Speaker 1: Today's episode the Command Center Podcast, we're talking the art of the offense. What is the next evolution of this Cliff Kingsbury offense.
Speaker 2: We talked about that today.
Speaker 1: What is the role for Jayden and Debo and how do they help the offense grow? And can we still be the best team on fourth down in NFL history?
Speaker 3: You bet? We can't bet you.
Speaker 2: Right then, we got the Great American Bakeoff? Whom round to be an American? After this bakeoff, I'll tell you that right now? It all starts right now. Welcome to the Command Center Podcast.
Speaker 1: I'm Logan Paulson here with Santana Moss and Fred Smoot and Happy fourth of July. A couple of days on the road, but we're not going to see it till after, So happy fourth of July.
Speaker 3: Fred.
Speaker 1: I am ass Tannah, but I think I think Tanna's is going to be a little bit more subdued. Let's start with Fred. Fourth of July plans. Yes, anything on the dock end.
Speaker 4: I think I'm going to head down to New Oilers and enjoy the Essence Festival as always. N What I'm saying is on the fourth of July. You know it's no better place to be the new Oil. Last year, I did go last So this why I got to go this year. With the heat going on. New Orleans got the best food in America. Dare anybody that challenged me on that one?
Speaker 2: Right there?
Speaker 3: Then I get to go to all the concerts that I want to go to. I might be in there parts of the bees and it no matter what I'm gonna be it.
Speaker 4: All I'm saying is I'm gonna be in New Orleans. What about you, Logan, where are you gonna be?
Speaker 2: I'm probably gonna be up up in Cape Cod. I've been sam Tucket.
Speaker 3: Take Cod's vacation to you. It's so it's so funny to me how you like I'm going to vacation. But I'm going north.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's some nice beaches up there. Now, nice run It's time here, right, big sharks. Sure, I'll tell you nice beaches, Big Sharks.
Speaker 5: Tell what about you for? I probably be in Miami with the kids. You know, I normally we used to do it big when I was playing big for the July party. I'm always doing I always buy like five thousand worth of fireworks and like to block.
Speaker 4: Up just say five thousand just a Toyota for the fireworks.
Speaker 3: So, I mean yeah, so, I mean my kids look forward to.
Speaker 2: So is that like a truck full of fireworks.
Speaker 5: Your whole You might not even con fit in the car? Yeah, like it normally be just like riding on the wheelwell, coming home. What it's like about.
Speaker 3: I can see twna with a light in his hands.
Speaker 2: You got someone else?
Speaker 5: Well before I used to do it because it was fun for me. Now I'm the older guy, like, huh, save you.
Speaker 3: I don't like that. Make sure you run back quick. I can see him lighting and taking out taking.
Speaker 2: Out running a fireworks not illegal in Florida, I mean yeah, guess Florida.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna say, like that sound fireworks?
Speaker 2: Illgal.
Speaker 3: So that's when I grew up.
Speaker 2: I grew up in l A. So fireworks because there's some worry about wildfires, oh.
Speaker 5: Man, because it's so dry, y'all never have fireworks.
Speaker 2: I mean, people will do it, but like they are very like they have helicopters.
Speaker 3: Out they do it on the water and stuff.
Speaker 5: They will, but like probably best to do it on the water, getting it away from.
Speaker 1: But they get so freaked out about the fires helicopters patrolling, they'll come.
Speaker 3: To that, yeah, because I never thought talk about it about those.
Speaker 1: Fires just happened, man like, like that's like one little spark the whole, you know what I mean. Like it's crazy out there, Like I remember.
Speaker 3: Going that everywhere in California, or is just in California winter it is.
Speaker 1: It is more damp usually, but again they've had a couple of dry seasons and big fires up there too, so yeah, it's it's time. I remember doing this is a little side here, but I remember having practice in high school and being outside and it's like it looks like it's raining outside. It's perfectly blacked out, but and it's raining ash Like you'd be outside and it looks like it's snowing, it would be ash yeah, from fire from a fire.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: See that's why I chose not to ever live in California. I like green states, Like I like my water to be in abundance. By the way, congratulations of California and Nevada, like meat is fool like had Yeah, I had a record rainfall down there.
Speaker 3: Congratulations like this, dude, No, I like normal. I like water to be abundant.
Speaker 2: Like it like it is like it's raining all.
Speaker 4: Just like I went to wind Chester the other day, and when you look at the mountains on the East coast, they are green mounts.
Speaker 3: They are covered with trees, covered with vegetation.
Speaker 4: You look at West Coast mountains, they got pure rock, dry without greenery.
Speaker 3: So I'm about the greenery.
Speaker 1: I wants to get more elevation. Anyway, that we're getting sidetracked. But yeah, so fourth of July, be safe, have fun. We're gonna have a good time friends obviously time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, barbecue it works, man, listen, I love some good barbecue.
Speaker 3: Do you cook her?
Speaker 2: Do you have some else? Cook?
Speaker 3: No? I cook? Come on, man, I get down and dirty.
Speaker 2: And the speaking of cook rd, we've got to I cannot wait.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we got Anna coming back to defend her crown and the bakeoff, the American.
Speaker 3: Bakeoff, and I take you down twice, that's all.
Speaker 4: This would be the third time you lost her consecutive. The second time I lost to her. I told you what happened. It was because of Jack Dans.
Speaker 2: But you lost I mean Jack, I I respect because that's why I'm said her.
Speaker 3: Give Jack Dames a big up. But now you now you blame me. I got to blame he took me down. No I have. I have set up some dishes today to take Anna down.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, well she she was very confident.
Speaker 4: You ready guess what confidence is needed by all people.
Speaker 1: It's so funny, like the animosity, like I always think of baking as this wholesome thing. When the kids, your grandmother and I come in and Zach, Shelby and Anna are at Fred's head talking about this bakeup.
Speaker 5: You know Fred Fred called that because Fred doesn't let it day go by without getting on them about something. We don't even see Zach no more because of what him and Zach Donna went through the bakeoffs. So you heard like at one point I got to the point like, hey that work.
Speaker 3: Did you just say screw this?
Speaker 1: I will say the Zach's credit that he came in today and was like, hey, I want to do banana pudding, which is Fred's signature dish.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hell, hey, hi, you know what?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: He was like big Zach Salby, he's been working out in shape.
Speaker 3: But you remind me of Vanda holy Field when Tyson bid.
Speaker 5: So you mean he actually won, but he lost.
Speaker 3: I speach your out right on the draft. This out this one all right, Zach Sam.
Speaker 2: So that's coming up in a little bit, so let's make sure we stay tuned for that. Now.
Speaker 1: I gotta do a little bit of administrative working. We got our mekea mail bag coming up right. If you've got questions we want to answer, and make sure you send them to that hawk out side at Gmail.
Speaker 2: That's all one work, is this email address.
Speaker 1: And then we got the hail Tails podcast coming out soon. They got the body Bag game on there, they got vincelim Barney, they got the Monday Night Miracle.
Speaker 3: I think they need to do air of tales about me. You said it every time. Well, why won't they do one? Dan?
Speaker 2: What I mean?
Speaker 3: I guess?
Speaker 1: I mean, but Hannah, do one about Fred? Jason is not Jason just said, what will we do it about?
Speaker 3: We can do about his draft. We can do it while he failed in it.
Speaker 4: You're doing about just pieces and bits of information about the pah. Yeah, you're doing about all the players I'm connected to doing about the teammates.
Speaker 3: And how about you doing to the fact that I called coach gils Back. I knew I knew that was gonna knew it.
