Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey. The league continues to squabble up as December quickly approaches. Ogn Andop has been the man at the Garden of Blade playing Peekaboo with all his different skills that's coming out and emerging. But we're here to see if the Sixers can't be reincardinated or if it's time to turn the TV off. And we'll get into all of that and more with comedian and close personal friends Lake Western on today's episode. I'm Miles Grand and now I'm producer Jabarian for Jack O'Brien. Man, you know what you could just say, you should produce a drugs. They know, they know, they know.
Speaker 2: I always want to shout him out.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, Peekaboo, guess what? Hey hey, hey, hey, this is Miles and producers Jam got mad boods dot you sorry? Looks okay? J driving spinning Saturn number My gee that's been secured. The Suffix or NBA Champions over the Double Team. Ben Blake Wexler, you are in the building. You are a friend of the pod, you are a comedian, you are a fantastic person. You have a Subaru and you are now here to talk about the NBA with us. Welcome to Miles and producer debarka man who's Tez.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Peekaboo, thank you for having me, and then Peekaboo to you too, Peekaboo You.
Speaker 1: Then thout that's AKA eight.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: They talk about none. I guess. Look, you're when you when you're normally on and Jack is on the Philadelphia seventy six ers. Do come up. You are a Philadelphian, you are a fan of the Philly teams. Let's get into the sixers are three and thirteen and sure, sure, sure, sure. Jack, I'm pretty sure called out sick because he didn't want to combine like Philly energy on this podcast. And I think he was just trying to get prepared for his family holiday. But I'm here for it. But I guess broadly, I just want to get I remember last time, I think we were talking early in the season, you were doing anything. You're like, I'm in, I'm in, baby, We're there and I'm not getting off. Jack was always like, I don't know, I don't know, I don't know, and we're like, you don't think there's something there? Where are you at right now with your Philadelphia seventy six Ers. I love it.
Speaker 3: I think this is I think where we're at is where we need to be, and it's just nights that they're finally losing in a normal way, you know, like not in a way that is so just like you know, just gut you know, like gut wrenching where it's like right. The weirdness that got the weirdness out of the way was Joel embiid gonna play did he lose forty pounds? And they off season who knows? So that was a little strange. But now they're they're hurt, they're bad, and I this is familiar and now it's almost hearkening. May I do you mind if he used the H word on this podcast Dune reference. Yeah, it might have been the heart that's the different group heart and it's going I'm thinking of the Disney Plus show Agatha Harkless, hearthless.
Speaker 1: Huh and people. Okay, you got me back, I meant peak that, Sorry, I meant people.
Speaker 3: And but yeah, it's Jared McCain is now normally it's Tyrese Maxi, who has been the sole source of joy with the Sixers, and now you have him and Jared McCain Jared McCain is such a breath of fresh air. It's almost mitigating the fact that we are half a game in front of the Wizards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you do have. I think what as of right now, isn't McCain the favorite for Rocky of the Year?
Speaker 3: I believe so, And if he's not, I don't know how he couldn't be. He's the numbers that he's been putting. This has been great.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I mean, look, I think we're both in similars. Well, I mean, like Lesbee, we're not a semi position then we got seventeen rings, but we do have the bright spots are is that we do have fantastic rookies that are are are helping alleviate some of the pain. But yeah, I'm just do you do you think? I mean, I guess just to move on, Jabari, you did put something here in the script that is a positive, just to move on from the reality of this season, and as you said, only I'm sorry, how what's the difference between you and the Washington Wizards record?
Speaker 3: Again, it's cool, So we've lost the same amount of games, We've just played one more games. So we had the opportunity to win three games where they and by the way, two games is not nothing. Having won two games is not nothing. In this league, every win is a hard victory. So shout out to the Wizards, and there are two wins. And by the time this comes out, maybe they will have two wins. Okay, yeah, probably not Yeah, maybe they'll still have two What.
Speaker 2: Miles gonna ask this question? So the reason why I'm asking is.
Speaker 1: Because I think I'm going to say yes, okay, cool.
Speaker 2: So I felt guilty last week when I mentioned this to Jack because he gave me the look of like, wait, what at what point are you in the Let's go ahead and press reset again? Now?
