Speaker 1: Help We Suck At Being Newlywed?
Speaker 2: With Dean Aungler, Haylen Miller, keys Ma, Jared Haven an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: What is going on? Everybody? Welcome to an all new episode of Help We Suck At Being at Newlyweds? It's yours truly Dean Michael Babies, joined by Kaylen Miller Babies and Jared Jared What is Jared's middle name? Jared Babies joining us from Rhode Island. Yeah, Judge, Jared Haven Babies. I'll go about, Hey, Babies, what is your middle name? Actually? While we're on the subject.
Speaker 3: Matthew, So, anytime my mom was mad at me, it was always Jared Matthew.
Speaker 1: Mat That's how I knew I did something wrong. You want to know what makes us such great co hosts? All three of us, we all have m middle names. Marie Michael Matthew.
Speaker 2: We sure do.
Speaker 1: Marie Michael Matthew. That sounds like a Dave Matthew.
Speaker 3: That's a great name.
Speaker 1: It sounds like a religious name or something. Marie Michael Matthew. I don't know, maybe not. Anyways, we got a great episode for you guy, yes today. And why is that? You might ask? Because it's just us talking, just talking about our lives and Kaylin and I, well, I guess we're going to record an episode next week.
Speaker 2: But I keep thinking, this is episode where we can talk about the whole wedding, because this is the last one.
Speaker 1: But next week we can talk about it.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, not all the details and stuff.
Speaker 1: This is so much better. I got to make eye contact with you. I really appreciate this setup, more so for the listeners. I brought my own computer this time, and I'm sitting at the same table as Kaylan, but just on the opposite side of it, and I like to be able to look at you.
Speaker 2: It's good too, because technically speaking, Dean is super loud and he bleeds into my mic. So it's great.
Speaker 1: Yes, and my eyes I'm not good at eye contact, they wander, but I can make eye contact with you. Oh so this is good for me.
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Anyways, It's like the difference between sitting on the same side of the booth and sitting across from each other at the booth.
Speaker 2: Yes, we're not same side boothers? Are you guys?
Speaker 1: No? Who the hell is psychopaths are? I've done it?
Speaker 2: He does it to switch it up and try to be weird do it.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I'll do it, like okay with Kayla and I both like the booth and we hate the chairs. And so if I really want the booth, but she really wants the booth, theimmable sit in the booth. That's happened a few times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very rightly.
Speaker 1: Sometimes like you need the booth, but the TV is you can only watch the TV from sitting in the booth. And there's a football game on and I have to sit in the booth and watch the football game.
Speaker 2: So yeah, one time we walked into a restaurant and every single person in this restaurant, it was the weirdest thing, was sitting same booth and there were tape, there were chairs on the opposite side. I'm like, what kind of esther's kitchen in Vegas? Every single person I don't remember that the weirdest thing.
Speaker 1: That is strange. I got some wedding stuff. I got my shirt, my belt buckles, it's something to get my cowboy hat. Sabi need to do that. Nas. But next week, Jared, are you are you coming to the wedding?
Speaker 3: No, obviously not. We will not be there.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, we.
Speaker 1: Are svped, Yes, and we're all booked, we're ready to go. We have our.
Speaker 3: I won't say what type of room it is because I feel like that gives away a little bit of the location.
Speaker 2: Do you guys have your cowboy hats and cowboy boots ready?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: So, like it's not like a thing. Are we gonna be wearing? Like because the attire rundown that we got from your wedding planner, I would imagine. I did say it was encouraged yep, not necessary mandatory, okay, because I don't own anything like that now. I have boots, obviously, cowboy boots I don't have. Do you know are you gonna be wearing cowboy boots?
Speaker 1: Is this?
Speaker 3: Are you actually doing this?
Speaker 1: I'm not a cowboy boot guy. I am going to be wearing a hat that will resemble the cowboy aesthetic. I'll be wearing a bolo tie and a belt buckle.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: The thing Jared is, you guys should really lean into this. It's a great opportunity. It's not. I don't want to say it's like Halloween because that's degrading it a little bit, but like it is an excuse to dress maybe out of your comfort zone a little bit, get a little creative with your outfits.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like the Yellowstone esthetic.
Speaker 3: What about the wedding day, wedding day.
Speaker 2: If you want to. We went to a Colorado redding wedding and a lot of people were wearing boots and hats. If you want to, anything goes really, anything but jeans, anything but denim. We're good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. My friends called my friends from Colorado like, we're asking for outfit advice because they live in the mountains, and they're like, we know what mountain cheek is, but mountain cheek to them is way different than mountain cheks for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean I'm kind of on their side because I agree. But at the same time, I think the word cheek alone indicates that it's a little more high brow than than denim. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So what do you wear with cowboy boots other than jeans? Oh?
Speaker 2: You wear like, you know, your normal suit with cowboy boots and a hat to make it more Colorado. Like picture Yellowstone. How they dress up in Yellowstone is what we're going for.
Speaker 1: Kill them loves yellow Stone or having a Yellowstone themed wedding.
Speaker 2: Accept Beth's wedding, because Best's wedding was a little uh like Vegas, that Beth, that Beth.
Speaker 3: Well, we got to get Costner at this wedding. I don't watch Yellowstone, so I don't know how they dress up. I guess I'm trying to think of, Like, honestly, the first thing that came to my mind, yeah, was Back to the Future three mm. And I'm like trying to think about how they dressed it because that's when they go to the Old West, Like, how the hell did they dress up nicely?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, that's a good call. You could watch like a couple episodes of West World. They they wear suits in that.
Speaker 2: Well, that's like eighteen hundreds, isn't it.
Speaker 1: It's the West. It's mountain cheek. I guess we're right. Is it so an old Western wedding? Or is it a mountain sheep wedding?
Speaker 2: Not old Western?
