Speaker 1: What's that at the foot of my bed. It's spooky, Hey jooky, I'm really sure it's dead. It's coming this way.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, hel I go, said.
Speaker 1: By Russ dress Fands. Hey boo, it's me Rose dress Fales. You guys. This weekend is the live show. I think this will probably be the last one I'm gonna do for a couple of months, at least in La so I would love to see you there. There are still tickets left, and you just go to the link of my Instagram bio or you go to Cavern Clubtheater dot com to get those tickets for this Saturday, which is March seventh, at eight pm at Casita del Campo in Silver Lake, Los Angeles, California. Elena will be there, I might have a special guest in the works, and also Dave Holmes will be there, so we're gonna have a great time and maybe catch us some ghosts. Speaking of catching ghosts, I had other podcasts today someone I'm really interested lately with this show and just kind of taken in different directions and not always having just comedians and drag queens. I have somebody that is very special to my heart, and she actually has worked at the Hollywood Improv Comedy Club for years, and we have had some reports there of some paranormal like phenomenon I have also. I also wanted to tell you real quick that I was in San Francisco last weekend and I had some I had a good time. I went to a couple of haunted places. I stayed in the Haunted Hotel, and I'm going to be making a video that I'll post and you can see a little bit of my paranormal adventures. But nothing happened paranormal, but I did get some good, some good paranormal tea. And oh. I went to the Winchester Mystery House and I went on the tour and we had a great tour guide and he kept calling ghosts ugly booglies, and because of that, I'm full on snatching that and I will be referring to ghosts as ugly booglies from here on out. So please enjoyed this episode with the amazing Rita Piazza. You guys, I am joined by somebody truly that I feel is like family to me. And if you may not have heard of her before, but you're gonna fall in love. She is a true Hollywood legend. She is an icon of stand up comedy. Behind the scenes.
Speaker 3: Rita pa byz Rita.
Speaker 1: Okay, so Rita is the what is your title now? Now?
Speaker 3: I am Talent and Development. But I was a general manager.
Speaker 1: Of the world famous Hollywood Improv, which is my favorite comedy club, no offense to any others. It's the place where I've had my show for a couple of years. And I was a door person there. Yes, you were, and so I've known you for quite a few number of.
Speaker 3: You what year did you start?
Speaker 1: I don't know, twenty twelve. I was there until twenty fifteen. I was my last job job.
Speaker 3: I remember interviewing you and I was like, oh, yeah, we need this, we need this kid on our team. And then you remember you were an artist too. You drew a really fucked up picture of poor Jay and Paige and myself. I saw it above my dad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, well that's okay. So for anyone that doesn't know the Hollywood Improv, first of all, I've found that anytime you bring up the Hollywood, you bring up the Improv or any of the improv clubs, which it is a chain. People think, oh, Improv, but it's no it's like it's stand up and especially the Hollywood Improv. It's like the like Mecca. It's just the place for the biggest stand up stand up comedians in the world. I mean, it's like such a Hollywood hot spot and it's like like I've been there. I remember one time I was there, Lady Gaga was sitting there watching Jerry Seinfeld on like a Tuesday night, right, And that's just a Tuesday night.
Speaker 3: It really is a special little place. It's we I mean, you know what, it's like you were there with us. We're like a little family there. It is a profound little place. It's not a job, it's a lifestyle to us. But Bud started his first room. Bud Friedman is our founder, and you know he has the monocle. He hosted a and he's evening at the improv for you know, the younger peeps.
Speaker 1: And there's that good documentary about the clubs. Yes, that's on Behind the Brick Wall. I want to say, it's called it on Epex.
Speaker 3: It's an epic special.
Speaker 1: You might be able to find on Amazon Prime or one of those. It's definitely streaming.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it has our whole story there, but it's just incredible. He started it in nineteen sixty three in New York on forty fourth Street, and then in nineteen seventy five he goes, let's go west, young man, and he opened it up there and yeah, it's where it started off as more of a cabaret place, and he had singers like he managed Bette Midler. Dustin Hoffman would play the piano, Barry Manilow played the piano, and then a comic one day said Hey, I want to come up and do some time, and then it just sort of gradually, you know, he knew he was onto something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's like where Robin Williams and Jay Len, I mean everyone.
