Speaker 1: This is the most dramatic podcast ever and iHeartRadio podcast. Chris Harrison and Lauren z e Ma coming to you from the home office in Austin, Texas. We are back together again, reunited, and it feels so good.
Speaker 2: Where have we been? Where have you been? Where have I been?
Speaker 1: Here?
Speaker 3: You have?
Speaker 2: Okay, So everybody.
Speaker 3: I was gone from Chris for about a week volunteering as a counselor again at Experience Camps, my second time being a counselor, and as you all know, I love the organization. Experience Camps is a nonprofit that puts on healing summer camps for grieving kids, kids who have lost a parent or sibling. I'm now on the board. But yeah, when you go in your accounselor, you're gone for a week. And I had a wonderful week. Shout out to my bunk, the Purple Moose, to the triplets Mazie and Charlie and Reese, to Hayden, to Jayden, to Kaya to is your movie Nellie?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: These are the MEAs the Mooses. To Cameron, oh my gosh, who am I missing? To Ico I think I got them all. No, to Judith, and to my co counselors Ellen and Carly and Kat, to.
Speaker 1: All the kids that went to all the experience camps. It was a great little summer get away for everybody. So great that you did that. I was lonely. It was weird. I did some podcasts without you. At one point I just drove to Home Goods and was walking up and down the candle aisle. You're just sad, just listening to sad music.
Speaker 3: You weren't that desperate. But what was funny is I said, Babe, what'd you do?
Speaker 2: I was gone, you go.
Speaker 3: I listened to an entire book about World War Two, and then I listened to podcasts.
Speaker 2: This is about the things that I.
Speaker 3: Learned in the book about World War Two. And I've never even known you to listen to a book.
Speaker 1: I well, I listened. So the book was Bomber Mafia by Malcolm Gladwell. I'm a big Malcolm Gladwell fan. You guys know him. He wrote Tipping Point and a billion other books, and he's brilliant, and so he wrote this book, Bomber Mafia. But it really is better on tape because he integrated real interviews and a lot of the same sound that you're getting from back in the day, from these press conferences and propaganda films that Ronald Reagan voiced over that was his. He was a voiceover guy back in World War Two, and so you hear this, these little propaganda the things we were playing in America to talk about the war, and it was Ronald Reagan voicing it. This fascinating stuff.
Speaker 2: And so, yes, long hows was this book?
Speaker 1: Uh probably three four hours?
Speaker 2: Oh that's it?
Speaker 1: Okay, well, yeah, and so but a fect great book. By the way. I cannot recommend it enough, Malcolm, because Malcolm Gladwell never just tells a story. It's always the the dominoes that had to fall to make that story.
Speaker 3: I've said this many times when there was that TikTok trend. Do men think about the Roman Empire every day? I think the real thing they think about every day is World War Two for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then so the Bomber Mafia, which again cannot recommend enough by Malcolm Gladwell, got me going down this rabbit hole. I love listening to Malcolm Gladwell, and so he does a series of podcasts on events that are happened in our history. They were kind of tough to explain how they happened, and one of them was speaking of World War two.
Speaker 2: We're all we always are.
Speaker 1: The Olympics in Germany, the Hitler Olympics. How did that happen? Knowing what we knew going into it, which was, you know, the anti Semitism, Jews already being persecuted, the Nazi regime was already formed and going strong. How did America go to that Olympics in good faith? And they talk about how that happened, the people involved, and the again the dominoes that had to fall, and it was that I am somewhat ashamed. It was a nine part series that I listened to wow about how we got involved in the Olympics and the story of Jesse Owens. They go into a lot of detailed, a lot of cool little aspects about that Olympic Games.
Speaker 3: So what I've realized, and I don't know if this is a good or bad thing, but I take up a lot of.
Speaker 1: Your time you do, that's it.
Speaker 2: You had a lot of free.
Speaker 3: Time without me. I don't know if that's I don't know what that means. How did it feel for you?
Speaker 1: I like to break away when I can from you to gain knowledge.
Speaker 2: Okay, I listen.
Speaker 3: I want to applaud you for making it a productive use of my time, but you're right.
Speaker 1: But you're right, I must have been lonely because I spent the better part of fifteen to sixteen hours just on this book and podcast.
