Speaker 1: On today's episode the Command Center Podcast, we got a Saints recap, kind of a gut check offense. I thought Jane Daniels had a fantastic game despite those eight sacks, and we talk defense the Marshawn Lattimore effect, and then we risk it for the biscuit with our Eagles preview.
Speaker 2: Ye, and do we throw the kitchen sick at them? And which is better? Fred offense deep big wrong man wrong wrong.
Speaker 1: And then we got a very special episode, my favorite episode of.
Speaker 3: Hell Yeah and hell No, hook a bear Free?
Speaker 1: Do you like to fish? It all starts right now. Welcome into the comand Center Podcast. I'm Logan Paulson here with Fred Smoot and Santana Moss. And just remind you we are presented by Cognire Technology, Secure Today, Shape Tomorrow, Yes Day. Thank you Cognire because without that and we can't do this show, so really appreciate it all right now, that gets us right? Oh, first off, housekeeping, Yeah, just a reminder, Fred and Santana we will be doing a show. It will air on Christmas Day, yes, so make sure if you guys are you know, going to someone's.
Speaker 3: House and you're just sitting there, you want to.
Speaker 1: Talk about some football with some family and it's going to be a special episode because you have a bakeoff.
Speaker 4: Yes, we do Freddy crock Freddy Cracker, Freddy Crocker, a beating.
Speaker 1: And just a reminder of friends down by one in the series with Anna already with Anna producer Anam and she she's coming big. What are you guys doing?
Speaker 4: Uh, we're doing actually two, we're doing a cake and a wild card.
Speaker 2: Because yeah, she was at the end of the day She's like, I can't do a full platter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's too much. I'm doing some devilly strawberries.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm excited for that. Man, I'm excited for them.
Speaker 3: Ain't all that good? No, no, he's saying the strawberries. So I'm trying to see how you gonna make it.
Speaker 4: To think about it, instead of that cream that you lose on devily eggs, I used this.
Speaker 3: You use cheese cake, South cheesecake, so they icing and the cheesecake.
Speaker 4: The cheesecake actually, so it's cheesecake own scrawberries.
Speaker 3: But it looks like it's cutting hand.
Speaker 1: What's what's the color of that?
Speaker 3: I'm looking forward. It's gonna be red cream with a little crush to it.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, as long as it's not white, because whites.
Speaker 4: Just because of it.
Speaker 2: All right, So yeah, make sure you check that out. That'll be on Christmas Day.
Speaker 1: All right. Now, let's get to this, uh Saints recap. It's kind of a gut check win. You know, on your show postgame postgame show talking about how this was kind of a character win, character win. Let's talk about it, high level thoughts. I guess we can start with Fred because it hurts him not to talk. So Fred, high level thoughts in the game.
Speaker 3: Character win. It took all three facets.
Speaker 4: Offense dominated the first half, defense dominated a special team the second half.
Speaker 3: Situational football.
Speaker 4: We usually lose these type games, these these these last play, last drive games. They're finding ways to win them. No matter what adversity they have to go through. They found a way and not only did they do it, they did it then they and it's hard to play in New Orleans, man, Like, that's a crazy environment. So to go there and have this win, because think about it, when you get to the playoffs, the games won't be for the point wins, like they're gonna look exactly like what happened Sunday.
Speaker 3: So character win for me finding a way to win the game.
Speaker 4: We watch Kansas City have twelve character wins this year, like nobody talks about. But our fan base get scared and get tight when we win these tight games. When you need to be applau that your first year quarterback is learning how to win these games.
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, it's tough to come off a buy and get a role victory period. You know, you know how tough those tho You know what I mean? Like I mean you we played in uh you count them and name them. Were playing a lot of games out there, buy and we come out select. You come out thinking that, okay, we can just go out here and roll out here and we should be fresh. No, when the guys have a jump on you and they being able to have a game the week prior, No matter how much film you watch, it's hard to get going after that NFL speed. So I'm happy that we got the win because of that reason. Then I'm also happy because a lot of adversity happened throughout that game that we could have easy to just say, man, you know what, it's not going our way. You know, when you talked about it's hard part to playing New Orleans. No, that was that was that was New Orleans. I guess you can call that the New Orleans Commanders because it was more Commanders fans in there. At one point you never even heard the damn Saints fan. You know it was it was Terry. You heard them screaming Terry and defense. I'm like, we home, we traveled, so our fans traveled well, man. I mean the night before with the Go Go band, me and me and b Mitch went out to the Empire and you thought you was in d C somewhere. It was all Commanders fans for a reason, because if you decide how Bourbon Street and Street look after, we knew we wanted to saw you the next morning for work. So listen, means everywhere we all need. We also hit the responsible thing and was an adults and came in by eleven o'clock, so we knew Fred would have been out. We need to check that evidence. I need to check the you would have saw me and a damn lobby going up to my room. But I'm just happy man as a whole, that they was able to go up there with adversity and with everything that went on we've been on the road and still get the win, and now you can have something, you know, to be happy about looking at film this week going into one of our toughest games this season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I also think you know, you talk about the adversity. I think that's really good context. Like just getting the road win. That's a tough It's a tough trip, right, it's a tough trip, and so like getting the road wind is good and we're not here to like absolve them of all of any negative things that happened or things they could do better.
Speaker 2: We're just saying that's a tough win. Also, I think the.
Speaker 1: Injuries, like getting Zach Er it's hurt early, getting Tyler Beatis doesn't play, Jasey Chen gets out early.
Speaker 4: Like the wild Boards really was affected by Beyondish not being a big time.
Speaker 3: When I saw couldn't run the ball, I was like, oh man, this is you don't miss something to his gone, this is beyond us right here. I mean, I knew it probably gonna have a little effect, but I didn't think it was gonna He's.
Speaker 4: The anchor being in that offensive life. He's the reason the wild Boards are playing like they.
Speaker 1: And again like this will get into this morning we talk about the offense, but you know, like a more technical breakdown is like New Orlean's gotten some different fronts, like different spacings up front, and you could just tell that Deeter.
Speaker 3: Was not I couldn't see everything well.
Speaker 1: Not quite aware, and like he had a couple of mandial mistakes and and and have been been been a guy who's coming off the bench, Like unless you're prepping really hard, it can be really hard.
Speaker 3: And think about it like this, and let's put that into context. All week long, you with the scout team and then you hear game morning, game day morning, Oh you know, might be down and you got to start, and you're just like, so what he was he prepared? You see what I'm saying, was he did he have any inklin coming into the he might happen he didn't. They wouldn't have imagine not being prepared. Like you're thinking, like, man, I work this week, I got I got this, I got Sunday off. You know, I'm good. I don't have to worry about to definitely go watch these guys go outd and dominate and then they I get the phone call, Hey, come down early. You're gonna be on the first bus because you gotta put you're gonna be the Senate the day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, dude, it's uh. And it's one of those things like I think that's a really way great way to paint the picture. But like you really if you're a backup, and this is why you get paid. Backups get paid a lot of money. Yeah, you gotta prep every single week, like and it's so hard to do that because usually you get an in clean like oh, he's got a tight hamstring on Thursday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you talking to each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably gonna play. But to get that illness, that's gonna be so I thought that was a great job to handle the university. The other thing I think, on kind of a brighter note is the defense is starting to come together. We're gonna talk about that more specifically in a second. And to me, I know we're gonna talk a lot about Jane Daniels eight sacks, but this in watching the film was maybe his best game of the year.
Speaker 2: Like he played so well and talking about.
Speaker 1: Someone he looked fresh, came who came out of the by looking really good. He was one of those I.
Speaker 4: Think it was a deep curl round maybe in between two people. I don't know if it was a curl round when I say he lays with their ball in the.
