Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season two eighty nine, Episode.
Speaker 2: Two of.
Speaker 1: Day production of iHeart Radio.
Speaker 3: This is a.
Speaker 2: Podcast where we take a deep dive.
Speaker 1: Into America's shared consciousness. And it is Wednesday, May thirty, first, twenty twenty three. Oh yeah, goodbye May, Hello June.
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 3: Also goodbye to tobacco. It's World No Tobacco Day. Also National Smile Day, World Pair Day, National Utah Day, National Senior Helping Fitness Day, National Flip Flop Day, okay, and Necrotizing Fasciitis Awareness Day.
Speaker 1: The anti tobacco movement. Really I was at a party this weekend where like everyone was smoking for like the first time in a lot of time, and I was like, man, this is so weird and crazy. How how successful the move is? At a kid's birthday party, Yeah, the kid's birthday party. All the kids were just hacking away and I was like, man, it's this is like the olden.
Speaker 2: Days, all right, Yeah, when men were men. That's right, smoking filter the reds.
Speaker 3: Wait, was it just like just you just like suddenly you were in a very cigarette heavy environment.
Speaker 1: I was weird. I think there were like some Europeans present, and so yeah, my name is Jack O'Brien aka fights with white lattice, keep happening, teaching her tactics the boat no no end.
Speaker 2: She said, fuck you, Yeah, yeah, fuck you.
Speaker 1: That is courtesy of Christy amach Man. It's some white satin. He couldn't tell what I was screaming about. And I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host, mister Miles.
Speaker 4: Miles k AKA at seven point thirty run suicides in the fucking lot. Then I walk with these huge plumpers and as guy Hardwich milkshake, that big gotom.
Speaker 5: Can't you see it's Jack Stuys.
Speaker 2: We're dying for now. I'm feeling more low wow than I ever have before. Jacks a brick butt of also god legs.
Speaker 4: Here's an NCA about my plumpers.
Speaker 2: Jack's a brick butt off fall so god legs. Okay?
Speaker 3: Anyway, shout out to Lacaroni for that Ben Folds inspired AKA, Yes, I do in fact also have legs.
Speaker 1: Jack has a brick has the yeah, very very impressive thicky thick legs.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'll get the measuring tape out food go there, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: We get jumped on it. Out of because I knew the truth, I felt insecure about the thickness of my legs.
Speaker 2: Next time, ye ye know he's got blumpers. Yeah, you know, sure, just like these days.
Speaker 1: These are blumpers, Miles top the first time in the History show, we're trying a new public cation schedule. Some you can do summer as an abrieve. We're gonna do a mere eight episode the week. We're gonna try some new episode formats for you, the listener. The difference will be one episode on Friday, one episode on Monday, the regular two episodes everything else Tuesday mornings episode. We're gonna try some different stuff out interview uh experts. We'll see interesting. Yeah, and we want to hear from you, So hit us at at daily you guys on Twitter or in the discord, keep letting us know about your job, your jobs, what's something interesting? You know, we all tend to be, you know, in the same business. But we've gotten some great submissions from listeners, so keep them keep home coming, Miles. We are thrilled to be joined in our third Oh yeah, very funny stand up comedian, writer, actor, producer, creator of poast rattle compliment contests never seen it, podcasts where famous comedians rewrite classic movies they've never seen. He hosted the podcast Faking a Murderer, where he talked with eight comedians for eight hours about the show Making a Murderer, but didn't tell his guests that he'd never seen it. I know those are old credits, but they are very funny. He's very funny. Welcome to the show. The hilarious Kyle.
Speaker 2: We did.
Speaker 5: Some of those are still around. You know, it's hard to make puns out of new true crime shows. Otherwise I would be out here pretending to know about those. You know, there's not the the didn't winks, It's hard. The Jinx is even my newest reference. You can tell how much television.
Speaker 1: I watch Winks.
Speaker 2: The Stinks.
Speaker 1: It's me.
Speaker 5: Did you guys hear about this? Lindbergh, Baby, I'm here to tell you about this new true crime things very hot.
Speaker 3: The Stinks is a podcast where you just keep farting with your guests in the room, but when they.
Speaker 5: Bring it out on our fitbitun discussion earlier time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I know we were talking. I mean, let's take them back through it. You know we're talking about Succession finale. Yeah, we were talking about how you know, I think our last sentiment before we went into the weekend was it would be awesome if they somehow pressaged the Orca attacks yeah, and had like all the succession children get their whole ship bit. Yeah. And then they were like swimming around in the ocean at right, and they're like, I don't want to get in there, there's too many sharks. And then they got in there.
Speaker 2: Did you start levitating when that happened?
Speaker 3: Because I almost like a fucking I almost like had the hydrogen atom like burned into my forehead, like fucking doctor Manhattan.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yes, I'm seeing it all. Now, their whole shit shall be bit.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: But thet is so cruel.
Speaker 5: They could have got eaten by a regular shark and people would have said, you guys weren't even close because you said Orca's right. You didn't predict anything.
Speaker 2: You said, fucking orcas dumb, dumb. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But upon reiterating, we wanted to see them get their whole ship bit, Kyle, you came up with a brilliant invention.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, to track your bowel movements and the health of your poos. There's the ship bit, yeah, which lets you know how many how many times I would say the opposite of steps, how many times you your legs fall asleep on the toilet every day?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 5: If you don't like the ship bit, you can get the crap a watch. It works with iOS, just kind of depending on what operating Yeah, ibs, that's tim uncooked salmon is in ar of the crapple watch. I believe.
Speaker 3: Would that be a toilet or a peripheral device you wear? I feel like the toilet is would be the most effective tool.
Speaker 5: It's just all about getting you into their ecosystem. Yeah, the system, the system.
Speaker 1: The biome, the Apple biome.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: This is gonna be fun. It's is gonna be the orca to Shark Closeness in like five years. There's something that's gonna come out. They're gonna make You didn't call it the right name, so you didn't predict it.
