Speaker 1: We're slay slay.
Speaker 2: Me if you watch your coffee time the baby you know the name Flame, my bro also known as my ro Flame.
Speaker 3: Come in with last and come in with Jim Love Loundes.
Speaker 2: Baby, you better catch it when you can drop a knowledge from fatherhood to politics.
Speaker 3: Shouting now comics, just paying homage. What's up? Tests?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You know she raised shot Towns on speaking to the grown a second year.
Speaker 1: We're gonna laugh to kind.
Speaker 3: Of the kicking and at the end we leave it with just a lifted spirits. Think you want to revisit so your first second listen, young folks, so you's list Oh folks that we think it's good.
Speaker 1: Hey, no, fish, do what you do?
Speaker 2: Hang?
Speaker 1: No this do what you do? Hang? No kiss you what I do?
Speaker 3: No fish?
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, hey, welcome to this week's episode of Laughing Alert. Ladies and gentlemen. Listen. We are so glad you're here, my co host, my beautiful Bobby Cliff and to see Hi. You to it. And we just want to start off by saying congratulations to the Philadelphia Eagles for capturing the Super Bowls fifty ninth title about fifty nine and Philadelphia Eagles, they didn't shut out Kansas City. But they did pretty good. I'm telling you those boys from listen. I thought, I personally thought that that Kansas City was gonna do way better. But ooh, the Philadelphia Eagles say, we hungry and we wanted and it was forty two twenty nine and they barely got them twenty nine. They got them at the very een.
Speaker 3: Body, what do they say any given Sunday, It's just it's just mojo from what I hear because I didn't watch it. I'm a New England Patriots fan, and we have done so shitty over the past few years that I was sour grapes this year. I just didn't want to watch it, but it sounded like Kansas City could just couldn't kind of get it together. Let me ask you a question, because I feel very old and very white.
Speaker 2: What did you think you are? Very white? Now?
Speaker 3: What did you think of the halftime show? Because I watched it after because there's been so much haullablue and I thought I couldn't understand the GD word he was saying.
Speaker 2: I don't know, so let keep so let me show you where me and you are the same person in this country, same age and same demographic. I don't understand all the words too, not like us either. I know the message behind the song. And then I had to close captioning on so I could catch it because gird that rappers a little too fast.
Speaker 3: For me, and I was like, I don't get it, and.
Speaker 2: I understood the message behind it. In the game, he used the game controller console and the prison records and then they used the red, white and blue and it hit all black dancers. It was a message to black people in this country that we really need to stand and band together because we are in a full on war with this new administration. But it was a cultural divide, and he stood in the middle of the red and the blue. I'm telling you, Bobby, it was so many subliminal messages. But let me tell you when I knew it was gonna be gangster, because I was not sure that Kendrick Lemar was actually going to do not like us, because that's supposed to have been a beef rexween him and Drake. But when he had Sam Jackson comes dressed up as Uncle Sam, I said, all shit, the niggas is about to go. Grace.
Speaker 3: I didn't love it. I loved that, but I don't think I have to be honest. I don't know if it's age or a cultural thing. I didn't get all the subliminal messages. I got the so people were also complaining about like dancing, But I think it was a great show. He was there, he entertained. I kept my eyes on him. It wasn't like I was off looking at somebody else. But I didn't get I don't know his beast with Drake. I don't know Drake. I didn't get the you know, the tennis place Serena when she came in, I didn't get that. I loved the crip walking, but I didn't get that.
Speaker 2: Let me explain everything. So Serena Williams is an ex girlfriend of Drake Scissa, So it's Sissy who was both in his performance Serenity of the crib Walk and Sissy used to be Drake's girlfriend. So all of that was throwing it. But okay, I'm gonna ask you as a white woman and as a straight white woman, and I know you've never been with, you know, somebody like Kendrick Lamar, but was you checking out those stats and those jeans and tell the truth of Shade the Devil's body.
Speaker 3: You know, I gotta be honest, because he said the drawers were going to fall off when he got really low with the pants, I'm like, oh Jesus, I hope they stay on and when he goes and stands up. No, I was actually I was trying to pay attention and see if I could see what the controversy was. But I didn't get it. I thought it was a solid show. I mean, I've seen on the shows that I wanted to go to sleep at. It held my attention to the whole.
Speaker 2: You're about to entertain. I'm not asking you about the entertainment right now. You did you look at him as the main.
Speaker 3: Isn't he Isn't he only in his thirty so I'd be like a dirty old woman that's like my kid's age.
Speaker 2: It's plinty teachers out here. That's dirty old women. Okay, not this, not this one now.
Speaker 3: So No, I wasn't. I was looking at him for entertainment factor. He seemed to hit every verse, every rhyme, like everything he was spitting. I just couldn't hear it.
