Speaker 1: Here we go. Dude, We're fucking We're gonna only way to it. It's through it, boys, and the greatest, most reliable vehicle helps you get anywhere from point A to point B, and that is the outstanding, the durable, reliable Chevy Silverado. We know every team starts, every team starts the season undefeated for the first month. We need everyone has a shot, and one team has already won it all the New York Giants. Yoh, dude, I'm not gonna do podcasts this.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry to you. I'm also speaking.
Speaker 1: To According to JD Power, Chevy is the most awarded brand of new vehicle quality and the Chevy Chevy Trucks has won more new Vehicle Quality awards than any other brand. That's some serious hardware. But champions don't stop that key moving forward, and that's what Silverado is all about. From the l Team model to the most extreme Silverado ever, the z R two. Chevy gave the silver a new interior with a larger infotainment screen and digital instrument cluster. They gave it a towing technology and up to fourteen available camera views. It's always truck season here at Busting, but now it's also tailgate season, and what better way to roll up to a tailgate than in a Chevy Silverado boasting a larger, more functional bed than any other competitor.
Speaker 2: I don't know why we don't scroll down when I'm on the.
Speaker 1: Last one and I'm projecting because I'm mad right now, So this is not.
Speaker 3: He's probably the wrong person to project you as well, because when you say something that could project Jack, it's.
Speaker 1: Just to fucking head over to Chevy dot com to learn more about Chevy Silverada. For JD Power twenty twenty two US Award information, visit jdpower dot com slash Awards. Hey, Jack, let's be better, And then you would say, I'm not here to say things.
Speaker 3: Bro, Hey, cis up? Hey, Hey guys, let's bring the vibes up. I know we're all working through this, trust me. Everybody listening right now. This is a new thing for us.
Speaker 1: And the thing that's rattling in my mind right now is there's some dude in Cookville, Tennessee, being live that bull should be playing football right now, not playing, not being on this damn mock playing with US France.
Speaker 3: But I was thinking about that earlier, and I'm thinking, like it's so I think everybody tuning in is more like for the boys, but there's somebody like taking time out of their day to see if you in that phenomenal hoodie thank you on a podcast because we'll probably be in this intro for maybe twenty minutes and then just wants to keyboard warriored up, like what a fucking loser.
Speaker 1: Here's the best part, dude. I'm wearing kevlar, and the best kevlar I have is I won't even fucking see it. Dude. Let's go, what's kevlar Kevlar vest like a bulletproof vests. Oh okay, Yeah, that's all right, dude. And I can't read, you don't know words. It's all good, dude. We're gonna be straight here. So here's what we should do, dude. Just let the hate out. Dude, if you're on YouTube right now or or anything, just fucking put the comments in there. Put the negative comments in there. You know why, because we'll just stack that negativity on top of the beautiful foundation we have of good vibes and we're gonna keep rolling forward. That's what we're gonna keep doing, dude. Each week's a new week and listen, we play a couple of nine year guys. Here, a couple of nine year guys, a couple of nine year vets. You lose games, dude, it happens, and I listen. I'm sick. I didn't fall asleep till two thirty last night, doing nothing, just staring at my phone wondering which way's up.
Speaker 3: By the way, Taylor never just texted me this. Taylor just texted me last night.
Speaker 2: What are you up to?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I was hot, dude, I'm like, I'm back.
Speaker 3: Watching the game and searching for candidates for the next Nebraska job.
Speaker 1: He did say that we never really did. He get to what are you doing? Here's what I'll say about, because I know you want to ask questions, and there's always that weird thing of like what do you want to talk about? What you don't want to talk about? So I'll just do it for you. We gotta score more points, I was you know, we got a score more point? You know you want to ask questions about the game. Let me ask him for yeah, yes, for more points, dude. Fucking a couple of a couple of good things. Though, I saw a lot of things out there that's like real positive that. Oh this is cool. Hey, this guy looks pretty good. So you know, we got the He'll bet the Bus show going on right now.
Speaker 3: Our Bet the Bus game of the week was Tampa Bay last night over Dallas.
Speaker 1: Locked. Yeah, got hurt too. Yeah, poor boy.
Speaker 2: The bet the Boys parlay almost fucking hit.
Speaker 3: We missed it, literally missed it by five a total of five points.
Speaker 2: Huh, three teams, How will well ad your bets go this weekend?
Speaker 1: Bet the Bus?
Speaker 3: I mean we won the majority of those bets if you listened to Bet the Bus. Okay, we we went one in one on College Nebraska. Listen, we can get into that after we talk about this. Yeah, we definitely need to get into that. Tennessee shout out to balls covered. Who else did I bet on in the NFL? The NFL games? What about you bet on Michigan?
Speaker 2: No, because it was all so high. Like I said, though, those are games that make me uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: When it was like you, it was like Michigan favored by like fifty something points, and.
Speaker 1: I was like, yeah, oh we didn't cover then, right, I think.
Speaker 3: It was fifty one fifty two they might have. I mean they beat him with They were like forty something nothing. At one point last week it was like forty something nothing in the third quarter with Michigan. But I did say and Michigan's gonna mop the floor with them, you know, responsibly.
Speaker 1: And then the quarter Derek Carr hit.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: I want to say, Kirk hit. Aaron Rodgers did not hit. No, I didn't do the NFL ones. You'd have to check the tape from the from the show on that. I can't remember the games I bet exactly.
Speaker 1: They bet.
Speaker 2: The Boys parlay was all money lines.
Speaker 3: It was uh, Commanders ty, Yeah, all the boys teams, Titans, Commanders and Raiders, and Commanders was the one I was most worried about. They come out beat Jacksonville was hype. I was like, oh, and then we were up thirteen.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh my god, we're fucking living like payoff. Willie's about to be alive. And well then we lost by one point. Obviously that field goal is tough. And then the Raiders lost by four points or five points to the chart. Wait, they lose twenty four, twenty nineteen, so total six total of six points my fault. They lost by five and they had five turnovers, So personally, I think we're looking up with the bet the boys parlay.
Speaker 1: For a first time too. It sounds like you guys right, yeah, yeah, I thought of what you did ye first game, first game, first weekend out there in the industry, it makes feel better.
Speaker 5: I just saw Big Cat went oh and seven and his last bet of the that this is just NFL. And his last bet was minus six and a half for Denver and he's now flipping to plus seven and a half for Seahawks, saying he might go one to eight, but right now he's seeing at zero and seven. So if it makes feel any better, you know, this seem like a lot of.
Speaker 3: People were struggling this weekend. College was all over the place. I think that's where I ultimately like was messing up. I was like a kid in the candy store, like making some of the this one, this one, and then I'm like, oh, what are parlays. You're like parlaying them all together. I'm like, man, these are incredible.
Speaker 1: And when you hit the money line on something, what does that mean?
Speaker 3: So when it's money line, it's just straight up Titans are going to beat the Giants. Like the spread for you guys was minus two and or minus five and a half, and I was that was on bet the bus. I was like, oh, Titans got that one. But on the bet the Boys parlay, it was just all money lines. And then I want to say, you know that's what money line means. Yeah, and then parlay you can buy them all And they got bigger odds, bigger numbers, but if one misses, then you don't win.
Speaker 1: I had like a nine leg parlay going photo. It was like all players.
Speaker 3: It was like Saquan fifty plus yards, Derek Henry a hundred plus yards, Kirk Cousins plus two hundred and fifty one and a half tds Like I'm bet Travis Kelsey was like he's gonna get a twenty something yard recession?
Speaker 2: He did?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: College, When I had a long parlay going on in college, I thought I was gonna smack.
Speaker 2: I missed like more than half of them.
Speaker 1: When since you started betting, how does it feel, dude?
Speaker 2: It's exhilarating.
Speaker 3: You're locked in truly all day long watching football Like yeah, yeah, one eight hunter.
Speaker 1: Game, but I'm denigh on him day Like JP says, how much did you bet?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, we can't. We're not gonna go over for numbers. I'm not comfortable enough to do, especially like, oh, you know on the pod.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they definitely lost a couple hundred thousand though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll talk about it. We'll talk about it. But dude, it's awesome.
Speaker 3: Literally, Saturday, all day I watch ball and I literally was thinking to myself in the middle of the day, this is what everyone's going through.
Speaker 1: You're like, yell at the fucking TV. God damn it.
Speaker 3: Then you sit back. It's just just just like an emotional rollercoaster. But it's and then you might lose one.
Speaker 2: You just pull out your phone, you look up some next bets, You're like, all right, the morning Slate, we're gonna fucking we're putting that one behind us. We got the afternoon in the.
Speaker 1: Evening, we're gonna come alive. Holy shit, dude. And then you see.
Speaker 2: Everybody just going through and some people win, and some people saying, hey, I told you so, Oh you're an idiot.
Speaker 3: And then you know, literally, bro, I think I went three. I think it went four and thirteen on Saturday.
Speaker 1: And then have you been at thirteen college teams seventeen, four and thirteen? Yeah, you been in seventeen college teams. I've been on seventeen things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, some things are like in the game parlay, like I might bet they're gonna score more than ten and a half points in the first quarter or second half total like totals, touchdowns.
Speaker 2: You can bet at all, brother, whatever you want, you whatever you coin toss. No, I was trying to look for that, but I just still doesn't do that.
Speaker 5: A lot of like off brand like Bravada, like illegal.
Speaker 1: Brand brand, illegals.
Speaker 5: That we all use, but they'll do crazy stats you know what color Gatorade and like yeah, and that's awesome.
Speaker 3: And then on Sunday I made all my bets and I'm like, today we prove everybody wrong because it's a new day.
Speaker 1: Because it's a new day. I heard you back there, Ye try to sneak it in there. Fucking yeah, it's exhilar Ready. It sounds like you guys had a good weekend. I mean, it depends on how you look at it. Yeah, because some some things, it was honestly a very bad weekend. When Nebraska gets beat by Georgia fucking Southern brow, How did you feel going through that?
Speaker 2: I don't know, I just I didn't know what to do.
Speaker 1: What's confusing to me.
Speaker 3: Is like, if you remember, we do all the bits last year, but last year the defense was good and like we were just battle special teams and then we couldn't close out games like on offense, like late in the fourth quarter rest screws. But this year, our offense is looking solid and our defense is just like a fucking wet toilet paper. Dude, they were Georgia Southern was scoring literally every drive, and so were.
Speaker 1: We, and it was like, what was the score? Yeah it was a shootout. Oh my god, yes, bro, we can cut this too.
Speaker 5: But a lot of people in our mentions are wondering what's gonna happen with the bust and ball now that Scott He's gone.
Speaker 1: Don't cut that due because I wasn't gonna get to that. Yeah, so it sounds, it feels like right, it feels if it looks like a duck and it quacks like a duck, we're probably ducked.
Speaker 2: Not so fast.
Speaker 3: I don't have nothing good, like actually good, But here's how we can flip the script glass that fool always I had so yeah, when that happened, I was like you, I think you shot me in text. I'm like, yeah, someone told me.
Speaker 1: I walked into the game a few hours before the game and someone goes, hey, you see that Georgia Southern beat Nebraska And I was like, no way. Then I'm like, I think they're gonna fire the head coach. I'm a big fan of Scott for US. He seems like an awesome dude. And then shut enough. Like an hour later, someone was like, they fired him. I came out of the hot time of Ben Jones, was like, they just fired a brastic coach and I go the buss and Bull's dead, like stormed in the locker room, all fucking mad. Damn. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But here here's why we have I think we should have some optimism. Here's why. Okay, the guy rid of Frost early.
Speaker 3: Now, all they had to do is wait two more weeks for that buyout to get cut in half.
Speaker 2: They didn't Scott Frost. He's gonna be okay, fifteen fifteen min buyout.
Speaker 3: He's gonna be like Eddie, He's gonna be like eighty oh on that recent interview he had hilarious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, show you want me to walk out of him, don't gus exactly, But they're doing that.
Speaker 3: I feel like estalvage some recruiting gets, some like, you know, some stabilization for mostly probably recruiting purpose.
Speaker 1: We're playing the long game. Yeah, we say let's take the short term hit for a long term win. Yeah. Okay, and you think about it too.
Speaker 3: Whenever you have an interim head coach, the majority of time they're not usually there. However, I think coach Joseph is actually like in the lineup to do it. But at this point, it's like finding way to you know, salvage the season. I'm not saying we can't go ten and to listen, I'm not gonna say we are gonna go tend and too. I'm just not gonna say it can't happen. Well obviously, all I'm saying is if you have things to play for.
Speaker 1: If you're O you, you're like, get this. Let's start the twos this week.
Speaker 3: Okay, big mistake. We're gonna sneak them. I think we're gonna sneak him. He was Okay, big mistake.
Speaker 1: I think if you're ow you.
Speaker 3: Right now, I won't hopefully Dobson doesn't listen, but that this could be a trap game.
Speaker 1: This could be a trap game for you. They don't know what's coming at them. You know what I mean, Bro, They're not gonna here's bro, they know exactly what's coming. They're not. They can't. They can change the coach, they can't change the playbook.
Speaker 2: Okay, Oklahoma, sleep on us. That's my message to y'all.
Speaker 1: I don't I can't bet. I can I bet on college games. I think you can bet on college games long as I've never betted before. I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't plan on starting, but I bet you they lose.
Speaker 1: Who Oklahoma? Yeah, No, Nebraska about to get that. No, I'm I'm with you. Fuck. I don't want to take the vibes down because as we've started this podcast, where we started, where we are now, even through all this like mud we're trudging through, I can feel the vibes going up and up. I'm just not with you on that one about that. I hope Nebraska wins. I want to say that. I hope y'all do.
Speaker 2: About this though, and Nebraska with points? What's the points?
Speaker 3: Who knows? Probably a lot. That's why I feel like there's there's there's gonna be a payo. Whilly's gonna be out there. I think you can take Nebraska with the points. Okay, here here's what I was gonna say about beat the bus. You could flip it to you look at like building like you gotta find positives for recruiting purposes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have to if you're Nebraska recruiting about the bust and bowler.
Speaker 2: But then the bulls oh my fault. Yeah not but the bust the bus and bowl, bus and bowl.
Speaker 3: To me, that's something that can that you can build around that you can still sign your name on that dotted line. You keep it kind of hush hush, like we're not doing it to promote it. We just need to do because we want to make the trophy. We do.
Speaker 1: But I think regardless, we need to make.
Speaker 3: A trophy no no matter what, even if it's like I'm gonna hold it at my house for a year, hold at your house, was still gonna be out there for the tailgate. Yeah, and we just make it our own. However, I think that it's like you gotta find something rally around.
Speaker 2: I think that's one of the small things that you can do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the line is only eleven and a half.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'll take I'll take Oklahoma. Yeah, refinance, how do you Uh, don't gonna start a barstool sportsbook right now and just bending all my money on that brother, that would have eleven point hurt me.
Speaker 2: That would hurt me if you did that.
Speaker 1: It's not but it's just business. It's not personal.
Speaker 2: That would hurt me.
Speaker 1: Bro the way, we'll fucking says this is his figure some ties like he just says something and he's just waiting for someone like that's his pause and pause and pause. Fucking the little finger thing you do. Yeah, I don't even want to. I don't even want to talk about bets because I don't want to get myself in a gray area that I don't even want to be. And I'll let you guys talk about that. But fuck eleven points. If I was on bet the bus, I'd probably say, what do they say?
Speaker 2: Hammer Dan?
Speaker 1: Dude? What do they say?
Speaker 3: I'm McAfee, Hammerdon, Hammerdon. Yeah, it's always this hilarious one.
Speaker 1: Who is is it? Gump?
Speaker 3: Is a gump that has that Mark video? Oh yeah, no, he really has that. He really has that little video out there.
Speaker 1: One thing that the Titans Jumbo Tron needs to do better is not sure the fans when it's like a third and long and like show the play because they always like on the bag stream, You're like, I'm like sitting there washing it's like fans, fans fans, and I'm like, then all of a sudden's like two seconds into the play and they go back to the play. Yeah, and like the whole we run it thing, like they're just learning something new.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that that I think that's something that they continue to do that with the same guys that'll be tough.
Speaker 1: Who run it, we run it? Yeah, listen, that's just so that's just my perspective. Yeah, one hundred percent. So Bust and Bull's not dead in your opinion.
Speaker 2: I don't think the Bust and Bull's dead at all.
Speaker 1: I know the boys in Michigan have literally told me, we're just waiting for them to sign We're ready to go. That's what Michigan said. Michigan's already drawn their line the sand. They got their troops ready. Do we need the ad?
Speaker 2: Wait, we're just waiting for you guys to storm the beaches.
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 2: We just need the We need the Michigan ad to have, we need his signature.
Speaker 1: He will. They're just waiting on y'all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I listen, I think we'll get it done. Like, obviously there's some things going on right now to work.
Speaker 1: You were twelveth we aber twelfth we gotta go like and I'm just away.
Speaker 3: You can put yourself in Nebraska's shoes right now, like we just fired our head coach, right but I think you know what happens when that, when those things go on, you find things to play for.
Speaker 2: The bus trophy is a moment that you can build around.
Speaker 1: The level of optimism is incredible. I just fucking I absolutely, Like, I can't tell you how much I love you. I don't have the words. I don't have the vocabulary to tell you how much I love you. The way you're talking right now, I wish. And I hope the AD and the interim head coach at have they said, who the internim my coach is gonna be Oh yeah, Mickey Joseph, Mickey Joseph. I hope they're listening there and they go, we gotta fucking do this. He's right because you are. No.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's hope that shit gets done. He actually was.
Speaker 3: The uh I don't know if he is the like the wide receivers coach, but he was part of like this. He was at LSU before Nebraska and he was part of like building out those receivers.
Speaker 1: He did Julio Jones go off last night, Yeah he did. That's pretty selfish.
Speaker 3: He was going off in a way to where I wanted to find the four net clip. But him saying like he's happy because he was even dropped the ball and got up.
Speaker 1: I was like smiling, thinking I should have had that ball. Yeah, oh I saw that one. He almost Yeah. I just turned off watched Top Done last night, the new one. Yeah, probably a third time. That movie's dude, that's such a good vibe. That movie, it's outstanding. What else is an incredible vibe? Maybe the best vibe that you can possibly populate in your little mind is Spooptober And it's right around the corner, dude. And I think now more than ever, we need everything, wizards, witches, goblins, schools, specters, the whole fucking thing. Dude. I need jack of landyards with candles lit and they're just fucking glowing at you as you're walking up and get caught in somebody's fake cobwebs you walk in here or that dune doom, Doom, Doom, doom, doom, doom, doom, doom. Do it? You just need it, dude, we need it. We're on our way. I'm seeing leaves fall. Are you feeling the temperature?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: Are you actually seeing leaves? I don't see any leaves falling.
Speaker 1: Out to my house, Dude. I saved the first one every year. Okay, I love that, all right. It's like a tree star. Yeah, I got I got it in a in a book, dude. I fucking hold it down. I keep it in there forever, dude. But I will coming up.
Speaker 2: The weather is like it was a little chilly this morning.
Speaker 1: It was. Now the weather is gonna heat back up. I do look at the weather. It's going to crank back up to the eighty seven eighty eight range. So that's a toughy tough.
Speaker 3: But I've been driving around with the smile on my face knowing it's close and also.
Speaker 1: I see it. So yeah, I got yours right there. I love that, dude. The pootoberse. You want to turn around for the boys, let them see it. I can just hold it up. What can't you do?
Speaker 2: Are you ready for this?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I've seen it, so oh you have?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, you don't have to shoot the camera. It's outstanding. That's the picture that's with Midland, that's what they took it off of. Man, you look phenomenal in that.
Speaker 2: Garrett was like, you look like you got Mark McGuire.
Speaker 1: Formar, you have Mark McGuire forms. You know what tough part is that orange facial hair you have. That's a fucking L. That's a fucking l right there, dude, a massive l.
Speaker 2: And the like the little amish beard like below my.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me see my beard. My ship looks good. That's the best my facial has ever looked in that. Yeah. Thing's full. Yeah, it ain't ever been that full. Look tough to pop them knuckles? Yeah, damn boys. That orange October is on the fucking way.
Speaker 2: And gets when it drops. When what's today?
Speaker 3: It's twelfth, drops on the fifteenth, it drops in the fifte listening right now the fourteenth or yep, thirteenth.
Speaker 2: Nope, Tuesday, this is dropping tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I thought I was dropping Wednesday becase we're back to one episode a week.
Speaker 2: We want to do a Tuesday because it's earlier in the cycle.
Speaker 1: I fucking love it, dude. Yeah, take those algorithms stirring a pot, dude, cauldron if you will. Algorithms, Oh, do a little vampire tier. Put that in there, dudep alchemists, boys, alchemists. We're just tossing things in there. That's what you gotta do. Subscribe, unsubscribed, resubscribe to the whole thing because the boys in need. Yea god, dude, you can remember.
Speaker 2: The hell You can turn some butter, can't you?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Can you can?
Speaker 1: You can do that? Ship my boy? Different you see them forums on this Relax, Relax, easy, easy, sucking on the juice.
Speaker 2: Will I'm excited. I'm excited about smoot over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna be. It's gonna be. By the way, what are you? Are you gonna do that?
Speaker 3: Absolute r T? Yeah, I'm gonna get on tests. I'm gonna get on some pepti its like, I'm gonna turn it up.
Speaker 1: Aycle, you're gonna do a cycle, not like not like a steroid cycle. But you're gonna get jacked.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna dive into the bing green Field portfolio of advice.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna hire a doctor?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna find the guy. I'm gonna find a guy guy. Yeah, I would go I would google who's the Rocks guy and just go with that rightly.
Speaker 2: Text Jelly roll like, hey, can you just put me in a group chat with the Rock. I want to ask him a couple of questions. Yeah, Jelly knows the Rock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's pretty crazy. He hasn't got the Rock on the bus yet. I think I think he.
Speaker 2: I think Jelly's playing the long game for us.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I texted him twice in the last two weeks, no response. He's grinding and you gotta I love it. I'll send him and Ernest a voice text probably once a week, just tell them how I fucking love their grind and how I love it there at the top and they're just fucking doing their thing right now. I love it. Yet in other studs, yeah, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 2: And you know that, like especially Jelly, like he's in a long game with the boys.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, Jelly's all time. Jolly's all the time. We interrupt this episode to bring you Duke Cannon. Shout out, Duke Cannon.
Speaker 2: No free shout outs, Duke Cannon. Deodoran is made for guys to run hot.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: I talk about it every episode. The dry Ice, the shit works, Go check them out. It's like glaciers under your armpits. I know you've heard the air conditioning bit, but it is truly like that twenty four to seven. And if you're watching this ad right now, drop a comment and let him not that that dry ice works. My personal favorite product is there coal mining or coal miners face wash. I know I've said it the last few episodes. I've been washing my face like three times a day. It is my number one product that Duke Canon right now. Obviously deodorant that's twice a day. That's every day, so I guess I potentially use that more frequently. But my favorite product is they're coal miners coal mining face wash. They also have hair washed, cologne, hairstyling, beard care, whatever you need, they got it, big ass bricks of soap with the scrubber. Check out Duke Canada any target or on Duke Cannon dot com and use code busting for a phenomenal fifteen percent off for your first order. That's Duke Cannon dot com and use code busting for fifteen percent off your first order.
Speaker 1: Back to the episode, Should we do? I think we should. Our favorite segment of the wing, I think we should. Yes, time for the greatest segment of the week, Shutout Shadow of the week. As always we start what they easily rattled but strong and more confident every single time. Mister bloss go ahead, baby, I don't have one.
Speaker 7: My shout out this week goes to an item inside a grocery store that's pretty.
Speaker 1: Reliable, case, pretty damn good. That's a good one.
Speaker 7: But if you're usually if you go to the grocery store at about six pm, it's probably a good chance you're not. You're not gonna cook dinner when you get home, probably gonna grab some fast food on the way home. Personally, one of the things I like to do is like to grab that hot and ready rotissory chicken and it just never lets you down. My shout out, no free shout out this week goes to that hot and ready rotissory chicken on the way out of the grocery store.
Speaker 1: Louder too long, you're that's outstanding. That's outstanding, outstanding. Next up the milf hunter, Jackie Baby. My shout out.
Speaker 5: Shout out of the week goes to a time period and that is the eight am to eleven fifty nine slot on Sundays.
Speaker 1: Now I know I've been hitting on ball a lot.
Speaker 5: But it's that like four hour period right before the NFL, like the whole day starts and the future is just limitless. There's so many opportunities for winning bets, getting your fantasy team in line, and it just like always feels so optimistic until it's not.
Speaker 1: But those four hours, it feels kind of like the world kind.
Speaker 5: Of just stops for a moment and you're able to breathe, and all the silence just is there. You're just able to think clearly a flow state. That's exactly what I was looking for. So shout out to the eight am to eleven fifty nine right before kickoff, and then a little red zone, some some beer, some water, whatever you got going on.
