Speaker 1: That's what's up.
Speaker 2: Family.
Speaker 1: It's your girl Sami ka Z Mallory, and.
Speaker 3: It's your boy, my son, and we are your.
Speaker 1: Host of street politicians, the place where the streets and politics me. What's my son, Lennon?
Speaker 3: How are you doing?
Speaker 1: I'm very tired today because I'm on vacation again and it's the month of August. It's supposed to be my rejuvenation month to get ready for people coming back in the fall. And I've worked almost I will not say every because that would be exaggeration, but I might as well have been working every day and some days really hard during my vacation, and I'm actually resenting it because it's over.
Speaker 3: I mean, what is really hard? You know? What does that actually mean?
Speaker 1: It means things like I don't want to be doing anything, and then I have to travel somewhere and I got to talk. I don't want to get my makeup done, but I have to so I can travel to the place to do the thing. Then when I get back from the place, I have to do tape a show, do two interviews. Right then. It means Linda calls me and she has no boundary about a vacation, although she tries she really does. But she calls me and says, Okay, we'll talk about it later, but I just want to tell you these sixteen thousand things. It looks like Janice, I'm supposed to be on vacation and she's sitting here trying to say it's a new season and we need to do this, and need to organize this, and this, that and the third. It looks like responding to emails. It's too much like there's no curious vacation.
Speaker 3: Okay, it seems like you had a vacation. But cool.
Speaker 1: Okay, but did you see me work during the time when I was on vacation.
Speaker 4: There was there were there were periodic works. You're hearing it, but we cool.
Speaker 3: I know, I get it.
Speaker 1: You don't even know what a vacation is, so therefore it's you don't you you don't even understand. Then you don't even you really don't know. It's sad for you. Vacation is supposed to mean that for an x amount of days, you just turn off everything and just focus on self care. I've not had that. I've had two days here and in the day he is supposed to be a month. I was supposed to come back in September like.
Speaker 3: Who okay, right, yeah, I don't even know the concept through that. Now.
Speaker 1: The sad part is you don't even really care. See that's that's that's worse than not.
Speaker 3: My life is not set up like that.
Speaker 4: If I, if I, if I have like vacation for a month, everything around me with crumbled.
Speaker 3: It would literally just for I'm just being honest.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 1: But no, no, it's designed to make you feel that way, and it's actually not true. No no, no, no, no, no, no, yes, yes, yes, yes, okay, yeah, I'm telling you. I'm telling you you that is not true. You believe that because it's got anyway, Let's go on to the topics because that's not true. But that's what that the rat race is designed to make you feel that as soon as you step away, even for thirty days, that ever, when you come back, it's going to be like like a disaster. It's not true because there are systems in place, at least at until freedom, where things are still rolling regardless of whether we show up or not.
Speaker 4: That's not But that's why Linda calls you in this in the mode because it ain't rolling, right, shit, don't be rolling like it just be like and sometimes you need a little the role. So if we literally took thirty days off from like the work that we do is not like, it's not it's not of vacation. It's just not it's not realistic.
Speaker 1: We want you to know this as we move on to our topics of the day, that you also will come to me like a back in hell or out of hell, saying we have to I need you to focus on such statistic. But I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: Because sensitive ship that you don't know. It's not like you forgot that.
Speaker 4: It's not because we have an event that we've been trying to plan and now we got to push you back to another month. It was supposed to be in August, now we push you to September. Now we're saying it's gonna be October.
Speaker 1: I don't think it should happen into November. So I'm in I'm definitely not the person you want to talk to November.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 1: I just saying to you that for the next two months, you basically are going to be physically living in Kentucky, dealing with Daniel Cameron, and you talking about doing something major in New York City.
Speaker 3: Let's move on this one day. We could go back one day and do it.
Speaker 1: Not about the going back, it's about this is why I keep having the same art. And I realized that men especially don't always understand this, especially when you work with women who deal with day to day details. Okay, not all men, some men. The details of getting to the day that you're talking about requires the phone to Now we're talking about planning four things at once, which means the phone is ringing now twenty four hours a day because the people for your event want to start calling at ten o'clock at night. The other people it's too much things, It's too much thing. Y'all people are workaholics. Y'all need help. Y'all need to go to a program. And it's a lot of people out here who are listening to this who need to go to a program for work a non I mean work of hot halics. There needs to be therapy specifically designed for movement people, people who are leaders and activists, to learn how to sit down. That's all I have to say. So it's the sixtieth anniversary of the March on Washington, which was another time when people were working themselves to death. But the March happened sixty years ago where doctor King made an incredible, impactful, memorable, forever ever ever speech that people will just never will never forget it. You know, it's always going to be etched in our minds that day when he spoke, in two hundred and fifty thousand people were on the mall in Washington, DC under the tagline of jobs and freedom. They were fighting for jobs and freedom. Sixty years ago, we're still fighting the same fight. They claimed the Biden administration that there's more jobs in the economy than ever before and that this president is going to go down in history for bringing back jobs. I'm not going to say there are no jobs, because if you want a job, there are certain there's jobs. I'm not saying there's not, but the types of jobs that people need to live successfully and to feel free, financially free. I know a lot of people who are looking for those jobs and they are not finding Okay, so you know that there needs to be some conversation about that. However, I will say that you know there's.
Speaker 4: Build because at the end of the day, right like a company can only hire with a certain amount of people, right, Like, what do you do to create jobs.
Speaker 3: That are not there.
Speaker 1: Well, technology is taking away a lot of jobs. So that's what I'm saying that. But that's my point that I'm making that you could go get a job to flip a burger, which is fine. You can get a sanitation job probably right. You could get jobs that It's very rare that they can take make technology take over the entire thing. I mean, they do have some in other countries McDonald's and others that are surviving literally without having maybe one employee to open up. But everything else is technology. But that still a lot of places are still gonna want humans to oversee the.
Speaker 4: Projects because once some because I'm thinking, like what it would be a disaster if you got a completely you know.
Speaker 3: Store ran by computers.
Speaker 1: And today that is, if there isn't one.
Speaker 4: Right like somebody you make it my food and you put the wrong ship and everything to start glitching like that.
Speaker 3: Shit could be a disaster and it could completely.
Speaker 1: I don't think so it probably can. They probably men from wherever they're sitting, they can shut it.
Speaker 3: Down, I hope.
Speaker 1: So you see what I'm saying, because the system. The one thing about technology is that if you tell it cheeseburger, Swiss cheese, tomatoes, mustard. It's going to do exactly that.
Speaker 3: Until until it messes up. Then until it does it.
Speaker 4: Like you think about we computers, like because we we we we intake it in.
Speaker 3: The computer was made by you.
Speaker 4: So the fact that you can go crazy with the computer, the computer can go crazy too.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: You know many times computers that fucked up the glitch in all type of ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you put too much faith for that computer you want.
