Speaker 1: I am all in.
Speaker 2: I am all in with Scott Patterson, an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey everybody, Scott Patterson, I am all in podcast, Season five, Episode thirteen, Wedding Bell Blues, and this is brought to you by I Heart Radio and one eleven Productions. And I am with my intrepid crew that include Tar Suit, Daniel Romo, Amy Sugarman, Ladies. Welcome.
Speaker 3: Is everybody in shock?
Speaker 1: I'm in shock about how good this episode was. Not really in shock. It was just it was I don't.
Speaker 4: Know, it was one letdown after another. I was just like it just let down.
Speaker 1: Danielle, you and I were getting it all in this episode.
Speaker 3: It's the one hundredth episode of Gilmore.
Speaker 1: That's the hundred That's when we had the cake and they brought a cake. Peter off ahead of a Warner Television. I brought a cake and we took a break and we went on the set this other sound stage and there was a hundredth episode cake.
Speaker 3: And did you get anything other than a cake or just the cake?
Speaker 1: We did not get porsches, We did not get Mercedes bends. You know, you know how you read about how friends got cars and totally friends, you know, we got nothing.
Speaker 4: I think we got think I got five hundred.
Speaker 5: Bucks like bonus, we got the Satisfaction S gift card.
Speaker 1: I got a nice piece of cake. I got a nice piece of.
Speaker 3: The cake was tasty.
Speaker 1: And I had a job, a job security, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right, you're right.
Speaker 3: I bet it was a Hanson's cake.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't recall the baker, the bakery.
Speaker 3: Because they could put all the cast faces on it.
Speaker 1: I don't think. No, they didn't do that.
Speaker 3: Wait, Danielle, who does the cakes for the Forum.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 6: Wait who directed this because it seems directly this is.
Speaker 1: A big episode and I probably a sweeps episode. But February eight, two thousand and five, totally sweet. It was. It was a huge episode, totally.
Speaker 3: The wedding was like magnificent.
Speaker 1: I'm just going to say something right here and now, this was my favorite episode of the hundred. This is number one for me, Stom number one hundred, number one out of all. Wow, this is my favorite. I had more belly laughs and in this episode, and there was the right did the right kind of drama, the right kind of humor, the right pace, the right flow of the episode, right balance of characters. I watch this song.
Speaker 3: I don't disagree with you. I will show you all the last page of my notes. Can you see it?
Speaker 4: Oh? Ten circle?
Speaker 3: Like right away, I just went ten. So I agree with you. Scott. It's a home run home.
Speaker 1: I mean, wow. And that ending, Danielle, you know what, gang, we got it. We have a lot to say, we do, really sy our engines were burn and rubber Let's says synopsize, and then we'll just like you know that Christmas tree light up green and we'll go all right.
Speaker 4: This is season five, episode thirteen, Wedding Bell Blues Air date February eighth, two thousand and five. Richard and Emily renewed their wedding vows on the series one hundredth episode. Lorlai quickly confesses to Luke her drunken night with Christopher when he appears at the reception, Rory makes a move on Logan, and an explosive fight between Luke and Christopher ups when Christopher tries to mark his territory.
Speaker 3: Oh god, that's only.
Speaker 4: Like one eighth of what happened in this episode, Like literally, like the last three minutes.
Speaker 1: Luke and Christopher went to blows now I thought it made Christopher look pretty weak. I agree both overreact when he when he no. I think he overreacted when he spilled all of Emily's pre programmed dialogue for his mission statement out at Luke in the middle of his yelling, and it was just like, boy, this guy's.
Speaker 3: Right, think for yourself.
Speaker 1: It's not smart, and yeah, exactly, think for yourself. It's like how weak can you be? And I was liking him. I was like sort of sympathizing with him a little bit with the story about the first kiss and the whole thing, and I just like him, and I like him as an actor, and I think he's really appealing.
Speaker 3: But I like, look, I agree when he.
Speaker 1: Started spitting Emily truth, you know, it was like.
Speaker 3: Emily is the real villain here.
Speaker 4: This whole episode. I was just like, woe is me, Christopher, Like you need to just take a step back, like you are just killing He literally killed me in this episode. And now I know why people don't like him so much.
Speaker 1: Didn't he remind you of like remember those old westerns when the when the guy who was looking for trouble who's about to get shot by the hero is like sitting at the bar, just stealing and drinking, taking another drink, and it's like, I know I'm going to cause trouble. It was like a john Ford film.
Speaker 3: Oh, it was like Christopher the alcohol down. This is not going well.
Speaker 6: Wait, controversial take which we'll get to, but I just want to throw it out there. They all overreacted over Rory kissing Logan like they acted.
Speaker 1: Like that was not I don't know that a kiss.
Speaker 3: Whatever.
Speaker 1: Bottom No, No.
Speaker 4: I think it was. If Laura did not walk in those clothes would have been all off with.
Speaker 1: But you didn't think it was post about a bing. There wasn't enough time.
Speaker 3: It was pre It was like they were just starting to go there.
Speaker 5: I'm just going to save save what I have to say about it once we get there, because I feel like it'll be more of a discussion.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, So let's go to the beginning. Luke is on the phone.
Speaker 6: Loralai comes in and he's ordering the boat parts. So the boat still plays a significant role because he's going to be working on the boat.
Speaker 1: He's making a boat. This biblical? Is he like? No one? Now is he going to Rory and he's going to get two Gilmour's on the boat when the flood comes. What's happening?
Speaker 6: It was a cute bantering with about our boots, and they do address that. We learned that the re wedding is tomorrow and he's still going, and that they're going to watch a cop rock marathon, which obviously tickled me.
Speaker 3: Silly but good opening.
Speaker 1: Yes, ordered her the fishing boots.
Speaker 3: Totally cute like that.
Speaker 6: She's like, oh, I need the boots, I need the boots, and then he's like, in the boots.
Speaker 3: That's not like it's just cute, they're very they're very great.
Speaker 1: It reminded me of my favorite scene between the two and the pilot the first time we see them, when she comes up with coffee please, how many cups have you had this morning? You know you have a problem. It was the same sort of sexual tension. It was the same great point, same attitudinals flying around, you know, her keep lifting him up a little, and yeah, it was good.
Speaker 6: That's such a such an excellent call out, because it's like, we've loved what we love about them from episode one and then you're right, it does.
Speaker 3: It's just it's very reminiscent of.
Speaker 1: Its great chemistry they have and why they have it?
Speaker 3: Did you know you had it right from go?
Speaker 1: Oh? Sure, I knew it the night before we started shooting at the restaurant in Toronto, across the street from the hotel, that fancy five star French restaurant micheline star place, when I was in my tracksuit and they let me in. To their credit, they let me in.
Speaker 3: And why do you always lose things?
Speaker 1: I just know it's meant to be that way. I'm meant to be in a continual shape of a state of imbalance and hope.
Speaker 3: So you knew you liked her? Like she was a cool girl.
Speaker 1: Right smart. She's just a cool chick mart check cool check. Yeah, likes to party, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: She's fun every month.
Speaker 1: She's not stiff and yeah, she just say loves to laugh.
Speaker 3: And here's a weird question. Here's a weird question.
Speaker 6: Are you more like Luke or is or and more like Lowerli who is closer to their character like their real person.
Speaker 1: We're both exactly the same distance from each character. I think there are elements of her that go into Laural I. Obviously there are elements of me that go into Luke, but we're really nothing like them. You know in reality, you know, because if you saw us interact initially before we even started shooting, it was just like a couple of people getting to know each other and enjoying each other's company, you know, and having some laughs and having some dinner and having a few cocktails.
Speaker 3: How money is that?
Speaker 6: Because when I see you in interviews and I see her in interviews.
