Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Katty Armstrong and.
Speaker 2: Getti and he.
Speaker 1: Arms drawn from Studio C see Senior A dimly lit room deeper than the bowels of the Armstrong and Getty the way I said bowels too.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it was, but it was.
Speaker 1: Good, the Armstrong and Getty communications compound. And today we're under the tutelage of our general manager. Let's be honest. Elon Musk, you're talking space travel, obviously it is Elon Musk. You're talking cars is Elon Musk. Tech often Elon Musk. You're talking to European politics. Today it's Elon must the doge. That's all. I expect him to become the offensive coordinator for the Chiefs next call the plays in the Super Bowl. So you're arguing that he is the unelected co president. I don't think I am oh Oh a tech billionaire who has an inordinate political influence.
Speaker 2: How terrifying I thought.
Speaker 1: I thought that when I heard that Biden gave George Soros whatever medal of freedom. That is because you're billionaire who's been influencing politics. By the way, he's the guy that got Alvin Bragg and uh, what's his name in Los Angeles, Gascone and all those people elected, and is like crime room rampant in these big cities that has been rejected by Democrats also, But anyway, your billionaire medal of freedom on the right, you have a billionaire.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's the end of democracy whatever.
Speaker 1: So many, virtually all of the arguments you hear that sound moral or sound like real concern, they're just a quest for power. The only proper response is, yeah, whatever, your policies suck. This headline from today backs your Elon Musk argument. This is the New York Times Meta. That's Zuckerberg's thing. I hate calling it meta. Can we go back to call it Facebook or whatever?
Speaker 2: Anyway? Meta?
Speaker 1: To end fact checking program and shift a head of Trump term. The sub paragraph is the social networking giant will stop using, will stop using third party fact checkers and instead rely solely on users to add notes to posts. It's likely to please President elect Trump and his conservative allies. Hmm, what does that sound like? What model does that sound like? He's emulating right there, It's exactly what Elon does on Twitter, having been absolutely humiliated for the overt bias that Facebook showed in their quote unquote fact checking through COVID and beyond good. Look, here's the headline for you. Elon Musk is royaling European politics. Trump ally is flooded x with posts criticizing European politicians, causing diplomatic conundrum for continence leaders. The only thing I don't like about that angle, and I just heard it on NPR is instead of Republicans pounce, it's an Elon Musk pounce. Elon Musk pounces instead of the story itself. I caught the tail end of the story when I turned on NPR and got in my car today, But it was Elon Musk's latest obsession is the story that happened over a decade ago of girls being raped by Muslim men in England and Elon Musk blah blah blah, Elon Musk, And it was all about how he's obsessed with this story, rather than that story is real and occurred, and many people believe it's still going on. Right, Yes, it's still occurring over a decade ago.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, don't get me started.
Speaker 1: You know, what's incredible is the depths of the amorality. If children are being raped to death, but it's being called to our attention by somebody of the center right or admittedly on the trumpion right now, at this point, whatever that means, NPR will poo poo it. Children being raped becomes a nothing. If there's somebody on the center right bringing your attention to it. The amorality is spectacular. It is satanic, it is evil, and one more Elon Musk thing, since we're being all in love with Elon Musk right now. I saw Tesla the other day in my town that had a Elon.
Speaker 2: Musk circle with a line through it on their Tesla.
Speaker 1: So it's like, I'm gonna keep it driving my Tesla, got but I gotta make it clear just because I'm driving Tesla doesn't mean I'm up with Elon Musk. I was listening to the End of the Year National Review podcast over the break, and somebody made the comment that it's a good possibility that the only name currently in circulation that will be remembered five hundred years from now is Elon Musk, based around his space exploration stuff. Particularly, they were talking about how the rocket thing, and you know how he caught that rocket when it came back down with the chopsticks, and that's such a leap forward for space exploration. It might be like Christopher Columbus is like the only name you know from fourteen ninety two.
Speaker 2: Elon Musk could be that way now and that's possible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, certainly that was an amazing achievement, right, Yeah, I missed that podcast.
