Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Covino and Rich Podcast.
Speaker 2: Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 3: Find your local station for Coveno.
Speaker 2: On Rich at Foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app like searching FSR.
Speaker 1: Hey, that's us. Hey, you thought we pulled the Iris Coubine.
Speaker 3: Now we're here.
Speaker 2: We're still here. The Happy sat Patti's there a couple of days away.
Speaker 3: Who's gonna be.
Speaker 2: Filling in our pal? Dan Buyer and Monsey and Aaron Torres and we got it covered so.
Speaker 4: Right, We're not here for the rest of the week. We'll be back on a twenty third. However, we're gonna do an over promised episode today covering everything you need to know about March Madness. We welcome at Kelly and Vegas. She's got to scoop so nice. If you want some March Madness, join us on over promised right after the show an hour from now on the YouTube page we are streaming live. Hey, hey, guys at Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube. I'm Steve Covino, That is Rich Davis and we be rocking out. Let's go Danny G on the ones and Tues. Actually, Danny G's on the phones. He's gonna be getting contestants in a few minutes for Last One Standing Tuesday edition. The numbers eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox. If you just want to call Iowa, Sam is here. Dan Byer's got your updates. Our buddy Shay is in studio. And the question before we get into the meat the corn beef is rich, is what are you the number one coach in the valley.
Speaker 2: Yes, right now that Gottlieb is officially off the network, I'm the number one coach on Fox Sports Radio and in the valley. And he's in a bit of a predicament right now because well, it's it's a nice day here in Los Ange's.
Speaker 1: Not a nice day, a nice day. There's nothing nice about this.
Speaker 3: Best night that was nice. Take thirty degrees off then it's nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nice days like eighty and sunny and nice. This is they haven't broken a sweat all day, Ungary, I don't understand what you're talking about, because everyone else in this studio is looking at you like your maniac.
Speaker 3: It's one hundred degrees Davy RFK junior working out your jeans. Guess what. Guess what, no one else is worried.
Speaker 2: You're gonna tell me these little kids any g should have been shorts, can't play baseball and ninety eight degree weather, there's six.
Speaker 1: All of a sudden, they're five, but half the team six.
Speaker 3: You do more water breaks and you do a shorter practice.
Speaker 4: Okay it, but if you just joined us, Rich is saying. He asked a question, as coach Rich, should he cancel practice for today?
Speaker 2: Well, because one of the the a couple of parents are like, yo, we on tonight. And then I put the question into like the coach group chat at the league, and so far a couple of the coaches hit me back with, yeah, do it if my practice was today.
Speaker 1: You're in the summertime. They don't ever play. It's always hot.
Speaker 5: You've got to teach kids how to play sports in the elements.
Speaker 2: Just that they're not teenagers, they're not twelve. This is not an all star summer league. Okay, so as the season progresses, it's only going to get warmer. They don't play. Half these kids don't even want to play. They're five and six. It's it's it's teaball a.
Speaker 5: Chill sounds like a coaching issue.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm with coach. I'm with coach Rich here.
Speaker 1: Why it's too hot?
Speaker 3: It's a one hundred degrees he wants to be outside right now. It's awful. You keep saying it's nice out. You would walk it. You just walk today. This is a little sunny days. Steve over here, little Kid's care. When you were a little kid, was it ever too hot to go out and play? You went out, you had a cold towel. Right, you're you're you're catorade.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you're you're acting. You know what you're talking about. You're talking about when you were ten, twelve, thirteen years old.
Speaker 3: You're hot.
Speaker 2: Eh, you're like completely out of your mood.
Speaker 3: I made my instinct. I could be wrong. You never go out.
Speaker 2: I know I have safety. I get it safety first. But you act like we didn't play in ninety something degree weather. Growing because what you're doing is you're assigning what you did as a pre teen and teenager to kindergarten kids.
Speaker 3: It's way different.
Speaker 2: Yes, when I was twelve thirteen riding my bike to the park to do home run derby, and it was one hundred degrees and.
Speaker 4: Who can't you go into the everybody whatever wants to play it safe, And that's fine if that's the answer, you got to play it safe.
Speaker 1: We're not taking any novel.
Speaker 3: I just think it's not going to be productive because they're all going to be super good. You're gonna canceled every time it's ninety something like you're sitting a bad precedent as far as I'm concerned.
Speaker 1: But again, I'm not a coach, and I'm not thinking on behalf a little week six year old.
Speaker 2: Did we all just not get an alert that Woodland Hills, California is under a heat advisory when the town's under a heat advisory?
Speaker 3: In their five and six year old t ball? How about I would play?
Speaker 2: Didn't you used to play like football and soccer tournaments in the freezing call?
Speaker 6: Hell?
Speaker 3: We might were the ear almost fall off fro. How old are you?
Speaker 1: I clearly remember at nine it was like eight, nine years old. I'm playing football.
Speaker 2: It's playing soccer, Okay, soccer when you're eight or nine in New Jersey on a human subspring day.
Speaker 3: No, on a freezing day. I remember taking year taking swimming lessons, and I'm saying morning, Rich.
Speaker 5: I grew up here in California.
Speaker 3: My entire life.
Speaker 5: One oh five is when practices were canceled.
