Speaker 1: Motherfucking mini yoursel mini episode, motherfucking mini your self.
Speaker 2: Feel the rain on your skin. No one else can feel it for you, only you can let it in. No one else, no one else like you're going there.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen, little mama's and gentiles alike, Welcome to another phenomenal episode. And my mama told me.
Speaker 3: The podcast where we dive deep into the pockets of black conspiracy theories.
Speaker 2: And we finally worked to prove the theories that you the listeners have at home. It's a motherfucking mini episode. It's a mini episode, baby, that's so yeah. Love Natasha bett and Field. Yeah, yeah, she's She's thicker than you remember, really, yeah, big old ass. No, I didn't even know there it was. It was memed quite a bit. Uh. I think in the past like year or two, people started pointing out that Natasha Benningfield is it's very thick.
Speaker 3: God bless her.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm you know el stick huh Nelly Furtado. You lying gotta gotta gott a dumper on her? Yeah, really, that's right.
Speaker 3: Is that I'm like a bird? Yep, I had no idea more like a hawk.
Speaker 2: You've been like an Oscar. God, damn evil, you can't fly away with that thing.
Speaker 3: Stuck to the ground.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: We got another email. We got email, and we got a voicemail. We got a voicemail. We got a lot of emails. We get a lot of voicemails. We appreciate all that you guys are sending. We're doing our best to frankly juggle all of them. So please, it's worth saying. I think sometimes we don't get to cover every email and conversation on every episode, And that doesn't mean that we won't eventually get to it. But more importantly, it doesn't mean that we're not appreciative of you taking the time to communicate with us. We read them all, we listen to them all, and we we sometimes are very uncomfortable with some of the things you guys say to us.
Speaker 3: You're very forward.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: A lot of a lot of you are calling drunk.
Speaker 3: That's the funniest. That is crazy.
Speaker 2: A lot of you are getting like for real drunk and then calling us and it's like, all right, man, that's cool.
Speaker 3: I guess yeah, it's like, I guess that's a fun thing to do when you're drunk. Yeah. I think the worry is that it feels like a lot of you are getting drunk alone calling us.
Speaker 2: I guess that's the only way you would call us. If you were drunk with friends and you called us, that's weird as fun.
Speaker 3: It just BECs some of you sounds like maybe you're drunk alone in a car.
Speaker 2: And just because that car is also your bedroom doesn't mean you can call us in it. You gotta you gotta, yeah.
Speaker 3: But keep calling them, keep calling, even if you get drunk and lonely and you want to talk to your two best internet friends you never met. It's all welcome over here. We got a voicemail that we were excited about. It's it's fascinating ship. Let's just play it. Yeah, let's get into it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, y'all love the show. I gotta choose part. The first one is just a question. I'm a black dude, I'm twenty seven. I grew up in the suburbs, and I just want to know what was the ditch that era? Like, where were you outside? What were you doing? What does this mean? What? What does it feel like? I just got into it recently because you know, fuck it, getting the new music and shit, and I just need to know the impact of this on our culture.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's pause right there. Huge, It was huge for you.
Speaker 3: It was huge period. I think I will say though, that I was late because, as we've discussed before, I was trying to do to live quality my way to heaven, and I was like, I was kind of like, hmmm, a little bit, you know what I mean, at a little like mynware academics corning, and then yeah, it was just such a beautiful wave that you couldn't I mean, just so charming. They were just so charming.
Speaker 2: I couldn't agree with you more. I too, was late to the dipset train. I guess. I remember very distinctly almost getting into a fight at school because there was like a lunch table I was sitting at where everybody was arguing about who the best rapper alive was, and at the time everybody was like Cam's like it's Jay and Cam Cam might be number one, it depends like whatever. I was like, Nigga, y'all are hault wrung. It's Andre three thousand, and the way that these motherfuckers wanted to.