Speaker 2: I'll have to check that. We end up going to Mars. I was in something else.
Speaker 1: Who knows what other option might open up as the technology develops.
Speaker 2: And that's the thing about.
Speaker 1: And I've been harping on this for years, how often on the left, going back to the Apollo program, they're like, no, no, don't explore space, don't develop science, Just spend the money on America's streets and give people money. You don't know what the result is when you go boldly forth to explore, to develop, to learn. You think you're on this path, turns out you might be on another path that's ten times as great. That's why you always have to keep striving as a society. And that's why the United States continues to kick the world's ass economically and in innovation and all sorts of things. Because we have that spirit. We can't lose that spirit. Of course, we'll have full team coverage on our lead story today. Kim Jong un has banned hot dogs in North Korea. What they're too well, now I am outraged. There is just play they're too western. He said two things there. Either he wants all the hot dogs. I don't need to hear choice two. Or he caught a look at himself and he was looking at a family photo and thought, wow, I've let myself go. And the only way he thinks he can stop eating hot dogs is to ban them in the whole country.
Speaker 2: Is the power to do that? And be like, if I could ban donuts in the whole nation, I would, So that's a dictator. You can do that.
Speaker 1: So I'm not dumpty by them, right. So it's one of those two. Clearly, he either wants to eat them all he wants none around him. Some candid pixture of a fat boy at some New Year's Eve, Catherine, where he's just turning the look and he just looks like a moon on a stick his head, his big head.
Speaker 2: And he thought, oh my god, I've got to do something. The moon on a stick.
Speaker 1: Let's start the show officially, because we got a good one. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this it is Tuesday, January the seventh year, twenty twenty five, where Armstrong and getting and we approve of this program. Let's begin exploring the outer reaches of the events of our time, precisely according to FCC rules.
Speaker 2: Rags. Here we go at Mark Donald J.
Speaker 1: Trump of the State of Florida has received three hundred and twelve votes. Kamlade Harris, that's got a sting.
Speaker 2: She's like, I can hear you.
Speaker 1: God, it's like attending your own funeral, and even the mourners are like got I watched the opening fifteen minutes of the Daily Show on the drive in, and Jon Stewart is freaking brilliant. He's the best at that ever. And I know a lot of you can't handle it. The jokes run against your politics, but he is so good at crafton jokes anyway. One of the points he made, and I thought this was really good, is about how we all act like we've always known. January sixth, Well, there's a big important day in the whole process of the elga Oh We're only this many hours away from the certification. Like we all ever talked about the certification ever in our lives. Let's not act like this is some brand new I've studied this stuff in university and on my own, and I had either forgotten or was unaware of it, or it was just a ceremonial thing of me jiggy that happens right.
Speaker 2: Right right until four years ago.
Speaker 1: Obviously, here is the flower I will throw on the political grave of Kamala Harris. She quite clearly made it unmistakable to all of you who have mispronounced her name that her name is pronounced Kamala.
Speaker 2: Here's all you need to know about her.
Speaker 1: When Obama was hot back in the day, she told the Sacramento, California the Capitol Press Corps, it's pronounced Kamala, so it would sound like Obama. She actually did that, and then later on went back to Kamala, that's all you need to know about that woman. Well, I'll say this, and I'm not supposed to say this. Apparently, based on the news I took in yesterday from the right, I thought it was really great the way she handled that and everything. And yeah, I thought that was absolutely fantastic. She didn't have to do that. She didn't and well, constitutionally she has to do that, but she didn't have to have the tone that she had and everything. And I thought that was fantastic. I thought that was really good for the country. I need more of that, not less of that. Was that bashed from the right. I missed that, all kinds of different examples of how awful she was. So okay, anyway, how does the mailbag look? What's it?
Speaker 2: It's it's coming together.
Speaker 1: As you said last year, it's a work in progress. Oh, here's what I need from you the text. But I also vowed yesterday we're all We're gonna be honest. I'm gonna be honest every single day this year. I'm going to tell you exactly what I think. No sugarcoating, no pandering. Mail bag is coming together. Could go either way. So last year it was life will not be a bor in twenty four? Do you have any ideas for twenty five?
