Speaker 1: Call It What It Is with Jessica Capshaw and Camille Luddington, an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Well, Hello, hello, Hello, hello everyone, and welcome to another episode of Call It What It Is? Or should I have said, ho ho ho hoozy.
Speaker 3: It is cheesy, but it's right. This week is the week to go ho ho ho.
Speaker 4: It feels right, it feels right.
Speaker 2: I gotta tell you, I got like the Christmas sweat today.
Speaker 3: I was doing that thing.
Speaker 2: Where I was like, I've made a list for hate, and I've made a list for Lucas and I counted, and there's a discrepancy. Oh oh, the dreaded discrepancy.
Speaker 3: There is one kid that has would currently have more under the tree.
Speaker 2: And so I rushed to target teeth, not brushed, rushed in there looking so little, and was literally just launching shit into the basket.
Speaker 4: I don't even know what I got.
Speaker 3: I'm like that that's pink with a thing, go, yeah, a little bit of glitter.
Speaker 4: Fine. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I did a similar thing when I launched myself into my car. I had brushed my teeth, but you know it's winter here in New York, so I had like the hat pulled almost.
Speaker 4: Over the eyebrows like that, can your eyeballs just poke the eyeball, put eye.
Speaker 5: Holes in the so I can see through that.
Speaker 4: That's how I got it.
Speaker 5: And I almost launched my car into a couple other cars just trying to park before I actually launched myself or launched things into a cart of any kind.
Speaker 4: And you know what, I felt like a low hum.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say this word, and then I thought that's too much capshaw, and then I went, no, it's right.
Speaker 4: I felt a low key rage, like the Christmas rage, like a little bit of like the opposite of Christmas chair.
Speaker 2: You know, I think that it comes with more than a sprinkle every year of some Christmas rage. I think that is true. The traffic in LA right now is painous. Yeah, it took me so long to even get there, and by the time you're walking in, it's just and the shelves have been cleared out already. Yeah, you know, it's like an apocalypse has happened.
Speaker 3: But for Christmas. Yep, No, I get it.
Speaker 2: I get the sweat, I get the I get the.
Speaker 3: The rage, the parking, the whole thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I sat, I you know, this person had the they tapped on their brake lights, so that usually indicates they're going to leave. So I pull over, you know, like a frogger, like it's just for my life. Yeah, I leap into that spot so that I could take her spot. And then you know, I waited because it was fine. I was chilling, and then it was like more than enough time for her to have tacked out by now, and I didn't see the white lights that you know, meant she was gonna reverse.
Speaker 4: So then I was like, do I get out of the car and say like, I'm so sorry, but are you leaving? I know? Do I not? Could she be filled with the Christmas rage? And maybe it wasn't so low key?
Speaker 2: And then I don't know. It's a risky move. It's a risky a risky get out and tap the window and.
Speaker 4: Off just talking about it. Yeah are you leaving sign?
Speaker 2: Because you can get you can get a oh yeah yeah I'm leaving my now, or.
Speaker 3: You can get a like a goot fuck your song with rage.
Speaker 2: I love the spot, right, And then they're taking out the laptop. They're doing meetings in that spot, but they're not going to turn the lights off. They'll keep the reverse lights on. And then you're and then it's then then the rage is raging.
Speaker 4: And you don't know which one it's gonna be.
Speaker 3: You don't know what you do? Did you get out of the sleep of faith? Did you?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 5: If I waited a little bit less time, I think I would have just kept going, but I'd actually invested a little more than I want you to have.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And so I had to just check.
Speaker 5: So I get out and I sort of go hi, like, didn't want to scare her. Yeah, And she gave me the no, I'm setting up shop in this parking.
Speaker 2: Spots, and I was like, okay.
Speaker 3: That's so annoying.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And also, what I don't like about the no I'm staying is it's okay to be like, hey, no, I'm staying. You know that some people really feel like insulted by the question.
