Speaker 1: Second date up dated.
Speaker 2: I just saw a dating study that found eighty six percent of women who make the first move will end up marrying that person who isn't that crazy.
Speaker 1: On me recently? This is great. Guys.
Speaker 2: If you ever see a girl walking towards you at a bar making eye.
Speaker 1: Contact, you need to run, okay.
Speaker 2: Or throw a glass of beer against the wall, pull the fire alarm, whatever distraction you need to make, because if she does successfully make contact, science says you're about to be tied to that woman.
Speaker 1: For reference, No, let me bring it up.
Speaker 2: Because one of our listeners, Julia, says that she recently made the first move on a guy for you, and now she needs our help. So Julia, can I assume you're also ready to walk down the aisle with him and.
Speaker 3: Say I do my gosh, yes, yes?
Speaker 4: Did you really just agree to that, Julia?
Speaker 1: Julia?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 4: Is she being sarcastic? Are you being sarcastic?
Speaker 1: No? Not?
Speaker 3: I mean I'm getting older and I also saw this study and I was like, you know what, I'm going to make it happen. I'm gonna be more proactive, all right?
Speaker 1: So who was your victim?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 1: So good choice of words there.
Speaker 3: I was going out with my girlfriend and I have this thing that I do where I go up to a guy and I'll ask him to take a photo of us. Okay, yes, dude, you're going to be a good photo.
Speaker 1: But that doesn't sound like it's the point. Is not a photo. Yeah, he's going to delete it immediately.
Speaker 2: But it helps you, like have a good icebreaker, I guess, in order to meet him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly. And I think this was the third time I had done this, and we had this kind of chemistry, kind of awkward chemistry, but you can see, Okay, you guys.
Speaker 4: Are in a bar, he takes your photo.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So then I was like, oh, he already has my phone. I was like, do you wanna go for pie? And he was like what I thought we were going to say?
Speaker 4: Put your phone number in my son?
Speaker 2: Have we even have we even learned what his name is yet? Or are you just immediately asking him out to pot?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: We did names first.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, what is his name?
Speaker 3: Travis?
Speaker 1: Travis? Travis?
Speaker 4: Is the pie move what you did on the other two guys too?
Speaker 3: No, No, this was a new one for me. I was like, I saw the viral video of this cute little pie shop in our area, I don't think.
Speaker 1: Okay, but you're at a bar.
Speaker 4: Is it open still like pie shops are usually.
Speaker 3: We got our numbers and we were texting back and forth.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're not doing pie that night, you're asking for a later date.
Speaker 1: You can meet up and get pot Okay, Yes, So.
Speaker 3: I picked him up because I was the one that suggested the dates.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the leaders, she knows where the pie is. Okay.
Speaker 3: And we come upon this house and I was like, this can't be it. We made a wrong turn at a house. Yeah, at a house, like a cute house with a porch. And then I see this little sign It says pies and with the arrow, and I was like, huh, this must be it.
Speaker 4: Oh my god. It feels even more.
Speaker 1: Legit now speak easy pie shop. That's awkward, weird? Oh, I think it's so exciting.
Speaker 2: You're just gonna walk into somebody's house and ask for her pies food.
Speaker 3: This is like when a grandma has tamales on the side of the wall.
Speaker 1: You want to buy those tamales.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 2: I can't believe you guys think this is so normal to just have a pie shop inside of somebody's home.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's normal. That's why I want the address to be able to go myself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, what is it like inside? Was it sketch?
Speaker 3: We opened the door? Yeah, and it's a living room full of pies because like, I bet that smells.
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: And what is there like an employee there that's there to like help you pick out your pie?
Speaker 4: Employee?
Speaker 3: That was the weird part. There was no one there.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, So you broke into someone's empty home and stole their pies.
Speaker 4: Actually at this point, yeah, there was a sign jef it's legit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as long as there's a welcome mat on the ground anywhere, any house, you can go into. My idea, this is sketchy. It's a pie with an arrow. Okay, So what do you do now that you're in this living room full of pies?
Speaker 3: Well, we're looking around, we're getting a little freaked out a little bit, and then we see this sign that says honor system. Yeah, okay, I go back to my car, gets the stag because we bought three three pie pies.
