Speaker 1: Hey folks, it's Thursday, May twenty ninth. Welcome to this episode of Amy and TJ. The Ditty trial continues as we speak, and a reminder, this is now the third full week of testimony and robes as we record this now testimony, it's going to be another full day. But it's hard to get through all the testimony if you're not paying close attention and have time to go through all of these articles online. So we are providing a service here.
Speaker 2: That's right. So yes, we are following up on all the testimony what happened with a very full day in court yesterday which was Wednesday, And so you don't have to click and try to read and piece it all together. It's all here for you, along with our take on what is happening inside that courtroom just a few blocks away from where we are sitting right now. But yes yesterday was another big day of testimony where we heard from two law enforcement officials, one with the Fire Department talking about some of the issues with Ditty and Kid Cutty. And then the big, big, big witness on the stand was Cassie Ventura Findes personal stylist and now her friend Deontay Nash and he had a lot to say about what he witnessed and how he feels about both Cassie and Sean Ditty Combs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the majority of the day the stand was occupied by Deontay Nash. We're going to get into everything he had to say, which was absolutely a lot. He saw a lot and was able to detail a lot of the alleged violence that she endured at the hands of Ditty. But the Chris Ignacio was the laped officer, and he was important because he was able to corroborate a lot of what we had already heard. He was the one who showed up or one of the officers who showed up after Diddy allegedly broke into Kid Cutty's house Ropes. He said he got there, he went inside. He didn't see Diddy, he didn't see a security guard, but he saw He testified to the aftermath that we have already heard about how Cutty's place was trashed, certainly allegedly and by everything they're piecing together, it was Ditty and his security guard had gone into the house.
Speaker 2: That's right. He says he personally saw a black escalat. Sorry, I can't talk, so I a black escalade take off once he pulled up and then come back around. He ran the plates and yep, that black escalade was registered to bad Boy, which is of course Sean Diddy comes company. And so that that was a big, you know, piece of evidence that clearly puts at least a representative of Ditty, if not Diddy himself there at the time around when Kid Cutty said his home was vandalized.
Speaker 1: Again, this was the exact time. The whole incident we're talking about here is the knight that Ditty allegedly got mad, found out Cuddy and Cassie were dating, went to Cutt's house that night. Now, someone who was with him, Capricorn Clark, is another former assistant who testified as well with some pretty powerful stuff. She was telling that, yes, they were in a black escalade. They went to the house. She talked about what happened. She said, yes, cut he pulled up, he took off, and we chased him in the black escalade for a little while and then came back to the house. So the escalade has played a lot into this story. And to hear now an officer say, he laid eyes on that escalade in question. He saw it that night and Apparently whoever was in that escalade saw officers coming that night and took off. YEP is the story now that's being put together. And you can't use a lot of black escalades out there, especially in LA.
Speaker 2: But he ran the plates exactly, So that's really not up for dispute. If you've got an officer of the law running the plates of this black escalade, that pretty much puts or at least connects all the dots for jurors that, if not Didty, someone who represented Ditty was there while all of this was being.
Speaker 1: With the thought of the matter of yes, Capricorn Clogg told the story. But to think that an officer, I mean, chances are given the timing, and given the timing, there's a decent chance that did he was still in that vehicle. Yes, To think that there was a cop that passed, To think he was right there and all this stuff, this is ten years ago. I think this incident was to think that an officer was right there, like there were so many missed opportunities. I guess somebody faulting the officers. I'm just saying. Along the way, and as we've been following this trial, somebody saw a beating take place, didn't do anything. Somebody saw this, didn't do anything. Somebody was scared to do this. And just to think that close, just passing ditty at the scene, it's this. You think you've heard enough or a lot, or at all, and it just keeps coming to this true.
Speaker 2: So much of it seems like a movie script. So much of it, even those near misses or those missed opportunities that allowed this to continue for years and years and years, all feels like the movie, like a movie script, like almost almost almost. And yet not until the very end, not until Cassie filed her lawsuit, did any of this come to light.
Speaker 1: On the movie thing. Isn't this the point of the movie where you're screaming at the screen. He's in the.
Speaker 2: Car, Yes, so you just oh my gosh, so close, so close. Yeah, But we're hearing it all play out in court, and it really is as riveting as a movie script and as devastating, and it's it is a horror movie, truly, I mean, it really is. It feels like a horror movie, and it is. It was life for so many people who were in this inner circle of Sean Diddy Combs. According to their testimony.
