Speaker 1: Welcome to Reality with the King. It's me Carlos Kings, the King of Reality TV and one of the most sought after executive producers in reality television with over ten years of production experience. Twice a week on Reality with the King, we'll sit down with my friends across the entertainment industry, recap our favorite reality shows and revisit un forget about moments that we are still talking and tweeting about.
Speaker 2: Also as.
Speaker 3: What you're doing.
Speaker 4: Taking care of myself okay, yes, putting me first, that's the name of the game.
Speaker 1: I want to be able to lie because listen is Reality with the King.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: And the beauty of Reality with the King is I'm stepping into your reality.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 3: So I'm here, Yes, we are here, and I want to get in the booth.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Yes, the song the mic is on. Okay, okay, I like it. Tour, have you on my stage?
Speaker 1: We're going on tour.
Speaker 2: We're going on tour.
Speaker 3: Before we get on.
Speaker 4: Tour, I okay, okay, we gotta spill the tea, all right, all right, because you know, music is like your baby, you know what I mean, So it really matters out of all the work that I've done in my life. It really matters the most what people feel and and vibe and and think of my music and me as a musical artist.
Speaker 2: You know, this, by far was my scariest bike. You know venture I can say thus far in my whole career.
Speaker 5: Believe it or not, I've heard nothing you said because I'm distracted by your beauty.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, listen that lefore we did, We did that phase.
Speaker 2: You know what it is?
Speaker 1: I think I met you before, but your energy and your vibe is giving like not not that you weren't confident when I met you, but it's giving a certain level of.
Speaker 5: Calmness, serenity, happiness.
Speaker 3: You know what it is. It's giving freedom. I feel like you're free, you know what I'm saying. And and honey, you are beat to the gods.
Speaker 2: You are listening for you, I had to from head to toe.
Speaker 4: I called him the best glam okay that I know in all of Atlanta.
Speaker 1: So did you pay them? Because they said, are we starting off?
Speaker 2: Listen? Nobody?
Speaker 3: I don't don't know.
Speaker 2: No, No, let's talk about it.
Speaker 3: Do you want to?
Speaker 2: Yes, let's talk about it.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Somebody said, what are your former Okay? Uh huh, said that you did not pay him, and he's waiting for him.
Speaker 4: That one to be my face today, the one that be my face today, said.
Speaker 3: That is he?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was here, they saw him. Yeah, he'd be my face today. He was here for he bay for his job back.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, are you hello, freedom on the beat? Yes? What's freedom on the beat today?
Speaker 3: Guys?
Speaker 2: And he did it for my assistants there, he did it for Oh. Oh okay, let's talk about it because what they say is a lot of things. But I am here with you to clear up the lies.
Speaker 4: It takes a lots of gag Carlos, no lies so ever.
Speaker 3: Actually, so the check cleared.
Speaker 2: The check always.
Speaker 4: Clears, honey, because my bland can tell you, my people. I really pride myself because I've been in businesses two thousand and five.
Speaker 2: I've been working since I was eight years old.
Speaker 3: In Hollywood twenty years.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, we're gonna thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 4: My mom was my business manager growing up, and you know, she taught me and instilled in me like good work, habits and integrity, you know, and so paying people with my little business, you know, the.
Speaker 2: Little engine that could. I really am happy to be able to pay my invoices.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say that.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I didn't even he yet, you know what I mean, So it's okay.
Speaker 3: Also need to love about net thirty.
Speaker 2: I don't even do net thirty, don't.
Speaker 4: I just learned about net thirty and I'm like, well, hold on because my people like same day service, the zell and the wires and so now we've done like a three to five business days.
Speaker 2: Guys, that's good. I want a few.
Speaker 4: Voices on Christmas Eve and I'm like, I wasn't my kids, but I still send it because you know, I know how important it is for the house. So like, I really treat my people well. Like I have chefs. Everybody knows my chef.
Speaker 2: I've had her on my chef.
Speaker 4: I keep a chef, and I love to throw those appreciations in employee engagement, dinner's, lunches, pool parties, Like I really appreciate the people because I understand it takes a lot to show up, you know it does. It takes a team, and it's not just me operating it. So all those things you hear, I'm here to tell you don't believe it.
Speaker 3: Well no, but that's amazing. Why I am here.
Speaker 5: This has been two years in the making. I wanted to talk to you.
Speaker 1: Last season things can't work out logistically, and this year we get a chance to sit down and clear the air.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I know that you know that.
Speaker 5: And it's funny because when I met you for the first time at Si Bashery fashion show and he was like, you.
Speaker 2: Don't like me? What do you mean, Drew. I'm not saying anything bad about you.
Speaker 3: You don't like me, I said, Drew, I actually like you a lot.
Speaker 5: But what I will say this season on the Real Housewives of Atlanta Season sixteen, it's an amazing season and we are being Drew Sidora.
Speaker 2: Oh thank you.
Speaker 1: Feel the difference with the audience reception of you this season than past seasons.
Speaker 4: You know, I try not to get caught up in that because I kind of just since I've come on the show, it's like I just let the cameras catch me where I am. I live my reality and I kind of leave it there, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So you know, I hear things.
Speaker 4: Obviously, people keep me in tune with what's going on, but I really don't know what the fans want, you know, I hear things. Of course I see a few things, but I really just try to stay in my truth and in my integrity, and I just feel like, for whatever reason, I've gotten some labels that just are not real, you know.
Speaker 2: And I wanted to.
Speaker 4: Sit down with you because you know, you may talk to people here and there and do your little interviews, but I felt like with you, what I appreciate is that you are able to humanize things, and I felt like, from the first time we talked, like you actually care, you know, And I just wanted to be able to have this moment to sit down to just clear up a lot of the misconceptions about me and just really give an opportunity unfiltered to talk about, you know, everything anything.
Speaker 2: I'm an open book, always have been.
Speaker 4: But sometimes what you see in the matter of a couple of minutes doesn't tell the full story.
Speaker 5: No, And as a producer, I know that I know them, know that. And listen, when you came on the show, we were all excited. We know you from the game you play Iconic t on T Boss Watkins and the TLC biopic on VH one.
Speaker 3: You had a long career.
Speaker 1: I love going on Twitter and seeing old movie clips of you. I know, right, you know what I'm saying because a lot of us are reminded that Juice Door has always been that girl. So when you got on the show, there was this, and we talked about this off camera a couple of years ago. There was this perception that, Okay, it's giving Tyler Perry movies.
Speaker 3: You know, is Drew acting?
Speaker 1: Is she not able to sit in the moment? And I remember talking to you about that, just us Chatty, and I want the world to know this. When I said that to you to your face, you did not understand it, and you were so caught off guard. You said, Carlos, do you really think I'm not being real? And I was like, it comes across a little acting, and you were so.
