Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Coveno and Rich podcast.
Speaker 2: Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Find your local station for Coveno on.
Speaker 2: Rich at Foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app like searching FSR.
Speaker 1: Hey, that's us, and we are on and we are live on a hump day. It's gonna be a hump night.
Speaker 2: Yeah bro Wednesday. On Friday, it was a hump midday. Oh little tmi hell Broadcasting line from the Fox Sports Radio studio. If you notice Rich's mustache, yeah, that's probably why he's getting his hump ong.
Speaker 1: Who are you?
Speaker 2: Ned Lasso, Ned Lasso, Ned Lasso and Covino, Covino and Lasso. Remember if you want to see the stupid mustache, I mean Rich in us YouTube dot com at Covino and Rich FSR. So, so thank you for rocking out with us. We are streaming live. You can watch what you hear. You can see Rich's stash, Oh Covin and Rich FSR. And today we give away prizes. We got Mike's heartfelt Wednesday Words of Wisdom and Who's gonna be throwing down some midweek major. Is that Iowa Sam again? Is it Sammy? Sweetheart?
Speaker 1: Sammy? I can't wait? That's me still working on midweek major. It's been a very busy day. We will have it ready. You better get on it.
Speaker 2: So these are the biggest stories in the world of sports and pop culture. We do that every Wednesday, and we decide are these stories mid as? The kiddos say, mediocre mid week or major stories. We'll figure it out together. Plus Danny G is here super producing. Thank you Danny G for everything. Eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox, Dan Byer's hanging out.
Speaker 1: Well, we got a lot to get to. We're gonna talk about.
Speaker 2: Interrupting farts. There's a funny NBA story we're gonna talk about. There's an old radio rule, Rechie never lead with the fart story. Big Mike say, yeah, yeah, we'll get to that. Can't lead with farts, guys, which is like, it does my world upside down because I always lead with farts. But Mike says, no, okay, guys, bed radio radio rule lead with farts. So interrupting farts of the NBA. There's a fun list we're gonna have you guys play along? Can you guess what they consider the greatest NFL nicknames of all time.
Speaker 1: We'll get to that.
Speaker 2: But there's a lot of people trashing Los Angeles, California, Danny, all the articles, all the prep We said to each other, there was a trend.
Speaker 1: There was a commonality.
Speaker 2: Between a bunch of the stories and they were all sort of poo pooing on Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a running theme.
Speaker 3: I screenshot this one, then that one, and then wait, this is the third one today talking s about LA.
Speaker 2: Well, they're officially the evil Empire. And I'll start with my boy first, okay, and you could talk about PCA, start with the wikies. I'll start with my guy, jazz Chism the New York Weeks. Jazz Chism says, I'd go to the angel did you Keith hernandezn't call him Chazzichism. No, you're just thinking in the gutter with that mustache, you creep. I'd go to the Angels before I go to the Dodgers, he says. I'd want to go and win by myself. I'd rather build my roof than go to the Dodgers. That's Jazz Chisholm Junior on the possibility of getting free agency and offer from the Dodgers. Again, that's the hypothetical if it were to happen. He says he'd rather bro build the team than go on an existing winning team.
Speaker 1: Well he wouldn't be expected to win.
Speaker 2: Uh but oh yo, this is absurd. I want to call out oh jazz jazz chism, because this is I get what he's saying, because this is this.
Speaker 1: Is an old school sentiment.
Speaker 2: This is a world where players used to say things like well, I'm gonna go there and I'm gonna be part of the solution and I'm gonna build a team, and that old mindset of like you know what, No, it's appealing, Dan Bayer, Danny g everyone will back me up. Remember back in the day, there was like allure to like, maybe I'll be the quarterback that turns around the Cleveland Browns. Maybe I'll be the guy that turns around said bunk franchise. And then suddenly, but surely, you realize not just on a room, to your career. So I have a new found I want to say respect, but I have a new found understanding of why Kyle Tucker could be the catalyst or the one person or one thing that turns it around. But you can also be Mike trout Right. You can also be the one guy playing on the Angels for a Dodo team. You gotta be Lebron James to make the Cleveland Cavaliers a winner in Lebron's youth and prime. My point being Kyle Tucker, Edwin Diaz. You know guys that go to big market teams. Can you blame them? Because, as Big Mike said in our pre show meeting, when they retired, no one never criticizes oh Man, but they they were on a good team. No, if you're on a good team, you're on a good team. Like that's I mean, don't want to be a good team. There's the old sentiment of if you can't beat them, join them, right, how do you feel about that, because it seems like people don't hesitate to join the Dodgers nowadays. Jazz is saying otherwise. And it's the big fish little pond theory, you know, it's would you rather be the big fish in a little pond or the small fish in a big pond sort of deal. That's really what it comes down to. And Jazz Chisholm is saying straight up, you know, I'd rather be the big fish in the smaller pond. I'd rather be the star of the Angels than be just another player on the Dodgers, who you know already are championship caliber team. I'd rather be the guy that makes the difference in joining the winning team. And this is a very relatable sentiment, not just in sports, right, I mean in life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what are your thoughts in career and anything you do?