Speaker 2: So let me tell you what I was most impressed by with Kendrick Lamar as not only a storyteller, but a rapper. The fact that he did that thirteen minutes. There was no loud sound beats in the back rappers, there were no hype men, there were no this man and kept his breath and and walked and performed and danced and kept up. That was thirteen minutes of constant movement in front of a huge artist. But Kendrick Lamar is more than just your everyday rapper. He's feel surprise winning. He's won twenty two Grammys, he also had an American Music Award. He had all black people on the stage dance, and I know some people are offended by that, but sometimes we had to put white people in because we had to. White folks ain't never had to put black folks in because they had to. He did what he wanted to, and I thought that that was giving a message we are here, we're doing it our way. And I thought that was great by me. And I don't want to wait a minute, hold on it for you cut me off. I don't want to push that whole racial divat, even though our country is a huge racial divat right now. He showed so much authority as a black, proud black man that hey this is what I want to do, and then he teased us were They said, I don't say it because they like to sue. And then when he dropped it, Bobby, I was like, oh, yeah, but I'm telling you I already knew it was about to get gangs because anytime Sam Jackson is involved, because Sam Jackson is black, and the black Black double Black Tuople black. It was fantastic history. It's the most watched halftime show in the history of the Super Bowl. One thirty three million people watch.
Speaker 3: I don't know what they watch for.
Speaker 2: I don't care if they watch for good or for bad. The fact is they're watched.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, he So here's what I didn't even notice. I didn't know noticed that it was all black people performing. I just noticed the performances. I've said that you before. I looked at people for what they're doing, and I wasn't looking at faces. I was looking at movements. Everybody was in sync, everybody was on, they followed him. It just I thought it was for me, an entertaining show. You know, I didn't notice any of the negativity because I said, God, I am I am not woke or him because I'm not I'm not picking up on it. I thought it was great.
Speaker 2: I was very proud that Kendrick Lamar on that platform, the one of the largest platforms in the world, to showcase that he proved he still showed that he was a black man. He still trades, he still trade, stayed true to his race, and he didn't conform to be with a popcorn singer or what somebody else wanted him to be. He said, you picked the revolution will be televised, and he said, you picked the right place with the wrong guy, and he went for Bobby. That was for us as black people, especially in the oppression that we've been feeling for all this time that we've been in Americans. Because I've been a black for at least thirty nine years, I said, at least I thought it was. It was it was freeing to say, hey, this is who we are. And it wasn't that he did all black to prove that he didn't have to use white, but he did it all black because he could do it all black. There have been times, Bobby where you that you had to implement other faces, even with white people, they had to implement I'm doing what the fuck I want to do, and it was. It was brilliant. It was, it was And you cannot be an artist to me and these other words of Nina Simone and not be socially conscious of the times that you are living in. He reminded us with the platform that he had and with the magnitude of starting that he has that I'm still very well aware. I'm still one of y'all. I'm still in this fight with y'all and standing next to it. That was to me, Bobby. I was so proud. And I know he's a young man and rap a really my thing thirty seven. The messaging of what he speaks, because it's not just this, it's just not just his b song. His rap is powerful, it is informative, it is courageous, it's powering. Yes, he is a poet and in a positive way, not blow up the schools and shoot all the bitches. And no, he is a voice for our people. And I think he's great. I think he's great.
Speaker 3: You know what I else noticed, But maybe it's my deaf years. I didn't notice the N word every other word too. You know how a lot of the he took him out.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm telling you this is how kind he was. He took him out. They are in the song, but he did not do him on the TV.
Speaker 3: Well, and I appreciate that because it's a for you know, there are people who don't like it for all sorts of reasons, but I like I like not having it. I thought it was just as powerful and I pactful. I sound like I needed subtitles or something, though, because I un here, I'm the nineties hip hop I'm a nineties hip hop kind of gal. I can get all those news.
Speaker 2: You're a turtle rapper. That's what me too. Me too.
Speaker 3: Looking at his lips, I'm like, what does he say? I couldn't get it. And then I said, you know what I'm going to have to do. As I'm catching I'm going to have to go on and listen to a few of his sons and then pull up the lyrics so I can actually see how impactful and powerful it was. But I didn't think he missed anything. He had a great flow. I liked the people here. I mean, I got it. I don't understand why people are dissatisfied with the show.
Speaker 2: The pushback is from people who just didn't like that he pushed a positive message, especially about fighting back, not even fighting back, but just standing up for who you are as a black person or somebody different. And the fact that they're so used to so much pomp and circumstance, the flashing lights and the booms and the bands. I it was like, this is all talent. So if you looked at it for jess entertainment, which I was entertained with. But you know, when you're so used to having Dona Ross come with the helicoptersday, you know, Michael Jackson popping up in the but this one was a positive message of what we are right now in this world. And I say that to say this that that was so prevalent to me as a black person, because yesterday I went to a screening at the Black African Film Festival BATH, which I am a part of because I'm in a little short call we got ours, It'll be our shul you guys look for And so what they did was they showed a bunch of different shorts and there was a documentary Bobby called Sweet Santa Barbara Brown. That's what it's going to be called Sweet Santa Barbara Brown, which is about a story about the Harlem Glow trotller Harlem Glow Trotters in nineteen eighty three were doing an exhibition game in Santa Barbara, California. Mind you nice, it's forty three years ago, nineteen eight, fortyeen years go, nineteen eighty three, and they were in the barber before the exhibition game and four black men had robbed the bank. Appareality that we can. So the four black men that robbed the bank were between five, six, five seven, you know basketball players. Hallm Glow tried a six three sixty six sixty seven, but they didn't look at the height. They saw four black men. They put chatguns to the head sprawled them in the middle of the street because they saw four black men together. It was such a powerful story. And I was so unfamiliar with the bobby. So you guys look up. That story happened in Santa Barbara, California. And when I say that story, to say that that was nineteen eighty three, which was forty two years ago, that story could have been on the news this morning and it would have looked like we have not moved the needle one oda period. We are still in the same goddamn place.