Speaker 3: Five. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: Truthfully, I don't know, but I didn't notice that. Oh my god, I can fry an egg on my neck. I didn't notice anything like imbear. But mike thermometer in my car said one oh nine on my way here, and then it came down that doesn't even want to be squad.
Speaker 3: It's like on the ground but the asphalt. I think you're I think you're absolutely not.
Speaker 1: I think you guys just want to dip out and watch the WBC.
Speaker 3: You're not a good excuse.
Speaker 2: And then I said what if I said, hey, they're all again, they're all t ball Shetland level, they're all five and six, they're all kindergarten kids.
Speaker 3: So I said what if instead I said, hey, it's one.
Speaker 2: Hundred degrees, watch the World Baseball Classic and right down, or tell me, coach Rich one thing you learned from watching the WB side.
Speaker 4: I think that's a great idea if you're going to cut out on practice, I think that's a great alternate plan.
Speaker 1: For sure, they better be watching this.
Speaker 2: But but I think what you're doing is your glamor you know what you're doing that thing we all do when we're like, well when I was a kid. And you're assigning the age differences are way off whack because what you're talking about riding your bike around, going to the park, not caring if it was one hundred degrees. That's all preteen Tea're riding your bike stuff. You're your little son, Ben, He's not going outside when it's pasted ninety eight degrees all summer long in the pool. That's byes in the pool. And let's bring the pool into this. Let me quote the great ham Porter when he said, I'm baking like a toasted cheeser.
Speaker 3: It's so hot here.
Speaker 1: Do you like the kids in sand Lat and take the pool down? That's part of childhood?
Speaker 3: Man. No, but they even said it's too hot for baseball, Too hot for baseball in San La. They're baking like a toasted cheeser. It's so hot here.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: You know Sandla, perhaps you're but maybe you get a bunch of coddled La kids. You get an eight and it's too hot. Question ham Porter, You gotta question the great handbino.
Speaker 3: Baking. Look a toasted cheeser.
Speaker 4: Maybe I am eight seven seven ninety nine out Fox, I could be off for my first instinct is what a bunch of wienies? Eight seven seven ninety nine, O Fox?
Speaker 1: How do we got?
Speaker 3: Let's say I to I'll take Max Max?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Max and Fargo Max Mark?
Speaker 3: Max is in Fargo. WHOA, what's up North Dakota? Hey, yeah, it's really cold here. Rich You are kind of being a wien man like it's it's too harm dude? Do you have kids?
Speaker 1: Which is being a little hot dog wienie.
Speaker 7: If I'm gonna go to Iowa, Sam Sam Route, if we're gonna throw a quotes Julius Campbell.
Speaker 8: You know, attitude of flex leadership.
Speaker 3: That's all I'm gonna say. Guess what.
Speaker 2: Julius Campbell was a high school senior All American. How do you have any kids that are about kindergarten age? By the way, what was the fans of the kids on the team like spin around in a circle and think they're a helicopter. Then maybe they're too young to be playing, period. Bro, That's what I think. If they're too young, then they're too young. Blake Blake in Colorado play with their Lincoln Lugs, Lincoln loss.
Speaker 3: Is that if there's such little baby boys, then why are they playing organized sports? Anyway?
Speaker 2: It's I think you're I don't think you. Did you not come to work today? Did you like going to tunnel? Believe me, and I've lived in Woodland Hills, I know it gets hot. It's brutal.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so what technically technically it's still winter until the twentieth Yeah.
Speaker 3: Bro, winter calling it because winter? It doesn't sound right to me. What's up, man?
Speaker 9: Hey, how's it going?
Speaker 1: We're good, Blake? What's on your mind?
Speaker 3: Buddy?
Speaker 9: Hey?
Speaker 7: Besides Danny g calling me soft, I would to cancel it just because it is Saint.
Speaker 3: Patrick's Day and the World Baseball Class.
Speaker 10: It's like, I don't know that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he says, just go ferrist beauty. You know what I could say? How about this?
Speaker 1: How about I say, you guys are trying to pull the iris get buyer on your.
Speaker 3: How did I say? How about I say.
Speaker 2: Some optional BP in the cage, We'll do some water breaks as a hose there that during Summer League All Stars, I spray the kids down.
Speaker 3: With the hose.
Speaker 2: So I get there in prison, they're in prison. I go we can little we can do a little BP. I'll hose down the kids with the hose and uh, we'll dip and we'll do a short VP practice. So we could dip out and watch the World Baseball Classic. That seems like a good And I could say, hey, it's optional because if there's some parents that's like it's very hot, then I don't want to put anyone in a position they don't want to. And how about this optional?
Speaker 4: Really where the thinking comes from, Like everybody is walking on eggshells because of you know, you don't want to be liable for anything.
Speaker 3: It's not liable. It's it's the fact that I love it and take it serious because I love It's necessarily a bad is a priority. I get it.
Speaker 2: But I just remember you, like, I don't see it. The kids are playing, that's what they do. They play, all right, Dan bar you have a you have a son that's even younger. What are you thinking?
Speaker 3: As a Cavino guy, I'm satting with rich.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 3: I will also say, you.
Speaker 8: Ever seen Indian movies when they get shot, get burned? Canceling practice will only provide good. It's a positive. People are practice is canceled.
Speaker 3: What are they going to do the rest of the years.