Speaker 6: I knew it Fred has Okay for those of you, yeah, it should be it should be about calling them give us a comeback, and also called and gifts so you could come back.
Speaker 4: I don't like.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Jason, you have to like.
Speaker 5: We can do a perfect Hall's Tale. We can go down and down two years worth.
Speaker 4: The last.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, spilling water.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so Hails to Help Hail Tales. Ye love that show and it does a great job. Jason also produces that one. It's in your podcasts. If you're subscribed to the Command Center you podcast network, you will get that show. So just keeping out for it. If you're a fan of this team, you're a fan of the history of this team, that's a great podcast for you. Now, the most important thing every time we do this announcements are you guys are gonna buy tickets the game.
Speaker 2: You're gonna go to the game?
Speaker 1: You right there, yeah, this right this way, right there, this way, use this QR code right here in the court, and you get their tickets.
Speaker 2: It helps us, it helps us.
Speaker 5: He just did it last show and forgotten that quickly. Just remember you pointed on that set.
Speaker 3: Look at my hand.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at the other what's going on.
Speaker 1: So use the QR code to buy your tickets. It helps us out tremendously. Once you've bought them, tell your friends about them. It doesn't matter. Just buy through this QR code. That'll really help us out.
Speaker 4: They mean, put your phone with the camera the TV oh man sitting on the couch right there, point it right there and buy that ticket.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 1: Yes, LINCA is also in the description if you feel more comfortable with that. But yeah, please make sure you do that all right now. If you want to keep up with all the latest RFK stadium mused, visit the Commanders dot com. Visit Commanders dot com backslash new Stadium where you can sign up to learn more and show your support. You know, people want to know do we really want this? Is this going to happen? I think you want it. I want it. Let's show ownership that this is the thing that we want as fans.
Speaker 2: Let's make that thing happen.
Speaker 1: So is it Commanders dot com backslash new Stadium to make that thing happens?
Speaker 3: Was that always the name of that signal?
Speaker 4: Because do you remember when when when hashtag used to be name pound? That is true, that is true and to it rebranded itself to Hanshtag and change his whole life. That's one of the biggest rebrands of all town. We never used the packers.
Speaker 2: What did you read that? No, you didn't come up with that.
Speaker 3: The Pound was on the on the phone.
Speaker 4: That was his only job for just a pound, and we never pushed it called pound. Guess what next time I seat, He's like, no, my name hashtag and I'm.
Speaker 7: Like, what, like, we can change your name hasstag. I didn't know that the Internet. He got a new job at the Internet. His name you to show me.
Speaker 3: I'm being honest, all right.
Speaker 2: The best rebrand of all that Mega mail bag.
Speaker 3: What'd you say? Letting j talk?
Speaker 8: It was always slash.
Speaker 2: It was always slash.
Speaker 1: Slash, so the slash so back okay, yeah, so slashes the other way. But whatever it's okay, is new. Yeah, but it used to be Mike. You're not talking to Mike, you know.
Speaker 3: That, right? Yeah, But it used to be named pound and it used to be his job.
Speaker 1: Nothing okay, backslash slash good Pound Good, Mega bail Bag, Heal Tales podcast. Get your tickets and stadium news. Go to Commanders dot com. Slash new Stadium.
Speaker 2: All right, now let's get into something that I'm excited to talk about. Talk about the defense last episode whatever it's.
Speaker 4: That sounds about right with these officsive GUIDs, listen, outfits. Is needed, appreciated and it's sexy defense.
Speaker 2: It's it's appreciated. It's the thing.
Speaker 3: We can win a game and we go out there. Now we can score it too.
Speaker 5: It's not we're not it's not likely you can stop a few school it's not likely.
Speaker 1: So we're talking the art of offense. And so I think we're gonna start just kind of explaining Cliff Cliff Kingsbury's man. I got a little Fred going on Cliff Kingsbury's system and like his philosophy on the offense, and so I guess I'll like get up here and start it out real quick.
Speaker 2: So everyone thinks, oh, Cliff's an arraid guy. Nice. I will tell you right now.
Speaker 3: I know he's that.
Speaker 1: There are elements of air raid. But there are elements of air raid in every offense, in the.
Speaker 3: Least say elements of everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So what I would say is like, so think of air raids like, oh, we're gonna spread you out, We're going to try and find matchups. We're going to try and get your worst coverage player on a good route runner. To me, that's just good football. That's just good football philosophy. And so he has now applied that principle, which is just good offense to the entire thing. So they were in twelve personnel bunch last year, which is two tight ends, which is not a thing in the air raid. They were in thirteen a bunch last that year. They were in twenty one, which is two backs a lot last year. So I know people say air raid, I see a guy. Honestly, quite frankly, that is more similar to what Kyle does to what Sean does in terms of offensive philosophy. So it's like, we're going to try to find ways based on formation to present similar looks and run similar plays off those looks. We're gonna mess with our spacing and our splits to make it hard for you to cover the horizontal grass on the field and create good throwing windows just based on alignment, and then we're gonna have a very diverse, creative run game where we're gonna have one or two runs that we really like, and then we're gonna have a bunch of things to insulate those runs.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So I think at its basis, that's kind of what it is. It's just a good offensive football.
Speaker 3: I think it's similar to this.
Speaker 4: If I'm free from Toyota and I say a Toyota's and I moved to another company and say a cars, You're still gonna look at me as free from Toyota.
Speaker 3: You'll never just say I'm a car sales This.
Speaker 2: This is a weird analogy, but I like what you're going with. Keep going.
Speaker 4: You won't generally just say I say a car. You're gonna say I say a Pacific car. But I'm like, no, I work for Dodge. Now you won't just say no, you got no. And I think that's what he gets, right, because I've been known as this this air raid guy my whole life. Like when I do say I'm gonna miss these things together, y'all still just say.
Speaker 3: I work for Toyota.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like when people are like, oh, like Sean McVay, Kyle Shanahan, and Mike McDaniels are all West Coast guys. That's true, but they all they all got their own it looks different. Right, It's like they've created their own vein.
Speaker 4: Because McDaniels is more motion to me, where McVeigh likes to run, he is out of the formation that exists, right, He likes to run downhill a little bit more. McDaniel's more perimeter. Kyle again, was the guy looks more.
Speaker 3: Like McConnell and in Minnesota to me is more spread.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, but there are principles that you can see. And I think like that's why I say like there are spread principles here. There are principles. Yeah, but I'd say on the whole, you're looking at offense, that's an NFL office.
Speaker 3: You're looking at a guy too.
Speaker 5: Also, you know, Fred pointed it out well by talking about just what they gonna always know you as from where you come from. You look at his offense, he still has some of those similarities of an a ra, but he has more of a bat He has more of a balance approach, like he runs the ball way more than people give him, you see. And we talked about that at NASEN when we brought him in last year. That's all we talked about before we watched these guys play. I don't forget about what he did over there in Arizona run game, he stood out. So I think he has some of the similarities of what we saw. But I think also when you look at the difference down of play from quarterback, it changes he had. He knows how to doubt, he knows how to adapt to who he has as QB. And that's what stands out the most about him. He's he has adaptability to say, Okay, this is what I have at quarterback and we could do.