Speaker 3: They were held for thirty minutes. They were made to get out of a taxi at gunpoint. They had to lie down the street. The owner of the jewelry store that was robbed said, touch on them when they pulled them out. So I know exactly what you're saying. As far as height, I think I think they didn't see the hype because they were sitting down. But who robs the jewelry store and takes a taxi?
Speaker 2: Well, it wasn't about that. That was completely about racism. That was truly what I say. What I'm saying about it, I'm saying the moral story is that we are as black people, so we're in the same damn place, like we just went in a fucking circle. And that hurt me to hear that body, but it made me know that, oh my god. So for all the work that so many of our civil rights leaders, so many of our black leaders, so many of our people who just see other people for who they are, have pushed forward, we allowed and voted for or allowed this person to get in office and dismantled everything that our country was supposed to be looked on. I'm telling you, baby, we're in the crisis that y'all don't even understand.
Speaker 3: I look at what Joe Biden was trying to do, and he's undoing everything that Joe Biden by by putting in female judges, black judges, he's undoing that. We'll think of any of our old shows played from when we grew up. We watched it on nick at night. We didn't watch it in live person. Think of Maud Jefferson's Archie Bunker. You know, any of the Norman Lear shows, Golden Girls. You could bring any one of those shows back today and just refresh the names and the subjects will be exactly the same.
Speaker 2: That is that is not speaking very uh, that's not good for us to say that America is supposed to be the strongest and the oldest and the you know, the richest, and that is that is very disheartening, Bobby, to us as a community or as a country to be like, damn, we went all the way back to Square Wine.
Speaker 3: Well it is. And let me tell you, the rest of the country is probably loving I mean, the world's probably loving it because they always thought we were the shining star on the hill, that we had big egos about it. But and now we're kind of getting our come uppins. I mean, this week alone has been you know, the biggest cabinet approval was Telsea Gabbard gun In and what I found I was actually shocked by because he steps in line. The turtle steps in line every time other than when he stepping down the stairs and falls. Mitch McConnell voted against it.
Speaker 2: He damnse fed on it. That's why he voted against it, because he fed on the stairs and booked to see it. Because you know, he was a bit of He would have been a woofs and roll with the pack.
Speaker 3: I think this one. He talked about it at the beginning. Her comments, whether she means them, she does, I mean, she's very wish why she to begin with, she was a Democrat from like I think it was two thousand and two to twenty to twenty two, and then from twenty two to twenty four she was independent, and then from twenty four to now she's a Republican. She's kind of moving and we do grow. There's nothing wrong with that. People grow, But she just made too many too many. She hasn't denounced Putin or things that he's done. She wouldn't say that snow was was guilty of treason. She just didn't feel any of that, which scared people. And when you get old, tiny people like Mitch McConnell, you know, who are I think when push comes to shoves, Mitch mcconal even Lindsey Graham and he's not my favorite person. They believe in the Constitution and and so it scares me when these guys are going to retire, even though it's like the devil, you know, and so it scares it scared them. See, they they're seeing and hearing more. They were in those in those meetings, they were asking the questions, and you know, if they got it, if he got a certain vibe off of that, I think that's valid. I think we should be paying a little bit more of attention to the vibe.
Speaker 2: A bunch of I think a bunch of the old heads are going to bow out. And I think if they don't bow out, they're going My thoughts completely that they're going to be threatened with they're going to lose their pension or they're going to lose their security. So I think that, like you said, Bobby, in their positions because they do follow what the Constitution was, or at least want to follow close to it. I think that they will be removed or forced forcibly, forced to retire. Let's say it like that. If they don't really fall in land, and if it's too much for them, they may just bow out by because they don't want to be affiliated with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think McConnell, if I'm not wrong, I think I believe he said when he stepped down from a leader leadership position, this is his last term, so he only has a couple more years. So you might see a little bit surprisingly ota Mitch McConnell of no, because you.
Speaker 2: Miss McConnell don't know if doing number one is doing number two or doing number three? Girls, stop it. He on his way.
Speaker 3: He lost, he lost, he lost his fuddy. You gotta pay attention. They get a little stiff. We saw that with poor Joe got a little stiff. It's funny. His mom was like ten years older than Joe is now before she passed, and she was very light on her feet when they would getting when he was VP. So I got he'd age that way, but he unfortunately he didn't. Did you see that? I'm gonna joke with you, your guy. I can never say it is it Govach It.
Speaker 2: Blagoyevitch. He was the governor of.
