Speaker 1: Welcome into Leading Off right here on Fantasy pros. I am the Welsh. That is Casey Bubba, and thank you guys for hanging out with us. Brought to you by Prize Picks. Prize Picks promo code Leading Off get match up to one hundred bucks, get prize picking because we will be prize picking. Oh, Bubba Bubba and I are both Celsius in right now. What flavor of Celsius brought to you by Celsius you're doing? Is that the.
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Well, I am doing tropical vibe and I we are Celsius bros.
Speaker 2: Yes there you excuse me my late night podcasting drink of choice. But today's one of those days. I told the Welsh, we're lacking a lot of sleep, so it's been coffee onto the Celsius.
Speaker 1: Right now late night. This is like a it's like a pseudo energy drink. What are you doing this late at night?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Well, when you three podcasts at an article every night, you need a boost, that is true.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, Fantasy pro as you know where to get your next sponsorship. This has been kind of my go too, and I got about three hours of sleep last night, so I'm rareing to go look at us and look at you, Peanuts and Cracker Jacks. We're gonna be answering some of your questions if you have them, we will be going through that. We've got all the stuff. Get your prepared for the weekend. We've got some bets that are going to be locked in. All the stuff, all the stuff for your playoff run. I'm playing in some best I have a best I looked at it last night, the best ball that we did in November, and I'm in third place, and this guy right here is in first place in it. And Bubba's just such a frickin monster.
Speaker 2: By the way.
Speaker 1: So hopefully you guys are doing well in your fantasy playoffs and running, and hopefully we can help you all out. You Peanuts and Cracker Jacks, plus Corby, Carl and I are back. We are back, and I will have here shortly where we went. I think I got a pretty good hint. We'll see if you guys can guess it where Corbin and I are, and maybe we'll be giving away that autograph card here into the near future. Let's talk about prognostication. Jordan Law this is a crazy.
Speaker 2: Crazy me me me, me me.
Speaker 1: This is making it all about me here, But I mean, what an absolute moonshot. If you could talk about the ev of takes, My take had a one fifteen EV going four fifty at least baba of saying Jordan Lawler is coming and shownough Jordan Lawler is here. He gets called up by the Arizona Diamondbacks. Nick Ahmed stinks he's I love him, nice guy, but you stink worse off one of the I was talking about talking about this one of the biggest discrepancies maybe of all time. If you can think of another one, you tell me between their defensive prowess gold glove defender and their dog garbage crap offense. Can you think of another bigger discrepancy? And maybe it's it's obviously like fresh in my mind, but can you think of someone who has a bigger gap between those two skill sets than Nick Ahmed?
Speaker 2: While they're like back in the days, you know, when we were young and we walked uphill both ways, we cherished defense and didn't really care about offense for most of our middle infielders. But recently, Nick, it's funny too because you and know being a Dbacks fan, nicko mat had like two pretty decent offensive seasons found his way into an All Star team. But yeah, yeah, but it's just like when he gave his press conference and he's like crying and saying that. But it's sad that it's also like I talked about it with Bloom the Wall, didn't you see the riding on the wall, like you really weren't producing. There's this stud kid coming up and we're trying to make the postseason. So yes to your question, discrepancy, it's pretty large, and it's been a long time aince we've seen something like.
Speaker 1: It, especially for a guy that I think has been in like the maybe like ten years, you know, for that long. It's like it's like a wild, wild, huge gap. So he's gone. Jordan Lawler comes up, it's announced that he is going to play every day against lefties. They're going to try to work him in other spots against righty's. Well guess what he debuted last night. He played shortstop and they moved her all Perdomo to third and that is the setup. And they also said that he'll play some third base. So Jordan Lawler will play third base, so keep an eye out for that. Plus he got his first hit, So Jordan Lawler did the thing. I think he is a twelve team pickup guy simply out of the fact of the stolen bases. Don't love that he's going to hit low in the order, but he's got the potential to hit for decent average power speed combo one thousand percent. The other thing that we got gifted with is another top prospect coming up, Evan Carter with the Rangers. Because of Vidoles Garcia, which is now Bueno, he is put on the io with a Pateller tendon strain, which at this point, with how the Rangers are playing, I would say you're done. Anything could happen, but you're probably done. So they're bringing up Evan Carter. Eight sixty three ops, thirteen homers, twenty six stolen bases a little over one hundred and eight games. So I throw it to you, what type of aggressiveness would you personally want to end up having with either Jordan Lawler or Evan Carter in league right now?
