Speaker 1: The volume all right before Nick Wright stops by for our almost weekly chat. You know the drill. Game Time app takes ninety seconds to download it. It's an authorized ticket marketplace of professional basketball, which is hummin' baby. We're down to the final four teams Pacers, Celtics, Tea, Wolves, Mavericks. It is official authorized ticket marketplace makes getting playoff tickets easier and faster than ever. The prices on the Game Time app actually go down the closer you get to the tip off. That's a pretty cool feature. They have zone deals. You pick the section game Time picks to seats, You're going to get the lowest prices guaranteed. Basically take the guest work out of buying tickets to NBA basketball, which is a lot of times for me anyway, twenty four hours twelve hours before a game, I call a buddy, let's go to the game. Things cleared up on my schedule. That's where the Game Time app is absolutely great. You put in the code Colins CLI and that's me twenty dollars off your first price. Twenty dollars off your first purchase Game Time App. Ninety seconds download code Colin twenty bucks off your first purchase last minute tickets, lowest prices, guaranteed you picked the section, game time picks, the seats, the zone deals. Absolutely fantastic. Right, it's almost a weekly appearance. Nick Wright stops by. And one of the things I like about this that we can be kind of unrestrained. We can just there's no boundaries or borders to this. We can just talk about whatever we like. So we've broached this before. Where I tend to root for things that make my show more interesting. I'm not rooting for a specific team. I thought Nick's Celtics was better. Obviously the end did if you watch their coverage. I just think Indiana's a bad matchup New York's bigger Boulder. It matters like the Yankees and the Dodgers meeting for a world.
Speaker 2: Jalen Brunson is a cooler story than Tyrese Haliburt, you know what I mean, Even if they are, even if Halliburton at his best, is you know, an equivalent player to Brunson. I think Brunson's a tick better. The story for the Knicks is better. It just is the Villanova kids, It's all of it. It's a better story. And I think even Pacer fans understood, Like, let me think of a good example of this. I think when we were on the prespice of Brady Mahomes in the Super Bowl right then, I think even Bills fans understood, we're rooting for our team, but Brady trying to take down the guy who just won the Super bowls a better story, right you know, when the Raptors were trying to beat Lebron in the Conference finals and Lebron was trying to get back to play the Warriors again, Raptor fans know what they're rooting for, but they know what the better story is, what the more brings in the cash, no doubt about it.
Speaker 1: But no, like when Michigan and the Connors Stallion story, it was a better story that Michigan was now a national villain and they just keep meeting everybody. It was absolutely it was a much better story, and the ratings proved that people were fascinated. It's also a better story if the Celtics gag against the Pacers or lose to either Dallas or Minnesota. Because one of the things we like is the story arc. They're building, they're building, they're building, they're crushed and I think I think Boston is going to get to the finals, and I think it'll go six or seven. I think they're they're really They're very deep, They're well built. If poor Zingis is healthy, They've got a lot of elements. I think I would take both Dallas and Minnesota against them. But you have been you have been an antagonist to Boston. I haven't, but I've been more critical of Jason Tatum. Do you feel the ex I feel the exact same way on Tatum, but I felt this two years ago that he didn't. He often feels like he doesn't have that grab you by the throat gene, and I felt that two years ago when I watched him. I feel the same thing. Have you changed your opinion on Boston by.