Speaker 1: That's right, right, we got to keep it thing all right, Well, that's what you can expect from this episode. How we're going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment. Sure, First, a couple of the news stories that we should probably talk about, the debt ceiling crisis averted a victory for no one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how part of it you are?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So we'll talk about that. We'll talk about how America is rethinking the whole parking spot thing. We've talked about Harris and some cities and the Netherlands. They're doing the very minimum the beginning steps of starting to think about maybe we don't want our cities just completely swallowed by cars and parking lots. So we'll talk about that. We'll talk about Pedro Pascal being officially too nice, to the point that he let fans give him an eyem fantatically too kind. Yes, the doctor has some notes for him. And Connecticut finally did the right thing and pardoned people with marijuana con Oh no, I'm sorry that that's not happening. Pardoned people convicted of witchcraft centuries ago. That might sound like just a symbolic gesture that is like, yeah, obviously you're gonna do that if you haven't done it already. They tried in two thousand and eight and like, couldn't get it passed. Going, I don't know, we're still looking into it, folks.
Speaker 2: What the fuck?
Speaker 5: You gotta think those sentencings were light as a feather stiff as a board. I like, that's probably what the judge said as he handed them down.
Speaker 1: Absolutely before we get to any of it, Kyle, we do like to ask our guests. Yeah, yeah, what is something from your search history?
Speaker 5: My search history today was is mid century modern?
Speaker 2: Real?
Speaker 5: I'm trying to sell a chair, just like I got this old desk chair that's like wood and leather, and it looks every time I try, you try and sell something or buy something, everything's mid century monitoring the whole people be like mid century modern Los Angeles Dodgers, Clayton, Kershaw, Bobblehead.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry what I mean.
Speaker 3: His takes on religion are from the mid century.
Speaker 5: Every single thing, every time, everything they do is this. Everything is a mid I'm like, is that mid sentry modern? Because like it says Nokia, like, I don't know how this could possible.
Speaker 1: Everything game on it, but it is mid century.
Speaker 5: It's the snake oil game. That's why it's mid century modern. I don't know what that means. I don't know what miss I thought mind thing was that because it looks like a fake Eames chair, So I thought that's what it was. I'm gesturing to it like it's going to defend itself. Over here in the corner is that piece of ship? I mean, look that right?
Speaker 1: Mid century So mid century modern is became popular in the early nineteen hundreds, So it doesn't know what's like the name, what exactly are we doing here?
Speaker 2: Oh wait, that's the beginning of that. I had no idea.
Speaker 3: I mean again, I just took it as like a catch all basically for like minimal Scandinavian looking furniture.
Speaker 5: That's kind of what I was like. It looks like, ikea, you didn't get there, But I'm probably wrong about that too, So I'm just figure out.
Speaker 1: What that mid century modern, and then gave up and just googled that, so that that's where I'm getting the detailed download from the spruce dot com that mid century modern can be considered a subset of modern designed that became popular in the early nineteen hundreds.
Speaker 5: Because you don't get information if you google is my chair midcenter? They want to know more about it, right, which I don't know why I accept all cookies if not for them to know what kind of chair I have. So I don't know, I'm trying to say. And then all I got is scammers want to buy my chair. Who's like, I would love your chair. What six digit code just got emailed to you? And I was it had to do with my chair?
Speaker 2: Wow? Wait, is that really like a phishing scam people do?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, here's a com I mean, I have a conversation that I had with someone here about the scam where I said, he said, talk about asking for a six digit code and I said, sorry, I can't sell chair. I died of SIDS, which was you know, I'm just tired of the scammers. And he said, you can't sell a chair because you're dead. I'm like, yeah, I died from SIDS. I told you in the earlier text message. I don't get the six digit code. And then he got really.
Speaker 2: Upset because he made a SIDS joke.
Speaker 5: I think because I wouldn't give him the password to my email because he's sending me like a Gmail. You know, he's like sending you.
Speaker 3: Two factor if he was like, you know what, you shouldn't play around with that man.
Speaker 2: Safe Sleep is the name of the game.
Speaker 3: It's about Safe Sleep saves a lot of lives but also starting to get in the back of a lot of heads.
Speaker 5: I have a mid century modern son who almost died of SIDS.
Speaker 1: Early nineteen hundred, but he's now fifty.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: So I'm trying to figure out what mid century modern is because you can't self furniture, especially. I don't know if it's everywhere, but in Los Angeles it's like, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Absurd everywhere. I mean, I'm guilty of it too.
Speaker 3: I remember I was trying to get rid of like a China hutch that was like that I got like from a I don't know, like just it was gifted through someone because they're like, it's an antique, it's worth taking, and it was not going anywhere. And then I just literally said, it's mid century modern. Someone came and picked that shit up in fifteen minutes, right.
Speaker 5: I always to me, I thought mid century modern meant like a white lady repainted the dresser, right, that's all. She sand it down, that trash and repainted it. It looks nice.
Speaker 1: You can get by on a technicality there. You just have a white lady come by and paint your trash trash can. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So that's what I've been spending too much time on today.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 2: What is uh?
Speaker 1: What'suff do you think is overrated.
Speaker 5: All right, every time I do this, I have a hard time deciding, but I have too. The first thing I think is overrated is nonstick cooking pans. Okay, I am, I am a stainless steel cooking pan. Guy, I am back. You gotta just let your pan heat up properly. Your egg won't stick if you let it heat up properly. These things last forever. They're great pans, the non stick stuff. Eventually you're like, did I just eat aluminum?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Am I eating like you're eating like a I don't know, like little chips of stuff of wall?
Speaker 1: Yeah? A little?
Speaker 2: Am I free basing teflon? Right?
Speaker 1: Some sort of non Newtonian like.
Speaker 5: Sensory modern nonstick coating?
Speaker 1: I think that.
Speaker 5: I think they just based it with lead and asbestos and merge that onto your pan. But I love, I'm all about give me these shiny shots, let it heat up. Relax, you got this, guys. I know it's simple and easy to cook an egg on a green pan or whatever. Just let the aluminum one.
Speaker 2: Make sure you have like enough oil on it, some oil on heat oil. You're good. You aren't gonna do anything on that thing. The thing is easier to easier to clean because you can't. You'll never have to be like, oh, can I put this on the stainless steel? Yeah? You can. Fuck you can brush the fuck out thing.