Speaker 3: Cold You see, he got he pardoned him, and they asked if he would consider appointing him to Serbia or something, and he said, no, I'm not thinking about it, he says, but I would. This is what Trump said about Lagoyevitch. I can never say his name. I always saw his hair. I said, honest to God, he's got one hell of ahead of hair, that that fella. But yeah, I mean, that's what this is. He's going to fill our ambassadorships and stuff. He's gonna.
Speaker 2: He's part. He Pardonedoyavitch, and allegedly he's going to pardon Mayor Eric Adams as well, the mayor of New York with all the scandal. But Bobby, let me tell you what was this heartening to me? Today? I saw an article about the farmers, a bunch of farmers all occasions, and they were all Trump supporters. And since they voted for Trump, they have their farm. They are in real lieu of losing their lablihood, their farms and their equipment and everything because they feel like they were bamboozled by Trump, that he sold out USA. And they just usaid is how it is. And they are they are. They're regretting it like you wouldn't believe. What's your favorite land by? What are they doing?
Speaker 3: Fuck around and find out and they are sixty five percent of them, sixty five percent of the farmers voted for him. And there are multiple things that are happening. So one of the things that Trump ran on, which unfortunately is wrong, and Joe said this and his Trump's press secretary was talking about it today pricing and you know the because inflation has gone up a little, it's up to three percent, and of course she was blaming Joe Biden and his administration for it, and they were talking about food prices and that they're not coming down because presidents don't control pricing. So but he could help the pricing. So what he has done is he's talking about the tariffs and he's going to put tariffs on anybody that puts them one up us. But he's going to put a twenty five percent steal tariff. And he has put other or threatening other tariffs. One of them is seed, so we must not get all the seed here or something. These are some of the things the farmers are struggling with. And then the deportation and between all of that trifecta, they don't think they're going to be able to keep their farms because they for the said that you were just talking about, they feed the world, so they feed I think they were saying they have fed over thirty million children from around the world that are in desperate need, so said or USAID gave the work to our farmers in probably many other countries, and they're growing and producing whatever they need to send to these countries. So if they're cutting this department, which they're trying to do, if they're cutting the department, that that work goes away. And so what are they growing? What are they doing? What are they they counted on this? A lot of this work is already somebody, Like the food is just sitting in a holding pattern. I guess it's already been paid for or you know, it's it's already been grown and it's looking to go over and it's just gonna rot. So I don't know what's going on. I mean, somebody's gonna somebody's gonna do something or shake it out.
Speaker 2: He may and he may they may make it loud enough think to where he may come and bail them out, you know, be caught. But but now you know, they have to look themselves in the mirror and be like, oh my god, why did I vote against myself? They knew what he was planning to do, or he lied to them.
Speaker 3: They didn't believe he didn't he didn't believe. I think he said he ran on all of these things, but some of them was so outrageous. I think that people didn't didn't realize he was going to do it. What other people didn't realize as well as what we're seeing is Elon Mosk having so much power influence. You know, a billionaire who was not elected is in there doing things for his interests, so us A I d You know, he's trying to get rid of get rid of that that group, because of that department, because it is a thorn in the side of China for some reason, and he has lots of dealings with China, so he is trying to assuage. That's what they were talking about on CNN today. He is trying to assuage now, but that's not right. And again it's going to shoot our people, our people in the foot. It was funny. I was watching Chris Cuomo or listening to Chris Cromo's podcast earlier today while I was doing some busy work and one of the by the.
Speaker 2: Way, we get the hots for Chris Cmo. You know what it is.
Speaker 3: I think he's fair. So there are certain people because I don't like he was very hard on Biden, but some of the reasons with a transition, him not stepping down after two years. But I and I agree with him. I don't like it. It doesn't make me happy because I love Joe and I think he was ann you know, full of integrity and all that stuff. But I think he's spared of both sides. But he was saying somebody he was doing an interview, and the other person said something about the relationship between Elon Musk and Trump, and he said, well, what I'm going to say to you is this one year from today. He wasn't like you where he's given him two months, but he said, I can tell you that relationship is going to be a lot different because Musk is stepping out into the spotlight and he's kind of which he did. He was speaking about Doge. I have never seen Trump is quiet. He's doing this this big press conference. Now I'm going to sound I had children I had a child, and I was with kids all the time. He brought his four year old. I don't know why. The kid's sitting there picking his nose, picking his ears, picking his us. He said something to a couple of things to Trump that Trump wasn't too happy. It just I didn't feel like it was the right place. But somebody mentioned one of the pass mentioned to Mosque that he said that fifty million dollars in condoms went to Gaza, and that was incorrect. They went to Oh my god, I'm gonna I'm gonna lose it. It's a town called Gaza, but it was in Africa and it was so it was not fifty millions. The one thing I appreciated from him was he said, oh, he said, I'm going to say things that are wrong. Do you think that Trump would ever say that. He would never admit that he was wrong within anything. But don't say it. If you're wrong, don't say it.
Speaker 2: No agreement with Elon Musk at all. I think he is a rich madman and I put a post up to see it. They said that money came back happiness and he is a living proof of it. Because this is the richest man on the planet, and he seems to be the most unhappy person in the world. And as he is bringing misery to somebody else, you should be living your life like its golden and agree. I agree with you, body right. Trump do not want you out shadow Al Shannon his like you were stand in his shadow. And it just the pictures of it, the optics of it. We don't know what went on in that room, but the optics of it definitely looks like there is a puppet and there is a puppet master.