Speaker 1: Wow, a lot of pie? So do you take the pie?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you take the pies out? Like what do you do? Where do you eat them?
Speaker 3: Yeah? They had these plastic forks theras. Then I'll say, okay, well, I guess we'll just eat in the car, like because there's nowhere to sit.
Speaker 2: Wait, now you're having car pie.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I think it's really cute and romantic romantic state.
Speaker 1: Maybe for women, this is sounding very romantic.
Speaker 2: As a guy, I don't know if this is the hottest date I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: Romantic.
Speaker 3: It's fun.
Speaker 2: It is fun again for women, that sounds like a great time. I'm just not a sit in a car eat pie type of ga. But how did it go with you and Travis eating car pie?
Speaker 3: It was a little awkward?
Speaker 4: Okay? Why Why was it awkward.
Speaker 3: Because both of us are holding a pie and like eating it with a plastic fork?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, I mean did it end like did you eat the whole pie?
Speaker 3: No? The problem I actually didn't really know how to end it, so I just went back to the beginning of how we first met, and I was like, can you take a picture of me eating this pie? That kind.
Speaker 1: I want to see this photo so bad. How did he react? Is it important?
Speaker 3: He was like, oh my gosh, yeah, it.
Speaker 4: Sounds like there was like a brief, awkward moment, like, it's not like he didn't do anything either.
Speaker 1: Sure, so how is it between you and Travis now?
Speaker 3: Question? Well, I dropped him on and I texted him and spent like cordial, but nothing like, Hey, let's go on another date.
Speaker 4: Okay, you should take him on a pastry tour of the city.
Speaker 1: I think we've had. You've done enough of like the bakery theme for once. Yeah, maybe just like Netflix and chill or a bar and like, I don't know, maybe more like a normal date.
Speaker 3: I can't even get him to ask me for another date, so let's just start there.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll see what he has to say when we come back and give him a call and try and get you your second date update a la mode right after that.
Speaker 1: Okay, second date update.
Speaker 2: You know what's more romantic than a quaint little pie shop in someone's empty living room?
Speaker 1: What, yeah, is taking.
Speaker 2: Those pies and walking twenty feet outside to the driveway and eating them in your car with plastic forks. Sounds like a scene from the TLC show My four hundred Pounds Life.
Speaker 1: Yes, but it's not.
Speaker 2: It's actually a date that our listener Julia went on with a guy named Travis, and she probably ended up throwing up from eating so much pie. And she didn't say that, but we do know that the guy she went out with is not initiating another hangout, which is.
Speaker 1: Disappointing to her. So she's turned to us for a little bit of help.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, have you texted him or anything? You said you talked a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's just kind of neutral. Hmmm.
Speaker 4: Did you introduce him to the best pie of his life and you get neutrality back?
Speaker 1: How dare he?
Speaker 3: I mean, he didn't go off on the pie like I did. I was like, Wow, this cherry delicious, and he was like, yeah, it's pretty good.
Speaker 4: Oh pretty good.
Speaker 1: You maybe a food and he's not.
Speaker 2: We're gonna find out when we call Travis right now. Hopefully he answers the phone and has some explanation.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I want to know.
Speaker 3: I want to know what's up because I can fix whatever the problem is.
Speaker 1: You can. Yeah, I like it. I like that attitude.
Speaker 4: That's attitude.
Speaker 1: I just hope his mouth isn't full when he picks up the phone. Here we go.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna dillas number right now. Hello, Hey, is this Travis? Yes, May I ask yes, you may. Thank you for asking permission for that. My name is jeff and I'm part of a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: In the Morning. And you are on that radio show right now.
Speaker 3: What what can I do for it?
Speaker 2: I was wondering, have you heard of a segment that we do on the radio sometimes called audio first Nobody?
Speaker 4: Nobody has heard of.
Speaker 2: Well, it's a great segment. You should listen to our podcast sometime at Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 4: But that's not that's not the segment you're on, Travis.
Speaker 2: We're doing a less fun segment than that called second Date Updates.
