Speaker 1: Start up, dot Up, Start Up, Brooklyn Boys, start Up.
Speaker 2: Brooklyn Boys, start up, dot dot Up.
Speaker 1: They making noise, dot up, start up, Doda.
Speaker 3: Dot Up.
Speaker 2: Episode three thirty five, The Brooklyn Boys podcast, What's Up, Brodie? What's up? Scary?
Speaker 4: You know I got a bone to pick with you always?
Speaker 2: When do you not have a bone to pick with me?
Speaker 5: Well, you know, we did Slice Time a couple of days ago for episode three thirty four. Yeah, and I told Scary, I've told him many times, but my dogs love when I do the podcast. Yes, I say podcast, and they come flying down the stairs. Yeah, they run downstair they run into the podcast studio because there's a couch in here that I've had since before I got married.
Speaker 2: That's the oldest.
Speaker 5: Couches and it's soft and it's cushy, and they love it and they sit here and they stare at me while I do the podcast. So, uh, two days ago, when we did Slice Time, I said, Scary, I want you to hear this. My dogs are upstairs. They're gonna run down the carpeted staircase. But when they get to the dining room, the dining room is hardwood floor, so you're gonna hear the claws like scratch scrat, scratchcrat scratch on the floor running.
Speaker 2: He said, oh cool.
Speaker 5: So I put the phone on speaker phone and I say, now, scary, and I made up to do the podcast at a certain time. I go, all right, guys, I go podcast. And my two dogs come running down the stairs and you hear them with a flaw and it's on speaking scared.
Speaker 2: You hear that? Yep, they go.
Speaker 5: Now they're running down the other carpeted stairs, so they can't you can't hear them, but they're very excited.
Speaker 4: He goes, well, your dogs really like the podcast.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 5: They're slices. They love it big time. So I come down the stairs and I get in. I get into the podcast studio and I log on and I said, i'd scary, where are you not here? It's oh, I need like ten more minutes. They go to me because, oh, I'm not ready. I didn't know you were ready. I said, you heard me tell the dogs.
Speaker 2: I was ready. There's a whole bit so and he's like, oh, I didn't realize. This is definitely a case of the tail wagging the dog. I think, because I don't care if your dogs are sitting there waiting. I mean, I have to be ready.
Speaker 5: The point was, I said, you're ready to do the podcast? Said yeah, I go guys podcast. They come running down and this scary goes. I need like ten more fifteen minutes, all right? So no, wait, no me, I was waiting.
Speaker 2: But there hasn't hasn't there been a time where they you were coming home late and you couldn't take them, take them out for a walk, and they had to wait. I David Brody was waiting. I actually care more about your dogs waiting than you. I mean, you don't care about dogs. Your dog your whole day is waiting. I mean, what do you You don't have a job right now, You're you're just waiting. You're right but early to do the podcast. And you're like, oh, bo Brodie, I didn't know you're ready to do the podcast. I said, scary. I told the dogs. I said, you're ready to do the podcast? You said, yeah, I go guys podcast. The dogs go flying down the stairs.
Speaker 4: I get ready.
Speaker 5: I log in right, here's only fifteen more minutes. Maybe you could talk with that before I yelled podcast. So the dogs come flying down the stairs.
Speaker 2: I'm a busy guy. I got stuff happening non stop in my house. I got I got phone calls, I got emails, I got people on tag and closing deals. I got in a one room, one room apartment. Yeah, but I do. But there's a lot that goes aroom. There's a lot that goes on in this one room apartment. You still got a pile of papers behind you know, Yeah, Oh, Brody, that's where you're wrong. Oh shit, because I am actively working. You can't see it here. But no, it's not the Okay, you move the camera. I can only see like the first six inches of the table. Did you move it over? No? No, I had put the papers, filed them away, and other things went into shoeboxing them away.
Speaker 4: You don't have a filing cabinet. What do you mean follow them away?
Speaker 2: I do a little filing cabinet. O. Other things got shredded. I had to shred some things, and I have a paper shredder. Yeah, you're funny. Uh. And then I have a couple of shoe boxes where we're some other files need to go. I need to bring them down to storage. So right now, my sofa does have some boxes on it and some papers. Things haven't been but I am more than three quarters of the way from clearing that friggin' glass table off. Next time you see that table, it will be clear. The only thing we'll be on there will be the fake kalilies in the glass vase, which I got from Michael's like ten years ago, and you still have it. Wow, Well they're fake. And that stack of papers was there around the same time pretty much. Okay, all right, I kind of accrue the papers during the pandemic, but yeah, oh that's only that was only five years ago. Yeah, but I'm excited the end. I may be paper free very soon, but right now things are in tri into transition. I got like a lot going on over there. Okay, it will be cleaned up. So yeah, pile of papers is the thing.
Speaker 5: In the past slices, you have a friend who tells you to hurry up and wait, that's what's scary.
Speaker 2: Did He's like, that's through the pot.
Speaker 5: And then tonight, tonight he calls me at four o'clock, is dude, what are we doing the podcast?
Speaker 2: I said, I can do like seven twenty. Oh you can't do it.
Speaker 5: Earlier I said, well, you know, I got to take care of the dogs, and I got I'm doing I did a Star Wars podcast today. I think you're business, your business, very business. He says, com Brody, you can't do it earlier. I said, how about six fifty. So I right, I'll speed up the process.
Speaker 2: Six fifty. He goes, no, seven twenty is fine. I said, okay.
Speaker 4: So then at seven fifteen, I say, are you ready.
Speaker 5: In the fifteen minutes? The guy that is in a hurry, so I go our fifteen minutes. I saw I come downstairs ready to go. It's now seven thirty five roughly, and he says, I'm helping somebody else with a problem.
Speaker 2: I got. I gotta send text messages. It is now hold on, look at it.
Speaker 4: It is now seven fifty seven roughly.
Speaker 5: So it's thirty seven minutes after he said, hurry up, hurry up, and wait, that's what you do.
Speaker 2: Hurry up, Brodie. Well, listen, you were wasting a lot of time here. There's a lot to be said on this podcast. This is content. It's the highlight of your day. No, no, I got a lot. I don't know who's more anxious, you or you or your dogs? Pick a ball fights. I gotta talk about you're gonna peel the friends who may have screwed another second, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 5: No, I gotta I got a friend problem. I need your advice on I need your opinion. I we got a lot auction packed.
Speaker 2: First of all, I just want to begin by saying thank you to everyone who commented and liked my picture on Instagram. Oh, I'm not even getting I'm not even there yet. No, I'm talking about the the the picture of me on the blue carpet at the metcal of the other night. I don't know if you saw it, but I did an a I I did it ahead looking on Instagram. It's it's one of the most recent things I posted. And uh and it's it's uh. It's a really bad rendition of me. It looks like me cross with John Stamos and a young Tom Cruise. Oh. I thought that was a picture someone who looked like you, that didn't look anything like you.
Speaker 4: I saw that picture.
Speaker 2: No, that is me, I said, generate me at on the red carpet of of of the Metcala and I wrote something I wrote on there. I wrote, I said, hey, Ana, thanks for the tickets. I had to dip I did the carpet and busted out time is money, babe. You know I made it sound like it. I didn't have time for this kind of thing. But it was tongue in cheek. It was a tongue in cheek post. It was clearly not me. Was it a real Brody? It was Ai generated. I said, here's a picture of me. I asked you if it was a reel. I read it and Instagram reel. No, it was a picture. It's your picture, third picture down after my pin. Third picture, third picture in.
Speaker 4: Speaking volumes, is your thread after it?
Speaker 2: It's right there? Oh oh that looks nothing like you, of course not. But bro what are you theos good looking? You're an asshole? Okay, anyway, you read some of the comments. People are like, people are very funny. People are like, oh, it's it's a it's first quarter is scary on ozempic. Others others are like, you know, scary AI. You know, but anyway, a lot of people got it. But Brody, I'm frightened for this universe. Scroll through. Some of those people on there A actually think I was invited to the met gala, b that that is me? Well, look it looked great. I thought it was John Stamos for a second. Wow, and see stick with your diet. This is scary twenty twenty six. Wow. I mean but no, no, but the people, Okay, I get it, it's AI. But what I'm saying larger point here is this world is in a lot of trouble if you can't decipher that that was a fake and that was I mean, even if even if you thought that somebody dockted it up or his photoshop or something whatever it was, people thought that was me on the carpet. I mean, you could really do anything. You could just tell AI to generate any image and it'll do it. And I know this is going to sound weird if you're listening to this podcast ten years in the future, ten years from now, but we might have solved it and figured it out by now. But a good thirty to forty percent of the people thought. And look on Facebook, that ratio is even higher. I mean the percentage.