Speaker 2: Text me at the text?
Speaker 1: Did you see my tweet? I had some? I had some pretty good ones. No, I did not off to tell take a look at those later. Yeah, I don't look at our Twitter.
Speaker 2: And neither does anyone else. There was no settle down. Now there was. There was one in particular that was pretty popular.
Speaker 1: There were just a couple hundred people away from forty thousand followers on Twitter and just I really want to get there, so could you? Would you please? I don't know why that matters to me.
Speaker 2: You don't have to use it at all. Just go on Twitter.
Speaker 1: Yountimes called X. You don't have to put the strong e giddy. It's effortless to find. This is the text line for if you can come up with something clever that rhymes with five, The number is four one, five two nine five k FTC.
Speaker 2: Stay here.
Speaker 1: I just saw an interesting argument from Van Jones about Canada be in our fifty first state. He said, hey, Republicans, it would be a very blue state and it's about the size of California.
Speaker 2: So that's a good point from me.
Speaker 1: They're so worn out by the woke agenda, woke Elvis. That's what Matt tayeebie Pierre Trudeau of Justin Trudeau. I saw a clip of Pierre Trudeau from years ago. I didn't realize he's been Prime minister for ten years. Justin Trudeau, the Yes guy. Yeah, Pierce's old dad, right, Justin Trudeau the prime minister. Ten years he's been prime minister anyway. I saw a clip of him where he's taken a question from somebody and the person used the term mankind in the question.
Speaker 2: He said, excuse me, excuse me. I prefer person kind like.
Speaker 1: You got to you gotta be kidding me. And he lasted ten years with that attitude. Yeah, that would be a very very lefty blue state with as many electoral votes as California. So no thanks, LGDP, LGT LBG, LGBTQ two plus what an annoying weasel. I swear, don't get me started. I have already started. Here's your thought provoking quote of the day. And I had a bunch of great choices looking at a series of quotes about beginnings. Francis Drake the explorer, there must speaking of this spirit of exploring and expanding your horizons and going into the unknown.
Speaker 2: There must poor Man's Magellan in my opinion.
Speaker 1: Wow, don't please, don't get he gets so militant about this. There must be a beginning of any great matter, but the continuing unto the end until it be thoroughly finished. Yields the true glory. Yeah, yeah, thanks for your input. Francis mailbag, So true, so true. Oh the big splashy beginning the ribbon cutting. Yeah, that ain't the hard part, right. Let's see a number of people reacting to my getting a tick on Christmas Eve story. You can drop us a note mail bag at Armstrong and getty dot com. A good story, including it when you present it that way with that sort of title. Remember the time I got a tick on Christmas Eve? Kids gather around? Oh yeah, well that was a good time. Let's see Charlotte with a cute note. She went to the emergency room. The doctor walks into the room and says, do you have a tick or any starts like convulsing or a tick? I was like, that's not a prow that's that good humor.
Speaker 2: A tick like a like a twitch, like a seizure. Wow, that's not funny doctor.
Speaker 1: Then this from Sean while shooting a tick will always resolve the medical issue.
Speaker 2: One must aim the.
Speaker 1: Weapon so that the round strikes only the tick, not the person the tick is feeding on. I recommend a nine millimeter round, or if you don't trust your spouse's aim, you can always dump two mags or three California sized mags rack to slide back and press the heated barrel against the tick. It's a rather militaristic approach there, Sean, thanks for the advice. Oh and then he says, if performing either of these medical techniques indoors, say in a bathroom, be sure to wear ear protection.
Speaker 2: Don't risk your hearing. Wow, what is the matter with you, Sean?
Speaker 1: Uh? Let's see, this is a very serious indeed from Tom about the British child rape story, the Muslim immigrants and the child rape rings and the cover up by the British authorities who were embarrassed at they're immigration policies were so miserable, and also they wanted to keep the Muslim votes in those beleaguered rust belt towns. He points out, you get speculated as to why these rapists would not have committed these atrocities in the countries they come from. What's not being discussed enough about these crimes as a central role that religion plays. Their home countries have almost no unbelievers living in them.