Speaker 3: It was Mozambique, by the way, I'm sorry, it'sui. They birth control was sent for women in Mozambique, so it wasn't even condoms. And then he's speaking about that, you know, while we shouldn't be sending you know, contraception or whatever, we shouldn't be paying for it, well, because we're probably giving them aid. And if women are not putting out the children because they don't want them, they're taking you know, willingly taking us, then we'll probably be paying less money for something else for a that we send. So there's you know, there's a sort of like a method to the madness. But I thought it was interesting he said, he said that he had that he had done something wrong. I got, oh, he's not going to be he's not going to be. Term's not going to be pleased with that to begin with some but he's not getting everything. The judge that the buyouts for the for the federal workers, there were sixty five thousand people that had agreed for the buyout. A couple of problems with it, so a Boston judge put a hold on it and they lifted the holds today. So what the lift was is because so I don't know if somebody can bring it back tomorrow again. The hold was is because the federal unions were bringing the case, and you have to have some sort of damages for the case. And of course the unions don't have the damages. It's their workers. So I don't know if a couple of workers were brave enough to bring forward. Of course God knows what will happen if they do, but you know they'd be able to break forward the case and not have the buyout.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: The other problem is is that we both learned from reading Rainbow and all of those all those conjunction, junction and all those things. The Congress holds the pirt strings. So Musk and Trump conscious say they're going to give buyouts. Where's the money coming from. It wasn't approved by Congress shop, so there's a no chance that some of these sixty five thousand could accept this flame but they get nothing because it's unapproved.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the thing. They're trying to just sign the Department of Education and so many other, so many other things because cour allegedly I've just seen on news earlier Elon Musk, who's over wherever, the department he's over, just got approved for like a three hundred and forty million dollars out of space something some kind of program doing for out of space that he's over. Just so they're moving money like you move money to pay bills, but they're moving money to take away from people medicaid and possibly housing. It is it's about to.
Speaker 3: Attention. I can't think it's on my phone, so I can't pull it up. But John Fetterman had a great had a great quote. I thought it was a great quote. Chris Chris Murphy from Connecticut, the Senator from Connecticut, didn't think it was as great as I did. What he basically was saying is like, don't cry wolf if we keep going off like crazy people, having all of these sittings and all this stuff that's all been going on all these three weeks, and we don't keep our eye on the pries of what's actually important to us, the things that we don't. So here's something that's ridiculous. Straws. Trump is bringing back strap plastic straws. He said, paper once explode and they're no good. Whatever that means. I've never had a straw explode. But I have to disintegrate if we all of a sudden, the turtle people come out and they start getting our congressmen and whatever involved in that that we're not going after the big stuff.
Speaker 2: You know, we're not.
Speaker 3: Going after the uh, the inflation that they promised on day one they were going to take down. That everybody is backpedaling on what is not happening. You know. I just we've got we've got to figure it out.
Speaker 2: Because he's got busy trying to he's too busy trying to infiltrate himself in places that is not going to now. Now he wants to take over the gods and strip and build these condos and god, all of that, all of that is behind oil and gas. All of that is behind oil and money, of course, but this is why we lose. And psychologically, they're the Republican Party, the trumpet. They're playing a game. Psychologically, there's all these big money, big money. They're playing a psychological game with the American people. So it's like if I threw ten things that you at one time, But if I threw ten big objects that to it one time, you can only focus on one or two that are going to hit you, so the other eight will hit you because you didn't see them coming. And that is how they're doing us. They're throwing it all at us at one time, and we'll focus on this and that, and then while we focus on this and that, they'll come up with some crazy story about, oh the the the eggs have got bird flu or the turtles are coming out their shelves and attacking people, just to throw us off of what their game plan is. Meanwhile, they're training is still going forward with no breaks because we're not paying attention to it.
Speaker 3: And you know what we call that. We call that distractions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Bobby, that's true, it is distractions. But Bobby, how we have got so distracted, Bobby that this is what the situation that we're in right now. The American people did it. We remember allegedly they you know, they they supposedly did something with machines. But it doesn't matter. People still voted for this, and a lot of people voted for this, and they are the ones losing.
Speaker 3: I believe it. We have to remember the people have spoken over a fifty percent of the voting public because I'm not going to say the population, because a lot of people sat home unfortunately and didn't vote, but over fifty percent of the voting population voted, and they wanted it because they thought that on day one inflation was going to come down, because they wanted less government. They didn't realize whole departments were going to be going to be wiped out and watchdog you know groups there is they're getting rid of, the the Watchdog consumer group they're trying to get rid of. There were a whole bunch of inspector generals, one for the VA. They were just they were let go as a two sentence you know, bye bye letter. You know, we're going in a different direction, whatever that is. And these are people that keep the trains, you know, going and make sure make sure that they're not you know that there isn't waste, that there isn't fraud, that there isn't you know all of that stuff. One of them, the one that's sold. The inspector general that was over I think his name is Missel. He was over the veterans, he was put in under Trump. Biden kept him. He actually went to the transition team and then all of a sudden got one of these letters. And these poor people, like the USAID people they're getting there, don't come to work letters at twelve forty two in the morning when everybody's sleeping. Well, I got news for your flame. I don't know about you. I am a asleep, but I get up in the morning and go I don't check my email. I just show up at work. So a lot of them, I bet we're trying to get in a building that was actually locked to them. So, I mean, there are all sorts of lawsuits going on. We talked about that before. It's going to be a big, fat waste of money. But we have to keep our eye on the prize. Please Jesus flame, let the Democrats be rallying and figure out what their messages going to be. We need a clear, concise message.