Speaker 8: Parents, Colton's practice is canceled tonight.
Speaker 3: We don't have to worry about.
Speaker 2: It anytime parents get some anytime parents get the text that something is canceled the parental agenda, it's like.
Speaker 1: Oh no, they've got to pretend like you're like, oh, one last time to be a chuffeur.
Speaker 8: How many thumbs up you will get on that text when you say too hot out, let's cancel it tonight, everyone will give the thumbs up.
Speaker 4: Okay, but hold on, don't rich, don't feed me a line of bs right. Tell me you just don't want to do it and use this as an excuse. Don't tell me because it's too hot for little luh kylon Ner nor whatever his name is, Nayland. Don't tell me it's too hot in his little tootsies.
Speaker 2: Don't lie to me and say that. Then tell me you just want to cancel because of Saint Patty's Day. The game's on and you know when it's a little hot whatever, Grace, it's fine. Don't tell me is because.
Speaker 1: Grayson can't handle it.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm gonna I'm gonna say hey, completely optional, I'm gonna go to the field for a little bit, do some VP with some of the kids and spram down the hose no pressure. The kids have so much fun with that during Summer All Stars last year, Why don't you bring the crocod the no joke at sumber of practice last year. The kids love that more than practice, like if they it says right now, eighty two degrees and Sonny, what are you talking about? It says right now in LA, I guess I'll look up Woodland Hills, so that that's hogwash.
Speaker 3: It's not eighty two degreesh, I just like that. It's ninety seven. What are you looking up? It says Los Angeles ninety six? And Shermans, Yeah, it's ninety six. It's ninety six. What on Woodland Hills? Probably one hundred and hills, Yeah, Valley ninety seven. Yeah, Mine just said Los Angeles ninety seven degrees. Mine says ninety six. Feels like ninety eight too, that's what it says. So is that too, feels like six year olds?
Speaker 5: Feels like some soft suckers, That's what it feels like.
Speaker 2: But whatever, you know, against safety first, you know what it is, though, it's uh, I'll give you the the other thought, I'm just surprised when I do when I do practice now that there's more light out. Trust me, I'm the coach and my kid and some of the other kids, they'll play all day. I get the evil looks from parents when practice goes into dinner time and later. Now because i'm the kid, I'm the coach, it still feels like the kid that's like, I'll play until it's dark, and I get the coaches being like I get the other parents being.
Speaker 3: Like, hey, when are we wrapping up?
Speaker 1: So okay, I have a serious question.
Speaker 2: Yeah for real, Okay, it's March and it's ninety seven degrees here in Los Angeles. Canceled practice because it's too hot for five and six year olds. What happens as the season progresses is not going to really get any cooler. In the it is keep canceling game the dead of the summer. It's only the little kids who play All Stars that really want to be there.
Speaker 3: So they tough it out.
Speaker 2: I'm saying for half for the kids that are already like yeah, I don't know if I like this, and they're just spinning around like like I said, little airplanes. Anyway, if you can't get that kid's attention on a beautiful day today, that kid's going to be miserable.
Speaker 4: All right, So your thoughts eight seven seven ninety nine, m Fox and I would love you, know those old school NFL you make the call. I would love to hear some feedback on social media and the live chat. I'm pulling up the live chat right now because I really don't know how people are feeling about this. At Covino and rich FSR on YouTube. At Codino and rich FSR, one of the moms hit me up, and you're gonna like this.
Speaker 3: We might as well get used to it. It's not like the season's getting any cooler. Well, it's abnormally hot right now. This is not what we normally have in March in anywhere in las Angs what it's not the Willie water Bug. They're kids, they don't we were you allergic to the hot today? Heat is a kid? I'd loved it. Who cares?
Speaker 4: Okay, Shetland Metz. Yeah, let's get the phones going and let's take some phone calls. And we got last one standing and some NFL stuff to get to. Running out of time and whatever we don't fit in, we'll do over promised, but again, we're covering March Madness with at Kelly in Vegas over promised at four pm on the West, seven pm on the East. Today our bonus podcast. All right, so who do we got, Danny J I bought some female perspective on this marine in Maine.
Speaker 3: Hey, Marine, Hey, what's up? Marine?
Speaker 6: Hello? Yeah?
Speaker 11: I grew up in Canoga Park and played in the heat my whole life. But the one difference between having it now and in the middle of summer is we're not acclimated. So kids in the middle of the summer they'll be much more used to Yeah, when.
Speaker 2: It's like one hundred degrees every day and they're going in the pool and I gotta raise my hand again.
Speaker 1: But this is how you get Yeah, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: Are you watching Paradise?
Speaker 1: He says, your favorite show?
Speaker 3: I love Sterling K. Brown? I'm what is Sterling K. Brown?
Speaker 1: There's only around with But what's he riding around with a baby?
Speaker 3: A baby?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 1: And what is he in the middle of like an apocalypse?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: What's the spoiler? Again?
Speaker 2: But what does he say that babies could? They're built to survive, built to survive. You're gonna tell me six year old nose pickers that just run around all day. They can't handle the heat. All of a sudden they get out.
Speaker 3: You just don't want to go. I want to go every day. I'm the guy.