Speaker 3: More of this. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: And I think, Tanna, I'm so glad you brought that up because, like the next question on here is like strength and weaknesses of this style, right of his style, and Tanna, you hit the nail on the head, like his style is reflective of the personnel who the quarterback is. And so last year, quarterback was a big factor. Offensive line was a big factory. Skips and guys were a big factor. So if you look at last year's offense, to me, I think you saw an offense that ran the ball, ran the ball with the quarterback very effectively and as a way to insulate their runs, had a lot of RPO so run pass option, and a lot of quick game that was kind of the foundational skeleton of the offense until you push you downfield, until you push it down the field right, And so that that was the backbone of it. And when you look at those that style of offense, it's very low average death of target, can't get the ball vertically. It kind of puts a ceiling on what you can be and I think that's that is a weakness, but they did it so well it became a strength. And I do think that's something that when we get into things that have to change, that'll have to change. But to me, that's not reflective of King of Cliff's system. That's a reflection of who they had available personnel. This was all personnel base.
Speaker 4: Like he go to think about a coordinator, I am no matter what my vision is and what my type of scheme is, I am a prisoner to the talent that I have. I have to do things accordingly. And if you look at this offense, we reinforced the offensive life, We added to the backfield, we added to the wide receiving corps. The quarterback is a year older, he won't have those deficiencies that he had last year. He will be able to call this year, to me, we gonna really see what his offense he wants it.
Speaker 3: To look like.
Speaker 4: Like I think this year he gonna say I got to lift tackle that I don't need to keep a tighty for. I got this, I got this, I understand now. Now I can call whatever play I want in a situation. He didn't have that last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I think even if you go back to air raid, like one of the things that you want to do an air raid is get as many eligibles out as you can.
Speaker 2: You want to get him out. You want to stress the defense, you want to find matchups.
Speaker 1: Last year he couldn't do that right, And I think he was acutely aware, and I think really quite honestly a masterclass. And now to inslet your offensive line, yeah, like we're going to run the football when we aren't drop back situations. We're going to have chip plans, we're gonna have slide plans to make sure that they're not having to.
Speaker 2: Do all that thing, which again limits the offensive scope.
Speaker 1: So if I was going to be critical, I'd say, oh, I wish he would have got more eligibles into the route.
Speaker 2: But that's not that's him.
Speaker 1: Coaching around talent, Yeah, a talent right like, and I think that offensive line last year played well.
Speaker 2: I think they were helped by the way he called games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so this year I expect that to be different because I think you can put those guys in more of an island type situation, yeah, and find better matchups.
Speaker 4: No, And I think he's going to take him to the peak of his play call. And it also takes JD five to a whole another level because now where we was hesitant to pass the ball last year, now we're gonna be full fledgs. Just go get it done.
Speaker 5: And especially to being a year two of it, I mean, everybody gets the chance to now come in with a little more seasoning when it comes offense. You know, you got guys not thinking thinking less, and then you have you have you have guys that's familiar with what you have at QB and knowing that. Okay, offensive line wise, well, I mean they did a tremendous job at it last year, but they just know how to protect them.
Speaker 3: How long I need to be with it.
Speaker 5: He's getting the bough at his hand quicker than some of the best thumb in this league. So you know, I mean this guy getting this thing out. So we just got to do our job because the ball gonna get he get rid of the football fast and so like.
Speaker 1: Again, even like with some of these restrictions, like they were excellent. There were seventh in the NFL in total offense. They are three and sixty nine yards per game. They were third in the NFL in rushing with one hundred and fifty four yards per game. Again, a lot of that's driven by Jaydon Davis or what he does, but I think that's it shows it's fat of a team, shows a reflection. Right fifth in the NFL. And points per game. Again, you got to score points as an offense and first the NFL on fourth down. So I look at those metrics and I say, man, a lot of that seems repeatable. But like much like we talked about with the defense, one of the things that I think is excellent about this is that they have taken steps to ensure against the regression. And so I know, I say regression a lot. So think about go back to your stats class. You got all these data points clustered up. You know, we're like a belch, a belt bell or what does that think with the parabola inverted bell or whatever that's called belt. Right, you get all that kind of stuff in the middle, right, and then you get the outliers, right, and so right now, a lot of this stuff in the offense is outlier.
Speaker 2: They were really good. They were third, they were fourth, they were first and fourth down conversion. So a lot of that stuff is going to regress to the mean, regress to the average. So how do we protect that stuff?
Speaker 1: Shoot, we go get better on the offensive line, right, and so we make sure that we do remain third in rushing rushing yards for name, right, because now instead of having to run the football a ton, get super creative with the scheme. Now we got a bunch of guys that can win.
Speaker 4: One on once and we don't have to lean on a quarterback for the rush of yours. Now you reinforce the line to running back and take that out of him. And that's more effective when you run with the running back instead of the quarterback.
Speaker 1: And again, one of the things last year I thought Cliff did a like quite literally a masterful job of was making sure they were not in third long. So, hey, if it's first, and if it's second and ten, like, what's my call to get me to and four, and Jane did a great job making decisions, but Cliff did an excellent job managing that. And so not only does that help you on third down conversion percentage, which they were third in the NFL, but also helps you on fourth down conversion percentage. Right, So I look at this and I say, like, he did a great job calling that, But if we can be better rushing the ball on first down and we're in third and seven, now that third and seven or that second and seven can be a shot play, you'll be a down the field extension, right, and we can rely on Jane Danis makeup. But that all stems from making good additions on the offensive line.
Speaker 4: I think the only person they might take a regression back.
Speaker 3: And this has nothing to do with talent.
Speaker 4: It has to do with opportunity and the fact that we got a better officers line and we might run the ball a little bit more. We depended on Zach kertz Oh last year. You know how many times he built us out of trouble.
Speaker 2: We looked at this up a couple of days ago.
Speaker 1: He for twenty four in the postseason, but other sixty six catches in the season. So the postseason were different animals. Of his sixty six catches, forty three of them were for first hours down. That's what I'm telling that's crazy.
Speaker 3: But you catch half of those balls, he's great.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you got the thing too, I mean, and I mean, I'm talking to a tight end former tight end. You guys are known to be the safety net for any quarterback, whether he's a young quarterback or old. So when Jayden realized what he had in him, because it took time, and Jayden felled everybody out, he was giving the ball around to any and everybody. And then so you give a lot of credit to Cliff because he made things easier with the slip screens and.
Speaker 3: Just putting guys and situations where I ain't got him.
Speaker 5: Act jating to go out there and stretch the ball or get rid of this ball downfield when I can't, just put it in the playmaker's hand and let him, you know, do things with it. When you notice that, man, I got a guy that's still capable of getting open, putting his foot in the ground and having separation, that's when everything took off. And it was round week two when you saw, you know, Earth's go out there and do what he did against the Giants and all that stuff, and just have a phenomenal, you know game. And I think one of those passes we talked about the last week, when he took the ball back from the guy like he showed then like I'm a reliable target still at this age, so went in doubt, throw it to me.
Speaker 3: Ain't gonna lie. It's a defensive player.
Speaker 2: I just was.
Speaker 4: I wasn't trying to keep up with it. I was just watching the games, and I'm like back louding in my head, like hu I was on defense. I just try to stop Zach Erg like that'll be my number one thing, not Terry and I love Tyrany to deal.
Speaker 5: But when we had those two tight end sets, having a young senate in the game, knowing what he had his potential, I guess teams too kind of look at it like, well, he's out here for a reason. So that's how you get a guy like exact erth's open knowing that, okay, this guy along in the two let's think about this young guy. But then I also you saw he had a different kind of role. He wasn't until a lot of those pass routes. But I think that's how you can hire guys like that.
Speaker 3: That's a lot. Sixty six catches in forty five of them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, first downs, I touchdown Like it's crazy I had.