Speaker 5: What about me in my car with my break lights on? Makes you think I'm going to leave this spot?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like you're acting entitled because you've read the lights in the back. I just like, I just like, I just use those to light the work inside that I'm about to do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, by the way, Karva was on my side because as I full of shame, went back to my car. That one car over actually did have people in it, so I did the same thing, like, Hi, excuse me, are you leaving?
Speaker 4: And she said yes, And.
Speaker 5: Then by the grace of the Santa Spirit, the person behind me allowed me to back up a little bit more so I could take that spot.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know what I like.
Speaker 2: I like it when I am am doing the same thing that you're doing. I'm like, I've decided to stalk this, you know, the stalk or whatever.
Speaker 4: I don't, I say, stalk the.
Speaker 3: Spot right and the and the car puts on the.
Speaker 2: Lights, and then you're waiting and waiting and waiting, and there's a part of me it's like I'm not going to get out, but I will stay here. And the longer it takes, as long as I can make that eye contact when they pull out of like it's been too goddamn long, you right, Like when they pull out, Like, as long as I have that moment where they can see in my eyes it's fifteen minutes, Yeah, then I'm okay, I'll do what Really, it's not going to do anything.
Speaker 3: It's gonna make my day a little bit brighter.
Speaker 2: But like I just there's a point where it's like, I waited, but I'm not going to risk getting out the car.
Speaker 3: But I'm there for that. The eyeballs are like.
Speaker 4: For the Yeah, I've been here all day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and what have you been doing?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: What have you?
Speaker 3: I can see you in the car.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: Okay, So we're in the Christmas spirit here, guys.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it's gonna you know, I think that I as a parent, I feel like it's all just we're in a state of military grade.
Speaker 4: Like I am an operative.
Speaker 5: And I have I have three twenty four hour shifts ahead of me until school gets out.
Speaker 4: You're not. It's a volunteer position, and it's a volunteer that.
Speaker 2: You didn't have, but nobody told you that it was gonna be twenty four hours.
Speaker 4: I'm getting paid in love. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, So they better throw it at me when school gets out on Thursday. We get out on Thursday. Oh thank you so much?
Speaker 2: School.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, they're like, hey, do you need the Friday?
Speaker 5: No, no, yeah, no, definitely let them out before the week's over.
Speaker 3: Well, by the time this airs, though, they'll be out.
Speaker 5: It's true, it's true, But I'm just saying of my mindset is twenty.
Speaker 4: Four hour three twenty four hour shifts.
Speaker 3: Never say die, goodise, never say die.
Speaker 4: Get to the finish line and then you know what.
Speaker 5: Then at that point, if things haven't been done well, then they're not gonna They're not gonna get done.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you the biggest mistake that gets made on Christmas Day in our family? And honestly it sends me off the It's like, you know, it could be the final straw. We talked about final straws.
Speaker 3: Recently.
Speaker 2: We have had seasons and I now I know better, and I knew better at Target today where you get all the toys and they're like batteries not included and it's not like an AA right, it's like one of those circles, like a double circle with a little you know, and it's.
Speaker 3: Got to be pinkoing. It's a battery you've never heard of.
Speaker 5: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you have to fly.
Speaker 4: You need a scare driver to take the off to insert the battery.
Speaker 2: Yes, and the screwdriver will have always been in one spot until Christmas Day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I had to move. It was like the Elf, the Elf ticket.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the batteries are gone to Spot and so I know better. Though this year I bought one of those battery things that has the whole all of them, all of them, every single one.
Speaker 4: That's what you got a Target today. It's one of them.
Speaker 3: I didn't get it at Target today.
Speaker 2: I looked for regular batteries a Target, but Costco had the the suitcase.
Speaker 3: You've seen the case?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, for sure. Anyway, I never thought that would be my life.
Speaker 5: Just so we're saying, like when I was prancing around in my twenties just being cute. Yeah, yeah, I really battery like thinking ahead to battery.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, would benefit me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's a situation that day when you open that present and you can't it, it's not going to work.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, okay, So wait, I know a little bit more about who we have on today than you do.
