Speaker 1: It is the sixty sixth camp in franchise history, it is the fifteenth in Saint Joseph, and it is the defending AFC champions and a team that has been the most successful team in the major professional sports over the past ten years in our country. It is defending the Kingdom. It's attacking everything and embracing the processes. It's brought to you by Ticketmaster, your best friend. Throughout this entire schedule coming up, including a great, great home schedule at GHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium. But while we're in camp, it's always time to highlight and lift up the folks at Mosaic Life Care, proud presenting partner and official health care provider of the Kansas City Chiefs Training Camp. As a member the Mayo Clinic Care Network, Mosaic is investing in the future of healthcare and investing in their people, their technology, their services to offer the best and safest care while keeping local care local, and their footprint in the four state area has been dynamic.
Speaker 2: Let's keep it on an.
Speaker 3: RPO at the it's a lead pluck. It goes into the hands on this hut.
Speaker 1: Touch down, chan Sitty, Hi everyone, I'm Mitch Hold this Voice of the Chiefs along with a senior team reporter. I'm Matt McMullen. Welcome to training camp, ladies and gentlemen. Hell yeah, only my thirty second camp.
Speaker 3: And for you this will be nine for me, nine camps.
Speaker 4: So you can hear the lawnmower in the background, the rush of the wind, are sweat dripping.
Speaker 1: Off of hydrated the ivy bottles n s. That's great and at some point we know how the storms rolling in. It's just part of camp. But anyway, here we are, Matt to have this sixty sixth camp and the thirteenth with Andy Reid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm fired up. This is really where you see the foundation for this team laid right. And we've talked about OTAs, we've talked about mini camp, all that stuff that's super important. We believe in the entire offseason training program. But finally, after months and months of waiting, we've seen the guys out there on the practice fields playing football and no padded practices yet. Were on the ramp up period right now. Today was what like an hour forty or so. We'll eventually work up to two hour and twenty five minute practices with pads on not there yet, but we're getting there for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that'll be Sunday, the first day in pads, and I'm going to rip off the we're going to entitle this Defending the Kingdom. I'm going to rip off one of coaches four pillars that he brought to us way back in January of twenty thirteen and changed all of our lives. But one of them is attack everything, and we're going to talk about attacking this training camp and embracing the competition because we have some real competition at some of these spots.
Speaker 2: We'll touch on some of that.
Speaker 1: We'll also have a live stream tomorrow from here in camp and so we'll get into some of those position groups even deeper. But we're gonna kind of gloss over the whole thing. But before we do all of that. Absolutely, it's camp tradition. It's a DTK tradition to go around the world. I've about three for you today, perfect, and I got one for you as well.
Speaker 4: Okay, So I heard from Lindsey and Rob originally from Newcastle, England.
Speaker 3: You ever been there?
Speaker 4: I'm not Soun's a good place I want to go me too. They're now on Long Island though.
Speaker 3: In New York.
Speaker 4: Rob boys love football, but never had a team until they watched Quarterback on Netflix that first season The Quarterback. Yeah, they both fell in love with the Chiefs and have been on board ever since. Rob is also an incredible artist and sent along and drawing of you that was very good, so I can show that to you later.
Speaker 3: Heard from Jordan. You love this. So he's originally from Mitchellville, Iowa, Mitchellville.
Speaker 1: I it's well, it's it's it's near Okay, So I was kid Brad g right. There is a school called Southeast Pole.
Speaker 3: That's where he went to school.
Speaker 1: Southeast Polk is in the east part of Des Moines. They are called the Rams. But here's where I've got to I've got it.
Speaker 4: She told me all this stuff. I was gonna surprise you with this, but you already know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Rennolds, Altoona, Mitchellville, Schools, pleasant Hill.
Speaker 2: These are city towns and then s is uh.
Speaker 3: I think it's schools schools.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it's he said, runnelds Altuna, Mitchellville, schools rams.
