Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, exploding down the sideline. He is hanging with the Boys, presented by Windstuff where flavor gets its wings.
Speaker 3: Now your hosts Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly and Shannon Gross.
Speaker 4: Thursday morning, ninety am, and you're looking live at Tostitos Championship Plaza with the weird shadow across the field.
Speaker 5: Today it looks looks a little different.
Speaker 4: You look at live Totito Championship Plaza outside four seated Star Frisco, Texas, where it is sixty degrees feels like fifty eight.
Speaker 5: The high today is six three. The load of night is fifty five.
Speaker 6: Well, Trilly be's out there, and that is Shannon. He is Kurt, he is Kurt, he is he is Kurt. That's Chris and the back keeping this up and running. We are out a big fellow. We'll tell you why a big fellow is down and down to where he'll be down.
Speaker 7: I am Zaddie Holly.
Speaker 6: Together we make hanging with the bullet the sports talk equivalent braill people.
Speaker 5: When we speak how you fellas doing good?
Speaker 7: Good man.
Speaker 5: We haven't mentals and dentals in a while our years.
Speaker 6: Mentals. Mentals are good. Yes, I got a call the other day. I need to come in and get my cleaning. So dentals about to be even better. Uh so we need to set that up. You know, new year starts and all the insurance starts back over. You got to pay the deductibles again. So I get back in there, uh and and get things right. But mentals are good. Mentals are really good.
Speaker 5: And yeah good, yeah you Kurt good.
Speaker 8: I'm going for cleaning too. I think I got a reschedulem yeah.
Speaker 7: Let's go. Let's go, you know, let's go. Get okay.
Speaker 8: I think are okay?
Speaker 7: You think? Well? You know, no, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Let's talk about a little session.
Speaker 8: We were in the middle of a big deadline this week.
Speaker 5: Hectic, stressed out a little bit. Tell you who else is stressed out? How are you doing? By the way, Chris, I'm doing good. You're good.
Speaker 7: Kids back at school.
Speaker 9: Yes, that's funny. I just scaled as a doctor's appointment, so nice.
Speaker 7: When's yours? Oh yeah, physical, physical, physical on Monday.
Speaker 5: I gotta do that.
Speaker 4: I got to go back to the dentists for my follow up to make sure everything's good.
Speaker 5: And then once I get that, then I'll.
Speaker 7: Work on the I need to make your appointment.
Speaker 5: When I'm over there, I need a doctor. I got one right across the street.
Speaker 7: Do you like them?
Speaker 10: My wife goes to him and she loves him, and I've heard great things about him so from other people than my wife.
Speaker 5: Let me know.
Speaker 7: Does he have big hand?
Speaker 5: I was gonna say, does he have soft hand?
Speaker 2: Let me know?
Speaker 4: And then well then I'll I'll decide if I'm going.
Speaker 2: There or not.
Speaker 5: So let me know your follow up. When are you going next week?
Speaker 7: Monday?
Speaker 5: You want to go?
Speaker 11: Not?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: Weekend?
Speaker 7: Was amazing. Imagine you walking like, yeah, I just.
Speaker 5: Support puppy.
Speaker 12: You know people, I gotta support guy be hilarious.
Speaker 7: Yeah, not really, just my buddy.
Speaker 4: Will let me know how it goes next week, and I will because I do need one. I need to find We'll see if he's in my network, which you can walk to him. I guess you could walk over there, but yeah, all right, will fellas, it was a sad, sad day Saturday.
Speaker 5: There's only two now, there are only two left. The old regime.
Speaker 4: Tyrant was what was one of the the o g I guess you could say, of the last link.
Speaker 8: Of the old Yeah, he was the oldest, right.
Speaker 4: So now you got basically you have d Law and Zach that are the only links to I guess the Romo Witten daz Era.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: So I don't like, I didn't want to see him go after he had a good year last year, right, and he was somewhat healthy. You didn't want to see him go, But you also didn't want to see them pay the price that he got and went.
Speaker 6: So I'm kind of torn, which was it's okay, so the price right, Like we hear the twenty million up to twenty million, what is really basically like it's six point five right, million with possive with escalators escalators, Yeah.
Speaker 8: But sounded like we have six point five million with some pretty easy well bonuses that would push it up to twelve Yeah.
Speaker 7: Playing time bonuses, you know, stuff like that.
Speaker 6: But personally, like, because I like Tyrann, I was a teammate of Tyrants and he was a team I'm older, so he was a teammate of mine.
Speaker 7: I'm older. I was there first, I was actually there first.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but like, if you know Tyrann personally, you understand like the loss right, he's a good dude, doesn't say much like around media type stuff. But if you get Tyron, you know, kind of in his own world, you get a different Tyrant. So like, I've known him for years, so you hate to see the person leave, but I'm not upset at the player, and I know that he he had a decent year last year. But at some point in time, like this, this thing is gonna fully break down, and like we can keep flirting around with the oh four games, five games, and like eventually it's gonna cost you more than you're willing to pay and.
Speaker 7: For and now we start to look get the overall.
Speaker 6: I text you guys something like a week or so, and god, I was like, I'm not really quite to say it publicly just yet, but you start looking around and you start seeing what's happening here, Like Tyrant leaving is also beneficial for him because this team.
Speaker 5: You're gonna say it, You're gonna say it. You don't think they're gonna be very good this year.
Speaker 6: This team is taking on a look of a team that's not gonna be very competitive in the sense of we're going to find ourselves, you know, like like there there won't be Super Bowl talks.
