Speaker 1: Hey, man, y'all know what it is. Man's KG certified today. We were the great Bones guy.
Speaker 2: Man. Pleasure to be here.
Speaker 1: Hey look man, welcome to certified.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I got to ask you, Bones, where'd you get your nickname from? Man?
Speaker 3: Man, I got it from a childhood friend. She goes by the name Chicken, and uh, so I was new coming around to the city. I was originally born in North Carolina. I came to Womington, Delaware, and I was a new kid in town. And I had went to this, uh to the to the gym, and it was a bunch of kids. You know, I'm just starting to get used to everybody. And a couple of days passed by, I ain't have a nickname. Everybody else had a nickname. And they're like, they seen how skinny I was. The girl says her name Chicken. She's like, uh, you know, I'm gonna call you Bones, and she's like, because you're skinny, I'm like, man, that can't fit me for real. Yeah, And ever since then, I just been This was like I was like a No. Ten And ever since then, I've just been my name. I ain't really go by my government name, and this bones has been my name ever since.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, so so in the in the sense of you've been playing balls since like eight or nine then.
Speaker 3: Really like before that, for real, I had the bottom line, I was too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just love basketball ever since.
Speaker 1: Who and your family with the connection of basketball, mom, dad, anybody.
Speaker 2: Just picked it up?
Speaker 3: And there's one from there. My brother used to play basketball. He played all way up to the high school. You know, he showed me the ropes and stuff like that. Ever since then, I just you know, going around the city of the city, you know, tournaments and tournaments and just playing and just you know, I got better working on my craft.
Speaker 2: And you know, now I'm here.
Speaker 1: You come from a big family.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a big.
Speaker 3: Family, but you know it's very it's a small city, but like it's family in different states. But we all really ain't that like lockdown like then certain states. Yeah, but like not everybody, but like not really a big family, but it's a big family.
Speaker 1: You know, I got you, I got you, I got you. Moving parst to it too, Yeah, Now is it true? Growing up you were a huge Hot Sauce fan.
Speaker 2: Yes, huge, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Everybody always asked me, like, you know, my favorite player growing up. Everybody thinks you know me, you know, and I just be like, you know, I'm gonna make people laugh about this, but it was hot sauce. And it's a funny story. I always like, I always talk about this. I come on from school and like, I eat the bowl cereal and I put hot sauce up while watching it while eating like foot pels or something.
Speaker 2: I put hot sauce up on my on my little phone or whatever.
Speaker 3: And then after I'm done eating, I go in the mirror with the ball and I just started to his moves. And then after that, I go to the gym and I just start like working on all his moves and just from there, like that's just been the guy who just showed me how to, you know, just just be creative with the basketball.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: He showed me how to you know, through all the churches, through the crossovers between the legs, and just get the crowd into the game, you know. And ever since then, I always shot out hot sauce.
Speaker 1: Sauce was different. It was crazy different, and you know it's crazy bones. His name went with his moves, you know what I'm saying. He was his moves felt like Hot Sauce. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, he shout the Sauce Man. He was a huge fan of the whole an One Movement.
Speaker 3: And One Movement, Professor, all of them, little, all of them. Like I used to watch literally them every single I never really watched no NBA players I was watching just dumb.
Speaker 1: The Professor actually lives out here, real, he lives out here. Uh, actually, we're gonna do something with him. I'm a huge fan of professor. The Professor I used to be with an one. Yeah and uh yeah, right. When are you familiar with the N one mixtaping all that?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, for sure. I got to catch up on the documentary that's his job. I watch that dope, no doubt.
Speaker 1: They gave you a bunch of insight to what was going on with it. Man, that stuff to hear. Man. Now, I got to ask you, now, who was your NBA kind of influence? If Hot Sauce was kind of your street, who's your NBA kind of player you went to that kind of like you know, I love his game.
Speaker 3: For for like you know, I always love watching AI, but I didn't never watch him live on the television like I was always watching the highlights and stuff like that. But and like I ain't gonna lie like it, like through high school all of that, I always always is big on this hot sauce.
Speaker 2: Bro, I'm notin't gonna lie KG. And then as the.
Speaker 3: Time going, like when I was in college, I had to study different players. Then I started getting you know, the Jamaal Crawfords and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: You know, guys who was similar type of gaming I have? So you know, it.
Speaker 3: Really wasn't like, oh, I was a diehard fan. I was little and now like damn we in the league. I'm playing to against him and stuff like that. It wasn't like that. But like you know guys like of course we all watched like Lebron and you know.
Speaker 2: Kobe MJ. But like they wasn't like my favorite players. You know.
Speaker 3: I feel like they didn't like have what I had, Like the Flairs. I feel like Jamal it was more similar games.