Speaker 1: Start's flowing, and shout out to that time. That sounds like something exciting. That sounds like something exciting I do. Like, what if the world did stop turning? What would happen?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Everybody would die, Yeah, everybody would die day pay I don't think so would we? Yeah? The Earth rotates at eight hundred miles an hour. If the Earth stopped moving for one second, we would all just go eight hundred miles an hour to the east and die. Everyone would die. Depends what do you mean. I think it defends. Man, eight hundred miles an hour, Buildings would fall over. You can drive yourself to anything, but if you were stripped in somewhere, that place would probably collapse on you.
Speaker 2: Maybe you might not be in a spot where you get collapsed.
Speaker 1: If you're on a roller coaster ride, you're already buffet thinking that. However, I think it's like you just go six hundred miles an hour faster, even if you were going on a two mile an hour roller coaster.
Speaker 2: How fast roller coasters go fifty?
Speaker 3: Maybe one of those like underground indoor roller coasters, like if you're like on.
Speaker 1: A circus Circus in Vegas. I haven't been on that one.
Speaker 2: Oh, we used to hit that all the time when I was a kid. But the Mummy in Disney, because that's like an indoor kind of underground.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but buddy, you're on a roller coaster, the earth stops moving. How fast roller coaster go? Tops fastest roller coaster in the world. I'm gonna say seventy eight miles an hour? What's the fastest roller coaster of all time? Because okay, so let's say it's a hundred. Let's just say it's a hundred. You still travel seven hundred miles an hour faster. Your fucking neck would my neck with touch JP's and I'll just be dead instantly. You we all would let alone. Also, the roller coaster would like fucking fall off the tracks and do some crazy ship.
Speaker 3: Maybe if you're angled the right way to where you're like going out and.
Speaker 1: You're still not going eight hundred.
Speaker 2: Miles an hour.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but maybe you're like in the air and then you just kind of dies down and then you can kind of land in water.
Speaker 1: Or if you're on an airplane landing water at eight hundred miles an hour. What if you're on an airplane and you're going four hundred and fifty miles an hour. Oh no, because you're you're you're not on the ground. Mm hmmm, JP.
Speaker 2: You just the game.
Speaker 1: Fuck, I hope it does. Yeah, a ton of science sha, because you think the earth stops moving and no, yeah, think about it, some crazy ship.
Speaker 2: You're not out of the whatever atmosphere. We're just talking about the ball, right, But if you're on a plane, you're still flying.
Speaker 1: On faster than the cool do you think they'd be like dead air. You just follow the sky.
Speaker 6: Like the dead sea, but dead air. Dead air, everything floats in it.
Speaker 1: We're talking about just the air pivot into JP shoutout for Shadows of the week, dude, interesting pivot, Yeah, shout it's the time travel.
Speaker 6: My shout out no free shout out is also a little bit of manifestation because my my maintenance light came on in my car and so did my tire pressure one, and my shoutout no free shoutout goes to when you go to the car repair shop and it's only minimal like repairs that have to be done. Exactly what's on the thing is like, okay, we can get that take care of for less than a million dollars. So that's my shout out and hopefully that's what happens tomorrow.
Speaker 1: More money to spend on at the bus exactly, all right, Garrett, best mustache in the world, buddy.
Speaker 2: That thing looks fucking electric.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 2: Thank you keep going. What's your shout out up shot out of the week.
Speaker 8: My shout out shout out of the week is gonna go to everybody that came to the tailgate yesterday and Bob Merch we sell out very close we.
Speaker 1: Could have done something special, could have.
Speaker 8: And even like unfortunately the Giants fans were buying merch.
Speaker 1: That's okay, So thanks for your money. Yeah, I appreciate it.
Speaker 8: But that's my shout out for shout out. We'll see all Raiders weekend. We're gonna have to re up, come early so it's not all sold out because if it sells out, we're gonna do something special.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do something special. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean there were a lot of Giants fans to but they were about the boys. They were about.
Speaker 1: Fucking the whole time. Like the we didn't stop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, work top was crowded, bro, Like the vibes were up. We're up.
Speaker 1: That's outstanding. Yeah yeah. Oh, speaking of Michael Chandler coming through, he was in he was in uh our suite. And after the game, obviously I'm feeling sorry for the boys. And I walk out and Chandler's there, big smile on his face, big hug. Who wasn't. I said it with text and say, at least your real friends show up. I put even when the flames off, dude.
Speaker 2: I put tap tap ah. That was like, oh, this is a joke.
Speaker 1: I wanted to see you so bad.
Speaker 2: We are are our babysitters done? And she was up at seven thirty.
Speaker 1: I respect it.
Speaker 2: That was literally the only I respect the reason why we had respected.
Speaker 1: It's all good, it's all good. But I'll tell you what you can do. Let me know. Your shout out up for shut of the week.
Speaker 2: All right, So I got one. I think you guys will enjoy this. My shout out. My shoutout shout out goes to.
Speaker 3: A time back in high school, whenever you have your license, the world seems small. It seems like it's all about the bubble you got going on in high school, the dating relationships going on, all the storylines in high school. We're all doing life together. Everything we do in high school matters the most. However, my shout out goes to when you're on the road and you see your boy out driving.
Speaker 2: I don't know where he's going. You just happen to see your boy.
Speaker 3: Like remember the times where you'd be in the car even before driving, and you see like your parents' car and you like see your boy in the back and you're like waving.
Speaker 1: You're like, oh, there's Taylor just went by.
Speaker 3: And then in high school and you're driving and you see your boys and you see him pass by and you're like, oh, that's the boy, and you sit there and text.
Speaker 1: Him then call him real quick, because now that I'm.
Speaker 3: In Nashville, I feel that that doesn't happen. So maybe it's like a small town vibe thing. Because we were driving the other day and I thought I saw somebody where I thought it was their vehicle.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was like, man, remember the times back in high school when life was simple and you would just see your boy out driving and you'd like give a honky bag. Oh was that just you? I feel like it doesn't really happen in the city, so that my shout out, no free shoutout goes to seeing your boy out driving, give them a nice little wave.
Speaker 8: You really saved that one, because mine, like two weeks ago, was seeing your boy out in the wild, like in the middle.
Speaker 1: Of the work week. But you saved it by driving.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: Use it was really like a fleeting thought of like I thought it was somebody struck and I was like, man, I don't really feel like I see any of my boys out on the road anymore.
Speaker 2: I was like, maybe it's like a small town thing where you like see somebody's caring, you're like, oh, this is so and so pulling up.
Speaker 1: Well, that's probably what the world just gets. The world just gets bigger to you.
Speaker 8: But that's when people had like jacked up trucks and like something very specific on it.
Speaker 2: And you guys, I try and wave at every cop car that goes by a blossom.
Speaker 1: I don't think that was him that a small town is definitely a thing to because there's only so many vehicles out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, and you're right, it might just be like more of a smaller town.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel bad field that I grew up in small towns. I do. It's such a vibe, especially in high school, like what a fucking awesome, Like you just see all the same people all the time, and like you're kind of always at home. But I do think wherever you move, even if you live somewhere for a long time, it definitely like the world just gets bigger to you.
Speaker 2: You see more cars all the time, You're doing more shit all time. Yeah, because I don't think I've ever seen you out.
Speaker 1: Yeah I saw yeah a loss saw Garrett on the way to a football game one time, jamming. You know a game It was what game was that? It was the Bills game? Oh was it? When? Was it? Last year?
Speaker 8: Two years left? The fourteen day off? Couldn't practice COVID shit, Oh that's.
Speaker 1: Why we played on Tuesday night, day night. Yeah, I remember that. I remember going to that game. It's like, it's this game is either gonna be close or they're gonna blow our asses out because they were able to practice and stuff. Your windows were shaking on the truck. Oh buddy, I was fucking aloud. I was getting I was.
Speaker 3: Getting wher we we get like trying to see get all the cameras at the end of the game and be like this ass opens brought to you by Zoom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're just a week.
Speaker 1: Oh dude, fucking e times. My shout out, no shoutout of the week goes to a specific time in your life that not everybody's gone through. Will hasn't. I don't believe JP has, but I know that Jack bloss, me and Garrett have it. It's when you get your first tattoo. Not when you get the first tattoo and you feel so coole as fuck, but when finally that tattoo settles into your skin, there's no more peeling, there's no more scabs, and you're just like, Hey, this is me for the rest of my life with this batty on my arm right here. That is such an outstanding feeling, because when you first get the tattoo, you're like, yeah, I got it and it's here, but I need to make sure this thing heals right. You're super anal about that tattoo when you first that, especially the first couple after you get about like you know, a Baker's dozen of them boys, You're like, it'll rip, It'll be fine, you know, throw some lotion on that piece every once in a while, you'll be good. But you're so anal about I gotta put this ad woman on. I gotta make sure and wash it with an unscented low uh soap, all that shit. Yeah, I got to make sure it's open but not too open because I don't want to get infective all that stuff. But when it finally settles in the skin and everyone kind of does the same thing, you like grab your tattoo and you like kind of take your fingers and you like mush your fingers in your skin. Be like, that's just fucking me now, dude, that's just fucking me on my hand. So my shout out and every shadow of the week goes too. When that first tattoo finally settles, Hey, that was off the top too. I had nothing. I had fucking nothing. I had nothing for this week. That was good. Thanks man, that was actually so good.
Speaker 3: I think I'll post your shout out and be like, I'm posting this for the boy.
Speaker 1: Thanks man. For everybody who wears tattoos out there. Yeah, yeah, I appreciate that, because it really is a thing to you. When you get that first tattoo, you're so hype. I remember my first tattoo I got was lawan on the inside of my arm, and I got an old English and an old English W low key looks like an M. So like it looked like I said, le man on my but I would legit go to parties. That's that thing settled, and I would go find the nearest couch. My freshman year of college with a short sleeve shirt on, I'd like put my arms up like this or whatever, just had that thing showing off man being like, oh, yeah, this boy, he's gunned up. You better watch out, dude, he's gunned up. Dude. Yeah, here is what's up boys, you straight. It's like a big stretch, dude, what's up? Oh that right there? Yeah, it's my last name.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's my last Then you get to college and realize, like everybody that comes from everywhere has like either their initials or their last name somewhere like all that, and there's.
Speaker 1: Very specific white guy and black guy tattoos, very specific. But it's just fucking you get it. You feel it, and you feel a certain type of way when you get that first tattoo, like, hey, your boy's got a little more street cred. I'm out there right now. Yeah, you can find out someday one day. Maybe one day if someday looks not closed, is it though it looks not closed? Oh that'd be so far.
Speaker 2: Will Yeah what I felt like thought about before, just gonna sleep done?
Speaker 1: Yeah do that, maybe I will. Why don't you right now?
Speaker 3: You know, I don't like being forced like pressure, peer pressured into it like an instant decision.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why would you get afford the boy tattoo or something? I mean, no, just we are somewhere. I'm all of his low back dude get for the boys, just sits in a chair and the shirt, the shirt's a little too short you kind of so everyone's like, what the fuck's I say? For the boys? Maybe has an arrow pointing down I don't know, lower.
Speaker 2: Back air kind of sticking around on.
Speaker 1: Oh, speaking of dude, speaking of uh shout outs, And we don't really go back to other people's shout outs, but sometimes when you have a shout out and something happens, and it kind of makes you nervous for that individual, like you want to come back and check in.
Speaker 2: And our friend Jack had a shout at about.
Speaker 1: Being in the steam room with some older gentleman the YMCA or whatever the fuck he was working out at. And I told you, I told you that old man was probably probably trying to slap some cheeks. So has there been any update between you and him?
Speaker 5: I thought you were about to like say, some experience you had, not just no circling back.
Speaker 1: No, I have not. Have you been in that steam room since?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: For sure, has he been in there?
Speaker 5: No, not him specifically, But like I said, it wasn't a specific man. It was like that type of man that's seventy plus and just does.
Speaker 1: Not care what's going on out. Yeah, yeah, he probably moved that towels aside when you walked in. Let him see it, dude, let me see if he's interested. Yeah, little hand towels, dude, they are like stars. Keen Hutch the little hand towels around the waists.
Speaker 3: I actually met this nice old man in the sona last week and then he is the winningest wrestler at the University of Oklahoma's history.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I bet he wanted to wrestle you. That's that fucking sona. Hey, look it up, it's Ooctober shirts. Ye out.
Speaker 2: Steve Burns the interview.
Speaker 1: Steve is all Time, tell some incredible stories, talks about who was one of my favorite comedians growing up. Dang cook It had an incredible story on that. Had a very strong opinion about Jerry Seinfeld as well. Stories. He had some great fucking stories, dude. So I think everyone's gonna really enjoy this one. It's gonna be It's gonna be all time. And you read the ads, Yeah, I already knocked at the ads. Well, then I think it's just time to dive into the ad that's about to come up right now. But then Steve Steve and rate five stars.
Speaker 2: Comments, high vibes, introvibes introvibes, the big hugs kisses.
Speaker 3: All Right, we're gonna take a breather. We're gonna take a moment and shout out. An app that was created by fans for fans. This is the exclusive ticketing partner of Barstool Sports shout Out the.
Speaker 1: Game Time App.
Speaker 3: Game Time is a new ticketing app that makes it easier than ever to score last minute deals to sports, concerts, and shows, and they guarantee the lowest possible price. If you haven't given the game Time app a shot yet, don't know what you're waiting for.
Speaker 2: You guys are gonna you. Guys are gonna absolutely love this app.
Speaker 3: They have tons of Barsal fans using it, hitting us up on social about the great deals they're getting. I've been using the game Time app all year. I used it for my tickets last week against the Boys. Unfortunately we lost, but against the Giants, It's super easy to use, amazing deals. It's the fastest growing ticketing app in the US. You're going to love it again if you don't follow all the Barsol personalities. They're literally tweeting about it all the time. The games, the sites, the all the picks they're getting with it. Download the game Time app, go to the account tab, create a log in and redeem code bust and that's b u SSI in for twenty dollars off your first purchase term supply. As always, download game Time last minute tickets, lowest prices guaranteed.
Speaker 1: Back to the episode. This is my first podcast back too. Let's let's go boys. So let's go dude. But yeah, man, it's a crazy, ryn crazy run.
Speaker 3: We have a Steve burn On comedian legend. I can't wait to talk to a lot of stuff. Your boy, like your Boys, is one of one of like my comedy heroes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Vince Vaughn. I thought you were gonna say, Paul Shore, that's okay.
Speaker 1: Paul shows great did in the Army Now, phenomenal movie. That's right, phenomenal movie. You you do it?
Speaker 2: Don't you do a podcast as well with Joe.
Speaker 1: I do a.
Speaker 4: Podcast with Joe Gatto from Practical Jokers. Uh yeah, so do that. And then I do comedy Pinata, which you joined on. Yes, and that's just uh, you know, done insane. We sit in the comedy club and it's just comedians sitting there watching stand up comedy together and we break down the bits and kind of poke through the holes, and then we have stories about the comics. So it's really a fun organic way because I've seen podcasts about like stunt men breaking down stunts in film, or like special effects artists break down you know, Star Wars and Star Trek, and I've never seen comics breaking down bits of comedy. So it for me, even through the process of doing it, made me really appreciate the different gears that different comics have, you know, whether it's you're a storyteller slash just full on entertainer like Burke Kreischer, or like a prolific joke writer like Mark Norman. And so you get into the nuances of everybody's thing, and then you have like you know, Swiss army knives, like I could do a little bit everything, but not one thing great, just a lot of a lot of things good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, And so what would you rather be just great out one thing? Er good at a lot of things. I'd rather be good a lot of things.
Speaker 4: Because even when I'm going to Nashville, like I go to Zane's, right, I just do stand.
Speaker 9: I just do crowd work. I just fuck off and do crowd What do you mean.
Speaker 1: By crowd work.
Speaker 4: Crowd work is when you just go up and you have any material plan and it just starts with conversations with the audience and you're living on the wire. So my job there is to just make make them laugh out of nothing and just see what I can do. So it's because I work so much on crowd work, just at Zanies and like when I'm in New York City, like last night, for example, at the Sealey, just doing crowd work. Now when I go and do my regular shows where it's just material, you could do anything to me, and I'm prepared. I have so many like knives and an arsenal of like weapons for any such you drop a glass, I gotta lie stuffs over.
Speaker 1: There on that stage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how do you like prepare for that?
Speaker 4: It's just doing it over and over and over again and putting yourself out there and digging yourself. I mean at Zany's, I dug myself into so many horrible holes, like how the fuck am I gonna get out of it?
Speaker 1: Out of this?
Speaker 9: And usually it's talking to black people.
Speaker 1: He's Asian, he can say that we're all yeah, but yeah, I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 4: But he is talking to black people and just you know, I'm always like, what's the worst thing I could say right now?
Speaker 1: And I and I say it? Who you say?
Speaker 4: It's like, well, I'm not dropping like the N worders say the worst thing, boss say the orders like okay, things he ever say the word. I hear Mexicans say it a lot. I want what's that Mexican stayed a lot? Well, yeah, they kind of get like a pass right because like they're almost.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm digging myself a hole that I don't even want to be in right now. Please, like, let's get the fuck out of here right now, I'm sucking dreading water right now that I might have Like why the fun would you say that?
Speaker 4: Dude, I'm just gonna be doing this woman, I'm just like almost getting canceled.
Speaker 1: Yeah, basically it will try to get canceled once a week. I saw to god, dude, are you talking about the last thing? The you thing? But that thing too? He is the other JeOS party party on Twitter even now, like when you posted, uh, having your baby and it was a black baby, like like about April fool because I didn't even think about that, Like, oh, I like the canceling thing, and then like you know, mister Arnold was like, hey, he's just trying to do whatever he can get canceled on. Put in your brain, You're like, oh, damn, well, was really trying to do that? That's crazy thought. The baby thing was fucking hilarious. Yeah, hilarious. It's one.
Speaker 3: It's it's when it's going when it gets outside of like the audience who kind of knows you and knows how you joke and stuff like that, that's when like the racial stuff kind of comes in. Yeah, because one dude literally goes, this is uh what he said, this is white nationalism at work.
Speaker 1: It's like, fuck, man, I'm just songs, just songs. You holy. It's like, yo, bro, easy, like I'm not wearing a pillow case in my head, relaxed. Yeah, that's fucking I'm here I go again. Here I go again, diging myself a party party bro. Jess, Oh you were saying, yeah, that's that. Will tweeted that he had his baby. Oh my dude, My man is fucking hilarious on Twitter. You really don't miss Willa earlenn Am.
Speaker 3: My wife and I are literally just laying in bed laughing everything happening because Taylor hits me up.
Speaker 1: He's like, maybe you said a voice thing or maybe we got on the phone. But you're like, hey, did you have a kid? No, I knew it was a baby. You said.
Speaker 2: You got a whole bunch of people that people.
Speaker 4: Were just saying, I didn't know. You didn't see the photo yet. You didn't see the photo yet, You just I thought you had heard that something happened. You're like, am I finding out through somebody else before hearing from remember?
Speaker 1: Because you were traveling like me and Taylor were. Some more people were saying congratulations to you on Twitter. I didn't see your tweet, and I remember telling Taylor, and I'm like, this motherfucker is so into Twitter now that he didn't even tell one of his best friends like that he had a child. But he took to Twitter to tell the world before he told me. Yeah, but like some people are saying congratulations, I'm like, do you not fuck.
Speaker 4: When you feel a good joke, it's like it's gotta go up now, ye right there you go?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but go back. So you usually you get in the worst deep waters with black people, go on yeah, and then.
Speaker 4: I think you feel it you feel the room, you feel the air leave the room. You're like, all right now, it's like it's it's just a game of tetris. It's like this goes here, this goes here, and you slowly build and and the key isn't to make the audience lab The key really is to make the end of it dual laugh that that you're in that hole with because you're like, oh my god, did you just say that to me? And it's like that's how that's how challenging that moment becomes.
Speaker 9: So for me, I love it.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: That's like the new high for me in comedy, because comedy itself, as you witness, to get a laugh is such a high.
Speaker 1: It's great. Right.
Speaker 4: The bombs are the fucking worst, those pendulum swings when you're first starting. I always tell people it's like getting sharpy on your face when you're when you're starting, when you bomb, it's like it's gonna stay with you for a while, but eventually it's gonna weigh off, right, But then you get so used to it it's like, fuck, bombing is nothing to me, and then you need something. It's like you got to cut yourself, like you know to feel again.
Speaker 1: So for me, like the.
Speaker 4: Crowd work is like, oh, this is so fun, it's so reinvigorous. And then when you when you break through and get them to all laugh, but especially you break that person, that's the best feeling in the world. Along with doing jokes that are challenging and and all that other stuff like this new hour is going to be a lot of fun. But but for me, I really love crowd work and it's helped me become a better comic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sometimes do you ever not get out of the hole? No?
Speaker 1: And it's something that like after figured out, after.
Speaker 2: The night's over, you're kind of thinking, like, if this happens again, here's Oh this would have been funny to say, like here' so I can get myself out of It's.
Speaker 1: Always tough when you're like in an argument with somebody. Yeah, they say something to you and you're like whatever something back then like twenty minutes they're like I should have said this.
Speaker 2: Right, Or you're driving home you're like why did I react that way? Like I kind of said this, or even if it's a joke, if I'm like trying to make somebody, if you're like trying to make somebody laugh.
Speaker 1: And they're not getting it.
Speaker 3: It's just stone face and maybe one person in my laugh, but nobody else lasts.
Speaker 1: You're like, all right, in real life, work on a postal clarity of life.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, but in real life I get I get stumped, yeah, which is weird. But on stage it's just like I don't know what happens, like I can't get it. Just like even if I get stumped for a second, like you were saying, don't you ever get stumped? It's like I'll put a bookmark in it, knowing, okay, use the stock line, get out of it. But the whole time I'm doing something else, I'm still thinking about.
Speaker 1: That other one. I get back to that, I'm gonna get back to it. I will figure it out.
Speaker 4: And usually something bubbles up over here and I call it back to over here, and then I tie those two things together and then you get the laugh.
Speaker 1: It's super interesting hearing comics talk about comedy because it's kind of like when you're an individual and you don't get to talk to people like you, Like if you're watching the UFC, you look at it's like, oh, these are just a couple of brutes, really just going at it and then you start learning like oh, these are technical things or doing THEE and half E team like they're playing chess up there, and when it's talking to you, it's kind of the same thing, like why I'm over here sitting here smiling and laughing, right, But I don't know that you put all this work into it or whatever. We just think, oh, this is a funny guy that comes up here.
Speaker 3: That's a good point because UFC you get to see all the behind the scenes stuff too, Like you see all the technical side.
Speaker 1: And then they talk about it like, oh, I had them in half guards, so I knew I had to do this yo, totally thinking about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I look even like even like roasting, like Jeff Ross the Ghostmaster, that's a totally different muscle.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh do comedy just google do a roast.
Speaker 4: It's like that's a skill set, Like there's a real different skill set.
Speaker 1: Broad works a skill set.
Speaker 4: One liners are a skill set like Bert Chreischer storytelling. That's a skill set that not everybody it can be that, but when you can do a little bit of bolth. That's why I try to push myself to be a little bit of both to be a little more well rounded.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the fucking greatest job in the world. So going back to like bombing, when you start bombing, like you go to a comedy store or something like that and you get on stage. What's worse bombing in front of the crowd or bombing in front of other comics When you're first starting, Oh, that's a good you know what I'm saying, Because part of you, like you're probably thinking yourself like, I want these people to do my peers. I want that. I want to like, oh.
Speaker 2: We're all trying to be funny.
Speaker 1: But just like anything, there's different personalities. There's probably some comics that they're like, oh, this guy fucking sucks, and there's gonna be other guys that are super helpful that I want to come to, Hey you did this and that. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I just love nothing more than watching other comics bomb. Really the fucking greatest, Yeah, because you're just watching them weasele the way out, and then when you're watching it, it's just like it's the fucking best because now you're seeing your friend in a puzzle. It's like, is he going to solve the puzzle or not, and when they solve it, it's the best.
Speaker 1: But my favorite thing are bomb lines.
Speaker 4: I love when somebody's telling a joke and it sucks, and like Carson was the best, Like the old Carson Show literally pulled down the boom mic and tap on it, or he'd have a ton of bomb lines and it's just again another like organic way that the comics living in the moment and you're seeing how is this individual going to get out of that moment of silence where it's just it's so fucking uncomfortable. Nothing's worse than that, But to get the laugh is the best. The boom light grab is good. That puts everybody back in the back in the key, like Okay, we're back in this thing.
Speaker 3: I mean, I feel like blood would just rush to my head and I went and like know what to do?
Speaker 1: They is like you've been up there for five minutes and yeah, some of your jokesman, hilarious.
Speaker 3: Were a couple like all right, but the one that was like oh I didn't really land that la the last one.
Speaker 2: Or whatever, I said, Yeah, it was nuts. I remember that you helped him a lot with that, right, Steve.
Speaker 3: Helped me punch up with several of my jokes, like I would come up with the concept that NBA one was was the funniest joke The NBA was, the NBA one was, You too was where the way it started was definitely I don't know if it's black people gets your murky one of the black people. And then I talked with the Shane Gillis. He was like, let it ride. That's hilarious, probaly hilarious.