Speaker 3: I have met her one time, but I want to talk about it with her how I met her. But you why don't you tell on.
Speaker 4: Half the crew?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Have the pair. We have the lovely Rachel Bilson and Olivia Allen on the show today. So excited.
Speaker 5: They were maybe one of the first podcasts that I went on after knowing that we were about to start our own, so I was looking at it in a very different way, and they were lovely, very very lovely.
Speaker 2: So you calling me after and telling me you're like, this is you know, this is like the vibe and they're two best friends, and it was like, you know, they've got a similar situation going on, yet similar and.
Speaker 5: Different, Which is why I always say there's space for everyone. I'm not a I'm not a I don't operate from scarcity. I operate from abundance. While they are two best friends and we had many our conversations when I was on, there absolutely would be ones that you and I would have. There's a there's a different there's a there is a difference in the vibe. Yeah, there's different energy. Yeah, they're both so cool and really really really interesting. And I also enjoyed being able to have them now as guests because I got to like the I find that the research part of it's so cool, Like you think you know people, but then when you're about to have them, obviously as a host, do you want to be prepared and so learning about.
Speaker 2: Them is pretty cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'd never I want to ask Olivia, because I'd never heard of a spiritual psychologist before I know, no, I had no, So I want to know all the things.
Speaker 4: Yep, well, obviously we're gonna get to know all the things. Are you guys matching?
Speaker 3: We did not plan it the whole suit.
Speaker 4: We're both well they are slightly different, but like not much.
Speaker 3: That's a whole thing.
Speaker 5: So these two beautiful faces just popped up in the almost exact same color, beautiful Bordeaux, deep cherry, nearly christmasy color. And then they said we didn't plan it, as they swung their mics in front of their faces at the exact same time and the exact same.
Speaker 3: Position, and they're like, yes and not go together.
Speaker 4: I'm so excited.
Speaker 5: We were just we were chatting before you all came in, and I said that doing your podcast, I loved doing your podcast.
Speaker 4: I loved I love your energy, I love your questions, I love your perspective. I loved hearing them all.
Speaker 5: And it was the first podcast that I had ever done as a guest, knowing that we were about to go on this ride.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I didn't know that. Wow, yeah, yes, billed it. Oh please please?
Speaker 5: So I went to I heard stingle Ball in Los Angeles, and then I went to the New York one and it was it's not over to like eleven thirty, which I don't know about, you guys, way past my bedtime. So I'm like standing there and were at Penn station and like the chances of a of an uber actually making it to the door, like so slim and it's so cold, and I'm with two teenage girls that of course definitely did not need to wear jackets, and so we're like, cool, can we maybe maybe see if the car pulls up? So we're just waiting there, waiting there, waiting there, and someone that was with us will know what her name was, and if you had been with me Camilla, you would know who she was. But she was a desperate housewife and she was on the maybe Jersey version and across this very small room you hear her scream whispering.
Speaker 4: Can you please introduce me to Kate Gapshaw?
Speaker 3: She's over there? But who was it? I heard?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 2: Do you guys watch the Housewives? Do you watch guys?
Speaker 7: I know I've never seen. It's crazy that I haven't because I love reality TV.
Speaker 4: I've never seen an episode. Oh you're messing out?
Speaker 3: Do you watch Band of Pump rolls.
Speaker 4: I've never seen an episode of the House.
Speaker 6: I watched one half season when I was like sick in bed.
Speaker 7: I love that shit, though, Like I love reality television.
Speaker 2: What's the reality tale of television that you watched? You watched Love Island? I love Love is.
Speaker 3: Blind is like my favorite.
Speaker 7: Oh, but I was like, I got into the Bachelor World forever and I was so committed and I haven't in like years now.
Speaker 3: I just I don't know.
Speaker 4: I like those ones, like the dating ones are fun for me.
Speaker 5: Well, speaking of crazy things that I haven't heard yet, I mean, I'm taking a hard right turn.
Speaker 2: But it's just like you're going to ask because we just talked about this, well because because I, you.
