Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, last hour, day two of the Dan Patrick Patrick. Hope you had a happy President's Day yesterday. It's good to be here in for DP, Covino and Rich Monday through Friday five to seven on the East, two to four out here on the West side. Did you do your annual President's Day tradition? We just entered the bedroom with only a top hat on and say with the girlfriend say of course, yes, yeah, I mean I was a little sleepy when I did it, but yes, So welcome to the showgram COO and Rich the world famous at Covino and Rich, at Steve Covino at Rich Davis. We got Danny g super producing on the phones on standby waiting just to say hi. Eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox. He'll be taking your phone calls for Shack Diesel Trivia. We're giving away prizes multiple choice questions. We do that every Tuesday. And Iowa Sam on the Glockenspiel Cypress Hill Style YouTube dot com, at Covino and Rich FSR you can see us live right now. YouTube dot com. Slash at Covino and Rich FSR. You can also talk Smack with Warren, Rambo and Bob and who else is here right now? Wes and Daniel and after show but later and Mercerman. A lot of people chiming in live on YouTube as we speak. So I'm Steve Covino. That is Rich Davis, and again we appreciate you hanging out with us. It's Michael Jordan's birthday, sixty three years old. Wow. And before we play our games and wrap up this show, we want to say that Mike Mike, I called Mike you Jordan. Yeah, Mike was a guy. I said this earlier. I don't want to be like Mike, right. He transcended not only the game, but he transcended allegiance alliance to any team. If you go up on the East Coast, you're a Knicks fan, you are still a Michael Jordan fan until they played the Knicks, and then you're like, yeah, of course, but you were still rocking the Jordan's. You still had his poster, You probably had his video games remembers. Wasn't it Jordan Versus Bird? Wasn't that a Nintendo game? I never felt like that was the rivalry that midsense. Yeah, it was a weird matchup. But yeah, Michael Jordan, you're a Jordan fan because you're a fan of greatness. Yew one of those few guys that you don't need to be a fan of the team. There's only a few of those throughout the year, Ipee Junior, Bo Jackson, Steph Curry. You could argue o'tani. Now there's people that just love o'tona. Absolutely. I think there's a it's a small handful of people that it didn't matter what team they played for. You rooted for him. And Michael Jordan is probably the league leader of that sixty three years old today and we bring that up because he had a great weekend Daytona five hundred, his team wins, Tyler Reddick. They're all celebraton and the story is good. I'd like you to explain the story without because that's all I was doing before, which you're like, oh, you're making a film perverted are you making? I was describing what the story was because she said little boy. Where's the where's the controversy in saying that? I think when you say little boy, little boy, I think little boys is just a really weird phrase about a little kid. What is the difference you bonehead Michael Jordan. He's got some weird social media backlash because Reddick's kid. They're celebrating. There's it's rainy, there's gatorade being poured. People are you know, people are partying and celebrating. It looks like it does look weird, like what is Michael Jordan? What is he doing? That's what I said interesting. It looked interesting because it was like he was is he grab it at the kids? But is he grab it at the kid's leg? What is doing at first glance? It's one of those weird illusions like if you think in your head, if you think in your head, he's grabbing little cheeks right now, that's what you see. But if you think in your head, now he's shaking the kid, the rain off the kid, champagne off the kid's shirt or whatever.
Speaker 3: And that's exactly what we said yesterday morning. You said he was trying to get the water off the kids. And it's actually there's an update.
Speaker 2: It's like what you uh, remember that clip from like a decade to go green needle, Green needle, brainstorm? Whatever you wanted to hear, you heard. It's like what color is the dress? Whatever you want to hereen needle. You never heard that, saim. What's so? What's the the two things grilling the needle? There was a there was a weird little entraption, right, and the guy would play it and you hear brainstorm, brainstorm. But if you think green needle, you hear green needle. You never heard this green needle? Ny G, I'm being serious. Can you try to pull up on the computer green needle of brains? I know the dress thing? Is it gold?
Speaker 4: I know?
