Speaker 1: You're just so in your own zone that you didn't care about the other people.
Speaker 2: You can say a lot of things about me and I do. I can't see I don't care.
Speaker 1: Behind your back? Behind your back? Can I say I've been.
Speaker 2: Watching a lot of viola or viola?
Speaker 1: Davis's is it viola or viola? Do you try to get she goes by v because that's what it starts with, she can go by vie.
Speaker 2: I think it's I think anyway, I've been watching her just like you know, be the best like actress ever and watching her and now you think.
Speaker 1: She's the best actress ever.
Speaker 2: She's up there, man, she's a amazing Can I also just tell you something just before we dive into Fired Up, which is, by the way, great episode. Totally forgot about this episode. Never laughed so much. One of my most mom moments happened with my mom. She called me. She was like, darling, my mom's British dning. Do you know that Lemone might be moving? I said she was. I heard it on the podcast. I'm like, do you okay?
Speaker 1: Wait, mom?
Speaker 2: So you you learnt about Lamarn moving from when La Moren was talking to me about it on our podcast she was on listen every week. I was like, no, I why are you asking me? Do I know.
Speaker 1: It's a bowling A bowling ball just rolled over here on me.
Speaker 2: Well that's great because this is slapstick comedy right now, when we're talking about my mom donning do you know the moving I was like, how where do we begin with this one?
Speaker 1: Your mom? It turned out is as I'm kidding, as bright as CC is.
Speaker 2: She would take that. She'd be like, really, thank you so much. All right, let's dive in because there's so much to get through in this episode. Oh yeah, absolutely, so freaking good. So come on, write it down.
Speaker 1: Okay, So here, let me do this first.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, I just have to say right off the top. I know you we usually say it after, but I have to have It was directed by Steve Welch, which you guys, he was the editor of New Girl. So when you see like that really great, like you know, like wrap that happened during like Nick's cancer episode, or like wonderful, amazing things that have happened a lot of it always has to do with in the edit. And that was the genius of Steve Welch, and he got to direct this episode, which is so cool when an editor gets a direct because they know the shots, they know what they're looking for. They have a different insight and perspective and lens on things, which is why I think this episode is so funny because our editor got to direct, really got to get all the goods. And Sophia Lear wrote it, who's one of the funniest, kindest, most talented women out there. So such a good one. Okay, tell us about it a.
Speaker 1: Long oh yeah. But I'll also say on Steve Welsh front, you know, as an editor, you're right. He knows all the shots, all the angles, he knows exactly what he's gonna use in the edit it, and I respected him from start to finish. Jake Johnson, on the other hand, was like, I'm not listening to some du like. He couldn't give Jake acting notes. He wouldn't allow it. He was just like, Jake was like, dude, stick to editing.
Speaker 2: Why are you dragging us into this podcast war.
Speaker 1: No, there is no podcast war. This is two separate podcasts. I'm just speaking the truth because that's what this Because I love the fans so much, we do this episode, we do this podcast. I'm only speaking. They need to know the truth, they need to know the facts. So let's get into this episode, all right. Jake hates the fans, So Jess hires coach to be the coach of her school's volleyball team, but when she gets promoted to vice principal, her first task is to fire coach the coach. Meanwhile, Nick and Instant pretend to be lawyers from the make belief firm of Cooper, Bishop and Ferguson and represent Schmid in a personal injury lawsuit he's facing. Meanwhile, back at the bar, CEC has her eyes set on a nice young man with an accent named Buster.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, so much to say on that, by the way, so much backstory to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when we get to that, are you going down? You're about to get busted because of Buster? That is.
Speaker 2: All right. When we come back, we are gonna dive.
Speaker 1: It and we j hates the fans, so okay, so I love this part. Nick is waiting in the kitchen with a fly swatter, right, He's just just waiting for a fly, which I've done. I have one, and I the flies are never around when you need them, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Let me just say this about the fly swatters the best ones and the cruelest ones, because it's not a fair fight. Are the electric ones?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you don't lose that fight. But it's it's it's an unfair advantage in the man versus fly.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you get a fly so strong that it's electricity resistant.