Speaker 5: I had a similar production two out and twelve. I was only coming in on third down and if not all it's a huge My catches was first down. Yeah, and I had eight tugs that year.
Speaker 4: So it's like it's a defensive player, Like I am watching this.
Speaker 5: I told you, I told you he was playing. I don't want to get off topic, but I'm gonna be quick with it. And Trail Road we played cars together and down in Miami. He say, Tana, We told him, you, dudes, when eighty nine come in the game on third down the ball, don't think likely he getting the ball?
Speaker 3: And he say, we blinking you scoring on us? You know what I mean. That's when you're playing with the Giants. So that's how Earth was for us.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: When every time I saw Arth's line up in one of those critical down situations, I'm like, man, throw the ball to Earth.
Speaker 3: He was getting open man.
Speaker 1: But I think that's a great example tan of the next point, which is that we talked about the offensive line their ability to be official on first time, but on third down one of the things that stuck out to me is they only had like one dude, two dudes, maybe Terry that could.
Speaker 2: Win versus Manda Man coverage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I love the idea of them going out and getting some playmate in the.
Speaker 2: Samuels in the risk and getting Debo and get and again.
Speaker 1: Debo is a and I think Teddy did a great job of characterizing this. He's not like your prettiest wide receiver, but if you know how to use him, like run him on a slant or a choice or play bubble or a screen like, he can be pretty devastating. And I do think in the slot he can win in mand Man situations. So what you're doing is you're saying Terry can win, Zach can win. Here's Debo now that can win in Mandon Man coverage situations. And now who's that fourth.
Speaker 3: Shot with icing on the top.
Speaker 4: Because it's different between beating me and kitching a ball and beating me in kitching a ball and running.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's a kitchen a runner or I can go a little further with it, And I'm glad you brought it up.
Speaker 3: You say, Okay, I got all these receivers.
Speaker 5: Why limit myself of keeping de boy at receiving when I can line him up as the other tight.
Speaker 3: End or tail back or tailback.
Speaker 2: Just find a good match and.
Speaker 3: Keep the matchups. Like I mean, we have in this.
Speaker 2: Way gonna beat you.
Speaker 3: You see what I'm saying. So that's what he brings.
Speaker 5: He's we talk about swissarmon and I even know he's beyond that because he's one of those matchup guys where that you.
Speaker 3: Can't match him up with nobody.
Speaker 5: He can beat your corner, he can beat your line back, he can beat your safety, he can beat anybody on the field, and then he can run the ball.
Speaker 3: So you know what you think we've been doing it put in his belly, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: So I just feel like he's one of those guys that he gets open, he gets everybody else open because he's on the field.
Speaker 1: But I was just thinking about it, like it's such a good point. But I remember, you can go like eleven debo, So put eleven debot running back. For example, you got Zach, Why, ye got Terry's exorcy, right, you got whoever you want to slot, who you want to slot you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Who let go someone.
Speaker 1: On the perimeter right and all of a sudden, it's like, oh, shoot, there's three receivers out here for counting debo.
Speaker 2: But he's lined up at the back.
Speaker 1: So do we put a safety in the box to cover him because that's a mismatch him.
Speaker 2: Do we put a Do we put a linebacker on him?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Shoot that we don't like that either. How about we put a quarter on him? Then the linebacker's got to cover. No, No, I don't want that.
Speaker 1: So I do think like one of the one of the things that another criticism had about this offense is like there weren't a lot of guys who could win in manae man coverage on dart down, and now you've got this piece when utilized correctly, and Cliff is so smart man. Already in OTA's and mini camp, we've seen them utilize them that way. We can't talk about it because like we can't keep the seekers round here, but I think that that is really exciting and cool. The other thing I want to just point out too, is like last year they were twenty fourth in explosive pass place right, which is not great. Yeah, And so when you say oh man, they're going on eighteen play drives, you know, fifteen play drives. Like that's again talk about regressing to the mean. Eventually, that's going to come back to average. But if we can find a way to become more efficient with our bost of pass plays, that means we don't have to go on these long drives, right we can. So I think a couple of things. One, they've got better on the offensive line, which I think increases the likelihood of an explosive run. Two, we've gotten more explosive playmakers in the past game, so that all of a sudden, and again I watched every Debo cut up from twenty twenty three and twenty twenty four. That dude will take a five yard end, Yeah, sixty to the house in the house, so bump me going on a sixty play or eleven play drive? Fifteen play drive? How about we go five players and I hit him on a little second.
Speaker 3: And five I receive. We got faster with Lane, we got big and stronger with Debo.
Speaker 4: We added to a group that needed reinforcement to hit. Let Terry have some help, and that's a group that can beat you. However, we need to beat you we have a guy for that. You got a guy for every situation.
Speaker 1: And it was and it was uh, you know, and obviously we don't know Noah Brown situation, but he was looking like a dude in yamp Mans.
Speaker 2: Hopefully he's healthy. But again, like the.
Speaker 3: Amount of pass interferences got colls like, I don't know what skill you need? Be big? Yeah, Like no, I think you need people to doubt you, but you know what I mean. But also to be big.
Speaker 5: I mean, like far as from from your standpoint of being a corner, you got a guy you're facing that he's he's he's quietly fashioning what you imagine he asks.
Speaker 3: He had the side over the size over you.
Speaker 5: When y'all get in that situation where the ball in, you're gonna panic. You're gonna try to knock the ball down and grab his arms. So that's why he was getting all the flags. Yeah, yeah, So I mean, I just think.
Speaker 1: One way to combat or counteract some of the issues they were having offensively in terms of like not finding exposive plays. You bring in people, you bringing off, bring just bringing offensive lineman, and you get more eligibles out, you're gonna find more exposed to players, right, bringing more explosive, dynamic playmakers like Merit for example, Like in camp and he's a seventh round pick. I don't know what he's gonna be, man, but he's explosive.
Speaker 2: Is all out doors.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he ran a one five oh ten yard split. That dude is getting up and running out there.
Speaker 4: I don't care what ron you get draft to the end, sometimes you could just see talent. Sometimes you just see talent and you can see it all over this kid, Like this kid is going to be a good pro.
Speaker 1: Yeah and so and again that kind of again we're kind of leading slowly from what they offense did well and the things that they could improve on. Like last year there were seventeenth in the NFL and passing game and I think that's probably yards if I'm going to yards per game. So again that goes back to the explosive player. I mean, think about all the quick game they had to do last year, right.
Speaker 3: And it goes back to the fifteen fourteen seventeen play drives.
Speaker 4: You can't have four yards a num four hundred yards passing the game if we're literally taking.
Speaker 3: Up But in defense to that, it was actually the way the way they needed to win. That's the way we had to win.
Speaker 1: And I think about that, and in some ways it's a criticism that we're talking about it, but it's a strength that you were coached that well to be that efficient.
Speaker 3: And do it over and over again.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like we did it over was We was waiting for that damn slipper to fall off, you know. I mean, this can't be real, Like you're going to continue to win like this weekend and week out and they kept doing it.
Speaker 1: I remember talking to Kyle when he was here and he was like, man, we are not this is in twenty twelve. It's like we're not built to go on a fifteen play drive. Like we just the quarterback. We didn't need to handle it, you know what I'm saying. We need explosive chunks and so to have a quarterback that could sit there and just do me thoughtically the borings over and over again, to see the quickness of his release to get the ball out when he needs to, I mean.
Speaker 3: And then when that all fails, I'm gonna run on.
Speaker 2: And so I think about like we're being critical of that, but I do think you could make the offense more efficient and more variance proof if you can find ways to get more exposed.
