Speaker 1: You're listening to the Ravens Press Past podcast is Wednesday, January third. Today we had a chance to hear from head coach John Harball as Ravens repair the upcoming game against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Speaker 2: All Right, great to see everybody, appreciate everybody coming out, good practice, great work, great spirits. Excited about the challenge in front of us, which is playing the Pittsburgh Steelers at our stadium. Always a great challenge. A couple of announcements. Quarterback for this game.
Speaker 3: Will be Tyler, the backup will be Josh. That's the way we'll be going with it.
Speaker 2: Beyond that, it's really not too much to talk about knowing real injury announcement that I know it for sure as Daryl Worley will be out of the game with his injuries. After that, it's going to be day to day with guys. Closer to the game, we'll know who can play, really out ruling anybody else out of the game until we see what our injury situations.
Speaker 3: Okay, what questions of Lamari is an active he will be there. Macon Rudolph sort of gave their offensive a little bit.
Speaker 4: It's been a couple of years that.
Speaker 5: You've seen him.
Speaker 3: What are you seeing it for him? Now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would say that. I mean he has given him a jolt. You know, he's playing really well. He's standing in there, he's making throws, he's delivering the ball down the field. Uh, you know outside inside, Uh, moving around the pocket. Well obviously there numbers are way up in the game since he's been in there.
Speaker 3: So yeah, he's made a difference for him.
Speaker 6: You waited till today to make the final announcement on Lamar. I mean what sort of nailed it.
Speaker 4: Down for you?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 2: I just think you just kind of consider all things. There's really not any one thing that goes into it. Just all things considered, it seemed to be the right thing to do, and we have conversations with Lamar and others and make the decision.
Speaker 8: Lamar improved particularly in any one area this year.
Speaker 3: Like you know that is this over?
Speaker 9: Like what wasend out about the way he performed this year most year?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: You know that's that's a question that we get asked a lot to try to pick one thing out, and it's really hard to do that, you know, because I just feel like there wasn't any one thing, you know that kind of needed to be better. It's like really most players at that level you're talking about the best of the best. It's really the ability to improve across the board, you know, and the collective difference it makes from when y're to the next and to me, with Lamar, it's just kind of a natural progression. I mean, he's he's he's always been a great player since he got here. But his ability to improve across the board, I think is abil ability over the course of the season to assimilate the offense that we're in now. A lot of things that are very similar to what we've done in the past, but a lot of things aren't, you know, and operating at the line of scrimmage and making certain decisions that showed up even in this last game or a big part of it.
Speaker 3: Two, he's throwing the ball.
Speaker 2: Well, he's he's he's moving in the pocket, he's seeing the field, he's protecting the ball, all the run game checks that he makes.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's just there's a lot of things.
Speaker 5: Kay is good.
Speaker 2: Doesn't too much to see when you towards that the other season, Well, that's probably one thing I would say is probably uh, I mean, he's always kind of had a single minded focus. But I I don't think I've ever seen it quite like this. Uh, he's been that way since the off season when we talked, since he came to Ota, since training camp, one.
Speaker 3: Day at a time, locked in.
Speaker 2: That's kind of how he's approaching, and I think it's it's been reflected and how he's practiced and how he's played.
Speaker 7: Job.
Speaker 4: Where did you think of the Will's ball and exciting?
Speaker 8: It's a big for your candid, just the success your team.
Speaker 5: And James people both had him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been amazing. I mean, I just couldn't be happier. I it was a nail bier, you know, obviously playing Alabama and Nick Saban and then the and uh the players that they have. Uh, it was really it was really amazing when that that stop got made at the end of the five yard line. So I was just thrilled for the Michigan team. Throw for Jim, throw for Jesse, Uh, thrilled for Sharon, throw for everybody there, you know, JJ, Blake, Corn St. Francis Guy, Saint Francis Guy made the play at the end there to stop the quarterback from scoring. So we got a lot of Saint Francis Academy. Guys, there just couldn't have been more more more pleased. I was really happy for my mom and dad. You know that interview that they had, they were talking about switching seats, you know, I mean that is so classic of them, you know, actually thinking it probably did make the difference. Uh, and my mom, I mean, the guy doing the announcement, you guys will appreciate this. But my dad, you know, well he's kind of he's a little bit He's fun, but he's a little bit polished, you know, he's he's been an interviewed before.