Speaker 2: Watch his comedy and you see why.
Speaker 1: He's like, let it ride.
Speaker 10: If you're gonna ask anybody is this offensive, Like Shane Gillis was like, ye do it, let it ride, and Bert was trying to come up with the player because he's like, you got to personalize it.
Speaker 3: And then when I talk to you, that was like the great way to kind of personalize it, while also like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you you wear a person bone in that joke, he was personalized off of you, right. It was to throwing it to a name, because then all of a sudden, you're you're you're saying something to somebody who's defenseless. But it's when it's you, it's like, it's it's fun if you can take the sting off it. It's great, like I'll ship on people the whole show. But then I'm shitting on me more than anybody. You know, there's a hot girl in front. It's like it's like relax, dot, give me static. I know you saw me pull up here in a Saturn. It's like all those like dumb bomb lines. Let the audience know I'm no better than anybody here. So you know, Asian Elon Musk all these dumb Joe oaks, you know that just and that put myself down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's funny. You got that bank account. No, you're thinking Asian Elon Musk would have more money than Elon Musk. Right, Yeah, that's a really good point. You know mathematisms has that. That one's for you. That was the next one, say you an invoice.
Speaker 3: It's interesting too, like because when I talked to Bert, he was like, hey, anytime you got something. I love writing for other people, like I love working on other people's.
Speaker 1: Hold on, hold on.
Speaker 4: Bert Kreischer said he likes writing for Bert Kreischer doesn't write ship. Bert Kreischer just comes in it just starts.
Speaker 1: Talking you guys here about he laugh is so infection.
Speaker 11: Can you imagine Bert They're like building up sitting in his man cave, turning on an Edison bull Blight and just taking a pen and going fuck what no.
Speaker 1: What what?
Speaker 2: I was going to stay with that.
Speaker 1: Comics.
Speaker 2: Don't mind, don't mind helping everybody, don't mind help me?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, that I'll say. So I'm not shitting on Burt obviously, Bert's I love Burt. We kind of came up together everything you just said his clips.
Speaker 1: Clip that out and then.
Speaker 4: Put that out and then the retraction of I you know, as I'm telling Bert, but Bert is Bert's an entertainer. Bert loves entertaining, and the shirt comes off. He is the guy you want to hang out with on the road. We we toured together for two or three years doing this Jameison Whiskey Tour.
Speaker 1: I've never seen anything like it.
Speaker 4: Like he brings a fucking carnival atmosphere anywhere he goes. So you think it's like that's an act, It's like, no, that's him non stop. He would get like parlor games going where we'd we'd be boozing after shows and we get a crowd of kids around us, and he'd hold two beer steins competing against somebody and.
Speaker 1: Money on the line. The whole bar is in on this thing.
Speaker 4: I remember the first time I was dating my girlfriend at the time, now, my wife, she's she's from Minnesota, she's not used to like Carney lifestyle, right, And so she comes to the show in Milwaukee and.
Speaker 1: And we're just hanging out of TEW. She's like, Wow, that was really fun.
Speaker 4: And Billy Gardell was there, who's on Mike and Molly and Bert was on it, and I was on it. And Bert comes busting out of the green room in a cowboy hat, cowboy boots, and butt naked. And my wife's like, what the fuck is that? And and I'm like, that's Burt.
Speaker 1: That's the word.
Speaker 4: She goes there always like this. I'm like with him, it is, Yeah, it's always like that with him. He's just fucking crazy. You see the video of him the other day. He's on stage with a sock on on this peanut.
Speaker 1: Suck Yeah, goddamn comedy jam. Yeah. Is now? What is that a normal deal?
Speaker 4: Am I just I'm not talking about something that everyone's doing over there. No, No, not everybody does that show on a fucking sock. I I for sure would not because I'd have like ankle socks.
Speaker 1: On my small enough, but they get the rubber bands they keep it on. Okay, I was gonna say right when he was moving around, I was like, yeah, you know, I said, right on that piece, like that thing gonna flop off, you know, because I'm legit in my head. I was like, because you when you watch videos sometimes you put yourself in the video, Like what if I did that and I'm watching, I'm like, that should be off in a second. I know they're putting rubber bands on it.
Speaker 3: I think Bert put it around his penis and balls and then rubber banded.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think you hear what Steve said what his sock would be.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'd have an ankle suck Yeah, a newborn sock.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, a new boy maybe shoe off the fucking rear view on it.
Speaker 4: But Bert is one of the nicest comics in the business, and from A to Z from him struggling at the Boston Comedy Club and struggling get sets in New York to like blowing up right now to be in one of the biggest comics in the country and one of the biggest draws there isn't a comic in this industry that doesn't say I'm fucking I'm so happy. I mean, everybody's happy for that dude, because he's a grinder, a total grinder, and and one most given comics too.
Speaker 1: Some of the stories he was telling on this podcast as wild how he had to like really check himself. When Sigura is getting paid like twenty thousand a set or something like that, he was getting two thousand. He had to really I was like, I gotta pick it up or something like that, because being he was jack of all trading, he wasn't just really honing in on that one craft. Yeah, he seems he seems like a well rounded dude.
Speaker 3: Well, I think comes back for him, comes back to him now because you get to look back at the old stuff and it's extremely funny.
Speaker 4: Here's likes so much the playoff. Yeah, here's like a typical comic.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: So I'm doing this film the opening act about like a comics first time on the road.
Speaker 1: I reach out to Bert.
Speaker 4: Bert doesn't call me back, right, which is typical of Bert, if you know Bert. So I just I'm trying to cast this role as a cop in this movie. So I text him and I'm like, hey, man, you have Tom's number, and he gives it back to me, and I called Tom and I cast Tom in the movie. Now, Burt's fucking furious, what the fuck man? You cast Tom in the goddamn movie. I'm like, you don't fucking call me back. I called you, you didn't call me back. So I got Tom's Now I put Tom on the fucking thing. He's like, it's fucking bullshit, man, I don't fucking believe you. All this other stuff and it becomes this fun runner. Right, So I'm about to do the podcast to promote the film that I'm that Tom's in, right, and he brings it up again. But before I knew he was gonna bring it up, so I brought up an email that Vince Vaughn and Peter billings Ley, the producers, are on, and I said, here's who I want to cast in the film. Uh, you know, like Sarah Tiana is the secretary and Berg Chreischer is the cop. They go, they signed off on. I go, great, so it's all like dated everything. I sent it to Bert. I go, look, I fucking did it. I cast you in the goddamn thing. You didn't get back to me. He said, okay, okay, good okay, I saw it.
Speaker 1: Okay. He was actually he was actually mad that he didn't get it into.
Speaker 2: He was pissed.
Speaker 1: And then I don't get a movie.
Speaker 4: Then he he's doing. We had that conversation before. Then he's in his film, right and he's going off to Bulgaria to film his film. Congratulations, so happy before you earn this all the stuff, and I'm sending him good will whatever, and then I'm thinking, this piece of shit, he fucking rakes me over the calls for now and then he's putting everybody in this batsa on a scene. I'm like, you, piece of fucking shit. You didn't put me in your fucking movie. And I actually did cast you. Fuck you Bert got the camera right there.
Speaker 1: Fuck you. I love you. But yeah, yeah, I love you. God damn.
Speaker 4: I'm happy for that dude. And I mean he's he's a party everywhere he goes.
Speaker 1: Yes see that Moses by far the most fun to tour.
Speaker 4: With, without a doubt, really most fun comic. Although I'll say this I I I started working with Joe Gatto from Bro.
Speaker 2: He is so funny and uh im practical jokers.
Speaker 1: He's He was of the four, in my opinion, the most like shameless, like he did not care, would do anything? Would you absolutely it was you watched that show. Yeah, bro, you rolling laughing watching you were trying to come up with some.
Speaker 2: Of our like bits that we were gonna do with uh Hubbard by just watching in practical Jokers all the way long.
Speaker 1: He is funny.
Speaker 4: He I remember we did this Nashville comedy festival that was here and the Jokers were on it, and at the time I had this Sullivan show. We were on it, and so we were we were always hanging out and drinking together, and we were we were fucking boozing and Joe's on the other side of this bar.
Speaker 1: I'm on the side.
Speaker 4: We're all standing up like Colin Jost is there. We're singing piano man, and then Joe jumps off the center and starts dancing. He's taking his shirt off and stuff. I'm like, man, this dude's fucking crazy. He's fucking great. And then I found out he doesn't drink. I was like, you do all this shit sober. You're like, you're dancing doing the worm with your gut out and stuff, and you don't have any liquor. He's like, now, I'm like, that's the fucking I couldn't get my head around it. So so he's started to stand up. He's like, let's go. Uh he loves gambling. So we go to craps table and.
Speaker 1: Nothing to love. Was that toughing.
Speaker 4: He loves it, He loves loves but craps is the thing he loves getting a good community around it.
Speaker 1: It's the most the best social gambling game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's so communal right, yes, but he he gives you license to like have fun because he's having fun. He's shitting on the on the dealer on the call him shit show senior. Shit show. Yeah, shit show, like in a fun, lovable way. But he's losing. And then there was this thing where this kid would always roll and he'd look at me and we'd make eye contact. So you kind of like have a little fun. You're like batting your eyes, you're licking your lips and stuff. And then he keeps he keeps winning. I'm like, fuck, I gotta keep up in the game. So like, so he's he's getting ready to roll, I sneak up behind him, I go between his legs. I'm down on the ground between his legs, looking up at him like this, and he maintains eye contact, rolls it. Joe hits horn high aces on it and wins like fifty. So now I'm like constantly doing shit, and you know, his buddy lifts me up. I put my feet on the fucking craps table and I'm starting to finger myself and like.
Speaker 12: Ah and miss diabolical, and then he hits on the fucking monster bet and they're like, oh my god, like it kept going next then him when I.
Speaker 1: Started jogging them off up here, two guys over here.
Speaker 4: Funny, you bring it up. I got two bottles of water and as he's doing it, I'm going like this and then I go bat and I squirt the water all over me and I'm just drenched in water and again he hits the kid. Rolled for an hour in like five minutes, and I was doing all this crazy shit and I was exhausted. But it's because Gatto was like egging me on. And he's that guy that's like so like he pratfalls everywhere. We're in the airport and he'll walk towards somebody's luggage and he'll just trip over it and he'll pick it up. He's like, oh, I'm so sorry, but he can't get up either. Like the first two, He's got to wrestle with the thing. It's NonStop with all that.
Speaker 1: No cameras, he's still doing that, no cameras, he still does it, no go.
Speaker 4: If there's like stanchions, he'll walk through the stanchion and get wrapped up in it and pull them both down and.
Speaker 1: Create the biggest bang you've ever heard. And people like, oh my god, are you okay?
Speaker 4: Aren't you from bradtical And he's like, no, I'm not that guy, And then they'll just run away.
Speaker 1: It's fucking crazy. He'll just run away, dude, that's so funny.
Speaker 2: Is really fucking funny.
Speaker 4: But we do a pod together called Two Cool Moms where we take people's like questions and answer.
Speaker 1: So he's Jack loves moms, loves moms, dude who loves moms.
Speaker 2: The quarterback for the Jets, Jack Wilson.
Speaker 1: Wilson loves moms pretty much.
Speaker 5: I guess I'm the designated mom guy.
Speaker 1: Now. Yeah, talked about the last pot. It's crazy because when.
Speaker 9: Jack first came on banging in juice boxes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Jack, when he first came out.
Speaker 2: We tried to get him what was pothead.
Speaker 1: Jack stoner jack Jack, you know, and he was not having He's like, guys, my parents and we can't do that. We bring out milk fluver and he's like, yeah I could. I was, I can handle being a milk lover. Well, he goes my career. I wasn't getting paid at the time. I guess, Jet, how long you have this hash? A couple of years he's been. He's at that mustard for a little bit.
Speaker 3: But he brought up a very good point, Billy, all stranger things. I feel like it's a vibe you're going for. Is that true or false?
Speaker 5: It wasn't like my intention, but I can see it for sure. You go a little bit longer and the show Billy goes for Mike's mom.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's why maybe Jake is doing it.
Speaker 4: I'm glad to hear you like moms, because you do look like every other Amber alert.
Speaker 2: We interrupt this episode to bring you go currency dot Com. Getting financing for big ticket items like construction equipment, farm machinery, trucks and trailers can be a complicated and time consuming process, but that isn't the case with currency. Currency specializes in finding the best possible rates in terms for all kinds of equipment without all the hassle. With Currency, customers can get loans for up to five hundred thousand dollars or little or no money down in terms up to seventy two months. Currency can also help you finance expensive items like new or used motor homes, fifth wheel RVs, riding lawnmowers, and utility vehicles. All you need to do is fill out an application and the Currency finance team will get working to find you a lender with the most competitive options out there.
Speaker 3: It's quick, secure, and free to use. Currency is equipment financing made simple. Visit go currency dot com and find out what currency can do for you.
Speaker 1: Back to the episode. The first week I watched Titanic with my grandma in theaters saw did you cry? Oh? Well no, I didn't crow. I was too young to feel the emotions of the movie. Ever, so when the boobs came out, it was kind of the whole movie was a blur after that, you know, pay me like your friend girls.
Speaker 2: I was like, man, we're done.
Speaker 1: It's weird to jerk off in front of grandma. That was awkward. Right next to you. She put her hand over my eyes and I'm like, fucking get out of the way, dude.
Speaker 2: I feel like that was my first movie where my parents I covered my the first pair of boobs I ever saw it and like it changed me.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, Titanic. Yeah, it's still apply a top five movie to me of all time. Really, I love that movie. Fuck, it's been a few years for sure, it's still whole. No, no, it's been like six months. I watched it during the season, maybe after Week one. I had a tough Week one. I really just wanted to get emotional before you go to the night. In my jams, I'm flying with you, Jackie. You can sing though. Thank you for saying that. Dude. Is that a bad thing that he said? No, I was like, oh shit, yeah, Wolfi's like I've never seen someone go there and just give it. Like yeah. In my head, I was like, I'm about to blow these people away. I have no idea how it actually went. Yeah, it was great. I'll tell you.
Speaker 4: I I first off, jelly Roll could do stand up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my god, so good. You can do stand up. I appreciate yeah, you.
Speaker 4: Knowing you and then hanging with you and then being on the show. I like, there's a because I watched the clips this. You guys have more chemistry than some comics on their podcast, and you could do this.
Speaker 1: You could do stand up. I'm sure if you wanted to. Well, you're texted me. Yeah. And I was at August fourth because.
Speaker 4: We're hanging backstage and you you had said two or three funny things in the in the green room. I was like, oh, fuck you, you gotta go it sense to you, right, But you I think what's like Doing this is one thing, but then being on stage, and yeah, you have to have like presence, right, you have to have some semblance of presents. Even like someone like Nate who's pretty like dry in terms of his delivery, he still has a great presence on stage. You know, Jesselnick incredibly dry. He just gives nothing to the audience, but he definitely has a different presence than like Christier, for example, sore. But you guys both have a great presence. And that night you did it, I was I was really blown away to know that that was the first time you had been on.
Speaker 1: Stage, but then to deliver jokes like that was fucking great. Yeah, I feel like you would be really good at that riding and all that. We've talked about it a bunch. Yeah, it's funny, dude, Yeah, it was funny to see live shows. All we meant talking to rhymeman, Baby, we're doing the rhymen. Well we haven't, No, no, we haven't, but we are putting a rhyme and said we said, hey, we're doing the rhymen. Necks and the rymen and Twitter like sense of my eyes. So you guys are I guess you could say it's in the work crush.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, well, I feel like we could do we could do like go to our spots, yeah, where we feel like we'd get a crowd and do a lift show.
Speaker 1: Especially for Bus. The live show was a blast, and we did. We we got the live show. Will called me and said, hey, do you want to do a live show at Zany's And I was like, yeah, sounds good because you'll agree to anything if it's far enough away. You don't only think about it too much, right, So it gets closer and closer and I'm hey, we should Uh. I even go to Will and I'm like, we should probably write a couple things about what we should do and did not do a fucking thing. Didn't do a thing. And there was a couple of people from Barstool that came to see the show, like, hey, you guys preparing, Like no, not at all.
Speaker 3: I sent you because we could never give with Steve because I like Steve wants to soda doesn't have that. Because he sent the email and I was like, hey, check out this email and then yes, you got to go to KFC where it's like, all right, they have a podcast they're doing the last year one minute.
Speaker 1: A huge point to go to that because they asked both of us to come on the show. Will come he just had a new baby, still say I'll go because I really want to see, like what the vibe was like on a stage like that and everything. And once once I left there, I was like, we're gonna be just fine. But it was nerve wracking before, Like sitting in that green room, I was nervous. You were not. You weren't nervous because I was nervous about the stand you to stand up. So his his nerve level for the show is like we're good, and you got a buddy with you too, Like there's a you have a buddy.
Speaker 4: Set, Like when were us like, yeah, so cool to how we though of him. That was really cool because social boy. Yeah, but I mean most comics don't have that, Like you're kind of going up for the first time and you're new to this, you don't have anybody really there. But to see how supportive you were beaming about him, and it was almost like you scored a touchdown the.
Speaker 1: Way you came into the you know, the green. Wow, it was really cool to see I'll tell you it's my it's my guy. Yeah, that's my boy, and that that that was one of the most fun nights I've had, Like that was actually my first time in Zanies. Wow, any time in there and then being around all y'all and after we're all drinking in the places shut down that it was time. It was a it was a feel you're like, man, like, it's like living somewhere for so long and then you find out there's this whole new world that's just as exciting and more fun than most of the things you usually do on a regular basis instead of going to the bars, like go to aanies. It's so much fine.
Speaker 4: Like even like last night I was at the Comedy Seller and every time I go, because now I visit, you know, I go and pop in and do my my sets, and the sellers like the club in New York, right, you want to be past there. So everybody goes to meets and you walk in and Chris Rock's there, Kevin Hart's there, TJ. Miller's there, Mark Norman's there, Samuel's there, and you just know, all right, Tech's there.
Speaker 1: Fuck now I'm drinking, and you know you leave at.
Speaker 4: Five in the morning, but it's like that communal spot where you know you could walk in with me, and next thing you know, you're sitting at a table with all the best comics in New York City and just having a fucking blast, just stuff.
Speaker 1: You couldn't even you couldn't make up in your own has a child, Yeah, yeah, I mean, Kevin's just just like mad Dog and me and I didn't seen him in years.
Speaker 4: We were just catching up and he's just going on in this bit and I'm dying laughing. And then you're watching him and Chris they're filming a dock at the time, and then TJ. Miller, who's just I think one of the like almost like an anti Kaufman esque of like stand up comics where he'll just go up and just do crazy shit outside the box. And he had the comic before I was to go up after him. So he he was doing bits, and they had the MC come back up and introduce him like two or three more times because he felt like it wasn't going well.
Speaker 9: And then he was doing these bits and it was weird.
Speaker 4: And then I said, what you should do is before he brings me up, you go up again, as you're saying when they bring me up. And then he brought me up as Kevin Hart. And so it was fucking great that club. This is my favorite seller story of all time. I was just new there, maybe like a year in, and on any given night, anybody could walk through the door, and so this maybe two years a year in on stand up comedy, two years in. So I go in and Godfrey's hosting, and it's a Tuesday night.
Speaker 9: The seller's not the seller like what it is now.
Speaker 4: Right now it's like a tourist spot and it's packed every night and there's three different rooms.
Speaker 1: But then it was just.
Speaker 9: Maybe one hundred people on a Tuesday night.
Speaker 4: Godfrey goes up, he said, ladies and gentlemen, This is why I love the commedy seller.
Speaker 1: You never know who's going to stop in here tonight.
Speaker 4: So tonight we I got a special guest, Ladies and gentlemen, How about it for Rob Williams. Rob Williams goes up for like thirty minutes, just crushes, crushes, right, and all the young comics are kind of waiting to go up and stuff. And then Godfred goes back up. He's like, oh my god, you guys, you're never gonna believe this. How about a big round plause? Ray Romano, Now everybody loves Ray and was still on the air. Ray Ronald comes in place, goes bananas, and then Godfrey goes back up.
Speaker 1: He's like, guys, this is just one of those nights.
Speaker 4: I can't believe I'm saying this, But ladies and gentlemen, big round plause. Dave Chappelle. Chappelle walks in. They're losing their fucking minds. Yeah, it's Tuesday. They paid ten bucks to go in. I don't whens back up. Comics are slowly like leaving because they know the nights getting longer. Goes back up, Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: Jerry Seinfeld. Seinfeld comes in the fucking place. They're they're going nuts, right, Yeah, Seinfeld comes off, I'm the only one staying now, okay, because everybody's gone home now, and Godfrey goes back up. He's like, ladies, yep, I can't believe him saying this. I've never seen it like this.
Speaker 1: Chris Rock.
Speaker 4: Chris Rock goes up, fucking destroys right, they're giving him a standing over as longer these sets they're doing, they're all doing like twenty maybe a half hour, but.
Speaker 1: We're in there for three and a half hours.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, those shows would go from nine to two in the morning. No way, I was the only one that stayed left. Godfrey goes back up, he goes, guys, you're not gonna believe us. I cannot believe them saying this, ladies and gentlemen, Eddie Murphy. People are fucking standing up, applauding, crying and egos just kidding.
Speaker 1: Steve Burne, no oh, so how'd you do? I fucking bomb? Oh my god?
Speaker 4: You know, play the dicks that night because it was just like that sustatement of excitement and everything that they had. But as a young comic, again, it's one of those learning experiences when we were just watching the best of the best and then going upstairs and hearing their stories was fucking great.
Speaker 1: Now, when you have that much star power around, you're like new starting out. Is there like a what you're allowed to do and not allowed to do? Like, is there like an unwritten rule of being able to Like, hey, you can only hang out for this long, you probably shouldn't. You don't want to sit there in the room with everyone and kind of just stick around for to be the guy that sticks around for too long.
Speaker 4: Well, at the at the cellar in particular, it's called the table and the tables where only past comedians can sit there. So you get a bunch of comics that come and they want to be around, so they go off to the other tables. But the tables the table, So you'd sit at the table during your sets, but when those guys come in, you just shut.
Speaker 1: The fuck up and listen. Really some great stories.
Speaker 3: Yeah, God, that's awesome, that's incredible. I mean, you've been doing comedy since ninety seven.
Speaker 4: Ninety seven, yeah, twenty plus years now, so it's been six a long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, like talk about that grind. I mean, you've been in it for obviously fucking.
Speaker 1: It's it's the best job in the world.
Speaker 4: But I think what I what I like now is like seeing all my friends hit at different times, right, like Chrischer again, like a grinder that just kept getting passed up. Sebastian, you know, I mean, the guy's doing what eight shows sold out Madison Square Garden and there was a period of time where nobody wanted anything to do with him, like nothing to do with him, but we all like at the store, we always would have impressions of comics we loved, and Sebastian had this joke. So anytime you know Sebastian be on stage, you know, you'd walk in and be like, who's on stage? You go Apple Martini, and he's like, oh, that's your way of saying Sebastian.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: So it's fun to see like guys hit at different points that really deserve it, and then there's guys like Steve Simone that don't hit, but you still love watching. And I don't know, it's just fun to see the growth and even like guys like Mark Norman and Samuerel, these Joe List, these guys in New York City, they're blowing up. It's fun to see them take the industry within themselves, because before you'd have to wait for the anointment of the industry Netflix or HBO to give you your first break. But now it's like Andrew Schultz, you just release it on your own platform and then all the comics get together and via social media blow it the fuck out to help that individual. And now you're getting ten million views on YouTube and monetizing that and making just as much money and kind of giving a finger to the industry, which I love that. I can't believe Mark Norman one of the most prolific, and Sam and Joe. These guys are all joke writers, their craftsmen. They really take their job seriously, and Netflix passed them up, and it's like now they're bigger than ever. They're doing theaters and stuff, and they deserve it.
Speaker 2: Because of politics, I.
Speaker 9: Think, I think there are the industry.
Speaker 4: You can't take it personally, you know, I'm sure much like your industry, you got it.
Speaker 1: You gotta there.
Speaker 4: There's a point where, like if you get traded right, it's just like you can go let your emotions get involved, but there is a business to this.
Speaker 1: At the end of the day.
Speaker 4: Too, and the industry in our business their heat seeking missiles. They want to go after people that got a little heat or a little cachet. And every few years there's this new individual that comes out. The industry backs. But but you got to go with the tried and true of the people that are grinding, like Mark or Sam or Joe or you know, any of us when we're younger.
Speaker 1: So so you're saying, well with the new, but the new stuff, you don't really need the Netflix anymore, Hume.
Speaker 2: Same thing with christ the Stefanel.
Speaker 1: He did his stand up and he's like, Netflix, canna have it if they want to blah blah, and they end up coming after even film the thing. They everybody turned him down and then he released it on YouTube or yeah, Neplix bought it. Shane gillis as well, hish it is. That's stand up. I thought this Stephano is hilarious too.