Speaker 1: Is that this year?
Speaker 2: Is that if it doesn't work out again next year? Or is it just are you just along for the ride regards.
Speaker 1: If I'm the Wealhi, He's like, sell at the high point that's Jabari's and I agree, again, get what you can for what you got when you got it.
Speaker 3: So there is no high point, and I think that is So Here's here's the thing. The and this is the confusing part with the team is that nobody's been we haven't had the healthy team together for more than maybe six quarters at at most so. But the issue now is we are so far, we are losing so many games, and you know, it's not like we are two stars and I'm well obviously Maxi being the third, but this is the problem when you have two stars who are have a ton of injuries throughout their history. It's like the goal now is to sneak into the playoffs. And that's right, Like that's now this early in the season to have that goal when you're having a like a maxed out Paul George, a maxed out and extended Joel Embiid, an extended Tyrese Maxi. But it should be on paper a good supporting cast. But you know, fifteen games is not nothing, and you have this great rookie who should fit in perfectly with the team, So you're right, what's the the question is is there enough time for them to get healthy and then sneak in as like an eighth seed or you know, like or sneaking through the play in and then they could be a dangerous team if they're healthy, But like, why would you expect that to be true? And if that's the case, why would you put this team together? So it's real, it really messes with your mind. But I think keep them together, keep them together for a year.
Speaker 1: And you know, I mean what like Max Embid and George have only played six minutes together as this recording. It was a great six minutes. It was six minutes. You'll better times six minutes in Heaven. I get it. I get it. But yeah, I get it. When you haven't really seen the actual product function the way it was meant to, I can see why you'd hold out to be like, can we at least see what happens here? But I think Jabbari, you and I have a much lower threshold for pain because we need to be hanging up banners or else. What is it for? What is it for? What is This is the thing though, that Paul George did say about his injury. He was saying, like, you know, as a freak accident, it's like, it's tough when this kind of stuff happens. And this is what he did say in a positive note. He said, quote just our effort and energy. I think that's one thing that we can control. Obviously, with Big Fello out myself, Tyreee just joining back, getting his rhythm, I mean, obviously we're a little limited, but I think what we can can control is just our effort, our energy and just doing things a little harder. But will change this, will change this around. I'm one hundred percent betting down on that that will change this. It's on us. We got to control what we can.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's and it's good to have a look in the room too, where that's been a big knock on Embiid, and I do think Embiid gets a lot of unfair knocks, especially for seeing what he's done in the community and what he's been through also, like not just on the court, but off the court, he has been through a lot. And also he's not a leader, which is fine, you know, like people say like, oh, he's not a leader, Like that doesn't mean he's a zero. It's just he does a ton of things. Great lead doesn't have to be one of them. So I think now, you know, Max, he's a little young to do it, but he's taken a leadership. You know, he's he's shown he's given Embiids some notes as well. So it is good to have a guy like Paul George who is so personally accomplished, in addition to like a Kyle Lowry, who I think is completely mentally checked out. But like everybody else, you know, it's it is good to have that veteran on the team.
Speaker 1: Once the effort comes in, it'll turn and turn it around.
Speaker 2: Kyle's like, this is not what I came here for. What are we doing now?
Speaker 1: All right? He's my favorite.
Speaker 3: He's the only player I enjoy watching other than Maxi and McCain on the team I love. I was a huge Villanova fan. Yeah, I can't believe I have n't become a full blown Knicks fan with the amount of Villanova players they have on there. So anyway, but you're right, it's there's some reason for positivity. It's not like every team in the East is you know, fifteen and oh so there's still time to make up some oscround.
Speaker 1: I mean, look you what the Chicago the Pacers or eight, and look there's there's there's Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, let's be rude. You win, you got three games, and you're you're back into playing conversations.
Speaker 1: So like even with that start, Yeah, yeah, that is true. Yeah, I mean I guess that's the thing is like, at what point do you think the players look at him? Like, I don't know, bro, maybe we just need to like, like how much do the players actually think about this when they're just kind of doing their own calculus, and like is it better to just kind of let this thing happen?
