Speaker 1: No Willian.
Speaker 2: Doctor, welcome back. Top of the week. Who's excited? Man, ready to ready to tackle tackle the week?
Speaker 3: So excited. It's gonna be a great week. Great week, Rory, gotta set the tone. See Mondays that small love Mondays. You set the tone. Yeah, set the tone for the week on Mondays. I feel that.
Speaker 2: And uh, we actually have an event on Saturday. Yes, we do a week this good week, great week. Do you want do you want to plug it? I'm always bad at plugging things.
Speaker 1: Oh listen, let me let me help you. We're doing a pop up, Rory.
Speaker 3: Yes, we're popping up at Cafe cole Mada this Saturday in.
Speaker 1: The city of New York City.
Speaker 3: We have some merch that will be selling that cafekl Mada, and we will be having exclusive drinks that we will create, Yes for ourselves. I'll have a drink and you'll have a drink at the people in New York City or surrounding area. If you want to come out, come kick with us for a few whiles at Cafe Cooled Mata.
Speaker 2: Okay, do I need to submit my recipe or are they going to handle my drink?
Speaker 1: No? You can submit?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, you can submit. We just gotta make it. Don't make it nothing too crazy though.
Speaker 1: I just don't want to run into a non alcoholic thing. Of course I'm the cafe.
Speaker 2: No, I'm trying to think of what my I just think of a flat white would just be a funny, ironic.
Speaker 3: Flat white because I'm definitely a flat white, a flat white drink.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't want to run into like a curb your enthusiasm moment. Remember when Larry went to the sandwich shop and they named the sandwich after him and it was like three different types of fish and cream cheese and try to switch the sandwich like, I don't, I didn't improve.
Speaker 1: Just give me a turkey sandwich. Yeah, keep it, let's keep it simple.
Speaker 3: Yeah, flat white, maybe some ginger in there or something like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, no, I mix it up. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I still can't get a babysitter, so it may be, uh maybe the revealed party of Amara.
Speaker 1: The revealed party again, you tried.
Speaker 2: To get a babysitters. It's everyone is out of town for some reason.
Speaker 1: This weekend was going on this weekend.
Speaker 2: I don't know, just everyone in my family is not available, but it really Amara might be there serving drinks. It's about time she got a job because her daycares. It is really kicking my ass right now, to the point that I looked at the jay Z tickets and nah my kid gotta eat.
Speaker 1: Which listen, I thought about it. I made the right decision.
Speaker 2: But don't think that I was about to pull that trigger and be like, I mean, she could do Dino nuggets for a month.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, why not? But it stow them in the hum and keep it simple. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, check us out this week and this Saturday of this is the twenty eighth, right eighth, Yes.
Speaker 1: March twenty eighth.
Speaker 3: Cafe Comada, two eighty six Broome Street here in New York City.
Speaker 1: Come check us out. We'll be there.
Speaker 3: We have merch on sale. Yeah, I mean, have some music, some drinks and just kick it with the people for a couple of hours.
Speaker 2: Should we should we test test out Ryan skills? On Ryan's resume, he said.
Speaker 1: I don't know Ryan.
Speaker 3: Ryan played something. What was that he played last week? He didn't even have a he didn't even have a hip hop step. He got into like some some alternative he's been working on the hip hop. We're not gonna be the Guinea Pigs for the hip hop set. We can't do that. Oh my gosh, I'm scared already.
Speaker 1: Man. Hip hop is to him with Neil Souls to Jack like he just discovered it. We're not doing that ship. We're not. And it's not because he's from the Bay. So it's gotta be.
Speaker 3: Like Santa Mona because the name of his like stet like.
Speaker 1: He's gonna have a set name. You need to be like Pelican Bay or some ship like that.
Speaker 3: Maybe, yeah, but we'll see what. We'll see what Ryan has for us, either Alcatraz, Yeah.
Speaker 1: DJ.
Speaker 3: Djbay something like that. You know, what's your what's your DJ name?
Speaker 1: Ryan? Oh god, yeah, it's just his name. Yeah. I never trust the DJ wh is just their name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta be you gotta be DJ Golden Gate or something, DJ DJ Easy Way Out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, usually because that's too dark. I'm sorry, but nive percentage that bridge it in particular. I don't know why.
Speaker 3: Either way, it's gonna be great. Men Catholic Comada this Saturday, March twenty eight to eighty six Broome Street.
Speaker 2: Come check us out, yep, and we are back sponsored by Boost. I don't know if you've noticed within the first four minutes. But Maul and I have been batting a thousand in our Demeris predictions and she's not here.
Speaker 3: Y'all don't listen to me enough, Like this is my problem with everybody in this room, even though it's only four of us in here, y'all don't listen to me. I told y'all on last week, I said, there's no way Demaris is coming in here on Monday. Everybody comes l nah, she'll be here. Damash is like, what, No, I'll be here. I'm like, Damaris, No, he leaves Houston the day they say they're going to leave was always something that pushes back low and behold planes crash, ice agents are now TSA agents. Yeah, yeah, whole kind of thing's going anything. But Demara's making it here with us today, and.
Speaker 2: It's it's what's quite annoying about the entire thing is condolence is to to the people that passed in the Yes accent this morning at at Loguardia, that that is is very, very upsetting that a minor mistake could lead to that. I just feel like Demarus wasn't gonna make it anyways, and finally found like a teflon excuse that we can't say anything to her because that didn't, in fact happen in the airport a Newark airport called on fire. Some shit, it's a mess. Yeah, but I think either way, she wasn't making that flight.
Speaker 1: No, she wasn't gonna be it.
Speaker 2: She saw that cancelation was like fuck yeah, after people pay, that just added to it.
Speaker 1: That just added to the cancelation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I mean, I wasn't her close friends over the weekend she permanent removed you right, No, I was there. Okay, I'm gonna wait for her to come back, but I think we can implement the Baby D challenge. I'd like to give you guys more details, but it'd be way more fun when Demarus is actually here. If you thought planking was a craze, wait till the Baby D Challenge hits the streets.
Speaker 1: I already Amara already did at the playground. What's the BABYD challenge? Just laying down? When she was laying down on it, laying down like scare places and you shouldn't be laying like the jumpman symbol, like she was a spread out like that.
Speaker 3: I thought she was doing yoga. Yeah, because it was a yoga mat. She was laying on a yoga mat. I think, I mean, how flip flops were right there? So I'll just you know, I thought she was doing a little downward dog you know.
Speaker 1: Mean I hear you. I already had.
Speaker 2: I already had Amara get started on the Baby D Challenge, which I can't wait to pitch this to her whenever she does finally come back. But yeah, I had, I Hadamara laying on playground equipment in the same way Baby D was so down. But I mean, should we should we call her? I feel like she probably just went to another day party or.
Speaker 1: She's currently trying to get back to New York. I don't believe her. We're gonna FaceTime audio. We'll do audio, okay, because who knows where she is?
Speaker 3: And I'm sure she's But that's why I wanted to FaceTime, Like, Yo, turn your phone around, show me that you're at the airport.
Speaker 1: Let's see if she even answers hello, Yo, Yeah, where are you at the airport?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well we record.
Speaker 2: Today, We record today, like this is recording.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you do. So you're at like Laguardian, should should we wait? Laguardian burned down or whatever it was, LaGuardia burned it down. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: So that means you're at JFK when you say you're at the airport, so like you'll be here like what like forty five hours?
Speaker 1: We can wait or I can't leave?
Speaker 4: Meet them all now right now for real. My bracket fucked up. I'm in this airport for three hours.
Speaker 1: My bracket up. I want you had Syracuse winning and they wasn't even talking. Who has Syracuse? You know what? Oh? Man, are you feeling on you? All right? You're scared. I'm scared of what I don't know? Man? Is it Ice agents at T s A?
Speaker 4: There are? But I think I'm American?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so you want to bus You're good?
Speaker 4: No, but they're they're all over the place and they ain't playing too And anybody who looked like they shouldn't be flying like they're around they're doing two jobs at once.
Speaker 3: That ass Yes, this is the America I voted for, literally not.
Speaker 1: Right now, Like this ship is no fucking game. I feel so bad for these people.
Speaker 2: Just something about Ice catching an illegal immigrants going through like.
Speaker 1: Clear that's funny to me. I shouldn't like laugh at that.
Speaker 2: But just the thought that you could be an illegal alien and also have clear and pre check is fucking funny.
Speaker 1: It is fucking insane.
Speaker 4: Bro. Like when that text us just came through that my flight got cancel when I was in the strip club, I just took a shot. But fuck it, we're here now.
Speaker 1: We're here now.
Speaker 2: So I mean, I'm shocked that because I think you said your flights tomorrow night, I would have just given up.
Speaker 1: I would have given up and went back to strip club.
Speaker 4: No, because I know we have to we're supposed to be recording tomorrow.
Speaker 1: We already moved that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it aware to the regular schedule because you're not gonna be here. We were doing that for you.
Speaker 1: I know I will be here. I'll be here. I land tonight.
Speaker 3: Oh you land tonight? Yeah, I thought your flight was tomorrow six thirty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I moved.
Speaker 4: It because apparently LaGuardia is opening up at two pm today.
Speaker 1: I want to go home, all right, Can you tell us? I was in your close friends over the weekend, So it was Jamal, A lot of ass, A lot of ass. I've seen a lot of ass.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be too horny on this pod, but I did see a lot of good a lot of good ariola ratio.
Speaker 1: I didn't see that.
Speaker 2: Once someone had a see through shared on it, I was like, I would expect a bigger ariolas.
Speaker 1: Are you okay? No, So tell us about breakers and bottles, give us a play to play. The bottle was amazing.
Speaker 4: I'm very proud of them selling twenty five hundred dollars at a city that is not yours for a party you've only done once before.
Speaker 1: Very very proud of all of us and my gang. We had a ball.
Speaker 4: It was amazing, went off without a hite.
Speaker 1: It was fun's early. Are you comfortable with me implementing the baby d challenge to the world? Oh shut up?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 1: Why not? Are you comfortable with that? Is it perfectly fine with it? Can that be the artwork for this episode? Of you laying on the roof? Sure?
Speaker 4: Why not be fodder for this podcast once again?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 1: Have a ball? Did you end up on that roof?
Speaker 4: I went up there to talk on the phone and then I've got sleepy, so I lay there and.
Speaker 1: No one just no one woke me up. They just left me there.
Speaker 4: They took videos, obviously, but they left me there.
Speaker 1: So okay, okay, yeah, I figured you want to see the sunrise. I went to the roof to talk on the phone.
Speaker 4: Actually beautiful.
Speaker 1: I had a ball.
Speaker 4: Y'all should have came, y'all are losers.
Speaker 1: We don't, we don't be trapped. Yeah, I'm cool.
Speaker 4: Then they got podcasts studios here, a bunch of the niggas that don't shut up.
Speaker 1: Well, we wish you the best of mars.
Speaker 4: Oh, thank you. I'm really sad that I can't be at work.
