Speaker 1: It is being pushed in harm's way here news round up infrom it. I was asking you for the call in number because Curtis is about to call in Curtis Lee, Well, we're expecting any moment now a press conference from Merrick Adams. It's supposed to be campaign related. I'm guessing now with mister s and I will get that to him, sir, That is my job. Yeah, he wants to call in it and be on the show, so we'll find out get his initial reaction. I can't think of any other reason why this would happen. Anyway, The shot is up for Adam's announcement. They had delayed that. My guess is they probably delayed because of the President's press conference.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: By the way, I'm getting a lot of people texting and a lot of people calling. If you, Linda, can send me the number for Curtis to call, and he's texting me. You may not have the same I do, so if you send it to me, I'll send it to him. Might as well air all of our dirty laundry. But anyway, the President changing the Department of Defense's name to the Department of War, which it had been called, you know, throughout every war that we have ever had, World War one, World War two, et cetera, et cetera. So you know it's going to be very interesting. If you want to react to any of this, you can give us a call. Eight hundred and nine to four one, Shawn is a number on a Friday. Now you talk about a Friday news dump, I mean, this is it. It's like all of this coming out of nowhere. We weren't expecting a lot of this, although we did tell you at the beginning of the program today that President Trump would in fact be renaming the Department of Defense to the Department of War. As it relates to whatever Eric Adams is going to announce. I can't imagine that they would put out that we have a major campaign announcement if it wasn't about him getting out of the race. Now, front cover of the New York Post today says Trump to city drop out, tells GOP donor he's talking about a grocery store businessman John Castaatites, who owns a lot of big grocery chains in New York. He might recall the Zoron Kami, you know, Marxistmondami wants government run grocery stores. But anyway, the headline is tells GOP donor talking about custom a tities have planned to stop Mamdani by Wednesday or I'm stepping in. I'm not sure if anybody can stop it now. The belief in what Andrew CMO has been arguing is that he and only he can Beatdati, not one on one, and I'm not sure I believe that. Curtis lee when I was up at twenty percent of the vote, And by the way, why doesn't Cuomo get out? Anyway, Andrew Cuomo huddling with Al Sharpton in an apparent bid for an endorsement today. Apparently they met at the Regency Hotel for a breakfast sit down and not surprisingly, I guess very favorable for Reverend Now. Why he's getting involved in this, I don't know. I'm very impressed with Mamdani, but I've known Andrew for forty years, going back to the eighties with his father, ex Governor Mario Clomo. Anyway, Curtis Sliwa is with us on our Newsmaker line, and he, of course has come up pretty dramatically in the polls Now, I saw you at twenty percent. Congratulations sir. That number keeps going up.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Sean. And I've outraised both Eric Adams and and Jewel Como the last two quarters. I'm equal to the amount of money four million dollars raised by Johann Mandami. And it's all small donors. Average donor one hundred and ten dollars, So we're doing phenomenally well. I just committed an active repo. Shawn, You're gonna love this. I came into Brown Hill, used to be the headquarters of Eric Adams, and I took it over. They gave me the keys, and all of his supporters joined teams right in the heart of the hood.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's a big story. Now do you know what this announcement is going to be? This campaign announcement?
Speaker 3: I have no idea. I know he's been obviously talking to the Trump administration in different capacities, but to look in the faces of his supporters, and you know how difficult political campaigns are, Sean. Your supporters, especially your volunteers, really believe in you. So for them to turn to me and say, Curtis, you always are second choice. Here are the keys run your operation? Here? Because Sohan Mandami does not represent us and Andrew Como spends too much time in the Hamptons. You're the man of the streets, You're the man of the subways. That's why we've got a real great campaign. Now. I understand Eric was looking for a way out. Look that's his choice, but I am not looking for a way out. I've yet to receive any calls from anybody in the Trump administration or from the President himself. And Sean, you're as good as it gets when it comes to conveying a message. If asked if I would bow out or if I would accept the job out of state or at the White House, I would respectfully say I'd love to serve with the President under other circumstances. But I got to tell you my mission is to become mayor save this city so that next year we bring in at least staphonic to one two punch, and we saved the state and city like at one time. Remember Rudy Giuliani nineteen ninety two becomes the mayor and the following year George Battaki beats Mario Cuomo and we got the state and city back on track.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this because you told my friend Charlie Gasparino. No means no today because I guess you were texting with him or dming with him, and you in the New York Post today were quoted as saying, I am in this to the end. There is nothing, no circumstances at all, whatsoever, that would push you out of this race.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, San I could never step aside for Andrew no cash bail Cuomo. It was the no cash bail policy that led to the complete collapse of the criminal justice system and his continuing doubling down on that. He raised the age at eighteen so that if you're a juvenile.