Speaker 2: Comes up and slaps you.
Speaker 1: It goes and it'll play dead, it'll play possum.
Speaker 2: Turn into a superhero maybe.
Speaker 1: Oh no, it mutates when you're electrocuted. You electric It's like.
Speaker 2: The superhero thing that you're gonna do. Everybody's like, oh, Lamar's next up is to become like the next big superhero, like a Robert Downey junior thing. You could be fly Man.
Speaker 1: You mean the Fly from by Jeff Goldblum. That's already been done, Jeff already done superheroes The Fly. Jeff.
Speaker 2: All right. So then Jess lets the boys know she got coach a job at her school and and it's his first day and he is like not happy about it, doesn't want to go to the job, hates children, thinks this is going to be a terrible idea, but he needs the paycheck, so he's going to show.
Speaker 1: Up, that's right, and he does, and in coach fashion, he is aggressively screaming at these.
Speaker 2: Kids, which by the way, made me laugh so much because Damon has what nine twenty you know, he has.
Speaker 1: More than he has more than Nick Cannon. He has more than Nick Cannon.
Speaker 2: He has seventy children.
Speaker 1: Yeah, something like that. That bought be doing it anyway.
Speaker 2: And no one loves children more than Daman. He's just the absolute like best dad, he's the kindest uncle everything. And it was so funny to have him play like this scene where he's screaming and so.
Speaker 1: Mean, yes, keep running or out will murder your family. Yeah, that's fine.
Speaker 2: Crazy, that's so crazy, so dark, so perfect for her exactly.
Speaker 1: Now meanwhile, Schmid, you know, he had nowhere to put all of his stuff, you know, so he you know, he you know, they give him, they give him bit of advice and say, hey, let's move all of your furniture to the storefront that you bought or that you're renting out. And when they come when they go in, a dude walks in randomly and is like, hey, I want to buy that. But you know, he's like, it's not for sale.
Speaker 2: It's a storage unit.
Speaker 1: It's a storage unit. And Nick is like, you gotta do it, you gotta do it, you gotta do it. He does it. But the problem is the guy then goes and trips, just like Winston did earlier. And Winston's a great guy, is not gonna sue. But this guy, he's about to take him to court.
Speaker 2: And you're playing the piano very beautifully, I assume not for real.
Speaker 1: Thank you for saying so.
Speaker 2: That means a lot just banging around on there. And also, by the way, I will say this and I love this this choice by the show, the way he tripped felt like he wanted the lawsuit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know people who done that right.
Speaker 2: It was like the throwing themselves in front of like a parked car kind of situation. Oh so that I like that little setup in that choice. Didn't just genuinely fall and hurt himself. Right, we're already on like your jerk. We hope these guys can figure out how to get out of this lawsuit. I like that choice for our show.
Speaker 1: You know what, let me go back and rewind why I forget Nick. Nick didn't tell him to do it? Now, Nick told him not to do it.
Speaker 2: Okay, another one of your bits of just trying to make Jake Johnson responsible now for this thing happening in the show.
Speaker 1: No, no, I forgot he told him it was illegal. He told him was illegal. That's one.
Speaker 2: He's like, he tried to actually give him good advice. And then Schmid gets himself into a pickle because that's right, he's trying to sit there and now make money. And then the guy falls and now he's going to sue the business, but there is no business. It's just a shimitty exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Schmid tells him that he's not going to listen to to a guy who pronounces uh bounces the G in lasagna. Now just then, okay, so we've already moved past that. Now we're back at the teacher's lounge.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, Coach is actually loving the up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it fits him.
Speaker 2: He's digging it. And then, oh gosh, the biology teacher needs some tech support. So Jess helps him and then looks at him and says, you know, I can see your entire search history, right, and then he's like, I'm a biology teacher, it's already sir.