Speaker 5: I gotta. I got a couple of stain steas and I got some cast eyes, and I'm good to go, and I'm feeling good. And you know, when it comes to the cast cast iron doesn't require the insane baby treatment that it used to because soap is no longer deadly, which is just a great sentence, and so you can put soap on it now, so come up, because soap also doesn't include whatever weird thing used to be bad for stuff. It's fun to be like, remember stuff used to clean with that's cancer?
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, that turns out that is just direct cancer, right lead liquid.
Speaker 3: I had a roommate who I remember he like lost it on this person who was dating because they watched their cast iron was soap, And that was like my first like venture into being like, I don't need one of those.
Speaker 2: If not, I.
Speaker 5: Believe cast iron seriousness is a red flag, and men predominantly anybody but cast iron seriousness amongst a guy who couldn't pitch a tent is. And I don't mean like get a boner, I mean like actually put a tent up.
Speaker 1: Now, that's what that's what we're kind of into these making fun of these boys.
Speaker 5: Is my Viaga rip off called cast Iron that you don't even have to wash it because you can't put soap on there.
Speaker 2: Oh man, there you go, get one zip and your casting iron.
Speaker 5: So that was what I said was overrated. That in the word content.
Speaker 1: Oh come on, man, Holse, are you going to describe art?
Speaker 5: I thought that was the beginning of the end, was when they we decided none of none of anything anyone created was art because now you don't have to pay people for it like it was art. Imagine, I'm gonna go to I'm gonna go to the louver and take a picture of some content.
Speaker 1: Yeah. My favorite content creator probably Martin Scorsese, Vincent van.
Speaker 2: Go Mine, a little carpenter by the name of Jesus Christ.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 5: You know the C and JC was for content, that's right, just content Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah.
Speaker 1: What is what you think is underrated?
Speaker 5: Underrated? Okay, all right, everybody, I'm not good underrated. I think following sports is underrated. Following sports. It's fun to make fun of sports.
Speaker 1: You're doing.
Speaker 5: Sports is the biggest It's the biggest thing in the world. Sport's the biggest thing in the world, right probably, it's like the biggest thing that ever. A lot of people like. It's still underrated because everyone loves trash TV and terrible storylines with entitled rich people. Boy, let me tell you about a little thing called sports. This is the longest running soap opera in the history of the world. We are in season like ninety of Basketball the sport, if not more than that, we're in like season sixty of everyone being allowed to be cast in basketball the sport. And we're in like season you know, one hundred and eighty of baseball. The show Baseball goes so far back. There's dudes named like bird like first name, right, yeah, exactly, that's my legal name, Treman. And so sports, Oh, storylines are so good, the people are so entertaining. Even if you don't like the sport, if you don't like basketball, it doesn't matter because you could get super into the people involved. I'm out here, I know what kind of coffee Jimmy Butler likes to make out of a fancy espresso machine. This is insane things that I know about these people, but it makes it so good. Yeah, it makes it so good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But I mean, what do you what are you? You've been watching the conference finals? I watched the NBA.
Speaker 5: I don't even like any of the NBA teams more than any of the other ones. I just kind of root for whatever would happen in this television show to make around me the funniest. So I'm watching the conference finals in the NBA. I'm from Kansas City. They don't even have a team, and so I'm like, it would be funny if Boston came back from three to zero and then lost. Because I live in Los Angeles, where everyone roots against Boston. That's their second favorite sports team. Is Boston losing, and so that's hilarious.
Speaker 2: To watch every however, he is playing Boston right exactly.
Speaker 5: Everyone loves Miami and now ever, it's so it's so funny to watch everyone in Los Angeles panic that Boston and then it not happened. It just feels great. It's so hilarious. You know, Baseball, that's almost Baseball is more of like an audiobook than a TV show at this point. But it's just a funny, long running soap opera and you can jump into any time and people be like, this guy who used to be on the show was crazy and now he's dead.
Speaker 2: And now he's the coach. Right.
Speaker 5: Imagine if you're watching a soap opera and a guy shows back up and he's like, I'm the director of the soap opera now right, Yeah, you died in a colema nine years ago.
Speaker 2: Also, this referee scandalous. Behind the scenes, he's talking so much ship with a burner phone.
Speaker 5: You can you can get so into this. You can be as as deep or as shallow as you want into it. There's no entry level for fandom for sports. You really for a lot of them now because the Internet, you don't really even have to love the sport. Yeah you just look at me, crammed. These two huge football players have a podcast. Now what are we doing? Like, it's just ridiculous. It's a ridiculous thing. I think it's underrated. It's fun to make fun of sports. Bah. Sports ball is a funny thing to say. It's the longest running best soap opera. Uh ever, yeah, I'm gonna I don't think saying sports ball is a funny thing to say. Personally, I'm gonna I'm gonna tell our non sports loving listeners, let's let's just move on to a different stance, find a new angle.
Speaker 4: Bit.
Speaker 1: It's just like it just feels like it's been done.
Speaker 5: And you know, sports fans in Canada call it sports puck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, four and can tell me.
Speaker 2: They're like, hey, is that sports horse? Sports horse? Yeah?
Speaker 5: It is, actually And then I got a couple of other underrated things. Trash candy. I love terrible candy everyone hates, but that's not you know. I love black liquorice. I love Circus peanuts. I love burnt peanuts. Anything that kids would throw away on Halloween is like the stuff I love. When you said trash candy, I thought you were making another pun.
Speaker 2: And I was like, what is this?
Speaker 5: Trash candy is my drag name? No, I love.
Speaker 3: Trash candy, little trash cans.
Speaker 1: You can eat fourth trash can the one I don't need. And I'm selling by letting a white woman peanut. Yeah.
Speaker 5: All the candy people want to like throw away or hate, they can't. I love orange slot, Circus peanuts, I do love those or I.
Speaker 1: Have Circus peanuts and I love away. First you like that, I was gonna that was the one that was on. I was like, no way, this man's gonna.
Speaker 5: Taste like you're eating an old baseball card and I don't hate it.
