Speaker 1: You know, I love the game of football, and this is a place that loves football. So it's like the perfect match for me, perfect match for my family. And I think that I think that we can be what we're expecting to be.
Speaker 2: Stupid garden games, languages, no memory, no simple.
Speaker 3: Boys.
Speaker 4: Welcome to another episode of Busting with the Boys. I'm your host, Will Camp from the boy Taylor, as you know as in Mexico. Delaney sits in today and is my co host once again because the cat is an absolute stud and we have a lot of fun. We talked the Masters, we talk to UFC three hundred, we talk what's going on in the sports world. We recap a little bit of the Barstool Mini golf tournament last week. We have some fun. We have a couple of dad tips for you as well. And what you're here for the Coach Rule episode that is, and then the later part of the show. Our boys do a great job of putting this together. If you're watching on Rumble or YouTube right now, make sure you're subscribed. There are also chapters in the YouTube. There are also time stamps of where the conversation is. If you want to jump ahead and skip around, you can find all that stuff in the description. We cannot thank you guys enough for the support. Love just being around town. If people are oh the boy and they just give you a subtle little dapt Seriously, your guys' support means the world. Thank you, guys. Enjoy this episode. Our spring tour content is also out, so if you're a Husker fan shown up for this episode, Dylan Riolo will be later on this morning. Florida State will be later in the week. We have Oregon next week, we have Alabama after that. We have some information of the Alabama live show in this episode. Again, if you're around Tuscalusa, come join us in the live show. We have yet to announce where we'll be performing for our Nashville live show, so stay up today with us on that on our social channels at busting w TV. Again, thank you for the support. Big hugs, Tiny kisses, and I also dress everybody here that talks about the intro song. We talk about the intro song. We addressed the intro stuff because trust me, we see all of your guys's comments. Thank you guys for throwing them in there. Again, Big hugs, Tiny kisses. Enjoy this episode with busting with the boys, myself and Delaney and coach Matt.
Speaker 3: Rule Will going through it good? Hey what oh got you? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I forgot you. Our boy Phil got us right on the audio. Everybody listening right now, Like mich has been in the lab. We had this Catney fill over to help with some audio. I don't know, Mitch, what did he help us do?
Speaker 5: He got he got this whole ship back here, got it going right, and like, I don't know, he did a whole bunch of stuff.
Speaker 3: I don't know what he was doing. That's like me.
Speaker 5: He was like changing some some chords that that Blasi had all set up, and he's gonna make it sound good.
Speaker 3: I guess all right, Yeah, sir, where is this dude from London?
Speaker 4: He's got a sick accent too, he says, gnarly and ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought he was from fucking up a couple of.
Speaker 4: Wires for us. So everybody firing off on mitching the comments. Let us know how the audio sounds.
Speaker 3: Yo.
Speaker 4: Hey, I got a question for you guys, is my uh is my hairline falling back?
Speaker 3: I mean, who said that?
Speaker 4: I'm sitting here trying to have a good Monday, and I put out the video of promoting our spring tour. That's out right now, and dude said, I love you, man, but we got to have a chat about the hairline.
Speaker 6: Get hitting you with the three step drop out of nowhere?
Speaker 3: Nh, I mean it's uh. I mean, I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 4: When I was looking at my hair this morning, I'm thinking like, man, this neutrifoild neutrafil.
Speaker 6: I feel like it's starting to help.
Speaker 4: So I thought the top, like at the top, because yually, I'm a little dustier in the corners. Yeah, I've been keeping it's usually like dusty in the corners. I feel like it's feeling a little bit more. But maybe maybe I think that's what he's saying. I'm not reading the field correctly. JP, you had the mike. You feel like my airline's getting pushed back a little bit.
Speaker 7: No, I feel like it looks similar to when I first started, which is good. Three years holding strong. And I even set you a video of a mini golf clip. I was like, Hey, the cut looks nice, right, So I appreciate that.
Speaker 4: Man, what's your dad hairline looking gone? It's gonna happen non existence. It's gonna happen.
Speaker 8: It skips generation like baulting and receding. It's usually like on your mom's side, her dad is usually how you take after in your jenettch Oh.
Speaker 3: So I barely remember him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my dad's just gone like that thirty rack of bush light he at the house over the weekend.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I can't really tell. I don't look at you like that, So I don't know if it's pushed back or not. I mean it's you got the Ronald McDonald but other than that.
Speaker 4: Man in year one Ronald McDonald's.
Speaker 3: But he look good. You look at my ship? Is that airline is good?
Speaker 7: Delaney got the X axis.
Speaker 3: My hairline is straight? Why you got them grades? Coming there? I'm great. Up.
Speaker 4: That's from stress though, from what stress? Daily stress? The funk out right here man. Also in the comments, I was asking d Lane before he came on, but he wasn't familiar with the intro songs. Fire off about these intro songs, and you know you see comments now like oh, they don't even talk about they won't even address it. It's getting loud. Yeah, people, the majority wants the old intro, the old intro back.
Speaker 9: You're gonna have to play it for me. I gotta here, I gotta hear with what we.
Speaker 6: Wasn't gonna change it, but he wanted to switch it up.
Speaker 3: Play both, Play both, though, I want to hear both. I gotta hear.
Speaker 5: Where they called They call it the Intro.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the Ernest made us intro and it is a banger.
Speaker 3: It's an awesome Hey.
Speaker 7: I know we switch up the interest songs, but there is one thing we don't switch up, and that's the Chevy trucks.
Speaker 4: And that's the Chevy Soilarado. That's what The Boys is presented by Chevy. This is a Chevy truck podcast. Just like JP said, gritty and determined, dependable, Just like JP reminded me that we have this sattery with Chevy trucks. Chevy trucks are the greatest trucks ever built. Our good friends at Chevrolet have been a big part of the bust and family and even in our personal lives.
Speaker 6: As you know, your boy rocks. The sleek black z R two Chevy.
Speaker 4: Silverado longtime also partner of the show, a truck with commanding and unstoppable grit, legendary capability and dependability as well. So find out for yourself like so many of our boys said to Chevy dot com, check out all this Chevy truck grit, build your own Silverado, and check out what current offers are out there during Chevy truck season for do it yourself projects, to off road trips, off road adventures, tailgates, whatever your thing is, it all starts with a Chevy truck. All right, Yeah, so this we had Ernest he hit this little rift for us or just off the top freestyle. It played it for us, recorded on the phone, rocked it. It's a great song. Yeah, here, put your put your headphones on so you can hear it. I don't think I can hear me neither.
Speaker 8: I don't think it's gonna come through your headphones.
Speaker 6: It's not gonna come thro our headphones.
Speaker 3: I hear something though. Yeah he turned up. There we go betting on the game. No woman's gonna tell what.
Speaker 4: Not.
Speaker 3: Be just drinking, be.
Speaker 6: Blessing with the boys.
Speaker 3: Bro that you is on the record. Let me hear the new one? Now what's it? By laughing about?
Speaker 6: I've seen how the UFC is today.
Speaker 3: If you got to get out fighters, if you were in your private again, when did we did? When did y'all switch it like a month ago, did drink plus taking that head what my opinion will be. The first one is more person and older than me.
Speaker 9: I feel like it's like the boys more authentic to more authentic.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Then the second one is like we grown, we are, we're doing tour. It's like, you know what I'm saying, we moving around like it just feel more hyped up, like more lively, you know what I'm saying. I kind of you want to just add both of them, Man, keep the original one in the front, and then on y'all end out play the new one.
Speaker 4: Thought process behind the newer one is you heard that undertone on the like the beginning or clip like that, you talk about something that's you know, he was talking about a barfighter whatever bisbeeing right there, was talking about you kind of have that undertone song, like an earned song.
Speaker 3: You can't find.
Speaker 4: Like an undertone that's kind of like, okay, this is It could either be serious, it could be emotional, it could be funny, whatever the case is. So the thought was to have the undertone song and then it rides into the can intro where that song is playing and that band Quaker City Nighthawk shout out the Boys.
Speaker 3: We used that.
Speaker 4: One some of Adam's Blues, right, and then we use their song cold Blo. That was for the people who listen to the Delaney Walker very first ever episode, those first songs.
Speaker 6: The intro song was Cold Blues by Quaker City Nighthawks.
Speaker 4: So when we when we pulled this some of Adam's Blues, it was like pulling from Quaker City Nighthawks, the band we use initially, and we kind of switched it up because I was winning like a cliffhanger clip at the beginning, versus.
Speaker 6: You just start off with the intro song.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but everybody being so loud in the comments, You're kind of thinking you got to bring back you know.
Speaker 3: I'm hitting up earning.
Speaker 4: I'm like, hey, we might need a clean version this and then just just drop it in.
Speaker 9: I mean, yeah, I think they may be right because I'm a Power fan, right, And we watched I watch a Lot of Power and they changed the intro song and people went ape shit, And they changed it back the next week, like because it was like a big key factor, like the song was similar but not similar, and people did not like it. So I can understand why people are throwing a fit. On y'all changing the song like there'll.
Speaker 4: Be people coming in, be like, oh, sign it in just for the old intro group for the old intro.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey, I mean I would throw it back.
Speaker 9: Just have them do a cleaner version where you feel like that's that can play right out for everything, or just use both shit fuck it.
Speaker 3: Oh, hang on a second. We gotta, oh see if we canna use this.
Speaker 4: Morey more and more people to Wo Taylor, more people.
Speaker 3: Drop it out. When is it June twenty fourth or twenty fifth.
Speaker 9: I think I'm gonna be there. I gotta I know. I'll report sometime in July, so.
Speaker 3: It ain't gonna It's gonna be during the downtime.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Oh, I'm I'm shit. I'm gonna find someone. If I gotta find a cat off the Las Vegas Strip.
Speaker 3: I'll do it. You know what I'm saying. Go find the best chugger around come around this thing. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I'm gutted, bro, I'm gutting.
Speaker 3: That would have been man. That's that hurt. Though.
Speaker 4: That hurt because we wanted to build you know, did actually up and uh we met with Jason out in out in Vegas in the super Bowl to kind of like talk through, Hey, how can we logistically pull this off?
Speaker 6: Because we like to do it around the collap with you guys, because they had.
Speaker 4: Like a beer or something you out in Philly and it would have been biblical.
Speaker 6: But fuck, we moved around. We we we were hitting them up. We hit them up a couple of times last week, and we didn't hear nothing back.
Speaker 4: I was telling Taylor, I was like, man, I don't got a good feeling, bro, we didn't have a good feeling about it.
Speaker 3: I do appreciate him calling.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, that's real status, sending a text. That's some real homie ship right there. Oh that's though, bro, what about any no hockey players? You can't get no hockey players people? We just we wanted like, I know what you wanted. I get I know, yeah, I know what you You ain't even got to say it. Let's get back right, Yeah, yeah, man, get it. Get back here the show man, get out your feeling.
Speaker 3: Slap.
Speaker 7: Delane's favorite character is Tarik No fuck he he I don't like so you watch Power. I stopped watching after season three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the New Book of Tyreek and shits trash.
Speaker 7: But as I saw his characters start to get bigger. I'm like, man, what are we doing?
Speaker 3: I knew it.
Speaker 9: I'm like, he gonna kill Ghosts because ghost Ghost and Tommy really my favorite characters period. I mean, Ghosts dead now and Tommy's still wilding like a mother a crazy white boy.