Speaker 5: You know how many times on Instagram I click on videos I know are fake, but they're like sharks attacking boats. It's blatantly not real looking and people are like, oh my god, how did you escape?
Speaker 2: Oh my god?
Speaker 5: I would have been so terrified. Yeah, have you seen the celebrities kissing videos yet?
Speaker 2: Which ones?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 5: AI programs that like he say you and a picture of like two people standing next to each other.
Speaker 2: You can make them kiss.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, of course. So now people are putting up pictures of celebrities. So I'm scrolling and I came across Taylor Swift making out with Sabrina Carpenter.
Speaker 2: And it's it's a picture of them standing together, a real picture.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but then it AI takes over and makes them turn their heads and start kissing. Yeah, yeah, right, ye, Hey, I can do anything, it really can. But that make you look like John Stamos.
Speaker 2: No. But it's just frightening to me to think that a lot of people thought that that was real, despite me, you know, saying what I said in the comments, like, oh, I don't have time for this.
Speaker 5: I just did the car We talked about this the the athlete press conferences where they have they have like a postgame press conference. Likely it's like the other team can go fuck themselves. My coach is an asshole. I'm the best player on the team, and all the comments like I can't believe Mikey said that. Why would Mike say.
Speaker 2: That because he didn't, Because he didn't, because he didn't. So yeah, it was a fake picture. Most I'm sure the slices they knew what was up, obviously. But I was a good looking, thin guy in a tuxedo. People should have been run away like this, who's that guy?
Speaker 6: Scary and Brodie?
Speaker 2: You brought up Carbone Beach.
Speaker 4: So Scary is texting me. We talked about this last week. You listen to order.
Speaker 5: If not, go back and listen, Scary's texting me play by play at Carbone Beach.
Speaker 2: What's going on? We'll talk about that.
Speaker 5: At one point, I'm like, oh, I'm sitting here, uh, eating the nachos or something, and I was like, oh, I'm at carb.
Speaker 2: Beach, carb Beach. I didn't get the job beach. Well, yeah, I was to get the joke. I was a Carbet Beach too. Now, for anyone who thought that it was rude of me to uh to take over the plans for Robin's birthday, let me tell you. Robin had herself a time. She was like over the moon. First of all, it was unexpected completely But I don't even know how to say this. I'm just gonna say it. We got Elvis at the last minute said fuck it, We're gonna fly private, and literally I took an Uber to Atlantic City Airport and run and Robin took an Uber from Brooklyn to Atlantic City Airport. I took from the studio and we met Elvis at Atlantic City Airport and we jumped on.
Speaker 4: We went to drive down to Atlantic City. Was Elvis trying to save money?
Speaker 2: No, he he There's been trouble at Newark Airport, as everyone knows is story. We were flying in Newark right so we were like, we can't miss this event. A lot of money was paid for the table. Atlantic City is a bit of a well. There was the only place that we can get. Elvis called his guy and they're like, look, we have nothing nearby. But the closest is you can jump on a plane that's not being used right now. The closest is in Atlantic City. So we we took gambling luber ubered to Atlantic City Airport and then we jumped on this paid an Uber.
Speaker 5: Driver to go all the way down to Atlantic I guess if you're flying free, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: They get through Brody. I think everyone everyone listing right now. We do the same thing. I don't care. You don't even want to know how much Uber costs, but guess what it pales in comparison to what I saved it because I canceled my flights. So this Robin and I flight got canned. We canceled it. I got my money back. I got your favorite word, Brody's refund fun. Did you just say.
Speaker 5: Flight, yeah, our flights okay? Sorry, So you got your refund on the flights.
Speaker 2: No problems with So then she said, oh my god, first time ever in a private plane on my birthday. This is great.
Speaker 4: This is already You've never taken her on a private even.
Speaker 2: What the fuck do I look like, Brody? I've have I've barely been on a private plane. I've been on at least I at least three that I know of. Those were the three. That's it, okay, and they were they were for business. And I did I pay for him? Okay, I don't have the fucking money to do that.
Speaker 4: You didn't go to Epstein Island.
Speaker 2: So we ended up having an amazing weekend and and that night Carbone Beach, first of all, Patrick Mahomes and Brittany Mahomes was sitting at the very next table.
Speaker 4: And you texted me and you didn't get a picture.
Speaker 2: Well, no, because we didn't want to approach him because we weren't you know who he did. You know we did get a picture with was was because our friend Cheryl Knowsquon.
Speaker 5: Okay, there's the picture on my phone, right, Okay, So Cheryl, the reason I'm holding this picture up to you, I want you to be reminded of the picture. Yeah, okay, okay, I remind now you've seen the picture. I want your story, and then I'm going.
Speaker 2: To ask you not a story. All it is is Cheryl. Our friend, Cheryl is friends with Saquon and he happened to be there, so she introduced him to us and he I got to tell you as a Giants fan who thought he was a trader. And of course he won the Super Bowl for the Philly you know, for the Eagles. Yeah, of course he was a big part of it this year. You can't it can't hate the guy because he's he's so nice. He's the nicest guy ever. He was hanging out with people, talking to people all night, taking pictures, hanging out at the bar. Really an every day just a gentleman, a really good guy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, very big, go ahead, very big, very big questions now, yeah number one? At any point, did you see him talking to Patrick Mahomes, who he beat in the Super Bowl?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: And did you say to him, Hey, did you see Patrick Mahomes?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, I did not say that to him. No, I didn't see. I didn't see him talk to uh to Patrick Mahomes. Now I did not. How However, m I saw the page six recap and you guys can all do this too. Google page six Friday Night, Carbone Beach and you'll see all. It was such a big room. You didn't even know who the fuck was there and who was boom?
Speaker 4: Weren't you outside at the beach?
Speaker 2: No? So it cost him like over a million domes. Carbone Beach is door, it's on the sand. You glad it didn't go? Then, Brody, you what do you want to sweat your balls off? Okay, first of all, it was a night. You have to understand something. Carbone Beach is a pop up Okay, it's a pop up breast. It doesn't exist in the sand. I thought maybe they put a tent up on the beach, a tent. This was a full on build out where you felt like you were in a building there with real floors with real like with crown molding around the stage, with lights and everything, and and it was a big this was This was not a tent. This was a giant build out with velvet rope, velvet curtains rather that were like all over the place, and chandeliers coming down like you felt like you were in a real restaurant dining room. You really, it's hard to fathom that this doesn't exist the rest of the year. It's only there for these three nights. It's like a mirage. They build it from the sand up.
Speaker 4: It's built on the sand in as opposed to from the sky down exactly.
Speaker 2: Okay, So that being said, if you google Friday night Carbone Beach recap, you'll see Tom Brady there at the event with taking pictures with Patrick Mahomes and Brittany Much like, what the fuck? Why didn't he didn't see I didn't see I didn't see Tom Brady, But he was there. He showed up. Bro. Look if you google the pictures, you see all the celebrities that were there would be married. I must say, Kwon Barkley, are you allowed to talk about what he said to you. You said, who do you think Elvis was?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, why not? I mean it was an honest mistake. Elvis did this on the radio. Kwon He says, hello, haws it going and he looks at Elvis and he goes, hey man, he goes, I love great party, awesome party. I'll definitely be back next year. He thought Elvis was Mario Carbone. Oh nice, yeah, nice. Okay, So so you saw the picture, right, yeah, look at.
Speaker 4: The picture one more time?
Speaker 2: Yeap? Okay.
Speaker 5: Now look I can't question him because he's a Super Bowl winning I know you're going to say, well, why is he wearing a purse?
Speaker 2: Because it's fashionable now for guys.
Speaker 4: A shoulder purse.
Speaker 2: Ye, a white crossbody should a crossbody. It's not a purse. It's a man bag. It's a mersey. It's a merse. It's a mer mercers are in. Yes, I'm not wearing a merse. Are you wearing a merse at the beach? I wear merse all the time? You kidding me? That's that's why I put my sun block and my wallet and my phone. You wear a merse? Yes? I bought a merse for the beach. You're the guy who gets Zeeman facials. You bought a merse and you get Zeman on your face. It's a crossbody black.