Speaker 2: That is true. That is true.
Speaker 1: You want to talk about a bigoted apartheid society, look at every Muslim country on earth virtually almost everyone according to the tenets of their religion. It's forbidden even look at a covered Muslim woman other than your wife, much less touch or molest one. However, anything goes with an Infidel woman or girl, it is perfectly acceptable to use and abuse them sexually. In fact, it's seen as a good thing to do. Infidels are considered less than human, and when people who adhere to this belief system are important, large numbers into a culture like the one in Great Britain and has become, it is inevitable that poor, powerless young girls will be victimized wholesale. Again, this would not be happening in the absence of one particular religion. It is time for people to get honest about fundamentalist Islam. They're pretty wonderful Muslim people living in the country. I have no quarrel with them whatsoever. But fundamentalist Islam is an incredibly bigoted religion of conquest.
Speaker 2: That just is.
Speaker 1: It's undeniable. I saw a quote and I didn't verify it or not. It claimed it was from Winston Churchill saying Moslems, which was the term back in the day when they are in the minority minority rights are very important when they are in the majority.
Speaker 2: There are no.
Speaker 1: Minority rights, that's correct, which is interesting. Yeah, the history of the world would back that up. And then a note I want to talk maybe more later from our old friend Camper, who says some very very nice things about the way we were talking about a couple of topics. But then he said, sixty years ago we'd not only express outrage, but would also engage and make a collective and individual effort to fix things and make righteous as happen.
Speaker 2: And he's suggesting more we have we give you more.
Speaker 1: Avenues for getting involved, recommend groups to join or where a ballot initiative is going.
Speaker 2: We can try to do that.
Speaker 1: We have a very small crew and to get the show ready every single day, and like give you your marching orders would be a challenge, but it's a great thought.
Speaker 2: We'll work on it.
Speaker 1: We got some more of the news of the day, and I hope you can join us, and I would like your recommendations for things at rhyme with twenty.
Speaker 2: Five are strong and getty.
Speaker 1: Okay, I just was looking at our Twitter feed and saw your tweet. It was right above my retweet of somebody saying people are too casual about the fact that parrots can talk.
Speaker 2: Amen to that.
Speaker 1: Since I was a kid, I thought that, Wait a minute, we're just taking this in stride on anyway, your suggestions for the theme when we open the show every single day, stay alive in twenty five, just survive?
Speaker 2: Cut the jibe? Will we arrive picking the hive? Yeah? Yeah, I will tell you that.
Speaker 1: Judging by the comments, and there were hundreds of them, cut the jive number one, Cut the jive in twenty five?
Speaker 2: Wow jive? Has anybody under fifty heard that term?
Speaker 1: And kicking the hive was pretty popular too. It's draining the swamp the ESK news of the day. As we mentioned, we'll hear from Mark Zuckerberg a little bit later. He's doing some interviews. He's changing Facebook from fact checkers to community notes, and he says specifically he modeled it after Elon Musk's deal on Twitter. So interesting, and I think is there step forward? Has there been in recent American history a phrase more contemptible than fact checker? Yeah, and welcome to the party, Mark Zuckerberg. That fact checker to me means okay, here, I'm about to be spun one way or the other. One more thing I wanted to mention before we get to this news clip.
Speaker 2: We need to.
Speaker 1: Discuss A friend of mine who works for the federal government said, texted me this yesterday. President Biden just gave all federal employees Thursday off to honor and remember President Carter paid holiday.
Speaker 2: Thank you, dear taxpayers.
Speaker 1: Wow, what the hell? Please get Biden out of office? How soon can we do that?
Speaker 2: A week? That's pretty soon? Please someone a week?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, someone explained to me, how you justify that so that segment of society gets a day off? No big deal. It's all paid for by all the other people, which is a vast majority of us, like almost all of us, who are paying for it, and we have to go to work, of course we do. Someday I will be recognized. Let's make this about me, and the Getty principle will be spoken of far and wide, and that is that the government, and more specifically, particularly in blue states, unionized government workers have become the most important lobbyist of government. They now run the government for themselves to a large extent, and that is perverted our politics in this country. I gotta believe so. I spend else with Biden do that? Why name a single damn reason. Come on, I spent a lot of time thinking about the overall structure of our country. Over the break, I listened to a long podcast with some law professors about the Constitution and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: Then ended up going to Washington, d C.