Speaker 2: My point in bringing that up is it's one of those adventure games, like whatever you choose to see is kind of what you saidisposed. And for all the people that made some comment on social media that Michael Jordan did something creepy, you deserve Michael Jordan deserves a little I'm sorry from you because he's close to the family. And now it appears as though the kid had ice down the back of his shirt, right, the kid got ice in his shirt and Michael Jordan's trying to like help the kid get the ice out of his shirt, and then the ice is dripping. Of course, that has been Honestly, the movement of what's going on. The ice really explains what's going on. A lot more to me because it looks like he's trying to shake ice off the kid or out of the back shirt, and that makes a lot more sense to me. And you're like, oh yeah, And for the record, all we did was speculate yesterday and we explained too. It's a shame that you can't, you know, be nice to a little kid without people questioning your intentions. We're saying, how anyone that made it seem like it was something creepy, that's you project that's you projecting your own weird creepiness. Because the reality is if you got little kids in your life, nephew's, nieces, your own kids, you look at that, you're like, yeah, what is he he's horsing around or what is he getting ice off the kid. It's sad because not everyone's a creepo and here he is close to the family having fun with the kid. And there was speculation in fact that TMZ reported this. They should be embarrassed to themselves embarrassing. So the update is not only shaking I don't know, rain or champagne or whatever, it's ice. And that makes a lot more sense when you when you look at it and it's a shame that he even has to sort of defend what's going on, even though he hasn't commented, but people are explaining and he'll never comment because he doesn't have to. But it's it's it's sad that people lean creepy, like where's your head that you think that's creepy? So on Michael Jordan's birthday, for all the joy he brought you and kids all over the world, it would like to be like, Mike, if you thought that even a little bit. Yeah, I mean, I'm sure you have the kid's great intentions in mind, and that's nice and all, but some of us, oh Michael Jordan and apologize. I think so the congratulations on the Daytona five hundred, it was a shame that it was even brought up a little bit because he had a really great weekend. Now I told you I had a birthday hypothetical for you. But Danny g did you find green needle or brainstorm? Brainstorm played for Sam, but play for everyone. This is a thing for like a decade ago. Whatever you want to hear, you hear and it's we're not playing a trick on you. This is true. It's one of those weird auditory order? Is it auditory? The word? Maybe?
Speaker 5: All right, take a listen, well, only here the word you are read it. You will only hear the word you are reading.
Speaker 2: A green needle or brainstorm, green needle. I guess really, I heard brainstorm. Listen one more time. Now think brainstorm. It's real fuzzy, I know, but take now he now think brainstorm. Sam.
Speaker 5: You will only hear the word you are reading.
Speaker 2: And then if you listen, don't like that that was from a decade ago. Suppresily, if you want to see him grab some some some booty, that's what you say. If you want to see him shaking some ice out of a kid's shirt, you see that, and that's what's going on, apparently, And it makes more sense, doesn't it. It's a big stage, and it's Michael Jordan. It's the twenty twenty six brainstorm or green needle. All right, No, it's Michael Jordan's birthday. I'm gonna give you something. I'm gonna give you some folks, and I want you to tell me this is the power ranking. This is because today, I because every day you know when you and I, like I said, when we're doing our little research for the show. You know, you click on all these websites and all these feeds on social media, and it's like, who's celebrating a birthday today? And I saw that it was Michael Jordan's birthday, And usually there's Slim Pickens. It's like, you know that dude from the show that that show you watch. Oh, today's celebrity is like a bunch of random influencers you never heard of, you know that TikToker. Today just happens to be a ton of celebrity birthdays. And I'm curious which of these people you think have the biggest impact today. It's Michael Jordan's birthday. Okay, He's number one. I doubt anyone's gonna have a bigger impact. Harris Hilton Definitely not her. And that's not a dis I'm just saying cheering, Okay, Billy Joe Armstrong of Green Day, hold on man, okay, Joseph Gordon Levitt and Jerry O'Connell. Besides Michael Jordan, you think this is my person? Do I have to be realistic or my personal? Do you can get both? Besides Michael Jordan, did you say Green Day or Green Needle Brain story? Okay? I got it easy. Who has the biggest cultural impact other? Can I be Spider Harrison of serious six M hits one? Yeah, go ahead, please don't, I'll give you my countdown. Coming in at number six. Number six would be Joseph Gordon Levin Okay, not a JG's l fan. I mean, we've mad him, We've interviewed him. The nice dude. What was that movie he did with Tony Danza? Anyway, he was my son? Oh oh, angels in the airfield. No, no, that they wearing wife beaters. Yeah there was another one, but yeah, anyway, that's a good one on the other one.
Speaker 6: Then coming in at number five would be Paris Hill in why I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, number five, that's fair so far I fail like I'm with you.
Speaker 6: Coming in at number four, Jerry O'Connell, Happy birthday, right now?
Speaker 2: Here's what right now? I'm I'm glad you say this because wait, who are you missing? That's four?
Speaker 4: Who oh? Yeah? Three?
Speaker 2: Two? Okay, three and two are interesting. I'm curious if you think Ed Sheeran or green Day's bigger. Okay. In the style of Spider Harrison countdown, Guru coming in at number three would be Ed Sheering, Starve, Game of Thrones number two, Green Day, everybody remembers Douchie in their impact.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's true, and coming in number one Michael Jordan, So that's fair.