Speaker 1: But there's a p in there. There's like Pleasant Hill. They should be the ramps leading Pleasantville out.
Speaker 3: Maybe I misread it. I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's a key part of their community. Wow.
Speaker 1: And they just leave Pleasant Hill out and so they should be the Ramps. And on the side of their helmet would be an on ramp to an interstate like Interstate eighty. They're they're right in Interstate eighty, right by Prairie Meadows, the amusement park Adventureland. So, oh my gosh, me the Ramps. I'm gonna go to the school board. You'll have one of the more interesting names in the Chief's kingdom. So shout out to Jeorgie's Polk High School.
Speaker 3: Maybe I misread it. Maybe it was the Ramps. I think it was the Rams.
Speaker 2: Though they're the Rams, but there should be the Ramp.
Speaker 4: It's also the alma mater a former chief. Do you know who it is? This is kind of a yeah.
Speaker 1: Kyle Orton, Yeah, number eight baby yep led that glorious win over the Packers.
Speaker 3: The previously undefeated Packers.
Speaker 4: The Packers probably would have gone undefeated at least in the regular season that year if not for Kyle Orton and Thomas Jones.
Speaker 1: Let's go, what were the Packers thinking flying home that night?
Speaker 2: Short flight going? We just lost to the Chiefs and they weren't very good.
Speaker 3: You were seven to nine that year.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Jordan Nelson's a good friend, played on that Packer team. Yeah, awesome wide receiver K State and he's in College Football Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: I've never asked him about that game.
Speaker 1: It's but I'm going to do at some point because that seems that was such weird and Kyle Larton was so.
Speaker 3: Good at that enough time has passed now you can ask him about it.
Speaker 2: Love Kyle Larton.
Speaker 1: He did look like the guy that would be like behind the bar serving you at the time instead of like the most cut Dude's exactly a little bit of a dad bud going.
Speaker 3: On Uncle Rico situation football.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Uhland one State.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Jim in Mount Pleasant, Michigan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, home of the Central Michigan University was his first job was in Freeport, Illinois, home of the Pretzels, Fighting Pretzels.
Speaker 1: I love that nickname, the Fighting Pretzels. Yeah, yep, let's go Pretzels.
Speaker 3: What I got today?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Cool, pretty good one.
Speaker 1: So we ended the last DTK, you know, was before the only time the NFL has a plant shut down and guys scatter and we said, we're gonna go take a nap.
Speaker 3: From how we closed that, and we did, and we did, and.
Speaker 1: You had an awesome trip with your awesome wife and I had an awesome trip with my awesome wife.
Speaker 2: But we're gonna get away like nobody knows you or anything.
Speaker 1: Five minutes in we check into where we're going to be, we thought, hey, let's go grab some food because we've been traveling all day. Five minutes into it, a dude goes.
Speaker 3: Hey, you're that guy. You're that guy, and.
Speaker 2: He's a Kingdom defender.
Speaker 3: Got through.
Speaker 1: He's got like three letter his name is Travis. I'm gonna get this right. Kriegshauser, very German.
Speaker 2: It's cool.
Speaker 1: Kreegshassa, Kreegshasser, Travis Kreegsasser for you folks in Deutschland. But uh lives in wake Forest, North Carolina. Not where wake Forest is. That's one of the tricks here. That's in Winston Salem. This is a whole other town, although wake Forest is. I think wake Forest started in this town and then moved to Winston Salem. But anyways, from wake Forest, North Carolina. Loves the Kingdom, loves defending the Kingdom, loves you tolerates me from Colby Cans.
Speaker 3: Let's go Oasis of the Planes.
Speaker 1: Oasis and you've been there many times?
Speaker 3: Sure have love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've had let Pip relieve. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So it's a wonderful place. You have like metal palm trees and that reminds me the way go Colby Eagles, not not Philadelphia Colby. When we were driving to the Grand Tetons, that was like our vacation this year. We went to the Grand Titans and Yellowstone. We were in the like southern Wyoming, so just over the Colorado border, and we went to a gas station and I put this on Twitter.
