Speaker 1: Welcome into the Ravens press past. Today you'll hear from head coach John Harball as the Ravens get ready to play the Detroit Lions. Here's Harps.
Speaker 2: Good seeing everybody out here. Obviously a great day for football. And have some special visitors here. Dave Price is here, one of our best fans. And also Isaac joined us with make a wish. He's just an awesome young guy. Hi, Isaac, see you let her body? You see him run the whole hundred yards down there. He's impressive. So a lot of fun guys are locked in good practice and we're pointing towards Sunday. What questions you have John any recent for the decision? It seemed like more of a wolf through process today and we're going to the kind of good Just thought the best thing to do was get a good mental sweat, you know, try to really be focused on what we're doing assignment wise, and get ready for Sunday.
Speaker 1: Looks like Montgomery's not gonna play for them. I think Dan Cavil said, mir gives gonna handle a pretty big load. What have you seen from Gibbs? You know it takes that.
Speaker 2: Bart well, we watch him in college obviously, you know. And he's very talented, very elusive, tough, hard running back and the snaps he's taken so far for the lines have been the same. So and he's very versatile, do everything they can do in the backfield, lines up as a receiver, a lot of screens, all those things. John Dryll Suggs got to get the toughs sing fun or.
Speaker 1: What stories can you share of Suggs?
Speaker 2: And keep in mind you're on a live stream right exactly, you know. I mean, you guys know most of the stories. You know the fans of those stories, because that's a great thing about Terrell Suggs. You know, he was he kind of an open book. You know, it wasn't anything that he was trying to hide. You know who he was. Who he was. Some of the things he would say to kickers out there would probably be better left unsaid in the public sphere. But he made him he made he made tough enough kickers, you know his his I think his whole thing was to make it tough on kickers at practice. I think Tucker could tell you that he said some pretty funny things. But just he was a guy that I think just enjoyed the game. You know, he enjoyed every part of the game, the physical part of the game, the relationship part of the game, like being the villain, like he would talk about part of the game. I think he loved being a Raven. So yeah, it's a great honor. Congratulations. It was an honor to coach him to be a part of his career. It's one of the things I'll cherish the most, you know, looking back on it someday for practice this week, I look good, look good. Yeah, you couldn't see him back out there. WANs it all going up when you were in there. Yeah, I mean I wouldn't say we were Michigan fans, you know what I mean, You're more of a and I was. I grew up a Browns fan, so but kind of a Tigers fan. Definitely a Red Wings fan. Piston's fan during the bad boy years, for sure. You know they've they're not a fan of that was really anymore now. My wife still is. She's loyal, not to the Lions though, she's a Raven fan and she likes the So any plans for to step the team, the poble, I think I think if he shows up and he's got a word. Definitely. We were kind of that way with everybody, and you wouldn't you know, a legend like that, a guy that understands what it's all about.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: The guys would love to hear from him. I'd love to hear from him, and that'd be awesome if it works out.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: Dan Campbell when he was playing, he was kind of a cowboy's Eagles.
Speaker 1: Did he play special teams? Did you have to?
Speaker 2: I remember him out there though. If he was a special teams deamon, I definitely would have remembered him. But but but he was a heck of a tight end. I know that h and a very physical player. So much respect for coach Campbell, uh, you know, as as as a player, of course, but really as a coach. I mean what he's done as a coach and what he's all about, how he wants his teams to play very clear cut, you know, and I love the colorful way he explains it and expresses. I think great coaches have a knack for doing that as well. And he's got those guys playing at a really high level.
Speaker 3: He has a cafee of the back then as he is.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know I didn't know him as a player, he was ever on one of my teams or anything. You know, He's yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Now, let's send you into the locker room, right, Just wondering if you gotten any tips on Aiden Hutchinson from Mike McDonald.
Speaker 3: From Mike McDonald, Yeah, you coached? No, No, not that much. I didn't really say anything about him, but you know, we got a lot of a lot of film on him.
Speaker 1: So yeah, what stands out about him on film?
Speaker 3: His effort. You know, he definitely never gives up on play, good instincts, and you know, it just seems to be around the ball a lot.
Speaker 1: It seems like you're coming off a good game.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like physically that you're kind of getting back to where you want to be?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah, you know, I definitely feel like I'm getting better and I'm still nowhere near, you know, to my standard of play, but definitely improving him. You know, definitely gonna take another step this week as well.
Speaker 1: What do you think just generally about this Lion's defensive front.
Speaker 3: I think they're a good front, you know, I think they're well coached, they'll play well, you know, they'll have a different skill sets, different move menu, and you know, fundamentals really have to show this week.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to Raven's Press Pass and make sure you're subscribed, leave a rating review, and check out the Ravens Lounge podcast where we previewed the game against the Lions in our after our interview with Justin metab K. Thanks for listening and we'll be back with you next week