Speaker 4: To me, it's a never mind, what are.
Speaker 2: You talking about? You the last four Okay.
Speaker 4: So you are not a merse wearing you're not at the merse. Barkley can wear a mersey.
Speaker 2: No, no, but he's wearing it as a fashion statement at an event at night. I don't wear my merse at night. My merse is for the beach only, and it's there to do for. It's there for functionality. Okay. Four years ago, jets Keep Brian got me into the merse. Brought Jetskee Brian that where you put your compact and you're covered up John Jetski. Brian has been wearing a merse using amrse for the pool in the beach forever and I'm like, you know, that is so fucking handy. He goes, Dude, you gotta get one. You gotta get one because because these little zippers, you know, and the zippers eat zippers. You can put your you know, some little sunblock in there. You can put a comb, you can put your wallet and your phone, like all your valuables can go in this thing. So I said, guess what, I said, I'm fucking buying one. So I went to Toomey and I got a Toomey did man crossbody man purse? It actually, uh sits the way that one sits on Saquon Barkley. But it's black think and it's the way it sits. Do you sit when you pee?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Wow, you're that closed minded, aren't you. I'm looking at I'm looking online. It says merse. This is good for keeping for holding personal personal items like your cell phone, your wallet, and personal belonging. It's a man.
Speaker 4: That's what your That's what your markets are for your man pockets.
Speaker 2: No, I don't who has markets I'm wearing if I'm going again again? I use my merse at the beach, in the pool only, and I bring it with me religiously on vacation because I have to have it to bring it to your Why don't you bring it to your roof top bars? Why aren't you wearing your merse when you go out? Because I'm rob because that's where it is. The color mercy you're gonna wear, I'm gonna wear. I'm gonna wear white. That's where I coordinating. Are you and Robin gonna wear matching mercies and purses? Okay? I don't wear it for fascist statements. Cass is a purse, of course, of course, pers of cursive curse of cursive curse. No listen to me. You gotta hear me out for a second. Okay, I hear you out. Now you're from Brooklyn, doesn't matter from Benson Nurse Brooklyn. All right. If they found out you have a merse, they beat you at a bat. I'm not rocking the merse for the I'm not rocking them merse for a fashion statement because I don't think I could pull it off, and nor do I care to have one. Okay, but for functionality, for necessity to carrying immerse at the beach or a pool backpack. I don't want to backpack on me. What the fuck am I? What is this summer camp? What am I doing? Am I going to You can't carry a little bag in your hand? Am I going to school?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Fuck that? I want a little small thing. You have one of those already? Hey, lit sports. Don't you remember the fad of little sports? Sack? Little sports? What? What does you just say fad, fad. Remember the fad, the fad that little sports sack where people would guys were wearing around their waistband and it would just sit at their waist from them. A fanny pack, right, little sports sack, fami packs. Yes, all the merse is is a fanny pack with a cross strap. That's all it is. It's the same ship, same functionality, you use it, the same word defense for where immerse is that it's like a fanny pack. That's that's where you got this. Well, how would I look? Okay, would you criticize me if I had a fanny pack at the beach? Yes? Yes, well I think that looks I think that looks dumb. I think fanny packs look dumb for guys. Okay, So what do you have in your merse at the beach that you have to have in you in your merse? I haven't. It's still packed. I could go grab the one from my my my bedroom, right now, come go get it? Go get it?
Speaker 5: Well, wait, go ahead, go ahead, slices. Seriously, come on, I understand trendy and fashionable. I get what the what the trendy papers tell you to do? Okay, I get it in France, they're like, oh, we want people to buy merses, so we'll just say it's trendy.
Speaker 2: Celebrities wear merses. Scary Jones cannot wear a merse? Can we agree on that? Slices? Help me out here? Immerse? And if it was, if it was nothing wrong with it, you would just call it a purse, because that's what it is. It's a purse. You don't put you don't call things with an am in front of it, just to make it more manly. It's the same as purse. It's purse, so I could up call it a purse. All right, Brody, here it is. This is my merse. A monogram a camera bag. It's a monogram monogram. You put your initials on it, yeah, okay, and it's got a strap you need another S A good thing in middle initial is an S. By the way, a S S, so it's Scott by an inside here it has my my information of where and it holds all your tampons in case. Wow. Wow, I'm just curious. Brodie's you could tell your ear from the seventies because you talk like that. So look are the zippers. These are the zippers? Okay? Well, that's what you carry around stuff like tampon's. I didn't mean you wear a tampon, so you open it. Women carrying it. Purse is a lot of heavy. So normally my normally my wallet brushes. Normally my wallet and my keys would be in there, but they're not because they're on they're on my counter.
Speaker 5: Oh that's good in case you go to the beach. Anybody who sees scared at the beach know that his wallet and his keys are right in his merse.
Speaker 2: Just walk off with it, okay.
Speaker 4: And then in the I do have a comb in here, so you mirror on your nail fire.
Speaker 2: I have to comb my hair. Have tweezers? I have Oh no, I have I have tissues. I have tissues in here?
Speaker 4: Is that your walk a shamee bag?
Speaker 2: What do you got now?
Speaker 4: I have my extra extra panties.
Speaker 2: And then what you got in the other zipper? The other zipper?
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: I have my sun block. I got my my some block, my sun bum. I have my I have my face missed. Okay, my sun bum face missed? Aait? Does that have a little little business caught holder for your man card? I have my sun bomb scalp and hair missed, so it sprays it onto my hair. Okay, I have a pen. Have a pen because I need to write something down. I have a comb for my hair. I have a sun bomb roll on for my face, so it you know, the roll on deodorant, but picture of stick, but you rub it on your face. And I have I have uh you can't see it's in there, classic sun block. And then the third pouch is for your cell phone. It's for your lipstick. Wow, but I just that's my merse. Okay, let mean, come on, come on, so so yeah, it's okay to have a merse. All right, you're Brooklyn boys. No, you have a mersey. You are something else.
Speaker 5: They do not do they know? It's tell them next time you're out to dinner. Hey, guys, I got amerse.
Speaker 2: We'll come. It's very handy a beat. There's nothing wrong with carrying a beach merse. Okay, we're gonna leave it there.
Speaker 4: But the larger point of the story is why is it immerse? It's a purse. And why don't your Brooklyn boys friends know them?
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe I'll tell them all right, and and uh, Indian Matt, those guys you're pissing me. You're pissing me off. All right, great, thanks pissing you. I'm asking you a question. Your Brooklyn boys they don't know yet. I haven't spoken to them about it, so all right, I'll let call Darren. You have Amrse Baby told Darren can work Merse into a porn film. He takes that job, if he takes that job. Okay, great, all right, I'm just as okay. So slices Google Friday Night Carbone Beach twenty twenty five, pop up and you'll see all the celebrities that were in the room, all of which I missed except for Patrick, Brittany and Britay. Listen.
Speaker 5: I think it was Originally your plan was Robin take her to dinner at a nice steakhouse, beautiful hotel, and then Elvis generous Elvis.
Speaker 2: Okay, scary.
Speaker 5: I rented a table, he paid for an entire table, whatever it was, and he's like, I got two extra seats. I'm gonna invite you and Robin as my guests. Yes, So he took you and Robin. He did wonderful.
Speaker 2: Weekend, a beautiful Friday night, which, by the way, Saturday Night belonged to Robin. We hung out with her brother or sister in law. We had dinner up in Palm Beach. It was amazing, very nice good time there. Okay, but a birthday. But let me just finish my thought that in closing for what I was about to say, before you move on to what I know you. I know where you're going with this. Yeah, Robin had was over the moon about this whole weekend and one he said it was a better it was a better play. So yeah, so I did not have to convince her much and I wasn't disrespectful. Okay, okay, Brodie, now that that's tied up in a nice bow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Elvis took her out for her birthday. How do you figure Elvis paid for the table, paid for a plane flight. Yeah, paid for height and tie, a trip right down to Florida. No, you ohar a birthday present and a birthday evening. Because the next night you went out with her family. That's not a romantic night.
Speaker 2: The night the dinner you planned Elvis paid for the same way that the steak place paid for our dinner.
Speaker 4: You owe me a steak dinner. You owe Robin a dinner.