Speaker 3: I'm usually talking at you so much that you needed to have someone else talk at you.
Speaker 2: You know, I do.
Speaker 3: I really do applaude on that, and I know I'm joking about it, but I think it's very important to learn from our past in order to move forward with our future. And I was thinking as you were like telling me about all this, like A, I feel like I've forgotten everything I learned in high school history, which I hate.
Speaker 2: I don't love that I have, but it's like in one ear out the other. If you don't use it, you lose it.
Speaker 3: And B you know, I miss the History Channel and I miss when like the cable guide was just easier because I think better content used to be made.
Speaker 2: Like now, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think there are good docuseries out there, but they're so hard to find and it's also thrown together. I used to just kind of throw the History Channel on and see what was on there, and they had great content and now I don't even know where to I guess Netflix must have a history section for sure.
Speaker 2: Are you popping around in there?
Speaker 1: And I love you? Know me? What'd you catch me watching this weekend?
Speaker 2: I just last night Band of Brothers was like rerunning Labor Day.
Speaker 1: They did a Band of Brothers just which is funny because it's on I can watch it at any time it's it's on the streamers, I could go watch it, but for some reason, when it's on, I will just jump in there.
Speaker 3: Something about the happenstance of just what's on? You know, we all get caught in that searching through Netflix. Then you never pick anything. It's just easier to see what's on.
Speaker 1: What is that medically, physically something emotionally. I'm one hundred percent for a rewatchable where I find it, and it's like I found twenty dollars in my pocket that I'm excited that, Oh my god, Roadhouse is on or The Replacements was on Oceans eleven Yeah, and it's like and it's a good spot, so I jump in as opposed to I know I could go on right now, I could stop this podcast, go on and find Ocean's eleven or any of these movies and go watch them in their entirety. But that's not appealing to me.
Speaker 3: It finds me like finding a twenty dollars bill versus going to the bank and getting one out.
Speaker 2: You're right, Oh no, no, maybe it's not just like no, you was.
Speaker 1: You're right because it was my twenty dollars bill to start anyway, It's not like it's new. Yeah, I at one point I did get it out of the bank.
Speaker 2: Well that there you go.
Speaker 1: I wasn't excited when I got it out of the ATM.
Speaker 3: I don't know who to consult, but there's a phenomenon happening there is, so that's what you did.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: For me, I was with the kiddos and camp was amazing and if anyone wants to find out more, had to experience camps dot org. And our next project is going to be focusing in the new year on getting the Texas location open in twenty twenty six. Camp was very different for me this year than it was the first year, and I was really grateful to talk to the other counselors and it's good to have like them as a sounding board. One of them who'd been a counselor for several years and now told me, she's like, every year is different.
Speaker 2: It was still so great, it was amazing.
Speaker 3: It was just different. I like, I was less emotional than I was my first year. But I think that's a good thing. I think it was reflective of you know that first year, you're kind of like, Wow, to be surrounded by all these other people who understand grief is very It's the first time you've ever experienced it, and it's very powerful. I think this year I was a little less emotional, and I was torn on how to feel about it. On the one hand, it made me feel good, like maybe I'm able to be even stronger and more present and more giving to the kids because I'm less emotional myself. And then part of me was worried that I was failing by being less emotional, because I do think for the kids it's helpful for them to see adults be vulnerable and set that example. But it's always that combination, right, how much do you want to be open and vulnerable and how much do you want to be strong?
Speaker 2: Right? And so I was worried. I kept I couldn't shake this feeling that I was failing them. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you and I talked a lot about about that. I mean, I think you gave so much last year, but you got a lot because it was your first time, and so you were because it was cathartic for you because to go to this camp for the first time, And I think this year you just gave. You didn't get as much because you were giving. I think you were working at the camp and you're on the board now. I just think there's so many more layers now that you're a part of this organization as opposed to something so new and exciting. It was no longer your first day at school.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, probably last year I had no idea what to expect. This year, I knew what to expect a.
Speaker 2: Little bit more so.
Speaker 1: I knew you were excited to go back to camp and see everybody.