Speaker 3: How about that third down to the crosser coming on that third down and he threw it between three people like it was safety. It was a corner who was trailing throwing just went like. It's like he had a damn you know throw.
Speaker 4: He had defeited in there. And you remember who I compared him too early in the year. I said random when he put the ball that was that in the back of the end zone, I said.
Speaker 3: Get it. First thing I saw, the first thing I said to myself. When I saw that, I was like, well, damn, they go rand do just like and then to get off the ground and just let it rip like that, you know what. That's just having trust and Terry's gonna come to nine time out of ten seventeen.
Speaker 4: My due gonna come down along with I put it in a safe space, in a good spot, and I was like, man, this dude is out here break days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then that throw is amazing. That play was amazing. But then the other touchdown he had a Terarry the one down at the other end was incredible. Just the arm and again like he just looked fresh, he looked like his rotational power was back. I mean the third and one.
Speaker 4: Where you make those words of rotation of pole like I've never heard it.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's what it is.
Speaker 3: It's rotational tours. Definitely what it is.
Speaker 1: And then the play that he had on that third one where the defensive bend hits him and then he breaks the tackles, or the fourth and one where he jumps over the pile, the third and fifteen, like, those are amazing plays and we're gonna do a breakdown of this in the show this week.
Speaker 3: But problem solved.
Speaker 1: He had he had one where his his eye movement was incredible. There's I mean, I just this was from a quarterback stand. But again we'll talk about the eight sacks more when we get to the offense. But the playmaking elevation was just incredible. All right, So that's gonna lead us. That's our kind of general thoughts. Now let's talk about something that I think we all want to talk about a little bit, and that's the outside kind of adversity that we saw. And again, like tough place to play, but also there were some there were some calls in this game. We're not going to talk about I hate talking about the refs. I hate talking about the refs, but means like the like the rain, like the wind, like the snow. They have an effect on the game. And I think you see a market difference between the first half and the second half of this game because of the penalties.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the penities was there, you can't but you know, like we said, it's being X players. We don't like the nag about it because could you send me that letter the next day?
Speaker 1: My bad?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah that was that Actually shouldn't have been a penal.
Speaker 3: Well, my homeboy just got fined.
Speaker 4: It happens in this one of those things where it was just a couple of things that made people upset. Like let's be honest, and I'm gonna have to tell you at the end of the game, when I watched that clock stop, I thought I.
Speaker 3: Was in the matrio. I thought I was in the matri And then to get the remarks that we got after was like, oh yo, we messed up.
Speaker 2: And it's a non reviewable none yet.
Speaker 4: When I say but I heard unreviewable, the first thing came to my mind is a play where they do take away seconds like intentional ground, like when a quarterback intentional grounds Like I was like, you can do this and run off the clock. You can run that clock.
Speaker 1: And so it was funny because I was watching the game on the sideline, You're kind of looking at personnel they're gonna get on the ball, and then Bram is losing his mind. On the broadcast, they stopped the cock.
Speaker 3: They stopped the cock, like no.
Speaker 1: Way, they stopped the clock. And again, like it felt like a college it really because right when they got the first down in college and under stops and I felt like the person was like, oh, let's stop the clock. And then it's like, oh, we're in the NFL.
Speaker 3: Yeah. There was things throughout the game that I was sitting there standing myself. Bro. This reminds me of the Chicago Bears, where it was just it wasn't everything was going against us no matter what we did, right, they when one good play. And so when you're in a game like that, regardless of the officials being hard on you or not, it's just hard to come away with a victory. And that's why I was like so enlightened that we did because I'm like, Bro, that was tough, but when you got three to nine.
Speaker 1: That's and I'm not saying Tana that like that, that that's the that the rest perfect. But but what I am saying is that if you look at the difference between the defense and the first half and the second half, it's really it's really three penalties in the second half extending drives.
Speaker 2: Like that's the difference, you know what I'm saying, And that's really.
Speaker 1: What I'm putting out. That was like why, It's like, why is the why is the defense playing this game? It's it's literally, you gotta get off on the field on third down, and you have three penalties one third and long situations that let them stay on the field. And so then the next play they find explosive play, the one in the red zone, the one in the end zone where they get the personal file for illegal head contact or whatever it was, there's a completion of the tight end and then they had fifteen yards on top of that and you're in the fifty yard line. So again, like that's one I'm pointing out that I'm not saying like the refs are perfect little angels because they stopped the clock with nine nine seconds ago. They made mistakes and that's what I'm kind of well, also.
Speaker 4: I have got called for this play one hundred times where we get into I'm trailing on the deep route.
Speaker 1: We'll play, We'll play. Youre talking about it. So Terry had those three deep shots in the game and then the last one I think, but just.
Speaker 4: The last one pop last one or something.
Speaker 3: There was the last one and the one day that pops up and tried to go get it again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, I have ran.
Speaker 3: Into why I received was in the flag comes it's a flag because no, why because you're running and I'm trying to slow down but I'm not turning out, turning back. You're not looking back.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But then and again like it's so funny, it was.
Speaker 3: It was. It had a great area in there where you can say, what he's going for the ball because the ball was coming down as he ran into him. Yeah you see what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But then there is the one in the end zone with no igbinoghany where he kind of runs into pedus and you're like they could call that, but they didn't, Thank god. You know what I mean. They's just football. And that's why I hate talking about the refs because if you went, like, when you go back and watch y'all twenty two, you're like, that's a hold, that's a personal foul, that's a face like on the personal foul in the end zone. I'm standing like literally right behind the end zone. Frankie Luvu gets tackled by the guard and the other guard face masks him, So like, could you have called that? Could it have been offsetting penalties? Absolutely could have negated that down, But it just depends on what they can see, and I think a lot of times they don't.
Speaker 4: It's always going to be a human area in it because if you actually asks a machine to do that, they can cow hold it on every place. Yeah, so it technically it's a flowl thing.
Speaker 1: And Tenny, you brought this up too, like you're like, oh, is that b rob Like remember that one where they did the zone read and be robbed trying to block it?
Speaker 3: Looks like he's just oh I missed him. Let me just touch his hand. But you said being down.
Speaker 1: But at the time, I was like, if they didn't call that, you're probably okay. If they call that, they're also right. But it's also like that's why it's so subjective. It can be so frustrating. But I will say the guys did a good job. I thought of handling the adversity around some of these tough posts keep fighting.
Speaker 3: So also just listening to some of the players, I believe he had sentence still after the game on the Game Day Live show postgame show, and he seems like man always well dressed too. I mean, he.
Speaker 1: Doesn't come in guy.
Speaker 3: Wesley Snipes dressed. Man, he's come in there with that, like you know. He was one of the no yeah, he need no brains, but no, Honestly, I think he mentioned I'm not sure if it was him with someone else mentioned it, but they mentioned that Dan prepared them, letting them know before the game, this dude just pulled. He just sit there and drunk nine meter Leaders of Award. But one of those guys mentioned that, Okay, that's what it was, that he basically prepared them. Hey, these this recruit, this crew caused a lot of penalties. You know, be ready, so not to know and.
Speaker 1: You remember, like Mike, you said that too for us, No.
Speaker 3: Exactly, but what I'm saying is what I'm saying is to be prepared for and then to actually see it happens. Yeah, it's a difference. So you can say, while we're sitting here saying we get these guys full credit for overcoming it. They almost knew, you know what I mean. But it's just the fact that you're offered by and guess what happens normally. You know, you come out there and there's a lot of miscues. You're gonna have those miscues, You're gonna have those you know, those woes where you got a guy who's out there and knew he's gonna miss that block, or you're gonna have you know what I mean. So having all that playing to you know, come into effect, it was like I said before, I'm just pleased that we was able to get out of there with the victim.