Speaker 1: Or or most Successful. But that's okay.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, but this is where we try and help out our listeners if they've gone out with somebody and they're not getting a call back afterwards, we try to help figure out the reason why.
Speaker 5: Well, okay, I'm a little little confused here, but yeah, I get.
Speaker 2: But really, to make it really simple, you went out with someone who really likes you and you haven't organized a second date yet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and she's just wondering if maybe you're not interested, or if it's something maybe she could fix.
Speaker 1: Her name's Julia, Oh god, all right, that's a reaction. Yeah, I'm trying to read what you meant by that. What what did you think of Julia?
Speaker 5: I mean she was nice and all nice? Yeah, I mean it was definitely a first Well.
Speaker 1: The part of your date.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing, man, she told us about what you guys did on your date.
Speaker 1: Go into the house that was a shop.
Speaker 4: It was like famous on TikTok and it was just like an honor system sitch.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was definitely a first time for that.
Speaker 1: I've never well, that's good.
Speaker 2: I would hope you don't go into a lot of random people's homes and take the pith.
Speaker 4: Was that kind of cool or what'd you think?
Speaker 3: No? I was like, what is going on here?
Speaker 1: It was just weird and no one was home.
Speaker 5: I feel like even though we left the right amount of money, I felt like I was feeling that ladies' pies right off the window.
Speaker 1: Still.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, and Julia was beat adventurous, try and set the new.
Speaker 3: That's definitely new.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Well, clearly that made you very uncomfortable. Was that more uncomfortable than going and eating car pie?
Speaker 1: Because we heard about that too about the city.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, like you can find a park. You got a picnic bench, real, you know, like that's final. When Nigo we were eating them in the car.
Speaker 4: Well, then why didn't you suggest that you could change something? I mean, if that was an idea of yours, why didn't you say, hey, you know what this is, it's fun, let's go somewhere and eat these.
Speaker 5: Because it was her date, she picked all of this stuff. I'm not going to sit here and be like, all right, let's completely change your date. You know that you had planned out for us, but she wants you to have.
Speaker 4: A good time, Like she didn't realize that you weren't having a good time.
Speaker 5: I mean, it was definitely all right, but then it went from awkward to worst and.
Speaker 1: Oh why yow what?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 5: She asked me for some reason to take a picture with her and this pie, and I'm like, okay, So she hands me her phone and then I get her phone and I accidentally hit this picture square on the side. She's got another picture with some.
Speaker 1: Dude eating cake. What I'm like, what is going on here? A slice of take or a whole cake? Hit the whole cake.
Speaker 3: In front of them, and I'm like, yo, this is like this.
Speaker 4: Girl's think wait, wait, wait, wait, wait a friend, a brother you don't know? Thank you, alexis you don't know anything about it?
Speaker 1: Did you ask her?
Speaker 5: No, I don't want to know who she's eating other confections.
Speaker 2: I can understand why you would feel uncomfortable, but maybe there's a better explanation for it, and we can actually get that right now from Julia, who I need to let you know is on the other line listening to this.
Speaker 3: Great Hi, I'm a little confused, like we were having fun.
Speaker 2: Well, I think the part that he's upset about is the other dude with a full cake?
Speaker 1: Is that? Who is that?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: I mean, this is what I don't get with people who are dating, like we're not exclusive. When you go on the dating apps, you're dating other people and then people get pissed off and you're dating other people.
Speaker 4: It's like, I don't think he's mad that he's dating other people. I think that maybe he feels like you're running a baked good game on no guys, you know, it's like if you saw a guy's picture taking someone else to the same place he took you, like that would feel at him.
Speaker 3: Listen, I'm trying to get out there by somebody that I can eat high with and right now with you, Travis, Like, I'm looking to get married like I want to kids, I want to have a life like I'm not around here.
Speaker 1: That's a lot.
Speaker 4: So let's tell a guy I don't know at least, But isn't it aren't you appreciative of when people tell you like then.
Speaker 1: It's not going to be a suppri if they tell me that.
Speaker 4: They've wasted nine months when they're ready to get married Jeff spoiler.
Speaker 1: Guys don't like to hear I want to marry you one day in Well.
