Speaker 1: You asked, you demanded, and we sometimes.
Speaker 2: Listen sometimes sometimes Hey, it's Brooke and Jeffrey and you found the Second Day podcast.
Speaker 1: We're trying out video with our podcasts.
Speaker 2: Okay, so now for the first time, you can see a second Date update.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you see it.
Speaker 2: We've got it up right now on our YouTube page. It is one from last week. Yes, it took us a little while to edit the video to go with the audio, and you know, we're working on it.
Speaker 1: It's a process.
Speaker 2: It's a process with us through the process. So if you want to watch a second Date update, you can today on our YouTube page.
Speaker 1: Just go to again Brook and Jeffrey. So there you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll be curious to see what people think in the comments of it.
Speaker 1: Maybe we'll have this one two weeks from now. Yeah, yeah, you know, Yeah, we'll get there. You'll have to keep checking. Yeah, you'll get there.
Speaker 2: And you know, if your comments are only about how disappointed in what we look like you yeah you are, then that's okay too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we expect it exactly.
Speaker 2: But for now, let's get to a brand new awkward Tuesday phone call. Uh, it's gonna start here.
Speaker 1: We go.
Speaker 3: Some things take every ounce of willpower not to do Oh, yes, don't make a joke while you're in the middle of an adult circumcision.
Speaker 4: Don't make him laugh. Don't do it.
Speaker 1: That's a good point. You don't want anyone's shaken.
Speaker 4: Did it again.
Speaker 3: Too, We'll try again next Wednesday. But maybe even harder than that is finding the willpower to not text your X back after a messy breakup.
Speaker 4: Don't do it well.
Speaker 3: One of our listeners was able to hold off for a long long time, but today he doesn't want to text her. He wants to call her, and you're gonna find out why. What changed his mind in your brand new awkward Tuesday phone call?
Speaker 1: Next, It's awkward, It's Tuesday.
Speaker 5: It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 4: You know what phrase you never hear?
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 3: Jeff I just had a great breakup with my girlfriend.
Speaker 4: It's Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: No, Usually those are pretty messy, pretty complicated, little sexy you maybe one last hurrah, but for the most part not great. Yeah, but one of our listeners, Cash says he achieved it, maybe not right when it first happened, but shortly afterwards with the help of his friends.
Speaker 4: Oh and somehow that has led to a whole nother issue and he needs our help. We're gonna find out about it right now.
Speaker 1: Why are we going to mess with a good thing? Just leave it alone.
Speaker 3: It ended well, Apparently it's not so well anymore.
Speaker 4: Cash, Welcome to the show man.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Oh you're getting messy for you, bro.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you could say that we are.
Speaker 2: We blaming the friends at this point?
Speaker 1: Or where are we at?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: What happened with you in your ex girlfriend?
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was dating a girl for a long time, and.
Speaker 1: Define long time for us.
Speaker 5: Sorry, you know, over the course of like a year or two they broke up.
Speaker 1: Or it's one of those we were on that we're off.
Speaker 4: Off you know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was like that type of thing.
Speaker 3: Okay, So that was it was on again, off again for you said a year or two.
Speaker 5: Yeah, mostly multiple years, I think, on and off again, you know. And about four months ago, she got really mad one night and just dumped me.
Speaker 4: That's the spicy side of her. But you like that.
Speaker 2: It sounds like that's a rollercoaster. You definitely knew you were on She.
Speaker 5: Got spicy for sure. A couple of weeks later, she texted me again.
Speaker 6: I think she's sorry. Coming up and talk back.
Speaker 7: To the sweet side didn't work out.
Speaker 1: So did you guys get back together?
Speaker 5: Well, my friends were like, dude, you can't fall back into it. You gotta just ignore her cold turkey, don't text back, you know. And it was tough, but I didn't. I stayed strong and well you.
Speaker 1: Just left her on red.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: I mean it's honestly probably the healthiest thing. Like, yeah, those up and down relationships are we've all been in them before about.
Speaker 3: And if anything, it's only going to make her think that you're even sexier watch you more.