Speaker 2: I have the mindset of a nine year old that wants to go to baseball practice every day. I just know that I don't want I don't want to get dirty looks some parents, and I don't want a bunch of lazy little kids that are gonna, like, be miserable the whole time.
Speaker 1: All right, who do we got, Max? I'm gonna make it optional. I'm texting right now.
Speaker 3: Here's the plan.
Speaker 4: All right, let's take Poe calls. Let's say, how do you should be texting parents right now?
Speaker 1: What do we got the I have the Texas practice.
Speaker 3: You have a show to do? This is more important. No, it's not. This has become the show.
Speaker 2: Sorry, you get paid the host of show not to be coach rich Well, you know what one host left to become a coach?
Speaker 1: All right, Well, good luck with that. I'm sure they pay real well.
Speaker 10: On west Hill's little League, Bruce and Reno has been holding Hey Bruce, what's up?
Speaker 9: Hey? Nice? Nice to meet you guys. Finally, I just gotta make this quick and I'll take your opinions off air. Uh did you guys know that the United States is the first country and Olympic Winter sports history to pull off the trifecta? We won the US Men's, US Women's and the Para.
Speaker 3: The Paraplegic There Olympics right.
Speaker 9: Gold medals and the Paralympics gold medalists were now five in a row. Five Olympics in a row.
Speaker 3: That's fantastic. That is cool.
Speaker 10: And Team USA tonight, Yeah, wearing the wearing the high that's awesome.
Speaker 3: That's what we need, is it? We need something to cheer back.
Speaker 8: I know, but we're talking about a forty four year drought in the Olympics, and we're talking about this manufactured World Baseball Classic, Like these jerseys are the same.
Speaker 3: When Trek's schoobl is like, I'm going to pitch one game.
Speaker 8: Oh no, I agree with you. I think you're not the same. Yeah, that's that's my only thing. I'm like, all right, are we trying to push this a little bit too far? This we're in a war right now. This USA sort of feel like I just don't know if WBC and the Olympic Hockey Gold are the same.
Speaker 3: They're not.
Speaker 4: I I couldn't agree more. They're not the same. But you know, it is still fun and it is cool to see. Who else do we got?
Speaker 3: Where do you want to go? Danny?
Speaker 2: Though every line is lit, I don't know what people are calling for us. I don't want to go out of order.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's talk to Kyle in Missouri.
Speaker 3: By the way, What a great day for the phone system to be on the fritz. Oh you know what it is.
Speaker 1: They can't handle the heat.
Speaker 3: Kyle and Missouri? What's up? Man? Hey?
Speaker 9: What's going on? Hey?
Speaker 6: Rich?
Speaker 9: I I agree with you.
Speaker 7: Uh, if it's too hot, off, if it's too hot outside, I said.
Speaker 3: Bag of practice game?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I I already sent out the text that we're gonna do an optional practice, a quick one, and if it's too hot for you and your kid.
Speaker 3: I understand. How about that boom?
Speaker 1: What else do we got? I don't know, Like I might be uh.
Speaker 4: Might be doing the ball school later on and realizing maybe that maybe it is a little too hot kind of See.
Speaker 1: I got to stick with my first instance.
Speaker 3: But you got to be kidding me. What would Coach Ballgames.
Speaker 2: Say, well, by the way, our good you know, our good friend coach Ball game Danny j Yeah, you know he is going to be doing a bit with Derek Jeter Revenue at seven pm right.
Speaker 3: Before the game starts on Fox. Is very cool, very cool. And he was also on over promised if you want to check that out. And we saw him at the All Star game Coach Ball Game. A great ambassador to the game for kids. Super cool.
Speaker 5: Well, we need to get ready for last one standing, time for one last call. Adam and Burlington.
Speaker 3: Adam, what up? My friend?
Speaker 7: Very happy Saint Patrick's day back at you man?
Speaker 3: What's up? Oh man?
Speaker 7: I got a kick earlier out of you guys talking about the Irish meal. I bought that during lunch and boy it safed like dog food.
Speaker 1: I was carbief and cabbage not a fan favorite. I feel like we pretend to like it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I should have gotten the ruben and yep, unfortunately didn't. And then I also love the Irish should buy. I was a huge fan of it more in my drinking days. But a great way to dip out.
Speaker 1: You know, no doubt, It's the only way, the only way, the only fact.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna I'm gonna irish exit that phone call later. Man.
Speaker 2: You know what, We'll get to play last one standing next if you want in. Danny g is going through to get contestants eight seven, seven nine nine on Fox. We do that next right here on Fox Sports Radio. All right, hey Cavino, let's talk about dude wipes.
Speaker 1: Dude wipes.
Speaker 2: Have you ever wiped with a piece of dry, single pat toilet paper and wondered is this as good as it gets?
Speaker 1: Well it's not.
Speaker 4: It gets a lot better thanks to the extra large cleaning power of dude wipes. And when they say extra large, they mean business. So, no matter the size of your mess from top to bottom, dude wipes has you covered for that confident clean? It looks like Team USA was using dude wipes. Hey, debris, no way, Irritation, not a chance. It's time to make the trade of the season. And you thought that might have been waddle or you know some other Nope, No, it's a TP for dude wipe made from a hundred percent plant based natural fibers in a variety of sense and sensations.