Speaker 3: I don't want to underplay my joy here. Camp was amazing. I'm so close with all the counselors with the kids, like to see there was something new and special this year, and seeing the kids because now I know them, for them to get off the bus and run and give me a hug and be excited to see me, I mean, oh, my gosh that I'll like hold that in my heart forever. And I had a great time again and we have you know, we laughed and cried and everything was great. I was worried that I just wanted, I don't know, I wanted to be emotionally present for them, and I think I was, but I almost I almost want to ask them like what do you want? Do you want me to be strong for you? Or do you want me to cry with you? And maybe next year I'll ask them that more because you.
Speaker 1: Just describe the toughest part of parenting, Yeah, is like how to figure out and that's something we all do as parents. There is tough love. Do I go that route? Do I be their friend in this moment? Or do I you know, it's like you said, how much do I let them in too my own pain and suffering to my own problems? Is that relatable?
Speaker 2: Or is that like asking too much of them?
Speaker 1: Asking too much? And is it? You know? So that's that's always that line that I've had to walk as a parent. I think you're definitely realizing the same stuff at Experience camps because what you're doing is very maternal there and taking care of these kids and your year after year. Now that's the bond you're going to build and you talk about them and you think about them, and so when you get to see them again, what do I want to give them now? And what's best for them, because that's the that's the most difficult thing, what's best for them to prepare them as they move forward.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're also struggling with I want them to feel like they're getting this escape, this week away at camp where they can be kids. And because you know, most, I mean all of them have grief that they're dealing with in their lives at home, and so we want camp to be an escape and fun for them, but at the same time, we want it to be healing. And so there's just this, yeah, this element of like of finding that balance of how much it should be. And I also think you're striking like how much how much do you want them to like learn and mature at this camp if that makes sense. Like, I know that they feel good when they comfort each other. I know that it helps them grow to comfort other kids, to listen to other kids, and maybe even to you know, listen to the counselors. And so how much do you want them to grow there versus being able to be kids. These I don't have all the right answers. These are just the things I'm pondering and the big questions.
Speaker 1: So it kind of reminds me. I mean, on a less dramatic scale, it's like when you ask your parents, Hey, you know, dad, who was the president you know before John F. Kennedy And he knows the answer, but he's like, well, go look it up, son, And you're like, damn, but just tell me the answer. And you realize by picking up there are these things called encyclopedias. Go go, you know, go to your computer, Google or whatever. But by reading it, you're learning, and you learn a few other things, and you realize why your parents did that to you. And I know you struggle with the same thing of Okay, how much do I want to just give them the answer and help them through this hurdle in life versus go out there, sit by the campfire, talk to your friends, mingle and figure this out amongst yourselves. Now, I'll aid you when it needs to happen, but try to look up the answer on your own. That's always a difficult dilemma.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And what is amazing is to see. I really think I see the effects of camp now. Like I remember how I was at these kids' age, at these girls' age, at you know, fourteen, I was so not as emotionally developed and mentally eloquent as they are. Obviously, grief has aged them in a way that you know, a kid who hasn't been through grief yet at that age isn't And I hate that, but you see the effects of camp because I know, like my brother was fourteen when my dad.
Speaker 2: Died, and this isn't a knock on him.
Speaker 3: He was just a fourteen year old kid who definitely couldn't explain his grief and address his grief and deal with his grief in the same way that I'm seeing these girls be able to do. And that's a result of them having gone to camp for a few years and getting all these tools. So that was really wonderful to see and just more love and a shout out to the girls and their parents who I got to meet and everybody had experienced camps.
Speaker 1: There were some great news while you were gone. The higgins is Is are pregnant. I know, Ben and jesss congratulations got they announced that they are pregnant and we couldn't be more excited for him. I've talked to Ben and Jess. We've all been we have our little text string. We've been texting back and forth. Just so happy, so blessed. I know she shared. Go listen to their podcast because Ben ingested a special podcast the almost famous podcasts where they kicked Ashley to the curb, They did their own where they talked all about it. Go listen to that and all have been on at some point, maybe even Ben and Jess, and we'll kind of dive into the parenting and what they're excited about. We're going to see him this weekend. There's a big wedding in LA that a lot of US Bachelor alums are going to. It should be a very interesting wedding, a very interesting weekend, but it'll be the first time we get to see Ben and Jess and give them a big look for them.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I know I was at camp and so I feel like I kind of missed out in the text because I really try to not be communicating on social media, and.
