Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 1: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This He's Talking Cowboys Screaming live.
Speaker 4: From the Dallas Cowboys World head Hours.
Speaker 2: At the Star in Frisco, Touch Up.
Speaker 5: Dot Teddy continents on.
Speaker 2: Touchdown and now your hosts Isaiah Stanback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez, and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 3: It's a Thursday edition of Talking Cowboys presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, live from the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 4: Texas and the s WBC Studios. Welcome and everybody.
Speaker 3: We've got the full cast and crew ready to rock for you today with Patrick Mose Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah stand Back, Chris Beam in the back.
Speaker 4: I'm Kyle Yeoman's.
Speaker 3: Today is our Cowboys offensive preview going up against the Philadelphia Eagles defense. Got some QB vision on the horizon. We've got our QB back in the room.
Speaker 4: What's going on. It's good to see you guys in the flesh. Zeus from La.
Speaker 6: That's right, Zeus from La. You guys never know where I'm gonna be. You never know what I'm gonna pop up. Sometimes you gotta pop up sometimes you gotta.
Speaker 4: Pop out and show them.
Speaker 6: You know what I mean, you just hit the Oh, I never know what I'm trying to tell you, never know what I'm gonna come with your vintage Kyle.
Speaker 3: I know, I walked in this morning and Isaiah's like, oh, you're changing the hair back up. I was like, I just didn't put any like product.
Speaker 4: Twenty twenty two, Kyle. Earlier than that, you look young earlier.
Speaker 1: You definitely look much you just.
Speaker 4: Because without the product. Yeah, this is the first time I got going on. There's no shape.
Speaker 7: Remember a cold pizza this morning in your storm room, you know what I mean?
Speaker 8: Like maybe maybe the The funny thing is is like you look like for calculus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, tonight I've I'm calling the North Texas men's and women's basketball both play at home to night, so they've got a rare doubleheader and they're giving out pizza to like the student section.
Speaker 4: Free pizza.
Speaker 3: But like, as a full grown adult yesterday, seeing that announcement where they were like full grown pizza, I was like, wait, do I get idiot? As a broadcaster, I was like, wait, they've got media food. I don't need free pizza from the student section.
Speaker 4: Was still there.
Speaker 7: You look like a dude that's like free pizza and your working.
Speaker 9: Damn right if you weren't right now, it's the balance from him, right, So without the product, he's younger of top, but with the beard, so it's like party up top, business down low.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's Kyle v k.
Speaker 7: It's a modern mullet k Y.
Speaker 4: He's a student up to the professor. Now, damn right. The uh we need to do like the evolution of Kyle Beamer. We need to have like pictures.
Speaker 3: I've seen it, beam Beam seen me at my lowest too, Beam see all me when I was on my way back from West Virginia and I was doing minor league baseball and I had just gotten off of one hundred and forty game season, and yeah, that.
Speaker 4: Was kind of games. You think that you've called over all sports.
Speaker 3: At least at least fifteen hundred cool, Yeah, at.
Speaker 7: Least this guy's got the reps.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like, right, fifteen hundred and I've only been doing it since twenty sixteen in terms of play by play, So yeah.
Speaker 4: It's quite a bit.
Speaker 7: It's gonna be trying.
Speaker 3: Watch I called two hundred and eleven events last year.
Speaker 7: Watch out Al michaels Kyllier.
Speaker 4: There you go. News and notes. Patrick, No, C. Walker. We got an update, not a great one.
Speaker 1: We do not a great will Dak Prescott. Yeah, we'll end on that. With the news and notes.
Speaker 9: We can say into a discussion, don't start out negative, Kyle geez.
Speaker 1: We're going right into the injury report. So you know there's no there's no positives. Yeah, there's positive.
Speaker 4: Mike gets back.
Speaker 9: Yeah, figured that was because he was not going to play. He was not going to Not pretty big deal. So Michael was a limited participant, but nonetheless back at practice for the first time since suffering his high ankle sprain several weeks ago. He's missed several games at this point. But yesterday, you know, in the open portion of practice, Not that we were able to see much there, but I was checking for his movement and his range of motion as he was doing the chords with trainer Britt Brown, and kind of looking at his facial express I want to see if there's going to be any grimacy, Was there any favoring? Was he laboring at all? Looks very good, He's moving very well. I wonder what he looks like in team drills. But he did say after practice that he's going he's trying to go full go to test it. He said that he'll see how he feels again today, but felt good yesterday and now it's just a matter of getting those reps because, in his words, he said, he feels like he's starting over because he's been out for such a period of time. But as far as physically, he said, there are no limitations on him right now. He's just you know, working to get the reps in, working to be cleared for Sunday. Then he started talking as if he will be on the field on Sunday because he started speaking about the matchup against his former Penn statementors Sae Kwon Barkley.
Speaker 1: So that's going to be something to watch.
Speaker 9: So there's your really good news is that Michael Parsons is trending towards coming back.
Speaker 1: Let's go now. I hope you have fun with that.
Speaker 9: Dron Bland is still not practicing well, Okay, he did not participate. Was expected that he would not participate, but.
Speaker 4: To say it was a significant setback.
Speaker 9: Yeah, And the question posed to Mike McCarthy yesterday was, you know, in the walk off after the press conference was was it a significant setback? And he downplayed it and said it wasn't necessarily significant. It's just a matter of they thought that he would be ready, and he's just not healing at the.
