Speaker 1: The second date of Date. We get a lot of listeners who email the show describing their dates to us, but Sophia is the first to ever say her first date was just like the love story in the movie Up. What I mean, It's an interesting way to describe it, because that relationship, I'm pretty sure has a pretty sad ending.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's my husband. It's beautiful, but she's the one that should be dead. If that's.
Speaker 1: Or who knows, maybe they're maybe they're in date in Bault the Chubby Boy Scouts at some point, it's a lot of balloons, big nose Doggie the boy Scouts is usually how my dates end up and then coming you know what, I don't want to get into it, but let's welcome to the show, Sofia, Sophia can't wait to hear how you felt like your date was like that Pizar film.
Speaker 3: There was no boy Scout, there were no balloon.
Speaker 2: Is the guy just super old?
Speaker 1: What do you mean? It's like up?
Speaker 3: Well, you know how they're just like this perfect match right from the beginning. It felt like that, and it felt like we just fit and I could just like see the whole montage, not all the sad.
Speaker 4: Nothing.
Speaker 5: That is a lot of pressure on a first day to feel that way.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's beautiful. That's beautiful.
Speaker 1: So who died on the date?
Speaker 5: Nobody died, butosessed hope that died.
Speaker 2: Maybe he's not calling that.
Speaker 1: It makes sense the more that we hear the story. Let's start with the guy's name.
Speaker 3: So his name is Andy.
Speaker 2: Okay, where'd you meet him?
Speaker 3: We actually met on a dating app and we talked for a while. I thought it was so cute. He had that like perfect square jawline and even did his hair similarly to Carl from the movie Oh.
Speaker 2: My God cute. The old man in Up does have a really square head. Yeah, that's interesting. Yeah, did you tell him that?
Speaker 3: I did. I didn't mention it a little bit. That could be, but I mean I told him that I thought it was so so cute.
Speaker 1: We're going to mark that as red balloon number one. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 1: What did you guys do for your date?
Speaker 3: My sister actually gave me this, a vintage wicker basket. Oh god, I was telling Andy that I've always wanted to use it. I've never had a good enough excuse.
Speaker 2: I love a good picnic that like.
Speaker 1: Sister, perhaps the chubby boy scouts. No, she just gets super high and watch up the movie. She didn't live her home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where did he go?
Speaker 5: I'm going to stop that.
Speaker 1: So funny that you wanted to use your picnic basket.
Speaker 2: He was down for that.
Speaker 3: He was he was so excited and it was so just like wholesome. And he was in charge of bringing the actual food, and I was in charge of bringing the activities.
Speaker 2: In the basket.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Activity ended up bringing bubbles, which I realized quickly was really stupid.
Speaker 2: I was saying a frisbee would be a cool.
Speaker 3: I see that now. Okay, the bubbles lasted for all of like thirty seconds. It wasn't super entertaining. I brought some like finger painting stuff. I thought that would be cute too.
Speaker 5: This guy, the big bubble ones are actually sweet.
Speaker 2: What did he say? When you're pulling out all this like elementary school.
Speaker 1: It's like a funny park, but it's not romantic.
Speaker 3: I mean, we're both like creative people. And so he laughed and blew a few bubbles, and so I thought that maybe they'd be good activities to keep the hands distracted but allow conversations to and so I don't know. I thought it was a good idea.
Speaker 1: Okay, we have red balloons, two and three is not that bad. Now, we're just joking around.
Speaker 5: As long as you.
Speaker 1: Were happy and he was happy. So what happened next?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 3: So the part that was more like the movie up. We walked around the park. We like found this perfect spot where there was like a clearing. We laid down this old blanket and we just looked up at the clouds. We like talked and shared our dreams and it was just.
Speaker 2: We're either of you drunk.
Speaker 5: You had anybody been drinking at this point?
Speaker 3: No, no drinking. Surprisingly, it was so natural, and that's what I meant by something just seemed very comfortable and Okay.
Speaker 1: We're so we're giving you a hard time about it, but it sounds okay. So far, was there any Was there any like low moments during the date or anything that has you worried?
Speaker 3: There was one, I think, really small moment. That is the only thing I can think of.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, what happened?
Speaker 3: So this sweet little goldendoodle ran up. I mean at one.
Speaker 2: Point, there's a dog.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean it's a park. I guess there would be dogs. Yeah, okay, yeah, why is that a low moment?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, the owner walked up and I started asking questions about his puppy because I thought it was so cute. And now that I'm thinking back on it, maybe Andy could have thought something else was going on.