Speaker 1: And the officer said, nobody ever said anything to him about Diddy. Nobody said anything about theft. It was only to investigate trespassing and that was the end of it, and they went about their day. Now, the other person who was up on the stand was a fire investigator and arson investigator who checked out the fire in Kid Cutty's car, the porst that had the molotov cocktail in it. Now, this was when things got a little interesting, because, yes, the defense at one point during this man's testimony moved for mistrial. They wanted to end this thing yesterday because of this guy's testimony. We were talking about Lanceamenez, he's an LA fire investigator in Robes. He got up and he mentioned something and I think he was just answering the question having to do what There were fingerprints that were found at kid Cutty's car. They piecing together, of course through testimony, that they believe that Diddy had something to do with it. That's never been proven. Fine, but the fire investigator said, we found fingerprints, but those were later destroyed. That is what prompted defense attorneys to speak up.
Speaker 2: Yes, they said it implied that Ditty had so much reach and so much power that he was able to somehow have those fingerprints destroyed. But there were partial fingerprints, and of course we should mention. The judge said, no, that did nothing. They did this outside of the juror's attention. They had a sidebar, and the judge said, no, this is not in any way incriminating your client, and the jury has not been tainted, and we're going to proceed. The estimony continued, and I thought it was really interesting when Detective Jimenez talked about that the fingerprints, the partial fingerprints, I think they were able to say it was for a woman, for a female. We know that Caricorn, Capricorn Clark was there. So then of course Diddy's defense team went really full tilt on that one and tried to lean in on the fact that the fingerprints were possibly female not male.
Speaker 1: Look, they had no this is another crime that they had no suspect. They had no witness to come forward and say who they thought the suspect was. Because the two people mainly involved in this, Cassie Ventura, kid Cutty and Capricorn Clark, none of them made a police report accusing him of anything of the sort. His name never came up, and in fact, Cassie and Capricorn, this fire investigator said he called repeatedly trying to get in touch with him in Robes. This again nobody want They would not call him back, they would not take his call. And this goes to fear that they say so many people felt about that.
Speaker 2: Part of his testimony blew me away that here is a detective with the law trying to figure out why Kid Cutty's car blew up with a he said, a poorly constructed Molotov cocktail. And we know now that we heard Cassie Ventura testify that Sean Ditty Combs threatened to blow up Kid Cutty's car, and then, sure enough, a short time later, Kid Cutty's car blows up. So we only hear this after the fact. But yes, when this buyer investigator is trying to figure out how this happened, no one would talk to him, to the point where he said Capricorn's brother finally answered her phone and said leave her alone. It was very clear that no one who actually knew what happened had any intention of talking about what happened incriminating Ditty in any way. And as you point out, fearful to do so, to even take an officer's phone call. They wouldn't even answer the phone that speaks volumes.
Speaker 1: We keep using that. We kept saying, Molotov cocktail, Molotov cocktail, and if you're familiar, it's essentially a bottle with whatever accelerating, aacoline, alcohol, whatever, and then you stick a rag in the top, you light it, then you toss the thing, and when you toss it, of course something is on fire. But then the fluid that's in there spreads with the flame and it causes more destruction. This officer robe said this was a crappy Molotov cocktail. Somebody didn't understand the concept, because sure enough, they cut a hole in the top of his car, but it was kind of just placed in there. It didn't break.
Speaker 2: Yes, if it breaks open, then the fuel whatever it is, spreads and there's a huge fire. They said it honestly. The car was so close to his home that if they had done it correctly, not only would his car have blown up, but his house most likely would have caught fire as well. And I thought it was also interesting when they just described with the Molotov cocktail looked like it was an old English bottle, gasoline and a designer handkerchief, a silk designer handkerchief.
Speaker 1: So you can hear like Chris Rock making a joke about how that obviously we're.
Speaker 2: Gonna throw away or blow up a designer handkerchief. You know how much those things cost?
Speaker 1: I do, actually, because I only have one but old English oh E malt liquor. This is some old school hood stuff. Oh have you ever had?
Speaker 2: I have never had. I didn't even know it was referred to as O E.