Speaker 2: I think to Blake's point, that's where the leadership step. That's where the leadership really comes in the play. You know, like, you know, if you've got a shaky locker room where you have a you know, a questionable roster with nobody, you know, no one in there to lead them, it's probably now where you're like you're already looking at like okay, what are what are we going to be doing over the All Star break?
Speaker 1: But you know, if you got some leadership in there, and and it's it's funny too.
Speaker 3: Now I'm gonna kind of step on my point a little by optimism a little bit, because that's that's what it's like being a Sixers fan, or the moment you see a glimmer of hope, it quickly disappears where it's there's a difference between Okay, there are veterans which should be which has the opportunity to be a leadership point position of leadership to get you through these tough times. But there are some older guys to your points who might be like, I'm in my mid to late thirties, why why am I going to am I going to dive after that ball? You know, to get into the playing tournament. So I don't know, like the young guys seem like they're still optimistic. It's it's it's a little early, but it's not that early anymore. Yeah, but yeah, yeah, I think once we're healthy.
Speaker 1: Let's see what the team looks like. Yeah, but let's stop playing people with tanking, you know people, Let's figure out, let's figure people. Okay, I just do want to say Jared McCann, though, is truly a bright spot. Like that's I'm I'm watching him and I'm like, oh, you got you got a good one. You got a great one over there. Yeah wait, what what number did he go Jared McCain, Uh, early twenties maybe yeah he was late, like it was yeah. Yeah, and.
Speaker 3: He's also a funny player to be in Philly sixteen.
Speaker 1: Oh so he was right before okay yeah yeah, wow yo, so somebody was eaten in that moment. Yeah you either got or you got. Yeah, it's great and it's such a good I'm glad it's us. I'm glad it's us. I'm glad it's hey, because we disserve. Yeah, you really do. I mean that is the one thing that I think is really hard as a Sixers fan is like you do get these players. They're like, man, this guy's given. This guy's doing it though. You know, if he believes, it's easier for me to believe that this thing can go in the right direction. I honestly hope it does, because I I just think every everybody's too talented on that team for it to just go this way. But hey, yeah, hey, hey, hey, stranger things have happened. Okay, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back, and we can talk a little bit about our own suffering because Denver absolutely has us on a leash and I don't know what to do. We'll talk about that right when we get back. And we're back. So we told y'all last week.
Speaker 4: We're saying, hey, the game of the week, everybody tune in for this matchup when the Nuggets play the Lakers, and guests, just looking at the trajectories of the teams right now, this looks like this might be a nice a nice time, potentially a less traumatic time for the Lakers.
Speaker 1: Oh what a shock and surprise that was. I mean, i've I started off. I was like, okay, okay, okay, we're doing something this It was such a I feel like I wish I had a heart rate monitor on like during watching that, because in the beginning it was like and I was like yes, yes, yes, and then I think my heart flat lined along with like the team's effort. In the second half. I was just like this, No, I didn't even react. I was like, I think, out of self preservation, went into a place where I had to just sort of turn off my senses although I was watching it happen in real time. To me, I just couldn't be bothered to have a like a a nervous my nervous system to respond to that.
Speaker 3: Well, you sleep with a defibrillator on for that reason, right like before you go to bed. It's like a mouthguard to you. But yeah, sticky electricity, yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: Whenever I go into a feb or something, yeah, I need something like that. It happens a lot.
Speaker 2: For further context, at the beginning of the season, when the Lakers were ten and four, it was you know, we would text during the games, Jack would reach out, Hey, guys, are looking good. We don't even talk anymore, Like this is our first time speaking since last you know, since the last episode.
Speaker 1: The predictable arc of being a Lakers fan is happening, you know what I mean, Like we'll gas ourselves up even though it's so early in the season and act like it's a rap. Then at the slightest sign of trouble, we will absolutely spike our beliefs onto the floor and go into some dark place. And then you and then you do this pretty much like you cycle through this every three weeks. Is kind of how it feels.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But honestly, when it comes when it comes to this matchup, like sometimes the team just has.
Speaker 1: Your number that's winning. Yeah, you go.
Speaker 2: Thirteen and two against a team that's also competitive and you have their number. It's just that simple. The Lakers were up ten points in the first half of that game. Danver goes on a fifth fifty to seventeen run in the second half like.