Speaker 5: Right. But over the next few months, you know, she texted me every so often, like saying nice things, trying to lure me in, and my friends would kind of remind me, like, don't respond, don't do it. Yeah, okay, sometimes they take my phone for the night just to make sure I didn't text her back.
Speaker 4: I started drinking a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got to change your name and your phone to do not reply.
Speaker 3: You're right, so clearly the temptation was still there for you and you needed some help with like an intervention to make sure it was stopped.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was hard not to fall back in the same kind of toxic pattern. And about a month ago, she texted me telling me that her grandmother just died. And I had met her grandmother a few times. I knew she wasn't in great health. But my friends were saying, you know, don't fall for it.
Speaker 6: She's baiting you. Don't take back.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, that's hard man. Yeah, I could or could not be Yeah, totally Brook.
Speaker 3: How would you feel if you texted one of your exes that knew your grandma and they never responded back.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: One time an ex texted me after a family thing, and it felt so good to write who's this, I don't have your number, saying.
Speaker 1: I really didn't have his number, saying you were I didn't really know who it was. And then when he went back, I went, oh, well that was still doesn't ring up.
Speaker 3: So after that message about her grandma, how many more did she send you?
Speaker 5: Yeah, she didn't send me anymore after that. That was the last time I heard from her.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think that means that she may really have needed somebody in that moment.
Speaker 1: Are you sure she actually passed away that?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 1: Did you stop her socials?
Speaker 2: Like you checked the newspaper obituary.
Speaker 5: I didn't, but I mean, I'm pretty sure it happened, Like I don't think she would lie about it, And like I said, she wasn't like really bad help.
Speaker 2: So are you feeling like regret that you didn't support her when.
Speaker 4: She needed it?
Speaker 6: Absolutely?
Speaker 5: I felt bad in the moment, like it was really hard, But even like three or four weeks later, I feel even worse because that I was with her for two years. You know, we were really close.
Speaker 2: Yes, So what are you needing our help with in that situation?
Speaker 5: Well, I feel like now I've had enough time where I'm ready to talk to her and maybe we can be friends.
Speaker 4: That's really good.
Speaker 3: Right after you cold shouldered her about her grandma passing, now you're in a good spot to be friends.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think, like you know, after a certain amount of time, it becomes healthier to kind of talk again.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but it's just awkward.
Speaker 5: It's just like finding the way to break the ice is the problem, right.
Speaker 2: Because you want to go back and still have those boundaries that you're not going to get back together, but you also want to be there for her as someone who cares for her.
Speaker 5: I mean kind of you know, I do really, I do really want to bear friend and it's been a while and you know I do miss her.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we may be getting back on the ride.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I think that's our challenge.
Speaker 3: Just how do we have this conversation without getting him back onto the ride?
Speaker 1: Bro do sound like he's totally off every sure he doesn't want to back on the ride?
Speaker 3: He's saying he doesn't kind of, Well, the brain is saying no, who knows what his heart is saying.
Speaker 4: Kiss his friends, right, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: Well, let's see what advice we can come up with for you when we come back. Give you our advice and let you call your ex girlfriend to say sorry I didn't respond when your grandma passed away.
Speaker 4: But we cool now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but when you say it, it's going to be flawless. Absolutely During your awkward Tuesday phone call right after this, it's awkward.
Speaker 4: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 6: It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 3: Let me try to quickly recap this so we can get to your awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 4: It's Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: But a listener of ours named Cash reached out to us, and I don't think we've ever done a call quite like this before, because he dated a young woman named Amber for a few years on and off. She dumped him, and his buddy suggested that he go cold turkey. Yeah, doesn't respond to her texts, no calling her at night, zero contact.
Speaker 2: They'd been in that up and down cycle of breaking up getting back together.
Speaker 1: For a long time.
Speaker 3: Up and guess what, she reached out to him more than once. Yeah, and he stayed strong until one night when she sent a text saying, Hey, my grandma just passed.
Speaker 1: Away, a grandma that he knew too.