Speaker 1: I really really tried hard to get the works. I hear you well, like I.
Speaker 4: Was going to ask you how to push for recording today, like for it to be later, but I didn't. I'm like, yeah, they're not from that ATMO the podcast, so definitely not.
Speaker 2: I figured we we wish you safe travels, enjoy the airport, and maybe we'll see you next week.
Speaker 4: If you hey, if anybody listen to anybody out there can hear me. If you don't have to fucking fly for a funeral, actually a funeral, they dead already. If you don't have to fly, so like the birth of a baby or something, do not fucking fly, bro. I was in this airport for two and a half hours in line, do not fly.
Speaker 1: She let people know I like the PSA.
Speaker 2: And before I let you go, I just want to let you know there is no J Cole Protectors in the room today.
Speaker 1: So do with that information, which what you will?
Speaker 2: That this could go off the rails because there's nobody here from Dreamville or what a cold stands called.
Speaker 1: Oh thank you, you're pretty true, thank you?
Speaker 4: Hello?
Speaker 1: All right, man, peace, I don't buy none of that.
Speaker 3: I don't buy that ps A from ts An't.
Speaker 1: I don't buy it. She's she's the hotel lobby hundred percent.
Speaker 3: Nobody tells you you're pretty at the airport on that's somebody that works at the hotel telling.
Speaker 2: You you're still. At the Strip Club Houston. They do brunch there on Monday mornings. Some people work out of there. They bring their laptops. It's like Starbucks. Hey, we told them that she wasn't coming.
Speaker 1: I can tell you do we start with of course we do. I'm joking, man, you think I'm turned down. I'm not nervous. What you're nervous for. I'm just nervous.
Speaker 2: Why these are just touchy subjects and trying times and we don't is a touchy subject. Yes okay, and we don't have demeris he or the real things back from someone that is such a J Cole protector, I feel like I'm a I'm a J Cole supporter.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't call myself a protector as well, but I'm a supporter, so am I.
Speaker 2: I want to start by saying, shout out to Nedeska. I know it's not the first time that she's interviewed Cole, but interviewing someone that is now a legend and at goat status at this point in their career is like journalism checklist, bucket list ship. You got to interview J Cole after his alleged last album double disc in his childhood home amazing to Deska, you're smoking this year love the Baby team interview as well. If Jeska's not fucking number three on the Complex list this year, I don't really know what we're doing.
Speaker 1: With that said, What did you think? Let me say that?
Speaker 3: Uh no, listen, listen because I respect I respect Cole. Because you know, people, for whatever reason they feel like I hate call I don't. I keep saying I don't hate Cole. I hate what he did, but I don't hate Cole. But I respect him for sitting down with Adeska and having a conversation and things like that.
Speaker 1: I do think that.
Speaker 3: That was a bit safe for him, though, to sit down with Adeska. I don't think she challenged him a lot on you know, things he was saying.
Speaker 1: I don't think she pushed back a lot. Uh.
Speaker 3: It was more so like just a cool calm, which is which is a space for that too. But I think coming off of everything that happened, and this being the first time Cole spoke, I think it would have been better for him to sit down with somebody that was going to challenge him a little bit more on his responses to things. A lot of the things that he was saying, you know, understood. I don't believe that he had that type of conversation with himself when he was talking from both perspectives of what he was thinking, what he was saying to himself, I don't believe none of that. I think a lot of that was things that he probably just made up on the spot, or just made up on the way there.
Speaker 1: I don't really, yeah, I don't. I don't believe that that's unfair to just assume that of somebody like I'm just saying, I don't believe was like a known fucking liar. I'm not saying Anne on it.
Speaker 3: I just think that he had to make something up to make it sound more enticing than what it was like. I think that it was like, Okay.
Speaker 1: Explain more what parts of what he said? With that back and forth, did you feel like we're performative?
Speaker 3: I just don't think that, you know, before the apology all of that, I don't think that he had this big talk back and forth.
Speaker 1: With the self.
Speaker 3: I just think that he had a conversation with Kendrick and that's, you know, somebody he deems as a friend, and then he just was like all right through the conversation. He probably told Kendrick that he was gonna apologize publicly for what he said in his record, and I think that's it. I don't think that he battled with himself back and forth with emotions and things like that.
Speaker 1: I don't think it was that deep. I truly don't think it was that deep for him. I mean, it was a conversation time between my delete later and Dreamville Fest.
Speaker 2: I can see him going back and forth in that small amount of time, especially after having conversation with Kendrick if that is indeed true. Yeah, I can see him pacing in his trailer before Dreamville Fest thinking about that entire thing.
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I mean, he said he only spoke to his wife about it, no one else. Yeah, I can see you battling, like is am I making the right fucking choice. I do believe he went back and forth a lot and probably had some The way we joke based off the Drake line coles losing sleep, it's not me.
Speaker 1: I believe that he was. I really do believe that he was going back and forth and felt fucked up about Do.
Speaker 3: You think that this interview helps his perception or hurts it? Neither and I neither. I also, yeah, I don't think it does good, good or bad. In this situation where I'm going to give you pushback is where you're saying Nadeska didn't give pushback.
Speaker 1: I may agree with you.
Speaker 2: If we now know that Cole isn't doing the Cameron interview, and while we're recording this, it has not come out yet, only clips have, but we know Tuesday night, ten pm there will be a Cameron and Jake Cole interview, and we've already seen clips where Cam was maybe asking some of the questions that we wanted to hear. As in regards to the Beef, I don't think going into Nadeska was safe. I just think from an artist's perspective, you just put out a double disc and I'd rather go sit with a journalist that's going to ask me questions about the music and the album first. I myself included halfway through it, I had that on my brain too, of like when are we going to get to all the shit we want to know about the battle? But to me, that's super unfair to have an artist want to go and do an interview right away that's going to be about some of the more messy stuff after you just put out fucking like thirty records, like including your your mixtape.
Speaker 1: But even today a lot I think I certainly think they did.
Speaker 2: As far as the journey of it, I think I think the Deska asked the right questions for what the music was and what the purpose of that interview was. Like, I wouldn't put her in the same category where you're just calling someone the genius their entire interview. I think she asked poignant questions that j Cole fans want to hear, and I think that's missing now within journalism media, not just hip hop, because dog go to political news.
Speaker 1: It's even worse.
Speaker 2: I think for the music fans, people wanted to hear Cole's process of that that project.
Speaker 1: I think we're owed that as music nerds. Now, if he didn't do.
Speaker 2: The Cam shit, I'd probably have some of the more sentiments of you that was safe. Don't act like we don't need answers as fans about that other shit.
Speaker 1: I think he's doing the balance.
Speaker 2: Let me talk about my album Win the Deska in a safe place and let me go do the bullshit with Cam, and I mean bullshit in a good way. That one's a real music journalist. One is an incredible media personality and a legendary rapper. I'll go talk about the battle stuff with him. Cam's funny, Cam's messy. That'll be the place where it's everyone can't say, oh, this is safe, because Cam's never going to be safe.
Speaker 3: Well, that's why I was speaking just to the Desk interview. That it was that was safe, that choice was safe. Now obviously we haven't heard the Cam interview yet, and you know it's safe to assume that Cam may ask more questions from a rapper's perspective and from a battle perspective, Cam being somebody that has battled and been in battles himself, so we may get a little more details and in depth there. But yeah, I mean, you know, I think that Cole, you know, obviously, to me, I do feel like, you know, things that he was saying in the desk interview, I do feel like it was a lot of things that he had to kind of just create because he had to make it more interesting.
Speaker 1: I don't think that there was much thought about anything.
Speaker 3: Like I said, I think he had a conversation with Kendrick and I think they had said whatever they said, and he came out of that saying, well, yeah, I'm gonna go on stage and apologize and there's not going to be no more shots from my side coming at you and things like.
Speaker 1: I think it was really that simple.
Speaker 3: I don't think it was this you know, pacing back and forth with emotions and this that.
Speaker 1: I don't think it was that deep.
Speaker 3: I think because again he responded with with Mike delete later on seven minute.
Speaker 2: Drill, which started to interrupt you. I just want to make sure Cole fans, can you please give mal his flowers? Because everything y'all killed him for. Cole admitted in that interview about having to change the entire project. He said, MI delete later was already slated for when it was going to come out. They just added seven minute drill. It was supposed to come out with dream Thought. And then eight weeks later we were putting out The fall Off and you came in here and said, I think he has to redo the whole album now, And that's exactly what Cole said.
Speaker 1: He said, it was slated to go eight weeks later. I had to redo it.
Speaker 3: But I don't know how people even thought that that wasn't like you, anybody, any artist that was in that moment, Kendrick Drake and Cole, anything that they had planned musically. Of course it has to change after that, Like everything changes after that moment. So you know, people killing me. It's like again, people react off you know, their emotions and their support of the artists that they love, which is cool.
Speaker 1: I support Cole.
Speaker 3: I just don't react mostly when it comes to certain things that I think are common sense, Like yes, he would have to make changes to his schedule, to his plans to his music coming off of that moment. I thought that that was obvious. But again, you know, if I say something to shut the fuck up, mall, you don't know what you told about cool, I'll shut the fuck up. But then when the artist himself says that that's what happened, don't give me no flowers. I don't want no flowers. But y'all just know that I'm correct in what I was saying. Yes, Cole had to adjust and he had to pivot. He had to call it Audible Music League. Yeah, because everything in that moment changed. Songs that he had with certain artists he of course knew now he no longer has those records. It wasn't even a double disc, no, no, so, but it was songs that he had, you know, with Kendrick, with with with Drake that obviously he wouldn't have, he wouldn't get cleared for the album. So now things you have to fill those moments, fill those gaps that are now there that you thought were filled. So, yes, you have to make changes, But I mean, I'm just you know, it's cool to see Cole, you know, sitting down and just talking and kicking it. And again I know, you know, a lot happened in twenty twenty four. You know, things were said, and you know, somehow the Internet turned it into this malls J Cole hater and this stuff. I don't hate J Carr. I don't know J Cole to hate him. I just hate the way he handled a rap battle, that's all.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I mean I think you should go back to the interview because, I mean, the Deska is an actual journalist. He's not like a Neanderthal with a mir phone like me. Like she did an actual proper interview that people used to do with artists when we were looking for music questions and where you're at in your life questions instead of the gospel shit. So again, I think she did an incredible job with it, the same way she did with a Keem interview. I'm excited to see the Cam interview. I mean there's one clip out where Cam asked the question we all wanted to know, like what's your relationship with him, which Neideska did ask, by the way, but Cole kind of, I say, tiptoed around it. He just didn't give a full answer the way he did with Cam in this clip where he said, you know, they spoke around that time but haven't since, and he would love to text them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and again him you know, Cam asking him with his relationship with Kendrick and Drake today, you know, andically this is we just told him from the clip.
Speaker 1: We haven't We were recording this on Monday.