Speaker 2: I'd be aggressive with Lawler especially well, I guess if you need middle infield help, but the power, speedy brains will play every day. You love what you see there. Carter he is a top prospect, so that's good for him. But I'm going Lawler side of things. I do think Ada Least is going to be out for most of the rest of the season, so Carter should get some regular run. But I go Lawler for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is not a good the Evan Carter thing. I had actually heard for some time that this was a possibility much earlier on, and then I just don't know why the Rangers didn't do it. This is from like an insight source that I heard, and it just didn't happen. Evan Carter's really good, solid I want to say he's a really solid offensive bat. I have a little bit of a hesitation that I do wonder if Carter is going to be one of those players that I honest say slow starting. But Nolan Chanol like maybe there's not big counting stats like he's definitely he's got a Kyle tuckerness to him. It might take some time for him to really grow. I mean, hey, listen, like he's almost a fifteen thirty guy, but I think he might be a little slower going where I think you're gonna see Jordan Lawler just really be able to come out so I'm much more aggressive on Jordan Laller. By the way, this is a great assessment, Carly says, Jordan Lahller is adorable, So yes, very adorable. That is definitely part of the assessment that should be considered here. I mean, here's one right here. Someone got on your case on Twitter, by the way, about our Jordan Lawler Eddie daily cruise thing, and Michael is asking Lawler or Eddie Ellie rest of season. It's Ellie.
Speaker 2: It's Ellie just because he's been proven like Lawler, we like him in all he had one okay game, he had a single, made a good defensive play. Ellie can drop bombs with the best of them. We've seen it already.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Ellie, I want to do a fantasy league next year that is like defensive assists, how fast you throw, and Ellie'll be the number one player, like if we have like too.
Speaker 2: That's why I compare the two of them every time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I love just like everybody just talks about them like then then I would throw them up there. But yeah, this is like definitely Ellie. Jim's asks strikeout concerns with either Lawler or Carter Laller more I don't think there's I don't have a ton of concern. Like Evan Carter is a I think a hiring contact hitter, and that's why I kind of compared him to Nolan Chanel. Is that like, I think he's gonna just make decent contact the singles doubles guy. He can hit for power. I just don't know what does look like in the majors. Lawler has more impactful stolen bases and more impactful power. But I do worry there's a little bit more swing and miss in his game, even though he cut his strikeout rate from twenty one down to fifteen percent in the PCL. So that is a positive sign. Pay attention to that, and uh, just be happy these prospects are coming up. There's always a potential for a few others. This is a really great one. Back to, by the way, the question of who had a bigger discrepancy between their offense and defense. Look at what Jason putt John McDonald. That is very Everyone remembers John McDonald his days of what was it the Blue Jays, And I'm sure did John McDonald play with the Orioles too? Or am I making that up?
Speaker 2: It sounds about right. I can look it up for you here.
Speaker 1: I feel John McDonald played for like a lot of teams, but it definitely the Ano. There were Blue Jays years in there, and he was one of those. Another one of those was like Andleton Simmons, but Leton Simmons had a few Marvis SkELL Okay, yeah, yeah, I think he. I feel like he had a little bit more offense, and Andleton had a few more.
Speaker 2: Years Cleveland, Toronto, Arizona and the Angels.
Speaker 1: Okay, so he never played for Baltimore, but the Toronto one, I was right, Yeah, And like, what did John McDonald? What was his highest home run season?
Speaker 2: Is his highest home runs? He hit six and twenty ten and six and twenty twelve. Well was his highest multiple seasons? Was zero? Let's put it that way.
Speaker 1: Okay, what about stolen bases?
Speaker 2: His highest was seven steals and six and sec What was bad? I don't say bad everg it's even better. He had two seventy seven and two thousand and five. He's a career two thirty three hitter.
Speaker 1: Nick I met is John McDonald.