Speaker 3: Yeah he doesn't.
Speaker 6: He doesn't because he doesn't want to. Yeah, you don't want to.
Speaker 4: Basically, here's what happened. Everybody will listen because we got to cut the phone call. Travis Kelsey just called to let us know that he can't do beer Olympics.
Speaker 3: That hurts.
Speaker 4: That hurts, but hey, onward and upward, onward and upwards. We lost a good soldier. Yeah, two good soldiers.
Speaker 7: It's not about what happens to you, will, it's about how you respond.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, that was a brutal phone call.
Speaker 4: I bet he was sitting there kind of moment was like I don't want to do that. Maybe he had a text written up and it's like I got.
Speaker 3: A call now.
Speaker 9: He probably is like sitting there like damn, I gotta call him because I'm sure they I'm sure something.
Speaker 3: They came through and gave him a schedule like this.
Speaker 9: The only time you can probably do this, do that, and he was like, fuck, you gotta go before training camp.
Speaker 3: He's a busy cat.
Speaker 4: He is very busy and with the Dayton Taylor like, I'm sure it's probably hard to align everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it going on because I'm sure sh it just pops up and you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: You just know the feeling like it's the worst feeling knowing you're about to let the boys down.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Man, it's especially when you know you had that calendar.
Speaker 6: Yeah, when you're when you're like, yeah, we're doing it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that should be tough when twofold.
Speaker 9: Now, it almost gives you that sick feeling in your stomach when you got a dodo make those calls like ah, I can't do it.
Speaker 6: I know, bro.
Speaker 3: He's like, whatever you need, I might have to call him.
Speaker 6: Like if it's like a game to get into the playoffs or the Chiefs and I need you to blow it.
Speaker 9: Noah, we need some Taylor Swift tickets, man backstage. Taylor Swift tickets backstage. Introduce us.
Speaker 6: Swift on the bus, not even drive like, hell, come on the bush, throw that away.
Speaker 3: Yeah we good, Yeah we did. Dollar.
Speaker 4: I heard.
Speaker 6: That was a brutal phone call. What were we talking about before we called the.
Speaker 3: Intro song the I mean yeah, adding it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, the comments just another l everybody here, tune in for the Coach Rule episode. That one will be again. Shout him out each week. Mitch does a great job putting the chapters together, and when he doesn't, you guys.
Speaker 6: Keep him in check. But you're here for the Coach Rule episode.
Speaker 4: Check out the chapters and YouTube, whether on YouTube, rumble wherever you're getting the pod, probably in the description or the bios if you're on audio, and see where that one is.
Speaker 6: We obviously cut up fuck around on the intro before we get to the to the interview.
Speaker 3: Gee was about to say something.
Speaker 10: Trav could get us a new intro song. He knows the number one, pops Dad.
Speaker 3: It's a good point. Sorry, just jotting down a list of what how Travis could pay us.
Speaker 9: Hey, but look, y'all, fans do not listen to Taylor Swift. I'm sure of it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but secretly, yeah, Taylor Swift, new audience, You get.
Speaker 10: Taylor Swift, Travis Kelsey and Jason Kelsey singing, how do you think that song gonna go?
Speaker 9: How do you think the song you can sing a little little bit. How y'all think that song gonna go? Taylor Taylor song? Yeah, because you know we got bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 4: I can see it now. We just laughed in the pain together. Boy shout out, laughing to the pain, shout ip, sire, you watch Are you a golf guy?
Speaker 9: I'm a golf guy. I watched a little bit of the Masters though. Yeah, I'm I'm sure I'm better than you too. I guarantee, so you cannot play golf.
Speaker 3: Look at you, I'm black, That's what he was about, the same guy. Look at me. Yeah, I am a fucking athlete. You can't move.
Speaker 6: I just watched you if they everybody saw the clip. Everybody saw the clip. All I'm saying.
Speaker 3: A little tight now I get Yeah, you're right, I am.
Speaker 1: I am eight.
Speaker 3: But the swing is not a full swing.
Speaker 9: And I still will out drive you, outplay you, out club you whatever you want.
Speaker 3: Bro, we can go. This is like I've been telling my man, let's go play golf. You can't swing an iron? Who can? That's where I'm better at, bro. My iron game is unstoppable. So you can't putt put game? Great, you can't drive, drive game is working on working on that.
Speaker 10: The video of will swing that was a.
Speaker 4: Terrible and we knew all my low back was hurt for sure. All low back problems now tap tap tap tapes out there. I said, you and Taylor both you saith one. I just gashed the ground. The ball just falls back on the team. Nobody wants to play after you. You didn't ripped up the whole the tea box. Come on, gee, I fucked that up.
Speaker 3: But you what are their divots?
Speaker 9: You can fix them? Yeah, you can fix them. You can fix it, DVID. But we definitely need to get on the course.
Speaker 6: Do you have a golfer that you root for in the Masters? You just casually watch your cash.
Speaker 4: I'm just a casual watcher knowing I'm a casual too, Like, oh, you just straight you're a casual watch, you know, shout out of Scotty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Scotty Shuffler didn't go crazy.
Speaker 4: He won by four strokes one two out of the last three. He's quote afterwards, what was Jack? You can you can throw that quote up.
Speaker 10: There, Scotty future father, future father to get him a hat.
Speaker 3: He's been playing well, though, girl been playing well.
Speaker 10: He had six wins coming into the mass.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. He's been playing well.
Speaker 10: Great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he talks about his He's a special feeling to know that I'm secure forever and it doesn't matter if I win this terminal or lose this term in my identity. My identity is secure forever. He also said something along the lines of like an un fulfilling career. Was it unfulfilling?
Speaker 3: Is that was that the word he used. I think that golf is a very unfulfilling career.
Speaker 4: Like right now, I'm sitting in front of you guys, like i don't care about this green jacket. All I'm thinking about is getting home right now.
Speaker 10: Yeah, with the fam shit about to have his firstborn. Yeah, yeah, prodigal son.
Speaker 4: I feel like it plays into his mentality on the course, like if you're not fully investing, like thinking like I have to, you know, win this sermon, or I have to make this putter, I have to make the shot. He kind of like, I don't know, he didn't take it too serious.
Speaker 3: I think that's the best way to do it.
Speaker 9: I kind of almost played a game, Like when I played, I didn't take it too serious. That's why, like after games I never seen like I was mad upset. I didn't cry because it's when you take it too serious, you try too hard. Sometimes when you try too hard, that's when you make the mistake.
Speaker 10: I think he also knows that there's always gonna be another round. Always, there's always another shot. Like like we were talking earlier, he makes a bogie on a hole, He's the best at getting that that stroke back immediately comes again, it back right. I think that his mentality is like like you're saying, my identity secure, like this doesn't make or break. I'm gonna play again tomorrow next time.
Speaker 6: And he's twenty seven, haven't that wisdom young? Like that is crucial, bro.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's what was gonna say. Because he talked about Saturday night. He was sitting with all his friends that were there in Augusta with him, and he was telling them like, man, I want to win so bad. I'm like, I don't know if he said he was nervous, but he was. You know, he's a competitor. All he wants to do is win. And they reminded him the same thing we're saying, like, hey, man, like say worst case scenario, like you've already won you're good, like the result does not define you at all, and to it just shows the importance for like all athletes, the importance of your circle around you. You got guys saying that you're gonna be out there so much more loose like right, so.
Speaker 3: But it's true, he already won.
Speaker 9: He's in the Masters, like all his group friend groups around him probably grew up playing golflin them wanting to be on this day, on this stage, the biggest stage you can be in. And they mind, they like you won already, bro, like put too much pressure. You're here, yeah, and you will always come back here, like because you've been here. So I understand that when you do have friends like that to make you kind of settle down, because you need that settle down. Sometimes it's great to have because you know your friend group they all want to be where you at.
Speaker 3: You know, in they mind, you made it to the ultimate point. What more can you do? You know what I mean? Take what you got and.
Speaker 4: It's like even you care so much and then say you do get it like JP you were talking about earlier, Like you just end up chasing like you're chasing the next thing.
Speaker 6: That doesn't mean like don't go after and win everything and all that.
Speaker 3: But he was, uh.
Speaker 6: JP was referencing Tom Brady after his third Super Bowl? Would you say that?
Speaker 3: Tom? Said?
Speaker 7: He said, after he won that third super Bowl, he kind of like a few days later he sat back and was like, is this really all there is to kind of like.
Speaker 3: Toe to my life?
Speaker 7: Like, because this is not what It's not fulfilling at all like that, that's the feeling's already.
Speaker 3: Gone after winning it the first time, it was gone, right, But.
Speaker 7: It's like he wins the three and he's like, man, there has to be more to life than this, right.
Speaker 6: It's like you keep chasing, you'll never catch whatever it is that you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you win three and it's like, Okay, all you now think about is how do you get the fourth one?
Speaker 6: Where you're not even realizing how far you've come?
Speaker 4: Well, because it's kind of oh, it doesn't matter what what's what's your favorite ring?
Speaker 3: The next one? Yeah? I mean Giselle was the next one.
Speaker 9: If we want to put it out, he said, Damn, I've been winning super Bowls?
Speaker 3: What else can I get?
Speaker 4: You get the baddest chick in the world at that time, you know, oh fuck, I ain't mad at him.
Speaker 10: Oh you got something, g I was just gonna say the boy Max, I know that's all. Yeah, he had a good weekend, just some tough battles.
Speaker 3: Like a lot of people were pulling from him.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, he's like the people's chant, like just most relatable because he is out there just kind of like cutting up and you know, him and his caddie old talks ship to each other. He told us on the when he came on. But just he just seems like a real dude. But he uh, he had some good quotes too.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he had that banger quote going into that final round. He's like, yeah, what did he say?
Speaker 4: He's like, uh, I just got to remind myself that I'm a dog and I'm ready for this moment before the final round, which was sick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what else was happening? Oh U S three hundred?
Speaker 6: Do you happen to catch UFC three hundred?
Speaker 11: Bro?
Speaker 4: Justin Gaichee Max Holloway for the Baddest Motherfucker Belt? Justin Gaichee's was the title holder of the Baddest Motherfucker Belt BMF belt and him and Max fucking throwing five rounds straight. Max is up five rounds and nothing. Like basically Gage needs he needs a knockout, just like to win the fight. He's got no out unless he knocks him out. Anywhere they're battle. You see, my man Gate was bleeding. He caught a heel at the very end of the first round called the heel to the nose was bleeding. Was kind of like gunshy a little bit. Max are going in there in the final round and again Max has secured the win. I got three hundred, six hundred thousand dollars bonus, all this stuff.
Speaker 6: Five to nothing. He's gonna win unanimous, five nothing.
Speaker 4: On the rounds they hit the for the last ten seconds, Max goes to the middle and points just at the ground and says, come on, come on, and they just start swinging.
Speaker 3: Watch this. I saw that. He was like, get to the middle, let's go, ye yea. They just start. He'll belliing d y.
Speaker 9: That's something that's right. That's raw dog right there. Raw dogged them one second left.
Speaker 3: Bro got him. He hey, oh buddy, oh buddy, win the middle.
Speaker 4: He had nothing to little he's thinking, but he's thinking like maybe I catch him, I know, but oh buddy.