Speaker 1: Committed Curtis, hang on at a stay on the Newsmaker line. If you don't mind, We're going to go to Gracie Mansion and check in with the current mayor, Eric Adams.
Speaker 2: Why.
Speaker 4: First of all, thanks for coming out into New York Kers. I want to speak directly to you. There has been so much speculation, communications, announcements of what I'm doing, no matter what I have stated over and over again publicly, so I want to be clear with you. Andrew Cuomo is a snaw and a liar. I am in this race and I'm the only one that can beat Mandonni Andrew has had a career of pushing black candidates out of races.
Speaker 1: You've heard me.
Speaker 4: Say it over again, Carl McCall, Charlie King, David Patterson. This is his career that must stop with me. This city can't go backwards, New Yorkers.
Speaker 5: This is a.
Speaker 4: City that I inherited, where crime was out of control, COVID, no one wanted to be on our subway system. We watched what happened in housing. The reason people I have in these conversations is because I made the city safe. I committed myself and dedicated myself to a city that I love, and I'm going to continue to do that.
Speaker 3: This polo shirt that I'm wearing that.
Speaker 4: Says Eric Adams, May of the City of New York, I'm gonna wear that for another four years. We can't go backwards. We can't have a city that's filled with encampments like I inherited. We can't have a city we're climbed and guns are on our streets like I inherited. We can't have a city. But unemployment was high across the city, but specifically all right.
Speaker 1: Back at the message here, I don't think there's any reason to stick with this press conference when we have Curtis Leewa. So you're not getting out. Adams is not getting out. Neither one of you are particularly fond of Andrew Cuomo, but it seems very personal for do Blasio in particular, and for Eric Adams not as personal for you, but you're not fond of him either. No, and in fact, oh, now we're having Curtis's celvone problems. You know, you can't make this stuff up. Welcome to live radio, ladies and gentlemen. We'll try and get Curtis back on, or he'll just call back on his own. I did not expect that because they made Linda, they made such a big deal over the fact that he was making this announcement, and it came suddenly, and he was supposed to make this announcement about forty five minutes ago. And I'm not sure if he waited for the President to finish his press conference or not. But the fact that he's staying in the race, I did not even believe by the way the New York Posts covering as much as I don't think Donald Trump, I think Donald Trump understands, you know, New York City politics is what it is. I mean even in the years with Woolman Ring, for example, Donald Trump was there and working with Ed Koch and the city was I mean, they were angry at the idea. They spent ten years and you know, tens of millions of dollars to build an ice skating rink. Donald Trump was looking down from his office every day rolling his eyes, thinking this is the dumbest thing I've ever seen in my life. He came in, got it an under budget, on time, and woman rink is you know, a famous ice skating rink in Central Park for kids in the in the winter time. Uh. And he became very well known for that, for getting things done because the city couldn't get it done on their own. Curtis you back more your reaction. Adam's not getting out, but more than where is. So I would think that everybody, the three of you would really be focusing, you know, your attention more on Marxist Kami Mamdani because I think he's a disaster for New York City and he does have a lead in the polls.