Speaker 5: Know, we're a little yin and yang, she and I, and so she knows about stuff that I don't know about Nino, so we bring it all together.
Speaker 4: Right, Have you heard about the drones in New Jersey?
Speaker 7: Of course She's just brought this up to me yesterday. So I'm Rachel in her yang Yeah, LOI yeah, I'm Rachel.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know about the drones?
Speaker 4: Thank god.
Speaker 2: Of course I had to because here's the thing. When you guys were coming on, they're coming on. I was like, well, they talk, you know what, they open and talking about stuff, and I heart like they're open and I said, what about aliens literally and they were like, yeah, they'll talk about aliens. And it felt right because this drone situation is real.
Speaker 4: I'm hoping it's aliens. I mean, yeah, I do.
Speaker 2: Of course, it's going to be disappointing if it's some sort of like just regular but no, it's it's so it's all over the world right now.
Speaker 4: Can you too tell me why you think it's aliens or what is there any evidence to support alienness.
Speaker 6: The weird part is it's kind of like that movie Don't Look Up. Did you guys see that? Yeah, it's like World the World Don't Look Up was amazing movie about an asteroid coming.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I did see that. I did see that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And they're basically like, carry on, don't look up, keep going. And that's what's happening with the drones is we're not getting any answers. Nobody's saying what they are. They're literally coming out going we don't know what they are. Get back to you. More will be revealed, and nobody has an answer of what these lights in the sky the drones.
Speaker 4: Have you seen the bulbs of light the orbs?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, I've seen them. They look kind of holographic. Yes, So there's a millet.
Speaker 4: Jessica's laughing.
Speaker 3: I'm say, Jessica, you're not gonna be laughing when you end up.
Speaker 4: With a spaceship in the backyard. Okay.
Speaker 3: So there's a guy on TikTok right now, and his theory is is that he has worked in the military, and he said, those drones that we're seeing, they're lying to us. They are US drones. Those are in the air.
Speaker 2: And he talks about how the lights on them, and he shows pictures and how he's seen drones like that, and the US military is lying to us about the US government is lying to us about that, right are those are our drones. But the reason that they're in the air is because of the orbs. The orbs they don't know what they are, and the orbs feel like UFOs, and so the orbs are flooding the airspace, and so the drones are up there to try and take a look because basically they're saying, listen, if it was like some if it was a different country and adversary that was up there, we'd be shooting them down, like we wouldn't let it go on this long with this.
Speaker 4: But they're only interested in Jersey. No, they're all over.
Speaker 3: It's wrong with Jersey, Justine.
Speaker 5: No, I'm just saying that there's a collective of them in New Jersey, correct that they're starting to theirs. I was just saying, if they're orbs that are alien, don't you think that they would like maybe move with it there?
Speaker 4: Because I heard a theory that was more like they are.
Speaker 5: Looking for something, because evidently they only come out at night, right, no one's seen them in the daytime.
Speaker 6: Well, they were also over a military base, and so they were over different parts that could be considered sensitive to our safety.
Speaker 5: Yeah, see, I was talking to someone. That's what I was saying earlier was that their theory was far more like.
Speaker 4: Dark.
Speaker 7: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 5: That it was like just more like more Jason Bourney, more like like mission impossible, more like like someone searching for something and then and that in that way as opposed to just like aliens coming down and being like what's up.
Speaker 6: There's another theory that it's all just a distraction from something in life. On a good show, Like this girl was telling me yesterday that she's like, it's just a distraction. The US government comes up with ideas of way to distract us and polarized attension while they do something behind our backs.
Speaker 4: So everybody on TikTok.
Speaker 6: And all this that, everybody's trying to dissect what it is, and all I want is for it to be aliens.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well maybe that's what Santa's going to bring this year, some alien.
Speaker 5: What would you do? I would be so, I'd be so curious. I don't feel afraid of aliens.
Speaker 6: Me neither.
Speaker 3: I just you don't believe aliens.
Speaker 4: I believe in everything.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but I feel like we've only been presented with what aliens are or could.