Speaker 3: Mint, chill, shade, butter come here and can you tell which one I used today or come on, bro, you got you guess right. Joined the movement for cleaner movements in a skid free life. One day you'll get there Amazon or at any major retailer nationwide. Dude wipes best clean pants down. And just a reminder, we are doing the Fox Sports Radio Bracket Challenge. It's live now, the matchups are set. You can compete against all of us we submitted ours.
Speaker 2: Uh one winner gonna get a thousand dollars gift card and the perfect bracket will win you a million dollars. Fill out your bracket now until Thursday morning before the games begin. Visit Fox Sports Radio dot com for all the rules, registration, and how to fill out your bracket.
Speaker 4: It's all presented by Wee Bowl. It's time to get your financial portfolio game ready. We have wee bole get powerful investing tools and real time data all on one platform. Gets started by downloading the Wee Bowl app today or visiting wee bowl dot com.
Speaker 12: We will we both financial LLC member SIPC FENRA. Investing involves risk. For more information, visit wee bol dot com. Slash disclosures.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Happy Saint Patty's Day.
Speaker 2: Metallica Style I love that part when he's like uma, Actually he says musta ring Ama do ama da whack for my daddy. Oh, there's whiskey in the jarro, some Irish whiskey for your saint. Patti's Night, Cavino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio Live from the Mean Streets of La And we're getting ready for Last One Standing eight seven to seven ninety nine on foxdnyg's on standby.
Speaker 1: Are you ready and are you into video games? You set it, buddy, celebrities or just a good time too.
Speaker 4: The Global Gaming League is a video game league with celebrity owned teams from te Paint to Neo, competing in everything from.
Speaker 2: Call of Duty to Tetris. Sign up and join the league now at Globalgaming League dot com. If it's time for something we do every week.
Speaker 3: I love it. It's stressful, it's awesome. It's called Last One Standing.
Speaker 6: You have five seconds to battle for your sports trivia lot n I put your electronic devices down and pick your sports knowledge. Wos one standing?
Speaker 3: Last one Standing?
Speaker 1: Oh? Wait, guys, before we start?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Is it okay? If I leave?
Speaker 1: It's too hot, I don't want to play. Maybe we should cancel one Last ones to day is ninety eight degrees out?
Speaker 3: Guys? Is it okay if I go home now?
Speaker 2: Thanks? By the way, looks as though not that you care. But the update is it's very fifty to fifty. I think I'm gonna have about half the team. I think some of the parents like two damn hot Others like, yeah, I'll be there, but I am a slurpey and tell them the zip it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all the MVPs will be on the field. I'd have four categories ready to go if you need a the tiebreaker, each contestant gets five seconds to stay alive in the round. If you run out of time or answer incorrectly, Iowa Sam takes you out with his buzzer. You don't want to hear that. We keep battling until you are the last one standing. If you win two of the rounds, you are the top dog here. The contestants. Thirteen time winner Steve Cavino, right right, and I'll go outside and play any day. He's give me a flavor ice, let's go next to him. Nineteen time winner Rich Davis.
Speaker 2: As long as Cavino doesn't win today, I'll be happy if it's me. Dan, the contestant I. I just can't have him wink.
Speaker 5: Speaking of DV, he's the leader in the clubhouse by far, thirty nine time winner.
Speaker 3: I love Bayer. It's impressive.
Speaker 5: We're gonna go to the studio lines. He was playing for a CNR prize pack. JD in Winter Park, Florida was the first one through.
Speaker 3: What's up JJJ JD? How are you?
Speaker 9: Oh? Doing good? Just not gonna let Rich shoot me with his hose.
Speaker 3: I will not shoot you with my host JD. Don't work. What do you do for living there in Florida.
Speaker 9: I'm a boring lawyer.
Speaker 3: I'm a lawyer, all right, JD.
Speaker 2: As long as you myself or Dan Byer win, I'll be happy. We just can't let Cavino win. Let's do this, all right.
Speaker 5: And by the way, in for spot, it's Shay who's going to be our fact checker during this game, So be patient with him as he checks the answers.
Speaker 3: Say say, oh, is that Shayeshy butter.
Speaker 5: First category, it's titled eighty three to one hundred. You have five seconds to name one of the NFL teams who Pro Football Focus graded a B or better on their overall free agency. He moves all right, these grades came out yesterday. There's sixteen answers on the board.
Speaker 3: A B or better.
Speaker 5: Give us that NFL team, Coveno, We'll start with you when the clock begins right now.
Speaker 1: Vikings, yep, yeah, what what grade you can jump?
Speaker 3: They are a B all right, perfect, rich.
Speaker 1: Fortyns Yep they are a B as well.
Speaker 3: Boomshaka Laca Buyer. Raiders they are a A minus yes wow, JD Rand they are an A one of the only ones. Yeah. Coveno Chiefs they are a yes B Rich hm hm three Buffalo, the Bills, nope, mis Buyer DJ Moore is not enough.
Speaker 5: Titans they are nope C plus according to PFF JD.
Speaker 3: Did someone say Broncos Nope, has not been said yet. No rockead indeed no, no.
Speaker 5: Wins that round. Let's go name some of the other teams that made the top sixteen.