Speaker 1: Now Coach is curious. He's like I see you doing all this stuff. You're you're the tech support now. And she's like, oh, I do a lot of stuff to help around the school, mowing the lawn, cleaning off graffiti.
Speaker 2: She's trying to earn goodwill so that she hopefully gets chosen to be vice vice principal. I've just been trying to earn the goodwill. Also, by the way, what did she say, like, I love corn on the cob, but I don't go around like painting it on.
Speaker 1: Yeah okay, But Coach's advice is, you know, you can't just wait around. You gotta take it. Okay, you gotta you gotta go get the job that you want. And so in his metaphor, he you know, he's in front of a volleyball net and uh inn in typical jests fashion, she's getting aggressive, but she can't hit the ball over the net and she instead hits herself in the face with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he says, this is that moment with Damon when he's like, I will not laugh. Made me think like, if somebody gets hurt like trips and falls, you know, and gets hurt, is your nervous reaction to laugh?
Speaker 1: Yeah? No, it depends on how bad they get hurt.
Speaker 2: If it's like it depends on who or how bad they got hurt.
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean it's what the accident is. If somebody like falls downstairs, No, I'm not laughing. I'm gonna go try to make sure that person's okay. If somebody gets hit in the face of the volleyball, I am in tears.
Speaker 2: I'm not I don't laugh at all. I have such like mamma instignum. I'm like, oh my god, oh no, running over, are you okay? But I know a lot of people that have the nervous laughter thing, no matter what the situation or who it is. Their grandma could fall down the stairs and they're just like like they do a weird giggles squeaks out and it's so odd.
Speaker 1: Oh. When I laugh, it's not nervous laughter at all. It's intentionally I'm finger pointing. I'm going, you little stupid, You're.
Speaker 2: Going all the way back to the to the playground.
Speaker 1: Now. Meanwhile, we go back into the loft, and you know they come inside with Winston and uh and Schmidt, I believe. And I don't know why this line makes me laugh so much. When Winston says there is no justice for the hebrew Man, not in these United States. Winston's like, hey, man, I can't get enough of this legal drama that schmids in and the whole that's what this is what courtroom brown?
Speaker 2: Courtroom brown? And you know what, they're not wrong. That's an amazing nickname.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I loved also the little moment where he was like my name and Nick's like Winston and you like, don't react, don't react. He's like courtroom and.
Speaker 1: Then what.
Speaker 2: Grown men?
Speaker 1: Grown men?
Speaker 2: Yes, but okay, not a revelation, but okay, but you.
Speaker 1: Know he is still without a lawyer. You know, he's got to go to court. And Winston suggests that Nick should be Schmidt's lawyer. You know, he did pass the bar. You know something you don't forget. According to him, it's like riding a bike.
Speaker 2: I've never related to something more. I hate that expression. It's just like riding a bike. Yeah, because sure I can ride a bike, but if you put one like underneath me, now, like go go get on that bike and go ride around the block, I'd be like, well, just give me a couple of minutes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in a warm up. Oh but a warm up for real, Like how do I break again? Is this the kind of break with your feet or you get the handheld in private?
Speaker 2: Could I just like figure it out?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: By the way, fair, if it is like riding a bike, give him a minute to like familiarize himself with something isn't in a while? Yes, expression works if that's the takeaway from the expression. But if it's easy in child's play, this expression needs to be reworked. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Now. Nick is agreeing to be his lawyer, but he says only if he says please and has a retainer of five dollars. He tells him four. It's like you got a deal.
Speaker 2: Give me some skin. So funny this thank him being a lawyer, but also this negotiation. Okay, know this is one of the most awkward, funny moments in New Girl history. Jess marches in. She's now all fired up, and she says, uh, I want to be I want you to take advantage of me.