Speaker 4: My mom.
Speaker 2: You put a microphone in front of her face, so you hang out with her for a couple of minutes. You know, you don't even have to ask her what she thinks. She's got to tell you what she thinks.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 2: I think he figured that out pretty quick. So it was fun to watch. I'm gonna go to the game. I'm gonna go to the game. Take Angered and uh yeah, we're gonna enjoy that.
Speaker 11: Thanks reaction to a game like yours in the past.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, they uh, they've they're they're pretty excited. My dad always he's either here he always says, who's got better than us? I mean that's like that's a given. You know, we say that to the team a lot. Our guys know the answer. We even have the T shirt.
Speaker 3: But uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my dad always says every time we win, he always basically says, that's that's your best win.
Speaker 3: Yet, you know, so they keep coming.
Speaker 8: We saw Malik Cunningham out there warming up with wide receivers. I know he's a quarterback here, but what are some of the skills he brings.
Speaker 7: In that sort of role.
Speaker 2: I guess yeah, I mean, you know we're gonna you know, he'll be up for the game. He'll be active, and he'll be also he'll be up, you know, a quarterback in the rotation. He'll be our third quarterback. But he'll also be able to play some other positions for us. He'll be able to play a little bit on special teams, whatever we decide he can do. I mean he's a little new to that. Uh he'll be playing wide receiver, which he's been practicing uh here and there, and uh so he'll be he'll be a factor.
Speaker 12: Going back to Lamar for a second, I know you guys have a lot more than you want to do, so does he. But just think it back to the offseason, just all the un shorty surrounding him and maybe a speuture with the team, and you think back to that point and where you are now and to see the regular season he's been able to have just what comes to your mind about how happy you are from the transition from Saint March to now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, happy, very happy.
Speaker 2: Couldn't be any happier, you know, I mean, this is this is this is the this is the outcome that that that that that honestly that I hoped for and prayed for, you know, and and to see it come about this way not surprising, you know, I think you never know, But I think our thought, My thought was that it was gonna it was gonna happen, that he was gonna be a Raven, just because I felt like he wanted to be a Raven, but also because I was on the outside of it, kind of watching a little bit, not being directly involved. I just felt my feeling was Lamar wanted to be here, and and Eric and Steve wanted Lamar here, you know, and that being the case, it was gonna work out one way or another somehow, And so I just was patient. You know in my mind that when we start practicing, there will be out there. But beyond that, I think what I'm really excited about through all of that is just la Mar's character, his competitiveness, his desire to be great. To your point, uh, to be the best. You know, that has never been in question, but I think it's shown very true throughout the whole process.
Speaker 6: John, you talked on you talked on Monday about how you're it's a two stage process at this point. You're preparing for the Steelers, but you're preparing for the playoffs too. Do you have it all mapped out at this point?
Speaker 7: I mean do you do? You do?
Speaker 4: You sort of know every day between now in the on the playoff team.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, the only question is what day we're gonna play. You know, it was a little bit, I'm be honest with you, a little surprise that we played on Saturday on this one.
Speaker 3: But you know, it's fine. You just adapt.
Speaker 2: So it's mapped out and then we'll see which day we play. So there's a couple of maps.
Speaker 4: In this finale.
Speaker 13: Pittsburgh obviously, I mean it's a rival. Do you like it in the fact that I mean, obviously, you guys are number one seeded seasons gapped up, but they're playing for something, and you guys have a I don't know you can keep them out of the playoffs, I guess.
Speaker 9: I mean, do you like that scenario in this final?
Speaker 7: Boy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I don't think you have to be.
