Speaker 1: You found Fantasy Football Weekly Micro, a deep dive on one player in just five to ten minutes. Now here's your host, Paul Chargian. It's a Thursday edition of Fantasy Football Weekly Micro Edition. I am Paul Charchi, and my co host today is Guillotine League's dot com writer Tyler Cannabily. All right, we've done Christian Watson, we did Damian Pierce. We did Miles Sanders yesterday, right, Miles Sanders, Yes? Who do we have lined up today?
Speaker 2: We got White of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the new and improved.
Speaker 1: So I don't think so either. The Bucks could be a five win operation this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they want Drake May, they want Caleb Williams.
Speaker 1: I don't blame him. I wouldn't do Yeah, I mean, you know they if if it would not make it wouldn't It wouldn't be the worst idea to tank.
Speaker 2: It's not even they don't they even have like a terrible roster either. It's just for some reason, like they got a lot of big name guys that you know, like they like, look at Carolina, they don't have anyone that you know really right on Tampa Bay. They got Mike Evans, Godwin. Yeah, worfs on the old line, so they got some pieces where I think a good quarterback could go there and do okay. But we're not talking about We're not talking about KAYB Williams and how he's gonna transform the Buccaneers franchise around. We're talking about Rashad White, who Finis says the RB thirty four. Last year he was the RB forty six in an average points per game and he's currently going as the RB twenty five five.
Speaker 1: People are people they step up, Yeah, expecting the expecting him to hold the role as the go to back for Tampa. If they're taking him at RB twenty.
Speaker 2: Five, Yeah, you obviously hope that he has a better role than he did last year, at least because he started off the season behind Fournette, didn't get much playing time. But then kind of Week ten onwards is I remember the first game where he kind of broke out was that game in London against the Seahawks. I think he had he had like ten carries for one hundred yards, not ten carries, like twenty carries for one hundred yard. But he any of that monster stiff arm I remember, So that was a big thing.
Speaker 1: That was awesome.
Speaker 2: Got another two times shout out Kyle Brand Angry run edition. But so he had That's kind of where he kind of started to take some of the work away from Fournette. Because from week ten to seventeen, White had eighty seven carries, thirty three targets, thirty catches, and then Leonard Fournette had sixty eight carries, thirty three targets, thirty catches.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so White started to, you know, Fournette, I think, wore down. To me, it looked like this was less about White earning the extra carries and more than Fournette was just freaking cooked. And I know Fournette was playing a little hobble too. And now he's total, he's a totally he's a free agent right now, still not on a roster Fournette. So you know, most people, I think would look at that and say, yeah, it does look like Fournette's done, and he probably is. So to me, White did not dazzle me with his play. But we care about opportunity, and right now, there's a lot of opportunity in in Tampa Bay, even with Baker Mayfield.
Speaker 2: A lot of opportunities. He only he should have a lot more opportunity this year is I think that's what everyone's hoping on. He only had three touchdowns last year, and two of those were receiving, so only one rushing touchdown, which is that number has to go up. It might even be two, but it's gonna go up.
Speaker 1: It's gonna go up for.
Speaker 2: Yes, and Tampa Bay was also last in rushing attempts per game. That you would hope that number goes up. We talked about the bad teams running the ball in the last episodes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep, and Baker Mayfield's not slinging the ball forty.
Speaker 2: Times exactly exactly. And then at the moment there's no competition the running back room. I'm not scared of Keishawan vaugh In the run in Tampa.
Speaker 1: So this is a team that could go running back over Shure.
Speaker 2: I also think I saw something they had like the third or fourth most running back visits to the team.
Speaker 1: Oh interesting, yeah, season visits?
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, so maybe I mean we can't visits don't really. I think visits are overplayed a lot, a little bit too much nowadays, but it is worth I think they are probably a good candidate draft running back. So but I think as long as it's not Vijon Junior Gibbs or Charbonnet or even I put Dobyn Cook on there too, just because we don't know, but it seems like you know, but we don't know, as that's the rest of us. But as long as it's not one of those four, I'm not too worried about who they bring in because I'd really like Rashad White the player. If there is a highlight tape on YouTube, Rashad White at Arizona State is the best highlight tape I've seen in my life. Now I know it's highlights, but it's it just has me in so in on rashadway because his ability to make guys miss. He has a great size, profile, great speed, he has power, He seems like he has it all. He just needs to get the ball in space and be used kind of in that like Tony Pollard type of way where he's getting the high leverage touches, the valuable touches that we talk so much about as a fantasy community. And I really like the player, and I think if we can kind of see him in that sort of role, that's where he's going to be at his best.