Speaker 2: Only difference is if it wasn't for me. Robin wouldn't get all that stuff because I know els Elvis my contact. Elvis is my contact and not Robin is not. Doesn't matter. Robin's connection to Elvis is through me.
Speaker 5: So did you call Elvis and ask him to please include you so that Robin could have a nice birthday? No, Elvis invited you because he knew you were in Florida.
Speaker 2: Elvis provided the entertainment and the gifts, and the plane, the private jet.
Speaker 4: What a great birthday present for Robin.
Speaker 2: You got nothing.
Speaker 4: You didn't get her a present.
Speaker 2: You didn't get her. No, I bought her a present. I bought her a present. It's still sitting here. I'm gonna have to give it to her. I have a president the plastic flower from Michael's you got ten years ago. Wow, I'm sorry to give her a president birthday. You can't even you can't even compare that to the steak dinner. That one has nothing to do with the other. Why you didn't pay for You didn't pay for any of this. Elvis pay for everything. But what does it have to do with you owing you a steak dinner? I tried to pay you back. It's not the same. Yes it is, I already paid. I paid one hundred dollars for that tip. You lest we forget one hundred. The tip is scary.
Speaker 5: The tip is the part the girl pays. That's what you taught me, that the girl can occasionally pay the tip. When you're taking a dinner, maybe you can pay the tip. That's what you're talking about.
Speaker 6: We will be right back.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. Were you saying something busted? You're busted. You're busted. You're busted, your busted. You're so busted you went to commercial. That's how busted you are? All right, all these years, I paid the tip.
Speaker 5: Finally the truth comes out. The tips what you let the girl pay, can pay the tip.
Speaker 2: By the way.
Speaker 5: By the way, a special bonus before this episode is over, I did write a song about the dinner with my friends and that we paid for the woman's dinner. I know the conversation was a couple of weeks ago and it lasted and people loved it. But I forgot for two weeks in a row to play this song. So there's a little bonus. At the end of the episode. We'll play the podcast on the way out of the song on the way the good. Since you got to talk about your plans. Oh, let's hear about your plans, David Brody.
Speaker 2: I need your opinion on something. Hmm. All right.
Speaker 5: So I'm going out to dinner with a good friend of mine. I said, Hey, I really want to watch the NFL Draft. I'm already going by myself. I'm going to the restaurant. I'm going to sit at the bar because I'm a Jets fan. They had a number seven pick in the draft.
Speaker 2: I want to sit around other people and and and feel that environment of people cheering or booing. I'm going to the bar. Do you want to go? He said?
Speaker 5: Well, I don't really like the NBA the NFL Draft. I'm more of a basketball fan.
Speaker 2: But yeah, we can go. Yeah, it's great, I said, I will. It starts at eight. I'd like to get there on seven thirty. I'll get us two seats at the bar. Fantastic. Looking forward to it. Yep, right.
Speaker 5: Seven o'clock. He texts me and says, oh, by the way, I invited my friend Pete to join us. Oh boy, I said, so, I said, Pete. Who's Pete?
Speaker 4: I don't know Pete.
Speaker 2: If I met Pete at a bar mitzvah or anything that part of your house, Pete. He's like, no, no, I just I'm smoking to Pete. In a while he uh, he was texting me seeing what was up. I was like, oh, well, don't you come out hang out with us. We're going to watch the draft. He was like, all right. I'm like, wait a minute, I don't want to have to din it with I mean, I'm sure Pete's a nice guy, but I want to have dinner with you, hang out watch the draft. Yea, I said, Now I got to share. I got to talk to you.
Speaker 5: And if we're sitting at the bar, you're gonna sit in the middle, so you're gonna be looking to the right when I want to talk to you looking to the left. When I what, why didn't you ask me? Yes, it was a big deal. So I said, well, I guess it's fine.
Speaker 2: I'm sure if you say, Pete's a good guy. But I kind of was like, listen, you.
Speaker 5: Should have Sometimes you go out with a friend, one friend, you want to talk about stuff going on, and you'll life you want to like talk about things you don't want to show to other people. Oh listen, this is going on in my life whatever. He invited Pete, Now I can't talk, So then it is the kicker. Here's the kicker, the kicker. You took the kicker in the first round.
Speaker 2: The first round. Yeah, I'm on my way to the restaurant.
Speaker 5: We're going in three cars because we all live in different areas, right, and at seven fifteen, got to get there at seven thirty. My friend texts me and says, yeah, I'll be there like two minutes late. You know, I left the house late, but I'll be in a couple minutes late. I said, great, I'm gonna get at the table. Hopefully I can get three seats now at the bar instead of two seats. He says, oh, no, Pete's already at the restaurant. He got us a booth. Oh Pete changed the seating arrangement too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I go, what do you mean he got us a booth? Well, I got there early. Wanted to get us a table. I go, no, no, I want to sit by the television sets. I want to watch at the bar and stare straight on at a TV. He said, wellnus TV's on the wall. I go, I don't want to look oval around on the side. I total.
Speaker 4: I was supposed to go by myself.
Speaker 2: That was the plan. David's going to sit at the bar and stare at because I want to be around football fans. I get it. I get it. I was like, listen, I'm sitting at the bar. Do you want to sit with me? Yeah? Okay, Now I'm gonna booth. So I'm like, did you tell Pete I want to sit at the bar? He's like, I may have mentioned, I don't remember. So I ended up sitting at the booth for Pete's sake, a guy I don't a guy I don't know, for Pete's sake, for Pete's sake with the guy I don't know, and I gotta be nice to hey. Again, he's a nice guy, but I had to talk to him when I wanted to watch the draft. So I'm sitting there with it with a bluetooth e a piece in listening to the draft on my phone and I'm trying not to be right.
Speaker 4: I can go, what was that, Pete?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Right now? Because it put you in an awkward spot because you just the whole point was for you to be there for the draft and now and now this guy is thinking like this guy Brodie's a dick. He's got his Tell me about yourself. What's your life like? Where did it used to work? Oh, that's an interesting thing. Well, I mean here about that. Now, Normally it would have been fine. The guy's interested in me again, he's a nice guy. Nothing against him. But I wanted to go to dinner with my buddy or alone. I wanted to go alone and stare at the TV. Wants draft. Yeah, Now my question is my question is if you're going to invite a third person that the first person doesn't know, shouldn't that be a conversation. Yes, yeah, I'll tell you. This happened in our in our home. Tell me what happened. Okay, all right? We had we had a dinner with British Warren. Now British Warren is a friend of ours who we don't see very often. He lives in Miami. He's moving to Italy, and he was kind of saying, look, this is the last time you're going to see me in the next couple of years because I'm moving to Italy and we got a lot of stuff going on construction at this house that we bought. Is he going to be Italy? Warren Italy War' no is still British, still British Warren, because he was the second Warren. Okay, that's correct, so British war So he wanted to get all the guys together that he knew from Hoboken, like Anthony Falco and Spanish Sex on the way, Dave Jetski, Bryan and the Locertos. You've heard all these people before, all the the typical cast of characters, right, it's like the thunder. So Falco takes it upon himself, say all right, we got a table seven or eight guys, and we want to try this new restaurant that we haven't been to in Bayone, New Jersey called Americano, which, by the way, is an Italian restaurant. Go figure, but it's called Americano. It was a really nice restaurant, really great spot in Bayone. And so, unbeknownst to Warren, he go with Falco goes to me, hey, make it. Don't make it for seven people, make it for eight. He goes, I'm gonna I'm gonna see if Cirillo wants to come, Srilla Sorillo. So like Cirillo, I said, okay, great, I'll make it for eight. He goes, I said, why Cirillo, what what made you think of him? He goes, Oh, he's been wanting to try that restaurant, you know. And now we're going I told him a British Warren. Nope, but wait, hold on, so we're taking a head count in the group chat. And British Warren, by the way, never at a loss for words, and where's his motion on his sleeve? And we'll always tell you what he's thinking straight up, like he is like, yeah, British sass. He's like, he's like, what the So he's like, wait a second, I mean eight people, who's the eighth person? And Falco gets into it with him on a group chat. I really, I really should take time and read this. But who this guy Cirillo's coming? And he goes, who's Cirillo? He goes right, he goes and then and he goes, well, well, she's a friend of mine. And Falco defends himself. He says, he's been wanting to try his restaurant, and we got like a guy, so don't worry, I'll put him at the other end of the table with me, and and then Warren like doubles down on the anger and he's like, wait in a second, fuck that. He goes, this is a dinner that I said I wanted to do and I wanted my boys. He goes, I don't know this guy. I don't want him to I don't want him to come.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: It's not even like we were buying him dinner. It wasn't his birthday, he wasn't What Ifrilla is a big drinker, now you're all splitting his drinks. He is, But that's not the point. The point is is for me, Warren, Now I in this situation like that, I didn't find it as big of a deal. All right. So if you got seven guys that you're friends with, that you know and you love, and the eighth guy that's coming happens to be someone you don't know, but I'm surrounded enough by guys that I know that I wouldn't care. I in this case, thought Warren was being a little bitch, you know, and so did a soda out friends. What if Warren wants to talk about his ex girlfriend or like some sex relationship he had, right, he knows his boys already know the story. Now he's been like, remember that time I got tied up with a ballgag and they're like, and this guy Serrilla is going, what the fuck? And now I know British WARN's like, I gotta feel uncomfortable about my ballgag story because I don't know who this guy Sirillo is pounding down right, So it became it became a pissing match between Falca, who never backs down on a conversation. He calls everyone a piece of shit, and won British Warren. So so the two of them will go this almost, by the way, this was almost so bad that the dinner almost got dismissed and canceled. You can't invite if I got a guy who wants to try that restaurant, this is a good opportunity even to try to restaurant. No, but I see got a harder go though in this case, because I know him and I know how he is he's thinking of. Does does Sirillo know any of the other people, any of the seven? Yes, everybody he knows except British Warn, Yeah, pretty much, British Warren. Ye, the guy who's throwing throlling in the evening. Yes, his idea, his idea.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: No, So what happened? Sorillo showed up anyway, because we convinced Warren that he was cool, and then Sorillo gets drunk with Warren and the two of them become besties by the end of the night. So, as it turned out, it was a good move. Now, you know, it was highly combustible going in, but we knew Cyril is a great guy. He's he's the best. You got to ask permission is all. I'm sick. You gotta like say, hey, is it okay? If Pete comms okay? In this kate body, But in your case, that's fucked up because now it's just you and your boy and he's bringing you a third and the whole dynamic of the night is changed because it was supposed to be.