Speaker 3: Some people saw it.
Speaker 4: It was like this whole setup with like Broncos gear, you know, like just the like there would be here like Chief's gear, but it's all Broncos gear. It's like Broncos shirts, Broncos hat, all this stuff. And there was a Chief's hat right in the middle of the display. It's all Broncos stuff, and then the Chiefs hat right in the middle, and I'm like, this is amazing.
Speaker 3: So I thought you'd like that.
Speaker 2: Did you put it there?
Speaker 4: I did not put it there. Some person apparently they're selling those so I'm all for it.
Speaker 2: Did Ellie the one that called the coyote put it there?
Speaker 4: She didn't know, but she was in full support. You know, Ellie might go to the This is pretty funny. Say the Chiefs play the Broncos in Denver every year. My in laws are Broncos fans. It's kind of contentious. But Ellie normally doesn't go to road games. She's going to go to the Broncos Chiefs game in Denver this year. And tom My father in law, of course, will be wearing Broncos stuff and his daughter will be wearing chief scear at this game, and he has to wonder what happened.
Speaker 2: You know. Well, I'm very proud of her.
Speaker 1: She married money, so it's all good. Yeah, And Travis Creek's house are a huge Chiefs fan. Colby, Kansas, By the way, Colby has an awesome basketball tournament every year called the Orange and Black Classic, and they're they're the Orange, the Orange and Black. Every team in this tournament is an Orange and Black team.
Speaker 3: It's cool.
Speaker 2: How cool? Is that? Super cool?
Speaker 1: Way to go Colby A Travis also Cale stater, by the way, but he's he's like a leading business dude. In the seed business on the Atlantic seaboard. So in five steps was like, hey, and Tammy's like, of course, okay, but that was okay.
Speaker 2: So shout out to the Creekhouse.
Speaker 1: Creek's House, and that was Charleston, right, Charleston, South Carolina, which by the way, is an awesome town. And Rod Wilson, who's on our staff, is from there near there, small town. He's got you gotta have Charleston shrimp and grits. Okay, I'm not a fan of grits, he goes, No, the Saint grits. Like you've ever had grits? Oh my gosh, I would have had it every night. Yeah, I had it three times. It sounds great. Yep, it was great. That humidity. He probably prepared you for this. Yeah, oh yeah, but that town is amazing so obviously historic but a great place to go chill. And you got the ocean, but you got the harbor and blah blah blah. But anyway, yes, so you for you Coastal Carroll. No, it actually it's the College of Charleston is there in Charleston Southern and the Citade Citadel, the Citel is so cool. Yeah, we were on campus for a while checking out the citadel.
Speaker 3: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: We're on campus here at Missouri Western State University in Saint Joseph, the fifteenth time we've been here.
Speaker 2: Now it's been sixteen years.
Speaker 1: But remember twenty twenty was COVID and you and I had training camp in a tent about four hundred yards from humans the weirdest and a bathroom a half mile away, and we had like you know, convenience store sandwiches. It was a great camp. But let's jump into this one. There are ninety one humans on this team. Four quarterbacks, six running backs, seven tight ends, thirteen wide receivers, fifteen offensive linemen, fourteen defensive lineman, nine linebackers, and nineteen defensive backs. Throw in four specialists, and there's your ninety one, not that we're keeping track.
Speaker 4: And if you're wondering why is it ninety one, Well because of Chew Godrick, who's on this team originally from Nigeria. In training camp during the offseason, you're allowed to have an international player exemption. So even though the roster is supposed to be only be at ninety, we have ninety one players because of Chew Godrick.
Speaker 3: So that's how that number ends up being what it is.