Speaker 3: Especially if you get him exposed to plays in the run game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, most definitely in the run game and pushing it down the field.
Speaker 3: Like you got guy that can push you down the field.
Speaker 4: Now I got a guy that can I can call a hitch fum first down.
Speaker 3: He can break a tack and take you sixty. Like, it's just so many more choices than it.
Speaker 2: Was last year.
Speaker 1: And so I've had a lot of people ask me like, well, how does Cliff get the offense better? And so I'm sure there's a lot of stuff the Clif's going to do in terms of getting in the lab, maximizing talent, putting people in good positions, like he's just a mad scientist. Like when you watch the way he uses formations, and again people say, oh, well Terry always lines up on the left, Like look at what he does with people in the slot. Luka, we does with spacing, Luky, what he does with four receiver overloads, Like he does a lot of really clever stuff in that regard.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you who loves Cliffs ze Keys Yeah, dim Brown, Yeah, you know what's going putting.
Speaker 1: Him in play where they can flourish, right, absolutely, And I say to myself, like, but the other great thing about some of these personnel moves, specifically the Deebo Samuel one, right, is that he doesn't really need to change anything he's done.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: No, you can still run a slant to Debo. He didn't run a slant. He can catch you slant and he can turn that thing into twenty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: We like bubble screens, Like we're in a little prestap rpo. They've got two over three. We're just gonn nail that to Debo, like watch him go for forty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So even like we've taken the quick game element and now made it lethally effective.
Speaker 3: And you got alert guy. He's such an alert guy. I'm a defensive guy.
Speaker 4: So when we yell alert, that mean it's some tomfoolery in the game.
Speaker 3: Like they got a guy in there that we we call a joker.
Speaker 4: Well, Debo is a joker when he is alert, I mean alert one one is in the game.
Speaker 3: Where is one is in the back feeling the slought? Is he outside? Where is one?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 3: He in motion? Now we really alert? He in motion?
Speaker 4: Like do you know simply devot in motion dictates so much of a defense that one thing when when when JD five lift their foot up and de Bo come in motion, he just changed our whole defense.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think the other one that's to talk about too is like Lane. And again he's a rookie, right fourth round pick. Like, so what is his impact actually going to be? Probably not too tremendous, but to have that vertical space to open up some windows, I can give him a reverse like him on a screen, like him on a bubble, and like Tanny, you know how important that is. You've been around, like Aldrick Robinson who was not an over the nuanced route runner, but that just give him in speed is.
Speaker 3: The threat of him.
Speaker 5: You bring a lane in the game and say, man, guess what, I'm finished scaled of boat Jesus out of these guys by putting them on the outside, and it's let them run a go right now, the run and go right now, and don't even throw them the ball, just to let you know better, you better not try me. Don't don't bring that safety yet. Don't I'm gonna run this go route with this guy one time. Let me see the coverage that I want and I'm gonna run them again. And that's what that's what. That's what the smart ocs do. They go out there and they fish for players like, let me see what happened in the first quarter when I run this, when I show this formation with this guy in the game, what they get me? So in the second half of I might need that big play and I run that and I'll see different. I'm going to them. So that's what you have at your disposal right now. Offensively, when you have so many weapons, you have the speed, when you have the threats of a tarry out there along with the other names. Man, you got guys now that you can really go out there and say you talk about this all the time.
Speaker 3: We dictating what's going on.
Speaker 5: Don't care what you got going on your defense, what down it is, what yards, how much we need.
Speaker 3: We're gonna dictate by how we who we put on the field.
Speaker 5: And you got to change because if you don't change, we can throw that ship screen and be off to the races.
Speaker 3: I like Jayleen Lane because of what me and you always talk about.
Speaker 4: I love receivers. This good that showed me you was good with a bad quarterback.
Speaker 3: All because then I don't know what you can be. I don't got a clue how good you are.
Speaker 4: And I think what jayman Lane is, he's a dude that just he's avive bad quarterback and still got a chance to showcase his talent.
Speaker 3: I think that goes. That tells me you can be as good as your quarterback is.
Speaker 4: And if you got a quarterback like Jedi five, the roof is the ceiling, like Michael Jordan's say, the roof is the ceiling.
Speaker 3: And then you got to think about it too.
Speaker 5: I think when you get a guy like him, I think when when when you when you ask yourself that question? And how was he able to still be productive with that quarterback play? He's a pump return yeah, at nature, So it's like guys as pump returners be Mitchell always said that you gotta be wire a little different to play special teams, especially at those two positions kick returning, pump return.
Speaker 3: That's all you don't get me wrong.
Speaker 5: It's a lot of the other guys doing a lot of things to help you, but half of the time you making a man miss while that ball in the air is you. So when you put me in a situation where how to survive out here with nobody God throwing me bad balls. It's being a pump returner all over again. You see what I'm saying. So that's why he's able to go out there and be productive because he's doing it already at a high capacity as a pump return and it's like the same thing as a receiver.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's interesting talking to coaches about ways to get guys confident. A lot of times if they can do it on teams, it gives them a little bit of juice leg room to be like, hey.
Speaker 2: I can do something more here, be more devastating. So I think the other thing is that comes up in this question shot here is like, is there an evolution of the offense? And to me, the evolution.
Speaker 1: And I hate to sound redundant, it's can you find explosive opportunities? And I know that's easy for me to say, but can you find explosive opportunities in the same way that like Kyle Shanahan and the San Francisco forty unders hit a couple of years ago, where the average of target is not crazy high, so the likelihood of completion is very high, but the separation is there.
Speaker 2: It is there, and then the guy can work after the catch.
Speaker 1: So think about a good example of this is, hey, we're going to take a fifteen yard dig, but we've cleared it out in a way so the receiver can catch it running, you can attack, and then all of a sudden, instead of a instead of a fifteen yard.
Speaker 2: Game, we've got a twenty five thirty yard gain, right, And.
Speaker 1: I think that's where schematically, I'm not saying they need to be hitting fifty yard bombs all the time, but can we increase the can we get out of the quick game a little bit? And I'm not saying don't leave it, keep it where it is, because it's so important the RPO stuff that suff's important, but can we kind of because again this is a crazy statistic. So they were twenty fourth in passing explosive place, but they were third in passing explosive plays over fifty yards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because so it was like basically they were hitting it quick or they're hitting a home run home run.
Speaker 1: So to me, there's a whole middle of the field there that we need that in terms of average up the target that we can work on.
Speaker 2: So to me, that's where if I'm if Clifford asked me, we would never do this.
Speaker 3: The evolution for me, the Office of Line.
Speaker 5: You unlock it up theren because you get a better run game of it than now.
Speaker 3: Everything is run better pass I think.
Speaker 1: But I think my point is that all of it seems to be swirling around. Can we open up the middle of the field.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, but that.
Speaker 5: When that run game started hitting and they see a little more speed, they play and see a little more you know, a guy who really has that what you call it, that vision that know how to hit those holes, know how to bounce.
Speaker 3: Now we're coming up.
Speaker 5: Now we now that now we're gonna leave this over this field. We're wide open because we got to bring these guys up the show. You got to slow them down the front because as good as.
Speaker 4: Sat kwon Barkley Woods last year, he was not getting touched to five yards down there for you.
Speaker 3: Let's be honest, crazy, let's be on.
Speaker 4: The offensive line opens up everything, man, I think it changes everything Like this.
Speaker 3: Two hundred and fifteen yards passing the game. That ain't what it's gonna be. Not with the Office of Live.