Speaker 4: And all those guys they took it upon themselves and before they were doing this, like Joe Koy another perfect example, right, the guy is blowing up, he's sun up theaters. The industry wants nothing to do with him, so he goes out. He's got deep enough pockets. He says, well, fuck it, I'll just film myself. He goes back home in Seattle, gets a big theater, blows it the fuck out, looks at the credits, goes he's the DP on that thing.
Speaker 9: I'll call him up. He's the director on that, I'll call him up.
Speaker 4: Gets all the people that worked on the other ones, puts the puts the sweat equity and money value into it, and then goes back to it and says this.
Speaker 1: This should be on.
Speaker 4: They go yeah, fuck, of course, yeah yeah, And then it goes on, and now he's got a film with Steven Spielberg.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, that's he took it again.
Speaker 4: All these guys were talking about took a gamble on themselves and took money out of the pocket and put production value behind the things that they're doing. And now they're being rewarded for it. And they deserve it too, because it's talent meets sweat equity meets commerce.
Speaker 1: So when you're talking about atomics and different style of storytellers and joke writers, craftsmen and stuff like that, is there like kind of a seasonal thing Like people are really into like shot comedy right now, are people really into storytelling right now, that made the industry gets behind like someone could behind a Burt Crush and there's like a Ralphie may Or.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh, this is just kind of saying whatever.
Speaker 4: Depends on the voice, right, I mean there's different voices for a different periods of time, right, Like Bill Burr is I think the voice of right now you have He's Mount Rushmore, and I mean Mount Rushmore for me, yeah, I'd probably put him up there, but I also started with him, so I don't look at him like everybody else does you know where it's like, oh my god, it's Bill.
Speaker 1: Burt's like, you know, this is Bill who who?
Speaker 4: We would perform at Dangerfields in front of fifteen people, and he would go on these you know, quote unquote misogynistic kicks. And I would see a sixty five year old woman go and go to strangle Bill Burr little Dangerfield. She got up and Bill just took the mic stand and held it in front of him like this. He's like, lady, you can't do this. You can't do this lady because there was no security. So Bill's just like like the crucifix and that the Exorcist backing her way, and eventually her husband came and dragged her off. But but I mean Burr is Yeah, I mean he's definitely the comic right now. I'd put him above Chappelle even I think in terms of just hitting a different stride and blowing up and being so well received that he is this lightning rod for comedy right now that everybody knows and loves him. Who would be on your mount Rushmore? Uh, Carlin, pryor Rock for me? I love Chris Rock. I I put Bill burther Yeah, yeah, but I don't know. There's also I don't know, there's so many different factions stand up too, so I know there's like a comedy comedian episode there's no laughs because I'm talking about the art of comedy.
Speaker 6: No, this is.
Speaker 1: This. I don't know.
Speaker 9: There's so many just different gears.
Speaker 4: And like I'm reading that book Elvis in Vegas, But the book's really about entertainment of Vegas, how Vegas came to be, and all these great performers and entertainers that performed out of Vegas. I love Dean Martin, I love Bob Hope, I love Johnny Carson. I'll watch I'll love Dangerfield, Dangerfield is one of my favorites. And you could watch a Dangerfield set today and you could put it in front of of We're all different brackets of ages and generations. You could put Dangerfield on right now. It fucking kills, still kills. My wife is so ugly. I took her to the fishing pier. All the fishermen go, oh, what bait you use? I mean, that's a fucking great joke. It's so quick and just right there and compact.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I love like that kind of delivery. I love Weekend Update watching Colin Jos and Michael ja. Yeah, and they got evergreen kind of one liners.
Speaker 1: Have you seen the skit they did where they wrote each other's jokes. That's the fuck of it. Probably the funniest thing I've ever seen.
Speaker 4: Absolutely hilarious, my favorite thing. And they truly don't know. And Chade loves to bury Jos.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, this kills that man.
Speaker 4: But Jos Jost is such a great writer. People don't know that guy was a head writer, like in his twenties. So that's he came out on the road with me when he was just writing, and for three summers he would just come out and we got to know each other and that dude is prolific. We just went and did a run of shows and we woke up at like eight, golfed all day, hung out with the guys, had dinner and lunch, you know, and then literally rushed back to the hotel, shower up, go do the show in front of two thousand people. And from the night before he had fifteen new minutes. I was like, when did you work on that? He's like, oh, its just in my head all day. I was like, how the fuck Like, but to prepare and memorize for like, I'd have to sit down and put in a notebook and write it out, and he just did it on stage. It was fucking is. And when he would go on the road with me in his twenties, he would have a new fifteen minutes every night. I'm not joking every night. That's it's unheard of. That's again, that's how prolific he was.
Speaker 1: It really is.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 4: You have three newspapers next to him. At the pool, he'd go swimming in the morning. I remember I was hungover and I have to go do morning radio.
Speaker 1: That dude, I don't think I'm speaking as he's.
Speaker 4: Harvard educated, good looking, handsome, married to a movie star. He's the friend I have that shipped his pants most in publicly. You want to hear ship your pants stories to Colin Jost, He's shipped his pants during finals in Harvard where he's sitting in ship.
Speaker 1: Do you have like.
Speaker 4: Nervous Like I gotta do't know, Like I think he's a nervous shitter. I think he's lactose in tolerant and we'd go get ice cream. He's like, he's like, this is the gamble I'm willing to take every time I.
Speaker 1: Respect a Tier one dessert. In my opinion, it's out there, dude.
Speaker 4: So when I look at him and he always lays in ship jokes once every two or three weeks, and I'm like, I know where this is coming from.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because he experiences it himself. Is it is it hard to stay patient for your time?
Speaker 4: And I'm not talking like you specifically, but as your economic coming up, staying patient, like you see you're growing through your career with all these guys.
Speaker 2: You see guys at their moments, they oh, yeah, you know that. You guys see that too in your industry? Were sure, We're yeah, absolutely you're getting rewarded.
Speaker 1: You're a little bit It's a little bit different though, because it's pretty cut and dry and football you're either producing or not producers. Yeah, there's politics when you get to like the practice field and camp, Like a guy who goes undrafted is not gonna have a fair enough shot to a guy's like a third round pick or something like that. They're gonna give a guy. So you get on the field on a Sunday and you ball, it's like, don't lie. Yeah, it's cutting dry comedy. It's more like it's a creative space. So everybody's energy is a little bit different. So many different styles, yeah, a lot of different styles. It's longer, like you've been on State since ninety seven. It's like football is a finite career, like a very short career. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Look, I mean the healthiest way to do it is I I always got in the mindset of like we're all golfing. I got to concentrate on my game. I can't concentrate on your game. Your game means nothing to me. I don't even golf. But that was my way of making it analogous and healthy for myself. I think the great thing.
Speaker 1: Go to the hole.
Speaker 2: That word means, I mean analogy, but just a bigger way.
Speaker 4: Of saying thank hey, Van turn to figure out, like, let's make it, guys, I am half Korean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well there it is more more waters we can't try.
Speaker 9: They talk about porn and you guys will demolish me.
Speaker 1: Okay, so here starts for a little different.
Speaker 9: But I think like in that industry, it's so easy to see. But now what what the difference was?
Speaker 4: The the industry would anoint certain individuals like Mini Kalik for example, Right, she was anointed pretty early on Ivy League, educated and and.
Speaker 9: Just running with a great career. And I'm sure she works really hard at it, of course.
Speaker 4: But but but with comedy, the industry would annoint you based off a great tonight chose set. But if the booker didn't like you, well you're not getting on and you could kill on the road. Nowadays you don't need that.
Speaker 1: Ship.
Speaker 4: Bird's a perfect example, like the industry ignored him for years. He just did a movie with Mark Hamill. I mean he did it on his own. Schultz did it on his own. A these guys are doing it on their own. It's the com MVP of this podcast right now. He's been brought up a lot today, he.
Speaker 1: Has been talked to it. Yeah, but I mean, I really am.
Speaker 4: He's a great beacon of hope for people that are talented that just got passed over, and he did it on his own and for me, my journey.
Speaker 2: It's funny over.
Speaker 4: COVID, I watched My Hour specials because for five years I've were working on this hour that I'm filming here in Tennessee. I was filming at Saturday, August twenty seventh at Franklin Theater. And for years, everybody said no to me. Nobody wanted my new hour, like nope, you're done, You're like washed up. I had a sitcom and nobody wanted anything to do with me. And then I had this film that came out during pandemic, of course, and it did well but well enough, right, but didn't have like an impact. So I'm just sitting there waiting and waiting for like a fucking yes, well, somebody say yes to this, and I thought, Okay, I'm thinking I'm gonna have to do this on my own. But then finally somebody from Amazon saw it. But it was only because I think I had the time to go back and be accountable for my I went back and I watched all my hours and I was like, it was good, it's it.
Speaker 1: It was good. It wasn't great. Like if I were to listen to a podcast of Will and I sometimes I'm like a lot of people listen to this, like it's just us hang out, you know. Yeah, so you're gonna be a massive critic of your own self, like you're just hearing yourself talk and everything.
Speaker 4: But you got to be accountable for I think it's easy to go, oh, well fuck it, or they're racist, or I'm fucking great on this. You could make a thousand excuses, but if you don't take the time to look at yourself and go, no, it's just not good enough.
Speaker 1: You didn't do well enough. You gotta do better.
Speaker 4: And so I pushed myself even further and harder and really wrote and went out to my friends and said can you take a look at this? Can you help me with this? And then going oh this is tweak this and then'll be fucking and then it all kind of gloms together. And then after I did this self accountability, look myself in the mirror, I go, okay, now take another stab at it and I did, and then Amazon said all right, let's do it.
Speaker 1: And it took.
Speaker 4: That was the hardest yes I've ever gotten in this industry. It took so much fucking rejection. And so whether it hits, whether it doesn't, I'm just fucking proud that finally, like I did the work and it paid off and we'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 3: I like how you said all that stuff too, with the self accountability aspect, because you're like, yeah, we can come on, and I felt we Obviously it's sometimes it sucks to hear our voice over and over, but like with football.
Speaker 1: Right, you're here yourself like like you play something back and you're like, I sound like that. Me is especially I have the amount of times to have somebody go to I didn't think it sound like that is how big I am life. I'm living out here. You know what I'm saying, I should look like I should. I should sound like that dude from the All State commercials, that black dude. You know what I'm saying. Yeah, but I don't. I sound like a fucking six year old.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of guys who would be in denial about their own game, thinking like I'm not sure how did that? Is the most annoying ship when people do that sometimes kind of like the same thing, like you go back and actually look at how you play, and then you go and get peer perspective, like sometimes you might be nervous to go get another outside to be harder to do, but like going somebody, hey, actually do like watch this for me, check this out for me, give me your honest feedback, like don't buy you on the bush, Like I think that's but isn't there like when when somebody you always see this, right, somebody has a breakout year contract year, then they go to like the Yankees for example, whatever team you want, and they get this major fucking contract and then they just don't produce.
Speaker 4: Is there like a complacency when you hit a truly ridiculous amount of money that you see sometimes in athletes it thinks it's.
Speaker 1: All depending on the individual. Yeah, like some guys from going from somewhere somewhere to somewhere else. I think a lot of times is depends what position you play. Like if you're a receiver and you had all these yards, but they were throwing you the ball a time, and then you go to a team that maybe has more players something like that, and you're not as utilizing that offense, right, that might play And there's a level of complacency that guys do get when when it's the This guard his name was David DeCastro. He plays for the Steelers. He got broke off paid one year and I was it was twenty sixteen. We're at the pro and he's like, these are gonna be the next the hardest five years of my life. And I'm like, why because that motivation to get paid is now gone? You know, so where where where else is that chip now? Where Hainesworth? Albert Hainsworth? Well, there's probably more guys than not that don't grind, right, there's got to be of a level of like, you you have to have a different why than money. If your why is just money, you're not going to succeed to your ultimate potential. So this is something I do wonder because you guys do this profession.
Speaker 4: But does the competitive fire kind of wane once you become a professional understanding we're all pros here, you know, like you see like I'm a huge hockey guy, right, so you're seeing guys play and even in the fighting, they don't want to necessarily really hurt each other because but.
Speaker 1: The game's also evolve so much, right, there's not like these guardians of the ice anymore, where it's like these dudes are here to play three minutes and beat the shit out of people. Yeah, yeah, that's a different thing. But what what I think is that's so different is in football, it's just hard, dude. It's the competitively. You're either competitive or you're not. Right, these guys that are ultimately super talented and you can come in at any time. Well, but like those guys are crazy talented and are just like good and they can turn it on and off whenever they want. Julius Peppers is a guy that reminds me of that, because even at his older age, putting against him, he looked like he didn't really care. But then all of a sudden he'd be like, I'm gonna get a sack real quick, and he'd just go fucking light somebody up because he just was that good. Sure, and those guys like Michael Jordan where it doesn't matter the cash never mattered at him. It was really about like I need to win and be the best. That competitive lebron Kobe, those guys. But that's why you see those guys transcend up to the top. It's because they have that competitive edge. They're fueled by something else other than the success about what other people say or what their peers think about them. They're they're a field by whatever side of them, not like fame, money and everything else. I think it just all depends on these social.
Speaker 4: Media like like with comedy, like I hear so many comments, go, fuck, I don't want to do this, like you have to post, you have to you almost have to do a podcast now it's a comic, right, and a lot of them just don't want to do They just don't want to do it, right, But professional athletes, I mean, do you feel that you need to do it?
Speaker 1: Is something like for this podcast, for this podcast.
Speaker 4: If you were just just Wrickly an athlete without the podcast, would you be active on it or would you just be like, fucking, I'm good, I'm on the field. I don't have to I don't have to market myself. But but there is still a marketability for everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I was just gonna say I was gonna say, yeah, like if there was no podcast, like I always I've always enjoyed, like whether it's making people laugh or showing people, you know, things that go on, Like I've always enjoyed that stuff, Like I've always goofed around and like had fun with it. So I think I would be doing it no matter what.
Speaker 3: But also like when you are an athlete, like seeing it as like you know, NFL stands for not for long, Like the average career is two point eight years. Yeah, there's only a finite amount of time that you're gonna have to play this sport.
Speaker 2: Now. Not everybody's gonna cash out and be able to hit like some huge bag, Like you should do well if you're in the league for several years, like you should be well enough to give yourself a cushion for a couple of years, but eventually you're gonna have to find something to do. And even people who make a lot of money, like you're still gonna have to have some kind of curiosity whenever you're done playing. So whenever you do have like to me, the way I look at it, when you do have the shield, you need to use it as much as you can, even when you're in college, especially with NIL now, but before the NIL stuff, like you have a certain amount of time to shake as many hands as possible.
Speaker 3: Network as much as network as much as you can. I always say, your jokes are funnier, you're better looking all this stuff while you're playing, So you need to take advantage of it. And social media is a way to build your brand, whether or not you have a podcast or anything else, you have this platform, these platforms to kind of maximize the window that you're in if you're trying to parlay it into something else, because whenever it's gone and it's behind you, and so you weren't doing.
Speaker 1: It, you don't care about your nar as much.
Speaker 2: People Yeah, people don't know what. The League's not gonna take care of you afterwards. People don't care about you as much. And everybody's gonna like any opportunity you try.
Speaker 3: To create or make, they're gonna be, oh, you know, he's kind of he's kind of trying to get back into something now that now the ball's over.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 3: So that's how I've always looked at it. I've always enjoyed it, and now it's like having this stuff gives me even more.
Speaker 1: Ver a pad of a time for you guys.
Speaker 4: I mean to have this that you built up and now you know the track set, Like like when it does eventually draw to a close, you have this next venture, which is so fucking awesome because there's a lot of comic or a lot of professional athletes I know that deal with the depression that comes with it, with you know, the pivot and change of loss of identity, having a regiment to schedules.
Speaker 1: When you just said, it's got to be probably the biggest one, yea loss of identity because when you play sports, especially you play football and even hockey that you're a big hockey fan, like you got to commit to that sport rights and quick especially in hockey, but your whole life is that, And then you got guys who put their head down and grind. Like before this podcast, I didn't even think about anything other than football, and then once this podcast are there was a level of pressure in the back of mind that I didn't even realize I had. Where I said, when this thing started going off, it's like, Okay, I know I'm gonna be okay after football. Sure, I know I'm gonna be all right for whether it's the identity thing, whether it's what am I gonna do, Like how am I going to still like the scratch his itch of being competitive? It's like you know, numbers going up and all that, or like some sort of creative outlet. That's definitely something that's I think guys are really really struggling with when they're done right right hard time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it's like that the stuff we talked about Eric Wood, like finding that next roller coaster, Like we've lived a we've lived our entire lives to play a sport like our dream, and we're living out our dream.
Speaker 1: And it's going to come to a close.
Speaker 3: And when it does, it's like, you know, if you're lucky enough to play to thirty, you have hopefully the majority of your life left. Like what are you going to like do or put your energy into. And I think guys do struggle because you were put on this pedestal for our entire lives, Like our years are built around ourselves. Yeah, we're like selfish with our time and like because money is like the factor that says, hey I make X amount, this life should be around me because I'm on TV every weekend.
Speaker 2: Sure, and then when that's over with, it's not like you realize, like.
Speaker 1: It's pretty fucking awesome. Yeah, it's a dope professor. Oh yeah, anything like college, dude, college, you're you go to a major University of Nebraska in Michigan.
Speaker 2: There's a silver spoon the whole time you're at that school.
Speaker 4: I Kent State, I know, I don't know. I know the Golden fo that's a big deal right there to eighteen and fourteen. I got the fever. You got the fever.
Speaker 6: Baby.
Speaker 1: But when you're there, like you're going and you're you're working through all stuff in your hand is held the whole time. Yeah, I was the guy that grinded on that two point oh. I would do whatever I could just to keep the two point out grind a two point oh. I would go and teach you. Hey, if you just change these couple of things, can get a BE instead of a C. Yeah, why, I'll just get the see it. I'm passing. I'm solid. What do you mean? But I can play degrees? Agree, your degree doesn't say C on it. It's a fucking degree, you know. And so but when you're there, like you have the academic centers, you have the tutors, you have all this stuffy Yeah, dude, that's the truth.
Speaker 2: So it's like allows me to still play.
Speaker 1: It means good to go right, That means I can play, Like, yes, good for the stars. Yeah they're nice. It's a beautiful view. But if you're in the stars, you can't see the stars. You know what I'm saying. Fuck that ship. I want to look at them, bitch, this is nice. There's joke twenty three US. I saw plenty of stars. Dude, you gotta it's dude, it's but it's what it is, Dude. You're in these guys, like I was lucky enough to go play in the NFL. Some of these guys finished college and they're like, you're not the man anymore. It's over, yeah, you know, And it's just it's finding a way to figure out not being the man from like people know who you are, how much money, Like, how do you feel in yourself that same confidence you had when you were football or were you know, all all that and that was It's gonna be a hard thing for a lot of guys.
Speaker 4: You find it alarming that there's more coverage on football than national politics.
Speaker 1: I'm I think it's better. I think that's you should have more. You should have more coverage on football than politics. As much as much coverage as possible. Every time I turned on my my Instagram, it's Biden stuttering out something, and then a couple of years ago is Trump being racist about something. It's just like, we know what, we know what Taylor's algorithm feeds him. I just played both sides. It's just you do you you watch the news? Do you turn you go homie turn on CNN? I wat.
Speaker 9: I I do watch both.
Speaker 1: I do watch both.
Speaker 4: So I love to get my January sixth update on one network and then uh yeah, hear the pro police update on the other network. But I love, I love I just as a comic. I really hope Trump runs again. God, I fucking love it. It's like a Christmas buffet that dude does not stop giving. He's fucking cereal for days.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I love him. I love Can you talk to some of them right wing casts are like, well, you know Fox is actually owned by the liberals too. It's just it's crazy, this whole world we're living in a like Illuminati type shit.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, I mean it was so funny how like Elon Musk is like this golden child and then he's like, I think I might Republican.
Speaker 1: He's like, this guy's a piece of ship. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I just think it's so fascinating, the pendulum swings that the media has and everything. But just like as a comedian, I'm strictly speaking as a comedian, I fucking loved Trump. I think he is just absolutely fascinating. He doesn't give a fuck, He just says whatever he wants.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean the fact that Clift the part where he says, I fucking love Trump, that's it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's all we want, and hearts around me.
Speaker 1: But I mean, you know the fact that Twitter is gonna love this episode again another way again, like.
Speaker 4: When when he's asked questions like what do you think of Heidi Clum and he's like, well, sadly she's no longer a ten. It's like, that's fucking crazy gribe a human being as no longer being a ten. Like I'm like, keep those oude me write that down.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Politics are not for me, dude, Yeah, not for me.
Speaker 2: Not interested in it to me, Like everybody gets way too there's too much, too much, Yeah, the emotional involvement.
Speaker 3: Like I'll just listen, I'm just trying to live. I'm just trying to like do my my daily stuff.
Speaker 1: People say, if you argue you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything. I say, fuck that, dude, I'll not stand for anything. It's the best get along with anybody, you know what I'm saying. Who Yeah, I'll fall for it all someone. If I'm around somebody, that's Democrats all mine, dude, if I'm running Republicans.
Speaker 2: So I think Jeff Di had a bit about that. That ship was hilarious.
Speaker 3: I mean, for real, though, people tell me something, I'm pretty goible. Just oh shit, for real, I like, damn, that's great. Is this man is the most dollible man of all time?
Speaker 6: Bro?
Speaker 1: I want to talk about how the Earth's slack? Guys, Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 4: I think like, especially as a comic, I like to peg both of them. I like to ship on both of them because comics, I think eighty five percent of predominantly leftists. And so when I tweet stuff that fills the void of the right, I get shipped on, I get blocked.
Speaker 1: I'm like I hit everybody.
Speaker 4: You guys know me and I had a friend, a good friend, and a very popular comic stopped talking to me because of all the stuff and.
Speaker 1: We need this ahead. I'll give you an no, don't don't do that, Neil Brennan.
Speaker 4: Because the political thing, yeah, because he's he's he's look, he's definitely pretty lefty. I still love Neil, like I respect my flu to New York to see his show. But he said, I just can't talk to you. I'm sure at some point I'll see him and I'll hug him or whatever. But but he basically was bent up because, you know, as co creator Chappelle's show, I think you definitely have an inn with a certain community of this nation, right, and people that predominantly vote Democrat.
Speaker 9: I'll just say that black people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah that.
Speaker 4: So we were having this debate about January sixth and BLM riots and I think rioting across the board is bad, and I think rioting the capitol is as bad as riding city streets and destroying businesses. And he was like, one is justified once not and we're going on this, you know, pontification and debate about it. And he just said, I just can't talk to you anymore because the last election. I think it culminated because the last election I couldn't vote for either candidate he said, how.
Speaker 1: Do you not pick this over that? And I was like, I just.
Speaker 4: I'm a little I'm a lot more apolitical, but I am very political in certain jokes, you know what I mean. So I'm not emotionally invested in politics, but he is. And so for me, I like to kind of jab a bit more.
Speaker 3: And I know that's what I hate, like potentially loosing homies over stuff like that. So I would just rather be like you know, they'll say with somebody will say whatever they want to say, and I'm like, I'm not.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be emotionally invested in.
Speaker 1: This kind of conversation.
Speaker 2: I want to still hang out, Like whoever sitting next to me might feel a certain way.
Speaker 1: But I'm invested in me, like say, I just like I'm the back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, fucking any of those kinds of conversations. Yeah, because to me, it's not worth all the like, hey, we're literally splitting up friendship wise over something political.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, in my industry, I'd say ninety five percent of the people I work with are not only left, but really left. In the entertainmentustry, it is a bubble absolutely that people would live within this dome of like super progressive values. And I'm pretty progressive, but I'm not like hardened, Like I believe in smaller government. I believe you know, certain things. Yeah, if you want to get an abortion, I think you should, you know. So I have a perspective. I think that's kind of like more middle than most people. But my peers are all pretty extreme.
Speaker 1: Balance is important in life, So why wouln't you try to stay balanced in your views as well?
Speaker 4: So I love living here because like the city's blue, like most the outskirts are red. And so when you go and perform at Zanies, you get this great hybrid of opinions, and so you could tell these fun jokes and like one of the jokes that I don't do material on this, but you know, it was a real experience. Literally the first day I move in, the setup is real. The punch is a joke, right, and the setup is I was signing a package in this brand new home that I first day I move in, and the ups drivers like, so where'd you move from? I'm like all Los Angeles. He's like California. I go yeah, he goes, he goes, hey, will you do me a favor? I go yeah, He goes, you keep your fucking politics in California, and I was like, holy shit, Okay, I'm in the South now, and my joke is, don't worry about the thing, sir. The only thing were brought with me is my black Jewish husband. Yeah that's the joke, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You just kind of like finding a way. But I try to, like I just try to find it a way to hit both sides, you know. Yeah, yeah, I'm pro vibes man provibs.
Speaker 1: That a line? What a line by the boy dude? That's the truth all Like, Well, people are angry about a lot of stuff that was up in Canada for for a month. I'm mad about stuff up there too.