Speaker 5: Not upset by that's the wrong word, but you were perplexed by that comment. I want to talk to you about that because I said it on my podcast before, like.
Speaker 3: Is it acting?
Speaker 1: And your reaction to me was so real. So I want to talk about that. Why were you shocked by that response that I gave you?
Speaker 4: Honestly, I was shocked because, like I said, I never really get caught up in what the fans say, or I'm an actress, you know, if people didn't like me from this role or that's that role or the game, and it's like, okay, that's my work, and I kind of just leave it there and move on to the next. So with this, I'm like I chose to come on reality because it was not something I ever saw myself doing, but because I felt like people have seen me in these various roles but never seen me as like the human being that I am and seeing the good, the bad, the ugly.
Speaker 2: The struggle.
Speaker 4: And I felt like after COVID, you know, I was going through like a rupture to Achilles, and I was like, I want to just be more vulnerable, you know. I want to have an opportunity to connect with my family and just show me as more of like the mother, the wife, the sister, you know, all of the things that I am. So I was taking a bags. I'm like, all I did was show my true self. I came on the show in an Achilles rupture, boot I didn't come on the show in alul Baton. I was literally at my lowest and so I really just let go of all of what people would expect me to appear.
Speaker 2: And was my most rawish self.
Speaker 4: So yeah, and everything that I've shown has been my real life. So when you said it to me, I was like, wait what because there was never any thought that it wasn't, you know what I mean, real, because I was living and sitting in my truth to the point where I came on.
Speaker 2: The show really to show like black love, you know.
Speaker 4: Ralph and I talked about showing black love family believers. We showed my church, my mom had, you know. That was what we wanted, and where we ended up was completely opposite. It was the toxicity of our marriage and that's not what I wanted. So that was actually my worst nightmare, you know what I mean. But when people thought it was fake, I'm like, I wish it was us, you know, because this is not the reality I ever wanted.
Speaker 2: To show the world.
Speaker 5: And we are seeing that reality this season because what we did learn this past episode was you guys, you and Ralph met and then y'all were together within three months, Yeah, engaged within or married in five months.
Speaker 3: You were pregnant with the eight months. Now, rap is fine, and I'm gonna give you that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, cornbreads bad.
Speaker 3: He looks like a big snickers, like you.
Speaker 2: Know, York's out in the gym.
Speaker 1: I mean, so I understand the acceleration.
Speaker 2: Okay, yep, period, I.
Speaker 3: Get it, I get it, I get I get it.
Speaker 5: But in hindsight, knowing what you're going through now and we'll get to that, do you feel like Ralph gas.
Speaker 3: Lit you the moment y'all met.
Speaker 2: Coming right out with it right.
Speaker 4: That?
Speaker 2: Hu? That has been my most recent Yeah.
Speaker 1: Tis shoot, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Child.
Speaker 1: We are just getting started. This is reality with the King and I'm Carlos King. Let's get back into the show.
Speaker 4: This is why, you know, it did take me a while to have this sit down because back then when you asked me, I knew I couldn't even get through a sentence really, you know at that time to talk through like my feelings. I am in a much better space, but there are still.
Speaker 2: Wounds, you know, that need to be healed. And I think.
Speaker 4: Because we are on this show and I'm watching things in real time with everyone and I'm seeing his actions and his behavior, it is having me to ponder what you just asked, which is like was it ever real?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 4: Everything I thought is having me to consider, like, but was it ever loved you know? Did he ever respect Because someone that would go and have dinner with your ops right and sit there and bash you, And let's be honest, like, I'm still the mother of his kids. We have kids together, we were married for now ten years, so I'm like, someone that loves you and that respects you as even just the mother of your kids wouldn't behave this way. So then I just said to someone, I said, unless they never really loved you and they never really respected you, And that's where my training thought has been. Because for me, I've never set out to bash Ralph. You know, I have done nothing but tried to protect him for his actions and tried to gain understanding for his actions. And I mean, as you see this season, I'm not sitting around talking about Ralph talking about my healing. And it was very, very hurtful to see that scene with him, Porsha and Shamiyah.
Speaker 5: When you saw Shami and Porsha, yeah, me with your strange husband.
Speaker 3: What was your knee jerk reaction to that knowledge?
Speaker 1: Like did you find out before the episode aired on the trailer? Even yeah, or even if you did, was it a gut punched to you to watch it and to hear what he's what he said, like, walk me through that moment, because listen, I love Porschasia, and I said this on my podcast. I said, look, I gotta be honest. I didn't like I didn't like it. I didn't like I didn't like the scene. And I give my reasons why.
Speaker 5: I'm like here to regurgitate that I'm not married to Rap and I don't have kids by him.
Speaker 3: So I am curious to.
Speaker 5: Know what were you feeling the moment you watching me and Porsche meet with Ralph.
Speaker 4: So during filming, I heard that they filmed together, but it was like variations, Like it almost sounded like they ran into each other at a restaurant, and so it was kind of like, oh, yeah, they had some words and that was it. I didn't know it was like a plan to sit down situation. So when I watched it, I'm like, wait a minute, this is giving like a full scene. You know, this is like everyone new and they are here together and they're happy to see each other, and I'm like wow, and I like what they did.
Speaker 2: Trying to cover it in a meeting of a podcast.
Speaker 4: Oh I see what you try to do there, Okay, but it landed flat because as we see today, there is no King and Queen's podcast. You know, we don't, we don't. We're not seeing the manifestation of that. I mean, I haven't seen it and nothing, and the.
Speaker 2: Album is on a music in iTunes.
Speaker 4: I know Ralph in the Basement is on his YouTube, but this other podcast was SHEMI.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen any remnants of that.
Speaker 4: But they had this meeting and so let's say respectfully, it's a business meeting, all right, all right, but it went into discussion of Drew and that's where I felt disrespected. I felt, you know, from from Ralph being still technically legally married.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you know, you're.
Speaker 4: Volunteering information that was between you and I. You know, you're sitting here entertaining text messages that aren't real because we haven't seen them. You know, you're entertaining basically a try of a takedown of me, a destruction of me and my character and really everything I've built since the age of eight. You know, it's like, on top of what I've built for myself as an actress, as a mother, and then as a wife, you're trying to destroy that, and I just didn't think it was necessary. I didn't think it was necessary. And then he never told me, he never divulged anything to me. I literally found everything out on the show, and I just felt like, regardless of if our relationship and our marriage is not working out, there's still just a level of respect that you should have for the mother of your kids.
Speaker 1: I felt so sorry for you when and you allowed us the viewers to follow you go to court and the judge at the end of the day did not do something that you wanted, which is I believe was the sealing, the unsealing, and he was gloating, and you were so frustrated you cried.