Speaker 1: She's like, I'm young, energetic, take advantage of me, take full advantage of me, and uh I love his response. He's like, ah, man, I'm really only into Asians right now. We've all been there, am I right?
Speaker 2: And then he explains his backstory, like where it all started. It's so bunny, and then she clarifies they both feel very weird. And then he's so excited. Who wants the vice principal job, the thankless jobs of being a VP? But she wants it. She's like, what a dream. Here you go and gives her all the files. Take a look at our finances. Let's start to figure out the school.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, And coach tries to dump gatorade in her or coach of aide, say coach of aide or something like that.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but I loved how it was. Damon. You can tell his improving is running out. He's like, it's only gonna get on your dress, on your face and your makeup in your hair. Oh gosh.
Speaker 1: Now the mock trial. The mockb so fun Nick Schmidt, Winston. They do a mock trial once they won't answer next questions and he's getting frustrated and Schmidt fires him on the spot and immediately Jake, give me another chance.
Speaker 2: So funny the way he says it too, it's so Jake versus Nick. That moment was like smulisious, so funny. Okay, this let's talk about it.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about the pedophilia drink.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. And this is with the absolutely crazy, talented, super funny Ben Falcone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's got great.
Speaker 2: Taste in women in real life Mary Timlis McCarthy. He plays this so funny to me that I can catch myself having to like, I kept like biting my tongue with the inside of my cheek because Ben was making me laugh. Hm hmm, so hard. So some fun facts is that I feel like they cast an Australian because of trent O'Donnell. Right, It was this thing about like the handsome guy or whatever, and so they cast an Australian. But Buster is Brett Bear's son's real name. He named a character after his kid, which a lot of writers and creators do. They put family names into the show. And Buster is his real son's name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then they and then they hired this guy and he happens to be a child. We're back to the character.
Speaker 2: Now, back to the character, back to the Aussie Buster.
Speaker 1: And I love that. I mean, let's just be honest, Ceci, this ain't okay, it's not okay, but you did it with a smile In her face.
Speaker 2: It's so weird. I remember it at the time. I remember this table reading and I was like, what's happening? And I didn't know. It was like from like a big back of like, well, a thirty year old, you know, guy dating a twenty year old girl happens. Nobody really blinks they should, but they don't.
Speaker 1: And yes they do. Really in this town, you gotta be over twenty one, that's the rule. And even then, even then, even then, even then, if you're like twenty two to twenty, between twenty two and twenty five at my age, you're like, yeah, but you're.
Speaker 2: In your forties. I'm talking about a thirty year old man. We were playing in our thirties right on this show, maybe even late twenties.
Speaker 1: No, on season three we were in our thirties right.
Speaker 2: But that's it. I feel like a young thirty year old man here in La dating a twenty year old girl. Not too many people would blink like I said they should.
Speaker 1: No, I'm here to tell you as a man, Yeah, people would blink. People would people would definitely make comments about it.
Speaker 2: It's weird. Don't do it, you, guys, it's weird. They're babies and the fact that we did it on the show, I was like, this is weird. He's a baby. I felt weird doing it in character. You can see my face where like there's i'man honest, like very little chemistry between me and this guy. Because in my brain, I'm like, it's a baby.
Speaker 1: Well, think about it this way. Hanah knows a baby, I know. And if if they wrote a storyline that Winston starts dating in underage Girl, because the whole point is that he's underage and he can't be in the bar. If Winston all of a sudden was like, well, I'm still gonna like see her out. I'm gonna forget your fake ID. I'm just gonna still go out and go on a date with you, it would be it wouldn't be able to get aired. It wouldn't be able to get aired.
Speaker 2: I just it would get aired.
Speaker 1: No, there's no way, because then the rest of the fans would turn on the Winston character.
Speaker 2: I feel like it would get aired. But because here's the thing, it's America, right, Educate me about your country. The only thing that's underage if you're not twenty one is drinking right. Everything else well, uh, well is your legal.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, okay, but you know, still.