Speaker 3: You know what, I know what I want. I know what I want. I don't even know her last name. You don't need to, because if I took anybody's last name would be your.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you already know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I guess it's a good conversation.
Speaker 1: Like, are you guys on the same plane and your dating life?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 4: Is that something you're looking for right now?
Speaker 1: Travis? Is marriage?
Speaker 5: I mean eventually, but not on the first date and not?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Good, Well we're going to step away so that you can officially propose to her right now.
Speaker 1: Travis, are yours? Whatever you want to say? Everyone this is romantic. Hold on, there.
Speaker 5: Ain't nothing coming from me on this side.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 4: I think you should give her some grace here, Like she gets nervous. It's hard to approach people and ask them out and go on dates and come up with the ideas.
Speaker 1: As a guy, you should know that.
Speaker 4: Like, so, she has a plan and it has been working for.
Speaker 1: Her, and no one really sticks to one person.
Speaker 4: She's not playing you or anything. She told you exactly what she's looking for.
Speaker 5: The picture was from two days prior.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, well it didn't work out, did it. I mean, I wouldn't be dating you if it worked out.
Speaker 2: And Julia, well, Julia has not asked us to call the cake guy or the Kish guy or any of the other guys that she's taking photos within her phone.
Speaker 5: How many guys does she withing?
Speaker 4: Oh gosh, wow?
Speaker 3: Well how many girls are you with? How many girls are you dating?
Speaker 2: These are great questions to ask each other on your second date.
Speaker 1: How many girls are you dating? Romantic? Or after you say I do whatever it is, we wouldn't like you are not setting her up for success. We're kidding too much.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I'm just gonna ask because we're running out of time here, Travis, would you like to meet up with Julia one more time and we will pay for that next date.
Speaker 1: I'm good, dude.
Speaker 5: There's gotta be some muffin guy out there.
Speaker 1: And out there, so it's a no. You're intimidated by the other guys in.
Speaker 3: The band, Judge, intimidated by Pie.
Speaker 5: It's just weird that she's got confessions with every guy and too how she wants to marry me.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yoh, I say girls to dinner. It's a dinner over and over again.
Speaker 4: She doesn't want to marry you right now. She just wants to get married.
Speaker 1: It's her goal.
Speaker 3: I mean, I know what I want. Like, you're not going to find a lot of girls and.
Speaker 2: Cake and as much sugar as possible. Well, look, I'm sorry, Julia. It sounds like it's going to be a no from Travis.
Speaker 3: Wow, Okay, we'll have fun with the girl who doesn't know what she wants.
Speaker 1: I think he actually will.
Speaker 4: Boy, is it rude if I ask for those addresses to the pie.
Speaker 5: I'm definitely always thinking of you when I eat.
Speaker 4: Pieing Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: I mentioned that a lot of guys get scared off immediately if they hear a woman say to them that she's ready to get married, And I just I want to finish my thought on that real quick, because I well, I understand that instinct to immediately pull back at the mere mention of marriage. But I think that just because a woman knows that she wants that doesn't mean it's a big red flag and that she's completely obsessed and has a wedding dress ready in her car and you got to run.
Speaker 1: Validating It. Might just mean that.
Speaker 2: She's confident in who she is right now and knows exactly what she's working towards, and that might actually be a good thing and what a guy needs in his life right now.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: I mean, if anything, this call highlights the downside of meeting someone in person, because if they'd met on a dating app, he'd already know that she wants marriage and kids in a pantry full of pastry.
Speaker 1: She would have posted it right there.
Speaker 2: So I think the lesson here is don't meet people in person.
Speaker 1: That's a weird way to get there. I don't think that's okay, what's the lesson? There's a lesson. I think that they weren't right for each other. I think that's all there is to it.
Speaker 4: Okay, communication, we can go with yourself as funny as yours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay to share it.
Speaker 2: But the thing is we are always willing to be on your side and help you with your love life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no matter how dire it.
Speaker 4: May, see, dude, And if it doesn't work out, I'll come and meet you for cake and eat some Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's a more loser situation.
Speaker 1: It almost seems like a threat from I really like to make good. Yeah, but we will.
Speaker 2: We will come help you whatever you need, especially call that person who's.
Speaker 1: Not calling you back. Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.