Speaker 1: It is hard to argue a team that is we take the and CBF Sports put this out by the way, I've been using the barograph when I speak publicly. But the fact that of the you take MLB, you take the NBA. In the NFL, the Chiefs are the most successful team at seventy five percent win percentage over a ten year span that includes three years of Alex Smith at quarterback and seven years with Patrick Mahomes. Why do I say that to start this conversation is the fact that that is the byproduct of this and Andy Coach Reid mentioned it in his opening press conference here. But Matt and I tell you on defending the Kingdom just how important every OTA is. That may matters in June, matters, but when you get the camp, the OTAs and mandatory mini camp is to put you on an on ramp, speaking of ramps, into this moment so that you hit this moment running, not jogging or waiting or you're waiting on some guy to get in shape. It's none of that. This is he mentioned the sense of urgency in every day and we sense it when we're here and been around coach here in this camp for thirteen years now.
Speaker 4: The Chiefs are one of only six teams that still goes away for training camp. Everyone else just does it at their team facility, and it's kind of like what it was like for us in twenty twenty, where it's just like an extended practice period.
Speaker 3: They don't have this whole experience.
Speaker 4: And obviously the football aspect of this is super important, and we're going to talk all about it, but I truly believe it's all the other stuff that really makes this team so sucessful. It's that they're staying in the dorms up here. You have to get to know everyone. You have no choice. You're eating lunch together, you're eating dinner together, breakfast together, you're studying together.
Speaker 3: It is all football all the time up here.
Speaker 4: And I think for the players, they go away, they do all their stuff, they go on vacation, they take care of what they have to take care of, but they all come here together and it's all football before the season starts. And again, not every team does that. Most don't do that. Most training camps take place at a team facility. It's just like a normal practice. You do all your stuff and then you go home. It's like your job, but here the guys are up here like for weeks at a time, and then it's just one hundred percent football. And I think those relationships and those bombs that you build, they pay off in the long run. Right when things are difficult in November or December, January, hopefully February, you're leaning back on bonds that you made all the way in July and in August. And the football stuff obviously very important, but you can't discount all the other stuff that happens up here.
Speaker 2: Let's be honest.
Speaker 1: There's a big sacrifice here for the folks that work in the organization, especially when you look at the equipment staff, and you look at athletic training and our video staff or coaches videos for us in our sixty five TPT crew. One, it's a physical task to move your whole organization an hour away. Two, you're saying goodbye to your family for a lot of time. I mean, Pat's got the new little one. Yeah it's so cute, but Pat had to say goodbye to his three little kids who he loves. But when he comes up here, Pat's all in. And so I put it out on Twitter slash x that you know, my stomach turns. It was my thirty second camp, and every camp feels a new But this is such a powerful time to build a winning team. I do not if the league gets completely away from this, the league will suffer.
Speaker 2: Think about this.
Speaker 1: When you were a youth and you went to scouting camp, you were an eagle scout. You go to Bible camp, you go to science camp. When you go there, you go there to stay. And yes, what you learn is important, but it's also the relationships that you build and learning how to deal with each other.
Speaker 2: This is a super hard sport and it is such a long grind.
Speaker 1: We have had the shortest off seasons for three straight years. But this camp is so important you cannot you cannot overlook what being at this camp means. The fact that yes, they do all the work on the field, but they are together all the time, and when the stuff hits the fan, which it will for every team during out the season, it'll happen several times. You harken back on this moment. And so when coach says there's a sense of urgency, it's not just learning the plays and getting it down and being able to execute. It's who will be their shoulder to shoulder with a band of brothers and sisters that you're sharing this with. It's like when you're in the military and you go to basic training. You don't do that and go home every night. So and even for the married folks, they got to leave their families, and so I just think it's so vialable to do it. It's tough to do it, but I can't more teams don't do it well.