Speaker 2: Trudeau.
Speaker 1: They hate him? What are they?
Speaker 2: What's what's he true? Don't true?
Speaker 1: Don't you don't there's fuck Trudeau stickers. That's like Canada is just an America up there right now? What's the fuck Trudeau? Oh that's a part Like they're a guy. Okay, they're they're prime minister. Oh yeah, and he's like trying to do a whole bunch of stuff. He came in with good ideas allegedly. I don't know. It seems like people are really not about him, really, not about them. Yeah, and I'm pretty sure who is the guy who ran Cuba for a little bit. What was his name? Yes, allegedly he's the illegitimate son. Yeah, those are always like the those.
Speaker 2: I will I love to go down rabbit holes.
Speaker 1: Now you start talking about flat earth, I'll take a stance on there right now, come on, you know what I'm saying, that's what about a hollow earth? Bro, there's too much weight up on here. We're gonna fall through. What do you mean he's just asking? Yeah, yeah, I don't know about that. But like they talk about you see have you seen loose Change on YouTube about nine to eleven?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, crazy deal.
Speaker 1: Now you sit there and you know at the end of it, you're like, maybe Shanks all that stuff. Yeah, it's just it's a crazy deal. Then the whole idea of Illuminati, that whole that there's a bunch of people running the world. Yeah, that's fucking wild to me. Lizard people. You know, it just kind of gets crazier and crazier as you go.
Speaker 4: The one I is always funny. I love watching ancient aliens and I always thought it was funny. How like, you know when you see like the Great Wall of China, it's like the Chinese built that. And when you see you know something else, it's like, oh, these the you know stoneheads, like the British put this here in a you know, denoted time or whatever. And then you see like pyramids, It's like, oh yeah, aliens built those. There's no way these dirty brown people could build that.
Speaker 1: Shit. Why do you not believe that that's possible. That's fucking crazy to me, dude.
Speaker 2: But we can all agree with aliens are real, right?
Speaker 1: We Is that a fact? Now? The aliens are a real thing. I think it is. Imagine the imagine the first podcast of an alien on we have Well we blow up having that I may call may call JP. Yeah, yeah, hello be boot boot boo. Aliens are real, right.
Speaker 4: I look, I've always been a believer in UFOs, not like not like tommed Along.
Speaker 9: I heard like, I don't know if I could, I don't know. You guys d it stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had a I mean you look like Aaron Rodgers, a dirty brown person alien guy?
Speaker 4: Is he?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I was talking Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 2: Aaron Rodgers is an alien?
Speaker 4: No that he's huge into it. I have a buddy who is a comic that's friends with him and hangs out and like, oh he's but he's like, no, it's not it's not Rogan. But but he was saying he's a big alien guy. Like I was like, oh shit, I I never would have thought that. The more I read about him, the more I'm like, oh, maybe he's out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I'm a huge fan of Annon Rodgers. Though we were playing. I signed my contract and we played the Packers in a preseason game and it's halftime and I'm jogging in the locker room and someone passed me on the ass and says, don't spend all that money in one place. And I look and it's Rogers. Oh never talked to you in my life, And this John gives me a wink, keeps doing. Since then, I've been a fans awesome man since that moment. It's a cool story. I can like picture that. It's like a commercial. It was cool, like the mean Joe Green commercial. Cool commercial.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude.
Speaker 4: I love when him and Tomlin had that moment Mike Tomlin when he gave Mike Tomlin the wink and Tomalin gave him the head nod.
Speaker 2: Oh are you talking about when he was on the field.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: And I went to Ben's last game, Big Ben's last game in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: That was a pretty cool thing to witness. He's a stud, dude.
Speaker 4: Just that city just revers Ben Roethlisberger and it just like the outpouring of emotion and it was really cool to see, especially in this day and age.
Speaker 9: You guys know more than anybody where you just move around right.
Speaker 4: Came the team, but that the Rooney stuck by him and stayed with him and he got to retire a Steeler.
Speaker 1: Was pretty cool. If if him and Ab and Leveon Bell stay together, you think they could have won it. Yeah. I would have had too. Huh. That's one of those Damn. What what's your take on eight?
Speaker 4: My I heard Ab wants to come back to Pittsburgh and I was like, that city is well you see you see Tomlin Piot thirty six bridges and you burn them all.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Tomlin was on Pivot, I believe, and he was like, well, listen, we all know that's not happening. I love Ab blah blah. Dude. I was with Tomlin. He was the coach of the AFC seam in the Pro Bowl and AB didn't show up to the game until five is the game started after warm ups and uh and Tom was there. He's like, hey, he does this every time. I don't like taking his money. I just have to sometimes, Ah Jesus, but he's like he does. But like Tomin's that dude that he's the guy. He's the type of coach I can handle those type of personalities. Yeah, I love that man. I've never played for him. I spent a week with him, and I would run through a wall of that guy. He seems like an awesome This is an awesome dude. He's the kind of respect from crazy Yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 4: In the media, how people, you know, there's always like the offshoot rumor mill, like bloggers or whatever. It's like, he's not going anywhere. Rooney's are so. I mean their track record says, you're our guy, You're our guy. They're gonna be in a place like that.
Speaker 1: I heard it was between him and Ken wizen Hunt to get that job back in the day. Oh wow.
Speaker 4: So but that that that organization just from the top, there's so nice, Like Rocky Bler have got to know that guy. And their alumni is so ingrained with the with going to the games, and he's always taken pictures and stuff with people.
Speaker 1: It's just I don't know about that, Uh that team, that market. Yeah, that seems cool. And the stadium's cool on the three Rivers. Yeah, it's just a cool place, fun to play. What's that song they played in the fourth quarter? Yeah, dude six? Yeah, shit goes off.
Speaker 2: Your squad out in Pittsburgh. Yeah.
Speaker 1: He should have beat them this year. Damn we lost. You knew, you knew the.
Speaker 4: Steelers were gonna hobble in the if they were going to get into the playoff.
Speaker 1: They really did hobble their ass in there, didn't They hobbled? Do you see the h You see the DNS come out the rankings? Yeah, ninety seven for uh TJ for TJ Yeah, six ninety six I think so? Right? May he gotta be a ninety nine? Right?
Speaker 3: The kids looking for the exact person who rated him in ninety six or ninety seven?
Speaker 1: What do you think he does? I want the exact person. What do you think their QB situation is going to be?
Speaker 4: Because you draft the kid and then you get Trubisky to come in, do you think Trubisky plays for two years and kind of takes him under his wing, or.
Speaker 3: Bisky probably plays for I would guess a year hoping that the first rounder comes on. It was the first rounder, right, Yeah, you're hoping that the first rounder comes along to where you don't have to play him this year.
Speaker 1: This is a tailor the oldest time for the NFL. Like, you have a guy who's done it, you know, he's he's played well in the league and win your games.
Speaker 2: Then you get a guy that you.
Speaker 1: Hope and develop to be the guy guy. And I love I like Trubisky. He's good dude. Yeah you agree? Like, what's that?
Speaker 2: Almost took my wife and almost took her, almost took her.
Speaker 1: But hey, didn't know who's laughing now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had to intercept that immediately.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were looking with me and Willer at the bar, and does you see the ship He's like to Bisky, handsome dude. I thought, oh, it's over for Will. Yeah, it came over. What did happen exactly? We were at the bud light because yeah, we were sitting there, we were drinking beers with him and then the three of us are talking. Then somehow he pivots and turns, and Charo was on the other side of him. Charles's got a very distinct laugh, right, so you start hearing that laugh happen, he will, Well, that's me. It was like.
Speaker 3: This because Taylor treats us to the pro bow and we're run all these pro boils, like, come on, now, keep your.
Speaker 1: Eyes right here. I was right here, big dog. That was that what you were watching? My damn, she might go down tonight.
Speaker 2: We just continued to joke about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah you had been you're now a wife at the end of the time, or with her then, yeah, yeah, we were all together.
Speaker 3: It was like one of those things was happening. She obviously laughed. I immediately go to Taylor and we just become dudes in the entire situation. We don't let her breathe, and we're just like, oh, he's taking her.
Speaker 1: Yeah he's laughing.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, yeah, kind of he's kind of standing there kind of like you know, like feeling met.
Speaker 1: No, you're now we're now telling Charles, hey, you're gonna let this man trying to take you in front of him, and you can tell he's like holding his beer with your hands, Like what the fucker. Have I got myself just being ourselves? Yeah? Yeah, bron the next night you got her food poisoning that night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but remember when yeah, well deserve it.
Speaker 1: It was probably gonna do what we thought she was gonna do, but she got sick. Whole relationship.
Speaker 2: Remember when she take a photo of her and Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 1: That's tough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know that was and tough.
Speaker 1: Now, this can't become a roast of Charle. Hear me doing this to her?
Speaker 2: Start back pedaling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and another thing you start going.
Speaker 4: On, is it like true, like you guys go on the road and there's there's just a mass of fucking tens hanging out at the Hilton, just kind of at the bar.
Speaker 1: You don't see that in Bible study. Yeah, I don't see that in our Bible studies that we usually.
Speaker 2: Were at mass.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because comic I have not seen that. I have not seen it was that comics is the total office, like you guys, It's just like it doesn't happen like that with you. With comics, you gotta scratch and Clawn.
Speaker 1: There's the.
Speaker 2: Who's the Asian that has to stand up on Netflix? Really funny? Jo Koy, Yes, we are a weird way, weird way to set up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Ali Wong, Yeah that's who it is because they just got a she just got a divorce. With their divorce, yeah, but she had a lot of comedy jokes, like what is it like?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: What was she kind of like comedic pussy well whatever she called it.
Speaker 4: If I was the hut at the time, the husband watching that, do I need to get a divorce attorney because bro Placeburg.
Speaker 1: Coming Holy Yeah, he was like she was laying out, laying it all.
Speaker 3: He's very funny. You should watch her a special on Netflix. It's extremely funny. But my wife and I were watching it laughing our asses off. But it's like, man, I wonder if she like runs these jokes for her husband. And there was an article saying that she did run them all by her husband, and her husband's very supportive.
Speaker 1: They have like X, Y and Z. A couple of months later, the voice bro, Yeah, it'd be tough to be married to a comic.
Speaker 3: She had like she did a stand up where she's pregnant and then she came out that uh stand up recently.
Speaker 2: I think she's pretty funny.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's really really sweet, really smart, very talented obviously.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, really funny, really funny. I have a question, is this a random question? Being in the games is ninety seven? You saw the rise and fall of Dane Cook. What was the deal with Dane because he seems like he's hated in the comic community.
Speaker 4: Okay, so good question. You probably don't know this, but great YouTube, Kata. He had a big thing with me. Oh became like this, this kind of like.
Speaker 1: Oh, you take a deep breath when I asked that question, and I knew we were in for a nice little piece here, thank you.
Speaker 4: There there was there was an incident within the comedy community that kind of became a big thing for a while. So I moved to la in two thousand and four. Dane is blowing the fuck up, right, I mean he's movie stand up all look chuck and good looking and just like at the at this place called Dublin's, which was like the hotspot in Hireland.
Speaker 1: So tuesdays you do that like Britney Spears.
Speaker 4: Is there instincts there, Vince Vaughn's there, Cameron Diaz is there, Like everybody's coming through to watch comics.
Speaker 1: So you're you're just like a comic.
Speaker 4: No credits and you're going up and you're seeing all these faces and they're like, the hottest girls in the world are there, and comics are getting late afterward. It's the fucking greatest show you want to be a part of, and Dane's the centerpiece of it. All right, So I moved there. I'm like this new comic from New York City and I was doing well here, and you know, the word gets out, Oh this new guy from New York He's pretty fun, he's cool. So I go I start doing it and it's going great. And then I'm not getting booked on that show anymore. And this guy, Jay Davis booked it. And I called Jay. I'm like, what's going on? Is something wrong or whatever. He's like, yeah, yeah, Dane's got.
Speaker 1: An issue with you. He doesn't want you on the shows anymore.
Speaker 4: I'm like, oh, okay, he doesn't want me on the shows and he goes yeah, And so I now I'm not working at the Laugh Factory anymore. And I called the Laugh Factory. They're like they're like, yeah, we can't book you anymore. I go, oh okay. So then I'm like, well, I'll just call Dane. I mean, I have his number and we're friendly. We have the same manager, right, So I called Dane up and I go, hey, I heard you have an issue. Do you have an issue with me? He said yeah. I said, well, why don't I come over to your place? We could talk about it. He goes sure, So I got my car I drove over. This's been discussed on Mark Maron's podcast. On my end, It's been discussed on Mark Manon's podcast on his end. He has a version of reality I don't agree with. But essentially what happened is I went over and I said, what's your issue? And he said he said, I feel like you're stealing my essence. And I was like what And he's like, you're you're taking my essence with you on stage. I'm like, Dane, I work so hard. I'm not trying to be a shittier version of you. Like I work hard in New York City, I work hard here. I'm not trying to be you. He's like, you're you're you're doing like me, and I was like, I don't. I don't see it at all. So I think we're gonna agree to disagree. And this is when I was like, this is this was the moment where I was like, oh, boy, I don't know if I'm talking to somebody who's here.
Speaker 9: And he said, maybe it's not your time to be here.
Speaker 1: I was like, what do you mean.
Speaker 4: He's like, he's like, maybe you shouldn't be in Los Angeles. Now I'm like, that's weird. I'm just sitting there like taking it and processing what he's saying. And he told me he goes up to the top of the Hollywood Hills. There's these trails you can hike, and he said, he closes his eyes and he puts his hands out and he goes.
Speaker 1: Is a true story, right, true?
Speaker 4: He goes, and he goes. He's doing this for like three seconds. He goes, I give this city my energy, and this energy is given to me from the city. And I was like, I'm fucking out. I'm fucking out, man. This dude's lost two thousand and four, two thousand and four, two thousand and five somewhere there. So the pinnacle of Dane peak peak just before the peak, so peak before the peak, right, and and now I'm like, oh Jesus Christ. So now I go home and I'm not telling everybody. I tell like two of my buddies. I'm like, I had this fucking weird incident with Dane. It was fucking wild, and so I tell one or two friends. The one friend I told is super tight with with with Dane, but also fucking loudmouth, right, so he tells everybody, and now everybody's going, oh, Steve Burns stealing Dane's essence, right, So it becomes this fucking thing. And now everywhere I go it's like, don't take my essence because comics are ribbing me, like in a fun way, and they don't see it, and I don't see it, And are you sure they don't see it?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 4: I think what what it was was Dane is so energetic, right, and physical, and I was slightly physical, but not to the degree he was. And I was definitely talking about way different things. He's talking about speaking spell and you know all this shit. I'm talking about being Korean and Irish, you know, I mean, two completely different things. And so this went on for a while and I was I was basically blocked from going to clubs. Literally two days after that conversation, my manager, who was his manager, dropped me and I go, is this about Dane Barry. He's like, no, it's got nothing to do with it. I go, fuck you, it's about Dane. Just be man enough to tell me it's about Dane. I don't respect you more, and he didn't. So so I did have manager, and I didn't have two of the great places to work when you first moved to LA So it was a tough place to work from. But also it was like, you know, it was like I got a little thick skin from the experience too. It sucks because the biggest comic in the country hates you, right, and he's all over LA and the billboards are up and all everybody's listening to we're talking about is Dane Cook and he hates me.
Speaker 9: And it's like, oh, this fucking sucks. And I just moved here like maybe four months in.
Speaker 1: It's your mindset. Then at that my mindset is like, well, fuck it. You basically got canceled, Yeah, cancel Dan. I got canceled by day and I was like, I'm gonna outwork this. I'm gonna outwork this moment.
Speaker 4: This situation worked twice as hard, and I did, and I just I didn't pay it any mine. And then years later I was with Vince Vaughan at the at the improv and Dane was there, and Dane came over to say hi and sit down at the table, and I'm just sitting there like fucking seething.
Speaker 9: Yeah, see them, like, are you gonna fucking say anything?
Speaker 1: How long ago was this situation you're talking about right now? This situation maybe six or seven years ago, So this is a lot of time. A yeah, a decade.
Speaker 9: Basically I had not seen him for a long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it was did you have any more situations with him since that conversation you had at his house? No.
Speaker 4: The only thing that happened was it was happening to Chris Delia. Yeah, Delia was blowing up now. And then Delia and I talked about it, and I was like, Chris, it happened to me, it's happening to you.
Speaker 1: Dane did the same thing to Delia.
Speaker 9: What they did was worse to Delia. So this is what Dane would do.
Speaker 1: Dane Cook did the same kind of thing that Delia. But this is what Dane would do. This is what Dane did to Delia.
Speaker 4: When was this this maybe five or six years ago, right around the same time that I had this talk. So Delia's starting to blow up, right, it's his peak before his peak, And what I mean by that is like everybody knows about him, and now something's going to come out that's big, like Dane's first movie was going to come out.
Speaker 1: So Delia was about to really blow up.
Speaker 4: So Delia's going around making the rounds at the factory and the stuff, and Dane didn't block him. But what he would do is he would find out on the schedule when when Delia's performed at the improv, He's got the eight fifty five at the Improv on the show up at eight forty, I'm going to bump him. And he would bump Delia and then do thirty minutes before Delia. So Delia's just sitting there waiting and he's like, oh, okay, it's fine, I guess, and then he'd go to the laugh Factory Dhlia for his set at ten o'clock, and then Dan would show up at nine and fifty and bump him again and do thirty minutes. So when you do a bump, for example, I like a guest set, you're doing maybe fifteen minutes because you don't want to be disrespectful to the show or other comedians, guys like Chappelle Rock, you know, like even Chris Rock. He'll come in, he'll be respect he'll do twenty minutes seas album, maybe thirty.
Speaker 1: Chappelle's the exception because everybody left. I think with Pauli Shore, right, who's that Chappelle Chelle? I don't know if he ever was one for about thirty minutes something like you're saying and then one of the comics says something to him and he like snapped back at him, and I think it was to Pauli Shore. Oh it might have been.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but look, Dave's the nicest guy in like, one of the nicest guys in comedy.
Speaker 9: There's no I've never heard of.
Speaker 1: Friction from Dave. Got you.
Speaker 4: But anyways, so Dane would do that to Delia, and then it became it wasn't coincidental. This was happening repeatedly, and so Deli was really getting pissed off.
Speaker 9: But at the same time, it's like, well, what are you going to do about it?
Speaker 3: Did did Dane and Delia have any history, like similar to how you or you were kind of with the crew with Dane.
Speaker 4: So he was just like you just kind of like me. So I don't want use the new young guy. And so I'm going to show him. You know, Dane's alpha, right, He's gonna beat his chest and show you whose boss. And so Dane would do that, and so I just said, Delia, you're blown up. Now's your time.
Speaker 1: Just roll with it.
Speaker 4: Who gives a fuck? You know, he had his time, yours is now. Just let it roll off your back. And Chris handled his own way, and he was I think the way Chris did it was first class, right. But with Vince and I we were there, we were talking and Dane's just making small talk the whole time, and I'm like, this, motherfuck, are you going to say anything to me? And he didn't say anything. And this went on for fifteen twenty twenty five minutes ago. Dane, we should have a talk. Okay, shit, So I we get up, we walk around the corner. I go, is there anything you'd like to say? He goes, I am sorry, I'm sorry about that. I go, thank you.
Speaker 1: That's it. Now we can sit back down.
Speaker 5: That was it.
Speaker 1: That was it, and then we talked for like literally a few more minutes. After that.
Speaker 4: We went down, sat down at the table, and he basically just copped to it, you know, really quickly, and he's like, yeah, And this was just before the Delia stuff. I think I know about the Delia stuff. At that time, I may ab would have said something, been like, well, why are you doing this? You know, but I'd seen Dane maybe twice since then, and it's always been cordial.
Speaker 9: The fact is I respect what Dane did.
Speaker 1: For sure.
Speaker 4: Nobody did what he basically put the blueprint for what everybody's doing now.
Speaker 9: He was the first to go on social media. He was the first to go to algorithms.
Speaker 4: Via social media, communicate with his fans and really immerse himself in that thing. And he blew the fuck up right, and he's going to Madison Square Garden. That was such a unique thing at the time. Comics didn't do the garden. He had to be really special to do that, and he did it. And now Sebastian's doing eight shows. But Dane was kind of like the first since like Steve Martin or you know, Eddie Murphy to do something like that. Why he's hated or why he's not revered or why he doesn't have the legacy maybe he deserves, is because I think that he always handled himself in a way where he was very isolating. You know, he kept to his own bubble, whereas most comics are pretty cool. You come into the comedy club, it doesn't like Kevin Hart came in last night.
Speaker 1: Could he be a dick? Could he have a security guard with him?
Speaker 9: Of course?
Speaker 1: Could he just shuttle off on his own and not want to be bothered with anybody.
Speaker 4: He's earned that right, right. But he comes in shakes everybody's hands, glad handing. We're all comics, right, and we get the grind and it's great to see everybody catch up. Dane's never been that guy. He just does his own thing. He's a cat, So I think that tough didn't help. Being called a cat didn't help him. It didn't help him well.
Speaker 1: As I heard when Joe was talking about Dane, he said that he was stealing jokes as well. He stole, allegedly stole a bit from Lewis c K.
Speaker 4: This is this is why I fucking love comedy. That's why I love comedy. Flash forward eight years ago. Okay, there's a debate between Louis c K and Dane Cook about who stole the bit about it the asshole. Oh what, yeah, I have an itchy asked. That was the bit that started this all and then became a car thing and something else.
Speaker 1: There was a bit. The bit I heard was, Uh, Dane couldn't wait to have a son because then he can name the some whatever he wants. That's exciting. And uh he's he would with the letter F like he his name of some. Yeah, and then I guess Lewis cy Kay said, well, I did the same bit five years ago and it was with the R the door, yeah, you know, or maybe it flips or something like that. And so I think they actually had to sit down.
Speaker 5: This is me.
Speaker 2: This is a fan of watching this stuff. Look on YouTube and I you just see things pop up.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: But it's two fucking grown millionaires bitching about an itchy asshole joke, which I find hilarious.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you guys are out of your fucking mind.
Speaker 1: Gotta be so hard not to steal jokestone, Like when you were talking about being a golfer, focusing on your game. When you watch, when you're around people, you take like we're running tother. I'm taking some from you, you're taking some from me. We're we're interchanging our energies or whatever you want to call it. I go and do something a piece of us coming with me and vice versa. So like to watch comics like Dang Cook or luisyk and all that, Like, it's got to be hard not to kind of take somebody's joke, even if it's subconsciously and moving it around a little bit, having any become yours.
Speaker 4: I think when you're when you're really doing this professionally and you're at the stand or the seller every night and you're doing these showcase shows, was like a comics show. You know, everybody said, you know, you know what somebody's working on, even if you're sitting there waiting to go up. You've heard bits, right, so I think you hear things, and especially we're all different little pegs, and you know Mark Norman's voice, you know Robert Kelly's.
Speaker 9: Voice, Rich Ross's voice or Jim Norton's voice, and so.
Speaker 4: It's rare you have somebody doing something that's verbade him that and what usually when it does happen, Comics pretty much squashed it pretty quickly. I had something with Burr years like when I first started. He's like he's like, yeah, God, god do it. I don't give a shit because he knew his version was better. Probably, yeah, you know, and everybody has premises that are similar, but your your take on the premise should be should be your own, and it will be different than everybody's got a McDonald's joke or like in the eighties, right, but it was it was way different.
Speaker 1: Right with Dane's starting to cut you off with Dane when he started to fall off, do you think him playing the cat to every all the other comedians kind of was part of the demise of him falling off? From the Hollywood standpoint, I think.
Speaker 4: It was probably a culmination of a bunch of different things, a bunch of different things. I think he got a generation of kids that loved hearing his take on comedy, right, which at the time crushed But if you look back on it now, it's it's kind of like, I don't know, it's a little juvenile fun it's really energetic, but there's no real meat on the bone in terms of like if you transcribed it right, you'd be like, all right, well, how is this funny? But like if you transcribe somebody like Louis, it's like, oh, my god, it's fucking hilarious, right. And I think he was an introduction into deeper, a deeper well of comedy, and so he was exposing a bunch of young people to better comedians. And I don't mean that as an insult or slight to Dane, because what he did he did fucking great.
Speaker 1: I respect Dane.
Speaker 4: I respect him as a businessman, I respect him as a comic, and I do think he's due for a resurgence. It's it's up to him, though, to find the material because people outgrew it, kind of like you outgrow like a boy band, like young girls is like I like Backstreet, and then they get it in the college. It's like I like, you know the Beatles now, and I like the intricacies of the melody or whatever they felt appreciated. I think Dane was somebody that was good for when you were in high school, college, and then you get older, it's like you want somebody with a little bit more on the on the plate.
Speaker 3: Would maybe the best question you've had, not that like actually best question, but the question that opened up an insane rabbit hole, no.
Speaker 1: Idea, What was gonna happen with that?
Speaker 4: Yan years and look, if I saw Dane, I'd go up to I have no animosity. I don't I don't carry that negativity. It's so far, it's so long ago. I personally he actually, this is the last time he talked to me. He said, Hey, I'm doing a documentary. I go about what?