Speaker 1: Do you like the street Ball? Did you like the street Ball style? What do you like the yah? One of one of my favorite parts of your game, Bro is the creativity. Yeah, I'm thinking you about to take the layoff? How you know, look nigga, the floor up how you come down, bro, Bro, tell me how do you emulate street ball and actually put it into the professional game without the coach ripping your you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You know exactly what you're saying for For for me, like it's honestly it comes from playing, you know, and the hud you know, playing you know, outside and just working and just playing and not like overdoing certain moves and stuff like that, learning how to keep certain moves simple, but also keeping that flair and that swag with you, you know, and you know, guys like Ai had it, Jama stuff like that, And I just took stuff from different people's game and try to put it in my own flair. And now it just came, you know how it is now. But you know, sometimes in the game, I just know when to get a little saut see and no look past or something that, you know, so I know how to get the crowd into it, but at the same time not doing too much.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: You know who I like to bring up when you talk about this. I don't know if you know, the great Skip to my little you know, right for for sure. So so Skip got a rep right. It took Skip a minute to get into the league. But he went to college. He had this crazy street rep. Yeah, so when he got in the game, we was all like, he was look, he was like this, you know, he was like this, I can't really get it off.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Every now and then, like at the end of the game, you know how garbage got like a minute left, he was skipping, come there, skip And he played for a guy, George Cart. George Cart be like, look, I'm gonna put you in the game. Strip to my louse ship and so ray for the BEI here here pass the ball and we'll be like, nigga, what're you gonna bring out the skins? Like, I can't really get this.
Speaker 3: And I feel like it's certain moments when you can do it, you know, like you know, when he jumping in the air he skipped, I feel like you can do that and transition.
Speaker 2: Here and there.
Speaker 3: But like I feel like, if you're coming down the set play, you can't do that.
Speaker 2: He's gonna looking right exactly, the coach's going pull. You're like what you're doing all there?
Speaker 3: So I feel like it's certain moments where you can you know, have that flare and you know, same just be yourself. You know, that's how you grew up playing. You can't change that for you know, you can't change who you are. That's what got you here, you know, So you never let somebody just change who you are.
Speaker 1: I'm saying this because all your kids out here are pulling out your your moves at the wrong time of the game. If you're coming down and it's tied up and you want to do this, skip to my loose roll over and ship lord, it's time. There's times when you can. You can't pull that ship out first two quarters, you pull it out, third fourth quarter, This winning time.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you man, why VCU? Man?
Speaker 3: I picked VCU because they was one of the first teams that really recruited me, and I mean first colleges that recruited me.
Speaker 2: And also like I was.
Speaker 3: Going through a tragedy where I experienced the house fire and there was one like coaches who were just there for me, you know, through it all, and I felt like I just had that connection with them. And I had all the schools in the country at the Michigan Kansas you know, and stuff like that, but I felt like I had a real like close bond with them, and for me, it's always bigger than basketball for me, So I'm big on loyal t and family and just you know, having that type that type bond because everything always goes bigger than basketball, and having somebody you can go talk to and just have a real one on one conversation, you know, not speaking about any basketball you just speaking about real life situations. And for me, I never had a father figure, you know, in my life. So going to the coaches and talking to them about real life stuff, that's all I needed, you know, Like I'm away from my mom, you know, she's four hours back in Wilmington, Delaware, away from her, and I just needed somebody who was like a father figure, who can you know, talk about like the stuff because I never had that.
Speaker 2: So that was big for me. Man. That's that's really one of the reasons why I committed there.
Speaker 3: And ever since then, like I'm still locked in and tapped in with them, and uh, it's been just I feel like I never made the wrong decision going there.
Speaker 1: That's what's up. Man. What was what was playing at like good atmosphere, good basketball school.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so my first year, my rookie year, my freshman year, I had. It was really fun. The fans was there, one of the like the best fans in the country. But the second year, though, we got hit with the COVID and we had no fans. So we're just hooping with no fans. But with me, like, I ain't ain't mad to me. We opened baby like it's open gym. Now kg open, it's open gym. We got fans, it's no fans. Were just hooping, so it ain't really matter to me. And that was, you know, one of my best years. And I was just you know, my guy, I was just going to be drafted after my second year.
Speaker 1: What was it life? Being drafted? Bro?
Speaker 2: That's true, man, that was like the biggest mom in my life.
Speaker 3: Man, like just from everything that you know, like really like the whole process. I was coming out like the sixty six pick, like in a sixty six prospect coming out for the draft. But you know, I went through and I just better on myself, you know, and everybody was asking me, and I, you know, two feet in my one feet in. I always tell everybody, like, you gotta be two feet in if you're believe me, So you can't be one foot in and one foot out like if you believe in yourself, go do it and prove everybody wrong, you know.
Speaker 2: And uh, I went through every workout. I'm going out.