Speaker 2: Getting well, no, So my antagonistic nature towards Boston is there are thirty five year old sports fans who have seen him win one title. They're they're I mean, you know there are thirty I'm actually understanding that there are thirty eight year old sports fans who have seen him win one title, and they carry themselves with this aura of as if they are the Lakers and they're not like and again, and by the way, I'm not a Laker fan. People get mad at this. I am a Lebron James fan. He's my favorite athlete. Ever, my hometown does not have a sport, a NBA team, Lebron same high school. People ask me like, where do the Lebron stuff start, and the I don't know if I've told you this before or not. Lebron's same high school class as me. Basketball is my favorite sport. It was the I was, you know, I was obviously not some great athlete, but I played high school basketball. My senior year, my whole basketball team would come over to my house to watch Saint Vincent Saint Mary's when it was on TV because we thought it was so cool that guys our age were playing on ESPN national games. And then I just decided when I went to college, I was like, wherever he goes, that's gonna be my team. I don't have a team. I just love the league, and so I've kind of followed him throut. So I don't have some affinity to the Lakers, but the Lakers have been relevant and awesome and won championships every decade the NBA has existed. Their down decade is the nineteen nineties, which involved them coming off five titles in the eighties, getting to a finals in the early nineties, winning the title in ninety nine two thousand at the start of a three pat that's their down decade. The Celtics since the fall of the Berlin Wall have won one title. And so this idea that they are competing with the bulls in the Lakers, you're competing with the Raptors for the last two generations is who you're competing with. So that and they don't like to hear that. And there's a lot of Boston members of the media, and I would argue the single most influential member of basketball media is your friend Bill Simmons, you know, to this day and to his credit for what he's built, and he's obviously a huge Celtics guy. And so I just don't think they have the results to you know, measure with the way they carry themselves. Now, a point Simmons made that is correct is you look at this is Tatum. This is the Celtics sixth conference finals in the last eight years. The teams on that list, all of them won at least one and usually multiple championships. The teams that made five in eight years all except I think one one at least one and usually multiple championships. If you bang on this door this many times and this year don't come through, well there's a then you have to You're never going to have a more gilded road to the finals. You face Jimmy, you face a Heat team without Jimmy Butler. You then in round two face the Cavs team that doesn't have Jared Allen and then loses Donovan Mitchell. And in the conference finals you pay play a six seed Pacers team that that got through against an injured next team. So you're going to make the finals. In the finals, you face whomever's there. They're in they're all in their first finals except for Kyrie theoretically. But the team, the the organization, all of it. And if you don't win this championship, then you have to ask yourself this question, will we ever be better positioned? Is there any reason to believe it's going to be different if we don't make a significant change where you and I, I don't focus on the Tatum part as much because to me, Jason Tatum, they're not the same type of player at all. But Jason Tatum, to me is like Clyde Drexler, like awesome, really good. Can be the best player on a team that loses a championship, but if he is your number one, things really have to be perfect to win the title. And this year maybe they'll be perfect. But I will pick whoever wins the West. I will pick to win the champions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I worry about Minnesota offensively. If Ant is off, and he'll in a seven game series, he'll be off a couple times. Offensively, you have to rely on Karl Anthony t Who's always been a little bit of a roller coaster emotionally, like he depends on the night. Boston's very good offensively. You know I've thought about this with Tatum, is that it used to be and it wasn't that long ago. Twenty twenty five years ago, a great basketball prodigy had a really hard high school basketball coach into a really hard college basketball coach, and then generally a fairly hard NBA coach. Now it's a different process. Now it is an AAU coach who's not really a coach, kind of a coach would like to be a coach, but the AAU job pays him better than his high school teaching. Job or whatever job he has, so he does it for some it's a side hustle and it's not about really coaching hard. It's about attracting the best players Detroit Metro, Atlanta Metro, whatever it is. You create this sort of little business, this micro business that attracts the best players, and then you don't go to college if you do it for one year and you can only coach so hard. You have them for a year, right, There's only so much you can ask, and then they go to the NBA and the players have more money and more power than ever, and you got to be careful you piss off the young star coaches that you're gonna become Frank Vogel very quickly. And so I think Tatum, although he's not that kind of personality, is very much modern basketball, super talented, AAU one year duke after the NBA, it's a pretty it's a pretty grooved basketball life. And he's earned it with his talent. Right, I'm not saying that, but there is a different world. Tatum's not hardened. He's not hard and that's okay. I've said this before. My kids will not have my struggle, and they're smarter than I am, but my struggle you know, as they I've used this before, Nick, I think I use this the other day with you. Hard time create soft people. Soft people create soft times, and eventually you need hard people again. Tatum is symptomatic of what I see with a lot of the young players in the mid twenties. He's just not hard, but it's really talented.