Speaker 2: He's just been This is the spider Man gift.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it totally is. That's a really really good one.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: Saba also asked how is Lalla versus lefties? I think he's gonna sorry, moving back and forth with things good. I think he hit three eighty in double A against lefties, So that's why he is like the number one guy there. He will be the dude that is going to be against lefties one hundred percent of the time according to Tory Leavello, So you know, make your moves as need be. Ryan Pepio had a perfect game going through the seventh inning yesterday, and I think it happened while Bog and I were streaming. I think it was going on during the Thursday night football game, but Pepio was going He retired twenty consecutive batters. It got it end up getting breaken up, broken up by Josh Bell, but he had seven scoreless in a win. And this is kind of coming off of all those things we've talked about, all the concerns with the Dodgers right now, with the dirt bag who's on administrative lead, and the legend who you know can't throw strikes, and Vilo is going down, and lance Lynn who just just gets lit up every single night. They needed a guy like this, and I think you and I had been talking about Pepio and this was a great opportunity. He threw eighty four pitches. That's the thing to really monitor. It was heavy fastball, heavy change up thirty three percent, swinging with on the change up. The other pitches really weren't dominant. He just didn't kill you with this major strikeout performance. Did this buy you the time to feel absolutely solid with Ryan Pepio for the rest of you know whatever? I mean obviously, like one bad start you can just toss him to the side. But you know, in this world of like there's really bad streaming going on right now, is Pepio a hold and try to maybe do this through the next week or two?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm all in on Pepio. Like I loved them. They were playing yo yo with them, which was annoying. Like we've talked about back and forth, and with the injuries and other issues in the clubhouse that you mentioned, there's no reason they shouldn't put him out. And even Kersha I was dealing with the shoulder injury. Like, there's a lot of things going on that should keep Dodgers fans concerned. So Pepio should be out there, he gets the padres next week, and then if all goes well, he lines up for a Tigers Giants two step in two weeks championship Fantasy playoffs. Yes, so like that is big boy stuff that you want. Ryan Pepio down a stretch.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love that one. I'm depending where you are in your playoffs. I know there's like some people that are far and some that might just be going this week. But I think in my playoff world that lines up to championship.
Speaker 2: Week, it's a championship week, or if you do a two week championship, it's the first of thee of the two weeks. Either way, you're using them in the end for some some big boy stuff.
Speaker 1: Here's a question, one or two week championship. What is the right to answer too? Really?
Speaker 2: Because I will And this is because I'm not a head to head guy, because I hate how you can have a great season and just one bad week ruins your whole thing. I've talked to Vogman. I know, I talked to Vogmin about that in depth on shows and we used to do shows together, and I know I'm kind of in the minority when the ITL world, But I'm not. I think you need two weeks to make that happen.
Speaker 1: I'm indifferent most Like most things, I'm not like, eh, you know, it's gotta be, but like, I don't know, I kind of think like one works the two. I feel like a two week playoff is the most roto way to play head to head because what you're doing, yeah, okay, sure, but what you're doing is is you're like, all right, well, how two weeks really stabilizes things so something crazy doesn't happen. That's a playoffs and head to head are all about. It is about the craziness of what can happen in any given week where a eight seed team or six seed however many play with can get into the playoffs and all of a sudden pull it off. The two week thing is like, yeah, well that crazy thing will happen, but let's make sure we go too. So I'm not trying to be completely dismissive of that. That might be a really good thing, and you might want the of all the things in the playoffs, you actually might want the stabilized two week period. But I'm fine either way. I lean towards one, just because that's what all of them are though I was going to say all the playoffs are one and then you go to two. In the Scott White Dynasty League that I'm in, Scott White's playoffs are two week runs, so he started early. I think we started like two weeks ago. I'm not in the playoffs, so it doesn't matter, but it's like two weeks for every round, so that's what makes it a little bit different. So I just didn't know where people were what they cared about.
Speaker 2: Either way.
Speaker 1: Get Ryan Peppio, any thoughts on emittt Shean and Ryan Yarborough. Whips put up here in the stock is going up on all of them, but I was curious, especially with them at Shean.
Speaker 2: She and I know a lot of people love I feel like we're just a year away still because I haven't seen the consistency to what the hype train was coming into the season. I love Yarborough. I've been pumping him up for a few weeks. If people look at what he's done since he joined the Dodgers in that bulk relieving role, it's been absolutely fantasy gold. And you got him for free on fab waiver wires. I'm pulling it up right now for you he has joining. We talked about this last week. Why can't these pages load faster? Ryan Yarborough since joining the Dodgers has three wins and two saves in seven outings. He has been darn impressive coming out of that long relief role. And it's a consistent thing because these young pitchers are throwing. They're bringing Yarborough once or twice a week out of that role. So I'm a big fan of what he can bring to you. And sorry, in those leagues that you're looking at, he qualifies as a reliever and a starter, which could help you a ton in certain verb spurp.