Speaker 5: It's almost like, yeah, totally.
Speaker 6: Even when she's like doing parenthood, I'm like, oh, there's Laura Li, and then she's kind of very her mannerisms are and herr her like what's it called rhythm?
Speaker 3: Is very Laureli.
Speaker 1: Because okay, I'll tell you why. Because we both come from similar schools of acting where we both know that bringing our own rhythms, in our own psychology to a role is what makes that role unique. Like we're not trying to put anything on, We're just trying to bring ourselves to the role. So that's what you're getting, you.
Speaker 3: Know, Yeah, that's yes, That's what makes.
Speaker 1: It unique is you. There's only one of you. There's only one Lauren, right, and there's one Scott. And if you can represent yourself in a role, then it's going to be unique. If it's any good if it's well written and you have skills. There's some obstacles.
Speaker 3: I think you.
Speaker 6: Both have skills, So okay.
Speaker 3: So then we go to the kitchen and we see one of.
Speaker 6: The most amazing yet grossest spreads of all time.
Speaker 3: First of all, is she cooking pancakes in the toaster? I didn't know you could do that? Like, I know you can do it in a toaster, of it.
Speaker 4: You definitely can't do it in a toaster unless you have like some special attachment.
Speaker 3: So what was she pulling out of there? She was not only putting syrup on them?
Speaker 5: What was what you can if they're frozen. Oh yeah, they're frozen pancakes. You can put them in there. I have too.
Speaker 6: So they were having pancakes, mashed potatoes, which maybe were then replaced with tater tots.
Speaker 3: I think I saw some pop tarts. There was definitely marshmallows or.
Speaker 5: Something, and many donuts mini donuts.
Speaker 6: Like that looks good, well to okay, pregnant ladies.
Speaker 4: Pregnant ladies like, I'll take all of it. I'll come over today.
Speaker 1: It looks a little late, I don't know how.
Speaker 3: Thin seriously, and like that's so much.
Speaker 1: How are they getting any sleep after feeding all that, They're just like staring at the sailing all night.
Speaker 6: So Luke is there, which I love. Also, it's very comfortable. He's there working on the boat, but he's not really interrupting their time, Like I like everything.
Speaker 5: About it was really sweet. He's like, nope, this is your night, like I'll be outside, like you even want to come in?
Speaker 3: It was so cute.
Speaker 6: And then I love the line when he says he doesn't come in. He says, I'm dirty, and she's all, well.
Speaker 1: So is the house. He was really dirty, an inch of dust all over them, and.
Speaker 6: They have this cute kiss even in front of Rory, Like it's all very They're a very comfortable family. Yeah, like they seem like two parents with an adult child, which which I gotta say, you called it when Luke calls it out later like where were you? And he's right, he was at everything and and Christopher was at nothing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but we'll get to that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I mean he's not the guy that comes into a relationship and tries to take over and control everybody. They're just doing their normal night, their normal thing. You do your thing, I'll do mine. It's all good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I agree, So we'll get into the instant mashed potatoes for a minute.
Speaker 3: That seems gross.
Speaker 1: I lived on him for a while.
Speaker 3: No, well there's is it powder?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Before it's like flakes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and macaroni and cheese, and well mac.
Speaker 3: And cheese is amazing. Please, that's a ten out of ten.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but there there there were there were times when you can't even afford the craft macaroni and cheese.
Speaker 3: So what do you do? I just got to go make it yourself.
Speaker 1: Springfield Springfield Craft was ninety nine cents, Springfield with thirty nine cents all that's true story. Most of my existence in New York City study was on Springfield, Springfield, Springfield macaroni and.
Speaker 3: Chase instant mashed potatoes or no, that's amazing.
Speaker 6: Okay, So then the phone rings just as they're sitting down for their cop Rock marathon.
Speaker 3: Wait, do you guys know cop Rock?
Speaker 1: I've heard of it.
Speaker 3: Can I give it like a little short? I think it was.
Speaker 6: I'm sure we'll do some population series. Yes, but it was a Stephen Bosch. Yeah, so he was like a legit producer, right, So imagine Hill Street Blues. Do you guys know what that is, or like Chicago any kind of fully shows they were singing, they would bust out into song like in the precinct.
Speaker 3: So it was basically Glee before Glee, but it was like Chicago PD kind of SB you wish but not quite like that's a little bit too many cases means Glee. And I was like when it came out, I'm like, this is awesome.
Speaker 5: Sounds fun.
Speaker 6: It does sound fun, so awesome, and then it got like canceled pretty fast, but you can find it on YouTube, and sometimes I do just like go, yeah, it's gonna watch a little cop rock on YouTube.
Speaker 3: The world just wasn't ready.
Speaker 1: Now, it was not. It was not well received by the critics, and.
Speaker 6: It's almost been sort of mocked, and so that's why it's so funny that they're having a rock and marathon because it's so mocked. But anyway, so then Emily calls and obviously suddenly they realized they're supposed to be having a bachelorette party, for.
Speaker 5: Which I would have never thought that, Like I I was saying there, like it's a val renule. You wouldn't have the whole celebration like bachelorette, bachelor, bachelorette party like all of that.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's maybe dinner, but.
Speaker 5: Like at dinner, but even then, they've been married for how many years.
Speaker 1: Like forty years, and Emily.
Speaker 5: Likes every thing her own way, So like LORELEI planning something, she'd be like, Emily wouldn't like it.
Speaker 3: Anyway, she did.
Speaker 4: Pretty well for the last minute notice.
Speaker 3: It was great and Emily was loving it.
Speaker 6: Okay, So before we talk about that, how awkward dot com was the exchange when Emily pulls up and comes out to the boat, I was just like.
Speaker 4: Can the boat float? Oh? It was so when she that, I literally was like, that is such an insult, like she so.
Speaker 5: It kind of reminded me of Dean making that car for Rory, like how Richard didn't really approve of that. It reminded me of that scene.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and just like you want things that drive on the road or the highway or sail on the oceans to be safe, and you don't want them made by individuals that are really you're in a relationship with because conflict of interest.
Speaker 3: I trust your boat.
Speaker 6: I trust your boat more than I trust Dean's car.
Speaker 3: And Gypsy checked that car.
Speaker 1: So that's a great line. Why was it that should be on it? I trust your boat more than I trust Dean's car that should be on a.
Speaker 4: I think what you just said is like and I think Scott's gonna hate this. But is is Luke lorealized Dean?
Speaker 1: Oh God, yeah, I'm gonna hate that.
Speaker 3: I hate it.
Speaker 5: I don't think so.
Speaker 4: I think like Digger was Logan, you know what I mean? Like, is this are the parallels parallels here?
Speaker 5: I think in the eyes of Laurele I I'm sorry Emily and Richard, this is how they see their girls and their significant others.
Speaker 1: It's a class structure, and Luke does fit in that class, and they don't know, do not approve?
Speaker 3: Very interesting, uh sort of conversation to have.
Speaker 1: Because if she would have David, if she would rather have a Christopher, because he's in the right class.
Speaker 6: Right, That's kind of why they were like down with Digger, even though like what a mess that was.
Speaker 1: Look, it's understandable. You know. Those tribes, they they they they they form their you know, Promethean tribal bondings and the way that they do it and conquer the enemy the way that they do it, and they know they're sort of what they're supposed to do. They bond.
Speaker 3: Isn't it a tale as old as time? Isn't that the Notebook?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 6: Isn't James Marsden's character in the Notebook like the one that you'd think she should be with. I don't know, you've never seen the Notebook?
Speaker 3: Am I right?
Speaker 1: If they die on the bed together when they're old or something, they do.
Speaker 3: Okay, yep, they're like to be.