Speaker 4: And Also, one thing that really stuck with me from Coach Reid months ago. It was in one of the first press conferences he did maybe after the Super Bowl, and when we were turning the page to this year, he talked about how much he enjoys and the importance of the process. And I think the reason a lot of teams get into trouble the year after they lose the Super Bowl is because they're just trying to fast forward to that moment to correct that wrong. And it's like, oh, we're just going to fast forward to that. What you can't because it's really hard to get to the Super Bowl. You have to invest in the process of every single step along the way to get there. Fortunately, the Chiefs have a ton of experience with this obviously, going to seven straight AFC Championship games, going to five super Bowls over the last six years, they know how important it is to invest in every single day. We can't just fast forward to the super Bowl right in February. We have to think about today, which is what July twenty third, How do we get better today on July twenty third tomorrow, it'll be about July twenty fourth. That all compounds and hopefully helps you get to the Super Bowl. Lots of teams like to overlook that stuff. It's human nature, but the Chiefs are so fortunate that they don't. They're committed and then they enjoy the process of getting there, and most teams, frankly don't enjoy that process.
Speaker 1: And if people say that it's such an excellent point, man, in fact, go all the way back, all the way back, just scroll down and find our very first defending the Kingdom after Super Bowl fifty nine and what was it? Infrastructure? Yeah, And so I got asked Monday night. It was an event in Springfield with Dan and Hughes, the analyst on with Chi's started a network two hundred people Springfield.
Speaker 2: Such an awesome Chiefs Kingdom Town.
Speaker 1: But it was asked about hangover losing that Super Bowl down thirty four to nothing into the Eagles getting wiped out, and is there a hangover? I said, go back to our defending the Kingdom way back when where we talked about infrastructure and to me, that infrastructure rolls on one single event does not change the train that moves down the track, and that's what you're saying. The other key part of this camp is that we have our new draft picks and we're excited about the twenty five class. We have new free agents. Jalen Moore has been working with the number ones at right tackle. He was a forty nine er now Christian Fulton's on the pup right now, but Elijah Mitchell running back also from the forty nine ers. New guy Gardner Minshew's been around a couple teams in the league. These are guys that were on teams in the past. This goes to your process and then the undrafted rookie free agents. There's a gob of them here at seven draft picks. This is so important to accelerate learning and being around the culture that you mentioned, and it's the process to me times five because this is all condensed into about a three and a half week period where it's on.
Speaker 4: If you're a rookie or you're a free agent that came from another team, you learn really quickly what it means to be a Chief, and I think you quickly understand why this team has been so successful. We say this like every single week on DTK, But the Chiefs don't just roll out there and say we've got Patrick Mahomes, We've got Travis Kelcey and Chris Jones, We're going.
Speaker 3: To be good.
Speaker 4: There's so much work that goes in behind the scenes and the work that goes in up here. I mean it's hot. I mean right now it is eleven thirty. It's already eighty four degrees. I think it was like eighty five percent humidity when I first checked this morning. I mean, it can be kind of miserable. But you're out of here practicing at Missouri Western to get ready for hopefully a Super Bowl later this year. But you can't fast forward to that moment. How do you get there? These guys know how to do it. It's not about talking about it or saying, hey, we just got to breeze through the season. All you think about is today? How do we get better today? And not every team's like that. And I think for our guys, like our free agents that you're mentioning are the rookies, this is so great for them because they realize this is what it takes to be a champion. If Patrick Mahomes is doing this, a guy that could be in the Hall of Fame if he retired today. If he's coming out here and attacking July twenty third, I better do the same thing.
Speaker 2: And he was awesome today.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he was making pinpoint throws and he was spreading it around. Taekwon Thornton with a catch, Hollywood Brown with a catch. He went back to Xavier Worthy again. He and at your point. And this is why we're calling this Defending the Kingdom episode. Attack Everything. Patrick attacks this camp. Kelsey attacks this camp. Yeah, And tomorrow on our live stream, we're gonna feature Chris Jones on the defensive line. I've never seen Chris Jones and I'm trying not to do recency bias. I've never seen Chris Jones work harder than he has right now, and that includes going back to May in June and mandatory mini camp. He's attacked the start of this camp. And if you're a Chiefs fan, that should excite you the most. And if you're an NFL fan, going, oh, the Chiefs are going to be three and fourteen, there's going to be a Super Bowl hangover that may happen. I don't think it will be because of the way this team is attacking this.