Speaker 2: They're just going to be the most incredible parents and a baby girl. I feel like Ben Higgins is strong girl, dad energy.
Speaker 1: Such strong girl, dad energy, and just they're just I love Jess. I'm just going to talk about Ben for a minute. He's such a dad. He already is such a dad. If there was anybody who just what was missing was the kid that's Ben. Uh. He is going to be such a phenomenal father. And it's really it's a bizarre speaking of paternal instincts thing for me when I watch young men that were the Bachelor, Bachelorettes, whatever, when they grow up, get married, fine love, you know, whether it was on the show, off the show, start having kids, start living the life that I've kind of already been through. Is really I don't know why I get so proud or get excited for him. You know. I felt the same way for Ari and Lauren and being at Wells's wedding, and now you know Ben's pregnant, and Sarah Harrah and having a baby, and Andy Dorshman pregnant and having a baby. I just it's it's so exciting for me to watch these people go to the next stage of their life, to be a part of that with them. I love that. So excited and congratulations to Ben and Jess and Dandy as well. I don't think we've given her a shout out on the show yet, but she's expecting as well. Lots of Batcher babies coming and this weekend is going to be interesting.
Speaker 3: Also in the headlines new cast of Dancing with the Stars Season thirty three on ABC. I covered Dancing with the Stars for years for entertainment. Tonight I went to a fuel you did, Yes, you and I went together when Hannah Brown was on.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: First reaction to this cast, I have to be honest, I was disappointed. I'm baffled. I feel like last season's cast was so much better. Season thirty two, you had actor Matt Walsh from VEEP, Jamie Lynn Spears, Tyson Beckford, actress Mira Servino, Adrian Peterson from Real Housewives, Mauricio Yumansky.
Speaker 2: Like these were big.
Speaker 3: Names last season, Arianna from vander Pump Rules, Jason Maraz, all these names that I like, I knew almost.
Speaker 2: Everyone on the cast. Okay, now you're season thirty.
Speaker 1: Three go through. Because I've kind of stayed away from this list because I wanted to see if I know these people.
Speaker 3: I'll just read everybody, Okay. Phaedr Parks, she was real hot that's a good name. Real Houses of Atlanta and the Traders. She's she's a good solid cast.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Danny ammondola wide receiver. Okay, I believe he was the Patriots.
Speaker 3: I've heard his name, so I didn't know him. Of The Bachelor, Joey g Ilana mar but she was the rugby player.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love her. I've started following her on social media. She was a part of our gold medal winning rugby team.
Speaker 2: Also like relevant news, very.
Speaker 1: That's that's a good poll. Sports Illustrated Swimsuit picked her up to to do the sis Chandler Kenny.
Speaker 2: I don't know that personally. I don't know who that is.
Speaker 1: I don't know that one.
Speaker 2: Anna Delvey do you know who that is? Okay? She I do know who Annadelvey is.
Speaker 3: She was the like swimler, alleged swindler pretending to be an heiress.
Speaker 2: She was convicted of.
Speaker 1: Like oh okay, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Getting money from people. She was. They made the show Inventing Anna about her.
Speaker 1: Oh oh okay, that's okay. I've heard that. I've actually heard of the show.
Speaker 3: Starts to get a little bit like huh okay. Also Jen Tran, who is just the Bachelorette. But here are the names where it starts to get a little bit like I feel like these would have been great.
Speaker 1: They put a Bachelor Anna batcherette on there. Yeah, well, okay, they're having to double up.
Speaker 2: Okay, what are your thoughts?
Speaker 1: Good for the bachelor people, not a great sign for the dancing people. Well, if you're having to use two people from one franchise, although they may have made promises that that had to happen to get people to do things, but my guess is that's not great having to use people from the same franchise at the same time. You know, it's like it's like, well, if you are casting a show, you should have so many diverse stars that you get to pick the best. That looks like we had to use who would say yes to have a Bachelor and a batch read on it the same season. That's not It's not a great look.
Speaker 3: Well, I would think they would be celebrating it more as a thing, like the first time ever a Bachelor in a battle.
Speaker 1: I was trying to think if they've done that before, if they've had two people from the same show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so, and here's where it starts to get a little.
Speaker 2: I feel like all of the.