Speaker 3: The episode with him and Cam doesn't come out until Tuesday. But I hope he really gives gets more in debt with that though, because I said it a couple a couple of weeks ago, a couple of months ago, whatever that I feel like he has to address why he hasn't spoken to Drake since all of that happened. And and and you know, people are like, oh ma, all you two invested, and you know they talk all y'all still talking about the battle. Well, the people that was in the battle are still talking about the battles. So you know, this is what people kill us for talking about this, but the people involved well and obviously well Cole, he's still talking about this is his first time speaking about it. Yes, we have to speak about it, but that is something that I feel like, like how you said about the music and us hearing about that process, I do feel like as fans of all of these guys and and and you know, consumers of hip hop, and then you know, consuming the moment of one of the biggest battles ever. I do feel like we need to know why Cole has not spoke to Drake. He said in this clip, he'd be wanting to text and all of that, So then why not do that? Like I don't even understand that. Like that's like when somebody know they did something fun up to you and then they know how you fill up a type of way and then they'd be like, damn, I want to hoigher at him, but okay, shouldn't.
Speaker 1: Holler at him. So just because I know.
Speaker 2: How the timeline works and people don't actually listen to words, They just react to their own thoughts and how they interpret things.
Speaker 1: It was kind of.
Speaker 2: It was vague when Cole says, we've spoken after everything, but it it's not been much communication.
Speaker 1: Is he talking about.
Speaker 3: Cole has not spoken to Drake since not like Us came since before not Like Thus came out.
Speaker 2: Okay, because he's saying in this clip, I wasn't sure if he was saying after the Dreamville Fest incident or after the battle. When he said he's spoken to both of them, but it hasn't been much.
Speaker 3: I don't you're asking me, I'm only answering from answer from what I know.
Speaker 1: I don't know a thing. I'm as I know how the internet works. I wanted to be extremely clear. Okay. Let me said.
Speaker 2: In his camera and clip, he is saying that they spoke. I don't know what after everything means. I don't know if it means dreamvill Fest. I don't know Eve he's like that. I don't know if it means after not like us. I don't know what that means.
Speaker 1: Okay, So let me tell you from what I know.
Speaker 3: Okay, Cole has not spoken to Drake since before Dreamfest. Okay, from what I know, from what you know, gotcha, right, That's all I'm saying. From what I know, he has not spoken to him now, whether he shot a text after that and the text went unresponded, got you.
Speaker 1: I don't know about that.
Speaker 3: I know he hasn't spoken to Drake since before he apologized.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which Drake was.
Speaker 3: Slated to go to Dreamfest and perform things like that fresh off a tour. First person Shooter was number one, this, that, and the third. Obviously we can't perform that record anymore.
Speaker 1: Gonna be a moment, yeah, but.
Speaker 3: We can't perform the record. You know what I'm saying, because it's like what's going on? Like you're saying Big three in the record, and this that and the third you're naming him in the record. So things obviously things change. But my thing is cool. You know that Drake feels a way right, you know, Kendrick Fields a way. You spoke to Kendrick, but why not? And I don't know if he spoke to Kendrick. I mean he has, He's been in studios with TDE affiliates and things like that since post beef, so I don't know if he's I don't know about that side. I'm speaking to his not speaking to Drake. And again, I just feel like, and we haven't seen this interview and maybe he gets more in depth.
Speaker 1: Aside from this clip that we saw.
Speaker 3: I just feel like we need to really know why haven't you spoken to because if I do something like that, Rory, I'm gonna make it my business to get in front of you and have a conversation because we have a real relationship. And if I do something like that and I handle something I know that you look slighted or you feel away, and I shoot you a text and you not responding. I'm gonna do whatever I need to do to make sure that me and you are in the same room and we have a conversation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which I mean maybe speaks to the rumor that Future flew to go meet with Drake so they could solve their differences with everything that was going going on. I hear you on that, but I mean even with Cole was saying in this and again we're just speculating because it's a interview way more constant, you.
Speaker 1: Get way more in depth. Yeah, we don't. I mean he is saying that, like I do feel him to some degree, like he made a decision for himself that he said in the desk interview.
Speaker 2: He feels even better about today. It brought more peace to his life. Unfortunately that may have slighted one of his his friends may feel a way. But he's saying like he doesn't know. I see that perspective of like I don't want to overstep, like you're not fucking with me. I don't want to be blowing your phone up of like nah, like it's this doing this is an overkill.
Speaker 1: I hear you. I do what you say.
Speaker 2: But I can definitely see the perspective of like, I don't really know where I stand with you anymore, and I don't want to like make it worse by trying to overly communicate with you at this regard.
Speaker 3: Like I mean, I get that. But again, even in that right and again we don't we don't. We didnt see the whole interview, So he may very well end up doing that getting into debt. But you know, even in that moment, say like you listen, man, you know I reached out. He hasn't responded, you know what I mean, Like I would love to have a conversation with him that he says, I be wanting to shoot off a tech.
Speaker 2: But he also said they've spoken after everything, whatever that means the direct quote, like we've spoken after everything.
Speaker 1: Okay, again, from what I know, I know, I'm just I'm just from what I know.
Speaker 3: You know, conversations that I've had with certain people that you know are existing in the world with us, Yes, they have not so certain people that I certain people that I've had conversations with that are existing in the world with us, that may know a thing or two about this music on this rocket. Yeah, I mean you know, no, there hasn't been no communication, there hasn't been no conversation.
Speaker 1: And you know, and I think I kind of understand.
Speaker 3: I think that that's one of those things where you know you did something fucked up and wrong to your friend. And and obviously, which is the obvious thing to me, Cole is non confrontational. So sometimes you have to be confrontational with your friends when you do something fucked up, you have to face that confrontation. You have to face that phone call of your friends saying, Yo, that's fucked up, bro, you did me dirty da da da da da whatever it is like. And and Cole is non conversation. We know that about Jay Cole. Now, he's a non conversational guy. And there's nothing wrong with that. I don't want that to come off like a slight to Ja Cole. I'm non confrontational. It's things that I avoid and things like that. So I understand that I wouldn't avoid no rap battle if I had Ja Cole's skill if I had his skill set.
Speaker 1: I'm not avoiding no rat battle. I want it with everybody.
Speaker 3: But I can understand that being his real demeanor of him just being a non confrontational guy. But when you do things to your friends that you know, hurt your friends or make your friends kind of feel slighted, you gotta face that confrontation.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 3: You gotta do what you gotta do to be like Yo, Bro, I fucked up. You know, let's talk, let's kick it out, you know, whatever, however you gotta go about, you know, mending that relationship with your friends, with your brothers or whatever. You gotta. You gotta do that. And you know, I get it. I get the non confronational part, but you got to put that shit aside a boy and face and face to face the fire. And that's what I feel like Cole has been avoiding. I feel like, you know, he know he fucked up, and it's just like, all, he ain't fucking with me, fucking Let me just continue to make music and let me continue to just live my life and maybe one day we'll you know, fix it and things like that.
Speaker 1: But then you look up in a year two years past and.
Speaker 3: It's like, damn, you went two years, but I'll speaking to your friend and it's like over something that you know was really just a moment like it's not even something that was like a lifelong thing, like it was just a moment. You handled it in a way that your friend probably feel like, damn, bro, you kind of just all but fix the situation.
Speaker 2: Today's show is brought to you by our presenting sponsor, hard Rock Bet, Florida's sportsbook and boy does mall have his daily dancing boots on for March madness. I know a lot of your brackets may be messed up already.
Speaker 1: I understand brackets. It's hosted.
Speaker 2: A layup from the red storm when someone only has two points may put you in a weird predicament, but you are not alone.
Speaker 1: Don't worry.
Speaker 2: You can still call the next big upset and turn your picks around and make them a payday. On hard Rock Bet, Maul, I've been doing fine. I don't know about the rest of y'all.
Speaker 1: I'm cooked. Bracket is shot.
Speaker 2: You can still go on hard rock and figure out some other bets for sure, And you know those hard stopping zero on the clock moments now they pay. Hard Rock Bet is giving out twenty five dollars bonus bets throughout the entire tournament. If a team you bet to win or cover hits a buzzer beater, somebody like my guys, queen's get the money. Somebody paid, somebody got a big payday. Absolutely, if you haven't joined hard Rock Bet yet, now is the time, especially during the tournament.
Speaker 1: So don't sit on the bench.
Speaker 3: Download the hard Rock Bet app today and let's get the party started.
Speaker 1: Pay on bonus bets, not a cash offer.
Speaker 3: Off A boy a seminal tribe of Florida and Florida offered by Seminal hard Rock Digital LLC. In all of the states, must be twenty one plus and physically present in Arizona, in Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia to play. Terms and conditions applied. Concerned about gambling in Florida, you call one eight three to three play wise. In Indiana, if you was someone you know has a gambler problem wants helped, call one eight hundred and nine with it. Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, and Virginia.
Speaker 2: I guess I'd like to hear Drake's perspective on why he specifically feels a way about that entire thing, because I can't find a reason why Kendrick and Cole wouldn't speak like he apologized for dissing him back, which whatever, but I couldn't see why Kendrick would have any issue with Cold and not just be friends again, Like all.
Speaker 1: Right, let's take this over. Let's take this over. Let's take this over.
Speaker 3: Colder Kendrick, me and you in a situation, right, somebody that we cool it says something, right, it's a little we're going back and forth. Right, You called me on phone for a couple of hours kicking it, okay, and I say, oh, yeah, I just spoked them last night.
Speaker 1: I was on the four one for three hours.
Speaker 3: Okay, I just throw that in the conversation now, Rory, I just spoked them last night. We was on the phone for a couple of hours. You're like, what the fuck? Like, when was you gonna tell me that? And then I say, yo, yo, Rory, let me hit you right back.
Speaker 1: I gotta I'm about to put I'm about to.
Speaker 3: Put my son to bed. I'm gonna quit you right back. And then we never speak again.
Speaker 1: Okay. I hate to bring them back into it.
Speaker 2: But is it at the time of is the matter of people talking shit like the like that verse where it's not that serious, like this is just a rap? Like was it just banter? Because then I feel like before, and I feel like I can speak.
Speaker 1: To both people. This is before not like us. You know what I'm saying. I said, is it the like that verse time? Yeah, like that was the because it was.
Speaker 2: Already about and I'm just trying to say like that to me, I wouldn't feel a way if you were talking to somebody when it was just like a verse of.
Speaker 1: Fucking before three is just the four dreamfest.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't feel a way if somebody had said something about us and you were still talking to them, but it was at the level of just that. I wouldn't care that much now if it got way more serious. Yeah, no, No, you missed what I'm saying. Yo, I spoke to him. I spoke to him last night. Yeah, what y'all talked about?
Speaker 3: You don't really say much and then you get off the phone saying, y'all got to put a mall in the tub, let me call you back, and then you never called me back. Okay, I don't have a right to look at you like, what the fuck? You understand what I'm saying, like to me, yo, yo yo, mar let me know themorrow in the tune, let me put it down. I'm gonna call you soon as I put her asleep. Yeah, and then I never hear from you again.
Speaker 2: And then I get on a podcast apologizing to the other person, and then and then you go onto your pod.