Speaker 1: Well, think about Larry Tunswell's superpower is passing passpro He's an excellent pass protector, right, you know, if you can put him on an island work some slides, you get an upgrade from Brandon Coleman on the interior.
Speaker 3: But then he and that's so funny.
Speaker 4: We upgraded Brandon cole and he moved to guard and he upgraded the guard position.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's what that's You're you're hoping for that, right, Yeah, but yeah, I think that's I think that's a great point. Fred Tayna. Where do you see the evolution? You have an idea on that?
Speaker 3: I was I.
Speaker 5: Was going to speak on the run game. I think the run game unlocks the officer line, and the run game unlocks all that.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 5: I think last year at times, you know, even because he ran good at times, but it was at times where if we had a better run game in certain games we could have dictated, We could have dictated a lot more offensively, and we had to fight and claw and bite. Just the j was the run game, just to get what we wanted offensively because the lack of that run game. So if we start off with that thing humming the way I think we can with the office and line upgrades with the running back upgrades.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I think the you know this guy's.
Speaker 2: A yeah, I mean the sky the sky is the ceiling.
Speaker 3: With this guy.
Speaker 1: And then I think we've talked about this a little bit already, but I think it's important to kind of just double clicks of the fans we're thinking about. Obviously we're excited about the offensive line. Yea in house guys that have been here. Who are the guys that are gonna take that next step to help this transition for Cliff and this offense to be easier?
Speaker 3: Like what I got to say them that we you're gonna like the two guys.
Speaker 5: When I go before you, then you say, who the guy is gonna help this offense? Yeah, take the next step. Well, we just talked about two of them, J C J and Tunsen. That's that's what we will. So we'll lead them out of there. And I think I also throw a cover in there too. But I think they're running back room. I honestly think that what about it's gonna be this and I'm going to give it to you. It's a it's a fire down there that's been lit. Either somebody gonna get burnt and get up out of the get up out of their own way. Why somebody knew gonna be back there doing it. Yeah, I'm just saying it. Don't don't take my I just I love when you when you bring competition to any room, because you know why, it's going to bring the best out of you.
Speaker 3: The guy looking at old school.
Speaker 2: Looking at you.
Speaker 3: I am trying to make this thing sound no better. I'm just trying to get to my.
Speaker 2: Point it but because it's like what it is though.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I just feel like that room, to me, we've already seen it, you know, flashes of it out there.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: Look you bring something in my room, boy, you better, you better bring everything you got every day because I'm finn I'm fin to compete.
Speaker 3: And I feel like that that room just got upgraded a little bit.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: And then you get a you get an Austin Eckler, who I still think highly.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: I don't even talk about it, man, he was so phenomenal last year.
Speaker 5: For I remember that at one point we missed him for four weeks, four five weeks.
Speaker 3: We didn't know what to do, and when he got in there, he didn't missed a beat. Just one of those guys. He moved the change man.
Speaker 2: Talk about another mismatch weapon like that's like you put him wherever you.
Speaker 3: Want, bring him in, debo in the game.
Speaker 4: At the same time, Trouble, you don't know what I'm doing. Trouble, you ain't got a clue. Now, my two guys, you're gonna like this one bringing back doing it for the you.
Speaker 2: Luke McCaffrey, Okay, he talk about the guy that good o Minni.
Speaker 4: Yes, he showed up McCaffrey and being said it, look at you, look at this guy, those two guys. Because I'm looking for Ben and I know people are gonna be like, oh, that ain't gonna happen. I'm looking for Ben by mid season to start stealing half the reps from Arth and I know he ain't gotta steal it.
Speaker 3: You're stealing.
Speaker 2: But I mean another bespatch would be great. But I mean if he's grown that road, if he's.
Speaker 5: Growing, if he deserves the reps, just think Ben, what did being do well in college?
Speaker 3: Catch and run?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: But what did he do besides that? No, I'm talking about what He stretched the field a lot too. He rant better than the average guy his side as a tight end. So just imagine that that opens up in our with him being able to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here you get twelve or personnel they match him base. Then you've got these two guys that can win one on ones. Like that's all what you're trying to do.
Speaker 5: So that is like, that's scary to know that we can have that production or that kind of play from a guy with that size and with that capability.
Speaker 4: And Obie Kanobi and Luke Skywalk That's where I'm going being Obi Kobi.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna go off the beaten path because we talked about Coleman, who I really think that's talk with the offensive line, you talked.
Speaker 1: About Luke and Ben. You talked about the running back room. You didn't say my name, but but Merritt, I think is going to be an interesting edition to that room.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go sneaky here. I'm gonna go Josh Johnson. And what I mean by that is Josh Johnson is the backup quarterback. He's played for every team in the NFL, all thirty two.
Speaker 2: But I think about the infrastructure that this team and this staff is put around Jayden, and who better to help kind of take take that to the next day.
Speaker 3: I have the same bodybild they throw the same Like I was starting crazy. I was watching them throw the other day. I'm like, I can't tell the different between him and Jane. They're the same.
Speaker 1: And so what I love about this is that, Hey, how are we going to get Jaden better?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: He had he was like six in the NFL and completion percentage. Man, they were first and four. It down like a big time throwing blah blah blah. Man, Let's get somebody in there who's seen it, done it, consitting the relative Christmas pay washington Field with you. We got Marcus back. Yeah right, So I think an addition like that because again, ultimately that we talked about all these different tangential things. That guy's going to drive it is five, yeah, right, So if I can support five even more, yeah, with a guy like that or resource like that. We talked about the when we did the Defensive Pod, we talked about the experience those guys brain trust and talk about I mean, I don't know about a guy who's literally played in fifteen offenses.
Speaker 3: He's played in twenty offenses.
Speaker 2: We didn't see it. The CFL play the U USF.
Speaker 3: It ain't no football he hasn't seen.
Speaker 1: He's played in. He's played in San Francisco with Harball. With Harball was running that crazy triple check offense that they ran. So, Man, I think that to me, that's a guy that I think is gonna help this offense take the next step. You might never see him take a snap on the field. You might not even make the team. I don't even know. But to have him in the building at this time plus push that along, I think it's pretty fantastic.
Speaker 4: That's a that's a good one. I wouldn't have thought of that. They want to hit my mind, but when you said it.
Speaker 5: I thought about it, and just knowing what they had out of Mariota too last year, I mean along with that, I mean that that's gonna light a fire five five lit. You know I'm gonna want He's one of them fights you don't put out. He want them fires you don't put out. It's just something special by the kid.
Speaker 3: No, for sure.
Speaker 1: Man, really excited. I'm really excited about the offense. But the thing I may be most excited about is this bakeoff.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: You this is America's bakeoff aera This ain't.
Speaker 3: Just a bake It is my time, my snack. Let me see, this is.
Speaker 4: America's bakeoff, and I refuse to lose.
Speaker 2: All right, Freddie said, you won't lose. Will our little trays here for our bakeoff?
Speaker 4: Yes, it's America's ba a ju lapful of situation. So we was told to bring things, and I need it in excess because that's America.
Speaker 3: I broke three items and I brought one.
Speaker 2: Okay, Anda's here. Thank you for coming in, and thank you for participating in the bakeoff. And as always, the rules and parameters have been corrupted by fred Yes, but we'll see what happens here. Do you have anything you like to say?
Speaker 10: Yes, I'm going to start with well, I'll explain what I made.
Speaker 11: So if you guys want to hold up your little it's just blind tasted.
Speaker 7: It's a camera no no, because they like to say.
Speaker 11: We just need to Let's all right, this is an it's super cute.