Speaker 2: You know, there's two examples I could think about just from being a regular dude. When I play rex sports. There are teams I play on where I'm the best on the team. They call you wreck itt Rich. Right, if I'm batton third and playing shortstop every game, it's not the best team. I'm good, But like that means it's not the best team when there's guys that are younger and guys that are fresh out of college on a softball team I'm on, and it's like, eh, Rich, you're betting seventh and you're playing third base or your left field.
Speaker 1: I almost feel like, all right, that's a really good team.
Speaker 2: Then, yeah, but you want to be part best on your team? Is a good feeling and I'm just playing devil's advocation. I know it is a good feeling and it's good for the ego, but is it small time thinking?
Speaker 1: Is the question?
Speaker 2: Like jas Chishom's a great example. If he were on the Angels, he's the star. But it's not like he's playing for a slubby team. He's playing for the New York Yankees. Right, So this once again proves that the Dodgers really are the evil Empire when you got a New York Yankee and Joss Chishum's saying, Nah, I wouldn't play for them, I'd rather play for the Angel.
Speaker 1: So ask yourself this. We do.
Speaker 2: A sports talk radio show, a podcast for years now, isn't there something to be said about we're sort of like on the Dodgers. We're on a network where I'd like to think we're number three to Colin Cowherd and Dan Patrick.
Speaker 1: Hey, dude, I heard one number one according to my mom. Your mom said, okay, thought so I talked to her today. She said, we're the best, Steven, You're number one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she said, we're the best show on But we are on a network that's stacked, right. Would you would you want that would you want to be on like the Bunk Sports Radio Network and Cavino and Rich are like the only show they have. That's good, you know when you put it that way, and it's a great way to look at it. Put yourself in that situation when Rich positions it that way. Yeah, I'd rather be with the best. That'd rather be part of the best lineup, the premier sports lineup in the nation. As they say, just reading the sign. I'm reading the sign right here because it's true. Fox Sports Radios lineup is stacked. I'm proud to be a part of that. As opposed to being the biggest show on the Bunk Radio network. This network has legitimate shows around the clock. And by the way, he doesn't that also motivate you, like it doesn't mean you have to still be the third best, right or just part of the lineup.
Speaker 1: You're there, you continue to build from there.
Speaker 2: Just because you played for the Dodgers doesn't mean you don't you can't be the best guy on the team. Right, you're playing with the best, do you still try to be the best? Can you give me an example? Think about it, NBA, NFL, Major League Baseball. I'm leaving out hockey because I just don't know it.
Speaker 1: I'll be honest.
Speaker 2: Can you think of a star player at a college out of the draft that made such an impact where they took their crappy team and immediately.
Speaker 1: Made them a contender.
Speaker 2: Where some guy went to a cleave with the difference, Like I think Steph Curry changed the culture in gold State. Now you could say Clay and Draymond, they had other pieces, but Steph Curry took a Golden State Warriors team as the joke when Danny Tanner in full house was the only Golden State Warrior fan. You know, remember when you played NBA jam you like you had friends that are like is Golden State?
Speaker 1: Like where's that? Where is that? It's like Chris Mullin was.
Speaker 2: The only guy you know hardaway there were Golden State was put on the map by Steph. The Cleveland Cavaliers weren't sniffing any success until Lebron came there.
Speaker 1: Does that be a player?
Speaker 2: Because isn't that story of Vince Lombardi, Like didn't he sort of changed the whole culture of Green Bay?
Speaker 1: Vince lent Bard. Isn't the story like the job?
Speaker 2: Didn't he take the job and the whole fable is that he didn't know where Green Bay, Wisconsin was. Yeah, look, he became legends. So just put that in your pipe and smoke on it for a minute. You can become the legend. But do you understand there, Like if if based on Jazz Chishom's theory, if he's the one guy that could change the franchise, man, and you're forever remember. But there's my point is we just named If you're the guy on the Dodgers, you're just part of the store. We just named five le We can name five or less people in the last hundred years of sports. So my point is it's a little ego centric when a quarterback's like, I want to go to the Browns or imagine right now, Danny g be honest with me, do you think there is someone that thinks I the ego would be speaking. I could go to the Jets and I'm the difference maker. Aaron Rodgers probably thought that. Yeah, a lot of people probably thought that.
Speaker 3: It's probably a little far fetched thinking now, but yeah, when Aaron Rodgers first went there, that was what he was thinking. For sure, has to be a super alpha dog.
Speaker 2: I think that, well, I hate I feel bad saying this, but I feel like it. I feel that doesn't mean it's true in my mind it is, but I feel this started with the NBA.
Speaker 1: I really do like if you.