Speaker 3: Had nothing to lose. He was already down in the cards. He had he man, but he was up. Oh he was Oh I thought, oh, I thought the other dude was up five. No, there was no reason for him to say come to the middle, let's swing. Yeah he he he got He went in there and dogged him.
Speaker 6: Hell, that ship was crazy.
Speaker 3: That's crazy. Now. I didn't get to catch all of that. Man, I saw that, just the knockout, he got it.
Speaker 11: You gotta see Pereira's yeah, yeah, show him showing Pereira who is the cat that he fought Peira Jamal Hill, Jamal Hill, who was coming back from an Achilles. He was like the champ before he towards Achilles, like the day before a fight or something.
Speaker 3: So he's coming back into the ring and prayer to him.
Speaker 6: They're going toes and you gotta see Peira.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 6: The rep tries to step in because he'll.
Speaker 3: Like they did the meme on him. Yeah yeah, then wasn't the black dude for the African. But Hill had kind of hit him.
Speaker 4: I don't know if it was awkward, but the ref was about to step in and back them up and say, hey, you know that's a warning or whatever it is. But as the ref was stepping in prayer or who's the one who got hit? He told the ref he said, no, stay back, and.
Speaker 3: Then it drops.
Speaker 7: The next punch dropped him.
Speaker 4: You could probably go to JP's Twitter as well. You go to JP's twitter one of his recent tweets, he kind of posted it. But it's badass, bro. I mean, it was a hell of a card. You got al Joe, who's literally can have a title fight at any moment, who's on the prelimbs, who's not even on the main card. Crazy, these are two Chinese chicks. There's fucking swinging the whole time. I mean, the women's belt Chandler Chandler McGregor gets announced for three or three So McGregor and Chandler now set for June twenty ninth week.
Speaker 6: Hey, that's the.
Speaker 3: Whole Beer Olympics.
Speaker 4: We're setting up Beer Olympics and we stay and then hit the fight on Saturday.
Speaker 3: Because that ship is going to be nuts insane. Watches kicked him in Nah, watch y'all. He's like, no, nah, watch y'all.
Speaker 11: That was.
Speaker 9: Ban They didn't hit him with the mean bro, how you gonna disrespect him like that?
Speaker 7: This is what y'all brought me. Yeah, yeah, I don't know who he's gonna fight next. Maybe I think the people should start campaigning for John Jones to come back down to two.
Speaker 3: A five one more time. He may do that. He could do. Pereira might go up.
Speaker 7: Pereira is insane, Bro, he'd be izzy the first time at one eighty five. Now he's fighting at two o five. This man weighed in at two o five and he weighed two thirty seven right before the fight. Man Pereira, Yes, how did he ever get down to one eighty five?
Speaker 3: They man, they got ways ozempic.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was just about to say that, bro, that stopping from Eden.
Speaker 4: You got the you got like I mean, there's peptides out there that can get in and out of your system within.
Speaker 3: Like eight hours. Yeah yeah, but I mean you can't use the zimpics. Is that cheating? I have no clue that's cheating. You think it's cheating, I don't know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, rejecting in your body something like suppresses like.
Speaker 12: He can't he can be he can have diabetes. I mean, yeah, right, you know what I mean. Zimpic is legal.
Speaker 3: It's so new right now. I feel like.
Speaker 7: Wasn't there a big article on it that like it's there's stuff coming out that it's like bad for you.
Speaker 3: It is killed.
Speaker 4: It's like shutting down your kidneys. All of that trust man is really bad. There's like some lawsuits. Yeah, people are getting it. That's like the Hollywood drug. Yeah, everyone is doing actor. Yes, everybody in a lie. And then until people be like Joe's I didn't say, I'm telling you you it ain't.
Speaker 9: It's gonna start getting put in soon because they it's so new and they think athletes won't take it because it does make you drop weight so fast.
Speaker 3: I feel like it should make you we I would assume that it's on the SHATA thinks. I mean all the things that are on there.
Speaker 4: You're thinking Ozimpic isn't on that band substance list, especially in like the UFC where you gotta make weight.
Speaker 9: Maybe UFC. I just don't think that's the thing. In the NFL, It's like who who want to take a drug and lose fucking weight?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 6: Like, what's that gonna help you necessarily, unless like you got something in your contract.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, there you go. There you go like a old pot roast. Yeah, I was like paycheck different.
Speaker 11: He was like what.
Speaker 3: I was like, no, tell me his story.
Speaker 4: I told the d lineman like, hey, don't let t Night and Terrence Knight and tell you get on you at all about making your weight. This man would not step on the scale all his fines because he's like, oh, my budget's different.
Speaker 6: Now y'all are about to find me pounds over.
Speaker 3: So y'all want me to weigh in after you got this good ass food.
Speaker 4: And I was just like U in my in my head, that means that the pounds he was over, that per pound that he would have to pay, it was more than the fine he just takes for not weighing in.
Speaker 9: Probably you know what I mean. No, I mean to fine what it was, only what it's like. I think it was like five hundred a pounds or something like that, or a thousand pounds.
Speaker 3: All depends who you were. It depends on how you negotiate that up. All right.
Speaker 4: Pivoting Live Show Alabama live show tickets They are on sale right now. That live show is April twenty third and Tuscaloosa, Alabama, Busting with the Boys.
Speaker 6: Myself Taylor will be there. Are you going to that one?
Speaker 3: I can go to that one.
Speaker 4: Okay, I can go to that all the boys. Those tickets are on sale now. The link at bustin WTV follows on we'll obviously post the link, yeah, links and all of our bios subjected bios. You're in Tuscaloosa or you're a couple hours outcome join the Boys. April twenty third and Tuscalusa. What's the place called g Do you know?
Speaker 3: G Spot? G Spot? All right? G Spot? It's called the G Spot.
Speaker 10: That's I mean, if you go there, that's what you call it. But that galletts Oh, okay, G Spot.
Speaker 4: Because as you guys are watching now, obviously we're releasing our Nebraska interviews at the moment. For the rest of the week, you'll get the Florida State interviews with coach Norvel, Brandon Fisk, DJ, the quarterback. How you say his last name? Look, you don't even know that's your part. That's your boy too, oos oos, and Patrick Payton. Those those interviews are dropping later this week. Next week will be Oregon. We're sitting down with a couple pleas from Morgan and the head coach, Dan Lanning. And then the following week will be Alabama. So you're on the lookout for all of our Spring Took content that you'll get pretty much every where, audio, platforms, video, wherever it is. But let's talk about this eighty two game pre season with DraftKings. DraftKings, the eighty two game preseason is in the books and it's finally time for the real season. Don't miss out on any of the NBA playoff action at DraftKings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA, from the play in tournament through the finals. From every opening tip to every buzzer beater, DraftKings Sportsbook has you covered with same game parlays, live betting, odds, boosts.
Speaker 3: And so much more.
Speaker 4: And if you're new to this whole sports betting thing, it's super easy to get started. Try betting on something simple like a team to win. Just go to the app, select your team, place your first bet. It's that simple. And here's something else to sweeten the deal for all new customers. You bet five dollars and get a two hundred dollars bonus bet instantly. So if you bet five dollars, you get two hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly. New customers download the DraftKings sportsbook app and use code bus It's bus bus to get two hundred dollars in bonus bets when you bet just five dollars only on DraftKings.
Speaker 3: The crown is yours.
Speaker 6: Yes, you saw your boy at the Barcelon minigolf framer last week.
Speaker 3: I did, Man, I did? Yeah, Yeah, I am A'm probably the best, right, I'm just saying.
Speaker 4: They got a little mini indoor mini golf course.
Speaker 3: Out here in Nashville.
Speaker 6: It was bawling now. The course fairly simple. You saw everybody.
Speaker 4: They were very simple, at least minus thirty throughout the sample bro all four rounds.
Speaker 6: But your boy won a pretty massive side bet.
Speaker 3: What round did you go?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean what place did you.
Speaker 6: I think I like tied for twelve something low?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean I'm not.
Speaker 6: I played with the boys, like you know, you been seed your guys expectations.
Speaker 7: I expected you to do right around what you did.
Speaker 3: Okay, y'all been to that new one the.
Speaker 6: Year before in Arizona. Remember, I was like it was terrible, like what plus six had a lot going on? Plus eight.
Speaker 7: He was trying to get a pass for it from the ambassador.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's right. Trying to go to Mexico and not to mention Dave talking to me like I'm a little kid. Bro. That was come on, Willie, Yeah, hey, don't talk during his swing.
Speaker 3: Come on, Willie, you can do this. You can do this. You was that terrible, Bro.
Speaker 6: I was bad.
Speaker 4: I think I was like plus eight throughout the tournament, like I was like, I think last, and so knowing that I made the cut to go to the final two rounds was your boy?
Speaker 3: Was hype.
Speaker 4: But I had a side beck going on with the four Play guys. There was a little a little dust up back in uh what August something like that. Last year we kind of went back and forth with Riggs, who's the head guy for the four Play pod because of something that I think Frankie was talking about on a podcast.
Speaker 6: I think it was not the rundown Barstool Radio, Yeah, Barstool.
Speaker 4: Radio of the merch, right, I had one of my you know, pantry talks, and so that was kind of we were kind of argue in about I mean, it was stupid, but four Play promoing merch, them promoing our busting golf merch.
Speaker 6: There was like there was a dust. Yeah, there was a dust, and so playing with him, I go up.
Speaker 4: I was like, hey, boys, you know, I would hate for us to all go to the ground today and you know, be disrespectful to the tournament.
Speaker 6: We kind of like chuckled about it.
Speaker 4: But I'll say, hey, I gotta bet if all three of you, because they're all golf guys, all three of you beat me, I will, I will monkey dance, I'll do. I am at your mercy for any content you want to make for me to promo your guys' golf merch. Since that's what everything was over. I was like, but if I beat any one of you three, then it's vice versa. It's flipped. I get to do the same with y'all. And they were they Riggs, he was confident. I was kind of nervous how confident he was. I felt like it was trimp but I didn't know. And Rigs and Frankie crushed it. They were like in the top five, like they were battling up. There was the final group. It was down to like the last two holes. Frankie Riggs were in that group and it was me and Trent in like the last place group into the like final round and I was up six strokes on Trent and that's all who I had to beat. But I bogied the very first hole, and they kind of, you know, I was legitimately nervous, like in my head, like fuck, I can't lose this lead.
Speaker 3: I can't lose this lead. I can't lose this lead.
Speaker 6: And sure enough, the first three holes I bogey all three of them.
Speaker 4: He gets three strokes on me right out of the gate, and I'm thinking the uh yeah, I'm in my fucking head, like, oh, they hear his footsteps.
Speaker 3: The here his footsteps.
Speaker 6: And there's this dude wife's hole in the fourth hole where you hit it up.
Speaker 4: When you hit it up the ramp, it goes into this toilet the dude wipe frilet no free shot outs.
Speaker 3: To dude wives.
Speaker 4: And then usually you get a hole in one, it'll like drop down and be right around the hole, but it's a par three, so you can make.
Speaker 3: Up a couple of strokes.
Speaker 4: He fucking hits it out of bounce, shits down his leg and four four puts that hole.
Speaker 6: So he loses those three strokes a gon on me.
Speaker 4: He lost right there, and that's kind of I was able to maintain that same lead throughout the rest of.
Speaker 3: The How did he hit it out of bounce when he went up the ramp? Did it fly to the ramp so you got to give it?