Speaker 6: But she sort of marries the Luke. Nobody is with me on this.
Speaker 4: I've never seen a Notebook.
Speaker 3: I've seen it.
Speaker 6: I know I have. I did.
Speaker 1: I've seen it.
Speaker 3: It's like, come on, everyone's like shock.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it's on every flight you'll ever take.
Speaker 1: But you know, I'm watching the James Bond.
Speaker 5: I'm just it.
Speaker 6: It makes me laugh because this is a total digression and people don't be mad.
Speaker 3: But in Jury Duty when James Marsden and he's like you were in the Notebook and James Marrisen is.
Speaker 6: Like I was the other guy I did see Jerry Duty.
Speaker 4: That was funny.
Speaker 6: Okay, So anyway, so I don't know, she's a little how do I put this nicely kind of upper butt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and also with the whole like best wishes versus congratulations.
Speaker 3: She's right, She's right, he is right.
Speaker 4: But you like, if somebody says congratulations, you can just say thank you. You know, you don't have to be.
Speaker 1: Like but that's what she.
Speaker 4: Wishes.
Speaker 1: That's what separates the classes, though, is that true?
Speaker 5: Though you have to say bad? Of course, I do not know that.
Speaker 3: You want a little history.
Speaker 1: You don't congratulate the bride, you don't congratulate the woman.
Speaker 3: Scott, isn't it because like in Days of your.
Speaker 1: You're congratulating the man because he's the one that got lucky.
Speaker 6: Right, And you don't want to say congratulations with the woman because like she wrote to do, I.
Speaker 4: Guess she was saying, but I was just like Emily, right.
Speaker 3: She's just being so be cool.
Speaker 1: But I think I think good Sander acting on my part.
Speaker 6: Really good and really good face face a good Sander acting.
Speaker 1: I did the whole thing right. I think it was.
Speaker 5: Gonna get like real close.
Speaker 3: Emily, well, yeah, it flew off and you had to pick it up.
Speaker 6: And then when she walks away, you had to do really intense space actings.
Speaker 3: Because you had to do like what just happened. And I dislike her, but I need to like her.
Speaker 4: And that was so like the face acting was it just keeps getting worse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he just he just doesn't have a clue what to do in front of her. I mean, that's Lukes kryptonite is is Emily.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, so I was Lukes kryptonite is Emily.
Speaker 1: In front of her.
Speaker 6: He really, it's kryptonite. That's such a perfect He's just all blow And it happens again when he gets to the re wedding because he's like in the suit and trying to get we'll get to that.
Speaker 3: So first Emily comes over.
Speaker 6: The funniest thing is like they don't know it's the bachelorette yet, right, They just think she's coming over to get the suit sort of the wedding suit fixed, and Laura Lauren, Laura lies like, I mean, I'll have you out of here in two shakes of a lamb's tail.
Speaker 3: And she's trying to.
Speaker 1: Like, don't even sit down when she went up before she went upstairs, the way how fast she was talking, just don't don't take your cut off, don't get.
Speaker 6: Then Richard calls, and Richard's with his boys, like Richard's got a lot of close friends.
Speaker 4: Whiskey, he is living it up.
Speaker 6: Do you think Richard, like at the club, is more popular.
Speaker 4: For sure, he's like he's a man.
Speaker 3: Wants to hang with than Emily.
Speaker 1: Oh, she's got her friends. They just but then they just they congregate the different ways.
Speaker 3: Why aren't they throwing her at dinner?
Speaker 5: I think they're her country club friends. Like when you're there, they hang out. But I don't think outside of that.
Speaker 4: Like, Richard is cool. Everyone wants to hang out with Richard. He's magnetic. He's the guy you want to sit down with and have a star with versus Emily, you like have to tiptoe around and sure you know and you say the right thing, and your society friends versus like.
Speaker 6: Because he's got boys, there's cigar, there's a whole mess of them.
Speaker 1: But in Richard's orbit, you've got a lot of people that are dependent on their careers, are dependent on him being in his good graces, right, but.
Speaker 6: They probably still like him. He's just got more of a social structure. It felt like he's got friends that organize that bachelor or or his valet.
Speaker 1: I don't know, he's an alpha, you know he's he's he's.
Speaker 6: An alpha there you go, right, so anyway, suddenly I agree Lowerli threw together a jam and bash in three minutes flat.
Speaker 1: Realize how much you miss Sally Struthers a couple of lines, you laugh your butt off, and then she disappears.
Speaker 3: It's like, come on, I totally agree because and Kai got to come.
Speaker 1: Why and why? Why? Stuff so good?
Speaker 3: Gypsy is there? Like it was a good old.
Speaker 1: I would have enjoyed that to stop dunking.
Speaker 5: To me, my one thing is Gypsy's like who's Emily? Has Gypsy never met Emily?
Speaker 3: I did find that weird too, Yeah, why would she meet her?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 3: Emily has only been around her, she's the mcam.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but like back to like, I mean.
Speaker 6: Gypsy wasn't around in season one, so maybe Gypsy just wasn't in the cool crew.
Speaker 4: I think she would at least know of Emily though, Like that's what I thought was off, Like she was like who is this? And I don't know, it's just weird.
Speaker 1: I continue to look for fault in this episode. I'm going to.
Speaker 5: It's a little tiny thing. I mean, because Richard knows Gypsy because of the car, well.
Speaker 6: Because he only knows her because he went there that's true because of the car.
Speaker 3: He intentionally went there. Yeah, I could try that.
Speaker 4: I throw a wrench in our I thought about it too when I was watching I'm Not Gonna Lie.
Speaker 6: Tracked for me, I was like, why would they know her? That's like, why would Kayon know her?
Speaker 1: I don't know her.
Speaker 6: So I did laugh super hard when she says something about the Windsor Club and bed bets all that ain't no toilet. So it was a little I think the story is important though, that you realize, like, wait, they literally booted someone out of the club, Like it's a big flex, like we're more important than you.
Speaker 3: We're going to your retirement party out.
Speaker 1: Pulled out his wallet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they do. That does come up later, it's like and then obviously, was that penis pasta she brought up? Yeah, well, do you think it was penis pasta?
Speaker 1: Or you don't have to say it?
Speaker 8: Do you want me to say penis one more time to say it? You can say sprinking lunker, Okay.
Speaker 6: So then everyone sleeps over, which I thought was hilarious. And oh first they're drunk. Oh this was interesting. They're all drunk and they're moving the seating chart and we see Logan Huntsberger.
Speaker 1: I thought that scene was notable in that every time you see that's called an insert shot, and sometimes they ask you to stay extra long so your hand can be in this. Can't you just use somebody else? It's not going to match and you're like, I want to go home, and uh uh, but that's called an insert shot, and that's on the shot list. And it's like you're always grown when you have to do an insert shot because it takes a while. But I thought that was a particularly deft uh insert shot because they yes, because they are, because they caught it as the page was turning. It was sort of just barely saw it. Usually insert shots are like there it is, it's not moment, it's right, it's two in your face.
Speaker 3: To me, the insert shot was the opposite of the rubber Baby. The rubber Baby was so bad as this. I was like, oh, did you see that?
Speaker 1: Huh yeah, well we're not great at rubber baby shots, but you should see inserts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very deaf.
Speaker 1: So I thought the great best insert shot I've ever seen, and.
Speaker 6: They didn't slam it in my face by having Rory be like oh or like just something dumb.
Speaker 3: Instead, it was just like we knew, she knew, we all know, Wow, this is happening. Yeah, so it was very song.
Speaker 1: Well we have to see his logan.
Speaker 5: And you're like, did you find knew weird that they didn't see Christopher's name?
Speaker 4: I did, Actually, yes I did.
Speaker 3: I think you're right, Tara.