Speaker 3: And I remember that in that moment, I said, and I like Ralph. I met Ralph. He's a cool guy.
Speaker 1: Again, I'm watching the show, so I'm only basing off the show. I said to myself, Oh, Ralph don't like you.
Speaker 2: Okay, he don't Wow, he don't.
Speaker 1: Like you, and he's determined to expose you. I got that instantly that that was maybe a few episodes ago. So when I watched the scene and he brought up tie and he's alleging that in the words of Lisa the cole Cloud that you and Tie are in a lesbian a relationship.
Speaker 3: Is that true?
Speaker 4: Well, what I can say is at the time when all of this came out right, because to be honest, I'm tired of hearing about it. It is like a year old of information. It just wasn't the right time to talk about it. Honestly, I think now today I sit here and I say, like, what I went through with Ralph over the ten years of marriage, no one got to really see that pain and really see every detail of what he did to me. And I can promise you this, if a cardboard box would have came and showed me some attention, I would have given it.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: Ty was someone at that time that gave me attention that I wasn't getting from my husband, And I said it on the show. She was a really great friend to me that like as simple as put left on my jokes, understood, listen to me. And so to have someone as your husband that's supposed to be your best friend, that you feel like you can talk to until anything too, I didn't have that before I ever met Ty. There was so much that happened that at that point Ralph had moved out of the bedroom. I was speaking with a divorce attorney. He was asking for a divorce. We were in conversations with a separation and yeah, Ty was there and.
Speaker 2: A great friend flirting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but like at the end of the day, we both have said it was a great friendship. And I'll still say to this day, we're friends. We're not enemies. But relationships come and go. Friendships come and go, and it wasn't what he was making out to be as far as he wanted this divorce.
Speaker 2: I was fed up.
Speaker 4: There was infidelity, there was pain, there was hurt, and I feel like he waited for a reason.
Speaker 2: I've wait.
Speaker 4: He waited for reason, and I feel like that friendship was that reason he hung on to and he's still hanging on to. Because I had an open conversation with him about time being a friend, he felt like it was inappropriate, so we didn't talk anymore. You know, I thought we were in a position to reconcile.
Speaker 2: And again I have been.
Speaker 4: Met with him wanting an open relationship, him wanting to have other women.
Speaker 2: He's not still been honest.
Speaker 4: I was waiting when portion Shamia asked, have you ever cheated and Drew. I was waiting for him to be honest, and he got choked up and he just threw a no, And I'm like, Okay, if we could see it, we can see that he wasn't being honest. But I was waiting for him to be honest, because until he's honest about what we've gone through, you can't continue to point the finger and try to play victim as though you were hurt when you already wanted the divorce, even dating back to when we live in Chicago, he wanted the divorce.
Speaker 5: I only want to push you as far as you want because I'm going to say this, and I'm not labeling you. I want to respect the boundaries when it comes to this topic, and you have my permission to tell me to move on, and I respect it because at the end of the day, again I'm not labeling you, but what I will say is, as an oply gay man, I am not comfortable ever trying to out somebody or dig deep in terms of saying sex relationships, frenchis whatever. So I really want you to tell me respectfully when to stop, okay, because I know you want to clear the air, and I'm only going to ask you things, and I want you to answer them if you want to when it comes to you in tie the way Rap made it seem like it was more than a friendship, that you guys could have been lovers intimately.
Speaker 3: What do you have to say to that when you're talking.
Speaker 4: Intimate kiss flirting, Yes, okay, a lot of flirting. I'm not gonna say that there wasn't flirting. There was a lot of conversation. There was a lot of group hangouts, and for me, there were just certain things that I wasn't comfortable with and not judging anybody for their sexual orientation. I just love my husband, you know, and so there were certain levels.
Speaker 2: Now I can't help if.
Speaker 4: You know Ty felt differently or how she felt, I can't speak for her. But for me, I appreciated the friendship. I appreciated the conversation. I appreciated the fun I appreciated, you know, the distraction from what I was going through and so much so. I mean, she was around, we hung out publicly, so I wasn't worried about people seeing us or people. But I didn't know it was going to get to this extent to where he would say the reason why he wanted to divorce was because of Tie, because that wasn't actually true.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna be honest with you when he said that was the reason.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be honest with you.
Speaker 5: When Ralph said the reason why we're divorc things because of Tie, I felt that Rap wanted.
Speaker 1: To find a reason to bring up Tie. And it goes back to what I saw a few episodes ago. I just felt like Rap.
Speaker 5: Is determined to embarrass you, and he wanted that to come out the way it appeared.
Speaker 1: And what I will give you prompts on is when he said it. They did do a flashback of but seeing you do the film and everything is saying so she listen to your credit, everything you're saying to me you said on camera.
Speaker 3: They aired that that six second snippet.
Speaker 5: So, but that's why I felt the intention was to embarrass you. I've been around time before she dated my friend Mimi Foust. Tie is fine and yeah, I could probably have me.
Speaker 4: I mean, listen, and a couple of duds I talked to you, let's not pretend yeah, they'll say yeah and swagged out and is a really good person. And I think that's why, even to this day we're still friends. You know, I would never say, oh, she's not a good person, or minimize or you know.
Speaker 2: Extreme our our friendship.
Speaker 4: It was just the intimidation that I feel Ralph felt, which I'm not gonna say. You know, I can't speak for him, but I just feel like it was an intimidation there, and I feel like he was looking and grabbing on the straws of the reason why he could depart this marriage and for what I endured. Listen, my parents were married for sixty years until my father passed away. So I grew up desiring marriage, wanting marriage. All marriage was forever because I didn't know anything different. So the times that he asked for divorce or I found that he was with other women, I didn't ever consider divorce.
Speaker 2: I didn't. I did it.
Speaker 4: I fought for my marriage, I fought for my kids. I fought for my family. And I just feel like he was always putting that word out there and his behavior on the show, I felt like he showed the most toxic side of him. Because, as you said, he's fine, he's nice, he's cool, he's charming. I mean, I married him for those reasons. So he's an aquarius. He's Aquarius.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, and a few.
Speaker 3: Mal Aquarius child, we'll talk got all blive.
Speaker 4: Listen, I'm gonna I'm gonna gag you.
Speaker 2: He carries the same birthday as my dad. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Get it now, Okay, I get it. I did it. I get it.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 4: I've dated ballplayers, I've dated rappers, musicians, whatever, actors. But him having the same worthday as my dad, I was like, wait, you know it had me to pay attention to him, and I really thought I was marrying my father.
Speaker 2: I did, so come no.
Speaker 3: I listen.
Speaker 1: I feel your energy and I feel everything you're you're giving.