Speaker 1: The Buccaneers offensive line will be better this year.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's another thing healthier.
Speaker 1: They hopefully will draft into their offensive line as well, get some improvement there, so that's could help as well. We just hope that there's enough balance from the passing game. And you know, currently Baker Mayfield, I know, they're absolutely a candidate to draft Will Levis later in this you know, somebody you know, perhaps Hendon Hooker or somebody else at this point, but presumed Baker as the starter, and even if it is one of those rookies, it still feels like an offense that could really be helped by running often.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you you touched on earlier. Baker's not throwing the time, throwing the ball forty times a game. I mean, he was a game manager in Cleveland. That was when he's at his best when they have a good running game with Nick jobb For sure, Cam Bakers really came out at the end of last year when Baker was the quarterback, So that's kind of maybe some correlation there. And then also I don't want to say his name, Dan Kney maybe as he's he's the new OC in Tampa Bay. He's been in Seattle since twenty ten with Pete Carroll, so he definitely comes from that heavy.
Speaker 1: Running breaks Sean Lynch years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, we've always seen these Seattle running backs, whether it's Lynch, even Chris Carson, or or even last year with Kenneth Walker. It seems like there's a Seattle running back or even Rashad Penny too. We always see it with these Seattle running backs. They've been good. I feel like every there's been at least one top twenty four. The fil't committee.
Speaker 1: You know, Pete Carroll's running backs, he gets his guy and that guy's twenty carries and you know, they don't dork around with committees. Yeah, and that would be great for Rashad White as well if that happens here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be If Rashad White goes in the opening day as the clear RB one, I would be way comfortable drafting him way above this. But I think the assumption is that there's gonna be somebody else that comes in here. We just kind of don't know his role yet. But if he is, I've always been saying I've been very heavy on skeptical of the opportunity, like if somebody else get to come in, But yeah, if he's the guy there.
Speaker 1: I love Rashod White this year, right, I think they're gonna draft a running back. I know that we don't know that for sure. Let's talk about the players going around Rashad White right now.
Speaker 2: All right, First one, we have cam Akers that RB twenty four, great end of the season last year in Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think I would lean cam Akers because I trust Sean McVay and his offense more than I trust Dave Canalees.
Speaker 2: Fair, very fair, fine, I can to arget that on that. Tyler L's year RB twenty six.
Speaker 1: See, I'm pretty high on L's year. I know there's a lot of Elsier skepticism out there and people think he's being overdrafted. But Falcons have a good offensive line and a run for his philosophy, and so I'm interested in their lead back. And yeah, they give the ball to many other guys, but I'm still buying and I liked I thought all was year got better as the season one on.
Speaker 2: Falcons are also odds on favorite to draft Bijeon this year too, So that would change every that was will go twenty six to RB forty five?
Speaker 1: Fast, Yes, if that would put that would be the end of Tyler else year.
Speaker 2: All Right, your favorite guy, Joe Mixon RB twenty eight.
Speaker 1: Cooked not interested at all.
Speaker 2: Where do we think he's probably getting caught? I would assume maybe maybe not, Maybe he does. But if he does, where's he going to go?
Speaker 1: Joe Wickson?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, they're so many running backs, the glutt there's you know, there are so many running backs. We just mentioned Leonard Fournette available right now, and you've got this the deepest running back draft in my lifetime.
Speaker 2: Mm hm.
Speaker 1: I mean we're breaking down guys that are gonna be like the ninth and tenth running back off the board, Douce Vaughan, and they're like, Wow, this guy's really good. Get a huge impact somewhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it's it's a terrible year to be an older, dying running back. And Cincinnati, I think is a is gonna I think Cincinnati is gonna go running back in the first two or three rounds and we're gonna see a you know, a Jamior Gibbs Land on that offense and it's gonna be sick. Yeah, that's what I think is gonna happen. And Joe Mixon's done.
Speaker 2: I agree with you. Whoever Cincinnati drafts, I think if it's for sure they draft are running back, they have to because this is their window now and they want offensive playmakers and that defense is good enough to worry about that. It maybe round one or round three, but running back in second round is.
Speaker 1: Very much in play. Yes, I think it is all right.