Speaker 3: Busting everybody, like I'm letting people know, like, yo, I'm here to stay, Like remember me draft first round, Let's do it, you know. And ever since then, like I always just had that confidence, like you know, ain't nobody gonna stop me from you know, achieving my dreams. And that moment, you know, being hear my name called on that night, I just hugged my mom and cried because just everything that we've been through, man, like it's just you know, that was just one of the best moments in my life.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: As soon as I heard my name.
Speaker 3: Called, we just dropped to the floor, like that's just everything that we've just been through, Like damn, like you know, we made it, you know now you can you know, I could live my live out my dreams.
Speaker 2: Mine. Ain't got really worried no more.
Speaker 3: And ever since then, like it's just been nothing but happiness and just blessings.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Now, I gotta ask you. Now it's snow in Delaware, right, Yeah, so when you got the dinner, you weren't really shocked that snow and ship.
Speaker 2: Yah no, but when I first landed it was hot as hell.
Speaker 3: I didn't know it was that out there, and everybody be like, you know, everybody think it's always so cold.
Speaker 2: Different bro, Yeah, it's so like.
Speaker 3: It feel good out there, and ever says, uh, you know, I got jacket there. There's snow for a couple of weeks, you know, a couple of times, but after that, like it's like it's like sunny for like three hundred or something like that out of the year.
Speaker 1: So Denver gets more sun than any city in the United States. Yeah, uber fact, I'm huge on Uber Fact. I got to ask you, bro, you play you played with the Nuggets. Actually I loved you on there. I loved that team with you on it, right, Yeah, tell me playing. Tell me what it's like playing with big fella man. What's the joker like, bro, Because he's very quiet, you don't really give a lot. Yeah, he comes off very serious and it looked like he was with all the.
Speaker 2: Young you know, it's crazy. It's a couple of funny stories because of like my rookie year shout to Joe. Yeah, shut up to the yoke man.
Speaker 3: But when I'm you know, going off in certain games, he had like you know, tap me in the middle of the moment. You know, stay home, stay humble, you know, because on the time I'm excitement, I'm a excitement player. I want to get the crowd into it. I talk trash, you know, That's how I always been. But I'm a very humble kid. But you can always remind you, you know, stay humble, Stay humble, you know. And uh that's something you know as words, you just always need to hear from. You know, a guy who was you know, first Battle of Hall of Famer already in his career, so you know, but playing with him, you don't.
Speaker 2: Got to worry about, you know nothing. You know, you're gonna get the ball.
Speaker 3: He don't care if he got you know, ten ten and ten or forty ten and ten.
Speaker 2: He don't really care. He didn't want to win, you know.
Speaker 3: He don't want to talk about no accolades. He in the locker room. You know, he's a great guy to go talk to. You can talk to any about anything. Like he just keep it real with you, you know, And that's he's a guy like you. You want to you know, look up after and following his footsteps. Just from how he presents himself, how he carries himself, and how you know, dedicated he is into his work. And you know, for me first coming into my rookie year, I didn't have a routine and I'm like, damn, man, like the season feeling so long, you know, and I'm just looking at him like he just every single game, you know, whether if it's a bad game for him, it's a good game, he followed the same routine.
Speaker 2: That's just greatness. You know.
Speaker 3: You gotta you gotta have a routine. And I'm like, man, I gotta, I gotta figure out my own routine. But obviously you're not gonna have the same as him. You gotta figure out something. And I'm like, damn, like you know what I mean, let me get on the routine. Ever since then, like I started seeing my game elevate, you know, much higher and higher. So you know, props and yoke. Man, it was a blessing playing with him, and I had fun playing with him. But you know, it's a before any basketball.
Speaker 2: He's like a like a great human being.
Speaker 1: Man. Great, that's what's up. So overall, great experience in Denver, you ye.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, great experience, man, they took a care and with open arms. You know, kid, from where I come from, that's just a gyam come true to you know, be able to get drafted to NBA team my rookie year and you know, amazing moment for me.
Speaker 2: I have fun there as soon as I.
Speaker 1: Got to ask you, man, what was that fucking elevation? Like, bro, is it real? Is it real? It is real? Real? You know the games just to funk with your mental welcome to Denver. You start feeling faint, it's because you are. Yeah, you like like, yo.
Speaker 4: Know, hold on, did the nigga say me two thousand having a panic? I think I feel it. That's really really I'm not gonna lie. It's really real. Like if you're not playing there and you like, we feel it when we like coming down, come back, we leave cause we feel that elevation, Like damn, bro, we feel like we got a shame or something. But you know, if you're there for a couple of homestrets, you will see the other team is definitely an evangel over there for sure.
Speaker 1: So it's a real home advantage to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a real home, man, It's definitely real.
Speaker 1: It's no faking how long does it take you when y'all go on two week trips? We you know, you leave a week and you right, yeah, we y'all go for two and a half weeks, two weeks when you come back, how long did it take you to acclimate? Real talk?