Speaker 3: I can't say, yo, I apologize, And I don't have a right to feel like what the fuck?
Speaker 1: Like I thought that was my brother.
Speaker 2: I would only feel a way if you want to go make a choice for you at your big age.
Speaker 1: Cool, but we would also need to speak. That's all I'm saying. That's what according to call, That's that he tried. So who knows what you're trying. I don't know, you know what I'm not there.
Speaker 3: You know you've because you've been in a situation where somebody when you when you see somebody like you. I was just trying to call you. What this I was just trying to call you mean, how do you try to call somebody? Either you press call or there is no I tried to call you, y'all. Was just trying to call you. What do you mean you was just trying to call me like that's what people do again, And I understand and that it makes more sense because he's non confrontational and I understand that, and I'm not mad at that. But you gotta face that fire, bro, or are you just gonna not ever be cool with him again?
Speaker 1: Which is crazy to me?
Speaker 3: Which is crazy because it's like, Bro, just just say you was wrong in the way you handled it. Y'all apologized I was wrong. I shouldn't I shouldn't handled like that. I handled that completely wrong. There's nothing wrong with that. But when you move and act like you know, like yo, listen, man, you know that had nothing to do with me. I kind of just moved out the way and you know, and I still love those That's not enough to me, Bro, That's not it's not it's not the history. It doesn't it doesn't speak to the history that you have with both of them. But really with Drake, and then, like I said, coming off of the success of everything that y'all was just doing, having your first number one and going on the road and having all of these moments that we were talking about on stage, you know, like it was like Dan that was dope to see both of them, and then all of a sudden two months later, y'all never speak again after that. I think that's a little crazy man to me. I just think that. And again, you know, I know people feel like, yo, Drake is your boy, so you riding for cool. I understand that, but just use yourself, put yourself in that position with one of your friends, one of your homies, and think how would you feel about that.
Speaker 1: I think anybody has directly be like that was fucked up. As we say in capav Soferny, corporate brotherhood is a two a street. Drake's allowed to feel away.
Speaker 2: But also you can't be mad at somebody if they tried to reach out or text you and you didn't reply, you have every right to do that, but you can't be mad that maybe they didn't take triple extra effort to keep texting you, because if they didn't reply. Sometimes I get sometimes I get the message like if it's not off one text, I'm not going to beat this into the ground because maybe I did a fuck up. And if you're not replying, I'll give you the time you can reply when when you feel comfortable because I'm not about to force the conversation if you don't want to fuck. So it's a two a street in that regard. But in closing, I think the overall theme here is that, like when you think about it, rap battles are really gay.
Speaker 1: This is gay. No no, but no, no, it's it's not gay. It's not good.
Speaker 3: Rap battles aren't gay because rap is a competitive thing. It's a competitive art form, So it's not gay. It's that people turn it to make it too emotional. Yeah, And I think that's what Cole did. He put he put way too much thought in them.
Speaker 1: It was just a rat battle, bro.
Speaker 3: And I said when I said, I wasn't just no, no, that's something totally different. I'm saying that it was just it was just a rap. He turned it into the emotional that I can't sleep and this, that and the third, and.
Speaker 1: That's when I was like, Yoka, what is this.
Speaker 3: That's when it starts to feel a little like yo, come on, bro. We putting way too much emotion into what could have just been an entertaining battle between some of the best rappers that we ever had.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's all. And I promise we'll start to get off this. There's one note from the Nedeska interview that I do want to kind of go back to the new generation has tried to change the rules on a lot of shit. My favorite styles Pea quote is coming off the shop conversation with Drake and Brawn about the forty situation, and Styles was like, Drake is a great MC, but you can't come here and change the rules at this point, Like if you want to get in the mudd, you got to stay in the mud. You can't come in here and say what's okay and what's not okay. These rules have existed well before all of us. You don't get to do that. I kind of felt that way with Cole talking about people debating rap to some degree. He was saying, like, yo, sports does it as well, Like to big up Lebron, I have to shit on Jordan or vice versa. I have to steal the joy of watching one of the best basketball players if I start having Lebron and Jordan shit where I feel you on a logical level, but that's this sport is an art is to be debated, Like that's never gonna You can't come here now, you can feel the way you're a artist, You're a human, right, Erica Badu.
Speaker 1: Are some sensitive about my shit?
Speaker 2: I get it, but I don't view Maybe I view that way with the stands on the internet as far as debates go, but healthy rap debates have existed since its inception, and it's not tearing someone else down. If you want to say, reasonable doubt is better than ellmatic or vice versa, not tearing that shit. I love illmatic love like. I thought that was odd when he was saying that. And I've heard other artists say this in interviews and it bothers me because y'all do the same thing. Y'all shit on podcasters, media people, every one that is having debates about your music. I've been in the studio with a lot of y'all. I bet around everyone to dream through love those guys. We have healthy rap debates where we do the same thing Cole is saying it.
Speaker 1: It's part of it. It's part of the culture. People.
Speaker 2: I've seen artists in interviews say how much they hate this critiquing world, and the time that I'm like, bro, I've better studio with you. You've said way worse shit than I ever said on the MICUs. But if you think Cole has not.
Speaker 1: Had worse conversations than we've had on this fucking come on. But dude, debate the same way we do. Listen, man, but that's what you love this shit.
Speaker 3: That's always been a part of this culture, though, is debating you hear something, how you fucked about you? You like that year I said something like, nah, he ain't fucking with it. That's always been a thing. It was Michael Jackson Prince growing up.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. It was like that.
Speaker 3: That was that was That's always been a part of consuming art and being, you know, in this coat of hip hop and just music. It was always like who you feel is better?
Speaker 1: Who you who?
Speaker 3: Who do you like more? Whose album was better? Who who had the better song, Who's a better performer? You know, like who's more stylish, who's fly, who's cooler? That's always been a part of it. Like so we can't now that you know, you're in this moment and it's your turn to be you know, you're the main character now to be debated and say like, oh, I hate when people do that, Like why do we have to We're not tearing them if it's a battle. It's a battle. People are gonna pick their favorites. People are gonna pick who they feel like, you know, they want to win, they want a champion and root for and that's it. But once that moment is over, we all move on, We move forward, the culture keeps moving forward, and then in a couple of years, we'll have another moment with whoever they deem are the best. They're going to collide and have to show their skill set. Like it goes, it keeps. This is not the first or last battle of hip hop. Now, it was a very unique moment. It was because of the caliber the artists that we're talking about. So it was a very unique moment and probably one of the biggest moments, if not the biggest moment when it comes to battle in hip hop that we've had. But this isn't the first battle of.
Speaker 2: He was saying, just in general, two of like not even battle relate, Like just if we're arguing albums or arguing music. And I mean, I like to Mike Princeton, like if I say, well, all right, Mike didn't engineer all those albums Prince engineered Perple Rain. I'm not I'm not taking away from Michael Jackson's Oh.
Speaker 3: You just name it facts and points to support your argument and the debate.
Speaker 1: It doesn't make Thriller any different, Like, it doesn't. It doesn't take away from anybody.
Speaker 3: It's like, nah, but you know, Prince taught his stuff how to play every instrument. You know what I'm saying. It's like, Okay, that's a fact. Throw that in the hat. Let's talk about that. Yeah, but Prince don't dance like Mike, you know what I'm saying. So it's it's all and furthermore, where we hip hop itself was built upon that energy of battling. I'm gonna bring my DJ to your park and I'm gonna have my MC da da da. He's from my block. We're gonna see who got the better. That's always been a part of it. Like, so that's why I really didn't understand, you know, J Cole not wanting to be in that moment because he's such a hip hop head. I would think that he would understan, Yes, this is something that's gonna happen in this culture.
Speaker 1: The titans have to clash. They say, he's the best. I'm gonna go see. But I think in the Desk interview. He had some he was humble in.
Speaker 2: Understanding why people had the quote unquote outrage that they did have.
Speaker 1: He was understanding in that room, he has to understand that from the culture.
Speaker 2: But even in that there's a flip side to that coin, because I kind of see what he's saying if he's talking specifically about how toxic the internet music timeline has become post this battle, because I agree, yes with the guys that were never even music fans until this battle. They're just Drake fans or they're just Kendrick fans. Yes, they're tearing down somebody's credibility, livelihood, character to try to win a debate. I feel him if that's who he's talking about. But to say that we can't debate hip hop because we're tearing someone out and the thief of joy and everything they brought up, that's where I disagree. I do agree if he's talking about the Internet now, because y'all are weirdos, and I think the J Cole out of the Big three, the J Cole stands are probably the least toxic. But if you go through the stands of the Big three, yeah, all they do is tear down the other person in regards to a debate, like we're not even talking about music at this point. Now, now you're trying to figure out, like whose family structure is set up this way, and now we're getting to a very disrupted place if that's what you're focused on. So I hear him there, But that's that's a small majority, dog, as much as I hate that part of Twitter, Yeah, it's like the point zero one percent of music fans, right, that's just your algorithm for the day, Dog, Like the rest of us are here having healthy debates, not tearing death. I argue jay z nas all the time. I don't tear down either of them when I bring up points that I just thought it was.
Speaker 3: Not thought of it, man. Yeah, but I am. I do want to see his conversation with Cam. I'm looking forward to that. You know, hopefully he goes more into depth about because obviously you know Cam being I hope he goes more into depth about the wrap, the wrapping perspective of the whole thing, Like that's what I want to hear Cole Speeds, So I want to hear more about that. So looking forward to hing his conversation talk with Flee.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: I'm excited for that and sorry before we get off, j Cole salutes to Mike Will made it. Reset is out now. Two listens. I think it's incredible. Obviously Cole is on that project, and I am here to give Big Sean his flowers. Okay, Cole stands. Everyone calm the fuck down. I think Cole got off then Cole went crazy. I really like the record. It's one of those that you could ride in the car. I'll probably put that on the first thing when I get.
Speaker 1: In the car to leave here. Love the record.
Speaker 2: I out of the Big three, all three of them have borrowed Big Sean flows a couple times in their fucking careers, even if it was to diss them when Kendrick did it. Drake has admitted he has before, which I thought was honorable to be like, yeah, I took that flow, but to say specifically with hits too, even though I know this record on Mike Will's.
Speaker 1: Album, Cole was just spitting he wouldn't try to make a record.
Speaker 2: But anytime rappers Kanye included, try to make a hit in this era, they borrow a Big Sean flow like Shawn's flows. If you go through his entire career are coded in so many hit records. I can find it in fucking problems. I can find it in so many records. And I don't think there's anything wrong with Cole using the flow that he used on this Mike Will record.
Speaker 1: But that is a Big Sean flow, like I was. Actually, it was so obvious.