Speaker 1: Tough to win thows, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they hadn't quite built up enough of a lead to overcome that fifty to seventeen run.
Speaker 1: It's a momentum game. You know, it was not in our favor at all. I mean, what was JJ saying at the end? I saw that he had some harsh words, but I part of me was like, JJ, I don't I know, I know what I'm looking at. But was heis he seemed a little bit.
Speaker 2: It was a little bit of both. He initially said like, yeah, it's an aberration, like this is not you know, this is not who we've been all year, and it's like a true Hey, but JJ, let me tell you something. This is who we have been since against the Denver Nuggets over the years or years to be like this ain't new. But he basically acknowledged like it looked like the team stopped competing in the second half, particularly in the fourth quarter. And he's exactly right, like there's really not much else to say there.
Speaker 1: They're a bit of a sustainability issue, you know, when you're when we when we look at our record, and he's point differentially, I thought we were fine. I didn't even realize this, Jamar, until you put this into the rundown. Were so I guess it's us in the Spurs are somehow like the two teams over five hundreds with negative point differences. We're a half minus point five but still yeah, us and the Suns Yeah yeah company. And as if this recording, we will be playing moments from now, so we shall see how that goes. What do you think there? I mean, obviously the will know what happened, But is this gonna be an L tonight?
Speaker 2: You think it's about to be an L? I don't know if you're asking Blaker.
Speaker 1: Yeah or me, but I'm asking then I'll ask Blake. I know he'll say it's an L because he likes to make me feel great. They they've got.
Speaker 2: Kadi coming back, They've got Katie and you know coming back into the lineup tonight.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What's some status saw is that he hasn't heaved a shot in like seven years or something like that, like at half to or like as the Kevin Durm just does not He just he doesn't like it affecting his stats. He is not down with the heave. Yeah, yeah, yeah, maybe changes.
Speaker 3: Didn't they change that rule where now it doesn't count against your stats anymore if you're doing like a full court shot at the end of the Did I read that?
Speaker 2: I may have heard something either. I saw that on Twitter or something. But yeah, I do remember hearing that, and if that's the case, yeah, why are we not even anymore? Because that I used to be the one yelling at the yelling at the TV when the guy took the extra dribble just because like what, Yeah, look man, if that that could have made a difference, that could have made.
Speaker 1: A different exactly. Yeah, twenty seventeen eighteen season was the last way you would catch Kevin Durant good for messing with his stats like he knows, he knows the middle. But anyway, yeah, Lakers, whatever, I'll check back on you. Yeah, I guess tonight where we're at. So the other thing we do have to talk about is that there are teams that are doing undeniably well. Unfortunately, there are two teams that are diametrically opposed to my fandom. But nonetheless we try to be objective in saying that they are doing well and it's scary, and I can be objective in saying I don't like it, those teams being the Clippers and the Celtics. Chris Stabs persingis is back, why do's not You don't get to do that, You don't get to do that, You don't need that. Jason Tatum is so angry about this summer improving us just trying to be like you think it's not clearly but yeah, I I just can't. I mean, they are they are looking unbelievably good still the Celtics, and and sort and sort of the Clippers. I gotta say, they're doing all right. They're doing all right despite the the motions, uh in terms of like the roster, but yeah, I are are we It's it's the Celtics is gonna win again? All right? That's the question.
Speaker 2: I mean, Blake here, maybe maybe he's gonna.
Speaker 1: Disagree, say something different real quickly, like, yeah, come on, Celtics is gonna win this thing again, not if.
Speaker 3: James Harden has anything to say about it. I think speaking of consistency and discipline, I think that the Clippers. I think the Clippers will be able to get in the way. Have you been to the new stadium, by the way yet, I am into it, you know, into it, I really go.
Speaker 1: When I heard that there were USB chargers and every seat, I was like, I know where I'm charging my phone. I'm oh, I'm coming in with zero percentage. I mean, it makes sense. You got Microsoft background. You're gonna you're gonna be thinking about the tech in there. And yeah, it looks like a beautiful, beautiful stadium and the wall looks pretty uh formidable, I must see. That's what they call it, right, the wall.
Speaker 2: Durant even commented on Eddie said, like, yeah, it adds to the you know, you know, to the overall.