Speaker 4: And what did Cash do? Nothing like he was supposed to. And that was a.
Speaker 3: Month ago, and now he's looking back pretty regretful about not being there for her in her time of need and cash it definitely sounds like you do miss her and you want to mend this friendship while still leaving the door open to the possibility of maybe more.
Speaker 4: Is that right?
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess never say never, which is exactly what your friends don't want you to say.
Speaker 3: But okay, but justin Bieber wants you to say that, So that's good, Brook. How do you recommend he accomplished that through this phone call?
Speaker 1: What do you think think I have.
Speaker 2: I think you need to realize, Cash, is that you left her.
Speaker 1: On read after she texted you when she needed you.
Speaker 4: Like you were supposed to good so we knew.
Speaker 2: I mean, honestly, this call is going to come off like you're the one calling for a booty call. Oh you know what I'm saying, Like you only call her when you need something, not when she needs something.
Speaker 6: I didn't think of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So to save you from looking like a terrible person, I think you need to maybe say, hey, did you get the flowers?
Speaker 1: Well he never says I sent him, but like, did you get the flowers? Like, maybe let her just assume.
Speaker 3: What do you think about that, Cash? Imply that flowers were setting implied.
Speaker 5: I mean, I guess that's one way to do it.
Speaker 4: It's not the worst idea I've ever heard, Jose What do you think?
Speaker 7: Well, it does look bad that you didn't respond to her for thirty days, all right, So that's why I think you need to say something along the lines of I've been so broken up over this, over your grandma passing away. Oh, you're now finally emotionally available to make this phone.
Speaker 1: It was harder on you that it wasn't her grandma right, won't make her mad at all.
Speaker 3: Come on, so you've got two pieces of advice to mediocre lies that you can toss her away. I mean, you're the one who dug this hole for yourself, so we're giving you a ladder to maybe climb out.
Speaker 5: You're right, that's what you mean.
Speaker 1: I'm ready.
Speaker 4: He doesn't sound very mentally athletic. Let's get ready to lie to your ex girlfriend. I'm doing your number right now. Let's go.
Speaker 6: Hello, Hey, Cash.
Speaker 8: Why are you calling?
Speaker 6: WHOA? It's oh, I know how long it's been, right, So I just I guess I kind of felt bad about how things ended.
Speaker 5: And okay it wasn't in a really great face, but I just feel like neither was I.
Speaker 8: So that's not an excuse. But okay, you can keep talking at any time. I had nothing to say.
Speaker 6: I mean, you seem angry, so I'm trying. I'm doing my best.
Speaker 8: Okay, if you have nothing to say, then I'll ask a question. How come I haven't heard from you for months? And I was texting you and you never responded ever?
Speaker 5: Because I what in a good place, I didn't Yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Said that already.
Speaker 8: Neither would I come up with a better excuse.
Speaker 5: You can listen, I can explain it to you.
Speaker 8: You're talking, Well.
Speaker 6: That's not the first time you said that to me.
Speaker 5: I am aware.
Speaker 8: I also have a memory of our relationship, no matter how long.
Speaker 5: If you have a memory, then you know that it was. Basically, we're in a toxic cycle of the same both over and over again. So me not responding to you was an effort to break that.
Speaker 8: Why are you calling me now?
Speaker 6: What's the point? Why are you calling me now? Because I feel bad.
Speaker 5: About the way things. I feel bad about not responding when your grandmother died, I just felt like I couldn't at that point, and it took me along the process thirty days.
Speaker 8: It took you a while to process my grandmother.
Speaker 6: Okay, So how is this funeral.
Speaker 8: Funny? Thing about the whole situation?
Speaker 6: There's something funny about that situation?
Speaker 8: Well, I mean you're asking how the funeral is was, and I'm telling you that when I sent that text, I thought she was gonna die.
Speaker 6: That night, but she didn't wait what.
Speaker 8: She you know, pulled through, so there wasn't a funeral.
Speaker 6: She's still alive. Your grandmother dying, but.
Speaker 8: She looked like she was almost dead.