Speaker 4: Be through movies.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And so in my mind, I'm like, is it going to be like The Predator or is it going to be like.
Speaker 3: With the Predator was an alien?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah? He is an alien Astralien. Yeah, he's an alien. But like, are they super scary looking or what if they're like cool?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm that's the alien I'm hoping for. That's the one I'm curious about. I'm not curious about Predator.
Speaker 3: No, definitely not.
Speaker 6: There's a theory that people with RH negative blood or alien and I have RH negative blood.
Speaker 4: If you heard this theory, I don't even know what that is.
Speaker 5: That sounds hardware one boot a discount, You get a discount there?
Speaker 4: What's happening?
Speaker 3: Okay? Tell me because I love a theory.
Speaker 4: Ourh negative blood is.
Speaker 6: If you heard of people that have negative blood where they have to get the shot to have a baby and everything. No, okay, so I had to get a shot so that my body.
Speaker 4: Doesn't hurt my own baby. I've heard of that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, wow, it's yeah, it's a thing. And they can't trace where the blood originated. Like all other forms of blood, there's lineages of it and it all maps out, makes sense. This our h factor was like brought onto the scene and they're going, this doesn't belong to anything on Earth.
Speaker 4: So the theory is that RH.
Speaker 6: Negative blood comes from aliens alien and when I heard that, I went that because you're part.
Speaker 4: AliOS, right, she has alien eyes. I think I might be a little part alien maybe a little bit.
Speaker 3: That's wild.
Speaker 4: Well, this would just contribute to me being curious about aliens. You're welcome here on Earth, Olivia, Thank.
Speaker 2: You, I asked you a question too, Olivia, because okay, so before we came on the pod, I said to Jessica that I had never heard of a spiritual psychologist before.
Speaker 3: I and you said you had an either dress no, but I want to know more. So we wanted to know more about what that is because maybe I need it.
Speaker 6: So basically I did a master's program in spiritual psychology where you learn all the different modalities of psychology, but then they bring the spirit into it in the sense of what is your soul's perspective, like bringing in meditation, bringing in consciousness, what are you here for that's bigger purpose outside of just your mind. So most psychology deals with the mind, and so basically a spiritual psychologist takes it to a higher elevation of bringing consciousness into it and really kind of including your soul in You're healing in order to get past any blocks you have. So I did like two years of studying that in a program.
Speaker 3: And then do you guys have your own spiritual psychologists.
Speaker 6: I saw a coach for a long time, and my therapist is very spiritual, so she brings in that stuff like we won't just be like, oh this happened when you're a kid or whatever. She will take me to kind of different places as far as like say something was going on in your life and you were like, I can't decide between this and this, and these are both kind of painful choices, then we would say, Okay, So if you were to rise above that and look at the situation, what is it that your soul is seeking to learn through this experience and what do you think would be most in alignment with your authentic self and your soul's journey. I know it's a little out there.
Speaker 3: But no, no, no, it's not at all. An actually makes perfect sense to I mean, I'm very spiritual to a justice too.
Speaker 2: It actually suddenly feels weird to me that we don't include that in therapy, right, Like that should just be a part of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, agree, agree, I'm I'm in the part.
Speaker 5: I'm like when I'm sitting in the patient chair, I'm like, this is my work, guys, this is when I'm like, how do I reach my authentic self to ask that question again?
Speaker 4: Where what's my soul's phone number? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Way, is there like a quantifiable way that I can understand that this is really being It's that it's that piece.
Speaker 4: There's always been like a speed bump for me.
Speaker 6: It's not just the mental exactly right, And so you would have to get out of the mental and into the physical. Yeah, because like your intuition is your authentic self, and your intuition's never going to speak through fear's voice. So the minute you're thinking from fear, you're in your mind and that's how you know.
Speaker 4: So it's like, how do you get there?
Speaker 6: You get into your body and you can feel if your intuition is clear and calm and gets a hit, it's never going to be attached to fear. That's only the analytical mind and ego. That's your instincts, right.