Speaker 1: Rate that they thought he would.
Speaker 9: The word that McCarthy said was he's still having symptoms from it, and until he's no longer having symptoms, he will not be cleared to return to practice again, let alone take the field.
Speaker 3: Have you ever seen an Anchorman of Come On? I mean, it's one of the best common movies about our whole thing. The one part of Anchorman where he's he's got the pen in his hand, he just goes, I don't believe you. That's me and Mike McCarthy right now. I don't believe he looked.
Speaker 4: I don't believe you. I don't believe you.
Speaker 3: I think it was significant. There's no way you go limited, limited in practice practice, then d n p out for the game, and then you have not seen the practice field in three weeks.
Speaker 1: Agree with you.
Speaker 3: After starting the twenty one day practice window, he immediately went into practice full practice, full practices and then d n p'd from that point forward. I mean, I don't believe you.
Speaker 4: How many weeks. Well, I mean it was going that was going into the Detroit.
Speaker 10: Game, and what's that A small setback, that's what it was.
Speaker 4: Like, I do agree.
Speaker 9: I think the setback was significant. No one around the building is admitting to that. But the timeline is the timeline. The math is the math, and the fact is this was a stress fracture, not anything that should have been devastating, but it was a stress fracture that occurred and was surgically repaired just ahead of the season, so that would have been late August. We are now having this conversation approaching mid November, and he's still not at practice after having practiced twice and then being pulled from practice entirely. So something something went wrong. Something's so we'll see from that. As far as the injury report, the remainder of the injury report goes Tyler Guy and was limited. You know, he had suffered a little bit of a nick issue against the Falcons, but returned to the game and he played it. I spoke with guid In yesterday he should be completely fine for this week's game. Ceedee Lamb limited with that shoulder as expected per Mike McCarthy, that he would be limited. Eric Kendricks was listed with a shoulder He did not participate, but he was not going to participate in yesterday's practice anyway, because that's a veteran day for both he and Zach Martin, but because they receive treatment.
Speaker 1: That has to be logged with the with the NFL.
Speaker 9: So Eric Kendricks and Zach Martin both listed with shoulder issues DMP. But again, even if they were completely healthy, they would not have practiced on yesterday, So no concern. They're really one ye Thomas, he is not looking good for this Sunday with that concussion. He is in the protocol. It doesn't sound like he's going to clear in order to take the field. And Nick Vigil continues to deal with that full issue. And now Dak Prescott, all right, so oh, peeking over at the Eagles real quick. If I'm Tay Smith didn't practice with a hamstring injury, so keeping on on that, and Nolan Smith didn't participate with a groin injury. So two starters for the Eagles are less than healthy, so keeping on them. But so Dak Prescott yesterday morning, a source told me that and this is the wording from the source that Dak Prescott quote unquote popped a hamstring does not sound good by So my question to that was, well a statement. My reply was, it's interesting you say popped and not pulled. He was like popped. Oh yeah, okay. Fast forward a little bit from that. It was confirmed by multiple reports. Lead being Jane Slater of NFL Networks shouts out to Jane, So I'm gonna read exactly from janecause I don't want to miss quote.
Speaker 1: All right, So let me pull Jane's up right now.
Speaker 9: Dak Prescott has reportedly suffered where you are, okay, reportedly suffered a partial evolsion of his hamstring tendon, which is partially torn off of the bone, per reports, and then includes Jane and some others such as Calvin Clarence. And again this is confirming what the source told me with the verbiage of popped. Right, I'm told it typically takes more than four weeks. Absolutely it would, and in some cases it may scar over. Now I'm gonna move away from them. In some cases, this partial terror may scar over. The issue is is they're still trying to figure out if it's a partial or a full full.
Speaker 4: If it's a.
Speaker 9: Partial tear, they may just rest them, see if it heals on its own, and then see how it goes.
Speaker 1: I'm with you on there. If it's a full tear it requires surgery, season is over.
Speaker 3: The full tear I saw even with surgery, the best case scenario was six weeks best case. And that's not what you're gonna do with a franchise quarterback.
Speaker 4: You're not gonna rush because how many games do you have?
Speaker 9: Absolutely not that you've got nine regular season games left. You're not going to rush him back for that surgery six games and then it takes another two or three to even working the way back the season. So again I stayed, if it's if it requires surgery to repair Dak Prescott, season is likely over.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And as such, why.
Speaker 7: Was the word was the word quit on there at all?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: No, the word quit was.
Speaker 1: Not on there.
Speaker 7: Quit.
Speaker 9: So for James, for those such as James, he's in a little bit of hot water, should even with his own people, to people.
Speaker 7: Hot takes that's crazy that you're in hot water at f s one. That's a really terrific dumb play.
Speaker 6: The game at that level will get drawn into the environment that you're in. That's what it is due Unfortunately some of the some of.
Speaker 4: The media game too.
Speaker 6: It's even when some of the experienced guys get drawn in trying to you gotta stay true.
Speaker 4: It was bad. No, I'm not trying to make give an excuse to the guy. I'm just saying he he.
Speaker 3: Made a dumb statement and he doubled down on it, and then he tried to backtrack it. Yesterday when that news came out, my fault and it was like, oh, I'm sorry, Like, well.
Speaker 4: Then if you don't know anything, don't talk about it.
Speaker 11: I mean, granted, this is before the diagnosis came out, this is before all of the reports on exactly what the injury was.