Speaker 3: Right, You're like, I love the gum that used to come with baseball. I ate that when I we were kind of gum.
Speaker 5: When I was ten, my dad got me a pack of cards from nineteen eighty eight, the year I was born, and I ate the gum that was in there, and I like And then he's like like, why did I think it trumbles into dust?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: Oh it does? Oh.
Speaker 3: Second you bite it, it like cracks like the fucking like salt and sea floor and then like you get like maybe one or.
Speaker 5: Two choose before it just turns it absolutely. It's like you're eating a vampire in the sun.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: But I love those those those candies. Maybe it was like a I wish I hadn't brought this up in therapy once about the candy that I love. But I think maybe it was a hoarding defense mechanism where I thought I could get more if I liked what no one wanted, like the bad stuff. Wow, And my therapist was like, actually, we're done for today or so.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, all that stuff is microplastics. I hope you're good with that. I am. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I use them to cote my cast iron.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know that. I believe that like every piece of gum that you swallow like sits in your gut for I'm pretty sure that's been debunked, like for fifteen years. I'm pretty sure every piece of baseball card gum that I chewed dissolved into my mouth and just swallowed it is still with me in some form.
Speaker 5: It's almost the equivalent of a steroid exactly. That all the bound stuff Jose Canseco's head that just hits some old gum. That's why I bounced so much. See, if you liked the TV show Baseball, you would know about a character named Jose Conseco, who is more insane than any soap opera anyways.
Speaker 1: One of the great yeah, one of the great characters of all time.
Speaker 5: Team with his skull.
Speaker 2: That's right, it's a header, man, it's a header.
Speaker 1: Yeah. All right, let's take a quick break. We'll be right back, and we're back.
Speaker 2: We're back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So the dead ceiling crisis was averted as Miles You said it would be. You had a feeling like, guys.
Speaker 3: I've been saying this forever as long as and I think many other pundits of like, they're gonna do this every time, they're gonna go.
Speaker 2: It's a fuck, it could be a disaster, but we're gonna find a deal.
Speaker 1: We're not gonna find a.
Speaker 3: Deal, or they'll be like, there's no way we can back this kind of spending. We need to clamp down on spending. We don't care if the economy goes into a shutdown. And they're like, actually, though, don't worry, we're gonna find a deal. We're gonna find a deal. It's like they had to say one thing for their base and then another for the markets, where they're like, don't worry, there's still gonna be money. But also for our partisan listeners at home, we.
Speaker 6: Don't negotiate with terrorists or we're gonna get them to fucking roll back everything about the environment or whatever the things that the GOP was going for.
Speaker 3: So you know, we're here, and it again true to form the We've just all it would do is arrive at a moment where the Republicans would use their majority to basically cut spending.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 3: That's all that happens with these like debt ceiling fucking crises quote unquote. Is really it's like a time for dark money and other people to just be like, hey, why don't you guys like just avoid looking at this loophole really quick. That allows us to get a lot of money to like people that run hedge funds and.
Speaker 2: Things like that. Because a lot of the talk right now, depending on where you get your.
Speaker 3: News, it's like the GOP took an l or like this is the best Biden could do, Thank God for Joe Brandon, or it's like or progressives are like, Joe Brandon.
Speaker 2: Completely fucked that up. Wow, what the fuck was that?
Speaker 3: The fact of the matter is they just made it very hard to get food stamps now, essentially froze non military spending and gave away billions to the wealthy. Yeah, and that's that's really where.
Speaker 5: We're at at the moment, and it's important that we keep spending in the two categories of money, non and non non military, right, yeah, the two places money can go absolutely.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is like when they can barely account for their own like like trillions of dollars and assets, and like recently there's like a three billion dollar like miscalculation that they found and they didn't even make like no one even.
Speaker 2: Talked about it.
Speaker 5: I would imagine they were calculating all the debt and then someone typed eight zero zero eight five into the calculator, showed it to someone, and then that screwed up a comma somewhere and three billion dollars was lost seven.
Speaker 2: Seventy three four two oh six.
Speaker 1: Was that go to hell?
Speaker 2: Got em? But yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know about that one.
Speaker 3: It's just like I think again when you look at like, for example, the Biden the GOP agreed to not close a loophole that's basically a fifty billion dollar giveaway to the wealthiest Americans. Like it's it's a pass through loophole that allows people to use like a pass through entity like a private equity firm or hedge fund, or law firms or medical practices to bypass a ten thousand dollars limit on state and local tax write offs.
Speaker 5: You know, the things everyone has access to, the things You and I have.
Speaker 3: Access to a medical practice because I'm writing off over ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: I feel like I can breathe again now that I can write off more than ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: Off three quarters of my yearly salary, right, I mean and again, like all like all that would need to happen for something like this would just be for like the IRS to enforce the fucking laws.
Speaker 3: But guess what the Democrats and Republicans also, they they've just agreed, Hey, you know what, we can we cannot really fund the IRS. We can slash that budget down a little bit because basically means there's less hall monitors to pay attention to the tax cheat fuckery. So the people that end up winning the wealthy, the people that end up losing people in need, like if you're on like you know, snap program, or let's say, fucking student debt, because now he's essentially codified the end of the student loan. Well he's basically saying payments will resume at the end of August. So just a rare win for the rich. Yeah, it's good to see him back.
Speaker 1: Interpations finally got one, and they've been on a long losing street.
Speaker 5: They hadn't won anything since earlier in the email.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's just like it's just like a really fucking you know, it's the wild thing is like right on the right wing, they're like.
Speaker 6: You know, fucking McCarthy screwed us. We're not going to vote for this.
Speaker 3: And the Progressives and the Democratic Party like what a fucking clown show, Like you could have passed the fucking debt ceiling resolution in the lame duck session between the election and the like swearing in of the new class when you had the votes, but you fucking didn't, and now you have to sit down with these fucking creeps who are just gonna make you slash more social spending, which is the name of the fucking game. And it really that really just gives cover to the Democrats to cut.
Speaker 1: Social spending, right, and what their corporate benefactors or corporate bosses want anyways, right.