Speaker 3: This is the most burnable I've ever seen you be. Seriously, and if the audience was in this realm, they both feel it. Till I just want you to know if you're going to be okay, you're going to be okay.
Speaker 1: And and I don't want to make you cry again, but my my spirit's telling me tell you this.
Speaker 3: Your father said you did the right thing.
Speaker 5: You did the right thing, and sometimes what happens in life, you have to go through this turmoil so that you won't ever go back. And I feel like, because you're such a because I'm from the Midwest too.
Speaker 3: Detroit folks, Chicago folks. We don't leave our relationship. We just don't. We don't leave, we stay. We stay.
Speaker 5: We stay because we feel like with this tradition. And I want you to know, your father is giving you permission to leave. And the reason why you're going through this hell on earth with rap is because everybody in heaven who are your guarding angels, they want you to know you can never go back, even when you have those moments where you're crying yourself to sleep at night, and I know you do, even when you're around the kids and you sometimes wonder could I just do this for the kids. I want you to know, I know, I know, I feel it, I feel it. I want you to know your father is giving you permission to never go back, and you're going through this hell so that it can be so disastrous that you know, deep down inside you can ever go back to that marriage. And I'm not calling ral a disaster, So don't don't don't. Don't make that the headline, y'all. But I need you to know my spirit is speaking to you and your father is telling me to tell you are going to be okay.
Speaker 3: You're gonna be okay, and you're gonna be okay financially too.
Speaker 1: You are that that was the last thing you want to tell you financially gonna be good.
Speaker 3: They're gonna be good. They're gonna be good.
Speaker 1: What I would like to also address, speaking of finances, is you are working with porschas baby Daddy Dennis and.
Speaker 3: You made a comment.
Speaker 1: About girl, I will sell so much music they can pay for Pollard's college to wish for college fund.
Speaker 3: Of course, did not like that at all.
Speaker 1: Child.
Speaker 3: She thought you brought her daughter too this situation.
Speaker 1: I would like for you to clear up the air in terms of what you meant by that comment.
Speaker 4: Well, watching it back, what I did see was that Shemiah carried that conversation to Porsche and it wasn't taken in the spirit that I said it. So that's first. Porscha was like, well, that's not the way Shamiah delivered it to me. The way Angela said it. She was like, Okay, that's not so bad. So I want to go on record saying what I said wasn't bad. And what I was saying in that moment was because I keep getting asked the same question why Dennis.
Speaker 2: Why are you working with Dennis?
Speaker 4: So when Shamia asked me that in that moment, I was like, this is what Dennis himself said, which I hope I get a flashback, because he said, out of his own mouth, I'm doing this to build's legacy for my daughter.
Speaker 3: He said it on camp.
Speaker 4: He did, and he continues to say it because I've got text messages and he would stand here and tell you that he is not just a hot dog man. You know, he is a serial entrepreneur, which Porscha has said out of her mouth. And he said he believed in I mean, we stood in this studio and he literally was emotional because he said, I believe in you so much. I know this is going to build wealth and legacy for our kids. This is going to help me put my daughter through college. So I was saying that as a way to validate his reasoning and what I believe as a blessing it would be for our families. I'm a mother, So no one was saying and it wasn't braggadocious, but this is a blessing for all of us, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean.
Speaker 4: This is why I'm doing it. This music is bigger than me, and so that was the intention. And then when she said, well, I think her college has been paid for her, so well maybe some whatever it can do, I feel like it's going to be able to do something. I'm not doing this to get back at Porsche. This has nothing to do with porsia actually, and I'm not doing it to be negative in any way. This is something I think can be a blessing.
Speaker 5: When you saw that there's this narrative that you tried to solicit sex from Denniz and you said something along the lines allegedly you want to Dennis, and Dennis said he's not trying to provide Dick. He's trying to provide you know, tracks.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it's still girls head in head.
Speaker 3: Let's say we love and hip hop after all. Well, so I want to know, were you ever attracted to Dennis?
Speaker 4: Now have you not seen my husband? I like a certain physique. I like biceps, not bellies. I really know, if it's to tennis, I mean, but I mean the physiques are different. That's what I'm saying that the physiques are definitely different. No, yeah, okay, I'm just saying I like my If you know, you know, and if you see you see and if you know, it's different, it's different, and so it's just unbelievable to me. It's like, are we believing this? And I don't think people are believing it. I don't think you're believing it. Not only the fans are buying it. I think that Larisia was brought here to give a life and a story that she wasn't able to deliver, and so that is the reason my name is brought up in every scene, every episode, every moment, even in her confessionals.
Speaker 2: So that's just what we're seeing.
Speaker 4: And it's unfortunate because in my real life I'm dealing with so much that when I come into this friend group, it's just so.
Speaker 2: Far from the truth. You know, you hear the music. What we were doing was real.
Speaker 4: You see the fruits of our labor, and it wasn't easy and it was a journey, and people really got behind it, and so much so portionally, I was a fan of the music before cameras were what do you.
Speaker 2: Mean she was? She and I had a conversation.
Speaker 4: She said this on I want to say episode one and maybe episode two. She definitely said we had a conversation. Dennis invited her to my birthday party. Why would Dennis be inviting you to my birthday party if you had no idea? So people gotta and I think the fans are seeing it. The fans are really smart. Like I can say this season, the people see it's what it really is. And what it really is is that Porsche and I had a conversation and I told her about me working with Dennis. Let me back up, because when she was missus Gubadia, I reached out to her multiple times, multiple times. I text her multiple times, I called her multiple times. And what I know now about Portia is she's just not a girl's girl and she's just not a good friend. So in my reaching out to her, she was busy off living her princess African life, and no one heard from Porsche. She wasn't showing up, she wasn't around us. We didn't see her. We saw her on Instagram. We saw the life on Instagram that she was putting out there. So therefore that's what it was. And so I didn't get any return phone calls. It was not reciprocated. It wasn't reciprocated. I'm reaching out, you're not reaching out to me. When she heard about the divorce. She never reached out to me. When I heard about her divorce, I immediately reached out to her. But at a certain point in time, and I have the text messages. I was like, you need to call me, you know, And she said, well, let's go to eat. I said, listen. She wanted to know what are the new girls? Like, I don't know about the new girls. I don't know anything, but I need to see you. I need to talk to you.
Speaker 2: Oh not you trying to bait me.
Speaker 4: I need to talk to you because I felt like it was something that was important to talk about. So she called me. We had a conversation. She's like, yeah, I know, I know. I love the music. I love what you and Dinnis were doing. We were in this studio and Dennis will call her, hey girl. She knew what we were doing, she knew were working on. Dennis was like, she loves this track.
Speaker 2: She loves this track. What was Force's favorite track on your album?
Speaker 1: All of them?