Speaker 2: Now, personally, I think Jerry O'Connell is above Paris Hilton because I like Jerry O'Connell. He's a great, great Day and really good dudes in Hollywood. We've met him many times. Shout out to Jerry O'Connell and happy Birthday. I really like him. Paris Hilton probably unfortunately had bigger cultural impact, probably in recent history anyway, but that would be the only switch up. But I guess the debate you're saying here is who's bigger, Green Day or shearing Man. I'm going green Day, I even though I mean that's I like it Sheering a lot. I mean he's super talented guy. And I'm biased because my daughter, her favorite artist is at Cheering, And I'll be honest of today's current like mainstream acts, I'd probably more likely see Ed Sheeran in a an more than anyone else. I'm a huge fan, but I can't deny Green Day's Dukie album, American Idiot, everything they did along the way. I was just listening to the day. It was pretty iconic, but at cheering. Man. I have a playlist that I call false set tunes. I made a playlist, Sam, you would love it false satunes. All people sinking that false false set. Oh you have to have some Michael McDonald on there. Oh yeah, there a little Adam Lvian Moroon for some Maroon five. There's some Jamara Kuhi. There's some Fiangelo falseetition in there. The darkness is yeah, and uh the song I Need You Love and come on that man, No, that's called sing Yes sing. So I was just listening to that recent I'm like, what a share you guys think? And sharing though right now is bigger than Green Now. Yeah, but the last ten fifteen years, I mean now means nothing. Listen. He sells out like Staatey Legacy wise.
Speaker 6: Green Day. He's been doing it since the nineties. Dude, So Green Day, they're massive Green Day.
Speaker 2: Can I give you, guys pop quiz going back to Jerry O'Connell, Yeah, or here we go pop quiz hot shot when he played vern and stand by Me? What flavor of pez was his favorite that he could eat for the rest of his life. Man, that's a really tough one. I just watched this not too long ago. Grape no strawberry, No, No, I don't cherry pitt cherry flavored pizziz cherry flavored pez be no brought up stem by me recently, and I it dawned on me that, like, I think, I watched a movie once when I was younger and haven't watched it a second time. So no, because it still holds up. I couldn't believe it. Because when you watch things now, look, I have a younger girlfriend, whoa okay, Michael Jordan, I'm kidding, okay, I'm Belichick. Belichick, all right, Tom Brady, No Belichick, No Belichick. And when you watch things through their eyes, or even your kid's eyes, right, you certain things just look old. They don't stand the test of time. And for some reason, even pulled her and she loved it and we watched it and it was really good. Still I hadn't seen it in a long time. So well, he came up with Rob Reiner's passing because he checked that movie. Yeah, that's why, and it was there. It was on my mind and I watched it and I was like, wow, man, that was good. I hadn't seen it in a minute. Props to Jerry O'Connell. So that's my power ranking. No one's topping Michael Jordan's. I was in most categories. I was having that debate with my buddy bab Check who works at Serious XM Mad Dog, and he's my buddy too. Did you like Babcheck? What do you think? I don't like bab Check since one a cheer in her. Green Day is a great debate because it really is you got to decide who's a huge star right now versus someone whose albums meant so much to you because you were If you were, like I said, if you're around our age, Danny, you're a hip hop guy. But I guarantee you knew the Dookie album with all those hits.
Speaker 4: Oh of course.
Speaker 3: I've saw Green Day play an acoustic Christmas for k rock Back.
Speaker 2: You want to hear something really corny. This is the truth. At their height, saw them live, and honestly, at the time, that was the closest thing to like beatles Mania that I've ever seen in my life because they were so big and everybody loved Green Day Like I saw them at their peak. I was in college at their peak. Their prime of the Duchy era, and it was the close I'm not saying by any means they're the Beatles, That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that was the closest thing to like Pandemonium that I've seen at a show.
Speaker 3: Did you see the smile on Tom Brady and Drew Brees's face when they were on that stage with Green Day opening up?