Speaker 7: There won't be because.
Speaker 6: Currently you haven't in what you've done so far in free agency. You in free agency, you haven't even done enough to replace the guy that you've lost.
Speaker 5: Pull up Kurb real quick, pull up who's left while you're talking?
Speaker 8: Because left as who who?
Speaker 7: Who?
Speaker 5: Did not re sign of our guys?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, so let me let me finish my tire.
Speaker 12: Thought.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: But for Tyron, I think it's it's you got to take the Bill Belichick approach. And for the Cowboys, the one there's a lot of things wrong with with with how people view the Cowboys, but one thing I do think that the Cowboys do wrong at times is they hold on to their guys a little bit too long. And I don't know what's because the relationships or how they feel or whatever it is. I think they hold on the guys a tad bit too long. And it takes a lot to get Tyron to Sunday. Like that's the part I think people don't understand behind the scenes, like it takes a lot to get him to Sunday, and then you have to restart it again next week, and that takes a toll on everybody, the coaches, the not only the coaches, but how they coach, the.
Speaker 7: Training staff, the.
Speaker 6: Workout staff, Like it takes a lot of people because you're not he's not practicing, the psic not practicing, and you have to kind of do a round the clock treatment to get him to.
Speaker 4: Get in and with their games where he was like game time decision. So if you're at the backup and you're his teammates, it's kind of like I don't know what guy I'm playing.
Speaker 6: With and you're coaching, right, You're coaching changes because now I got plays that I feel confident with when I run in with Tyrann, and I don't feel so confident when I run him with Austin Richards or TJ.
Speaker 7: Back, whoever is the backup guy that's in there.
Speaker 6: So even coaching kind of is a little bit more strenuous because you kind of got to put together a main plan and then a pseudo plan to that plan, because if we don't have Tyron Smith, maybe I don't feel as comfortable call in as many seven step dropbacks, you know, deeper passing plays, because maybe we don't hold the edge good enough, all right. And these are the small little things that happen in the in the in the you know, in the moments of the game. Is how confident do I feel running to this side again? And then if I don't feel confident, now I'm second guessing my call because the call might have been the best call, might have been running get to the left, but I don't have Tyrann, So maybe I might want to, I might go to the right one. I really should have ran to the left, but my confidence is not quite there with the guys that we have in those particular spots of that particular time. So it took a lot to get Tyrann to Sunday. And you know, great, if Tyron goes to the Jets, the Jets look like they're putting a band together to make a one year run, you know what I mean, and see if they can't do some things. And if he goes there and he does, well, great, fantastic Tyron.
Speaker 7: You deserve it.
Speaker 6: Thirteen years you put into this league. Man, you've been really good for a long time. You get a chance to go out, you know, on top.
Speaker 5: And you get to block for the cowboy killer.
Speaker 7: I can't beat him.
Speaker 4: Join him right if he's you know, if if he's as healthy as he is, he looks president, right, man.
Speaker 5: I just I just heard about that. I was like, are you kidding me? I was like, that's.
Speaker 7: Gonna be it just not true. Let me just say that.
Speaker 5: Maybe he does both because if you think about it.
Speaker 6: Not to toot my own horn, but my brother is one of the senior advisors for.
Speaker 7: Robert Kennedy.
Speaker 5: It's not Oh, let's talk off there. That's really just disappointing.
Speaker 7: Because I was to my brother jam Holly, what was up, brother?
Speaker 4: Because I was I was saying, you know what, because he's probably not going to participate a lot in training camp anyway, so he could actually, you know, campaign, and you know, both of those guys are a little little wacky.
Speaker 6: Rob's a fan of of of Aaron. But I can tell you from you.
Speaker 5: Know there he goes and you heard it here with the boys political talk.
Speaker 4: Last time we we got it, we talked about politics, but Derek got a voicemail.
Speaker 5: I still the more I think about that, I think that was a bit.
Speaker 8: I think that was There's been a couple of times I got an email about that too, and said the wrong thing.
Speaker 7: You did, you did, you got there?
Speaker 5: You go, Yeah, don't we don't touch politics, you know, don't even talk.
Speaker 6: This is an adorsemith for Robert Kennedy. My brother just happens to work. So this isn't this a no coming to be like, oh, you know.
Speaker 4: Derek up about Yeah, this was not a political show.
Speaker 8: I do agree with you though on Tyron, though, I mean, it's probably time to move on. And the part of the word, like you said, one, he's a good dude, I know you got to know him pretty well, but also there's you wish there was a little bit more of a backup playing place. Maybe Richards is the guy.
Speaker 4: But okay, so that's my point. And I love Tyron, like I hated to see him go. He was probably my him and him and Tyrone Crawford probably my two guys on the team, right, and they both kind of you know, they they weren't superstar. I mean, Tyron's a superstar, but you know, offensive Lineman, they don't get that. And he doesn't talk, you know, unless you get him in private, and then you know, like like you said, he's a great human being and like his story is incredible and he's just a good person. So I hope he goes to the Jets and they do really well because he deserves it because he was a hell of a you know, hell of a offensive lineman. Came into the league so young, Like I have pictures of him with hair, that's how long ago he came in. When he was at training camp, I remember when he would stay out on the field at training camp for like thirty minutes after everybody went in working with was it Hudson Howse was that the line coach back then, and San Antonio was his first year, and he would stay out there and he worked, and Dwear would come out work with him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we used to like kind of stop like yeah, yeah, sometimes sometimes.
