Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. I'm Tim Steneveek along with Carol Masser, and we're joined by Bloomberg News equity supporter Nour Melinda Nora. What's on your radar today, Well, let's.
Speaker 3: Take a look at shares of Coretiva. That's taker Ctva here, and this is an agricultural products company. We saw shares that fell about five point seven percent at market close today. This is the most that we'd seen since April here, and this is essentially after Wall Street said that they are finding a potential breakup of the company. They're seed and pesticized businesses as a negative for the firm. They're saying that break up, the breakup undermines the product and financial logic. That was BI saying that, and then Bank of America saying that a separation to create two weaker entities. So, of course, as we're getting all of this uh digestion and people really just trying to figure out what this would mean, this break up here. Wall Street does not seem to be pleased.
Speaker 1: Here we we should talk a little bit about how this was a subsidiary of Dow DuPont and then there was a Qua spin off back in like pre pandemic, so then this would be like a spin off of a spinoff.
Speaker 2: Is that what?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I just these names that totally erase the history of a company, essentially.
Speaker 1: Please, I called the company today to figure out how to say it. Did you? Cheryl Master taught me this? Great.
Speaker 5: That's a really bad technique.
Speaker 1: So it's a great technique. What do they say, Oh, it's brilliant.
Speaker 5: You just call and they pick up and they're.
Speaker 1: Like, oh no, it's a recording sometimes too.
Speaker 5: But if they pick up, you say or whatever.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, so which one is it?
Speaker 3: Okay? Well, there we go. We have it.
Speaker 4: I've put up on real people where they're like, well, I can say, hey, I'm just wondering how this company name is set, because it's like some of these names are just made up, like Mandali's, Like, that's a made up name.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 5: Isn't that like a ride or a land in Disneyland?
Speaker 1: I don't know, go to Mondoli?
Speaker 3: Great anyway important company, Yes, one that I do know how to pronounce. Core Weaves get shared IPO this year, IPO this year. This is take or CRWV. Here we saw shares that were up about seven point six percent at market clothes and of course we know in Video is a shareholder of this company. In Vidia has agreed to buy cloud services valued at six point three billion dollars. Of course, as you'd expect, the stock had a nice pop today. This deal would require Nvidia to buy any access to any excess capacity not used by its customers, and this deal would run through twenty thirty two, and Video saying that the agreement guarantees AI computing capacity will be in place when needed to support startups and small to mid size companies. And I mean just since the IPO, if you look a year today, basis shares of core Weaver up about two hundred and one percentas closed.
Speaker 5: Core Weave has these big contracts, all of the hyperscalers Microsoft as you mentioned, and Video and name Vidia deal was announced a couple of years ago, right, So it's just but it gives it, I guess, some transparency and longevity in terms of understanding kind of the business to come.
Speaker 3: It's just such an interesting stock to keep an eye on it. It's what tripled since it's IPO. I mean, I guess for investors here, they're seeing some pretty nice returns this year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Microsoft are a huge customer of these guys. Right, let's go to Alphabet. This was a big day for this company.
Speaker 3: This was a big day. I mean, of course, we know this is a megacap that we all keep eyes on here, but Alphabet joined the three trillion dollar club. They are seeing that some of the key risks are seen easing here. We know that this is a very elite group to join the trillion dollar club. So I mean, this is super great for the company. Here, we saw shares of Alphabet that's taker Googl they were higher about four point five percent, and as you'd expect, its highest level ever. Just to call that out there, but this was essentially fueled by a long awaited anti trust ruling and second quarder earnings that showed demand for AI products is lifting sales here. So I mean, I'm just looking at the chart here, it's some really high up here in the green. Chears of Alphabet are up about fifty five percent so far this year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and was it City that raised I think their outlook not outlook, who's your price?
Speaker 3: Tast target company from two twenty five. They're pointing toward an accelerated product development cycle that's beginning to emerge, and they also point towards Gemini adoption both across the ads and cloud businesses here.
Speaker 5: So some of the regulatory legal overhang, right, it's gone a way, so it lets the company have I guess a more certain outlook visibility if you will goome.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was a shocked to see the move post Chrome ruling. That was huge.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I'm what everybody was like, doing this crazy like or people offering to buy Chrome.
Speaker 1: It seemed like perplexity made like a very unrealistic offer. Do we have time for one more?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Let me see the more in there, Tesla. We can't stop talking about that. Tak your tsla if you didn't know it already. We are seeing the stock popping, of course today because Musk bought one billion dollars worth of shares in the company. Of course, we're really been thinking about the fact that they were boosting its pay We've been talking about the board and this seems to be his reaction to it, so of course, shareholders, or please hear shares of Tesla up fifty percent. You're okay.
Speaker 1: It sounds like a lot of money. Billion dollars is a lot of money. But Elon Musk's net worth increased today by ten point two billion dollars.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so that's a nice return.
Speaker 1: So he buys I'll take it.
Speaker 5: He buys a billion, but make nineteen eight.
Speaker 1: Well it updated once again since I last said it's now Now it's ten point two, so make ten point two. Yeah, so that's fine. Rich, go on the Bloomberg terminal.
Speaker 3: A lot of days were fun function.
Speaker 2: This stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the it is market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.