Speaker 3: And you know, we Paige and I went and had dinner with some old school people that were there in the eighties and they were talking about you know, Belushi in Bruce Willis and it was just really the place where everybody hung out.
Speaker 1: And still and not only just the biggest comedians in the world. Like I think I've seen or met every pop diva there. I've seen them all there. I think brat Are Miley, I mean everyone.
Speaker 3: Pete Davison was there with Ariana and they had like six people and we were over sold, so we smashed them into the first show. But my question was are they going to go to the second show? Because we were turning the room and getting ready for the second show, and I'm like, oh fuck, like this is going to be Sardine's in here and Page. I was yelling at Page like through text and the.
Speaker 1: Booker Page, who happens to be here?
Speaker 3: And they're just being quite like low mouse. But I go, Paige, are they staying for the Sint ten o'clock show? She's like checking? And then I waited, like, you know, another five minutes, Page texting her are they staying? I need to know if I need to hold this booth. We're fucked, like we're over sold. I don't know. And then finally I saw her. We were like asking each other in the lab and I yelled at her Page will you please check? And she yells back over the both rooms returning and she goes, I don't know. They're making out in the green room. I can't ask them. And I remember our miyes just met and I was like, oh, okay. It was always like those fun little.
Speaker 1: Ant yeah yeah, well okay, so we could talk about celebrity. I mean literally, you could talk about celebrities for hours that we've all encountered at the Improv. But a lot of people don't know about is that there's some visitors from the other side. I now, this is not a known place for being haunted. Like the comedy store up the street is definitely known as a haunted percent, but the Improv, I don't know that people know about that. I do remember a couple of years ago, I think it was after I worked there. You guys told me that Taps came in from the TV show ghost Hunters and did now what was that all about?
Speaker 3: So they contacted us. It was really I didn't expect it at all, and they contacted us and they just wanted to come through, and they like had all these lights and this equipment, and we literally spent the night there. It was me, Page and uh Nicole was there. We had when we were all like, we stayed till like five o'clock in the morning, and we did the upstairs the new green room, which I've never felt anything there.
Speaker 1: Which where is that in the above the lab? Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, like where.
Speaker 3: You go and you hang out for your shows. And they went there. We went into the showroom and Bud Friedman had an old and they were like asking questions of people, and they had like these cool lights that would like light up. Remember, we were like asking questions and Bud had His assistant was fran Cowan. She was amazing. I think she passed at like ninety five years old, but she'd always wear these big heels. She was very always had her lash's done. She was one. When I was thirty years old, she told me I had jowls like she had, like you know she was. She was like very young, hard She's like, you need to go see somebody have jowls. Oh my god, Like I don't have gowls. I'm thirty, Franny. But anyway, she had just passed a couple of years before and they asked like his Fran, are you here? And the light went on in the on the main stage, but they went up to the mezzanine. All my experiences have been in the mezzanine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I only had one, but it was up there too. Which is so you're talking about. If you go into the venue, you go into like the restaurant, bar, the upstairs.
Speaker 3: Right like as soon as you walk into the main the front door, you'll see a set of stairs, a staircase that goes up. Now up we call that the mezzanine. And it used to be where there were booths and there were dining tables up there, so we could feed people like an overflow. People would eat up there. But then if you went to the left, now there's a full wall, but it used to be a pony wall, like a half wall. And then if you went to the left, looked like a little lounge area. We had a we had booked the shelves in there, they were built in, and we had a sofa. And then right there was the entrance to our office. And remember our office, you had to like go down and duck under the wall. That was Bud's office, everybody's office for years and years until we moved to the other side. But that was our office for years and up against the on the other side of that. I know, it's hard to explain. Is the main showroom, Yeah, but it's upstairs. So that whole mezzanine area is where my experiences have happened.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's hear some stories. Okay, So what was your first experience at the Hollywood and Braze So.