Speaker 4: It's like using it not the kind of threesome I would imagine right now.
Speaker 2: Maybe on another night, right this dude would like say, look, you're going out to Chili's or whatever, and you're like, you know what, Okay, bring your friend along, let's hang out.
Speaker 5: But you have even then, if you're going for a party of seven and you're like, hey, can I bring an eighth person that's different than your two people, They're like, I want to bring a third person. Yeah, so its just it was just and I, you know, I barely got to watch the draft because I don't want to be rude.
Speaker 2: And the television that was off to the left on the wall. So if I want to watch the Treva turn my head the whole time. So I would have should have Sorella with the four of us kind of conversation.
Speaker 6: It's the Brooklyn Boys podcast.
Speaker 2: Oh my god? Uh so does Sirella have a man purse? You're still going back to this. No, he is not the kind of guy that would carry that. Actually, now, what is the kind of guy who wouldn't carry it? Man?
Speaker 5: Tell me the kind of guy that wouldn't carry immerse? When you say he's not the kind of guy, Guys who are I guess alpha men who are from a bygone era.
Speaker 2: In really in backwards thinking neighborhoods. All right, let's let's uh, let's go down the list of some of our slices. Oh, boy, is any from Brooklyn wearing immerse? Never? Okay?
Speaker 4: Is is Asian Mic wearing immerseybe.
Speaker 2: Again? And this is for the beach a beach Merse?
Speaker 4: Is Donny from CT wearing a purse?
Speaker 2: Yes? Is Trucker wearing immerse. No to the beach. We're talking about to the beach. We're not talking about a fashion statement like Sakwon Barkley Trucker.
Speaker 5: I would like if you want to write a song, it's not wearing immerse, it's one Valdez. Is one Valdez carrying it crossbody on you for your to protect your valuables. Yes, yeah, would Reggie data guy with immerse? Never Okay?
Speaker 2: Right? All right? Man you're calling out? Would would baby? Would baby? Luke?
Speaker 1: A man?
Speaker 2: Who? Okay? I tease this on a previous episode and your hair. You can follow along at the ny Post New York Post dot com. The story of Sarah Button. Her name is sand Buttons. She's twenty seven years old. Is she aging in reverse? Hio? Sarah Button, She's an Australian girl who went to go get her waxing for her bikini line her JJ. Yeah. And she got a text from the waxer after the fact and said, Hey, by the way, next time, I'm gonna have to charge you ten to fifteen dollars more for your waxing because I'm you have a bigger area. I think she may have a fupa. She got the she's not because she's Harry. She's got a you know, when you say fupa, it's the fat upper pubic area. Some people like to use the P word, the filthy one instead of pubic. Yeah, they pubic fat. So I'm assuming Sarah or Sandra is a larger woman, but or she's just Harry, or she's just got a huge surface area, or she just literally forgets about that ship and then says, Okay, it's the season I'm going in and then everything's all over the place growing. They had to give it her a reason in the article. It was vague. She just said, I have to.
Speaker 4: Hio, it's vague. It's vague. It was vague.
Speaker 2: So she she she went, what does she do? She too took the social media, of course, and made a federal case out of it on TikTok and said, do you believe this? I got that? Well that then why so the New York Post picks it up like it did so so exact mission accomplished. So I guess this is less about the story and more of where do you draw the line? Because this is one of those conversations where probably right under the belly button, Hio again, we're not let either it's more surface area or harrier or whatever it is. Do you need to pay more? Is that discriminatory in some way? She thought it was. She couldn't believe it, because I wouldn't mean I'm gonna it's gonna go up for by five dollars next time that I get waxed. I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, if you are a woman with long hair, you pay more for a hair cut or style, is that right than a woman with short hair?
Speaker 2: With short hair I'm asking, I want to pay more for their hair, pay more for their haircuts? Yeah, but women versus men. But do women as if you have if you have long hair down to your butt, you're gonna pay I think women, whether you have short hair a long hair, it's the same price for a woman.
Speaker 5: There's a lot more work to do with long hair. Really, I don't know how to dye your hair. You think it's the same price to dye long hair than short hair? Long hair is less dye.
Speaker 2: This is a This is definitely a learning process for me because I'd have no clue. Ladies, let us know, do you short hair versus long hair on a woman? Do you pay more for the long hair. I don't know. Of course you do. Oh you pay, you pay more for what more than if they want to color it? If you want it, you know, ser style of certain care as opposed to a little pixie bob or something. Pixie bob is like a men's haircut. SI simp. You're in favor of the extra five to ten bucks. Say, look, I don't know how long, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Listen if the woman's if the woman is twice as wide or harrier and it's more work.
Speaker 2: To do, people are going to say that it's it's weight discrimination. They're gonna say that it's fact I took I.
Speaker 5: Took my two dogs in to be groomed a couple of weeks ago. Okay, one of them is like eighteen pounds. One of them is fourteen pounds. I mean one's a little bigger than the other one. You really would notice they charged eighty for one of them and seventy five for the other. What they qualified. They qualified Mutsie as a smaller dog and Drew as a little bit bigger.
Speaker 2: I never heard of this. No, if the dog is twice the size, you charge more to groom them. I guess you can I guess the you can say that this is like when you buy a large versus a double extra large, you got to charge more for the extra double xtra large because you're using more material.
Speaker 5: For ye, Like I think I think that Brooklyn, Brooklyn Boys dot Big Cartel dot Com. Again, our merchandise is available. The summer's here. Time to go shopping. Get those tank tops. Yeah, let's go get a baseball hat. I think for the double X, which are the three X, we charge more because the shirts costs more.
Speaker 4: Right, how that works?
Speaker 2: But this woman is performing a service of waxing, so it's not like, oh, she's using more wax, so that's her.
Speaker 5: Logic's longer if you have to do like look when you wax again, I've never had my privates wax, but you put down a strip of wax and you rip it off. Right, If you have to do eight strips across and eight poles and more wax as opposed to six or five poles.
Speaker 2: And five and five strips and five material, more material and more wax, yeah, cost of goods, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Like if you went to have your your back waxed and you had like a little fuzz up by your neck and a little fuzz down by your ass crack. That's probably ten bucks. But if your back looked like a rug, like a bear rug, they'd have to.
