Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: Hey are you not playing best Ball at DraftKings. My opinion, you're missing out. DraftKings Best Ball Millionaire Contest is their biggest fantasy contest ever, and that's saying something. They're taking fifteen million dollars and putting it into the prize pool. Fifteen million dollars. Two millionaires, not one, two will be crowned each week. Still not convinced, check this out. DraftKings offering everybody a Draft one get one special your twenty dollars entry fee and that's all it costs to get involved.
Speaker 3: Twenty bucks.
Speaker 2: This is really nice. Gives you a bonus ticket get in on the best Ball action. Download the draftking app takes ninety seconds to use the code colin cli n All customers who enter the NFL Best Ball fifteen million dollar Millionaire Contest get a bonus ticket and get a shot at being crowned one of two millionaires only on DraftKings.
Speaker 4: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia, visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight open wired text hope and y four six seven three six nine in Connecticut help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino when resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, VOYD and Ontario. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince CEE, DKNNG dot co slash bball for eligibility and deposit restrictions, terms and Responsible gaming Resources.
Speaker 5: What's up, everybody? Welcome back to the Draymond Green Show. I told you ah that Team USA would be brazil by thirty five, and we love to Brazilians, so it sucks that it had to be them. It's been a while since Team USA and the Brazilians have met in an Olympic game, but we love a Brazilian so it really sucks that it had to be the Brazilians.
Speaker 3: But it happened.
Speaker 5: Thirty five point win, Team USA are headed to the semi finals. We will talk about that. We will talk about France. France took down Canada and we must talk about that game because that one. It's just some interesting things coming out of that game.
Speaker 3: And so.
Speaker 5: We're going to get into that. We're also going to get into Serbia. Coming back on Australia. Australia. Australia fell into metal after meddling in the twenty twenty Games that happened in twenty twenty one, they medaled for the first time I think in the history of the country. Failing to do that this time around, Serbia walked them boys down.
Speaker 3: So we will get into that. And then last, but not.
Speaker 5: Least, we're going to talk about who I think is the second best team in the field. They say Wendy thinks a little differently. Wendy says, Wendy thinks a little differently. But why I think is the second best team in the field. Who is the biggest threat to Team USA? Although there is no threat to Team USA. But if you had to make a big, biggest threat, then you'd say them, there is no threat. We'll get into that, and then also three on three because I'm just a little confused by the three on three stuff, So let's get into it. We got to talk about the most exciting team, the only team that ultimately matters when it boils down to it.
Speaker 3: I mean, I take that back, I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: It does matter because like when Usain Boat was running, everybody else is fighting for silver and bronze medal and that is absolutely incredible.
Speaker 3: You know, when Usain ran, we all knew, like, all right, the most.
Speaker 5: Interesting part of the race was like, is you saying gonna take it serious enough to break the record or who's coming in second and third place? That's what you're looking for, And that's kind of what we're looking for. Is in basketball these days, like there's all this talk of that was all this talk of like oh man, like other countries are catching up to the USA and basketball, and it just does not quite seem that way. It actually seems total opposite. It actually seems like it's growing even further apart. Uh, Team USA is even better and so that's, uh, that's kind of where we are.
Speaker 3: Shout out to KD.
Speaker 5: KD became the all time scorer leading scorer in basketball in Team USA history, passing Lisa Leslie.
Speaker 3: Shout out to the O G. Lisa Leslie.
Speaker 5: That just by the way, for those of you out there that don't understand who Lisa Leslie is or how dominant Lisa Leslie was. Podcast dram Green Show Podcast Guests by the way. But for those of you that don't, that don't quite understand who Lisa Leslie is, Diana Tarassi is playing in her sixth Olympic games, and Diana Tarassi, as long as she's playing basketball, has been and will always be a bucket, no question. Kevin Durant for all time, just past Lisa Leslie. That's how good, that's how dominant Lisa Leslie was. And so for those of you young is out there that needed that lesson, there you are. And for those of you that just are out there and not hip to Lisa Leslie, that's crazy. But shout out to KD. That man is the all time leader scorer, all time leading rebounder, and Team USA history. And it makes sense because we know he is one of the greatest scorers to ever played this game and do love playing basketball, so he's always played and we all know how serious he take the game. So shout out to him. Deep book led everybody in scoring with eighteen points, which makes it four games, four different scores, four different leading scores.
Speaker 3: Why is that interesting?
Speaker 5: That's interesting because this is the exact reason why I say no other country has a chance like Team USA is all things considered twenty points better than any other country out there, all things being considered. And so this is why no other team has a chance because it's the fourth Perston. Like, by the way, if we played twelve games, twelve guys could lead Team USA and scoring and you're just not going to get that.
Speaker 3: So like.