Speaker 5: I'm like, oh, like you were hitting on the Golden doodles, Dad, it maybe.
Speaker 3: I mean, the owner was an attractive guy, and I was asking a lot of questions. It was genuine interest about just.
Speaker 1: Squarer than the guy you were with.
Speaker 5: They actually would have included that in the movie up if the woman didn't die at the beginning, you know, the real story.
Speaker 3: Well, when I looked back the whole time, I thought Andy was like right there. But I looked back and he was sitting on the blanket, just like blowing bubbles by himself. Oh so I broke off the conversation very quickly. After that, I went back to Andy and I apologized, and you know, we're saying I just really like dogs, but I don't know, it felt like maybe a little awkward.
Speaker 2: That's not a red flag too, or a red balloon. Sorry, Jeffrey red balluon.
Speaker 3: But overall it was a really really great day. But he stopped responding to my text, So I'm just trying to figure out what's going on because this has now turned into like the ghost of Up. I'm ghosted.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, okay, that's my cocot it.
Speaker 1: There's definitely been a lot of red balloons on this first day. We're going to try and pop them and bring us back down to earth. Get you a second date when we call Andy for you right after this.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you so much. Give me my Disney dream please hold on.
Speaker 1: It's the music per request by Brook. Red balloons. We're using them to symbolize red flags because our listener, Sofia, compared her date to parts of the movie Up. Not the not the death parts or the boy Scouts or the floating house.
Speaker 2: No, no, the movie.
Speaker 1: It's just the connection that she had, which she describes in her email as possibly lifelong. My god, we can get her another date with Andy after they're made up at the park. He does kind of look like ause of his Chisel Jaw, a young version. Yeah, so there's similarities there. That's my recap, Brook, your witness. Feel free to badger her.
Speaker 5: No, honestly, like, if this actually works out for you, what a great start to a love story. I mean, that's why you're trying to write here, which w it's a lot of pressure.
Speaker 1: No, Hello, Sophia, Hi, Hi. Yeah, I know a lot of people tune out the second that Brook starts talking. So I apologize for throwing it over.
Speaker 2: Try to be encourage. That's why I'm gonna stop doing that. Yeah for you.
Speaker 1: All right, it'll be nervous for you. Let us take over and we're gonna call Andy for you. You can stay quiet till we call you in okay.
Speaker 5: Or just stay quiet even when we do call you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We'll try to not let Brook talk too much. Here we go snooze fast.
Speaker 4: All right. Hello?
Speaker 1: Hey is this Andy? Yes, it is Hey. What's up Andy. I'm not sure if you used to being on any radio shows early in the morning, but today's your day.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the shows. What is going on?
Speaker 3: Is it on?
Speaker 1: Turn that thing off? Andy is still there?
Speaker 4: Yeah? What what's going on?
Speaker 1: Sorry? So you're on Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning and we're doing something called a second date update, trying to help out one of our listeners that you met up with recently named Sophia.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, he do you remember Sophia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sound really down about it.
Speaker 2: Maybe he's just skeptical.
Speaker 1: Radio. Yeah, so this is how the segment works. Our listeners email us asking for help to hook you two up again, because she doesn't know why you haven't done that yet after what sounded like a really nice date in the park.
Speaker 5: I that for those just vowels sometimes.
Speaker 1: Why let me just give you an easy question. What do you think about Sofia?
Speaker 4: To be honest, I just kind of didn't trust her all that much.
Speaker 2: Trust that. I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: That's just shocking to us because she just sounds so innocent, lovely, and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what people want you to believe.
Speaker 2: That's what she sounded like. She's a good actor. Yeah, maybe you have some mimeset R info that we don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why do you say you don't trust her?
Speaker 4: It's like something about her profiles. We met online, but I.
Speaker 1: Mean if it's on her profile, you would know that before you went out.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, yeah, well on her profiles, like the last picture she has is like a picture of her feet. For some reason, I noticed in the sand on the beach or something, yeah, somewhere, And that was really weird that I you know, I saw her in person, and like they weren't her feet.
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: What the heck?
Speaker 4: I felt a little foot fished.
Speaker 1: I guess she got foot fished.
Speaker 2: Does that even? How did you even see her feet?
Speaker 4: Well, she had them off when we're you know.
Speaker 1: She took her shoes off in the park.
Speaker 4: She took her shoes off, right.
Speaker 5: Okay, are you like a feet guy?
