Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen. Are you ready, It's about to hit the fan. Welcome to Unsanctioned Thursdays Wrestling with Friday, Ladies and gentlemen. This is your host, Mike Michaelson on behalf of Freddie Prinz Junior and Jeff di This is on sanctioned Thursdays. All right, we're gonna talk. Since there's only forty seven hours a week of wrestling, the people demanded more time, and Unsanctioned Thursdays is that time. And fortunately there's more wrestling out there on Saturday night and it's collision. And with the departure of Cmpunk, Brian Danielson has smoothly slid into the ultimate babyface position. And I want to be very clear for the next year, I don't know if there's gonna be a bigger babyface than Brian Danielson. I almost called him Daniel Bryan than Brian Danielson. He basically announced that he has a year left of wrestling, saying I promised my daughter when she turned I think it was seven years old, that I was going to wrestle a lot less and be home a lot more. And she's six years old, and this being his last year. I'm telling you right now, this guy can do he will do no wrong in the eyes of the fans. He can do anything he wants to anyone in the company, and it'll come off like a babyface because he just Your favorite football player just told you this is his last season. Your favorite basketball player just said, this is my final season. Come watch me play. No matter what, this guy so beloved. Everyone knows that he was looked over and passed over. At WWE, Vince Hunter and Stephanie had no thought of putting the World Championship around him. They put him in a crappy tag team that he made work with Cain. It started the hell No to the Hell Yes movement, and the Yes movement is what put the title around Danielbrian at WWE, who we know now is Brian Danielson, But the man who got the Yes movement to get behind him was a man who is one of the greatest professional wrestlers ever. And his skills on the mic developed over the years to the point where they are now were a very high level. And he's not a storyteller. He's very straight, direct and to the point. But he let everybody know this is just about it, and every match I have from this moment forward is going to mean something. Starting with and he announced his match against Zach Saber Junior, who I saw on the NXT channel a couple times. In whatever that World Cup thing that they was. It wasn't a World Cup. It was like the May Young Classic, only for dudes. But anyway, this guy is a special, special wrestler. He's a man's man, y'all. He just had a match where he broke his arm in like the first five minutes and still went for another twenty. Came back from the arm injury, had an epic strap match with Ricky Starks in which he won and still put him over. I can't say enough good stuff about this guy. He would come into our acting workshop when I worked at WWE, and he seems the same way now as he was then, Just a hungry dude who's doing what he loves. He treated everybody with so much friggin respect. He treated everybody so well, with so much dignity and kindness. And not everybody, in fact, hardly anybody lived a life he lived. He was a vegan back then. I don't know if he still is, you know what I mean? Like he was a real just a straight shooter, but he just treated every everybody phenomenally well, whether they were veterans that he treated with respect or people that were even newer than him that he would also treat with respect. But I saw him do that from the very beginning, and I know that he's still that way today because I know people that have worked with him, and they all say the same things about him. I can't say enough good things about Daniel Brian because that guy's just an absolute treasure of a guy, and we're lucky to have seen seen him wrestle.
Speaker 2: I am a little flustered by it, if I'm honest. We waited so long for him to come back, you know, we had so many years of the he can't wrestle, and the storyline of like will he ever be cleared? And then there was all these rumors of like, if he does get cleared by a different wrestling division that isn't like WWE, then he's gonna leave w which made everyone be like, what we're gonna lose Daniel Bryan to because some other people will clear him, And then the whole storyline of I'll never wrestle again, and now he is resiling. I really believe that he's only going to give us one more year so that he can spend time with his daughter, who will be turning seven in a year. And he promised her. I don't know why he'd make that promise. What about us? What about us? Daniel also wrestlers, I thought you guys didn't retire. I thought you just would die in the ring or whatever.
Speaker 1: Well, he didn't say no more matches. He just said way less. Okay, So he did throw that out there. He just said I'll be wrestling a lot. Oh.
Speaker 2: I thought he said that he was going to be done. He'll be done and when she turned seven.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I mean, maybe we can go to our you know, our our expert producer. But I think he made it sound more like he was just about done. But would maybe you know, undertook him for a while so to speak.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, we don't want him to just go away. That's what we don't want.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nobody wants to lose Danielbrien. And we know that you kids miss your dad, But come on, kids, suck it up, come on eight more. Yeah, that's what exactly.
Speaker 2: Also, I don't think these pro athletes understand, and this goes with football, baseball, basketball, hockey, pro wrestling UFC. They think I care about their personal lives.
Speaker 1: The you know, oh, I.
Speaker 2: Gotta spend time with my kids. I've got to think about my family. You know you don't think what You don't think about me when you leave town to go take these big contracts, when you go to a different you don't consider me, So why would I care about your personal life? We want you wrestling.
Speaker 1: Jeff ignores all his kids every week just so he can be here for us. He ignores all of them. Didn't even live with that.
Speaker 2: Who needs them?
Speaker 1: Right? Did you flip them?
Speaker 2: Ball?