Speaker 2: So I don't so I the And maybe it's because you know, it's anecdotal to my uh experience I have know your feelings on AAU basketball are mirrored by a lot of people. I'm not one of them, because I the best coaches my son ever had was on the elite of the elite Houston AU circuit. That the guys that coached him at Basketball University in Houston, that coached Quinton Grimes, who used to be you know, was traded from the Knicks this year. They were teammates together, Uh, were the guys he learned the most from and all of it. And I also think that it is I I think that when I watch Tatum, what I see is a different criticism, which is I feel like Anthony Edwards gets the ball and by the way, he's from the exact same Aau everything right, gets the ball and has no idea what he's going to do on that possession, and he's like, I'm going to fucking read and react many I can. And I watch Tatum and I feel at times it's too strategic program it's like exactly programmed. And so it's like, and it's to his credit how much he's trained and drilled, but it's like, I'm gonna do this and then this and then step back. And I think that that can work against him. I think it is less read and react, do this, and more thoughtful. And I think that in the cauldron of some of these clutch moments, which is really the only place he has struggled, that hasn't worked for him. And so but again, I the NBA is just such a unique sport because and again we've talked about this before, but if if you don't have someone who is a guaranteed statue in front of the arena when they retire, you probably won't ever win a title. Like I mean, if you like, if you don't have the barrier for entry to winning a title. The last forty years, other than the four pistons is Dirk Novitzky, who's the sixth all time leading scorer in NBA history, an MVP, Like he's the worst guy to lead, you know, a champion, And so what is Dirk the nineteenth greatest player ever? It's just so fucking hard in this league. And so that's why, like I used Drexler intentionally, Drek. I got so annoyed when Dame left the Blazers and news articles like not opinion pieces like the news was like the greatest Blazer in history, and I'm like, did everyone hit their head? Like what are we talking about? Like, I mean, Bill Walton had the highest peak. But if you want to say he didn't play long enough, fine, but Clyde did. Clyde was there for a long damn time, went to two finals with him, did all of it. So Clyde I have mass respect for him. He's a great player. There was a five year run where he was maybe the fifth best player in the league, probably sixth.
Speaker 1: Seventh, eighth, played on the best college team that never won a title fi Slamajama.
Speaker 2: Yeah there you go. And how did Clyde win his title? He got on a team with one of those top twenty guys Akama last one. Like it's just it's just Kevin Garnett, one of my favorite players. Ever, how did he he had he had won a playoff series one year of his whole career. He was it for a decade in Minnesota. How does he win his title? Well, he joins two other you know, Hall of famers and Paul Pierson, Ray Allen, and he's the best guy. So like I just I that's the that's always the problem with and it's why, for the record, I was skeptical of the Nuggets last year because I didn't think Jokic was gonna be in that pantheon. Now he clearly is. People are a little premature on the dynasty stuff with them, but he's in that group. I think Tatum, even Tatum's the only guy. And this is how everyone, even the Celtics fans that will get mad, they know I'm right on this because the Pacers can't win the title, so remove them for a moment. Celtics can win the title, the Wolves can win the title, the MAVs can win the title. If the Wolves win the title, topic on our shows will be is Anthony Edwards the best player in the league. I don't know if you'll say he is or not, but it will be a question. Certainly, if the MAVs win the title, is Luke an Ancic the best player in the league. If the Celtics win the title, nobody is saying Jason Tames the best player in the league. And that's just and so that tends to put a ceiling on what your team can be. So I don't think that's unfair.
Speaker 1: Ye, I think mature players tend to find their peak faster. They're more dedicated, they're more refined, they take the coaching, they have better self awareness. I think Tatum is a very refined, intelligent basketball player and found his ceiling much quicker than people realized. I found it two years ago. Now he adds elements to it. Lebron a very mature player. Dwayne Wade that the more mature, willing to be coached, kind of a grinder, plus the superstar Kobe, you find your peak faster. I think we keep waiting for Tatum to go to another level. I mean, Anthony Edwards mature, driven, self aware shit, He's a year away from the peak for about a six to seven year run. So I think immature players Zion can't get his diet right. If John Moran can't get his personal life right. Players that struggle with maturity and I could go, I could name many. They either don't find their ceiling or it just it may be brief. I think Tatum is what he is. I'm okay with it. He's a top ten player. But I feel I said it when he came into the league. I'm like, I kept saying he's the eighth best player in the league, and people would go crazy. I'm like, in my entire life, i mean, the eighth best player is often like Clyde Dretchler.
Speaker 2: Right, So that's that's the thing. So people get mad about it. But if we were to go I'm gonna try to do this on the fly, i won't be successful at it, but I'm gonna leave some people out. So again, but if if we just jumped ten years back, I'll use my I'll try to do this. I'm not even gonna you know what, I don't want to leave people out, but no, you know, I'm not gonna look anything up in twenty fourteen, if we were to say the best players in the league, Lebron was the best, Durant was the second best. The in that Kawhi wasn't quite there yet. Steph was getting there. So when you said the eighth best, you know, the eighth best player in the league in twenty fourteen was thereabouts Paul George, Paul George pre injury Indiana Pacers, Paul George. If we go ten years before that to two thousand and four, the eighth best player in the league would have probably been around King's Chris Weber, like you can get to the damn conference final, you know what I mean. That's a guy that is a great player, and that might be a little high for him. Maybe the eighth best player then was Jason Kidd coming off the back to back finals with the Nets something like that in nineteen ninety four. The eighth best player in the league, so right when Jordan was retiring was you know, it was probably around Scottie Pippen, Patrick Ewing. Those guys, those are Hall of Fame players that we all remember. Nineteen eighty four is probably Bernard King adjacent that area, maybe your guy Alex English. These are all legendary players we remember, and Naria one of them was a champion as the best team. Because it's so hard, because that's the league, the league it's really.
