Speaker 1: Hey, I feel like that went good. Welcome to another episode of Racing with the Boys. We have a massive guest on this week. Chase Elliott rated the most popular driver. I don't know how many years, I believe it was eight, an absolute legend in the game. Before we get into this interview, we are brought to you by and presented by, Fueled by the America's number one sportsbook, FanDuel Boys. This weekend, we're headed to one of the coolest stops on the NASCAR calendar, North Wilkesboro Speedway. This place is old school, a track with decades of history that made a huge comeback, and every time NASCAR rolls back into town, it feels like everybody's fired up to see what happens. If you're getting in on the window World four fifty this week weekend, Fandel has an offer you don't want to miss. They're giving new customers up to one thousand dollars in bonus resets. Here's how it works. Bet five dollars daily and unlock two hundred dollars in bet resets every day. That is right, New customers can place a five dollar bet each day and receive up to two hundred dollars back in bonus bets daily up to one thousand dollars total. North Wilkesboro is the kind of place where experience helps. Tempers can flare, and one bump at the wrong time can change the entire race. Whether you're backing a veteran, riding with one of the young guns, are looking for value in the head to head matchups, Fandel has plenty of ways to get in on the action. Just head tofandel dot com, slash bussing, place that first five dollar bet and let's go racing. Enjoy this interview with Chase Elliott.
Speaker 2: We are rolling ladies and gentlemen. It is racing with the boys. Another episode with a fan favorite, the one the only Chase Elliott's give him rid of a pause. His fans are called, well, Chase sexuals. Now, you did an interview not so long ago where a guy referred to them as Chase sexuals. When you sat back stoically, and you're like, well, I don't know anything about that. Have you done any investigative reporting on why your fans are called Chase sexuals?
Speaker 3: The only the only information I have on this is what I've been told, and honestly, It's kind of more fun that way, because I don't know how much I want to know about this. Yeah, so I'm I'm good. I'm good with it. They've been good to me, But I don't know what they're called.
Speaker 2: I'll say this about you, Chase. We've only been on here for a couple of minutes. You've got a nice bear strong, jawnline, handsome boy. You're a little you seem a little more like an observant type of cat. And I think that's why I'm starting to figure out why they're calling them Chase sexuals.
Speaker 1: Because they're into them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they're into them. Yeah, they's Yeah, it could be.
Speaker 1: I know, having somebody like Chase Elliott on anybody that's come on the bus, whether it's William Byron, Kyle Larson, Ryan Blaney, everybody said Chase Elliott, it's going to be interesting to see if we can get much out of him, because apparently you're you're you keep to yourself.
Speaker 3: Man. I don't know why they give me such a hard time, especially Ryan, Like we're we're pretty good friends. So I don't know. I don't feel like I'm not complex. I don't know why this is being assumed towards me.
Speaker 1: You've been voted the most popular NASCAR driver for eight years, but you also seen to be be voted the most private guy in Nascar. What what keeps you so private in wanting to keep whatever the like whatever the things you do in private away from the public, not whether it's personality, like yeah, private popular, Why are you the most private guy in Nascar as well?
Speaker 3: I mean, I wouldn't say I'm necessarily the most private. I just, uh, I don't know. It's not that I'm like out trying to be super private. I'm just also not like putting everything I do on blast, like I guess that's probably more of my route. Like I'm just not uh, I don't know, Like I just don't care to let the world know my every move as far as like, you know, I feel like some people wake up in the morning they post that I'm going to get breakfast or I'm going here. You know, my coffee this morning was incredible or whatever it was. But I don't know, I just yeah, like, I you know, I have a good group of friends around home, and I feel like my circle is pretty small in general. But uh, yeah, I wouldn't say I'm like super shy per se. But I just uh yeah, I just choose not to put everything I do on on blast out there. I guess it's not like I'm trying to be any certain way. It's just a little bit of how I am.
Speaker 1: I suppose you'll just do your thing, just drive fast the only thing he can be with.
Speaker 2: The boys, Yeah, I would.
Speaker 1: Can we start with some light questions?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's start with some fun ones. Let's let's let me ask you a question. Well, if you had to say, like your favorite band of all time, what would it be?
Speaker 3: Favorite band that's fun music?
Speaker 1: I'm not like I I enjoy music, Yeah, don't get me wrong. But as far as like naming my favorite band of all time, like I don't, I don't know, I don't really have Let's just say, yeah, there we go.
Speaker 2: We'll say CDC, I'll go Chase, I'll go Blake. What Edie Too is my favorite band? What is your If you're putting on a song and you're like, I need to get the juices flowing this morning, I'm not gonna post about it, but I'm still gonna enjoy this in my inner circle. What song are you putting on?
Speaker 3: Man? A song in particular is tough. I mean, Blank one, Eddie two is a strong choice. I'm not gonna lie, all right. I love that like punk rock, early two thousands, Blake.
Speaker 2: On, Eddie two, pop punk bands, you're into it, early two thousands. Give me a barrage of bands you like to listen to.
Speaker 3: I'll wait ten seconds, waiting ten Yeah, I mean I love that era of music for sure. I always you know, like the Green Day vibe back then, I thought it was incredible. It's kind of a shame. Like Ryan and I actually talked about this not too long ago about how no one has really or maybe it just hasn't got popular, but no one has really tried to bring that back like all you. I mean, you have like some of those older bands that are trying to stay around, but you haven't really seen a new rendition of that. So I would love to see it. But I would say nowadays, I'm probably more of a country guy. Love Eric Church. Been a big fan of his for a long time. Yeah, he's uh, he's pretty tough to beat, I feel like in the music industry. And then also kind of more on the up and coming side, Musket One, Bloodline, Oh yeah, Crew, Yeah, they yeah, they probably Yeah, I would say Charlie, I could see him. I could see him being on board.
Speaker 1: If you had, like how baseball players have like walk up songs, w W, they have walkout songs. If you I had one song and you were driving out to it, what would it be?
