Speaker 1: Wow, Hey everybody, It's Monday, October fourteenth, twenty twenty four. Welcome to the NFL Fantasy Football Show, where we're wondering exactly what is a bubb means to me? Your man NAMG Marcus Grant, joined by Michael f. Florio and Lakwan Jones. We are most of the way through Week six, still a Monday night game to go in Florida.
Speaker 2: This is kind of a big sports day for you on this Monday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I will be at Mets Dodgers. If you think one bad loss is going to ruin my spirit, I've been through so many bad met losses in my life and then Bill's Jets for first place in the AFC, So today could be a great day, or you guys are just not going to see and hear from me for twenty four hours half. I don't know which way it's gonna go, So just.
Speaker 2: Be aware, folks.
Speaker 1: If you don't see Michael f Floria around here for a couple of days, that means his Monday did not go very well. Well.
Speaker 3: Kudos to you, though, Marcus, Kudos to you. The Dodgers ball down.
Speaker 1: It was a good game one. There's still a long way to go in the series. We'll see how things go, but we will put out a wellness check if the Mets and Bills both lose on Monday night, to make sure that you are okay. Speaking of what is okay and what is not, we're gonna go through the biggest takeaways from week six. We'll have our waiver wire, of course, and we're gonna play a little bit of real or mirage with some guys who put up some big numbers.
Speaker 2: We're gonna find out whether or not we think these can continue.
Speaker 1: But let's start, as we always do, with some fantasy headlines.
Speaker 2: And big one.
Speaker 1: After what we saw in London this past week, Travis Eten left the game with a hamstring injury. Lakwan, it seemed very convenient that his leaving with a hamstring injury was after he put the ball on the ground and it worked out it was ruled an incomplete pass and not a fumble. But Lakwan, we have seen a trend recently of Etn being outplayed by Tank Bigsby. Now there's this hamstring injury. We'll see how long it sort of lingers. But is Etn in danger of losing his job with.
Speaker 4: The Jaguars, absolutely, because we're on the same frequency. It was just so convenient this hamstring came out of nowhere after that fumble. But more so we're looking at you know, Tank Bixby and how he's been playing these last couple of weeks, and like, I'm not gonna look at the last game and you know against the Bears, just based on they kind of gave up in that first half like it was always it was like basically the writing was on the wall that the game was over and the Bears were about to run away with it. But more so looking at next week they got the Patriots, This is a game that Tank basically could show up, show whow, get in between the tackles, rush outside, and be explosive all around as the lead back. But more so you have to worry about the Ernest Johnson as well as getting snaps. So it looks like Travis Etn going to be sidelined for for some time with this hamstring injury. Maybe who knows, but more and so looking at this backfield, it just looked better functioning with these two running backs, Tank Bixby taken up with the head, so Etn managers, I definitely would be a little bit worried right now.
Speaker 1: Bigsby this past week of Florio not a great stat line, seven carries for twenty four yards, did not have a catch in the ballgame. But all things consider, if ETN is missing time is I won't say is he a must start? But how good do you feel about getting Bigsby in the your lineup?
Speaker 3: It's matchup dependent, like this week against the Patriots. If ETN is out and I'm sitting ETN whether he plays or not this week, But if ETN is out, then I think Bigsby is someone you want to start because they'll already be in London. That's a huge advantage that they have over the Patriots who now have to fly to London. Patriots have been really struggling on defense. You can put up numbers against them. But to Lakwan's point, Deeranis Johnson got all of the passing reps because for some reason they just do not trust Tank Bigsby in the passing game. So he's very gamescript dependent because games where they fall behind and are in catchup mode, it could look a lot like it did yesterday where Tank bigs He gave you like two and a half fantasy points. So the best case scenario, as bad as Travis Etn has been, is et gets healthy and continues to get that workload because he is the only one that they trust to do both run on the ground and be used in the passing game. Otherwise it's kind of they're splitting it, and that's not great for fantasy purposes.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 1: The other part of this is the Jaguars offense just has not been great. So whoever it is we're plugging in is going as part of an offense. It's just is not moving the ball and scoring a whole lot of points. A couple of other injury notes to pay attention to. Marvin Harrison Junior left the Cardinals game against Backers on Sunday with a concussion.
Speaker 2: We'll keep an eye on him as he goes through the protocol.