Speaker 7: He would get Deware. Yeah, they like okay, okay, next period, you'd.
Speaker 5: Be like and you know what.
Speaker 4: And I think that was the first time that that started the trend of because drafting offensive lineman was never sexy, and he was the first one that everybody was like, you know, it was like kind of on offensive lineman. Then you were like then when you saw what he's was turning into. And then when they drafted Travis and Zach and it was like, okay, offensive lineman, that's kind of around here. That's a sexy pick because you saw what it turned into. Right, So so this so Readolph, who who we've lost?
Speaker 5: Because I don't want to know what the hell? What what is gonna like? You said, Readolf.
Speaker 7: Just who who's left?
Speaker 5: Who's left?
Speaker 8: Dorn's Armstrong, Tyler Beiddish, Dante Fowler, and Noah. They all went to Washington, uh Nevill Gatimore, Son with Miami, Tony Pollard with Tennessee, Tyrone with New York and something we should talk about maybe here in a little bit. Jonathan Hankins went to.
Speaker 5: Okay, so just read them off without the teams again.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 4: Imagine imagine you go into a Sunday Okay, and you go these guys are out.
Speaker 5: Not in the game.
Speaker 8: Dorns, Armstrong, Tyler, Dante Fowler, Neville Gallimore, Jonathan Hankins, Noah sorry, and Tony Pollard, Tyron Smith.
Speaker 5: I don't feel good about that game.
Speaker 13: Starter.
Speaker 6: The only player, the only player that was consistently not in that one. We used to call him on our show Aight of the Sports. We called him noahgn active. He was never active, inactive all the time.
Speaker 4: That's the only one that didn't contribute yeah, but if you if you told me his.
Speaker 6: First time out he got a touchdown on the block field goal. But after that it was.
Speaker 4: Like, but I don't like, I would not feel good playing anybody. Like you can tell me you're playing Washington last year and these are your inactives, and I would be like, I don't feel good about going into this game. And you haven't really you haven't signed anybody to replace those.
Speaker 7: People that left.
Speaker 8: No, not yet. Now you have rees signed Jordan Lewis. I guess he was a contributor.
Speaker 7: CJ.
Speaker 8: A good one. You hope can come back on special teams Dad, or maybe you're starting running back.
Speaker 7: Now that's it.
Speaker 8: You got some guys still out there. Oh you got your long snapper of course, but.
Speaker 7: It's probably the most important piece. George Lewis.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, another group remaining that's not signed. I guess Gilmour would be the one guy that you'd be like, yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, honestly, I mean signing back Jordan Lewis. That gives you your nickel. Now your nickel slot deron blame what he did. Next year you you now kick him over and you get Trayvon if he can, if he can stop impregnating people.
Speaker 7: You get it, you get you get him back.
Speaker 5: That's another show.
Speaker 7: You get him back.
Speaker 6: So now you kind of you know, now you go and get some depth, you know, in those spots. But like, if Gilmore is willing to come back and be a backup, then then cool. But I have my two starters of my Nickel and those guys right there. You know, just you're good at at safety. But yeah, man, I just this this team is heading in a direction that doesn't look like it's gonna be very competitive next year.
Speaker 5: That schedule and the and the and the O line.
Speaker 4: Like, I just want to know what they're gonna do because because you're what left tackle center?
Speaker 7: You have Zach?
Speaker 5: You got Tyler?
Speaker 8: Right, Tyler, I think is the only well Zach's sure thing, but he's you.
Speaker 7: Know, your time. He missed a couple of games this year with it.
Speaker 8: You know, Tyler's probably the only one of that five you're.
Speaker 4: Like, and and he's got a little bit of a holding problem. So do you put him out to tackle where he's working in even more space or do you keep him at guard?
Speaker 7: So here's my thing about that. But my thing is.
Speaker 6: When you start talking about quarterback play, right, you can. It's very difficult to help guards. I can help a tackle. I can roll away from him. I can put a tight end next to him. I can have a back chipping there.
Speaker 7: You know what I mean?
Speaker 6: My personnel. But if I'm soft in the middle, right like if I'm if I'm if I'm a little bit dowe in the middle, where now, because I've kicked Tyler outside and now I don't know what I have at center, my left guard can be iffy. Well, now if the if the if I have consistent penetration in that a gap to my left side. From a quarterback perspective, that's that's more worries Someme than me than me having pressure from the outside. Because I have nowhere to step up. I can't drive the ball down the field. I can't deliver the ball in the spaces that I want to deliver it because the pressure is coming right towards me, right in my grill. So to me, this is innate. I'm going to stand on business when they come to this. Tyler's not moving, he's not going outside because it's it's very difficult to shore up the center of your offensive line, and again your quarterback while he's he's a decent athlete. I'm not saying Dak is like that's not Josh Allen as far as athletic Athletically, Dak is best when he's able to have a clean pocket in front of him, when he's able when Dak's able to step up in the pocket and drive the ball down the field. He's one of the most accurate quarterbacks in the league. Where he gets a little bit off at times when that pressure is in in his grill and he has to kind of, you know, work around things and he's trying to like jump throw and he you know, the ball is getting tips and he's and he can't he can't clearly read what's in front of him right like he does well if he rolls out right or left. But when he gets a chance to stand in that pocket and he pat that thing and he's able to see what's happening in there, he's a really, really good quarterback.
Speaker 7: He's one of the best in the league.