Speaker 3: Oh? Man, I would say, let's say holding my own Eric Church.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, that's a good pull. I would have said The Outsiders by Eric Church. That to me is a song that just kind of in twenty sixteen, that was our go out song as an offensive line when we go out for warm ups, and then you know, it started going there the encraft where the other ones and has it started getting going a little bit? So yeah, walk out song ec he rips Muscatine bloodline they also go and I want to get back to it. Feels like there's not a lot of bands out there that are doing that old type of genre anymore. I have you doven into Machine Gun, Kelly, Suaco, those types of guys, because like Machine Gun Kelly, he was doing rap for a little bit and he's come up with three albums in that pop punk kind of era, and man, what is it? Tickets to My Downfall is the first album he came out. Think it was like twenty twenty, the same year you want a cup series and Buddy, I'm telling you, if you're into that music, you will get goosebumps. Then you put on the first track of that of that album, it's unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, listen, I am also not like it's my way the highway on the music thing. I'm open. I'm open. I'm open to ideas. I'm open to new music. So I'll give it a I'll give it a run.
Speaker 1: How about this, like question Chase, what's a fast food order that you would die on a hill for, whether or not people would trash it or not. What's the go to fast food order for you?
Speaker 3: Man? I go to food? Man I, it's really hard to go wrong with it. M well, trying to think here. I mean Chick fil a, like if I don't care if you're having a good day or a bad day, Like the Lord's Chicken.
Speaker 2: Is is tough beat the Lord's Chicken? The Lords do they have so.
Speaker 3: Many sauces anything? Anything?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the waffle fries, the milkshakes. I'm a big ice cream guy. The milkshakes just go out of hand for me. I absolutely love them. I'm a big milkshake.
Speaker 1: He's not wrong either, because the Chick fil A menu it always is like it's not like I do have like a go to with a spicy chicken sandwich. But no matter what, anytime I hit the drive through on jet Chick fil A, I almost don't know what I want it first, whether it be the chicken nuggets and.
Speaker 2: Anything you do, the sandwich, anything you do get, it's like, yeah, it's a good order. Do you want You guys got a lot of good son take five of each through them in the bag? You let meet a sever bag of sauces. What's your stance on ranch versus blue cheese?
Speaker 3: Just never know? Oh, blue cheese is just simply not an option. I just if you like blue cheese, I worry about you. I really do.
Speaker 2: Chase, let me tell you somebody so far we could listen to music together and it sounds like we could dip some sauces together, because to me, like, if blue cheese was a human being, I'm committing first degree if you know what I mean. I think blue cheese is one.
Speaker 3: Of the most things all the time full support. Yeah you yeah, you'd be here like it's on. I find it to be comical, like when you're you know, you go somewhere and you get wings and they're like ranch or blue cheese. I'm like a man, like, why why are you asking me this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like, are you trying to think your culture? Because you have moldy cheese in my dipping sauce. That's disgusting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. I'm just I'm not I'm not grasped that, but I'm definitely a ranch guy all the way.
Speaker 1: Then you can't help but to throw a little judgment at somebody that does order blue cheese.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you go up to Buffalo and they all will die on the hill of blue cheese is the number one thing of all time. And you're like these people just don't know.
Speaker 1: And they think they're better.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, oh dude. You go up to like Rochester. We were in Rochester for the Bills Trading Camp last year, and you go up there and it's like wings, that's like their thing. They made it popular. And then they it's like you if you ask for a ranch at the restaurant, they're kind of like you're like going to a nice steakhouse and asking for like a dipping sauce like, oh well this this state doesn't need it. It's like no, no, no, no, no, give me the sauce, give me the bernie, give me the peppercorn, all the stuff. I want, all the sauces with my steak. Got a big sauce guy?
Speaker 3: What was it like interesting getting into a little I've never been to a place that people preferred that, So that's good to know. And I like, you know, I like pulling for the bills, you know, like I don't they seem like a good crew. So yeah, I'm not sure. I questioned that a little bit.
Speaker 1: You're not like pulling for the bill. I don't know if I would.
Speaker 2: You're not gonna find a more rabid fan base of blue collar individuals. And in Buffalo, those people, the tailgating, the mustard, the way they get after a week in and week out, they're number one. I saw you're a big Georgia fan just in sports in general, big Georgia bulldog guy. What about the NFL? Like, are you a NFL at all? Are you mostly college sports?
Speaker 3: I would say I probably like from a football side, I definitely am probably bigger into the college stuff, but I love watching it all. I mean, I'm I'm a big sports fan in general. I don't I've never really had a like a a NFL team. I've always kind of been one of the guys that you kind of and I guess the NIL thing has probably changed this sum but used to it was like, man, you know, Matt Stafford spent four years at Georgia and and you know you had all these different players whoever, it was like name your favorite player from your favorite school and they go off and they play in the NFL. You kind of I don't know, I kind of gravitate to watching certain players that I enjoy watching in college on on Sundays. But I don't have a like one team where I'm like, man, this is this is my crew, which maybe I should pick one, but I don't know. I kind of become I just kind of become a fan of of certain guys and I like to see him do well. And they might you know, might be a few different teams. But I love watching. I mean there's especially like for us, like you know, we're in the bit, we're busy obviously on Sundays, but like those Monday night games and Thursday night games. Yeah, I love, love sitting down and watching, and I pretty much watch whoever like I don't, I don't really who's playing.
Speaker 1: Did you think it was crazy being a Georgia fan after you guys whooped Alabama's ass in the SEC championship game, do you feel like they should have got knocked out of the playoffs?
Speaker 3: Uh? Man, I I don't know. I feel like Georgia has been on both sides of that fence before. I feel like, you know, there's been years where they've gotten you gotten through, So I don't know. I don't know enough about all how the politics of the behind the scenes of that works. But as a bias Georgia fan, yes, I think they should always get in every year, no question whether whether they won all the games or one two. I think they should get in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you said you you like to root for certain individuals, not just specific teams. Who is your favorite player of all time? Like you're you your biggest fantom. You brought up Matthew Stafford. He obviously won a MVP last year went to Georgia. I can see that being easy down the middle strike for you. But is there anybody else you're like? I love watching this guy play.
Speaker 3: Ball, Dude, right now, it's been Josh Allen. I just that guy, uh, back on the Bills, back on the Bills. I know he loves he loves the Blue. I don't I don't want this to be like confused. I'm not a diehard Bills fan, but I do love watching Josh Allen play football. I think he is uh, you know, he's just an electric player. I mean, he lays it out there. He is obviously, he's a big dude. He takes some tough hits, takes some big runs. Like just he's willing to He's willing to lay it out there, and it's it's fun to watch. So I think he's been the most entertaining. And also to like his story of not having gotten over the hump yet, I think makes it really, like really easy to pull for him. You know, I just I don't know. I just I'd love to see him get one. And I thought last year was it. I had a I had a pretty strong feeling that that was their year. But yeah, I'd love to see him him get it done before he uh, before he hangs it up.