Speaker 5: Serbia is up next. We played them once before and twice if you include the exhibition games.
Speaker 3: But the thing was Joker was great, he was incredible.
Speaker 5: Problem is everybody else is it, And so you can't be USA, like you can't be Team USA. And so now having a fourth leading scorer, by the way, book roll on this on this team is not the score. I mean, it's to catch and shoot. That's it. Defend. If you got to catch and sweep, drive, drop it off, kick it. But the office, by no means is built the wrong book.
Speaker 3: There's not with the exception of Luca.
Speaker 5: There's no other there's there's not another peer scorer from any country as a guard better than the book, not from another country. So that's why you're not going to be Team USA. It's not happening. It's not coming close. And you know, so look at that. Now Serbia comes back on Australia. Patty Mills. I told you about Patty Mills Man, Patty Mills and Fever y'all realized Patty Mills couldn't get off the bench on like three different teams this year. Patty Mills in Foba is one of the best players I've ever seen. It's crazy, and he almost willed them and they they got walked down. Though turnovers have been an issue for Australia the whole tournament. They had a couple turnovers down the stretch. Giddy Giddy, I think struggles with that. I know this to be certain from the NBA, but also Feeb's even a little different. Shout out to Charlie Giddy struggles with like the point guard's picking you up full every time and he flipped it at the end of the game. And Australia's headed home and Serbia's headed to me. Team USA. Now let's get into it, Wendy talking about Serbia is the biggest threat to Team USA.
Speaker 3: Stop it.
Speaker 1: Serbia is still the biggest threat to the US. And I know it's a tough sell because you say, well, they just beat them by twenty six. The only thing I can say about it is that both times the US played Serbia, they've been red hot from three point range. Red hot when the US plays Serbia. It's an uncomfortable style of game.
Speaker 3: And here's why that don't work.
Speaker 5: That doesn't work because they have Joker, no question, they don't have a guard that can compete with Tyre's Halliburton.
Speaker 3: That is zero districts to Tyrese Halliburton.
Speaker 5: But Tyrese Halliburton has been the guard out of the rotation in Team USA. Tyre's Halliburton is an All Star guard now two time All Star, He's going to continue to be an All Star, and Tyre's Halliburton is working soon to be one time going. Mellis is working on building a Hall of Fame resume that is currently the trajectory of his career. If he continues to do what he's doing, I have no doubt that he's going to continue to put the numbers up that he's doing, get the All Stars and all of the things, maybe be on Team USA again in twenty twenty eight. He's the he's the guard out of the rotation. That's the only reason I use Tyre's Halliburton. He's the guard out of the rotation with the exception of Team USA and Shae probably the best guard in the Olympics outside of Team USA and Shae. So again, Serbia, Serbia had Hollie a different story. They could compete more. They don't have to guard play, they don't have to play around Joker.
Speaker 3: To be able to compete with Team USA.
Speaker 5: And by the way Joker they were, I think even when Joker was on the court, it ain't gonna even be that way because now Team USA locked in, that's the first game of the Olympics, coming out the gate. That's always an adjustment. It ain't gonna even be that way.
Speaker 3: And that's no.
Speaker 5: Knock the Joker, but them guys around him and ain't gonna do it no chance. So there's that, Wendy, I totally disagree with you, actually, because the next best team.
Speaker 3: In the Olympics is Germany. They're the second best team.
Speaker 5: The gap between number one and two is very significant, but one and two.
Speaker 3: It's Team USA and then Germany.
Speaker 5: Y'all wanted to give it to Canada, but the reality is I told y'all about Canada, and we'll get back into it. Y'all wanted to give that to Canada, but they don't have the continuity that the Germanys have that these guys have been playing together for ten years. Canada just now coming, but they still don't have the level of talent that Excuse me, Canada still doesn't have the level of talent that Team USA has.
Speaker 3: So the problem that they have is.
Speaker 5: Coming together a few weeks before, Like Team USA, Dude, that's never gonna work. It's never gonna work. They depend a little bit more upon Dylan Brook's scoring. He had two points. Jamal Murray didn't have a great Olympics at all. Jamal Murray is an elite player. If Canada is going to compete on a level with Team USA, Jamal Murray has to be playing at an elite level. So I'm only saying these things to really try to help you honest, Like, stop the noise. I stop trying to compare people to the United States of America and basketball, and stop trying to make it like these teams can compete with Team USA. They can, and Team USA is getting away with a lot of stuff. Like I still don't understand the rotations. The only thing I understand about the rotation is that kdi ad Bam and Anthony.
Speaker 3: Edwards are going to play together, and to me.
Speaker 5: I think the one way to explain the rotations are they want those four players together.
Speaker 3: And so when you look at like.