Speaker 1: Okay? Gotcha?
Speaker 2: Kevin Costner and Yellowstone, he looks very handsome dressed up in his suits. Most of the time they're wearing Dunham on the farm or whatever you would call it. But when they ranch, thank you. But when they're dressed up, they've got the hats, they've got the boots, and they've got the suits at all.
Speaker 1: That's that's the boots in the suits.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's the aesthetic we're going. We'll see how people show up. Are you looking it up right now? Oh?
Speaker 3: I'm one hundred percent looking up. So they only they have Costner. I see him in a cowboy hat and a soup, but it's not a full body, which sucks. It's from the waist up, and I need to know what he looks like from the waist down. Maybe I should just google Kevin Costner Yellowstone waist down.
Speaker 2: See what comes up.
Speaker 1: I just started googling mountain chic and it auto correct it's the mountain chicken. And the first thing that came up was a frog. So that was so weird.
Speaker 2: Mountain chickens are actually frogs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you heard it here first, Jared, you could borrow a belt buckle if you if you'd like, I've got a I've got an extra, so feel free to jump on on the belt buckle bandwagon if you want.
Speaker 3: Well, now I kind of want to buy a belt buckle.
Speaker 2: It's a fun time to dress up, embrace your mountain.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So, because I think it's different obviously for girls, because Ashley can wear cowboy boots with a dress.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a that's a good look.
Speaker 3: So I'm I'm, i'm we should be dressing up for the wedding day, not just the wedding weekend, but like the day of I'm showing up in a suit and cowboy boots and Ashley's in a dressing cowboy boots.
Speaker 1: Is this accurate? Yeah? That sounds good to me. I'm thinking like a nice I mean, obviously you're not gonna go out and buy a whole new wardrobe for this, but I'm thinking like a nice earth toned suit with a white shirt, probably a bolo tie, but I don't want too many bullet ties because I'm gonna be wearing bolow ties.
Speaker 3: I don't think I'm gonna wear a bolo tipe.
Speaker 1: I've I've got extras if you want to borrow one, but much appreciated.
Speaker 3: But like you guys are so you wearing cowboy boots down the aisle bro No.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I told you I can't wear cowboy boots. My feet don't fit in cowboy boots.
Speaker 2: They make figs.
Speaker 1: No, no, nope. I got a weird bend in my foot that onions or something bendings in my foot.
Speaker 3: I'm just trying to figure out what I should be wearing for the wedding itself, because I might, like, you know, obviously, I don't really venture out my comfort zone, so usually I'll just be wearing, you know, suit, nice shoes. But I guess I could try to wear cowboy boots, but also I don't want to show up in cowboy boots. And then everybody else is not wearing any cowboy boots for the wedding, and I'm the jackass.
Speaker 2: It's like legally Blonde, where she shows up to the Halloween party dressed up and she's the only one. I was.
Speaker 3: What was on yesterday? Mean Girls was on the other day, and it was the scene where she dresses up to the Halloween party and she's the like bride, you know, vampire tracting his wife or whatever the hell she is, and everybody else is just dressed like a slut.
Speaker 2: There's two two types of girls on Halloween. I don't remember what she says after that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mean Girls a great movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's new with you?
Speaker 1: Jared? Ashley's very into the summer. I turned pretty.
Speaker 2: She's just getting into it for the first time. Oh, she's obsessed oh my god, me too. I can't get into TV shows. Because we've talked about this before. I have a hard time watching more than like one or two episodes because I just I'm like, Okay, yeah that was good, and I can never watch it again. But because I just can't invest that type of time. But Ashley watched like the first i'm not joking four episodes, so you're talking about, you know, almost four hours of your life. She's like, this show sucks. I don't like this show at all. Yeah, She's like, I'm going to give up on it. I don't underststand why people like it. It's just it's not my thing.
Speaker 1: I don't like it.
Speaker 3: I was like, all right, I'm sorry to hear that. She's like, but I'm gonna so many people like it, I'm going to keep trying. I'm like, this is why I don't like TV shows, because you have to invest so much time. And then, of course, episodes five or six, whatever the hell it turned around for she was she was like, Okay, got a lot better. And now she's at the point where she's like, Jared, i can't tell you how much I love this show. It's changing me as a person, and I'm so glad I didn't give up on it, and I was like, wow, that's a big that's a big one to eighty right there.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's changed me as a person, but it is such a good show. And she has to read the books after and then if she still needs more, they have audio books read by the characters from the show, so you just get like a different perspective.
Speaker 1: If you already read the book.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you can read it again. You can't get enough. I don't know why I can't get enough of it, but it's so good and it's so precious and wholesome.
Speaker 1: What is it called again?
Speaker 2: The Summer I Turned pretty?
Speaker 1: Wasn't that a movie that you watched?
Speaker 2: It was the show that I watched.
Speaker 1: There was like a movie. Oh maybe I'm thinking of the boys I kissed before. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the same author. So she wrote those books and directed those movies, Jenny hann She.
Speaker 3: Just made do a TikTok with some trending sound about this is your.
Speaker 2: Best this is your best look, Connie baby.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is your best look, Connie baby.
Speaker 2: No, it's this is your look, Connie baby. Oh god, it's such a good show.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, if you're listening to this and you haven't seen the Summer I Turn Pretty, what are you doing? Finished this episode first, obviously, and then go watch BINJ.
Speaker 2: It'll take you.
Speaker 1: You need to watch six episodes before it gets good.
Speaker 2: I loved it immediately. I think it's cheesy. You guys would hate it, but it is so freaking good.
Speaker 1: I was really glad that you could find a show that you could appreciate that much. It's great, she says.
Speaker 3: It makes her feel young.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's it. It reminds you of falling in love for the first time, having your first crush. I know, I'm passionate about this.