Speaker 3: I transferred in in ninety nine and I was twenty eight years old. And my boss at the time, you know, Melrose at Melrose Area were open till two and then by the time you're doing paperwork, you know, it's three, three thirty four o'clock in the morning. My boss at the time said he was very serious. He said, rita Melrose changes after a certain time, right like the alleyway. The alley's right behind us, and he said, I will if I catch you here alone, I will fire you. He was very clear with me. And I feel like as I've been talking to more and more people, people didn't believe me at first, but the more I talk to people, it seems like these this is happening to people that are new there, because all of this is kind of in my first two years. Because now when i'm alone there, I feel very I feel like when they realize that you're supposed to be there, that it's very comforting to me now. But it wasn't then.
Speaker 1: I had no clue that it was haunted. I didn't think about it being haunted nothing. And when I worked there as a door person, one of your jobs is to make sure all the doors are locked. At the end of the night and and I guess, you know, make sure that there's not people creeping or I don't know. So I went to that upstairs that we're talking about, and I noticed that the one door was like slightly open the door if you go up the stairs, and one on the left that's like a little green room. That door was open, and so I went to shut it, and I thought I locked it, but I went to shut it, and then I walked down and I'd shut off the lights, and I was going down the stairs in the restaurant bar and I heard the door creak open and so and I like stopped and I was like, wait, because it's not like a door that like it's you know, you shut it and it locks in or whatever, like it's not going to just open. So I thought that was kind of weird. And then I went to walk back up and it shut, like it shut real abruptly. So I don't know what that was all about. But then I remember I went to you well, I went to like Jay, the manager, and I was like, is this place haunted? And he was like, yeah, you know, Rita said a couple of things before and then I talked to you, and you're like, bitch, I got stories.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you. That area that you're describing, right at the top landing of the staircase is literally where all my stuff comes from. My first one was I was alone there one night. I was not balancing. I knew I was going to be. They're recounting the money, and I let and it was right when I started when he warned me, and I let the door guy go because he was exhausted and I was counting my money, and I heard very clear footsteps coming up that staircase and to the point where I jumped up, and I was thinking, I'm fired. I don't know what I'm going to tell him, because he would go out partying, and I thought he'd just stopped by the club to check on me, and there was nobody there, Like I went running out of the office and there was nobody there. But the second situation was again I was closing, and this is you know, a few like a year later, and I was closing and I had one person there close there with me, and the same thing. I wasn't balancing. I knew I was going to take a while. And I was in my office and I said, you know what, just go ahead and take off. I'm going to be here a while. So as soon as he so, he went out the office, down the stairs, out the double front doors, and I heard the doors close, and literally, like within a minute, it sounded like roz. It sounded like four to six people in the showroom on the other side of the wall, like they were throwing furniture around. It was like moving furniture crashing, And my heart is pounding, and I thought, I literally thought that there was somebody in our club that saw him leave and thought and they thought it was they were alone and they were taking our sound equipment. I thought that we were being robbed. H And it was right on the other side of the wall and that office area. And it stopped very abruptly because because I was standing up and I said, God, did I just hear what I think I just heard? And then it was like it answered me because then again boom, boom boom. It sounded like they were throwing tables and chairs and like trying to get up high and get our lights because we have expensive shit in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I smacked my head. I went running down like out of the office and we had that half wall. I smacked my head on the wall. I almost fell down the stairs. I went running down the stairs. I had my purse and my phone. Almost fell down the stairs, straight out the door, and I went running past Fred Siegels and I called nine one one. I'm like, somebody is in my club and they are robbing us right now. Cops pull up, go to clear, they go in there. They're in there for maybe fifteen minutes, clearing the place. They come out. They look at me like I'm smoking heroin.
Speaker 1: Nothing.
Speaker 3: There was nothing. I went in there in the showroom was perfectly in place. And That's what I'm like.
Speaker 1: Now, did you have at that point? Were their cameras in the show room.
Speaker 3: No, we didn't get cameras in that club until twenty thirteen.
Speaker 1: Wow. I wonder how that noise was being made if there was nothing.
Speaker 3: I don't know. It was really really scary. But my next experience, I had two experiences with shadow people right in that area. You're talking about Roz exactly in that area.