Speaker 3: There top sixteen we got we got the Jets at thirteen coming in with a B. You got the Commander's coming in at sixteen with a B, and then you got the Panthers at two with an A minus. I deem this question faulty and don't think it should be counted that's funny.
Speaker 2: Every time you lose a rink. It's not updated. The fact that the Broncos, whose Super Bowl odds went up four plus.
Speaker 5: Four, it was a trade they didn't, It wasn't a free agent they acquired. Yeah, its agents completely subjective. Yeah, yeah, but everybody talks about PFF's grade. So yeah, how awful they are. Honestly back and forth on that.
Speaker 3: It's not.
Speaker 2: Everybody gets real mad when I win the round to stand outside bogus bogus, all right, second category.
Speaker 10: By the way, Covino is on the board. Yes, spanning the world. This is not subjective at all. Rich, she'll be happy.
Speaker 5: You have five seconds to name one of the twenty teams who have played in this year's World Baseball Classic. Twenty teams started, all right, wait wait, twenty teams? What twenty teams in the World Baseball Classic. You have to name it from all the countries. Yeah, all right, and we're gonna start in reverse order.
Speaker 3: JD. You're up first, starting right now, Go Venezuela. Yes, obvious one buyer. I'm going to go USA, I think so. Yeah, Rich, Dominican Republic yep.
Speaker 5: Covino, Mexico yep.
Speaker 3: JD. Uh you said, Dominican Republic.
Speaker 5: One buzzer out of there, Bayer, Japan yep show Hey, oh tany rich?
Speaker 3: Uh where a Rica?
Speaker 10: Ital Yah yep Yeah, back to buyer. Korea yep rich, Team Israel yep.
Speaker 5: Cono check yep, Buyer, Canada yep rich Great, Britain, Yes, we got a battle Coveno.
Speaker 3: Type yep, dB, Australia yep Rich, Germany No cove three two one. Columbia yep. Just pulled down. Columbia yep.
Speaker 1: Get out of here Colombia.
Speaker 3: That you can do that.
Speaker 5: Buyer, Brazil yep, cove. You got anything that's right.
Speaker 2: Remember we we beat them. They beat us in a three contests where we beat them two one. No buyer gets that room in there.
Speaker 3: It isn't there. I know there's one I didn't say. All right, A few that you guys missed. Yeah, Nicaragua, the Netherlands, indeed.
Speaker 1: Gregorious, Gregorious, I think are the only ones you guys.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we did too good there, Cove, buyer both on the board. We go to the third category.
Speaker 3: Carmen san Diego a new voice.
Speaker 5: You have five seconds to name an NFL team who have a new head coach in place for the twenty twenty sixth season. Ten answers on the board. Oh no, yeh, think about it. I'm not Yeah, well, a lot of these moves just happened in the past couple of months. Here, all right, covin know you're gonna be up first as soon as the timer begins, right now, go.
Speaker 3: Three co two Panthers.
Speaker 5: I can't think no, Rich Rich, New York Giants, yep, of course, Buyer, Baltimore Ravens, I hate you.
Speaker 3: J D Chargers, No, head coach, No, I'm all right.
Speaker 10: Back to Rich, Buffalo Bills, ye ready promoted Joe Brady, Buyer, Raiders yep, Koobeac Rich, Dolphins.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sir, Buyer, Arizona Cardinals, Michael for Rich. Someone say Tennessee Titans, No, right, no, you did, yeah, Tennessee Titans.
Speaker 10: Roberts DP, Pittsburgh Steelers, yep, yeah Rich, three two Falcons, Yeah, Kevin Stefanski, the Cleveland Browns, Yes, sir, back to Rich.
Speaker 3: Isn't a ten? Is that all of them? I don't think.
Speaker 5: Well, they both get a point. That's how this goes if there's a tie. So that's Buyer second round though, So he is the winner of this game, his fortieth victory.
Speaker 3: In this game, he got two points. Yeah, he got two points first. Well, you know, as long as you did to win, Steve, I just do it. Can you get minus points for not naming one? You're in such you're in such a baseball mindset, you forgot the NFL existed?
Speaker 1: No, No, I mean when we went over him, I'm like, yeah.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 5: He was dreaming. He had w BC dreams last night.
Speaker 3: Wasn't expecting Hey, he's picturing a bunch of may stroke.
Speaker 5: J D in Florida. We appreciate you playing the game with us today.
Speaker 12: My apologies for my course performance.
Speaker 2: No, j.
Speaker 3: Don't be hard on yourself. Legal advice whenever you can. A lawyer too.
Speaker 1: Maybe if you were Jamison, you to oneh JD.
Speaker 5: Stay on the linelet me get your number.
Speaker 3: All right, buddy, thank you.
Speaker 1: Let's go to dan By for an update.
Speaker 3: dB. What's doing my friends? Guys?
Speaker 8: The NCAA tournament is about to begin. First four games in Dayton, unb C and Howard about the tip off winner plays Michigan on Thursday in Buffalo, Texas and NC state their two eleven seeds.
Speaker 3: Winner of that game.