Speaker 6: Okay, she said, And she said the album is.
Speaker 4: A hit, so she loves the project as a whole.
Speaker 2: Or she'll call me uh.
Speaker 4: Because she apologized for not making it to my birthday party. And she said, come hang out with me and Yandy. Let's go out, girl. We need to talk and celebrate with so much to celebrate, with so much talk about with our divorces. And I was like, girl, I'm tired because my birthday party was a lot and I'm about to lay it down. And so when I saw her ash MEA's birthday party, I'm like, let's do some shots, Like what's some girl. I was just so happy to see my girl. So when she came at me, that's why my mouth was open.
Speaker 1: And I didn't really you die was flabbergast, and.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I was so confused because I'm like.
Speaker 4: We definitely like talked a couple of times, and we've already talked about this, you know, because as a friend, I felt like.
Speaker 2: It was important to do so.
Speaker 4: So so the conversation had when it happened was on her terms. But it definitely happened and there was no beef, there was no issue. There was no we need to have a conversation, we need to have a sit down because I'm feeling away.
Speaker 2: It was none of that.
Speaker 4: So that's why I was taken aback and I was just like, I didn't doubt or not, because this energy seemed to be for the camera.
Speaker 5: When you are watching this season and the fall, and obviously we did see Shamia's birthday party, we saw what happened in the first episode, and now we're seeing this destruction between SMI and portious friendship.
Speaker 1: I would like for you to clear the air on this as well. Angela Oakley yours Chaitao sis.
Speaker 2: I love it. Oh my god. I tried to get Angela on a few seasons ago. I tried to tell the.
Speaker 3: Girls, we're trying to get Angela. I don't know us season three. I was watching it back. I'm like, I don't know us season three, but maybe with season six, okay, but we.
Speaker 1: Tried to get Angela. I'm gonna get calls about Angela Oakley. I think it's when she first started dating Charles. I think of like two thousand and fifteen.
Speaker 2: No me about right.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, but long story short, trying to get her on, Like I remember us trying to get her.
Speaker 3: On, but I got dress.
Speaker 2: She's here now.
Speaker 3: She's a great job.
Speaker 1: So Angela revealed that you her as Shamia had dinner one night and that allegedly Samia put out her pinky her pinky finger and said what exactly what did she say?
Speaker 2: We did all that. That's that's exactly what happened, so all three. So it was like it was given, yeah, and then it was like you.
Speaker 3: Activation, it was activated.
Speaker 2: Well, Angela said she had her fingers crossed behind her back because trust girls show listen.
Speaker 4: I pinky s were because Sami and I have known each other and I feel like we have grown to build what I would consider a friendship over the years.
Speaker 2: And they're like, I don't know you.
Speaker 4: I just met you yesterday, So I love an energy, but Shmi and.
Speaker 2: I have built a rapport and a friendship over the years.
Speaker 4: But it was like this wrestling with Shemiah is the best way I could put it into words. It was a wrestling and we had a cocktail or two and she felt vulnerable and I feel like she felt comfortable and she needed to get this out. And so she was like, I need us to pinky swear because what I'm about to tell you, I need to feel it like I'm in a safe space. So we pinky swear, and I'm like, what's wrong, you know? And she went on to tell us that she felt like you know she needed to be real and address the issues that she has in a friendship with Portia. She went on to say how she didn't want to come across as though now she's got a peach and she's here and now she's going to tear down her friend who helped her to get.
Speaker 2: On on the show.
Speaker 4: She didn't want the fans to come for her in that way, to feel like she's ungrateful or a bad friend. So I can tell you she was considering the fans and the look of how we'll come across as we see now she's talking, you know, because she's like, okay, I'm in a good place. But then she was just like, you know, this is Porsia's show. She's the HBI C and I don't know if this is a good idea, but this is the real And she went on to say that you know, there's the friendship is not in the place that everyone thinks that it's in. She was hurt by the fact that Porsche didn't come to her wedding. She was hurt by the fact that Porscha did not ever congratulate her for getting a peach, nor ever take her out to celebrate her I would never know this. I would never know this, and I never would have thought that that was the case because Instagram shows like this great beautiful, you know, friendship.
Speaker 2: But there was a plethora of things that Amiya.
Speaker 4: Said that I feel like, uh Shamiah needs to vocalize, right, because that's her story, that's her pain, that's her journey. But she had a lot to say about how she felt like Porscha was not a good friend to her and that she has been a very loyal friend to Porsha. And we only encouraged her because myself and I've always told Angela, I told Sonya and how I've lived on this show is speak your truth and just be you, and that's all I can say.
Speaker 2: And so we Encouragemia to do that.
Speaker 4: And I think with us now knowing this and Angela speaking of Porsha, it was bound to come out, and it did.
Speaker 2: It came out.
Speaker 3: Do you think.
Speaker 1: Samia is just tired of being the background singer in Force's life. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think that Smia first and foremost is such a humble spirit. She is such a pure soul. I just love her. I just love who she is, and she's so dynamic and she has so much energy, and she just seems like she puts on a happy front, like I'm gonna just be the life of the party, I'm make everybody laugh, and she doesn't really get an opportunity to open up about who she is and how she's fittling because she's never been in a position to so the friend of the show she became the friend in real life. The cheerleader on the court was the cheerleader that I think she was for a lot.
Speaker 2: Of people, you know, but particularly Portia.
Speaker 4: So seeing her in this position, I felt like this was her opportunity to exhale and release, release and exhale, and I just felt for her because I know what it feels like to be in a relationship friendship and you feel like you can't really speak your truth, but you want to clear the air. So hopefully you guys can get to a better place. And you know, I don't know if they will get to a better place. Of course, I don't wish breakups fallouts on anybody.
Speaker 2: It's so hard and it's heartbreaking.
Speaker 4: To see, but this was something she yeah, definitely was at a breaking point and needed to get out.
Speaker 3: Do you think for me is Porson's lap dog.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I stand on that. I stand on that. I said it. You'll see I said it.
Speaker 4: I said it a couple of times actually, I mean cause it's just, you know, I believe that's who she is, because again, you know, when you don't speak your truth, what are you?
Speaker 2: You know, if you, like I said, are barking up.
Speaker 4: A tree and not being your own tree, we don't really know who you are. You know, you're you're under someone else's shade, You're under someone else's genealogy, someone else's truth. She's been living under Portscha's shadow. And I just felt like that is the best word. People said it before me on this show. She was a lap dog, And I say it for myself now because that's what I've seen. For her to come for me about something that portion already spoke about is lap dog behavior. For her to run back a very innocent conversation back to Portia and take it in any negative light.
Speaker 2: Is lap dog behavior.
Speaker 4: For her not to stand on business about what she shared with Angela and I and sulk in the moment and not stand and.