Speaker 5: Great call out, because they're right. He's sitting right next to Luke and Laurlai.
Speaker 3: No, they weren't over.
Speaker 1: Oh he was, but I think I think I think they didn't. I think they didn't do it because there was such a great out of focus background reveal of Christopher coming into the church, coming into the space.
Speaker 6: Scott, I'm so glad you called out that the focus out of focus that was we're we're we're not quite there yet.
Speaker 3: But oh I was so radish.
Speaker 6: Okay, so this is where Laura I really calls out, like and I think this is important, how entitled.
Speaker 3: They are and how they get what they want. And she hates it.
Speaker 6: She hates it, and then she brings up she hates the Life and Death Brigade, and Rory's very well, what like, no, they're not bad, and it was like, uh oh, and I think it's so important to call out how much life hates their entitlement, because it's why she's so pissed when she finds out, and Rory is like smitten with.
Speaker 3: This world.
Speaker 1: No, she just doesn't agree with her mom, and she wants her mom to stop generalizing in that way because because that's how people generalize the wealthy or the poor, god or any class. Right. Agree, generalizations are false. Agreed, they don't pass the smell test.
Speaker 3: I agree with you on generalization bad.
Speaker 1: People in all classes, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 6: Agree, But but Rory is getting hard eyes for this whole thing the limo ride home.
Speaker 1: I understand her mother li the it's sartitious of how she was raised. Her big fear is that is that she's going to end up back in that world and be crushed and disappointed the way Laurel I was. And I understand the dynamic, but it's like, you know, it's a lot of wow, great drama and great tension between mother and daughter.
Speaker 3: So, okay, knock, knock, knock, Luke's at the door. They're all running around getting ready. Luke's in this suit.
Speaker 6: I didn't know we could get dressed there, which I thought was a very funny bit.
Speaker 5: And no one acknowledges him the whole time.
Speaker 3: And I love when someone said, let's motor. Did you hear that? Let's motor.
Speaker 6: It's just a great That was a great scene and everyone's like, hey, you look nice and then be Bette's all sound asleep.
Speaker 3: So I thought that was amazing.
Speaker 6: And then I love the scene when they arrive at the club and Luke's all stressed about his wrinkles and like rich and Emily are just in fine form but with a hint of with a hint of ew.
Speaker 1: But the dialogue there for for Richard and Emily was fantastic. I mean it really set the tone of who they are, where they are, how they think, how they operate.
Speaker 6: The wedding planners fired because of Loralai moving the seating turn around like oh.
Speaker 4: But also a comment about luke suit and how Emily was like, oh, he's he's going to change even.
Speaker 6: Just like not a kid like no, and we know cousin Maryland's there, which is just like, oh my goodness.
Speaker 5: I did think it was funny about the painting class because you see them, you see them during the party too.
Speaker 1: They paid off the paid off. They wouldn't move you can't move them. I was going to use the room, but Emily doesn't care. Just the fact that they're there. Bothers are right.
Speaker 6: I also felt like, okay, first of all, when Richard says, oh, why Luke, there you are, or like Emily.
Speaker 3: One of them says, it's like you know what you two?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Come on. First of all, come on, number one, they're way too into being polite, do you know.
Speaker 6: What I mean? Like they are well mannered people. They would never actually not acknowledge Luke except that they're being big a bleeps they're.
Speaker 1: Being isn't acceptable to them.
Speaker 3: It's so bad. It's like really bad. But it's just obnoxious. It's like, oh, you got stop it.
Speaker 1: But it's funny. I thought it was funny.
Speaker 3: It can be both at the same time.
Speaker 6: It's super funny. And also they are a bleeps. Do you like a bleapes or deep bleap?
Speaker 5: It took me a second to realize what you were saying.
Speaker 3: I'm saying a bleeps. No, they're also being d words. They're just being d words.
Speaker 5: Yeah, excuse my they're doing some purpose.
Speaker 3: It's awful.
Speaker 6: But I did love the spy blank heads. Yeah, blankets blank heads. I could really start a bit of this.
Speaker 1: They're being blank faces, they're being coop heads. We could go on and on doing what we shouldn't.
Speaker 3: Really, they're being jerks, basically jerks.
Speaker 1: So I did their party. They can be blank heads if they want to, right, it's my and I'll be a d bag if you if I want to.
Speaker 6: So he's got the two fabulous necklaces and she's all into the spy thing.
Speaker 3: And then I love that she goes right the roape which one do you want?
Speaker 1: That one?
Speaker 3: And that one for like my.
Speaker 1: Like my birthday, And it shows just how much she's exactly like Emily. She's just like her mother on that level. Right, you know there was some good bonding between mother and daughter. She didn't far that fall from the tree.
Speaker 3: No, you're right, No, she can be in that world.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, she can, and.
Speaker 3: She knows how to be in that world.
Speaker 1: I think she wants to be in that world.
Speaker 3: Oh that's a great question. What does everybody think on that? I think she hates it too much.
Speaker 5: I think I think she hates it and if she would want to do it, she wants to do it her own way and not the way her parents did.
Speaker 4: I think it's so who she is, like, deep down to her core, that is who she is, and she has it in her, but she tries her hardest to rebel against. I agree with you, but there's still the silver lining in the back that still there, still there.
Speaker 6: So let me ask you guys a question, because look, we'll take Luke out of the equation because I think Luke's got a lot of dough. I think Luke's got a lot of money that in the bank. Say the Inn just took off more money, right, he doesn't have, right, he doesn't have their money. But say the inn took off, right, and Ritz Carlton or four Seasons comes in and wants to buy the Inn, and suddenly Suki and Lorelai are multi millionaires. Do you think they would leave stars Fallow? I agree, I don't think they would either.
Speaker 3: Right, they don't. They wouldn't.
Speaker 6: They might have like a fancier house or a fancier car, just little things, but they love their lives.
Speaker 1: I think they'd help out the town and improve the town in ways that you know, we don't see where it needs to be improved, but you know, they could make stuff up exactly. You know, they could rebuild the church you know, the church need it's a new upper floor, and they they do that, and I don't think she's really going to pot and you know they help him.
Speaker 3: First of all, you've got Luke doesn't need help. But whatever, just as I did think it was so funny.
Speaker 6: And when they're talking about so Emily is so nervous and Laura's like, Laura lies like it's a pretend wedding.
Speaker 3: J Lo has them all the time.
Speaker 4: She wasn't wrong, it's that still has aged very well.
Speaker 1: That was a great job.
Speaker 3: That's better now.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, Okay, so the best pop cultural reference hands down.
Speaker 3: Rory is the best man.
Speaker 6: So she's got her suit on and then we go in and we see then it's like we go into the room where the re wedding is and I was like.
Speaker 4: You missed you miss Emily asking Laura if she would ever get married, if she wants to get married.
Speaker 3: And she says she does. Sorry, sorry, thank you for that. So then we go into.
Speaker 6: The room and I was like, holy fabulous, the flowers, the violins, the cello, it's so fancy.
Speaker 1: It's just I loved that they just got to it. There wasn't too much, you know, it's like, here we are, We're doing it. It's great.
Speaker 3: Oh, same thing with the vowels. They didn't make me sit through the vowels.
Speaker 1: I was like, no, It's a perfect example of cutting into this story as late as possible and getting out as soon as possible. Right, the scene totally perfect. They established it, They established the love the bomb, Christopher coming in, Rory vibin with Logan, Right, who's the blonde?
Speaker 3: Way hello?
Speaker 6: First of all, you guys, her dress is a ten out of ten with the sort of sequined pink part of it.
Speaker 1: Who's Laurla? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Total?
Speaker 6: And she gives the wink and she's up there and she's so cute.