Speaker 1: And seeing the Founding documents in person and reading various quotes from the Founding fathers, I gotta believe that universally, as much as they fought with each other, and they solidly disagreed with each other on so many issues, like you're going to destroy the country we've already been started. I mean, they really believe the other side was wrong. But I got to believe that they would all be an agreement that it's completely too big and into too much of our lives.
Speaker 2: At this point, I gotta believe every one of them. I think you're a hundred percent right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Because and there are I don't know two three four central principles that informed everything that went into the Constitution, and.
Speaker 2: One of those was power always.
Speaker 1: Wants to centralize, and the Constitution was built to resist that impulse. It's been true since the days of the cavemen. It was truth through the Middle Ages. It's true now. Power wants to accumulate, it wants to centralize, and we the people have been seduced into letting that happen because we've been promised that a powerful central government will give us everything we dream and paraphrase Jefferson, it is therefore powerful enough to take away everything we have.
Speaker 2: But we've been seduced.
Speaker 1: I got into the argument, and I won't get into it here. Maybe later that Madison was strongly against the Bill of Rights, just thought it was a terrible idea, argued so strongly to try to convince all of his fellow voters there at the Constitutional Convention that the Bill of Rights was a terrible idea, but he lost the argument. And then say, okay, I lost the argument. Here's how we ought to do it, if we're going to do it, which I just thought I could, if we could do that, now where you just.
Speaker 2: You lost the argument.
Speaker 1: Okay, fine, now I'm going to get on board with Let's try to make this the best it can be. Since this is what the majority of you have decided. We're so far from that now. Anyway, another day, this could be the story that dominates the year.
Speaker 2: I hope it's not here.
Speaker 3: We go health officials reporting the first death from bird flu in the US. The patient, who was over sixty five with underlying health conditions, had been hospitalized in Louisiana since mid December after being exposed to the virus through a flock of birds in a backyard. The CDC analyzed the virus in that Louisiana patient and found concerning new mutations which could help the virus infect people more easily, but so far, there has been no evidence of human to human spread. Health officials urging the public to avoid consuming unpasteurized dairy products. Public health officials are also warning not to feed your pets raw food after at least one cat in Oregon died from the virus.
Speaker 1: So is this an attempt by me to scare you bubbling is no? I just think you need to know that story is out there and the media is on it, and once again, having learned nothing, apparently from the coverage of the whole COVID thing, this person with horrible health, who is also quite old and already in the hospital for a long time, died with bird flu. Not of bird flu, but with bird flu. There's a big difference. It's Scott Anthony Faucis issued a statement to ordering everyone to wear mittens and begin all sentences with verbs, because that's the science. Go get some mittens, for instance, said the great doctor who represents science. Al Right, bird first, bird flu death. Somebody with really bad health who had gotten bird flu died, God rested their souls couldn't have withstood home mine.
Speaker 2: Okay, bird size, well, it's illustrative.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, some oldster who God bless their souls couldn't have survived any infection.
Speaker 2: Fair enough. You know, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Worried about the damn bird flu. I'm worried about the damn man eaten worm in Texas.
Speaker 2: Did you see this?
Speaker 1: The New World screw worm, which is a pretty good name. It's it's Latin name Haman novorax means man eater, and it's it's spreading up from Mexico. We eradicated it in the US years and years ago, nineteen sixty six. It's horrific. It screws its way. It's a slow down. I'm sorry, I'm a little excited about this. I am just becoming aware of this. I need to take it in a way that I can digest it. So there is a worm that can kill larva. Yeah, yes, and it's in Texas and it's spreading, yes northward, all right, yes it's and again we eradicated it in nineteen sixty six after an extensive federal and states sterilization product.