Speaker 3: Because hey, their bosses, they're not going to fuck up their their benefactor's financial situation by throwing the economy into a fucking manufactured recession, for damn sure. So they're like, all right, so here, we'll give you that loophole. We won't we won't touch the tax the Trump tax cuts. It's just like there's nothing like, so, where are you gonna make this revenue from? Not much of their just a lot of cuts and shit like that. So uh, now the drama will be kicked down the road and we'll see if today. I mean they're voting on it today. The New York Times is.
Speaker 2: Like, please sign the thing now.
Speaker 5: It's perfect.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's as best as we can do.
Speaker 3: But yeah, right now McCarthy's trying to see if he has the votes because that could be the last little bit of drama.
Speaker 2: They might hold this thing up.
Speaker 1: They might ask for like every every classroom has an assault rifle or not something like that. Like they're like, we got to push this through at.
Speaker 3: The last yeah, I mean yeah, yeah, I mean like right now, you know, Biden and McCarthy have come together to basically like fuck off the wings of their party to be be like, all right, you got enough people in your pocket, because I got enough people in mind that we can push this budget through. Like we can lose all of the freedom coccus freaks and all of the progressive they can vote against it, but we can come together in the name of centrism.
Speaker 2: To get it done.
Speaker 3: And now they're patting themselves on the back and like some people like bite it.
Speaker 2: Does it again, and it's like, no, he still got it.
Speaker 5: Sneaky Joe, I'm trying to catch through it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so sneak, sneaker through it all right. America is rethinking the whole parking spot thing. So there's there's a new book by a guy named Henry Graber that's pointing out like specifically New York City could repurpose some of its three million curb side parking lots, which would then provide but like the amount of space that's taken up by parking in just New York City, to put things in perspective, is the area equivalent to fifty two Central parks. That's like, how is that physically possible? Because every street in the city is lined on both sides.
Speaker 5: With everything and there's no alleys in the York Yeah, they don't have a could.
Speaker 2: You make fifty two?
Speaker 3: Like what's like, what is the proportion of Central Park to Man, I'm sorry, I'm getting like real nerdy here. I'm like, could you've said about one fifty tooth of the amount of parking that there is? If you need to visualize.
Speaker 1: It, that's actually really helpful to put it now, I can picture it. Yeah, I mean it wouldn't like you wouldn't be able to move the buildings around and create fifty two central parks obviously, Like the equivalent square footage is what they're saying, equivalent square footage.
Speaker 5: You know how your intestines are like seven thousand miles long or whatever they are. That's what parking is like in New York City.
Speaker 2: And look mush them above.
Speaker 5: You're like, there's no way that my crap a watch could fit.
Speaker 2: And do all that, and now unwind it.
Speaker 5: Parks there's and then that makes the sidewalks where the trash goes right exactly.
Speaker 1: Well, that is one of the things people are pointing out is like it would make it possible for there to be proper trash storage so that you could actually, you know, put trash in New York City in contain. No, it does not currently happen. And it's why New York is synonymous with like having a horrible swarming rat problem.
Speaker 5: Not only does it not happen. When you type that sentence out in the dock, a red squiggly line goes underneath it. That's like how little New York has for trash cleanup.
Speaker 1: But like just living in New York there are like these massive snow banks of trash on the sidewalk. Sometimes it's it's truly wild.
Speaker 3: I remember as a kid we put like we pushed our friend into it when we're walking because they're like, dude, when he gets next to just fucking launched him in and he disappeared.
Speaker 2: We haven't seen him since I just shouldered him.
Speaker 5: If you don't do it down that opportunity, you can do it nine feet later at the slightly larger Yeah. I think that I don't think this was an efficient way for cities to rebuild. But New york Is has never quite fully burned down like like San Francisco and Chicago like to do. And what happened when San Francisco and Chicago burned down those parts of the city have nice alleyways for storing trash.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying that's I think maybe this parking thing is a better idea than purpose fire, but oh yeah, not a city planner.
Speaker 1: Precision Arson is your solution, Kyle, to every problem that we raised, really really reporting.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, everything from like yeah, like protecting our democracy like ceiling.
Speaker 5: Yeah, precision firing. Now it's the debt sky, that's right, which.
Speaker 2: This thing out?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I think, Yeah, New York just got nine to eleven and we got a police state.
Speaker 4: Ye.
Speaker 5: Lower Manhattan has tons of places to store trash.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's true.
Speaker 5: You have to rebuild a lot to make these alleys.
Speaker 3: And yeah, really and really cool camera raised just jetting up from everywhere to be like, what is this.
Speaker 2: Like, we're looking at you, We're looking at you mother.
Speaker 5: No, it's it's made everything safe forever.
Speaker 1: But so our writer Jam kind of looked back at some some past examples. We've talked about Paris, we've talked about some cities in the Netherlands. A Zurich back in nineteen ninety six flat out stated there would be no more parking in the city, Like if the developer wanted to create new parking spaces, they would be required to remove that many parking spaces from the city streets.
Speaker 5: I love that. That's like a nightclub. It's like one in, one out, Yeah, exactly, Like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the fire marshals there with the clicker.
Speaker 3: Hey, sorry, I'm sorry, you need a few more outl holding a clicker.
Speaker 1: Paris has been removing street parking, replacing it with underground facilities. And last year they passed a law requiring parking lots big enough to hold around fifty American sized cars. I love the we stand for something in the global community, the.
Speaker 5: American sized cars. It is the hot dog car from I think you should leave it right.
Speaker 1: If it can hold fifty American sized cars. They're required to build raised solar panel canopies covering at least half of the surface of the parking lot, which would be the equivalent of ten nuclear power plants. So I don't know, that's cool. It seems like these.
Speaker 3: Are all positive ideas for Hey, just with that, you'd have nice clear streets and.
Speaker 2: The power of ten nuclear power plants. Like would seem.
Speaker 5: Like the meekest superhero origin story, right, Solar Man he could be called like the Paris Accord because he was providing his his Honda and accidentally got electrocuted by the solar panel and now he's just pretty attuned to traffic flow.