Speaker 2: Arrive is lapt dog behavior. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And you know, I know a couple of puppies and I have a couple of dog traits, so I can identify you know what I mean. I mean, I'm just saying, I just you know, do.
Speaker 3: You have any doctrines?
Speaker 2: I think you're one. I gotta keep them on hand.
Speaker 4: I'll run it into all kind of the LULUs and animals, the zoo and the jug all together.
Speaker 2: Jesus.
Speaker 1: So when you went to Nashville, right, I love that Angela invite to you.
Speaker 5: You go in and long story short, you saw me episode that when Porsche came to the table, it was.
Speaker 3: Pokah, God nothing listen. I'll just be honest.
Speaker 1: It reminded me of like my days working on this show because I know those girls so well that when they would come to a dinner seat and give nothing, I'm like, well they mad at Now what happened?
Speaker 5: So you learned that she found out that Dinis was filming with you, and you left the trip early.
Speaker 3: You were like, I'm out of here.
Speaker 1: And then when you watch the episode, obviously you film the entire season, so you knew what was going on.
Speaker 3: But I want to get your thoughts on this.
Speaker 5: Being a married woman right a'lbeit a strange but still a married woman who was married.
Speaker 1: For ten years when Porscha made that joke about she's better leave me alone for fuck her husband, and you saw media Kelly and Britt you know, laugh at it and not saying anything.
Speaker 5: And the married women in that pool, it's Shmiah and Brett right as a married warman yourself, if you were in that pool with them and you heard portion make that joke, as y'all I get bonds, whatever, would you have done what the other girls did or would you have said something?
Speaker 4: Listen when Angela woke me up after she addressed the situation, because I'll sleep it in my bunk bed comfortably. And when she woke me up to tell me what had happened, I was like, oh, no, no, no, we got to go outside. We got who said it and what did they say? I wanted to address it, and she was like, already I already addressed it. So for me, I obviously believe in the institution of marriage so much that I was like, even to the point where Angela has forgiven Porsche, I'm still feeling a way about it because I'm like, when you make those high with threats about someone's husband, that's not so easily forgivable to me. Filming with my let's be clear, husband for me, is where she crossed the line. I think husband's marriage it's sacred. You know, you go before witnesses, your family, are friends, and before God himself. I just think it sits a little different outside of just the shade. You know, if you want to talk about I made this innocent comment about your kids, but you're talking about someone's husband, the father of her children. I think that's a new low for Portia and I would have definitely addressed it, and I don't think that I would have forgiven it so easily either.
Speaker 3: You think Angela for gave Portra too easily.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I've told Angela that.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, I believe in forgiveness, but I believe in people proving themselves in their apologies too, because words are empty when you don't back it up with the action. So you know, that's just my thought. But again, you know that's Angela's fight. But I was definitely hurting for Angela, which is why I stayed even to be there for her, and we talked almost every day after that because I wanted to make sure mentally and emotionally she was okay.
Speaker 3: You developed a great friendship. Speaking of friendships with Kenya, you know, we saw and it's interesting because we kind of.
Speaker 5: Saw the development of your friendship with Kenya over the course of the seasons, and you were there obviously during the whole debacle at the hair salon. And I want to get your thoughts on this because there are rumors out there that you allegedly are the one who gave Kenya those photos a brit I'm doing.
Speaker 2: So, I'm so very busy, aren't you. I mean, I am dating this person and did it? And now when did I go to Kinko's? Did I? Did I print them in down Child? This is a lot.
Speaker 4: I'm tired like, this is a lot of just finger pointing and King drew the scapegoat for other people's actions. Kenya has gone on record, which, by the way, I miss Kenya so much because coming from last season and in this season, she was like my only friend that I really built a genuine friendship with that I felt comfortable even to share, you know, my business with and my vulnerabilities with. So I do miss her. She and I talk often still. However, the issue is Kenya didn't tell anybody what she was up to. No one knew that Kenya was looking up Britt and trying to find things wherever she found them, But no, it was not me.
Speaker 2: I don't even know how to do that stuff.
Speaker 4: I've never seen Britt in any thing online like that, although I've heard about it, but no, I've heard about her having like, you know, porn videos.
Speaker 2: You know some of the girls.
Speaker 4: I've murdered a lot of the girls and murmured things online. And she tried to scrub the internet and clean it up the show prior to joining the show, and then obviously once this was yeah the vault, she tried to scrub it.
Speaker 2: Kenya said that on her confessional. But Kenya, this was a one woman show.
Speaker 4: And I really wish Kenya would have talked to me about it because I would have strongly.
Speaker 2: That is Makay's alarm for his medicine. He said that on my phone.
Speaker 3: Why that song Lizzy is it juice?
Speaker 1: Here?
Speaker 2: Can you text? Uh?
Speaker 4: Can you check my phone? Make sure the nanny was called? And then also texts Miss Deborah, why Raddy?
Speaker 2: Can I get a drink of water? Make sure Makai texts his medicine.
Speaker 3: For two days?
Speaker 4: Listen, you know they fun fact fun fact, do you know, Danny so I first seas it. You know it was prophetgate. Yes, Danny, my assistant was, and Lizzy knows a perfect gate right here that exposed LaToya, which, by the way out, that's like one of my best friends. I'm not gonna my kids were at our house for Easter. Yeah, Toya is. Actually we can know we can reschedule Cadillac. I want to make sure we have as much time we can. It's always gonna be another Cadillac thing we can do. We scheduling April. We could do Cadillac another day.
Speaker 2: We could do it tomorrow if we can make it happen.
Speaker 4: I don't want to rush I know, please, I just don't want.
Speaker 2: To rush this.
Speaker 4: We've taken two years to have this. I just yeah, and I need to get this out.
Speaker 2: Don't tell Dennis that.
Speaker 3: All right, Betty works. Betty works, and now we're good. We're good.
Speaker 4: Am I good, Walter good. I know she did, but no, we're not pulling me. I love her, respect her, but respectfully. Yeah, well, so apologies, you know.
Speaker 3: Really lazy, but thirty twenty works.
Speaker 2: Actually we can always listen.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm ready for you. Guys are Nomory speaking. Yeah, so.
Speaker 2: Just carried juice?
Speaker 3: Do you think she ever sold it?
Speaker 2: How was it?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 3: The cat?
Speaker 2: I right? Yes? Do you want come worry man? Listen you're giving the actress and singer and now are you coming from my career?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 3: Listen you are so I'm gonna say this to you. I have this is your best season. Is your best season because you and Angela to me, came in not not not not trying too hard, just like.