Speaker 5: Fight me, I like, legit upset people. They were like, shut the fuck up. Later, you don't know what the fuck you talking about? He's so much better. Come on, y'all, listen to this.
Speaker 3: Yeah you know when you played them what a job?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like, yeah, they ain't trying to hear that shit.
Speaker 3: I will also argue that I think at the time they were probably more right than you were.
Speaker 2: I will I will never concede that I think that anybody is a better rapper than Andre, But what I will concede is that it took Yeah, I think just I just don't know that anybody could could do what he does. Man, he really is so distinct in the way that he even approaches the art form. I love it so much. I could tell I can tell, but I'll say that that more importantly, it took years for me to recognize that rap isn't just limited to like lyricism and sort of like an aesthetic, and that there's there's a depth and an importance in hip hop to like being able to create energy and a vibe and like truly build these waves like Dipset and Cameron where able to do and so like I recognize that like a rapper's influence and sort of like the Lord that they're able to build around themselves. Is also their value as an artist.
Speaker 3: Right, And I mean there was just Andre doesn't have his version of like let me know, like.
Speaker 2: There's no anthems, there's no like forever quotables that he's sort of like kicking around.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: And it's also like it also feels like with Andre and maybe this is a testament to his art, You're like, no, you have to listen to the whole song. You don't know. I mean it's always like no, no, no, Happy Valentine's Day, that be wearing the thought things bits.
Speaker 2: No, it's just fun, life changing for me. The love below was still is in some ways. But I fully understand that, like I was maybe living in a in a little bubble at the time of like no true artistry instead of recognizing that like yeah, but that's not what the that's not what the culture is asking for. The culture is asking for like a way to for us all to see ourselves in Cameron and Dips that were I think closer to that than what he was putting out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was. It was. I mean I assume that I hear that there are still rappers like this now, but it was like those they were people were willing, people who had no affiliation to New York City or Harlem. Yeah, we're willing to die for that. Yeah, just dudes who just dressed like Juel's Santana at.
Speaker 2: The Aurora Mall. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like and then the the way that it influenced how we speak, like literally like dipset like pause is the product of of some you know, I mean a dipset era ass like movement that continues to this day. It's not like Cameron and Mace will chill out about it like they really do it. There's still any baby.
Speaker 3: And it was like at that time, Cam, I mean Peyton fully had just come out like he could really do anything.
Speaker 2: He was and he was a good actor in that movie.
Speaker 3: He was a great actor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think I can do anything else because he was just playing Cameron. But he was fucking great.
Speaker 3: He was he went crazy. It was just like at the it was. It was a hopeful movement. It was exciting. Everybody was a part of it. It was a fun time, which is weird because you hear I've heard that like what's his name, who's the vampire? H playboy CARDI I heard his fans are like that. I mean, I think there's always these rabid fan bases in hip hop that like, young men will die for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Cardi Cardi has a truly like fucking Sicka fan like ass fan base. But I don't, I don't. I can't do it.
Speaker 3: No, I can't anything like that anymore.
Speaker 2: I've likely tried with Cardi specifically, and I do not get it. And I know that that's just me being old and washed, and I just can't figure it out.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: It does seem like, I will say, this is the Dipse era versus like a Playboy Cardi situation. It does feel like at that point the culture was broader where it was like more for all ages. It wasn't such a select you know what I mean. I feel like Jay like Blueprint, Like let's say Blueprint because that's like that dropped nine to eleven. We were in high school. Blueprint was like I was listening to Jay Z. I was fourteen, he is what probably like thirty? Yeah, Jay started old. Yeah, So it was like to that credit, those movements were like and even even Cam and Jay. Maybe Cam's a little but those movements it seemed like they were a lot broader in scope than they are now. You know what I mean. Yes, Like I can't think of another person who dropped like that where it felt like everybody, I don't know, Kendrick good Kid, mat.