Speaker 1: That's that's the main thing, right is despite all of this, what say nine penalties, the four or whatever was in big penalties, significant.
Speaker 3: Moments, unlike us. Yes, then they have we play viral.
Speaker 1: For you to come out and win this thing like that's again, it's messy, it's ugly.
Speaker 4: Ugly jeans are needed in this world, alright, Seal is one of the top artists in the world.
Speaker 3: Ugly great reference reference.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying the Tesla Trump is the number one truck and it's ugly, is smooth.
Speaker 3: At the end of it balanced the force.
Speaker 4: Not everyone looking from I know everybody can't, but you know we need these things to balance things out.
Speaker 3: Ugly wings actually to me mean more than the pretty wins. Then the forty point. We've had a taste of every kind of win you can ask for this year.
Speaker 4: Because nobody calls the hey, noah, ugly wings.
Speaker 1: They just say, But dude, also, we gotta talk about this real quick and again, how many times have we seen a team drive down score and then get the two point conversion on that stupid sprint pass to the right and great by and also Spencer Ratler could not have thrown that ball any harder. Yeah, like you threw that thing like.
Speaker 3: I'm always ready for that. That's the go to And I know why he does. I don't run that so much. I hate that.
Speaker 1: I hate it.
Speaker 4: I know why they run it. It's to get to make sure the quarterback don't get sacked after.
Speaker 3: Because you know what to also happens. I was watching it. When I saw it, I say, watch for the gall on the back back line. Normally, when you don't get that guy back out. Yeah. So I've been both guys. I've been the slot guy that scored off and I've been the guy that run the end route on the back line. And what normally happened is if Raley don't have that that right now out route the back line guy, everybody think I'm coming in on a basic and I can just slide back to the corner of the end zone and boom. I thought I was actually gonna throw a throw back.
Speaker 4: I thought they go ahead, somebody else coming in the tight end sit on the back side.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's so many things. It's so many open guys. I mean, it's so many ways you can hear the open gown that if you design it right. And I think one of the things I loved about when Caldom brought in, they had different guys getting it off of that same motion, that same look.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so let's talk about the defense real quick, because we just talked about that play. Really, I think, I think for most people it feels like a tale of two halves. Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but we talked about how those three pen of thees changed.
Speaker 1: I mean everything, I will say this, so to me, that's that's the number one driver in the first half. You get a penalty that negates an explosive play. Yeah, mvs. Marcus Valdescaling drops a big dig. Yeah, that would have been a first down. It's supposed to play, so they drop that. He drops it out. That would have been a first down. They got a penalty that negates a big chunk play. Again, that keeps you on schedule. Yeah, I will say this watching the All twenty two they are rushing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so well right.
Speaker 4: Any of it has to do with the fact you got a cone out there, they got it.
Speaker 3: That's taking away half the field.
Speaker 1: Dude, you would appreciate this Tennis. So I get to watch him like in person and seeing him and again I'm not saying he's the best cornerback of all time. Yeah, but like watching him move, watching his strength, watching his awareness, like watching how he plays to his leverage. I was like, oh, that's what this should look like. And again he's not going against the good, great receivers, but like like someone tried to run a fade on him. Janlemin thrown his scrimmage and the dude almost fell down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know what us stands out when you don't have the targets. You can really never really tell if a guy played well, not with you know a lot of more. I literally watched him and said, that's why he gets what he gets, and that's why he's recognized the way he is, you know, as one of the as one of the top guys in his lead, because it's not only the way he played it, it was like he had he always had the leverage, he was always on top, he was always there. And it was at one time Raptor looked over there like, oh, let me go over here because he was practice, which he said there nodded his head at him, like come on, come on over here, you know what I mean. So that's what I got to kick out of, you know, I mean, just to see him sit there like, no, come on, I'm waiting. I'm right here.
Speaker 4: I was even more in print with Mikey Sanders Steel because I've been in that corner that once you got it, that all pro on the other side coming at you, you coming at you, Do you got do you got the intentional for the two to make him.
Speaker 3: Throw back, and he almost had almost had to. So I'm more impressed with Mikey said on.
Speaker 1: That second one who what was what was that receiver thinking? I wanted them his own?
Speaker 4: And he saw the man coming in the whole town hate it.
Speaker 3: I'm like, what that's bad? Offensive? I love it, and I love first thing I said this, I know you ain't. Yeah, why would you sit down? Right? So Santa is still running with them the entire time, like, bro, I don't see green grass keep.
Speaker 1: Running to and I was like, again, like I'm an offensive player. I look at it from I was. I was for that guy. I was like, what is your what is your problem?
Speaker 3: And it was so crazy because Santa still kept running and he tried to come on the other side. Yeah, and he just got his hand in there. So I'm like, damn boy.
Speaker 1: A player.
Speaker 3: By god, he looked good.
Speaker 1: But so the other thing too that was really interesting watching was like they'd get into these okay here NERD alert ready, Okay, So they'd get in these different coverage structures right and before the safety has to be directly in the middle of the field, so they're playing match. So like let's say it's empty and there's two receivers still left, and there's three receivers, right, So they used to kind of play directly post safety, they'd lock the two receiver sides, so play man on that side and then have like three over two and then the post safety kind of help both. In this game, he is to the three receiver side, so they're getting four over three, which is exactly how you want to play it. They're locking that down and again that's giving you confidence because Latimore was out there right, that's what that guy does.
Speaker 4: It changes the way coach Cole's game he's been called.
Speaker 1: It's not even it's like this. It's the same coverage and maybe you can speak to this friend, but now they can just say, hey, I can push over here more.
Speaker 4: Now it's more of now I can dictate the calls instead of being dictated by that.
Speaker 3: Also, I also love the fact that we was we was in the know. We didn't know we you know, you said that you thought that when this this, I guess you can say change or this trade happened. You saw Santa still stand inside. I said, no, he's gonna stay outside because been playing his behind off inside. But santa'st is one of those guys. He's interchangeable, nothing that he can play both. But when you when you watched him earlier, this year. He's playing beyond his years on the outside, So why would I swap him and make him have to you know, start the question was who was going to be in the rotation?
Speaker 4: And we got the answer yeah. To those questions and how they're gonna be done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think with center still like, he does have limitations outside, so I think ultimately hemps inside at some point in his career. But I do think to Tanni's point, you see a guy who's confident, who understands leverage, who understands.
Speaker 3: Concepts, and it's and it's really received.
Speaker 1: He's a confident player. Yeah.
Speaker 4: He understands two things, route concepts and down and distance. He plays the sticks. He also plays situational football very well. And that's because he's been coached by jud Harball.
Speaker 3: I mean, Jim I one of them.
Speaker 4: I've been coached by Hobball, and he taught him the small things. I could always tell how good a cornerback is going to be by.
Speaker 3: Those two things.
Speaker 4: I mean, do he have stick awareness and do he understand how they attack me? I understood I don't give up gold routes. My route gonna be comeback, bro. I have to learn how to stop comebacks.
Speaker 3: That's corner back in one on one Like if you don't know situational football, you don't know. Okay, I can play this way because I have help inside. I can play this way because I have the line, I have the sideline to my favorite I can I can put this push this guy as far as I want to to the outside. Like when I watched Corners, I'm watching thinking like what was done to me as a receiver to guys who knew, who had awareness, who knew how to play the game. Even if you wasn't one of the best. You just knew where your leverage was at and not. And when I watch guys who don't understand that, that's why I get. And when I'm watching the game, like, Bro, you have to know Jill Levers was here, why would you be in there? You understand? So when I saw those guys playing earlier this year, I knew automatically that Sanders still had all those clues. He knew, he checked all those boxes. This guy knew how to play that fade in the ends on against the Ravens. He knew how to play, and like every other game, he was getting tested. When we played some of the best guys chase all those guys. You saw this guy stand up and then not only that, the way he brought it when he had a runner coming his way, like when you when that ball was tossed his direction. He wouldn't sit back there patting his feet. He downhill, come out here.