Speaker 2: Kevin has eased in.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying in two different directions. What you're giving this season is fantastic. And when you were interrogating Britt, me, the gays, the bays, the women, the men, we were all like you are like an official meme wow right now because you were asking the right questions.
Speaker 3: What are your thoughts on Britt in general? Do you think see is somebody you would be friends with?
Speaker 4: Honestly, Britt, I just I just don't see it for her here. I think she's wor better maybe for like a rags to riches type show, but housewives, nah nah nah, I think that you know she.
Speaker 2: She just doesn't want to live in her truth.
Speaker 4: As we see all these allegations around her husband and their marriage and then her and then you know, she's just not that girl. You know, I think she's beautiful. I would never take that away from her. And I thought that we could, you know, after our sit down, but no, it's a no for me. I think that she's just not a good fit for this circle of girls. I don't think she displays the integrity and the honesty and the truthfulness.
Speaker 2: And she just has a lot going on in her past and her and her husband her, you know what I mean, Like they have a lot going on, and I just.
Speaker 4: Don't think that they are the most transparent. I think they throw a lot of stones and hide their hand. And she's just very argumentative, you know what I mean, Like she just comes across very angry. I think that in the Kenya situation, threatening somebody with a weapon like she did, it just I've never dealt with anything like that, you.
Speaker 2: Know, coming to work and feeling like someone is just so.
Speaker 4: Calm and comfortable throwing around pistol and weapons and the threats that she did. And so I feel like, although I've said a time time again, I don't agree with how can you handled it? I just feel like there needed to be a conversation, a reprimanding so to speak about that behavior.
Speaker 3: Would you like to see Kenya return to the show, Yes, so much so.
Speaker 2: I was inviting her the scenes with me, Like.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean, Like, this is your real life, right, so let's be honest, Carlos, Like, some people give me a hard time about my life, but I show my real life.
Speaker 2: Other people talk about their life, they talk about it. I literally show my life. So for me, if you're my friend, I'm like, why are you not coming with me?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Come with me?
Speaker 4: I'm fighting for my friend, which is why I kept speaking of for her in her absence. I feel like she hasn't deserves a place here, And I just feel like what happened to the days that we talk about it as grown women and sort out our differences, like why all the babysitting and the getting involved and erasing people from the group that really do deserve to be here.
Speaker 3: You have been on the show for like is it five?
Speaker 2: This is my fourth season?
Speaker 3: It's your fourth season. Who would you like to be on a cast with?
Speaker 1: Like who is who is the drink cast that Drew Sodora would want to surround herself with.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's hard. Let's see. Definitely Kenya. You're just talking about Kenya.
Speaker 4: Nini because when I think of Atlanta Housewives, I think of Nini, and when I see Nini, I'm like Atlanta Housewives.
Speaker 2: So definitely Nini at this point. Remax, right, listen.
Speaker 4: I mean, Sharana Scharen and I've had our moments, but there were times where I was like, oh, hell'll just come back, you know, and we have text and really we have are texting.
Speaker 2: We have text. I'm not gonna text. We have a text and through mutual friends we have communicated.
Speaker 4: There is you know, you know, I think just with what we had going on at the time, it wasn't so far gone that we couldn't be in the space that we're in now. And I do respect who she has been on the show, who she is, and I miss our going back and forth.
Speaker 2: So I'm not gonna lie like I really you know, this is.
Speaker 1: Yes seem so long ago last season's reunion because you and her have first chair and the back and forth between the two.
Speaker 3: Of you were so funny. I was texting like I am enjoying this, like it was so funny to me.
Speaker 1: So the fact that you can even say, like, look, we had our issues, but what I look back on, like what's great for the show, Like Charree's.
Speaker 3: Great for the show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Shari and I rode next to each other to reunion and I'm sitting here helping her with Instagram social media.
Speaker 2: And we're talking and then we get a reunion.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh, here we go.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: It has definitely been that that type of friendship for us. But yeah, we text.
Speaker 2: I just worked with Candy and Todd. Yes, and Candy and I have had a clearing and so I would say Candy for sure.
Speaker 4: Angela of course. Yeah, I think that about And I love Shemiah. You know, Shemiah, you know you are as a hospital a friend, as a friend.
Speaker 3: Well you want Shamia to be a friend.
Speaker 4: I think that, you know, if Shemiah could show us her full like I said, I have given you all my husband and my strange husband, and so I just feel like that's important for us to really get a glimpse to her as a wife too, you know, as a housewife.
Speaker 2: We want to see that. I think that's important.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so listen, you have been same as for so many years although you're legally married, you are going through a divorce.
Speaker 3: Are you dating anybody right now?
Speaker 5: Is there any of your old celebrity men that you would like to so, you know, Cirkle block, Well.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, spend the block.
Speaker 5: You have had a lot of attractive celebrity men on your roster.
Speaker 3: Really, yes, I know who was the most famous guy you dated? Oh lord, I got.
Speaker 2: Destroyed for one that I sort of kind of didn't mention. Oh oh lord, we want to dig that back up. I mean, at the time, listen, he was not married, he was not dating.
Speaker 4: Okay, this was when we were very young, but the king of the NBA was someone and you can dig up newspaper clippings and people wrote about us.
Speaker 2: My sister went online to set the record straight. You know that is truth.
Speaker 4: But I did also date young Bird at the time when he was younger. Now hit Maka and we are still friends.
Speaker 2: I can say that I dated Michael B. Jordan.
Speaker 4: I never said that out loud publicly with people that know no and biceps. Hello, listen, I'm just gonna say, oh my god, I'm Carlowska friend.
Speaker 2: Let's said, and that's the truth. He was on well, he asked me to be his date to the NAACP Awards.
Speaker 4: And this is when he was on the soap opera he was on and yeah, like my sister Allison, he would come over and she would cook.
Speaker 2: For him and we went out.
Speaker 4: I met his mom and you know, it was great, Like, yes, that that is my past as you would say were But at the end of the day, like I said, like my parents were married for sixty years, I wanted someone that I felt compatible with outside of the names and who they were. I was like, I want what I see my parents having. I want that best friend. I want that person I'm attracted to as well as I feel like we can build something together.
Speaker 2: So yeah, you know, but dating, I've went on a couple of dates. Not gonna act like I haven't gone a couple of dates.
Speaker 3: Celebrity man you know, owners of establishments.
Speaker 2: Wow, really you really do?
Speaker 3: Knowing I'm a journalist, yes, yes.
Speaker 2: I think all the above. Okay, yeah, all the above.
Speaker 4: It's been you know, just a quick little date and just like okay, but before I find myself going too far, I'm like, I gotta wrap this up because this one he won't let me be great now he hosted women on his social media and.
Speaker 2: Leaves for weeks and weekends at a time, comes home.