Speaker 6: City felt like everybody was on board with it. But it doesn't seem like it was that big. So what it felt like to be outside? All encompassing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it was, it was. It was really. I think all encompassing is a good word, even as the contrarian that I was, and it sounds like you were at the time. Unfortunately, Yeah, you could not avoid it. You could not sort of like wrestle with whatever was in front of us. So yeah, one hundred percent all encompassing is a great answer.
Speaker 3: And at some point you get sick of that guy at the party being like.
Speaker 2: No, you know what I mean. Yeah, it sucks because like it's not like my favorite rapper. Your favorite rapper was to lib at the time.
Speaker 3: It's not like, uh, here's the issue. Well, I was just gonna say, I don't think it was talib. I wanted it. I wanted that to be what it was.
Speaker 2: You wanted a knit cap with a brim.
Speaker 3: But for for a second or just like trying to be like no, I really love like water for chocolate and not like it's a terrible album. But did I play that more than get Richard Die Trying? Hell no, But that's what it's like, even.
Speaker 2: If you did. When you go to a party and there's baddies around, nobody wants to hear think of that, think of that, think that that.
Speaker 7: Come on, I see you, pep, come on, come on, that's not it. Go ahead and all hey ma, and let's let's get to business.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: It's a song I'm made teen and live a crazy life. That's what you thought.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, there's no way.
Speaker 3: It's interesting to hear what the idea that somebody's getting on it now though? And being you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't imagine discovering dipset right now.
Speaker 3: But maybe that's cool.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's just like a perfect type of nostalgia that you can just live in and celebrate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's exciting. And they got a Christmas album they were doing a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, damn, well should we finish his voicemail?
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's finish.
Speaker 4: It for me. She said that doctor Umar is a CIA agent running a reverse Ronald Reagan con on Black America and pretty much that he's not who he says he is. He has not built the Pan African School and the niggas just running around doing whatever he wants finding women on ig live. And that's a little bit.
Speaker 3: Of his true mm hmm.
Speaker 2: So it got off within that.
Speaker 3: I say, it doesn't have to be some reverse Reagan scheme for him to just be running around looking for women on IGI.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I think it could. I think it could truly just be that in some decent points being made.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I think he can be a scoundrel without being a CIA operative. And and I think the CIA has never spoken to doctor Umar once. That's that's my feeling is is they they know frankly that they can't control whatever that is well enough to empower it to like do their bidding, do you know what I mean? Like it's yeah, that's not how that works.
Speaker 3: And I think that a lot of times with someone who is position themselves is like a teacher or whatever, their humanity will take them out more than any government operation, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, it's just these people will be found to be flawed because they're people.
Speaker 2: I also think, not for nothing you And you know, there's plenty of the critique in Umar, but he does love black people. It's not like that dude is like actively working against us. I just think he loves himself and money obviously a lot more than anything. And and that's a different conversation, but I think Adams core this is a dude who deeply, deeply does care about the things that he claims to represent. He just doesn't care enough to to solve problems.
Speaker 3: Agree, agreed completely.
Speaker 6: I think I think a lot of times we try to do it, make it like a this or that situation, you know what I mean, Yeah, like like oh, he's he's either for the system or he's against it or whatever.
Speaker 3: And it's like, I don't know, man, It's just I think he's just a guy. But I do I do to your credit, yeah, your point, Yeah, I think he I think he truly loves I think he deeply cares and all that.
Speaker 2: I think, you know, yeah, just live and I think I think there's no world where doctor Umar goes into the CIA and lets a white man tell him what to do and how to do it.
Speaker 3: He now facts, I don't, I don't. I don't think that little of him that you know what I mean, I don't think that that that's like, that's that's a nasty thing. That's that's a nasty, nasty thing.