Speaker 8: Later on tonight will play BYU in a six to eleven matchup in Portland on Thursday. Duke freshman Cameron Booser a unanimous first team All Americans selection by the Associated Press today, the only unanimous first team pick, but one of three freshmen on the squad. AJ Devensa and Darius Acoff junior Varkansas were first team members. AJ playing for BYU. Texas text jt Toppin towards ACL on the first team, as was Michigan's yax O Lendeborg in the NBA. Jannison Teta Kumpo is going to miss a week because of a bone bruise and his left knee. Well, Timberwolves garding Anthony Edwards will miss a week or two with inflammation in his right knee. Now onto the news from the NFL. All The Broncos acquired wide receiver Jalen Waddle in a trade today that includes the Dolphins acquiring Denver's first round pick. In all, Miami gets three picks, a first, third, and fourth. Denver gets Waddle in a fourth round pick. Eagles on free age at wide receiver Marquis Hollywood Brown. It's a one year deal worth six and a half million dollars colts on corner cam Taylor Britt to a contract Texans and free agent guard Wyat Teller coming to terms on a two year deal. The Wall Street Journal says the NFL season will begin on Wednesday, September ninth. That's very likely to be in Seattle, home of the Super Bowl champion Seahawks. The Niners and Rams are scheduled to play in Melbourne, Australia, on Thursday, September tenth, according to the report. And finally, WBC Championship game coverage underway at the top of the hour, first pitch just after eight o'clock Eastern time.
Speaker 3: You'll see it on.
Speaker 5: Fox as the US takes on Venezuela.
Speaker 1: Yeah, guys, back to you all right, Oh wait you dB.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 8: I got two other notes to pass along. First of all, don't let employee turnover slow down business. Express Deployment Professionals finds the talent you need to keep productivity on track from the warehouse to the front office.
Speaker 5: Express staffs all jobs.
Speaker 8: Visit expresspros dot com today and the Saint Sun running back Ty Chandler.
Speaker 1: That's it now, I've done, Thank you, dB.
Speaker 2: Yeah, buyer, have a good night, and uh, Dan will be filling in for us over the next couple of days. So enjoy You're some extra Dan Bayer Dangle, Dan Buyer treat huh definitely enjoy that.
Speaker 3: Does it call it the coveno on Rich hat trick like we call the dam We call it Dan Patrick hat trick. Covino and Rich, I don't know nothing.
Speaker 4: Three day switch, three day switch, three day switch there is, uh, So tune in to Dan Bayer and we'll be back on the twenty third, ready to tackle your financial goals. Rich, you said it buster well. With we Bowl, you don't have to sit on the sidelines, whether you're a rookie or a pro. People puts you in the game with tools that help you make the moves you want, trade stocks, options and ETFs, or play the long game with cash management and retirement accounts, all on one platform.
Speaker 2: We bowls app pairs advance out of lit next with real time data so you could read the defense, adjust your strategy and stay in control. And now meet Vega, your personal AI assistant, ask questions like what's the outlook for the stock? Or hey, can you analyze my watch list, and you get real time stock updates and if you want a wider view of the field simple they got portfolio x ray. You could spot trends, manage risk, and optimize the performance of your full portfolio.
Speaker 4: Stop striking out like Team Venezuela tonight. Don't do that with your financial future. I join Weebol's community to discuss markets, trending topics and ideas with fellow investors. Download the weeble app today on mobile or desktop w e b u l L or visit we bule dot com.
Speaker 12: We both financial LLC member SAPC FENRA. Investing involves risk. For more information, visit wee bule dot com slash disclosures.
Speaker 4: You know, our video producer Spot leaves the cameras on when we're off the air so you can watch us.
Speaker 3: People like shoe preachers.
Speaker 1: No, people call you at your feet up on the console. What do you think you are on? LaVar Arrington, He doesn't barefoot at least I got choos on.
Speaker 3: Where is that bus?
Speaker 4: Dan Rod says, now everybody's gonna have to wipe down because you got your Doodoo sneakers up.
Speaker 3: On the table. They do have my Dudo sneakers on your right.
Speaker 4: That's rich Davis disrespecting the studio. I'm Steve Cavino. We got Danny g Here, our super producer, Elijah's hanging out spots, also producing the videos. Like we said everything at Covino and Rich FSSR. We got over Promised, our bonus pod starting in twelve minutes, covering everything you need to know about your March Madness bracket. We have Kelly in Vegas. She's the expert at Kelly in Vegas. If you want to get a head start and check her out at Kelly in Vegas. She's got all your tips.
Speaker 3: Again. Over Promised.
Speaker 4: Episode one thirty two debuts today in twelve minutes, a Tuesday edition of over Promised. Because guess what, We're going on vacation the rest of the week, so we'll be back on the twenty third. I'm Steve Covino. That is Rich is here.
Speaker 1: Let's get into it real quick.
Speaker 2: Can I give you another pick as we got closer to March Madness? Yeah, to DraftKings. How about do you think about it?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: I tell everybody about dude wipes? Oh please, do you ever wipe with a piece of dry toilet?
Speaker 3: Pick?
Speaker 4: Wipe away? Is this as good as it gets wipe away. It's a miserable feeling. Well it's not switch to life changing extra large fleshiable dude wipes.
Speaker 1: People often ask us, how do you guys do it?
Speaker 3: With such confidence? They do that dude wipe the wipes, bro.
Speaker 4: But now we tell you, because what are just cleans better? Available at Amazon and all major retailers nationwide. Dude wipes best clean pants down right, here's what I'm doing.