Speaker 2: We need, we need some Democrats with some backbones because this food say he's going to change, and they I think they have listed it on Google. They have changed the gop of Mexico to the gop of America.
Speaker 3: You know who hasn't done it? This is hysterical. I'm going to talk old school. I think anyone out age will get it. Map Quest still has as of the afternoon. That's it as the Golf of Mexico. So I mean, but that's the stuff. So we're looking at these things.
Speaker 2: Who cares it?
Speaker 3: It's the golf of America, you know, unless you're born today and it somehow stays through the next presidency, you know, the next four year kid's not going to know what that. Everybody thinks it's the golf of Jesus. There are names that change, and I still call people the wrong name it is.
Speaker 2: It is so sad too, because they are getting these not even warnings. People are calling them out. Senator to Nancy Mace called out on the Congressional floor today or yesterday about her her ex for her former.
Speaker 3: Fiancee, say, can you imagine U.
Speaker 2: And three of his three other men of some of the most heinous acts against women. Imagine it's including sex trafficking, rape, and other disturbing crimes.
Speaker 3: And happened two years in twenty two. It only happened three years ago when she was saying she was I think she has an attention problem, and I feel terrible for anything that, if anything actually happened to her and all of that jazz. But she seems to be a big, strong, strapping woman that's standing up on the congressional floor. She didn't say something three years ago, two or three years ago when it happened, you know, like she made it seem like it was forever ago. I don't know if he if her ACX is like, I don't know if there's an ulterior motive. I would hope to not. I hope people wouldn't use their crimes like this against you know, an AX. You know, I don't.
Speaker 2: Well, I hope she comes out well. To be fair, people are bringing up rape cases from twenty twenty five years ago, so you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, but no, But I just don't the way she made it seem like then. I am because she she it's spoken about that like a year and a half ago. I think she came forward a year ago. I thought it was something that was old. She didn't say it just happened to her. So yeah, I mean she went on for about an hour about talking about stuff. But in the meantime nothing, nothing really got done. Did you see.
Speaker 4: That, uh that two people were released. Uh, two hostages were released, one unnamed. He came from Belarus and the other one was a Mark Fogel. Trump jumped on that that you know that it was all him and his people absolutely did do it. But this this deal was two years in the making. There was a Pennsylvania teacher that went over there to teach and had a prescription. Why people would bring pot into a country all drugs are illegal over there, there's no medical or whatever.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something. After I watched Rindy Grinder, I'm not gonna have asked. I ain't taken another It could be a bear ass for ooh, that's real old school a bear answer. Nothing.
Speaker 3: No, I wouldn't. I mean, I wouldn't go, even though it's supposed to be an absolutely gorgeous country. I personally wouldn't go. But I was even thinking, I don't think I would take my prescriptions like I don't if I was going, I would stay like days that it wouldn't harm me, because I don't know if what I have a subscription over there is considered something. You know, I just I just wouldn't. I think you'll be very careful.
Speaker 2: You have to do your research. You have to research where you're going because every country has different laws, and like you said, Aboubby, for what you might think might be just anahistamy for your sciences, they can consider that some kind of drug. So you don't know, No, we don't.
Speaker 3: But I'm sure that this also has to do with something I So here's something to pay attention to to me that I'm a little scared with. So Trump spoke with Putin today. He also spoke with Zelensky. He wants to end the war. He is going to have some sort of meeting with him. So I'm sure. I'm sure that this case has been These people were released because Putin's trying to you know, you have to stroke Trump's has an ego, so you have to stroke them. So he probably released them. He got in return, Alexander Vivic. I think he was a cryptocurrency person that was a nonviolent so I have no problem let him go. In his own country, and he probably didn't want to and service time there. But they're going to speak. This war has to end, he said, which I agree, and he wants to discuss it. So he was giving a press conference this was it was this morning. I was watching it in the Oval office, and they ask if President Zelensky would be there, because naturally you would think all three parties, if Trump is bat as a mediator, you would have Putin and Zelensky because it concerns both of them. But they're not. They're leaving them out.
Speaker 2: It makes you wonder, It makes you wonder what's Trump? And so to Putin over Zelenski.
Speaker 3: I don't know what it is, but you know what, it really makes me wonder, and that some of the pundits, like some of the actual people in politics say, you know what could Putin actually give her?
Speaker 2: Do?