Speaker 4: So they went to the left of the ramp and then skipped up off something and went out of bound, so then he had to drop.
Speaker 6: He hit it close to the hole, missed the hole, and then he had to.
Speaker 4: Hit an extra putt. But fortunately I maintained the lead. But your boy, yeahs always hanging on because I was like, man.
Speaker 6: This would be huge. You know, we gotta get this.
Speaker 3: They did have a lot of clips of you shooting, so I gotta watch the whole thing.
Speaker 4: I only you gotta waste your time watching all that your boy, your boy put on for the squad.
Speaker 3: I beat who I needed to be.
Speaker 7: You set up you set up a match.
Speaker 3: Set up a match with Garrett.
Speaker 4: Because Riggs was sitting next to me and he was like, hey, your boy Garrett, how is he at golf? I was like, he's pretty good at golf. That's why I texted you what you're He's like, what's his handicap?
Speaker 3: I was like I don't know.
Speaker 4: I was like, let me text him though, because Garrett had sent out a tweet for play is doing this segment to where they take people who are like haters who have been chripping Rigs forever, like on the internet, who are like the golfers of them, and they try to pay for everything and fly him out or whatever dow I want to put words, like.
Speaker 3: They put them up in a five star hotel.
Speaker 4: Just start saying first class, black car service. But they take care of him coming out to play one on one against Rigs, like it's Riggs versus Hater, and he says, it's actually way harder than they thought it'd be because guys are like back out last.
Speaker 3: Minute or like sailor hater.
Speaker 4: You know, then they don't want to but they had a really good one to where it ended up being a big benefit, and you know then obviously they make amends and the cats like, all right, yeah, you're not that bad and it was a.
Speaker 3: Good golf match.
Speaker 4: But anyway, Garrett comments to him and says, hey, I'm a low key hater and writes to tweet the Riggs. Rigs sees it and he's sitting next to me in the gambling cave and he's like, hey, your boy Garrett's He like, like, he's good at golf. The cat that I was telling you when we were doing our thing back and forth. I was like, listen, I can't play you in golf and settle it like on the golf course. But one of our producers could. I was like, this is the cat I was talking about, and he's like, all right, let's set that up. So I think it's right now. It's tentatively in early September when they're out here for the Barstool Invitational class. So we're gonna, yeah, the classic, we're gonna get Garrett Garrett versus Rigs.
Speaker 3: It is eighteen. It will be eighteen.
Speaker 10: They do eighteen because.
Speaker 4: Garret your handicaps like what five six? Yeah, because Riggs was like, oh that's perfect. I'm around the exact same.
Speaker 3: No, he's not. You know what.
Speaker 10: Things though, I've watched the one with the Haters when it came out, and the guy's.
Speaker 3: Whole the hater was up on him. He said he said he was on the hater won did he? Yeah?
Speaker 10: The whole like thing is people just ship on Rigs. Like he's not wrong. People ship on him. They consume their content enough. But the merch thing was enough for me to be like.
Speaker 4: I'll play you, yeah, and like it's not enough to where you're in the comments like everybody else.
Speaker 10: But I think I've come three times. Yeah, but this guy that they have an episode out with has commented like eighty times, like DMed him a ton, and so Ridge was like, all right, like let's just do this. But the guy ended up beating Rigs and they're both like, I mean, I can imagine nerves are flying. I was nervous when we when I hit at the spit and chicken. Yeah, but I mean, yeah, it's it's gotta be tough to get shipped on and then have to try and back it up and then it not go your way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he said the cat was pretty good and it ended up being like a kind of an emotional deal at the end.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The guy there was like a benefit.
Speaker 6: From like something.
Speaker 10: I think Riggs like originally was like all right, yeah, I'll do this one because the guy was like, uh, winter to donate. It's a thousand dollars to a charity of choice, right, and then the guy ended up having his own charity because they had lost their child and so it like went to something that they were doing for that and it kind of caught Rigs off guard and at the end and so yeah, they're closing it out, guys like I'm gonna donate this regard list, like thanks for doing this because I know people will see this, and so there was a good like benefit from it. My benefit, I mean, I don't really have one.
Speaker 3: But it'll be good. It'll be a nice little, nice little grudge match.
Speaker 9: Sometimes I just feel like with podcasts, even though they say they haters, they really not haters.
Speaker 3: They like fans, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: But that segment is like a hater segment from that when they announced it. He's like, it's hard to fill throughout who's actually a hater because when they announce it, people are just now hating just to hate me. They want to hit a golf trip. You're a massive brand.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 4: And he's like, so we gotta like it's like you find people who you might have and then you got to go back in time and.
Speaker 6: See if they've been an actual hater.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you gotta be like on some back in the day, like if I see you home, kill your now you got to you gotta be straight hated like, you get this by he'll be good.
Speaker 10: That's why my original thing was over the merch thing, right, and so that that's where the whole thing is.
Speaker 3: It'll be perfect, It'll be perfect. We had a good time. It was a good time hanging Ye where they gonna play at I don't know where.
Speaker 10: They where they do here and it's at Hermitage.
Speaker 3: Oh, Hermitage. Yeah, I was out with h.
Speaker 6: There's our home course.
Speaker 4: See, Garrett's got to show up man, Like he said, we can't let him get in his head. We need one good hold to where we can all talk shit forward Garrett and then it's like that.
Speaker 10: That's be the funnest part is like having both squads.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, chirping each other. You having fun. That will be fun. Yeah. We just do something like on every hole to.
Speaker 10: The one that they did with this guy, Like it did get kind of tense because it's just the two of them and like the camera guys, so there's not like.
Speaker 3: Everybody's kind of boys talking.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so that I feel like it'd be a good time.
Speaker 3: Both nights we had a little little cocktail crew.
Speaker 4: It was myself, Ryan Whitney, Francis and Frankie and dude hearing some of Frankie's old stories, like being in the trenches because he was like Dave's first guy getting paid like forty forty five grand when it first started. He was like, you know, hey, Frankie, were outside the pizza bot blah blah blah blah blah. And hearing some of those old school stories from Frankie just how everything came to be. It was insane because he's like a fiery dude, very passionate, Like when he makes a shot, he just has like fucking he just loses it. He was like all out loves it, and but listening to his stories, man, he's like yoday, like he's like, just be sitting on my computer if they didn't feel like I was working, But hey, what are you looking at?
Speaker 6: Turn your computer around and show me, and you know you're just like on edge, he shouted out.
Speaker 4: Nate, he like bought him a sub before he went up for his interview because he was wearing like a nice fit to go up, but then he caught win that he was chirping everybody that was dressed nice, so he felt dumb going up there, like look having a gidda up on and they was like, hey, so what's your pitch gonna be? And he kind of said something He's like, no, Dave doesn't give a fuck about any of that stuff. He's like, you need to have X, Y and Z and he said it like helped him be in an interview. And then how Dave found Austin. Austin was kind of like through Frankie because Austin he would send he would send the pizza videos because he knew.
Speaker 3: That was his baby, yeah, and he would send.
Speaker 4: He would like outsource him to Austin to work for free. Basically like hey, if you do this right, I can get you, I can tech you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: That way, when Frankie left to go do four play pod and make other content, do things that he thought he could bring more value to, He's like he just had this plug and play guy with Austin because he's like, well can he do he can't edit my pizza videos. He's like, oh, he's been doing it for X amount of months and so I got him in filtered him in. That's how Austin got linked up and got the gig with Dave. Because Dave, that's like a twenty four to seven you're like all in around Dave. Sure, but it was sick hearing some of those old stories shout out the crew man, I think, what is it he named our group Chad.
Speaker 10: Shout out with for whooping everyone's ass.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Bro, it was like he's going through the final round.
Speaker 4: It's like a sweet putt with like you're fucking beating everybody by ten strokes. Wit is so funny. He's so fun to be around. He's got this that northern accent. Yeah, kind of always sees everything like talk speaks from like the negative light of it. And he's just his mannerisms are so funny. But let's do our Let's hit our twisted question. Hit our twisted question. Bit just gonna set this one up. Let's see here, let me go ahead, Well, here we go. Twist the Tea a refreshing hard iceed team made with real broutee and five percent alcohol. Full of flavor and very refreshing. Twisted Tea goes down smooth. There is no carbonation, which makes it easy to drink all day long. Twist the Tea feels fun and celebrates extreme fandom on game day. It is the perfect alcohol beverage for game day. Whether tailgating in the parking lot, watching at a bar, or watching with friends at home.
Speaker 6: Twisted Tea is there to turn up your game day. Keep it twisted with the boys. Grab a refreshing twisted tea today, Mitch, let's hear the twisted.
Speaker 5: This twisted question comes from the same guys last week. It's on the same picture. Would you rather have every hair on your body plucked off? One by one? We have all of your toe nails ripped off.
Speaker 3: That's a lot of hair that you gotta plug off. We're answering how we want to be tortured. This dude is, uh, what do you do?
Speaker 6: Needs to be writing for the Saw movies? Yeah, like what do you do for I don't I don't know.
Speaker 4: I got pb hair hair plucked off, but then again the nails go fast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's hurt deep. I know that'll take forever. Like that's what everybody, every hair on your body.
Speaker 6: Buttole we're getting ripped off from the sack bro just laying there.
Speaker 9: I mean, that's the easy one. I mean, I don't feel like that's gonna hurt much. So I'm I'm gonna do the hair.
Speaker 6: I think I'm going else here.
Speaker 3: I think you just gotta get him.
Speaker 9: I just I just don't feel like your big it probably would come right out. I'm dead serious. So they didn't even feel it. You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Hey, the couple came out like I don't even have no pubic hair. I feel I didn't feel it, my shi. It is like falling out but growing at the same time. You feel kind of pulling from you go for the leg.
Speaker 4: Bro huh, I feel it. That didn't That ain't ship and you plucked that bitch out. I I rather do the hair, all right, Maybe it's hair. We'll got a lot of hair.
Speaker 3: You know, we're pulling like a bitch. I don't feel that. I feel that. See, and you can't just do one at the time. You, Hey, let me get one of your eyebrow. Hell just one? No, no, hell no, you're gonna make me look like I put a fucking line in my ship.
Speaker 4: You only gotta three hair, you know you want, and you're not gonna be able to get what you're gonna yanke, and it's just one.
Speaker 3: You're gonna take three here, go for it, man, you go. I felt that. I feel like that Tom never heard a little I still gonna take that one. That pain is quick. No, no, I know that you don't hurt. He said, it's toenails. Give me suppliers.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna say toenails.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna do hair. That pain ain't it's quick. It's like somebody, it's gonna be quick. Think about your toenails when they's I can just imagine all the nerves.
Speaker 3: I have my toenails on and pain painful.
Speaker 4: You couldn't even touch it, like put your shoe on, I can your sock made gets stuck to the meat.
Speaker 3: Eger Oh Jesus Christ. Yeah, okay, what y'all doing? I'm doing hair?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm probably here if you if there's like a repercussion thing like you, it's like, wait, totails take like.
Speaker 10: Eight months ago back.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: But also hair, you're gonna be fully bald everywhere for like at least three or.
Speaker 6: Four months, looking like Josh Dobbs.
Speaker 3: I know I didn't that look. It's kind of clean though, Yeah, I probably do hair. Shu hurt though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that top lip is right in his crevices though. I felt that hair for sure for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, easy, I gotta worry about Like, come on, now, you.