Speaker 4: And he tackles well extremely Yeah.
Speaker 1: So obviously in the back end played really really well. You know, Jeviy chennear line of scrimmage, played wall Kwan's doing his thing. But I will say man like, obviously the offensive line for the Saints, specifically Trevor Penning the right tackle, Yeah, struggled a little bit. But Dante Fowler rushing really well, Say dude, Bobby Wagner blitzing, is blitzing really well. Frankie Luvu's rushing.
Speaker 4: I see Chan playing a lot lower now that you got the corner out there, a lot more cover three, Yeah, I've been say a lot.
Speaker 3: More closed middle field and let's go giggle.
Speaker 1: But it was cool like going through the film and being like, oh, this is a pressure, this is a sack, this is a hurry, and like just how frenetic that group is watching pain win one on one, watching Jizan When one on one was like it was like it felt like a lot like last year when you turned on Dallas tape, you'd be like, man, this group up front is just juiced, and there was a lot of shades of that in this game, which was really really cool, and I think like that gets me excited going into Philly honestly, like is the the level of energy that they're playing with and and the coverages they can play.
Speaker 4: But but the injuries, like listen, we cannot talk the truth, zach Ertz, Yeah, talk about their kitchen.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: That was incredible that I literally was on the broadcast.
Speaker 1: I don't talk unless Ram calls me, and I was just like, oh my, I like literally couldn't contain myself.
Speaker 4: And it didn't move stuck right there. But I seen him come down and hit that turf and I didn't know what. I thought it was his shoulder.
Speaker 3: So I was like, oh, this shoulder when he when he went to limb, I said, damn yeah, cushion.
Speaker 4: Yeah, guess what concussions that they come in different flavors, because chin, listen, that was crazy.
Speaker 3: Listen to me.
Speaker 1: Did you see it on the replay? How it like it like ricochet like Forrest hit n v S like ricochet. You know, you know, you know he literally hit h Forrest hit mvs and n b S has had ricochet so hard.
Speaker 3: And yes, and I was going to say we saw DFOU sight in it and yeah, look out there and come on default. But but to DFO, I think D four will be ready.
Speaker 1: Yeah this week especially, I mean you, I mean you hope again, Like usually concussion is about a week, so it'll be a little bit h hit or missing play.
Speaker 3: And what about Tyler Horns when we get a title.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think I think you DFO first. I think Tyler Owens is.
Speaker 3: Doing you know, they do a good job rotting to make sure your boy from raising cajun.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, person, Butler he was. He played a little bit.
Speaker 1: They had a lot of multiple That's another thing too, another kind of nerdy thing is they played a lot of like for safeties, played time, playing a lot of different personnels out there.
Speaker 4: So that's something they go out against two quarterbacks that haven't seen a lot of football.
Speaker 3: You want to show them everything you can show them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So we'll talk more about the injuries when we get to the Philly preview. But that's definitely gonna be someth we're talking about. Let's talk about the offense real quick. This is the second week in a row. They've had more than seventy plus plays in our second game in a row. Excuse to buy so seventy four offensive plays two weeks ago against Tennessee seventy seven plays. They seem this is this game is hard for me to watch because when you watch the run tape.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say bad like and I'm not trying to be mean, but it was.
Speaker 4: It had to do with the rial boards. Starts with them and everything start with the center. I could tell the center calls was not I can tell the protections with the like be honist to me as a pro Bowl player, I think he had Bowl.
Speaker 3: Year that game right that solidified that.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you, man, this guy right there sets the standard when it comes to this. And let's be honest, this was probably the worst game COVID has had.
Speaker 3: The Ricky you don't think that boy, Chase young boy he because.
Speaker 4: We talked with Range. It was a couple of guys that had revenge on their mind. Ridgeway revenge on his mind, Young Ridge like Ridgeway played like you cut me before and I'm mad.
Speaker 3: And to me, he was one of those guys. He was a couch. He was a casualty of war because I feel like he was just one of those guys where we want we we we we need you, but we need others. Yeah, so we gotta get rid of the numbers game. Yeah it's numbers game. But I'm I say this though, going into the game, what I said, I wanted to see five be five from earlier this year, and I thought he was. And he got us out of danger a lot with his legs and he had a lot of he eight up for all the stuff that we didn't do with b Robin Feler, you know b Robin Crew, And that was that was the bright spot I think about our run game, having him be able to be as fresh back to hisself, being able to escape you know when things got dark and cloudy back there. That gave it.
Speaker 4: How did you feel watching Terry come up three inches short of breaking all your single season record. He's supposed to leave out of there with two hundred and fifty yards and five tests that.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean, he probably won all my records, but he's chucked me. He's checking off boxes. Every time I'm watching the game, I'm like, bro, just get him in all of them because he's he's on fire right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he could have had crazy statistic from the game because you're on the broadcast. They do a great job with the stats. So before he had those last three deep balls, there were nineteen of the last twenty targets to Terry. I've been completions for five touchdowns? Wow, can you.
Speaker 3: Believe in nineteen of the last twenty it could have been eight? What I'm saying like he's wanted to have at least three more touchdown? Yeah. Yeah, this that I found that when I saw the one that he when he had the post and he was kind of like looking for and so he slowed down.
Speaker 1: Was it was dagger. It was like the one you caught against Phil and it was man coverage.
Speaker 3: Yea.
Speaker 4: And right now, because you can tell he didn't yeah, you can tell all the stuff people have said about Terry what he ain't all it is to me right now, that's Chevy running. Yeah, because I didn't watch him runs y'all, But y'all was here, we was doing the show. When when when when the summer had just ended for them far as you know, O T A. And I was like, y'all saw Terry today and you love Terry. Y'all said, that's him out there running. What I said when you when you were locked in like that.
Speaker 3: I've been that player. I've been the guy man guess what threw everything. I'm finna go out here and get these rests by myself. They count. They show up through the season. And that's why I say, as players, you can almost dictate when you was going to have a good season or not, as long as you stay healthy. You knew from the preparation the things I did prior to the season started by how many times I went out there extra by myself. I always knew coming into a season when I got off the couch at night and say, I'm goa go run this round the world thing. I had this thing called around the world. Back at home, I would leave my house and I would just go jog down the sidewalk and I go far. I'm on the main street and I would do that. And it took a lot to do that because you don't need to do it. That was extra. I always said, when I did that, before camp and came into camp ready for my little test that we had to run, and I was I was to the point of where I wasn't feeling I wasn't scared about that test. I was gonna have a good season. And so that's why I say players got to start playing tricks with their self.
Speaker 4: If you want to have a good year, go do stuff that you didn't normally do. And that's you know, you put the work in already. Ain't no second guessing what's gonna have.
Speaker 3: Putting the work in is one thing.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: My son talked to me about this all the time. Oh well I practice, Yeah, but now you home, go get in some more. What's working about the work that comes what we did on the practice field, because now you're doing something you attacking a Knicks level of stuff right now, ye.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent. And so again the run game wasn't great. There was I think there was a lot of different fronts, miss targets. Yeah, I think there was some like they got out physical a little bit at points, which is not something I want to see from that group. But again, hopefully they learned from this.