Speaker 7: But he did say, oh, Dak Prescott quit on his team.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so that's a bad that's a bad look regardless no matter what player it is. There's no way any circumstances you don't know what him to spend. And as a player, as a former player, could say that is it's pretty egregious, man.
Speaker 1: For a former player to say it.
Speaker 9: And when you look at the character of Dak Prescott, now I said this, what ever.
Speaker 4: Said I said this?
Speaker 9: We can talk about Dak Prescott's poor quarterback player twenty twenty before all the Live Long Day.
Speaker 1: We have done it on this show.
Speaker 4: Yep, absolutely we can. Week out.
Speaker 9: We've shot away from decision making, the interceptions, the lack of willingness to take off and run, with character, all the things. But character, not with that, not with that guy. I mean, come on, this is a guy. Let's be real. This is a guy who continued to play football after his mother passed the cancer in order to honor her. This is a guy who continued to play football, didn't miss a game when his brother Jase died of suicide because he wanted to honor him and show mental fortitude and strength and be a leader for the team. So this is a guy who who tried to snap his ankle back into place against the Giants so that he could try to play through it. And you mean to tell me, you mean to tell me that you're going to say this guy quit, This guy quit. Come on, man, come on, man, maybe you should quit. How about how about that.
Speaker 3: I don't want to give any extra pub to him or that show.
Speaker 1: Or I'm already he said to him on Twitter. Twitter.
Speaker 4: It was a bad take and it shouldn't have gone anywhere close to what it is.
Speaker 9: So yeah, unfortunately, and this also goes to and this is why.
Speaker 4: One of the things that kind of set me.
Speaker 9: Off about it, it was because for those of us who travel with the team, I stood there and I watched players board the plane.
Speaker 1: After the flight, I.
Speaker 9: Watched Ceedee Lamb need help from Trayvon Diggs to get his bags into the overhead bitch. I watched Dak Prescott limping from the bus while holding his upper hamstring, kind of hobbling up the stairs, going back and forth between the up and down the aisle to talk to some trainers and talk to CD and whatnot. The whole time you you would have thought his leg was made of wood, the way.
Speaker 1: He was dragging that thing around.
Speaker 9: And then not hours later, you see, rather than James Jones or anyone, have the audacity to be like, the guy's quitting, like the guy is barely walking, and then you're at the character aspect to it. So again, we could talk about his portfolio all day long.
Speaker 6: But don't give any attention to people. You're still going on the injury report. We ended with that, So hamstrings suck, hamstring suck. I just put it like that, and.
Speaker 3: I know you had an ac joint injury, which is what is what C is dealing He'll be.
Speaker 6: Fine, cd C. If that's what he's dealing with, then he'll be fine. You can play with it. It hurts like all get out, but you can play with it.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's good.
Speaker 3: Hamstring Did you ever pop a hamstring?
Speaker 1: Pop?
Speaker 4: Pop? I have come very close to popping a hamstring.
Speaker 6: I've had a Grade three hamstring strain which took about pretty day there two months to get back from with daily treatment.
Speaker 1: That's where you were shaking your head.
Speaker 4: That's grade three.
Speaker 6: So and that's that's when I that's why I was running track and I felt that thing about to pop, right, So you're stretching it all the way to the limit like rubber band, right, and you just let that thing come back, you know. So that took a couple of months of treatment every single day.
Speaker 3: I think anybody home listening that's either felt a hamstring and pool or felt anything like that.
Speaker 4: It's just like Grimace and that where.
Speaker 7: You're playing quarterback at the highest level possible, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I had to come back pretty important.
Speaker 6: Actually had I actually had tryouts quarter I mean that's when coach Willingham had just came into the University of Washington, and I pulled my hamstring and the next week was practice, you know, spring practice was tracking was coming around, and that's when tryouts were happening, right, That's when you're going out to compete for your position. So I was literally out there on one leg, like literally on one leg. So I say, I'll have to say whatever I speak in regards to injuries, I speak up in regards to my experience. Yes, okay, I'm never going to tell a man what he can and can't do. I'm gonna Putever're never gonna put a timeline on any individual. Everybody's their own person, okay, And situations change based upon pain tolerance, all that jazz.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 6: I am not very optimistic that Dak's going to play anymore this year.
Speaker 1: That's me.
Speaker 6: That's also me, that's my that's my personal opinion. I am not optimistic, especially the way that the season is trending. If you lose this game against the Philadelphia Eagles, it's time to have a real conversation about guys that are dealing with things and that are playing through things, because most guys are.
Speaker 4: There's just different levels of injuries.
Speaker 12: Right.
Speaker 6: There's hurt and there's injuries, right, And there's a big difference between that.
Speaker 4: I teach that to my kids. Are you hurt or you're injured? Right?
Speaker 6: I called my son out last week because he pulled himself out the game. He's like, well, this was hurt, and I'm like, you're not injured though, because you came back in right when you when you're holed out because you can no longer go, that's an injury. And I hate to see what's happening with this team, especially with the injuries that they have sustained. You're talking about a team that's used to having multiple Pro Bowlers and this year you may have won maybe.
Speaker 4: One lock for sure. James Brandon Aubrey okay, yeah yeah, and the others is kind of up for debate.
Speaker 3: The only other player I would even see the end of that conversation would be either CD or Jordan Lewis.