Speaker 1: He goes me.
Speaker 4: I go, of course, yeah, and of course you are so uh, he goes, would you be interviewed about that moment in time? I go, Look, I'm more than happy to sit down with you, Dane. I'd love to sit down with I'm going to tell my side of the story, for sure. I I just after having worked on film on my own, I'd like to know the narrative, the final narrative, because you and I have differing opinions on what actually happened that day. So I'd want my version to be my version. You know, I haven't heard back from him, but I totally said, give me the paper. I'll sign it right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I haven't heard back from him, but I mean that was us.
Speaker 6: We were.
Speaker 2: We were the high school and college kids that loved him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was big. He was big for us in life, middle school years, high school. For me, it was high school.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm a year older than but who do you guys revew maybe it was eighth grade me ninth grade.
Speaker 1: For me, it was even in middle school and you're you know, you little Wait you were in middle school? Yeah, because I remember that was before I was thirteen. I have something on my Apple still there was iTunes. It was like the BK Lounge where I listen to Retaliation last week.
Speaker 5: I'm saying that he has like a job and he doesn't want to sound like a loser working at Burger King.
Speaker 1: He's like, I work at the BK Lounge, right, yeah, yeah, So had those hitters more of the like two thousand and eight to maybe ten for me, I I you know, yeah, he is three three special. He had three specially it was Harmful to Swallow, which was like the one that put him on the map. Put him on the map. Retaliation came out in like two thousand and four, which was like his big one, and then his final one was called Vicious Circle.
Speaker 4: There was one that he released on Showtime recently that came out here years ago.
Speaker 1: It sounds like they guy, listen, I am you by the way, I'm talking totally tell I'm a huge fan of Dans.
Speaker 2: I love to stand up.
Speaker 1: Knew he was a huge reason why I like started listening to comedy and stuff like him as weren't. I would love to, but I'll reach out to him. And it sounds like it'd be iffy if you reached out to him. Maybe we should have somebody else, but he is it would be.
Speaker 2: Awesome if he came over.
Speaker 4: He's starting to get back out there, starting to do podcasts again, and I think he's trying to get back out there, and from what I hear and what I'm seeing, I think he's putting forth a genuine effort to make inroads.
Speaker 9: Like like, look, I'm not speaking at a school.
Speaker 1: I mean Louis c K.
Speaker 4: When I was starting off, I was the young guy at the table with a bunch of young comics, and he was kind of like County to us.
Speaker 1: He wouldn't he was just above it all.
Speaker 4: And then the ship hit the fan with him, and now he's really cordial and out going to all those younger comics, and so I was like, well, I'm glad he's he's so talented.
Speaker 1: I would have loved to have sat down and talked to him.
Speaker 4: I remember being in DC, but the seller all the time running into him saying Hey Louis, and you know, he's at the cellar all the time, film and the show and where I'm in DC walk along the mall and he's running. I'm like, hey, what's up, man? And he didn't even he just gave me a head pump, and I was like, fuck that dude, man. But I'm glad to see that he kind of recalibrate and he is cool. There's always a time to do that. I'd love to run into him at some point. Seems like him and Shane our buddies. They did like oh yeah, or a three episode thing on Presidents.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they just at least are really from what I hear, and the trailer look intriguing.
Speaker 1: But I love Joe List. Joe List.
Speaker 4: If you like comics on Twitter, he's one of the best. He's like a great joke writer for Twitter, but he's also a great comic. He and Louie just did a film called Fourth of July that they independently financed and produced and Louis directed it. And so obviously Louis kind of tainted goods in the industry right now, so he's just doing it on his own. So they're doing like this Barnyard tour kind of going to different cities and screening it and doing Q and a's and shows around it, and they're making their money back, which is fucking great. And again another example what we were talking about earlier of comics taking the industry on their own, much like you guys creating your own entertainment hubs, you know.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so I'm glad to see Louis doing that. I think Dane's trying to do that now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's good. It's be nast to see. I saw some in Dane stuff before.
Speaker 1: It's very similar energy, but he's as older, so the energy is not as vibrant and it's not as like and he's also like overwhelming. He's bigger, he looks different now. I think I got a lot of work. He got a lot of work. I don't want love. I love that one. Yeah, I mean, but Luis y k should hate the fan with him. Have you heard Pete Davidson's bit on him when he was the SNL and it kind of goes in line of what you were saying, how he was h You heard the bit he's talking about how Pete he was he was high, and then the Davids is doing the stand up he's high. Right after SNL and Luis K hosted SNL, Pete's walking past him and a group of people go with the elevator and Luisy K is like, hey man, you are smoking all that weed. You're gonna smoke your life away. Her piece of ship like going at him, and he's like, that didn't happen. I'm too high. There's no way that happened. Well, the next day, Lauren Michaels, who started SNL, calls him and brings them to the office and he's like, hey, like, just people used to do coke here, so I don't care if you smoke. We just like kind of don't do it as much, you know. And then uh, I guess like then the whole bit ends up with him. So one day when I woke up and I heard he was jerking off on people, I was ecstatic, like super happy about it. But it just seems like, uh, I don't know, it seems like that's a thing that he had going on. It's cool to see or hear that he's like kind of being cool with everybody now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I think like, if you really take like a macro look at like the world of stand up comedy after being immersed in it like a bird's eye perspective. It's like you're seeing this fucking band of misfits like a bunch of wounded birds. Were not you guys, right, you guys are fucking cool. You're geting late in high school.
Speaker 1: Like, I mean, we can be some wounded in some areas, but you like, there's a.
Speaker 4: Psychology whole reason, like these nerds are going up and telling jokes and doing like like public speaking is ranked like worse than death.
Speaker 1: For most people. It's like seventy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's wild, which is crazy, and comics glom onto that. So you when you when you hear about like things with Dane or somebody like with drug issues or somebody like going on a violent spree or whatever in the comedy community, my first thought is always empathy and sympathy because you know, these are not, like a lot of them are just not the most mentally stable people, and there's a reason they do stand up at the end of the day like I feel fortunate my folks hug me, and you know, I feel like pretty normal. But some of the folks I'm even friends with them like holy shit, like I'm here for you if you need anything. It's tough, and I'm sure in your industry it's going to be incredibly hard because you're like, our minds are our conduit to the audience, but you guys, you're physically that's the conduit to it all.
Speaker 3: Yes, And like there's there's definitely stuff like a lot of guys come from a lot of broken situations.
Speaker 1: They cool thinking about the football is like there's guys that grew up at the top, like you know, big income households, and there's guys that grew up food stamps and like everything in between. Two. Like there's levels of adversity in the NFL guys nundrum to take.
Speaker 4: Like you said, like I mean, how many thirty for thirties are on this where you know, broke the whole doc on it. But you're taking an eighteen year old kid and multi millionaire like most comics hit when we're like in our thirties or forties. After you put like like a slow burn ten thousand hours in Malcolm Gladwell into this, so you kind of have a little more maturity, But that I can't imagine, I mean, being so immature. That's why, like when social media scours a young kid for a tweet he did when he was fourteen, It's like, what the fuck is wrong with you? That coming crazy to me? Yeah, my Daniel Tosh tweets. Oh dude, you got any Daniel Toss stories. Why isn't he like the greatest?
Speaker 1: I think he time you are. He does have some he is Daniel great dude, but I think he's Tuesday Halftag. He does his own thing.
Speaker 4: He just he's very private, Yeah, very private, keeps to himself, was super nice, super I think he's Yeah, I think he's a really it's crazy. He had one of the biggest shows of all time and then it just kind of like dipped and I don't hear much about him anymore.
Speaker 1: I don't even know if anymore. It kind of just happens to people, right, like we're keep paying up. Happened a dang Like he just all of a sudden vanished. Yeah, some people maybe they maybe they get their bag and then they're just is they're wrong.
Speaker 5: I think like some people just like get their nut and just don't want to do anything, not do anything, but don't want to be in it, don't.
Speaker 1: Want to be well McAfee. McAfee talks about in his show, Pat McAfee says, hey, don't get a twisted In ten like ten years, you won't hear from me again. Yeah, I'll be gone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't know about that though I don't. I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't take it for that. But that's why I love. That's why I like.
Speaker 4: Repelling Chris Rocks so much, and and like even like David Spade, there's there's comics that are working. They're there every night, fucking grinding with the notepad, going up and telling jokes.
Speaker 9: It's like, you have a mansion in Jersey, Chris Rock, why are you here.
Speaker 1: Because it's in Jersey.
Speaker 2: He's gonna get.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, but he's He's getting in his car, driving out to the cellar, taking it on the chin with some new jokes and still doing it.
Speaker 1: It's like, I really really respect guys like dude, Yeah, maybe there's not satisfied a golden mine Chris Rock and Will Smith, like that had to be a comedic gold mine right there for all y'all.
Speaker 4: Every comic had a take on that. But I think I have a different pursue. I think I think Chris Rock took a slap for Ricky Gervase. I think Ricky Gervass doing those Golden globes, he shit on those people, shit on them. He wasn't doing it like like Carson did it, or Bob Hope did it, or Steve Martin did it where there's like there's like a communal like before those hosts, they were performers as revered as the people they were celebrating or honoring, right or nominating. And now you got an outsider who did a show in England that nobody's heard of, and he's coming in is being fucking mean.
Speaker 1: I love Ricky Gervais. I think he's fucking hilarious.
Speaker 4: But would I personally make fun of Colin Ferrell to his face about substance abuse issues. I wouldn't do that, Right, you don't negate a comic ever, do whatever you want. I'm always for freedom of speech one hundred percent with comics. But I think he went over the line multiple times against a community that was sitting there just fucking taking it. They couldn't say anything back, And now you got that moved the yard marker down the line. In terms of comedy, every time you move it down and that becomes a social norm. It's like, oh, now the floodgates go to there, so we can go there now. And so you got Chris Rock going there to a minimal degree and then him just going up and fucking cracking him. Do I think it's fucking nuts? That shit was hilarious nuts, That was wild.
Speaker 1: And then while the whole string of events, how Will Smith is smiling and laughing, and then he sees he looks at his wife and he's nice.
Speaker 2: Like one's trying to figure out was that stage? Was that fake?
Speaker 1: Was that was he in on it? All?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 3: We are taking a break to shout out Georgia Boot, the greatest boots in the world of all times, ever ever created.
Speaker 2: They're the best.
Speaker 3: Georgia Boot makes super good looking and super comfortable boots, so comfortable you never want to take these boys off. These boots hold up in any condition, rain, sleet, snow, all of it without sacrificing comfort or style. Think comfort technology of an athletic shoe. Light athletic shoe packed into a great looking, phenomenal boot. Whether you're working on your feet all day, working around the house, grilling out with your friends, going to the ballgame like I did, rocking these bad boys on my feet. These boosts don't sacrifice anything. Head over to georgiaboot dot com use code busting for a generous twenty percent off.
Speaker 2: They've been doing this since day one with the Boys. Twenty percent off use code busting georgiaboot dot Com. Buy them right now, put them on your feet right when you get them out of the box. Back to the episode, boys and so is Will Smith.
Speaker 1: Don't you think No? I don't think so.
Speaker 4: I think I think it's one of those things where the entertainment cycle moves so quick. Now I think, can we back? I think he's gonna lay low for a bit. But my thought was always, can you imagine working on the film g I Jane, and then twenty five years later, finally your film is mentioned that the Oscars.
Speaker 1: Now this is solid.
Speaker 4: You fucking but I love him. I think you saw every comic band up behind him. I think he's I think he's he's like one of my top five of all time for sure, and I can't wait to hear.
Speaker 9: Eventually he'll address it and it'll be fucking brilliant.
Speaker 1: I know it.
Speaker 3: Well, we've we could obviously talk to you all day long, but I definitely want you. Like one of your boys is Vince Vaughn. Yeah, so kid, we need some Vince bond So you think vincevon would come on the bus.
Speaker 4: Uh, I'll definitely talk to him. I think, I honestly think I think he probably game. Really yeah, I mean I had a great experience, and I look, I really enjoy your company and then getting to meet you and getting to know you.
Speaker 1: I really enjoy you, guys. I think again about the vibes.
Speaker 4: He's about the vibes, and I think if I told him, hey man, it's it's a fucking great thing, you'd say, hey es, yeah, I'm trying out here, but right in there. Like he one of his best pals are our good buddy Derek West, one national title of Colorado, and through Derek, he's He's Vince's the biggest football fan. He loves football. He loves college football. His dog's name is Buckeye.
Speaker 1: Let go. If I were to give you a oh sorry, yeah, make for great pud A good story, I'll tell you he I grew up.
Speaker 4: You know, swingers came out when I was in college, and uh, I love the NHL when they were playing Sega NHL and he's making him bleeding all that stuff, and it's fucking hilarious.
Speaker 1: It's one of my favorite scenes. Right.
Speaker 4: So Vince moves back to Chicago after living in Los Angeles, and I was touring so much. I would go and just stay with him at the Pall Mall of building in Chicago, which is the old Playboy offices. So it's the top two floors. It's fucking beautiful buildings, and he had he has this Uh. I was visiting him so much. He's like, once, you just moved to Chicago. It's like, yeah, I just moved Chicago. So my wife and I moved Chicago. And when he came home, hey, honey, we going to Chicago.
Speaker 1: She was fine with it.
Speaker 4: So we stay with Vince for like two months until we find a place and Vince has this gorgeous movie theater, and our wives would go to bed and we would just stay up till four or five in the morning playing NHL on the PlayStation. So here's here's the thing. When you're watching that movie, it's fucking hilarious. Right when you're losing NHL to Vince Vaughn and he's talking, he's saying all those things, but like clever lines. It makes you want to jump out the fucking window. You're like, shut the fuck up, and he's like, no, I'll teach you. Seriously, I'll after this game, I'll teach you how to do the things I'm doing, because it looks like you need a teacher. It just like shitty things like that, and you're when you're on the outside, I'm sure it's fucking hilarious, but when you're getting pounded, it's the fucking worst.
Speaker 1: He's he's he's.
Speaker 4: Fun but competitive. And in Chicago, there's this thing called Warlely Ball. You guys ever heard of it? It's the best. It's this magnetized basketball court. You get bumper cars and you get like lacrosse sticks and you you pass a ball to each other and the net is vertical, so you got to hit this netting and it bounces in the net and it comes out and it releases. It sounds off the score. Right, there's a bar there, you're drinking. It's the funnest thing you could ever do. So I got married. We went there the day after my wedding, Me Vince, all our buddies a lot of the Blackhawks were playing at eleven o'clock. They were playing at midnight, and my team beat Vince's team. So Vince like, we got to go again, best out of seven. We gotta go again seven. It's fucking now. It's like three in the morning right there. Yeah, that's it, and you have to hit that black thing. You got to hit that black thing. And and you're going around. Okay, you can wind you can wind up, you can crank somebody. It's fucking fun. Okay, So I win two best out of sevens. My team's he's not happy. It's now three forty five in the morning. He's like, we got to go another best of seven. I go, dude, I my fucking honeymoon. I'm leaving at six. It's three forty five. I gotta go. He's like, he's like, best out of three. I go, fine, best out of three. We do best out of three. I got home. My wife is on the couch like, what the fuck is wrong with you?
Speaker 1: I'm like what. She's like, we we're gonna be late for the fucking fight.
Speaker 4: So I almost missed my honeymoon flight because Vince Swan wanted to play best at three wordly ball.
Speaker 1: That game looks unbelievable. We gotta do a busting spring to our northwestern so we can go do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'll tell you.
Speaker 1: He's Oh that is rad, you know this, Garrett? Yeah yeah, that will be out there.
Speaker 4: Brackets and we throw them at each other, like if you had the ball, I would fucking zing it and I try to hit your hand.
Speaker 1: I mean guys were getting cut and bruised and ship one have.
Speaker 2: How how big is the ball? Is like the crossball he saw.
Speaker 1: It's like a whiffle ball almost, but those they have like the actual or the paddles and the ball is like a beach toy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's called track ball is what it's called. But it's it's so fucking fun.
Speaker 1: It's backing it up, reversing, moving forward.
Speaker 9: You can get a little speed and you can you can you can drill Somebodey rip around.
Speaker 1: Huh. How fast is little cards what you're talking about? You don't have the ball?
Speaker 3: The ball?
Speaker 4: Now the ball you can you can sing? Yeah, you get hit with that ball. It's kind of like a hard and like little plastic ball. Can Yeah, it'll ding up, it'll sting, Yeah, it'll sting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, whoa, that was tough. Yeah, well that was a little money. We're friends, Yeah, yeah, that'd be sick if he came on. I'll tell you what that'd be fucking is Vince Does he have a do stand up comedy? No, But I'll tell you this.
Speaker 4: If if I have one friend that could go up on stage right now and just do it, it's him. His SNL monologue. You need to do a monologue. He did crowd work. Really, it was I think maybe two or three years ago. He did it and I said, well, you can do for the monologue.
Speaker 1: He's like, no, no.
Speaker 2: So when you do SNL, they don't help you write your monologue.
Speaker 1: You do your own monologue.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they do, But I think Vince said I'll just wing it. And you see him and he's talking to the crowd. He's the fastest human being I've ever seen in terms of matriculating and getting to a punchline so quick. And not only that, but hilarious. The other day I was talking to him and I go, uh, I told him something. He goes, he goes, oh my god, if I was a lawnmower, you just pulled my cord. And I was like, I got to write that, like, you know how long that would take me to come up with that? Great And he's just being sarcastic and shitty, but he is the funnest best friend a guy could ever want. Like literally, I say that all the time to my wife. And that's that's the way I described the way you see him in the films, that's him. Like when you're watching I don't you hope too? Because you say don't meet your heroes. I'm not saying I look at it. I have a miural of evins in my room, but I'm saying, when you watch the movies, you sit there and you eire's a smile on your face the entire time.
Speaker 2: Him Yeah, and him be like, you know, treat you off? What a dagger in the heart?
Speaker 1: That would be? What an absolute dagger? No, No, he's for them. So some uh Predators Blackhawks game. Yeah, And I was with a guy who is one of the people at c A and he's like, do you want to meet him? And there's a whole bunch of people clamoring to get to him. I was like, I just don't think he wants that right now. I admired from Afar the.
Speaker 4: Minute he found out if you guys play football, you're off to the races.
Speaker 9: I mean, it's he he he loves enjoy.
Speaker 1: I thought Notre Dame.
Speaker 9: He's a big Notre Dame fan.
Speaker 1: He goes to. I think at least that's an odd combination. Yeah, great, do you want to throw your sword in? I do want to throw my sword And well, you know, I know what you're talking about, and I want.
Speaker 2: To they're explaining that. I'm sitting here just thinking like, man, I know Taylor wants to like just kind of.
Speaker 1: Want to feel the waters. Yeah, Rudy, that's not he's a Notre Dame. Yeah, Rudy. And then Ohio State, which is an overrated sports movie, right, m A little bit. It is a little bit really yeah that stuff. Why do you think that's just you know, I mean I also think, like remember the Titans to touch over.
Speaker 2: But here I go, here I go, and I'll finish when I'm talking.
Speaker 1: You can go to I think Remember the Titans overrated because it's so everyone thinks it's the greatest and it's a really good movie, but it's been so over played. No, it's like, let me begin, we can move on. I'm not a hater.
Speaker 2: I've never seen a ratio as bad as that tweet.
Speaker 1: But what is ratio? Well, just when we do tear talk, which we're doing today, was just gonna be the best comments best sitcoms. We went over this, literally went over this. We were doing best conniments and just said that Jets fired, it goes. It'd be great for Steves to do best sitcoms since he's a comedian instead of condiments.
Speaker 2: That was JP shout out the boy. Hey, okay, so what was I saying? Will help me out?
Speaker 1: Mother? So do you our tear talks where we like say like this is the best whatever, this is the second best? Is that their best? Our opinions? We usually pick one for each Will said, the entire Rocky series. This is tier one for inspirational sports or best sports Movi? All of them, all of them there, they're those ones from my my career. One mhm, you were here that ship you let him just ride, didn't you? Football movies? In two? He put uh, he put night lights? Would you say the worst version to remember the Titans? You know, I'm just and I talked to Will in the phone. He's not gonna I'm not sure he'll give in, but he did say if he redid it, he'd probably think about taking Friday night lights out.
Speaker 2: I would think about switching Friday. But doesn't mean I don't love the movie.
Speaker 1: It's great movie, full overrated, but I think it's a great movie football movies in general, besides Varsity Blues, Varsity Blues, Varsity Blues looking back, like, well, what's so funny? I don't rather have Mistery Alaska. The miracle, No, yes, miracle is unbelievable. But I love Mystery Alaska. The small town vibes. The rangers come in to play them and they tell who's who's the scene? Or does the national anthem?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: What for Mystery Alaska? And they're playing outside and like the dead of winter in Alaska and he they tell him, hey seen the national anthem? Real slow and all the rangers guys are fucking freezing and all the dudes from from Alaska are is totally fine. It's a fantastic movie. The scene when they're in the uh. We can agree that Rocky is a phenomenal, fun phenomenal film. Have you seen Rocky? I've seen one and and I saw the like the last one. I know, I'm i think we're mid or whatever the fuck the kids are saying nowadays.
Speaker 3: When it comes to that, what most nervous about is you strugg me for somebody who hadn't seen them all.
Speaker 1: So it doesn't matter if you've seen them all or not. It's you should it's you shouldn't have seven movies or three movies in your tier one. If Rocky, if Rocky one through three is your tier one, then Rocky one, Rocky Tower, rock If you're, however, you want to order them, I keep one Rocky three, Rocky too, Okay, then that would be your tears.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I understand.
Speaker 3: And if that's the case, you're getting gummy. You're getting a fucking gummy things. Understand the game. If I'm actually doing the tear talk, it's Rocky one. Remember the Titans Friday night lights? You know, but you could switch out of Friday night lights like you know, you can think of a fun one like water Boy, Happy Gilmore.
Speaker 1: Remember the Titans is like a movie about any quality that involves football.
Speaker 3: Do Remember The Titans is a fucking awesome movie. It's a good film, and the league cured racism. I'm pretty sure we gotta keep this thing going to canceled. We gotta keep this thing going.
Speaker 2: But remember The Titans is an awesome movie.
Speaker 1: It really is. Like there's a reason it is.
Speaker 3: Overplayed is extremely popular is because it's one of the best sports movies.
Speaker 1: Of all time. And if you can get my butterflies going, like gun Go Watch Gun dude, good.
Speaker 2: Not the most inspirational sports movie, Mike.
Speaker 1: I already explained why it is. I got goosebumps. And also the thing about Tears Dog is it's literally opinions, dude, whether how right or wrong they are. We have opinions.
Speaker 4: I get that, But to legitimately say it is it is my most I think here's what you should say.
Speaker 2: It is my most inspiring sports movie. I don't think it is the most inspiring sports movie.
Speaker 3: Like if you're actually trying to put it in there in lists, because then you have to take into consideration everybody else.
Speaker 4: Rocky is the most realistic I think in terms of like he establishes from the get go, you're in a shitty situation. He's boxing in a church right, right, and he's an orcer for a mob, right.
Speaker 1: Taking money by the way, with heart yeah, with a big heart too, which is nice, just like I don't know if I can go at the distance.
Speaker 4: That's all he wants to know, if he And then you set that theme it's it's it's proved at the end. But then you have a film done in the seventies where the mobster comes up to Rocky sitting in the car going, hey, yo, rock I heard your dating a retard.
Speaker 1: Why don't you take her to the zoo? I heard retards like zoos. It's like, what the fuck?
Speaker 4: Like that is crazy, like with the optics of today looking back on that, Like even Slapshot Again filmed in the seventies, Paul Newman walks into that dive bar in Johnson, Pennsylvania, and the guy who's the grizzled veteran pitcher in Major League is sitting at the bar chain smoking, watching the soap opera. And on the soap opera, the woman is breaking up with the guy and just taps him on the shoulder and he's just staring at the screen and goes, what.
Speaker 1: A fucking cunt. It's like that is fucking insane, Like that was in a movie, like dude, like could never do that today, So funny. God, I'll get canceled for that because voting. When you said, you said R and then he said it twice, You're gonna go to the top. Yeah, you said R a movie. Who's the Who's the Who's the comedian? I think I said Ralphie May Is that the dude? He's a white dude, right, big heavy white guy. Yeah.
Speaker 4: He was my favorite black female comic, fucking female comic because he.
Speaker 1: Had this high pitch boy dude. He I was listening to some of his stuff and he says the N word and he says, yeah, what he I'm not going to start in what you were saying, Taylor. Yeah, his shit is so like shock value funny. He has this whole thing about going to black movie theaters. How he loves black movie theaters and he loves watching the previews and he just loves lootening to black people in the back, like the black girls, like, Oh, I'm not ever going Norklan. You can't catch me going nook one out there with them shocks like, and he had a whole funny deal about that. His shit is so funny. He had a whole bit.