Speaker 1: No, Oh, it's not because it's going to be less likely to feel Let's just put it that way. But the point is to get back to the original thing that we were discussing, is that the March in nineteen sixty three where doctor King delivered that I Have a Dream speech, the famous I Have a Dream speech was about jobs and freedom, and freedom means so many different things. So obviously during that time they were in the midst of a civil rights battle. They were in the midst of so many different battles, still dealing with or at that time, dealing with police accountability or police brutality, dealing with racism, dealing with white supremacy, all of that. So jobs in freedom, it was like the economic peace, and then all the social justice causes all sort of like mixed up together. And so still today it's a continuation. It's not the end of or even a new beginning, because there is not, there's never been a completion of the things that they were fighting for that they went to the mall by those large numbers four in sixty in sixty, and so here we are commemorating a powerful occasion. And the reason why, one of the reasons why I would say it was extremely powerful is because the diversity of individuals involved in that march too, you know, all those that came together because they were in a real struggle. And through that movement there were winds. You know, there were winds, there were strides made, and so you know, it was a powerful occasion. And here we are again commemorating it. And but one thing I will say that most people don't talk about is that women were not allowed to speak. I believe Mahelia Jackson was the only person on the program, only woman on the program, and she was there as not an entertainer, even though yes she was it was for song, but still she was so much more to the movement. I mean, she was doctor King's friend, you know, she was there, you know, rooting him on from the sideline. So she was the only woman that was on the program. No other woman was allowed to speak. And so you know, I want to give a shout out to Reverend William Barber, who actually is a part of the sixtieth anniversary. He had a program whereas all women speaking, all women you know who are delivering a sort of keynote addresses or put a part of a program just to make sure that women are celebrated. And we really show the progression even with that of how women are in very important leadership roles within a movement. So that's the deal on the sixtieth anniversary. More work to be done, but we must always remember.
Speaker 4: Always remember man, shout out to doctor King. He's one of my you know, he's one of my icons that I have on my wall I look at daily, you know, if you don't know, I have pictures on my walls of.
Speaker 3: Civil rights leaders, activists.
Speaker 4: Who in their mug shots, you know, and and for me, it just shows a lot of our civil rights leaders were criminalized and for nothing act you know, and some of them actually I got I got Malcolm Little's picture here for when he was actually you know, outside, so it's different, you know, variations and you know of different leaders. But just shout out to the march on Washington. You know, it's set up precedence. You know, it inspired a lot of us. You know the speech that doctor King made that day, you know, historical, legendary, and it gave us a lot to look forward to.
Speaker 3: It gave us a lot to aspire to. So I just want to show what a serious cause, serious cause, man, jobs and freedom.
Speaker 4: We still need jobs and freedom. But at the end of the day, we still marching for the same shit. Man, We're still fighting for the same ship. And it's like, I don't know sometimes I don't.
Speaker 1: Know the battle though. The battle is long. The battle for freedom is long. It's not a short And they and and and it took us So what do they say? It took us so many? Uh what it's a it's a certain kind of statement. But the point is that we it took a long time to get to where we are. There's no way that it will be unraveled overnight. Is it a shame? Certainly? Both should we also understand that the system is designed to keep us fighting, and we have to. You can't drop the ball. While there are other people who are trying to carve new paths and new lanes, some people have to be there. It's like it's like if there's a fire in the house, you know, there's a group that comes in just to stop the fire, just to stop the fire. Then they're new clean up people, and then they're folks who think about what do you do in terms of building a new house, tearing it down, rebuilding, remodeling, reshaping. There's also a group of people that come in and try to find housing and care for the people who are displaced because of the fire. So it's so many elements and movements are just the same. And speaking of fires, no pun intended. But the shooting situation, the mass shooting thing, it is on the rise. Again, not to say that it really stopped, because a lot of times we don't hear about mass shootings, especially if one or two people would shot. And of course in our communities every day there are mass shootings where people black folks, brown folks, people who look like us are being shot and or shooting people, and that we classify that in the mass shooting department. However, when we talk about colleges and now the Dollar General, you know, stores, grocery stores, that it is, it is. It is hard wrenching, right, God bless all domestic is domestic terrorism. It's heart wrenching to know that people sending their kids to school are struggling scared because even in the last few hours, we learned that there was an active shooting happening at the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill where one person was shot and it still was active, having checked it to see if more people were shot. And that's just days after the Dollar General shooting, where that shooter, a man with swartzika's on his rifle, went to a college. First, he tried to get on the HBCU campus and when he couldn't get on the campus and he was sent away by a security guard, he continued on to the Dollar General because in his mind that day he was going to kill some blacks, some niggers. As I'm sure they said.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they said that he hates he hates black people, right, and it's.
Speaker 4: Very danger and it's very it's sad, but there are so many people who will argue that racism is not in America. They're literally black people there's literally black people that when you try to tell them and they say, oh, you're race baiting. You know, you're just trying to create something. It's not really that big little problem. There's no racism here, you know, and all this shit, and it's just.
Speaker 3: Like where do y'all be at? Like for real? Like what planet are you from?
Speaker 4: Like I want to go there because I dare shouldn't want to be You think I want to talk about race? You think I want to be around people that hate me and want to kill me. And I got to understand of doing things intentionally to try to, you know, make sure that my life is harder and try to stop me from progressing and stopping my family. And you think I want to be around that shit, Like for what how does it benefit? I don't want to do that. I want to be able to say, Yo, shit is happening. Man, shout out to my guy Jalen Brown. Man, Jaylen Brown. You know he just played in the Big Three. James Brown is the highest paid NBA player right now, like being at the contract and he went paid in qes thing for free. You know what, that's the ship we gotta do. Like I want to see ice cube bro. I call him cute. But at the end of the day, that's what I like.
Speaker 1: People don't know who you're talking about.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Ice ice Cube. You know the Big Three, the Ice qbe has the Big Three. And you know, he's been doing a lot of interviews lately talking about how certain entities are trying to block him from from getting money. And you know they've actually been back during him doing a lot of shit, you know, So that this was big to see James Brown step up and support his brother, you know, and and it's just you know, but.
Speaker 1: Keep that energy across the board. That's what we want to see. That's what we want to see. That's what we like to see.
Speaker 3: Jalen Brown, did he give the hbc US this week?
Speaker 1: Didn't give the hus If people people are doing things.
Speaker 3: It's not like it.
Speaker 4: And I don't like that. We wanted to the negative like that. I don't like it like we want to.
Speaker 1: We want to say, if Dinny and Young Miami go out and they you know, look funny in the face, well no, I'm talking about no, because let me tell you something that's not even good enough. Okay, what you just said is there? That's their fun that's their that's the good ship. Right. They go out and they act bad, the haters they'll either ignore and or slander that. What they love is if they go out somewhere and it looks like she got an attitude, they all over that.
Speaker 3: St st said, man, find you something to do, he said.
Speaker 1: He is. But let me just tell you this, my son. Even if they're not fine, it's.
Speaker 3: Not your badness about that. It's not.
Speaker 1: Impacting your life.
Speaker 4: And it's not like they come and to talk to you about it and they coming forward. They want to give you information about their personal life and you taking it. Now, that's something that if you if you if you make your life public and you come to me about your personal public life and you tell me and I listen, and then I have, you know, my critiques or I have my my judgment of it, then that's something that you're giving me. But y'all judging people life or gossip, and y'all want to be a people life so bad that y'all gossip. It's just stupid man, gossip about the positive niggas is out there showing a million dollar check. Look, I'm giving you gossip about that. That's some shit. That we could gossip about.
Speaker 3: I want to hear that. I want to walk around and.
Speaker 4: Be like, Yo, did you hear some such did this to help this person? You hear they gave money to do this. You hear they opened this like make that the gossip.
Speaker 1: It's just it's it's really unfortunate. Uh, really unfortunate, Like I can't even tell.
Speaker 4: And another shout out to Cam and Mace. Man, they just got I heard they got a twenty million dollar deal for their new podcast. Yes it is what it is. See and these is my brothers, like seeing growing you know in that era, Mace being my close friend can be a friend of mine, and knowing what they went through to see them get back to this level and they was once best friends, and to just see how they reconciled that and they went and got the bag.
Speaker 3: I love it, man, I love it, man.
Speaker 4: That's what I don't that much. That's that's what they said. Twenty minute and they just I heard they Antonio Brown. They signed Antonio Brown.
Speaker 3: But it's gonna be.