Speaker 4: I think Jay Lows played.
Speaker 6: At Lo, played well, but we know how that's going. They're not gonna get He didn't have a name for that exactly, so you know, and a lot of this is because of injuries, right, So all your Pro Bowlers, all your Pro bowlers. I mean, yeah, but he got to do it in nine games, right, So I mean, but equally a popularity.
Speaker 4: I know it's a popularity, but injuries suck.
Speaker 6: And again, I pray for Dak and I pray for his recovery, and I know he's seeking the best care, has access to the best care.
Speaker 4: It's amazing.
Speaker 6: It's a great thing when you have resource and access to get the best care possible.
Speaker 4: And that's why people are like, well, why haven't they made a decision, Why.
Speaker 6: He's seeking out all resources because he hasn't quit, because because he hasn't quit. But the reality is, as an organization, there's a there's there's there's a there's a there's a point where you come to the top of the mountain. It's like, okay, what is the realistic expectation of this team?
Speaker 7: Does that change at all for you if if this game ends up.
Speaker 4: Yes, absolutely it does. Absolutely it does.
Speaker 3: I'm going if you go and win it, if you know, if you win this game, if you win this game, if you win this game, now you're in a situation, Okay, we can we have a fighting chance?
Speaker 4: Yes? Can we can legit fight? Yeah, we can legit fight.
Speaker 6: Our way and still sneak into the playoffs, right, Like, that's what you're trying to You just need.
Speaker 3: A game, you and you would have new found faith in yours and help.
Speaker 6: Us on the way, help us on the way. Mike is on the way, dB hopefully is on the way. D Laws hopefully help is on the way. But if you lose, you look at that help and you say, you know what, chill, chill, because we're just gonna We're just gonna take the ail this year. Let's make sure we're good for next year. Yeah, And that's just the reality. You don't have to like that as fans hearing that, but those are the business decisions that have to be made with any organization, and that just happens to be the conversations that are being most likely going to be had with the Dallas Cowboys after the result of this game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's let's talk.
Speaker 3: A little bit more on that, specifically about the Cowboys offense, because without Dak Prescott, it's gonna be different. Is different necessarily a bad thing?
Speaker 4: No, I don't want to talk about that a little bit. When we come back. It's QB Vision time this week on talking Cowboys.
Speaker 3: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you.
Speaker 4: Black Rifle Coffee.
Speaker 3: Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag, box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee Today.
Speaker 5: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G. Fast, reliable, Secure.
Speaker 13: Five G requires compatible plan and device five G may not be available in your area. See add dot com slash five g for you fifty deals.
Speaker 3: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full size intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 14: If you shout how about them cowboys? You have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't.
Speaker 7: Be beat better.
Speaker 14: Yet, Gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold Doctor pepper for everyone.
Speaker 7: The wins will be even tasteier. It's a pepper thing.
Speaker 3: To the Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Back here on Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This portion of the show is brought to you by Quaker Odes, the official oatmeal sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Quaker Odes trusted since eighteen seventy seven. Scan that Quaker code. Do it right now, Scan it.
Speaker 4: Scan it.
Speaker 7: It's on the internet.
Speaker 4: Scan it by your Internet. I love it. I miss you, guys, man, I know it felt too same.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Monday through Wednesday. That's tough.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: If we're getting you for at least more than half the week, if we're getting three out of five shows, I'm in it.
Speaker 4: But I'm gonna have to have a talk with your NFL.
Speaker 1: Now, especially considering he's taunting us.
Speaker 4: By being literally literally just waving randomly.
Speaker 3: Why don't you wear seattle like dope like fashion?
Speaker 6: To get one seattle, you get one Seattle fit a week, one Seattle week and fit once.
Speaker 4: I'm brom sleep.
Speaker 1: Still with the lamb Green.
Speaker 4: Who do you would man keep all that stuff? Yeah? Yeah, and they getting a part of wardrobe. No, so some of it. I buy some of it. I get gifted by Seattle companies. You know I rep my city. You know that.
Speaker 6: No, you know how many times I have I work cracking hat or I always wear I always do it. I just do it on nationals like you start doing that.
Speaker 3: For I wear North Texas me and green all day.
Speaker 4: Baby, when we.
Speaker 6: Were doing kids, every time, everyt's episode we've shot in recent years, it was always a Seattle gear.
Speaker 4: I haven't changed. I don't change, dude.
Speaker 7: You're gonna see me in a little Lobo fit next.
Speaker 4: Yeah, little helm Lobos.
Speaker 3: Baby, they got this week they're playing like Frisco or something.
Speaker 7: All right, are they any good?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No, not this year. They'll they'll be good again, but just not this year. When Leo and Michael Yeomans are playing for.
Speaker 4: Him, they'll be They'll be badass and there you go.
Speaker 11: They'll be right right back to when I was quarterback already recruit.
Speaker 4: All right, baby, it's time for some mm hmmm, white Eddie, Why Eddie put up?
Speaker 2: It's time for QB Vision with Isaiah standback.
Speaker 6: Hi, guys, welcome back to another episode of kV Vision.
Speaker 4: Yeah here, I'm talking cowboys.
Speaker 3: Why did you turn it into a calculus professor? Because like the nineties movies Calculus.
Speaker 4: Hey man playing the Eagles. The Eagle is playing the Eagles.