Speaker 3: Not much? He could influence some enough to think so he said, so anyway he did. Trump did say not this time. He was having Zelenski. That could be another meeting. But Putin could try to influence and say, you and I can do all the deals ourselves, we don't need anybody else. And that is that's against national security because then you then Kim Jong un and she and all that, they'll go off, go I'll go off, and the leaders in the Middle East they'll I'll go off and decide, you know, with one extra country what they're going to do that's in the best interest of the two of them versus that's how things work. Everybody's supposed to be involved. Everybody's supposed to get a say that's like dictatorship. You can't do that. That's not how we work. So I mean, Hegsath who said that the United States the platform on UH Ukraine getting into uh NATO. So Biden wanted them in NATO, but he said they have to be able to pay their way. The war has to be settled first. Then they have to be able to figure out how they're going to come up with because everybody puts money in a kiddy like does and they have to be able to figure that out. He says, we don't want them in NATO and that so this was like in direct I went, oh my god, I can't believe they're even coming out with us. At the same time that the chances that Ukraine will get back the land that Russia has already seized is like little to none, and you know, and Little just left town. So uh, that's the stuff that these distractions with straws like, don't pay attention to that crap. This is more it's a power grab.
Speaker 2: This is more important thing. I'm at your time. You focused on two, but then I throw some others something else, and it makes it is all the circle of distraction, Bobby, because the way the wagons are circling and we're trying to see where the gun is coming out. Meanwhile the Buzuka is on the other side facing that scared. It's monstrous. It is. It's monstrous, Bobby, it is.
Speaker 3: It's crazy. And I think that you and I even could agree. I don't think we have to create a new department, the Doge department, but we would all like to see waste, abuse and fraud go Somebody go into each You don't just cut it down. They want to take it from fourteen thousand mascas fourteen thousand employees to six hundred to run the country. You know, Trump told him, he came out in the interview and said that he could he can go into anything. He can even go into the Department of Defense. No, I don't want to cut the Department of Defense. It's pretty when democrats are there, it's pretty low to begin with. I don't think we need to cut I want to be safe. I don't want to be, you know, worried about we sleep well because these young men and women are willing to go and do the work. Let's keep them well armed and up with the best technology. I don't want to be cutting back on that.
Speaker 2: I'm wondering within him going to get into the Department Offense and all and them changing doing all the dee and roller back and all the transgenders that they want and they don't want in the military, and moovogle. If if we did go into a war, especially within another country, would they allow transgenders to fighting or would they decide to get up out they have horses and they put on their uniform and they go out. Then better because I don't believe that some of these leaders would No, I.
Speaker 3: Don't think I don't you know. There's a small Christian group who you pray it away and all that stuff. Those about the only ones that actually care about if there's transgenders and the As long as you're not I say to you all the time, as long as somebody is trying, not trying to recruit me. I could give a rats ass what what what somebody comes up with, and if they're willing to honor their country, as long as I already said to you, they're not like Klinger coming in a cocktail dress. I can give two ships what somebody does. If they're willing to put their life on the line so that I can live better, God bless them, because I don't have that. I certainly don't have that on that nerve at all.
Speaker 2: It is it is my baric Bibles to think that, like you said that they approved Tolci Gabbert Heck said so many people who are unqualified, And to me, uh, I'm not gonna say these people are more deranged, but their their ideology and there the way they talk about other people is it's scary, you know. And to a point to that, I'm like, I don't want them having any stay so over my life. But these other people he appointed and were approved because everybody's afraid. I was talking to somebody Bobby Earl yesterday earlier about you know what would have happened if Kamala Harris would have fought back and stood up because they kept saying it was election fraud. I personally believe that they petrified that woman and her family. That's that's what I believe. That's not that's not a message from that and learn or from Bobby Clifford or from ir or black effect. I believe that they and she got a messaging. Looking look at what they did to Nancy Pelosi's So how could you get into their house? Not you caught them on the street at the grocery store, on their way to the theater, inside their house up to the front door. So I just felt like that their reach was very long, and I believe that her, her family was not putting in the best position, and the Democratic Party didn't stand with her. Hell, we threw Joe Biden up under the bus. So when she first came on, When she first came on, we was, oh, kammla, team kamla, she's captain saber ho. And and then a week after that, Oh she's giggling too much, Oh she won't focus. Oh she's saying the same thing. So she chose her family over her country. And I'm telling you the way that they were with her because they didn't stand ten toes down as y'all like to say I would have chose my family to Bobby. I don't fault her if that was the case. I don't fault her at all.
Speaker 3: Oh I don't. I don't follow. I don't, you know, I don't falter as well. I think I think we need to pay attention. I think, I mean, there have been so many articles out this week that, you know, warning that we're really going to be in a constitutional crisis, you know, coming down because Trump is throwing everything against the wall trying to see what sticks, and a lot of it's having to go to the courts, you know, and there are so many legal cases and whatnot and what and they're hoping. I don't think he's doing himself any favors Trump. I think he should really be even himself crafting what he actually wants to go to the Supreme Court and making sure the right case is to back him because some of the stuff is so petty that's going they're going to vote it down. I mean, we've already seen him. They had three cases right at the beginning when he first got in in the week and they're like, yep, we're not we're not hearing that one. Nope, that's not the way it goes there. So I think he needs to be a little bit more clever, and I think he'll also.