Speaker 2: Can't beat them, join them sort of mentality, And I think, what's what we used to frown upon? That sentiment has been come accepted and a smarter way to think, like, hey, man, are you in this to win? Are you in this for yourself and your legacy? And if you're in this to win, then yeah, if you can't beat them, to join them is an acceptable way to be. But remember that used to be a frowned upon philosophy and mentality like joining them you could argue, you could argue back in the eighties and nineties. And I know the NBA, man, they got such are they? They're hung up on this like you know back in the day, like when you know Ewing was on the Knicks, ballone was on the.
Speaker 1: Jazz stas on the Suns with that team.
Speaker 2: That's why Alan Iverson said publicly, that's why they frowned the old crew, the old heads frown upon the new school ways of thinking because back then, whatever team you were on, you hated the other teams and you wanted to win with your team. You were loyal to that team. Nowadays he's pros ainct loyal. So you remember, like that philosophy used to be frowned upon. Now it's just accepted. I mean, just how it is because you only get such a certain amount of time. You can only get a certain amount of window to win in the league and to make it happen. So like you kind of get it. If you can't beat them, join up. Used to be a loser mentality, And now we're kind of telling you what used to be a loser mentality is the winning mentality. Can't beat them, join them? Yes, okay with me. That used to be a loser mentality. I just want to make that clear. So that's where jazz is coming from. It's like how nerd became the new cool. Yes, like things change. Remember you go back to your old college town. The bars that were cool are now the bars are now the cool bars. Yeah, but you know what the winning mentality was, Yeah, if you can't beat them, join them, that's losers. No, you try to beat them, you don't join them, you try to beat them. I mean, so I respect where it's coming from. It's just the dated mindset. Would you say the last of the last of these we're forgetting? Is I mean, I know they had success, you know when we were before we were born and were little babies. The Milioak Bucks Yiannis. I mean that team was really sort of a a nothing team and Giannis wins an NBA title for Milwaukee.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like that's why. That's example.
Speaker 2: I think that was an extra level of props people gave him because it's like, Yo, he's stayed in Milwaukee, and that's why I think people understand if he wants to leave now.
Speaker 1: The dude paid his dues.
Speaker 2: So what do you think about the again new philosophies that we've accepted throughout the years. You can't beat them, join them. And the next story involves PCA. Again, it's a lot of hate against the Dodgers today as we approach the World Baseball Classic and Baseball starting next month.
Speaker 1: Spring training is already here that people hate LA.
Speaker 2: It's like eighty and Sonny not much to hate right now. Well, PCA also talking smack. PCA met prospect that they just sort of gave away. But hey, Chicago, Cubby, he was getting some buzzy the other day by saying that Cubs fans given us they aren't just baseball fans who go to the game like Dodgers fans to take pictures. They don't pay attention, saying Dodgers fans are sort of, you know, show up when they want, casual fans. And I'm not gonna lie to you. He's saying Cubs fans pay attention to the game. They're not just there for the for the Graham and to say they were like Dodgers fans, while the Dodgers are a dynasty that we're seeing before our eyes. Rodgers set a record in attendance last year with four million tickets bought. I agree, But isn't there a party that does feel like they are a little casual Dodgers fans. Yeah, yes, absolutely no. Knock on you, Danny. I think it's a West coast East coast thing, Danny. I mean, it's not as intense as.
Speaker 1: I see how you say that.
Speaker 3: But there's there's also some fans that are true baseball fans.
Speaker 1: You're one of them.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying I'm not comparing it to the East coast West coast hip hop battles of the nineties. But there is a battle of like how sports fans react east coast, west coast. And I'm fascinated that during baseball season. We grew up in New York sports radio, TV, people we talk constantly about all the time, Met Yankees, Mett Yanks, met Janki's out here people will casually be like, Okay, may go to the Dodgers next week, show up in the third inning, leave before the traffic, and then then they zone in when it's playoff time.
Speaker 1: There's a lot to do.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of competition with your money, your entertainment dollars, and there's people there that have the money to go to those games where the real fans can't get in because they don't have the money.
Speaker 2: You see a lot of our very own Jason Stewart posted this right, he goes, so let me get this straight out of the four million tickets bought to see the Dodgers, people are paying ridiculous costs of parking and beer and food, waited in two hours in their car to leave the parking lot, all just to take pictures. He's saying, No, we're legitimate fans out here rooting on the Dodgers, I think. But you're talking about Jay stew and Danny g sports fans, the guys that work in sports radio, guys that I know are die hard. There's a lot of people that casually go to I think there's more I'm going to casually take my company's tickets and go to the Dodgers game than other big teams. I just think based on all this, it's proof today that the Dodgers are really the evil Empire because we come at least I come from a place of yeah, I get it, but you know what, they're doing good business. They're putting money back into their own team.
Speaker 3: And to be fair, there's sideline citters in New York City as well who just want to be seen by the cameras.