Speaker 4: Entertaining, you know, a b gonna go in there and talk crazy, So that's gonna be entertainment. So shout out to them, man, I'm gonna promote positivity.
Speaker 3: People just doing the right thing. I love it. Keep going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well promotion. That brings me to my thought of the day. You know, Trump raised seven point one million dollars after that mugshot photo went viral. He did seven point one million dollars, and it almost makes me feel like unpopular opinion. Just leave him alone, Like, if you can't put him in jail, for sure, please leave him alone. And even if you put him in jail, I'm not sure like that might turn into a thing. It's just basically it's given. Leave Trump alone. Stop talking to him, just leave him alone, just stop.
Speaker 3: Just leave him because I hear you, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It means that they're not gonna do nothing most time. Is he going to jail? Because if not, and all of this is just.
Speaker 3: Because people charge now, so.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, well listen, I'm with the people that have said and I get the difference. I understand that when you are accused of murder, you're accused of of of of calling shots I guess on people and getting them killed, which we don't know that any of that is true. But these are the allegations that they have against young thugs. So I get that. It is very different from saying that he made a phone call, because it's because because I know some people will say, oh, no, Trump is killing people too, because what about January sixth, But that's not the Georgia situation. In Georgia, he is accused of election interference by getting on the phone and calling this guy the other attorney general or not even a state's attorney or state's department, whatever the position is, and trying to get that man to mess up the numbers in his favor right, And then other people got involved. There was intimidation of a woman where some guy would try to go to her house or whatever to try to intimidate her to say that she, you know, that she had committed some type of election fraud. I mean, people went through shit like that. The hearing that Congress did where they allowed the election workers who were harassed by Trump's fans and people fanatics, those people really really seriously went through hell, like their lives were changed forever. They don't want to live at home, They felt nervous. So all of that was terrible. It's terrible. He should be in jail for it, All of them should be in jail for it. However, I can understand what they will say. Well, in this other situation, young thug is accused of all these different things. But yeah, he is just an accused. And how come Trump could get a twenty thousand dollars bail and young thug can't and leave the jail within probably less than an hour.
Speaker 4: Well maybe it's the same reason that the black man that's part of the Rico case can't get a bail.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 1: But it's like, when you say that, is that real? Like is that real? This is why people think we just be talking racist.
Speaker 4: No, they said it, it's on it's sting. They said the man was denied bail. The black man been accused has been denied bail.
Speaker 1: No, I know that, But y'all trying to say it's because he's black.
Speaker 4: I mean, look, he just happened to be black, and he just happened to begin deny bail when everybody else got a bail. So explain to me, make it make sense to me. I want to know what the difference is. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You know, I mean, this is why people don't take y'all seriously. Why what do they say is the reason why he can't get the bill he did.
Speaker 3: I don't know what the reason is.
Speaker 4: Okay, So if you're telling me the top person at the top, your the person who literally was trying to the.
Speaker 1: One who orchestrated the whole ship. Yeah, but what did they sending a black man to do?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 4: I don't know what.
Speaker 1: We should look it up. We should look it up because maybe because I'm I, some of this stuff got to make sense, because if what you're saying, it is just like I haven't paid attention. I see you at testing posting and talking about it, but I haven't paid attention, so I don't know the details. I just saw a post on both of y'all pages, and what I'm saying is that I'm laughing but it's not funny. But what I'm saying is that I need that not to be the reason. I need not to be that it's because he's black, y'ad is some stuff gotta make better sense to me. I'm just not going with y'all. I can't. I just can't.
Speaker 3: Are you looking it.
Speaker 1: Up to see what's charged? Because it's just gotta be. It can't be that just because the man is black. It's gotta be I need something more, because that's not y'all is that's not I'm just telling you listen.
Speaker 3: I wait.
Speaker 1: But but to my point, my thought of the day is, perhaps if you're not gonna he really ain't going to jail, please leave Trump alone because it is getting it's getting bigger and bigger and bigger and bigger. He's raising more money than racist are coming out of everywhere. You got black people that's losing their mind too, starting to be tricked into thinking that maybe maybe, oh, it's a conspiracy against Trump. Trump is the conspiracy. He himself is a walking conspirator. I don't even know if that's a word, but he is. The actual conspiracy is him.
Speaker 2: Bruh.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you the truth. We'll find it and maybe after our guest comes on we could talk about it again, because I'm just trying to understand.
Speaker 3: Harrison Floyd Black voices for Trump terrible.
Speaker 1: Okay, when we.
Speaker 4: On September sixth, he can't he said he can't afford anything.
Speaker 1: Oh he ain't got now seen that that's because he's black. Because they raised money for Giuliani the other day. They had a fundraiser for Giuliani to get his money together so he could go fight his legal battles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he can fight with Trump.
Speaker 1: But some white women said that they that she I think she's she's even indicted or is a part of the case somehow, And they said that, oh, Trump know that. Trump them said they ain't given her nothing. Well, you know they don't fuck with black women.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's gonna roll like a women. Man.
Speaker 1: You know those people are not going to do shit. The black woman too. She they going down with this man to the end because you know what they're banking on that they won't go to jail. And if they don't go to jail and they come out on the other side of this unscathed, y'all. Y'all don't even know what's about to happen. You don't know the level of corruption. It's already fucked up and it's already corrupt. But when they get away with this, if god hopefully not, but if they did, when they come back, they're gonna be unhare.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't think Fanny is that dumb to foul discharge knowing she ain't got no evidence to do.
Speaker 1: Fanny, don't prosecute police officers the way that she should. So I don't know how intelligent in whatever she is, but they are police officers in Georgia in her jurisdiction that need to be tried for egregious behavior against people citizens that have not been tried. And so you know, I'm not I ain't too sold on Fanny. I do think, yes, we need to ensure that Trump's ass and his cronies experience the lashing of the system that they have participated in, and you know, and the and the I just use the word corruption. I mean, they are just they are criminals. They're evil criminals, and they should have absolutely face the music. But I'm just saying, Fanny, it's so many contradictions to everything that it's like hard to even have a conversation these days. I find myself getting ready to start talking and I just be like, you get it, because then you gotta because then people come back to you and ask for the young thug question and you like don't have an answer for that. You left the like you've left the podcast because.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm done, because I can't. I can't.
Speaker 4: I can't even entertain the fact your Trump is an anomalated me. I like listening to people in the hood talk about Trump. But I get what it is. I get what they identify, right, We THEYD identify with the underdog, and they identify what you know, people.
Speaker 1: Think he's the underdog.
Speaker 3: He's not in mind. He's he's in his mind. He's fighting a system, right, because they say he's not a politician. So this is what they say. They said, Trump is not a politician. He don't do politics.
Speaker 4: So he's he's unveiling, you know, the dirty tricks of politics, and he's saying it to us. You know, in layman's terms, he's one of us, and he just got into politics and he don't really give a fuck about politics, right, And I agree with that. But he's a criminal, right, So what happens is he's not an underdog, right, He's a criminal that figured out I can get into the system, right, and I can maneuver and manipulate and make money off the system to figure out how I can benefit. I could control these people's minds. I know how to act on TV. I know how to make money. I know all of this shit.
Speaker 2: He was on TV.
Speaker 1: I mean I showed that, but that was like a game. So he's not an actor, No.
Speaker 3: But he was on You're Fired. He was on the ship, so he was on TV.
Speaker 4: He was a TV personality, so people know him from he's entertaining. He knows how to do all that shit. He just took the same strategy to the White House, right, So what happens is he knows that the average person do hip hop and all of the shit, people will attracted to Trump because he had money, right period, do a hip hop song, you like, y'all want money like Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump. So he knew he had that. So he knows that, oh, most of the people just attracted to money. So what he does is very just like what the PPP people say, Oh he gave people PPP.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna give y'all how much money you need. I'm gonna throw it to you. I know you.