Speaker 3: I love that it stopped.
Speaker 4: Me at any moment. I mean no, no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: I mean yeah, Rachel, does she like this?
Speaker 2: Is so? I yeah, yeah, sorry, no, I'm so sucked in.
Speaker 5: Well, the the you know, the premise of this show is I mean, obviously that's it was born of our friendship. It was born of a lot of things. But one of the things that we are lucky enough to have is a group of people that trust calling in, writing in with things that are on their mind. And so we get a huge spectrum of concerns and worries and or stories to tell or you know, some kind of like piece of belonging to like reach for in all of this, right, what we hear a lot in different forms is self doubt, like how do I know I'm doing the right thing?
Speaker 4: And I.
Speaker 5: Joke, but I don't joke, Like I do find that to be the hardest thing to gain access to because I'm a thinker. But that was part of my survival, right, Like that's like, well, I'm just gonna I mean, like if I'm just thinking and I'm staying ahead of it, and my ten steps ahead of it's even better than you know, five, So let's go.
Speaker 4: Can you do twenty?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: Like I have twenty steps ahead?
Speaker 5: And then and then I'm no longer in my life, which was an unlearning and a trust in it all being okay, which I preach all the time, right, because I do believe that everything will be okay in the end, and if it's not okay, it's not the end.
Speaker 4: At least I had a good time in the meantime, yeah, exactly, And.
Speaker 5: In the and in the meantime, what am I holding on to? Like, what's what's my what's my life raft and and and what am I going to grab onto? And not like negotiate about how I'm being saved, but just allow myself to be saved, not by a person necessarily or even an idea, but how am I going to trust? And there's definitely been a lot of unlearning of exactly what you said right the mental and leaning into a knowing. But it's funny how once you have that, you have that thing in your head that it's like when you start looking for a car, You're like, oh, I really think that I'm I really want to get the the I'm interested in the Volvo blah blah blah. All of a sudden, it's fucking everywhere. It's like everywhere you see that Volvo everywhere everywhere. And the minute you start, you know, thinking about an idea, it's like, isn't that confirmation bias?
Speaker 4: Is that what it is?
Speaker 5: It's like, yeah, You're you're constantly being It's like the world is like confirming that how you're looking at everything, and I think.
Speaker 4: It's an algorithm.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, but you're like it's it just starts happening, and so I find that it's only been I don't know in like the last five ten years of my life where I've had a real understanding of what knowing means, which I think you could substitute knowing for intuition. But when you have a real knowing, you're right, it kind of is absent of fear or self doubt. You can quickly get up, you can grab it back, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Real quick programmed.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But the hits are always going to be clear.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, right, yeah, I always.
Speaker 4: Get that, the clear hits, You get the wow that does that happened for you?
Speaker 7: Well, it's the same thing, like you know, once something's in my mind, like it shows up everywhere constantly, to the point where I'm like, okay, you can stop now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, like I get it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it happens all the time.
Speaker 5: It's very easy to get distracted in the world that we live in, right It's it's a very distracting world. I mean there at any given time, you can truly be in connection with so many different things, right like from we there used to be thinking time, and there's less thinking time.
Speaker 4: We're just being time.
Speaker 5: And I think it's weird that I would say that. I think it takes courage to just be because that should be really uh intuitive, but it's not. And I think that you know, we all get we all get distracted by the drones.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that's why they've put it right. That's only in Jersey Sted only. I want some orbs. I want some orbs near near in Los Angeles?
Speaker 3: I can't wait?
Speaker 2: Are you kidding?
Speaker 4: I know? I think that.
Speaker 5: CaMLA would be the person outside like taking like thinking she was taking some serious iPhone footage.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 1: I'm Kristin Davis, and I want to know are you a Charlotte. In nineteen ninety seven, my life was forever changed when I took on the role of Charlotte York on a new HBO show called Sex and the City. As we watched Carrie, Samantha, Miranda, and Charlotte navigate relationships in New York City, the show helped push once unacceptable conversation topics out of the shadows and altered the narrative around women and sex. We all saw ourselves in them as they searched for fulfillment in life, sex and friendships.