Speaker 3: You're absolutely right, Seahn, And in fact, with Built de Blasio emerging as the mentor and Bernie Sanders coming in to Brooklyn tomorrow to embrace Johan Mandami. I now can explain to the people who really don't know much about Johan Mandami. He's the new face. But we realize that build the Blasio destroyed our city in eight years and he was basic a quasi socialist communist. He loved the socialists and communists. So now you're want to have a zor on Mondamion steroids. Remember James call me how the left hated him, the right hated him. In New York City, the left hates Phil de Blasio, the right hates Buil de Blazio. He is the most loathed mayor in the history of New York City. And now I go on the full scale attack because I'm the only law and order Kennedy. I'm the only candidate of the three who believes that illegal aliens should not vote, we should not be a sanctuary city, and we're not just going to be locking up too face Sean. In my administration, we're locking up gang bangers and dougs. And if you come in and shoplift, you're going to jail, no doubt where. And we're going after Alvin Bragg and all these das we're naming and shaming them, and we're putting pressure. And like I said, I can pave the way because I win this year, at least the phonic wings. Next year, we bring the state back to reality so they don't have to escape. Not only the boarder Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina, Texas Tennessee. But we keep your areas red. It won't become purple, and we'll keep everyone blue in New York State and New York City. Shown I'll do that for you, well.
Speaker 1: I hope so for my friends like you that remain in New York City. So many people have left because of crime issues, quality of life issues, horrible schools, high taxes, burdens, some regulation, and all the things in between. I'm not sure if you read the article in the New York Posts today, mom Nani one on one, the pro crime agenda he won't disavow, and it goes into the history of his two you know, as a two term state assemblyman, and you know his defund dismantle no bail, reimagine the police identity that he has. He wants the full elimination of cash bail at taking the state's disastrous bail reform even further, by the way you can, I guess thank Andrew CuMo for that outright decriminalization of drug possession, prostitution, eliminating mandatory minimum sentences, retroactively lowering all maximum sentences, fighting construction of the Borough based jails to replace the soon to be closed Rikers Island. This guy doesn't want anybody in jail. What's gonna happen? And if this guy wins, God help New York City, nobody's gonna want to live there.
Speaker 3: Correct, It'll be the sequel to the escape from New York. Will have to call Kurt Russell out of retirement. There will be a Sean. I think you're right, person. They can stop this. These are Democrats, all three of them. You have Zorn Mandami the most extreme, but Eric Adams and Andrew Cuomo are Johann Light. They believe in the same things. It's the Democratic Party that has destroyed our state, destroyed our city, and they want to come and destroy a community, a city, a county, a state near you. I can stop them here with your help, with all of your listener's help, we stopped the socialists and communis anti semits in New York City and it will not begin to expand in other cities across America. And as I say, I swear to all of your listeners, you know, Curtis Leewa, over the years, I can do it, and at least the ponic becoming governor, it'll be a fabulous one two punch. Maybe the motivation to do that then in Illinois, in Massachusetts and California, so we can return sanity, law and order and safety to our country. People deserve that regardless of their politics, and the Democrats have forsaken them.
Speaker 1: They definitely have no doubt about it, Curtis. We're gonna watch it very closely. People want to get in touch with you. How do they do it?
Speaker 3: Just go to sliwa for NYC dot com That sliwa f o r NYC dot com. And I'm not getting out. I'm saving this city, Sean Hennity.
Speaker 1: All right, Curtis Lee. Where it's our hope that you do become the next mayor. You'd be the only one to clean it up for sure. Eight hundred nine four one. We mentioned it yesterday. We didn't have the audio of it yesterday. Squad leader AOC going after the likes of Hikeem Jeffries and Chucky Schumer for not supporting Marxist Kami Mamdani.
Speaker 5: Listen, because I am a Democrat, and what we do is that we use our primaries to settle our differences, and once we have a nominee, we rally behind that nominee. I am very concerned about the example that is being set by anybody in our party. I believe that we must set the example of supporting the party's nominee because it complicates that if an individual doesn't want to support the party's nominee now, it complicates their ability to ask voters to support any nominee later, whether that is mayoral, presidential, what have you. And so I think for the good of the party, we must put our different says aside and support our party's nominee.