Speaker 2: Like two days?
Speaker 3: You feel it when you feel like, you know, your earstart popping when you get back stuff like that. You know, but I feel like, you know, two days is good, but you know, you just got to get it work out and you know, get that and see how it feels and chests and stuff like that. You get that work out in again, and uh, you know you would be good though by game time though, because you already in your mind like I'm used to it, you feel me ain't really nothing crazy.
Speaker 1: I had a teammate threw up in Denver. We came through the first time out, you know, first time out about what minute?
Speaker 2: So yeah, man, yeah man, nah, that isn't really real real.
Speaker 1: Appreciation to me about LA. Man, you're enjoying l A so far, so good l A.
Speaker 2: I love l A k G.
Speaker 3: You feel like this was always a place for me to you know, be even when I was first like going through the drafting process, the pre draft process. I had to work out out here for the Clippers, and I had to feel like they were gonna take me.
Speaker 2: They felt good about it.
Speaker 3: I felt good about it, and you know, and like a couple of days before, they seemed like it was a high chante they were taking me, like was no discussion about it, and you know, and I and honestly, I didn't even really work out for Denver, like I did the Clippers work out, in the Lakers work out I had Denver.
Speaker 2: Next I'm like, man, not going that late, you know, I'm just gonna.
Speaker 3: Go back to the crib and just you know, try to get ready for the draft and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: And uh, you know that night when I.
Speaker 3: Got my name called bout Denver, like oh shit, it's crazy.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then you know, that year go by, my rookie season and I do the half a year you know in Denver, and then like this was like almost a full circle for me, you know, being traded to the Clippers. I'm like, damn, Like I know, I felt like I belong here when I first came here. It's crazy how you know, God working mysterious ways. And I'm like, Dann, this you know the place that I, you know, wanted to be. You know, so it's been nothing but a blessing for me. Man, you know, happy over here and I'm just you know, thankful that I'm here in the place that you know it's I feel like took me in open arms.
Speaker 2: Favorite thing about LA I would say, Man, just.
Speaker 3: The good breeze, the vibe here, just like genuine people. Man like it feel like it's genuine souls, genuine energy. Just guys that just have the energy that you know, almost injured I got. You know, I feel like it's it's a great compared like almost a great.
Speaker 2: I just feels like macolate vibe.
Speaker 1: Man, it is. And then you know you're playing with my dog t Lo. Man. He gonna let you hoop man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: You talk about your connection early on you.
Speaker 2: Man, I like many people.
Speaker 3: Yes, real real dude, man, keep it like real, you know, down the earth dude. He's gonna tell you, you know, what you don't want to hear, what you want to hear, and what you.
Speaker 2: Need to hear. You know.
Speaker 3: So great dude, Man, great coach. Let you get boogy, lets you rock, and his type of coach that like you can go to just have real conversations with and you know, like you got a genuine soul and genuine vib to him. And also he played, he was a player, so you know, like you know you're in that mold. You know you're killing, keep killing, you know, like he knows you know. So man, he's a great coach.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: I love shout out to t Lo Man.
Speaker 1: Oh huge health, lou health. You see him say you told me to tell you Lou health.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you this bones in your game, dog, what do you want to actually put in your game that you don't think that you have in your game? Because I love I love your vision. Yeah, I love your three ball. I think a lot of times I watch you, man, I'm watching people go under you like what the yeah, like you know what I give you that versus you turn.
Speaker 2: The Yeah, that's what That's what they got to pick their poison.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and I love how you get your feet set you lock in boom. What's one thing? You got a nice float. It's a lot of ship you got little bit I don't really yeah, just to.
Speaker 2: Get stronger, right, you want to definitely, what do you.
Speaker 1: See in your game that you want to actually you know, bring the fruition or you want to bring the light, you.
Speaker 3: Know, really hit on the now like it's getting stronger, and just trying to take my game to the next level. I feel like, you know, my offensive game, I'm so gifted, you know, but I can always make it better.
Speaker 2: But you know, I want to work on you know, my.
Speaker 3: Body and you know the defensive side, and I got a long wing span, I'm quick, you know. I want to use my gifted abilities on the offense and turn into the difference in and you know, get better at, you know, using my quickness to my avenge on the defensive end side too. So that's something I've been working at and I'm definitely gonna get better at. But the biggest thing for me, I think is that you know the strength part and that that helped me on that side too.
Speaker 1: Two things. Let me give you some free game just how you love hot sauce and how you kind of emulate those moves into the offensive side for sure, find you a defense of someone that you love and watch some of what what you love about. Yeah, GP was probably one of my favorite to watch defensive watch just like Gary Payton, and because you know, I wasn't always tall, so you know, you know, growing up, everybody's the same side. For GP to me used to always use his hands and Elijah wants timing used to be impeccable. So those are kind of my two examples. Find you somebody that you love to watch, yeah, and take little pieces off of their game.