Speaker 4: So yesterday was day one of training camp. Day one, we're in the ramp up period right. Like I said earlier, it's all about kind of easing into this. Well, Chris after practice was over, was doing the thing where he had like the harness and he had the the sled, he had like these bar bells behind him. He's just working on strength training. No one's telling him to do this, He's just like, I want to do it. On day one, there's seventeen practices up here and Chris Jones again and another player that would be a Hall of Famer if you're retired today. A three time Super Bowl champion is up here on July twenty second in Saint Joe doing the sled after practice just because he wants to tells you everything you need to know, a.
Speaker 1: Little bit of a groundhog day. But that's part of a little bit of attacking it in the fact that this tests you mentally and emotionally because you have breakfast, you get treatment, you get ready to go, you hit this practice and again they're coming with the pads and two twenty five practices. But then you go back, you get in the cold tub, you get a treatment, you eat, maybe get a little nap, but then you have a walk through in the afternoon at the indoor facility. Then you eat again, but then you have meetings at night, and so there's just it's pound pound pound every day. It's like going to some intercession class in college where you're taking it like morning, noon, and night, and then it's every day. There'll be some off days sprinkled in there. But it's also to give you an assimilation of the season. The season is a grind. Who can handle the grind in November and December. Think how good this team has been in Dece winning nine straight AFC West championships. There's a reason that happens, and it's not just talent and so attacking and embracing the fact that it is groundhog day, but fighting through it mentally and emotionally is as big as it is physically.
Speaker 3: You fired up. I can't I'm ready to go.
Speaker 1: I got through the whole Am I going to puke or go to the bathroom every five minutes?
Speaker 2: Then you get through that stage and you're let's attack it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, you know what's cool about this too, is that everybody has a chance. And it would be very easy to look out at a lot of the players that maybe you don't know their name yet and say, I don't know that guy, He's probably not going to make the team. But every single year there are players that come out here and surprise us. They make this team and they make an impact later on in the season. Nico Romihio is a great example, a player that two years ago was one of the darlings of training camp. He got hurt, was out for the season. Okay, got to do it all again the next year and last training camp. He was excellent once again, ends up making this team, and he made some big plays later in the year, really helped save this team on kick return and made some big plays on kick return. I think about the Houston game and the Pittsburgh game. So every single player that's out here is being evaluated every single day, on every single play.
Speaker 3: That's one of Coach Reed's sayings.
Speaker 4: And just because you don't know their name doesn't mean they don't have a chance to not only make this team, but to help this team win. So with that in mind, you want to talk about some position groups. What do you think, Yeah, let's close it this way. We're just going to gloss over this. We'll crop dust this because we're going to dive into some others on some other podcasts in our live streams and do a deep dive into single position groups as we go down.
Speaker 2: I laid them all out for you.
Speaker 1: How many there, Let's just crop dust it here that the ones you're interested in. Yeah, because I will say this because it's talk about embracing the competition. There are guys that have been on this team. They're gonna have to fight their tail off to make this team. And it'll be interesting to follow it because there have been some talent added. But where do you think some of your more interesting position groups are?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm interested in I'll start on office. Running back is interesting because we have good players there and over the last couple of years, the Chiefs have kept just maybe four running backs, maybe five running backs.
Speaker 3: That's kind of your limit.