Speaker 3: And then we sort of have the juxtaposition of Rory seeing Logan. He won't make eye contact. I'm like, who's the girl? Wt?
Speaker 4: And to bring a girl to a party that you know somebody likes you at and he's a guest of honor essentially brutal.
Speaker 6: Then, as Scott said, the brilliance, Christopher's out of focus, walks in, then Luke's in focus, then Christopher's in focus.
Speaker 3: Well, it's just I was like, oh my god, how do they do that?
Speaker 1: Who thinks of that stetelling.
Speaker 3: Oh right, so good, then God blessed.
Speaker 6: We didn't have to listen to the vows, just the sneak beginning, and then it was like, don't make me do this, don't make me.
Speaker 5: Do The one part I did like was the cute little note about the dance. I thought that was cute. The first dance.
Speaker 1: Well wait, we're not you mean with Bill, Yeah, we're still.
Speaker 5: We're not there yet girl, because you met. I'm like the one story that I actually didn't we get.
Speaker 3: Right, we get. I didn't mind that part at all.
Speaker 6: Too Okay, So then we see them at the bar, which I thought was so funny.
Speaker 3: They're ordering their drinks and Luke's like, keep them coming.
Speaker 4: Like drinking the beer night, I add, and.
Speaker 6: She drinks a vod katonic I noticed, And then the whole mister Block and Feffer. She's explaining like, I'm not gonna know who these people are.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have to help me out, Like see here comes mister Block and Pewer, like they are.
Speaker 5: Fun and you can tell how much she loves Luke, Like I feel like this episode really showed how much she loves Yes, like no one else mattered in that room.
Speaker 4: Did we watch the same episode?
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know, daniel you don't think that.
Speaker 3: You don't think that.
Speaker 4: And no, she literally sees Christopher and is like, oh, by the way, I went to his house, I was really really drunk. I spent the night or she really if she really loved him, she would have told him before they ran into him so nervous about upsetting him.
Speaker 1: Bang on dead.
Speaker 3: This is going to be.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen. That's a mic drop from Danielle Romo. She just left the stage.
Speaker 3: Okay, So Danielle, say.
Speaker 6: Mister Danielle goes to has some kind of situation like that and nothing happens, and it means nothing.
Speaker 3: You want to know.
Speaker 4: If it means nothing, it would have been discussed earlier.
Speaker 3: See, I'm of the mind of what I don't know can't hurt me.
Speaker 4: Oh you see, It's more like if you hide it from me, then it's a problem. If you tell me, there's no problem at all.
Speaker 1: Trust Trust got to building.
Speaker 6: I have so much trust, but I don't need to know every like little minutia detail.
Speaker 1: Like you're the love of your life is taking a bottle of tequila to her ex and spending the night. What wtf? I mean, are you kidding me? You drop that bomb on me right before he shows up? Man?
Speaker 3: Whoa.
Speaker 4: And that's the only reason why she's dropping the bomb is because he's there and she didn't want to get caught with her pants down to say.
Speaker 1: Ten pounds of cement in my mouth? You know, tell me it's prime rib. I mean, give me a break.
Speaker 3: Can I throw something on?
Speaker 6: Let me let me throw something out to you guys, and then everyone can yell me, including everyone listening.
Speaker 3: When you so, you all are on.
Speaker 6: Your first marriages, right, you weren't married before, right, Danielle, you weren't married.
Speaker 3: I was, Oh you were, that's right. But it was like quick right, it was like it was just a starter.
Speaker 1: It seemed like an eternity that it was two years. Thank you for bringing this up.
Speaker 3: Okay for the therapy.
Speaker 6: Okay, so here, So here's my point.
Speaker 3: Here's my point.
Speaker 1: Here's my point.
Speaker 6: I think that if you are with someone who has children and a father of those children, there are some different sort of.
Speaker 3: Things that come with that.
Speaker 1: You get to you get to bullsh your current boyfriend.
Speaker 3: You did a lot, you don't know, but I think, okay, get.
Speaker 6: To the trying to figure out how to say that the kids to be priority, right, So I would be much more tolerant or accepting or understanding of things that happen with people that are co parenting, then I would if it was just like my boyfriend went out with, like some random lady.
Speaker 1: You're asking too I agree with Danielle, you're asking too much for somebody to swallow that kind of a bitter pill after the fact. And then as she daniel pointed out in a rushed, last minute hail Mary kind of way, because he just arrived and she's afraid he's gonna say it. I just think it's it was a bad look for lay.
Speaker 4: I just think it's really disrespectful, Like bottom line, like she may love Luke, but she's sure as heck does not respect him, because if she did, she would have, you know, put him first, and in that situation, she didn't. And I don't know, I just like I thought it was a low.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter whether you're a man or a woman. In that situation, you're going to feel pretty small. Yeah, that's going to make somebody feel small and like you're asking somebody to to to give you too much consideration at that point.
Speaker 3: I just I just give a lot of and again I could be wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when it happened, Look.
Speaker 3: I agree with that. I agree with that.
Speaker 6: But at the same time, I think when you have a kid with somebody and you are sort of co parenting in the situation that they sort of do and you have all that passed, I just give a little bit more wiggle room there. It's like it can't be so black and white. It's so complicated when there's a kid involved.
Speaker 4: It's just not her first time doing it, so like it just it's just like red flag, red flag, red flag. Like if it was one time and then because Luke, I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, But the last time she did this, like Luke was like kind of just.
Speaker 3: He wasn't stoked, he was instilled.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he just got over it because he had.
Speaker 3: That was from the lunch exactly.
Speaker 4: And it's just like you're gonna do this again. It's just like, I don't know, it's just really disrespectful in my book, and it's just I just don't know.
Speaker 3: Figure it out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and Luke handled it so much he did I thought he was gonna leave and I thought that's where this episode was going. I thought he was gonna exit stage left and just peace out. And the fact that he stayed there I literally was like because he didn't want to be there anyways.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, and he also was like sorry about your dad, the Christopher, like it.
Speaker 5: Was a kind of hint that he knows, like, oh, right, by the way, about.
Speaker 3: That, right, like I know about the whole thing.
Speaker 5: Which, by the way, I would like to preface I did not mean to make that comment right before she like spilled up I met that night in general, like not this moment, like, oh, she loves Luke, Like I think my timing was wrong on that because I do agree with everyone I think that there's a history with Christopher. But also I don't think that's fair to Luke that she just is like, by the way, this this, these are these are my five bullet points to tell you in five seconds right before Christopher walks up to us, I don't think that was fair. But the rest of the night is what I was referring to, in the sense of like she kind of let Christopher.
Speaker 3: Do I agree with you, Tara, I agree with she had to. Well, no, she had to.
Speaker 5: But like I in the past she'd always like look over at Christopher, and it was the first time where I felt.
Speaker 6: Like we Tara, I do not think she had any There is no one else in the world she wanted to be there with.
Speaker 3: Other than Luke. I would agree with that.
Speaker 4: I do agree with that.
Speaker 3: Shouldn't it.
Speaker 6: And she wanted to dance with him and he was so mad, which we'll get to but really fast.
Speaker 4: But you know when you're like significant others really mad at you, and you're.
Speaker 3: Like, do you want pizza tonight?
Speaker 4: Like listening of all the things that they want to do, like you literally try to get back in the good graces, and like that's what I felt Lourla was doing. Like she was literally got caught in a really really bad position due to her own fault, and so then she was trying to backpedal and like get back on Luke's good side, and she shoves.
Speaker 5: And then on the drive over. In my opinion, if like it were.
Speaker 3: To she didn't even know Christopher was going to be there, true, but like we.
Speaker 5: Know that, like family is going to be there in some way, I.
Speaker 3: Think she hoped to never get caught for that, you know.