Speaker 4: Want I feel like you want your hair. Hair to be as long as possible on that part, yes, everywhere, yes, yes, because the shorter. Oh, they're gonna have to get it. Yeah, they're gonna be yanking your skin out micro cuts and ship it's it.
Speaker 6: Uh some positivity. You got any you got you got any dad tips.
Speaker 3: Tips right now? Man? I have one, go ahead, bro. So we celebrated yeah, so birthday.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Rue had her second birthday. It was like it was April third.
Speaker 4: But anyway, we had our families in town. The reason get the families together. We had a little pizza party. But dad tip, my dad tip would be to have kids they're not gonna remember their second no at all. Have those birthday parties that spots you enjoy eating at so DICE's pizza, No free shots of Dices, love their pizza. Nice little outdoor environment so the kids can run around and play and all that stuff. But my dad tip would be to build the birthday party around a place you.
Speaker 3: Like to go.
Speaker 9: It's funny you say that is a great tip because my daughter birthday or eight year old, both her eight year old, eight year birthday, we went to a actually a place that may like a brewery, but it was like an outdoor area for kids too though, so like all the adults because if you no, I'm saying, if you.
Speaker 3: Want to have your birthday party at a brewery, but.
Speaker 9: It was it was split. It was like a kids thing and a brewer, so all the parents will come. That's how you get the parents to come to bring all the kids. So we had more kids than we thought we would have because the parents wanted to come because it was like, oh, we get to drink cider and watch our kids have fun in this area that's secure. It was gated off, it had a back area, but it was they so sighter, and I'm like, oh, this was a great idea because all the kids came. My daughter had the best birthday she ever had because everyone brought their kids. Because if the parents, the parents want to go, If the parents don't want to go, your party gonna be light. But if the parents do want to go, you're going to have a pack party. And so I take that, like what you said, Yeah you gotta take that.
Speaker 4: Yeah know that that seems to play get the kids like flights of juice, different juices.
Speaker 7: That would be hype.
Speaker 4: About them breweries and you get like a flight, right they think they yeah, they want something right right.
Speaker 3: No, they kind of did something like that too. They gotta did something I wasn't in I wasn't in control of that situation.
Speaker 4: But what uh shout out for shot? You boys got shoutouts? That's gonna be my my shoutout for shot. It is gonna be my dad tip.
Speaker 7: No, I'm not gonna let that slide.
Speaker 3: At all. I know you have one to speak up. I got one.
Speaker 9: Uh, I got a shout out, no free shout out. And I know y'all gonna be like this boy on heavy equipment right now. But it's scared stare. Bro, I got a two ninety scared stare. And I'm gonna be honest with you. Your boy is country as hell. All of a sudden, I'm out here, I'm making trails. I just made a shooting.
Speaker 3: Range with this thing. I mean, I am clearing land. Bro.
Speaker 9: Never thought something I'll be doing something like that, especially me being black from the hood and now I live in the Contornia.
Speaker 3: From California to concrete jungle. You feel me?
Speaker 9: We don't have grass turns you out? Yeah, I'll say that Tennessee more like Tennessee. More like turn me out, so no shout out, no free shout out. Two nine nine d skared staring from Caterpillar Baby, I'll at you boy.
Speaker 3: We love a piece of a court, but I'll love another one to give me a shout out. It'll be our boy mom hats. Our boy mom hats dropped. Oh, just drop, they're dropping. When do they drop?
Speaker 4: Officially Wednesday? So if you're listening right now, these boy mom hats dropped tomorrow. I think this is awesome.
Speaker 3: Because I'm gonna give me one of those with the Boys Podcast.
Speaker 4: All the boys out there, I'm sure you have a stunned mother that's been behind the scenes for your entire life, get them hook them up with one of those for Mother's Day. Or if your wife. If you guys are expecting a boy, what a great gift to get your wife. If you have a son, I know people are like, oh when her dad boys stuff dropping. We're not trying to couck the son of a boy dad fellas out there, but we got some boy mom hats that are dropping that I think it's gonna be those are gonna be sick. And number one, there barsol doubts that those pulls show a lot because we can only do two colors. So once we prove this model, I think there's only only gonna be like one hundred, one hundred and fifty in stock. So once we move those then we'll get more color waves. Right now, we got the natural look. I pulled around a couple couple of the ladies in my life. They said natural and they said navy. So we got natural color and we got navy coming out first. So once we sell those out, I'm sure we can do more stuff. But a sick, a sick Mother's Day gift, a gift for a boy mom out there. We got them a natural, natural and navy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll be getting minds on Wednesday. Mate, put that on. I don't want to mess up my hair right now. I gotta go through it. It ain't moving, but it will flat that ship there.
Speaker 6: You look funny and a little like a flimsy Dad had to.
Speaker 9: Me, Yeah, I know they don't fit me really well. I need like a straight band like card Brown. Snap back them flimsy ones. My head is just your way too, like a musclehead.
Speaker 3: Sure, I mean, is are you not? No white face?
Speaker 9: That's a football stack that's just for playing football. That's for playing football. If I didn't play football, probably be skinny for sure.
Speaker 6: You're not skinny now you don't play I've been playing all this time.
Speaker 3: My body is just like Taylor. Yeah I don't.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Taylor only exempics for sure. If I took that out, be skinny as hell. Now I'll just mess with you, tailor.
Speaker 3: For real.
Speaker 4: But for real, All right, let's get into the UH. We'll get into the Coach Rule episode.
Speaker 7: Hang on, I think it would be wrong of us not to shout out a big fight that's happened in June twenty ninth.
Speaker 4: Oh fuck yeah yeah UFC. Yeah, you know we had our UFC three hundred talk. Another big thing that happens in the UH presser afterwards. UH Dana announcing June twenty ninth, it is official. Connor McGregor versus Michael Chandler the boy. It's time to burn the fucking boats, dude. We're finally getting that fight. We Mike's finally getting that fight. We will hopefully all be there.
Speaker 3: That shit is going to.
Speaker 6: Be electric, Yes, And if you're looking for tickets.
Speaker 4: For it, use the game Time app. Use the game Time app. You're looking for tickets for this UFC three h three. Uh the game Time App you shouldn't have to worry when you buy tickets to your next big event. The official ticketing partner of Barstool Sports, is the fast and easy way to buy tickets to all the sports, music, comedy, and theater events near you. They have flash deals for sudden discounts, zone deals for when you're feeling flexible, and their lowest price guarantee, which means if you can find the same seats for less anywhere else, game Time will credit you one hundred and ten percent of the difference. Game Time is the best place for last minute seats with up to sixty percent off your favorite events.
Speaker 6: What are you waiting for, your boy, We're gonna be listen.
Speaker 4: If we don't get these tickets pushed over to us, we will be going to UFC three or three. Using the game Time app, take the guestwork out of buying tickets with game Time. Download the game Time App, create an account and use code busting Bussi and for twenty dollars off.
Speaker 3: Your first purchase. Terms apply. Download the game Time app today.
Speaker 4: Last minute tickets, lowest prices guaranteed, but definitely shout out to the boy Michael Chandler landing this UFC three or three.
Speaker 3: I know he's been waiting a minute.
Speaker 4: It's been kind of geting worked on behind the scenes, so he hasn't been able to talk about it a whole lot. And then it's like getting fleshed out to where it's like it's this quite even gonna happen. You see Connor out there pushing roadhouse. You're looking a little banged up on some of these interviews, and have you been seeing it?
Speaker 3: I mean, he just he just he you know, it looked like he fucked up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but uh, I can't wait for the build up, see them going back and forth, Seeknda McGregor kind of get, you know, start talking some shit.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's around the corner. Is he gonna be like ready for that? Hopefully not. He might end this one in the first round because even doing his movie thing, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: So, but uh, we'll get into the Coach Rule episode.
Speaker 4: The Coach Rule episode, we sit down with Coach when we talked to him about, you know, not making a bowl game, getting so close starting off to see what will we five and three, and then we just drop the next four to not make a bowl game, which was unfortunate. The origin story if we Die, we Die, We sat with a couple of players.
Speaker 3: We sat with Coach.
Speaker 4: There's some rumors going around whether it's before the Michigan game, whether it's before the Northern Illinois game. We talked to him about the if we die, we die speech. Uh landing a top recruiting class and being aligned with the new AD. Obviously, when coach rule got brought on, you a coach, the president, President Carter, and you had the Athletic Director Trev Alberts, who were pivotal.
Speaker 6: In getting coach Rule to Lincoln.
Speaker 4: And as everybody knows, with like the way that world works, if it you know, an ad moves on, gets fired president, whatever the case is, or usually the next guy that comes in wants to bring in their own guys. So how implemental coach rule was in this process with hiring the new AD. We talked to him about that. But it's an awesome episode. We had an incredible time out Lincoln, Nebraska. The hospitalities out there is insane. They treat us very well. You're gonna listen to the Coach Rule episode and then The Dyan Rayl episode will be dropping later this morning as you're if you're consuming this early right out of bed, I think this is dropping like six am. Ll be around lunchtime at some point. But again, awesome interviews, awesome sit down with Coach Rule.
Speaker 3: He's one of the best. He has.
Speaker 4: I didn't know if he had pink eye, so I didn't really allude to it. Then he hit me at the live show. He's like, Hey, I saw you staring at my eye and I was like, I didn't know if I wanted to hit you with the joke. Did your wife fought her on your pillow? I didn't know where I could.
Speaker 3: Go with that, said she was there, but don you know.
Speaker 4: If you're in the comments, try not to say this coach Will ask if Coach Will has pink guy in the comments all love this episode again, Thank you guys for listening. Make sure you subscribed on audio all video platforms. Big hugs, tiny cases, shot at you guys for the support. Enjoy this episode of Coach. I mean.
Speaker 3: I won't have to lose with that.
Speaker 6: Welcome to another episode of Busting with the Boys.
Speaker 3: First question, Coach, what game? What game? Was there? If we die? We die speech.
Speaker 1: That was a that was Illinois, I believe. Yeah, No, No, it wasn't Michigan.
Speaker 3: That was Michigan. Does your players seem to think it was Michigan.
Speaker 1: You have to show it to me.
Speaker 3: What y'all saying. What y'all saying out there?
Speaker 10: That dies, that die?
Speaker 1: It was that not you?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 3: Is that not you?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, Oh we're bringing the banger.
Speaker 6: If we died, we died, if we would have lost the game, I would have died.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, strategy, Yeah, Michigan, Michigan. Michigan probably was more like the halftime speech. And then the next day the next day we went out. Next day we went out and said, allright, you'll want to play on Saturdays. We're gonn play on Sundays. Now, that's before we knew they had our signal. I'm not saying that's what we lost, but like before we knew all the kind of controversy around the games. Man, we went out there Sunday night, we had a Friday game Sunday night. There, my boy Jay Let over there, he's got he's got like canned footage of like I mean, it was I'm talking about how long how long we go for it and a half, like full play, like guys out there defense talking trash of the offense, like like literally twenty four hours after we just played Michigan. And I said, right, if you don't play on Saturdays, if you know, we get down, we're gonna just kind of roll over. Then we'll play on Sundays. And we played, and then we went Friday night to Illinois and we beat Illinois.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so what did the players know that they were going to practice on a Sunday.
Speaker 1: Oh, the coaches didn't know.
Speaker 3: No one knew, No one knew.