Speaker 2: There's no lack of motivation for sure, just because it's, first of all, it's an NFL game, you know, and the guys playing in the game are gonna be given it all they've got. You have to and the guys playing the game want to win each play and they want to win the game. They're gonna play their very best. They're gonna play as hard as they possibly can. The other part of it, you know, it's we're playing a division rival, so you know what that goes what goes with that, you know, they know us, we know them, and we know what's gonna take to win a game like this, you know.
Speaker 3: So and then that's Pittsburgh, So all those things factor in.
Speaker 9: How creative. Maybe this is more Eric's department, but I'm sure you have the impact on it. You almost have to get Saturday to make sure you have coverage at certain spots to make sure you can get the guys off that you don't want really to see. Is that kind of been something you're gonna have to juggle right up until inactives or do nine even is.
Speaker 4: For the game?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's uh, it's like a It's like a puzzle, except the p the puzzle pieces are constantly morphing into different shapes, you know, day by day, so by Saturday, I'm sure it'll all fit together.
Speaker 12: The plus movie say, as a practice doesn't kind of threat the entertenances or has it been an ast an.
Speaker 7: Age of the week as you more, and it's just like maybe a chechny.
Speaker 3: Dismas says right, big challenge, I mean big challenge.
Speaker 2: You know Zay's been been dealing with that issue and uh and hadn't been able to practice but still played well.
Speaker 3: But that's not something that you want to have to happen too much.
Speaker 2: I mean, he needs practice, So hopefully he'll be able to get out there and practice tomorrow, you know, uh and Friday.
Speaker 3: That's our hope.
Speaker 9: Joh And you've talked a little bout twenty nineteen, but when you're planning out these next couple of weeks. I is there anything you've planned to do differently maybe to kind of ha against the rust factor and guy's not getting my props.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, you know, I don't know. We put up five hundred yards in that game. You know, we just didn't score touchdowns. I mean that's really the bottom line. And by the end of the game, our defense, you know, got a little get a little worn out against a really good running team. So you know, it's it's kind of a it's a narrative. We didn't we didn't. We didn't win the game. We didn't score enough points. But when like we weren't moving the ball, we just didn't execute in the red zone very well. So you know, that was just a football game. I think we had really good practices and went back and kind of looked through that and notes and things like that. We practiced great, guys, had good spirits. I think I think we had a good game plan. We just didn't get the job done in certain plays, you know, So that's how football goes. So not really I think more it's I guess my long the long winded point here is that you just look at where you're at with your team at this time. And make the decisions that are best as you see it.
Speaker 1: That was hey, coach John Harwall. We also talked with quarterback Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 9: Or what's your your reaction drawn John told us that, Uh, if you're not gonna be playing in this stuff and Alle, what's kind of your reaction to that?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I'm cool with it. Me and coach talked about it.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 5: I felt like it was best suitable to that's you know, sitting and stuff like that to finish around.
Speaker 14: No one, no one, you know, you could keep Pittsburgh out of the playoffs arrival, All that as is make it harder.
Speaker 5: I I believe Snoop can get the job done, you know, and we we got guys who gonna go out there and play ball out. You know, I got all the faith of my team.
Speaker 7: Omar.
Speaker 4: What's key for you these next couple weeks?
Speaker 6: I mean in two thousand nineteen, you had a similar stretch between your last game and the regular season to the playoff game. Oh, how do you approach these next couple of weeks individually as far as getting.
Speaker 3: Ready for the divisional round?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 5: Just keep my body, uh, you know, moving around, just keep being locked in like we've been all season. Uh, just treated as a about week, you know, that's all.
Speaker 1: Or how is this stretch of games Miami, San Francisco. You you've played basically all the playoff teams since the buy. How has that stretch helped prepare you for the postseason?
Speaker 15: Uh?
Speaker 5: Just get rid of for a physical game, you know, knowing how to how physical the playoffs are, uh, and how every play counts, at every drive counts. It's pretty much just helped me out to just get me prepared for it.
Speaker 4: Do you evolution this offense been for you watching? I mean it looks like the last Yon last couple weeks.