Speaker 1: Media. It's good to see you do it.
Speaker 2: It just yeah, it reminds you of being young, being fifteen and having your first crush, and then like growing into a woman slowly, and you know, it's the summer she turned pretty. So it's a summer like boys started noticing her and the guy she loved forever started to like her back.
Speaker 1: Do you remember the summer you Turn Pretty?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Maybe eighteen, Jerry, Do you remember the summer you Turn pretty?
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think of like the first time where I was like I feel confident about hitting on girls. I don't think it was still college in high school. Yeah, it was probably you know what, it was probably the summer that I started dating my first girlfriend. So that was when I was nineteen. I was feeling confident about myself.
Speaker 1: Bloom.
Speaker 3: My friend group like was working out.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I wasn't in high school anymore, so I still the same friends, but I just felt more mature, I guess. I guess it's just the as you grow older, you start becoming more comfortable with yourself. And that was the first summer I remember feeling good, feeling good about me with the opposite sex.
Speaker 1: What the hell? Yeah, so this is two thousand and.
Speaker 3: Nine. I think the summer of two thousand and nine is the summer that I turned pretty. I think that was it, right there, Dean, What about you?
Speaker 1: Mine? I think came into two stages. I think the summer I started feeling pretty. I remember I got back from I think it was between freshman and sophomo year of high school. I got back to school and I had hit a growth spurt and I was always a little chunky when I was under like a toddler, Not a toddler, but like you know, up until I was thirteen, I hit a growth spurt, gain like four inches over summer, so my my body fat just spread out amongst the height, which was good. And I remember this girl that I was good friends with told me I looked really skinny, and I was like, wow, I've never been told I looked skinny before. So that was like the first step. And then the second step was when I went to college. And in high school, everyone knew about my my testicular mutilation.
Speaker 2: And everyone in high school remember, yeah.
Speaker 1: Well not remembered, but it's like a small town. Everyone you know, shares stories. I was too scared to stand up for myself and be like, no, it's normal down there problem, and so like they would just talk about it, I'd be like I would just get clam up and get all the nervous. But when I went to college, it was like a whole new place because no one knew any of that backstory. Not that I affected me in any way, but there was like that you know, dark cloud.
Speaker 2: Kind of over or maybe nobody remembered or thought about it, but you just thought everyone was thinking right, and.
Speaker 1: You're probably so right, like it probably was a bigger deal to me than it was to anyone else. But I do think that was like a barrier because some girls were probably like, oh, that guy, he got stitches on his testicles one time, I'm nice going anywhere near him. And so when I went to college, no one knew that story, and so it was like a whole new man. So that was the first summer was two thousand and six, and the second summer was twenty ten. Wow. Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 2: You guys remember that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I guess it's maybe more of a turning point for men, because it's just we can feel it a little bit more because as a girl you're probably getting attention from anyone anyways, but as a guy, it's like you really have to either be more confident in your approach or just look good enough. And guys or maybe our later bloomers for that.
Speaker 2: No, I think. I remember I had this crush for so long and he never gave me the time of day, like ever, never cared about me. And then it wasn't until I got off the batch that we met up for coffee or something, and that was the first time he was like, oh, like, I'll finally give you attention, And I was like honestly, I'm not interested, Like you're kind of a loser.
Speaker 1: Yeah, screw him. He said that I'll finally give you attention.
Speaker 2: No, but you could see he finally asked me out on a date, and I was like, you're stuck in the hometown. You never left, Like, I'm good, you want to know.
Speaker 1: Twenty I was just talking to my buddy because I was back in my hometown last week climbing mountains and I was talking to about it, and because he lives in the town that we grew up in, still small town obviously in Colorado, and I always when I moved to Denver and then moved to Los Angeles, I always like looked at the people that lived in the town and I was like, you never got away, Like that stinks for you. You're missing out on so much of this world. But now that I'm thirty two, all I could possibly want is to move back to my small hometown. And I was telling him that I was like, from twenty two to twenty eight, I was like happy to have gotten out, But now at thirty two, all I want to do is get back.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Kind of interesting.
Speaker 2: We'll get back there one day, but not my hometown. My hometowns.
Speaker 1: We'll stay far away from Richmond, Frederick, I was going to say Frankfurt. I knew that wasn't right, and so I just I just I went. I went into panic mode, and I said, I said Frederickson. No, I said Richmond, Alexandria, somewhere in Virginia. But yeah, one of these days we'll move back. But yeah, but.
Speaker 2: Anyways, I don't think I turned pretty until college. Is my long story.
Speaker 1: I saw a picture of you as a as a cute little kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was cute as a kid, and then middle school rough, high school rough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I bet you like everyone is rough in middle school.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: You know why it was rough is because in middle school or freshman year of high school, I overpucked. I was in one of those like magnified mirrors, started plucking my eyebrows and then I plucked, so my eyebrow didn't start until where my pupil is. So I just had a little sliver all throughout high school.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I met you like that was the style and everyone else was.
Speaker 2: Doing it was so bad. That's why you'll never see a photo of me fro high school.
Speaker 1: I'm saying it looks bad. Now with perspective, but back then, if everyone is doing it, then you just looked just like everybody.
Speaker 2: Was doing it. I made a mistake. I made a huge mistake.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, well, I'm sorry to hear that.
Speaker 3: Who do you think from Bachelor was someone that I don't not peaked in high school? But I feel like a majority of us have similar stories where we all feel that we didn't come into our ow until later in life. I'm curious if there's people, uh from I'm just trying to think of people that we both know. That's why I say Bachelor that were like, oh, those that guy loved high school, because I feel like a lot of people that I went to high school with that quote unquote peaked in high school.
Speaker 1: That were the cool kids that loved high school. Everybody wanted a date.