Speaker 2: It happens in all big cities. It happens everywhere. It's just a culture. Especially with young people. It's all about them and less about the game. It's all about look at me and look where I'm at, as opposed to really caring. You know how, we would always judge that on the East Coast. Let me take you to New York Crist second, Danny. Depending on what team's doing better, and I hate to say it, a lot, a lot of the time it was Yankees better looking crowd. It's a true story. Whatever team is doing better has better looking fans, and it just shows like what's the hotter, cooler thing to go to when the Mets have little moments of like, ooh, the Mets are looking good, the fans look better. But it's hard to hate on something that's working. Dodgers are making lots of money, putting it back into the team, and they're getting hate for it. They're getting hate for it. So what are your thoughts? Eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox, We're giving you ours and again the accepted way of thinking today of you can't beat them, join them. What do you think about it? So that's old school, Like I think mocking that as old school. I think it's it's a stret up. Hey can't beat them. Hey, you want to win a ring, you want to be surrounded by winners, have your agent call them. But it is an easier path to victory. Yeah, But then I think that's what Jazz is getting at. I could rather be an Angel than be a Dodger, But I'll be honest, at this stage of the game, when you're a professional making a ton of money, I know that competitive spirits there, but isn't there a party that's like, Eh, you know what some of these guys like, I'm making so much money, I really want to win.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 2: When you put it in like I said, perspective of who would I rather play for the Bunk radio network or a Fox Sports radio network, of course I'd.
Speaker 1: Rather it socks. You want to be surrounded by the winners. Yeah, just trying to give you the flip side of it as well.
Speaker 2: You know what would be an interesting field study this year Luis Robert Junior on the Mets, because that guy had all the promise in the world and for the last two years he sort of faded away a little bit. And you could argue, is it because he was just on the White Sox in a lineup with no one? Like would you be shocked if that guy showed up big time? Because it's like, now he's on a team that could actually compete. I'm really intrigued to see how he does because I think sometimes it even determines your vibe, your attitude, everything. So you're saying where you think you would shine the brightest, you actually don't shine at all because there's no one there complimenting man like I said, it's a Cleveland Browns quarterback position. Time after time, some college kids like, I'll be the guy because who wouldn't want it? Your ego tells you I want to be the guy. There's going to be someone that eventually wins in Cleveland, and everyone's like, I want to be that guy because then all of a sudden you're just the man.
Speaker 1: But you know what cooler to do it somewhere else? If you asked me? All right?
Speaker 2: More Coveno on Rich More fun Today, We're gonna do MIDWEK major with I was Sam. We got micswords of wisdom. We're gonna talk about interrupting farts of the NBA and some NFL nicknames. A lot of fun on a random Wednesday. Cavino on Rich on Fox Sports Radio. Ready to tackle your financial goals with WEE Bowl. You don't have to sit on the sidelines, whether you're a rookie or pro. We boll puts you in the game with tools to help you make the moves you want. Trade stocks, options and et apps, or play the long game with cash management and retirement accounts, all on one platform. We bowls app pairs advanced analytics or real time data, so you could read the defense, adjust your strategy, stay in the no, stay in control.
Speaker 1: And now you can meet.
Speaker 2: Vega, the AI market assistant. You could say things like analyze my watch list or what's the outlook for the stock? And by the way, pretty nice day on the market today, so hopefully everyone did well. Get real time analysis, volatility insights, and if you want a wider review of the field, you could use portfolio x A spot trends, manage risk and optimize the performance of your portfolio. Stop punting your financial future. Join Weebo's community to discuss markets, trending topics and ideas with fellow investors. Download the Weeble app today on mobile or desktop at w e b U l L, or visit weebel dot com.
Speaker 4: We both Financial LLC member SIPC FENRA Investing involves risk. For more information, visit weeple dot com slash disclosures.
Speaker 2: You really got to put yourself in the old school mindset rich to understand what we're talking about. I think we've moved on so quickly. Mindside, I have a mustache today, I'm already there. No, it's true, because think about it think of an opposing team, or an opposing gang, or an opposing anything company. Right, they were the enemy, so you don't play for the enemy. And that's how it was forever up until an hour fifteen years ago, maybe ten years ago, a sudden it's, hey, you know what, I realized.
Speaker 1: If you can't beat them, join them. It's not so bad.
Speaker 2: But you realize that it's a winning formula and it kind of works, and we've accepted it. So I don't hate on Jazz Chisholm for what he's saying. It's just an old school way of thinking. In today's game. He's saying he'd rather play for the Angels than the Dodgers. And what I'm getting is the Dodgers are really becoming a hated organization, even though they have very likable players.
Speaker 1: Of course, evil empire.
Speaker 2: But I think, like you said, the sentiment of can't beat them, join them, used to be considered like you're weak. Now it's like, dude, enjoy yourself. You're gonna leave our gang. You're gonna leave the Vatos Locos, enjoin the trans Puntos.
Speaker 1: That's not what you do.
Speaker 2: You try to be better than the other gangs, the other teams the other company I give you in today's world. No, no, no, it's all good. I'm not loyal.
Speaker 1: I just leave And it's a bad sort of character trait.