Speaker 1: Dallas Goddard was ruled out of the Eagles game with a hamstring injury, so we will see what is up with him as it goes along. But it's nice to see aj Brown Devanta Smith back in action for Philadelphia. But we'll see how long this issue could keep Dallas Goddard out of action. Let's take a look at some of the week's top scores. Of course, the Monday night game still pending. Caleb Williams looking solid for the Bears over in London, two hundred and twenty six passing yards, four passing touchdowns, did have the interception, which was the first thing he talked to Stacy Dale was about after the game, but fifty six rushing yards as well, nearly twenty nine points for him. Sean Tucker comes out of nowhere? Would you call him the King Tuck? I think is what you call him on Twitter? Look wi on Sunday one hundred and thirty six rushing yards other fifty six receiving yards, had a touchdown thirty four point two points for him. Chris Godwin having a day eleven for a buck twenty five and two tudies thirty five and a half points there. Cole Commets making London kids forget about Marcedes Lewis and the annals of great tight ends five catches, seventy yards and two touchdowns twenty four points. Jake Bates for the Lions four mayfield goals, five pats and the Lions dst four sacks, five takeaways at nine points allowed eighteen fantasy points as the Lions demolish the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Everyone came from three teams like all scores.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, Bears, Bucks, Lions, that was and two of them in the same division. The NFC North is looking like a problem right now. That good how get those teams are? But I look and we're gonna talk some individual fantasy heroes, lakwan, I guess, I guess we keep it going in the the NFC North.
Speaker 4: Yes, finally Keenan Allen shows up and puts up some big fantasy points. Man, Like, I don't know how long I've been waiting for this because all suwhere we're trying to figure out which wide receiver we should get. It's a DJ Moore's a Roma Doons and I've stuck with the state bet that it would be Keenan Allen. But he finally showed up. And I think it has a lot to do with Caleb Williams and how he's playing right now. And I think we'll get into Cayleb Williams later in the show, but more so looking at how Keenan Allen caught his passes double tapped in the end zone, This is great news for a lot of fantasy managers that had him on the bench. He was on bench row almost about to be dropped by some managers, and that would be me because other guys were just performing better. But more so, this is great that he has shown some life and hopefully Cayla Williams can still keep on playing at a top level and Keenan Allen keeps on finding himself in the end zone.
Speaker 1: I know it is the thing that Adam Rank talked about during the week. You know, he'd had conversations. He does his podcast, which you can check out. But some of the other guys told him this was going to be the Keenan Allen week, and sure enough it was, with a pair of touchdowns for him Floria. I guess we can talk about somebody not in the NFC North for once. I guess if we have to.
Speaker 3: I was so happy to have aj Brown back, who was not only the player that I drafted the most in the first round this year, but I was making some bold claims, saying like I'd rather have this guy than justin Jefferson. And Week one looks great and then he pulls his hamstring at practice and we don't see him for a month. But Aj Brown has played two games this year, he is averaging twenty three Fantasy points per game. He has at least nine targets in both of them, over one hundred and fifteen yards and a touchdown in each of those games. I know his end of season numbers are going to get hurt by these injuries, but on a per game basis, AJ Brown has a chance to be the wide receiver won this year, largely because partly because some of the other big names that we're going ahead of him aren't quite living up to expectations, but also because this guy is just bawling out. He's one of the best deep receivers in the NFL, and now he has an OC that is building his offense around getting the deep ball and getting to AJ Brown and really getting him going downfield. So I feel great about AJ Brown moving forward. And yeah, if you have him, obviously you're starting him each and every week. But it was worth the wait to get AJ Brown back.
Speaker 1: It was so nice to go through and set lineups this week and say, like, oh, AJ Brown, I can put him back, Oh, right, Devinta Smith can put him back in. Like that was so refreshing. It was so nice to be able to like, slide those guys back into the lineup and nice to see them produce as well. Normally I tend to go off menu with my fantasy hero looking at the list of the top scorers, but this time I just had to shout out Caleb Williams for not only what he did this past week against the Jaguars, but for what he's been doing the last couple of weeks leading this Chicago Bears offense. Remember after the first two games, people were like, oh, Caleb Williams, I don't know, maybe he's overrated. It's almost like we should wait more than two games before we make a judgment on any player in the National Football League. But you look back over the last three weeks, Caleb Williams with seven touchdown passes, just one interception. And yes, he's done it against some defenses that aren't particularly great. It's been the Rams, the Panthers, and the Jaguars. But so what the fact is, you can only play who you can play. The Bears offense looks like it's coming together. We have seen Caleb get time to throw, we have seen him make some just baller throws. And a thing that I loved yesterday was seeing him run with the football as well, getting you fifty six rushing yards. That is no small feat. One of the things that I said about him, that a lot of people said about him is that when he runs, he's not gonna run the way Jayden Daniels or Lamar Jackson does. He is going to run sort of the way Patrick Mahomes does. He will do it to make plays or do it to keep the sticks moving, and when he sees an opening, he will take off.