Speaker 2: I was waiting for Cole because the guy that he is to shout out Big Sean while he was rapping that way. Sean has created the blueprint for a lot of the pockets that have created the rap that we love today. Like Sewan does not get enough credit for his is cadence. How he finds even the ship we fucking clown. Yeah, like even the the rap like Big Sean Twitter trend that it was all funny, but don't act like that hasn't gotten us here. Nicky has flows that are coded in Big Sean. Like everyone that we love has borrowed from Big Sean, and I don't think it. I don't think there's anything wrong with that whatsoever. Everyone borrows from everybody. Shawn's borrowed from people as well. But the fact that that has not been more on the forefront and so obvious to people was kind of beyond me, like Sean is one of them.
Speaker 3: I mean, but that's that's something that's always happened though. People have always borrowed flows and styles from uh you know. That's to me, that's the ultimate compliment for an artist. Like when you have like an artist to come along and borrow my flow and my style on something, it's let you know, like, Okay, I made, I bought a sound. I bought an energy of cadence to rap that another artist thought was cool and dope, and they kind of bought.
Speaker 1: Jay borrowed.
Speaker 3: I don't know if he borrowed pop pop who young Christ, No, he borrowed, he borrowed Park's flowing.
Speaker 1: Ain't no nigga.
Speaker 3: Oh for sure, that's Pot that's his flow, that's his Kadie's for the deafamitue skin though no bad got you on t of Maasachi knew got it, that's Pot Like a lot of people don't never notice that, but you know, and even in that moment that was special because Pot this Jay, and then Jay said, I don't hate on those hate on me. I got pot on like he was very clean that like I ain't got no you know, what I'm saying, like, no issue.
Speaker 1: With that borrowed his flow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's something I think every you know, dope MC should kind of look for, Like if I'm dope enough to peoplehere, people want to borrow my flow and kind of like I inspired him to to to kind of write and rap a certain way.
Speaker 1: I think that that's dope. I don't think it's no knock to now.
Speaker 3: It is fucked up when you don't give that artist credit and it'd be like, yo, nah, I got.
Speaker 1: That flow from.
Speaker 2: But sometimes I don't even think it's it's it's the artist's responsibility, because I think borring flows is fine. Like I don't think it's no I mean, like I think this cold record with Michael is amazing.
Speaker 1: And I don't think I don't think he should have tweeted out like moral music.
Speaker 2: I just want to give Sean his flowers like in that regard, because so many people have done that with records and and maybe if you're not, if you're a casual fan, it may not be something that's so obvious to you, which is totally fucking fine. I'm a loser nerd that obsesses over this stuff. But I think Sean should get those flowers, and not to say that mine would mean anything, but in the nerd community, I think we owe Sean like at least some props of the amount of flows that he has given to the world that have created hit records, great b side records, Like Sean is him when it comes to that. You can laugh at some of his his rhymes, but duh, everyone inspired it, Like Ludacris is up there too. I think some people would even say some of Sean's shit with the Papaup balloons, like some of that maybe came from Luda as well. Luda and Sean both have given us flows that I don't think people realize it came from.
Speaker 1: I say it all the time.
Speaker 3: I mean you listen to Meek, I mean how you you You should definitely turn after you finished listening to Meet you should go listen to ace Hood.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think that that's one of the clear ones that we never really spoke about. It really gave credit to like ace Hood, like the way he inspired like he.
Speaker 2: It's more production or flow because like in NIE's defense, he was given like even when he had the dirty braids before ace Hood really hit with Khaled, like he was rapping in his version of Philly Flow.
Speaker 1: No I'm not saying he wasn't.
Speaker 3: But if you listen to Ace Hood and you listen to me, and you tell me you can't hear.
Speaker 1: Bugatti very much could be a Meek Mill hit and knowing what even this ye okay, you know what I'm saying, I'm with you. Yeah, so I mean, and now whether that was the first want to be able to wrap that way, to make a hit that way the way? Yeah.
Speaker 3: But but the crazy thing is, I think that sometimes artists don't even notice it because if you hear Hustle Hard and Bugatti and all of that as a as you know, as that to me, that cadence and that sticks in your mind when you're creating.
Speaker 1: You don't even know that your brain is borrowing from that.
Speaker 3: Because you like that cadence in that flow so much that now you've adopted it when you write, and you'd be like, oh shit, I didn't even realize. But then when we get the record and you hit a record, you like, that's like you said, but god, it could have been a meek song, Hustle Hard and all that. So it's you know, whether it's intentional or not. I'm just saying, when you have things that we listen to and that we hear, sometimes it's so embttered in our brain and a part of our DNA that we don't even realize that we're pulling from that and borrowing from that because we've heard it so much. Like you, Sometimes you hear a song when you're out moving around, You'll start humming that song the rest of the day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you don't even realize.
Speaker 3: Like, oh shit, like I heard that song six hours ago, Why am I singing this song all of a sudden?
Speaker 2: I mean shit, even to get sorry Peach, to get super nerdy, I can always tell when Peace likes the conversation, it doesn't.
Speaker 1: Even more nerdy.
Speaker 2: Even if Meek never even felt like he was inspired by ace Hood, it trained the consumer's ear for records like that to be hits like it made it it palatable. Meat could come with a record that wouldn't be a traditional hit and can wrap that way, and the audience is already accustomed to somebody doing it that way. So yeah, I definitely hear you on that, that's for sure. I mean, you already know how I feel. It's sampling, bro, that's that's what hip hop was did. Rap is built on sampling.
Speaker 1: It's all. It's all. Let's all call it sampling. That's all we're doing with sampling. Fair enough. Yeah, which is a perfect fucking segue.
Speaker 2: Are you connected with Meek on LinkedIn yet?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I'm my request is still pending. We're still I'm still in the cue.
Speaker 1: Meeg is on LinkedIn? Like that's really him? He announced it over the weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't pay attention to the greatest tweeter of all time.
Speaker 1: I had push notifications I had, I didn't Meek was was was announced that he's on LinkedIn? Had no. Yeah, man, they've been killing him. This is this is his bio right here? Would you like to read it that loud? Uh?
Speaker 3: Okay, Meek Robert Williams Robert Williams mill he him or is his his pronounce?
Speaker 1: Progressive? Uh?
Speaker 3: Looking to build out and make business connections that's aligned with Meek mill dream Chases and bike Life brand also connect more about criminal justice reform. I'm also nice at creating tech ideas Meek Millie.
Speaker 1: I don't know if this is real.
Speaker 2: By the way, I think Ryan pulled up some bullshit, but that's really his bio on LinkedIn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can confirm that. That's it's verified. That is.
Speaker 2: Typing on Lincoln the way you type on like the spaces between and and bike Life.
Speaker 1: Meek is fucking with us. This is this is him just fucking with us.
Speaker 2: I've gotten to that point where we've argued on the spot. I think Meek is fucking with all but Jamarics included like he mean that ship.
Speaker 3: Nah, I think Meek is fucking with us. He don't mean this. This is just this is his latest.
Speaker 2: Fun We're supposed to get a was it one hundred albums from him last year and we didn't get one.
Speaker 3: You know, things kind of slowed up, the pressing plants and all that things. He's trying to get vinyls.
Speaker 2: Hey man, I'm not here to kill Meek the way y'all work the entire weekend.
Speaker 1: Let me go on LinkedIn and then make some connections. Oh people was killing them for that? What do you do? Like? He said it's Meek Millia on his LinkedIn profile. What it is? It's Meek Milli. You can't you didn't understand who it was. That's who he is.
Speaker 2: Okay, but meet does a lot of stuff with criminal reform and all that, like it could be a good place to network. And he was saying, like, yo, we all caught up on TikTok and and ig like LinkedIn's a positive place and yeah, you don't know who could just stumble upon Meek's profile and see see some potential y'all ha haters?
Speaker 3: Man, Yeah, man, let me get Let me get to that bag man, let me make his connections. Man. Starting my LinkedIn journey as an artist, I have dedicated much of my time to honing my creators whom meat cam't wrote this.
Speaker 1: Because it doesn't match his bio.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they not honing honing my creative skills. Now I am ready to transition into the business world. Now you're ready to transition to business world? Okay, and showcase my true potential. For too long, others have spoken on my behalf. But now I'm taking the rains. Meek, somebody is still speaking on your behalf. Now I'm taking the rains and speaking for myself, supported by a strong team.
Speaker 1: This is somebody on your team. Okay.
Speaker 3: Recently I showcased Dreams of Night mimas of Philadelphia. I'll be posting more content and business ideas to demonstrate the strength of the brand and my thought process. All right, listen, man me trying to get his business in order.
Speaker 2: I'm not mad at on the independent management side of me. Yeah, left Rock, who's probably speaking for him now listen, may you gotta back to the basics.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like it, start start a LinkedIn profile, but.
Speaker 2: I just like I wish Meek would just go on live and just start reading like his LinkedIn messages.
Speaker 1: I just got to see who reaching out.
Speaker 3: Who's trying to connect with him? Yeah, that might that might be something he needs to stream. He need to stream doing that.
Speaker 1: Are you on LinkedIn? No?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: I mean you should start your journey with with Meek? Yeah, meet them all, go to bio again.
Speaker 2: So it's it's bike life, Yeah, dream Chasers, Meek Millie yeah, and meeting more Meek and more Lawyer.
Speaker 1: I could get that LLC moving tonight if you want to me.
Speaker 3: And that's I'm gonna have to hit Meek up and like you might really get our LinkedIn ship going for sure.
Speaker 2: I got a hundred on it, Yeah, one hundred dollars. Do you watch Shark Tank?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Okay, what would that value the company have? Then? If I if I invest a five percent for one hundred dollars for me and more.
Speaker 2: Oh man, what what do you think, like what would be the first vision for Meek and mall? Like, will be the first thing y'all would tackle.
Speaker 1: Something with criminal justice form something something along. Got that already, yeah, but nah, we gotta we gotta really build that out more.
Speaker 2: Though, y'all should be like the Firestone of tires, but just specifically.
Speaker 1: For dirt bikes and then get sued or helmets. Make helmets yo, Right, that's the thing man, Yeah, because that's fucked up. It's not cool to wear a helmet. Yeah, we gotta make we gotta make make helmets great again. That's what we gotta.
Speaker 3: Me and me can make helmets great again because you see a lot of these dudes on the dirt bikes.
Speaker 1: They don't really be winning helmets. It's like, nah, put a helmet or make make helmets cool again. Yo.
Speaker 2: I mean when I when I got my custom bike, when I went to like pick it up after I did the whole process, He's like, you don't want to buy a helmet. I thought he was just being a salesman. He was like, you just spend this amount of money on your bike. You don't want to spend any money on your brain.
Speaker 1: Huh right. I was like, that's not even a salesman, that's just a fucking it's.
Speaker 2: Just a logical human. But we need to spend all this money. What about your head?
Speaker 1: Gotta protect your head? Man.
Speaker 2: Okay, make it more helmets, make it more helmets. Should we go back to like pro tech? Who has a protech plug?
Speaker 1: See, y'all, y'all too young, we'll find one.
Speaker 2: You don't even know Protech. I don't even you don't even know Tony Hark pro skater too.