Speaker 4: I know you're gonna spend it, and I also know that you're gonna do a legal shit to get it right. So you're gonna throw the money away and you're gonna go to jail.
Speaker 1: So I got a strategy illegal stuff, Like what are you talking about?
Speaker 4: I'm explaining to you is them niggas. You know what I mean, niggas going to jail? For PPP because they they filed them paperwork and the ship was wrong and they stole. You know what I mean, Black niggas is fucked up. You know how much many niggas got you know how many you know how many black people got them PvP loans, got a couple of fifty sixty thousand and never had five dollars. And now they've turned to a life of crime because they can't get that life back. So ultimately he destroyed the mind in the community and said, oh and this is strategy, like give him that. They gonna go back to jail. We're gonna we're gonna put these Supreme Court justice in order. Crime is gonna uptick. We're gonna lock everybody back up again, and we're gonna keep going. We're not gonna give them positions. We're not gonna give him no power. We're not hiring no black people to be able to change no laws. We're not putting them in no cabinet, We're not putting no black personal Hell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you want us to partner Lil Wayne, You want us to park it up? Yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 4: The hip hop community gonna say, we fuck with Trump, We fuck with Trump. Is is shit that don't matter to him. He like that ship that you argue about, don't matter give them that. You just don't give them power. As long as you don't give them power and position, give them a couple of dollars, that's all they gonna cheer for you every time that shit runs out that little bit of money. They can't create generational well because we ain't give him nothing to create generational wealth. Were not putting nobody black in no position and do nothing. Of course, give him a couple of dollars. You know, they call us liquid money anyway. They know the money in our community ain't gonna go through our community with so many times, So why give a nigga money with no plane, no strategy or anything. He's gonna spend the money on sneakers, is going back into the economy. Then he gonna start committing crimes because they need to keep up with their lifestyle.
Speaker 1: And a majority of black people mice on. What you mean it's not the guest is on, so we should.
Speaker 3: You mean it's not the majority the hood.
Speaker 4: This is why crime is at a PPP. Commit turned up the crime rate in our communities one hundred percent, right, They gave niggas in these communities.
Speaker 3: That never happened niggas well, this is what we call each other. They they gave.
Speaker 4: They gave people in the community money that never had it dime before. They spent fifty and sixty thousand dollars on chains and sneakers.
Speaker 1: Okay, our guest is on, So we're gonna circle back to this conversation because I hear you, but I just think you need to we need to revisit.
Speaker 3: I'm outside, so I'm just telling you, really, I.
Speaker 1: Know, but that's not the majority of black people that got PPP loans in the hood.
Speaker 3: I'm not talking about the majority of black people. I can't speak.
Speaker 2: I'm talking.
Speaker 1: All right, Let's let's get to our guest who was joining us today.
Speaker 4: That's well, as we always do. We got one of our friends on here. It's like my little brother man. You know, artists that I've watched since he was a teenager man with a big mam mark that was bigger than him.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, rapping outside.
Speaker 4: I used to call home when I was locked up, and he used to wrap on the phone for me for like thirty forty minutes, and at that point.
Speaker 3: I knew he was just one.
Speaker 4: Of those those artists that was really talented and had the ears and the hearts of the street and understood the culture and understood exactly how to explain life. There's not too many lyricists that I respect, man, but Bado has always been one of those. Man. So we're gonna bring to the stage my brother, my little brother. The man was sub king, what up?
Speaker 2: Huh? I ain't nothing, man, you know, I.
Speaker 3: See you out here, working man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, a lot of you know, a lot of shit.
Speaker 3: You know, we can curse, right, curse man, you can curse his Oh yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, a lot of shit going on, you know what I'm saying. A lot of a lot of things about the drop soon, you know. So just focused, that's all.
Speaker 4: So yeah, you know, tell tell him where you're from, Harlem, tell him how you started.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, up there from uptown Linux save Crime Square for y'all that don't know.
Speaker 2: On forty second between Linox and Seventh Man.
Speaker 5: You know, I grew up just watching, you know, I was fortunate enough to live in the area of of stars, man, like you know, from Camron and Mace, the Big l you.
Speaker 2: Know, resc of Keeves, hud six, MaTx B, you know, J Mills.
Speaker 5: Head even to the Battle Stars, some loaded lucks head Ice, you know, Forty cow Man, Charlie Clips, you know, the list goes on, man, and I know I'm missing people. Man, I hate this part, you know, Loan, Like you know, I was just fortunate to grow up watching them, watching every you know, watching all them slims and just you know, try to follow the steps.
Speaker 1: How did you get like, so we're because I know you have a very strong relationship with Cameron, but how did you sort of get in the mix? What was your process to getting into artist stream?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 5: J Mills is my best friend, so I kind of like rolled with him, you know what I'm saying, And he was signed to Want to Blow, which they started getting Lady Deals and I was just you.
Speaker 2: Know, just running with him and and then just.
Speaker 5: From from there on it just when I got to meet you know, Caled mice Maids, you know, I got to be a you know, other stars that was that was also you know, a roller coaster. So when things was like getting quiet fast for me, just so happened Cam had stepped back on the scene.
Speaker 2: So when Cam stepped back on the scene.
Speaker 5: I had reached out to some people close to him, gave him my demo.
Speaker 2: You know, he fucked with it.
Speaker 5: He grabbed me up like the next like in the next two days, and I never left.
Speaker 1: It's just what stories we don't really we don't always hear, or maybe we don't appreciate the amount of support because the way in which the world tries to portray just black folks in general and or and especially in entertainment, it's like nobody helps one another. But that's like really not true. I've heard so many positive stories from artists, from my son from now here on one from you about Cameron, where people actually did lend the help in hand and try to bring another person up in the industry.
Speaker 2: I mean, because you know, I leave my ego at the door.
Speaker 5: That's for you know, very humble, you know how uh you know, I come in, I come in and learn, I observe, you know, I don't really I don't talk over no one. I listen, you know, And with Cam I'm you know, I'm lifting it because he did.
Speaker 2: It, you know what I'm saying. So it's no it's no reason for me to like to speak over with him from just learning.
Speaker 5: So but that's why that's how I am with most artists that done did it, you know, and I try to scow the ones is coming up under me same way.
Speaker 3: That's one thing I will say.
Speaker 4: Manvada has always been like a student of the game, very you know, and always paid attention. Whenever I talked I would home, he'd be on the phone, he'd be asking questions. He was always attentive. And then when I came home, he still had that energy, you know. So why should you know, take off and come out with them big singles and them big hits. I wasn't surprised, you know what I'm saying, because the talent was there any and he paid attention, you know. So talk about talk about that, talk about talk about like the seriousness is because being in the industry, you know how it is to be hot and then kind of just phizzle and then you gotta find your way.
Speaker 3: Back, you know, and just now, what what what is that process?
Speaker 4: Being like at the top and you the hottest nigga and then it's just like, oh shit, I gotta find my way back because you know, challenged it, but you just gotta find your way back. To talk about that process from now, how does the mentality that.
Speaker 5: Takes man Listen, you gotta have a strong one, that's for one, you know, because you know when I first when I got with Cam and we started coming out. You know, but at first when I got with Cam, it wasn't really trying to like lititize shit like that, you know what I'm saying. Like, we had to like work, you know, it didn't come easy work, So we had to go to the streets. So we started putting out a trilogy of mix of mixtapes, you know what I'm saying, boss and ball bosses.
Speaker 2: So that's what kind of grab.