Speaker 2: I agree with you, but I'm just saying nothing illegal is happening.
Speaker 1: So you'd be like, oh man, but it's weird to drink.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's tright. That's why she's like, you want to go get like a soda? She asked that. I was like, CC, girl, go talk to these writers that are writing this for you.
Speaker 1: There is always a.
Speaker 2: Way to go for a soda.
Speaker 1: It's not okay, Hannah. This has always been my motto. If she can't handle alcohol, you can't handle this.
Speaker 2: Bang.
Speaker 1: You can't handle it.
Speaker 2: Okay. So moving on, we are back at the school. What a rightway. We're back at school and they just says there's a big issue in the budget. They've got to make some big cuts and hi, mom, and Principal Foster says, well, look, you got it, then get rid of the most recent hire and that's coach.
Speaker 1: Coach.
Speaker 2: So Jess is absolutely devastated. It's not what she thought she was going to have to do, but it's part of the job. Now she's in a pickle, and so she goes to the gym to fire coach. At the exact moment, all of the students that have fallen so in love with coach are presenting him with a varsity jacket that reads coch coach.
Speaker 1: Coach, coach coach mmmmmm. And he leaves and he's crying, crying, and Damon's a Damon's a like method actor. He was actually crying.
Speaker 2: He can cry at a dime.
Speaker 1: He can't, he can't. Now. The next morning, obviously nobody want to talk to her, don't want to deal with this.
Speaker 2: No, I know, wait, you gave by the way, it was a real, real closed squint.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's either onions in an atmosphere, her.
Speaker 2: Face really placid.
Speaker 1: He just.
Speaker 2: You didn't even have like disdain on your face. It was just the squint. It was very impressive. It's hard to do.
Speaker 1: Because you get that. You get that, You get that from your mom when you act it up when as a kid and she just gives you the squint and you're.
Speaker 2: Like, oh no, there was more going on in the face.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get my beat.
Speaker 2: All of it would happen, just squint get bigger, though. You get the look for the look you gave her the squint.
Speaker 1: You know what. The squint also says something ain't right about you there's something else going on.
Speaker 2: I learned something today, right, I.
Speaker 1: See what this is this whole time. Yeah, that's what that is. And then uh Nick comes in and she's trying to get that she's trying to she's trying to get some advice. He's trying to, you know, have a talk with someone. And then you know, obviously Nick comes in and Nick tells just that uh Schmidt fired him, all right, and he'll never get to use his nineteen dollars briefcase study bought, you know what I mean, So ignore it completely, ignoring the fact that she just fired coach. Like he he doesn't know this yet because he's got his own problems going on. He's got his own thing going on.
Speaker 2: He got fired. She's firing someone. Yeah, they both need each other, they can see each other. This is a big moment of disconnect, which leads us into our next episode. But a big moment of disconnect. And then he does a very weird takeaway. You're right, no one can stop me, and he's off.
Speaker 1: That's right, He's going to go put on his power suit. Now we're we're we're in a mediation. Have you ever been in mediation? Is rough?
Speaker 2: I never have, have you? No, not really, Uh, you have no experience. We can tell you it's rough. I have.
Speaker 1: I have been a mediation before. You know, parental stuff, co parenting. You got to go through the mediation. So nobody actually gets everything that they want. And especially in this scenario when you got two idiots representing you, I.
Speaker 2: Will say, man, when he carried it off.
Speaker 1: He's the smart he's the smartest character, very smart.
Speaker 2: He came in there with the swag, bravado, fake it till you make it zero imposture syndrome, and just use comedy.
Speaker 1: Now, let me tell you something to disarm them. His joke whereas is that whether it's in the office or at the meeting, it's all Billable. Yep, that's how they think it's true. That's how they think. Stay out of court, you guys. They're just trying to take your money.
Speaker 2: It's not a jail seat of court. Life advice for about static court.