Speaker 6: There's somebody that's very familiar on that side over there who just calls and pulls all the strings for the Philadelphia Eagles. And I remember a couple of years ago he was a coach for the Denver Broncos and there was a game where they had some success against Dallas Cowboys. And following that game, this individual with the initials VF.
Speaker 4: What did he say?
Speaker 3: Kyle said, it was the Blueprint saw the Blueprint had the answers to the test before the even.
Speaker 6: That's right, the Blueprint game, not Blue Streak where they're about to ruin a great game, a great movie by making a and one fact, it's ridiculous. But Vic Fundio is now the defensive coordinator for the Philadelphia Eagles. He just has You have those guys just like they just don't like you, Like there's some people that just don't like you, right, You don't know why they don't like you, They just have a beef with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't stand anybody, honestly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one of them, two or three of those comments.
Speaker 4: But I will. I woke up this morning. Oh, yeah, no has on the hand, I forgot to put in this product.
Speaker 3: B K.
Speaker 1: Why just.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I saw. That's when I saw the talk.
Speaker 15: That was that you said, I did no people's day, my friend, You're gonna see some random account with no name on it.
Speaker 9: Comment numbers, random we need Josh, Josh, that you should spend.
Speaker 4: A segment reading YouTube comments.
Speaker 11: Let's do it all the red hats.
Speaker 7: You know who you are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but quit no. See I have a hamstring and it never happened to me.
Speaker 6: Vic Fangil has success against the Dallas Cowboys when he had half the talent that he has now half half.
Speaker 4: If if talent, if that's fair, he might.
Speaker 1: Different plans.
Speaker 4: I just don't like it. It's okay, I hear you. I say few things like that. Stop talking like that.
Speaker 6: From what I have seen on film, I am unimpressed schematically, but very impressed in terms of productivity. Very simplistic defense. I mean, I mean they're running this type of defense at Compel High.
Speaker 4: School right now, even if they're undefeated, so it must be working. But they're they're running this is high school type stuff.
Speaker 7: Cover two, deep, safety.
Speaker 6: Cover six, occasionally on third down situations. You know, cover one. That's not what they really want to do. That's not their thing. They don't do well with coverage in terms of man the man coverage. They'll play three occasionally. Usually when they're playing three is usually a running situation because they want to get their safety blinking Ship.
Speaker 4: They want to get him into the pocket. They want to get him down like that.
Speaker 3: Sorry, it was the at the end, it was sorry.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So the James Jones, James Jones Thomas. Yeah, so they want to get Blake and Ship into the box. That's what they really want to do. He They play two linebackers. So when you guys watch this defense, think back to Dan Quinn.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 6: That's probably the best comparison that I make in regards to schematic, to the scheme and schematics, outside of the fact that they don't play a lot of.
Speaker 3: Many did we talk about that when Dan was hired kind of how they they did mirror each other specifically even back then, and that was without the talent and hold at hand.
Speaker 6: Yes, very much so we did. But they play two linebackers. Okay, they play four down linemen. They usually have a stand up in Joshwat likes to really stand up at the defensi end position. He is number nineteen. These guys keep changing their numbers makes it very difficult to track. But he is a He's a good player.
Speaker 4: Call it what it is. He's a good player.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: Their defensive front is dangerous.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to.
Speaker 4: Sugarcoat it for you.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 6: They're they're nasty upfront. They're they're freaking nasty upfront. Not from the necessarily outside of Josh Wett. They don't have a lot of great pass rushers on the edges, but that interior.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, yeah, buddy, yeah, Like, get your Huggies, your Pampers, your dogs. I don't like the bull man dogs. The bulldogs are definitely an interior.
Speaker 1: That's not pretending Cowboys didn't have a chance.
Speaker 6: Let's not go there, Let's go down. There's numerous guys on this defense that the Cowboys had a shot.
Speaker 4: Wait, who are you referencing?
Speaker 1: Jaylen car One.
Speaker 4: And then the guy that stands behind him, Jordan Davis, Jayleen and Jordan. Yeah, I didn't they didn't have a shot to get those guys in the draft. They went way too high.
Speaker 7: What are you talking abou Jallen Carter. We did not have a chance.
Speaker 4: He was a thirty visit. They love you know. You know I'm still standing on for to Dan. Yes, yeah, they did have a chance for that.
Speaker 7: That was several times.
Speaker 4: That was an injury thing. Oh is it now? It was? Oh, that's why they didn't do Oh got you?
Speaker 3: I mean, am I saying that they were wrong in letting him pass.
Speaker 4: I was very vocal about that. Go back into history books.
Speaker 6: Yeah you were, Yes, really wanted Kobe Dean.
Speaker 4: I really.
Speaker 1: Was not get distracted here.
Speaker 4: Boys.
Speaker 6: The reality is regardless of cowboys had a shot or not, these guys are all happened to just fall on the same team. Crazy interior defensive line Jalen Carter, number ninety eight. A complete is complete, dude, like rifle coffee complete one six three, three hundred and fourteen pounds dude.
Speaker 4: Normally you have one dude on the defensive front. Right.
Speaker 6: Nah, they double down. They said, let's go get another guy by the name of Jordan Davis. Where does he go to school? Where do you go to school?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: Let me tell you how Kirby recruits baby.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Jojia big boy to Jodge six six, three hundred and thirty six pounds of grown John coffee.
Speaker 9: It's a three mile over there, baby, just black rifle coffee, black rifle coffee.