Speaker 1: Really hard to now add in European's best players, European players, the rest of those guys. Alex English wasn't facing twenty four European players, six elite. So look at Jason Tatum and I think he is the seventh and eighth best player and he's facing this barrage, this this large influx the great skilled Europeans often biggs which have such control of a game. These are not you know, the European point guard is not changing the world. The European bigs are and because.
Speaker 2: They're because a lot of them are point centers or point forwards. I mean they have the size of the big man, but they have the ball, and Luke and Jokic have the ball in their hand the whole game. Wimby wants to play on on the perimeter. Guy's seventy five. Giannis is kind of a point forward type. I know that he's he's African via Grease, but yeah, the international player, there's the international guys used to be are Vetus and Vlade where it's like they're they can pass, they're skilled, but they're not handling the ball. And you know what I mean, it's obviously changed dramatic.
Speaker 1: You know it's funny. Byron Scott stopped by my show today and I went, I don't tend to do old school stuff. I'm not interested in baseball old school. I never talked Hugh McIlhaney in the NFL. I'm not really. You know a lot of these guys in my age, in my generation that talk NBA. They just can't let old NBA go. But old NBA was fascinating and it was great from Doctor j On in the seventies, the Lakers with Wilt West Goodrich. I really do think NBA basketball in the seventies was forming. And then I said, like James Brown and Elvis Presley did this to music, there was a juice, there was an it like there was a lot of talented musicians, and all of a sudden, I was like, the hell is that? And the showtime Lakers And I love the NBA in the seventies and remember well, I mean, I can go starting lineups for all the best teams. And then there was the you know, the Byron Scott's and the Magics and the Kareems and the worthy they were the Laker teams. And I do think it's a special time in the NBA, and it was propelled by David Stern, but the NBA really got its legs. They were the first. It Like, when I created the volume, I always told my guys, Barstool is something, Ringer is something. Until we become something, you're just a company with really good employees. We have to become something, and then we transition to a lot of these. Immediately the game ends, we're doing live YouTube, so we're doing something at a high level that's very productive for us. We're sort of becoming something known for something. The Lakers were like, oh, it's not just a bunch of talented basketball players.
Speaker 2: The hell is this.
Speaker 1: It's fast, it's flashy, it's fun hockey. It's fun. And the one thing about European players is they very respectful. They come into this country, they're not distracted. It's all basketball. They want to go home when the season ends. And I don't see it as a criticism, but a reality of international play is that if you don't have this aunt. Edwards is such a perfect domestic player. He's just like and then this is my team, this is my place. I am and I love it. But I feel like he's on a little bit of an island in the NBA where he's old school trash talker, but new school fun and easy to root for. And I do worry that sometimes the international players it's almost out of respect they.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, except for the I mean, except for Loca, who's just not really respect anybody. And I mean he's maybe my favorite guy. So I think the NBA needs aunt sort, do I because I it is. It might be an uncomfortable reality, but it is the reality that part of the appeal of the NBA is it feels urban and tough and gritty, and guys are dunking on you and telling you about it. Yes, that is a part of the league. As much as big hits can be a part of football, and even as much as they try to legislate it out, it gets people going. And now we know what a clean hit is and we love it, all of it. And I can appreciate the skill and beauty of what Jokic and Luca can do, and I do Luca is one of my favorite players. But of all the international guys, the guy other than Luca who I love the most is the honest because at least he has the raw wow athleticism that I you know that I love about the American players typically, but Gianness isn't gonna be a trash talker and he's not gonna have the edge to him that some American guys have. It's just it's just not who he personally is. And by the way, it's not even like a financial thing. It's not like, oh, these guys came from tougher environments. A lot of the international guys came from the toughest environment imaginable. It's just it's just different culturally. Uh So, I think Anthony Edwards being great is the best thing possible for the league, and I think that he it's a big burden for him and it's a large weight on his shoulders. But it's also you know what I can't get out of my head when I watch Aunt at least a little bit, is man, I feel like Josh screwed this up.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because Jaw had a huge head start and there.