Speaker 5: Joel in the lineup to out the lineup and like the different things, that's also a byproduct of those four guys being together. To me and watching it feels like and Joel played a lot better by the way today, like in the last two games. He's starting to find his way. But I think it's a big adjustment for him, Like he finded his way now, he learned how to play a role. And since Joelle been playing basketball, I'm not sure excep when he was like, well he wanted.
Speaker 3: The video or the Mount Verd where he was under the rim and through it.
Speaker 5: He I don't think he's ever played a role outside of the role that he plays, and so I think he's starting to make that adjustment now and learning how to play that role. And now he's looking a lot better and fitting in the team USA. But he was kind of on the verge of being all the way out, which the one game we did see that.
Speaker 3: And however, I think one of the things that.
Speaker 5: Kept him in was they didn't want to split up A, D and BAM and now he's founded and Joel finding it.
Speaker 3: That's great for us. So however, but then he didn't play in the second half, so get it.
Speaker 5: Little confused about the roads, but anyway, and saying that, then JT didn't play like the first fourteen minutes of the game or fifteen or thirteen fourteen minutes, and then he did, So I'm just a little confused by the rotations. But nonetheless, even and not figuring that out, no one's twenty within twenty voice as good as Team USA, and so that's interesting. So in moving to the other side of the bracket, obviously we hit on Germany a little bit, but France very interesting France game for France, Joel andb coming out of the lineup on Team USA, like it's crazy, right, Like, but.
Speaker 3: I get it. Anybody coming out of.
Speaker 5: The lineup on Team USA is actually crazy, but I do understand, like everybody can't play, so I get it. But like to be taken out of the lineup on any other team in the Olympics as an NBA player.
Speaker 3: Not named Team USA is kind of crazy.
Speaker 5: And Franz had a very interesting plot twist going on Big Rudy Gobert said he he had surgery on his finger or something like you know it ain't going well or some surgery on his finger. Francis coach said he thought the matchups was an issue and so Rudy didn't start because of the matchups.
Speaker 3: According to Rudy, it's because of his finger.
Speaker 5: We don't know what's true. I don't think we have any reason to believe Rudy's line, except for the coach saying that it was for matchups, and in turn the coach saying it was for matchups. Yabusele, who was drafted by the Boston Celtics, who also gave us in game one when we played them the first time in twenty and twenty one in Tokyo, he gave. He got off a little bit when we played them in the gold medal game. We shut that water off. But he can play and he physical heavy. And I told y'all Canada, they ain't had no bigs and feeb You need some bigs like and by the way, they don't have to be these big, clunky bigs that everybody be having, because in.
Speaker 3: Twenty twenty me and Bam held it down.
Speaker 5: But you need bigs that know how to play the position, that know how to protect the rim, that know how to hold it down, that know how to box out. Javel also played a role. Canada don't have that, and in turn, y'all gave them problems because the matchup was better, I mean French at least. France coach says the matchup is better, So y'all but got off and quite frankly, their coach said the match ups was better. The proofs in to put in, but we don't know who's lying. I'm I'm gonna mess this name up. But lessort he also played well. Matchup is probably a little bit better. And in the three minutes that Rudy checked in, Shase started getting off like that's when it started to turn the corner for Shah and then he came back out and I think his finger.
Speaker 3: Was messed up.
Speaker 5: So we don't know quite what's coming out of the French nowational team side.
Speaker 3: Uh seems like a little bit of a misunderstanding.
Speaker 5: Nonetheless, the guys that were supposed to be better as far as the matchup, they got off and France is moving on and now they're moving on to play Germany. And Winby had a rough night, but because Coach knew that the Bruisers would get off and the matchups were a little bit better for them, Winby's bad night didn't matter.
Speaker 3: Coach actually probably didn't expect.
Speaker 5: Weinby to have a great night because he knew, like Dwight Pile was a little strong and a little physical. Winby still figuring out the feeble play too, because it's more physical, so he's figuring that out. So Coach probably didn't expect Weinby to play great. But Coach said, I can't have both of my bigs not playing great, and well, you decide who gotta go. I know who I picked, but you I leave it to you to pick who gots to come out. And the adjustments work, and now they're to face Germany, in which Germany has the better wings, Germany has the better guard and more experienced like Dennis Schroeder. If y'all have not watched Dennis Schroeder and Olympics and Fever play, Dennis Schroeder get whatever he wants.
Speaker 3: He's in total control of the game.
Speaker 5: And now Franz Wagner is playing at a totally different level. And by the way, if you never seen Dennis Schroeder. Dennis Schroeder is one of those guys that give God's confidence, so Fran even turn it up more more. Wagner plays a huge role off the bench. I just don't think France have enough to be Germany, and Germany is the second best team in the Olympics in my opinion. And so that's what I got happening. I got USA will beat Serbia by twenty two points and Germany will be France by six or seven points, and then it's time for the gold medal game. In Team USA, we'll walk victorious with another gold medal, our fifth gold medal in a row. And everything's happening in the world the way we thought it would, the way we thought it should and we're moving on. But speaking of Team USA basketball, I could not help but watch the other day our three on three team, and I'm so baffled.