Speaker 2: It really is, if you want to be real about it, because that's why relationships are feeling. Why do I want to be in this and struggle? It's harder to win here. I'm gonna go there and win. It's really not that great, but we've accepted it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Can I give you not analogies great examples? Key, give you four examples of where in our lifetime this sentiment has rung true.
Speaker 1: Where it's it's no longer I want to beat you.
Speaker 2: The sentiment is, hey, I'm going to join you late night TV, which is a dying thing anyway. Let him in Leto hated each other Johnny Carson when we were little kiddos, was territorial.
Speaker 1: Now it's like Foulon and Kimmel and.
Speaker 2: Colbert and all. They all pale around there on each other shows. They don't care. They're like buddies. Another example All Star Games. Pete Rose would like slide cleats up to like take someone out. Now people are laughing and bro hugging and having a good time.
Speaker 1: It's because that might be your teammate in the next show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, music collaborations, it used to be like, yo, I want to beat you on the charts. Now not only hip hop artist, country artists, pop artists. Collaborations at an all time high. Hey, let's share each other's audiences, right, And one final one in the world the broadcasting, Danny g You grew up in radio, just like Covino and I did, Dan Bayer, Sam, We're all radio at heart.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: When I was younger, I hated every other radio station that I was not on when I.
Speaker 1: Was yours very competitive.
Speaker 2: When I was in New York, I was on Z one hundred, which is like the Kiss FM of New York. I hated the idea of anyone being like yeah, K Rock or KTU or Light FM or Hot ninety seven, w PLJ w PLJF them. And then all of a sudden, iHeart which is a great company we work for. They treat us well.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I remember at the time being like, wait, all the radio stations that are supposed to hate each other are in the same building and their friends now, right, So what mindset really changed a lot? What even question? What jazz is saying, and what he's saying is little old school. I'd rather play for the Angels than play for the evil eampire, the join them sort of situation with the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: When I was a kid at one of my first radio stations, our general manager had a staff meeting with all of us and he wore a hard army helmet and he was ranting about how we were going to kill the competition.
Speaker 1: That's how competitive it used to be. Yeah, it's a differentiety now.
Speaker 2: I remember radio stations would pull stunts to f with other radio stations, like sabotage. Remember back in the day, I worked at a radio station in Syracuse, Hot one O seven nine. It was just one oh seven nine until Rich got there. That's a good one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hot one seven. He was the nighttime hotie.
Speaker 2: The other radio station in town, ninety three Q, was doing some corny local promotion like.
Speaker 1: We're going away ninety three cent gas.
Speaker 2: They had a couple of the promo guys stall out their cars in front of the gas station and ruin their whole promotion. Yeah, now you would take if you can't beat them, joy, you would take back. Then you tried to beat them. You see what I'm saying you would take the bumper stick. Where was the shame in trying to beat them? You would take the bumpers. Now we want to take the shorter route to success, and and hey, that's just the way it is, all right, So we can be known Rich live from the Fox Sports Radio studio, ready to tackle your financial goals. Weeble makes it simple to start investing, powerful tools, real time data all on one app gets started at weebel dot com or download the Weebele app today.
Speaker 4: We both financial LLC member SIPC FENRA Investing involves risk. For more information, visit weeple dot com slash disclosures.
Speaker 2: The other side story riches PCA is calling out Dodgers fans.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean he's saying they're saying they're not they're not invested. But listen.
Speaker 3: And then Sophie Cunningham in the news saying that La personalities are weak. Oh yeah, that was the data dance. Three yeah, three, I hate LA stories.
Speaker 1: There's three. I hate LA stories. I hate LA.
Speaker 5: I will say though, that there is something about Los Angeles and you guys are New York guys, Sam and I are from the Midwest. That is so different than anything else that if people aren't from here or come here and it's just not their vibe, they just can't stand it for whatever reason.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, dude, my parents say that's why they haven't visited me in my eighteen years ago.
Speaker 1: It came twice in eighteen years. I don't get it.
Speaker 2: My thought, Dan Byer, is that I came here married and my wife and I started a family out here. Maybe if I came out here single, I would have been like, oh, the women out here are terrible anoma. But I mean, like, I've met all you guys. You guys are pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Like I don't know, I don't get that scind of reputation.
Speaker 2: I feel like anywhere I go, you know, if you're a nice enough guy, you can make friends.
Speaker 1: I think it's great out here. I love Los Angeles. Now.
Speaker 2: I saw a funny analogy where it was the difference between an East Coast or like a guy from Philly or Boston or New York versus someone in LA.
Speaker 1: Someone in LA. If your car breaks down, someone in LA would be like, oh my god, I'm so sorry that happened to you. All right, bye?