Speaker 1: What is you know to remember as well? The Dodgers are falling apart and all of these guys low percentage Own Angelo right here, twenty percent rostered Ryan Peppio way, so you know, keep an eye out on all those guys. One of the little last thing I just noticed on Pepio. This is something I try to pay attention to a decent amount, especially fastballs. This is a wild one of his forty nine fastballs, I'm sorry, forty one fastballs thrown yesterday. He had an outside the zone swing percentage fifty four percent. That's a wild number. I just want people to know, like for Brandon Fought is like the low line, he'll get like an eight percent outside the zone. Typically you'll see thirteen to fifteen percent outside the zone, especially on fastballs, and a fifty four percent out outside the zone fastball is really impressive. It might be more about the team that you're facing, but also just how effective his fastball is. Ryan Pepio is, so it's just a great pickup and he's someone that you're going to ride hopefully into the sunset. Ronald Acunya hit a pair of homers as the Braves beat the Cardinals eight to five. Ronald Acunya now has thirty four homers sixty three stolen bases. There is no actionable item here, but really to maybe just do a slight little throw that with the potential injury with Mookie Betts right now and Ronald d'acunya, I'm not really sure. I think this really close race where everyone is like, hey, this is going to be one of the best. I saw someone say like this is the best race we've seen in so long, and it's like it's not. I mean, if there's still the field, well, I mean, now it doesn't look good. It looked great.
Speaker 2: It looks.
Speaker 1: I'm not taking the field now. And because ronald' kunya, you know, sixty three stolen bases and also Mookie Bets he had filed the ball off his foot. He left the game on crutches, but the X ray race were negative. So what does that mean?
Speaker 2: It's never good. That's never good.
Speaker 1: Well, and the Dodgers can't afford to lose him. I mean, not that the Dodgers are in absolute peril, but their roster is falling apart, so they're going to need him big, but they're going to need him to probably sit and wrest a little bit. So I think this yesterday on both sides was a defining factor of ending that conversation of the MVP. Mookie Bets has had an insane year, but if he's going to miss some time, Ronald Acunya is stacking. I feel relatively confident this is kind of that is always going to go to Akunya, regardless of how amazing Mooki Bets has been. But I think this solidifies it. Am I being over reactionary?
Speaker 2: No, No, this is it. As long as he doesn't you know, I don't think it mattered, he could probably not play the rest of September, and in front of the Kenis game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, last on the Big News, Spencer Torkelsen had two homers as well on Thursday as the Tigers beat the Yankees, as they continue to keep doing, and I just wanted to throw out. You know, we've talked a decent amount about Torkosen this year. Torkelsen is now sitting I believe at twenty twenty twenty seven, at twenty seven homers, seventy six RBI, seventy eight runs, two thirty three batting average is not good, but the reiteration that he will probably be one of my big sleepers sleepers going into next year probably won't be that sleepery. I'll just have him higher simply because of the of all the underlying stuff that are in effect. With a poor batting average, fifty two percent hard hit rate is monstrous. He's got an under twenty five percent strikeout rate, over ten percent walk rate. EV's look great, fifteen percent barrel, which is double what he did last year. He's just making really good moves. The average just hasn't quite caught up. Spencer Torklsen is a dude and I think Torkalsen will probably I think could be an outside the top one hundred player, but he'll be like around one twenty five. I think he's gonna be probably be a big target for me in drafts. Though we'll start to see in some of these early like mocks and real drafts that are going on, I'll be curious where he's going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's gonna be pretty popular now. Then it'll fade away for a second when people look at quote unquote projections. Then it'll come right back up again because people will realize how good he is. And now it's like, okay, number one pick, struggled out the gate, made improvements. Oh wait a minute, he can make even more improvements. You're telling me this is the guy. It's like when Christian Walker find anything that step, it's got that kind of vibe to it. You want that Tourkosen thing, and I'm there. And also speaking of the Tigers, for again, people last three weeks of the season, easiest schedule in baseball. They have fourteen games you know, home whatever, but they play so many bad Central teams. That's a team you want to stream right now. If you can get Tiger's bats it's scary to say. They've been very, very good with the young players, like get some.
Speaker 1: Tigers, Torklesen, Carrie Carpenter. Those are the guys. The only thing that does worry me is like on the season, Torkosen, besides this month, which is only like a couple games in, he's only had one month where he's hit over to forty the entire month, but two twenty eight pre All Star Break batting average two forty two second. This is one of those cases where you get a two forty five to two fifty five Spencer Torkelsen. You're looking at probably thirty five homers. You might be one hundred hundred with thirty plus homers next year with a questionable batting average, and if he's going outside the top one hundred, he's instantly I think a deal. So we'll see where a projection.
Speaker 2: Is go look at that quality of contact he's got going to it's tremendous stuff. So he's only going to get better. So yeah, I'm with you on that. I think Torque is a guy that you never know. Maybe there'll be a lot of guys like us that keep talking about him and want to keep using him, But you know, I think there's a lot like, Yeah, he's walking more than the second average. There's a ton there for a torque.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a couple listener questions in here, not a ton, Jason said, rank these five for Dynasty League, Matt McClain, Royce, Lewis, Tristan Kasis, Spencer Torkolsen, and Jason Demingez. I'm actually going to be working on my Dynasty ranks today and dating them just as a cheap plug over on my Patreon it in this league dot com. I've got that Dynasty list I update every single month, and I want to say the top three are a combo between Jason Royce and Matt McClain, and then it's gonna go for me.