Speaker 1: And then Berlin one neighborhood experiment with getting rid of putting spots altogether and are like allowing bikes and scooters to occupy spaces that used to be exclusive to cars. So this is all like these are great. When you look at pictures of these places, it's like, here's what it used to look like, and it's like an American city and now here's what it looks looks like. And there's just like all these amazing creative things that they're doing with all the sidewalk space, and you know, like they have things called bike highways and paris that are just what used to be streets that are now now you know, parks with bike lanes going through them. Essentially in the US, so there are around two billion parking spaces in the country, which amounts to nearly seven parking spaces for every car, which seems like too many.
Speaker 2: Guns in parking are a nucle American problem.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's got a level out if you just like get rid of Houston, right, Yeah, maybe, like all of these statistics.
Speaker 1: Like there was just a move at the like when cars first became a thing, Like they encoded all these laws, these like zoning codes that mandated minimum parking requirements for real estate projects that basically said that when a new building goes up, there's a minimum number of parking spaces that need to be provided, or like the city will fall apart else and like everyone has been like that. Turns out that's not the case. Jackson, Wyoming, a study found that there were twenty seven spaces for every home, So.
Speaker 5: There's just wait, you're telling me there's fifty four parking spaces in Jackson, Wyleman.
Speaker 1: That's right, but it was actually like inverted at this time, Like when these zoning restrictions went into place. The cool thing was like among young people, like was driving like that was and like public transportation was like what the old people were into and used. But like driving was seen as like individualistic and like you controlled your own destiny and like that's the book on the road is like the bible for this shit. But I don't know, it feels like now we have an opportunity with a generation coming up that like doesn't even get their license at the same rate as ever before, right, and that think cars are shit. So it seems like there should be an opportunity here to roll some of the shit back. But it's just a matter of you know, getting out from under this massive system that Yeah.
Speaker 5: There's one thing I've found, It's that Americans are generally receptive to wide sweeping change. So I think if this is presented on a local and a national level and they hear it from anyone they don't care for, they'll be in. This is something they'll jump on board for us.
Speaker 1: Listen to reason on this one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have like these dumb fucking zoning laws and like the worshiping of parking spaces and we're I think we've talked about the past how cars are getting too big for fucking parking spaces because every car manufacturers like people will buy bigger cars for more money, so just make them fucking gigantic to the point you can't even park them in the old parking spaces. And a lot of that has to do with the National Automobile Dealers Association because they're just like a massive lobbying group and they, you know, they got all the dealers on one page, and like they definitely help push through a lot of that kind of stuff too that I.
Speaker 5: Don't have like a massively informed knowledge on this, but I do know that tire companies like Firestone were very big on sabotaging transit in Los Angeles. Oh yeah, Los Angeles used to have like a huge amount of ray rail systems like above ground, like San Francisco style rail cars and then they just pushed away. They were invested in by a company that was essentially funded by Firestone and General Motors that just was like, we should get rid of all these and make it impossible to get around this because LA used to have so many more stops. Transit system.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you look at the old layout of that old system, your your eyes would water.
Speaker 3: And I mentioned this on a past episode like growing up, like you'd you'd you'd like trip over the old infrastructure like in the street and you're like, what the fuck is this? Yeah, and it's like the like the asphalt is like revealing a little bit of the track. And then some older person's like that's when.
Speaker 1: The trolley used to come through here.
Speaker 2: And you're like, no fucking way, get away. Get in my mind.
Speaker 5: Uh, it was like it would be from like Long Beach, Santa Monica. This is just super specific to LA, but like massive and sprawling all the way out through the valley and everything. Yeah, just completely replaced because for some reason a tire company wanted more cars. Yeah, and even buses instead of the transit, which are a lot less efficient and harder to track and things like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it was that, and also just that it was like seen as cool, Like it really was like scene as cool. I mean they still are early freedom. You know, you're sixteen, you can get out of your house and go somewhere on your own, and yeah, go small, that workout, look right. Sausage actually made him seem really cool.
Speaker 5: I just saw a statue of him up at the observatory there.
Speaker 1: There are some US cities getting rid of the minimum parking requirements, at least there's been fifteen and twenty twenty two alone, which it also has an impact on the housing crisis because when you like are building something that requires you to build a bunch of like find a bunch of parking spots for it, it just like changes how you approach the thing. It makes it way more expensive, and then those costs get folded into the costs to the builder. Oh wait, no, sorry, folded into the rent or the price always regardless of weather or not.
Speaker 5: You love to pass those savings on to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, just get you. You guys want in on this too. We're thinking about going in on some parking. You guys want it all right? Why not?
Speaker 1: That's right? Also Apparently we have a big problem with people murdering each other over parking spaces, which I wasn't aware of.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it's an annual, multi dozen occurrence. Apparently. It was weird.
Speaker 5: I mean, I took a guy's parking spot that he really wanted. He was really angry, and then I tried saying, no, no, there's seven of these for every car in America.
Speaker 1: He wasn't listening to reasons.
Speaker 5: That didn't calm him down.
Speaker 2: And you should have.
Speaker 3: You should have an abundance mentality, sir, not a scarcity mentality.
Speaker 1: I went for a car.
Speaker 5: I drove up to Griffith Observatory with my dog and we're hanging out up there and there was so little parking that people are like almost fighting each other to pay ten dollars an hour.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I had that same experience and just turned around, was like, well, this has been a nice ride.
Speaker 2: Drove off at the edge of the cliff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was like, it just drove into the ocean.
Speaker 5: That's having the o'doyle family. No parking, It just went right off.
Speaker 2: You know what, it's how about we go to the ocean and get our whole ship bit instead, rather do that than this crap.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it's like it really does bring the weirdest ship out of people, because I feel like on the internet you always see videos of like people who like stand in a fucking parking space, like with their hands on their hips and they're like, no, go around, go around is coming with the cartes away.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my husband's almost born.
Speaker 2: And it kind of and I get so like fucking incensed by seeing those videos, and I'm like, I like, for what, And I you can tell when you know how shit can go left in those situations because people are so fucking protective or exercises bizarre, fucked up sense of ownership.