Speaker 3: You're crazy. Yeah, Me and me and me can make make helmets cool again. Make helmets cool again, Me and me for sure. We get the m logos on the side from Meek and Mall like the Eminem's kind of Jack Eminem's, y'all laugh, And I see the y'all see the bag.
Speaker 2: Y'all remember like Mickey Mano Roger Merris did the eminem ship, Like y'all.
Speaker 1: Could be see what I'm saying. The asterisk could be the logo exactly. Assisty one just take something from them, borrow from Roger and Mickey. And that was Meek and mall. Y'all, y'all don't see the vision. I need people around me that has visionaries. Man, y'all don't have vision. That's the problem now, all.
Speaker 2: Right, But would that be too much of a conflict with with Bike Life brand because I don't want you to do a bad, bad business.
Speaker 1: Deal and you're getting baked.
Speaker 3: That's something different. Okay, that's his own thing. Gotch you We just we on helmets. We ain't got nothing to do with with bikes.
Speaker 1: I have a connection to to damon.
Speaker 2: If I had a chance to get you and Meek on Shark Tank to pitch, how much time you guys would need.
Speaker 1: No, we can get that deal done quick. Mark Cuban already talked about the music business. Even though I know he left Shark Tank. We get him back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Cuban is a music head. He's a hip hop head. He respects the culture. Cuban's not there no more.
Speaker 1: No, he left.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was like the only compassionate one on that show. He would all like he congratulate like people be like, yeah, he's just made a million dollars off this this idea I had in my room, Yo, congrats.
Speaker 1: Everyone else be like that. That's awful. It's like he made a million dollars from his room. Yeah, yeah, is with us. He's a man of the people. He's a man of people. You know.
Speaker 2: It would be funny though, Like you remember the redacted helmets from the nineties.
Speaker 1: I'm using the word redacted.
Speaker 2: I hope you know the word I'm using, Like the helmets they would put on certain people like that we could bring back and like you can have that on the bike because I think it would be like an olde Yeah, like you'd be shown awareness and.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's gonna help you on a bike. That's just helping you in life. That just helps you when you're trying to go get something out a snack out the fridge, Like that's not no the bike. You need something a little more, put a little more mass to it.
Speaker 2: If me shut up with one of those, that would be the funniest day on Twitter.
Speaker 1: Make it cool. Let's make it cool. Yeah, I mean they call him that on Twitter all the time. Cool meek No, No, talk about the redactor.
Speaker 3: No, No, that's not Who's not who I was talking about.
Speaker 1: No, shout out to me. I'm glad you're on LinkedIn, man. Yeah, me going on LinkedIn streets. Man, they laughing at you. I'm fucking with it, Meek, I like it. Maul.
Speaker 2: I heard you talking in the lounge earlier that you feel like you have to overpay for great wireless.
Speaker 1: It's like a big thing that you preach all the time. But I'll can preached that all the time.
Speaker 2: But Maul, you can get off your soapbox because boost Mobile is proving that you don't have to overpay for great wireless. Unlock the savings with twenty five dollars a month forever unlimited plan. It's a permanent price with no contracts, no price hikes, no no fine print. When you find out you got to pay all this extra money.
Speaker 3: Stop overpaying and switch to a fair price at boostmobile dot com today based on average annual single line payment of AT and T Verizon and T Mobile customers compared to twelve months on the Boots Mobile Nlimited plan as of January twenty twenty six. Full off of details, visit boostmobile dot com.
Speaker 1: I'm here to be a solid partner with Mega Mall. If you're down to have me, yeah, let's make it high. Pause.
Speaker 2: But yeah, anyways, how you felt about Mandamie's top five rappers of all time.
Speaker 3: Listen, man, you trying to get me to say something about MoMA Donna and that's not going to say it. What's Who's Mam Donnie's top five rappers?
Speaker 1: Common jay Z, Biggie Nahs, Loope, common Ja, Biggie Noahs, and Loope.
Speaker 3: I'm not mad at it, all right, I mean, listen, I told you I'm not when it comes to people's preference and in their opinions on music, I'm really not.
Speaker 1: I'm not pushing it.
Speaker 3: If that's Mom Donnie's top five cool now show me Mom Donnie's top five solutions to cleaning up New York City.
Speaker 1: Great, this is great.
Speaker 3: These are all MC's that I listened to that I like as well, Mam Donnie. Cool Now show me his top five solutions to fixing the city.
Speaker 1: No, it's cooler when you talk about rap exactly. He's relatable.
Speaker 3: You want to talk about all this shit that ain't got nothing to do with the budget, nothing to do with that, nothing to.
Speaker 1: Do with the whole line. Right now, the potholes being fixed in June, they're being fixed. There's already. See. You don't even pay attention to geopolitics, aka just New York City. It's crazy New York City June. They're being fixed.
Speaker 2: Do you think it's fucked up that he didn't have anyone from all of them? Like how you from Harlem and don't have that?
Speaker 1: Nah? Top five? Nah, I'm not mad at that. Do you all think he should go on top talk with Flee right after Cole?
Speaker 3: He probably has tried to go and talk with Flee. Donnie's probably reached out and that probably will happen. That probably will happen. It will definitely happen.
Speaker 1: Definitely, I can see that happening. But it's time for re election. We're gonna go sit with here. You're gonna be here, Donnie's gonna be right here with.
Speaker 2: Do you think he talks to uh, Gillian Wallow? That'd be a great convo. I mean they're they're Philly, yeah, speaking more than New York. But I think the Gilly Gillian Wallow episode with Mondamie would be fucking hilarious. Do you think so they just got Tyree to admit that he acted redacted at the Social Security Office.
Speaker 3: Well, Roy, we all have that's not news to me that the fact that Tyree said his mom made him act like something was wrong with him or act uh, you know, special soci Security Office.
Speaker 2: I think everyone's parents has told them to add special needs at some point in their life.
Speaker 1: But that was a part of growing up.
Speaker 3: Man, if your mom had to go to the office and get public assistance and all of that, Like, yeah, you had to go in there. You can't look too clean, you got to look like you're struggling a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was part of it. Man.
Speaker 2: My favorite part of that's weird. Tyrys and Meek do you have a lot in common? My favorite part of this clip. For those that didn't see it, Tyree said that his mom used to make him act retarded at the Social Security Office to receive seven hundred eight dollars a month and in watts in the eighties.
Speaker 3: That's balling, yo, balling. You got act retardingt balling. But when it was so Valtaile was acting retarded? Like what is acting retarded? I don't like, don't get me.
Speaker 1: I'm not trying it. I'm just saying like, like what if he did something and his mom.
Speaker 3: Was like, no, that's not it, Like, how do you pivot? Like what is acting retarded? What does that look like you just drooling on yourself. I'm not answering this question. I'm just trying to figure out what is just acting up Like you're acting like bad in the Social Skirit office, like you're just knocking it over your mom say so, now you don't listen?
Speaker 1: Is that acting retarded?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: Christ Stefano, who we've had on the show, has a very funny bit about his dad trying to get him to the first section in Yankee Stadium, which I mean, I think all our dads, anyone that went to Yankee Stadium, you buy, bleach your tickets, and then you try to sneak down.
Speaker 1: You're not a good father if you didn't.
Speaker 2: Do that with your kid and try to teach them how to game pass that shit. So his father had told the security guard right there that hey, my son has special needs, and then they got down to the seats and his dad said the drew was a nice touch. And then Chris the SEVENO started to think, wait, am I retarded.
Speaker 3: The Drew? He didn't even know he was droolid. Yeah, that's how you got to do it, man.
Speaker 1: So I mean tell it.
Speaker 2: My favorite part of this clip though, was Gilly said, you've been acting your whole life, and I'm misinterpreted what Gilly said. I thought Gilly was saying, you've been acting retarding your whole life.
Speaker 1: That was my first intention of what that stuff. That's not what he was saying. I get it, though.
Speaker 3: I listen, man, Tyres grew up like most of us, grew up inner cities, like you got to go to that off some time.
Speaker 1: Your mom's like, listen, we need this check and do what we gotta do. Tyres is from Watts to say what ship? I understand. I get it.
Speaker 2: And on top of that, if you're in the Coca Cola commercials and you're trying to keep that off the books.
Speaker 1: Well that was you gotta go. You gotta go full retard scurity office. That was later on, and not just see this kid doing the Coca Cola commercials. That was later on. Ty was in high school at that point. But no, that that ship was super funny. You mentioned to me off Mike that there's the ty Resent tank versus.
Speaker 3: Ty Reson tank versus this Thursday, right twenty six.
Speaker 1: This is gonna be dope.
Speaker 3: I think this is this is gonna be one of those verses where because I kind of wasn't too you know, I wasn't anticipating a lot of the previous verses that we've had recently, but this one because I think a lot of people, you know, they're not really too famili with tanks catalog and if it's songs that Tank also wrote or produce that he's.
Speaker 1: Playing, yeah, I don't know if that's fair though, why not we've here, we've seen we've seen other people do that on versus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it was usually like writer verse writer producer versus producer. If Tanks start doing all this ship he wrote, then this is a very unfair battle like hits tu tho. No, it's just artest first artist. I'm more of a Tank fan than I am a Tyreee fan. But if you get like, what do you signs of love making? What do you what do you come back with?
Speaker 1: Don't go? True? But I still think sounds of love making like get you there? Nah?
Speaker 3: The audience a versus audience Nah, don't go is don't go as I don't care who's watching that, don't Go is probably gonna win that round. Tank plays sounds of love making and you played don't go. Don't say Tyree sounds of love making. Yeah, that's what I'm saying. And then Tank plays don't Go.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think that's a win for Don't Go. Yeah, that's a win for Tank. This is gonna be interesting, though it's not as much as I funk with Tyree. Uh.
Speaker 2: Tanks Catalog is just it's too deep, it's too active, Like it's still gonna be interesting. Like if I'm Tyree, and I want to make this clear, I'm not disrespecting Tyree. I think he's probably an underrated singer and artist with what he's given us. By round fifteen, I'm gonna start playing fast and furious clips though, Like I don't think people realize tanks tanks catalog.
Speaker 1: That's but that's why I like this, Like once you're getting the.
Speaker 2: Hooks and not to say tyss don't have crazy hook tanks to I don't know, man tanks just different than me. No tank tank like a lot of people, you know, it's gonna perform a.
Speaker 3: Lot of people don't know. Tank got he got a lot of hits. But Tyree's got hits too.
Speaker 1: Though, who brings out genuine to do TGT? How do they how do they bake that in? Mm hmm? I don't know if I don't know if genu Wine comes out.
Speaker 2: Though, if they recreate what they did on Good Morning America, I would love to see that. Like if we get if we give Genuine, like I don't know, three Molly's and a little bit of coke, we get up a great time t G t or LSG, TGT okay, and it's kind of it's kind of not close. It's kind of not close. Yeah, you got a crazy hit there, but not go through the TGT catalog.
Speaker 1: Go through those. They got some joints.
Speaker 2: Am I the only one that remembers Uh Genuine being coked up out of his mind during that performance.