Speaker 4: This segment is so off the right.
Speaker 6: Listen putting the big boys up front. Those two dudes, big big Jordan Davis. Okay, I call him big Baby Davis. I know he doesn't play basketball, but I call him big Baby Davis. The big fella. He requires two guys. He requires two guys standard. He's just too much John coffee for one man right next to him.
Speaker 7: He's the width of two guys. As it makes sense.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, he makes other large man look small. I don't know if anybody's ever seen like a large man. But oh, that's a big dude. Then a bigger dude walks up. You're like, I don't know what the title to put on that. Absolutely, so Jalen Carter is big as well, but he's quick. So think about a bigger Osa a diggie zula. Yep, think about a big bigger way, bigger way, bigger version of Osa diggi zuo, but just as quick.
Speaker 7: Because that's that's a mountain of a dude.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, OSAs quick. Yeah, that's my point.
Speaker 6: So you have those two big fellows in the middle, and they're a problem, and they are getting more QB pressures than you would ever imagine. They lost Reddick obviously he went he trade you know whatever, just got on the field for the Jets.
Speaker 4: So they don't have that. He had like seventeen pressures against Dallas.
Speaker 6: Like I said, so you don't have those book in defensive ends anymore. But you still have those two big fellas.
Speaker 4: In the middle, and you have Josh Sweat standing up. Now, why is that a pro?
Speaker 6: It's a problem because these guys don't have to blitz. No, they don't have to blitz. They are getting pressure on the quarterback. They when they do blitz, they usually bring one guy right and they're putting guys in the box. So even though they're playing two linebackers. I know what everybody's thinking, Oh, we could run the ball. You can't run the back as these guys. Man, these guys are top five and passing defense, top five in rushing defense. They don't allow They've had like they've allowed eight hundred yards rushing this year.
Speaker 4: That's it. That ain't good. That ain't good. Not good bye.
Speaker 6: There's a guy behind them that roam sidelined the sideline and loves contact. His name is Nana nicol Nico Nicole nicoleby Dean, What.
Speaker 4: School do you go to?
Speaker 6: Joe Crazy one of the most physical linebackers that you guys will see.
Speaker 4: Imagine very smart.
Speaker 6: Imagine a little bit bigger version of of de Marvio Overshown.
Speaker 4: That's how I would compare him.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't say as twitchy as Demo, but just as physical and bigger and bigger.
Speaker 3: He was a top fifteen draft prospect. He was on our draft magazine that year. He's he's and he dropped to the third round because of injury. He's in concerns physical specimen. He looks like a first round.
Speaker 9: It's also an academical American, which is smart. Smart dude, Yeah, I Q. And when he goes, he goes right, There's there's there space. You might have three or four yards between him, and then he just closes that gap immediately. The blanket ship cat is somebody that everybody needs to be concerned about. He's a He's an underrated safety in my opinion because of what he does.
Speaker 4: Imagine.
Speaker 6: I like making these comparisons because that's only way people could really understand what I'm referring to. Yeah, Donovan Wilson and dan Quinn's system.
Speaker 4: Okay, very impactful, Yes, probably more.
Speaker 1: We talked about that yesterday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, probably more effective and more impactful blankenship over Donno.
Speaker 4: And they give it to the people, so they something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean blanking ship is a heat seeking missile.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, he is.
Speaker 4: That's what he is.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and he's been that the last couple of years. But he's gotten better and smarter in the way that he attacked very much the film, right, he's yes, the film that he's put out there this year. He's taking that reckless abandon that he played with previously and he's bobbled it up into Just like I said.
Speaker 4: He's not just a he's not like an.
Speaker 3: Unguided missile anymore where it's just shooting blanks wherever.
Speaker 7: You can, more of a battles than a blank.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Nice.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's an FTV he's an FPV drone now, okay, FTV access right, So defensively, schematically again not great, okay, but talent wise, it's they're off the charts.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 6: You got Darius Lay out there. He's he's all right to me, he's not. I'm not really convinced with their secondary right. But they played downhill, meaning they play off. They let you get it in front of him. They're gonna come downhill. They want to hit you. There are gaps. The one weakness that I am seeing in their defense right now is they do not adjust well to motion and pre snap shifts.
Speaker 4: They don't adjust well. Oh good thing. The Cowboys run a ton of that stuff. Yeah, So hopefully that's the game plan this week. Sorry. So there's two things that I'm hopeful for.
Speaker 6: I'm hopeful that coach McCarthy's seeing the same thing that i'm seeing.
Speaker 4: Kay and Brian Shottearm. I'm praying that.
Speaker 6: They see that you can get some leverage and you can get to windows of opportunity within his zone defense by shifting and motioning your guys because they don't adjust well. They don't bump over enough. They don't adjust us. If I move a guy across the formation, they stay in zone. They don't bump out enough. I can get outside of their linebackers, outside of their down safety and run routes into their voids in his own defense. That's something that I'm seeing on film. The other thing that I'm hopeful for is that that Vic Fangio's dis hate, his hate for the Dallas Cowboys and so high that all of a sudden he starts blitzing and creates voids that haven't been present on their defense. Those are the two things that I'm hopeful for, because right now their defensive line is more dominant than our offensive line. Right now, they have more talent on defense than we have on offense, and they are playing sound, They're not making a lot of mistakes.