Speaker 1: How mad were you when he fumbled before halftime against the Broncos.
Speaker 3: I felt the.
Speaker 1: Same way like they it was. It felt like that that could have been. You know, Josh All He's obviously got to put the cape on at times, but yeah, the couple turnovers.
Speaker 2: A couple turnovers are tough. They were my preseason team last year to go to the Super Bowl. Get over the hump because I'm the same way as you, like Josh friend of the show. Great guy. You see how much talent he has, and you just want like the Bills being like the team that they go four years in a row in the early late nineties, early two thousand, early where they go for Super Bowl straight and can't get over the hump of getting one, and that fan base, it's like they those people, those people deserve one. They deserve to grab it. Did you you grew up obviously your dad was one of the most beloved racers of all time in NASCAR. Where did you guys watch football together as well? Was he a big football fan?
Speaker 3: He really isn't, and he wasn't really as I was growing up. I think I kind of was the sports fan in the house. So he watched football, but it was because I wanted to watch it. I don't think as much because he you know, he wanted to watch growing up, but he became a fan to you know, watching guys and like when I was a kid and still living at home, like you know, that was the Tom Brady era, you know, so it was really easy to really you know he I think he liked him, like watching him play, you know, through that time, but he was never yeah, never super into it. But I appreciate him toughing it out and watching it because I did. I definitely got the sportsbug at a pretty young age.
Speaker 1: What do you think your dad was most annoyed with you on growing up?
Speaker 3: Oh? Lord, man, I don't know what was he not annoyed with me on I feel like more than anything, but I think, uh, goodness, that's a really tough one. I think just in general, you know, heh his his upbringing and and kind of the past that they that they took was you know, really different than than mine. And you know, he just had and I think early on, uh, he taught me some really valuable lessons just about the race and thing and and how serious it was. And I probably get some of that from him, Like I do, I take it serious, you know, and and it's uh also, I mean, look, I try to have fun too. But he he definitely instilled early to hey, look, if you're going to do this like, we're going to do it right and and this is gonna be uh, you know, it's not all fun and games. There's there's a time and a place for it. But I think I think I was probably on the, you know, too much of the fun side early on, and and that probably didn't set well. So he, you know, in the right way, you know, in the right way definitely taught me that lesson early and really ever since then. I can remember some specific conversations where you know, it was brought up and then from there it was you know, hey, I get it, and I respected it and respected him enough to you know, want to you know, try and do things the way that he wanted him done.
Speaker 2: Was What was it like growing up with him as a father. We had Dale Earnhardt Junior on the show multiple times, and one story told about his dad how his dad was extremely strict. He was obviously nicknamed the enforcer for a reason in NASCAR, Butty was that way at home as well. Intimidator excuse me. He came home one time after doing something wrong and his dad essentially hit the belt, like started to unloosen the belt and Dale ripped it out and head behind like a bail of hay until nightfall took place, and he's like, I think, now that's been hours. I kind of cus back into the house and everything ended up being okay. But he was talking about how strict he was and how it had to be done a certain way. What was your dad like growing up?
Speaker 3: Similar in a lot of ways. I mean I I did. I got the belt when I was young too, so I definitely understand that. I definitely have my share of trying to get away from that too, like everyone. I don't know how much nowadays, but probably you guys probably had to had to had to do some run on that front to take the type. Yeah, like you were, you were going to get your ass for sure if you did something wrong. So I very similar, you know, I think from from the outside, Dad probably had a little different complexion just from you know that you just don't know, right, like you don't know people super well unless you unless you know him, and so yeah he was. He was tricked in a lot of ways. But what was really cool for me was as I got older, I felt, you know, especially as I started racing more and kind of started doing the NASCAR thing and was taking some of those bigger steps. I just felt like he respected me a lot and he trusted me a lot too at the same time. And even though there were days that you know, like I remember there was a race I I was racing for the lead at at Bristol and ended up crashing and and you know, messed it up for a few of us there. But you know, he just kind of looked at me on the ride home and he was like, you have to kind of know him, but he not a word other than I don't think I would have done that. That was it, and that was it. It was just I don't think I would have done that, and I don't know, I just felt like he he he grew to have a lot of respect for me and how I raced, and if there were ever days that he might have gone about something different, it was typically a you know, a sly comment like that. Yeah, it got the message across, right, and it made me think twice about something like that in the future. And those are all all good lessons. But I just appreciate the way he you know, he's shown me respect as I've gotten older and and he's kind of let me do my thing my way a little bit, you know, which I think is cool.
Speaker 2: Well, I was gonna.
Speaker 1: Say, when you look back at some of the tough moments you had with the whole all, there's dynamic. What is something that you appreciate now that you didn't appreciate back then growing up?
Speaker 3: Man so much? I mean, I you know, especially you know, I have buddies that have kids now and you kind of see them parenting, and I think about my dad and kind of the way he parented me through some of those through some of those situations. So I don't know. I think your perspective on all of that stuff changes a lot as you get older, and and just the different variations of ways parents like connect with their kids, or you know, discipline their kids, or try and teach lessons. So I don't know, that's that's tough to pick one thing, but my perspective has changed so much. I I I don't know about one particular thing, I guess is the short answer. But I definitely respect kind of how he went about my childhood and me growing up, just because again there was discipline and there were things that he wanted to make sure his point got across and they were definitely understood, but there was also a lot of respect given too, and I just felt like that it was always an option for me to not race or do whatever I want to do. There was never any pressure there. And you know, looking back on that, I really appreciate it because I think it would be really easy for a parent to have a lot of success and a sport and like, you know, just drill that in you and not really give you an option, and that wasn't the case at offer him. So I always thought that was really cool.