Speaker 2: Super Even backstage you see them pelling around with Mike Dart and all the dudes, and they were like they were like little kids meeting their hero. Doesn't that make perfect sense to you, guys, because you're talking about quarterbacks that are in their mid to late forties. How old were they when green Day was slain in the early nineties. That's their lair. I don't care now more. I mean she she never do you have the time? It was a no Skipperoo It was a start to finish classics. Keino's right. I'm not a big album guy. Every song is good on I'm more of a skip a lot of songs. Play me the songs I know, but green Day Dookie is a He's right, I'll use his phrase. It's a no SKIPPERO classic. There's no skippy and there's no Uh, you're right. The cover art. I feel like the cartoon had that poster in their college the T shirt. But green Day legendary. But so I pin them above Sharon. You know, it's it's a deeper question. It's like a like Sam said, Sharon's bigger now, but when you deal the full on legacy, like who's more memo, Who's who's bigger? I think it's Green Day. It's like I'll give you an example, like Bruce Buffer may be the greatest Buffer now, but Michael buffers the legend right, So Bruce Buffer UFC announcer, Yeah, right now, it is he's the guy, but he's not bigger than Michael Mepher. But I will say though again, no, Shearon is is huge, I mean now, but I don't think he's bigger Green Day. I may be a little jaded because I said my daughter's favorite jaded another good Green Day song. My daughter's favorite musician is at Cheeron and I'm a big fan of that. I've seen him in concert. I saw him at a small stage event with serious exam. I know he's done some of those. iHeart small theater things. What he does with like that looping pedal. What he does on stage by himself is honestly is majestic, Like it is unbelievable what Ed Sheeron could do. And if you haven't seen his one hour special on Netflix where he walks around New York City and it's one hour of a continuous shot where he just gets into a cab, you know, goes through the New York City high Line and he's just super talented. No, I'm not trying to take away from that dude at all. I'm just saying Green Day's been doing it for so long. They're more in legendary category. Yeah, and cheering is great. So Michael Jordan, Happy Birthday. We're here to defend you. And depending on how you think and what you want to see, is what you see. In regards to the s snag, pinch, pinch, there you go. That sounds a little pinchy, little back, but a little pinch all right. Hey, we got more Camino on retch and your thoughts on you know, if you want to chime in, is Green Day the big star? I mean they did the Super Bowl pre show thing, right, that was a big deal. They could do a halftime easily. Yeah, but I think that Cheron could too. Yeah, like I said, not trying to take away from him when you're telling me to rank him. Two things could be true. They could both be great. They could both be great. All right, Now we have more cn R next down, If you want to play Shack Diesel Trivia multiple Choice, it's a lot of fun. Yeah, it's not that hard, but we're giving away a Cavino and Rich prize pack of koozies and mini footballs and everything else.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna do it a little different this morning too. Oh yeah, there's no Big Mike Spotty. I hope he's resting well. He had surgery so he's running the cameras from home remotely. Yeah, So we don't have him in here to play the game either. So I'm gonna take two contestants. Nice you a party line from hell for this game.
Speaker 2: We gotta win them over one at a time, double doozy. So if you want to play Shack Diesel Trivia eight seven seven nine nine on Fox eight seven seven nine nine on Fox, will do that. Next little NBA Trivia get us fired up for the second half of the NBA season. Sounds good to me. More Coven On rich In for Dan Patrick.
Speaker 1: Next, be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app. Fox Sports Radio is taking over YouTube and you can be a part of it. Just go to YouTube and search Fox Sports Radio. Hit that subscribe button and smash that notification bell and catch all the videos from your favorite shows. Two Pros and a Cup of Joe, Dan Patrick, Colin Cowherd, Doug Gottlieb Cavino and Rich The Odd Couple with Rob Parker and Kelvin Washington, The Jason Smith Show with Mike Harmon, and The Ben Maller Show Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: On YouTube, Subscribe, hit that thumbs up icon and comment away, Well, it's aggravating, Dukey, It's name the movie Dukey. Come on, Sam, what's that smell? Caddyshak Cukey, No holds barred with guessing Caddy Shake, he goes duty in the pool. Well, Dovino and rich In for Dan Patrick live from the Fox Sports Radio studio, Steve s Day Bon Covino, they call me Bond s Day Bond and that's Rich Davis. Remember True Green, Don't Waste another weekend doing your long care yourself, partner with the official law care treatment provider of the PGA Tour and get a golf course quality lawn the easy way sign up at truegreen dot com. Then sit back and relax. Relax, and a lot of feedback about Green Day. And it does feel weird to know that that music. It's like thirty plus years old lawn to Green Day. It's weird. It's like, you know, we always we always have that analogy in our mind where well, you know, when we watch back to the future. In the A, they went back to the fifties and that felt like such a ridiculous time jump, right, Like the idea that Marty McFly went back to nineteen fifty five fell prehistoric, you know, like a different world. You know, when you do the thirty year jump, it's like us going back to ninety six. You joking. Dookie came out in ninety four four. Yeah, yeah, all right, Uh dany gy someone wanted to talk about Green.
Speaker 4: Day, Cameron in Indiana.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's up? Cam?