Speaker 2: Javonte Williams at RB twenty nine, I think a top two round guy last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And given that we don't know the status of Javonte Williams ACL and the reports that he could be out till mid season, can't I can't take him and I can't count on it even at running back twenty nine. So we're gonna go Rashad?
Speaker 2: Why. Yeah, his ACL seems a little bit different than all the other ones because he tore like his ACL MCL and whatever CL Sure, I don't remember, but they said it was like a very very bad ACL in TV. So it could be, which is tragic because we saw that the rookie year. Jamaish Williams good electric.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What do you think in Dynasty for Rashad? Why is there is this a buy now opportunity? Are you? Are you holding. I feel like there's a lot of shifting sands here, and you know, who's their quarterback next year, who's their quarterback in Week eight? You know, I don't know, there's so many there's so many things that are changing in the Bucks that feel like a team that's ready to retool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're like a put it on black all type of like Dynasty player, this could be like a move that absolutely smashes it. But if everything hits perfectly, if for Shod White's the guy and this offense gets good and you can get him for like a late mid second round pick, yeah, that's a great investment on your part. But if they bring in, if they draft a Jamior Gibbs or like a Charbonnet or somebody like that, and the offense isn't as good, then you're walking home from Vegas with nothing in your pockets? Have it?
Speaker 1: If you put it on black, aren't you actually risk averse? I mean that's a really really it's almost a fifty to fifty payout right, So unless the roulette wheel hits green or red, right, I mean you know that's you know, like if you put it all on seventeen, that's high risk.
Speaker 2: Rrect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you put it all on black, isn't that a relatively low risk bet?
Speaker 2: I I would say so yes, But and I think that's kind of the situation we have right now. It is fifty to fifty. But like I said, there's it's both sides of the coin. It's either high risk, I reward.
Speaker 1: I knew a girl took a bunch of money to Vegas, and she her theory was, you bet black. You put you take your bankroll and you put like twenty percent of it on black. If it hits, you just made twenty percent. If anything else hits, you then double it. So then you're gonna turn your So now you're now you got forty percent that's out. So and you keep doubling it. You keep doubling it because you'll get your money back and then some right, So you just double double double until you until this thing, until it hits and you know one of the odds that it's gonna go, it's gonna go red red red green, red red, and then you know probably not gonna do that like eight times. So you keep doing your doubling technique and eventually you'll you'll blackle it and you'll double your money. Now, if it were that simple, everybody be doing it, so it must not work. But she claimed it worked for her.
Speaker 2: I would say the the roulette tables are very it's a very dangerous place. I went to North Carolina with a couple buddies. Three guys put two hundred dollars on red. Hit red, red, it hit black black.
Speaker 1: That's a short day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they called their bossing, hey can pick up some more hours this week because it's good. I got bills of the pay and I just lost all my money playing roulette. I just read.
Speaker 1: I read a fascinating story about a guy who was able to find roulette wheels across the world that were just like slightly out of balance, and when he identified when he would identified these wheels, he would be able to turn what a game that is a pretty hefty house advantage into one that was a hefty advantage to his side by just by just having like a one percent degree of arc in the leveling of the roulette wheel. He could figure out based on based on the the way that is it a croupier or whatever that spins the ball. So he would never bet before the spin. He would always bet after the So you know, they spin for a while, the thing spins for a while, spins for a while. The ball does right, it spin, spin, spins, and while it's spinning, you can keep betting. So he would be watching it very very closely, and that on some spins he'd be throwing ten thousand dollars on the bet that says it's gonna the ball's gonna land on this third of the wheel. And he could hit it so often that he was he was hitting these casinos for a quarter million dollars a run, and nobody does that, and roulette, nobody. It's such a bad odds game. And so the the all these casinos start getting hit one after another, and pretty soon the guy's getting thrown out of all these casinos. He's got to show up in costume, and they eventually and they could never figure out how he did it. And the best theory they've been able to get is this one that the the alignment of the tables was just slightly off. They tried to they tried to arrest him, but he wasn't doing anything criminal. You know, the house was just inadvertently giving him an advantage.
Speaker 2: You are about to lose a lot of people a lot of money. They're gonna go to casinos. Now, why I'm watching a wheel get the level. So I think the best way to end this episode would be for gambling. Help call one hundred Tennessee.
Speaker 1: All right, thanks for listening everybody. Tomorrow is the full edition of Fantasy Football Weekly and we will be breaking down the rookie wide receivers and tight ends on Friday's edition. Have a great weekend, everybody. Talk to you soon.
Speaker 2: Bye bye.