Speaker 2: That is a very unique perspective to have because having kids now, for me, the only thing I knew growing up was sports, Like you play sports throughout the year, you do it. So none of my kids have a nine year old and as soon to be six year old, and I'm like, I'm giving them every chance to love sports. But my nine year old's more like wants to go dance with the Dandy Lions and do her thing. So that's like hard for me to have to be like, well, the only thing I know sports, so usually go play sports. And so we've had a couple back and forth on that but overall, you have to let your kid be your kid. You mentioned your dad grew to respect you as a racer. You felt though he respect good respect you as a racer. Was there a moment for you after a race, during a race, maybe something happened the way you handled that that adversity that your dad might have said something to you and be like, you know what, I feel like he's actually starting to respect me in the lane he was so successful at.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a really good question. Yes, the there's a big short track race in the Southeast. It's called the Snowball Derby. It's down in Pennsacoha, Florida. It's every December, and that's kind of the biggest asphalt short track race in the country. People travel, you know, all across the United States for that race, and you know that was you know, really that through those years that I was going down there were some of the most influential of my whole career. Truthfully, without the success of some of those seasons and some of those years, I don't really know that I would have had the opportunities later on down the road. But long story short, we were fortunate enough to win that race, and you know, I just I remember him coming on the radio there after the race, and I can't remember the exact words, but you know, just basically saying, man, you need a damn good job today, and and it was just like I was kind of wild at the just the way he said it. You know, things just mean a certain way at certain times, and that specific time, I was like, man, you know, I I feel like I really, you know, I really made him proud today and winning that race and kind of the way the way we navigated the whole weekend, it was just all a really really good weekend for us, and I felt like I felt like I earned a lot of his respect throughout the course of not maybe not necessarily just that day, but kind of a few of those years put together of just putting my head down saying, hey, look I'm gonna take this serious. This is what I want to do. I want to show you this is what I want to do. And you know, obviously he you know, he was a big supporter and all that, and I remember kind of getting through with that one and thinking, man, you know, I feel like we you know, we we we made him proud. And that was really really a cool moment for me, that's.
Speaker 1: A badass story.
Speaker 2: It is I want while while you're like telling that story, you're like showing, hey, I want to do this, this is what I want to do. Was there ever a point in your life you're like, oh, I don't want to do NASCAR, Maybe I want to do something else instead, or was it always kind of like your dad questioning, but you'd be like, no, no, no, I want to do this, Like how do I show you?
Speaker 1: And even just to build on that too, like being featured in something like Where Will They Be? When you were one of fourteen youth Prodigies on Sports Illustrated, being that young being like, man, is this the career I am going to go after?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I fortunately for me, And again it wasn't like it wasn't like I was. It was never forced on me. You know, I had such a unique perspective of race, and you know, I think racing in general gets some probably an incorrect vibe. You know a lot of people go to races to watch RECs, and they go to races to you know, if we get in a fight or the chaos or the crashing or you know whatever. But I had such a unique perspective growing up of kind of what went on behind the scenes, and you know, the amount of work and effort and time, and how much of a team sport it was, and just all the men and women that were behind the scenes to make it happen. But then also beyond that, the craft of driving that made a guy go from being good to being great, and all the details that are behind that and just the small little things behind the wheel that we're looking for on a weekly basis to be a little better than the next guy. And I fell in love with that, you know that that was what I fell in love with, was just all that little stuff and the little thing that you know, made made people great, you know, throughout those years of just being a fan and watching and being a kid and just taking it all in. But you know, of course, when when you're you know, especially back then, I mean NASCAR was rocking and rolling through the early two thousands, and you know, my dad was a part of the show. Like what what kid would not want to go and do that when you are sitting there, you know, going to the race at Bristol in the fall and it's a packed house of one hundred and however many thousand people and your dad is a part of this event, right like I just I mean I was. My jaw was on the floor constantly every week as a six seven eight year old kid. And so of course that makes you want to do it, and at least you know, your interest level is super high. And then you get older and you start kind of going down the path of doing it. And to me, that was really when the question you had to answer it for yourself, Do I really want to do this? Am I good enough to do this? Do I do I actually have a shot? And you know, fortunately the you know, missing things at school, missing you know, events with my buddies or friends going off to college and you're not going and you know, wanting to hang out with them and all those little things that you kind of miss out on. Over the years, I think you kind of come to a crossroads of like, man, you know, am I okay with missing all these things? Do I want to go and do this? And and for me, the answer was always it just continued to be yes, like, yes, I still want to do this, Yes, I still want to pursue this dream. No, I'm not tired of it. I think I'm good enough to do it. And the opportunities, and fortunately enough success came along with that that you know it, it worked out and the stars lined and you know, Rick got involved and and wanted to help for some reason back then. I still haven't figured that out, but fortunately he did. And yeah, I kind of let it to where we are today. But it's been a fun road and certainly thankful I stuck with it, and just thankful that my desire and drive and passion for the sport and the craft and all the little things that go into it never never went away.
Speaker 2: We end up this episode to bring you Form Energy. Form Energy delivers the best in class has with natural flavors and zero sugar. Form Energy has natural caffeine derived from green tea. Form comes in a variety of flavors Scream and Freedom. That's rocket pop inspired, grape smash, blue Blitz, orange Fury. Perfect for those who put in the work. For the person who wakes up in the morning, gets a work out in, pulls a full day of work, and still gives all when they get back home. Form Energy we do the work. Let's get back to this episode.
Speaker 1: It's not that funny you speak about falling in love with like the actual sport of NASCAR and everything that goes into the sport. If you could change one rule, what would that rule be?
Speaker 2: Great question?
Speaker 3: One rule? Boy, you won't get me in trouble. Uh, that's really tough right now. I would I would lobby for more Saturday night races. It's really simple, and you know, it's not necessarily a rule, but I think that our sport, especially at this time of the year. Like I mentioned it a second ago, like unprompted that Bristol, the Saturday night race at Bristol in the fall was like like there was nothing, there was nothing any better than that. And I think our fans and the people that watch NASCAR, I think we all miss that Saturday night energy and that vibe around the races, and I would love to have more of them. We don't have a lot of them in general. We have some of these Sunday night races, which I think are just kind of awkward for people, you know, going back to work on Monday morning, you know, and then certainly unfortunately when you have a rain de lay like we hit it Atlanta, we were we finished at two am, so you know, kind of tough. But I just the energy and the atmosphere that is extracted from our sport. On a Saturday night race especially some of these short tracks is pretty elite in my opinion in sports, and I would love to have more of them.