Speaker 2: Charge you more. Yeah, but when you see the price list on the menu, it always says it always says bikini wax, this BACKWHACKX that.
Speaker 5: Well, they should have a sign that says if you if your vaginal area is three times the size of the average persons vaginal area.
Speaker 2: Well, it's no different than when you when you when you put your luggage on a plane.
Speaker 5: Scary if your bag is eighty five pounds instead of fifty pounds, your begs more money, right.
Speaker 2: More money? Yeah, because they got to use more fuel to take get the plane off the ground. I just think it's just pay one price. Well, I want to know what happened from the first meeting to the second meeting that she decided that now she's gonna charge her more. Did she like grow? Maybe she's like I can't take anymore. I think she lives too much. I think that's really what happened. Though she's like I can't Maybe maybe she just let the weeds grow for like years. And if there's a foodpon involved. I think I'm assuming what if there is overhang, What if you're gonna move things to get to things? It could be a more involved thing. So it's more money.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think listen, if your area is that much different than everyone else's area, I think you got to expect to five.
Speaker 2: It's like going on the right.
Speaker 5: It's like you've seen the videos at amusement parks, right when women are like, look this rye can't fit in this ride.
Speaker 2: This is discrimination. Sometimes bodies don't fit on ride. You know how many reels I've seen about airlines they're like, they can't fit in the plane seat, so they have to buy the second one. And they're saying it's discrimination and they should be given it for free. But that's a different story than performing a task. The cause the task is the task in hand. That's the cost of the task. You're performing a service.
Speaker 4: It takes more work, there's more task in hand.
Speaker 2: Hio. Let me ask you a question.
Speaker 5: If you're giving someone a massage or an oil jaw, like a massage, right, you get a massage somebody?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Maybe if they're if their back is twice the size of your back, scary, that's more the massage.
Speaker 2: All right, So if a five foot two guy should get a discount on a massage versus a guy who's six foot six, yeah, I'm okay with that. But that's not that it works. They don't charge extra for the tall guy. All right. What if you're going for a pedicure, You're going to get your toes one price? You see it, I've seen.
Speaker 5: What if you go and you've got like hooked up toes and talons and skanky dirty.
Speaker 2: Toes the same price, same price.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, But let's say you go twice and it's like really hard to do because you have like curly hammer toes and you got bunions, and you got your nails curl over, and.
Speaker 4: It's just it's just craziness. It's just it's mayhem.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: If it's more work to do, you might go. Listen, scary, you have to charge a little more. You don't have the average feet. I've seen your feet, scary, I would have to charge you. Fuck you, that's not true. My feet are just perfect. You got penguin toes, you get you tell you if you got spaces in between you first and second, your second toe is like three inches longer than all your other toes. You know you've got a lot of shit going on, you do. No, I've never had a complainture of your feet. I've never had a complaint. Scary, I've never had a complaint, and I've I've gotten pedicures before. But okay, I'm not saying okay, I'm just saying the feet. But some people have feet, they're a little left up. I'll go back to my original point. You're performing a service, a manicure, a pedicure, a facial, a massage, a waxing.
Speaker 2: It's one price on the menu. You don't get to charge more for because there's more service. Serious you wouldn't if you're really nitpicking. I see where you're coming from, but I don't agree with it.
Speaker 5: I think it's you go for a pedicure, it's bad business, and you had a farming accident and you only got six toes. That's a discount, right. I guess if you go to the dentist and you've had no you've had bad teeth your whole life, you've got like eighteeth left, that should be a discount. You're only cleaning eighteenth at that point. All right, I rest my case, she's got to pay extra. She got the food push, you got pay extras. I feel bad?
Speaker 2: All right? Is there something that you wanted to say? Did were something that you wanted to cover real real quick? Here before we take care of h I got the pick a ball fight? No, I'll tell me no, no, no, go into it right here. No, I got that long.
Speaker 4: It's a whole thing, all right. Well, it's a whole thing, all right. Well, then I got some more stuff.
Speaker 2: We're not ready to take a break yet. No, I don't want to. You need something quick here, I'll give you something quick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I got some things too. Oh okay, this is good. You'll like this one.
Speaker 5: So I'm going through my closets, and you know, I got stuff I got to get rid of at some point in your life.
Speaker 2: You got to go.
Speaker 5: I don't need that, right, So I have a do you remember in the baseball fans will know this. In the eighties and the nineties. I think up until the nineties, the manager and the coaches and the pitchers when they were on the base paths would wear jackets. Yes, call them starter jackets. Right the starter there was satin there, we was satin collared. The Yankees had black satin or whatever. Dark Navy, Phillis had pink sat. Mets had blue satin jackets. That's what they did.
Speaker 2: So in the pictures when they used to hit and we get on the base, they keep their arms warm. They put a jacket on. More of a marketing play than anything but go ye, and then.
Speaker 5: The managers would wear a jacket in the in the dugout. It was a satin jacket waist length and the pockets were slanted. It was like a bomber, like a flight jacket, but it was made of satin. And it's it's got the MET logo on it on the front and then on the sleeve patch. Okay, I have mine from God knows when that I've had forever, and I don't wear it. I've saved because like, oh it's my old Met satin jacket from back in the day. I'm like, you know what, I'm sure somebody's gonna want this jacket. And I to be honest with you, it's a it's a kid's large, Okay, I'm like, you know what, it's a kid's large, but it's also like an adult small medium, Okay, like same size roughly, I'm like, you know what, someone's gonna want to buy this. I'm gonna put it up on Facebook Marketplace and I'm gonna sell it because maybe somebody wants to buy it for their kid, maybe somebody wants to buy it to whatever.
Speaker 2: So I put it up.
Speaker 5: I priced it on eBay. I see what the going rate is. I'm like, I'm gonna put it up for one hundred dollars. So I put it up and when I you know, I listed on Facebook Marketplace. I also put it in like the twenty towns in my area that if someone lived, you know, eight ten miles away, they would drive to come get it. So you can you can get another town. So it's listed in twenty places. That's the maximum you can list. Well, the next day I get a message that says you're listing violated the policy of one of these towns. Facebook swap pages like what click if for details? I go, it's not a weapon, it's not a wheelchair.
Speaker 2: What now? What now?
Speaker 5: So I I messaged the administrator and I say, why why was my why was my jacket it's a jacket?
Speaker 2: Why why was it violation? What's going on? Now?
Speaker 5: This guy, this guy flagged me like two years ago for something that was ridiculous, and he wouldn't budge.
Speaker 4: He wouldn't budge, you wouldn't budge. So I was like, oh, I'm gonna do with this guy again.
Speaker 5: His name is something goofy like Hampton, like you know, it's got like a he's got like a rich guy name, sure whatever, Branson, something like that. So I'm like, listen, Branson, not his real name, but close. I said, well, why is my Why is my jacket a problem? He says, you got to read the rules of the Facebook group no uncertified sports memorabilia one hundred dollars or more. If you're going to sell sports memorabilia, you got to have a certificate of authentication. So I said, first of all, I put up pictures of the label. It's made by Starter. You can see who makes the jacket. Second of all, it's.
Speaker 2: Not sports memorabilia. It's a jacket. It's for someone to wear as a jacket. That's it.
Speaker 5: It's a jacket. It's not signed, it's not in glass, it's not yes, it's frame.
Speaker 2: It's a jacket. He says.
Speaker 5: You can look at it both ways. It can be memorabilia or a jacket. I said, I know, but you're the guy making the rules. So can't you just say it's a jacket because it's a jacket? And I'll say, I said, in realistic it's a jacket. I didn't say it's collectible. I didn't say it's vintage. It's a jacket. I'm selling a jacket, I said, Can I sell a jacket, an Armani jacket?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: I go, okay, oh, I'm selling this jacket.
Speaker 5: Nope, it's a sports jacket considered memorabilia. He goes, you can't sell anything for one hundred dollars or more.
Speaker 2: So you know what I did? Scary? What did you do? It's now Branson? Fuck you. I knew that was coming. I love it, so so what are you gonna cost me a dollar? Now?
Speaker 5: I've changed it now. If it's a fake jacket, you can get it for ninety nine dollars and get ripped off, but you can't get ripped off for a hundred I knew you were gonna do that.