Speaker 3: Why, Like, why are not young NBA.
Speaker 5: Players on the three on three team, like guys that A has not gotten an opportunity to play on the national team yet or B guys that may never get the opportunity to play on the national team. I don't understand why they're not playing because, by the way, say you play three on three and you great, and you do that three four times, you become a three on three legend in the Olympics, And like, who doesn't want to be a legend.
Speaker 3: It don't always have to be.
Speaker 5: It ain't gonna be the Olympics for everybody, excuse me, the national team for everybody. It ain't gonna be that way for everybody. So if you can get in that three on three, I don't understand why we don't have NBA players playing that and dominating that as well. It's basketball. Those guys stay in the same hotel, we stay in it. It's Team USA Basketball, so it's basketball.
Speaker 3: We should be dominating.
Speaker 5: So it's crazy because the other day I was sitting here and I just thought about some young guys that three on three team that I will put together to dominate and Nasried animal nas Reed would destroy him. Dudes, Nasried guys fits in the league. Everybody nas Reed. Jalen Green, you got Nasried, You got Jalen Green, you got like big Jalen Duran. And then a fourth, I think he's above Well, here's the thing. Number one again, this is about building a resume. However, I think he's on his way to being a superstar, and he'll probably be on the next team USA Tyrese Maxi. But like, imagine Maxie and that get his first gold medal. It's maybe a year late in Maxie's development, depending on how serious everyone takes it. But in twenty twenty one, I watched Kelsey Plumb on that team. I watched Jackie Young on that team. They went and want to they went and won a gold medal. So when they win this gold medal, this ain't going to be their first gold medal. This is going to be their first national team gold medal. But they could already walk around. I'm an Olympic gold medalist special, it's special.
Speaker 3: So I can't.
Speaker 5: Understand for the life of me how that three on three team was the team that we ended up with.
Speaker 3: I am baffled.
Speaker 5: Shout out to the ladies three on three team winning the bronze medal, but need them to go get that gold in LA. But shout out to the ladies. I think it's amazing, bronze medal, incredible. We gotta get gold in LA, though, and then let's get some NBA players on this three on three team in LA. So I can tell you what you would have called me in twenty fifteen, before two thousand, I would have been on there crazy. I ain't get an Olympic gold medal, So that gotta be fixed. Gotta be fixed, Sean Ford. We need to fix Big Dog. We gotta get the pros on that three on three team. And I hope these guys understand. Man, you better go get your Olympic gold medal because I tell you what, next show, I'm gonna have both of them on y'all. I tell you what, man, it ain't nothing the feeling at this thing. Every time I pick this thing up, it reproduces some crazy feeling that I have. I promise you go get you one. And if it's three on three, so go dominate them dudes, maybe you do it three or four times, and like you're the legend in that because by the way, we all grew up playing.
Speaker 3: Three on three and like you want to dominate, so why not?
Speaker 5: So we gotta fix that Team Usay, we gotta fix it, Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: We got to win three on three. And other news.
Speaker 5: As we wrap up speaking about Team USA, take it Home and Go Metal Shams is reporting that Laurie Marketing is about to sign a huge contract with the Utah Jazz, making him untradable for the next year. Signing that big extension. I think that's great for the Utah Jazz.
Speaker 3: You know, there was a lot of talk that they were going to move him.
Speaker 5: Danny Age is always up to something now no, uh, But shout out to Laurie Man, get your bag. Love to see guys get paid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and moving on in sports media because.
Speaker 5: That has been talked and it just keeps it keeps popping up in my Instagram algorithm, Like like why y'all, Like, don't keep showing me that. I don't want to keep seeing that now. But shout out to Laurie Man. Haven't quite signed the contract yet, man, that was a bluff.
Speaker 3: Who knows.
Speaker 5: But if he does sign it, shout out to him. I love to see guys get paid. That's a rap from this episode of The Draymond Green Show. We will chop it up again after USA earned their spot in the gold medal game. Oh and by the way, shout out to Gabby Thomas taking gold in a two hundred meter final gold medal amazing.
Speaker 3: To see her stride was crazy.
Speaker 5: She came out that two hundred and opened up, they couldn't keep up. Also, shout out to Brittany Brown taking the gold, taking the bronze medal home. Uh just short will at the end of that race to get over taking the metal home. Shout out to all the gold medalists, silver medalists, bronze medalists from America. That's what we care about, that's what we love. Until next time. That's a rap. Go Usa Peace Volume