Speaker 10: We'll say, we're talking presentation here. We take all things into considering it.
Speaker 11: Okay, it's a it's a vanilla cupcake with fruit in the middle, so like raspberry and blueberries in the middle, and then.
Speaker 10: It's decorated with.
Speaker 11: Like a whipped frosting with blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, red white, and blue. And they're a homemade I'm like some of the other homemaid suspiciously evenly shaped cookies.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, those those cookies are okay, real quick. Because you guys are watching, this is a cookie fread. It couldname. I've never seen a cookie come out of mind and looking.
Speaker 4: Like that because one cooking at the temperature that they say it three fifty. I cooked mind it three twenty five. Actually, I stinted the cooking time extra ten minutes. And I also borned the bottom of this come out of a package. No, it is cut with sisters food. No, I didn't now me myself.
Speaker 3: I made American CAFFETEO.
Speaker 11: We're not too yet, all right, try, I'm gonna be honest after you guys try.
Speaker 10: I do have to tell you a little story that.
Speaker 3: She didn't make.
Speaker 2: It is her fingernail here or something?
Speaker 10: The yeah Sandi, No, my oven broke.
Speaker 3: This was be a cupcake in hope it ain't a raccoon tail in it.
Speaker 2: This is pretty dense.
Speaker 10: It's it's supposed to be more dense. Some type of cake that it is.
Speaker 3: Take like somebody died in here.
Speaker 10: What's wrong with you?
Speaker 2: Say that frosting is awesome?
Speaker 10: Thank you?
Speaker 2: You made this from drug?
Speaker 10: Yeah, every every single part pretty good.
Speaker 3: I'll give you a props.
Speaker 2: That is good.
Speaker 3: Pretty good. I'm eating and I'm not saying the jelly in hero I ain't got no hate.
Speaker 10: That's fresh Frashberris.
Speaker 2: It's a little dense, but the frosting is really good.
Speaker 4: And here's the taste. Buds dances a little bit, then lays down.
Speaker 2: Is that good or bad?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 10: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Get to do that's your boy right there? All right, right, well done, Okay, here we go. So what do we got? So fred?
Speaker 5: Fred made a bunch of don't know. We got to exclude the cookie. The cookie is so good. I know that people them wegmans. I can see them on the container that he rubbed out.
Speaker 3: Check it out.
Speaker 4: I made the blue confetti cake in the corner of the fourth and inside of the blue confetti cake and got red right and blue in the inside. You're gonna hear there. You're gonna sit there, it's gonna hit the taste buzz right there and.
Speaker 3: Start to do the mc hammer. All you need to do is relax when it happens. Okay, relaxed down. You see how south that is. Sugar is stuck right there at the top of the mouth.
Speaker 4: Right, I got the devil strawberries. You know what a devil the egg is, but most people don't know what the devil strawberry is. A devil strawberry is basically cheesecake filling on top of a strawberry and crumbled crumbles on the.
Speaker 3: Top of it.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so we're gonna try this. This is the strawberry right here. Devil just popped thing right now.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it is very yummy, and it's very yummy.
Speaker 2: What's gonna talk about.
Speaker 3: Cheesecake feeling? Right? I made from scratch, from Jesus stitching.
Speaker 2: I got two questions. Did you make the frosting for the confetti cake? Yes?
Speaker 4: I did, no scratch, heavy whipping cream, blue colored dye.
Speaker 2: It don't take long, No thingk long, and don't take long. Look like it's from a package.
Speaker 3: Like everything from a package with me.
Speaker 4: I mean no, I made this and I did it on Father's Day for you.
Speaker 3: Come on now, stop this.
Speaker 2: When did you start making?
Speaker 4: I started well, I started baking when I was like twelve years old, and I earned the name Freddy Crocker.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 3: Okay, did you make this? Make these cooking? I know he made the fruit. Let me try to real quick.
Speaker 10: The strawberries do lo comade. They're not baked, but they do look comine.
Speaker 2: What how do you what? What are you talking about? Is not baked?
Speaker 10: They're not baked.
Speaker 2: Oh I see, yeah, yeah, I got you. I was like, you can't, but.
Speaker 10: They were good. I will give you.
Speaker 2: Fred This cookie is super suspect right here.
Speaker 3: Wow, because I know how to not.
Speaker 2: Okay, if you if you are watching on YouTube, here's the bottom of the cookie.
Speaker 12: Here's what I cooked. The top of the cook I cooked. Shape minutes longer. Notice the shape minutes longer. Notice the shape of the cookie. I don't know how you make cookies. My wife makes awesome.
Speaker 3: Could you be looking like looking like I love my pick, will be looking my cookie? Be looking straight? You don't even look round. So you're saying my cake? You know.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Jason's on the mic, but so Jason so perfect?
Speaker 3: No, you made that cookie? That's do you do you know? Do you know how to knock burn a cookie? Cookie?
Speaker 4: It's wex cake. So because the one got wax paper, another one doesn't. I didn't cook the cake, and wex.
Speaker 10: Bad the cookie.
Speaker 4: If you want them not to stick, cook them at a lower temperature and cook them on wax paper for you no cookers.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't know what's wrong.
Speaker 3: See this is the problem. We can't never really have a regular cook.
Speaker 10: I believe that you baked the cake. I'm not saying you didn't bake the cake. I just been skeptical of the ingredients.
Speaker 3: What what ingredients?
Speaker 5: I just kept the cub I'm just gonna put it that there. I like the Sam's cake.
Speaker 2: Check.
Speaker 3: Y'all need to get that hang out of your host sounds. It's really Sam.
Speaker 11: Everyone is really excited in the office about the fun fatty cake.
Speaker 3: The cake.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's strawberries amazing.
Speaker 2: I didn't have any taste.
Speaker 3: You can't taste I can't.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 3: But hey, my snack bags.
Speaker 2: It is a big Listen, dude, I actually look, he liked the stupcake a lot.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I think you just like Ann. I didn't want to be on her side and a cookcake.
Speaker 5: It's good, discover. It's something about that damn icing on that Sam's cake.
Speaker 3: That ain't no Sam. I don't I know it's Sam calling me Sam.
Speaker 2: Actually don't. I like the cake is good, like too sweet for me. But that's how I like.
Speaker 3: I'm saying that I got a sweet too.
Speaker 5: No, Tamn, I got a sweet too. What about the cake itself? Both of them good? I like any k too, But well yourk like, I go get some money for it right now.
Speaker 3: I can go sell it that you bought it.
Speaker 4: You know I bought it. I bet that cake last night. I could go sell that cake. I mated that cake last night. It was great and great fight.
Speaker 3: I thought, I rely so. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So just just walking made your icing real quick? Just walk me through it, just the steps, real quick.
Speaker 4: Icing is nothing but heavy cream sugar. Alright, you put a little milk in there, You put your food coloring in that whatever color you want.
Speaker 2: You whipped a boy him.
Speaker 3: No, you whipping with a machine, okay, just making sure I looked like damn you boom.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying you literally icing ain't number sugar. Let's be honest, that sugar.
Speaker 2: Put your eggs and icy.
Speaker 10: I if you do like a whipped like whip, and if.
Speaker 3: You want to be liar.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you're not in the what.
Speaker 3: You got over that cale? What you're coming up with?
Speaker 2: Hm, let's vote, I know, so who's so we vote?
Speaker 10: I just feel like it was a little out numbered three to one.
Speaker 3: Hey, I'm gonna tell you what do you think?
Speaker 2: So this one was?