Speaker 12: No.
Speaker 1: I literally spent the whole day kind of going back because you know, you don't want to overreact, right, But we had had the Colorado game. The Colorado game was our second game of the year, tough loss, first game against Minnesota, the second game of the year, thirteen to seven with like seven minutes left and we lose thirty six thirteen. Kind of got away from this and I'm like, all right, I'm trying to teach them come back. We beatn Nord, Illinois, beat LA Tech, play Michigan, get down twenty eight to nothing, and it's like darn it, and just I'm not here to have guys. You know, I love these guys too much to let them say ah darn it. So I went back and forth all day and then finally I was like, you know, what would you have done back at Temple before all the before all the stuff right before, you know, everyone's watching what you're doing back at Temple, and we had the Hassan Reddicks and the Dion Dawkins and all those like real dudes. I was like, what we've done back then, we'd have gone out and practiced. And so we went out there and what I saw was these guys come to life. And that's why you know, we went out. We beat Illinois, we beat Northwestern, we beat Purdue. We went a little three game three or four game win streak, three game win streak.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: We got some winners here. I just but literally it was just like me and my heart back and forth, what should I do? Because as a coach, you have to get up there and present like you know what you're doing. But sometimes you're like, man, I don't know what to do right now, because you you don't want someone to get hurt, you don't do the wrong thing, but you also want them to know that you expect more from them other than just if we're gonna lose, we're gonna lose, but we're not gonna We're not gonna lay down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how was that Throughout the year? Obviously you're not feeling the expectation of Nebraska and the fan base and everything else and falling short of like being boeligible, especially when you had a couple of games there at the end to do just that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean we were five and three. You know, it's five and three to finish five and seven, and it's like anything else. Man, it's a double edged sword.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: My heart really hurt for the older guys, right, like they had been through so much, and some of them came back just to help us get to be ball eligible, to be the team that brought us back. I'm out. I'd walk downtown students and say, coach, I came back for another year because I want to go to a bowl game. So I felt that not for me, not expectation, even just how much the players would put into it, and to lose twenty to seventeen, and then to lose thirteen to ten, and then to lose in overtime, and then to lose thirteen ten on the last play to walk off field goals. My heart hurt for those guys cause I really really really appreciated those guys. With that being said, sometimes you can go six and six. You can go to a bowl game and go play in a nice bowl game, be the team you should be finished seven and six. Everybody's walk around smiling like we have like an intensity about us. We have an urgency about us that we might not have had have we have we gone and gotten a little boat, the PlayStation from the bowl game, a nice little job and suit. So I think we I think there's some positives, but we didn't get it done.
Speaker 4: That shows though, you can tell because y'all going five and seven and still being one of the top, having one of the top recruiting classes.
Speaker 3: Talk a little bit about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I think you as you see this place, like you know, and again, facilities don't. What do facilities do? They tell you that football is important here. Our fan base tells people that football is important here, and so we work our tails off. We work hard in recruiting and just to get people here because I think once you get here, like you walk around Lincoln, you go downtown, you see the campus you're like, oh, snap, like this is a really really cool place, and so you know the highlights.
Speaker 12: Lights.
Speaker 1: But you know what, I honestly like, I think the big thing is all along players could see like, hey, my history at Temple, you know, being two and ten, then being six and six, and then back to back you know, top twenty five teams, go back to back conference champions. You know, the top twenty five at different times of the year. Uh, going to Baylor being one and eleven, then being seven and six, then playing in the Sugar Bowl. I think people realize, hey, this is like a coach will try to build it the right way, so to be five and seven, maybe outperform. So I think a lot of young players are like, all right, I see it. I see what they're trying to do. I see how they're doing it, and I think we're gonna just gonna continue. We're gonna continue to crew.
Speaker 4: Well, what do you feel like you've learned the first year coaching being the head coach at University of Nebraska.
Speaker 1: That you know, when I took this job, I was very uncertain, you know, I was very like, nah, you know, you just get fired. You're a little scarred, you know, and I don't really know. I'm a Northeast guy. I was very uncertain, like you know, not in a bad way, just like in h and my wife was like, that's the job. That's the job.
Speaker 3: Go to Nebraska.
Speaker 1: That's the job. Go to Nebraska. So like two weeks in, you know, cause I was living downtown, my family, my kids were finishing school, I called her. I was like, as usual, you were right, like this is a great place. Like I didn't know how good the people were. I didn't know. I mean, this is a place and you know this, but this is a place where like sixteen minutes before the game, everybody's in the stands watching warm ups like they oh, they love the player so much that they want to watch even the guys who aren't going to play, they want to watch them warm up. This is a place that like after the game, winner lose, is going to stand up a cheer for you, probably cheer for the opponent. So it's football done right. And you know, I love the game of football, and this is a place that loves football. So it's like the perfect match for me, a perfect match for my family. And I think that I think that we can be what we're expecting to be gentlemen. I interrupt this episode to bring you a brand near and dear to my heart, and that brand is True Classic. I cannot stress how much i love the way these teas listen. I've been rocking True Classic for almost a year now. Nfortunately, the boys have now came on board to collab with the Fellas on promoting their brand because their shit is so comfortable. Look, Deon Sanders.
Speaker 3: Says the best.
Speaker 6: You look good, you feel good, you feel good, you play good.
Speaker 3: You play good, they pay good.
Speaker 4: I've been the guy looking for tea's where they snug your arms just right. I am the guy that has a little bit of flub. Did you get that, Mitch?
Speaker 3: You get the flub, A little bit of flub.
Speaker 6: That sits on my waistline.
Speaker 4: And you want to find the right classic looking tee that's number one comfortable but fits you right, that snugs, that cuddles up to your arms, that hugs your shoulders, that gives a little bit on your chest to give you a little flowy sensation, to make it seem like you look way more athletic than you actually are. I am that guy, and I'm telling you True Classic, whether you're into polos, v next, crew necks, these T shirts, denim jeans, joggers, superior comfortable, comfortability, superior durability, and superior flexibility.
Speaker 3: I can put, I can load my spine.
Speaker 4: With probably not that heavy, probably one five or two twenty five, because my back's a little my back's a little run down these days. But I could put, I could Barbell Back Squad with a set of their genes on because they are that flexible, their performance is that superior, and they are that durable. Can this has True Classic has the Willy guarantee on it. True Classic also has a guarantee that if it does not fit perfectly, you can send it back for free. They have a spring collection. I don't want to butcher the colors. I don't want to butcher the colors, but they got a spring collection with ten fresh colors that are vibrant and the crew neck, v neck and polo styles from the serene tones of heather sapphire to bould allure of dark orchid. No matter what your mood is, they have a hue for you. Shop True Classic, Shop with the Boys, True Classic.
Speaker 3: The Men's Tea. Back to the episode.
Speaker 9: So you think that's what made your decision easier to leave the NFL and then come back to Nebraska.
Speaker 1: Well, they made the decision for me when they told me to get my ass your your key card will not be working anymore.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 1: But but in all seriousness, you know, I I had I had a chance to go be an assistant coach in the in the NFL, the New York Giants, and had an amazing experience, you know, worked with the old line, the guys like you know, Chris Sneed, Dave Deal, David Boss, like all these great dudes. And I was a young assistant coach. Being a head coach in the NFL. Probably was it really for me. Like I love players, and you're caught there sometimes in like you're the guy, you're cutting guys. You're the guy, and some guys probably can do it way better than me, some guys, you know, maybe like a Verable or someone who's played. I struggled with coaching you, coaching you and then cutting you.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: I you know, I struggled with my family not being a part of it. Like last night, if you'd have been here, the whole team, we have dinner in the Hawks indoor players tell them invite their families, invite their girlfriends, coaches, invite everybody. You know, my daughters are walking around. My wife knows, not just our players, they're rolfriends, their families. Like it's college and it's just a little bit more how I'm wired, it's a little bit more relationship built. So, you know, when when when Carolina didn't work out, it was like, you know what, Hey, I I took a shot at this. It was a great experience. But I really love college football and this is a place that I believe does college football right. You know, we're not we're not using players. We're not we're not bringing them in if they're not good enough, throwing them out. You know, this is a place that really wants to develop guys, and so that kind of matches who I am.
Speaker 3: So did you did you always feel like you was going to be a coach?
Speaker 9: I know, playing linebacker at Penn State and then being a GA at Penn State right after, did you feel like this was your calling to be a coach, being around young men, developing them, developing them and giving them the opportunity to be players in the NFL.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, from the time I was from the time, I was like, I don't know, five, six, seven, eight years old, I want to be a college football coach. It's my wife sometimes she'll say to me, like, man, you're so lucky, Like you know what you want to do your whole life. You know, my dad, My dad's a minister, and he's also but he's also a high school teacher and coach. My uncle's in the pennsylvani high school coach is all the fame. Like my whole life, I always wanted to coach and coach college football.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I never want to coach high school, never really wanted to coach the pros. I wanted to be a college football coach. And I you know, being at Penn State, being around Joe Paternal I wanted to do that. And so being here now, you know, through the through the journey of Temple to Baylor to Carolina here, you know, being at a place that when I walk in every day, I watched walk by five national championship trophies. That's That's something When I was eight years old, I couldn't have even comprehended.
Speaker 4: Talk about the spring league that you've introduced this year, it's been a talk of a couple of my group chats really positive negative positive. A couple like all this is interesting. But dudes talking like, you know, it's something that it's something that changes it up during the spring time.
Speaker 1: You know, spring can be there. Yeah, you know, I tell you what it is. You know, I just I was sitting there one day and I kept thinking about, you know, the history of Nebraska, Tom milesborn. You know, multiple drills going on, multiple fields going on. So we've always tried to do that. You know, in basketball, like you know, you can go play some league, right, you can go play au when you're not in season. Baseball you can go play Wooden bad league. And football you basically just lift, you know, So how do you get better at footballer than playing football? And so you know, we have three quarterbacks. We have Heinrich, who won the starting job halfway through the year. Unbelievable young man, gonna get better and better and better. We have Danny Kalin, the lead eleven quarterback for forty five minutes down the road, Dylan Real let's just you know, on the top recruch in the country. So we have three guys that want to be the quarterback. And I started thinking about, like reps, and I was like, no, we have enough aligneman, we have enough of this, We have enough of that. What if we just divided the team up into thirds and we just played football, Because you know, when when I was growing up, when you guys were growing up, like, yeah, we had video games, you know, but like you guys probably had phones. I didn't, but like we still went out and played a lot. A lot of my guys like that.
Speaker 7: They don't.
Speaker 1: They don't really grow up playing They might have played little basketball, they play a lot of football. And so let's play, let's put the ball down, let's let's have officials, let's let let's just play the game and not just do drills. And so that with a create, the staff turned into the bug Eaters, turned into the Rattlesnake Boys, turning the old gold Knights, taking the old team names, and like it's crazy, like you're trying to tell your guys to be leaders, and guys like nah, I try to keep to myself, and then all a sudden I name someone a GM. Hey you're the GM of this team, and that team doesn't perform, He's like, hey, you're getting cut tomorrow. Bro, Like, hey, if you don't know your like, all of a sudden, you see, let this level of competitiveness come out of our guys. So it's been unbelievably fun.
Speaker 9: And we heard like you involved the injured guys as being the GMS to keep everybody interacted with with the team. And I think that's great, like to do something like that, because let alone, sometimes when you injured, it almost felt like the coaches never talked to you.