Speaker 4: And I thought we ran to the edges and little too much. That was something that did you see what I'm saying, dude, because we especially with b Rob, we've been running down he'll with it.
Speaker 3: We have a mid I totally understand.
Speaker 4: But I did like seeing them throw the ball to the Rob, which we haven't took advantage of this year, which I think he can think now.
Speaker 3: When you have Echola out, you have you have it showed you that last year, and I was wondering why we didn't do it more this year, like you have to use both. I think it's one thing of having a guy that say, Okay, this guy can catch the ball in the backfield. Well that's the surprise you sometimes. All right, let's throw it to the guy.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm want to be shocked to see him part of the screen game going against Philly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so uh the other thing too, and Tanda talked about this, like I know, we talked about Jade as a runner like this was maybe his again, like the arm looks like it's back, like Twan throws, like the touch bow touchdowns to Terry. He had a he had a play versus Cover two where it's Tampa two. There's a flat player, they're running a corner and a SIPs like smash, you know, and he stares down the smash, so the corner attaches and just drills that corner to Terry. He has that ball that he throws at theami.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Crazy throw and they end up calling that back penalty. But like there were so many throws. You're watching the tape, You're like, man.
Speaker 3: How about that clutch third down? That crowded court in between those two crowded just.
Speaker 4: Like crowd gonna be the guy that steps up, no doubt, he's gonna be the guy that said, Okay, it's a board here, I tell you what's doing it.
Speaker 3: I felt so good to see eighty on the field because I just knew, like, that's a veterans, that's a veteran president football. Yeah, he's he's like, he's like, what the guy is Jame Thrash. He's saying, like, you know how when Kansas City got your boy d Hot, you just knew, like now they receivers, are they in good hands? Yea? And he knows how to play football. But that's what crowd he saw crowded even on the pump return me and be miss talking about we was critiquing that first pump return when he got outside that wave, I said, you put that foot in the ground. Now he wanted to worry about be jumping over that guy because he kind of around it so much he didn't realize it was going to be that open. But that's just getting back into the floor of things. So I'm just you know, you you in good hands when ad out there on the field. So anytime they want to suit him up, you know, we'll be all right offensively and and special team.
Speaker 1: And we're kind of gushing or I'm gushing about Jane Daniels. And then obviously the sacks, let's just touch on him real quick.
Speaker 4: A couple of them was his fault. I give him that for holding the bottle. Yeah, he had it.
Speaker 3: I was thinking also it was because of the covers that he was getting, I mean money.
Speaker 4: They actually blitched him to me more than any team this year.
Speaker 3: Like I saw people coming off the edge.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so he hadn't been seeing that because what I tell you, people don't usually blitch running quarterbacks a lot, and they did.
Speaker 3: They came with fire.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So again like he had one early and when he missed the checkdown, he should have thrown a choice on one holding the ball too long, but then three of the three of the eight sacks were on keepers and boots, and so I think that's like he's young and he's learning, and I think Dan and his presser yesterday was basically like, we gotta we got to get him to know, like when the journey's over over real?
Speaker 3: Yeah, bro, at least I said a two many times, you know, be misplayed, quarterback, be missed, get rid of the book. It's over, like trying to make something out of nothing. It's not there.
Speaker 1: And that being said, like when you go watch the film, there's a bunch of times where he elevates the offensive line by sitting in there making the throw. He scrambles out of something, so like it's a balance with him because he's such a dynamic playmaker. But when I tell you, guys, watching the film with this dude, I just I was so impressed. And again it's cool to see that version of him going into Philly, which I'm excited about.
Speaker 4: Y'all should be y'all should be shocked that this is the first time he's had a game like this, because usually for any great offensive line, when you when you have a quarterback with wheels like his is. It's where's wild though, So sometimes my blocking pattern changes because I don't know where this kid is, so I think, but this to be the first time we see this this late in the season says a lot about who he is, all right, because it's hard to block for a running quarterback. Man, I just seen offensive lineman really like get mad because I can't find my my quarterback and he not where we think he's.
Speaker 1: Going to be, all right. So that's gonna do it on our recap. Anything else you guys want to say about that.
Speaker 3: Nothing. Now we got the Saints in the rear view mirror, remate Saints in.
Speaker 1: The rearview mirror, and now we're gonna do our Eagles preview. And that's presented by Marsh McLennan. Yes, Lenard Agency, your partner in Risk and People Strategies. They're an insurance company. They do business insurance. So if you want that, they got you. Small business I got you, boy, Health Benefits got you, Private Client Services got you, god you. And if you like risking for the biscuit we do. They also got you there.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about that real butter on that biscuit.
Speaker 1: Butter on that biscuit. Okay, so risking for the biscuit when he uses as our Eagles preview this week, Yeah, okay in this game, this is divisional game, big game. I think maybe the Eagles are the best team in football right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they are playing the best because I one of the reason I'm gonna get it.
Speaker 3: Especially in the NFC default and Hurt, they just beat up the I think right now, I got I got three teams up there that's looking real good. Besides, you know us when it comes to I don't want to be buys and talk about us, but when it's talking about playing playing great right now as a whole, I have Green Bay. Oh, I have Minnesota, but then I have I have Philly. What about like the Bells. I know the Bills are phenomenal Bills. What they did tow was, uh, that was different.
Speaker 4: But I also accounted that for the fact that the true what on their defense only have three starters from the first game of the year.
Speaker 3: And that's different. Now.
Speaker 4: Even though branch is playing out his mind, safety playing out his mind is how I know the next man up thing.
Speaker 3: But when you start.
Speaker 4: Getting too third and fourth screen like it's gonna be hard to beat team.
Speaker 3: And when I started running back go down knowing how much he mean, Montgomery meant yeah, like damn yo, yeah, nine knuckles is gone. Yeah yeah, I mean because he's like the Tannis point.
Speaker 1: He dry like he is a.
Speaker 3: B rob when he read zone and he's plowing, he's getting that, he's wearing them down.
Speaker 4: So when Jamiir Gibbs get in there, I hit you with this treat. It breaks you down. So now Jamire gotta be the full time back.
Speaker 3: Can he told the load?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, absolutely so. I guess thinking back to the last game we played them, which was I guess how many weeks ago, now three weeks ago? What what do you think needs to hop? Like, you know, producer Jason was kind of like, do you need to throw the kitchen synk at these guys because it is a game. You gotta get a win, try to make the playoffs all those kind of things, like do you need to go to that level.
Speaker 4: If I'm a coach and I watched that first game, I am really feeling good about this game, like this is why. But we was there with them with like six minutes left in the fourth quarter. This is a brawl, bare Knucker brawl, dirty mattress wrestling contest. We out here giving it to them. Say Kwan breaks the two runs, breaks down the defense. Defense on the field too long. We gotta understand. We got to hold the ball on the offense. Our offense made plays on the number one defense in football right now. We made mistakes on special team. We did these things all open the door. Here come Marsha and Ladimer. I got somebody for your aff a receiver right here. I matchups are better, and they come to us like dad home field advantage, and we almost beat them at home. I'm not changing too much of my game, ain't playing defensively. I just know I can't let twenty six meet me. I would rather put the hand the ball in the hands of Jalen Hurts and say go out here and beat me, because I think he's more prone to make a mistake than Saquon is to beat me. I feel good if I'm part of this coaching staff right now.
Speaker 3: I you know, being that we are in that season, that time of year, it can't be no one Horsey, you know what I mean. It gotta be everybody carrying their own week. You know, we complimentary football has to be sound. This week, I believe that all facets had to go out there and play their best. And I think that's what we saw last Audi. The defense stood in and they stood strong. They been, but they didn't break, and they stopped these guys. And these guys kicked field goals and missed a couple them, and offensively, we just didn't show up to the party, you know what I mean. We didn't show up enough, I can say. So this week I got to be one of those focuses. I'm pretty sure Dan's gonna probably word it differently, but hey man, I need everybody's best. You said, I'm gonna tell you what you just said.