Speaker 1: So I tuned in kind of late, but I heard the whole Green Day conversation and that got me off on a side tangents between Green Day and Nickelback. So I was wondering, if you could only choose one who you listen to, I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna choose Green Day, But I think Nickelback gets a bad rep I think they got a ton of hits and Nickelbacks in that category. Could you know, and I've said this, people that we love but people love to hate on. Is the Guy Fietti theory. Yeah, Guy Fiertti's the nicest dude who've ever met. But yet there's people that'll make fun of Guy Fietti, Guy Yeddi out, Fred Durst and Limp Biscuit in there to Dan Cook, Dane Cook, you tell me you didn't like Limp Biscuit at one point everyone turned their back Creed. But yeah, nickel Back is great. I stand by that. And then Chack Krueger gets the last left because every time someone makes fun of nickel Back and you're like, you mean, the band that sold millions and millions of albums, they make hits. What's the cool thing to do not make hits if you're in the music business. So props to them, But I'm choosing green what's your favorite Green Day song? Favorite? She maybe Doom Doom Doogy do doom. I she is my favorite more brain brain stew I don't know I like dude Insomniac's a good album. Time to listen to me? Why also good? All right, hey, let's do this. We do it every Tuesday. We play some trivia and joining us today Whack Diesel. Let's go.
Speaker 1: Whenever we say not to name drop, that means we're about to name drop.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: Not only our CNR friends with Tyson and mahomes hey man, they're also buddies with a big Aristotle.
Speaker 6: What's up this big shot Diesel aka Shatfu aka shack Daddy. Okay, the big Aristotle. Here's what just down from sing our product.
Speaker 1: Time for some basketball trivia.
Speaker 6: Diesel basketball trivia.
Speaker 4: What he said?
Speaker 6: That was the great bat boys now breaking records for REPISSL Radio.
Speaker 1: Shack d so basketball trivia.
Speaker 2: Here we go there.
Speaker 3: That's our security walking our Brooks Shack food into the main studio.
Speaker 6: I love you, I love Green Bay, that you too, h No, I love be fifty twos love Shack, Love Shack Baby Shack.
Speaker 3: Saw that you were in the news yesterday for rolling your candy truck through Beverly.
Speaker 2: Hillhacklicious number one candy Shacklicious.
Speaker 4: Man, how many businesses you got your fingertips.
Speaker 6: At seventy five? Seventy five? Check you o'eo here, good morning, very early for me.
Speaker 3: Very glad you could join us. All right, Hum, a little out of bro Let's meet the contestants. Eleven time winner Rich Davis right over.
Speaker 6: Let's go shack fu fool sniggers. You alwa's bigger than green Dry fool sniggers. Shout out to them fools.
Speaker 4: And shack Daddy.
Speaker 3: We're gonna do something unprecedented, never done before on Shack Food Trivia's gonna take two callers as contestants.
Speaker 6: I'm suppose we don't want just to be boring like the Dunk contos.
Speaker 3: The first people to sleep. Thank you, let your all Star Weekend. Thank you for the loaded lines. By the way, the first two through, Let's start with Nick in Lima, Ohio.
Speaker 4: Nick, say, what's up to shack?
Speaker 2: What's up there?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: And then let's let's conference in. His nickname is Pickles from Santa Barbara, California.
Speaker 2: What's up, Pickles?
Speaker 4: Want to call your Pickles?
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: He absolutely love what's your real. There makes sense. Who will go? Pickles?
Speaker 4: Pickles? All right? Here we go.
Speaker 3: Rules for Shack Diesel trivia. The first contestant with two correct answers is the champion. If there's a tie, we have a tie breaker question. Your name is your buzzer, but you have to wait until all three possible answers are read. If there's two wrong answers in a row, we move on to the next question. Are you ready.
Speaker 6: Love Shack Baby? That's where it's at, all right? This Black History Month? Who is the first African American head coach of the NBA? Was there a Casey Jones b Bill Russell or see many Wilkins.
Speaker 4: It was pickles first.
Speaker 2: Pickles Bill Russell?
Speaker 1: Yes, go.
Speaker 6: And I want to wish everybody happy Shack History Month.
Speaker 4: He only needs one more pickle to win a prize. We go to round two.
Speaker 2: All right, Round two.
Speaker 6: As you know, I love some mascots, just like Rich Chrich loves mascots. What's the name of the OKC thunder mascot? A Benny the Buffalo b Thundercat or see rumble the Bicce Rumblece.
Speaker 1: Nick Nick Thundercat.
Speaker 3: No pickles for the steel pickles for the steel and the wind.
Speaker 4: See rumble the Bison.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sweeps the board, Pickles, just like that. More exciting than the dunk contest Day Pickles, congrats, buddy, can't.
Speaker 1: Take the real quick.