Speaker 1: And also let's talk about you know, the class structure going on. In that entire dynamic, you've got Luke not feeling comfortable being there in the first place, feeling judged by Emily, and Richard feeling judged, and now this Christopher situation, he really feels like he is in the wrong place. It's rough, it's it's hard for him, and he's real. Yeah, he's really having to swallow a lot of stuff just to maintain uh, you know, an even temperament. So yeah, it's a tough situation. He did handle it well. Yeah, I was. I was proud of him.
Speaker 3: Meet. We'll get into that more, but really quick.
Speaker 6: There is a funny scene that I don't want to skip over when Rory sees Logan and she's hiding behind the bigger guy and spying and spying. That hasn't been hard because she's got a spy spy and that guy's got to keep going with his whole Yeah, that's Trip's second cousin, so that would be your third cousin once removed. Like that guy's got a whole speech she's giving and she's uh uh.
Speaker 3: So okay.
Speaker 6: So then we get we see mister and missus Gilmour for the first time, this Century, which I thought was funny, and Richard makes that beautiful toast and Emily blows them the kiss and the mate they danced to Bill that's.
Speaker 1: Kids getting married. That song with that scene was genius.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that song's been in my head since the first time I saw this episode.
Speaker 1: Twenty Oh man, it's.
Speaker 3: A good one.
Speaker 6: And Luke is mad, and Lorala is trying so hard and Chris is just guzzling alcohol.
Speaker 3: It's a mess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, boy, yeah.
Speaker 3: It's all getting messy because then Logan has that girl and it's like, what's that?
Speaker 6: So we're just seeing all this mess and then Lorlai convinces Luke to dance, which thank.
Speaker 1: God, and they look good. It looked good. That was a good first move on the dance floor at the point, and.
Speaker 6: I feel like all the background actors were professional dancers.
Speaker 1: That they probably were. Luke can dance, He can dance, Luke and Walter.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So then we see the art class, so Rory goes to find Christopher or vice versa.
Speaker 3: I can't remember. Maybe Christopher found He gets up and follows him.
Speaker 6: So the out the art class is going and you know, he tells the story about the first kiss inappropriate.
Speaker 3: Oh, I disagree.
Speaker 4: It was the best day of his life.
Speaker 3: That's so sweet to tell a kid about their parents.
Speaker 5: I think it's all about timing to put yourselves in the nonpu.
Speaker 1: That's manipulation or I'm too drunk too.
Speaker 4: You were born was the best day of my life.
Speaker 1: It is inappropriate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's the guy.
Speaker 3: Because he tells her that story, it gives her the courage to go kiss lowly. Yeah, it was.
Speaker 5: It was a way to prompt her. But I think, like I think the timing of him great inspiration.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna go mac with everybody. First of all, predicament, just like you dad painting in the background, just encouraging my child to go up and whoever they were because.
Speaker 3: Story. I don't all right, I don't hate Christopher as much as.
Speaker 1: You guys, child. I liked this great parent.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I just thought it was like he would say that on the night that he's trying to win Lorelai back, and I don't know, it's just funny. You had your chance.
Speaker 3: You have to move on, like you need.
Speaker 4: You screwed this up, dude, You screwed it up. Time to move on. Lrlay do her thing.
Speaker 1: With Luke.
Speaker 4: Stop talking about he's not stop asking her for things.
Speaker 6: At a wedding where her grandparents just had a re wedding.
Speaker 3: He's in love. He's telling a love story. But it's not.
Speaker 5: About Emily and Richard.
Speaker 3: It's about Laurel.
Speaker 5: I not saying that, Christopher.
Speaker 3: But that's their kid.
Speaker 6: If you are a kid, you're perfectly capable of hearing a great story about your parents while still knowing my parents aren't.
Speaker 3: To get it's a kid can handle both.
Speaker 1: You know what he was. He was two cocktails away from telling her like the greatest night of my life as.
Speaker 3: Well as.
Speaker 1: It's like killing me.
Speaker 5: The reason why I disagree is because of the conversation that Rory had at Christopher's house, like stay away from my mom, but we've ruined this relationship.
Speaker 6: But correct, But she's but that's okay. Correct, But she's also forgiven her father because of the you know, his father dying. They've all kind of come back together. And also, like I said, two things can be simultaneously true, Rory is one hundred percent in with Luke and Laura Lai, but she can also hear a story from her father about his first kiss with her mother. Those are her parents. She doesn't necessarily like she doesn't going to be like, sorry, dad, I can only hear about Luke and LAURAAI, or you're going to ruin their relationship.
Speaker 4: Like no, I agree, I agree with you. Like he of course he can tell her storyores of them as kids, dating and all that kind of stuff. But for him to say that was the best day of my life was just weird. And it was just weird.
Speaker 1: What kind of a father shows up at a function and has too much to drink somebody who's out of control, right, he's only thinking of themselves.
Speaker 3: Fair, and it's fair.
Speaker 1: Utterly selfish behavior. He's had too much to drink because he can't handle the situation because Emily had a conversation convinced him that he had a shot. Yeah, and he even thought that maybe it was the right thing to do. I mean, he's out of it, man, I mean, he is just so out of touch with reality and doesn't respect anybody else's space and doesn't see the damage that he caused and continues to cause. It's like, leave well enough alone. Rory's most sober assessment of her life was when she went to him and says, stay away. From my stay away from mom, let her live, let her have a relationship. That was I just maturity growth.
Speaker 3: I cannot wait till you I'll see what's coming.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm gonna throw your knowledge at us. Huh can I okay, don't hold you you.
Speaker 3: Like the story. Whether you like the story or not, we will put a pin in that.
Speaker 6: But there is an importance to the story because it gives Rory the confidence that she is going to go do it. She's going to go do the exact same thing that her mom did.
Speaker 3: So she finds logan and they I love their conversation, like, where's the blonde? She's pretty? You want me to hook you up? It was so awkward, it was so good.
Speaker 6: And then he's like, she's a friend of the family, we're not dating, which obviously he says because he.
Speaker 3: Likes her too. Right, So she says, want to dance? Then they have this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was going to jump into you go first.
Speaker 1: Do you think Rory was being being desperate or being assertive? Was there a balance there between being desperate representing herself, because because I how do you feel about that?
Speaker 5: I think that she was trying to be a sort of but it came off desperate, right, it.
Speaker 3: Just came off that way, Knud.
Speaker 4: He's so, I was gonna this, This was gonna be my point. The family friend. He knew exactly what he was doing with that family friend. That family friend was a prop in a game that he is playing with Rory like a hundred person.
Speaker 1: Do you really think at this point, because he did make his confession, this is who I am. I know, I know what I am. His confession was.
Speaker 3: Important, Yes, because he's correct.
Speaker 1: And I thought it was and I believed him. I didn't think I didn't think it was part of his game, and I didn't think it was because if it was, then he's evil.
Speaker 3: No, you're right, Scott, your ste he's a sociopath.
Speaker 1: It isn't then he has no feelings at all. I think he has feelings for her, But he's saying, listen, I don't want to hurt you because I am this way, and he hasn't said that to anybody else.
Speaker 6: Look, you cannot be mad at Logan for what he did because he does like her and she likes him, and she is lying when she says, oh no, I'm not looking for a boyfriend like I've been through that he is doing her such a He's telling her the truth.
Speaker 3: I like you, and.
Speaker 6: I'm going to hurt you because I am not ready for what you are capable of.
Speaker 3: And she is delusional that she thinks she can handle him. He's come on.