Speaker 4: Really you were talking about also availability, right, well, Saquon is limp into this game, My boy, big play slaves limping into this game. So they have their als too, you know what I'm saying. So it's gonna be. But I ain't gonna.
Speaker 3: Say he gonna win. You know what, I never get into the big I guess you could say I never make trying to make points about individual players when you're playing games like this, because this is when even those guys off the bench come ready. You know what, I mean, preparation even goes up. You know, each man got to look at watch a little more film because you never know you might be thrown, you might be called upon this heeak, you see what I'm saying. So that's why I look into these games like, man, I care less. If you a first year guy, second year guy, a guy that's on the practice squad, squad, a guy that's been preparing everybody else to go, you need to watch that Felm this week because you might get your shot if need be. But everybody, I'm talking about the trainers, I'm talking about the people that's feeding these guys this week. Everybody gotta have their a game going into a game like this because this is somebody we talked about heavyweight bouts before. Now this is it. This is for our division, and this is gonna be one of those moments we can take these guys down and tie this thing in our division. Man, you never know how things pan out, you know towards the end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one hundred percent. And I think the other thing too, is like going back and watching the film, front is defensive. They did a good job, you know early on, and now you had a piece of Marshall, like you're talking about. I think the one thing that really stood out to me was how much the offense struggled and that defense. You know, that Vic Fangio led defense is very complicated in terms of how they kind of disguise coverages. Right, They're gonna play a lot of light boxes, They're gonna play heavier coverage structures. It's gonna be harder for the quarterback to throw the football. And I went back and watched a couple of the early plays and I'm like, man, this is a miss by Jade, like not a misthrow, but like a.
Speaker 3: Miss read read like like.
Speaker 1: Kind of hurrying, not being patient. And watching him against New Orleans it was like the best version of himself. So if that version comes, he gives you a shot. I think you know what I mean. And so I if the offense can kind of like we talked about, Tanna, stay on schedule, because you're gonna.
Speaker 2: Have a hard time running football versus versus Phil.
Speaker 4: If I had to say, the key dude to this game to me is be Hodist. His presence of him battling against Davis and Carter, like he's the guy to me, the lynch pin that separates this game.
Speaker 3: We can win this game. We can win this game.
Speaker 4: Because as I watched Philadelphia, they play different when Saquon in there compared the game, well, they play a totally different game. And if they gonna look big picture here and say, all right, should we rushing back?
Speaker 3: Should we?
Speaker 4: They got some decisions to make themselves. And I think those decisions affect this game because I say, one list Philadelphia Eagles to me, they can show some cracks on offense. I just think they do because now it's trying to force the ball to aj Brown. We got a pride surprise for you. Surprise surprise, got a lot of more soup for you. So I just think at the end of the day, this game.
Speaker 1: Nervous with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't like blocking up the wrong tree. I'm come about match up here, go the match matchups too, But I feel like this, I don't want to get too fixated on having a great shut down, particularly.
Speaker 2: Corner you don't want to put don't want to put.
Speaker 3: Him out that. I know my dad's that that low hanging fruit.
Speaker 1: I don't think you have to.
Speaker 3: You don't have to.
Speaker 4: It's his status and who he is already puts him by this get on the field. You got a J Brown, a true number one, top five receiver, and I got a top ten corner over here. I'm not finna let him right over there with and then DeVante Smith.
Speaker 3: But your ass. You know what I'm saying. That what I'm saying, that's the match up with san RECEI I feel you, but I'm saying I don't want to call out put like this. No bulletin board material over here. I'm not trying to be calling nobody YoY material. No, this is fast. What I'm saying is I feel you. This is not saying I'm not saying. I'm not saying I don't feel you. I just say word it the right way that that's the word. That's that's tone it down. They all right, that's just tone down. I know you're gonna introduce you to Morows on the last morning. Just lower. I know, I know you'll like all the smoke. Can I don't want all the smoke. You can'n't want to. You cannot run round the chat, but I don't want cannot. He's he's not running. He's not gonna run. They playing. We talking at the end of the day, I don't. That's what Okay, let let's let us just say some Monday. I'm not going to jump you on this.
Speaker 1: Damn mic.
Speaker 3: Didn't get beat.
Speaker 1: I will I will say this. I will say this. I don't think they're gonna do anything. I don't think they'll follow guys around. I don't think they're gonna do that. I think I think he's gonna play on the right like he did. I think Sanders is gonna play on the left. I think they're gonna play the cover structures they want to play. I think if they can get Jeremy in the box, they're gonna they're.
Speaker 3: Gonna seeing that. What I will say to a different way, what I will say to is because he is.
Speaker 4: He does like to stay on the right because I like the right corner.
Speaker 3: So if you feel the death, you can see you putting. I get your point. But if you really look at what we did in the secondary the last time out, even with Saint Juice, they play phenomenal, They had some they they stopped those guys on the outside from doing. Do you think Jalen Hurst killed us the first game? I know that. So that's what I'm saying. So going forward knowing that they didn't and now that we got our you know, our savior, how our teams think. I'm not saying that he's our savior. I'm just saying I'm glad we have that integral part of our our team now that we can rely on out then the secondary. But I don't want to sit there and just be like we got twenty three. So I don't care what y'all talking about. We got the man to stop, you know what I mean? That's to me that set things up to go out to not, you know, be in our favorite and I don't want to be seeing us sitting in watching game.
Speaker 4: When you add a chest piece of his quality, it changes your d it does, and it's all God like we have for the last five years went out on the field and didn't know if we could stop somebody. Five years we went on the field and said, I don't know if we got somebody to match up with Odell Beckham, whoever the number one.
Speaker 3: Receiv is to have a guy.
Speaker 4: I think it change, It changes the landscape, and I think it changes the way the coach with thinks and calling his defense.
Speaker 3: I've seen every dog have his day, and it's one dog I don't want to be calling it's the corner back we all get. I will say, I'm seeing dogs have their day and and Levin ain't one of them dogs I want to call out.
Speaker 1: I will say this to me Also, I think you know, obviously we're really excited that Marshall and madiwill here. Friend's obviously excited, TNIs excited. I'm extremely excited. But I think the one thing is that good offense beats good defense every day of the week, right, And it's not a personnel thinks it's not a personal.
Speaker 3: Live on.
Speaker 1: Five top five defense. That is true. But hey, but which I don't think you can dispute this. The direction of the league is going in terms of how they're calling beat Tom Tom Brady. Yeah, but of how the league is going in terms of what they're calling from a penalty standpoint. They're favoring offensive football, right, they are favorite offensive football and when.
Speaker 3: Rules are made for y'all, but we don't care about the rules on them.
Speaker 1: I'm just telling you there's no there's no defense for a properly team. There's no defense like when I watch defense, good defensive place. To me, they're bad offensive place.
Speaker 3: I'm saying they say they're like an offensive player. Listen to me.
Speaker 4: Kansas City has been winning defensively. They trying to get a three peat. The quarterback is the greatest quarterback they ever played game to we can talk.
Speaker 1: Stop lying to people at home.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: They also have the most efficient quarterback in the ying. Hey, listen, most efficient quarterback on third.
Speaker 4: They need the names, So tell me is that ain't no homes.
Speaker 1: I don't care how good your defense. How many times have we talked about, Oh, that defense is really good Cleveland early in the season, that defense is really good, but their offense is so bad that it's non tenable.