Speaker 2: God, it's tough.
Speaker 1: I think I'm m cassas and Torko said, I'm gonna tear those guys. It's those two and the top three. My gut tells me, I think I'm gonna go Jason Dimingez, Lewis, Matt McClain, roy Yeah, it's gonna be right now, Jason Royce, McClain, and I'm just gonna make commitments, Cossus, Torkosen. That's gonna be my Dynasty It might change when I put up the list. That is a very good list, but Jason Diminguz is my top, and it sounded like you kind of agree. You stepped me into it.
Speaker 2: Anyways. Yeah, I know, I'm one hundred percent with you on that. The Torque one's very interesting. That's because those are two just stud young players that both could take. Like we're all talking torqu and Cossas is just crushing baseballs and doing his things. So yeah, very good.
Speaker 1: Stuff, very similar players, David said, Braxton Garrett at Milwaukee or McKenzie Gore at Pittsburgh for playoff for Playoffs.
Speaker 2: Week, I'm gonna leen McKenzie Gore. I'm a huge backson Garrett fan. I want more Garrett next year. His velo looks a lot better. But I'm going with mackenzie Gore in that matchup.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna go with mackenzie Gore as well. I think McKenzie Gore, even though it hasn't been as great as of late, he has shown those signs to us this year, So I'm gonna go that. Dan said, He said, thanks for turning me onto prospects like Ethan Salas and James Wood before anyone else I rarely hear much about Wood, but I know to keep holding. Actually, you know it's funny. I just dropped I'm gonna get James Wood stuff up here. I just dropped the Prospect one. If people care about that, it is my prospect based fantasy show. And I did a five right in five wrong. Also talked to Chris Blessing and Baseball HQ. But I did like five things I got right and five things I got wrong. People bubbas, you know people love accountability. You know the accountability threwout the I don't usually like those people because they're usually a holes, but I don't mind doing it myself because I think the exercise sometimes helps me figure things out. And one of the rights was I was like, I'm going to be annoying here, but Ethan So whoa Ethan Solace? I was like absolutely right about and I was I said, Ethan Salace was going to fix that problem of people thinking the international class was garbage and wasn't worthwhile. He was going to bring it back. James Wood is a little bit indifferent. I've always had problems with James Wood in that and I've said this a bunch every time I see him. He stinks in person, and I've seen him a lot because he used to be a padre. But he is a really great talent. He has struggled on the back half of the year's average is dipped down to two fifty three, twenty four homer sixteen stolen bases. But he's got this. He's got the physical attribute skill set that it feels like Ellie day La Cruz, big hard hit numbers, he can run hit for power, he can put up some average. So he's an absolute hold right now. He's a top ten and fantasy prospect. But yeah, thank you for the Ethan Sawas love there. And you know, James Wood is pretty good. Just the rest aren't necessarily. Hassel and Green are two players that I brought up in the got wrong category. Dylan Cruz I will not, and hopefully we'll be talking about Dylan Cruz maybe in the AFL. That is something I have hope for. All right, where in the world are Welshin Corbyn, Carroll? It's back and here is the hint for today that you can put in the chat everybody ready. The hint is the skoyt is sky sky. The word sky. I didn't want to say the sky and give anything away. But sky is the hint here for where did Corbin, Carol and I go.
Speaker 2: I'm intrigued. Now take your.
Speaker 1: Guesses you can put in there. At the end of the show, I will let you know where we went and the people with the most correct answers. Like I said, at the end of the season, I'm going to send him an autograph Corbyn Carroll card. The hint is sky. Okay, injuries a couple of them. Sandio Contra likely out for the rest of the season with a right forearm flexer strain. Edward Cabrera had a relief appearance, so make sure you pay attention to that. He came in in like the third inning. He struck out eight, went four, walked only two. That's a very good sign. And I believe he is lined up to start next week. So I think it. It might have been against the Dodgers, and I don't remember what it was, but next.