Speaker 1: And then Nick obviously is not good at it. He asked them if they should get into it or just take their pants off, and nobody laughs because they don't get it. I love his line of questioning, though, his line of questioning, he just says, so, what is uh your home address? Did? He tells her? He goes no further questions, Oh my gosh, where we were back at the bar?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and and coach Coach and jack Us are getting drunk and crying and sad. He said that he can't work with the kids anymore. She said that she had to fire them. Then they're talking about how much they love the kids, and they're spiraling and bonding and connecting over it because he's missing the game. He's coached them for this big game. He's missing the game. And then all of a sudden, with some liquid courage, they're like, forget it, let's go. We're going to the game.
Speaker 1: Were gon't do it, We're gonna make it happen.
Speaker 2: Also, the things that they say about these children during this ramble is some of the meanest stuff I've ever heard said about kids. But their delivery is that they love the kids so much, and it is hysterical.
Speaker 1: Pasadena is a bunch of bitch.
Speaker 2: Crazy did get Pasadena? Sorry, Pasadena, We love you Pasadena crazy. Then this okay, the cutback to this stenographer reading almost out of pocket insane thing, but then ends at the end of what she's reading is Look, I'm gonna buy some time or something. I'm gonna ask her to read back. Oh, she caught all the stuff that they had said under their breath, and now she's read out loud to the room. Classic Nick Miller, just his own undoing.
Speaker 1: Oh wow. Now the plaintive say, the place's attorney says that you know what, we will settle for a twenty thousand dollar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he says, you're not real lawyers. This is a joke. We want twenty grand and that's it. You have no legs to stand on. And then they kind of scuffle. They go out in the hall Schmidt and Nick, and Nick says this is all part of a plan. You got to trust me.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. And then they go inside. Actually, but you know what, let's just pause there on the plan. Let's skip on over to the volleyball game. Yeah, we're a coach. I mean, they're getting smoked. These kids are so bad, Like they're just the most uncoordinated little assholes that you've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Do you coach children's sports? Because you sound like it.
Speaker 1: No, I refuse, I refuse. I know how bad I am at certain sports. I don't want no part of that, I can I can sit there and tell a kid you gotta do this. I can't. I could never do it. So I'm hoping Lily, like, I hope she likes sports, but I hope that's another dad or another mom who's like, I'll coach.
Speaker 2: I'll be like, thank you, just say I'll bring the snacks.
Speaker 1: That's all you have to do all day, kidding me, orange slices, come on, bud light, I'll bring it. Don't matter, don't matter but light. But and because what well weed is medicinal, right, it helps heal.
Speaker 2: Uh, I'm gonna find something else for you to do sports.
Speaker 1: Okay. So they're at the volleyball game. Coach comes in, they're getting smoked, grabs the whistle and just starts barking orders at him. He's going, he's going, he's amping them up and it is working now. Meanwhile, Jess tells Principal Foster that she is going to VP the way she wants to do it, because he's sitting over there looking like what is coach doing here? And she's like, yeah, we're gonna figure it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, other budget cuts, we can figure out other ways to make money and to save money and now she wants to think outside of the box and show her true skills and save coaches job. It's a very awesome moment, and the team scores a point. That's right, and everybody starts celebrating.
Speaker 1: Like what a bunch of losers. No, I'm kidding. It's all about participation. We know nobody cares really good at everybody give me a jam.
Speaker 2: So now we are back. We're back in this mediation room. Nick delivers a speech standing and then he gives Schmid some loose screws. Then he does the biggest pratfall ever.
Speaker 1: Justin Long would be proud.
Speaker 2: So proud Genslinger would be like.
Speaker 1: John Rid Oh yeah, and he falls. He claims negligence while grabbing his neck. He tells the other lawyers that he is gonna file petition after petition, overloading them with paperwork and uh and they kind of cave and as he walks out, he can't well. Well, first he tells them to pay the fee. He tells them to pay very smart though.