Speaker 4: About comic lived here in Nashville. He was one of the first I knew that kind of moved here him in Madigan. Obviously Nate's from here or whatever. But but yeah, great comic. Why is everybody moving here? I moved here because I got sick. I got sick of the politics, and I got sick of California taking advantage of It's the people that live there, you know, big Trump guy, your painta maga. No, it just it got It's hyper politicized over there. And you're going up into the Hollywood Hills off a gower off the one to one, and it's tense city. People like movie stars live up in the hills and you're going up gower and they set up wash stations and all this other stuff, and it's just like, the city's not Hollywood's not the city I moved to when I first moved there.
Speaker 1: It's awful.
Speaker 4: And then especially when you're raising kids there, my property tax is what I pay.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: I can't send my kids to private to public school because they're shit. So I got to go to private school. And to get into the private school, you got to sign up for a lottery and you hope you get in there, and then if you get in, you're paying college tuition for your kids to fucking crayons in an al It's fucking crazy.
Speaker 1: That's a tough deal. LA seems like a tough area. Now San Diego beautiful. I'm not San Diego.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of beautiful parts in Californias. Yeah, Parmel, shall we do uh to your talk?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I'm trying to think if there's anything else.
Speaker 2: This last question with Steve burn is brought to you by Roadback.
Speaker 3: The Roadback question use code Boys boys on roadback dot com for twenty percent off your first purchase. That's r h oback dot com. Code Boys work with the best college athletes around and have the best performance polos, shorts, c zips, and hoodies.
Speaker 2: It's all that we wear and for our guests today, we will be gifting Steve Burne a rowback performance hoodie on us.
Speaker 1: What's your vibe on SNL? Like how the dynamics changed, because I feel like SNL used to be and this is me shooting from the hip. I really don't know what I'm talking about, but SNA seem like a place where, like comedians, where that's if you want to get in the show business, that's where you go, that's where you start. Yeah. Yeah, huge launching pad like Will Ferrell, Farley Rock, all those guys were ripping in there. Belushi and now with all these things we've talked about, how everyone has a podcast, there's YouTube, there's so many diferent ways to get yourself out there.
Speaker 2: Has that taken away from SNL a little bit?
Speaker 4: You think s and OL will always be like a beacon of communal entertainment? Right, there's so few things that are communal these days. Sports, thank god, communal news. A big election is communal. SNL still is somewhat relevant in being communal where people share the clips and stuff. I think my biggest with SNL is that they went from character driven to premise driven, and so characters were the sketches. Now it's all based on a funny premise. Would be funny if this happened in this situation. Now the characters got truncated into weakend update. So Jost is just handing the ball to a to a character where the characters before, the whole sketch was built around the character. I miss that, I miss Church Lady, I miss all those things.
Speaker 1: I was the Bee Gangsters or whatever they were from Uh it was Belushi and was it Chevy Chase wasn't that I don't know.
Speaker 4: Lackroyd, Yeah, yeah, yeah, Blushi was the Bee, Yeah, all the great characters.
Speaker 1: Now they're just bringing people back over and over and over again, the Pepper Boy all that stuff. Yeah, yeah, that was awesome.
Speaker 4: I mean Target Lady with Christen wigg Yeah, I fucking love those sketches and the Californians, right, Californians. I don't know if they that sketch would exist today because they'd be you know, doing a sidebar and update, which that to me is when the show pivoted because for decades it was character driven and so now even like thinking like Shane was on SNL, it's like what character would he be doing? Like he doesn't even do impressions, like what would he be doing? But again that's why, because it's a premise driven.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The uh what about Mad TV?
Speaker 2: Was was there ever?
Speaker 1: I loved? Like, I think Will Sasso is one of the most talented.
Speaker 2: Fucking funny I didn't even know Will Cecil from Matt TV. I knew Will Cecil from fucking Vine, yes, but he was dude on Matt TV.
Speaker 1: Is so funny? Well was it? Michael McDonald? Was that his name? And bro calendar. It was so funny.
Speaker 4: Oh great, Bobby Lee, who I'm friends, I'm not speaking out of school when I tell you the story.
Speaker 1: He said, fucking crazy. That's a zipline. That's a zipline phrase for you, you love, I'm not speaking at a dude. You know what I'm saying that. You know? What do you the what do you doll?
Speaker 2: You pull the line there's a snake.
Speaker 1: In my boo. Your's a be I'm not speaking out of school here. You know.
Speaker 4: Well, Bobby and I have a very complicated relationship. It's a love and hate relationship. But I love him, right.
Speaker 1: Is there like a competition going on? No, not from no at all. Yeah, we won't say it. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I toured with Ken Jong, Bobby Lee, and Kevin Shay. We did this Kim's a comedy tour. We're in San Francisco Comedy comedy and Jung and Bobby Lee had had a rivalry. So Bobby was always the big dog. Right, He's on Mad TV. Everybody knows him. I just had a Comedy Central thing. Ken had just been like a three lines on the office, and Ken's trying to break in, right, So now we're doing Kim's of Comedy. We're touring Ken's in the Hangover blows the fuck up, and now the pendulum has swung to Ken's side. Now Ken's calling the shots right. So Ken and Bobby are in San Francisco. The line is outside the door, sold out, it's fucking packed. It's gonna be fun. They're fucking screaming at each other. Ken's pissed off bringing up this thing from years ago. Bobby's going back at him because Bobby's a fucking weasel. And they're just screaming at each other and Kevin Shae taps. He's like, dude, you might want to fucking break this up. And I'm like, I'm gonna let them go because this would be the cutest fight I've ever seen in my life. It's like a baby puppy and like a manchi chi wrestling. They're both five foot like three tiny, tiny little human beings. But Bobby, when he was on Mad TV, he was told me the story about this girl just got hired at Mad TV, And so she's filling out paperwork and Bobby thinks it would be funny and a good idea to pull up a chair behind her quietly as she's working, tap her on the shoulder and as she turns around, his ass is in her fucking face and he farts in her face.
Speaker 1: Bobby did that? God farts? Did it?
Speaker 4: She just she's literally filling out like a W nine, you know, and she farts in the face. And Bobby's like, hey, welcome to She's like, get the fuck away from me. Those shits. So so flash forward like lunchtime, Bobby's on the phone with the president of Fox Network and lawyers going what happened?
Speaker 1: And Bobby's like, uh, okay, well, I oh my god, dude, that show is so funny. He's, oh my god.
Speaker 4: But I always love Bobby on Mad TV, and and he had me on there like three hundredth episode or something. They had stand up on it, and so Bobby said, I know a great comic and he got me on it.
Speaker 2: So it was a pretty well why did that show end?
Speaker 1: What happened there?
Speaker 4: I think because it's on Fox and they didn't have the consistency with it, and they didn't they never really pushed it either, and it was different. It was it was very sketch heavy as opposed to like doing something like Update where you had a chance to take a breather and get to know some of the performers. It was just sketch to sketch to sketch, So there was no, like I guess, investment in meeting the character role players because you know when you had and plus you never had like the guests there. Through the guest you got to meet, you know, people during their monologues, so the players would come out and run the monologues with them, so you get to know them a bit more too.
Speaker 1: Matt TV was just sketches, that's it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they didn't have musical guests that often either to give you incentive to bring in a different broad audience as well.
Speaker 9: But I always liked it. But for me, SML's is still I still revere it.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: You kind of like an SNL viber or Late night show vibe.
Speaker 3: That's what you're building your premise offt for your show that's coming up in a few months.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: When I filmed this hour special, because you guys know, there's so many these days and it's just somebody in front of a curtain for sixty minutes, pontificault. It's called The Last Late Night and it's an homage to the late night talk show format, So I thought, everybody's doing an hour, do it a little differently. What can you do different in the space that's unique and you're not breaking the mold, but it's still there. So the most to me like something really digestible is the late night talk show. If you really think about its three styles of writing. You come out with a monologue, so those are kind of like fun one liners, right, and they are usually topical.
Speaker 1: So you do that for twenty minutes. Then you go to panel.
Speaker 4: When you go to on Colbert or Jimmy Fallon, you sit on the couch, he's behind the desk, and the producers tell say, okay, give us some stories. So it's really just storytelling. So that's twenty minutes. Then you go to the third act, which is traditional stand up next to the band, so you do another twenty minutes there. So the set is going to look like a talk show. I'll have a band, everything will feel like a talk show, the intro feel like a talk show, and even the presentation of the material will be under the umbrella and three act structure of a talk show. I've never seen anything like it before, and I was like, that's it because I saw Neil Brennan's three mics, and he just has three styles of comedy that's bouncing between. I'd seen a comic do that with two mics years ago on the MTV half hour Comedy Hour that was on a like the nineties.
Speaker 1: But I like Neil's concept.
Speaker 4: But this is certainly absolutely more visual, and my material is driven towards those things. But it all ties together at the end too, because there's a message behind it of the state of political correctness can cancel culture and everything. Just as a comic trying to do my part along with Andrew Schultz and Rogan and Chappelle and Shane Gillis and all these comics to push it back to go.
Speaker 1: This ship's getting out of fucking control, all of it.
Speaker 4: So, so is there a guest element like especially that like that, it'll just be me. So, Yeah, it's Saturday, August twenty seventh is open. Yeah, Yeah, theater you can get tickets. There's there's a few tickets left, and it's filmed right here in Nashville, so.
Speaker 1: It'd be cool. Oh that's awesome.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get tickets.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you guess. And my buddy Joe Gatto from jokers. He's going to direct it, so in the direct the special, which would be cool.
Speaker 2: That's just a there a goal in mind with it, Like are you trying to become a late night talk.
Speaker 1: Show outstanding late night guy? I think that where you just hang out with yeah, a little bit of everywhere like that. That's the whole point of a late night You're sitting with your buddy and you're yeah, you all sitting look at your chair too. I'm gonna trin my pubes here in my tone notes.
Speaker 4: H No. I think the formats kind of kind of antiquated. You know, in the seventies and eighties, the variety show was popular, and in the eighties and nineties that became antiquated.
Speaker 9: And I think what's happening now with late night talk shows.
Speaker 4: The relevance of seeing your favorite film stars peel back the curtain, get to know them and hear a story about it. It's all gone, Like the reverence of it is done, because now it's all on your phone. Like somebody from Rotten Tomatoes is talking about Top Gun two and they'll get a SoundBite of Tom Cruise talking about it.
Speaker 1: Like you get people that kind of reinvent it.
Speaker 4: Like James Cordon with the late night karaoke stuff that was kind of cool, but you're still watching it online.
Speaker 1: They do skits too, and they play games too, Truths and a Lie with Jimmy Fallon and stuff like that.
Speaker 9: He does some fun stuff. I'd like Jimmy.
Speaker 1: I think he does. I think he does a great job. He's a great host. Yeah, he understands it.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you get I don't know, like there's certain hosts that I think more the attention is towards them or they can't wait.
Speaker 2: That's why it's kind of centric around them. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's why I was thought Carson was the greatest because it didn't matter who got the laugh, as long as the show got the laugh.
Speaker 1: Is yeah, he was vibes yo. I feel some a future Hatter T shirt coming with that. Yeah, let's go. Yeah, Garrett, write that down. No, we do, uh to your talk, to your talk.
Speaker 3: This has been a long episode has been by the way, I apologize to like your listeners.
Speaker 4: It's like, oh, it's a comedian, it's gonna be fucking fun, and it's like it got a lot more serious, but I uh sorry about that.
Speaker 1: I think people. Do you feel like being a comedian, you have to be funny all the time.
Speaker 4: There's times where like, yeah, you feel like I should chime in here, and even like even when I'm talking, it's like I could do this trump bid, I could do this bit or I could improv.
Speaker 9: But like with you guys, it's it just feels comfortable. So it's been nice.
Speaker 1: And I think as long as we get three ways, as long as it's interesting, I hope I'm you know, the conversation across you reach your cross there, try backed up. Yeah, it's it's Homie Bush, all right, Well, yeah you talk, you know? Do you know the premise here I'll be kind of explained earlier.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, And we're doing so Tier talk Tiers one through three obviously your top three. We obviously were arguing about it earlier with the sports movies, but you will start with your tier three and build up.
Speaker 2: This is a good way to get roasted on the internet.
Speaker 3: Choose Have you seen any of the clips on Instagram or Twitter where you can go follow us a bus and wt sins you did?
Speaker 1: I didn't see the tier talks per se.
Speaker 3: No, So yeah, so usually you've on every week say them, but it's it's usually better if you give some context as to why you're choosing them.
Speaker 1: And do you follow busting with the boys? I do? Yeah, okay, good on Instagram's speaking.
Speaker 2: Sure love that.
Speaker 1: That's huge.
Speaker 2: Tier three, So you're gonna go first.
Speaker 1: I know it's tough. I can pick from the pick whatever you want. This is more like a guideline.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's more like a guideline.
Speaker 1: Okay, you've got my three one on here, though, we're just gonna get roasted.
Speaker 2: Hey, never mind, Tier, Well go ahead, No, no, no, no, never mind. I had a question, but it's already on there.
Speaker 1: Song go three two one? Right?
Speaker 2: Do it?
Speaker 1: Do I do it in order? Or do you do we go three through three?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: No, you do an order.
Speaker 1: We I need be fun to do that.
Speaker 3: I was telling the boys. CJ was on he goes. Since I'm since I'm sitting in Taylor seat, I want to go last. I was like, it's funny you brought that up, because I was actually gonna try and make an argument and say I have earned the right to go last.
Speaker 2: Since the scoreboard is.
Speaker 1: The wee can score. I think we can agree. You have more followers in me now, Helmie. You got that and my boy got his following is up. Dude.
Speaker 2: It's been a good glow up here for Willy.
Speaker 1: That's great. I appreciate it. Like trying to take the comment. I appreciate that, but no, the line's been drawn, and so I will go last.
Speaker 2: You started, You'll go three three, and then one of you guys go, I'll.
Speaker 1: Go, Taylor. Can we're doing three three three to three? Yeah, I think that would be a fun little element. Okay, okay. My Tier three is Martin while really trying to get the black community someone. They fucking love Martin, Lawrence Martin.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that show seeing it come on now college.
Speaker 1: But they got that mic back there. They're fucking loving it. You guys never watched Martin. I mean we've seen Martin.
Speaker 9: Yeah yeah, all my college roomates going animated like I love Martin.
Speaker 4: In anybody else's hands, they would play that straight, physically giving every line and over. He's like almost like a black Jim Carrey, Like everything is so much more accentuated.
Speaker 1: I fucking love it.
Speaker 4: He just threw every ounce of his body and soul into into that show, and everybody else is just pedestrian in it and grounding it.
Speaker 2: God, I'll tell you. The way you explain that just now kind of fired me up. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like that. I love that show. I love like the view you have on this stuff that we wouldn't have because you've been living it. You know, he threw his body until he was so essentially everyone was just there to support him. Well he did it.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, she was funny. You know you don't really reads and writes and does all the story. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very well spoken, very well spoken.
Speaker 2: A lot of big words. They got a Google later with a lot of big word. Who's gonna go from the back, Well, he's in boss of seat.
Speaker 1: So so this is your tier one? Okay, my tier one. They each do their tier one and this will be their three? Should we just wait? What they all get it?
Speaker 2: Give their favorite one and that that is their one?
Speaker 1: Two three? Got you? Got you so JP the first? Okay? Yeah, my tier one? Is we mentioned earlier one? The tier three? Two? Huh? Tier one or two three? There collective is going to be got it?
Speaker 2: Sorry, wait no, no, you're gonna say tier two or tier one, but that don't make no sense on the graph is gonna be.
Speaker 1: We let everybody have their own tears.
Speaker 4: Maybe we just leave it up there in the chart would be way too like small and graph things going on?
Speaker 1: How about this, Max? We they give their tier threes and us as a group picks the best one out of it that makes it on the graph element like that, right, I love elements. Yes, yes, this one. If that's if that's on your tier list, you're a piece of shit.
Speaker 2: Oh no, that second from the bottom.
Speaker 1: I mean it is like that. But there's only been one season, two seasons.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right, and that's a lot of recency bias going into a lot of phenomenal cause I can name three that's like two seasons, right, I think there's two seas the third one coming out soon, right, and it's a fire show.
Speaker 1: But it's so premature, it's so premature. Appreciate that, Jock, Hey, how was dude? We cannot let Jack be like, oh he's on us right now, he goes, He'll listen no more. That's good Taylor, good job you're developing, all right, So JP give us your tier three. My tier three is the Office, And I was late to the Office.
Speaker 6: I was always a hater of it, Like this is kind of this is mid yeah, and they're like, just watch it, started.
Speaker 1: To watch it, you know, the characters just like, all right, this is this is solid. So my tier three is the office Jackie Tier three.
Speaker 5: My Tier three will be It's always Sonny in Philadelphia to today, phenomenal cast, very hilarious.
Speaker 1: Charlie says, then we're in the first episode. Is he really so that one's canceled? My tier three is going to be that seventy show. I think that one's a sleeper. Oh yeah, oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Sorry, I fucked up when you pick though, Like let's say Garrett has an incredible Tier three.
Speaker 1: What if it's someone's Tier two. And that's where you know, it does play a little because Garrett, Garrett Garretts is in my list. Yeah yeah, hey, cut out cut out the part where Wilson's Garrett is in my list, because you don't want people people on their on their seats right now, at the edge of their seats. I know.
Speaker 2: But that reaction that he that I gave it.
Speaker 1: We both yeah, I actually have done that.
Speaker 2: I shouldn't have done that. I wanted to viewed it. I wanted that. Yeah, my Tier three.
Speaker 3: Is and I hate that I'm thinking backing, you know, what. I don't want to piggyback. I'm gonna throw it on mentioned to the office. My tier three, you know how I like to get a little wiggle room. My tier three will be friends. I think Friends is fucking all time. I loved every season. I binged all of it. I binged it the second time when I was in year three or four and loved every minute of it. I watched their reunion and to me, like taking friends because they did what ten seasons?
Speaker 1: Thanks? So yeah?
Speaker 3: Ten years of people being best friends like everyone in their world. Like we go through high school. We think, man, when we're in high school and we're going to hit our careers, we think, one day we're all going to come back to our bubble, right, who did what?
Speaker 2: And compare it in the romances that go on, same with college.
Speaker 3: Like the fact that these guys and that's four years growing up together and in three years of high school, but going through ten years of being like an adult in a show, going back and forth, ripping off each other, figuring each other out. They probably did have romances Ross and uh Rachel Rachel, Yeah yo, I almost true blank right there, I got you back, But their actual romance was a real thing, and for them to come back and do their anniversary and to see that they get to kind of do what everyone kind of thinks about in high school.
Speaker 2: I think it's incredible. So my Tier three is going to be friends.
Speaker 1: That's a great way to put it, dude. Yes, that was solemn, that was solid.
Speaker 2: I don't like doing it this way.
Speaker 1: I don't like because okay, it's well, you know, I fuck dude, because there's like five on here. They could really go in any order for me for sure. Okay, at first I disagreed with Will, but I gotta give an honorable mention to the Office as well. Dude, this sucks.
Speaker 2: It's just fam angle vibes the Office gives and the zoom an's and the.
Speaker 1: You can put it on any time too in it's his background. That's really all sitcoms. You can kind of do that, the ones you love.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: My heart's pounding out of my chest right now because my Tier three.
Speaker 4: The rose ceremony on The Bachelor, Bence, you got to insert the drama music close ups.
Speaker 1: I think ours is gonna be I think ours is gonna be the same. That's okay. The grand two bro, my Tier three's friends, and there's not a whole lot I can say other than what Will just said. The romances, everybody getting along with each other, everybody's own specific storyline that they were able to go and develop on their own. You fell in love with each of them every single time. Everyone was a big Chandler guy. Then after three or four seas, he's like, I love Joey too, And then everyone's kind of hates on Ross for a little bit, but he's like, oh yo, he's got to be there too. He's got he's he's he needs to be there. And then he gets the hottest girl. Then Monica comes in almost, Oh my god, Chandler and Monica are now a thing. That's fucking crazy to me. I didn't know that can happen. Now, all of a sudden, Joey's into Rachel and he doesn't know how to tell Ross. How's Ross and the engagement apartments right across the street. They can see into the window. They can see what's going on.
Speaker 12: Remember the engagement she was having the baby And joe turns around, Oh, Phoebe's now.
Speaker 1: A surrogate for another family. Yeah, that's crazy. Number one hit the coffee shop as a thing.
Speaker 2: It is unbelievable. Dude, goosebumps again.
Speaker 1: A Tier three hit all down?
Speaker 2: You did what sounded like a rap?
Speaker 1: Dude, Oh my god, Yeah that was great. Dude. Man, I think our tier twos are gonna be the same. Also, I think they'll say nothing, don't say nothing. All right, we've been cemented Tier three. We're good, JP, you're up, all right?
Speaker 6: My Tier two, I think this would have been my Tier one if I was older, But my Tier two is seinfeld m.
Speaker 1: I think it's just unreal. That's what they said when it was first. I'm going on records. It's my camera. I'm on record. I fucking hate them. Oh you don't like Seinfest, you don't like him. I've heard Seinfeldt to Pace. Yeah, sidebar story, we got a side story. He's just a horrible person. So you see his interview with Larry King when the B movie came out. Just watch that. Just watched that.
Speaker 2: So you're just saying from watching on the outside end, he's.
Speaker 9: Being at this and just seeing him and just like how he just the air about him.
Speaker 4: It's just like, oh god, what a horrible you know, like when when when the room when somebody walks in the room.
Speaker 1: And it just gets cold.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like, that's what it's like for me. I'm like, I did not a fun hang hang, there's no hang. It just he just floats in with arrogance and then leaves with arrogance.
Speaker 1: Jerry Seinfeld is on top of the world. Yeah, you would do it. The Coffee Show getting coffee.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he's getting coffee in that very.
Speaker 1: Quick comedy and watch uh it kind of. I was never a big Seinfeld guy, but that I heard that thing's good. Yeah, but you know it's just go ahead continue JP. Yeah, it's gotta be tough to talk about after that just happened.
Speaker 6: Don't care about your feelings. I separate the person from the show as a character.
Speaker 1: It's weird to hear it. That's crazy. So yeah, it's here too, stifelt.
Speaker 2: Now they're all going, right.
Speaker 1: They're all going so j is Jack's here too? This is tough man. My Tier two is going to be arrested.
Speaker 5: Development this phenomenal show with a lot of the way they intertwined all the running jokes throughout the seasons.
Speaker 1: It's very well written. Not just like an easy comedy to be a part of it.
Speaker 5: It's once you really get invested all of the banana stand I mean, there's there's so much.
Speaker 9: Shut your eyes, Shut your eyes. You hear Steve O.
Speaker 1: Okay, people are telling you selling Steve. No, but I definitely have that, like very like one of those. Yes, the reason you guys started calling me stoner Jack, yeah, which I thought was a cool nickname, and you totally shit on it.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, you know, I didn't have a career at the time, so that's pretty so you go back to be stoner Jack now.
Speaker 1: No, I'm I know your milk hunter Jack.
Speaker 5: You guys just are just trying to destore my career at all times, and that's okay.
Speaker 1: Did I really no?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, but I thought of one and it is is breaking my heart.
Speaker 1: That's not your tier three. Yeah, I put my fist down.
Speaker 2: No, I'm very upset. I'm very upset about it. Okay, so arrested development for Jackie.
Speaker 8: I'm kind of confused that this is a sitcom. But Eastbounding Down is going to be my Tier two?
Speaker 1: Does that count? That could sing?
Speaker 9: I think you would put that in because they're both single camp shows.
Speaker 1: Okay, single camp Yeah, it's like on HBO, right, Yeah, those entourage.
Speaker 2: I mean sitcom to me, you gotta be on cable television.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, you're right. That was bad that I'm saying. If you have the HBO channel, it's on you to be if you're rich. That's that's why I'm confused. It's thirty minute if you want to you want to say, say it's gonna be thirty minutes or less.
Speaker 8: Oh if it is, eastbounding down is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: So it's righteous Gemstone. Why, I'm like, that's you don't want to get in area? Yeah yeah, I never yeah.
Speaker 3: Here, I think it should be the thirty minutes or less, and it should be on cable television.
Speaker 1: Where everybody can enjoy it. Yeah, we had the channels. Okay, yes, all right, so that's tough. We're gonna we're gonna take it away from you. We're gonna take it away from Garrett. Oh, we'll put his fist down. Do you want us to come back to you? Yeah, okay, come back, that's fair. Okay, my tiers thirty minutes or less cable TV.
Speaker 4: My my my honorable mention because I didn't one was cheers, because I fucking love cheers.
Speaker 1: I watch that one too, That's a good one. This is unbelievable. Dude, Norm, Hey, what do you what do you saying? Hey, Norman's taking two cheeks and a couple of chins. Hand me a beer, Yeah, dude, every time he sat down.
Speaker 4: The best cold open of that show. It was one of one of the few they ever did outside. Norm standing outside and and I think Woody. Woody comes out and uh, He's like, oh what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 4: Wait wait wait, and then this car drives by and Hanks and Norm waves. He goes, oh, who was that. He's like, it's my wife. It was our anniversary today, and it goes back downstairs.