Speaker 14: You guys are you know if your peak maybe go higher, but you're playing at such a high level.
Speaker 3: Just feel like just kind of a ramp up all the way through.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just believe we've been j you know, just jetting together and getting better each and every day, starting in practice.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 5: I feel like towards the end of the season, our practice has been a lot crisp, a lot sharper, and it's it's showing on Sundays.
Speaker 4: You're been playing in the playoff came since twenty twenty. Now, does it does it feel like a long a long time.
Speaker 5: Dude, not that you said, yeah it does, you know, but I'm I'm I'm ready, you know, I'm locked in and unprepared.
Speaker 8: Do you plan to handle this next two weeks any differently than you did in twenty nineteen?
Speaker 5: And if so, the house, Uh just you know twenty nineteen. Oh well, you know, we always talking about it. I always find myself myself, you know, talking about it and stuff like that. But it's different, you know, that was just my my first full season in the NFL, you know, in my second year in the league at that.
Speaker 15: Uh.
Speaker 5: But but it's a lot different, you know, mindset, Uh, different guys, different group of guys. I just feel like all around with different What do you think it comes up so much us or you out of twenty nineteen just because of you know, how how well we was. We were fourteen and two, looked like we was gonna be unbeaten, you know, just I felt like all phasibles just playing at the at the top of our game at the time.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 5: But I don't know where where it was where we just hit a hump when we just couldn't get it done, you know, uh that January. But I feel like I strongly feel like this year it'll be different.
Speaker 8: Curious about you mentioned about being on you know, like that you're about being unbeaten of it?
Speaker 4: Do you always feel like this year because of how dominant you've been that, you know, you always feel like that you guys were so close to being unbeaten this year.
Speaker 5: No, that's not of my minus this season, you know. Uh, like I said, I'm uh my mindset, it's a lot different. Uh, just knowing how the NFL is. We we said, it's like, you know, a few weeks ago, like it's any given Sundays, any given you know, whatever day you gotta play on. But hopefully, you know, we we just try to be on the right side of any given days.
Speaker 3: You know, Mr.
Speaker 8: You mentioned you know twenty nineteen, you even yourself sort of haven't thought about that. I'm curious if you've ever gone back and and watched that game or or uh anything like that, and and.
Speaker 4: Did it it took you a while to get over it?
Speaker 5: That would have man, Nah, I G I got over it. Uh the next year if we got our revengs, we got our revenge. We we didn't go far, you know, we went to the same round. So Uh, if anything, just getting out that round, you know, AFC Championship and getting to the super Bowl, that'll be the the best outcome for us. But yeah, I pretty much just let that that go when it happened, you know, just dwell on it for the time being in twenty nineteen because of well it was twenty twenty actually we was in the playoff. But you know, we just let that junk go. We gotta let that go.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: Uh, different guys, like I said, different guys, different team all around, just a different atmosphere.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: I feel like we just on a whole nother level from from then, you know, cause all we talk about is just the next team, not you know, the where the future may hold in a few weeks.
Speaker 6: And you talk you talked on you talked on Sunday about how at this point you're not even looking past the next play much less uh than you know the next opponent.
Speaker 4: Is that mindset still there right now?
Speaker 6: Isn't like you can't you can't think about three weeks from now today you gotta think about to that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's still that's still the same mindset, you know. Uh, That's been our mindset every week, you know, since the first game is September. Uh, and now we we here in January. You know where we wanted to get where we wanted to be. And nah, our guys got stillers. Even though I'm not playing, our guys got stillers. So we gonna focus on the stillers and then we're gonna focus on you know the following week.
Speaker 13: That even though you've always had a lot of drive, a lot of focus that you know, you see, you've seen you going back the off season being even more like locked.
Speaker 7: In this year. Yeah, it is. Is that something that you agree with? And if so, like, where does that come from?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Man, just cause I I believe your preparation for the season start during the off season.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: Uh, you can't just chill and expect you to be playing however you did. Probably if you had a good year the following year, you to be on you be still on that same level or just just find around like you just this guy. You know, you gotta you gotta have your body in shape. You know, you gotta have your mind and shape how your mind's sharp, because each and every year I feel like the game gets better.