Speaker 3: You know, they're not doing great right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I would say that they that we probably don't know the former contestants that peaked in high school because we wouldn't really be friends with those types of people as ugly as ugly duncles ducklings ourself, you know, and maybe they wouldn't have made it very far enough to leave the last impression on us. I don't know it is if.
Speaker 2: You peaked in high school, like you know, you're going down.
Speaker 1: There's wrong with peaking except in high school? Is there? Actually? Can we just say that maybe there is something wrong with peaking?
Speaker 2: And I think there is, but there are a few that get out of it. I think I was talking to Jess Clark, Ben's wife, and I think she said she like high school was good for her. So I don't know if she like peaked then, but she's still going up, so I think she's one of those rare people.
Speaker 1: I mean, high school is good for me, but I hope, I hope it was my peak.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so I don't know. I guess, yeah, peaking in high school is not good, so maybe she'll like peak.
Speaker 1: I think the only way you can say someone peaked at Sorry, Jared, I'll let you get to that and said, oh go gogle. I think the only way you can say you peaked in high school is now that we're thirty, to be like, oh, yeah, I'm less cool now than I was in high school.
Speaker 2: That was the best I would ever all ever be.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, that's the bad thing because obviously you want to continue to rise in a linear fashion.
Speaker 2: But like typically people that just had a great high school experience, where the popular people are the ones that peaked and aren't doing great now, is what we're saying, right m hm yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah sure, fear of what were you going to say?
Speaker 3: Well, I was gonna say for me peaking a high school? Like when I think of the definition of that, it's like the kid and Dean can probably relate to this, Kaitlin. Not when you're walking down the hallway and wow, high school is so stupid. I can't believe gonna say this out loud, but there are certain guys that you wanted to give not a high five too, but like dap up, you know what I mean, Like you'd walk past. It wouldn't be like a full like like that, but it's literally just like a you know what I'm talking about. I wish I could put it was just low Dina has no idea, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Well, you never did that. I think my high school experience was different. Small school, Like there there was a popular crowd, but it was like twenty of us and then there wasn't that much of a separation between them and then the next group. But like whether it's not next group down. But like the artsy kids and the jocks, there wasn't really much of a chasm between the two of them. You know, there was a gap in our school.
Speaker 3: And so my definition of someone who peaked in high school is like when you see that kid walking by. And because I was always on the cusp, I was never cool, but I was never like the center of attention with bullied. So I'd be bullied, but then also I'd play sports, so I would know all the jocks, but I'd be friends with the artsy kids too, So I was kind of like I never really had like a core group. I was just I kind of like floated by. I feel like the story of my life just like flowing by.
Speaker 1: That's tough. That's a tough place to be because you feel like you don't fit in anywhere. Then uh yeah.
Speaker 3: Actually, one of my buddies who went through a similar experience, said he always regret regrets that because he feels like he never had close friends in high school because he was always friendly with everybody, but he would never have really close friendships like that, like you know that core, like those two or three people where you're like, we're going through this experience together, and I guess I kind of had the same thing, but it's never really bothered me anyway. The definition of the kid that peaked in high school, I can't believe this is like my experience and not an and in either one of yours. When he's walking the other way, you hope that he puts his hand out so you're like, so he's like, what's up, and then you just dap up for a second and then you're cool by association.
Speaker 2: I can relate to that. I remember, like the coolest girl in our high school, like everyone was obsessed with her, Taylor Bailey.
Speaker 3: What's Taylor Bailey doing now?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I was just thinking that I don't know what she's doing.
Speaker 3: Because we're calling her out first and last night.
Speaker 2: No, she's she's I mean, that's a I feel like there's a lot of Taylor Bailey's in the world. But she was the coolest person in high school, coolest ever and very nice. I like wanted to be her so bad and so if she were to walk by me in the hallway and be like hey, Caylen, it would have like I would have been shocked and amazed and like, oh, I'm pretty cool. Taylor Bailey knows me.
Speaker 1: See, maybe that's where we're draw this disconnects because I think maybe that I was that person. I was Taylor Bailey, but like it wasn't just me. There wasn't one Taylor Bailey in our school. There was ten of us. And maybe I'm just imagining this, like maybe I think that we were away cooler than we actually were. Thought.
Speaker 2: You said you weren't cool, and I I was.
Speaker 1: All of my friends were like the best athletes and the best students.
Speaker 2: And that's why because me and Jared are on the same.
Speaker 1: School in high school.
Speaker 2: But that's the things I don't know what you're saying, you peaked in high school.
Speaker 1: No, that's what I'm trying to avoid saying. As I beaked in high school. I still think my peak is ahead of me at this point. But my point is, and again, it has to just be the size of the school. I graduated with ninety two kids in my class, and you, I'm sure had hundreds, and Jared, I'm sure you had way more than that too. It's just like when a school is that small, there really isn't. There isn't a Taylor Bailey, and so because of that, there's like there's half of the school is a Taylor Bailey.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, it's a Taylor Bailey.
Speaker 3: I'm just using that as like a point of reference, like the coolest kid in school. I think the name of this podcast should be Taylor.
Speaker 1: Half of us were Taylor Bailey's and so I just don't There was never a kid where I walked out. I was like, oh, I hope that guy gives me a high five right now, you know, Yeah, because like we were, we were the top of the food chain, but all of us were the top of the food chain. It was a school full of great way sharks. Interesting in a good way. I'm saying that positively too. Dude.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to find a high school photo of you right now, Dean, Oh.
Speaker 1: I'll send you a photo. I'm trying to look at Kaylen's friend list on Facebook for a Taylor Taylor. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't even even know if we were cool. I was cool enough to be her friend on Facebook.
Speaker 1: There's a bunch of tailors, but no Taylor Bailey's.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Like I said, I really wanted to be her friend. But also we were like two or three grades apart. So I was just a measly little freshman.