Speaker 1: E yes malt licka.
Speaker 2: Do you think he was honestly with that, almost leaving a signature oh E with a designer handkerchief. It's like, f you love ditty. I feel like that's what that said.
Speaker 1: Again, we get the implications here, and we are making a little light of the oe bottle and a designer a handkerchief, But this was absolutely a somebody was And what the most more and the more violent thing.
Speaker 2: I didn't know.
Speaker 1: They cut a hole in the Porsche. They cut a hole in the top to get this in there, but again they placed it so it was just sitting in there. Gent At least a lot of people at this point have seen a lot of the.
Speaker 2: You throw a Molotov cocktail, do you not usually, Oh yeah, so he can break it. You want it to break, Yes, it needs to break.
Speaker 1: But the video we have seen in the pictures of his car don't go with a lot of the words being used in some of the covers say his car blew up or his car was there was a bombing of some kind, because it just looked like it's charred in places.
Speaker 2: That's why maybe this is total conjecture and my just uninformed opinion to go for it. I'm going to say it. But maybe he didn't want the whole car to blow it. Maybe he wanted it to be a warning and he wanted it to know that that was from him, based on how he wanted the evidence of the Molotov cocktail to stay intact so that Cuddy would know it was him.
Speaker 1: That's one theory. I don't subscribe to it.
Speaker 2: But that's some fun.
Speaker 1: It's a poor what just a bad idea, you know what. It sounds like something you didn't think through, you didn't plan it. He called it a makeshift bomb of it was something that the officer said. It just it was not well done and it wasn't well executed. But thank goodness said it wasn't. Then everybody ended up okay there those two were up first on the day, but then Robes, the one we'd been hearing about talking about. They actually expected to get to four witnesses yesterday and they actually only got to three because Deontay Nash. They had him up on the stand for quite a while. And this is a celeberty stylist who by all accounts, he was a character if you will, He had a personality on the stand, but he made clear when he got up there, I don't want to be here.
Speaker 2: Yes, one news outlet referred to him as cheeky, which I think was appropriate. But yes, he was asked if he was going to sue Diddy and he said no, I'm focused on getting out of here as an out of court. He didn't want to be there, and it was very clear. And by that, with so many of these witnesses who have been compelled to testify, you can tell that they're not there for revenge. They're not there to see Diddy go down. They're there almost against their will.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who was the I can't remember her name right now. It was Cassie's former best friend who she said, did he assaulted her and she lost her best friend over it, because yes, her best friend essentially didn't shut her out, but didn't stand up for her during that. That was another young lady who said, I don't want to be here. I want these people out of my life and out of this world. And I've been working like she's she's years removed from this. I don't want to be back here. That is a theme. Folks don't want anything to do with this world. We've been hearing so much.
Speaker 2: It was so awful, and they don't want to return to it, and I'm imagining a lot of them don't want to remember it. But Deontae Nash did recall so many memories of personally witnessing Cassie being kicked, talk about dragged by the hair, and the one that the one instance that he described was just so awful. She was asleep on the couch and he was in the hotel room with her and apparently she wasn't answering her phone and it made him so angry. When he rushed into the hotel room, he immediately just started, according to Deontay Nash, just beating her and she ended up with a gash on her head. So deep from hitting the headboard from being hit that he wanted to call nine one one, he said. But that is when Diddy said, no, I'll just take her to my personal plastic surgeon. And he saw her the next day with stitches on her head.
Speaker 1: That's where we talk about this again. This is at least two people now who are who witness what they describe at least as something that will get you years in prison, and nobody called or stepped in or made a change and continued working with this man. It's hard to get your head around if you're on the outside like us rogues. But people are telling these stories just how trapped they felt, and it's painting a picture of a world that quite frankly, I would argue, as a kid in the nineties, we all wanted to be a part of that world. It all looked so glamorous from the outside. We all rooted for Diddy, we were all just I mean, I remember the first time I met Diddy. I was so I was over the moon, and I'm talking I was a grown man. I'm thought I was forty years old or something, and I'm still just in awe and to think, like wow, we all just watch it.
Speaker 2: It makes you feel six to your stomach, doesn't it, because.
Speaker 1: We all seem to be a part of it. And to some degree, obviously.