Speaker 1: But Jaw's a flawed player. So Jah weighs one hundred and seventy four pounds, that part's true. It's no, no, no, never. I said from the beginning, this is not sustainable. He is significantly thinner than Derrick Rose. So when you have a mediocre jumper, a thin frame, no handcheck, can get past anybody, you are going into the redwoods. And I said a jaw, I said, I love watching him play. He is spectacular. One hundred and seventy eight pounds in this league is not sustainable. It is not It is not a coincidence, and is ripped. Michael was wiry strong. A majority of the great players, Durant's an outlier. Lebron have been physically assertive and structurally formative, plant and formidable.
Speaker 2: Yes, Durant is an absolute outlier. And this is something that I forget. I think I said it, maybe to you. Maybe I forget I said it at some point. I it is I can't get fully on board with any NBA player that isn't already an A PLUS player if they are not in great shape. I think it's why I was so late on Jokic Luka. It feels like it. Maybe I give him a pass because I'm partial to him, because I like him so much. But I'll give you Austin Reeves, D'Angelo Russell, two guys. I will not believe you care as much as you're supposed to. When your arms look like that. I know that sounds shitty, but you're not a baseball player. This is it. Absolutely it speaks to me on how much you want it and how much you care. I don't again, I don't need you to be bulky, but there is. Like you said about young Jordan was wiry, strong, and then as he got older and lost a little athleticism, balked up a bit. Kobe was always cut. Every every legendary player that you can think of was had. Sometimes they had a layer like Shack, a layer of fat over the muscle, but were incredibly strong, except for Durant. And Durant has an old quote about this that really was like a window into how we views things, which he was somebody asked him something about Lebron and he was like, yeah, He's like, I mean, Lebron's working out and I'm working all my game. And it wasn't a shot. It was just an acknowledgement, like Lebron is in the gym lifting weights and I'm at the gym shooting jumpers. And I also looked at it as yeah, but what you don't see is be cut. That does mean Lebron will never catch you as a jump shooter. Never, It'll never happen. But Lebron's going to finish as scoring more and making more jumpers because of his availability and longevity and all of it. Now again, Durant is one of the greatest players ever and has just kind of made it. You know it made it work. But I your your point on joh is correct. Is from a longevity perspective. The point I was making is for however long that window was, he squandered a year and a half of it for nonsense, you know what I mean, for nothing when we were dying for because the other this is another reason why. Because Steph, as great as step is and step by the way, another guy, Steph is ripped. Step is not big, But you can't say STEP's not putting.
Speaker 1: The work times was in maybe the best shape in the league for a ten year period.
Speaker 2: Correct, Like those guys that care they are ripped and but as great as Steph was, there is a part of watching NBA basketball where you want to see people flying. You just do. It's like a cool part of it, Like you just want to see someone that looks like for a moment they're flying. And Steph being the face of the league or co face along with bron is never going to give you that.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: What he gives you is something different, reforms the gravity on the court. But I think the viewing public miss, you know, a thirst for that, which is why Aunt has been so immediately embraced you. I mean, you saw eight and a half million people watched the Nuggets Timberwolves Round two game, like that is an un because people are into him, They're into it.
Speaker 1: You know. I was getting into this with Jason Timpa the other day, is that the NBA will always be fine because and I'll give an example, hockey has been international forever, at least Canadian international, Baseball in the last twenty years, increasingly international, NBA last ten to twelve, increasing the international. So the NFL not only has the scarcity advantage, but it has a domestic employeed advantage. Everybody comes from Ohio State, Michigan, Alabama, Washington, Oregon. You washed them in college. It's a big advantage. But I said, when the NBA is going to sign this massive contract Basketball and NBC, according to all the reports, NBC is going to lose billion dollars a year in it. I mean, it's just not a good deal for NBC. But the difference in the NBA haters has always been is that the NBA has something. So let's just take the NFL and separate it. And let's take hockey and separated. That's never going to be too popular. Most of us don't play a don't skate the NFL one game a week, we gamble, we bet. Let's just do baseball and basketball, and those two camps are often very separate. Baseball guy looks down at basketball. Basketball guy thinks baseball is born. And something happened in the last couple of weeks that needs to be noted. Major League Baseball signed a deal with fing Roku for thirty million dollars. That was the deal. The NBA is going to sign multiple billion dollar partners. And here's the advantage and why the NBA will always get its money in the marketplace and baseball increasingly. ESPN's moving off at Fox isn't in love with it like a lot of NBC's not CBS bailed years ago. Is that in the NBA, the star plays forty minutes and has the ball every possession. I watched the Dodgers last night. I kept waiting for the best players to bat if Otani's are and they've.