Speaker 11: So that alluded to this yesterday and that like, he's hoping that one of our best chances is that Philadelphia is unfocused. They're They're like, oh, we got him. It's the Cowboys that's overconfidence.
Speaker 1: Going to.
Speaker 3: I talked to Philadelphia Radio last night. I was on a hit with them in Philly Insurgent. Yeah, trying to get some inside information here. They One of the hosts on the show that I was on was saying that they are more locked in this week than they had been all year, and that's saying something to.
Speaker 4: They basically said, we don't care about the record. It's the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: We've gone back and forth and which is personal, so it kind of goes along with my thought process is like, yeah, it doesn't matter if the Cowboys are three and five, they still have the star, they still have the attention. And Philadelphia wants to come and embarrass you.
Speaker 4: Ah, isn't there another coach there on the officer? You talk about that yesterday? We really didn't talk about it, not at length. Yeah, yeah, he might not have anything against the Cowboys.
Speaker 7: Vendetta if you will.
Speaker 3: Cowboys already beat him last year when he was with the Chargers his relief of his duties.
Speaker 4: Yes, well, after that, interesting.
Speaker 3: Let's take our second break when we come back. How does Cooper Rush come back? What we just outlined in terms of this defense, How does Cooper Rush have success? How does Dallas have success going up against this Philadelphia defense when we come back with more talking Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Right after this, Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheatah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable. And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has at and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and T five G Fast, reliable, Secure.
Speaker 13: If she requires CAPAPBA plan and device five G may not be available in your area, seeatt dot com slash five G for U fifty deals.
Speaker 16: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Dear Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, cater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official Agon Turf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United Agonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 12: Hey, y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster Canhooler comes in clutch this year.
Speaker 7: You can even get them with.
Speaker 12: The iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yetti Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Eddie dot Com. Check it out today Yeddi Official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: And we're going to overtime Erica, how much have I spent on concessions?
Speaker 17: For questions about their money, Dallas Cowboys fans can turn to Erica, the virtual financial Assistant in the Bank of America mobile banking app. Learn more at Bankofamerica dot com, slash Erica by your side. Bank of America Official Bank of the Dallas Cowboys. Erica responses me. Very digital tool featured required downloading the mobile banking app and may only be available on select mobile devices. Erica is a mobile feature only available in the English language. Your chap may be recorded and monitored for qualit assurance, Message data RAS and additional terms may apply. Bank of America and a member FDIC.
Speaker 3: To Talking Cowboys. Back here on Talking Cowboys presented by Black Riper's Copies Company. This second it has brought to you by him Visiline, the official smile of the Dallas Cowboys, Patrick Noci Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah standback. We've got Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 3: We just talked about the talent and the challenge at hand in terms of the Philadelphia defense. Josh, I'm gonna start with you, what.
Speaker 4: What is one element?
Speaker 3: What is one element that Cooper Rush can bring to the table that allows them to be successful against Philadelphia this week?
Speaker 7: I think we just addressed it.
Speaker 11: I think we just addressed it with motion, getting CD out in space, getting the I liked how you opened the game against the Atlanta Falcons, where you're you're throwing quick not screen passes, but short passes down the field, short completions and just getting the ball forward.
Speaker 7: That's I think that's how you do it. You do it quickly.
Speaker 11: You don't let the pass rush have an advantage to get to you. You don't give them the opportunity. I think I would love to see a big game from Rico in this one, and not just the rushing game, but in receiving as well. I would love to see Hunter liftkey for sure, and I think you can challenge these cornerbacks. I think you can challenge Cooper de Gene. I don't think he's always cracked up to.
Speaker 4: Me, he's not.
Speaker 6: You can out leverage these guys, you can get these guys out on the on the edges. I think Cooper Rush is going to have more success than people believe. I truly do. He came in to take He came into that game dropping dimes, he was anticipating, he was doing.
Speaker 4: All the things non zero.
Speaker 6: He's cool, calm and collected man. As the other side of the pillow respect him. I have a high regard for his preparation. What he had to come in and do last week was not easy, and he should have had a pretty solid statistics, statistically solid game. But guys just did not take advantage of opportunities that afforded to them.
Speaker 7: And there's no hesitation on his either.
Speaker 6: He does not hesitate. He anticipates. That's what I like about him. He trusts what he's supposed to be doing. He depends on you to do your job. So I think that he'll have some success there. It's going to come down to this old line. It's all going to come down to this old line. Time, just time, man, and I'm not sure the time will be afforded.
Speaker 9: And that's that leads me to what I'm about to say. So, first of all, I like like I said, I said, Cooper Rush is more often than not far more successful than people would anticipate ahead of time. Right, He's one of arguably the best backup quarterback in the league.
Speaker 1: I call him cool hand Luke. He never gets low, never gets high.
Speaker 9: It's just always even kel right there, right, five and one. He is accurate most certainly right. Problem is twofold for me. One When he was helping to manage those games to wins in the absence of Dak Prescott, when Dak had the calf injury, he was tethered to a defense that was playing at an elite level and took the ball away quite a bit. It's the defense doing either one of those two things right now, not at all. He was also playing behind an offensive line that was at least solid. Is that what we're talking about now? No, Okay, play tray lance, Oh, play tray lance. It doesn't have to be a full unleashing of Trey Lance in the capacity of because first of all, let me be clear, Mike McCarthy has already stated. The rotation is Cooper Rush is going to start.