Speaker 2: Basically he's like, I'm just going to be a nuisance. This will never end. I will dedicate my life. I've got nothing but time and one case I will be your living nightmare, or you guys, as a law for firm, absorb this cost, pay your client, and I go away today. I don't know that would really work, but not a terrible plan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you don't feel like dealing with it, you know what I mean, Like if you don't feel like because at the end, if he does, indeed, when they get they don't, he doesn't get to pay their fees. Yeah. I think that's how all works, and it's only going to cost him a lot. Anyway. I love the fact that when they leave Winston Handsome his business cards ye play in the big leagues. Turns out it's just a baseball card that's pretty.
Speaker 2: Good, strong, open, strong clothes for Winston.
Speaker 1: I gotta say, not the bar then this.
Speaker 2: Weird tag it's I mean, it's so where CC is going to go out with a baby and the guys ras her as they should.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as they should. You know, it's it's weird. It's so weird that again, I don't know how to I don't know what to say about it other than I'm troubled. I don't want to continue down this journey of encouraging.
Speaker 2: Your I would like to say for the record, I've never dated anyone younger than me or weirdly older than me. I've always stayed in the age appropriate bucket. Well, just a animal.
Speaker 1: Well, you played it too well. You played it really.
Speaker 2: Well, so I think you could see my awkwardness in the summer. But it was actually a very cute. End of this episode, Nick walks back into law. He finds just passed out, covered in paperwork. She's wearing a velvet rabbit hat. I don't know if you saw that.
Speaker 1: Yes, I was like that money, and then.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, is he going to be bummed because he's won his case and she's sleeping. But he loves her so much, and he all he says is real sweet.
Speaker 1: He holds her hand and lays down next to her. That was special. Let's go to a commercial break so we can keep thinking about how special that moment. And we are Jk's the fans. So let's go ahead, and let's go ahead and mess around a little bit here, shall we? Oh?
Speaker 2: Mine?
Speaker 1: Uh, have you guys ever represented yourself in court or small claims court? Why? And how did it go?
Speaker 2: Oh? Can I say something really quick about this short answer? No? But my favorite TV show for a very long time Daily viewer Daily It's People's Court. I've seen all the judges. There's been like nine judges on that show over the years. Okay, I've seen them all. I have my favorites. I won't say it aloud who my favorites were. But I sat there and watched like Civil Court in America for many years, Daily loved People's Court. And I just have to say, if someone wasn't like a fender bender, little pickle, no real injuries, oh I'm not a bad person to call.
Speaker 1: Oh so because of your TV.
Speaker 2: Experience, because of my TV experience.
Speaker 1: Well, I gotta say I wouldn't. You wouldn't be my first call her. I call her real lawyer, one of those people you see on a billboard or a bus stop.
Speaker 2: I did apply to law school and did not get it. I would I should say that all.
Speaker 1: About Oh boy, no g ed in a law school.
Speaker 2: I have two degrees. I just didn't get into law school.
Speaker 1: Sure sure, uh uh so I have. I've been the small claims court when I was very young. My first apartment, me and a couple buddies. They were trying to keep our security deposit. I want to say that was the case, and we needed that money back, and and the issues with the house that were issues were not really our problem. It was their problem for not being great landlords. All kinds of stuff that happened, and we took him to court and we won.
Speaker 2: Get out mean one, mean one impressive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that it's fun. But yeah, besides that, No, I am taking Jake Johnson to small claims court. That is a real thing. That is a real thing. Well, we can discuss it later. But you know the lobster, No, it's not over the lot. Why are you bringing up evidence that you don't need. Don't don't do that. Don't bring up ship that's gonna cost me in court.
Speaker 2: So I thought, well, I was gonna say that his treatment of your gift, I thought you were suing him.
Speaker 1: No, not for that, it's for other stuff. And it's deep and it's truggling. Have you been fired? Have you ever had to fire a friend from a job. If so, what's the best way to do that. I've never been a boss of anybody like that. I don't think.