Speaker 2: Me me someone in New York or Philly or Boston would be like, what you moron, let me help you. That's that's the difference. There's like a fake sincerity that's not real in Los Angeles. Where in New York and they'll bust your waivos and and and I hate on you, but they'll be like, yeah, I'll give you a hand. That's the feeling, right, that's the vibe. Not saying that's accurate, but it feels accurate. So anyway, Covino and Rich the last Dodgers in LA or enemy number one. We're out here in LA. But I'm a I'm a Yankees fan. As you know, Rich is a Mets fan, Danny g is a Dodgers guy. Dan Byern likes his Brewers. He has a Birdie the Brewer cardboard cutout.
Speaker 1: They're a Dodgers guy. But you like flip flop around, right.
Speaker 2: I grew uprooting for the Phillies. Yeah, Philly, I'm definitely a Dodgers fan. And then he was big Apple Sam for a minute. That's right, all those phases of my life.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 2: Let's go to the phones, Rich Fox. What I was trying to spit out before was you worked in radio and promotions. How many times did you slap an old school like K Rock bumper sticker over some other radio stations bumper sticker because we were trying to beat them, not join them. I nowadays were joining them. I remember, okay with that. Early on, when you and I first worked at Sirius XM, it was just serious satellite radio.
Speaker 1: XM was the enemy. The enemy. I would go to Best Buy Radio shack.
Speaker 2: I would take all the serious satellite radio pamphlets and put him in front of the XM.
Speaker 1: Ones same like that might tell he's gone. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like I can't point my finger on who exactly ruined.
Speaker 1: Rich one one Best Buy at a time, but I'm saying I guess.
Speaker 2: You guys get it because what we do is there's a level of competition right like twenty five twenty years ago, I would not have been like, I would not have publicly been like, you know how I really liked I really liked George Saddano on ESPN Radio, who I think might even be on at this time. He's a good guy. Twenty years I'd be like, if that guy, even if I liked them, we are okay with being chummy and buddy chummy with the competition, so we could say that with jazz Chism's saying makes sense. It's just the dated mentality.
Speaker 5: There's a point as well as you're going to hear me in a minute or so, given update. And ESPN had been the ones who really were so against giving credit to other sources when it came.
Speaker 1: To breaking news.
Speaker 5: They wouldn't report it or they would just say reports, they wouldn't say who it was. And our thinking of that changed where if you're listening to Fox Sports Radio, you don't have to listen to the competitor because we're going to tell you everything that you need to know, whether it comes from ESPN or CBS Sports. We've got all the news, we've got all the topics. Just come here and you're going to be covered. But there was a point where ESPN was the four letter network, like you didn't want to say those four letters, Like you were really keeping people from consuming their product by doing that.
Speaker 2: But it's such a weird mentality. I have another example, I'm sorry, dB. That's when we were kids. Do you remember watching wrestling and they wouldn't acknowledge the other federation Like if you watch w are weird though?
Speaker 1: I like that. I know.
Speaker 2: But when you watch the WWF as a kid, and you were like Macho Man and hul Cog and Andre the Giant, they pretended like Rick Flair and and the you know all the WCW or nw A, it didn't exist.
Speaker 1: It was such a I feel like the lines are way more blurred now.
Speaker 2: The empires like he's so right, Like ESPN like, yeah, it sounds silly, but I like them like, yeah, this is our team and we're trying to beat the other team. I had a boss at Sirius XM who was still old school that he couldn't snap out of it. My pal kid Kelly, one of my mentors. He was so old school that they'd be like, yeah, on the pop channels, do read this cross promotion for the country channels And he's like, I won't. Yeah, but it's it's the same company. We'll do it because we're still trying to be the best. But we want to be the best channel. It doesn't matter who the best channel channel is. People are paying for satellite. Yeah yeah, but but no it's and you know what that proves that if you don't adjust your mindset, you become a dinosaur. You become obsolete. You gotta be willing. You got to be willing to play the game the way it's played today. So therefore jash Chisholm is in the wrong, even though I respect her is coming from. If you want to compete and win today, you have to be willing to play hell around with the Dodgers if you get that opportunity, well, not.
Speaker 1: The not the Angels.
Speaker 2: With that said, let's go to our buddy Dan buy for an update dB, what's going on today?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 5: I too am a fan of former Fox Sports Radio weeknight overnight host George Sadano as well.
Speaker 1: He's a great guy man, Yes he is. He's a good dude. Yes, VI he works with that four letter network as he does.
Speaker 5: Cavaliers guard James Harden suffered a non displaced fracture in his non shooting hand, and last night's win over the next that game from NBA insider Chris Hayness, Hardness questionable to play tonight against Milwaukee. Cavs will be without Donovan Mitchell and Evan Mobley. Lakers have hired former Virginia men's basketball coach Tony Bennett to be an NBA draft advisor to team president Rob Polenka in the NFL. The Jaguars will play two games in London next season, back to back weeks, and they'll be the home team for both games. Now, the Jaguars are having work done on their current stadium. It's a two year process. They'll have a it's basically going to be a brand new stadium in twenty twenty eight. They're gonna have to be relocated in twenty twenty seven. Next year, they're only going to play six games in Jacksonville.