Speaker 2: It's the larva of a fly. The what's the name of the fly? You fly? Don't bother me, I can't remember some damn fly. Anyway, it is.
Speaker 1: It is evidence that God has forsaken us. It is the worst thing I've ever heard of. It is the worst insect on Earth's bar.
Speaker 2: None.
Speaker 1: Uh. Texas Tech School of Veterinary Medicine said, hey, it's gonna it could have devastating effects on the health of our livestock. But the screwworm begins its rain of terror when the female lays her eggs into the into an open wound or orifice. The female flies are drawn to the open wounds and orifices by the odors they emit. They can be as small as a tick bite, oh, a nasal or eye opening, a navel of a newborn, or genitalia. I tend to keep my genitalia covered, so I think I'm okay, there, and we appreciate it.
Speaker 2: These eggs then hatch into dangerous larvae that burrow into the wound like screws.
Speaker 1: Females can lay two hundred to three hundred eggs at once. Oh my god, I'm gonna faint.
Speaker 2: But the country is on edge.
Speaker 1: So did you say somebody has died of it? No, no, it's but it's it's creeping its way north. It primarily affects live stock, but it can infect humans.
Speaker 2: Okay, good god, run for your lives.
Speaker 1: The fact that the bird flew death was one of the lead teases on all the evening national newscasts concerned me, Like they get so excited about that sort of thing. Oh yeah, yeah, people don't tune out of being frightened. It's a ratings ploy to constantly keep you frightened. It works politically too, As Menkin said, you know, politics is trotting out an endless series hob goblins to terrify you into voting one way or another. We won't do it here, except for the screwworm. It is terrifying. Tell your children just before they try to go to sleep tonight about this worm that burrows its way into your orifices. Well, the country is on edge on the exactly the country is on the country is on.
Speaker 2: Edge on the bird flu thing. Now. I know some people on the right.
Speaker 1: Believe this is an effort the government wants to get the bird flu thing going as a scare to try to really limit a lot of livestock stuff or take control of that because the government wants to have more control over the food.
Speaker 2: Thank you. There you go, the.
Speaker 1: Food source that we have in America, particularly people that provide their own food. So right, right, an excuse to take more control. Yeah, isn't that that that needs to be the same. I think cut the Jive in twenty five might be the right theme. And Michael, the fabulous clip you keep playing.
Speaker 2: Go ahead. The country is on edge the.
Speaker 1: Never ending drum beat of trying to motivates politically or sociologically or whatever by these fake harum scareum things.
Speaker 2: That's all right, I'm on the I'm on the beat. I'm on the hunt.
Speaker 1: You can only do that so many times, though, can't you have? Before people start saying, ah, whatever, bring it on. Well, we're at like four billion I think and counting in this country. Okay, so uh, we got no, we don't have k Katie's ill. She's got the I heard her sneeze it you call. I think it might be the BF the bird, certainly, hope not. But we've got more news of the day on the way. I really want to get into some of the stuff that went on yesterday around the big certification really constitutional box checking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, kidding, no kidding.
Speaker 1: It was. It was all the drama of like, you know, filling out your car rental agreement and other stuff on the way, so stay here.
Speaker 4: Yesterday, during an event at the White House, President Biden brought a young man up on stage just say him happy birthday, and well just watch.
Speaker 1: This, Happy birthday, Happy birthday.
Speaker 2: At birthday all right? Well he still got it. That's good, he said. I ended up in a situation like that over the break. Who was it?
Speaker 1: Obviously wasn't my son his birthday. I was at some birthday thing and people started singing. In about two lines into the song, I realized, I do not remember this person's name, Happy birthdayed Bell. You know. When he sang happy birthday my son who turned thirteen. I ended with here comes puberty and uh and I got bad looks. Oh no, wonder why I thought there was again. No, oh no, no, too big a thing. No, puberty is too big a thing. Yeah, you don't throw in a witty line at the end of a song. My son's excited about puberty. He's constantly asking. He says, do you see any here on my lip?
Speaker 2: And he hear my lip? This is my voice? Sound any deeper? Today? He's all right.