Speaker 5: Once the streets started talking, then the radio, then the DJs w and the radio started wanting the tracks.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: That's when Flex started asking them for the tracks, so we give them the Flex And then that's when he started making movies. So you know, everything is good. When you up, you know, everybody want to fuck with you. You know, I found myself hanging around other celebs, you know, on a daily basis, is anything cool? You know, didn't want things. You know, once that road coast to go down, it's like, you know, people disappear, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But you know, you just stay focused.
Speaker 5: But you know, the main thing is stick to your script and I and I didn't do that, you know. I started trying to follow what was going on. You know how people what was what was now?
Speaker 3: So this was now.
Speaker 5: But that's just because I'm a student of the game. I still love the game. So it's like playing ball. You see new moves, you want to start doing new moves. You know, I love a gang, so I'm trying to I'm fucking with all types of flows, you know. But it wasn't hitting. It wasn't hitting, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So so you went to your original.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I went back to my original. That's when the Hated came out. I did with eaves, you know, and that's that's that's me, you know. So it was just a free style, you know. Next thing, you know, Daint got thirty million views, you know what I'm saying. So it was like, you know, I performed that when I when I when people bring me out or I go on stage now you know, and they know work for world. So that just shows you that the real always gonna win, even like for example, the flex you know flex freestyles.
Speaker 2: A lot of everybody freestyle is nice.
Speaker 5: But when Mike went up there and spit that real that shit got what I mean views like, that's one of the number one you feel me. So that just shows you that niggas always respect the real you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So I just went back, you know, I just stuck to the script.
Speaker 4: So, so what you what are you working on now? I heard a couple of things, but I want you to like, what are you working on now?
Speaker 2: Ship?
Speaker 5: I'm working on Actually, I'm working on my tape with thirty eight Specs producing it.
Speaker 3: You know, I love it.
Speaker 5: That's crazy hear that? Oh man, that's crazy. I'm not gonna lie. This might be one of my best albums man, for real, because the concepts is very you know what I'm saying. I'm talking about a lot of shit. You know what I'm saying. I'm not just rapping like i'll normally do about the streets. Of course, the street's gonna be in it, but you know, it's a lot of like you know, the niggas meant to health, you know what I'm saying, a lot of mental health issues out here, man. You know, I think everybody every man done went through that. You know, I surely went through it. You know because being in this game, you know what I'm saying, being in this game and just the thing we call life, every man go through it.
Speaker 2: So you know, it's it's just real a lot of storytelling. And you know. Then I got a an.
Speaker 5: Album with East that I'm working on as well, the album with Banks. You know, we we we had knocked out a few joints, but we're gonna get back to it to you know, wrap that up. And then I'm also on what the Mary J Block singles M Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh that has not been released.
Speaker 5: Nah, only Flex got it, so you know you're here flex play it. But that's you know, you do only want. It's called Believe in Love, So it's dope. We shot the video on Capri, so wonderful.
Speaker 1: So I had so many questions came to mind. One thing when you talked about the authenticity, you know, because oftentimes we have an audience of people who are listening and they're trying to figure it out, right, that's everywhere we all have these people, you know that listen to us. They're trying to figure out what to do to get their music career, and I think that all things are sort of us. It's pretty much. It all crosses over, like just because you're talking about music, but there might be somebody that's working on you know, development of business and authenticity is so important. You start off with a good product, then you change the product because you want to fit whatever the new culture is. Then it goes flat because people like that old hair gel the one you're created. But evolution is important. You can't stagnant. So how do you fare in that conversation of like, yes, evolved without losing yourself in the process.
Speaker 5: Your surroundings. You know, sometimes you gotta changed surround us, you know. So I had to evolve from my day one. Is not all my day one, but something that was I'm not gonna say was stuff, but just wasn't believing the vision like I was, you know, and you know, shout out to my you know, my brother Jed, you know, he believed it day one. So when things so when things got stagnant, he was dead to you know, to help me pick it up. Like, nah, we're gonna keep going even you know, we're gonna keep going, We're gonna keep pushing. So we just kept pushing the long run, and you know, things start happening. So you know, I just tell people like, don't follow leave. You know what I'm saying, Believe in your dream. If you got a vision, you know, and you gotta go for your vision, man, you know, because you know, you know one of your friends to easy tell you, man, fuck that ship, and you're gonna say fuck that ship.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Most most niggas, most niggas from the streets or it takes one of their niggas.
Speaker 2: To not be on it and then they lacking it.
Speaker 5: You know, Like for once I seen I seen a post for one of my guys from the hood that felt like committed suicide man because he's like, yo, nobody support his dreams. Like you know he's not all that lyrically, but still that's your dream. Go with your dream, you know what I'm saying. But you know how guys in the hood is and he ain't nice.
Speaker 2: Niggas is like.
Speaker 5: It's just not supporting it. But you don't have to be nice to make it clear.
Speaker 4: Day always talent, don't work hard, don't work hard shit most definitely, most definitely, you know, so.
Speaker 5: I really want to tell him like, nah, man, fuck niggas man. Just keep going, keep going. Trust me from regards, see you working, keeping rewarding.
Speaker 1: Before you ask your question, I just want to get my second question out. You talked about mental health. I was gonna ask you, like, what are some of the social issues happening in our society, especially looking in New York City, you know, and just in the areas that you travel to that really concern you. Like that's really coming through in your music. I know you said mental health, but are there other issues that you would say you're addressing.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm gonna start addressing politics. Move you know, that's a new thing for me, you know, shout out to jay Z. I'll listen to uh Tom have me listening to some some j albums for four four and I see how he'd be really, you know, he's really pressed on the politics if you understand what he's talking about. You know sometimes but that's that was always hold. But talk about things people don't know of. You got to do your research, bo though. You know, that's my goal to start really talking about what's going on in the world, you know, start current events, you know, you know.
Speaker 4: You know it's I love the evolution, and that's what it is for me. It's evolutionist. It's still like like she said, it's being you, but just evolving like still I'm still me, and it still has the street you know energy because that's where we come from and we come from. So but we gotta be able to if we, if we when you get older, you gotta start teaching a little bit, right, you gotta. If a nigga talking to you, if you're O g supposed to og and a young nigga talking to you and he can't get no jewels from you, the how benefit you can't You're not you're not supposed to fit in with the young, supposed to stand out they see. So your music has to evolve. It gotta still be current and it gotta still be relevant.
Speaker 3: But it got evolved to where it shows growth, you know, growing as a man.
Speaker 4: So I think that's that's what that's the next stage for you, man, and I love it.
Speaker 5: You know, just you know, explain it to them and uh in that's all they really just need to explain that they you know, they all.
Speaker 4: We know exactly, you know how to talk to ship, they talk exactly. And that brings down to it. You know what I'm saying tell all the time is like when I do the fact that I do civil rights work, right, I come to the hood and tell niggo, this is what we need to be doing in the hood. And that's why it makes it relevantcause niggas, Oh, Mike's doing this. So when I have a conversation with him, it's different than somebody else, you know, coming from just coming from college and all that with his suit, telling them why we need to be in politics and why we need to fight for blacks and all that, because they can relate to me because they know I'm comfort where they come from. So that's why that's why we're the most credible messages we got.
Speaker 3: Man. You know what I'm saying, I'm.
Speaker 5: Gonna keep your honey. I watch your page all the time to stay to stay up to date. You know what's going on, You're focus, You're hocus. I watch you'll plays all the time. Keep up the date, man, for real.
Speaker 4: That's what it is, man, It's about the work is paying it forward.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: So what else you got going on? I know I heard about Blong Run. That's that's the new label. That's the new that's the label that's my ship.