Speaker 8: You know a lot physical Why you mentioned you know that being locked in all years, trying to said it all year, going back to it's the pre season. Do you feel like there's been you've had more attention to detail or or more focus on like this opportunity is there for us giving what's around you and so forth, and obviously as the season's going off.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've I've seen it, you know, I see and started a camp just shining the type of guys we have on defense, shining the type of guys we have on offense and special teams. Uh, just knowing, you know, we can't get complacent or just think of ahead, think ahead, you know if when we got right in front of us, so each and every game, and you know, every day in practice or anytime I had to speak, you know, when coach have us speak and captain speak, I let him know, you know, just focus on the guys ahead of us. You know, focus on the team we got in front of us. Cause you overlook a team in front of you, you didn't get raned over. You know, you get ranked over by those type of guys. So we don't take it light on any opponent. You know, we were trying to wear in regardless rain, sleet of snow.
Speaker 4: One more the more of that touchdown past the save flowers.
Speaker 7: Yeah, where I mean you own's like a left handed throw like you roll.
Speaker 5: In practice earlier. Uh, last week I took well coach had to play drawn up and I was like, yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonna roll to my left like i'm'a instead of me just doing a play actioning and just regular drop back, I'm gonna at like I'm gonna roll to my left like you know, we gotta play action pass or whatever. And I knew that. I know the defense is gonna always have their eyes on me, you know, cause they scared if I'm gonna run the ball or something like that. So I just did that and say he kept running, you know, like he was supposed to do. I just had to deliver a strike and he just did the rest.
Speaker 7: She just a quick follow.
Speaker 16: Did did you see Javon Holland talking about that. There's a video going on about him talking about that play and how he was kind of confused, sort of exactly what you're describing. He's like, w Lamar's gonna throw it left handed, and then you switch.
Speaker 7: Your think he was.
Speaker 5: He was like to my left though, So I don't know n I ain't see that video, though I believe Javon he was to my left and the show was single how man it was like man Curry, But I guess they just dropped it.
Speaker 1: So that was quarterback Lamar Jackson. We also heard from defensive tackle Justin Madebek group telling.
Speaker 4: As a team gotten OULDI goals from keeping out leg season. I won't see they as ask you how you approach this is hot.
Speaker 15: It's just like any other week. We just playing for the opponent. Uh, go out there and practice. It's just like any other game. We w we lost to this team before, so we're definitely looking forward to getting a dub and just finishing the season strong.
Speaker 7: Just John told us Lamar will not be playing Saturday.
Speaker 9: Do you feel like there will be guys on defense who campaign to play to kind of wanna come? You know, some people whether it's for contract reasons, some people whether it's just to keep the momentum going.
Speaker 7: Some people just don't like taking time off. Yeah, I'm not really sure on that.
Speaker 15: Whoever coach tells or feels like you shouldn't play, was gonna play, and uh, whatever the case is, everybody will be ready to go.
Speaker 7: And that that's just where it is like that.
Speaker 4: So for you, I mean for you personally, would you would you like to play kind of your normal.
Speaker 6: Workload to sort of stay sharper w what's kind of which review of that whole subject I.
Speaker 15: Mean people, Yeah, I mean at the end of the day, I mean, I'm here to play football, so it depending on what coach wants to do. If he wants me to play, then I'll play for share. I be ready to go. If he doesn't, then I'll be out. You know, That's just basically how I see it.
Speaker 8: Jaffin, you have making uh several weeks ago goodteing sack then or is that still to go?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 7: What does that?
Speaker 1: Games?
Speaker 7: Got it out? Yeah, I said, And so yeah for sure, But you know I don't.
Speaker 15: I don't put my whole focus on I'll just go out there and just play ball, try to get the quarterback, do my job, and uh the rest will take care of itself.
Speaker 7: That's how I see it.