Speaker 2: He saw a lot of that against Jacksonville in Week six.
Speaker 1: Hopefully it continues, especially because you look at the Bears upcoming schedule, it is pretty nice. They have a buy coming up this week. But then they go to Washington, they go to Arizona, So a couple of nice games for Caleb Williams in a chance for him to kind of keep this run going a little bit.
Speaker 3: Please tell me that Bears Commanders is an island game.
Speaker 2: That is a good question. No, it is not, at least not.
Speaker 1: Of not as of yeahs, because of now it is early games one day in week eight. Yeah, it's part of the for us out here in the West Coast. It's the ten am game, the one pm game on the East Coast for now. For now, that's an opportunity yeah here, And it's our flexing game yet because if so, that'd be nice to maybe flex that one into Sunday night.
Speaker 2: I don't know if they can do that yet. Anyway, those are our fantasy heroes for the week.
Speaker 1: Let's look at some of our big takeaways as we zoom out to thirty thousand feet. What did you learn from what you saw on Sunday?
Speaker 4: Look on, Oh, man, Joe Mixon is back on track. Almost messed that up, but man, I definitely feel though this is what the Texans offense has been missing, like this was literally the missing piece that their run game because it was god awful, you know, the last couple of weeks that Joe Mixon missed. But it's good to see that business is back on track with him putting up one hundred plus yards because we saw in week one put up one to fifty nine, which is still in the most yards, second most yards in the game. When we're looking at Joe Mixon, how he's just so explosive at the returning back from this ankle injury. And I think the train just keeps on going with Joe Mixon. I think this is going to be one of his best seasons. You know, he did get injured, but if he stays healthy the rest of the season, I don't see how he's not a top three running back in this league, just based on how this Texans offense is hitting on all cylinders when he's in the game.
Speaker 1: I mean, it just felt like Houston was maybe the best possible fit for him after it looked like he was gonna leave Cincinnati, and when we have seen him healthy, he's been amazing. I mean, cam Akers, Dario Ogenbiwalle, I mean, they sort of fit within a role. But I was saying yesterday it makes them more predictable. I think when when you have cam Akers out there, you are you can bet they're going to run the ball.
Speaker 2: When it's Ogen Biwalle, you can pretty much bet they're going to throw the ball.
Speaker 1: Jill makes It gives them a little bit more flexibility there, Floria. We said, if Laporter Sam Laporter didn't do big things, is it panic time? He did a big thing, like literally one big thing. So how are we feeling about him now?
Speaker 3: Uh? In the moment he catches that fifty two yard touchdown and You're like, Wow, he has outscored his four previous games in just one play. Then you think about it and you're like, oh, one play beat every other game he had this year. And then you look at the box score and you're like, oh, that was the only target he had all game. Yeah, I am worried that. Yes, it was a fifty two yard touchdown. His loan target came on a trick play where like four other players touched the ball, and then you look at it. He he was behind in targets, behind not only the running like Jamison Williams and a Monro Saint Brown and Jamier Gibbs what you expect, but Khalif Rayman and Tim Patrick had more targets than him, and Laporta is averaging just three targets per game right now through five weeks. So I am still worried about him. I think this is a cell high window now, Like people are gonna see that play, They're gonna remember laporter from last year, know how bad tight end is. If you could flip him right now, Like I've been in talks about sending a package of like Laporta and another wide receiver on my team for David Montgomery or something like that, like try to get rid of Laporta.
Speaker 2: This week if you could sell high.
Speaker 1: I think what's wild is that in a game where the Lions scored forty seven points, I'm on, Aron Saint Brown and Sam Laporta combined for five catches for eighty nine yards. I mean, they just had a touchdown, which was sort of nice, but they were not really the focal point of the offense for the Lions. Yeah, from on, Rod, don't think we're really concerned for Sam Laporta. I think we are very concerned. But I guess me to my point, which is that, aside from Loporda, tight ends might be starting to put some things together for fantasy managers. You did have a lot of big games this week at the position Cole Comet, George Kittle, Evan Ingram, Trey McBride, brock Bauer's always sixteen points. Mark Andrews gets in the end done, he gets you fifteen points. But even going back to last week, Tucker Kraft got to twenty four, brock Bauers over twenty, George Kittle over twenty, You had you know, Isaiah Likely with you know whatever. That was sort of a weird game, but Travis Kelce getting targets, Kyle Pitts getting targets. So the first month plus has been abysmal at the tight end position.
Speaker 2: But it does feel like maybe guys.