Speaker 6: So you gotta want to secure that first and saying we can always do things until we find the main stay there that if we have to help tight end hell I mean hell Luke Luke Luke School meger go block, go block, go go be go go be left tacklesh you know what I'm saying. Backs chipped that way, we semi roll the opposite way, quick plasters. There's things that can.
Speaker 8: Be i'd when Tyler to stay put even if be honest was back. Now you're throwing a new center in there as well.
Speaker 4: I mean that's so let's let's when we come back, let's talk about are you going to give your quarterback?
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 4: What is it estimated at how much a year? Sixty sixty a year with an offensive line that is gonna have probably three new people starting, like, like, let's talk about that, Like is.
Speaker 5: That where the road we're going down?
Speaker 4: Are you going to invest that much money in someone that could be running for their life all season?
Speaker 5: Or are we not.
Speaker 4: Renewing that thing? What do you want to get y'all thoughts when we come back and other things. We had another player that's no longer on this team that contributed and sadly was probably the right decision. But we'll talk about that in a few minutes when we come back on hanging with the boys, because we're late.
Speaker 5: Seeing a minute.
Speaker 3: Fall is here and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it as you prep for all the big games, tailgates, watch parties, lay Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kiro's fresh, flavorful, ready to serve guacamole made with real hals avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys.
Speaker 7: Yo Kiro's wide range.
Speaker 3: Of mouthwatering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section.
Speaker 7: Grab some today.
Speaker 13: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. Want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas, tour the.
Speaker 12: Star and talk x's and os with me Everson Wallas.
Speaker 13: With Star Sports Tours, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 7: See if geek has your back.
Speaker 14: No matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are, so whether you're a diehard fan or a dog realthy care fan, we got them next time fan or will never one again fan Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The seat Gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So, whether you're a here of your week fan or haven't been here in years fan, seat geek has you covered? Download the sea Geek after they seed Geek, You're a ticket the Great Dallas Cowboys seats.
Speaker 15: How's Wingstop sound christy juicy classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and sauted, tossed and those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with handcut seasoned fries, housemade honey, mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop range and of course spicy casun fried corn. I think you've heard enough, Get your flavored delivered at Wingstop dot Com.
Speaker 1: Back to Hanging with the Board, Welcome back to the second segment.
Speaker 4: I'm hanging with the boys brought to you each and every day by blockchain dot com. Thanks Blockchain dot com, and our show is brought to you each and every day by Wingstop. Each and every time we do it or flavor gets its wing all right back to uh, back to football talk. Leighton vander esh announced over the weekend that he was retiring, which I think we all kind of had a heads up that that was coming in smart move, right decision, probably with his neck issues. That's something you you know, you don't mess around with a back, a in a neck, you know, especially your your neck. So what do you have not was six years, six years with the team, so drafted by the Cowboys, he was a lifelong Cowboy fan and three of.
Speaker 7: Those sixy had neck injuries.
Speaker 6: Mmmmm he had twenty sixteen, twenty nine, October twenty sixteen, November twenty nineteen, and then this passed to one again.
Speaker 5: I wish he could have stayed healthy.
Speaker 8: Had another was a pro bowler, Yeah, what might have been?
Speaker 7: I guess.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 6: That's the thing about I love football, I do, and we were talking about some stuff before before the show.
Speaker 7: But this is a one business.
Speaker 6: It's it's it's not if it's when the great thing that you wish is that you're your hurt doesn't take you so far away from a quality of life that there's no return. And the thing that people, I think sometimes from the outside don't understand is that this is a game that doesn't love you back. It doesn't and you at times this you give this game more than you can afford to give, and it costs people. Now, you make a great fortune, and you make great celebrity, and it's a great time. But in the grand scheme of it, like Leyton vandersh as how I feel, however you feel about him? Right, six years, that's a finite amount of time when you think about the grand scheme of I'm supposed to be here for seventy five eighty plus and six years of my life I gave to this game that may ultimately impact me in a way down the line that my quality of life could be affected.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 6: And if you ask Layton, and he even said it when he when he think, he said, my body wouldn't cooperate, you know. And and if you ask him again, hey, would you do it all again? He's again one hundred percent of you'll say it again. But sometimes sometimes you have to give to this game more than you you're willing to give, and more than you even have to give. And that is the long you know, our brother, right, he's out double replacement gave a lot to the game. You see how Nate walks up and down this hallway. Gave a lot to this game.
Speaker 5: Jesse's gonna get arrested for hip A violations.
Speaker 6: Well, he tweeted it, That's why he tweeted.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he must be drugs.
Speaker 6: Pictures and everything. The breakfast is good up there.
Speaker 8: Did you ever have a stinger or anything like that?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You do.
Speaker 4: You know of any player that you played with at a professional level that did not have some kind of off season surgery at some point something just to clean up.
Speaker 7: Or Nope, he had to go under.
Speaker 4: Nope, And most most people have them after every season.
Speaker 7: You not wanting not one.
Speaker 5: You just don't hear about it, right, not one.
Speaker 6: I were just talking about it before. There's mornings I get up and I cannot twist the cap off the toothpaste because of my hands. I've broken every finger. I've broken.
Speaker 7: My hand.
Speaker 6: I broken my hand. Every finger on my hand a wrists. And there are times when I get up in the morning and if you handed me this water bottle, I would struggle taking the top off this water bottle. There's times I get up in the morning I have to sit on the side of the bed because my ankles are so stiff and jacked up that if I get up, I can't take that. My ankle won't bend enough to take the step without falling. So I got to like sit there for a little while and kind of like work them and get them to loosen up in the joints. There's things that what I do it again? Sure sign me up all over again. But that's the game. That is the game, and it sucks. It sucks, and for most of us, for most of us. For every Aaron Donald after ten years gets to walk away on his own accord, most of us, ninety percent of us.