Speaker 3: Was you always like, you know, gifted coming in on the defensive.
Speaker 1: Side my timing. I think my characteristics is that I'm able to catch sequence and I'm able to catch pattern. Yeah, So I would come down, I would catch a nigga pattern. He to dribble across.
Speaker 2: Over to his left, so you're getting catching his rhythm for catch.
Speaker 1: And then I would get up. And another thing is bones I learned. I start, I start, I would talk to myself and then the talking would actually come out of me, like you know what, nigga, your left hand ain't And the next thing I know, I'm like talking you out and using the left I was like, damn, that's what I talk to me.
Speaker 4: Definitely clips though you get a nigga out of hell no.
Speaker 1: Trash as nigga. Hell no, you doing the one step step back, nigga ain't even your hell and you gotta throw dout.
Speaker 2: I learned blow out.
Speaker 1: I learned how to grow doubt, and I learned that if a guy has a little bit of doubt in his game, you can.
Speaker 2: Grow that exactly.
Speaker 1: That's why I was like, you'll put that in your left hand.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna take that come back now.
Speaker 1: I funked around, did that with m J one time dog and picked that nigga Boo, give me the ship. I told you about it, and then sauting, Yoe, no Moore ship. That's the real story. The next time, down called the same play bones. This is real life. I was in front of the nigga. I was right here in front of him. I blinked. When I blinked and my eyes opened, that niggas at the cop. I was like, let me let me leave this nigga along, y'all.
Speaker 2: G I got his.
Speaker 1: I called he was going tow jubbils coming off left. He was trying to he was trying to. He was trying to what you call it when you when you when you don't take the pick when you reached it. He tried to reject baseline. I knew that. I knew both. I knew both baselines. He liked to reject show. I played the middle and he went two Jibbils came back left. He was talking towo jibbis came out. I said, Man, if he do this ship again, I'm gonna pick this ship picking right. First off, if anybody's played against Michael Jordan, if you ever picked the nigga, Nigga's like he goes to like third he mad as he mad as it everything. So and then I was like, give me this ship. Yeah out And then I told you about and I shot the consult team. The next time I blink and he was at the cup like, so talk talk to Ashley?
Speaker 2: Yes for Selle.
Speaker 1: So is it is it trash talking in the game?
Speaker 2: You know I talked trade? Is it talk?
Speaker 1: Is transh talking in the game today?
Speaker 3: Nah?
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't feel like it is.
Speaker 3: I feel like a lot of players just you know just what I feel like a lot of players just fake trash talk like you know that ain't you. You know he ain't got the trash talk. Just feeling good? You know this ain't this ain't really you. But you could tell when certain players got that got that got the energy in them and it just bring that trash talk. Like if you watch me, you know I'm talking ship ain't back. And then nobody, Okay, how big I am? You know some skinny I am. You know you're gonna hear me. I'm talking. I'm talking all trash, all games, especially even killing, you know, even when I'm not killing, you know what it is. And I feel like a lot of players, like even you know, they respect that, like kid coming in twenty two years old sophomore season, even my rookie season, like they like, damn, like he fearful, like he's going right at us, like he don't care, you know, like that motherfucker, Like I'm here to stay, like I ain't back, and now for nobody don't care. I mean, you know, I'll start you your I respect your game, but like you you have to respect my game too, like I'm coming, Like that's that's how I'll be feeling.
Speaker 1: One player in the game that talks trash that we don't know that talks trash.
Speaker 6: Damn, that's that's kind uh or even if he talks trash and we know, matter of fact, fuck that question, who talks the most trash in the league?
Speaker 1: Get your witness.
Speaker 3: I probably gotta go with uh, I probably go with draymondmon.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel like Draymond talk a lot, but he got to he can't talk a lot from me, got full range for me, he can talk. He got like like if he talked to I'm like, he don't. He don't talk trashing me though, because he feel that he feel the energy.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm gonna come back at him, you know that.
Speaker 3: But I feel like he respect me though, Like every time we play with against him, he always like, you know, he got to respect that from me. So but I feel like Draymond, he tries a lot though, but I fuck with it though.
Speaker 2: I fun with it for sure.
Speaker 1: Who do you love to play against? Who is your favorite player you're playing against? You're gonna get some sleep?
Speaker 2: Who I like playing against? Everybody?
Speaker 3: Don't smoke, but like you know, for me, like I always got my best game against like the Warriors, the Suns, like the Knicks, and before I was on the Clippers, it was the Clippers.
Speaker 1: Said, is it the cities that you like? Coming in playing like.
Speaker 2: It's his own?