Speaker 2: You think, who needs you think he needs to be a little well what you do?
Speaker 3: I think, yeah, I know, but he has to be more I.
Speaker 2: Think you're talking about right, I do.
Speaker 3: But I will say that Amy Comaic Barrett like I'm not. I don't care for her at all, but she's gone with the constitution each time so far. So if there's something that's literally spelled out in the Constitution and it's an easy, peasy lemon squeeze to read, I think that she's going to go with it. So he's got to be or his staff somebody has to be more on what they actually want to get there, Like they have to choose what's super important to them to get past. Is an immigration craft it better?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: Obviously supposedly he's he swore that it's not. It's too f and low, the the the immigration numbers he has to get there. He's finding out that it's not that easy. He said that some criminals are actually probably smart because it's not that easy. They've only Ice has only had like seven hundred and eighty seven arrests a day, and they want a lot more than that. But they're not finding the people, you.
Speaker 2: Know, because there is a look just like we had an underground railroad and people helped us. People are helping them, the Latino people, because there are some great people that might get deported just because a madman is on the loose. So I'm telling you a lot of people are helping people, whether they're hiring them out or whether they're just keep them on the low, whatever the case may be. And I applaud that because you put out a dog whilst that so many are bad, when so many were good and are good, and it was bullshit, and it was bullshit, Bobby, I am.
Speaker 3: I stand by that. If you you had a violent sellony here in the United States while you're here, I am happy to have them go back. I have absolutely no problem. Why should we be the ones that are footing the bell to heat clothed and all that stuff. They can go back to their country of origin. But I think finding the people that he key that are out on the street, it's it's not as easy as as he thinks, which you know, whether you know everything's that they're everybody. He's gonna find out he's only three weeks in. We have to see what his first hundred days are.
Speaker 2: Girl, are we gonna survive? Share? I don't know we're gonna make it the day sixty, but listen, whatever's gonna happen, we're gonna be right here. Reported we listen. We appreciate you guys coming here and seeing us here and listening to us here on laught a learn. Please download our podcast on iHeart, Apple, Amazon, Black Effect, the radio, the TV, the can to can, the walkie talk Because guess what, Bobby, what is the mount of Bobby? You do it? This week? I'm looking at your face. I'm only sitting a corner of your eyes like you got one at on me. Bobby.
Speaker 3: Oh no, that's terrible. I think my little piston in my chair, My fat ass sank the chair again. So I don't think you're seeing it. Yeah, for know, I only know my part. Mind is a terrible thing to waste.
Speaker 2: So here a laugh, Alarne. We are not trying to get you to change your mind. We are only trying to get you to use your mind because why because a.
Speaker 3: Mind and a vote or tibote to waste. Let's remember people less than two years until we actually vote for the midterms. So get your people out there, support them. You know it'll be It'll be really nice if we had a few more a few more votes, and we wouldn't be relying on Mitch McConnell not to vote a certain way.
Speaker 2: It'll be really nice if our Democratic leaders will get together now with a strategy and a plan. Get together now, and don't wait till the eleventh hour. Let's do this now because we are fighting a machine and the only way to beat this machine is by becoming a machine. Unfortunately, the Democratic Party is so separated, but I'm telling you right now we better come together because we're in trouble.
Speaker 3: I agree, I absolutely agree. Hey where are you? You're you're going on tour soon, but you've got You've got another gig, A couple of gigs coming up, don't you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. This weekend I will be at Oscars and Palm Springs. I'm doing some Tina Yeah. And then next week go to Tiffany Haddies dot com for the twenty six tour. We started twenty six city tour starting February to twentieth. Oh how excited? Yes, really, I'm excited to be working. I'm looking forward to the things that's happened. I want to say hats off to uh I, Senator what's her name? Her name is everybody bride. Even though on the floor they are disrespecting this woman, this trans woman, and who presents woman, who carries herself like a dignified woman, and they are they are just disrespectful in a way that is just unbelievable. But this is what you'll voted for, So this is what you wanted. That's the name of the episode too. The people have spoken, but they should have stayed They should have stayed quiet, and shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah it's only just begun. That's what I'd be thinking.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys, Thank you guys for joining us. You can follow Bobby Clifford where Bobby.
Speaker 3: Facebook, Bobby cli for Instagram, club for Bobby, TikTok Bobby cliffor Heard how about You and.
Speaker 2: Instagram, at Laugh and Learn podcast, YEP, Flaming Row on all social media platforms at Monroe Flame on Instagram. We appreciate you. Thank you to our producer mister Aaron. Hey Aaron, and we will see you guys next week. Be safe, be smart, think for you, be aware, pay attention to the distractions, and understand that cause it's pretty don't mean that it's for you. Producers, don't miss an episode of Laugh and Learn. Listen and subscribe on the Black Effect Podcast Network, Alright Heart Radio app or wherever you get your podcasts. Laugh and Learn Podcast is a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio. Our ejective producer is Tippany Hattish. Our theme music is by the one and only Chrissy Payne. Thank you guys, this is Flaming Row. Don't forget to laugh. Listen and Learn