Speaker 3: Justinn.
Speaker 8: I know you guys are you know you focus sort of week the week, individual's game so forth. I'm just wondering if you there's ever a feeling where where it feels like, uh, where you take a moment to sort of feels like, yes, this is we're set up to to to make a deep run and to go you know all the way. Does that ever enter your mind or does that feeling ever?
Speaker 7: Oh? For sure. I mean the end the day we're here to we have one goal is to win that they wanted. You know.
Speaker 15: Uh, I don't really get too far into it, but I just take it one day at a time and want and want and want a pony out of a time. So, uh, that's an ultimate goal. But obviously we can just jump into that. We have to take a step by step.
Speaker 1: So just here's the regular season finalely knowing that some guys may not you know, some guys aren't gonna play, and you got to know want to see locked up in the playoffs around the court. How do you kind of just approach this game, but also wanted to make sure that you are mentally at a physically at your pass come playoff time.
Speaker 15: I just see it as any other game too, to be honest. Some guys are gonna be up, some guys are gonna be down. But then of the day the guys are up, are gonna be ready to go take out your bodies, keep your routine going, and just uh do you want to love them to win the game?
Speaker 6: You guys, you obviously, I mean you weren't here in twenty nineteen, you came the year after. Well what is your sense of what that two weeks leading.
Speaker 4: Up to the playoff game are going to be?
Speaker 10: Like?
Speaker 4: What? Like what do you feel like you need to do with those two weeks?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 15: Just say, just get rest, maybe uh take some more time with your families and this, that and the third but office and keep football uh number one, Get rest, take care of your body and get and get ready to go, cause uh it's it's coming. It's it's coming fast. So the games are coming fast. So you just have to take care of your body and mixture available.
Speaker 11: Justin from when you first got here, when did you I mean you knew of Lamar Jackson what ye was like before you got here, but then to see him, well, was there some of a moment in camp? Was there a moment in a game or somewhere you were like, oh my god, that really is he is that different?
Speaker 7: Yeah? I think it was like the first the first day in practice. You know, you just quick throw on a dime. It just does it all?
Speaker 15: So uh see him in real life is uh, he's one of the best, not only players but people as well.
Speaker 7: That that that's my guy. So yeah, it was like that, that's crazy to say that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: In the locker room today, we also heard from linebacker Patrick Queen.
Speaker 10: Anytime you're playing a r A rival, you wanna get a sweeping the season. But since they already got win, something for us to get one, and uh, howe way we gotta do that. Uh, that's what we're gonna do.
Speaker 13: Patrick howl to that is that you could keep them the playoffs. So I mean, you know, we wo how much I guess does that motivat little smile smirk there. I mean you already said it. It's Pittsburgh. You know, you don't need any more motivation. But the fact that you can keep them out of the playoffs, what is there any guys?
Speaker 17: Yuh?
Speaker 10: I mean, anytime you can send somebody home, that's that's that's one thing. That's one reason why you play the game. But it's just like I said, and then there's a Robbert game, so you gotta treat that game like you will treat any other robbery game. Man. Uh, but those guys, Like I said, they come out, you're gonna try to punch you in the mouth. And that's just the type of game I like. So when you got a team like that, man, it's just it's it's a fun football game. It's a great football game against uh, two teams who have got a ton of respect for each other but still wanna get down and Brona.
Speaker 1: Oh Patrick, how would you describe the mindset of the team though, And you've already you've wrapped up the number one seed and put the playoffs yourself two experiences a game in between, just kind of how do you describe the mindset.
Speaker 6: Of the folks of this team right now?
Speaker 15: Uh?
Speaker 10: You just you got opportunity to go out there and showcase your talents and uh show what you're about. Uh to go play a physical football team and show them that you're a physical football team as well. And uh just to be out there, go build a resume for yourself or go out there. Whoever plan whatever they're doing, just go out there and have fun. Just do what do what you do, do what you mean, coach you do, Just do what you best at and uh, everything will take care of yourself.