Speaker 1: But that makes us love Rory and care for her want to protect her even more right that she's letting herself. She likes him so much, right, but yeah, it's it's just like, no, Rory, don't do that. You know exactly, you know you're gonna get hurt. But she listen, that's just part of growing up. And you're gonna get hurt, and you need to and you need to sort of you need to get your heart broken a couple times before you really know what you want, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Everyone gets so mad at Logan when Logan is totally telling her the truth and he's saying, you're going to want something right away and I can't give you that.
Speaker 3: And he's telling her the truth because he knows his.
Speaker 6: Shortcomings right now and possibly knows her for a long time. He has these same shortcomings maybe all the way to the movies.
Speaker 1: Yes he's shortcomings, but really, really really really good guy wouldn't tease her.
Speaker 6: He's he's not teasing her, he is telling her the truth. I like you, I want to spend time with you. I've thought about asking you out. But I am not Rory material.
Speaker 1: You are not talking about teasing her in that moment. I'm talking about his interacttions with her prior.
Speaker 3: Oh, I see what you're saying.
Speaker 1: Kind of that, because he is he is. He does like being in control, he does like being chased. I think he's it's it's he's used to that.
Speaker 6: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: She's offering a greater challenge though, and he knows he can't handle it. He knows he's too young and he's not gonna he'll fail at that relationship, and he doesn't want to fail her.
Speaker 3: You're right, you know right, You're right. That's so correct.
Speaker 6: But then she's not being authentic because she was like, oh, live in the moment, let me get I know.
Speaker 4: That was so gross, and I was like, oh god.
Speaker 3: It's like, Rory, you're going to get your broken.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she was trying too hard to be quote unquote one of them with stealing the champagne, because that's what they did in the episode with the party. Remember all the boys were like, let's just take a bottle of champagne. She's like, oh my god, you took that.
Speaker 1: But isn't in a great device and isn't a great well, yeah, great drama that the entire Gilmore audience is reaching out going no, Rory, don't do that. Everybody's like reaching for their television screens like don't wanting to hug her, like stay away, no, go back upstairs.
Speaker 6: And then he does it again where he says, are you sure you want to do this? And then she pulls the line from Christopher I just want to know what it would be like. And okay, here's my question for you guys. What did you think of their first kiss?
Speaker 1: I thought it was I thought it was great because he's what did he say? He hesitated, and then she kissed him again and he goes, well, now I'm you know right right now? He's what did he say? I don't I'm not feeling it or something, and the yeah.
Speaker 4: No idea what she's saying.
Speaker 3: She's dressed in the suit right.
Speaker 1: Right, And then the second kiss was like okay now or now it's all yeah.
Speaker 3: So I would say I love them together. I do.
Speaker 6: I'm a huge Rory Logan fan. But the first kiss was not what the first Luke Lore kiss.
Speaker 3: For me, that was like fireworks orchestra was playing yeahllliah.
Speaker 6: Like And I don't know if it's because we got this faster, but it just wasn't.
Speaker 1: It wasn't like, it wasn't four years of build.
Speaker 3: Up, right. It's just messy too. It's just messy.
Speaker 1: But it's kids and it's and it's like, but I want to see this relationship. I want to see this Rory and Logan relationship. I want to see them try. I want to see it present obstacles and overcome obstacles and fail and get back together. And I because I like that together because it almost feels like they should be together and they're meant to be together. It's like there's some kind of destiny at play here, given where they come from and what their DNA is, and it's just like I want to I want to take this ride.
Speaker 5: We also just know that Rory's not a no strings attached girl, like you know she's going to fall for him, So it's not the same as the Luke and Laura Like in makes sense because you're like, oh, Rory, you just fell into You fell into Logan's trap, right.
Speaker 1: I don't know, it's not I don't know that it's a trap. I don't think it's a trap. It's more like trapsing new questions. It's ken.
Speaker 3: His heart for him?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you fell for him.
Speaker 1: It's really like, can Logan be a man and find his heart? And can they have a really boring relationship where everybody's happy and we won't need to watch it anymore?
Speaker 3: Absolutely zero?
Speaker 1: Or do we get a nice TV entertaining version where it's like peaks and valleys.
Speaker 6: We have the awkward just with Christopher sitting there with Luke and Laurlan.
Speaker 3: It's awkward.
Speaker 6: And then Totsy did I miss who is Tatsi? And you were Toatsy that she was.
Speaker 1: The one, the one that was hugging everybody, right?
Speaker 3: Is that what it is? She just comes around, gets.
Speaker 1: The perfume all over everybody. Okay, smell it?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay. So then Marilyn.
Speaker 1: Ist me just call me if you have questions the air.
Speaker 6: So then Marilyn's looking for everybody for the photo and she says to Lorelai, he's with that darling blonde boy.
Speaker 1: So, by the way, wasn't Marion Ross hysterical and amazing.
Speaker 3: I actually like her better as Marylyn.
Speaker 1: But you know, everybody's having affairs with their gardeners.
Speaker 7: That's very She is so touch with reality.
Speaker 1: It's hysterical.
Speaker 6: Okay, So then rich and so bored, they're so high. So then Laurlai interrupts Logan and Rory making out. This is where I feel that everyone went bananas for no reason.
Speaker 4: I was like, Lurlai was very It was the only one that did not go bananas.
Speaker 5: Right, she was circumspect, she was yeah, right, And I think what she said like she had she was she was pretty like she was right.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: She walked in on her daughter almost having sex at her first of all grandparents, val renewal tive years old, not.
Speaker 3: Even remotely almost having sex.
Speaker 1: And wait a minute, what didn't Laura I do that at sixteen, Jacket.
Speaker 6: Exactly thinking about Laura goes up into her childhood bedroom and like has sleeves with Christopher all the time. I felt that everyone was a level ten over the top. Laura I was maybe only a level six of it.
Speaker 1: It's because Christopher went in there as a drunken madman. He was crazy, going crazy and Luke went in because he got offended by what he said and trying to take possession of the relationship and trying to be super dad and say, hey, you know, pal, you weren't around number one.
Speaker 6: Everybody can disagree, but I'm like, this is not that big of a deal. Like, first of all, she likes him, so Loralai, being the cool mom that she is, should this guy's not married. The last time you walked in on her it was with Mary Dean, like, be happy that she's just I don't think she likes away from Yale.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's not the it doesn't like You're right, it's not a big deal. They're just kissing. It's like, you know, hey, you know you should get upstairs, and exactly.
Speaker 3: It's not a big deal. God, thank you.
Speaker 1: I agree with you. But the problem was it's always Christopher. He comes in, he overreacts and he's drunk and he's you know, he wants to kick herrect Logan's ass for what years old?
Speaker 3: Did you do it?
Speaker 1: Sixteen years old? You moron? What you.
Speaker 3: Exactly? Thank you?
Speaker 6: First of all, it's not that big of a deal, Like it's a boring re wedding and I, and it's.
Speaker 4: Still your grandparents have been like, that's weird.
Speaker 3: I would I would, I don't.
Speaker 4: I would never have my grandparents vour mule. Absolutely not all clo say my.
Speaker 3: Father would have been stoked if I was making out in his in the wedding, not a chance.
Speaker 6: Absolutely would not have gone its. First of all, you want to know who had been stoked, Richard and Emily, they.
Speaker 3: Would be so beyond God love it.
Speaker 6: Rory is in there making out with their like the the heir to this, and how unlash gilmore.
Speaker 1: Right, and how conflicted would Emily have been? Like Chris Christopher, shut up and get out of here. That Mitch is worth is much worth much more money than.
Speaker 4: Would be a fun fourth person to catch them, that would have been fun.
Speaker 6: Came to the door and they're all they're acting like she's fifteen. Oh you're pawing my daughter. It's like, first of all, they're like adults. They're both adults. They're nineteen twenty making out.
Speaker 3: Who can here.