Speaker 3: Names I'm about to say would have been gets like five years ago. I would actually file Anna Deelvi in there, like sure, her name was really going around a few years ago.
Speaker 2: So she's the first one. Now there's several. Eric Roberts, Oh, the actor brother of Julia.
Speaker 1: Wait wait, wait, wait, wait wait. I swear to god, I had no idea they're related. Eric Roberts and Julia Roberts. That's his brother. That's our brother.
Speaker 2: Are you experienced.
Speaker 1: I'm being dead serious.
Speaker 2: I think you covered red carpets for years.
Speaker 1: I know and not honestly. I love Julia and I love Eric Roberts. He's the He's that guy. He's in so many movies. That's really funny. I didn't know they were related.
Speaker 3: Wow, I feel like this is like the other day my friend said to me, you know from the tagline for K Jewelers.
Speaker 2: Every kiss begins with K.
Speaker 3: The other day my friend said, oh, I get it, every kiss begins with K.
Speaker 2: That's your.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, Eric. If they had gotten Julia, by the way, that would have been a good poll.
Speaker 2: Please, I know. Reginald Velle Johnson.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, excuse me.
Speaker 3: He was Carl Winslow on Family Matters, So I remember Family Matters. I don't remember. It's been a minute since I thought about Family Matters. I feel like we should be on a more reason like there. We should be pulling from a more recent sitcom than Family Matters at this point, like someone from Modern Family or someone from you know, do you know what I'm saying, like other sitcoms of more.
Speaker 1: What's happening in the last twenty years, someone.
Speaker 3: From like yeah, I don't know, the Office again, or even somebody who was on Friends, Yeah, or if it's like what about like Janis from Friends? Why she never done dancing with this?
Speaker 2: That's true?
Speaker 1: I wonder if Patrick Warburt never has Putty from Seinfeld and from He's done so much stuff. I don't know. Yeah, but someone along those lines, a cult tory spelling, Oh yeah, our girl, she's in the iHeart Family. Yes, that's you know, that's weird. She's never done that. I would have to I would say she's done it before.
Speaker 3: I want to ask her, and I could almost guarantee. I feel like they asked her before and maybe she said no in the past and now was finally time.
Speaker 1: Well dancing is something you do when you need it, not when they need you. And so I'm one hundred percent sure they've probably asked Tory over the last ten years, because that is a name that should have come up at least a decade ago.
Speaker 2: Okay. And then there's also.
Speaker 3: Sports illustrated model Brooks Nader, Okay, who I've kind of heard that name.
Speaker 2: I think she's a newer celebrity. So I just.
Speaker 3: Overall, it's not like it's not bad, but I think it's been better the past few years.
Speaker 1: Who would you say you're you're good at this stuff. Who's the biggest name on that list?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think that's a really good point.
Speaker 3: Is like last year, for example, when they got Jamielyn Spears, It's like, oh wow, they Jamie Lynn Spears.
Speaker 1: And there was the ariana of it all.
Speaker 3: Yes from vander Ris Yumansky. He'd just been in this you know, split with Kyle. A lot of storylines, a lot of story I don't think we're I don't think we have huge names, and I don't think we have a huge story. Here is the issue, Like the Anadelvi thing. We all there's literally been docuseries and scripted shows about that.
Speaker 2: There's just not a lot of like rama here.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I believe our man Alfonso Roberto good friend is still hosting. Yes, Julian Hus Julian Huff and I've known Juliane actually for a long time too. But we were just with Alfonso and his family and and Tahoe and we were talking about it.
Speaker 2: But I don't think I've ever asked you this. Would you ever do Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 1: No, I would host it, And I came very close to hosting just one episode for Tom Bergeron, the King of All host of you know, with all due respect to my friend Alfonso, but there was a time when Tom Bergeron had a family situation where he wasn't going to make it back, and so I was going to fill in for him. I was just kind of standing in the wings ready to go, and he ended up making it back. But it's not something I would want to go do dancing wise, but hosting it, sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you are actually a good dancer.