Speaker 5: Yeah, definitely, definitely, you know, you know, you know, I definitely you know, one of my goals getting into that acting, you know, seriously, you know, So that's definitely in the mix too as well.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: Just man, let's try staying out the way until I'm in the way, man, you know, because.
Speaker 2: You gotta stay sucker free out here.
Speaker 5: Man, you know that, you know that. But just stay working, man, staying positive. Believe in my feel like a.
Speaker 3: Reseurg is coming for you. You know how anybody get their second win. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I feel like you you're on the verge. You got the energy right now, and see it in your face. You's come in the projects. I'm listening, just understanding. I know how special is man. I got me ands supposed to be working on something too, he is.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna need matter of fact, I'm gonna need you on this. We need you on this.
Speaker 3: I'm ready.
Speaker 2: You know, we all do.
Speaker 3: I'm back outside. Man.
Speaker 1: My thoughts that he wasn't feeling inspired lately, But it looks.
Speaker 3: I went to when I went to the was you at Yankee Stadium?
Speaker 5: No it wasn't. I was in Caprie. I know it was fun. I seen I watched it on YouTube.
Speaker 3: That energy is like, okay, now I'm rapping again. I want to rap again.
Speaker 4: I felt that energy when you're surrounded by that type of you know, that energy and seeing those type of artists and seeing everybody and just looking out their mind.
Speaker 3: Now now I feel like I got some.
Speaker 2: Real hip hop, real hip hop. You know that.
Speaker 5: That That's that's what keeps me going because you know, we we real hip hop has man so you know, all that other ship is cool too. Don't get twisted, but you know, we actually we think before we write.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. We actually we keep rapping.
Speaker 1: The fiftieth anniversary, that was gonna be my question that might already kind of messed it up. But with the fiftieth anniversary of hip hop gone, you know, it has passed fifty years. Now we're working on the next fifty years. Where do you want to see the industry go? You know, what do you want to see happen? You talked about more connection between the issues, the politics, and the people because it's some problems out here. Like I try to listen to the music, things is kind of wayward. The women are very, very very what y'all say they are. It's a term you use and over sexualize the young guys between the drugs and the pills and the this and the that, and not saying that it's not. Some of it is good music. We like it, we bump to it. But we are in a space where I feel like we're losing the messaging that used to be there.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think that we're gonna have to shut down Instagram. Well, you know, because it's like everybody's just following what's going on in Instagram and they found the ignorance, you know, the all they see is the jury, the cause, the money, the lifestyle. So so now when you get when you get with a with a with a woman with a female, that's all she wants, you know. She just want to sit in the seat with the double law and the head rest, you know what I'm saying. So she could be like this will take the picture, you know what I'm saying, Like, that's what's going on now. It's not real though, it's not real. None of it is real. I mean, of course it's Celes whatever, but half of that's not real. It's just what looks good for Instagram. So we need to take a break from Instagram and get back to reality, you know. And that's that's that's the that's the first thing. That's the first thing. And because like I said, you know, like I watched mice paid on a politics you know what I'm saying, a lot of people do, but not everybody, meaning the youth. The youth is not watching that at all. You know what I'm saying. The youp is watching drills. They're going on YouTube and you hear these stories of you know, like killing killing someone is a trend.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: You kill someone, you rap about it, you sell records because it's only because it's real. You know what I'm saying, it's real. Person, go on YouTube and watch your whole story. I'm gonna be honest. I didn't know a lot about the Chicago Drills team. I went on YouTube, I watched it, and I was I was like, damn, they really out there playing tag with bullets with real bullets.
Speaker 2: So it made it made me listen to the State music more.
Speaker 5: But at the end of the day, like now everybody's doing from Philly to New York, it's that the trend is becoming larger than life.
Speaker 1: And you know, dying. That's the problem. Our communities are are are suffering greatly because there is incentive, as my son says all the time, to push violence and drugs, like the drugs that these kids are using. I know, we always use drugs like people use drugs, but they are under the heavy influence. Like the way they smoke. We I don't know what kind of weed they smoke because when we was young, two or three poles and and we had you tripping, you was like good for the rest of the day. They smoking all day long.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't understand. That's why I quit.
Speaker 5: I haven't smoked, Like I might smoke a little in the studio, but outside in the world, I don't smoke because I get tired.
Speaker 2: I'm bugging out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like I'm bugging out because it's so strong now, so.
Speaker 2: Off the rip, like you know what I'm saying. Like you hear that. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So you know, I fell back from it. But it's legal now, so it's no telling.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Then they might have fentanol in it. I saw I'm telling my song earlier today that I saw a post from Stefante Clark, which is the brother of a young man by the name of Stefan Clark who was killed by police in the backyard of his grandparents' house in California.
Speaker 2: They heard that, and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's doing some his brother's young brother's doing some great work. And he had a post up today that said that ninety seven percent of the drugs on the street are fake they have fentanyl in it, ninety seven percent. Now, I don't know where he got that from, but it sounds about right because the way in which like the addiction to whatever they're using is completely different today than it was in the past.
Speaker 5: You know what said, it's exposing I loved ones, you know, like who may have a cousin or a close friend. Even though that was even shooting, you know that, you know they died. Were like, damn, what happened? Come to find out form fedos, like, oh man.
Speaker 2: He was shooting? How we we?
Speaker 5: I ain't know that, you know, like I ain't know uh Omar Fluire was shooting.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, I didn't know.
Speaker 5: My friend, you know from from from my hud was shooting like a lot, my fird. You know, it's a lot of people that was being exposed, you know, and that wasn't I just asked.
Speaker 1: You, what's the sister's name? I just told you about the artist that wasn't mentioned during the sixtieth anniversary. She was in the Fujis or not the Foojies.
Speaker 2: Tho oh she ad three six mathfield.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's exactly damn.
Speaker 2: And and and.
Speaker 5: That all leads to us saying, like, damn, we don't know what they was going through. Mental issues, you know what I'm saying, a.
Speaker 4: Lot of these a lot of people is over Medican because they deal on mental health and they don't want to do reality.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: These these young kids, you know, are dealing with levels of trauma and bullshit.
Speaker 3: When you watch that Internet all day and you just.
Speaker 4: Intake violence and negativity all day all day, that shit, that shit clicks into your mind. We didn't have that ship every day all day. We just seen negativity and violence.
Speaker 2: All all day, day, all day and ain't telling on themselves.
Speaker 4: Like man, yo, I never had a beef at twelve and thirteen where I was talking about much kill a niggas at twelve. These niggas got beef to where they they can't go outside it and they gonna kill each other.
Speaker 2: A trull.
Speaker 4: We was gonna fist fight. He went to park after school. We was in the school yard. We might have fought, but these niggas got guns and they killing each other at twelve and thirteen.
Speaker 5: Man, yeah, real, it's damn. I'm being the house man. I'll be honest you man. I stay in the house.
Speaker 2: Man. That's the same place to be. Man. If I ain't got nothing to do, I'll be in the house. Real.
Speaker 4: Man, make some music man, that's it. Man, I can't wait to hear this music. We gotta get in the studio, man, real, Nah, definitely. You know we're gonna set it up. So we being here together, we're gonna set it up.
Speaker 2: Definitely.
Speaker 3: I love you, man. Keep doing what you're doing, my brother.
Speaker 4: Vio violence and drugs only.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we.
Speaker 3: Gotta get to see. This is the evolution that was the young bottle.
Speaker 2: You know, we're gonna take the violence.
Speaker 5: Violence is something violence or something you know that's and.
Speaker 1: To me, a rebranding of yourself. As you come forward with all of this new content and you're on the next wave. That's a good thing to do. That that was then that will actually garner you some attention, but you already are getting attention, and you know you're out here. But to show these young people that we used to be this and now we're not that anymore. You know, we're growing to different. So we My son is the name genius. This is what does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got you got you got you got you gotta fix.