Speaker 2: He but you didn't know what you didn't know? And the sad thing is the people who were seeing testified didn't know, and for whatever reason, they didn't do anything about it. This one, this really stood out to me. What Deontay testified to He said that moment where she got the gash on her head, and there was he said, there was blood everywhere. Obviously heads bleed a lot. And what did did he say when that happened? He looked at Deontay, Nash and Cassie and said, look what y'all made me do? Is that not a classic line of an abuser? Look what you made me do? Taking zero responsibility and blaming the victim and blaming the people who loved her. That is horrific.
Speaker 1: What was the one part of the story as well? He said this was he said, a switch kind of flipped with ditty. And we've heard several witnesses testified who said they saw him being violent, or at least they keep using the word rage. There's a rage in him. And Nasher was describing this moment before he said, look what y'all made me do? He said he turned into a different person and completely calmed when he saw the blood. He said, he was a totally different guy. And it's like a switch just flipped at that moment when he saw blood everywhere. But I think Cassi, even to her, she's been to her fine and testified about it as well, saying that was a moment that just blackened his eyes, like she didn't recognize who he was.
Speaker 2: That's scary. That is wild, very scary. And another thing that was just so heartbreaking. And we've used that word so much when talking about the testimony that we've been hearing in this trial. But when Deontay talked about how did he forced him to take him to the hotel where Cassie was hiding from him.
Speaker 1: He can I bag up on the story. So I have notes here and I actually put them out of order. So this goes that the conclusion to this story you were about to give is the part that sinks your heart once again. But this was a time where he was once again looking for Cassie. Cassie ends up in this incident at his house. He takes her from his house because he got a heads up that did he was on the way looking for Cassie. He takes Cassie in a car from his house to Sunset Boulevard, just drops off, like, go tell her to go Scared. They both like, you're planning an escape from somebody.
Speaker 2: You're dropping someone off in the middle of a massive busy road and just say figure it out. But you're safer here than you are with me or anywhere near him.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, Diddy ends up coming over, but she's not there at that point, says looked. He looked in the oven. He looked up and down. That sounds like a crazy person.
Speaker 2: He looked in the oven. Like closets too, But okay, I can understand why he would look in a closet. But like the fact that you're searching for someone who is clearly hiding from you is sad and scary all in one. But yeah, he looked in the oven.
Speaker 1: But from this incident, they end up like you were going here, They go to the hotel. So all this is going on, Nash ends up getting forced to take Ditty to the hotel where Cassie's hiding out. Sins Nash and a security guard upstairs to get Cassie who was up there hiding out. And this is where it just go Jesus, this puts you in a to try to understand where her head was, where her heart was, where she was in life? Is this story?
Speaker 2: Oh it's hard to even repeat what she did. But when he got up, when Deanta gets up into the hotel room and he's supposed to bring her back down to Ditty waiting in the car, he said that she was in the balcony. She was walking towards it, and she said she wanted to go over the balcony, and he was sure she was going to harm herself. She was going to jump off the balcony of that hotel room rather than go back downstairs with him and get in the car with Ditty.
Speaker 1: There was someone else who was it else that I think she spoke of it at the time. She wanted to just walk out into traffic.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: There was another time a friend of hers said that after Ditty had assaulted her, Cassie was at her house and she was just sitting on the couch. Diddy was banging on the door just violently. Everybody else was freaking out. Cassie was sitting on the couch calmly while was going on, and her friend said, I don't think she cared if she lived or died. Yeah, these are three stories that seemed fairly consistent if you will, with a woman who just wanted to.
Speaker 2: Give up, well she was. You wouldn't get to that place or have those thoughts unless you were searching for relief, and that sounded better. Death sounded better than dealing with the hell she was living in. And that is just awful and horrific, and it's just one of the saddest things I've ever heard. Just you can try to put yourself in her position and imagine how hopeless and how trapped you must feel to think that was the only way out. And you know a lot of this and this is what Deontay testified to as well. So much of this was about blackmail because people say just leave, people say, but Diddy, he heard Didty threaten to release those explicit videos of her during freak offs, And it wasn't just about even releasing it to the public. He specifically told her The first place this is, according to Deontay, that Diddy would send those explicit videos to would be the places where her parents worked to make sure her parents were fired. And a Milids, that's so personal, that's so scary, and you can see where you would feel like I'll do anything to make sure that doesn't happen.