Speaker 2: Courtesy of DraftKings, all the spreads there at DraftKings Sports Book, the number one sports book for live betting, built for March. So when you're looking at the opening round and you're looking at some of these matchups, since most people don't know anything about some of these teams unless you're, like I said, unless you're an expert of sorts, unless you really are the guy that watches every college basketball game, Danny. We discussed yesterday. When do you agree, March manthis is the one time of year where even experts don't know everything.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we said yesterday.
Speaker 5: One of the only guys that we know here that even knows his stuff is Aaron Torres, who's gonna be in with dB on Thursday and Friday for.
Speaker 2: Us which truthfully is the best time for us to vacation and have him fill in. He's an expert. I'm gonna be on a beach. It'll be fine. I guarantee that no one knows the depths of some of these lower seed teams, which is why I'm gonna do my pick based on like a child gonna I'm gonna do what a child would do. I'm gonna be going to Hawaii with my family letter this year, so.
Speaker 3: I was like, Hawai is a nice place?
Speaker 1: Is bringing your kids?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I hope it doesn't get too hot out.
Speaker 2: Hawaii fifteen and a half point underdogs against Arkansas. I'm gonna pick Hawaii is an underdog. Hawaii is a nicer place in Arkansas. Idaho, Jabino's got a beautiful girlfriend who's from Boise. Yes, right, they're twenty three and a half point underdogs. As a fifth tenC to Houston. Now, I like Houston, but Houston will whoop them. But I like twenty three and a half points. That's a hell of a lot of points. Idaho with the points. And I grew up on Long Island and everyone's safety school was Hofstra University.
Speaker 3: Everyone knows someone that went to Hofstra if you lived on Long Island. I knew a kid named Wayne that went there, Wayne Corbet. Yeah, we make that joke every time you hear Hofstroke because it's the only reference. It's the only reference.
Speaker 1: Hostra eleven and a half point underdogs to Alabama.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna take three places I know and just take them in a parlay with a lot of points. No, right, right, and again, DraftKings use our code see our show to claim special offerings right now. Again, that's promo code see our show, DraftKings.
Speaker 3: The crown is yours now before you get out of here.
Speaker 2: Any final thoughts about the World Baseball Classic or anything else as we get closer to baseball.
Speaker 4: Season, Yeah, I have some thoughts, meaning the MLB has some really great problems right now, because imagine if the NBA in season tournament was more exciting than the NBA Finals.
Speaker 1: I think you can make a case that this WBC.
Speaker 4: Has really made it difficult for the MLB to live up to this, Like the World Series is really gonna have to step up. I'm not saying it doesn't matter more or less or anything like that. I'm just saying that what we're seeing here is like I said, yesterday is World Cup atmosphere?
Speaker 3: Do I know anybody expected?
Speaker 2: I know what you're saying, All one sixty two matter. But how do you go from Aaron Judge teaming up with Bryce Harper and Schwarber and Bobby Witt Junior and all these guys, you know, and they're facing the other day of the Dominican with Fernando tattoos and.
Speaker 3: Soda and all that.
Speaker 2: How do you go from that to like Opening Day and it's the Yankees versus the Giants. Yeah, it's a bit of a transition that's gonna be a good problem for the MLB to have. As we said the other day, though MLB knows it, which is why they're promo that runs on Fox says celebrations are back, like vibe is back, like they're clear. There's an initiative to dare I say, make baseball fun again? So yeah, baseball back in a big way. But the World Baseball Classic culminated tonight. It would only make sense if they won, and Venezuela wins. Good for them, But I think this is, uh, let's sell the deal tonight.
Speaker 4: You got a lot of momentum, a lot of energy, we'll see if that carries them ahead of Team USA, who's just a powerhouse. They're expected to win. And when you're expected to win and you play for such a powerful team that lineup stacked, maybe it is a little rude to be cheering, because it's almost like you're cheering down sometimes. So maybe if they do win, though, and win it all, maybe we see some real excitement tonight. I think we're gonna see some big at baths from guys like Roman Anthony. Last I saw Cal Rowley wasn't starting, which is you know, very surprising Will Smith huh yeah, being that he was runner up MVP last year. So it's gonna be a lot of fun. I think the Venezuelan crowd is going to be fired up. I see Coleman Johnson hit us up. You know who they would never sit Aaron Judge, No, no way, no how, but cal Rowley not starting? Cal I mean again, last I heard, will the crowd give them extra momentum that they need? Like that's why fans matter too, Like will the USA fans step up to compete with these Venezuelan fans.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we've been hearing that it might be like seventy five percent in favor of Venezuela.
Speaker 1: Wow, I mean it's in Miami, right, Yeah, that's is.
Speaker 5: That number two high? That's Solodassing.
Speaker 4: I'm surprised that's I thought it'd be a little more even than that. So might as well support your team. We don't expect you to sit there and watch every pitch, but have it on tonight and enjoy and we'll talk about it again when we return on the twenty f You gotta.
Speaker 2: Do in the ninth inning. You got to call your kids in the room. Yeah, I watched this, That's what I always do. So all right, we'll see you guys next week. Have a great rest of the week. Dan Byer is gonna be filling in. See you in the over Promised Land.
Speaker 3: Let's go. It was literally like to