Speaker 4: But for me, I feel like, until I wrap this up, it's just more messy, you know, and I don't feel like I can be as available right now.
Speaker 2: What do you think it's been cute?
Speaker 3: Listen? I will say this.
Speaker 5: Dating when you're either close to forty or after forty in this day and age, it's listen. It's a little difficult, but I will say, I will say, there's some gems out there, but you gotta you gotta listen.
Speaker 3: My advice to you is to explore other areas. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I will say that for you, I got you, I follow, Okay, you follow, definitely.
Speaker 1: It I hed.
Speaker 2: I've never tried, but I don't know. Let's diversify, hadn't he like your.
Speaker 5: Portfolio, diversify your portfolio of income of you know, incoming manify your portfolio?
Speaker 2: Well, thank you?
Speaker 3: Is that gonna be joining a single?
Speaker 2: So yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean, if I'm more of an organic girly, like if it happened and we need and we see and we vibe at this point in our lives, it has to be a natural thing. For me, I don't really like the like flying dates and the setups. I'm like, if it happens, it happens. And I think right now, honestly with everything, y'all see that I'm dealing with this, like I don't really have the capacity to take anyone serious right now, and I really need to get back to a place where I trust again because being married for ten years and having who you think is your person that you trust and to realize you.
Speaker 2: That was Ops.
Speaker 4: Basically I look at him, it's almost the Ops. Now, how do I trust somebody again, you know, in that way. So I'm very guarded, very very guarded.
Speaker 5: Your album is so good, and I feel like you and co Cooke Jones are like bringing R and B back, you know, in this, in this in its natural form.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 5: I listen to it a lot, and you, first of all listen. I feel like, the world please.
Speaker 3: Buy this album, stream it whatever.
Speaker 1: But you can sing, you are a singer, but talk to me about the album because if people listen to or when people listen to her rather, you do share a lot about what you're going through.
Speaker 3: But it's such a personal.
Speaker 1: Album that I really want the world to really listen to it to understand more about who drew sidor Ismen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so talk to me about about this album and why people should cop it.
Speaker 2: This album, like I.
Speaker 4: Said, it is bigger than me. Not only will you listen to this album, but you will feel this album.
Speaker 2: It is a journey. So people say, well, what's your favorite record?
Speaker 4: You know, and I'm like, for me, you can't take one record because when you take out one record, it doesn't tell the full story from where I was when I recorded my first record, which was better on my own in this studio, and just the progression of how I felt.
Speaker 2: You can literally feel the heartbreak. You can feel the days that I was like could I rekindle this with my husband?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 4: You feel the days where I was like everybody f him and I'm outside. You know, you feel the journey of healing. And that's really what it was. People say why didnnis?
Speaker 2: And I'm like, why not?
Speaker 4: You know, I got the music sent to my management, my management, and it was the music that got us to this point. It wasn't about the person. You know, you never know who the vehicle's gonna be. And listen, Vincent Herbert signed me to death.
Speaker 3: Jam.
Speaker 2: I was sign a slipping slide, I.
Speaker 4: Was signed a babyface. I mean I worked with so many amazing producers.
Speaker 2: And yet nothing ever came out.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: When people say music is powerful, music is powerful. So this wasn't about the perfect situation of the perfect person. It was about the music that was coming in my inbox that I felt like was my therapy. It was speaking to my heart and my spirit, and it was what I needed in that season to get out to help me to get to this place that you said you see as freedom as a piece that I can sit in because keeping that internalized it wasn't doing nothing for me. It really wasn't, and I can admit that at now there was things that I wasn't able to talk about or express, and I felt like with this album, I said everything I needed to say, from the good, the bad, the ugly, the bloodswey and tears.
Speaker 2: I literally like cried on this album.
Speaker 4: And that's why I feel like it's connecting in a way that's different from anything else I've done.
Speaker 3: And talk to me about that.
Speaker 2: Boo God is good, Like I really I gotta.
Speaker 4: Give it to him because the response obviously coming out debuting number four on the charts.
Speaker 2: I'm almost Golden streams A graduations generally aw thousand away.
Speaker 3: No, that's made during this climate.
Speaker 2: It is amazing to get a plaque, you know, I'll.
Speaker 4: Give my gold plaque, but the incoming calls that are coming from major labels. So we got offers to go out on tour, and now we have locked in a tour this year literally this summer, this summerfall.
Speaker 2: I'll be on tour spring summer, Like I said, no spring, summer fall. Huh no, no, no, honey, small priet something.
Speaker 1: More than less.
Speaker 2: Ten city tour. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen, you're doing good. I mean listen, the song is the song? S excuse me, mar great, the album's great. You're going on tour. Yeah, you're back your acting bag. I want to see more of you doing that to you. You've been great on Lifetime stuff that I've watched, and you have fans in that industry too, and then you're on a Listen, this season of The Real House Spots of Atlanta is so good, and you are on the most talked about reality show that's airing right now, and you have a lot going on. We are in the middle of the rest of the season padres Co, I'm back. Yes, what are your thoughts on Phage's return to the show.
Speaker 4: You know, Phaedra is an og, so I always got to respect an og. That's just how I operate. However, I know she didn't do a lot on marriage to medicine, and then she came on our show pretty much at the end.
Speaker 2: But I'm hoping that we'll see her next year.
Speaker 3: What did she do when she came back, Well, she.
Speaker 4: Was trying to get to know everybody, so she gave us faces, and she gave a lot of faces, you know, and some laughs.
Speaker 2: And yeah, so I can't say anything bad per se. You know, I can't say anything bad. I can't. And we were pretty much done, you know what I mean. The work was done. So we'll see. We'll see season seventeen, sin Store.
Speaker 3: You are, you are something else.
Speaker 1: Listen, ladies, jump tom Gays and days, give it up for the beautiful.
Speaker 3: This has been worth it. The two years has been worth it. I listen. I am so proud of you.
Speaker 1: I love you, and you listen, keep doing what you're doing, Keep doing what you're doing. I can't wait to see what you're going to bring at this upcoming reunion in season seventeenth.
Speaker 3: Love you, love you so much. Oh God, it's been so good.
Speaker 2: It's been so good.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to Reality with the Kings. New episodes drop on Tuesdays and Thursdays, Share, comment, follow, and subscribe to Reality with the King.
Speaker 3: Wherever you get your podcast.
Speaker 1: Visit Reality withthe King dot com and be sure to follow Hello Me at the Carlos King Underscore on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and Yes Baby, my YouTube channel where you can get all of my visuals, baby, my expressions, Yes, and don't forget Tweet me your thoughts and hot takes about this episode using the hashtag Reality with the King. Reality with the King is a production of Kingdom Rain Entertainment, an executive produced by Me Carlos King, Kingdom Rain Entertainment, Baby,