Speaker 1: That's that's a that's a low. That's a coal coal threat to make to somebody. I almost send this to you, Yeah, all of us. You remember people telling you don't do anything that you wouldn't want on the front page of the New York Times, right, don't ever do anything. I guess we probably failed in that advice. My point is still here being there is nothing and no one you would want to protect your foolishness from than your parents. And you would never want your parents to be publicly humiliated by something you do, but you would never want them to see you doing your worst, your dirt, your whatever. To that type of that threat you talk about giving you chills. That's a threat that just sounds It.
Speaker 2: Was so evil. It sounds evil. This is what it sounds.
Speaker 1: It sounds evil.
Speaker 2: And you know what Deontae also, this is part of what the prosecution's case was, and he's certainly testified into proving this that Cassie didn't want and he heard and witnessed Cassie not wanting to participate in the freak offs. She was at her own birthday party and instead of going out karaokeing with her friends. He personally saw her being you know, pushed, forced, coerced, whatever you want to use to come with Diddy instead to a freak off, and she told him she didn't want to go. She told Deonte she didn't want to go, So he personally witnessed her trying to refuse these freak offs and ultimately feeling as though, for whatever reason, whether it was the threat of the tapes or a threat of violence, she would eventually just say yes.
Speaker 1: Can we in on some good news? We haven't we haven't done this yet right in all these updates, we will continue to post these, but this, this is the good news from this week. Cassie is now a mom of three. Cassie even Toura Fine did give birth on Tuesday. We found out, I guess we got confirmation of it. Rose the court did. At least the update from Deontay Nash. They are that close of friends. He actually called her, he said, in the hospital the previous day, and she did have her baby. I didn't see all the details you just found them.
Speaker 2: Yes, NBC News is reporting that Cassie Ventura Fine and her husband Alex are now proud parents to a little boy. And that's super sweet because they already have two daughters, Frankie, who is five and Sonny, who is four. I love those names. We don't have the name yet of the boy, but it is confirmed that she gave birth to a healthy baby boy. And that's pretty remarkable when you think about where she was just a week and a half ago on that witness stand and the fact that she was able to emotionally and frankly physically handle reliving what seems like an unthinkable hell scape to any one of us in front of the world. You know what the world is listening.
Speaker 1: What do they recommend? Do they tell women to avoid stressed with the situation?
Speaker 2: Polutely, You're not supposed to fly even after eight months. You're not supposed to do anything strenuous after eight months physically or emotionally. You're supposed to stay pampered and peaceful as much as you can for the health of yourself and the health of your baby. So that, to me, that was a herculean effort and remarkable that she was on that witness stand for as long as she was talking about what she was talking about.
Speaker 1: You know what, this is a human moment I wanted to take. We talked about it this morning, Robes. But so many of us have been referring to a Cassie Ventura, a Cassie Ventura, a Cassie Ventura. Sometimes people use the last name just save Ventura. I have at times been saying Cassie because that's what she went by when she was an artist, and it just kind of flows out. But Deontay Nash reminded us all with just a simple correction to a defense attorn that she is more than an artist, she is more than a victim, and those aren't even the things we should lead with. She is a human being. She is a woman, and she is a mother, and she is a wife. And so I thought it was cool. I don't think the defense attorney was making much of a point. He was just saying something and referred to her as miss miss Cassieventura, and he corrected her and said missus fine. I thought that was just somebody could take it as Oh, what's the big deal, Why did he even have to do that? Do you have to be a smart ass. I just those little moments that we forget that people are just like the folks we are sitting across the table from right now, or your family. They seem larger than life. They're not just icons or musicians. Anytime you label somebody like that, it makes it so much easier to call them by a name or insult them. But if you remember she is missus, fine wife and mother, it helps.
Speaker 2: It was a powerful moment. I appreciated it as well. And by the way, Nash is actually on the stand right now as we are recording this. He is going to finish up his testimony and then we are expecting later today. Mia, that is what she's being called, but she is also known as Victim number four. She is going to remain anonymous, but it appears she is another employee who witnessed a lot and I believe she was in that hotel room with Deontey Nash when that big gash happened and all that blood was everywhere. So we are going to hear a lot more from Mia, and we will of course keep you updated on all of that in tomorrow's episode.