Speaker 3: You can't even batidate what you just said because in the day, they have been winning defensively. Why the offense got to to the last damn touchdown?
Speaker 4: Because they played tight games, because it's the reason they've been what.
Speaker 3: I'm saying at the end of the day, it doesn't batterday what you're trying to say, because here and tell me an offense that scored nineteen game. I'm saying to you smoking what you were saying is that they won. They was only in the game because the defense, obviously Pat Mahons drove them down field. To win the game, because then the.
Speaker 1: Last player the game I got there losing, right, I got one for you, I got I got two for you.
Speaker 2: So Detroit is one of the best teams in football right now?
Speaker 4: Yep, And no, nobody right now is feeling Detroit like they were three weeks ago.
Speaker 3: Still win the best, but they're now in the playoffs.
Speaker 4: They will not win because their defense has fell apart in their injury front of that won't win because their defense has failing.
Speaker 1: Are their top ten team?
Speaker 3: They won't win? They answer my question, they won't in the plays top best team. You can ask you something gambling answer the question.
Speaker 1: No, okay, Fred, Okay? What about what about the Bills? What about the Bills?
Speaker 3: What about the Bills? Are playing some good defense? Are they the best defense in football? No, they're not, because they have a good offense.
Speaker 1: Is Detroit still a team you don't want to play because they have a good offense.
Speaker 4: I would rather play Detroit than Minnesota any day right now.
Speaker 3: They have a good offense. Frat why is Minnesota winning?
Speaker 1: Sam Darnold's on an m VP candidacy of the last five week I got nothing to do with the I'm not saying I'm not saying Fred, if.
Speaker 3: Y'all want to days could be right, Fred, that's not going. Let's go. I'm through, carry im.
Speaker 1: Through, carry on. You know, he's not done. He's gonna he's gonna talk here. He's ready to talk. He's ready to talk.
Speaker 3: All this started from him trying to man so.
Speaker 1: Let me, let me get this. So the reason I brought that up is because I do think that Billy's offense, the structure of it, is really straightforward. And so I was actually making a point to support Fred here because when it's straightforward, when you kind of there's no bunches, there's no shifts, there's no motions, it's very stagnant. They have very high formational tells when they're running the football. They have very high formational tells. From a personal personnel standpoint, I think that is something that Joe Witt, Junior, Marshawn Lattimore, Mike Sanders still they can take advantage of that. And I also think Jalen Hurts is not playing good football right now. He's not.
Speaker 2: Everyone says a look at last week. He threw the ball really well.
Speaker 1: He threw the ball really well because they because they had a lot of possessions. They had eighty plays fred eighty offensive possessions defense because I got him to talk.
Speaker 3: Look at that.
Speaker 1: There we go, and I'm not talking about Philly. Their defense is they're amazing, right freend Who's who's their best.
Speaker 2: Corner on Philly?
Speaker 1: You don't know?
Speaker 5: Twenty seven? You want to talk about him? How about you? You want to talk about Yeah, there we go, young, have about the safeties. You want to talk about safeties?
Speaker 3: Bring up defense? Man of me?
Speaker 1: What it's talk about? It's all about? How about how about trust? You hear her Johnson?
Speaker 5: How about that relaiw about to play defense?
Speaker 1: Are you talking about about replankenship?
Speaker 3: But bring up Red?
Speaker 1: You know, don't bring him up.
Speaker 3: No, let's talk. Let's talk about a J. Brown and Smitty You were.
Speaker 1: Just talking about him.
Speaker 3: No, they are a great offense. That's not all I said is just don't bark up the wrong tree, bro, That's all I said at the end of the day, that this is what started all that. Other you can bleep that and if you want why.
Speaker 1: You said we break up the wrong tree? Just totally legitimate.
Speaker 4: And then he said J Brown anyway, that's what a J.
Speaker 3: Brown do? He wolfs up after you.
Speaker 4: Wolf squeaky squeaky wheel makes a lot of noise. So yeah, we knew he was gonna get the ball and it hit dog with. All I'm gonna tell him is now how he used to look at Washington. He can't look at us like that, and.
Speaker 3: He just can't. And Fred I just said, you absolutely right. But as we sit in these seas talking, that's not put too much on one. J.
Speaker 4: Brown ain't thinking about it. He ain't thinking about us. He ain't thinking about what Fred Smooth say.
Speaker 2: I just don't like that you give yourself some credit.
Speaker 3: I'm just superstitious. Don't want you putting none in the air that can be ground. You see what I'm saying. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You cry what's going on over there?
Speaker 1: We a part, We.
Speaker 3: Are part of this together. We a part of this part together. I don't want nothing going out there to where I could sit back and see the damn.
Speaker 2: How crazy, how crazy it would be if A J. Brown retweeted something you said.
Speaker 4: It wouldn't be the first that I know A J.
Speaker 3: I didn't interview. Aj Aj is from Starkville, Mississippi, where Missippi State a change. His night.
Speaker 4: But you know Aj I know Aj Brown this, you know I know his character too. He loves the smoke.
Speaker 2: So let me just say so.
Speaker 1: We talked a lot about you just do it that Marshaw lottimorrow. We're excited for that AJ Brown matchup. The one thing coming out of the first game I thought was Cliff and Jayden and their lack of efficiency. What do you think they need to do against this defense? Fred to make sure that they're super efficient ten the same thing, making sure they're locked in because again, this defense. I watched the Pittsburgh game. They made Pittsbord and Pittsburgh's had a great offense.
Speaker 3: That good defense.
Speaker 1: They're really they're physical upfront. Cooper dejen Man, he's playing good ball. Bond's playing good ball. And they can stop the run man with six guys like almost every time. Like it's really incredible what they're doing.
Speaker 3: Need to make plays. We got to possess the ball to me offensively. I think this game is gonna be one of them games. Phrase the brain is up a lot. Our best defense had to be a great offense. We got to be able to move the chains. If we can't run the ball between the tackles because of whatever they play doing up front. Then we need to be able to put in some of those screens and the things that we do well with the different formations and mix things up away where we can put the ball in guys' hands so we can get those those yohts that we can't get in the run game and vice versa. Do that enough to where the now they're changing things defensively and now we can plunge this ball up the gut on them. So we have to do things offensively that whether we did it before or not, we got to make sure that we're possessing the balls No. Three and outs. It's sustained drives, moving the chains and then finishing with scores. If we do that, we give ourselves a great chance to be in this game and win this game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I would say to me, it's like, can the wild Boards do their thing right? They got to be physical against his front and then ken Cliff Kingsbury give Jaden some formational some motion tells to help them diagnose the coverage.
Speaker 4: If you call the players on offense, do you want to try to especially with them two big boys caught in David, do you want to try to blunt force trauma them.
Speaker 1: It didn't work.
Speaker 3: Work.
Speaker 4: So I think when you get them guys running sideway.
Speaker 2: Just a fast, physical defense.
Speaker 4: They are, but I think to run them sideways early and often and then to yeah and then run, that's where.
Speaker 3: To get them going is it's getting back into the temple.
Speaker 4: Not allowing them to call they played, not allowing Big Fangio to call his plays each and every thing.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's that's gonna be The big thing is can can Cliff can Jay? Can they figure out a wrinkle, a way to diagnose coverage, a way to run the football? Like this is a tough defense, best defens in football.
Speaker 4: But can you make them show you what they're doing? And I think, yeah, yeah, that's I'm saying, And I think to undress them in that way. Tempo is the key to do it because I got my first play call and I got my check. If they go on keep checking, I'm gonna I'm gonna know what you're gonna be in. And if we're doing tempo, they cannot get people in and off the field.