Speaker 2: I couldn't agree with you more like having a Sunday where fans want to go and want to drive out to wherever the racetrack is and they want to get after it to have fun and experience that user harder and money to watch you guys do something at an elite level. It's like and not fake about Monday. Now, I think about Monday because you're like in your head like I really want to let loose and have fun, but there's something in the back of here, got yeah, I gotta get.
Speaker 1: Going Monday, Like I can't miss this Tomorrow's day.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, yeah, I'm with the Saturday move. You were saying, like a lot of fans kind of misconstrue how like NASCAR really is and they want to show up for the crashes and the party and all that. That tells me that you're on the stance of anti Talladay. Good nights, am I am. I correct in saying that, because look the cool the cool thing here with me. Sorry to cut you off. We've had so many people on the bus now multiple guys at one time, and then you know individuals as well, and it's been such a crazy contrast of eye opening. That movie is a disgrace to our sport, has literally been said on this bus, and then it's also been called a documentary. So I need to know. I got to know where you stand on Teldega Nights.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not a fan, okay, all right, yeah, not even a little bit of it.
Speaker 4: Not.
Speaker 2: Are you a will fail guy?
Speaker 3: Uh? Yeah? I like some of his movies, but here, listen, you have you have to understand there is a This is not me saying I don't like to have a good time, because I one hundred percent do. I think there's a time for that, like Talladega, you know, especially the infield and all that. Like I've been there, I've done it. It's the blast. Don't get me wrong, if you haven't been, go it's fun. I just think that, you know, there is a time and place for that, and then there's also space in that too, respect the craft of what we do. And I kind of like to have a little bit of both where I don't think Talladay and Knights is a very good representation of the driver's viewpoint of what we do behind the wheel. So I think that's where probably more than just me, it sounds like, just feel like man, it's such a misrepresentation of our jobs and the work and the time that we put into our craft. None of that is felt or understood in that, you know, in that movie. So I think that's where I'm just like, man, this is just such a terrible representation of every piece of what we do and why I think it's cool. But I also understand that people think things are cool for different reasons. But I just don't think the reasons that I respect and love our sport are exemplified very well in that movie.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you this, it's a good breakdown.
Speaker 1: I almost feel like I can't like it as much as I do.
Speaker 2: My stance, I'm telling you that's going to stay the same. I can respect Chase, I do love the movie. Here's the two things. One that I kind of gathered when I was in Nashville for the race. I grew up. My grandfather would take me to the pir We would go to those races every single year and you'd watch it. But as an eight year old, You're like, this is just really cool. Look how fast they're all going. You don't understand it. Fans. People will become fans if they go to the race. You hear the roar of the car. You get able to watch the pit stops in live time, seeing the cars going around. But I think another thing that needs to happen is someone needs to kind of break down when you got you know, three y guys are drafting, they're making a move, how somebody shuts them down? Like when we see that happening in real time. I know for me, I can't break down like, oh, this is what the driver's doing from a defensive standpoint and the other drivers doing from an offensive standpoint. I wish there was somebody that could go and whether it's YouTube or during the broadcast, or they're showing how people are using their feet and pedals the whole thing to kind of show how they're manipulating their car to get one up or be defensive, and I just I don't know how that looks. But because all all the things you're saying, the thing that is going against you is you're inside of a car, So I don't get to watch all your mannerisms and movements of what you're looking at everything like that as opposed to like a football or hockey or baseball or anything like that. Am I on the right page here?
Speaker 3: I think yeah, I think you are for sure. And I think that, like, you know, I wish more of us had on board cameras too, like, because I'm fascinated today to this day, I can sit and watch somebody's on board and just be I mean, I can be glued. I could. I could watch the race from somebody's on board camera, watching a driver and watching outside of their car all day. I mean I can sit there and watch it. And I think that for me, it's because you know, I do have an understanding of what's going on. But I would love to incorporate more of that into our broadcast. I think that TV sometimes they find themselves in a little bit of a tough spot here because and I can understand both sides, where you have a fan that might be watching for a long time or somebody like me who just wants to see it onboard and talk about all these little details like you're mentioning. But then you also have fans that are new to our sport that don't understand any of this that's going on. And it's like I think they they sometimes worry if they get too far into the details, are they going to lose the people that have just started watching and not bring them closer to it and almost push them away. And I think sometimes that's the that's the fear. But I love that stuff. And I told a lot of friends, like we've watched a lot of over the Winner, you know, this yearly, and like like I'm like, man, I've watched I've watched enough football in my life now that I'm almost to the point where like I love watching the game and I entertained by the game, absolutely, but I want to know more, Like I want to know why, you know, if the linebacker moves left or the safety drops back and the quarterback changes the play, well, what did he see? Why? Like why did that happen? Can someone explain this to me? Like I want to start learning more about about what's going on. So that's me though, and it sounds like that's you too, And I think there's a lot of people out there that would love that type of information given. But it would also take a little work, right, Like it's not just something you're going to pick up overnight, and you've got to be willing to put the time in to learn it. And I just think if people were willing to put some extra time into learning about all the details that our sport has to offer, I think it would I think you would be hooked even more than you are already worth to begin with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I remember, like to bring it back at Dale who was on the bus and he was talking about rising through the ranks of NASCAR and he had this driver. He didn't say what driver it was, what how would they'd come around this turn, They'd be in this certain position over and over again, and the driver would always get the best if and his dad referenced using his break a certain way on a turn, and he did it the next race and tap the guy just enough. He ended up getting run off into the grass and he won the race. And it's like those little small, inchricate details are so fascinating to me because when you're talking about why is the linebacker moving the safety, It's like, oh, well, in my head, I'm playing the reasons why people can do that because we've been in it for so long, and it'd be really cool to see why you would hit your brake versus a gas and where you would position yourself on a car because you see the takeovers and they're awesome, but you know, you don't know the full detail of everything going on. Yeah, yeah, what.
Speaker 1: Would on that note? Is there like how do you go back in twenty nineteen and Charlotte where you hit your brake, slock, you go into the wall, you go from first to last, and then you still end up winning the race, Like is there a crash course that you could give us in fans on how the hell you even pulled that off? And then obviously celebrating with a little burnout and running yourself into the wall for some fun. But how does that even happen?
Speaker 2: I like to point out before you answer that question, that's a teleg a night's reference. If you're not first your last? Yeah, just so.