Speaker 3: Know, I just tapped into another busy like I'm just right at them for real, like you know, you know me, I'm ad everybody. But I feel like I always have my best games against them, like I always do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: So I got an idea. Tell me if you feel in this idea. Yeah, adamself, if you're listening, right, I know you listen, shout to Silver and shout to you about big Dog. Right, So just my idea, uber fact this for everybody in here. In today's game. It's over forty MC's in the league. Hear what I'm saying to you, forty m season the league. I'm talking about music. I ain't talking about no B ball. I'm talking about rhymen, rohymers, niggas that can rhyme that y'all don't even notice. In our league. I think it's over twenty rap labels in our league owned by players that you wouldn't even know. Damn right, you wouldn't even know this. Y'all can go look all this up too, right, I'm telling Adam Silver. On the Friday night Thursday, everybody, get to the right Friday night, right after after right after the the rookie game. Ye, million dollar perse, you're gonna take ten rappers, they're gonna sign up themselves. You're gonna do four rounds and you're gonna boom boom boom two at the then two at the end, and then one win a million. We're gonna get one of the progressive of one of the betting betting g I'm the sponsors to joint. They gonna give away the million, right, and then we're gonna get the top ten mcs and we're gonna turn the stadium into a booth. We're gonna bring Big Tigure out. We're gonna have DJ Clue on the ones and two's him and Drama gonna come out cause we's gotta bring DJ Drama. We got to bring our Clue and we gotta bring Ticker back. We're gonna do the basement. We're gonna do the basement at nine o'clock. You hear what I'm saying. After the rookie game, top Tim Mey and c M season the league come off, Bunce. I heard you rhyme, bro.
Speaker 2: Bone.
Speaker 1: Somebody told me that you are reallym see yes or you just love music.
Speaker 2: I love music, Okay, cool, Yeah, I love music. But I you know, it's always been like I.
Speaker 3: Always had a voice man for you know, music always you know, I love like hooks the songs. I love the melodies of songs, and I always could sing a little bit. And when I went through the tragedy, you know, I was just in the crib with my friends and my boys and were just.
Speaker 2: Like, you know, they could rap a little bit.
Speaker 3: I would just make all the hooks and we would just go to the studio and put that together and just make a song. We just see how it's sound. Ever since then, this was like twenty eighteen. Ever since then, I'm like, man, like we can do something with this, like it, and it's been like therapeutic for me. Man, I go to the studio make songs. Ever since then, I just fell in love with it. Man, there's been another outlet for me. I can just you know, talk, you know to the mic, and you know if nobody talk to talk to the.
Speaker 2: Mic and just make it make a song like that. Man. Ever since then, I just fell in love with music.
Speaker 1: You got to cut along. You got songs I made, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I got Hello songs like you know, tapes, albums like I got singles like.
Speaker 2: I got everything.
Speaker 1: Man, you put them out.
Speaker 3: They everywhere Spotify, Yeah, they everywhere everywhere.
Speaker 2: What are you on?
Speaker 1: Spotify?
Speaker 2: Busy?
Speaker 1: Busy?
Speaker 7: Busy rap name my rap name, y'all got it here straight from us shall Yeah, I want to.
Speaker 1: Kill this energy. But I got to ask you. I heard you about the tragedy.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Take me through it, man, Like you.
Speaker 3: Know, I was, you know, back in twenty eighteen. I was in high school. You know, I was in the crib. I was watching Marshmallers for me and my boy was on FaceTime. I had the phone propped up on the computer. We're just talking and I just, you know, I got like a listen, a little weird smell and honestly, growing up in the hell, you would think it's a barbecue and you know, and that's what the smell like at first. But I get the smell got more intense. And as I'm you know, watching Marshmalls on my phone, we just talked and busted up, me and my boy, and uh, I just look outside the window. I see the smoke like five plass the windows, black smoke, and my two minutes go past. You know, I just started seeing it get more intense, intense, intense, and I'm like, damn, like hold on, like what's that? Like, what's going on? I look out the window, you know, and I'm like, damn, like, uh, you know, it's it's like starting to get more intense and intense. I'm like, okay, you know, I gotta you know, I got to see what the hell going on? And you know, I get up off my bed, and you know, I opened the door and I see all these flames. Soon as I open the door, I'm like, oh ship, I closed the and I closed the door immediately, I'm like, damn, what.
Speaker 2: The fuck going on? And I'm in my head, I'm like, damn, I thought.
Speaker 3: It was a barbecue just from the smell and shit, I'm like, damn, it's tense, getting this smell just getting even more intense. And once I closed the door, I had an intense uh. I had to like run to the you know, to the window to see how I'm like going, you see what they have?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna do, you know.