Speaker 2: I also think, not for nothing, I think if he were a CIA operative, he'd be bigger, like doctor Umar is is sort of like locally big, But I don't actually think that he's that big of a name in the global sense, and I think that he'd be closer to like what Candice Owens is, who does feel much more like a intentional plant on the part of like media. Certainly, I'm not gonna call it CIA because I think that's some of that branches in a more complex way than I know how to are. But I certainly think that there's a lot of people who are actively attempting to destroy communities that are being uplifted in a way that that feels false, whereas like a doctor Umar feels truly like he built it all on his own. That dude just built a ground swell of people who believed in his school or thought he was really really funny even as he's saying this ridiculous shit, and we just he's a reflection of our own sickness more than he is a bad dude who was planted on us.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I agreed. So you know, give doctor Rumar some space, is what I'm saying. Go ahead of all that, Go ahead, back that thing off of Vumar. Man, come on, he ain't got you all that. We are big fans over here. We've said it before. Doctor Umar is always welcome on the podcast. We've attempted to have him on the podcast, and it would have cost us more money than we we care to discuss online. But certainly, if we ever come up with that money, doctor Umar will be here and you'll know we are rich.
Speaker 3: Now. Yeah, probably probably one of the last five episodes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, use it or Lose it. Clause is gonna kick in and we're really gonna go crazy. Yeah yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 3: We got to spend the last of that budget before December thirty first. But yeah, man, I don't know. I loved it. Lumar Dimpsett was crazy to live. Also just a.
Speaker 2: Guy, just a guy who apparently acts up on Twitter. I was a teenager, I was a team. I was just looking for hope. My dad was five eight. I didn't know what to do. I get it. I was with you. I thought I thought that whole backpack era of hip hop was the ultimate salvation to everything. And I was wrong. Yeah, I now know I was wrong.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's okay, and it's just music. No rappers is gonna save this bro, no man.
Speaker 2: And that's that's what you figure out how to think as you get older, as you go, Oh, these are none of these are saviors.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, they work in the music industry.
Speaker 2: These are adult men who got attention too early in their lives and are really dealing with an odd type of arrested development. Good beats, good beats, good beats, killer outfits, nice rhymes. Shout out to the Beanie with the brim, Beanie with the brim baby.
Speaker 3: Did you ever have one? I never actually had one. No, it was I knew that was a mistake. It was just it couldn't it just it's just it was just not okay. You know, there was a lot I did. No, I knew that one was bad. Yeah, you know what I mean, Like, I knew that was a.
Speaker 2: Huge mistake. I stayed away from it.
Speaker 3: And this might be for another day. I just do want to put this out there and we can think about it. It didn't seem like at that age, smart people were wearing brown. Yeah, isn't that crazy? What was that?
Speaker 2: I think? I think you think about like what Common and most Death were doing, and it was a lot of like earth tones and sort of like knits, and I think that I think when you didn't have enough money to truly replicate the like crocheted sweaters that Common had on, You're like, well, what is the closest thing brown?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I just wear this padres t shirt.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think I just put on that. You know, I'm of the I of the essence.
Speaker 3: It's a tone from the ground. Baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Smart people with browne to this day. Do you want to tell the people where they can find you?
Speaker 3: Cool?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Man, cool guy jokes eighty seven, Instagram, Patreon, dot com, backslash David Borie. March first, I'll be at the Carco Theater in Renton, Washington. March fourteenth, i will be at the Comedy Commonwealth in Dayton, Kentucky. In March fifteenth, I will be at the Comedy Corner Underground in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, you can follow me at Langston Kerman on all social media platforms. You can see me March twenty seventh through the twenty ninth in Vermont at the Vermont Comedy Club. And you can send us your own drops, your own conspiracy theories. You could tell us what other colors smart people wear and send it all to my Mama pod at gmail dot com. We would love to hear from you. You can give us a call at A four four Love Moms. You can you can like, you can subscribe, you can review, you can buy some merch. You can blow us little kisses over the Internet and maybe blow us kisses in person someday, and you can go bye bitch.
Speaker 1: Motherfucking Mini ever Sew mini episode, motherfucking Mini ever Sew. Motherfucking Mini ever Sel Mini episode, motherfucking Mini ever Sel