Speaker 1: And also, I say all this as far as our school goes. But when I went to college and I started meeting people that were actually like the Taylor Baileys of their big school.
Speaker 2: Founder on Facebook, she's doing great. She still looks beautiful. Wow, I can't believe she didn't peak in high school.
Speaker 1: She's still going That's impressive. When I went to college and I started meeting people that went to big schools that were actually the popular kids, I was like, Oh, our experiences were way different because you were like royalty basically, which we didn't have that at our school.
Speaker 3: I was looking for old photos, and obviously I couldn't really find one, but I found this gem. Look at these two young kids in love.
Speaker 2: Oh best day, I heard.
Speaker 1: I hate that picture so much?
Speaker 3: Why do you hate this picture?
Speaker 1: You look so good? I just look greasy and gross.
Speaker 3: You guys both look great? What are you out of your mind? You think you look bad?
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he'll never be happy with his appearance, which blows my mind because he's the most handsome person ever.
Speaker 3: Caitlyn, what's your favorite Dean look? I feel like he's had many.
Speaker 2: I really liked that one. Coming down to the beach was a really good one. We were talking about hair length the other day and I was like, that's a perfect length for the wedding, and I just wanted to bring that up again because remember on the podcast three weeks ago, Dean said, I told Kaylin she'd do whatever I do, whatever she wants in terms of my hair, m M. And then I told him last week. I was like, I want you to cut it, and he said no, and he doesn't remember saying that on the podcast. I don't do whatever.
Speaker 1: I want to have the freedom to do what I want to do.
Speaker 2: So you were lying last week.
Speaker 3: That is in complete contrast to what you were saying three weeks ago.
Speaker 1: It is on record M the tape. I don't disagree with you, guys, but I just like, you know, I am so anti authority and anti being told what to do that I just want lying. I want to have the choice. He's lying, he's gonna cut his hair. He's I just sent this in our group chat to picture of me from high school. I look pretty cute in that picture. I think I just wanted to share it with you guys. There's nothing in our is this the summer. You turn pretty high message.
Speaker 3: Oh you're hot.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you I was pretty cute.
Speaker 3: Of course you were the cool kid in high school, you son of a Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Would have had a big crush on you in high school.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I'm gonna send this other one too. That's actually college.
Speaker 3: This is he's the kid walking down the hallway that I'm hoping.
Speaker 2: This is so funny. He's like, I'll show more photos of me when I was hot.
Speaker 1: Well, just you know, just peeking in high school. That's me giving a speech at our graduation. Gave a speech at my graduation. That's a pretty that's a cool kid thing to do, cool kid energy.
Speaker 2: Why did you do that? Were you smart or something?
Speaker 1: I was anymore? Yeah, why did you give a speech at your graduation? One of my friends, so I talked about on this podcast before, died when we were little and he was my best friend. He would have been graduating with us, but he did not, so obviously I was giving a speech on his behalf.
Speaker 2: That's sweet.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's that's a little bit about me peaking in high school.
Speaker 2: Well that was a pretty fun conversation. Look at what the semurai turn pretty did for us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wish I had to show that I was into like that.
Speaker 2: I gotta say. I just can't get enough. And I'm so excited to talk to Ashley about this at the wedding because it's it becomes an obsession, it really does.
Speaker 3: Man. Now you're just sending us all photos. My phone is getting blown up with Deanungler high school photos.
Speaker 1: Look at this?
Speaker 3: Where are you? How do you find these that.
Speaker 1: Are on my Facebook from two thousand and eight.
Speaker 3: Oh see, so many of my good photos are on MySpace and I can't access that MySpace.
Speaker 1: Yeah, never had a mind. It's lucky to hear to rank my friends.
Speaker 2: What a cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I see. I maybe I did peak in high school because I was kind of hot back then. Hope. There he is.
Speaker 2: My wife Peter is so funny to me.
Speaker 1: Thanks, thanks, see, but you know that good looking guy tan muscular. I guess I was able to get some dates and stuff, but it was still it was a bit of an obstacle to overcome in my life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you peaked in high school. It's been so cute. You're like, I'm shy.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, at me? You said I peaked in high school? That's not very nice.
Speaker 2: I'm just kidding totally.
Speaker 3: She's still marrying you, so that's what's on.
Speaker 2: You're obviously getting hotter every year.
Speaker 1: You got it.
Speaker 2: You just need more compliments.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, Jared, what are you guys gonna do with Dawson when you come to our wedding?
Speaker 3: So we are dropping him down in Virginia. So Ashley flies out this weekend because she has a baby shower to go to on Sunday, and then I'll go to Virginia next week because I have to work. And then we fly out to Denver or Colorado, excuse me, on Thursday, Thursday, Thursday.
Speaker 2: Thursday, and then you're driving to Aspen.
Speaker 3: So then we're driving to Aspen. We're just we're debating whether we stay no, no, no, excuse me. We're flying into Aspen. So we fly from Virginia, we have a layover, We're flying into Aspen, and then we drive to the resort.
Speaker 1: After that.
Speaker 3: We're thinking we're gonna stay in like the city Aspen on Thursday night and then go to your location on Friday. Nice because we get into like nine Yeah, We're like we could drive and get the rental car. We just get a hotel and just go to sleep and then wake up and do it tomorrow because I don't know when Ben and Jess are going there. We've been talking to them trying to like meet up and figure out exactly when they're gonna be there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is like an hour from the Aspen airport and it's gonna be late. It's gonna be two. It's gonna be eleven. If you land at nine Colorado time, it's eleven Rhode Island time, so it would be a little too late. I do have a question.
Speaker 3: Because this is like not a spoiler of where it is, but it's very retreaty mm hmm. It says that we are sharing a bathroom with someone.
Speaker 2: Uh you shouldn't be no ah woo.