Speaker 3: Not so I think that goes a long way too. So I was watching a couple of a couple of highlights back there, I saw you come on, make that tackle.
Speaker 4: I okay, I want to I don't want to jump around asking you about this, but a big reason why you came here with Trev Alberts.
Speaker 3: What was it like the day you got the phone call that he was gonna be moving on to A and M.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, Trev had been really cool with me and kind of talking to me about it beforehand, like hey, this is out there, this could happen you know, for me, for me. So what it was, I was in Scotland, I was playing, I was playing. I took my son on like a little golf trip. My son's a golfer and you know, was graduating high school. He stayed behind in Charlotte so that I could take this job. He was like, hey, so I took me and him father's son trip and I was coming down thirteen and my phone rang and it was Trev and I picked it up and I was like, oh, dang, all right, well, hey, i'll call you later. I appreciate it. Then I went on, I had to go ahead, go ahead and knock that that little bar in something. But in my world, you know of coaching, like people come and go right, like people move on, doesn't we love them? Like I've had different coordinators, I've had different coaches, Like players come, they graduate, players come, their free agents, they move on. And I think the biggest thing is always just to make the most of your time when you're with somebody. So you know, when I got hired, there was a present and there was a ad that hired me.
Speaker 3: That are both gone.
Speaker 1: But I since I've been here, like this is home, Like I love it here, Like my wife opened up a business down in Lincoln. My kids are in school, they're doing well. My son's coming to be a freshman here, like this is where we want to live. So you know, thankfully we hired Troy Dannon, who I've known since way back at Temple. I mean he's a rock star, but uh yeah, it was kind of a little bit of a shock to be honest with you.
Speaker 3: How do the decisions like that like affect your affect you?
Speaker 1: Well, I think the biggest thing is, like, you know, you want to have an A D two things. You want to have an AD who wants you to be the coach. You know what I'm saying, Like, you don't want somebody who's like, yeah, he's the coach. But but things get dicey, I'm moving on and hire my own guy, right Like you want to feel like, hey, this is my guy. Because the one thing I've learned in this job, you can't do this job well if you don't have like a great, great partner and you have to have an AD or a GM or you know whatever who's a great partner with you. And so Trevor is a great partner.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: When I was a Temple, you know, we want ton of against. Pat Craft is now the AD at Penn State was like like my right hand guy, Like we battled through everything together as a Baylor. Mac Rose was like my right hand guy. So Trev I picked coming here partially because he was gonna be my right hand guy when we lost him. Obviously it's frustrating, but I've known Troy, and so when Troy came in the mix, I was like, all right, that's someone that I really believe in. You know, when you win at Tulane, like you know how to get things done to win. And we were sitting up in have a looc at one of the bars and havevloc last year watching Tulane play USC and watching Tulane beat USC and whatever bowl game. It was like, that's mind blowing. So to have that ad here with us, with these resources, I was like, all right, we'll be all right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how much were you involved with that decision? With getting him here?
Speaker 1: With Troy, they asked me for some feedback. They asked me for some names. I gave him three names, and he was one of those names, you know. And obviously, I mean I didn't pick it. You know, Chris Koborick was in and President did all the work on it. But I appreciated them saying like, hey, who would you know? Who would you want? I said, hey, there's probably a lot of guys here's a couple guys. I know, we had just gotten to Washington, obviously getting to Washington, going to the National Championship Game, and then leaving to come here. That that's hard and it'll be hard for him. I think it says a lot about Nebraska though, that someone would be at a place like Washington and want to come here. So they were really good to be through that process, you know, asking me. I'm sure they asked Fred some others, you know, hey, what do you think? But that I knew that Troy was the type of guy that would come here. And the whole thing is always they just put this place on steroids, like we got the best.
Speaker 3: Of the best.
Speaker 1: But like what we do need to do is like we need to like have an urgency, Like we can't just we can't be five and seven. We can't be just an average team in the country. This is the University of Nebraska. Like we're supposed to be here, and we're here right now, and so it's not my fault we're here, it's not anybody's fault we're here. We're just here. But we got to get if it's if we're here in three or four years, then that it is my fault. So having Troy involved makes me feel really good about that.
Speaker 4: Looking for an assistant with your credit card but can't get a hold of anyone. Luckily, with twenty four to seven US based live customer service from Discover, everyone has the option to talk to a real person anytime, day or night. Yes, you heard that right. You can talk to a real human and customer service anytime. Sounds like a real game changer if you ask the boys, make the right call and get the service you deserve with Discover, limitations apply see terms that discovered, dot com, slash credit card. With what Troy getting involved too and the stuff that you got to build with Trev, what do you what areas do you feel like because you got these beautiful facilities? What areas would you say could have been lacking to where it's now? You guys are growing and getting a lot better in those set areas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think what Trev allowed me to do was was go out and hire a big time strength staff with the right amount of people, hire a big time nutrition staff with you know, with the right amount of people. And that that's nothing about aybody that was share before they were they were great coach I'm saying, hiring my people. And you know, I first started, like you know, we had one strength coach and one assist in a temple, and then it was like one strange coach and four assistants. And now we live in a world where like, you better have sports science people, and you better have interns, and you better have you know, you better have a pet and a director of rehab and a director of return to play, And I mean, this is a whole different world now. And so how do you keep players from going into the portal and leaving. They know that they're getting developed, they know they're getting better. I know there was gonna say nil, Yeah, that's part of it obviously, But if you're at a place where you're like, man, I'm getting bigger, I'm getting stronger, my mind's getting better, I'm learning the game of football. If you know you're getting developed, then you're probably gonna stick around, and so putting money and infrastructure into that. We have the best I'm telling you, we're the best nutritionist in the country. She's here, her and her team, they're here. They have two full time chefs just for football who were also dieticians. Like they know every person's food allergy, every person's want. We have five guys doing Ramadan like they're here at they're here at four point thirty four to forty five making food for those guys so they can eat before first prayer. They're giving them food at night like they are the they are the best nutrition staff country. That's not cheap, that's not easy.
Speaker 3: Way to go.
Speaker 1: Hire them from the SEC and bring them here so travel out us to do all that stuff. The key to me is putting the right people in this building. And if you have the right people in this building, that will track and retain really good players.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I was just kind of like, hell, yeah, no, that was that's real.
Speaker 9: Like you gotta surround your You gott to surround your athletes with the right people. That's the only way you can make the program better. And I feel that I wish I'll play for Nebraska.
Speaker 6: They get you juiced stuff right.
Speaker 4: Talk So like did you bring so you talked about the n I n I L deal being from going to the temple temple not having that and now having that, How does that change your coaching your recruit Like how is it because you old school now to this new school where it's crazy and it's not really police.
Speaker 1: So it's it's I think it's one of the good things for me that I was in the NFL and I up with the whole free agent process, right. Like my whole thing in that time was like, hey, when it gets to the end of the season, like you handle your money like you handle you, you handle you. Once you agree to your contract or you're with us, then you're with us. And like that was always my thing. So when a player was like, hey, you know, I'm going to do this for my contract, I understood it because I was like, you know, I've I've had probably seven or eight different contracts. I've been head coached four different times with you know, renegotiations. I probably had seven eight contracts. Like, when it comes time for that, it's time for that. So coming into the world of NIL, when a player is seeking to get what's theirs, I have no fundamental issue with that. If it starts to bleed over into well, if I don't get this, I'm not doing that. That's not how you It's not how you do things in the NFL, other than you know, if you're holding out, which is different. But I'm saying like you know, you have to have your business side and you have to have your other side. And so we're preparing our guys for life, and we're preparing for the National Football League and so everything they do, from how they recover to taking notes and meetings to their mindset to now how you handle the business part of it is something that I want to be the best at. So yeah, it's definitely different what I did see when I was in the NFL when we draft to sit young players, I saw some guys with a lot of talent who at a couple of schools. I was like, man, they really didn't coach you very hard today because they were so afraid that maybe that person was going to end up in the portal. And you know what, like, I'm sorry, if you want to be great, you got to get coached hard. If you want to be great, you need to be coached hard. And what I mean by that is when it's right, it's right, When it's wrong it's wrong. When you do it right, MAYB, we're going to celebrate when you do it wrong. We're not going to celebrate when.
Speaker 3: You do it wrong.
Speaker 1: Again, We're going really we're going to talk about it. And when I'm wrong, and I think that's one of the things I do best as a head coach. When I'm wrong, then I'm gonna talk about it too. I'm gonna stand up front team, like I messed this up, guys. And so being in a program that doesn't push guys like that, they become fifth round draft picks instead of first round draft picks. And we're trying to produce first round draft picks. And you know, when I talked to Dion Dawkins, when I talked to some of those guys that I coached in college, they're still telling funny stories. I don't even remember, Like you remember the time you did this, Remember the time you do that. I probably did do that, Like you're doing a coach poll anyone I'm watching you.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: But but but they need to be pushed, they need to be developed. And so think about everything I've talked about. You give them the best facilities, You put the best people around them that are helping them and protecting them. But then you have a high standard form. They gotta want those things. And then at the same time, when you have an opportunity, you know, if NIL can help take care of them, then we take care of them, and you know, that's why I believe. That's why I believe they we're always going to be successful. And what we've seen in two years is not many guys want to leave, you know, they want to be here. There's a difference between someone who's like, hey, coach, I'm not playing, I'd love to go play at this way. We've helped more guys do that. We love those guys, but no one's saying, hey, I want to go leave because you know I'm up said about this or that.
Speaker 4: Do you feel like do you feel like Nebraska and everybody around the state understands the importance of nil So I know last year there were a couple of clips going around, not of you pushing that note of you pushing saying people don't but people having the expectation of quarterback play. Hey, starting quarterback, it costs, it costs that or you need the you need the level of support out there to match the level of expection of expectation.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like that's happening here?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I got I had some coaches. I had some coaches. I had some coaches across the country hit me up like, hey man, how do you go put.
Speaker 3: That out there.
Speaker 1: But I was like, it's the reality, right, Like, that's that's the that's the problem in my mind. That's the problem with NILS. It's not transparent like in the NFL, as you guys know, if an agent would have called us and been like, hey, you know what for Will Compton? You know, I've got I've already got three years, you know, eight million a year? You know, could you guys do eight point five? And then we're like, now we can't pull the trigger on that. And all of a sudden we see he signs three years for four million a year, and we know that agent lied to us. Then we're never doing business with him again, you know. So so the NFL is so transparent because you see the contracts afterwards. In the NIL world, it's all kind of hidden. So yeah, I I forget what you just asked me.
Speaker 3: Bro the uh yeah, Nebraska.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The support of the level of support matching the expectations.
Speaker 1: So my point has always been like, hey, let's let's keep it all out there, let's make it, let's put it all out there and say, you know, like there's teams that we that we're going to face that spend twenty million dollars on their football team twenty to twenty five million dollars in the football team. So you know a lot of people will tell me like I don't believe in ANIL, and I'm like, well, it's it's not something to believe in or not.
Speaker 3: It's real.