Speaker 4: I got you, I got you, got your attribute your She's gonna be dope. Give me about the day, all right, go.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you so much for joining us. It was a great convo and we're just you don't be prouder. We just said we started our show today saying we rooting for everybody black, number one and number two positivity, Like that's what we want to be all about. This is gonna be the time of just positive energy all day, every day, because if we don't spread it for us, who's gonna do it?
Speaker 2: No one?
Speaker 1: Right, Love y'all, love, all right, dope.
Speaker 4: Interview with my brother man. I told you like I seen Vito grow up. He was a little teenager. J Mills came under me. They were signed to Winn to Blow, which was Ton's label who I was signed to, and I was the first artist. And remember Jay Mills coming to the studio as a teenager and when I got locked up, Mills just stop growing up. He was with young Money, and then Vado was his best friend. So every time I would call home to speak to them, he'd be like yo. I remember the first say you're yo, this is my ma and Vado and Vido got.
Speaker 3: On the phone.
Speaker 4: He's like, yo, big hoomie. I love and respect everything. And he was a humble dude. And I was like, let me hear you rap.
Speaker 3: He was spitting. I was like, yo, he nice.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, Like, yeah, man, I'm trying to get on. I'm just learning from you know, Mills, My man, I'm just learning.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: I love everything you do. I can't wait you come home.
Speaker 4: So watching him grow man from Against with Cam then he was signed to cal It and just watching him grow and.
Speaker 3: Just sometimes you gotta take a little break and go through whatever.
Speaker 4: But I think he's gonna have a good researcher because he's actually a dope artist.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: He's lirically phenomenal. And I'm listening to the collaborations him and Lloyd Banks should be phenomenal because they punch lines and they got that same New York that dope New York delivery. And thirty eight specially is one of my new up and coming dudes that I love, and he's his production is crazy indeed, Davis, you know, that's the Harlem thing that they got going on, so it should be dope.
Speaker 3: Man. I want to hear this song. I think I heard the song with him and Mary J. Blige. It's kind of fire.
Speaker 4: I heard funk Flex playing, so I want to see the video though, But that's gonna be a good luck man.
Speaker 1: With the Queen, Lloyd Banks was like my biggest crush ever. Like when he first came out, Oh my god, I haven't seen I don't even know what he looks like today.
Speaker 3: He looks.
Speaker 1: Still slimming, like like, you know, nice looking.
Speaker 4: I don't know about all that you got. He got a he got an Instagram page. You can find him up there. Lloyd's my guy too.
Speaker 1: Through all of that, however, he was like that was a big deal. Back in the days, the girls was all over. Lloyd Banks bench was one of them. We got a nice sound in his voice, and you know the whole thing. You know what the people said, We liked him, so anyway, good to see. I want people to come. We are we should be inspired to bring back the good sounds and.
Speaker 3: Good music nurs.
Speaker 4: I want to hear rap because I love rappers like I don't traff is cool, you know, drill whatever.
Speaker 3: I want to hear rap.
Speaker 4: I want to hear dudes that can put words together, melodies together, that make complete songs, that have a structure, an idea, a thought process that make you think.
Speaker 3: And be like, damn, how did he say that.
Speaker 4: I don't want you to be able to I don't want to be able to think of the ship that you say without thinking, right, that's what music is turned into.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get me a cup of something to drink. I'll shoot you. Could you you think my pussy is pink?
Speaker 4: I got a chain with a link like that's that's all they say in that And I don't I don't you know. I'm not hating on no young, none of that ship. I just want good music, man, I want I want to hear rap. I wanted people to rap again, man, So shout out to Bato, you know, and what what that kind of brings me to my thought of the day, my thought of the day.
Speaker 1: You they need to be not trying instead of here say that the people took the p P loans and went and bought sneakers, and.
Speaker 3: You want to you want to bring that back because I'm.
Speaker 1: Telling you that that's a small fraction.
Speaker 3: I believe and I do.
Speaker 1: That's not true.
Speaker 4: What I'm trying to tell you is this there I'm talking about in our communities, in the inner city communities and the projects, in the poor communities, they are not I can't think of one or two people that took the p p P loans right that didn't have nothing, that was doing illegally getting PPP loans, because ninety percent of them this was illegally getting PPP loans that went open the business.
Speaker 3: There's no new businesses inside the hood. The niggas that was driving around and rented cars, they got.
Speaker 1: Out in the hood. They in their house, they got T shirt businesses, they have, they have bit glossed, they have they have online.
Speaker 3: Listen, we're having this conversation every day in the hood.
Speaker 4: The dudes who was outside with thirty thousand dollars chains, they had new sniggers on every day they went and brought cars. The cars done got repulled, the cars is gone.
Speaker 3: They don't got nothing.
Speaker 4: So what happened is in order to try to keep up with that lifestyle, they invested in crime. They trying to rob niggas, They trying to stick you up. This is a fact.
Speaker 3: This ain't some shit. I'm telling you that.
Speaker 4: I think I'm telling you that the come ups wasn't they wasn't me. If you give me one hundred and two hundred thousand dollars, I'm sitting here, I'm putting down what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: How is this you gonna turn it to a million?
Speaker 4: I'm not spending it on nothing right, And this is what I was trying to explain to you Trump. And in the comp they understand that they call black people liquid money. They our money.
Speaker 3: Does not circulate in our community.
Speaker 4: This is a fact. These are facts. So if I'm a politician, I mean, we are doing better. You know, we're learning, we're growing, you know a little bit at a time. But I'm talking about when you give money to people who just like if you look at most of the the athletes, most of these athletes be rich, they get their million, couple of million dollars, they be poor within three or four years of leaving the league.
Speaker 3: They gotta get regular job. They have not invested the money and they know that.
Speaker 4: So if you give and these people got financial advisors, they got all this shit. So if you give Jojo fifty thousand dollars in the hood and he going to spend it, it's gone. And once he done got a lifestyle that he's trying to live up to. Only thing he got after that is crime. He ain't going back to fifteen hours an hour.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean. Time to have conversations with these kids, and.
Speaker 4: You tell them to get a job, They're like, yo, ain't working for fifteen dollars an hour, man twenty nine.
Speaker 3: I'm not doing that.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: You crazy?
Speaker 4: Because they touched some of that PPP money. You know this, these kids, that's what That's what fucked them up. So what I'm trying to say is trumping them understood that he understood you could give them the money. They gonna spinishit back. It's gonna flourish the economy. Some of them gonna do some illegal shit. Some of them ain't supposed to get it. We can lock them up. We got throwing these judges in. We're gonna make stricter the laws.
Speaker 3: He told them. That's why he told me.
Speaker 4: They talked about they want to fucking kill drug dealers. They want to fucking them, give them the death penalty right. They want to do all because they understand. We understand we put you in a position to where you're gonna try your hand in drugs. You're gonna try your hand in crime. You're gonna have these guns, You're gonna do all this shit. We know that, So we set up the mechanism to lock your as up after we gave you these PPP lows and know that you ain't gonna have no way to get no money again.
Speaker 3: You're gonna go to crime. We're gonna lock you up.
Speaker 4: And then what I was trying to explain, So I said, nick y'all, y'all want to celebrate that, but the reality is he understands that as long as I don't put.
Speaker 3: Black people in power.
Speaker 4: I said, how many black people did Trump put in power in his four years that he gave power to to be able to change laws, to be able to change structure, to get resources. Where's the black people that he put in And I'm not a Joe bidenfair, I don't give a fuck about none of these present.
Speaker 1: Actually they're gonna say, they're gonna say, well, what did well see, I'm not gonna let people do that because they because.
