Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm Carol Masser along with Tim Stanovic. Let's get to some stocks on the move, and we've got a few names that we've been focusing on. One of them is Comcast the cable sector. We have continued to see media content cable changing a lot over the last ten to fifteen years in a big way. But Comcast was definitely on the move today at its highs up just about seventeen percent intra day. Tim this has Comcast plans to spin off NBC Universal in Sky into a new company holding businesses such as theme parks, film and TV studios, and also the pcock streaming service. Comcast meantime, we'll hold its original cable, TV, broadband and wireless businesses. Shareholder will have shares in both companies after the spinoff. The separation expected to take place in about a year, subject to board and regulatory approvals, and will allow both businesses to move forward with greater focus and agility, so say the company. But Comcasts finishing the day with about a four and a half percent gain, But interesting to see that.
Speaker 1: Well at the end of an era, I mean the great unbundling of content and media from Comcast. I mean they spun off CNBC and what is now MS now into Versin. Right, that stock fell when it started trading. Now it's kind of gone sideways in terms of a trade this year. And I think what's surprising to me is the timing of this, Like, why wouldn't they have spun all of them off into one single company?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I don't know as the strategy change, I mean yeah, yeah, And I think they're reacting to it right, staying with Cable for just a moment. And want to mention off of that that. Charter Communications was up as much as twenty six percent today's session, finishing the with a gain of about nine point four percent. Charter Communications bonds where the leading us higheal gainers today. Following comcast plan to spin off its media assets. There was also a Bloomberg report that Charter and SpaceX have been in talks about a consumer mobile phone offering. Comcast move could pave the way for M and A across both the connectivity and media businesses. According to a note from Bloomberg Intelligence, Alis Githa bringing Athon and Ravino Douglas. I do also want to just layer on top of that Wall Street Journal writing the Comcast News has quote investors betting on the prospect of Comcast acquiring Charter after the Splits completion to bolster its broadband operations and the prospects of growing competition. So there's those two cable companies, and I'm going to throw one more at at you. We talked about SpaceX and Tesla both rallying today, some stuff going on there. We continue to watch those two companies, But I thought more interesting was rocket Lab. It was top of the Nasdaq one hundred rocket Lab agreeing to buy Iridium Communications. It was a cash and stock transition transaction combining launch capabilities and satellite manufacturing with Iridium's low Earth orbit network. The deal putting the satellite communications company about an eight billion dollar enterprise value. The move aiming to create a competitive, vertically integrated space company and gives rocket Lab a foothold in the emerging market of direct to device providing satellite service to smartphones and other equipment. So basically going at SpaceX, don't you think, And basically Starlink. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, like we spoke about last week with the founder of Hubble Network, I'm pretty reliant on SpaceX.
Speaker 3: But looking at like you kind of teased a little bit. Yeah, the companies that they may work with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but no question, SpaceX is the leader at this point.
Speaker 3: All right, that's my gainers today? Did I mention?
Speaker 2: What was.
Speaker 3: Rocket Lab? Up? Okay?
Speaker 1: At let's fix Okay, sorry, Let's go do some stocks that are making big moves after hours. I want to start with Concentrics. Shares of the company falling in after hours trade, and the company cut its twenty twenty six guidance. Their concerns about what's happening when it comes to AI. Shares down about twenty five and a half percent. In terms of what actually moved the company lower in the after hours, the software company slashed its full yer outlook. The company forecast reported revenue and adjusted earnings per share for the third quarter that fell short of Wall Street's expectations. Once again, Concentrics shares down in the after hours by about twenty five percent. Let's also talk about SMCI super micro computer worst performer in the S and P five hundred today. This afternoons that the offices in Taiwan were raided by government authorities. It's part of an investigation into the alleged smuggling and video chips into China. Using the company servers, investigators rated the residences of six individuals and the sites of three affiliated companies, including super Micro's Taiwan office, Howey's data center operator, and super Micro distributor Albatron Tech. It's part of Taiwan's crackdown on aichip diversion. Taipei considering criminalizing exports of AI chips to China and fortifying its export controls to better align with the US smci IS. The ticker shares fell by eight point one percent, and I might not have mentioned Concentrics ticker CNXC.
Speaker 2: This stock movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.