Speaker 4: No, I'm not a feat guy at all. Like they're fine feet. I just don't. I just noticed that they weren't her feet, and I okay, you don't have to be a foot guy to realize. It's just like that her feet on the profile were just completely different feet. And I mean, I don't know why you would lie about your feet or.
Speaker 1: It is a little odd that you would highlight it on your profile.
Speaker 2: Everyone's trying to make money off foot picks. You think that's what it is.
Speaker 1: Well, we should call her and ask her if it was a mistake, if she even realizes she did it.
Speaker 4: Because call her, I bet you'll tell you they weren't her feet.
Speaker 1: An interest to call her, or we don't even have to because she's actually on the other line already listening and wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 4: What is going on? Like, is this a big setup?
Speaker 3: No, No, it's not. I just you weren't responding, and I just I thought our date was so great and we had a great connection, and I just wanted answers.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, what's going on with the feet on your profile?
Speaker 2: Do you know what he's talking about?
Speaker 3: I do so, I guess Like the first reason is like it weaves out the weirdos.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 3: You know very quickly who is going to be weird and who's not. They're reaching out.
Speaker 1: If they're commenting specifically on your foot pick, that's how you know. Don't respond I liked and commented on.
Speaker 4: Just that to me is just like weirdly manipulative.
Speaker 1: No, and it sounds like Andy didn't even react to your footpick online him.
Speaker 3: No, there's more, I promise. If you read the captions on my picture, it says those are like my perfect dream Disney feet. Like I thought it was like quirky and funny and like Disney princesses have perfect feet. But I was trying to like make it a funny joke of like I don't have the puzzled toes. There's no white ankles.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean Andy did you read the caption of her footpick?
Speaker 4: I mean, to be honest with you, it wasn't something I really noticed until after, Like I was just looking at her profile, and I mean, girls put a lot of crap that they just don't care about. It was just like.
Speaker 2: Sassy answer, did you see that caption? And she being honest about it, like is it still there? Sofia, could he pull it up and look at it right now?
Speaker 3: It's there, It's definitely there. And like I was very up front like these are not my feet, these are my perfect Disney feet.
Speaker 5: So so she's saying it's a trap to weed out the weirdos, and she was honest about it.
Speaker 1: And it does make sense a little bit because we spoke to Sophia earlier and she was mentioning the movie up a lot and Disney like that that really resonates with her. She said, she even told you that you looked like the man from up.
Speaker 2: The which you know you're a Disney adult if you know the old guy's name. You know his name was Carl.
Speaker 1: I don't even know his name. Don't you see that as a compliment?
Speaker 4: Andy, Disney adults freaked me out? Man, I don't know what's going on there.
Speaker 1: She said you were hands.
Speaker 3: That's not what you said, day Andy. We were like laying on a blanket looking up at clouds in the sky, and you were pretty upfront with your Disney knowledge.
Speaker 4: Okay. I didn't think it was related to feet though at the time, and that's like a whole different.
Speaker 3: Well, if you had a problem with it, I'm not sure why you didn't just bring it up and why you instead chose to ghost me. That seems pretty immature.
Speaker 5: I will say, she's coming across pretty well bringing it up.
Speaker 4: That was me bringing it up, ghosting you.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, that's not.
Speaker 1: Really Just like Carl from Up movie, he's very passive, aggressive, grumpy man. Yeah, because he loves her, and that's what we're trying to establish here, a love connection.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just wait till she sends you a boob pick. That'll be like, you know what you're getting.
Speaker 1: Before we start sending erotic photos to each other, Let's send you like Disney photos. Let's just send you out on a second date that we would pay for if you're up for it. Andy.
Speaker 4: It's just this Disney thing is just kind of weird. And the feed thing, man, you know, I can handle Little Disney, and like, you know, I went along with the conversation, but it's just kind of like.
Speaker 1: Wow, I just can't handle it.
Speaker 3: Andy, I hope that you find somebody who can at least compete with your Pokemon card collection.
Speaker 4: So sick burn Yeah, I have like old Pokemon cards from when I was like twelve.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well there were a lot of money now, so very respon, kind of jealous of.
Speaker 3: I guess I have a great life, Andy, I don't know what else to say. It's really disappointing that you decided to act that way. I guess if you want to call somebody childish, sure i'll take But at least I am happy at the end of the day, and I don't burn bridges with people that would have treated me well.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I guess you could go make your own happy ending.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then usually that costs extra though
Speaker 5: That's not the same, Okay, Freaking Jeffrey in the morning,