Speaker 3: But I would live in the old house and the windows will never open, and I'm like, damn, like I feel like it's over with, Like I don't know what the fuck to do. I never opened my window at all, Like I don't know what the hell going on. What I'm gonna do? So you know, I dropped to my niggas I get the praying that God, I'm like, damn, like, I feel like, you know, the type of kid that always did good bye people. You know, I always, you know, make sure you know I show love to people. I always made sure, you know, I if I'm coming across somebody who just need a you know, an ear just to for somebody to listen to, I always I always was there for them. I just felt like, you know, I just did you know, good in life. I did God deed. You know, I was like, damn, like what God I do? And I just dropped to my head to get the praying. I'm just like, damn, like, you know, I feel like it's over for me. So you know, I go to the window. I remind you everything just starting to get blurried now from the smoke. Now the smoke trying to you know, it's coming in now, you know, the walls is getting hot. I feel the walls, you know, creeping into me. You know, I feel everything's getting hot. You know, my visit getting blurried now now the smoke coming in, and mind you, I got to think to myself, the door over there is you know that shit about to burn down, so I got to think fast. And you know in movies you can just it. They feel like it seemed like it's just you can just think so fast and nigga all the time in the world, you know, stuff like that. And as a as the smells, I getting intense, I try to go to the window. Mind I can't see, so I'm starting to touch everything down. The shit getting hot, the windows getting hot, so I'm trying touch it's getting hot, so I had to back up.
Speaker 2: So now now I really can't see.
Speaker 3: So I'm just walking around in my bedroom trying to, you know, touch windows, touch windows. So you know, the first one I try to open up is hot as ship, but you know, I gotta do something, so I'm trying to open it up, you know, and it don't open. So you know, the second window I try to open up.
Speaker 2: It don't.
Speaker 3: It don't open, So now you know, it's one more window. But now I'm like, man, that shit ain't gonna open, you know, So I just go to my knees like at the cry and I ball in my eyes up. I'm like, damn, like it's over with for me, Like I feel like this shit done. Man, so you know, I just I just dropped to my knees and then.
Speaker 2: You know, the third window.
Speaker 3: You know, I just heard something just tell me you don't just get up, and I know it was God me like, you know, just get up.
Speaker 2: I got you.
Speaker 3: And I went to the window. I opened the door. I opened I opened the window. I mean, and you know, I just hear somebody, you know, just saying like, you know, we need you, come on, we need you. And I'm telling them like I can't jump. The shit too high, I can't jump out. Can you guys come save me? And they just like we need you, we need you, We need you, the only the last hope, you know, we need you. We need you to make it. So I'm like, I can't do it. I can't do it. The shit is too high. So I go back in my room. You know, I just ball, you know, I just bawled down. I just get to crying even more. I'm like, man, this shit over. Man, it's done. And I just hear a voice in my head just like just get up, you can do it. Just get up, and I just go over there and I just said fuck it, man. I jumped head out, head first, and uh, they caught me from waste up. I hit my knees and everything on the bricks, you know.
Speaker 2: I try to crawl to the to the car. I try.
Speaker 3: I called my mom and she wasn't She wasn't answering fast. But I forgot her number two at first. But then when I called her, she wasn't answering. Then she answered, like Mama, house on fire. She like thirty minutes away. She rushed down the highway, like the hell's going on, The Hell's going on, like MoMA.
Speaker 2: House on fire, house on fire.
Speaker 3: And my grandma and my baby cousin and Day in the other room. And this was a uh, this is one of the days where I, you know, we don't really like it's like a Saturday. It's like a chill day. You know, we nap a lot, shit like that. And it's all I could think about is themb in the other room. I'm like, dam how the fuck I get my grandmama and my two baby cousins. And I told the endblands, I'm like, yo, they're in there. Can you go save them? Can you come save them? And I try to run back in there. They didn't let me, and uh, you know, it was just a. It was just a crazy moment for me, man. And once you know that all happened, my mom came back. I'm just like, damn, like, you know, how the fuck did this, you know, happen to me? And I never experienced something like that in my life, you know, I never went through some shit like that. While I lose a family member so close you know to me that that lives in the household with us, and uh, it's one of those moments I feel like it just you know, it's just crazy, man. I couldn't think I was out, you know, for six seven months, you know, with a tour up a tel attendant.
Speaker 2: But it's one of those men like you just like, damn, like how could this happen to you?
Speaker 3: But you know you never questioned God, and just you know, just be thankful for that you still here. And I know my grandma, my baby brother is in a better place. But this was definitely one of the hardest moments in my life. And uh, this still hit me hard to this day. But I'm just thinkingful that you know, I'm here and I get to, you know, ex tell his story to millions and millions and uh, hopefully they get inspired by it and just know that, you know, it's always bigger than you know yourself, and just be thankful that God, you know, keep your here and just be grateful for the things that you have in life. You know, you never know how quickly something can be taken away from me, you know, if you're not thankful for it. And that's something that I took with me from this experience. You know, that's something that I live with to this day.
Speaker 1: Things like that gonna make you stronger, definitely true growth. You know what I'm saying. You here for a reason exactly.
Speaker 2: You know that, Yeah for sure.