Speaker 4: Now I want to connect with you.
Speaker 1: And share untold stories and all the behind the scenes together with special guests.
Speaker 3: What will begin with sex and the.
Speaker 1: City will evolve into talks about themes that are still so relevant today. Are You a Charlotte is a much more than just rewatching our beloved show. It brings the past and the present together as we talk with heart, humor, and of course some optimism. Listen to Are You a Charlotte on the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: I want to know how you guys met and started this whole podcast together.
Speaker 4: Well, I was.
Speaker 7: In love with my brother's best friend when I was thirteen years old and he's four years older, and he was obsessed with this girl in the valley where we grew up, and there was a yearbook picture of this face. And I saw her at thirteen years old, and I was like, I fucking hate her. I was like, she's the prettiest thing I've ever seen. This dude's in love with her. I'm in love with him. She's a bitch, Like that was my first impression. I'm like her face, her eyes, I'm like, there's no way she's nice, like whatever. That was the first time, like I ever saw her at thirteen years old. But then we became friends in our high school year and then towards the end of high school and then we were just off.
Speaker 3: And popping after that.
Speaker 7: And then I asked her to do a podcast with me, because well, she just brings everything to the conversation and she's a lot smarter than I am.
Speaker 2: So I feel like, what's so nice though, working with someone that you've known a long time and when you have that friendship that you guys have, is there is a shorthand that happens between the two of you, and that chemistry would be really hard to be to recreate with somebody else. Yes, it's just so unnatural, like and I have other friends. Jess and I've talked about this, and I don't know if you guys feel this way. I have other friends who I love and adore, but I couldn't do a podcast with I feel like there's a specific back and forth to the conversation that just ends up working and doesn't feel like work. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Also, I think that it was like what you were saying, we pick up where each other's.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the yn Yan thing for sure, Like yeah, yes you complete me, Terry Maguire platonic completion exactly.
Speaker 6: We offer different things and it was so funny. Earlier this morning, we had a recording and we forgot that we had already recorded. It was already like we were in session, and we forgot and we had a full blown love session that was captured on camera, not remembering that we had hit record. But there's just this amazing when you work with someone that you love so much and you feel it home with them. That is such a gift, And not only to work with that person, but just to have friends like that where you're like, I am my hundred percent self with you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel you know, because it's like you try you can go do that with other people and we have like.
Speaker 7: Turn on like a social button or like you have to like you know what I mean, beyond in some way. And it's really nice to not have to do that. And we leave each other. She'll get her car and we're on the phone for her drive home. Yeah, yeah, that happens to That's what I'm yeah right.
Speaker 5: I mean yeah, But I think that that's the thing that because I've already said, I've listened to your podcast, We've been on your podcast, we have shared friends. I think it's the thing that I'm so hopeful about in making podcasts is that you know, listen.
Speaker 4: There's a ton of them.
Speaker 5: People who listen to podcasts have lots of choices, and no one's making anyone listen to anything in that way, right, And I think it's the coolest thing that someone that we don't know, right, that none of us know, might turn on one of our episodes and feel that connection and know that it's it's it's grounded. It's something very real and like in the same room, but also very real because it's extended through these airwaves and into their car or into their air pod while they walk, and you can actually be connected by this in this very invisible way.
Speaker 4: And maybe your.
Speaker 5: Connection is really just that someone else you know signs up for listening. But I still think that that's real. So I don't know, I think it's I think the whole podcast I was I was a little hesitant. I didn't I was like, one more thing to doe. All the smart people in my life kept being like, can podcast this podcast? That it all seemed very intelligent and I don't know, academic, and I was like, I don't got time.
Speaker 4: I'm a real person. I got a real job.
Speaker 6: Yeah. But the thing that I think podcasts are changing, and especially when you see all these best friend podcasts, and a lot of people that listen to best friend podcasts listen to multiples, like if if we're their favorite, chances are you're their favorite. Like there's some sort of comfort that it gives them if they're on a walk alone or if they're driving alone, it's like they have that kind of community.