Speaker 5: Your grandmother always looked like she was almost dead.
Speaker 4: Amber, Amber, can you I'm so.
Speaker 6: Who is that?
Speaker 8: Who's on this call?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. Yes, we're doing a segment here. It's called the Awkward Tuesday phone Call because you're.
Speaker 8: He called me on a radio show.
Speaker 2: Dude, it has been eating him up that he didn't respond after that.
Speaker 8: Grandma te Yeah, I'm sure, I'm sure it has.
Speaker 1: Okay, do not believe that.
Speaker 5: No, I don't call your grandmother die. I didn't lie.
Speaker 8: I genuinely thought she was going to die, But then you never responded, So why would I update you?
Speaker 4: I mean, I feel like there's good points on both sides.
Speaker 1: Why would you respond to your own text?
Speaker 5: So never mind, why would you produce somebody dead before they're dead?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 8: My mom told me she was about to die that night.
Speaker 6: And are you a prea?
Speaker 1: What does that have to do with anything?
Speaker 5: A pried?
Speaker 3: Okay, I understand that this situation wasn't handled the best way, maybe maybe on either side, But to me, there's a lot of history. There obviously a lot of fire in chemistry and we're trying to get back to before the break in communication.
Speaker 5: When we broke up something you don't know. My friends told me to go cold Turkey and not talk to you.
Speaker 8: What why would they even get involved?
Speaker 5: Well, because I think they saw the cycle that I was talking about.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but normally there's a conversation when a friendship ends, or anything ends, normally a conversationship.
Speaker 6: Remember, you broke up with me, right.
Speaker 8: But you could have responded.
Speaker 4: He wanted to respond, but his friends wouldn't let him.
Speaker 1: That doesn't sound good.
Speaker 8: Okay, so you only do what your friends tell you.
Speaker 4: What I just said, argument with each other.
Speaker 6: It wasn't just my friend, it was obvious.
Speaker 8: My god, So who else have you talked to about us?
Speaker 4: You know what? I think what you need to do, Cash is just tell her what you want.
Speaker 1: And moving forward?
Speaker 4: Going forward? What do you want to get in the future.
Speaker 5: Well, I was hoping despite all of this fake deaths, we should maybe go back to having some kind of friendship because I have missed you.
Speaker 4: The aw button My bad.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're running out of time for our segment here, Amber, so I don't want to rush you into this, But what.
Speaker 8: Do you think honestly, right now, I don't think I want to be your friend at the moment.
Speaker 6: I don't think I want it anymore, So.
Speaker 3: Boundary, Well, cash, call us back in two weeks and we can try this all over again.
Speaker 4: I'm sure it'll go better.
Speaker 5: Noah, let me know when your grandmother really has.
Speaker 6: That.
Speaker 3: Oh sorry, brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: You know they're hooking up tonight, right, there's no way.
Speaker 3: That's the type of couple that can't stay together but can't stay away from each other.
Speaker 1: You know, I really heard in her voice that she wants nothing.
Speaker 2: To do with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not gonna lie, Jeff.
Speaker 3: I agree with jeff I heard the same thing in her voice, but in her body.
Speaker 4: That's a totally different story. I'm telling you, Bro's.
Speaker 1: On this one.
Speaker 3: That's the fue that I got during the call.
Speaker 4: A lot of fireworks. They are both good and bad.
Speaker 2: Clearly, see I got her just railroading him, just running a moment.
Speaker 4: He would love to be rail roaded, Gante.
Speaker 3: They definitely wanted to step back and process what just happened. My money is on them processing it together close off.
Speaker 1: No way.
Speaker 4: This makes me want to call him in like a week and be like, Okay, guys, let.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think we're ever going to get an update because I don't think they're ever going to talk again.
Speaker 1: That's my money. That's bad.
Speaker 4: That's too bad.
Speaker 3: But you know what, if you want to do some processing, you can go process the content on our podcast.
Speaker 4: A lot of good stuff on there. Good segue you find us at Brook and Jeffrey. Listen, close off if you want. We don't