Speaker 4: Said Lamar's not playing in this game. Some other starters might get arrest as well.
Speaker 9: Any concern of if possible, you know, cause it'll be like.
Speaker 7: A nineteen day layoff.
Speaker 5: Any concern about maybe an overall Russ.
Speaker 9: Factor for the team.
Speaker 10: Uh, the way we practice ain't no end or be no arrest.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 10: So I know the stories about nineteen and what happened then and stuff, But at the end of the day, you know, I think we got guys in this locker room right now that actually care and that's actually really want to prepare and try to go on this run. So Uh, the rest thing, I think that's totally just a mindset. Honestly, you came the year after.
Speaker 6: I mean, when we talk to some of the guy who were here in twenty teen nineteen, they they say that does stick with them, that it's part of the sort of how they think about all this.
Speaker 4: What's your sense what they mean by that? I don't know if it's something that's been discussed explicitly. H What's what's your senseman?
Speaker 10: I think when you when they were so close to something, to achieving something so great that only a f select few people in this world get to do. Uh, it kind of east at you knowing that you was right there and you had it, and you know, I think they don't wanna repeat that. And obviously, me being in my position not being here, I don't want them to repeat that, and I don't wanna be in that situation myself. So you you know, we gonna do everything that we possibly can to just you know, be ready for when the time comes.
Speaker 14: Is that for you waiting a month that same year before you win more national championship, had that time off to had succeeded during your in in this, I guess a similar kind of ban is that how much does that help you?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 10: Uh, it's just it's like I said, as a mindset, honestly, it's just, uh, if you truly want something, you gonna go be at it and you won't let them stop you. So uh, you know, everybody in here is gonna stay tuned up on what they need to, uh work out whatever it may be, workout, run, uh, practice, uh, whatever it may be. Uh, that's what we're gonna do. I don't think anybody's taking what we got any uh lightly at all. Think everybody's well known on the fact that what happened in nineteen and don't want that to happen with nineteen for.
Speaker 4: You whinning and winning an LSU. I mean, having how much is that out?
Speaker 10: He was a monest Honestly. We had the time off and everything, but we still practice a little bit a little time off, so I think, like I said, it's just the misset like some people come out there a little slow. But like I said, for me, it's myself.
Speaker 1: That was linebacker Patrick Queen at last, but not least. We also talked with center Tyler Landerbaum.
Speaker 2: And you went to Iowa, so you know, Marshall Yonder, Well, did you kind of prep you on this.
Speaker 11: Type of environment that you were going to get here in the Ravens organization?
Speaker 17: Yeah, I mean we've we've talked a few times. I remember when I first got here. You know, we got on a zoom call just talking it up about the organization, the people here, and what makes us place so special. You know, just to hear from a guy like that who's been around a while, played at a high level, and was in this organization for so long, it's good to hear his input.
Speaker 7: And what about Tom Mounkin coming out on the side after that game.
Speaker 17: It's rare to see him out there, you know what, you know, I hope that happens more often. You know, we get if we get these big leads and he can come down on the sideline. I hope we see more of that. So, but you know, he has a lot of passion for us players. You know, he's a he's an exciting coach, loves the game, loves us players, and you know, just to see him down there and happy and enjoying it with us, it's fun to see.
Speaker 12: And I don't even want to ask, but looking forward because we're manifesting this right, So what does this team?
Speaker 4: What is it going to take for this team to get to the Super Bowl and win it?
Speaker 17: Yeah, it's going to take all every single round in this roster.
Speaker 3: It's not gonna be easy.
Speaker 17: So you know, we got to just take one game at time, work together, you know. But there's a lot of good a lot of good men in this locker room, and I know we'll stay focused on the next game ahead of us and not look ahead.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Ravens Press Pass podcast for more of a breakdown on where this team stands going into the final game of the regular season. Make sure you head over to the Launch podcast feed as well. Make sure you leave a rating and a review. I hit that subscribe button. Thanks for listening. We'll talk with you again tomorrow.
Speaker 9: H