Speaker 1: Night night, little worms, Pie.
Speaker 2: Cowie, Ellie is nap time? Yeah time, but you don't take naps, Calie, Not for me. It's nap time for my pet worms.
Speaker 1: Oh, here goes Billy.
Speaker 2: We're playing tag and Billy, is it that my friends are being so loud? My little worms will never get to sleep.
Speaker 3: Welcome to Stories for Kids by Lingo Kids, where we discover fascinating facts about the world around us and the fun of play. Learning Today is part one of a four part story series about Kwie and her new AI friend. AI is short for artificial intelligence. In this series, Cowie will learn some of the amazing things AI can do, and also some of the important things it cannot do. In part one, Cowie gets frustrated with her friends and discovers how AI can help. Let's see how it goes, Cowie, what are you working on?
Speaker 2: Alulla bye?
Speaker 4: For my worms?
Speaker 3: That is a great idea. Lullabyes are very soothing. I bet that will help them fall asleep.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I made a part for each of my friends to play.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 1: Yes, Elliott will play the right stick way, so we'll play the keyboard.
Speaker 4: Perfect. And what will Billy play?
Speaker 2: Billy will play bird sounds.
Speaker 4: That makes a lot of sense. Oh look, here come your friends.
Speaker 2: No, Hi, everybody, come here. I have a lullaby for us to play. A lullaby.
Speaker 4: Cool, but I.
Speaker 2: Don't think I here. Elliott, you can play the rainstick. A rainstick. This is so cool. Carefully, Elliott, it's delicates. Don't worry. I got this.
Speaker 3: Really.
Speaker 2: Oh no, Elliott, you broke my rainstick. Sorry, Cowie, I'll fix it. I got to pick up all these little beans.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, Lisa, you can start on the keyboard.
Speaker 2: It goes like this. Sorry, Kellie, I can't right now.
Speaker 4: I'm practicing my lull helping.
Speaker 2: Billy. What about you? Can you help me with my lunga bai.
Speaker 4: Billy says he doesn't like lullabies these days. He is into reggaeton music.
Speaker 2: But I'm negative.
Speaker 3: Billy says, good luck, but he's not interested creative differences.
Speaker 4: Cawie, it sounds like you are feeling frustrated.
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 1: My friends are being really loud and they are not helping me play my lolabi.
Speaker 3: Hm. Sometimes friends can't help right away when you really want them to.
Speaker 4: That's hard.
Speaker 3: I wonder if you can think of any other ways to solve your problem. Are there any tools you could use to help make your lullaby lingo kids listeners?
Speaker 4: Do you have any ideas for Calie?
Speaker 2: Well, sometimes I play music on my tablet. Where is my tablet? Oh? Here it is.
Speaker 4: That's a good idea, cauie.
Speaker 1: Okay, tablet, can you help me play a lolo by?
Speaker 4: Sure? I am an AI program and can help with many things. What kind of lullaby would you like?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I think it's working. Okay, tablet, please play this song on the keyboard, Jeze, That's exactly what I wanted.
Speaker 4: It does sound great.
Speaker 1: But there aren't any rain sticks sounds No, I wonder how you.
Speaker 4: Can add that in?
Speaker 3: I know?
Speaker 1: Okay, tablet, please add a rainstick to my lullaby. It worked and this ranging stick did break.
Speaker 4: Good point.
Speaker 2: Okay, tablet, add birds chirpy? That's too loud, too, Okay, tablet, add birds that chirp softly.
Speaker 3: That sounds great, Cowie, And look, I worn't are sleepy like babies.
Speaker 1: That was way better than making it all by.
Speaker 2: With my friend.
Speaker 4: Well, it was different, but I don't.
Speaker 2: Even need help from my friends.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you might How does my.
Speaker 2: Tablet know exactly what to do? Well?
Speaker 3: Cowie, your tablet has something called AI on it That is short for artificial intelligence.
Speaker 2: Arty fish dance. That's silly. I know fish cannot make lullabies.
Speaker 3: Not artie fish dance. Artificial intelligence. Artificial means something that does not come from.
Speaker 2: Nature, like something you make exactly.
Speaker 3: It's something made by humans, and intelligence is another word for being smart. Your tablet has a special program on it that it was made by people to act very smart like a person. It can create music and stories and even answer tricky questions.
Speaker 2: My AI is like a person in my tablet.
Speaker 3: Well, it's not exactly like a real person because I call my AI Penelope.
Speaker 2: Okay, Penelope.
Speaker 4: Penelope is a very nice name.
Speaker 2: Wow. I wonder what else Penelopee can do.
Speaker 3: Lingo Kids listeners, Today, Cowie discovered how the AI on her tablet can be helpful for making a song.
Speaker 4: She liked it so.
Speaker 3: Much she can't wait to try doing more things with artificial intelligence. What do you think she'll discover next? Will she find anything her AI can't do? Find out in the next episode. If you are ready for interactive play learning time, explore our Lingo Kids app It offers fun and educational songs and games to help kids ages two and older learn and develop important skills such as communication, collaboration, critical thinking, and creativity. That's the power of play learning. See you in our next episode.