Speaker 1: Intimidation for sure, because that's the thing. Like it's not because ticket prices can be so high, you know, like it affects the energy like in the arena, so like to have something that is really emphasizing. It's like, bro, if we catch you in here with the wrong colors on, it's a wrap for you, get out. I'm like, this is I can get done with that. But you say you so South because you said argum when Blake or what do you think he just said? Oh not if James Harden has anything to do with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's it's gonna be. It's gonna be the Celtics. I feel like, yeah, it sucks to say, but it's it's funny because they've been so like you said, they've been doing so well without poor Zengis and they'll need to because he's another guy who you don't know if he's gonna play or not. Like we saw it last year in the playoffs, he came back like late in the playoffs and and on like made an impact. But I don't know who beats them, I really, I know they're in your conference. But I would love to see, okay, see take a step. But they're just one of those teams where I have no personal vendetta against them for some reason, and I would love to see I would love to see them take a step. But I don't know who stops them in the East. Like obviously the Cavs are playing well, but I don't think that's a real team.
Speaker 1: You don't think that's you think it's gonna flame out. Yeah, there's no It's gotta be nice for the first eighteen game games or you'll win games one. But then but I mean, they've looked the way they were finishing last season. You're like, if this is the case, then they might they might have something to say. But I mean you look at the Eastern Conference. Celtics are in first, or Cleveland's and first, Celtics in second, the Magic are in the third, and then Knicks are and fourth. I cannot believe the the Orlando Magic are doing so well without Paolo. But I do gotta say the one team personally I would hope that could dethrone the Celtics would be the Knicks. I just I love the Knicks as a franchise. I love their history and og Andobi is, what did Kendrick Perkins say? Was he saying that he looked like Scottie Pippen, Like they got a Scottie Pippen region right now? And other people I've heard be like, it's more like Spurs Era Kawhi, maybe there's.
Speaker 2: Something who incredibly players like.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's a that's a hot take. But at the same time, og Ananoby is definitely like the I'm looking at that team and I'm like, this is this is this was such a great move.
Speaker 2: Look coming into here. You know, I jumped out the window with it saying the yeah that Knicks are going to throw them them. They came in the opening night and that was it was. It was a parent that that was not.
Speaker 1: Going to be the case.
Speaker 2: But I'm starting to believe again, now do I believe that? You know, would I take the Knicks against them in the series, No, but what I would like to see is, you know, maybe it's a death by a thousand cuts situation. Maybe it isn't just a cake a total cake walk to the finals, and that's you know, I'm not sure. I'm not gonna know relitigate. They just want a title.
Speaker 1: And they deserved it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I would like to see them at least struggle a little bit, because you know, the reality is, it's not fun to just say, yeah, you gave a team that was always pretty good to really good. You gave them in an eighteen month period. Derek White, Drew Holliday and Christaph Porzingis because the reality is that's a stack squad that plays, you know, all play together. You know, it's it's the Celtics. But it's very difficult for me to actually hate them, even though.
Speaker 1: I'm supposed to maintain that bit. No, it is one of the things like for me, my beef as will like past individual Celtics players as a franchise obviously because of the rivalry. But I think we've been saying this last year. I'm like, but I like, I don't dislike a lot of the players like they're at individuals. Yeah, yeah, I like I think they're cool, Like, I don't hate on them, but yeah, just the jersey I just can't kind of get down with. But yeah, I'm I'm hoping that the Knicks will maybe level things out just a bit. But we'll see. We will see game of the week. Should we talk about what we think the game of the week should be this week? And and and Blake, this is where I will let you decide. We will. This is where we want the guest to pick as well. We got the Emirates NBA Cup on Friday night. Here are the three matches that we're considering. Thunder at Lakers, Nicks at Hornets with look LaMelo and b Miller looking really fun together. That could be a fun one. Clippers at Wolves. Then Saturday we have the Warriors at Suns and then Sunday we get a little we can test some theories out a little bit because we are going to see the Celtics at the Calves and Nuggets at the Clippers. Between all of those, what are you saying, what's the homework for all of our mad Boosti's listeners that we're going to check back in on. Obviously, let's just I'm gonna just say we don't need to ever even we don't need to put the Lakers and Thunder in contention because I want to have a nice weekend, you know, I want to joy myself. I want to join my obvious. But for you, Blake, what do you think do? What are you excited about and what do you think we should keep eye on?