Speaker 3: Right? Yeah, I get it, but I yeah, man, it was a it was a wild, wild experience. I uh, you talk about a roller coaster of emotions. Now, I was on it. I was driving the train. Uh that day, for sure, it was. We were super good that weekend, you know. And and boy, if you needed me to mess, if you needed a guy to mess something up. I was him. I was the one, and you know, we had to restart, and at the time to kind of give you some more detail, you're asking for details, I'm gonna give it to you. We the restart zone at that particular race was not the same way we exited the last corner onto the stre right away during a normal lap. So at Charlotte, the road course kind of goes through the infield. Well, Nascar I decided that they didn't want the restart to do the same thing because the field was going to be shrung out so long. They wanted to just have a normal restart, like you were running the oval and then you would then break and go into turn one. Well, I miscalculated my breaking spot because I was going way faster than I had been going on a normal lap. And I had gotten so used by my cadence of like when I was breaking and when I was stopping. I had gotten so used to doing that over and over and over again that I kind of drove to a similar mark. And boy, when I stepped on the brakes, I was like, this is not going to work. We are not going to make it. And yeah, I just locked it up, drove straight in the fence, and fortunately there was a bunch of tire barriers in turn one, so it was actually really soft, like a pretty off hit, and yeah, somehow it it didn't tear the car up all that bad. And uh, yeah, we threw some duct tape on it and line back up there last and there was just enough laps to to get back up through the field. But we were we were really fast. We had a really good run of road races there for a few years, honestly, where we just had a ton of pace and things rock and roll, and I was really comfortable in the cars, uh and the setups we had going on, and yeah, kind of cut back up through there and got back up to like I don't know, tenth or eight they're somewhere, and had a couple of cautions and I was like, man, Mike, we might actually have a shot at this thing now. And yeah, the race kind of kept playing along, kept falling our hands, got the cautions at the right time, and I was able to get back up to that even had a few laps to spare. We got out front led the last last handful, So it was pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Is there ever a moment where you're once you're in the lead on the last few laughs where you just kind of, I don't know, laugh with the boys on the mic, like if I can't believe we just went from how about that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean that was definitely the day for for sure. I think for me, like I was so I wanted to crawl in the deepest hole you could find because I thought that I had thrown this race away, you know, I mean like I just felt like such an idiot, and so yeah, I think for me, my my emotions were just so all over the place. It probably took me a bit to realize just exactly what all went on. How funny the whole situation was. But I can tell you this, boy, it was not funny in the moment. It was I thought they were I mean, I'm sure they wanted to kill me. I'm sure everybody did. Like we were, you know, we were, we were chilling, and yeah, didn't work didn't work out for a bit, but thankfully it came back around.
Speaker 2: You talk about guys wanting to kill you, what's the what's the biggest running you've ever had with like a crew chief or a pit crew guy or someone of your team that. Have you ever just pissed them off beyond belief for they're chewing your ass out?
Speaker 3: I mean I have for sure. I mean, like on my team in particular you're talking about, Yeah, ah, man, I I feel like my guys have been pretty nice to me over the years. Like I don't know, I can't think of a time where we're like, you know, at each other's throats by any means. I mean, I'm sure there's days where they are not happy with me and the decision that I made on track, but they've always given me a lot of respect. So I can't say I've I've had a bad run in internally like that. I mean, certainly I've gotten into it with some other drivers over the years, but for the most part, I feel like we've we've stayed locked arms pretty tight throughout the course of my career.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this, when that situation happens in twenty nineteen and you're in last place, the cars running great, and you want to crawl into a deep dark hole, what are the comms like with the radio? Is a little more quiet for a little bit. He's got the duct there. You're you're just You're just ways racing quietly dark.
Speaker 3: I didn't want to hear a word. I didn't want to hear a word. I'm sure nobody wanted to speak a word to me. And and honestly, it is probably the best It's probably the best medicine I could have got at that point in time because I locked in, and I mean I I didn't think there was any shot we were ever going to win that race after I crashed, so let's be clear there. But as we got back rolling, my hope, my hope meters started to grow and I thought, man, there would be no better way for me to fix this and go and get this done. So it, Yeah, I was pretty motivated to to do everything in my power to uh you know, try and get back up through there. And yeah, the moods were the moods were much different than I thought they were going to be, no question.
Speaker 2: No doubt.
Speaker 1: Is there a crew from another team out there that you've pissed off that's kind of gone under the radar over the years.
Speaker 3: I don't think so. I mean, I would say in those instances that I've gotten into it with some other drivers, like you know, Denny and I had a couple of runnings there at different points in time, Me and Harvard got into it. At one point in time, those erased Joey and I crashed. I think I actually kind of ran him in the fence inadvertently. So I'm sure that you know, there have been team guys that are mad and probably want to come, you know, run me up the road, but they haven't. I feel like it's been more you know that they left the drivers and they left their guy kind of handle it the way that they see fit, and I think that's pretty normal, you know, like the on track stuff I feel like is for the most part, between the drivers, like we're driving the cars and we you know, uh, try to take responsibility for the things that happen, whether you're in the right or in the wrong, and sometimes you're not going to see ey to eye. But like for the most part of their crew guys kind of let us, you know, let us handle that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you're when you're coming up in the ranks, like when your first time you're getting the Cup Series, Like what's the most intimidated you've ever been by another driver? It doesn't have to be an interaction between the two where you guys getting the crash, but maybe you see somewhere you're like, holy shit, that's so and so I can't believe on the same track as them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean for me, I would say it was that rookie year at at Talladaate or I'm sorry, at Daytona. We went down there for the five hundred, and you have to you have to remember, like I grew up around these guys like like you know, and and my dad and all these different guys that were racing still when I first started. I'm talking like these dudes were a big deal for me. You know, like I have spent the majority of my life watching these guys race on TV and you know, being around them. So it wasn't necessary rookie hundred for me. On the pole, we set fast time in qualifying and you know here I was. I was, I was twenty years old. I just stepped into the twenty four car. Jeff Gordon just retired. I was. I was the guy to you know, replace that seat, and I had, you know, probably no business being there at that point in time, and you know, here I was. It was it was time to go, and I was starting first for the Daytona five hundred and twenty sixteen it was. And I just remember getting done with driver intros and you know, my car was at the front of the grid obviously started first, so I'm literally walking by guys that you know, I had grown up watching my entire life, and I'm you know, fixing to lead the field to the green and I just remember thinking, man, like, I don't know how much business I have doing this right now, but here we go. And it was It was a lot, but it was a lot of fun looking back on, and I'm so thankful for those memories and you know, all the all the nerves and just the excitement that I had and just kind of seeing a dream, you know, literally come to reality in that moment, and it was, Uh, it was wild. So it wasn't necessarily one person, but just literally walking past all of the legends of the sport of that time. Uh, to go and start that race was was pretty surreal.