Speaker 3: That's America, that's America. Why why do you eat your your cooking waiting to see y'all?
Speaker 2: I just want to get taste.
Speaker 3: I'm talking him, talking abou him over it. I want to see. I want y'all. I'm trying to win. I smashed it smashed, and it's the only person I ain't beat it. I gotta win.
Speaker 5: I like a cake too, but I just feel like that blue can so so voting Jason, somebody that blue cake?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I was actually gonna say, of the things on the plate, no bs, I like that this cupcake the best. The cake's a little dense, but I like the frosting a lot. But again, I'm not like, uh, I don't like that harsh wheat frosted. That's more of a preference for me.
Speaker 5: And I'm a sweet guy. I like Anna's cake, but I gotta go to blue cast. I think he bought it. I think, and it feels betrayed. So who's gonna so Jason.
Speaker 1: I really want to know what Jason got to say, because Jason is the getting that mic.
Speaker 2: Jason, go get on that mic. You can't see Jason Strawberry.
Speaker 9: I loved, but it's not bag big, So punt that out of you, not even going to count.
Speaker 3: It that you did not make.
Speaker 4: That cook as my cookie to ever maked.
Speaker 9: You have never made anything perfect that looks like it came out of.
Speaker 3: I knew how to me the box I went.
Speaker 4: I went about wex paper, make Duncan hounds, I went about chocolate chips to make that.
Speaker 5: You're gonna have to stop doing your proof. You're gonna stop taking your video just now.
Speaker 9: I'm just saying all every single one is noffect way perfect size, perfect, perfect.
Speaker 3: I don't want to catch all these, but like, how did you scoop them out of the ball and put them on? Because they're perfect?
Speaker 4: And of all, I don't let my milk at even having the feel the field and the store boars. If you want to be perfect, all you have to do is smash them. Don't let them milk on the tray. Smashed them, so now they just rise. Now, idiots, I'm not counting the cookie. So now it comes down.
Speaker 1: To the caked this there's nothing home made about it.
Speaker 2: It's just it feels like you just.
Speaker 3: You like cook Look at me. I've had plenty of store boll cookies. I know.
Speaker 2: That is not a store energy experts.
Speaker 3: Do you want me to bring the same cookies tom Off?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 8: Do you want me to just go to the store and biden We're good?
Speaker 3: There's so many a feel myself doing. I would do a video, all right, it ain't that hard not to burn cookies.
Speaker 2: We'll post that video if you bring it up.
Speaker 9: So it comes down to the cupcake in the cake. That's really what this comes down to for me.
Speaker 2: I don't think the.
Speaker 9: Cupcake was a little dense, but I loved the fruit in it as like adding the sweetness your sugar. You did a great job balancing unlike the light sweetness of the icy and but that I see that icing the add on his store bought fun fetty box cake really made fetty game. It wins for me.
Speaker 3: So Fred, you do take the win if that's real.
Speaker 2: If that's not, I actually think the cake's real, though, because.
Speaker 9: I'm saying, like, if you didn't buy the box that like you just add eggs and butter box.
Speaker 3: If you actually did it, I believe you did it on that.
Speaker 5: Because can Bay and we questioned every WEE fact check Fred for everything.
Speaker 3: But I got that because because you last so damn much.
Speaker 5: But but honestly, Bro that good.
Speaker 3: You know, like I'm sure I was making money off the cake.
Speaker 8: This this part of the case, good sponging partner is it is good?
Speaker 3: And then and then the icy, then the ice just like I'm not gonna like that kind of ice.
Speaker 5: I'm like, I need to see the wrapper of the iceing that you you.
Speaker 3: Did that and spreading on your cake in the morning because.
Speaker 9: Oh my god, you get the strawberries and then you're like, oh crap, I need to make a third thing.
Speaker 3: And just walking, I've been blamed. We eliminated the cookies. The cookies are gone.
Speaker 2: Cookies are gone.
Speaker 3: You can't video to Fred like this.
Speaker 2: This feels a store about cookie in my hand.
Speaker 3: That mean I could cook, Kaylen, that mean not good.
Speaker 1: Do you think he's a real Get on that mic and tell you right now when do you think this is real?
Speaker 2: Get over?
Speaker 3: There was good.
Speaker 11: Okay, I will say at least if I lost, at least I lost was good.
Speaker 10: That I baked, baked straight up.
Speaker 5: And that's how you got to feel because because you know you did it the right way.
Speaker 2: Again, I really like the icing was that you did the right way.
Speaker 10: I know the cupcake was definitely When in a while, it means.
Speaker 1: We all thought producer Kaka, I saw you nodding that Fred baked this.
Speaker 2: Is there a reason you think that Fred baked this?
Speaker 10: Going to hear him, Kayle feel like he did bake that.
Speaker 2: Youkay Cal, I thought you were smart, and here you are.
Speaker 3: I don't even swing.
Speaker 5: I'm glad that is on smooth side because I.
Speaker 4: Tell her my preparation for telling me, and I said, I'm going to go out my waiting not to burn these cookies. I'm gonna use wax weight. I'm gonna do the small thing. I'm ana smash them before they even get baked. I'm gonna do a small thing.
Speaker 3: So guess what we we we were tripping. We should be.
Speaker 5: Making some money off your baking, cause, Brandy Crocker, we need to we need to be having a baked a base seller for the damn commands in the podcast you.
Speaker 3: Get them tickets in the cover with a free came wait.
Speaker 2: Trip we trip.
Speaker 1: If you did, I don't believe it. I can't even I can't the cake, I can I just said the cake part.
Speaker 4: Of the want to give me, I gave you to kick, I gave you the cake from cooking was so fine.
Speaker 3: I'm just eliminating them myself, cause them things was famous. Amos.
Speaker 4: Hey, I'll tell you that Freddy Krock has delivered. I have beating everybody in the building his fourth Anna, you know only.
Speaker 2: So technically it's beating you twice.
Speaker 8: What was the technicality because Red, No, it's two to one, one to the one. Actually one one one one. It's all about the last win. Never the land is all about the last win. Thank you, Anna, I think you put up a great fight.
Speaker 3: Uh, he was right. Your cake was dense. The lift tart, I don't know if you made it, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: She obviously made that.
Speaker 10: Not really, I'm calling this.
Speaker 2: We'll say that the two cakes and has done. They've both been dense, they've both been done. Scared.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I struggle struggle.
Speaker 3: Zach has a style about Zach puts it in. It's just over the top. Yeah, he brings a lion and everything.
Speaker 2: Anna likes dense cakes.
Speaker 4: I think it's because of the altitude in Colorado. Yeah, and low attitude up.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm a little you're out of practice, you know it, can I I wanted you to win so bad, I know it.
Speaker 3: That is why I actually tried to say the cookies different.
Speaker 2: Friend. I couldn't even taste the fruit. But that's my personal problem.
Speaker 9: So before we go, I just want to mention Fred to make this victory a little sweeter, like the icing on your cake. She was texting me nervously about this coming up, like she was like, should we change the topic?
Speaker 3: Should it be this?
Speaker 9: She was like texting Tanna right and making sure she didn't and you could tell in thee and she was like she was she was shaky, So you had or shook coming in here. Sorry to put you on a blast like that in a but like so she has respect for you, is the point. It's not like you know you're a good baker man.
Speaker 3: When he out Jim Dugge this to the Camra. This full of America. That's what I did. I just want this full of America.
Speaker 2: Right before the July everybody really appreciate you tuned in. That's them, will get you some of friends to make good. You can tell us whether or not you think they're actually real. And that's gonna do Today Show