Speaker 7: Are pushed out, yeah, or pushed out.
Speaker 6: You're old, you're beat up, your body doesn't respond, you're not atheltic anymore.
Speaker 7: Most of us gets told you're done.
Speaker 6: And that's a hard thing to cope with when you have to get up one day, and for Layton's situation, you have to get up one day and make the toughest decision, one of the toughest decisions you've ever had to make, because all guys like Layton have known is the game.
Speaker 7: And you have to say.
Speaker 6: I'm done, guys, yeah, And there's no more training camp, no more OTAs, no more structure in your life, and you go, I'm twenty eight years old.
Speaker 5: What am I gonna do? I don't know anything else since I was this tall, I've had.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know what I'm saying. We talked about mentals and dentals. This is the mental part of it. I don't know what to do, right? What do I do? And everybody doesn't have the gift to stand behind a Michael get in front of TV and stuff like that. Everybody didn't have that gift. Everybody don't want to do that right. But that's the question. You could say, well, he has a bunch of money, but you do not understand. But a person's like, even to this day, I'm forty years old, I need structure. Part of my mental health being in a good place. Structure I need to I need to know that I have to be somewhere like this is kind of veering off, but this is the mental part of the game. Part of the reason why I have dedicated myself again to working out stuff like that. Mentally, I am in a better space when I know I have to be somewhere. Someone's waiting on me, like there's a there's a there's an attachment there because that's what I've always done. I've always done. Hey, I know my work out there, the trainers waiting for me, the coach is waiting for me.
Speaker 7: You know what I mean.
Speaker 6: And so when when when I have too much freedom is when I'm at my worst. Too much freedom allows my mind to go places that it shouldn't go. Because my whole life has been built on structure. So I have to make sure that I kind of keep things in a structured ful because it gives me, It keeps my anxiety down, it keeps so guds when they leave the game so abruptly, like it wasn't like there wasn't a plant.
Speaker 7: Layton didn't Layton didn't have a plan. There was no exit plan for him.
Speaker 6: It's it's ball to the wheels fall off, right, and then the wheel fell off. There's no spare, there's no there's no triple A. You're done. And so the now what good thing.
Speaker 4: About him though, is he has you know, he's got interest outside of football. You know, he's got the hunting thing, he's got his dad's a guide and all that stuff. There's some guys that got nothing right. The only only friends you have in family are in that locker room. And when you can't come back in the building anymore, and you wake up one day and they're all the training camp, and you're like, that's got to be like a loan.
Speaker 6: That's the next phase, right, because now you got to because even even having stuff doing that again, the structure is I'm supposed to be there. Boy, I wish I was there. I missed the smell of the grass. I missed the smell of of of.
Speaker 7: The locker room.
Speaker 6: It's foul of a stitch at times, it's still it's still a place of familiar.
Speaker 5: To a safe place.
Speaker 7: It's my it's my safehavior. Yeah, those guys get me, I get them protected. We're insulated in this thing.
Speaker 4: You talk to the trainers, you talk to the equipment guys. Those are your family. That's your that's your brothers and your cousin literally.
Speaker 7: Uncles, and so it sucks.
Speaker 6: It sucks, but that's the reality of this game. That's the reality of this game. You can't you can't do it forever.
Speaker 4: And speaking of reality of the game and not being able to do it forever, we have a special guest on the phone right now, a call in guest, and we don't know what we're getting, folks, because he's been tweeting some wild stuff and we know he's getting fed.
Speaker 5: Good.
Speaker 4: Welcome to the show, our fourth member that's not here today, mister Nate Newton.
Speaker 5: How you doing, Nate?
Speaker 2: Oh man, I'm doing good. And I had a rough rough night. Uh numb And it's a part of the ad that they give me that and I'm sure and for like two or three days to get this all falseness of security and like get war off on me last night, but it hit me like a ton of bricks and uh so it's been it's been a rough night, man. But I agree with what Jess was saying, you know about you know, just the second stage of your life. You know, I've made a little film, you know, to show people that that second stage of life can be ugly. Especially you got to get to me replacements, help replacement, Uh the sacrifice we make for that money. If guys could just look into the future, some I don't think some guys would do that. You know, I'm playing the I'm man in pain. But but that drive that always drove me, driving me now to get up we have and stuff like that. But just be looking for you us some good stuff. Russell has some good stuff. You laid down man and shining Kirk good Off voice. Man, it just it makes me want to get on up and do what I got.
Speaker 12: To do for the day.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So question for you, why did you do them both at the same time?
Speaker 2: Okay? Everybody that did one need told me, hey, man, if I I just wish I had bed both needs because now I ain't going back to do the second.
Speaker 9: Me.
Speaker 2: Most people that did both needs, it was hell. But I'm glad I did both needs, you know, because I wouln't want to go through this twife and man, and now doctors are getting the way they don't want to do double knees. Doctor Peterson, I was talking a lot of the cowboys' needs and stuff.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 2: He's one of the few doctors left around her to do double knees.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: So I just needed to do it.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 2: About six months ago, I was in my yard and I was working hard and having fun, and all of a sudden, my knees locked up, and I said, this is it. You know that day where you know you go say, hey, this is it. And so I call Gym and Brett and all of those guys about the Cooper and they just and me. Now now four or five months later, I'm sitting in this room man, listening to y'all guys, do your deal. But I got to get up and go and get the rehabber. That's what it's all about.