Speaker 1: He wants because he saw go through it, and his brother seems like a grown man, and girls seemed.
Speaker 2: To get and all that sort of thing, so he wants. He's looking forward to it. Excellent.
Speaker 1: Actually, yesterday, my thirteen year old he said, do you think I'm taller? And I said you might be. He said, I was looking at my feet in the shower today and they just seem further away.
Speaker 2: That's beautiful.
Speaker 1: A couple of things from my notes before I get to something somewhat serious and thoughtful. First quote from Albert Einstein that I thought was really good. Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe, yeah, which is pretty good. And I came across this, which is finding out stripper poles spin in place instead of strippers around the poles. Is the grown ups finding out Santa isn't real.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that. I didn't know that either. I didn't know that either.
Speaker 1: But now that I think about it, the few times I've seen strippers on stripper poles, which is not very many times, that's how you do it. The poll spins. You're not spinning around the pole. The poll spins which holes, which is much easier to do.
Speaker 2: Hanging on the pole.
Speaker 1: That's spinning much easier than I'm spinning around it with Like my I always wondered how you get your legs to not squeak against the metal bowl or your hands or whatever. So that explains it, you know, I hadn't given it a moment's thought. Kind of ashamed of that because now that you pointed out, yeah, it's practically a physical impossibility to what they seem to be doing growing up their exotic dancers.
Speaker 2: By the way, growing up Aquillan finding out sand isn't real. That's so there you go.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to be more big picture in the year twenty twenty five as opposed to some of the daily nonsense that gets so much attention in some media, and it's meaningless big picture and this is a big picture thing. I remember how much time I got Michael, I want to lunch into a big picture thing, and I got no time.
Speaker 2: I'd be ironic, wouldn't it. Yeah?
Speaker 1: It a half, no problem perfect. So I remember, Oh, Gladys Gladys working in twenty five? Did we because Joe and I renewed our contract. We're going to be around for several more years?
Speaker 2: What what?
Speaker 1: But I didn't know if Gladys signed on too. Gladys signed on too, cool, So Gladys is going to be with us for the next several years.
Speaker 2: God Willing.
Speaker 1: I remember when Barack Obama was elected in two thousand and eight and George Will saying on the TV, it's interesting that this sticks in my mind, saying the treat.
Speaker 2: Gotta get the line right.
Speaker 1: He said, the retreat of the state is over, and I thought, wow, that is fascinating. So he was looking at when Ronald Reagan came into office, through two terms of Reagan, Bush and even two terms of Clinton. When Bill Clinton ran on, the era of big government is over. The state was in retreat and it ended with Barack Obama. And it has been that way now for a couple of decades with just the growth of the government through des and rs, bigger and more expensive everything. And then this article in the Wall Street Journal that I came across over the weekend, the progressive moment in global politics is over, at least for now. This past year showed that the progressive politics that have dominated most industrialized countries over the past two decades, so the period of time since Barack Obama, after you know, several decades of a retreat of the state, the state has been growing, and in our face that dominated over the past two decades is more is shifting to the right because of working class anxieties, economy, immigration, fatigue with issues from climate change to identity politics, all that sort of stuff. So it looks like we're it is flipped back to the other side again, at least for now and hopefully for a couple of decades at least.
Speaker 2: At the risk of.
Speaker 1: Being a sounding smug, the Wall Street Journal could have saved some ink by just saying the backlash was because progressive policies yield miserable results. The problem is that a lot of that spending and growth is locked in. Yes, that is a huge problem, A lot, I mean nothing is permanent, at least in a republic democracy like we've got, but a lot of it would be really really hard to undo. And of course money spent is money spent. There's nothing you do about that. You got to pay it back, right right. Yeah. The great danger of democracy is that a benefit that wasn't imagined for the past five hundred years given on Tuesday, if you try to take it back the next day, realize you've made a mistake, people will howl like you're skinning them. So, to paraphrase George Will, it looks like the retreat of the working man is over, which is good news.
Speaker 2: We've got more to come. Stay with us, Armstrong and Getty