Speaker 5: I think Chicago has like wild unwritten rules about chairing off snow space that you've dug out, like if your car was if it snows around your car, you're allowed to put a folding chair and keep that spot for the day if you've done the work, if you've done the work or something like that. And you know, you know the thing about those unwritten rules is everyone loves them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, someone just throws that chair forty feet and parked there. You are allowed to key their car and take a shit on the.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that gang. Let us know. What are the weird parking laws?
Speaker 5: Right? There has to be I feel like there's a lot of this weird unwritten stuff that exists. Can you cover the sidewalk? Does a chair take a spot where?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 5: I mean, there's got to It feels like city to city and town to town is like a different I.
Speaker 3: Was always blown away, like when I was in Seattle recently, how people just park on the wrong side of the road too, Like just they're like, yep, I don't know, fuck it, park on whatever side I want to to park this car. And like as in like La Person where we have just such fucking draconian like parking enforcement rules. I'm like, is that is that's allowed here in this musical town?
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a quick break. We'll talk some shit about Seattle off Mike and then no, I'll come back. No, I'm just kidding. But what the fuck they part of the opposite way? What's wrong with them?
Speaker 5: And how did that work out for Kurt Cobain, Thank you and Jimmy Hendrix. That's true, that's right.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll be right back and we're back and answer mix a lot. Answer Did you fly into Seattle?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Walked you walked. Yeah, typical man.
Speaker 3: I wasn't on I wasn't on parental I was walking to Seattle and then I flew back just like three months.
Speaker 2: Wait, why are you asking the question?
Speaker 1: I just that airport. I was like there for a single day, and that airport I ended up spending like two hours there, and there's like, hey, this is Duff McKagan from Guns and Roses, Like yeah, kind of blew me away.
Speaker 5: There's just like, yeah, I like cities that don't have any famous people that they're just like, hey, this is Bob mckendricks.
Speaker 1: You know me?
Speaker 2: Do I?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 5: Are you the most famous guy for I have no idea who you are?
Speaker 3: Celebrity pipe fitter, Duff mckag and Jerry Cantrell, Sean Kinney, Macklamore, All Star lineup, Darius Rock Oh no wait that's oh no, that's Nashville.
Speaker 2: You get Darius Rucker.
Speaker 1: I can't think of anyone I would more want to have asked me if my possessions have been with me the entire time I was parking, then Maclamore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, unless you got your things from a thrift shop.
Speaker 1: Hey, and I know you said that up top. Hey, that's been me, Macklamore.
Speaker 3: That's me, Macklamore, the white guy who won the Grammy over what was it over Kendrick O.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh yes, over over one of the greatest, most persevering, long lasting holds up rap albums of all time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you think they're like white rap bands who are like, yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Think there were old Grammy voters who were who were like, oh, Ryan Lewis is an accessible name.
Speaker 2: Right, right, Hendrick Lemar I don't.
Speaker 5: Know about the breast doughnut place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right?
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: Pedro Pascal, Speaking of famous people, a lot of people were first introduced to Pedro Pascal in Game of Thrones and unintroduced to him or said goodbye to him and his characters. Most memorable scene in which he fights the mountain. We're all rooting for him and the mountain gets a hold of that noggin, the hold of that melon, and yeah, take those face eggs and uh pops them with his thumbs. So he scouts his eyes out with his thumbs. Burned into my memory, my heart. So it became were you fucked up? When Ober and Martell like, did you think he had a chance to I guess I did a little bit. Yeah, I think.
Speaker 5: I think as I was watching it, I was like, I feel like that scene of that is how all of Succession felt all of the time. Yeah, where you're like, oh, he's got a chance. Oh it's way worse than I thought it could have been. He might win. Oh my god, not only has he lost, but it's gonna work.
Speaker 2: Out for her. Oh no, no, no, no, no, no. Wow.
Speaker 1: Ships really on a roll and this one, I bet it's just gonna keep going like this. But yeah, I think they did a good job of just like getting you in the cadence of the show and like he was a hero and it felt like everything was her own.
Speaker 2: Yeah. For sure.
Speaker 1: It's both like a hard moment to watch and like wasn't fun at the time. But also I think what made that show great is though he was like, no, no, this is how hishappens, like the guy that you're all hoping for just because like vincible.
Speaker 5: Yeah right, he felt a little more invincible too because he was outside of these major fans. He was like a cool guy who didn't care about the main fight. Yeh, was like and very yeah yeah yeah, but he's too happy.
Speaker 2: Yeah anyway, so what we're talking about.
Speaker 1: Yes, that moment became so famous that he has recreated on the red carpet of a Game of Thrones event back in twenty nineteen. He looks like he was a little drunk when he did that, just having a good time. He got his thumbs in his eyes and his tongue out.
Speaker 2: He looks drunk as fuck.
Speaker 3: It's really like it says if Game of Thrones it like a collaboration with the Budweiser frods, or like the Budweiser was up guys, because he's sort of like like, looks.
Speaker 1: I've never seen someone look more mid in my life anyways.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: You know, good sport. Uh, and in fact, such a good sport. He just revealed during a Hollywood Reporter Act a roundtable that fans often wanted to take selfies recreating this scene with their thumbs right in his eyes. The gall like that is so and even wilder than that. Uh. And I I can't believe that one person came up with this request, let alone multiple people. Maybe maybe like the first person posted on the gram and everyone's like, oh I need I need that on my wall. But he, uh, he let them.
Speaker 2: Do this, like they go Hey, is it cool if you flick it up Pedro? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hey can I put my thumbs in your eyes like I'm gouging them out?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sure, Yeah, of course that's what people ask people. Yes, okay, it was pre COVID times. I hope you know, we didn't know how disgusting everyone was. But yeah, he let random strangers shove their disgusting thumbs into his eyes just to snap a picture because he was quote so happy about the success of the character in the show. But because people are grossing, their hands weren't clean. He got a bit of an eye infection as a result.
Speaker 5: So it just cuts to like that Paul Rudd saying, that's how you get pink eye situation.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: I think a similar thing happened with Giancarlo Esposito, where he let too many people singe off half of his face for selfies to where now he has some irreparable scarring.