Speaker 2: That was great. Yeah, fuck you ninety nine dollars, bitch, I love it. Before you get into your pickleball, hell, i'd like to I don't know. I think I'm due for some free dessert. First of all, yeah, this is this is just a word to I might have mentioned this on the Big Show, but I was at Palm Beach International Airport on my way back, and I gotta say, oh.
Speaker 4: You gotta fly with the regular people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because that's right. Elvis brought us there. But then we had to find our own way home. Oh poor me. So this was on Sunday and our flight was leaving in about thirty minutes. Thirty minutes, and we get online for a sandwich at Starbucks, one of those raps, yeah, prepared stuff. Yeah, there was a bit of a line, you know, five ten minutes online, paid for it, No problem, people, I'm standing around. All of a sudden, the crowd is gathering, more people standing around, more people standing around, less food being pumped out.
Speaker 6: Ait.
Speaker 5: Wait, people are standing around, like flight people paying, like waiting waiting for their orders to be made at starbarcks. Okay, so twenty minutes goes by and they still don't have our order. All we wanted was a wrap. Yeah, it was like one of those sandwich wraps that they have at Starbucks. It's a long time away, for a long time to wait. Yeah, and we saw we were three minutes away from the everybody, let's start boarding the plane. So we looked at each other and we're like, fuck it, let's get out of here, because we still had walked back to the gate.
Speaker 2: So we abandoned rap We abandoned it. Now there was food that was sitting there, other people's wraps and things that also abandoned because they had the same issue, but we didn't know that at the time, but we kind of we kind of thought about it after, like, you know what, this place is so fucking slow that that they have a habit of people just abandoning their food and leaving it. And I just think, if you are a food person, a counter person at an airport, you need to be the best of what you do. You got to put you if you're a company, you got to put your top line people in there. Because of all places for there to be for there to be a wait, it shouldn't be an airport. The airport needs to be the fastest, most rapid because people are on the go, they have deadlines to meet. They got to get the hell out of there. So I'm talking to you, Starbucks, but I'm really talking to big corporate box store blank, big fast chain, fast food blank, could be anything, Burger King, McDonald's, all of it, Taco Bell, Express, better be expressed, Pizza Hut, all of you guys, you've been express. You guys gotta be in your company. The people situated at that at the airport version of that store needs to be the fastest and the best at what they do, because there's no time to dilly dally or fuck around. Right. But I don't know what the fuck was going on at this Starbucks. But I put this on the air the other day and three people texted in and said, I am familiar with that PBI, that airport. I am familiar with that Starbucks, and they are notoriously fucking slow, and Starbucks refuses to do something about it. It's almost like a cash grab for Starbucks with like, ugh, we don't you know, we don't have to make the people's food because you know, we got slow people in here. They're just gonna pay and they're gonna walk away. But yeah, that wasn't frustrat They're gonna leave and they kept the sandwiches. What would Brody do?
Speaker 4: I don't know, reservoir, I'd show up to the airport earlier.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, again, I don't think it's I don't I don't think it's it's it's unreasonable because you give us more time for your flight prior to the.
Speaker 5: Here's what I would do if if I had little time to get food before the plane was taking off, I would go to a fast, convenient restaurant like I don't know, Starbucks, right, and get a pre wrapped panini.
Speaker 2: Does the food they don't really play me. They're not cooking the ship back there, they're wrapping it. They're they're warming it up in a microwave. A chicken and pesto sandwich on the chibata, it's already wrapped.
Speaker 4: Handed to me.
Speaker 2: I gotta go.
Speaker 5: Handing me a sandwich is less time than it takes to make a latte. Give me a sandwich, twenty person, twenty minute sandwich, person with a handheld give me a card to boom, ready to go.
Speaker 2: Here's a sandwich.
Speaker 5: Get on your plane exactly, And to be honest with you, the airline you'd have better food and cheaper food ready to go for you. Well that's a whole other issue, but but do better Starbucks and anybody, and I know this has happened to our slices somewhere, there's had to be a time somewhere at an airport, somewhere in the country or beyond, where you were to leave your food behind because it was time for you to board your flight.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying I know half the slice, like first world problems. I can't. I were paycheck to Patrick. I had never fallen in private That's why private jet. Now, somebody actually did text in on the Big Show and they're like, well, it must be nice that you're in an airport and flying, and look, okay, I'm allowed to have a first world problem. Think it's a high bar.
Speaker 5: I think the private jet from Atlantic City, that's a high bar problem. If you were like the caveall was not as fresh as I would like it to be, that's a third world that's a that's a that's a first world problem for scary Jones, we get. But saying saying your food wasn't fast enough at an airport. Look, I understand, well, at.
Speaker 2: Least you get scared, you get to go to an airport. I I don't go anywhere. I mean, that's what people were saying on the Big Show, Like you're missing the fucking point. People.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I gotta say. Look, I don't have a job, so I get to say it.
Speaker 5: I don't think getting on a plane is an unnatural bar In other words, I understand this. People don't have the money, don't have the time, can't go on vacation.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 5: But flying is not like I wish I could own a Porsche, right. Flying is like, oh, I wish i'd go to a nicer restaurant as opposed to Mcdonald'sright. It's achievable if you save over time. It's not like you can get on a plane for one hundred and fifty dollars. You could fly to Boston for like eighty seventy five. There's less expensive flights than going to Europe. So I think to say it must be nice to going to go to airport. I know times are tough. I never can anybody else's money, But flying is not like bougie. And you know I'm the first person to yell bougie.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you call bogi yeah when you see it. Yeah, But in this case, I'm just saying I'm trying to speak up for everybody who's ever been to an airport and how to abandon their shit because right, let's put it. Let' let's let's let's cheapen it. Dame, I just can't believe these companies put these put these people on the front lines at a fucking airport. Let's lower the price so that no one gets offended, because I don'tant to offend anybody.
Speaker 5: Your movie is starting in twenty minutes, and you're waiting for your popcorn and your soda, and the fifteen year old's working there are like.
Speaker 2: What's that pop corn? Would you like? Sure? You wouldn't like the large problem, same concept.
Speaker 5: You've a deadline, deadlines to me, I'm gonna miss my seventy five previews if I don't get my popcorn on my soda. So, wherever you are and you have someplace to be, you would like that business that specializes in quick turnaround to actually be quick put.
Speaker 2: The slow put the slow workers. Uh in Brodie's path in the stores he goes to. So we have stuff to talk about on the podcast?
Speaker 5: Oh yes, fair enough? Okay, when do I get to play my song? Are we almost done?
Speaker 2: Well? You want to talk about your pickleball experience and then we get play. We'll get out of here real quick. Pick a ball okay.
Speaker 5: So, uh, I normally play pickleball at night, A couple of nights a week I play. Now I am a three point twenty five pickleball player, which is intermediate, okay, this beginner advanced beginner. There is low, intermediate, and then intermediate. So I'm pretty good. But I'm not you know, Joe pickleball yet, but I'm working on it.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: I've made a lot of progress in the less than a year that I'm playing pickle ball. So I got bumped up to three point twenty five, and that allows me to register to play with people a little above me and a little below me. So I can play with the three point ohs and I can play with the three point fives.
Speaker 2: Does that make sense? Yes?
Speaker 5: I can't play with three seven five. They don't want to play with me. You don't kick my ass, okay, and I don't want to play with two seven fives necessarily fives, right, Okay? So I register for three point zero because I normally I play at night. However, this week there are tournaments, so the night sessions are canceled. So I'm like, you know what, I'm gonna play Tuesday afternoon. It's a three point oh. Now I normally play with three point two fives and sometimes three point zero. But if I play with three point oh, there'll be some three point two fives, there'll be some two seven fives. It'll be fun, it'll be great. Okay, Well, here's what I learned. The people who play in the afternoon during the week tend to be slightly older women who are retired or their husbands are at work or whatever the case, and they're there to play leisurely pickleball. Oh my yoga classes tomorrow. I'm sixty eight years old. I'm gonna play some pickle ball. So I'm gonna go play pickle ball. So this was not the guys I play with at night. It wasn't the women that are kick ass that I play with at night. This was a more mellow crowd. Now you know me scary, I'm I'm I'm hyper, I'm excited, I'm I gotta win, and i'm my.
Speaker 2: Reflexes are quick. I want to I'm playing to win, but I'm not like, you know, slamming the ball at older women and trying to hurt them. But I'm there to play.