Speaker 1: I love to dance, and I have nothing against it. I mean, I've loved watching all the Bachelor Bachslrette people go through it. I honestly, at this point, I don't know if my back would survive it. I would hate to be I would be that story that like he had to go bow out and you don't. You definitely get in phenomenal shape because it is real. You work your off, and a lot of the dancers, I think some of the dancers have changed as well. I'm not as well versed with who's kind of big and who's not anymore. The Bachelor of it all was interesting because at first we had this very adversarial, contentious relationship with them, not me. It was just the executives involved, my boss and them, ABC and everyone else did not get along, and so it was very contentious. When Trista started doing it, she was our first, and then I think Jake Pavelka did it and kind of went on Chris Souls. It kind of became a thing where they would ask us and begrudgingly we would allow them to do it. It was we really hung it over everyone's head. And I say we again, not me at all, the creator of the show, who had an act to grind with the entire world, and so it was very contentious. It was this big back and forth and at one point I think dancing even kind of went over our head and that's that's when they got like Melissa Ryecroft and some other people and it got and that's where it really kind of almost blew up and it got kind of nasty. But then I think the smarter heads prevailed and they started realizing, this is a carrot you can dangle. You can offer this because there's not as much to offer the Bachelor of Bacherette anymore social media wise, you really don't get that push. There's not as much money in being the bacheler Bacherette anymore. It's not as desirable, and so being on dancing and Dancing with the stars is something you can offer. And so that's probably why there is Jen and Joey. If they've offered them something else, need them for something else, or got them to do something in the past, this was probably the carrot that they dangled because A it's good publicity and b there's money in it.
Speaker 3: In other news, while I was at camp, Jennifer Lopez filed for divorce from Ben.
Speaker 1: Aff Finally, I mean, finally.
Speaker 2: It felt so obvious, didn't it.
Speaker 3: I Mean, there was no I don't know if I've ever been like, yeah, okay, more to a headline in my inbox.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've never been more more more happy for both of them, like go be free? What does the future hold for Ben Affleck and relationships? And I wish him? Well, it's somebody who I find a sympathetic figure. I don't know him at all, despite being in the movie Bounce with him. We didn't get that type, believe.
Speaker 2: It or not during your cameo.
Speaker 1: But he Is it wrong that he's somebody I just want to see happy for a change?
Speaker 2: Well, I think I wanted both. I mean, I want everybody always to be appy.
Speaker 1: By the way, j Lo too. I'm just talking about Ben. It just he seems so.
Speaker 3: But don't you think that's his own stuff at this point? I think he's I mean, I know he's been open about his addiction stuff, and I think he just I don't know. I mean, Jennifer Garner and Jennifer Lopez seemed to me to be two very different people. Yes, and it didn't work out with either of them. And I think, you know, Ben's got his own stuff to work on.
Speaker 2: That's my.
Speaker 3: Entertainment reporter read on that. And you know, Jennifer Lopez has always been someone and I think she owns this who dives into love quickly and hard and fast and then kind of has these like really intense relationships that but none of them have worked out either. So I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think, do you.
Speaker 1: Know how old Ben? You're good at this? How old has Benfleck?
Speaker 2: Probably fifty one? God, you're so good.
Speaker 1: He's fifty two.
Speaker 2: I almost said fifty two.
Speaker 1: Ah, you're good. If there is ever a game show of how old are they? ELS's going to kill this. So he's fifty two, So he's my age. It's time to time to really be all grows up and have it together now.
Speaker 3: I have been surprised by how much she's been like post breakup contenting on social media, like posting the booty photo. She posted a close up of a T shirt that read She's in bloom and unbothered, out of reach and a piece man. Okay, j Lo, I feel like I do feel like I'm watching like one of our kids college friends post breakup on Instagram or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the revenge photos, the revenge trips to Italy and all that. You know, there's definitely a lot of a lot of she's taken to social media to kind of air her grievances and to get over this.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, I'll never forget when Entertainment Tonight sent me to Vegas when they got married in Vegas, and I was reporting from the bathroom that ben Affleck changed and well, you know how sad to see the relationship go this way, that strong start.
Speaker 1: It's hard to believe that a relationship that started in a bathroom in Vegas did not bear fruit.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, speaking of marriage, They're not the first to do this, but it just made highlines that Miles Teller and his wife got tattoos on their wedding ring fingers for their fifth anniversary.
Speaker 2: Some of the people have done this.