Speaker 1: He wasn't coked up. He said he had mental I here for mental health.
Speaker 3: No, no, he had taken I think they said we took a five hour energy drink or something like that, and I think he didn't eat or something, and then the lights being baking on him on the show.
Speaker 1: CAEP, bring that clip public. I'm just saying that.
Speaker 2: Listen, I could see it have been TGT Good Morning America. You can I have taken I've drinking Celsius, a red Bull, taking five hour energies.
Speaker 1: I've not eaten. I have never in my life. Yeah, but you've never done that.
Speaker 3: It hain't been on Good Morning America with the lights Bacon on your skull.
Speaker 2: The funniest shit about this entire club is like maybe three quarters the way through, you can see Tank on the piano trying to hold his laughs back, like tak is trying not to laugh while he's on the fucking keys.
Speaker 3: He was fucked up whatever he was on. He was geeking off that shit.
Speaker 2: Well, I know you're only taking Molly once, but for people that have taken it like a lot, sometimes you start chewing the side of your cheek. I can see a chewed cheek from a mile away. Yeah, that's a chewed cheek. That's not five hour energy, that's a chewed ass cheek. I know what it's like to be up for three days on Molly, just tweaking like.
Speaker 1: You just turn it.
Speaker 2: Tyre's had to get out of his chair, just so hoping that the cameras would distract from Genuine and sitting there off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let me take the spotlight. Let me get some of this light off, my guy.
Speaker 1: And if you've heard this song, Tank just takes all Genuine's parts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he had to but they spoke about this though. They after and all left about it. Genuine I spoke about this too, but this was a classic.
Speaker 2: I think it was like a TMZ clip shot that before they all sat down and talk about it. I think they caught genuine the next day he's like, hey man, you know, sometimes you're tired, like, all right, but this verse.
Speaker 3: Is gonna be dope though, this ver's gonna be do I'm looking forward to this. Yeah, I'm definitely with you.
Speaker 2: Well, speaking of R and B, I don't like that that that Usher wasn't clocking that.
Speaker 1: That JB was standing on business. Sometimes you gotta clop the business. That's the verses we need right now. Sometimes sometimes you gotta.
Speaker 3: See when JB like, no, we need we needed we that's the verses that already happened. That we need to see the footage of Justin Bieber and Usher. That's the verses.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: That picture that came out with a correct Peter that was that was because I thought I thought I said Be grabbed Usher by his lapel like that. I thought that was crazy. Beyonce in THEE Yeah that.
Speaker 1: Was crazy.
Speaker 2: Well if that wasn't Ai though, that would be on a billboard, like that would have.
Speaker 3: Been the funniest spot. And I thought about that, I'm like that, can't that? Can I should have known that was Ai because I mean, everybody at the fucking gold party has phones. Yeah, things like that like that, we would have gotten footage of that.
Speaker 1: Your brother was there, yeah, like he would have called you.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, getting getting Usher Usha getting his lapel wrinkled by Justin Bieber, Like we would have gotten real footage of that. So but that's the verses we need. We need to know exactly what happened, what was said, what was on What do you think that was about?
Speaker 1: Though I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't want to go to the terrible part of the internet brain of things that have been accused that happened to Justin Bieber as a kid, and we know the Usher was with Puff and then Puff was like I want to stay away.
Speaker 1: I don't think it had anything to do with that. But you know that was the comet pizza of course, conspiracy theory that Justin was finally talking to Usher of like, yo, you put me in a situation. I don't think it was that at all.
Speaker 2: Oh think sometimes when when JB gets the spirits in him, he goes a little nuts.
Speaker 3: Do you think he had something to do with maybe Biaber not being happy that Usher's probably still making money off of him, like business dealings. It might be some of that, the formalities, the business formalities, Yeah, but.
Speaker 2: Also sometimes you just got to sit there and be like, well, it's not a bad deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I mean if you you can sign a bad deal when you're fucking twelve years old being a full h.
Speaker 1: My dad and my mom like, why why he's this bullshit? I mean it's a usher, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Especially at that time, Usher was you know, he's still a huge star, but sixteen eighteen years ago, yeah, you know what I mean. Like, I mean, at that time, you know, this is ushered and Bieber obviously had a lot of talent, and it was, you know, it was a good thing to kind of be up under Usher. I think that now, you know, Bieber's probably looking back like, all right, doog like I still just I'm still paying you. Yeah, I think that's probably more so what it was.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, we have real facts here, sources, Okay, sources, we have the sources said to have Flick should do a dock on sources. Yeah, I want to meet sources. We got to meet sources. Love sources.
Speaker 1: Let me see sources. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So sources says they witnessed the feud. Of course, a source always witnessed some shit. Said Usher reacted angrily when Justin brushed him off in the same way he has for a while now, same source claims from those closer to Usher, a closer source, from his perspective, that's a level of loyalty and gratitude that hasn't been reciprocated. Furthermore, the distance between them has come off as dismissive and disrespectful. So does that make Justin the aggressor or the other way around?
Speaker 1: I don't know, because.
Speaker 2: Ushers, if he's dismissing, I'm like, I don't even want to speak to you. To me, that would be Usher grabbing his lapel, like, no, come here.
Speaker 1: You're gonna talk to me. You're my son. Let's let's start there. Yeah. But I mean, clearly the source is giving us stuff. We already know.
Speaker 2: Usher played a key role in Justin and getting his stars in the history there matters and whatever.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Some people view things differently from their childhood. Then you may.
Speaker 2: View when you were an adult for sure, And I'm not I want to make this co I'm not saying a Usher weird shit that they talk about the internet. I was saying, yeah, I know, Justin got older and probably look back and maybe maybe you didn't handle my business the best way.
Speaker 1: Maybe you didn't.
Speaker 2: I think there could be resentment there, and Usher's probably looking at it.
Speaker 1: Like this was the music business? What did you now? You're not even gonna speak to me or.
Speaker 3: You know, Usher's been trying to have a conversation about it, and Justin doesn't want to talk to them, like you said, brushing them off. I could see, you know, Usher kind of like grabbing them up like yo, like nah, were talking like let's have this conversation. Because when they said they had a a whatever they said, there was, you know, maybe some yelling. It doesn't have to be like some crazy. It could just be like yo, let me talk to you like you be like fuck you, like I don't want to talk to you. And then that turns into Justter and Justin Bieber and Usher had a feud at the goal part and it was literally like yo, I.
Speaker 1: Don't want to talk to you. My guess was less than that. My guess it could have been nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, some people just looked like they speak aggressively and you're at the goal part, the music's playing. The source could have just been walking by and was like, it kind of look like they're arguing. Yeah, because that's happened to me where it's like, yo, y'all was arguing.
Speaker 3: No, no, just having a passionate Yeah, just having a loud discussion.
Speaker 1: At each other. So I think this is nothing. I think.
Speaker 2: I don't even like my speculation. I really don't think anything is wrong. I think they just maybe were having a disagreement and that's it was what it was.
Speaker 3: So how do we feel about now? Justin tim Blake is confused that he's a white guy. Did you see that? I told y'all he had too much soul to be a white guy.
Speaker 1: Y'all didn't believe. It's another thing I said years ago. Nobody believe me. I tried to tell you. I mean, in his defense, he got blacker.
Speaker 3: The video came out of his dwirest in the Hamptons years ago, rough week for the whites. Would you arrest Justin Tim Blake if you pulled him over in the Hampton's and you could tell he was a little like intoxicated, because I don't think I would here.
Speaker 1: Here's where corruption would.
Speaker 2: Definitely take place. I want to make it very clear. I do not agree with drunk driving. It has led to a lot of terrible things. If I'm in the Hampton's on a dirt road and Justin Timberlake gets out his car and I don't have a lot of calls that night of keeping the Hampton safe, there's not a lot of cloths in Hamptons. I may look at my partner and go, you drive his car. I'll drive the cruiser behind you.
Speaker 1: Let's take it, and let's get Justin Timberlake back that which is fucked up. I want to make that clear.
Speaker 2: I identify that we shouldn't give celebrities privileges like that, and they shouldn't be above the law. But if I'm in the Hamptons and Justin Timberlake's driving ten miles an hour down a dirt road, I don't know if I'm taking Justin Timberlake to jail. I'm just trying to be honest. I know everyone that's way more amazing than me listening right now.
Speaker 1: Is like you can't do that. You can do the same thing. You turn a body camels No, I got to put it in the group chat the homies guy it I just rolled over Justin simply.
Speaker 3: Not it was on a body cam. You get in trouble for that. If you take them home, you're supposed to wrest them that.
Speaker 1: You know how much corruption probably happens in the Hamptons. Well, I'm just saying you might have to turn that body cam off though. Yeah, you know, I me times at the Murdock household. They probably turned their body they turned their ring camp. So not only turning your body cam off in the Hamptons is that crazy? Not only you get back to your officers.
Speaker 3: Turn that ring cam off real quick, man, let's turn that off real quick. We can handle this right here.
Speaker 2: But yeah, more footage leaked from I believe that was last summer, right, because there was footage that leaked where where Justin was like, do I got to get to my tour? Yeah, which was hilarious. But in the precinct you saw Justin reading his paperwork after he had one martini.
Speaker 1: Just it's always one one bed one martini, It's always one. And he looked at his paperwork and said white.
Speaker 2: Tough crowd, like you're you're working with a very cold audience at that point, because I would have busted out laughing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't got to be so serious. The officer is trying to be said, I wouldn't have invested on.
Speaker 2: But I'm sure he had to pause blown at that point because you start, you start joking after you've yeah, I'm called so.
Speaker 1: Let me it is what it is like. All Right, I'm a little intoxicated. I get it, but I have fun.
Speaker 2: I'm not not proud of it, but I have. I have been arrested for a DUI before you was scared. No, So I don't want to say in my defense because there is no real defense for drinking and driving. I fell asleep at my friend's dorm. He was taking summer classes at Saint Peter's. I was living at my godfather's Jersey City to uh. I don't want to say the time where my godfather lives, but it's it's not very far and I was living at his house. I went to sleep like I slept. We were drinking that night, and I don't know if you've been in shitty commuter style dorms the small couch is probably the size of this table of where I was sleeping. I woke up at like seven am, like I'm getting the fuck out of here. I slept enough, get in the car, get pulled over on the side of the Jersey Turnpike. And this this was the the year of like cargos with cement threes. Tom So I'm literally like walking. I don't know if you've seen the Jersey Turnpike. It has a slope on the side. I do walk in a straight line on a slope and do this at the same fucking time. And the cops said to me, after I'd done everything, ABC's the whole fucking thing. He said, you do realize we're gonna do this until you fail.
Speaker 1: I said, well, until you fail.
Speaker 2: A verbatim quote, verbatim quote. You realize we're going to keep doing this until you fail. And I said, well, then just put me in cuffs.
Speaker 1: Maybe I was struck until you fail crazy.