Speaker 4: And there are more than five running backs on this roster right now that I think are pretty good players. So running back is interesting. Elijah Mitchell, the kid from San Francisco. What can he bring to this camp? He was really good when he was healthy with the forty nine ers. And Carson Steele. I was talking about Camp darlings. Carson Steel was the Camp darling last year. Well, now he has to do the whole thing over again. Tight End is interesting as well. Jake brenning Stool, the UDFA out of Clemson. He's a rookie, didn't get drafted, but signed with this team after the draft was over looked. Really good throughout the offseason training program. Got a little banged up toward the end of it there, but he's healthy now. Made a good catch today in the end zone, like during seven on sevens, went up there and got it like a jump ball sort of do But Robert Tanian as a player to keep in mind. So Tanyan was a good player for the Packers. A handful of years ago. We talked to him. He thought he'd be there his whole career. Well it didn't work out that way. He's here now. He's still pretty young and still has I think a lot left in the tank. So Robert Tanning is a guy that I'm watching as well. But I mean, generally you only keep around four tight ends, So who's going to make the cut there, We'll have to wait and find out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and if you're going to keep four running backs, then it gets tense. If you're going to keep four tight ends and four running backs, then what do you do at wide receiver? Which is going to be another position group to watch really closely. I'll just crop us the cornerback group. The cornerback group is going to be interesting to follow every day of this camp because think of Noel Williams, the draft pick at of Cow. He's talented, he's got special teams acumen, which if you're going to be the fifth corner on this team, you're not only going to be a dime corner. You better be a four core special teams dude. So there is one there, but you can sit there and do the math. There are nineteen defensive backs, as I mentioned in this camp. When you look at and we do a lot of cross like hybrid guys or they corners or safeties. But generally if you look in this camp, you could say there are eleven corners. Of those nineteen you're gonna keep maybe five maybe six, But if you keep six, you're gonna rob his safety.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: And so cornerback will be something we'll dive into more as we get into it. But again, that will be something to watch every day of this camp. And keep in mind there have been guys on this team that won Super Bowl rings. They're going to be fighting for their lives to make this too.
Speaker 4: I think linebacker is pretty interesting as well. I think we have a lot of depth at linebacker. Jeffrey Bass, the rookie out of Oregon, really impressed me during the offseason training program. Jack Cochran is coming back from injury. Jack looks really good so far. I think Cam Jones has been like a four core special teamer on this team for years, So a bunch of competition. I think, not maybe at your starting linebacker spots, but at the fourth, fifth, maybe sixth guy. A lot of competition there. And again, you have to be a four core special teamer if you're gonna be that fifth or sixth linebacker. So looking forward to seeing that group as well. A lot of competition I think three out this roster, and Brettveach told me a long time ago that he thinks his job is to create competition.
Speaker 3: It's not as.
Speaker 4: Simple as you pencil in the player he's our starter and we're good to go. It's like we need to have depth at every single spot, and it's a good problem to have if you have multiple players vying for one spot and it's hard to say goodbye to a player. We haven't even talked about left tackle yet either with Josh Simmons and Jalen Moore, but a lot of competition throughout this camp and hopefully when you have a chance to come up here. It's not just about necessarily left tackle. It's also about who's going to be that fifth linebacker, who's going to be that fifth or sixth corner, because.
Speaker 3: Throughout the years we've seen these players.
Speaker 4: It might not be in Week one, but at some point down the road, they're going to make a difference.
Speaker 2: One of our jobs is to make you feel like you're at camp.
Speaker 1: Every day, and our sixty five TPT crew is doing that. Our social team is doing that. So we have fans we know from Laolou Laus Let we go low Lao we know what hemisphere of the Philippines are in now north. We've heard of a lot of you from Western Europe. Every time we go around the world, we hear from you. I want you to feel like you're at camp here every day and it reminds you that Camp is brought to you and our presentations brought to you by Mosaic Life Care, proud presenting partner and official health care provider of the Chiefs Training Camp. A member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network, Mosaic is investing in the future of healthcare and investing their people, their technology, their services done for the best and safest care while keeping local care local, huge impact in the.
Speaker 2: Ford State area. Here.
Speaker 1: We want all of you around the world to feel like you are here. But if you're going to be here, then you need to be like every human being here, especially this team, and that is attack everything and embrace the competition.