Speaker 3: Great news because because when you sign off the location, it says it's a shared bathroom, and Ashley were.
Speaker 2: Like, uh, no, I definitely put you guys in one that doesn't. There are some that do.
Speaker 1: There's like five or six couples that we have given the th the wolves that know that are giving the luxury of having their own bathroom because there's like twelve or thirteen cabins or something, and only five of them are single occupant, like single bedroom, one bath.
Speaker 3: It's so interesting how sharing a bathroom could just be different between guys and girls, because as a girl it's like you have to get ready and do all that. As a guy, I'm like, well, I'm going to blow this thing up at least twice a day, and I don't want somebody else's significant other. Because I texted Ben and we texted Bed and Jess, We're like, do you know if we shared a bathroom with you guys, because at least like I would feel comfortable talking to Jests and be like, hey, Jess, like, you know, give me a little time here.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I just pulled up the Google sheet with everyone's room assignments and it says Jared and Ashley private restroom across hall. So it's like you have your own. It's like a weird setup.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that's fine, You've got your fine.
Speaker 3: No, that's great, bios baby perfect.
Speaker 1: So you feel free to blow out the bathroom as much as you want. There's a lot of a lot of forests land around too, so if you really needed to blow something up, you can just go walk out like a quarter mile into the forest and do your business out there.
Speaker 2: With Alice. We just bought Alistair a air tag collar just so he can roam free the whole weekend, and if we lose them, we can just ping him.
Speaker 3: Are you nervous about Alistair biting anybody?
Speaker 2: We're just going to tell everyone not to touch him. If you don't look into his eyes, if he don't pet him, he won't bother you. But if you try to pet him and try to befriend him, that's when he gets upset.
Speaker 1: He doesn't want friends. No, he's the cool kid. Walk down the hall. He try to ab him up, he'll snap, doesn't then, well, yeah, it does not end well.
Speaker 2: But he doesn't have teeth, So if he bites you know, it's fine.
Speaker 1: And you got him a tuxedo.
Speaker 2: Yes, his tux is so cute. He's gonna be our ring bear.
Speaker 1: He's going to be a bear.
Speaker 3: Are you going to pay any tribute to Pappy?
Speaker 1: Oh? We should?
Speaker 2: No, I thought about it, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: How we could release a butterfly.
Speaker 2: Capture a butterfly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you find one, we should capture it and really it on the altar because Pappy people means butterfly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I just feel like you guys love Pappy way more than you love Alistair.
Speaker 1: Like out there corporate Caleb loves Pappy more than Alistair.
Speaker 2: Dean is obsessed with Alistair, like I've never seen him obsessed with anything.
Speaker 1: Kaln's dog, Alistair is my dog, yeah for sure. But that's not to say that Alison doesn't love Kalen, because he definitely does. I just love Alistair's spunkiness, and he's he's predictable, dedictable, and he's just got a little bit of edge to him and he's just got a more Pappy was great. I love Pappy to death and I will remember him so fondly for the rest of the time. But he didn't have as much of a personality Alistair has.
Speaker 2: Baby Babby was also cool. Babby was like could it be bothered? You know, He's like, oh you're here, didn't care Alistair. Yeah, he has a personality for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I like that about it.
Speaker 3: So Pappy was the guy walking down to high school that I was hoping wouldap me up wearing like sunglasses.
Speaker 1: Abby was very cool and he probably wouldn't dab you up, but only because he was like so locked in his own world and he wasn't paying attention to anything else, because it's just how kind of a cool guy he is, So he would he would probably.
Speaker 3: And Alistairs ed, So Alistair was the guy who would be like maybe artsy and like in the like in the.
Speaker 2: Corner of a w wiritsy moody exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you'd be like, hey, how's it going. Doesn't answer, well, we're all going to die someday, Like God, what's wrong with that kid?
Speaker 1: But he's got a point though, shoot. Yeah, so oh, I just wanted to update everyone too. I'm on my last mountain to climb. Caitlin's gonna climb it with me on the day before the wedding. Yep, I got fifty six and only two left. But if they're they're done in the same days. The day before the wedding.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Thursday, time to do that.
Speaker 2: And Wednesday before and we leave Thursday, the day.
Speaker 1: Before the festivities began, got it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know how you guys are going to record a podcast. I got news for you. Yeah, well, I think you'd be so sidetracked.
Speaker 1: But the iHeart Radio Music Festival is that weekend as well, so maybe a little tricky, but we'll see. But that that to be said.
Speaker 2: He did it to all the naysayers. He did it.
Speaker 1: I haven't done it yet, but yes, I am going to do it, which is great because even if we don't do it Wednesday, like let's say there's a storm or something, I'll just do it Thursday morning. No.
Speaker 2: Yes, no.
Speaker 1: And there's one on the way between Denver and Aspen that I wanted you to to come up on top of two, so maybe we can get you on one of those. It's very easy. Basically you can drive to the top before you can drive to the top of it.
Speaker 2: It's it's so easy. It wasn't the worst hike.
Speaker 1: It You are alive and you're telling the story, and so obviously it was easy enough to be able to survive.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, well, congrats, you've done great.
Speaker 1: I've done great.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Are you so excited for me to be done? I would not correlate survival with h level of difficulty. I think as long as you're alive. Are you happy that I'm done?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm so happy. I hate these mountains have caused me so much anxiety? Why so over them?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: So ready for them to be done?
Speaker 1: How they cause you anxiety.
Speaker 2: Because you're hiking, so it's dangerous. You post these videos where you're like slipping off and about to die. That was one time, Okay, it was enough to nearly give me a heart attack.
Speaker 1: That was like an anecdotal, like haha, oop I slipped.
Speaker 2: Then you wake up late and start hiking late, and then you do ten miles, so you're hiking until like midnight.
Speaker 1: What did I say this morning?