Speaker 2: So that's you know, it sort of makes sense because you're right there because there's always the lopsided nine and eight. Yep, they're getting the eight home games, two of them away, so you only have to figure out six.
Speaker 1: Correct. That's actually it makes sense. At first, I'm like, ooh, two home games on the road.
Speaker 5: But yes, it works out for them, and the stadium is supposed to be amazing when it opens in a couple of years. But they're going to play back to back weeks in London as the home team. In those situation, Commander is also going to be playing a game in London. Chicago Tribune says the Bears are allowing linebacker to remain Edmunds to seek a trade. Panthers have received calls for backup quarterback Andy Dalton. That's according to ESPN. The Cowboys kicker Brandon Aubrey reportedly wants a deal that will make him the highest paid kicker in the NFL at ten million dollars per season. Pittsburgh Penguins will be without Sidney Crosby for at least four weeks. He was placed in ir with the lower body injury suffered in the Winter Olympics.
Speaker 1: Guys back to you, Yeah, dB, you hear in the NFL. It's funny.
Speaker 2: I don't expect you to know now, but you hear all these guys like, oh, where are they going to end up?
Speaker 1: But you know, possible guys on the move? Has anyone I know he's not going to be on my team anymore? But is that?
Speaker 2: What? Where's the interest in Brian Brandon Ayu? Does someone want him? Have you heard any rumbling about that guy? Thing just decides to skip the season? But yet this No, I don't know any team that's inquired or I haven't even seen a rumor on like fan sites or anything.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I haven't heard anything either, And it probably has to do with his health because even the forty nine ers don't necessarily know what's up with him because it's kind of been Mia, but I haven't heard anything yet.
Speaker 1: Cool dB, thank you.
Speaker 2: Now coming up, we have Mike'swortz Wisdom Cavino Midweek Major Iowa Sam going to be taken over this week with all the hot stories and uh, Big Apple Sam, Big Apple Sam. And also two of the things we're going to get to interrupting NBA farts and top NFL nicknames. Are gonna play another little game with you guys. All coming up right here could be known Rich on Fox Sports Radio. Ready to tackle your financial goals.
Speaker 1: Rich. We Bowl look at the market today. I feel good?
Speaker 2: Tell me about it. You don't have to sit on the sign lines, whether you're a rookie or a pro. Wee Boll puts you in the game with tools to help you make the moves you want. Trade stocks, options, etms to play the long game with cash management and retirement accounts.
Speaker 1: The key here all on one platform, no doud. You could do all this stuff. We Bowl's app.
Speaker 2: It pairs advanced analytics and real time data so you could read the defense, adjust your strategy, stay in control.
Speaker 1: And now with Vega your AI assistant. This is key.
Speaker 2: It helps you do things like hey, analyze my watch list, watch out for this stock and really does give your heads up volatility insights and you get real time updates. And if you want to widen your view of the field, use portfolio x rat a spot trends, manage risk and optimized performance of your portfolio. Stop punting your financial future. Should we say striking out? Yes, stop striking out with your financial futures. Baseball season it is Join wee Bowl's community to discuss Marcus trending topics and ideas with fellow investors. Download the wee ble app today on mobile or desktop. Wee bol w e b u l L or visit weebel dot com.
Speaker 4: We both Financial LLC member SAPC FENRA Investing involves risk. For more information, visit wee bule dot com. Slash Disclosures.
Speaker 2: CNR on FSR, the world famous Covino and Rich oh Man Hell Yeah, rocking out with Sam on the Ones and twos, Danny g super producing the best in the game with the smoothest, most buttery voice in all the land eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox. We're laughing the Fox Sports Radio studio Live from the Barrio. It's time for our Tirecht Play of the day. Oh we're live from La another pill hits that people out lover hate.
Speaker 1: Yeah for real, a lot of hate.
Speaker 2: Uh you want to do our tyrect play the day or what I think we have to before the bad news of James Harden's broken thumb. The Calves won another one, this time beating the New York Necks.
Speaker 6: Mitchell twelve on the clock double team coouns right side to Wade, Wade left side hard and open three bullside. And that's the price you pay when you double team Donovan Mitchell boom shock a lock.
Speaker 2: That's courtesy of one hundred point seven w MMS Cavalier Radio Network. And that was our tire Rack Player of the Day. For over forty years, Tyrack has been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive. Shipped fast and free backed by free Road, has ad protection with convenient installation options like mobile tire installation, Tirack dot Comway tire buying should be And you know what rich off the air I mean, I took a little walk to the bathroom, I said bathroom. That's how we say it in Jersey, the bat room. And I had an ep me like our grandparents would say, turlet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 2: I was, you know, staring at the turlet and I had an ep Fanny, and it dawned on me, like when it comes to if you can't beat them, join them mentalities, it's it's a younger guy's philosophy, like screw this, I'm jumping ship and joining the winning team. That's just how it is, and we've accepted it. Younger people play by different rules. Everybody's friends now, and you know what, that's how you have to play the game. Hey, Stu Gotts's the new show here, right, so.