Speaker 3: Actually the Higgins is Higgins does ring tat Beyonce and jay Z and I had someone DM me and ask if we would ever do this?
Speaker 2: Would you ever get a tattoo of your wedding ring?
Speaker 1: Sure, like if you honestly, I don't want to. Let me just preface this by saying I don't want to, But if you came to me and said, Babe, this really means a lot to me, I would love to do this. Sure. I mean I would do it for you, but I would totally be doing it because it's your desire. I don't. I don't. I would like to make it through this life without a tattoo at all on my body.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm not a tattoo guy. Why it's funny. We had this convers station this weekend with your family. We were at the lake and you were ahead of us, but we were talking about tattoos.
Speaker 2: Oh, so I was not part of the cars.
Speaker 1: You would know you were your ahead. So I think I was talking to your sister and her husband, my brother in law, and we were just talking about tattoos and if they have them, and it was it was interesting. You just the idea of getting them removed. And they just had a friend who got a sleeve, which is a definite step. But I'm just not a tattoo person. I have nothing against them. I think they can be cute, they can be telling, they can be interesting, they can be meaningful.
Speaker 2: But you just made a strong statement.
Speaker 3: You said I would like to get through my entire life without a tattoos.
Speaker 2: So my question is what I'm just I'm not. Don't.
Speaker 1: I'm not a tattooed person. I don't want to put anything on my body. I've never desired I've never desired to put anything on my body because and it's not that obviously you the kids, I have meaningful things in my life. I've never had the need to like put someone's uh date or face or name on my body, Like, have you ever had that? Like, not to be morbid, I've never asked you this, but when your dad died, did you ever think of putting anything memorable?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: And that was I mean, honestly, that was kind of a read for me too. It was like I always thought, if I was ever going to get a tattoo.
Speaker 3: Of anything, that would have been the thing to do. But it's not that, I guess I'm just interested in the difference of like, because there is a difference between you saying there's nothing I want a tattoo for it versus I want to make it through life without a tattoo.
Speaker 1: Well, it's not a goal. I never set out to not get a tattoo. I've just never desired one.
Speaker 2: Then you and we feel the same.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you don't have any either that I found yet.
Speaker 2: I just.
Speaker 3: I mean, I definitely think it's a generational thing, like older generations are more anti tattoo. I think tattoos are I read the other day. They're more common now than they've ever been before, Like more people have a tattoo today.
Speaker 1: But I would argue they skipped a generation. I felt like, hate to go to World War Two, but kind of that World War two, even into the Vietnam kind of the sixty seven, the tattoos, especially military, that was really a thing, and then it kind of stopped. I guess kind of my generation we didn't get them really the occasional frat boy did or something like that. Now it's really come back, so I feel like there was a gap.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think people get them in a more artistic way now too, as like art on their bodies. And I just I feel the same. I would totally get I might feel differently, I don't know. In five years, maybe we'll do this. It could be like a cool thing to commemorate it. I would totally do a wedding finger tattoo. It's not something I haven't ever thought about, but I would totally do it. Like maybe we'll do it in a way where if we're off somewhere on a trip, we just do it on a whim.
Speaker 1: I'm not against it. I mean, if you were like, hey, let's do this, babe, I'd be like, great, let's do it. Shot out tequila and do it. Can I ask you a question? Breaking news in the headlines, and I want to know, is there any validity in your mind to this Taylor Swift thing?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yes, I was texting with some friends about this earlier.
Speaker 3: So there is a report that someone posted an alleged breakup agreement plan from Travis Kelsey's PR agency. This was an alleged typed out, published plan of what would happen on the agreed upon date of Taylor and Travis breaking up and what the rollout of the breakup would be from his PR company. And everyone's saying, well, here's proof the relationship is fake. It's just for the headlines, it's just for attention, and it's orchestrated. The PR company has released a statement saying this is fake.
Speaker 2: You think, And yeah, that was my instinct from the start.
Speaker 3: Not because I think every I think there are orchestrated relationships in Hollywood.
Speaker 1: I do, Well, we don't think, we know, we know they're orchestrated relationship. There are contracts that does happen, that is real. What was interesting, though, babe, is this had to date, this had September twenty eighth on it that this is when they were going to do it, this month coming up.