Speaker 3: I think it's Calves Celtics, like we were just talking about, Like, I think that's when you see a young team that's racking up so many wins and a hot team, especially with this, and then when they run into the who the like what the incumbent is, you know, like which are the Celtics, especially after they got prizingis because it's gonna be interesting watching the Celtics too. Is zinc is just going to be able to be put right back into the fold. And I think that's that's definitely the game for me. And then a very close second Thunder and Lakers. But I know we're not allowed to and I know you're one to enjoy your weekend, So yeah, Celtics.
Speaker 1: I mean, who knows, the knowing, the just the irony of the universe, like it might end up being a fantastic Lakers when but it's also very possible it won't be. I say it, so I will be.
Speaker 2: I'm reverse. That's why I said they were gonna lose with the Sun tonight.
Speaker 1: I'm guarantee they're gonna be yes. But yeah, well who was it was no, we didn't have the magic in any of those the magic though, I'm I need to watch a little bit. We need to start at to them. Yeah. It was always a thing like I remember in the off season like, oh, they're adding some pieces and you know, like the defenses together, and now they are they're they're eking them out. I mean, for the longest time, I was like, what about k CP, But well, I'm sure he'll check in in the season like he always does.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, they scrap. They you know, you know you played them. They're as physical as any other different defenst that's out there.
Speaker 1: Have the marks on your body after playing.
Speaker 2: The fact that they've only had polo for like four games and are still in third place and you know, like yeah, and they are playing this well it kind of it kind of negates a lot of our a lot of our excuses for our squads when we're missing people, and that's that's not a shot at you, Blake, I promised that I.
Speaker 1: Didn't even pick up that.
Speaker 3: I didn't I didn't even pick up on I was just counting all the Fosters that were on the Magic and I'm met to Wagners so far, and I don't know if there's more. But yeah, that's that's as far as I've gotten so far.
Speaker 2: Versus the US.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which you take?
Speaker 2: Who's winning?
Speaker 1: Who do you take? I mean, it's not how I had question.
Speaker 2: Might be I think I think, I think I think Gianni will put both of those books.
Speaker 1: Yeah maybe, yeah, yeah, no matter, his brother Janice will find another.
Speaker 3: Giannie's mother could play with him and it wouldn't matter. Yeah, just spot up just about the hangover.
Speaker 1: There, All right, Shall we take another break and come back with the Fastest Question Answer? Segment All Podcasting History, Sports Podcasting History. I heard Podcasting History. Yes, I think we shall. We'll be right back, and we're back. Blake Wexler, you are a great guy. We'd love having you on the show. But you know you messed up because we come into the final act of the show, which is the fourth quarter rapid fire round the question the best question Next segment All Podcasting history. I hope you're ready because we're gonna be extra rude with you today because I don't like being Pika bood. I love Peekaboo. Yeah. Look, And obviously for the listeners who are being annoyed by our constant references to the Kendrick Lamar album gn X, I'm sorry. Is West West coast y'all over here? And that's just what happens.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I got a pop album.
Speaker 1: Show is what it is. Sometimes you do, some times you do. Sometimes you gotta do a pop shoven on a skateboard by Okay Blake. Here's the first question, question number the first. We're playing pick up basketball with the cast of Full House, but not the actors, the characters from Full House. We just got the first pick and took Michelle Tanner aka the Olsen Fnce because technically that might be an ex that might be a man advantage. Okay, I'm thinking outside. Well, you get two, Yeah, yeah, you get two. It's a two for one. That's a two for one. There's a two way player, you know what I mean. It's a human snake draft exactly. Yeah, that's our pick. Who are you taking next?
Speaker 3: I am taking Uncle Jesse, but in the bald cap from today. So he put the bald cap on. So now he clearly he's a little bit more aerodynamic, he's a little faster, he's been around the block.
Speaker 1: So I'm going that's actually no, no, no, you fundamentally misundertood the question. And I will stop you right there, because this is about that is your you are. You're referencing John Stamos, the bald cap and solidarity with Dave Coolier a ka Uncle Joey. Now I will allow you one more time to not completely botch the segment. But who which Herrick der are you picking within the reality of the full House Tanner verse?