Speaker 4: And I think.
Speaker 6: Too, it's really great for people to be hearing and also mirroring in their own life women not only helping each other, but advocating for each other, cheering each other on, like being happy for other people's successes, because I think so long women were pitted against each other, and I feel like in the podcast space it's actually one of those that's changing rapidly fast where we're going, No, we're champing, a champion, meeting other women to have voices and to succeed. You know.
Speaker 5: The same thing came up on actually the last episode we recorded with Kristin Chenam, because she was talking about like the nascent period of developing Wicked and it was her and Adina and it being a time where it was even I think I heard her saying it was far less expected now it's actually seen as something that's part of your like tagline, or something that's absolutely expected. Like if someone all of a sudden came out of the woodwork and was like, no, I'm competitive, bitch, get out of my way, you'd.
Speaker 4: Be like, what they did not get the memo?
Speaker 6: Right? Like?
Speaker 4: That would be crazy. But but I think that you're right.
Speaker 5: And I think that the more and more that you see people doing that, the more and more I do think if there's a contagious aspect to it. I think it used to be aspirational like, oh, we should want that, but we don't really want that. And now because we're naming these different ways to look at the world and and and saying like and I don't think it's a positive when someone if someone says to you operate out of scarcity, I don't think anyone would take that as positive.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 5: You want to think that there's more than enough in the world for everyone. There isn't usually like in a literal world, right, Like in a literal like are people getting what they want right now?
Speaker 4: Not really right? But we can still hope and want m h yeah ho ho ho ho ho.
Speaker 7: Hope you guys, thank you so much for being on the pod today.
Speaker 2: We look up to you guys because you've been doing it for so long and there is magic to it and we are still fetus podcast over here.
Speaker 4: Venus. I love it learning the ropes.
Speaker 5: But I'm very jealous of your morning early workout sessions, and I wish that I I a.
Speaker 3: Door jealous so five AM, Like.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't be doing it without them. She put it that accountability really makes.
Speaker 4: Her show up. Yeah, for sure. And by the way you make Christy show up. No, I get it. I get it. Yet the five am is rough.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 5: I've never been able to figure out how to sustain a five AM. I remember like when I was doing I don't know what show. I might have even been out of work, who knows, But Jennifer Garner was doing Alias and she was so badass and she was so ripped, and we had a couple of mutual friends and they kept just being like, she's such a hard worker, and I was like, I know, she's such a hard worker, Like she looks so great on the show and she works hard, like no, no, no, She wakes up at five am every single day and works out for two hours before she even starts work, and I.
Speaker 4: Remember, like, I can do that, what I can do that? So then I started.
Speaker 5: I signed up Liker's boot camp at five am. Oh, Nory is like an actual week.
Speaker 4: I don't even know that I made it to the end of the week.
Speaker 5: No, that's myself like running like her or Tom Cruise on the treadmill.
Speaker 4: I'm like, oh my god.
Speaker 7: And then she goes to the gym at five and then she'll meet me at pilates at nine.
Speaker 5: What Olivia might want to come back on and talk about what drives that?
Speaker 4: What drives that, Olivia is that it's called or it's my medicine. That's great. Really, you found your prescription exactly. All right, thank you both for thank you the time so much. Thank you. I'm a little jealous that you were wearing the same outfit.
Speaker 3: I know we need to get that.
Speaker 4: You guys need matching, matching.
Speaker 3: Yeah, please, of.
Speaker 4: Course that was so lovely. They're so so they made the matching for a long.
Speaker 3: Time, I know. And you know what I love about their story.
Speaker 4: She didn't like her to do. Yeah, they didn't like each other. How all all great friendships should be born.
Speaker 2: I think that that's the secret sauce and the secret magic.
Speaker 5: All right, let's call it thank you for being with us, and a very happy holidays during the time is let's call it the end of the episode.