Speaker 1: What if Chuck Schumer wants to support Andrew Como or Curtis leiwa, well, not Curtis, although he should if you want to really save New York City. Maybe the same thing with the King Jeffries. Maybe they both recognize that Marxist Kami Mumdani is going to backfire on the Democratic parties. I was discussing earlier in the show today, But definitely they are impotent when it comes to dealing with the radical base that has taken over their party. They live in a constant state of fear. If you don't think Chuck Schumer has one sleepless night after another. You can see the stress on his face because he knows if AOC primaries him, his career in DC is over, and it's very possible she may do it. Peter, California, the United Socialist utopia of Gavin Newsom, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Yes, oh, yes, Sean, I can't believe. It's crazy out there, crazy town. But I think a lot of it has to do in California anyway, with the opposing party, which is the Republican Party. And I think yesterday on display I felt it again nationally with the RFK Junior hearing. I'm you know, I thank god, thank god that JD. Vance came out immediately after and said that he called it what it was. It was pure political theater. Anybody watching that fiasco would see that it was so obvious, and then you know, he ultimately closed it by saying that the Democrats were full of Adam Schiff and it was perfect. However, my concern was Where were the Republicans on that committee. I mean, they were absolutely silent. The Crapo, Langford, Tillis, Bill Cassidy, John Barrosso, these guys were taking shots at RFK Jr.
Speaker 1: And I just, yeah, I got the distinct impression they don't understand RFK Jr. And frankly, it took me a little while, in fairness to get to understand him. And you got to understand one other thing, when when you talk about something like medicine, there is an institutionalist mindset. You know, they don't want to rock the boat. If somebody thinks outside the box, it's new to them. It is it is even iconoclastic and shocking to them. And I don't think they were hearing RFK yesterday. RFK is not taking away vaccines. He said it twenty times yesterday. People will have access to them, but they're also going to have access to information. So I kind of, you know, chalked it off to being that maybe I'm wrong, maybe you're right.
Speaker 2: We totally understand Sean. I'm also getting to understand, know and get familiar with urk jor what he stands for. I was watching your show last night. You had the FDA Commissioner Marty McCarey, and he was talking about what they're trying to accomplish is radical transparency. And I think in the data they're trying to get validity and what happened during COVID behind that. But to get radical transparency, you've got to have a team behind you that's that is going to fight to fight. I mean there's an entrenched radical bureaucracy there that's going to be fighting every single day. You cannot just sit back and basically say, well, r f K Junior from the Republicans, we're deeply concerned about what how you're approaching the the the vaccines, that is giving so much weaponry to a democratic party that all day traffic in our lives deception, and the media is right along with them.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: Political Today came out and said that the GOP was deeply concerned about how our FK Junior is approaching his job up and the Republican Party is just feeding into that. I'm just really tired of it, Jean. One thing I would say, one thing I would ask of you, and I may be wrong and you can disagree with me, but I would love, I would absolutely love to have you and other conservative media pundits challenge these guys, and you do it all the time, but when you're interviewing these people, just challenge him on this fact that they are and you've done it. But I really do think we need to press these Republicans that are that are weak. And John Thune, he's responsible for selecting these people. Where is his head at? Is he really truly supporting Trump? He says he does, But if it wasn't for Donald Trump and his cabinet, this country would be in serious trouble the Republican Party. I was so frustrated John, as I've been frustrated for years. I live out here in California. You can't believe I moved out here in nineteen eighty. It was a totally different world the Republican Party in California, and Harmy Dylan called them out. She'd said, they're very nice people, but they don't know what they're doing, and that the result of that is Orange County turned to where I live turned blue, which is in thirty five years, that was just unheard of here where I live.
Speaker 1: So it's just a theme.
Speaker 2: I know you understand that you've talked about all the time and you have guests that echo that. But that's my frustration.
Speaker 1: Sir Peter, you may be one of the smartest callers we've had a long time. You're very, very insightful. There are challenges when you have people, as I was saying, with this institutional mindset, it's very hard for them to think out of the box. That really is. You know, Donald Trump has made it easier for people to do so. If you look at a lot of his proposals, they're all out of the box, they're all new. He does things his own way. He's not an institutionalist, He's an outsider to get these people to get on board. You're right in your criticism. I don't disagree with you at all. I think is going to be a little bit of a heavy lift. And I think the way you do it is during elections. You know, you think about primarying some of these people, and you know the only reason the president is able to get them on board is they just fear him to be very blunt and they fear the wrath of him. And you know it takes that strong a personality to make it work.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, and it is working. I mean a Donald Trump has a huge following and we support him and we recognize as Republicans and citizens here that he's doing everything possible to save this country. I mean, I can't imagine with under the leadership of Waltz and Kamala Harris, where would this country be. So but the Republican Party needs to support this guy and they need to have this learn from him. Jadie Vance is learning from him. I mean I thought him coming back right away and saying that that was political theater, and basically it.