Speaker 3: And I definitely felt that ever since you you know, years went on and yeah, definitely, KG.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna be with you forever too, bro, Yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: I feel that.
Speaker 1: I gotta ask you about the YouTube page.
Speaker 2: Yeah you yeah, it could be you, baby.
Speaker 1: Take me through it? What did you start? When did you start that?
Speaker 2: I started the series?
Speaker 3: Probably this this this year, last year, twenty two.
Speaker 2: I started this this series last year?
Speaker 1: Made you start that?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: I felt like, you know, a lot of like a lot of my life wasn't documented, and I felt like a lot of people they.
Speaker 2: Just love watching me and just love my energy, you know.
Speaker 3: You know, my positivity, you know how you know, get people to smile and just I feel like they want. I feel like I can allow to them. Tappingto my everyday lifestyle is what I do and just stuff like that, and I feel like I get that connection with my fans people around the world. So that's something I had to do. I couldn't you know, not do it. And every like it was, it was to the point the time we were dropping like every single week.
Speaker 2: You know, it's slowed down.
Speaker 3: But you know a lot of people like, damn, we need that Kobe U s you need the next we need the next one. But you know, I'm definitely gonna drop it. But you know, tap into that could be you. It's amazing documentary, amazing episodes. You know you'll love it. But you know, it's definitely been dope though.
Speaker 1: So you do day to day, week to week, or you just do sporadic whatever comes on ideas.
Speaker 3: It's really like, you know, whatever it comes to mind. And when also like U, whenever I'm free to to like you know, dorough something because usually we playing on you know, maybe it's a day in the light or maybe.
Speaker 2: It's a you know, a game day or something like that. Maybe it's a.
Speaker 3: Dog meat you or something like that, just something that, you know, just to keep fans interacting and stuff like that. So usually trying to plan it out, but sometimes I may be on the road, so maybe it can't be week the week. It gotta be, you know, be dropping a month or something. So yeah, it's definitely been good though.
Speaker 1: Let me know next time you all in the studio, I'm gonna pull up.
Speaker 2: We're gonna shoot out.
Speaker 1: Said, I want to hit the balls man? Yeah, what's the what's ther Spotify again? Tell the people what's your Spotify name?
Speaker 2: Busy on the Spotify? Yeah? Heard hitting heir sound?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's get it man, go ahead and git you some balls man?
Speaker 2: Be the beat? No, no, not a mellow right.
Speaker 3: Back up on my gun. I know this sugar realer. I see checked the check to checking. Now I'm count figures. I know my mam and she get worried because I missed my nigga.
Speaker 2: She know my vibe. I love her always like I got a pigger.
Speaker 3: If we you know, we don't like in this is stam nigga to get that, you know, because won't When I had to go call your big bro, your big bro, and with money we more realized. I grew around the murder resil checking door deal loves we clocking bikes, we run do the with four wheelws, bring them bikes out arbor, keeping you at.
Speaker 2: Them lights out. You ever seen anyhe get running front of door? That ship was.
Speaker 3: Wild yeah yeah uh and it's a homicide fucking the light beefiting you, bro ship. I wonder why I seen the nigga bay change it by her doing real time. That's that's my main man's won't change on for them dollar signs. And I don't even want to talk to miss.
Speaker 2: I'm in my zone.
Speaker 3: I hit the climb, yeah, because this my lifestyle coming from the churches. Yet my life while praying for my brother. Yea, the licky moving slow now has some bad habits had their leg goo on my Oh.
Speaker 2: Boom, yeah, I got one more free.
Speaker 1: I got go ahead all day.
Speaker 3: I came from poverty. I seen it all from niggas Donna say, robberies. I know sometimes sometimes you up, but you gotta learn cheat. When you're for a woman tanning stack of stuff, you gotta believe it's all I wanted from signing the deals in casting checks to just be gunning and I ain't running, ain't dunny, no act little nigga. You know, we come in and close that back doorling man, because I ain't running.
Speaker 5: Hey, get up with it, man, Cut the churck, Man, cut the churck right on the spot, right yeah, boom.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you got my.
Speaker 1: God, man, that's what it is, Owes hollering at him. Man, busy, God damn it.
Speaker 2: Man, Pa, that's good. I appreciate you man for having me on here.
Speaker 3: You know, shooting star, you know you coming up and it's a pleasure to watch your energy just everything.
Speaker 2: How you know what you brought to the game.
Speaker 3: You know how you know bring that energy to the game that trash talk and uh you know lone plays like myself to you know, just be comfortable with yourself, man, God dare and just rock out with me. You know it definitely watched you growing up and just the energy and everything. It's always been a pleasure to watch, you know, Hall of Famer superstar, you know everything man, you you know, you're definitely blessing to the game. And I just want to say thank you for honor just being here. I'm really appreciative of that.
Speaker 1: Okay, help you with you, hollered God, God. That's certified