Speaker 2: Don't exaggerate Kaalen is.
Speaker 1: Locked into this space where she'll exaggerate facts to prove.
Speaker 2: Her point more and my point is proven.
Speaker 1: But you're developing like a girl who cried wolf syndrome, because now every time say something, I'm like, okay, subtract three hours from there.
Speaker 2: Okay, you liked till nine pm. It's just dangerous and it's been freaking me out. So I'm happy it's over and I'm happy you accomplished your goal.
Speaker 1: Thank you, And I'm happy you don't have to be stressed out about this anymore.
Speaker 2: Me too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's great. I lost twenty pounds, just like I had hoped. Yeah, I think ten more could be good. But no, I think I need to do some crunches or something before the wedding. But it's just I'm slim, but I don't have any muscle mass now, which is kind of maybe an issue. But yeah, two left, and I'm doing them the day before the festivities kick off with my brother. I think I've already talked about this on the podcast. But the bells, the bells we're doing. Yeah, the last two mountains are called the bells, and we're chaining here cool to bell and we're going to be bells. That's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's cool. And then yeah, there's one on the way that I want you to come up to the top of with me to that that I've already done obviously, but it's very easy to do, and so you can get up there and see what it's like to breathe that air at fourteen thousand feet.
Speaker 2: I've had altitude sickness before and I don't want to get it again.
Speaker 1: We can get you some diamoxs. You'll be fine. What the heck's that altitude sickness medication?
Speaker 2: I wasn't given that when I had altitudes s.
Speaker 1: When did you get altitude sickness?
Speaker 2: Oh? While we were filming The Bachelor at Loveland at Loveland, I'm not kidding. We went to the High Speak at Loveland, came down Loveland. In Loveland, we started snowboarding. Colton quote unquote taught me how to snowboard. Almost died because I had never done it in my life.
Speaker 1: And then it's hard for someone that doesn't know how to snowboard to teach someone how to snowboard.
Speaker 2: I was like, can I get a real instructor? This is not safe, and they took me down a scary mountain. I took my helmet off and then it was like the most excruciating, immediate migraine and nausea, and they took me to the hotel and I was like, honestly, I think we just need to film the date here because I cannot get out of bed. And they gave me advil and I just like hugged the toilet for a while. Felt better, and then we got a private concert at Red Rock, so I'm happy I went nice.
Speaker 1: Can I say something You think I'm being dramatic, I don't. I don't think you're being dramatic at all. Maybe a little bit. But when we first started dating, you had an issue with not drinking enough water, and one of the biggest things that induces migraines and an altitude sickness is being dehydrated.
Speaker 2: And we were drinking a lot on the Bachelor, so.
Speaker 1: That I think. I think if you were to go into a clearhead and not drunk, and I wasn't drunk and I.
Speaker 2: Had a couple of glasses of champagne and.
Speaker 1: Well hydrated, I think you'd be perfectly fine. Yeah. Did you remember that when you first started dating, you'd never drink any water?
Speaker 2: You say that all the time I drank water. I just didn't drink a lot.
Speaker 1: You'd have like a cup of water, though.
Speaker 2: Your memory of it is so prong.
Speaker 1: Oh, now I'm exaggerating to prove it for it. Well, well, this is what we're gonna do. We're you're gonna get you some diamonds. We're gonna chug a gallon of water and it's a five minute hike and it'll be great.
Speaker 2: We'll see.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's not the answer.
Speaker 3: I was hoping for any final things of the wedding before, like other things that are stressing you.
Speaker 2: Out right now, Dean, anything.
Speaker 1: Just I mean, the stress of the wedding makes Kaylen stressed, and Kaylen stressed makes me stressed.
Speaker 2: I'm not really stressed. They are like little things here and there.
Speaker 1: You're stressed.
Speaker 2: The venue has been stressing me out, yeah, just the owners of it's just been really difficult. And on the rundown, it asks if you know we're going to be relieved when it's over, happy, sad, whatever, I'm going to be very excited to never have to deal with them again.
Speaker 1: It's so funny because oh them, the venue specifically. Yes, well, like a week ago you were talking about how you wanted to start a wedding planning business.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, I'm talking to the venue. The venue has been really difficult, so that has been stressing me out. It's like random things here and there that it's just been super frustrating. The only other thing is that my jewelry hasn't arrived, but it's supposed to arrive today. But we're leaving today for the wedding. So that's it.
Speaker 3: You guys are leaving today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're leaving today.
Speaker 1: We're driving snver. We're going to the Broncos game this week and coe Broncos. Right by the time this airs, you'd probably have already watched them beat the Commander's butts. Into the ground.
Speaker 2: Get better better?
Speaker 1: What jewelry like? What ear rings?
Speaker 2: Necklace, bracelet, earrings and rings. I'm a big ring girl for the welcome dinner and my two looks for the wedding kind of important.
Speaker 1: I bought your wedding gift.
Speaker 2: Oh what is it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I'm actually I was really nervous because I got a shipped to the house and it was it can either arrived Tuesday or Thursday. Today's Thursday. I couldn't get it to arrive today because what if we had left before. So I got it to arrive Tuesday, and then I was like, crap, But she's going to see it arrive and then she's going to know what she's getting. But then when I opened the box, thankfully they had marked it pretty conspicuously.
Speaker 2: Oh great. Also, my grandparents lived five houses down from us. Why wouldn't you strip it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I was gonna ship it tendy actually across the street, but it was very expensive and I didn't want anyone like harboring here.
Speaker 2: Very expensive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so just wanted to announce publicly that I got your wedding gift.
Speaker 2: Amazing. I do want to say our officient and his girlfriend stayed the night last night and was admiring the gifts that I got Dean, and I'm still pretty proud of them.
Speaker 1: I got a Broncos Broncos picture.