Speaker 2: Week, right, he's got a two step at Milwaukee VERSU Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Next week, Okay, No, that's what it was. I like the Milwaukee, I do not like the Atlanta. No chance, no chance. We already told you about Mooki Betts. And then also just wanted to throw this out there. According to the Mariners Andrey Depoto, Jared Kelnick will be activated from the IL any day now, Absolutely any day. He has been rehabbing after, you know, kicking the thing and being dumb, and he knows he was being dumb. That's about it on the injury front outside of we've already told you about like a doulas. Also, Jorge Solaire was put on the IL, which was a big stinky one weekend streamers. So Bubba, we've been doing this every Friday to talk through people on weekend streamers. This is one of the worst weekend streamers we've had as of recent And I literally don't have anybody I like for Saturday going down the list. Can you tell me otherwise? Is there someone you dig? If you're trying my streaming is going to happen on Sunday if I do it. I don't like a single reasonable streaming option that's probably not owned in leagues.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as the thing is, there's nothing that's really not owned like resouls and Pitches on Friday, and that'd be a dude I'd in too, But for Saturday, there's really nothing that really attracts anybody's fancy Bloomfield and I we do a weekend streaming game every Thursday night and pitching is brutal. I guess the one I could say, here's one Michael King of the Yankees being stretched out. He's got Milwaukee and he pitched five innings in his last start. That'd be the only one i'd look at if you need a streamer.
Speaker 1: Okayeh, because he isn't owned. Okay, that's you know what? That actually is kind of a decent one.
Speaker 2: Give you.
Speaker 1: Oh, vi Eeda's going and that's one I could go to, but it's against Atlanta, so past no chance. Here was the only other one that was looming around. I will tell you Brian Wu. Brian Wu against Tampa was one that, like I think when I was on CBS we were going through there. I can maybe talk myself into it, but I just don't like any of them. I don't like King, I don't like Wu. I wouldn't try to do it. So if we move over to Sunday, I did pick two that have some varying degrees of ownership. Ranger Swarez seems like the number one. He might be a tad bit high.
Speaker 2: I'd have to.
Speaker 1: You know, there's three different sets of leagues if you want to look at numbers like CBS, Yahoo, ESPN. I don't know where he is, but the Miami matchup Rangers War has been really good lately. That would be like the number one player I'd be looking at streaming and the other one Brandon Fought. And I know that might make people cringe, but you know, over his last like four or five starts, he's only had one stinker. I think it was that Dodgers game that was a stinker. These are must win games. Brandon Fatt has done a better job of being able to, you know, limit the fly balls. Cubs are a really tough matchup, of course, but if I'm trying to chase strikeouts, I'm going with Brandon Fott. If I am hugging my ratios, then I'm not touching it. But it's Rangers War is and fought anything for Sunday for you.
Speaker 2: I really I love Fought. I've picked him up a lot of places when he came back up, and it's been pretty pretty nice overall. So I think I'm gonna agree with you on that one. Some might tell you Jesse Schulton's but that's a that hurts. So yeah, thought would be the one for me.
Speaker 1: Okay, three up and three down Spencer Torkalsen, As we mentioned, I don't know why I put him in here twice.
Speaker 2: We just talked about it that he did go.
Speaker 1: He's that good. He went two for four, two homers. Four urbis Tommy fam who apparently got a whole article written.
Speaker 2: About great guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, about how great a guy he is. Okay, sure he went two for five with two homers and three RBI. He's a great baseball player. There's no denying it been a great pickup. But like, okay, next articles to me about like the awesome teammate that Anthony Rindon is now, and then all the on the onion though, what a great house guy Julio Arius is, Like all right, let's keep going here. And then Chris Taylor. Chris Taylor a monster. I saw someone post him earlier, three for five with a homer and five RBI. I actually have him in a couple of spots because of his versatility, and I play in a lot of deeper leagues. Chris Taylor went off on the down. Carlos Redon three and two thirds, seven earned runs, dude, do you what is the scenario where you take redon next year?
Speaker 2: Well, you do, There isn't one. There wasn't a scenario where I took him this past year. I'm not taking him next year. I'm one of those guys. It's very when it comes to pitching. You got to prove to me you're right. I'm not taking a chance on a guy like that. I'll take a chance on a rookie pitcher or a young pitcher before they get a chance on Redin.
Speaker 1: No chance. I don't want any.
Speaker 2: Part of it. Great.
Speaker 1: Oh he'd be like, oh, Ef exteresting. I'm not here to listen to it. It's just been so bad. Adam Wayne Wright also bad five and two thirds. He walked three, gave up four homers, six earned runs, and then how about we haven't done this all season, but it happens all the time. Hobbi Baya is zero for four with three strikeouts, though he did get a very surprising walk.
Speaker 2: Breaking news, breaking news, Walker Buehler will not pitch this season.
Speaker 1: Did he get shut down?