Speaker 3: And now let's tired of the big dudes. My first fifteen to thirty players would be both were going there with two plays every time, and we and we got a third play for the next down just to get them gas. You know what I mean. I want to see these guys early gas and it's gonna be cold, it's gonna be one of those games. They're gonna drop a little bit. It's gonna be one those days on Sunday. I want to see these guys. Oh man, this ain't what I signed up for today, you know what I mean? And I think when you get your offense moving, because if you can't do things that you did normally all season loan and had success doing, then now you got to create another way. And I see I've seen Cliff do that time and time this year. He's very creative when it's time to get that ball moving up and down the field. So to me, I think that's going to be sounding.
Speaker 4: And I hate to say it, it's hard to run screens on this team, but they run so much, but not with the wide receiver screens. But you can run the tailback and the tight end screens. But man side side, let's let's beat them horizontally to beat them vertical.
Speaker 1: I like that, all right, So now we got hell yeah or Hell no, that's what they told me about defense winning championship. And we have a very very special guest today. It's I t guy Bryce. And the reason this is a special guest is Bryce Analytics here is the best fish sure men I know by far. And so what we did is we're bringing in a subject matter expert to give Fred some questions about fishing.
Speaker 3: Because Fred, we.
Speaker 1: Set you up Bryce. I remember Bryce takes his fishing rods on away trips and he's got different travel rods and different baits and lures and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: And he knows he's in competitive fishing tournament and.
Speaker 3: What you know about hooker beer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so hey, don't let him Bryce, don't let him change the subject. So he's gonna ask you a couple of questions.
Speaker 6: You said your fisher jumping out of the water for you. Here the line on it as you say, what's up?
Speaker 2: Say how to the people be here?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Bryce, so you can tell you likes fishing just by that.
Speaker 3: Is definitely a voice.
Speaker 2: All right, Bryce, do you have your first question?
Speaker 7: Yeah, you have Fred's. So we went together and put to six quick questions together. Try to get through them. You're welcome pass or you move on. And some of these are up for debate as well.
Speaker 1: So if you you know.
Speaker 7: If I do say it's wrong and you don't agree with that, you can I can debate.
Speaker 3: Just let us ship the wrong person a chance to debate. You're going to go down.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be so good, right. So that's the first question.
Speaker 7: First question is in competitive bass fishing, how many bass are the anglers allowed to keep in their live well and bring to weigh in?
Speaker 4: They can keep? Is it six or seven or more? So they have to be waiting because the dude got cheat, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, don't change the subject. How many can they keep in their bast well?
Speaker 3: I thought it was seven? It's five? A right, good, that's which I want to do.
Speaker 1: You were like six. You're like what you did? Which I love what you do. And you don't know the answer to anything. You go six or seven or eight?
Speaker 3: You know six? He said six or seven or whatever? Yeah, six to seven of.
Speaker 1: Them all so pretty close.
Speaker 7: So the next question is what is larger a four hot hook.
Speaker 1: For a number of four Jesus A four hook corracked?
Speaker 3: Wow? Hook?
Speaker 1: Do you was that? A guess it?
Speaker 3: With clear? Though? Now there's actually one and a hay went out.
Speaker 1: So, so, how did you know that? You guess, you guess.
Speaker 3: I guess that's huncleberry free all right?
Speaker 7: By the next question already which type of bass tends to prefer cooler water?
Speaker 3: Large mouth or small mouth? You don't know? Small mouth?
Speaker 1: My mouth correcked?
Speaker 2: That was such a three found up north?
Speaker 4: Why I gotta guess everything because I lived in Minneapolis, A crappy and the small mouth bass.
Speaker 1: You know, it's funny as I know you're lying because your lip does a little tremble sometimes retire.
Speaker 3: I say, like here we trying would say anything, he'd be like, you know what?
Speaker 1: I know?
Speaker 3: You laugh your Oh man.
Speaker 1: What we got right? Ready? That's pretty good.
Speaker 7: Actually, this one is mono filament fishing line, the most popular common type of fishing line, also known as mono. Does that line float or does it sink?
Speaker 3: Deadline floats, but it sits with the whistle name with the weight on it.
Speaker 2: Fred, Fred, that was good one.
Speaker 4: I'm not surprised. I knew that one over here, man, all right? Second last, you didn't you know? I like when y'all do this. Every time I talk about something, you do.
Speaker 3: You do this. We recycling.
Speaker 2: You also doing it with barnyard animals.
Speaker 1: Right, So we got.
Speaker 7: The next one here for Fred is can you name one current or retire professional fisherman?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: If you can get this, I.
Speaker 3: Really want to name the dude that cheated in one tournaments and they.
Speaker 1: Took them back the way to the fishing.
Speaker 2: I guess he would be a professional angler, though, angler?
Speaker 1: Do you know what? No?
Speaker 3: I don't. Okay, Tom, So are you?
Speaker 1: Is he professional?
Speaker 3: He is?
Speaker 1: Well, we'll skip this one, right, So you're a professional angler? Do you have you? I'm not professional?
Speaker 3: Only try to find I didn't got too wrong?
Speaker 1: Last one number six?
Speaker 7: One number six? If you can name this, this tournament is considered the super Bowl of bess mastering fast Master?
Speaker 4: What beass Master tournament in South Carolina? Is the pro the bass Master Pro?
Speaker 7: Not so the tournament that they considered the super Bowl of bass fishing is the bass Master Classic?
Speaker 1: It is it in South Carolina? Is it in South Carolina?
Speaker 7: It moves around you to ye, I'm sure it has been in South Carolina?
Speaker 1: Fast Master? So Bryce, what do you think is he?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: Is he? Yeah? Is he hookerbar?
Speaker 2: I don't know about that.
Speaker 3: I just I just think Fred as small as hell, and you can't. You can't know nothing because he knows a little bit about everything.
Speaker 2: So that is impressive.
Speaker 1: What was the hook one? Again?
Speaker 7: I'm never surprised the difference between a four hot hook and a number four hooks.
Speaker 1: No, overall, I was pretty impressed. I think Fred did very well on that question. Bryce is impressed. I'm impressed. No one knows more about.
Speaker 3: You go in against me?
Speaker 1: I do. I'm not so bad. I do rude against you.
Speaker 3: So listen to a lot of radio and TV absorbs.
Speaker 1: What do you hear about four odd hooks?
Speaker 3: A shame thing. I didn't know nothing that he knew all the stuff about gardening, the same thing we didn't know about different you know, farm animal Like the dude just hear things and it sticks so.
Speaker 1: To regurgitated every time. Bro, all right, Bryce has to go. Bryce, thank you so much, expert to the podcast. Appreciate you. I love that I get such because it's also it's also funny because you.
Speaker 3: Stop it right now, because I think he actually makes us look a little bad every time.
Speaker 1: He's just he just but I know I love it because it's like there's like there's no way there's no way you know the difference between these hooks, and maybe you don't and you just guess right. But the fact that you give an answer that is correct, I'm always just blown away. I'm just blown away by this dude every single time, even though he thinks.
Speaker 3: Y'all go through a test and be like, yeah, man, I went to space.
Speaker 1: Here, we'll get somebody in here. I'll get my dad on the phone. He'll ask you some crazy questions.
Speaker 4: Would love to talk to I mean to talk about the new theory that they got. The fact that they talking about it was a we got invaded by a planet in the Solar System that that kind of moved the planets around.
Speaker 3: I didn't know about it.
Speaker 1: I did not know Bey, Okay, before we get on planets, we'll talk about this off air. Thanks so much for joining. Please make sure you like them, subscribe wherever you get your podcast, and as always, really appreciate the support.
Speaker 3: That's it. Hell yeah,