Speaker 4: I know, I know, we literally know black people that by didn't happen.
Speaker 1: They did nothing but that. But but but these courts across the nation where they had to have to put maybe and there's been a lot of black women, but let's not even talk about black women. Just trying not to allow the conservatives to take over the courts all across the board. Oh I bet you, I bet you. If you look at that record, you will see the difference in the conservative judges versus more liberal judges, if you will, Like people is talking a bunch of bullshit, and it's so sad. It's just like, well, whatever that was yesterday or whatever day telling us about the cotton picking for three hundred dollars, that Joe Biden has jobs now where only black people can pick cotton something dumb like, no, it's not true, it's not I said.
Speaker 4: I said, they said three hundred dollars an hour. I said, where is the job? I will pick cotton for three hundred dollars. Where's it at I'm gonna give me a job. I'm shigning up three hundred dollars an hour. Shit, I'm be on it for good three months, every day, seven days a week.
Speaker 1: I have to this show.
Speaker 4: Was a day, three hundred dollars an hour for three months straight.
Speaker 3: I'm putting that that's a nice little nest egg. That's right.
Speaker 1: You don't know when to stop working anywhere.
Speaker 3: All that because we need to get money. But I don't get it. Is this.
Speaker 4: It's people so much right when I showed Diddy giving a million dollars to the HBCUs and there were so many people that, oh, that ain't ships a.
Speaker 1: Tax right off, but it's one million more than they had. What I'm saying this at the HBCU that don't get no resources.
Speaker 3: Listen, you know what.
Speaker 4: I don't get is why everybody's gonna just write the tax off right because it's one million dollars, it's nothing, that's a tax right off. Why don't you go give your fifty dollars is a tax right off? Why don't the nigga that got two hundred million go give his his million that? Why why don't we all just get the tax right off? Because we need to be supporting each other. So why if you could say, allin not it is a tax writ or won't you do that and get the tax right off? Why everybody don't just get the tax right off? Because everybody don't give a fuck. That's what I wanted to understand, And I don't understand why people don't get that if I care enough to invest my money in something that I can get a tax right off to too, I actually can't.
Speaker 3: And I'm gonna get a tax right off. Why do I do it? Why do y'all want to criticize?
Speaker 4: Why do y'all want to criticize somebody's doing something when you're doing nothing? Oh, get you the tax right off? I want everybody to get the tax right off to the HBC.
Speaker 1: True, that's true. Okay, that is true. Shout out to my girl, Mimi, Mimi Kay. This is her lip gloss that I wear and it's clear, but because of my pink other stuff and made it look a little pink. But it's actually a clear lip boss that's really good. And it doesn't have the white line all the time, so you know that's it's super cool. Anyway, here's the thing, right, here's a bunch of places that he could get the tax right off to. He could give it to the Boys and Girls Club, he could give it to all types of stuff. But he's choosing to get his tax right off, which, like you said, is a mutual benefit to an HBCU where black students don't have resources. So at the end of the day, and by and by the way, by the way, by the way, these people went to HBCU, some of them, that's probably saying, why it's just a tax right off and they don't give their contributions to keep their schools going. So people are just full of shit. That's what it's called.
Speaker 4: That's what That's what the bottom line is. Everybody has excuse for somebody else's good deed, right. Oh the only do you know what the dude said to me, I said, I was talking mo.
Speaker 3: I said, Yo, I don't really care about Biden or Trump.
Speaker 4: I don't do a fuck about that, but I know that pretty much Biden has one of the has hired probably the most black people in administration that I've seen. Now, maybe there's been one that has done more, but I have never seen more black people in no administration ever in the history of the presidency. I've never seen it. And then you know what the dude said. He said, he's just doing that because he wants us to get on his side.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, that's what you suppose. You always say your thing every election where they say they panda and you say panda to me, that's like, that's like, that's like a friend of mine seeing a guy taking me out, buying me things, doing nice things. Manage. Oh, he's just trying to get some coats. Yeah, that's how you did it.
Speaker 4: That's what you're supposed to do. It's the whole job to court me. You're supposed to court me and do the things I want done that you want done.
Speaker 1: And the problem is will you maintain it?
Speaker 3: But which is not even that?
Speaker 4: The thing is this, once I've once I've decided that you've earned my vote, that means you already done enough for me to take the step. So the minute that you stop maintaining that, I don't give you no more of whatever it is that you want for me. You understand I'm saying. So, of course, your job is to do the ship that I need you to do. Like right, if you're working for me and you do it, okay, boy, I'm gonna pay you the minute you stop doing the ship that I want done? Did I find you like that's part of it, that's part of the process. You're supposed to pay it. You're suppanta do all the ship that I want you to do so that I get on your side. That shit blew my mind. I'm like, so, what is he supposed to do? Not do the ship that I want and still expect me to be on this side? Like I want to understand what are y'all going for? Y'all love y'all don't want to vote for the people or put people in office that do the ship that you want them to do so that they can get you on they side. I'm funk saying. I'm not talking about don't just say what I want you to say. I'm talking about do what I want you to do, do the ship that I want you to do. That's how you get somebody's vote. But I digress, man. You know people, it's people, crazy people. It's crazy people, and that they're gonna be what they be, man, And you be on.
Speaker 1: There talking to folks that I wouldn't give them, and you be talking to people to harry and tell them and with a shot souse.
Speaker 4: Sometimes it's just I really just be wanting to understand what they be saying, because it be.
Speaker 1: Like, no, you don't you understand. That's not what it is. It's not that you want to understand what they be saying. You be wanting them to understand what you're what you're saying. That's what makes you insane to convince someone who is paid or and or a volunteer to assist them that never ever wants to hear your truth or understand anything you say.
Speaker 4: What I want to do is get somebody who is saying something to actually hear what they're saying, right, because when they say shit that don't make sense, I often repeat it and say, so is this what you're saying so they can listen and be like and their offen. So no, that's not what I'm saying' saying No, that's exactly what you're saying. Well, I didn't then say what you say some shit that makes sense? Stop saying shit that makes absolutely zero sense. That's it.
Speaker 1: Good night and good night and go in.
Speaker 3: Peace, Go in peace. Man.
Speaker 4: Once again, it's another end of another Dope episode. Shout out to my brother Vidal Man go out. Listen to that new single with him and Mary J. Blige. I heard it on Flex. You only can hear it on Flex. You know the singles dropping soon projects. I'm looking forward. We're gonna get in the studio. I'm back outside and I'm back. I'm ready to rap because none of your niggas can't outrap. Y'all know that, So we that's just nothing. I'm just now I'm reinvigorating my energy to just get out there and destroy y'all, you know, because I think it's coming back to wrap.
Speaker 3: You know, they want to hear let everybody where I go Mice, I want to hear project. I want to project. We need some new music.
Speaker 4: So and my brother Bronx Logo is telling me I need to get back at the studio because I'm the hip hop savior.
Speaker 3: So shout out to Logo yo, and.
Speaker 4: We outside every all of our fans, thank you for supporting Street Politicians.
Speaker 3: We love y'all. Keep on supporting us.
Speaker 4: Let us know what you like, but you don't because we number one podcast in the world, and it's only because of y'all, only because y'all stick with us through dick and thin, and we appreciate y'all. Man hit us up on Street Politicians product and let us know what you want. I'm not gonna always be right to make a d Mallory is not gonna always be wrong. We will both always and I mean always, be authentic.
Speaker 1: Pace out, Listen to Street Politicians on the Black Effect Network on iheartrate.
Speaker 4: And catch us every single Wednesday for the video version of Street Politicians on eyewomen dot TV.
Speaker 2: That's how