Speaker 1: Are starting to wake up and they're starting to get integrated a little bit more.
Speaker 2: Maybe it was just the circumstances.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to complain because we've been hurting for any kind of production at that position. So maybe, just maybe the tour, they are starting to turn the corner for fantasy production.
Speaker 2: We back, Yeah, we are back, at least we hope we will be back.
Speaker 1: In just a second, We're gonna come back and talk about some waiver wire guys and a little bit of real or mirage. That's next on the NFL Fantasy Football Show. Let's take a look at this week's waiver wire options Florida. Who should we be checking for in Week seven?
Speaker 3: Check for Kirk Cousins and Caleb Williams, who are both still just under sixty percent roster. Daniel Jones continues to run and he gets a good matchup against the Eagles next week. And for you deeper league players or two quarterback league players, Drake may I know it wasn't the prettiest game, but it was productive. And Spencer Rattler, if you're in a two quarterback league, check if Bucky Irving is out there, because he still floats around just about sixty percent rostered right now. Sean Tucker, I think is worth taking a shot on after what he did. Jalen Warren is back for the Steelers, and then Isaac Grendo and case Jordan Mason cannot play next week, and Tyd Chandler. I know it's a tough matchup, but Aaron Jones did get hurt the last time we saw the Minnesota Vikings, so make sure to keep an eye on him. Christian Watson and Romeo Dobbs they played really well. Jordan Love is balling out right now, and Wix got hurt. Xavier Lagett caught a touchdown. Rashad Bateman is probably playing a little bit better as of late than he is getting credit for a couple of colts with Alec Pearce and Josh Downs. Damario Douglas had a lot of targets from Drake May. I don't think that should be ignored. Kate Aughton continues to bring a safe floor. Zach Ertz is tied to one of the greatest quarterback prospects, at least statistically speaking, that we've seen in quite some time. And then Jay Beyond Sanders don't look now. He was second in targets and yards for the Panthers in Week six.
Speaker 1: I have been kind of keeping an eye on Jatavian Sanders like he was sort of my deeply like back pocket sort of situation. We'll see what happens. Didn't want to ask though, about Bucky Irving and Lakwan. I'll direct this to you because you are big on King Tuck. Da White is still there. There was some talk from Todd Bowles earlier on Monday that Tucker could work in making this a three man backfield.
Speaker 2: This this feels like worst case scenario one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean Rashard White might pull an endgame where mister Stark I don't feel so good, Like he might be beating a way out of the backfield because King Tuck Sean Tucker might be a real thing. Like the numbers he put up looked like Derrick Henry numbers man, Like. This is not something that I think is going to go away. Because Sean Tucker right now, even with his limited abilities. He's one of the best in between tackle runners right now when it comes to rushing yards over expected. So Bucky Irwin will have his role still in cement being that he might be the more passed down catching back. But Sharton Tucker man have a day man like seriously putting up the numbers that he put up in this limit of the time that he has had opportunity. For shod Wait is in danger for his job just based on these two running backs showing up and showing out and showing that they have the ability to push this rushing game forward. I don't know if for Shad White is going to be turning back anytime soon, but I don't know if he's going to return back to valuable touches in his backfield. When you have two guys showcasing their talents the way they've been doing it these last couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, that's a perfect way to get to real or mirage as we talk about some guys who went big and whether or not they can keep it going and Florida, I will ask you about Sean Tucker. I mean, what we saw is it real, is it viable or is it a product of him sort of playing in garbage time when the Bucks were starting to run away with that thing against Spencer Ratler and the Saints.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna call mirage here. I'm not doubting like Tucker and his talent and everything like that, but prior to yesterday, he had three touches on this season, and like you said, look a couple of big runs, but it was a game that was largely out of hand. I think this is worst case scenario for Bucky Irving and Rashad White because if it's three backs getting involved, I don't want really any part of that for fantasy. But I don't think Rashad White is just going to go away either. So I think you take a shot on Sean Tucker see if he could build on this. But I'm not going to be spending a ton of fab or anything like.
Speaker 2: That on him. One thing I learned yesterday there is a Sean Tucker hive. Man.
Speaker 1: He started bawling, and like all of a sudden, all these people were just like, yeah, man, I don't doubt that.
Speaker 2: People always believe I just I just didn't know a thing existed, that's all. I was just surprised.
Speaker 1: I was just surprised that a thing like that existed in Baltimore. Is a Flowers with a couple of big games back to back. I know a lot of folks saw this so at least predicted this one coming this week against the Commanders. But I mean, kwan as we look around and we've all been frustrated by the Ravens tight ends, but be that Zay Flowers is the pass catcher we want in Baltimore.