Speaker 1: It's here, like, it's it's what it is. So I'm always like, hey, if you want us to finish first, then then let's put first, like first first, and everything first, coaching staff for salary pool, first, facilities first, ANIL. There's a reason why in the NFL to have parody they have a salary cap, and there is really no salary cap in college right now. So I think we're heading in the right direction. I think it's hard for some people to sometimes understand, like, you know, what are we doing here? To me, investing in young people's never wrong, Like everyone has this thing of like, wow, kids are gonna wait. You know what, I'm only where I'm at in my life because people have invested in me and given me opportunities. So if we can help young people on our team have opportunities for name, image and lightness, then I'm one hundred percent for it.
Speaker 3: And if we want to win.
Speaker 1: We better do it at a really high level.
Speaker 3: Do you got anything else? Go ahead, No, I'm solid. I wanted to talk about this.
Speaker 4: I know in Temple you was what the first coach to have two consecutive ten game wins since nineteen seventy nine, and you talked about some of them players like and are you trying to bring that mentality here to Nebraska?
Speaker 3: Correct, Like that's that's what you're looking for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know the way we played football at Temple. I mean, I love Temple. I love Temple University, Temples in Temples in North Philadelphia. That's a real neighborhood with great people that you go to Temple. You're a tough person. You grew up in a tough place. You put your feet on concrete every day, you know. So we had to play football that way, so like we were going to hit you, we were going to strike you. We kept track of like the amount of times a team we played lost the next week, Like we always kept track of that score. We're trying to beat you on Saturday and then have you lose again next Saturday. And so we played football that way and what that allows us to do because we practiced that way and lifted that way. You know what, we had a lot of guys come in with one star recruits, no star recruits who went on to play pro football, played in Canada, played in the NFL because they got they got trained. And when you have a team like Temple and you beat Vanderbilt at Vanderbilt, you know, coming off a seven win season, when you beat Penn State for the first time in seventy four years, it's only because your players have put put the work in. And we went to Baylor. Baylor was a little different. We were a little more spread. We still played good defense. When we came here, we were like, where can we go that we can? But people love defense, people will love special teams, people will love practice. People won't think that working hard is you know, is a is a punishment? You know, like like there's people that paid money to go cross fit. They call it CrossFit, right they do, like, this isn't punishment, this is we're investing in you. Where can we go? And Nebraska seemed like that. You know, they believe in the run game, they believe in being physical, they believe in defense. So I believe that this is like the way we were at Temple, but just with way more resources and way, way way more opportunities, and so that's what made this job. So that's why my wife kept saying, like you need to go there, like like where else are you gonna go that? That's gonna play football the way you really want to play it deep down inside, because deep down inside, I want to play football that way. I want I want the game to be nine on seven, you know. So you know I love having great quarterbacks. You know you've met a couple of them. I want to throw the ball around and be fun, but at the end of the day, I want to win the physical battle. And that's why I loved my time at Temple, and that's what I believe Nebraska will let us do.
Speaker 4: We interrupt this episode to bring you Sam's Selects. Emmy Award winning actor Sam Richardson is back and pure Michigan in his hometown of Detroit, just in time for the twenty twenty four draft. All Detroit is on the clock, and Sam's suicided is so excited that he is doing a draft of his own. Detroit is a great sports town with four major pro sports teams and tons of upcoming sporting events and unique teams join Sam as he takes you to some of his top picks in the city, showcasing the unmistakable Detroit swagger you won't find anywhere else.
Speaker 3: Sam highlights the.
Speaker 4: City sports culture, old school favorites, and some exciting new businesses that prove everything is possible in Detroit. NFL legend and style like Barry Sanders even drops by to help Sam get suited for the draft. Check out Sam Selects and see why Michigan is such a great place to live, work and play at michigandt at Michigan dot org. Forward slash twenty twenty four draft. Check out Sam Selects again at Michigan dot org. Forward slash twenty twenty four Draft. Back to the episode, I.
Speaker 9: One more question. You've been from New York. How is Nebraska band from New York? Like the different?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no doubt. You know, before I took this job, I wanted to come out and see it. And I think it's the number one thing that happens in recruiting, Like you first hear I will recruit a kid from Miami, recruit kid from anywhere. And you're here in Nebraska and you think, honestly, you did like Cornfield on a campus, right, And remember when I was in the I was in the Big twelve. You know, you go to Oklahoma State and it was like a little downtown and then a big stadium. So I thought it was gonna be that. And my wife and I were like, I don't know about that. We came here and we went down, we drove around the Haymarket, we drove down O Street, and I was like, this is like a city. I mean, it's not a big city, but this is like a big town or a small city. I was like, if I can't recruit here, you know where can I recruit?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: We started driving around looking at you know, the town overall. I mean it's man, it's like eight or nine public high schools right here in Lincoln. And then you know, you drive forty minutes, forty five minutes to Omaha, and Omaha is one of the coolest cities that people don't know about, one of the coolest cities in the Midwest.
Speaker 3: Like you come back here.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you ever went to the College World Series. The College World Series, I thought I was in like it's like a mixture of like the NCAA Final Four Marty Gras all in one. I'm like, this is unbelievable and great concerts and great so so. Yeah, it's not New York City, but the people here love football. It's safe.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: There's not a place in town where I'm like, my mom, there's not a place here in Lincoln. I'm like, hey, guys, don't go there, don't go here. It's a it's the people here care about the team, they care about people. It's safe, it's close to everything.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: We're in the big ten now that goes from east coast to west coast, but we only have a two and a half hour flight here, a two and a half hour. Other guys are gonna be swinging five six hours west coast to east coast, East coast to west coast, like we're in the center part of the country. A quick flight to Chicago, two hour drive to Kansas City. I came here and I was like, you know, Lincoln, Lincoln's Lincoln's what I was kind of looking for. A big city, not just a college town. It's a state capitol and omahas fire. I don't care what people say. It's got a great restaurants. Seen so I've really really really enjoyed it. I still like going back to New York City. Everyone's while getting on the subway and you know, I need a little fixing. But but but I've loved I've loved being able to be here and be out in the in the on a farm and then be downtown at a nice restaurant, you know, twenty minute difference.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Dylan was talking about the Matt drills and talking how serious those were. Some coaches do away with the Matt drills, yep, especially in this day and age. Yeah, but you got them alivea you got them alive.
Speaker 1: And well, you know what's really cool for me is there was like a Twitter thread and it was players you know, Jarreed works for me over here, but that played for us at Western Carolina, I don't know, twenty years ago, and players from Temple and players from Baylor and the players from here, and they were all they were all making basically making fun of me, you know, because I run the mat drill like it ain't like I'm like and like I show up, I sit in the Matt drill, I'm the first row. Like I run the Matt drill. And sat who's my OC? Who has been with me at Western End Temple. He's the next guy. And then who did the mat drels as a player, he's one of the guys. So like, if you're coaching the Matt drill, if you're on the mat, like you either went through it or you're you know, you're kind of ou from way back when. So yeah, but to me, it's a rite of passage. And we have a player at m J. Sherman here. You know, he came from the University of Georgia, won national championships, you know, and at first was like kind of like why are we doing this? Coach in a very respectful way, but struggled with it, and he had an interview the other day and he was like, you know what, I would ever want to go through the Matt drills again, but a Matt dreel mixed men will make a man out of you. And yeah, you can go out there and you can do you football drills only and you can run around bags and all that. But like all the research, I don't care if you listen to David Goggins, Jock o' willink you read all the research says that our brains get better, they get stronger when we do things we don't want to do. We have to.
Speaker 3: We have to.
Speaker 1: We can't get saturated with dopamine where everything's at our fingertips and you have to earn and do hard things every single day, not as punishment but actually as a reward for yourself. So the Matt drills, man, they're just eight times the standards unbelievably high. If you don't do it, we're doing it again the next morning. And when they graduate and come through that, the goal is some day someday we take the field and our guys look at the other team and they were like, you know what, there's no way you paid the same price we played. There's no way you're out there for three hours in the spring wak like we are. There's no way you have six am meetings. There's no way you do Matt drills and then do position work afterwards.
Speaker 3: There's just no way.
Speaker 1: And if you do, then let's have a good game. And so that's we're not there yet, but we're pushing it towards that. And look at dyling, five star recruit, you know, quarterback, you know, should he lay out and dive in the Matt drills, he gets out there he's doing it. You know, he's doing it, and they will eventually have a brotherhood where they all like, hey, we all did it.
Speaker 3: I love that. Oh how do how Nash to dominate? Huh yeah, you don't want to go with the mid ball.
Speaker 1: You know, and and and and In fairness, this year, you know, we didn't have Nash to do anything but that. You know, hey, you know it's funny with that.
Speaker 3: He he he uh he uh.
Speaker 1: And the one Chasing three we did that little we do those little episodes, a little document and he saw about wrestling and he was like his dad said yeah, like he was excited to finally get back to that type of training where you really push yourself. And I was like, oh, so he was trying to say wrestling is harder than football. He was like no, no, no, but he told me he's like, coach is just And our defensive staff went over and watched wrestling and they came back and they were like, you know, all right, we got it. Whatever, he's doing enough, And I God blessed him. Like he showed up every day to match chees with his cleats on, his shirt on, and I'd be like standing on the side and he'd watch, but he was there for his brothers, you know, Like, but what he was going through was it was tough, man Like, oh yeah, what he was going through was tough. You know, he was losing weight and still lifting and training with us and then going out and fighting for the wrestling team. I mean, you know, we have three guys running track. We have one guy running, one guy did wrestling. I mean, we we kind of got some.
Speaker 3: Multi sport afftime dunk contest fire.
Speaker 1: That was I got dunk. Emitt went up to dunk and he hit me in the back of the head. But I was out there for him, you know. So But you know what, I think that's so cool for our guys, right, Like it's one thing to get a bunch of publicity, like for like, you know, for your name. It's anoh thing. Can you get publicity for like what you do? And those guys, whether whether they're giving you back to the community or they're dunking a basketball halftime, Like, it's way different dunking a basketball in at the Intramural Center than in front of like fifteen thousand people in your heartreach jumping out of your you know.
Speaker 3: But you know they look good.
Speaker 1: It was they were throwing it down. Yes, FERDONI was, you know, FERDONI coming off two way cls. I mean that went from the foul line, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 1: It was really fun to see those guys go out there and get that done.
Speaker 9: Bro.
Speaker 4: Well, coach O, we appreciate your time. I don't feel like I had one other thing. Oh well, uh Heinrich. We get a pet peeve. We asked him what he loves about coaching a pet peeve about it's pet peeve? Is uh what was this pet peeve?
Speaker 6: Basically, you get started on something, you're like, hey, it's gonna be guys, just.
Speaker 4: A quick little message, quickly, two minute message. It turns into like fifteen minutes and then you get the rambling about some story.
Speaker 3: Because you say you got to go to class. I'm trying to get the class and running.
Speaker 1: Text N tell them to see him the office. No, it's funny because like they I can see the guys imitate me, and it's like, I don't realize I do some of the things I do. But like the guys that bailor would imitate me. They'd be like, we're gonna go here, and then I see these guys doing the same invitation. I'm like, I must really do that. I guess I really do that.
Speaker 3: Well, Coach.
Speaker 1: We appreciate your time, Nah, I appreciate you guys being here though. That means a lot that you guys are.
Speaker 3: Here, so so I for lett you down in Memphis, you know what.
Speaker 1: The fact that you're here and the fact that we got the live show tonight, like that's gonna be wear in the jersey.
Speaker 3: If I can fit into it, you can fit in.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know they had to stretch it back in the day.
Speaker 6: You know that would have been a different story.
Speaker 3: But appreciate you