Speaker 2: By the way, Nickelback is even close to green Bay. Yeah, I'm gonna say I like Niggleback, but green Day is in a different league. I think I agree with that.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: What about what about Ed Sheering though, Pickles? You give him props or what.
Speaker 1: I'm a redhead as well, Ginger as well. He more popular now but not popular in the last thirty years.
Speaker 3: Ginger power there, all right, Pickles, hold on the line. We're gonna mail a c in our price pack to Santa Barbara.
Speaker 4: Where's what? That's it?
Speaker 6: Yeah, dude, Okay, reading for thists all the weekend.
Speaker 2: Go back to your candy truck shot. The ratings were high for NBA all start was right? That was right?
Speaker 4: Shack.
Speaker 2: Do you like Pickle? I don't like Vickles. I don't like you either, Jeez. Do you like Shack delicious? Sure? Okay, I'll give you some all. I love Shack. All right, I'm out, thank you for I appreciate you really short game today. Give his chair back. Waste my time. By the way, that is true. NBA All Star weekend that you know got it got a lot of flax slack. What would the word be, flats flack The word cove flack and slacker two different things. Flack is a criticism slack like yeah, slacker.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It turns out it was the most viewed All Star game in fifteen years.
Speaker 2: So you know what, I'm not saying we were wrong. We said that, roberta flack. We did say yesterday it was improved. I just didn't think the numbers would show that. But hey, you know what, good for the NBA. You gotta give props or they do. If you're going to criticize it, be critical. Part of being critical is giving props when they're deserved. And the NBA had what almost ten million people watching, way more than I thought. Dude, dude, look the little man leaving like he wasted his time. Came in all the way for that. He drove into Sherman Oaks for like four minutes. He drove in a candy truck. Did you see he's driving all around La true story out. He's driving around Beverly Hills, Melrose. He's driving a candy truck this week. That's why I stopped by here the Sherman Oaks l A studios giving out Shacklicious candies. And the word on the streets is that they're like top sellers in the candy world. Shacklicious candies for sure? What time? What is it like? Chocolate candy is a really good I've seen them. I think I've seen them out like Walmart. Right, and by the way, the Green Day Nickelback comparison was not that far off according to I don't know Google here or you know what, Danny g why does this computer go to ban? You're right bing cret to bing Chandler bank bing? Are we asking jeeves? What is this? It says Nickelback has sold over fifty million albums right to Green Day seventy five but all the right reasons. Nickelbacks, one of Nickelback's most popular, sold eighteen million copies, and Dookie sold twenty million. So like, they're not that far off when it comes to popularity. If that's correct. How many albums sold, dude, I guess for references. So they sold eighteen million copies of that album, give me that me the total numbers of album according to this is saying Nickelback has sold over fifty and Green Day has sold over seventy five. Well Ed Cheering sold over one hundred and fifty. Wow, Yeah, yeah, that's that's incredible. Damn I just hit you with the EDG cheer and redheaded Thunder. I think naturally globally, ed Cheering is like a big draw. He's a big draw in the United Kingdom. He's a big drawl over the place, you know what I mean. Yeah, I'm a big fan. I'm a little jaded, but hey, look at that little shack Diesel trivia, little music debate having fun here? And for DP, do you how do you not have fun?
Speaker 3: Heng?
Speaker 2: Do you not have fun with that? All right? Little NFL, little baseball, little of everything. We wrap up the show with some deep thoughts here Cavino rich In for Dan Patrick. Don't over promise, bro, I don't know how random Tuesday are you saying? My thoughts are on deep? Not really? How dare you? How dare you? Well? We'll be the judge more Next, cnr In for DP on Fox Sports Radio Hang Time.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's the shekel. It's just candy truck.
Speaker 6: Story of my life.
Speaker 2: Buddy, Dad, you got a dollar? The sheckle is just candy truck?
Speaker 6: Is here?
Speaker 2: I'd buy that for a dollar. You remember when the ice cream man would come, yes, and you'd go running back into the house. You're playing wiffleball or street football. You're run into the house and all of a sudden, your parents can't find a dollar to spare. All you want is a Bubbalo bill. All you want is a fat frog or a Choco taco. And Dad's pretending like he don't have a dollar. Do you mean the triple D the dad deliberate delay? Yeah, where Dad's like, let me, oh, the ice cream truck left? Sorry? Can I offer an ice cream truck hot? Take your ahead. I don't understand how those people drive around all day and listen to like the entertainer or uh throw it over your shoulder, like so they listened to the same song. These trucks are like all busted up and beaten. They look like creeps in there. Can I tell you that's some good humors, sam I'm trying get it pun intended, like all rickety old trucks driving around. Shack was driving around to this song in La. Yes, true giving out shack delicious candy, Sammy. There's a big difference between the East Coast and the West Coast. And one of my only complaints about living on the West Side compared to my childhood in New York ice cream trucks. You go to the crappy out here. You go to Manhattan, you to go, you go to Long Island, New Jersey. Anyway, you hating. We got fruit trucks out here. We got a little fruit stands there, stands with wheels. You can't tell me that pineapple with taheen is replacing my misters soft oh Man was rolling pineappleen se. I do love it. I want the smiley face with the yellow smiley face with the chocolate eyes.