Speaker 1: Don't like it. Ricky Starks came out and interrupted and is still setting himself up to be that next guy. And he also did it on Dynamite as well in a in a backstage segment that he he's honestly just as good at as he is in the entering stuff lately, but the path that he's on is the path he needs to stay on right now. This dude has found something in the last few months and it's really working well. The crowd loves it. He's even gotten booze, which is hard to do because when people love you, whether you're a good guy or bad guy. These days, they still cheer. It took a seventy year old man getting whipped with a belt to do it, but still, man, he got some booze. It's not an easy task, but yeah, man, I really enjoy collision when it's good and when they focus on the right people, man, it's it's good. And they did that. They did that this week. Let's move on to the return of Jay fucking car Kill the best, not Seth freaking Rollins. They don't have the guts to curse. Jade fucking car Gil is back. The choke slam looked awesome, the boot looked awesome. Everybody got the hell beat out of them. The segment was supposed to be about her. She came out in like the disco ball, shiny like suit looking things, so it was all lights on her, all focused on her. The white hair stepped in the ring like she owned it, smashed on everybody looked down, said that's my belt, walked out, Thank you very much. Jad Cargill. That's all I need to see, and I'm a happy wrestling pit. That's all I need.
Speaker 2: I got Big Bill beating up on Brian Anderson, I got Jade Cargill. This is a good week of wrestling if I can get two of my strong favorites like that in the same week.
Speaker 1: You love the Big Ones, he loved Big Ones, and he's Eddy's Jack drive Big Bill. He's Jack. Okay, Miro and Hobbs. I did not think think that we would get to spend time talking about this storyline too much because it's two big guys that aren't great on the mic. Although I think Hobbs is getting better on the mic. Miro is who he is on the microphone. It's hard when it's not your first language, and I think he does a good job considering considering that he speaks English fluently and I don't know how many other languages. But CJ. Perry, who we knew is Lana back in the day, one of the coolest managers ever when she was Russian Lana. When it was Ross, I loved that Lana. American Lana I didn't connect with as much. But evil old school Russian Lana was awesome. She is back, and she kind of put Russev's or Rusev. She kind of put Miro's storyline into context and added another wrinkle to the Hobbs Mirro story, which I hope isn't over. Shouldn't be meet him in need to be slapping meat, But she had a backstage like video of it, not backstage but like a video of vin yet basically saying that Miro lost his path and he was gonna have to find it, but she was going to have to find hers as well, and she did, and that discovery was She's going to become the coldest motherfucker on the planet and become the baddest manager in aew and I'm telling you right now, she's got a shot. She's got a shot the crowd. She's got a shot. Hear me out. Okay, it's gonna be tough and aew hat. I don't think has gotten the manager thing one hundred percent right. Yet the crowd friggin loves Miro so damn much. They want their big guy, like you like big guys to get over. Even if he's not doing great, they're still cheering and putting him over like he is, like in his promos and stuff like that. They really try to be receptive to his messages in the back stage segments that he's done that aren't always the best. If she can talk even a little, even a little bit, she's got a shot to get this over because they love him so damn much. If she comes off real at all and not like fake phony, super hot Hollywood blonde girl. But if she just comes off as real, even a little bit real, they're gonna love her and she I man, I hope, I hope she can do it. I think she's got a chance to pull it off, and it will be nice to have a manager that I liked in aew because in the NXT man she had it, she had it and she had the crowd, and I think she can pull that off again, I really do. Well, what makes a good manager, Well, first of all, the necessity of one. Right, your talent has to not be the best on the mic, so there's the necessity. Second, you have to be money on the microphone. I've seen okay now as the Amya Mri Lana. It was not money. However, as Russian Lana, and when she had a character she did really really well. I think if she throws everything away, everything that was wwe throw all that out and it's just I'm CJ. Perry, this is who I am. This is my man. I've stayed with him through everything because he's the most dominant male on the fucking planet and the rest of you guys are betas period. This is the kind of man I respond to. Then she's got a shot the same way like scary Share or sensational share he was with macho man like she was killing it back then. So I just I would love to see a strong manager at AEW and I'm glad they're taking a shot with her. But I'm saying she's got a shot, which means dodds are stacked against her.
Speaker 2: I think so too. I agree with all that. I just think that the best managers you know are the ones who crush it on the microphone. I think Enzo Amory could come back as like a manager and be a great No, not a wrestler. Don't put him in the ring.
Speaker 1: She was, she was money.
Speaker 2: Let him be on the mic. I think Lana is a smoke show. I think she's so stinking hot, and I really liked her when she was doing the Russian thing. Just like you said everything, I agree with everything you said. I just think it is going to be an uphill battle because I wouldn't say that her strong suit is necessarily like the microphone. But I'm rooting for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and that will be the dilemma. But I wish them luck, I wish them well, and I wish all our listeners well too, because this is unsanctioned Thursdays and it's the end of our show. And to quote the Great eighty Show on HBO Brain Games, Unsanctioned Thursdays is now over. This has been a production of Iheart's Michael Toura podcast Network. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.