Speaker 1: Especially getting into twenty four. What's the what's the story behind you making the switch from twenty four to nine?
Speaker 3: Yeah, actually a pretty cool story. I I I mean nine has always been my favorite number, so you know, yes, yes, it was my dad's number, and you know, they had a lot of great success with it. But I really just love the number. I just thought it looked good. It was kind of all I ever knew. I wasn't trying necessarily to like, you know, copy him. I just I really love the number. And as I raced more, it became it became kind of home for me. It's kind of just, uh yeah, it's just what I, you know, what I wanted to be if I had a choice, that was always what I you know, what I picked through sports, t ball, you know, whatever it was, and obviously got to racing and you know, ran around doing the short track thing for many years and and uh, you know, we had had enough success to kind of get to the next thing and the next thing. And obviously when I started, you know, Jeff had stepped away, and really the only change in the twenty four car was me, you know, Jeff. Jeff stepped out and retired, and the rest of the team was all the exact same, including the number. So you know, first off, what am I going to do if if if Rick Hendrick walked up to you and said, hey, I want I want you to I want you to drive the twenty four car next year, what I I'm not I wasn't going to sit there and tell him, sorry, sir, you know, I can't do that unless it's the nine. So that that wasn't going to happen. And I just never felt like I was in a position to ask for that, and I was never going to. I mean, I'll tell you straight up, I was never going to ask to swap numbers. It just it wasn't my place. He has done, you know, and he had had done and has done since way too much for me to really ask for much of anything. But what had happened was we had had another driver change at HMS there going into the twenty eighteen season, and it had gotten announced and I had I had, you know, one afternoon, I had a text from Dale Junior and he's sent a message and he said, hey, if you want to be number nine nine again, now's your chance. And I was like, man, you know, I just and I told him the exact same thing, just told y'all, I'm like, how can I ask if I can ask anything more? And he said, look, he said, you know, now's the time to do it. It fits it's you, it's it's your family. It's an opportunity if that's what you want to be you know, this is going to be your last opportunity to do it with the changes that we had going on an organization. I said, well, I'm I said, of course I want to, but you know, I'm going to need your help, Like I'm going to need you to kind of help, you know, talk to the boss and make sure that I'm not you know, overstepping my my boundary here. And so he did, and and he kind of helped kind of push me to start asking questions. And then I think he also kind of gave the boss a nudge about, you know, how cool it would be to make that swapping, to make it happen. So Rick ended up reaching out to Richard Petty at the time, who owned the nine and through the different ownership in just throughout the years that had wound up with you know, with Richard, and he said, look, you can have it. He said, if you if you want it, you can have it. And he gave him the ownership rights to the number, and and off we went. So long story short, Dale Junior is the reason for the switch, and I'm thankful for it because it definitely feels like home for me, you know, for a lot of different reasons. The number is special to my family and and all the people over the years that have kind of helped my career and my dad's career become what it was and what it is today. So I'm grateful for that. And yeah, and also kind of the story and the run of being so close to winning in the twenty four and just never got over the hump. And then you know, it got to twenty eighteen and we swapped numbers and that was a year I got my first win, and it just kind of seemed like the that was the way the story was meant to be, and it was, you know, really really part of that's sick.
Speaker 1: Shut on Dale.
Speaker 2: Dale is the man for that.
Speaker 1: You know, he's probably playing college football twenty seven right now as we do.
Speaker 2: This with a new with the new group of boys too. He got kicked out of his league and.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, we lost him.
Speaker 2: Chase, you got us, buddy.
Speaker 1: Chase, you got us.
Speaker 3: I think I lost to you again.
Speaker 2: Oh we're back.
Speaker 3: I lost you again. I think I got you back to perfect?
Speaker 1: Yoh man, did you have a good college football twenty seven joke in there? On Dale Junior?
Speaker 2: It sounds like he did.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that, then you're probably right. I bet he is. He is playing, or if he's not, he will be. He will be soon. He's a big he's a big fan.
Speaker 2: He's got the playbook out right now, he's down and everything in there. I just saw a think on college football twenty seven. Everyone who's played it through a season so far, Bryce Underwood always transfers all I hate that, Chase I went to Michigan. That's our quarterback, Bryce under what it's it's uh, it's heartbreaking that video game trying to put that kind of evil on me. Before we get you out of here, man, I want to ask about one individual. I ask about him every single podcast. NASCAR probably told you this idiot, Taylor's going to ask you about this guy. Talk to me about Carson joso Arc. It's third last week. Every driver that's come in has been a little more like, ah, you know, some guys are more blunt than others. But what has your experience been like with Carson Josavar. I wore number seventy seven football when we started this show. I was like, I need to get back into this. Who should I root for? Overwhelming was Carson Hoosa Art it seems like a guy who's loved and hated at the same time. I beg ying and Yang takes place. He doesn't mine running somebody in the wall. When he needs to, he'll hold a grudge. What has it been like for you and him?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I I it's kind of funny you ask. I know he's been a hot topic here lately, but yeah, I have no issues with him. I really don't. And you know, he's a guy that you know, he's he's racing me hard, and there's been a couple of times I felt like, maybe, like right around his rookie year, that he kind of me the wrong way a couple of times. But you know, I do remember having a couple of conversations with him there early on, you know, respectfully, you know, just the best I knew. How and ever, since then we have been totally good, and I feel like he always treats me with a lot of respect. On track, he races hard, but I'm okay with that, you know, unless he's running me in the fence or crashing me or you know, something stupid. I'm kind of good right now, so subject to change. I mean, who knows, Like you never know what's gonna happen next week. But I feel like he's given me quite a lot of respect really ever since those those early on incidents that I wouldn't even say incidents, but just conversations we had just kind of you know, racers talking back and forth. So I wish I had something juicier and better to give you, but I don't. We've kind of been good, so I'm uh, I have no, I have no issue right now.