Speaker 1: Was even better than that. I thought he had the line of the day yesterday when when he came out and they and he talked about the left and how they you know, these are the same people that support, you know, off label use of of these medicines for kids. I thought it was pretty powerful.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, I mean, I'm glad he said he's in line here because I think he's he'd be a great follow on to Trump's leadership. He's learning from him from him, and I think he's got a lot of integrity, and that is the issue. The what I saw yesterday was I saw a party that is the Democratic Party lacks integrity. However, the silence of the Republican Party, you could say where's the integrity and that what did they stand for? And that is the problem. I think the whole key to living a good life and having character is integrity, and when it's missing, it's obvious. And I saw it yesterday. Obviously the Democratic Party has has they've they built their careers around deception and and and and they've been very effective with that, sadly, but you look at the Republican Party and their silence, you start to wonder what game are they truly playing? You know, are what did what is that all about? So you start questioning their uh, their integrity as well, and as a voter, as a citizen, it's discouraging. But we can't give up because we have a leader in the White House right now that is fighting for this country. So that that's that's all I have to say, Sean. I was thank you for having me on, but I was really really, uh really frustrated when I was watching this thing yesterday and following your show last night, listening to Martin McCarey and trying thinking about this a little bit more.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: That's my thoughts, and and we've got to pray for them, and you know, I mean that's.
Speaker 1: Well, look, I hope you can fix a place like California. I think New York City's too probably far gone. California is very far gone. But maybe when there's enough pain suffered by enough people, you know, maybe at that point people will open their eyes and realize that they can do a lot better. Peter appreciate it. You're always welcome in the Free State of Florida. I'll tell you that. Let's say hi to Brian in Illinois. Oh, how are you loving your your governor? JB. Pritzker. How do you like the mayor of Chicago, Brandon Johnson.
Speaker 6: I think they're.
Speaker 1: Oh, you think it's poso the clown? Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 6: That's a Robin Williams term. You know, they just think they're over the over their heads and tds.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: It is pathetic to see. I mean, you have fifty eight people shot, eight dead, and they seem to care. They could care less. They just want to oppose Trump.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: Even David Axelrod said they that Pritzker should be begging to partner with Trump to make Chicago safe. Although the problem with you know, David oxelrot Rod's argument is is I was calling this out all during the Obama years, and Obama I think mentioned Chicago two or three times in the violence there and didn't lift a finger to help anybody.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I thought mayor life life was bad. But this guy is, you know, totally off the deep end when he's complaining about uh, slavery built built Chicago and stuff. Not you be getting off the subject at hand about you know, to get people killed over the Halliday weekend. Yes, I agree, Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's sad. I mean, these these are lives. I believe every every single human soul has talent and ability that's God given. And you know that's that's indicated by the Latin deriv derivative or education to bring forth from within. Guess what, You can't pursue happiness if you don't have law and order and safety and security. It is, as I've been saying and repeating, I.
Speaker 6: Hope Illinois not too far gone.
Speaker 1: Well, why why do you stay? I asked people all the time in these deep blue states. What you know obviously you're out of sync with the rest of your state politically. Why do you stay?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 6: Family, my daughter and granddaughters are living and son in law living live in the state downstate is so much different than the rest of the of the North of I eighty, I get it.
Speaker 1: But you're still paying those taxes. You still, you know, have that that governor as your governor. Look, I'm not, I'm not. I would never question anybody's choices. I had to stay in New York much longer than I wanted to, you know, for family reasons. But as soon as I could break free, man, I couldn't get out the door fast enough. Listen, I gotta run, my friend. God bless you, Brian, and God bless Illinois. You definitely need our prayers for sure. Fight Hannity Tonight, nine Eastern on the Fox News Channel. We'll check you in with the Attorney General of the United States, Pam Bondy tonight, Miranda Divine, Jason Chaffitz, John Solomon for all of those commutations and pardons invalid. We have a report also James Comer, LJ. Lawrence Jones tonight. And we have gubernatorial candidates in Virginia, Win Some Sears and Jack Chittarelli of New Jersey. Do they have a chance to win a blue and a purple state? Nine Eastern tonight, Hannity, Fox will see then back here on Monday. Have a great weekend,