Speaker 5: Well, Okay, So I play one match and I win and everybody's having a good time. And then you know, when you win, you and your partner split. And then two more people come on that have been waiting to play. They may have lost previously, or they got there late, whatever. So these two women come on, and I'm gonna call this woman play fair Fran. So play fair Frand comes next to me. She's an older woman who looks like she can play a little bit. Yeah, she doesn't move very well. She's sort of like, oh, the ball was too far on my left. That's a point for you guys. But if it's right to her, she can hit it back.
Speaker 2: Okay, she's not. She's not handicapped where she's like, I can't move my arms. She's good. Sorry, it's fine.
Speaker 5: She's probably a two seven five baby, she's gotta be two seven five. She registered the three point zero. Kay, Okay, so we play. She's fucking terrible, and we lose because the other team realized that play fair Fran can only hit balls that are hit directly to her, and if they're like too close to the net, she's got to run in, she can't get them. If they're too far to the side, she can't get over us. She can't get them. So that's it, okay, an older woman. Fine, Now we lost. We got to split, and we put our paddles. Now I go around open the gate to go around to put my paddle in the paddle holder. To determine who's next. You put them in order, like you wait, you put your paddles in the rack. She reaches over the fence as I'm walking around and puts your paddle next in line to play.
Speaker 2: She cut so right away, right away. I'm like, I'm not a big fan of this woman, not a big fan, but I'm not gonna say anything. To play the video games in the arcade, and you put your quarters, and the quarters are up, you put somebody puts although I never quite understood how you could tell whose quarter was loose, because all look alike.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: It was a foolish It was a foolish thing. It was a foolish maneuver that we did as kids.
Speaker 4: I I I at some times I put the words that had I would put a dot on them.
Speaker 2: Put a dot on your quarter, okay, on the quarter.
Speaker 5: Okay, So now it's our turn to play. We got called up at the same time. Coincident leaving though she cut me, and now we can't be on the same team right because we split. So I go to play with some new woman and she goes to play with another woman. Keep in mind, I'm the only guy there at this time, because I guess all the other men are at work. I don't know, I don't know what's going on, but I'm the only man playing. So when I serve slices, I have two serves. Mainly, I have one serve that I spin and so I hit it right at you and it bounces to my right. You're left, okay, okay. And I have another one that I hit that spins to my left, your right, yep, okay. So I served to her and I spin it. I hit it hard and it spins and she hits it, but it goes out of bounce, but she hit it okay. So that now I serve diagonally to my opponent, her teammate. Okay, And I spin it and I ace her on it. The ball bounces and she swings and missus. So now I go back and I'm serving to play fair fran again. And I could tell she was annoyed that I served the ball so hard to her. Oh, so I serve the ball with the same spin with softer. Now scary, if you hit the ball softer when you spin it, it's gonna go shorter and.
Speaker 4: Bounce to the right. In other words, it doesn't have the momentum.
Speaker 2: That carried on her. Understood, So I hit the ball.
Speaker 5: It goes just over the kitchen line and perfectly lands in the gray area where it's supposed to land and bounces to the right her left. She has no chance in fucking hell of getting anywhere near it. And I kind of like shrug my shoulders, like ooh, sorry, because I felt bad. So she goes, it's not funny. So I don't hear her. It's very loud in this pickleball place. I said, what, it's not funny. He shouldn't be laughing. So now my teammate is around her age. She goes, hey, nice, nice serve.
Speaker 2: That was great.
Speaker 4: I said, I'm sorry, and I walk up to the net and I say, I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: What's the problem. She says, you shouldn't hit the ball like that, and you shouldn't be laughing. I said, I wasn't laughing. I was sort of like sheepishly grinning. I felt bad. My husband would never hit a ball like that at me. I said, okay, well, there's two options here. One go play with your husband. Two, don't play this game because I didn't come here to play patty Cake. I came here to play pickle ball, and I'm serving my normal serve. I even slowed it down for you. It's not my fault you couldn't get to it. Nobody scarelessen. I play with people better than me. I play with people who aren't as good as me every night, every weekend. And you know what the people say to me who aren't as good as me when I serve the ball and then I can't get to it because it spins away from them. They say, I learned, I learned from watching you. Thank you thanks to kicking my ass. Because now I'm gonna work on my reflex right, my anticipation. I'm gonna work on tra to figure out. I'll bet I'll be better at the game. I get better. Yeah, So I say to my team, I go, I feel really bad. She goes, don't feel bad. Don't feel bad. So I said, I said, I don't tell you. I don't have to tell you. So I kept playing, and I was like I was like, do I go easy on her? And the other women were like, now fuck it. So now I'm serving my other serve, which bounces to the left, but not as dramatically so that she has a better chance.
Speaker 2: And she misses it again because she doesn't move, and she gives me a dirty look again. Anyway, we won nine to one.
Speaker 5: What am I gonna do? So she loses, she goes off, and then she comes. She has to wait now to see who's gonna So he's waiting. Two more people come on. I beat them, and now she's up next with a partner to come back to my court to play again. Oh boy, she says. She says, I'm not playing with him and wouldn't get back on the court.
Speaker 2: So I said, So I went up to I said, excuse me, aren't you coming on the court to play?
Speaker 5: No, you don't play fair. Wow wow, So I ask you, so playing play? Won't come play? So now I'm asking you, scary, it doesn't matter. It's pickaball any sport.
Speaker 2: Am I wrong?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Am I supposed to go easy on her?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, that's why it's a game.
Speaker 5: If she had said, if she had said to me, she came over to me or walked up to the net and said, listen, don't embarrass me. Uh yeah, please, I'm I'm something something years old, and I you know, I'm here to have a good time. But if you could just go a little easier on me, I would have been like, you know what, you're one hundred percent right, You're.
Speaker 2: Right, no problem, no problem, I'll go.
Speaker 5: I could look, I could still beat her without spinning the ball, without hitting the hard.
Speaker 2: I could still beat here. He did nothing right.
Speaker 4: But if she said but she's like, don't serve to me like that, there's nothing funny.
Speaker 2: The mere fact that you have to think twice about it really makes me question what the hell is going on in this world today.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So after she walked off, her partner came over to me. She said, listen, listen, she's like that. We had we had a problem with her last week too.
Speaker 2: I expect that from a twelve year old generation Alpha, who can't handle it, who can't handle the heat. Listen, listen. If here's here's the thing scary.
Speaker 5: If you can't keep up with three point zero players where I'm a lot. In other words, when you register for three, you better anticipate three point two fives might be there. If you can't play at that level, yeah, you gott sign up for that level, don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sign up for two five to two seven five, and then you can play with people that Patty can. I'm in a rare agreeance with you, David Brody, thank you, Thank you, slices. You know what I'm talking about. What I'm talking about. Oh all right, let's do that song. In fact, let's have this song carry us out of here today.
Speaker 5: This is a wish we could play the ultro song anyway. Here is a song I wrote. It's called women a free scary is gonna tell you you can't hear it? H good good level.
Speaker 2: I went out to eat ten guys, one woman and me.
Speaker 6: The film came as that.
Speaker 2: Is when she was told that we all treat bucks.
Speaker 6: We all paid and nobody got laid. Wish we had gone to a diner. Wish that I had a vagina.
Speaker 2: Women free.
Speaker 1: Nobody asked me, it's.
Speaker 6: Not that up, she I just don't get this policy. One hundred bucks, we all paid and nobody got laid.
Speaker 3: Wish we had gone to a diner. We're sad I had a vuchina women he free. Nobody asked me. Nobody asked me.
Speaker 2: It's not that I'm cheap.
Speaker 1: I just don't get this policy. I always show women respect. I always show women respect. I hold the door open for them. I hold the door open for them. This woman is just a friend, just like these ten Brooklyn men. I always show women respect. I hold the door open for them. But this woman is just a friend, just like these ten Brooklyn men. If you have a fund, j put.
Speaker 2: Your money he way. The men will all pay.
Speaker 6: It's the Brooklyn way.
Speaker 2: Free. Sounds like you ask me. I love it.
Speaker 6: It's not that I'm che it's just complete and.
Speaker 2: And Eddie, thank you. We'll see you next time on the Brooklyn Boys podcast. Enjoy. Thank you so boy bro Brockly Boys, bro Bro Boys, brock bro