Speaker 2: Ye oh my god, Carlo, do you.
Speaker 5: Mind if I I brought a bell half of it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I brought a bell.
Speaker 2: Shout out to that bell. But yeah, I guess.
Speaker 3: I mean it's kind of it's funny because his like the lore of Pedro Pascal is like he's like a nice guy. Like everyone seemed to say that he's like really cool and nice or whatever, but it's just funny. It's like to the point that he will like, let you rub your bacteria laden fingertips all over his ocular cavities and you know, we're just having a bit of an eye infection, which also sounds like him playing.
Speaker 2: Off something really horrific, right, yeah, like what was it?
Speaker 1: Like? Was it just worming its way out of his eyes in real time?
Speaker 3: It was actually used as concept art for one of the zombies in the Last of Us because my eyes.
Speaker 2: Are so fucking far gone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of eye stuff with this guy anyways. A true hero who needs to work on his boundaries, I would say, when speaking of true heroes that need to work on their boundaries. Kyle, such a pleasure having you all the daily.
Speaker 5: He's like ice, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 5: I'm at Kyle Ayers on most things A Y E. R S. You can you know, find me across the Instagram. I'm not really on Twitter as much anymore, feels a little different on there, but Instagram and stuff like that, and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I keep finding all these great blue check mark accounts like a you gotta just.
Speaker 5: Check the replies five accounts.
Speaker 2: Go for her.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, you find me on there. And if if you're around at Los Angeles or Kansas City, I'm running this show that I have am starting called hard to say. I have a rare brain disease condition called trigeminal neuralgia. It's like a degenerative nerve disease. And I'm trying to make some fun jokes about a super rare degenerative brain nerve disease. So June twelfth in Los Angeles at the Lyric Hyperion and June twenty eighth, if you're around Kansas City at the Ship, which is a very cool like jazz music venue them in anyways, so if you want to hear fun jokes about it, already fun topic. This stuff just wrongs itself. So yeah, you know, follow me places, that's where you'll see about Yeah, go see them.
Speaker 1: And is there a work of media you've been enjoying.
Speaker 5: I haven't been, like, I haven't been on Twitter as much, but I got two tweets in here that I thought were really funny. One is from dj R t I S T I C I don't know them, but they were it, says La. Gangster rap in the nineties was insane. They would diss the hell out of their enemies for two verses, then give you an eight bar saxophone solo, which I love. And then Jeremy Smiles was this other one I saw. This is about succession, so you know Skipler, he don't want to listen, and says a guy who thinks Succession is about how Shiv is really cool and smart. They ruined it. They ruined literally the only female character on the show, and for what a stupid twist. And then this is guy who thinks Succession is about Kendall overcoming his fear of water. Okay, first of all, that's it.
Speaker 1: Man loves some water. Miles. Where can people find you? What is the work media you've been enjoying?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: You can find me on Twitter, Instagram, mother apt based Stapications at Miles of Gray.
Speaker 2: You can also find me.
Speaker 3: And Jack on our basketball podcast No Longer Sad Boosties, back to Mad.
Speaker 5: Boosties, Busties, Furious Boosties, Furious Boosties.
Speaker 3: Yeah exactly, and also if you like trash TV checks Sophia, Alexander and I out on a four to twenty day fiance.
Speaker 2: Let's see, let's see some tweets.
Speaker 3: I like the hype. At the hype it's at me? So where am I supposed to sit? United Airlines in the cargo?
Speaker 2: Hold? You piece of shit? It's off the threat talking more about United Airlines. It's another one United Airlines. Time to check in for your flight?
Speaker 3: Me?
Speaker 2: Okay, cool, let's do it United Airlines. Would you like this? Like your seat?
Speaker 3: Me?
Speaker 2: Definitely? United Airlines? Too bad? Lol?
Speaker 3: And then it says where am I supposed to sit in the cargo? I just like the last part together someone who flies United a lot.
Speaker 2: It does.
Speaker 3: Sometimes it's like do I do I have have do I have the ability to?
Speaker 5: Am I?
Speaker 1: Allowed?
Speaker 2: No? You're no?
Speaker 1: Are you mad that I'm on your plane? Are you mad at me?
Speaker 2: The person at the gate hissed at me?
Speaker 5: Does this like?
Speaker 1: They just take turns being the bad one, like and every airline? Oh yeah's there?
Speaker 5: Who's the second? Worst airlines?
Speaker 3: I know so many Delta stands though I know a lot of Delta stands.
Speaker 1: But it didn't used to be that way. But Delta wasn't nice.
Speaker 2: I know. That's what all these people said. People be like yeah, United used to be good.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I don't know, man, I'm just I just want to be able to sit by a window for not seventy five hundred dollars more.
Speaker 1: Kyle, is your did you say who competing for? Who's the second worst?
Speaker 5: Because yeah, you're Yeah, the bottom tends to be the bottom in these situations. I'm a Royals fan, so I understand how it works.
Speaker 1: You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brian uh choking smirk at Beanie Tuesday tweeted Robert Oppenheimer, hands clasped behind his back, standing in front of the newly completed atomic bomb. Now I am become death destroyer of world. Another scientist who worked on the project me too. You can find us on Twitter at daily zeike is at the Daily zeike is on Insurio. We have a Facebook fan page and a website, daily zeikes dot com, where we post our episode and our footnote where we link off the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song that we think you might enjoy. Miles, is there a song that you think people might enjoy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is a track called let Go by Kyle McAvoy, Mick Jenkins. I think it's produced by Blockhead, which is one of my He's one of my favorite producers if you like ASoP rock, produce a lot of ASoP rock stuff.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: And it kind of sounds like a dope, like a hip hop track butt for like the main menu of like a animated puzzle game that makes sense, Like I feel like I'm.
Speaker 2: Playing bubble Bobble or something like that. But it's also like a beat and I'm like, wait, where we going with this beat? But it's fun. It's called let Go. So check this out. Cale McAvoy, mcgenkins, Blockhead.
Speaker 1: There you go. Well, you can find that in the footnote. The Daily Zeik is the production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That is going to do it for us this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we will talk to y'all then, Bright Bright