Speaker 1: What do we do? Hey man, what's up? Stecott's let's do friends.
Speaker 2: Let's do something friends and we're all friends, because that's how you play the game now. So you have to either pivot an adjust or you're the dinosaur that everybody hates. The older cats in the game don't acknowledge the newer shows because that's the mentality they're stuck with. You think Howard Stern and I say, there's respectfully, I'm a big fan. I came up in that world. You think he's out there giving props to younger shows.
Speaker 1: He doesn't even mention them. He doesn't even mention them.
Speaker 2: He'll pretend to not know them, because that's competition. I want to beat the competition. That's the old mindset. You don't try to befriend, let let alone join the competition.
Speaker 3: Old Stu and coll And used to get into it back in the day when they both worked for ESPN.
Speaker 2: Now I don't know this for a fact, but if knowing Colin's been in the game a long time, he's probably reluctant to even acknowledge it now.
Speaker 1: It's that's how it was played. That's how it was played.
Speaker 2: Now you got to realize the mindset of yo, how do you build your audience? Let's go on each other's podcast And that's to an old school guy, that's like what right, Yeah, I mean I'm going on your podcasts.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to beat you. And the reason we bring this up again.
Speaker 2: You don't like it when boxers do this either, COVID. I don't like it because we want to see the competition, right. We don't want to see them playing slap ass. Fans seem like they're more invested Sometimes the reason we bring this up, just to wrap it up again, is LA is enemy number one, it seems like. And Jazz Chisholm sort of took a stand. He said he'd rather play for the Angels than play for the Dodge, even after the is and old school in town, even after the owner said winning isn't in the top five priorities. I know, I know, I know, And a lot of people calling out La today. I do want to point out, if you are watching on the stream, shout out to Trip and everyone watching, what up Trip? I'm not wearing capri pants. I just rolled up my sweatpants for some reason. Someone questioned, is Rich wearing capris? And I want to let it be no no way back on a Wednesday, did everybody rock them Pilgrim style? And when I say Pilgrim style, I mean you would pull your tube socks all the way up? Did everybody do that?
Speaker 1: I think so?
Speaker 2: For a minute, maybe I remember that in my grades sky on a way back Wednesday, I remember cuffing my jeans where you would roll the bottom and then in the yeah, my brother even used a pin yeah to keep them like that. Then you went through the stage where your bootcut jeans would drag and they'd be filthy and like raggedy. Was my town of Union, New Jersey the only town that rocked sweatpants Pilgrim style with the socks pulled up.
Speaker 1: That's so weird.
Speaker 2: You look like old baseball players. Yeah, that's exactly how we rocked them for years. Didn't the Pilgrims crash one of their boats into your hometown? I mean it's not exactly called Pilgrim style. I just sort of made that up.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Could you know mayfl were over here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So anyway, thank you guys for hanging out with us. It's a new mentality. Either adjust or you get left behind, no doubt. Now tonight new Love is Blind. I know there's not a lot of you know, we're waiting for baseball, you know, but there's basketball. But Cavino and I off the air were saying every time we watch these shows, and you can make fun of us for watching these shows.
Speaker 1: But Danny, I think you could agree it.
Speaker 2: Was better than watching that long State of the Union last night and no offense. Again, I'm just saying it's still not rather watch Love is Blind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we all made fun of these shows until our women pulled us into the show.
Speaker 2: Know what I hate about any state of the Union, whether it's Trump, Obama, Clinton Bush. I hate the fact that like it's a divided stand and applause, like you're not allowed to applaud if you're on one side, Like it's the US Olympic team. Stand up, you idiots. Like to me, it's like you're against talking now, Like no matter who the president is, where's the politics, and that if Democrats sit for Republicans, Republicans sit for Democrats.
Speaker 1: I think it's embarrassing.
Speaker 2: I almost feel like it's someone's wife being like, don't you stand, don't you stand?
Speaker 1: Like it's so funny.
Speaker 2: You know, it's the opposite of what we're talking about with sports man. They're so loyal to their party that they won't stand for a hockey teams.
Speaker 1: Ridiculous anyway, it's blood and I was telling that.
Speaker 2: I just think I know it's for reality TV, but please don't please tell me we weren't that dumb in our twenties.
Speaker 1: Oh we were dumber, But I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I don't think some of these guys are just like pop level dumb and I and I sound dumb saying yo dumb. But you watch some of these reality shows and you I know the casting process does that on purpose, but my goodness, give me an example, like, what's grinding your goat that?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: First of all, the one dude Chris, Oh, that guy a little hobby, and that that one guy, the former soccer player was like super handsome Alex or Eric whatever. He doesn't understand the woman's mental cycle and he gets mad about stacking water in a refrigerator.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what are we doing?
Speaker 2: We should have been drafted top ten episodes tonight, so I'll be watching that and maybe some NBA.
Speaker 1: We got more CNR next