Speaker 4: Yes, this is real, just based on the back to back career high as he's had. I mean, this is honestly working. Like I'm liking this new identity that the Ravens have on offense right now. They're probably one of the best offenses in the NFL right now based on this rushing attack with King Henry back there, Lamar Jackson playing some of his best football right now. And when Lamar's playing his best football, as you could see, Zay Flowers becomes more electric as the drives go on. So I think more so if you have Zay Flowers, you're sitting there happy that you're able to get him where you got him in draft. But I think this may be a real thing for the rest of the season. They show fuel confident about Jay Flowers and those starting lineups.
Speaker 1: Last two games, twenty one targets, sixteen catches, two hundred and forty three receiving yards for Jay Flowers.
Speaker 2: Still just the one touchdown.
Speaker 1: Way back in Week two, but you gotta figure with this sort of target another touchdown is probably coming for him.
Speaker 3: He had a career high in yards yesterday. It all came in the first half.
Speaker 1: Insane, that's wild, Yes, exactly wild. I mentioned sight ins I think starting to wake up. Evan Ingram might be the hero we have been asking for for a wild ten catches, I mean immediately comes back and gets a ton of opportunity.
Speaker 2: And we saw this last year.
Speaker 1: But I mean I gotta asked because in the year where tight ends have been frustrating us, is this for real with Evan Ingram?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I will say I obviously was a big doubter of Evan Ingram and so far this year. Look, Week one wasn't great. Then he got hurt and missed a bunch of time. But we do know that he is a favorite of Trevor Lawrence's. And if you were getting consistent volume at the tight end position, you are real and you are worth starting. So Yeah, Evan Ingram ten catches one hundred and two yards. I know he had a fumble, but he was clearly someone that Trevor Lawrence was making a conscious effort to get the ball to and him and Brian Thomas Junior are making it tougher and tougher. Now, it seems to trust Christian Kirk because the bar for tight end is so much lower that I'm going to start Evan Ingram if I have him, Whereas for a wide receiver, I think it might be time to try to get away from Kirk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, it's just I don't know. I feel like because he and Evan Ingram sort of exist within the same area on the field, you know, I'm gonna lean with the tight end just because, as you mentioned, the bar for a quality tight end start is so much lower than it is for a quality wide receiver start. We know Brian Thomas has the downfield opportunities sort of on lock in this offense, so we'll see.
Speaker 2: Also, just again, Jaguars offense just not what we want it to be. Too much.
Speaker 1: Gabe Davis a lot of Game Davis, a lot of Gay Davis.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I don't care I'll never roster Bill's fans know all about that for sure.
Speaker 1: Now, let's talk about one of our favorite moments from the past week. Doing a lot on the celebration front, a lot of Disney type celebrations going on last week. Was it the Packers with the Who's the pack was it with the the parent Trap celebration? Vikings with the parents celebration, That's who it was. This week Disney Classic and it's NFC North Teens. It's David Montgomery with the Disney Channel celebration, just drawing the logo here. You know, I don't know what what's what spawned it? What what created this?
Speaker 3: So So I was a Nickelodeon kid growing up. Disney Channel was always number two for me. But they always in their commercial breaks they would have their child actors and stars and stuff draw the Mickey Mouse logos. So like if you were watching like even Stevens or Kim Possible, or there was this Disney movie it was about basketball. Ther Go to Move was the worst travel You've ever seen in your life. Anytime you watched anything like that, you would see them draw the Mickey Mouse.
Speaker 2: So I thought this was dope. Oh, I thought it was dope too.
Speaker 1: I'm just like wondering, Like somebody's asked David Montgomery like why what what brought this back?
Speaker 2: Was he? You know?
Speaker 3: Ye?
Speaker 1: What was he like sitting around the kids watching David Fins or something like what is happening here?
Speaker 2: Like, I don't know why is Oh.
Speaker 3: He's twenty seven years old. He grew up watching like even Stevens and stuff like, Oh no, it's very much in his wheelhouse, for sure, it's in his wheelhouse.
Speaker 2: I just sort of came out of nowhere. That's all.
Speaker 1: But absolutely, absolutely a moment that we loved in Week six.
Speaker 2: In the meantime for us, that is it. We are done.
Speaker 1: We appreciate you hanging out with the NFL Fantasy Football Show presented by Uber Eats. You know the drill, tell two friends to tell two friends rate review and remember there's no such thing as fun for the whole family. Be saying to take care of yourselves and we will talk to you tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Wow, I'll tell Count Bob, I'll tell Count h