Speaker 2: Miles, can we give him? Can we give him another up? Can he take John Stamos? But only if he's the sore loser version for Entourage, the one that could.
Speaker 1: No, No, we're not We talked about Talke. We're not intersecting. We're not intersecting television universes. We did that a while back and it went completely blew up on us. Right, It's funny.
Speaker 3: I generally pushed back on rules, but I think you can tell when someone's on the verge of snapping if you do that, And Miles is definitely in that category right now. So I'm just gonna play by the rules here. They're like you had nose bleed right now, No, slow dress something, slowly back out of the room. Don't turn your back because you will be attacked. All right, I'm gonna go. Honestly, I'm going Kimmy Gibbler. I think there's something there. I think they might have a frenetic style, you know what I mean, like a good distributor and a lot of energy. I think kim bring the energy, Yeah she will.
Speaker 1: I feel like, wow, that's really good because I can immediately see Kimmy Gibler just laying fully out to get just anything, just to be like no, no, no, I will chase down any you know what. I'm picturing horizontal like this again Superman with the ball. I don't know why I only attribute that to Kimmy gil Maybe because she has like one of the more interesting personalities of all those characters.
Speaker 3: Like Gary Payton's son energy. That's what I'm looking GP two or GP three, whichever number three or three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think that's I think that was it. I think that was it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But you know, I don't I don't mean to be a jerk about this, but you know you really got to keep this gold. So, I mean, you've been on the show many times. We called you a friend of the show at the beginning. You we really appreciate, We really look forward. Don't don't make exactly so chance? Sorry, here you go again?
Speaker 1: Can you interrupt?
Speaker 2: Did you not hear me?
Speaker 3: Okay, so real good? The plugs in, the plugs in the into it dumb? Now does that work as like a firetable for apple parts or is it purely a us beauty lug?
Speaker 1: Do you have to bring your own? It's USBC obviously. Can we move on? I've answered the question.
Speaker 2: A chance of happening Sixers turn it around and get to the Eastern Conference finals.
Speaker 1: Scored the Lakers? When a title the season, It's the Lakers. It's not close. Are you serious? Yeah, it's not even close? All right? No, nothing good?
Speaker 3: That would mean something Blake, something good as all happening to the Philadelphia seventy six ers or something that happens fairly frequently in NBA circle.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's definitely the Lakers. It's not close, all right, that's okay? Like, are you a native Philadelphia? I'm from there. Yeah, yeah, okay, then this question is very important. Okay, you are taking me out to one restaurant in Philly to prove that you are a true Philadelphian, not this stuff that they show you on the Food Network, something that real salt of the earth. Philadelphians a restaurant, they know that it is just they guard that. They're like, bro if okay, okay, if you're really from Philly, you know about this spot. Where are you taking me? And what are we eating?
Speaker 3: This is the easiest question I've ever had to answer. There is a place in the Fairmount neighborhood of Philadelphia. There's a McDonald's on the corner. It's actually underneath. Uh, it's this Irish restaurant. Yeah. No, it's called the Place. The restaurant I would recommend over any restaurant in Philadelphia. It's called Bad Brother, and it's in the Fairmount neighborhood of Philadelphia. The only reason why I'm not gate gate keeping it is I live in New York now and they deserve all. They're already getting like a ton of business there. But it's in a neighborhood. So in Philly there's no zoning, so you can just have any business you want in a neighborhood. So it's nestled amongst residences like cool, old rot like brick row homes, and you walk in you could have like a gourmet duck meal or the best burger you'll ever have. But the food, great beer selection, great drinks. The people who work there are all awesome. But the meal that I would get, in my opinion, the best sandwich in Philadelphia. It's the sausage roll that they have there, and it's essentially a cheese steak, but instead of cheese steak, they use chrezo and they put like this delicious onion pepper, like homemade Queso mixture over it, and it is so good. I honestly I wouldn't be able to get there in time. I want to just leave and go there right now and eat it like I would. It's it's unreal. So wow, bad brother.