Speaker 5: Now, how long are you going to be out? How long before you back on the show?
Speaker 2: Uh? That job? I think in a couple of weeks, man, I think a couple a couple of three weeks. Like I say, I'm probably have to have a walker, you know, if I can get the swings, have to be a walker. But if I do it the right way, probably be about a month. I Sh'll be able to walk on my own in about a month.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So back to to Jesse's question, you've had what how many surgeries is this now that you've had?
Speaker 2: Told me I had the right shoulder, right elbow, both knees. Uh, I've had round about seven to eight surgeries, you know, not counting this from here because you always do that touch up. Well, just to tell you you're always doing clean up work. You know where your chips up. They go in there and cut you up, clean up, so you don't you know, I'm counting those little nick knack things like that too. But I don't only have like three or four, but you would call major deals and you know, another team and just uh you can speak on this right here is well we have like now I'm a normal human, they gonna give me all the time I need to recover. But in football, these a lot of these surgeries that take guys six seven weeks. We be getting back in two and three weeks, you know. So now that I'm a normal human, it'll take me six eight weeks to get back strong. But just to tell you, you know, not the double knee replace, but they'll tell you most surgeries, you know that we have knees and all of that, we'll be back like still back Gallup, galliwa Gallimore back, you know, just I mean galliw what's Michael Gallups? Michael Gallups? I guess now see you're still wearing off of Michael Gallupy see how quick those guys that back Normally normal people don't get back that quick, not not not running and jumping and catching and get beat up on. So the fellas, I'm fading and then y'all be good, all right? Brother, Hey, hey, hey, j yeah, yes, sir, be nice to Charles next week, Charles.
Speaker 7: Hey, tell the boys off the air. But I'll do my best.
Speaker 2: All right, thank y'all.
Speaker 5: Man, y'all get you get your feeling better, Nate. So we're going to go to our last break before we do.
Speaker 4: Here's how random Ned is like. He will share all of our business, everything we say in private on the show, and then he'll tell us a lot off off off Mike, off camera, off the show.
Speaker 5: He'll share things.
Speaker 6: Which, by the way, we do keep confidential, like a lot of that makes send to us.
Speaker 7: We actually keep it to ourselves.
Speaker 5: Him not so well, not so much.
Speaker 4: So don't don't enter the group chat unless you're unless you're willing for it.
Speaker 5: To go public.
Speaker 4: But then he will do something like this that's like a life monumental moment in his life, and we find out about it when everybody else does when it winds up on Facebook. Like we had no idea he was having double knee replacement.
Speaker 6: Never mentioned it, never talked about it, no, nothing, not once.
Speaker 5: So that's how random our co host is over here. So and we love him.
Speaker 7: We love him.
Speaker 5: We find out when he's in Mexico, when he's.
Speaker 7: In Nate leaves the show at ten o'clock. We get a text at four thirty, I'm in bringing to Florida. Wait what?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 5: We thought he left?
Speaker 7: He left?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: All right to take our last break. When we come back, I don't know what. Maybe we'll talk about Dak. Are we gonna resign him?
Speaker 14: Like?
Speaker 8: What are you guys thoughts on lost Hankins, Yeah, that seemed like a no brainer.
Speaker 5: But who knows he's gone? All right, We'll be right back hanging with the boys.
Speaker 12: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: And they snapped the press down. Who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left. He'll run for a press down.
Speaker 12: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 3: Press Scot's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 12: Whether you're new to crypto or an active They've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot Com?
Speaker 15: How's wing stop sound? Christy juicy classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and sauceed tossed, and those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with handcut seasoned fries, housemade honey, mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop range, and of course spicy Cajun fried cool. I think you've heard enough. Get your flavored delivered at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 14: Seet Geek has your back no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are. So whether you're a die hard fan or a don't really care fan, we got them next time fan, or we'll never win again fan. Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The Sea Gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you're a Here be Week fan or haven't been here in years fan, seet Geek has you covered. Download the Sea Geek app the Seed g You're a ticket the great Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 11: Seats James right here, You're twenty twenty two Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. Do you know how much I love my Cowboys and I am thrilled to be talking to you about the twenty twenty three Fan of the Year Award, presented by Captain Morgan. We're looking for the ultimate Cowboys fan to spice.
Speaker 7: Up the game.
Speaker 11: That means you eat, sleep, and breathe the Dallas Cowboys. If that's you, or if you know someone like me, then go to Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year and you could win tickets to Super Bowl fifty eight and so much more.
Speaker 7: Enter today, back Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 4: We are back for two minutes. Welcome back to the last second Hanging with the Boys, brought to you by Jigsaw, the official dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys. All right, so Hankins is gone. I think he's the one guy that we were like, this is the dude we probably need to hang on.
Speaker 7: To the one.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's and he's the past the first couple of days of the big contracts. You're obviously need that position.
Speaker 4: He said he wanted to be here, and he's the one guy that, even though it wasn't great at times, he's the one guy that could actually somewhat slow the run game down.
Speaker 12: Now you got a huge.
Speaker 4: Deficiency there, and then you know you've got Dak's contract looming. Jesse, what are your thoughts on your your your offensive line is disappearing?
Speaker 5: Are you gonna you you're the GM?
Speaker 4: Are you giving Dak sixty million dollars to play behind that line?
Speaker 5: Or are you thinking maybe this thing doesn't get done.