Speaker 2: You should get one for a Nuggets picture. Forty nine ers is that right?
Speaker 1: Forty nine ers for who?
Speaker 2: Wait, who's your team?
Speaker 1: Jared?
Speaker 3: He's a Patriots. I switched over to the Bucks. We'll not switched over. I just added the box when Brady was there, and now Brady is no longer there, so like, you know, sorry, Tampa could care less aboue. However, now go Raiders a little bit because you know, Town's a part of the owners. So got your big guy too. It's so nice having football back. Yeah, it's just the best, dude, Like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: But we're not allowed to talk about it apparently because kaelin Yeah is cutting the buzz. It is the best. It's the best time of year.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Can we we can talk about the season that it excited for fault? Yeah, I'm not necessarily excited for fall because I love summer so so much, but like, it is a fun time of the year because football is on the season is changing. It's like you're used to one hundred and twenty degree heat. But now you're getting like these eight degree days that are like perfect. You get your you get your pumpkin spice lattes at the coffee shop. Yah. Cells, Yeah, there's a lot. There's a lot to love about autumn, and you know, I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: They leaves, Kayla.
Speaker 1: Do you know football or when you go to the game, are you going to be like Deane, what's this? What's that? What's this?
Speaker 2: I watch? I think I can follow along pretty well, but mostly I'm just hanging out, not really paying attention too much.
Speaker 1: Oh I meant to say this too, So I heked at the mount the second and last mountain in Aspen last what would it be on Tuesday? On Monday today thursdays so three days ago, and it was the first snow of the season up there. And the leaves haven't started changing yet. But I do think the cold weather coming in is going to expedite the leaves changing colors. And our venue, can we at least say like this setting for the venue?
Speaker 2: Maybe not?
Speaker 1: It's in like a no, well it's very pretty. It's in. It's in, it's around a bunch of trees.
Speaker 2: Sure, that's fine.
Speaker 1: It's in an aspen grove, and the aspen groves are green in the summer, but there's like a two week window in Colorado where they turn this beautiful yellow color. And so I'm optimistic that we'll get some nice yellow color in the aspens because of the snow that because of the snow that they're getting right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's up? Yeah, But next week I'm excited we can share everything.
Speaker 1: I think we could share it all right now, but I'll honor your wishes and keep it all hush hush.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But then again, next week is going to come around and we're gonna be like, oh, well, I feel like we already talked about all this.
Speaker 2: It'll be like a two minute conversation, just.
Speaker 1: How that always goes.
Speaker 3: I feel like, because it hasn't happened yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know that's tough.
Speaker 3: Did you finalize your honeymoon quickly?
Speaker 2: Still working on it. It's really hard logistically South Africa, because so there's a hotel we want to stay in Botswana, and then it's North Botswana, and then there's another hotel in Namibia. I think I'm pronouncing that right. And it's like an eighteen and a half hour drive and I don't know the airport, so I just want to stay put for like a week or two.
Speaker 1: I am planning a mini moon for us, and I'll just say where we're going because you're gonna frash. Please, you're gonna find out anyways.
Speaker 3: Oh really, this is breaking news. We're going to find out where you guys are breaking news Madeira.
Speaker 2: I kept thinking you're about to say Maltese.
Speaker 1: No, No, I can't afford tickets to the Maldis. Like, that's mini We're going to Madeira.
Speaker 2: What the heck? Where is that?
Speaker 1: Exactly? That's great that you don't know. It's a beautiful now you don't have to look it up. It's okay, just a beautiful island.
Speaker 2: Where and how far is the flight.
Speaker 1: Off the coast of Portugal?
Speaker 3: No way?
Speaker 2: Oh that's amazing. I've always wanted to go to Portugal.
Speaker 1: Well it's not Portugal proper, it's Madeira.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: It's like Hawaii is to the US what Madeira is to the to Europe.
Speaker 2: Basically, can we also go to Majorca?
Speaker 1: I don't know where that is? We aren't you just there?
Speaker 2: And I want to go see it's the most romantic place ever.
Speaker 1: Well, Madeira will be great.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. I thought you're going to go somewhere like crazy and weird, obscure. This is great. I'm pumped.
Speaker 1: There's so many questions. Hey. Yeah, and it's nice because there is direct flights from JFK because typically you'd have to fly we'd fly Vegas to JFK to London or to somewhere in Portugal Lisbon, I guess, and then to Madeira. But we can fly from JFK to Madeira, which cuts off like twelve hours of flying.
Speaker 2: Amazing. That's a sick mini moon. It's like a honeymoon.
Speaker 1: Well, you're going to play in South Africa, so I figured out how playing this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been a headache. So thank you for planning tit for tit you know, yeah, that's not the expression.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's the plan. We I haven't booked anything yet, but I've been looking at flights and trying to plan it all. And we're going to go and I think we can bring alistair. It should be great. M that's crazy.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, story, he deserves a mini moon.
Speaker 1: He does deserve it. Be working hard. Well, that's gonna do it for this week's episode. Uh, this setup of us sitting across from each other.
Speaker 2: It's better.
Speaker 1: It's so much better. And I feel like you spoke so much more or freely, and you are way more. You just talked a lot more in this set.
Speaker 2: I'm becoming more comfortable as a podcast.
Speaker 1: Of course, taking your time, and you're great, but I feel like this kind of helped you because instead of conversation to the camera, you're talking to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Good, I agree.
Speaker 1: So I think this is something we're going to have to try and do a couple more times.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 1: Okay, great, that's going to do it. For this week's episode of Help We Suck At Being Newlyweds, Thank you guys so much for joining us. Be sure to tune in next week, where maybe we suck just a little bit less. Thanks for listening. Follow us on Instagram at help We Suck at Being Newlyweds and email us.
Speaker 2: At Newlyweds at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 1: Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. We'll see you next time.