Speaker 2: No, I've never had to fire anybody. I'd be terrible at it. I'd be like Jess, I'd be like, what other things can we do to make sure that, like you stay in this job. I would be terrible at it if I.
Speaker 1: Had to fire Nanny's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had that go not great, not great.
Speaker 1: It's it's you know, then I getting along my daughter. You know, it's toddlers don't get along with a lot of people. You know what I'm saying, But like this one in particular, Uh, I'll just fire to Nanny's one of which did the ultimate no no. And it's my thing is if you're taking my daughter to the park, yeah, if you're taking there anywhere out of this house, yeah, put your locations.
Speaker 2: On on your phone for sure.
Speaker 1: Turn that on. And when I FaceTime answer for call answer.
Speaker 2: Is that optional?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah? And she knew this.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then one time she leaves and I go, like five minutes five minutes after they leave the house, she says she's going to the park. I'm getting some work Done'm just literally on a zoom or something like this, and I keep checking the phone to see her location and it's not on, and I'm like, what the hell. So then I'm like, hey, guys, I hold one second and I go call her. She doesn't answer FaceTime. She doesn't answer. An hour goes by, and I lost it, Like I was, you have no idea, You have no idea. When she got back to my house, it was like it was all hell broke loose. And she was just like, what, I'm sorry, I forgot I just you know, I didn't I left my phone in the car. I was he and it's just and and I was like, my sister was like, you gonna have to I'm gonna need you to go on the other room and I'll handle it.
Speaker 2: You know what's hard though, here's the thing, and your sister was right to do that because it was apparent when moments like that happen, you are not in your right mind. It's all visceral. It's primal, right, it's ancestral, like your bones are, like somebody took my child. Doesn't matter if it's rational or not. You can't rationalize with somebody when something primitive is happening in your body. Yeah, it's it's you're you're you're not in the right space.
Speaker 1: Right And so yeah, so I had to I had to fire her. Yeah, uh, do you both plan on coaching your children in sports? We talked about this.
Speaker 2: We did talk about it. You're in now and we thought snacks. I also don't know if this is going to be your.
Speaker 1: You're not going to give them drugs.
Speaker 2: You know what you should do? You should be the guy organized like the trans pope, get like a.
Speaker 1: Cool like, oh yeah, I get a sprinter van, get like a ya.
Speaker 2: Right, maybe this is the vibe that's cool.
Speaker 1: You feel that spreader van with like orange slices marijuana.
Speaker 2: Okay, someone else's next next? Fired up you guys? What a funny episode? Honestly, yeah, anytime the three of you guys are locked in a room together trying to get away with something, it is comedy gold. The just Coach storyline is great and funny, my more heartwarming, let's just be real. The ccbuster one is weird. Ben Falcone though, came in and was so committed it's made it hysterical. But the three of you guys doing this legal drama one of the funniest things. Completely forgot about this episode. What a fun were you watching?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, thank you guys, Thank y'all for listening. We really really appreciate it. Dope shirt, you're rocking there, Hannah. As always, please make sure you follow us on IG at the mess Around Pod. You got questions, you got videos, you got anything you want to show us, say to us or concerns. The mess Around Pod at gmail dot com is available for you. We'll be back next week episode three twenty Mars Lending.
Speaker 2: I would also like to say the week after that, mark your calendars. I want to see you setting out those invites from your calendars because three twenty one Big News Max Greenfield will be joining us for the episode.
Speaker 1: That's right, bap peace.
Speaker 2: That was the mess Around in iHeartMedia Production.
Speaker 1: Our executive producer is Joel Monique. Our senior producer is Abu Zafar. Bei Wang provided engineering and editing services.
Speaker 2: Additional production from Daniel Goodman, Wendy Heisler, and Kyle Shevron. Our theme song was written and composed by Ronald Jukebox Jackson.
Speaker 1: Catch you next time.
Speaker 2: Bye,