Speaker 4: And Trey Lances start. Lance.
Speaker 1: It's not what I'm saying. I'm saying play him.
Speaker 9: When I say unleash him, I mean unleash him. Even if it's just packages. You're going to need his mobility for all the things that Isaiah said that we're terrifying when it comes to the Jalen Carters, Jordan Davis's uh Nakobe Deans, and then blanket shit, he didn't even mention Josh Sweat. Josh Sweat leads the Andings in pressures coming off of the edge, leads the Eagles with five sacks coming off of the edge. My point being, all of these weapons are coming at an offensive line who hasn't been protecting well against the non blitz right, just playing straight up, they've not been protecting well. So when Vangio does bring one or two guys every once in a while to mix it up. Cooper has some mobility. He's not a statue. He has some mobility, but I I equate his mobility a little bit to Dak Prescott, whereas with Trey Lance you have pure mobility and escapability. Now what you're going to give up. There is the accuracy. Okay, that's where you got to get creative here. And that's why I say, I'm not saying put Trey Lance as the starter, but I feel like there should be some type of package, several packages there for Trey Lance, read options, things like that. You have to keep that pass rush off balance, keep those linebackers off balance. So the best way to help Cooper Rush succeed in a situation where his defense, the Cowboys defense, is not taking the ball away and the offensive line for the Cowboys is not protecting consistently is to throw Trey Lance in there every once in a while to mix things up and keep Fangio off balance.
Speaker 1: That's how you help Cooper Rush succeed.
Speaker 7: Question though, is there any I love the idea? I love it. I would love to see that. However, is there.
Speaker 11: Anything about this offense that says, absolutely, let's throw some packages in.
Speaker 7: There for Tree Lance in this game?
Speaker 1: Thus far?
Speaker 9: Though, the one thing to this is what I know, and I like, I don't anticipate it happening at all, but I feel like it needs to happen.
Speaker 1: What do you have to lose?
Speaker 4: What do you have to lose?
Speaker 1: The offense needs.
Speaker 9: An insurgent of like electricity and unpredictability.
Speaker 3: The one thing that this offense says to me that allows for packages like that and allows for the usage of Trey Lance is what we just talked about with the offensive line.
Speaker 4: The offensive line has been so bad.
Speaker 3: If you do have any sliver of concern that you're not going to be able to run the ball, which I think is significant, you haven't been able to do that.
Speaker 4: I've got a concern there.
Speaker 3: And if if you have a sliver of concern that Cooper Rush is not going to be able to navigate a dirty pocket, then use Trey Lance at times just to help negate that. I'm okay with packages. I don't want to take the ball out of Cooper Rush's hands for complete drives at a time, for complete quarters or elements of the game, and the rest.
Speaker 4: At arm absolutely and he.
Speaker 1: Has the stripes on the wall, but a change up here are in there?
Speaker 7: I mean, especially in the red zone?
Speaker 4: How many how many preseason games did Trey Lance play?
Speaker 1: All?
Speaker 4: Three? Three three? Right? We're how many games into the season right now? Eight eight eight games into the season.
Speaker 3: You know how many players have had as many rushing yards this season for the Dallas Cowboys in the eight games this season, you know how many guys on this roster have as many rushing yards as Trey Lance did in the preseason?
Speaker 10: Maybe one?
Speaker 4: One guy's name is Rico Dwell. Yeah, everyone else not great. But I know it's the preseason. I know it's different and numbers don't necessarily carry the same way.
Speaker 7: That's a quarterback we're talking about in the preseason.
Speaker 4: That's a quarterback.
Speaker 3: We're not talking about a running back or a wide receiver that's utilized as deebos Amuel or whatever.
Speaker 4: You're talking about a quarterback.
Speaker 3: And he has he had more rushing yards in those three preseason games than everyone else on your roster right now through eight games.
Speaker 1: Use him, set Rico, Absolutely use him.
Speaker 9: But then the other side of that is you need to evaluate him on her twenty twenty five. You need to know while you're sitting here paying him five million dollars right now, you need to see exactly five million dollars. You need to see what you have for him for twenty twenty five. So when I say mixing some packages like the read options and designed runs, I'm also saying give him an opportunity to come out of those sometimes and throw the ball downfield as well, Right, because one thing, just bring him in. One thing I've noticed about Cooper Rush, For as accurate as he is, five million, For as accurate as he is, he's he's more risk averse than Dak Prescott is as far as throwing the ball downfield. So Cooper will take his shots every once in a while, but as far as taking the top off consistently getting in shootouts and things like that, that's not Cooper Rush is back. Right, So I feel like in order for the Cowboys to have any kind of chance against the Eagles in these and the three games that follow, they're going to have to mix things up with a combination of Cooper Rush and Trey Lance.
Speaker 1: Is where I'm at with it. Five million divided by seventeen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, war missil arm up.
Speaker 6: This is last year's contract. Yeah, last year of his contract. I would agree wholeheartedly with you guys.
Speaker 4: If this was before the trade deadline, it's not gonna happen.
Speaker 3: And yeah, and it goes back to what we talked about earlier in the week to Mike McCarthy gave away a fourth.
Speaker 4: Here we go Mike McCarthy, is we gotta go all right?
Speaker 3: Goodbye for Patrick Walker, Josh Roderigue, is Isaiah stand back? Chris beat in the backup, cal Ye, and we'll see you tomorrow with more Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.