Speaker 2: That's the underdog fantasy headline that just came through. I am now looking up more information on him. Real quick note from the Dodgers. Today, the Dodgers announcing the Ryana to pitch a Rocky Bueler as a covering from Tommy John surgery, will not return during the twenty twenty three season. With I had the twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Mm that sounds like something wasn't going. You don't send him out on those Triple A appearances and then be like, oh, y and I'm not think about how much this team needs him right now. Yep, I don't think that's super good. Let's monitor that. Maybe it's a very small thing. But if you were holding onto Walker Buehler, no soup for you, Nope? Is there more update?
Speaker 2: Okay, No, that's it. That's that's wild all right.
Speaker 1: Well, price picks, it's the most fun time of leading off. Is a promo code. Use it today one matchup to one hundred bucks. So when you make your first deposit, you use that promo code, they will give you one hundred dollars and you can have so much fun with it. You can make your prize picks, which don't even have to just be baseball. So, Bubba, what are you doing for your price picks? I'm gonna take some celsius while you make your price picks.
Speaker 2: My price picks. I'm going back to the Well on Francisco and Door over eight and a half fantasy points. I love the Mets because they're facing this picture called Dallas Kikel so big fan of that one. Carry Carpenter talked about the Tigers over one and a half hits, runs and rmbis and a great matchup for Detroit against Lorenzen And then I like to be a little negative on this one code Singa Dallas Kikeel under ten combined strikeouts because Singa who has ten or more and two straight, I'll give them that is over under seven. I still don't think Kayko can strike out three, so I'm gonna take the under in that one.
Speaker 1: Now, I did see that one. When I would looked at it, I was like, Kiko's I almost like Senga is gonna have to get ninety percent of this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, they got to get them all. So I'm like, Okay, which possibility?
Speaker 1: I mean, it is definitely you know, don't say it's not, but I I kind of like that one. I actually also have a combo for my prize picks today. I'm taking Christopher Sanchez and Uri Perez k ten and a half over Sanchez. Kind of sneaky, this might have to be. This is gonna be heavily weighted on Uri Perez, but I'm also okay with that. So ten and a half over is the first. And I'm taking Zach Gallon Fantasy score twenty eight and a half. It's an algorithm. He has had two not of the best outings, so that number comes down. But when Zach Gallon is on, these are thirty five plus Fantasy score easy, so this is kind of a gift in my mind. And then I'm gonna go with Aaron Judge Fantasy score at eight and a half. On the best bets for today, I only picked two, and I kind of picked the same realm of them because I got I mean, I was one for two on the last show. The Diamondback Colorado first five hit in the first inning, but the other two were just so brutal. Kansas City scored two runs that hurt me, and then all Max Scherer was also like embarrassingly bad, so those butts. So I went back to the well for an easy play, and my two easy plays here were the Arizona Diamondbacks today through the first five to be up by one run. This was plus money last night. And the Cups are a great team. This is that Gallon going, I don't care if it's on the road. Diamondbacks up by one run through the first five that was plus one twenty. And then I'm going with Boston through the first five innings plus half of a run that was minus one. It's it's juiced, it's juiced up a little bit. But that is if they are tied, I win, plus five. If they're up, I win. So those are my two bets and first five bets. Bubba, what do you think? What do you got?
Speaker 2: Jordan Walker over one and a half total bases great American small park, going it tandre Rabbit Walkers and swinging it really well. Plus one ten. Kerry Carpenter over one and a half total basis plus one thirty five goes with my price picks there, and then Jason Deminga is to get over one and a half at plus one thirty five. I was thoroughly confused on So I'll take that one in a heartbeat. Jason de Mingus is a great matchup on Friday, so we'll run with that one.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, how are you constructing some DFS lineups today.
Speaker 2: Today we're going code saying, as my top pitcher at ten K against the Mets, I think it's the Twins Griffin Cannon eight point eight k whereus Cleveland. Kanye's actually been stinky good since the All.
Speaker 1: Stars niaky good. I almost played him in a prize picks today and I was like, I just can't do it with can't That's where I was.
Speaker 2: I was looking at his price picks. I mean, yeah, but DFS I'm in. I'm in, so yeah, I like him. And then if you need another option, you say Cacucci's eight point two against Kansas City stacks like the Mets against Kickel, obviously, Detroit versus Lorenzen, the Yankees versus Ray, All three stacks I like a lot, and Detroit gives you a ton of value, so that the Mets actually because value. Ronnie Mauricio's three point two K against Kykel, Mark Viento's continued to be far too cheap two point two K against Kaikele, and Vanto has been playing actually really really well over last week or so. And then Edward Olivera's two point eight K against Cokuchi is another value for you. But yeah, those Mets and Tigers and Yankees have some fun tonight. Where in the.