Speaker 1: The mel Brooks version of this scene is that everybody in the party lines up to discover them, and they're all reacting to everybody's overreaction, and it's going all the way up the stairs and nobody even knows what it's about once it gets in the kitchen, and then the people that are the cooks and everybody and the waiters are reacting and the whole thing. Just wanted to share that.
Speaker 3: But great point, Scott.
Speaker 6: You make a great point though, that it's like it escalates because Christopher is all drunk and dumb, and then it becomes Christopher versus Luke and the whole like where were you? I was at her graduation, I moved her into college. I was there when she had the chicken box. And then he does the man, this is just for now, this is for now, Lral and I belong together.
Speaker 3: And then it was just like, that's to me, the inappropriate thing, like she knows she is with him.
Speaker 1: Emily programmed a really dumb robot. You know, she's she's got a program a smarter robot.
Speaker 4: And then him saying, him saying.
Speaker 1: It's like he was just leaking oil right away, and that was like.
Speaker 4: But him saying that Emily told him that it's not too late. That was the hardest heart because then it's like didn't he yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot, it was not too late. That's when Luke looked at her, looking at Wow, these people are crazy.
Speaker 4: Literally, in that moment, I think Luke was like this can't work out, like this is this ever going to be okay? Like this is never going to be okay.
Speaker 1: Like this is how this is how Emily feels about me. She thinks of garbage to the point where this idiot, this drunken idiot, is making this this attempt in this period.
Speaker 3: What I think is, you know him, when they.
Speaker 1: Too much for these people, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I agree with you.
Speaker 6: It's like when That's what I'm saying is like when they go low, WeGo hi. That's why Luke's like, I'm going high. I'm not going to be in here for this fricking train wreck round show that's happening. He's like no. Then Christopher is just chasing Loralai and.
Speaker 3: She's just like, get out of my way. Christopher like it's so aggressive. Good, it's just aggressive.
Speaker 4: We needed that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then you guys.
Speaker 4: The cake photo. We needed this moment too.
Speaker 6: Or Rory's got her you know, self together. She looks cute, she's fine.
Speaker 4: How she got her hair back in the bobby pins and all that. I'm like yeah, I don't know how you did that.
Speaker 3: You were happy because she's on a high. She just kissed the guy she likes.
Speaker 6: She doesn't care that these people are all fighting. She's living her best life. Richard's happy, Emily thinks she's happy, and Loralai just is like you and me, we're done.
Speaker 3: And it was like.
Speaker 4: And she means it.
Speaker 3: She means it.
Speaker 5: It was so hard for me not to continue watching the next episode after that, ending.
Speaker 1: This ten to on this podcast and to be ignorant is takes great discipline. And I feel that to her because I wanted to watch the next episode too.
Speaker 5: So hard.
Speaker 1: I really wanted to binge this and just say screw it. I'm watching the next two seasons. You know, but you can't. You can't do it. You can't do it.
Speaker 3: So what do y'all say, just now that you've seen it all?
Speaker 1: Best episode yet, best top I.
Speaker 3: Won't say that, but it's a ten out of ten for sure.
Speaker 1: Invent a new scale to measure this one?
Speaker 3: Agree This was?
Speaker 1: This was. Every second of this was absorbing and funny and dramatic and perfect and storyline coming to fruition and new ones being posed and questions being answered and new ones cropping out. I mean it's just fantastic, just fantastic, and every since, well then yet's good, right, we should be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just feel like he's getting the short end of the stick here and he doesn't deserve it. And he and if you're talking about love, he really loves Laura La, like really and that's why I'm nervous for him. I'm just kind of like, dang, Yeah, I don't know. Makes me a little bummed, not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: Still a great just a great episode, great great television, and it was like it was almost crossed over into film. You know, there was some real filmic moments. It really looked filmic in certain parts. It was just so tight and so well edited and so beautifully filmed and written and you know acted. Everything just came together in that episode. I just want, wow, I hope they submitted that for I don't know how, you know what, I'm not gonna say. I'm not going to say it anymore.
Speaker 3: Do you all have favorite lines from it? I mean there's like a hundred.
Speaker 4: Line Yeah, last line?
Speaker 1: Which one? Which one? You're done? Your favorite?
Speaker 4: You and me were done?
Speaker 1: Favorite line?
Speaker 5: Same? I mean that was so powerful.
Speaker 6: Amy I mean, I love that line, but there's a million in there that I like too, just the funny. There's a bunch of funny crap in there, which to me is amazing because you can have all this drama amidst just hilarious lines, and there's just so much.
Speaker 1: Do you have a favorite line? I'm gonna ask you again. We can come back to you.
Speaker 3: Give me yours.
Speaker 6: Let me, first of all, I agree.
Speaker 1: I'm a fan. Don't get me wrong. I am a fan of hers.
Speaker 6: And well, yeah, she's like amazingly cool, but she's also.
Speaker 3: Gets married like a bra well, you.
Speaker 1: Know, she wants to. She sees the committed relationships or something. She just has a lot of them.
Speaker 6: The story, the story about lore Li's earache and and how we get to Bill.
Speaker 3: The song Bill that was? That was good. That's a good So what is thatnight? My name is Bill?
Speaker 1: Tonight? My name is Bill. Yeah, that's great? All right? Measuring stick and uh, let's rate it, Tara.
Speaker 5: I will give it ten out of ten. Penis pastas.
Speaker 4: Nine point nine five mini donuts ten out of ten.
Speaker 1: Tatsis, I'm going to give it ten out of ten. Rink old Luke pants, that.
Speaker 3: A Chip, sorry okay?
Speaker 1: Or ten out of you know, out of control Sanders anyway, So really great episode.
Speaker 3: Just gloss over that because only you and I heard it.
Speaker 6: You guys, are he said, out of control Sanders because he was sanding the boat and the thing.
Speaker 1: Now he's drilling tiny little holes in the boat.
Speaker 6: You and I get something because you just dropped ten out of control Sanders and everyone's like and.
Speaker 3: I'm like, you guys.
Speaker 1: Anyway anyway, So that's going to wrap it up. Thanks everybody, Thank you, Tara, Danielle Amy, are you okay? Joking? We've got what do we have?
Speaker 4: Fourteen? Yeah, it's rot anyway.
Speaker 1: Best fans on the planet. And let me let me tell you something. Louisville was indie indie popcorn. Louisville was fantastic. And these fans come up and they love this podcast. Guys listen, Amy, even me. Amy. They love you, Danielle, They love you, Tara, they love you. They love the ball club, they love the team. They love this podcast. And they're driving to work listening to it and laughing. They're at work, whether they're cleaning or cooking or whatever. They've got the ear pods in and they're listening and they are. It's it's elevating their day, it's giving them some joy.
Speaker 3: So it gives me joy.
Speaker 1: It gives me joy too. So thank you for showing up in Louisville. And we had a blast, and I mean I just met some of the greatest people. And I'm going to announce right now that I'm going to be in Indianapolis at Indie Popcorn at the end of August. So i couldn't announce that before, but now I'm announcing it. Also going to be in Carpus Christi, Texas at the end of July the American Bank Center, so it's Corpus Christi Comic Con. Really looking forward to that. There's also September, I'm going to be in Charleston, South Carolina with Chad Michael Murray and Matt Zucri. So and so anyway, thanks for download everybody. Best absolutely reconfirmed. And also if you're ever in Louisville, go to Rock Restaurant ROC Restaurant. It's the best Italian food you will ever have. Tell them I Sensia say he Lo to Stacey and Rocco. We had quite a night in there. Anyway, best fans on the planet thanks for coming out, thanks for onloading. We will see you next time, and remember we and I I'm all in. Stay safe everyone, Hey, everybody, and don't forget Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In Podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com