Speaker 6: No, you don't have a quarterback. You lose a lot business wise. Yeah right, you don't. You don't have a quarterback that's star, that star. Yeah right, So like that that that keeps you, that keeps you relevant enough, right.
Speaker 7: It gives you a chance, It gives you a chance.
Speaker 6: But then now the pressure mounts because now you're going to say a four.
Speaker 7: Sixty.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you gotta be like those other guys. You gotta you gotta be you know.
Speaker 4: You gotta get in that top five conversation, right yeah, yeah, Because now, according to his brother, he's already there.
Speaker 6: According to ye Cord, let me stop, let meant me. I have enough family drama. Sorry, I'm sorry, I have enough. I got enough family drama to deal with already in my life. I need to add, that's not your it's not my family. That's not a Holly family. That's already I'm already dealing. I'm already dealing with the immediate family members already.
Speaker 8: But the longer this goes on, I mean, if they don't extend him, he's gone. He's gone, right, I mean then they're in a rebuilding. Yeah, if they're I mean they're.
Speaker 5: So are they?
Speaker 14: So?
Speaker 4: Are they not re signing these these players because they're trying to get the money to pay him or like.
Speaker 8: No, you know salary cap hell or do you not? You just don't think they're.
Speaker 7: But making the deals.
Speaker 6: Get them out of the salary cap hell, right, giving them the giving Dak the deal, and then okay, so the other day he got a five million dollar bonus or roster bonus, which they turned into a signing bonus, right, which alleviated some more cap really for them, gave them an extra four million dollars. But they added two voighty years into his current contract. You know, we're all talking about the forty years they don't have anything on them. But this year that you can add there, which kind of opens up the door to say, okay, maybe we.
Speaker 7: Can work through some things.
Speaker 6: Here is the here is the football, the twenty fourth, twenty twenty four brand of football.
Speaker 7: It's the credit card method, right, A lot.
Speaker 6: Of these teams have just begun to do this thing where they add these voity years. It's the new way of how I beat the cap is I keep adding these voity years to the contract that really have nothing on them. They're no money on them. They're just added years to the contract, and I kick this money down the line. So, for example, they added the two years at the end the Dak Prescott's contract, so we know what the cap hit is already, right, and so even if you go into next year, what you've now given yourself is you've given yourself a window to kick that money down a little bit more so, to take that big money that they will owe him. They'll now take that with the two voided years that has no money on it and go.
Speaker 7: Okay, well we'll just go boom boo boo boo boom.
Speaker 6: And break that sixty up over the next couple of years. It's the credit card bill. You can you can pay the minimum if you want. That's fine, and you'll still have an active credit card.
Speaker 7: Chase it forever.
Speaker 6: You're just gonna keep chasing it, and you're eventually going to it's it's eventually going to have to be paid and that's just the nature of the beasts. And so but I think now with dak Is, as you get closer and closer to the season from a longevity standpoint, and you know, players and agencies, they'll get a little bit pissed off that they're saying, hey, we want to get a deal done. You know that you got to get a deal done. And we kind of really got you by the kahunas because you can't trade us and you can't franchise us.
Speaker 7: So if you're willing.
Speaker 6: To take this big cat pit this year again, that money will just take and they'll just go, well, it won't be as big because we'll just move it a lot on line and we'll be able to move through that.
Speaker 7: But what's gonna happen is now we're we're gonna just walk.
Speaker 6: We're gonna We're gonna just play this year out and then next year I'll enter free agency and I'll go. And so now you're playing this, you're playing the Colvins, are playing this gamble game again, and now you have you also have to look at if I don't have a quarterback, I think CD deals get done. But now Micah is looming, and if Micah and his agency looks up, because I believe who's Micah is? Micah is Michael David Maloga. I don't know his agent.
Speaker 5: And Mike is seems like the kind of guy that's like, I want to go win.
Speaker 7: I want to go win some money. Yeah, he does both.
Speaker 6: But if he looks up and he goes, well if if if I don't really have if the quarterback's going and we're in a rebuilding, then maybe I can go chase somewhere else.
Speaker 7: He's gonna get the money.
Speaker 6: But maybe it's like you know what, Washington, somebody's willing to Yeah, yeah, and he is. I tell you one thing about David Malogea, he ain't playing around. He ain't playing around this dude. He gets his clients paid. He got the Desaun Watson deal done. Like you look at all his clients. He gets his clients like it used to be Drew Rosenhouse used to be the man.
Speaker 7: No, David, this joker. He don't care about none of.
Speaker 5: That whole hometown discount.
Speaker 6: He ain't given no discount now, he ain't getting no He going straight to the bank and you better bring your check book. He ain't get ain't gonna be no hometown discount with this dude. He's getting folks rich. He is the top He's the top dog right now and right now he has one of the top dog clients.
Speaker 7: You think he's coming off that.
Speaker 5: Because he gets paid off.
Speaker 6: With coming off that, he'll tell you don't want him to be here, No problem, there's thirty, no problem one other teams that will take it.
Speaker 7: We'll go elsewhere.
Speaker 6: And he is right now. He is the he is what uh who is the quarterback agent back in the day. He's still an agent now, but he'sberg. Yeah, he is that joker.
Speaker 5: He is a Jerry maguire.
Speaker 7: He is this David mullagatta dude.
Speaker 6: This is the new top dog, pit bull vicious agent in the National Football League.
Speaker 7: His clients get wealthy.
Speaker 5: Not rich, I would say him and Todd France.