Speaker 4: Is that things that.
Speaker 2: Sounds like a good humor guy, I'm talking mister softy with a soft ice cream cone. There's none of that out here in La I had a drive Danny g to Camillo. Camo Real, California is the only place that has it. Has a mister softy storefront like Carvel. Mister Softsti've had a hankering for some soft ice cream because they don't have soft ice cream out here. It's wildly talk like soft serve, soft serve.
Speaker 4: It's worth the drive that you could hit up the outlets when you get to Camarina.
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, true. The only soft serve out here is like McDonald's, which is trash broke half the time. Yeah, sorry, it's broken. Well, Shaq was riding around like he was the ice cream man, handing out candy all over California. That's why he today. If you missed any of it, got to catch our show Covino Enrich FSR on YouTube, Join the live chat and join us Monday through Friday again from two to four on the West and we're gonna be here tomorrow as well for day three of the Dan Patrick Hatrick the world famous CNR on FSR and for DP again live from the Fox Sports Radio Studios True Green. Don't waste another weekend doing your law care yourself rich partner with the official lawncare treatment provider of the PGA Tour and get a golf course quality lawn the easy way. Sign up at Truegreen dot com. Then sit back and Lamb might have to do that right now, I set a couple of baseball and a couple of football thoughts, some quickie random thoughts before you get out here? Number one? Number one, can you tell me like your problem with the neighborhood dogs going to the bathroom on your lawn? Thank you? I wrote that down. I wasn't even going to add that to my random list. Is it wrong?
Speaker 4: Oh boy?
Speaker 2: I want to put are you putting any freeze on blogoney? No, no, no, I'm not going to kill neighborhood like Sebastian Man of Scalco did well. He said his dad would try to get rid of a local. I see people walking their dog down my block, either on sometimes no leash or like one of those long it's like a string leash that they could read, you know, retract, and the dog that goes on my lawn and man disrespect and in front of me, the dog will wander. I'm not even saying necessarily peeing or something, but the dog will wander on my lawn. And I'm like, my kids play my lawn. I pay a landscaper to take care of my lawn. What makes you think your dog gets your mutt off my lawn. So I'm thinking about putting up fake signs that say deadly chemicals on this lawn, like fake signs, like a little fake out, get your stupid dog off my lawn, man sniffing aroun. I want all the dog lovers out there to know that's Rich Davis that hates your dog. Do you think someone's dogs should go on someone's lawn? They might wander a little bit. No, no, no, the dogs do. It's like say this again, man like dogs bark? What do you want them to do? They're dogs? No, No, there's a there's a package on special. There's a patrick grass in between the sidewalk and the street that I can't control where they're going. Then they might go left, they might go right. Pull to the leash. No that's true. I mean yeah, I have control, Take control your dogs.
Speaker 4: I think Rich wants to choke dogs out.
Speaker 2: So I pay a landscaper and my kids play baseball and football and they're rolling around the grass and the neighborhood dog should be peeing there.
Speaker 4: Sim I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna hurt you. It sounds like you're a pretty fortunate guy to be paying landscapers and having a sweet lawn to be worrying about little doggies going to the bathroom. A lot of people have a landscaper. Could be hell, it's not. They're pretty much. I I'm not a Kardashian. I wouldn't call them landscaper. I put in quotation marks.
Speaker 4: They're they're mow and they blow.
Speaker 2: That's what they do. They blow around dust. I call that Mexican ghostbusters is what I call them. And I'm allow have to say that because he's not Mexican. Yeah, yeah, that's what he was for Halloween one year, a Mexican ghostbuster. He sent him a Proton pack itself. Yeah, I was, but I swear to God for Halloween. So keep your dog off my lawn. I love dogs, but keep your dog up on I think you do, love do That's a fair request.
Speaker 4: All right, Mike Vic. Let's get to the NFL store right next.
Speaker 2: I crossed the dog off the list, chie Vic, bro Richie Vick. Jameis Winston said he wants to play football for another twelve years. Wow, and I'm taking hal now he's thirty two. I believe he's in his early thirties. But here's the thing. Most quarterbacks are play into their forties, start that whole way, and then maybe towards the end it's like, yeah, we get a call to play till forty four. He is, He's thirty two, So the reality is that's not happening. I mean, he may want to. There's a lot of things I want to for him to be on a roster. I mean, the guy's got a personality that unmatchable. He's got morale, his locker room speeches, He's a guy you want in the locker room. But he was like a second third string type of guy this year. You think he can find a team for twelve more years, not a chance.