Speaker 2: Did you talk to him the same way that Bubba?
Speaker 3: Did?
Speaker 2: You know there's a viral video of Bubble kind of like getting it sitting like up on the wall a little bit and he's like kind of talking at him a little bit. Was that kind of your conversation or was it like, hey, just so.
Speaker 3: You know, I haven't seen the video of that, But no, it was. I mean, I wasn't talking at him by any means, like I think it was just more of a conversation of you know, hey, maybe I would have done this, I guess, coming back to my dad's way of telling me, I wouldn't have done that, so inadvertently, but probably more that route than than I was, you know, talking at him. So yeah, maybe nothing fiery, nothing mean nothing dramatic, just hey, you know, let's let's think about this a little differently. And I feel like with me, at least, it's been it's been all good.
Speaker 1: Nothing juicy with hosts of ar. But how about a juicy little fun fact about your teammates at Hendrick Motorsports, William Byron and Kyle Larson, any juicy fun factor sittings you'd have to describe them that people wouldn't know.
Speaker 3: About man trying to think. I mean, you know, Kyle obviously is uh, you know, out racing a lot, and I get to see him not as much William. William really has fascinated me, h throughout the course of his career and just his path and how different it is and has been, you know it like for me and and Kyle both. And honestly, I would say the majority of the guys that race in the field no different than blood and golf or t ball or football at a young age. I mean, you're starting to do these things when you're heck, I don't know, six seven, eight years old, right, like maybe even younger nowadays. And that was not the case for William, like and and it just mind blows me that this guy I started racing as late as he did. He spent the majority of his time racing on ie racing like online and and has has legitimately become one of the best guys and the most talented drivers in the field every week at any track. And so that that you know, not that it's like some you know, juicy, funny story, but that part about William for me, he has been so cool to watch and also a great lesson and just kind of there's not one right way, Like this guy has defined every right way that I thought there would be to do this, and I just think it's really cool. So his perspective on things is totally different uh than mine is like in our meetings and stuff. But he uh, I think that different perspective has has also made us stronger and it's also opened my eyes to just being open to you know, looking at things a little differently too. And he's a he's a good dude.
Speaker 1: Well, it is a very fascinating career path that he's kind of had to get in a NASCAR. What is something that William does better that people don't realize?
Speaker 3: He is just so smooth with his inputs and I think that he probably gets some of that from the online stuff that you know he did over the years. And and also what I think is really cool that that really has worked in his favor a lot is he didn't know what he didn't know. And you know that sounds so so dumb, but he had no he had no bad habits, right and you know, he comes in. He ran a couple of years in the old generation car. He was he was really starting to get going towards the end of that, and then we swapped cars and right when that happened, it was like right up his alley. And I think a lot of that was because he just he didn't know any different. He didn't have a lot, he didn't have years and years and years of doing things a certain way that he had bad habits to have to break. And just being super open minded I think has helped him excel quite a lot. So it's been it's been really cool, really fun. Like I said, just super interesting. I wish you guys could just see the things behind closed doors a little more to understand what I'm exactly what I'm talking about. But yeah, it's uh, it's been impressive.
Speaker 1: We'll have to get out there and I'm gonna be honest, we've done this interview. I don't even know what people are, the drivers the boys are talking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, crack up. It's like he seemed like he was ready to go the whole time. Yeah, it was really blinquant. I to set it off for all of us. The greatest band of all time got it all done.
Speaker 3: They saved us.
Speaker 2: They say the Blue Cheese started shallen, Yep, it started this entire relationship. Man, It's absolutely beautiful. Dude. Listen, ball is in your core when it comes to this friendship. You want to make it bigger. You're more than welcome to. We love to do some stuff with you.
Speaker 3: Will.
Speaker 2: Oh you're good. I thought you. Yeah, I did not again get nervous. You're the man, dude. Everyone's a fan favorite of you. We're fans of you as well. We appreciate you taking the time coming on, even if it's Ja zoom. You're taking the time out of a busy week.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Man, Well, sorry, it hadn't worked out the last couple of times we tried to schedule it, but I appreciate you guys having me. It's a pleasure to be here. We'd love to do it again. So uh, we'll have to try again sometime.
Speaker 2: I love it. Brother, We'll get in a car. You can show us all the ins and outs. Yeah, start ripping around the track a couple of times, perfect.
Speaker 1: And right before you get off, would you just be would you just want to take the stance that Ryan Blaney he's a shitty golfer, like you're the best one of the group.
Speaker 3: Well, the thing about that is I've played enough golf with Ryan Blaney to know that that is not true. So he dude, I've played a lot of golf with Ryan, and I don't think we have left the golf course one time and he be paying me. I think I think I had been paying him every time we have left the golf course with any wager on any game. Ever. So that should tell you all that all that you need to know.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, all right, shout out right, golfer, great golferod driver, Chase, you're the man.
Speaker 2: Let's give Chase one more.
Speaker 3: Time, great, great, great mustache. One last week like we just we can't roll, bro.
Speaker 2: You broke up a little bit. I heard great mustache.
Speaker 3: No matter what.
Speaker 1: One day, we're getting him were the bus.
Speaker 3: We're getting the.
Speaker 2: Morning on the bus. But we appreciate you. Thank you so much for coming on racing with the boys.
Speaker 3: You're the man cool.
Speaker 2: See you ball.
Speaker 3: Thank you guys. Have a good day, you too.
Speaker 4: Brother twenty one plus and present in select states. For Kansas in affiliation with Kansas Star Casino or eighteen plus and present in DC, opt in required bonus issued as non withdrawable profit boost tokens. Restrictions apply, including any token expiration and max wager amount. See terms at sportsbook, dot fan duel dot com. Gambling problem call one eight hundred gambler or visit rg dash help dot com. Call one eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven, or visit CCPG dot org slash chat. In Connecticut, Hope is here gambling heelpline MA dot org, or call eight hundred three two seven fifty fifty for twenty four seven support. In Massachusetts, visit www dot MD gamblinghelp dot org. In Maryland, call one eight seven seven eight Hope n Y. Or text Hope n Y four six seven three sixty nine. In New York