Speaker 1: This is that if you tell someone from Philadelphia, like, oh, don't bob that brother. Oh okay, okay, you are now knowing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, give people are now knowing about it because it's just started getting written up and it's it's great. It's the best. It's great. They have this really like to bring the NBA into it. They have this art there that I have drunkenly tried to buy on six occasions of Mike Scott the basketball player, Mike Scott roaring in a black and white photo, and I keep trying.
Speaker 1: They would never sell it to me. They would.
Speaker 3: They were just like, yeah, you can't obviously have that. We're not selling the art. I also probably couldn't afford it. But yeah, it's a bad brother the best, It's the best. It's the best.
Speaker 2: Oh, we're gonna keep the positivity going. We know about the nagatives. What is your dopest memory as a Sixers fan?
Speaker 3: Dopest memory, I mean, it's hard not to say the step over it was and by yeah, it's don't be too devastated by that. It's not like you had too much trouble with us after for that in the two.
Speaker 1: Thousand I was okay with yeah, yeah, yeah, but he was.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think because now watching Saquon Barkley play for the Eagles, I'm like, have I ever seen a Philly athlete like this? And Iverson's own during my lifetime? Iverson is the closest one. So the two thousand and one team before you swept us for the rest of the playoffs in the finals was.
Speaker 1: Blemish in the postseason two. Yes, yes, yes, yeah, that was one. Yeah, the way that shook me to my core though, Yeah, I was like, oh, y'all, I'm going to sleep through these finals. I don't even care. And after that I was like at.
Speaker 3: Home and then yeah, yeah yeah, and then the weirdest team like and in that year because we had a lot of accolades that year, where it was Iverson m VP, Aaron McKee, sixth man, Matumbo, rest In Peace was a Defensive Player of the Year, and I believe Larry Brown might have been Coach of the Year or two. And yeah, it was a really fun year and also the only finals I've ever seen and probably the last finals they'll ever make.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, they'll do it. We'll run it back. We'll run it back. We'll run it back. We'll run it back. See in the finals this year.
Speaker 2: There's always the one in season, you know.
Speaker 1: Exactly, Yes, we can already got out of that. Actually, you know, we're the owners, so we got it. We have to defend the cup. We have to defend the cup obviously, and we will starting tonight with the Suns. Oops. Who knows what happened in that game? And we will find out later on. But there you have it, Blake, somehow you hit us with every single correct answer. I don't know how you did that? How'd you do that? How did I do that? Can I can? I tell you a secret? Yeah? Pick a boot all right? So I gotta be honest. That one got me, Okay, Blake Wexler, You're the best in the business for a reason. Blake, Where do they find you? Follow you, hear your albums even and see you live? Well, you can see me live.
Speaker 3: December fifth, I'm going to be a Helium Comedy club in Philadelphia, and then another big date March fifteenth. I'm going to be in LA at the Ice House over in Pasadena, So not La technically, but Pasadena near near. I believe there's a bowl over there. I know you have the cup. This rowle's filled with roses and my stand up comedy special. Blake Wexler Daddy Long Legs is streaming for free on YouTube and afflet Wexler on all social.
Speaker 1: Media Boom boom boom. You can follow us at the hashtag mad Boosties m Ad b O S T I E S. That's where you get should links, That's where you get you know, ways to enter the discord server where you can shout with other Boostis listeners, shout out to everybody in the scored. You can follow me on Twitter at Miles of Gray and also same handle on Blue Sky Miles of Gray.
Speaker 2: Then me I'm at Jori David A. Davis on Twitter and JABORI Davis NBA to keep it old.
Speaker 1: School on Blue School Nice. I love when I love how like those the NBA like NBA Twitter, Like everyone who has like their specific NBA Twitter handle. You know that's a sign of a professional. Yeah, made up a weird name, like I was like a knight of some kind of kingdom called Gray. Anyway, that'll do it for us today. You got your homework. You are going to be watching the Celtics at Calves on Sunday, three pm Pacific time on NBA TV because maybe it's it's going to be a clash of Titans for sure at this point in the season, so we shall see how that ends up. Hopefully a bit different from the NBA Cup game. For those of us who would like to see the Cavs win, all right, the next time we will see you. Then, okay, speak about
Speaker 2: You're sure, you're sure s