Speaker 4: And he's going into year twelve.
Speaker 2: And I'm not hating, I'm just stating. I mean, I wish him all the best. In the one, I think he's great. He's saying that as God bless him with an arm and he still got it. So I wish I wish him the best. I like Jamis I next deep thought, These are so not deep man. This is not Jack Handy level. Kenneth Walker the third looks like they're not gonna use the franchise tag he could go by. There's a possibility he goes bye bye. Here's my thought, is it weird morale for the fan base when a star player an MVP moves on the next year. I remember as a Mets fan, Ray Knight left after the eighty six World Series, and I remember being like, oh, that's weird. Pedro left after the Red Sox one and oh four, like when a ben Zoebrist for the Cubs, when a when a star player leaves the team after an MVP, Super Bowl, World Series, NBA performance, is it a weird taste that's left in the fan base's mouth when that star player that just helped you win one that the front off is like, yeah, let them move along.
Speaker 3: Depends were they kind of like a role player or were they a key player on your team? Because the Seahawks do have sharbon A right so that you could argue there a little bit more than half the load.
Speaker 2: You could say giving Kenneth Walker more would be emotional, an emotional move and not a realistic one if you have sharbon A and you're revamping some things. I mean, it happens every year. John Wetlan left the Yankees after ninety six, right after ninety six. Yeah, it's always it's always there's always a few players that don't come back. But I'm saying like, yeah, weird. Yeah, it's like because you just won and you're like, this is the core that won it all, and then someone from that core is like later, Right, it's a weird feeling. So Seattle, I don't feel bad for you. I'm a nine or sand but I'm just saying it's it's crazy to think, like, yo, MVP of the Super Bowl. Piece piece out, cub scout, And my final thought, this is a move of as George Bush would say back in the day, strategery, nu killer, This is a move of strategery. That was actually Will Ferrell playing George Tup's George Bush. All right, he's just a nuclear strategic nuclear Yeah, tell me this, tell me this isn't a strategery move. So about a year ago, there was rumors that the New York Mets were gonna name Francisco Lindor captain. And if you remember, the Mets went from oh my God and Grimace and the most exciting team in baseball, they just ran into the Dodgers, who were better to last year, missing the postseason. And what was the rumor around baseball that the Mets clubhouse was in shambles. No one liked each other, even what had Lindor said the other day. We talked about it yesterday. Lindor said, well, yeah, we don't all need to be friends. That's not what you want to hear. He said, that's not how a clubhouse works. So there's you better figure it out. So there's speculation that you better be the get along gang. While he is my favorite player in the Mets, there's speculation that Lindor is the problem. Yeah, we talked by that briefly on the show. Yes and Francisco Lindor, who's my favorite player. My Sonware is number twelve. If Lindor's the problem, then I call Steve Cohen, the owner, a genius because you know what Steve Cohen said yesterday, as long as I own this team, Yeah, I don't know what you guys were talking about last year. This year, I don't believe in captains. They'll never be a captain of the Mets. And I feel that's like a really slick way of saying I can't make Lindor captain because he might not be the glue. So that fans don't say, why don't they make him captain, What about Sodo? What about this guy by Lindor maybe being the problem and Steve Cohen now saying, oh, no, I don't believe in captains. I think it takes all the heat off of well, why is Lindor not captain? If he's not the problem? I think Steve Cohen strategy at the highest level. I believe in captains. It's a weird response. I don't believe in Bigfoot would make more sense. Again, no, I don't believe in bigfoot. He also said, in reference to the Dodgers, they're formidable. They have the ability to spend. So do I. By the way, so he's talking a lot of smack, But but do you do agree though that if the speculation was who they gonna name Lindor captain? If Lindor is part of the problem with the clubhouse, lindorsho' bring in a box. At captain crunch, he said, what do you think now I'm the captain. Now I'm the captain. Now you don't believe in captains? About captain crunch, I do think it's a great move by Steve Cohen saying, well, we don't do captains here, all right, Listen, We'll see you guys Manyana tomorrow. We're gonna do midweek major and more prizes in for DP Day three of the hat trick, can't wait and anything you want to chime in on. Hey, we're around all day swiping like you are, scrolling, scrolling, scrolling at coviing on Rich at Rich, Daves at Steve Cabino. Until then, baby, see you in the promise. Thank you Dann Patrick, Thank you Dan Nets, Thank you s