Speaker 3: But I instantly thought it was fake, only because the document itself seemed so fake and the way it was put out seems so fake. Someone posted it and said, like, Emily just left this out on their desk. I'm like, well, okay, if you're the person posting this, you seemingly would work at the company too, so why would you out your whole company? And two, the document said at the top as if it's like your high school paper on World War Two, Travis Kelsey and Taylor Swift breakup Plan confidential, do not distribute.
Speaker 2: I'm like, who no company is? That's just dumb.
Speaker 1: That's why it was very remedial the way. And by the way, if it turns out to be true, which now at this point, we would never know because they would not do it, you know. So here lies the dilemma of we'll really never know because because now in September twenty eight, they're definitely not going to go through with it because they can't they can't validate this story. So even if they did have a plan, now they have to come up with a new plan. But yeah, for all the naysayers who never wanted to believe in this, this gives them fuel. And for the rest of us, I think we all think this can't be real, and if it is, this PR agency may be the worst, most basic PR agency ever. It's like breakup plan for Travis Kelcey September twenty four ten, right exactly.
Speaker 2: For who his new girlfriend will be.
Speaker 1: Please don't take a picture of this and distribute it. There's no cover page, there's no nothing to cover that. What that top sheet says? Yeah, no, that like they.
Speaker 2: Should have just put a stamp on it, like the movie's Confidential.
Speaker 1: But that kind of lit things up today on social media.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I do.
Speaker 3: I know a few stories of people who said they were even told by their agents, like date this person and it'll help us craft your image.
Speaker 2: And so I do think that happens.
Speaker 3: Maybe even more than you and I know, because we were never like deep in the I don't know, neither of us was really ever that deep in that wild.
Speaker 1: Luckily I never had to do that dance. But there are you know, and you'll notice a lot of these relationships go exactly seven years.
Speaker 2: Wait, really, yeah, where did you hear about that. I've never noticed that. Where'd you hear that.
Speaker 1: Let's say there was a guy that was really famous and top gun and mission impossible. If you look at the length of his relationships, they're the same.
Speaker 3: Oh well, definitely with that certain actor. There are even stronger rumors about Yeah, you know, well it was like a rumor for years, right, that Katie Holmes, I'm repeating a rumor, but that Katie Holmes was one of several women in consideration to be Tom Cruise's wife, and that you know, they were all like looked at by the church and yeah, interesting.
Speaker 1: And Nicole Kidman and Nicole Kidman, they all went the same length of time and they usually get a kid or two out of it and move on, Well, go live their life.
Speaker 2: Love is real, everybody.
Speaker 1: Love is real on the movie screen. It is. It's just behind the scenes. And I think even Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie might get divorced this year, still going on, but they the reports lately have been are we going to finally.
Speaker 2: Come to his new girlfriend?
Speaker 1: Yeah, George Clooney and them all. They had a little double date with George and uh brow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've known for several months that Brad Pitt was dating this new woman. They've gone official, I need red carpet appearance at the Venice Film Festival and yeah, so it's a fish and they looked very chic and one of those beautiful I don't know what you call them, but those wooden Venice boats with George.
Speaker 2: And them all for their new movie Wolfs.
Speaker 3: And it's kind of wild that we are at the point of a new official red carpet relationship, but Brad.
Speaker 2: Is still not divorced from Angelina.
Speaker 1: It's someday, well, twenty twenty five. That's we're gonna hope, hope, some and dreams for twenty twenty five. To wrap that up, Elsie, we got to wrap this up because we get a pack because we are heading to Los Angeles, because you know where love is real at the wedding We're going to this weekend. It's going to be a beautiful weekend. You will see definitely some fun social media content because we have a lot of friends old and new that will be there and I'm looking forward to seeing everybody and introducing you to some of these people because this kind of predates you in us together. A lot of these old relationships go back ten, fifteen, twenty years, so I'm excited for you to meet some of these people.
Speaker 2: Maybe here's some stories about you.
Speaker 1: And you'll definitely hear some stories about a young host who is just helping people find love. Thank you so much for being with us, Elsie. I'm glad you're back because I can only take so much more World War two content. It's great to talk to everybody again, and we will do it again soon because we have a lot more to talk about. Thanks for listening. Follow us on Instagram at the most dramatic pod ever, and make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. I'll talk to you next time.