Speaker 9: Okay, he's Dax's agent, but he has all the top quo every quarterback he has.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but this dude, David Moore was saying that there's much trouble. They're in the salary cap this year. It could be even worse next year.
Speaker 5: Well, Dak's cap head next year.
Speaker 10: Uh per spot track is spow track is forty.
Speaker 7: Million, right, and that's and that's he's not on the team, and that's.
Speaker 6: The money that they'll put into those forty years if it not if it not gets done.
Speaker 5: But if you just put it down the way, if you resign him, you can do whatever. You don't get that, you don't get that hit, right, you change.
Speaker 7: You change that number that goes back into the pot, right, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then and then you could just push it out.
Speaker 4: But if he's not here, you don't resign him, then that's then you get Every team does this. So because I was just looking, I was just looking at Jalen Hurts because obviously Jalen just signed this huge deal.
Speaker 7: He could pay like thirteen million dollars this year.
Speaker 10: His base sellar is a million, yeah, one point one right, So if you go his last year, the contract.
Speaker 5: Is twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 10: But if you if you look at the Eagles cap hit for Jalen Hurts in twenty twenty nine, ninety seven million dollars.
Speaker 5: Style, it's like a balloon payment at the end.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they'll get there and they'll go, hey, you want an extension.
Speaker 10: So you get the extension and they'll adjust that.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and it says cap hit ninety file and.
Speaker 4: Then every year the cap goes up, so you're kind of banking on that because of the revenue. And now there's new streaming services that are paying more money. So every year the TV deals go up and you make.
Speaker 9: More and and I don't think it's going to go up thirty million every year though.
Speaker 7: No, just letting you.
Speaker 5: Know, Oh, it's going to be interesting.
Speaker 4: What an interesting off season we've had so far. And we're not even we're not even to the draft.
Speaker 7: They've putten so much.
Speaker 6: They're putting so much pressure on willmaclan, that and that, and that'sc this draft.
Speaker 7: You gotta hit this.
Speaker 5: You cannot have another draft. If you have another draft like you did last year.
Speaker 7: You're done.
Speaker 8: Now can you even fill all these needs?
Speaker 7: You can't just in this one draft. You know you can't.
Speaker 5: There's no way.
Speaker 4: Because you figure what half your draft picks, if you're lucky, contribute the first year half and usually those are backups or spot play guys.
Speaker 5: Usually you have what two guys that, if you're.
Speaker 7: Lucky, that start your first your first two.
Speaker 4: First two guys, and then sometimes you get a third rounder that's like, oh that we hit on one. Sometimes you hit a fifth rounder that's like, oh yeah, he can be your four string guy on you know, receiver.
Speaker 7: You can be a major contributor.
Speaker 6: But you're asking like you're asking for impact right now. Starters and two of them are on your offensive line.
Speaker 7: Starters. Yeah, I need I gotta linebacker.
Speaker 6: I gotta find starters. Yeah, I can't find role players. I have to go like normally coming into the off season, heading into like the draft OTAs well and even training camp. You know, hey, I know forty forty ish guys. We know, are you usually have forty forty guys of your roster. We already know who's going to be here, Like the Cowboys are probably like some right around somewhere like thirty two thirty guys like we know are going to be here, and we're gonna we're gonna guestimate these other guys.
Speaker 5: You know what.
Speaker 4: The good thing about that is we get to cover it all, We get to talk about it for the next four months.
Speaker 5: We will not run out of things to talk about because of that star.
Speaker 7: David Mullogutta, if you want to, if you want to represent.
Speaker 4: Well, fellas hate that Nate wasn't here, but It was good to hang out with y'all for an hour so much. I mean, we could have done for another hour, but unfortunately, Yeah, I have another.
Speaker 5: Obligation real job in seven minutes. Yeah, Chris, thanks for keeping us on the air. Good seeing you fellas. We'll see you next week. Jazz, I don't even know it's Jazz back there. She is not. Oh well, thanks for not keeping Chris company. What's my man's name? That gosh?
Speaker 4: Thanks for getting us up on all the socials and all the This is on demand by the.
Speaker 5: Way, because we have a Wi Fi issues in the area. My home.
Speaker 7: Billion dollars, baby, my home. You still can't fight against technoledge. Can't billion dollar cock tell you what? It's a billion dollars?
Speaker 5: I was working from home.
Speaker 4: I usually worked from a coffee shop, and I worked from home yesterday because I had to stay home with with Gray. And for four hours I didn't have I couldn't call anybody. No one could call me. I couldn't send or received text messages. So like, I had work calls that I couldn't even tell anybody I'm not going to be.
Speaker 7: On this call.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like, I just disappeared for four hours and it's like that's you're so attached to technology. Part of me was like, this is kind of cool, like I could just lay around and not do anything. But then part of me was, you know, every five minutes, I'm checking to see if the signals back up.
Speaker 7: It was terrible.
Speaker 4: So yeah, all right, Fellas, this was fun. We'll do it again next week. Maybe we'll get to the rest of your list next week, Kurt.
Speaker 16: Sure, keep banging them out, Kurt, all right, next time, same next week, same time, same place.
Speaker 5: Maybe we'll get another call in from Nate. Nate next week, we're we're finalizing the details. Possibly, Yeah, we may have a Nate referred to might be in it might be, and we'll see.
Speaker 7: We'll try to give if you remembers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, tune in to see if we have a special guest and a royal rumble and a royal rumble and shoes.
Speaker 5: We might not wear shoes. Next on Hanging with the Boys. See you next week.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.