Speaker 2: Got more great players than any team in the league.
Speaker 1: If Otani's daching, Bryce Harper's dhing, I'll get five minutes of them in a three hour, nine minute game. I get in the NFL and basketball, the star always on the floor, always taking shots, and that for all the NBA critics. And there's nothing against base. But Glenn Jacobs was at ESPN told me this year's ago. He goes, Colin, you don't put a star in right field, at least put him at first base. I want to see Bryce s Parker's face.
Speaker 2: All game.
Speaker 1: Don't put him in right field. Just put that guy who's not athletic or whatever at first base. Don't dh him, don't do right field. And I'm sitting there watching the Dodgers last night. They scored six runs in the third inning when I turned it on, and I still felt like, I just want to get to the stars. Can you give me the stars. There's one hundred and sixty two games I'm watching Minnesota Denver, and all I'm getting is Yokis and Aunt and Murray and Jokic and ant and order. And so I say this to all the NBA people. It may not be a good deal for NBC or ESPN or Amazon, but the NBA is always going to get its money. It's a star drift. It's like international soccer. You turn it on and if Rinaldo's playing, you know where he is a pitch the whole.
Speaker 2: The whole time, the whole time. So can I give you? I so you this weekend, I was, as you know, I was in LA and I played in this poker tournament and that they put the table that I was at on you like, they made it the feature table for a couple hours, so we were miked up. People could say our whole cards or whatever, and I was just talking and I talked about one of my long standing boxing ideas and but it was miked up and on YouTube and it was something I haven't really talked about much publicly, and people responded really well to it. But you know, that's a few thousand people watching a poker stream. So I'm gonna say it to you because you love the UFC. I am more of a I'm a theoretical boxing fan, meaning I love what boxing can be, but not what it currently is. So my I believe billion dollar idea and you know enough wealthy people, you can maybe make this happen at some point. Does I just want a small little piece because I think people I think people love UFC for a lot of reasons, but one of the reasons is the consistency of it. Yes, we have a card a month. There is that, we know what is coming. There is you know, if you are a champion, you have to fight, and you know there's there's that. So if you got private equity or something, somebody or a conglomerate to buy the top twenty boxers in every weight class, buy them out of their deals. You are all free agents. You don't have a deal with Showtime. You don't have a deal with this. We're buying you all out and we are creating the International Boxing League. And here is how it works. There are five weight classes. There are twenty fighters per weight class. And if you will have a minor league to try to get up there, whatever it is, you all get a salary, call it a million bucks a year guaranteed. But our best fighters whatever it can make one hundred million in a year. Whatever it is. And here's how it works. You are in this league. You fight three times a year, every the January pay per view, the middleweight titles on the line, the heavyweight five is boxing, the six and the one of you, the number one contender's boxing, the twelve whatever it is. We have standings, and by the way, we don't have three judges because we're not idiots. We have seven judges like figure skating, and the best score and the worst score aren't going to count to avoid corruption. And every single month there is an event, a major event that you gotta buy, and every week there are the other events to make sure everyone's fighting. They're three or four fights a year, and there are five weight classes and five champions and everyone will know who it is. I think within five years that could become one of the four biggest sports in America because people love fighting for it is as tail is old, as human beings existing. For something about people. We want to watch two grown men hit each other, we do. And if there was a real consistency and continuity and to guarantee that the best people are going to fight, I think boxing could make a huge comeback. And all they have to do is crib off the UFC's notes because there is an element of the UFC that for some there's a barrier for entry to which is I don't understand the grappling and the submissions. That's just not as simple. Anybody can walk into a bar, see a boxing match and know what's happening. That guy's trying to knock that guy out, and I still think it's there, and it's so frustrating to me that it's been let to die on the vine because there is still nothing, nothing that feels as big as a huge boxing Oh yeah, there is nothing.
Speaker 1: The volume. Thanks for listening to part one of the conversation with Nick. Don't forget the check back for part two.
Speaker 2: Hey everyone, it's Jason Tipp, host of Hoops Tonight. Make sure you check us out live after games on the Hoops Tonight YouTube channel as we provide instant reaction and analysis of all the big NBA playoff games. Again, that's the Hoops Tonight YouTube channel and wherever you get your podcasts.