Speaker 2: So I leave my nineteen ninety three Chevy Malibu on the side of the fucking getting cuffs back of the cruiser. My dumb ass is again. I had just turned twenty one. I had maybe been twenty one for two weeks. At this point, I said, in my arrogant twenty one year old I said, man, I slept. I'm not going to refuse because I know if you refuse, you lose your license for three months. No matter what, to blow, I said, give me that shit, bro, Well you asked for it, you get Do you have the option because you could No matter what, if you refuse, you still lose your license for three months. If you get a DUI, then it's it's it's definitely more of like a maximum bullshit.
Speaker 1: It probably shit hit perfect that point. O.
Speaker 2: Wait, Like I even tried to do the tricks, like when you're drunk and you're in like Justin's situation when he's sitting there like they just had a martini, Like you really think in an arrogant drunk state that you're fine. I was like pretending to blow pause and they were like, you do realize every drunk person tries to do this. You're not that smart, Like this is a machine. If you read I know you think you're doing something like it was an asshole, but he was very much honest.
Speaker 1: I was like, we know you're.
Speaker 2: Not You're not blowing, so I'm sitting there like, that's not going to get it done. If you're gonna do this, you've already committed do it. That ship hit point oh eight on the fucking mark.
Speaker 3: That is some scary shit, though, to get pulled over and like you have to do like a field test.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're just anytime you get pulled over, period, even as a white person, I only imagine someone else.
Speaker 1: You're you're nervous regardless when you see those lights.
Speaker 2: But I wasn't even thinking the ship because I wasn't drunk in my head, which I again, I know advocate for the ship, but I thought I slept enough hours and I was good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which was not the case. But I had to do that.
Speaker 3: One time we was driving from LA to Vegas and they pulled us over.
Speaker 1: That's a rough place.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they pulled us over, so I was, but we were smoking. So when he pulled it over, they smell weed in the car. So they made they made me get out. So I just always remember, I said I because he was like, I got to follow this pen, follow the ball point of my pen.
Speaker 1: This, that, and the third.
Speaker 3: All I kept saying to myself was you have to over exaggerate the eye movement that's all I remember saying, like, Yo, just over exaggerate, make it seem like you're so locked. And I was looking at the pen when he had it by his side, like he was just holding it right hand.
Speaker 1: I'm just staring at it.
Speaker 3: I was just over exaggerating. So then he he's moving the pin like this, so I'm going my eyes going. So then he gets to the center, like your nose. I just said that, let me make my eyes as cross eyed as possible. And then he was like, yo, listen, man, just kind of keep it keeping under eighty.
Speaker 1: And I was like, keep it under eighty. I mean but between la, Yeah, when you make.
Speaker 3: That, you know when you hit that, when you hit that, that hit open and it's just like I said, Bro's nobody else on the road.
Speaker 1: It's just like an open road. Hilarious. Bro. But we was losing that car smoking.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about burning it down during that ride, and I was like, when they pull me over, I just knew I was going to jail.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you know, I never I beat my d U. I how like I'm I'm the.
Speaker 1: OJ of d U. I s for sure like I blue point. I don't think I beat the case.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I don't think that's you don't want to be the oj of d UIs you don't. You don't want that on your juice, baby, No, you don't want that.
Speaker 2: The juice is loose. That's how I walked down the court building. The juices loose. This is for entertainment purposes. I'm lying right now, Okay, I want to make this guy.
Speaker 1: I'm lying. None of this is true what I'm about to say.
Speaker 2: So I got a d UI fax like this isn't refusal where there's some I got a du I do point o A. You are arrested. You have to go to court to face your d UI ship. The prosecutor in Newark at the time was my frat brother.
Speaker 1: So I'll, you know, I make a call. Just which camera peace? This is?
Speaker 2: This is all lie. I'm making all of this up. This is for entertainment purposes. I called my frat brother. I said, yeah, I got a d He said, all right, that's that's my court room. I got you, prosecutor. So the girl I'm dating at the time is also interning at the Newark courthouse. I used to like just visit her at the new courthouse when she was there. And there was an Alpha, which is another fraternity shouts to the alphas. I love the alphas, except for this redacted word. He was trying to fuck the girl that I was dating. He finds out that with my DUI that the prosecutor is my fraternity brother. Mind you, I made this fraternity brother even though he was older than me. He joined an alumni chapter. This is all lie by the way, he joined alumni chapter. I made him, so he's a little brother to me even though he's twice my age. The alpha finds out snitches to the judge who's in AKA and she makes a scene in the courtroom. I would never even do this for my sorority sisters. I believe in the fraternity sorority, but never above the law. So I get thrown into the court system of people that have family members that are part of the court, because that's like a corruption, Like if your family work in the court, you got to be in a separate system.
Speaker 1: So they put me in that shit.
Speaker 2: I go to court, I'm not exaggerating every Thursday for six months. The cop never shows up. He gets arrested as one of like the biggest.
Speaker 1: Scandals in NJ.
Speaker 2: State Trooper history, and my case gets thrown out on top of the corruption charge they were trying to do with my fraternity brother who almost got arrested as a prosecutor.
Speaker 1: I feel like you got to be white for that shit to happen to you.
Speaker 2: Everyone in the courses I'm talking about is black except for me. I want to make that claim.
Speaker 1: Nobody was a white aka everybody's blackness but me. And this is a story I made up for funny entertainment. This is true, but yeah, that was the story of my yo. That was the story of my do you hus For six months?
Speaker 2: Every Thursday, I'd go in and every time they'd ask you who. It's like a formality which family member works in our court system, and I never had an answer. I was like I had to like sit there and explain. I was like, so my frat brother and these are people that are not in fraternities. I'm just sitting there like an idiot. So it's like my frat brother. And then the judge and they were like okay, And then they'd asked the plaintiff, is the cop here? Nope, And I never knew why he wouldn't show up. That shit was getting expensive for me.
Speaker 1: Too. I didn't have much money, my car, my Chevy Malibu. After that broke down, I'm taking the bus from t Neck, New Jersey to Newark, which is a fucking nightmare every Thursday, and I'm like, why won't like I just let me face the music.
Speaker 2: Can this cop comes so I could just get my fucking go to my DUI classes, pay these fines.
Speaker 1: Listen there. I didn't know he was under investigation, and that's why he never showed up. So all of his cases got thrown out.
Speaker 2: Like, I have no idea how many how many innocent men were let out of prison the same day that they were like, yeah, so the arresting officer is no longer.
Speaker 1: Where the force. All these cases are thrown out. I walked out that ship like Lucky Lucky the Iris to the point that Lucky the Irish my quarter appointed lawyers stopped showing up to that's fucking crazy. I would have been in prison for sure. That was me. Yeah, dy lock him up. So I mean, in a sense, I feel justin when you look at your paperwork, it be like white not me, but never me. I'm a cat but not white.
Speaker 3: Before we wrap up the worry, I do want to say rest in peace to the legendary Chuck Norris. We lost Chuck Chuck Norris over the weekend legend and everything. Now, can I listen respectfully prayers to Chuck Norris and his family. Condolences to his family. But let's just I'm gonna actually we're not on a podcast right now. Can I just say something to the room. I thought Chuck Norris was already dead. Really, I thought he had died like five years ago. Okay, I felt like we had got news that. I don't know if it's one of those internet things where they killed celebrities all the time, Navy.
Speaker 1: Chuck was a part of that.
Speaker 3: I think Chuck got caught up in that one year and I just kind of believed it. I thought I thought it was real, and so that's when they announced it. I was like, I thought Chuck Norris passed away years But now we're back on the podcast. Yes, but Chuck Norris, Chuck Norris passed away. Legendary actor, you know, in every sense of the word. I can't remember not watching a movie growing up and not seeing Chuck Norris on my TV.
Speaker 2: I mean, kind of the way we all treat law and order and now is how I treated Walker Texas Ranger, Like, yeah, that was that's just on the TV.
Speaker 3: Now, Delta Force was my ship. You ever see Delta Force? Look, Ryan, you don't even know. You don't even know the legend that Chuck is.
Speaker 1: Look at you that that he's in the one scene Dodgeball. You don't know Dodgeball.
Speaker 2: Delta for episode was a Walker Texas Ranger. That's like two Pac songs. I'm sure they have like unreleased Walker Texas.
Speaker 1: Ranger episodes for sure.
Speaker 3: Game of Death like this is Chuck is a legend man every sense of the word.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's who how many? How many? Even SAG thinks this may how many movies does that Chuck Norris have?
Speaker 3: Uh in his discography? I just want to I just want to know how many movies Chuck Norrison.
Speaker 1: I don't even think this this. I feel like this is underselling. There's no way thirty seven he did that in one year? You can't, yea. I think he probably had thirty seven this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Chuck Norris has more than thirty seven movies, and.
Speaker 1: It's you know, we just didn't really see them at least thirty four. No way, I'm not jacking AI on this one. Yeah. Nah, Chuck Norris has done more than thirty four movies, but definitely rest in peace to rest the piece to the legend. Chuck Norris, thank you for Delta Force changed my childhood.
Speaker 2: And I mean, I know you don't get to decide if people put out headlines saying you had like an emergency or a health scare, but don't do that. Just wait till I'm dead or not. Because I saw that during the day, like Chuck Norris has an emergency scare.
Speaker 1: Don't do that, just announce when I'm dead. I don't like that that shit.
Speaker 3: Oh man, all right, well, thank you guys for coming in today. We made it as a family. If you're traveling, please be safe in these airports. I guess you can bring a pillow with you and sleep at the airport in some cities.
Speaker 1: I know we started the episode with it, but I do want to close and humble myself. Those tickets are fifteen hundred dollars for good seats, jay Z ticket. What can you do for us?
Speaker 3: Oh, I can't do shit. I let people know off top, I can't even nothing for you. Either you're gonna pay that price or hopefully they stream it, catch it on live stream.
Speaker 1: I can't do nothing for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we can't like just just follow bigs in.
Speaker 3: Nah, not a Yankee stadium. That security measure is different.
Speaker 2: What if we posed as acid security, but we could be like Chuck Norris type, like we're not the big security guards we like we know Taekwon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they had such a special set of skills though too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Nah, not happening. I mean, yo, they got tickets going for like four hundred.
Speaker 2: Dollars, which again I'm not mad at up there, which is fine to me, to be quite honest, Like just to be there fore, inn bucks, I would probably be that, yeah, just to be there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I don't know. Maybe you're trying to be on third baseline though, now you gonna play.
Speaker 3: If you're trying to be down there with a rod, that's gonna cost you a little, a little pretty penny.
Speaker 2: But you know, I might just start scamming people like Game does in his DMS and just just raise the money. Game got four thousand dollars for some random guy, Like, yo, everyone's send me your music is fifty dollars, So I can raise money.
Speaker 1: To buy jay Z ticket.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, but fuck it, somehow, somewhere, we got to find a way to get in it.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 3: That's a great show. I see what you do how someway. Come on, man, you know, don't make it out of the hood with one day, we'll make it out the hood.
Speaker 1: We'll talk to y'all soon. Be safe, be blessed. I'm that nigga. He's just ginger peace.
Speaker 3: No Wi