Speaker 1: That's the opening. It was fu brilliant. Yeah, so that's my autible mention. But my Tier two.
Speaker 9: It's a curveball, but it's the British Office.
Speaker 1: Who.
Speaker 4: British Office is the greatest single cam show done. It was so popular it created It basically gave license to Dirty Rock, all of them. They all copied that style and it was on BBC two and Rachel Jervis did it on nothing of a budget. The whole stilted camera in the back they all ripped off of it. The American Office I enjoyed, but the British Office, nothing will touch it. It's so uncomfortable. It's so fucking great. Ricky Gervais is a genius in that show. If you've never seen it, watch there are only six episodes a season, by the way over in England, so there's three seasons.
Speaker 1: It's like eighteen episodes.
Speaker 4: They and to his point when he when he's when he saw Steve Carell get the award at the Emmys, he said, ours was only three seasons and only like eighteen episodes. He said, uh, quality over quantity. And I do agree with that sentiment though, because they jammed. That show is so rock solid. There's no fat on those shows. It's great.
Speaker 1: Damn now the way you put it and have me agree with you a little bit, I don't know how that's going to be received. It's fine.
Speaker 4: But because the Office, you don't have Revere here, the British Office, you don't have the Office. You don't have any of those single camp shows that were to arrested development, none of it unless you have the British Office.
Speaker 2: I love that, and I love that you stick your flave ball on the ground.
Speaker 4: From Christopher guest because of the mockumentary's spinal tap was so influential to him, he wanted to make the mockumentary of being in a shitty office in you know, working class England's pretty outstanding.
Speaker 1: I'm absolutely sick, bro, I'm sick too because I just thought it too.
Speaker 3: I'm absolutely sick to my stomach that I can only say two more because I have three, like a true three. The fact that I've already said it to your three and I've said an honorable mention.
Speaker 9: It's like my baby girl. I know my number one, I know my number one.
Speaker 2: I could puke. This might not be well received by you guys, but I would like to ask if I can bump. It's okay. If it's no, it's okay. If I promise, it's okay.
Speaker 1: Being dry yet, or I put my down. You did, you did, you did?
Speaker 2: But hands are literally sweating.
Speaker 1: Dude the same, But I am lost right now. Okay, here's the deal. We all got to vote. I'll go first. I think that's okay. I really appreciate that. I really do appreciate that. Over. You're gonna start over, no, no, no, for will to bump his three for me? To knock my knock three and he's got two honorable mentions. Now, so well, I yeah, such a fucking loser. We will not allow that with you. Why vote against the boys? You should don't ask the DA vote and they're gonnavote against you. I need to buy my three two. But hey, Jack, you want to shivarado? Come on? I say yes, JP, I would say, yeah, yeah, why not, I appreciate. Okay, that's two. I say no.
Speaker 2: I say no, we got we got the people on the show.
Speaker 1: They they're votes. Oh really, you guys, it was like double that's crazy votes. Oh, Dictator Willie, dude, Yeah, Dictator will We're gonna let I agree. Let's go, baby, it benefits me. Let's go.
Speaker 2: We can't let the prisoners ron the yard.
Speaker 1: Boys. I'm not going from having a great time my dan get relationships. Sounds like it wasn't. Oh oh god, all right, So Willie give us your two honorable mentions and your tier three.
Speaker 3: My two honorable mentions. Like, I'm sad we had to bump friends. I do think we really we really did.
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Oh wow, I'm not adding like another honorable mention in there. Okay, I just I have my three.
Speaker 3: Yea, my Tier three is gonna take everybody for everybody's gonna be like huh. But when I really started to fall in love with the idea of knowing that it was a sitcom. It happened for me in college when I would binge this show because my brother Cody shout out, Cody, all the free shoutouts to the little bro put me on this show, and it is How I Met your Mother? How I Met Your Mother's one of my favorite shows of all time. I just I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was one of the first shows I've been binge watched. I think the pub at the bottom of will sas So actually makes an appearance in How I Met Your Mother?
Speaker 2: But what's the big Dog's name?
Speaker 1: From?
Speaker 3: How from Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Yeah, Jason Stiegel, Like, I love all the characters there, I'm standing.
Speaker 1: I'm sticking with that. I really love How I Met Your Mother. That is my Tier through friends. Yeah, and it's wild too, because without friends, how much your Mother is not happening?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 1: I agree with so thepremacist YouTube of the office. It's the opposite. So I don't hate it, though, I think how much your Mother is a phenomenal film. But I'm not mad at you at all. Okay, good deal. I really I needed that, truthfully, But gonna have everything I get ship on.
Speaker 2: I don't go back and watch Friends for the second time without binging How I Met Your Mother. Like Friends, I was just kind of watched pradically.
Speaker 3: I never kept up with it, like to where it was like in syncret in sequence or chronological order. But when Cody put me on How I Met Your Mother, and I watched that all the way through and I fucking loved it. That made me go back and watch chronologically the Friends.
Speaker 2: So Friends wouldn't be there without now.
Speaker 1: One thing I don't like about how Much Your Mother is it's kind of everyone has their own character development, but it's really based around Buddy, what's that dude's name? The main guy? And how much mother? Since it's your tier three, you should know. But I'm more in love with like Barney. Yeah, Barney's ane. Yeah, fucking Barney was all the time you're talking about Ted, Ted. I think Ted was kind of a bit because after a couple of seasons, you're like, you kind of just he's kind of like the Ross. Yeah, and it's like always. He kind of annoyed me after a while for sure, and I thought Barney kept it going. Jason Steegele that's his name, right, Yeah, he did Stiegel. He did a fantastic job too. Okay, my Friends is now bumped, and I think yours was more well received. Mine will not be well received.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we need your two. So my tier two is that seventies show.
Speaker 3: That seventy show was the first show I would literally go home after high school every day and watch. It didn't matter which one was on. All of the characters that I love them, red Foreman, Eric Foreman, Kelso Hyde, Jackie, I love Donna, I loved them all. Dude, they sit in the circle understanding they're all getting high, but they're not like.
Speaker 2: You know, they're implying.
Speaker 1: Behind him. I love Eric.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna put my foot in your ass. A tough love.
Speaker 1: Just the basement vibe. Yeah, mom's an alcoholic. Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: That seventy show is like the first sitcom that I just would watch over and over every day.
Speaker 1: Phenomenal. Thanks man, So my Friends is now bumped. Boys, I'm sorry for being true the way you have today. Just know, although I agree with Will, I don't agree with how he handled it. My Tier three we good out here, boys, We're straight. You know what I'm saying. I'll get you guys back one of these days. Uh. My Tier three has not been seen by a lot of people. And I Will, I've tried to put you on the show so many times. I think it's phenomenal. The show is one long run on sentence. It's based in Canada. It's a small tiny town of five thousand people of Christian Hicks, hockey players and skids. The dynamic is unbelievable. And the spinoff I think I would have put it my Tier Talk, but it's only been one season, but it fires me. The fuck up show is Letter Kenny. I think that show is so funny. The chirps is the way people. I fucking love that show. I think it's unreal. It's there's a and then in that show, which will eventually probably become In my Tears, is a show called Shorzy, which is a spinoff of a character on that show. Joresy's a hockey player. You never see his face. Jared Keizo, who is the writer and director of that show, plays the main the main one of the main characters who's quote unquote hick. He also plays Shortzy as a hockey player, but you never see his face the whole time, and all he does is just chirp. They made a spin off where Jered Keyso's face is now seen and they're in this shitty place in Canada where they're playing like senior a hockey and it is Buddy. If you like hockey, you will fucking love the show. Taylor really does the first shows to put me on it all the time. I just it is so genuinely funny. I love it. I absolutely love it. I'll check it out. Yeah, Letter Kenny's great, but you're gonna love Shorts. He's only six episodes. They're fast paced. They move like it's going and going and going. Where is it? Uh, it's finding on who? I can't put it in there. It's on Hulu.
Speaker 2: I was wondering if it was on Like, it's not on cable. I can't put him in there.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's crazy. It was just intercepted himself. That's yeah. I threw the ball and I ran and caught it. That was pretty impressive of me. It's on Hulu. I wish you didn't ask that because then that I could have got away. It's all right, it would have been found out eventually. Maybe you can have that like in Canada you Crave TV, which is their Hulu. Oh okay, I thought it was on like CBC.
Speaker 3: Maybe you can put it as your honorable mention and keep their friends with It's just so it gets its love and then you obviously explained it on social media.
Speaker 1: I'm gonnaed that whole letter Canny thing cut up. I'm trying to get on that show. Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, I'm trying to get on that show. But yeah, what a fantastic show and Shorty's unbelievable. You you will absolutely love it, Garrett, What would you have bumped?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: I had to do right here too. Now Friends is back in my tier three? Is that what we're saying? Well, it'll be on the grind All, be on the graphic. We'll give you Letter k Yeah, that's fine. You do love according to according to you, they don't count, So I would say I would vote yes with them on Letter Kenny. Let me keep it.
Speaker 3: Nope, Cray, letter Kenny is let it. Oh he's abouting down love it, dude. I could sit there and watch the Will Farrel bloopers every fucking day.
Speaker 1: Two pumps for one. Yeah, that is just so funny. Okay, anyway, that's my Tier three. Let the boy watch my tier two. We're on the same way today. That seventy show, I just like will I would come home. That is the first time I fell in love with. Like your celebrity crush, And who's your celebrity clush Kate Winslow Winslow or Win's let Winslow. I know she's on that seventy show from Titanic the first moooves I saw. She was the first mooves I saw, and that really whoa, this is what the world's like. That's incredible. The first girl I fell in love with was Jackie. Oh my god, she was. Mila Kunez has since then been my celebrity crush. Don't care how old she gets. She's just outstanding in my opinion. I hope I never meet her. I hope I never do. Yeah, I don't want to get let down, you know, I don't. I don't. I don't want to be let down.
Speaker 2: Isn't it fucking awesome that Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher.
Speaker 1: Got married and I love Ashton. I fucking love Ashton Kutcher, the whole dynamic between everybody. It's just it's outstanding, dude, it's.
Speaker 2: Such a great show. That seventy show is my Tier two.
Speaker 1: Get out of these. I'm proud of all these. Right now, what would you want to bump?
Speaker 8: I'm gonna need to bump that seventy show to two and do three. Now, okay, if that three, well, it was that seventy show and then I did Eastbound and Down. Y'all said no for some reason.
Speaker 1: He said no. He said no, Will said no.
Speaker 2: The second time around.
Speaker 1: I haven't done it yet, okay, proheed, all right.
Speaker 8: So now that I'm bumping that seventies show to two, my Tier three is gonna be two and a half.
Speaker 6: Men.
Speaker 8: M that was one that I felt like I was young and didn't understand. But I've gone back and watched him, and it's just I don't know why, but it makes me laugh so hard.
Speaker 1: It's a random one, but it's one that like, I didn't really watch a bunch, but it's one of those.
Speaker 6: All right, all right, boys, all right? The tier one at number one, My Tier one is fresh Prince of bel Air.
Speaker 1: They got it.
Speaker 6: All in there, And it's especially the scene when his dad is going to take him on a trip and then his dad bails at the last moment and he's.
Speaker 1: Crying with uncle Phil. You know what, I don't need him. I taught myself how to drive, tell myself how to shoot a basketball. Hell with him? Why he don't love me? Man?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, you're one.
Speaker 1: We're one.
Speaker 6: Jazz carl And and Viv and Viv spoke at our graduation in college as well, So through one fresh prince, that's.
Speaker 1: A good one. Uh to me.
Speaker 5: The office that is God tears, so it doesn't deserve to be on the list. And I agree with Steve with the the UK Office really setting the the playing field for everyone.
Speaker 1: But I think the officers, God, no, don't be talking. Well, don't you fucking talk like that.
Speaker 5: But my number one, and this probably won't catch one of eyes, but for me, it's workaholics, workaholics.
Speaker 1: For me, it's my guilty pleasure show. I put it on.
Speaker 5: I just stood on the background and just let it play. So yeah, number one, tier one workolics. Damn, I bro I knew I was gonna get this is gonna happen.
Speaker 8: This is why I like the last My number one is also Workaholics, like it is like where I get my humor. It's just it's done every thing I've needed it to do, and you just put it on repeat. I think I'm on season four again for like the twentieth it's just so good.
Speaker 1: That's fucking Obviously that wasn't received the same way Garrett, but you know, he just said it. So that's the phenomenal picks. Boys.
Speaker 4: I'm a little insulted. No one puts Sullivan and Son in any of their top three?
Speaker 1: Is that your tier one?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: No, no, it was all my own show and it's not in my top three, My top one, my tier one Married with Children. I fucking love Married with Children. And you got to remember, at a time sitcoms very traditional, right. It was The Cosby Show. It was kind of great shoe yeah, it cheers. But then you got Fox, this brand new network that's coming out, and they put this sitcom on where they just said anything they fucking want.
Speaker 1: That show was almost like the Internet.
Speaker 4: Before the Internet, you have characters saying things that are outlandish and insulting and and making like a mockery caricatures of like your your typical housewife.
Speaker 1: PEG's constantly smoking.
Speaker 4: Al Bundy's got his hand in his pants and he just wants to read Biggins or go to go to the go to Biggins the strip club with his group of guys and the neighbors, and they treat their kids like shit, and the kids treat their parents like shit.
Speaker 1: You'd never seen anything like it before. I fucking love that show.
Speaker 4: And Ed O'Neil in that show is the I mean when he's in the shoe store and and and like women are coming out, like big obese women taking their sh and he's shitting on them and making fun of them, like, oh, keep your shoe on, please get out of like you know, he had so many great lines.
Speaker 9: I live and die by that show. If that show's ever on, I just I don't move.
Speaker 1: I love it. It's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I never watched it. You've never seen it.
Speaker 1: Have you guys seen Mary?
Speaker 3: But I love the way you explain it. Holy shit, I could listen to you talk about anything.
Speaker 4: He he the lines in that show, the caricatures of like it's really it's like it's about masculinity because al Bundy is like your typical American male. He wants to drink beer. He his wife annoys it. Every time his wife wants sex. He's got a line He's like, peg, I'd rather do X y Z than have sex with you. And it's and his daughter's a whoreror. Christina Applegate's an an absolute horror hey, which makes that seventies show a good one too. The sister, yeah, the sister, Yeah. Ted Bundy's not Ted Bunny. But but Bundy's always jerking off. There's all these masturbations. It's like again, like you got it. It's like a time caps some time. You'd never seen anything like it. But they still hold up if if you get a chance, watch an episode in the middle of like their runs the first season or two, they were still defining their voice as a show.
Speaker 9: But it is hilarious, laugh out loud lines that writer's room must have been like.
Speaker 4: I don't think they ever were like, oh you can't do that, that's too far, Like that's how crazy the lines were on that show.
Speaker 1: Now Mary has.
Speaker 2: Children is the dad on that show? Is he the grandpa? And Modern Family?
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, that's okay, and what a great as well Modern family who totally different characters. He is h he's great. That shows awesome. The dad and modern family is also phenomenal, all time character all treed with children. You never heard of married with children? I haven't, dude, when I was when I was in middle school. Now, when I was in middle school, I got grounded from uh not middle school, elementary school. I had grounded from my cartoons. I wasn't allowed to watch cartoons. So on Channel fifty one there was TV Land, and tv Land played all the older ones. So I started watching Cosby Show, Married with Children, all that stuff. Dude, it was awesome.
Speaker 2: That show came out in eighty seven.
Speaker 4: Eighty seven ran for like I don't know when it must have gone. Your list might not play well on Twitter, but you might do numbers on Facebook. Good fun forty seven years old. I mean, I don't I own my age. I don't care that at least I'm not greats would be?
Speaker 1: I love Lucy? You know? Happy days?
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, so my my two always Are you ready?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I'm ready for my I've been ex This was actually the one I thought about because I watched it so casually, and I think it is timeless.
Speaker 1: You're getting this.
Speaker 3: It's a shout to the Tiger Blood King himself. Charlie Sheen two and a half Men, that is number one. Yes, I can watch it. I still watch it. I watch it now when it's on, I go on Two and a half Men. It could be background noise. It is my favorite show. I was so sad when they stopped running him or they went into.
Speaker 1: The Ashton Kutcher.
Speaker 3: I didn't think that Two and a half Men was that good at all, But to Charlie Sheen, two and a half Men, dude is my favorite shit. I would watch it at it. I think it's timeless. I think I'll watch it forever as long as they're running them on TV.
Speaker 1: I'm watching it.
Speaker 2: Two and a half Men.
Speaker 1: You know, I was impressed the way you reacted when Two and a half Men was brought up. I do.
Speaker 2: I was like when he because Lookki Gertt took a couple from me. I think we know who's who's just making the list.
Speaker 1: What do you mean up there? Whose we're taking one?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're taking one from each for sure, like gar no, no, no, no, we're taking I thought we're taking one column like it's gonna be JP's callum Jack's column or Garrett's Calumn.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought it was gonna be one friend. Well when I the way I phrase it, that's how I was thinking. But we can do whatever you guys want. I'm going to do the person too.
Speaker 3: If you got called up, you're getting yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm getting. Sitting here, get listening to Garrett. I'm like, we could legit fucking watch TV together because even Yellowstone beautifully.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it's a way to say it too, like, yo, I could fucking watch TV with this motherfucker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't really know.
Speaker 2: And we would have a great time not saying a word to each other and kind of like looking over each other like you like this too.
Speaker 1: That would be like, you know, you got a good friend too. When you sit in a room and just no, don't even talk. You don't have to talk, you have to do there's no like, hey, we got to say something to each other. You go and sit there and watch TV, stare your phones, and you're cool with it. Yeah, it's a friend right there. And eventually, like I think I'm gonna head home, you're like, all right, bro, man, we'll see you. Or if you're me, it's like come ons. Sait for ten more, ten more minutes, like we've done nothing. Yeah, that's a solid one. You know what I thought of too.
Speaker 3: I don't think you're gonna say it, so I just if I may, I have a third honorable mention fucking around.
Speaker 2: What I was thinking of is King of Queens. I really I always like enjoy that show.
Speaker 1: It was an enjoyable show. I don't think it was gonna make the tears. That wouldn't make the tears, but a good like you kind of grin and yeah, let me go see what Kevin James is said too. All right, my tier one. Uh, it got me right here because every single time I would watch a show having some girl problem. I don't know why, but if I was having some girl problems, vigue, was going through a breakup, or it was just a little down, I would put this show on. I would just watch it for hours. It made me feel so warm and fuzzy, watching the trials and tribulations of this young gentleman work through becoming a doctor, going through love, figuring out with people, what are we gonna do? Left and right? I will watch the show whenever it's on. You put it on now, and it's a little cheese. It's a little cheese if you put it on now. But it's so fire. And that show is Scrubs. I think that show is all fucking time my logan's favorite show. Really, I think that show is so good. Brown Bear my buddy. Well here's who he's named after, my nickname for him. But anyway, that's that brown Bear is on the show of Scrubs. Brown Bear, Yes, okay, JD is the main character. His best friend is brown Bear. Who's the p Yeah, who's Pete from Remember the Titans? His his character is unbelievable, but they just did there. That's an all time show. It warms my heart of every single time I watch it. I love it. The head doctor, Doctor Cox, his rants going in on JD was just all time dude. That guy's so fucking funny. I absolutely love that show.
Speaker 9: I'm no Golden Girls, not one mention of Golden Girl Olden Girls.
Speaker 1: You ever watch it, and I've never actually seen Golden Girls either.
Speaker 4: Really solid, pretty funny, holds up yeah really one of the one of the classics that you'll just be flipping through channels and it's on it Betty Betty White, Yeah, obay wipe the Arthur m Well, there a.
Speaker 1: Lot of great out there, but that's why it's tiered the sitcoms.
Speaker 8: I think also what helps the sitcom game is their songs, Like that intro song, like every time it comes on, you're like like I'm not hitting men men, But like the sitcoms songs like the intro songs were just.
Speaker 1: Perfect about God's Here. You know how we put Wedding Crashers at God's Here for our rom coms? If we all if our tier ones are all the same automatic God tier, and so that one goes and transcends, and then our tier twos become tier on tier threes too, and then we get one more, but honorable mention makes it up? How do we figure that out? Though? If that's how it's God's Here, dude, you know what I'm saying, it would be but we would all say say best rom comm and we'd all for us. I don't know what would be for you. I love, I don't know, I love this is the sitcom. But you know what I'm saying. You know the joke I'm trying to present to you right now.
Speaker 2: But Wedding Crashers was by far number one I'm.
Speaker 3: Just saying it slicked that. So who are you picking back there for the list? My vote would be Garrett.
Speaker 1: My vote is also Garrett. All right.
Speaker 4: Wow, this is the longest I've ever done, I've ever been on a podcast. It was fucking great. Thank you guys.
Speaker 2: How did you feel about the tier talk? Like, were you getting bored listening to us?
Speaker 1: Now? We were super into but I was kind of thinking, like.
Speaker 4: What I was like hearing is like the descement, like how you break it down and how you break down when you did the Friends rant, I was like, oh my god, I bet like if you took that sound clip and sent it to somebody that wrote on Friends, they'd be fucking like over the moon. It was so fun to see how you broke it down and then your your take on I think your third was really cool. I don't know, it's it's funny hear how people perceive the show and what it means to them.
Speaker 1: You know, I think I liked it. I had it fun. I think it's a great way to go to turn off your brain exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a pro vibe. That's why it's funny. I was talking to the guys on practical jokers. That's why their show works.
Speaker 1: Do you know why?
Speaker 4: Because their their laugh is their laugh track, Yeah, which I never put together.
Speaker 1: I was like, that's fucking brilliant. Yeah, that's smart. That show is so damn funny. Now why did they break up? Are they done doing their thing? Or no?
Speaker 4: Three of them are still doing it. Joe just stepped away. I think he's you know, seems.
Speaker 2: Like we should have Joe on.
Speaker 1: Sounds like he got a big trifect ahead of you, Dane Cook, which will probably put that in the probably not category. The Vince fin will put in the probably category, and then Joe will We'll just see. We'll see how the rest of this conversation goes.
Speaker 4: So if Dane came out here to play, I'm sure he'd do it because he's doing a lot more podcasts.
Speaker 9: Vince sol I'm sure I'll talk to him next day or so, and then I'll talk to.
Speaker 1: Just you call. We take the phone really, Hey, Uh you want to come on?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 1: Sweetheart? Uh?
Speaker 3: I'm still sitting on the bus with Steve Burne, Taylor and all the boys. We are just now wrapping up. Hig your boy will be home as fast as possible. We just got down with our tear talk house were doing its root being a little nightmare.
Speaker 1: Man. Imagine being married to Will where like you think every conversation you have might be like recorded or tweeted about Charles. They're like, yeah, she's being fine. It's not that big of a deal. She's on a speakerphone right now, sitting.
Speaker 2: Here with Steven Taylor.
Speaker 3: She's like, okay, you know your things great, Yeah, stay as long as you want a text on the side. You know, I was fucking around right just for the audio, but all right, they I'll be home soon. Oh perfect, Well we'll order We'll order Uber Eats or Postmates.
Speaker 1: Where's your elbow so high? Alright's that thing doing up there?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Love? You see, all right, we'll talk to you. Letterswitty, you just go ahead, getting a lot of trash like that. My pitton a little bit. God, that dude can no pits. Dick can's fire. I want to give a quick shout out, real quick to Chevy Silverado. The vehicle that they made. They made an engine called the three fifty. That is what is a sitting inside that seventy six van. That van just traveled two three and fifty five miles. I had a hiccup, not because of the engine, but because of the gas pump and the carburetor broke. I got that fixed, that engine ran hard twenty two hours straight to get here. Yeah, you'll have to say that again for our intro next week. Absolutely, I will. I love that.
Speaker 3: I love how he says it, like we just do it through our bodies. Like I want to give a shout out to Chevy because well, yeah know when this one's gonna drop, like you'll you'll definitely be delivering this again.
Speaker 1: I got twenty minutes to talk about that show.
Speaker 4: I got to give a shout out to Saturn for the third door when I roll up to Zanies and I popped that third the girls, No, poon Town's open for business.
Speaker 1: So thank you to thank you to Saturn. Shout out Saturn psychic, no free, shoutouts of Saturn, no leap when he says.
Speaker 2: V fun man, I appreciate it, and again shout out your days for tickets recording all this stuff.
Speaker 4: August twenty seventh, Franklin Theater, filming for Amazon Prime seven, nine thirty pm. Joe Gatto directing. It's a It's just it's gonna be a fucking great hour special. I worked so hard on this, so thank you guys for having me, and thank you guys very much.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get tickets.
Speaker 4: Uh Franklin Theater, just God, whatever the fuck it is, or whatever the fuck it is. Dot com frankslist you can find tickets. Yeah, back page Yeah, free tickets. I can't use these. Anybody want them? Yeah, that's where we find them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, perfect, all rightiate you, thank you, Ja, bye bye vibe.
Speaker 2: Nothing better