Speaker 1: World are Welsh and Corbin? Carol? You know, I got scared Bubba on Wednesday. I was like, ah, me and Carol took a break. Well what happened? He instantly got hit. So I realized I can't do that. Corbyn and I have to travel. He got right. I know, I was terrified. I was like, oh my god, so a little bit scared. So me and Corbyn we're going to continue it because if I don't do it, he's clearly going to get hurt. So where in the world did Welsh and Corbyn? Carrol the bestest of friends, Where did we travel? We've traveled so many great places this year, to the Eiffel Tower, to Prices right to even Pandora in Avatar World. We've done all those great places. The hint today was Sky. Sky was the hint. We're gonna play the video, but you have a guest when we come back. Let's think about it. You have thirty seconds, thirty seconds to guess where have we been?
Speaker 2: It was Sky.
Speaker 1: We had some interesting when my boy Donnie, I didn't uh oh yeah, here it was he said, Sky Harbor Airport. That's actually a great guest. That is the local airport out here in a Arizona. It's a horrible place. Carly said the moon. Michael said, Bermuda Triangle. That's actually a very sneaky thinking one, Bubba, do you have a guess.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get real weird with this. It's probably wrong, but I think you're running routes with sky Moore because he was wide open all day on Thursday and the ball never made it to him.
Speaker 1: Well, guess what, Corby Carroll and I oh got on the field and Patrick Mahomes even threw us the ball. Look at that, Cormick Carroll caught a ball. I caught a ball. Everybody but sky Moore. Patrick Mahomes wouldn't even look at He wouldn't throw the ball to sky More, but he threw it to Corbyn and I. We went to Kansas City, we caught balls on the field. Look how happy we are. We both got receptions. We both had more receptions and sky Moore on the opening of Thursday Night football in the season. We couldn't be happier. The great athletes we are. Patrick Mahomes, he appreciates us more than he appreciates sky Moore. Look how happy we are.
Speaker 2: And guess what? That was great? That was great? Did you like that one you said earlier? I purposely didn't say I was.
Speaker 1: Trying to screw everybody. I was trying to screw everybody up a little bit. There we did get some correct. Angelo was the first one. He said, Kansas City, penny right here, bounce right off of sky Moore's hands. Con Case. I think this is kin Case's second one, by the way, which he meant arrowhead right here. He got that. That's right. That's where we were. So hopefully you guys enjoyed that. I played sky more too. It is absolute pain. It's garbage. I'm the dumbest NFL better of all time thinking he was anything. And guess what, Patrick Mahomes. He targets me and Corman Carroll more than he targets sky Moore. So that's where we were last. Up here is our home run board and home run calls. I don't think a ton has changed. Well, actually, it looks like Tater has pushed up a little bit, and Razor Ramone is coming back. Milk cart and Razor Ramone wherever Razor is I'm still on the board at forty one, but the top five are Blue Harvester, Tater Ramon, Benchwarmer, and Bobby Good. There is a twelve homer difference, so between five and first, Blue Harvester has a very very good lead, but the top three could go to anybody and they will win a customized helmet from Corbyn Carroll that not only has his autograph but says Fantasy Pros home Run Champion, which I have right here, which I will personally be sending. So home run call, Bubba, who you sending out today?
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna ask some fun this weekend. Give me some Jayson Domingos. This kid has just been amazing and he you know, gets the Brewers Burns on Sunday could be tough, but give me some Jason Domingos.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's a good point. This is a weekend call. I'm going with Matt Olsen. I'm being cheap going up against Pittsburgh. There's a couple juicy matchups in there. I'm trying to get a few homers. I can't catch these guys, there's no chance. But I have gotten to forty so I want to maybe push to forty five. That's my goal this year. I don't remember. Someone had to remind you what Joe did last year. My only goal is to have more than Joe. I want to have the all time record of this show.
Speaker 2: He had to do pretty good because he had Aaron judge for the entire month of September.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I know it was in the forties. I want to say, I don't I don't wait, like Go Cards was usually the you know, the gatekeeper of the home run thing. It was like forty four or something. But I just want to beat Joe and I want to be the all time leader. That is the goal. So thank you guys for hanging out with us. Make sure you're back with us again next week Monday, Wednesday Friday. We're back at it. We will be answering your questions, talking about the latest news, and getting you guys all prepped for your week through the playoffs. We love you. Peanuts and cracker jacks for Bubba on Twitter at beat the Entrick. I am the Welsh on Twitter at is it the Welsh. We'll see you next time. Have a fantastic weekend.
Speaker 2: Goodbye for now.
Speaker 1: You all have as many catches as sky More did every single one of You. I Love you, Goodbye,