Speaker 1: Okay, what happened?
Speaker 3: So our first show about shady people like shadow people shadow, I had to look it up. It was it was so.
Speaker 1: Because I've met some shady people on Melrose. Nowadays, on Melrose, if you haven't been to Melrose in Hollywood, California, it's nothing but seventeen year olds with face tattoos that have really expensive cars and I don't know why, and they're all in line to buy new sneakers.
Speaker 3: Yeah it they.
Speaker 1: But that was not this. This was shadow people.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I was running the floor and the first show was very, very busy. The second show not so much. But the first show was getting out and it was hectic. And one of my services, it was Jay, it was before he was a manager. I said, Jay, I'll meet you upstairs in a couple minutes to check you out. You know, it's like get his paperwork, get his money. But it took me a little while. So the bottom area was packed, the top area, the mezzanine, we didn't see dinners up there. It was dark, so we used to have lights up there. It was completely dark and I started walking up the stairs and right in that area that you're talking about, there used to be a half wall to the left you're walking up the stairs. I saw the outline of this person jump and like bend down, like jump around the wall like they were hiding like you know what I'm saying, like mischievous, like jumping and hiding.
Speaker 1: Like do you think they saw you? And they're like it was absolutely.
Speaker 3: They were hiding from me. Yeah. And I'm marching up the stairs and I go, Jay, I see you. You're such a butthole.
Speaker 1: I see you.
Speaker 3: You're gonna jump out and scare me. And I go up there and there's nobody there, and I could holy crap. And that was the second time that I had seen the shadow person. There.
Speaker 1: I describe the shadow person.
Speaker 3: It looks like a full It was a big. It was a male, definitely, and it was a full, like physical, solid, perfectly black outline of a person. And I didn't know they were called shadow people. I'd never experienced this until I went and researched it. I mean I literally I called my brother in law. He was going to he was gonna be a priest before he met.
Speaker 1: My sister, Oh seminary.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I called him. I'm like, do we believe in this stuff? Because all this stuff is happening and I'm I'm seeing this stuff and he said absolutely, So I had never heard of it. And then I did some research and yeah, there's a lot on shadow people. And I saw another time going up the stairs, maybe like a few months later. It went to the right, So I'm going up the stairs. It was dark and it went to the right, and I thought it was a customer because you were there. It's like sometimes people would wander up there. Yeah, And I thought a customer was up there and like lost because it walked to the right and I said, honey, do you need some lights up here? I can get you some lights up beer? What are you doing? And there was no one there.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: You think it was the same person, yes, Like the physicality of it was the same.
Speaker 1: So I think it could be a comedian. I mean, if they're mischievous like that, if they're playing tricks on you, they're making noise.
Speaker 3: I've been thinking about this before we were going to sit down, and I'm not sure because there's so many characters that sit at that bar.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 3: There's so many characters that are regulars that either wanted to be comedians or they were writers that were staples there.
Speaker 1: Well, and it's a place. I mean, I certainly feel very connected to it. I mean, maybe I'll haunt it one day.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, what's gonna happen when Ros haunts us. I can't even imagine.
Speaker 1: Comedian television's yaes, Sir Leicester.
Speaker 3: He was our office manager before he really know his got his took flight. Yeah, and he was our office manager, I want to say, for like two years. But he has a story as well, because I remember this exchange and he said that we could give him an.
Speaker 1: Okay, up, Let's try to call him and see what he has to say.
Speaker 3: Hello, you're there, Yes, and press hi asker Lester, okay, Hi answer, this is Ro's dress for les How are you?
Speaker 2: Let's go on on.
Speaker 1: Okay, what happened to you at the improv?
Speaker 2: Okay? So I don't know how much you been filled in on, but I was, I don't know. Close to ten years ago, I worked in the front office technically the upstairs office. I would do like the you know, the balancing of the books, the prelim balancing of the books stuff. Because of that, I came in first thing in the morning to get it ready for the managers that evening you know, you know, was the head of the club. So I would get everything during the day ready for her to handle it at night. So one morning I usually got there around, you know, between nine and nine thirty, and most times the cleaning guy his name of Jesus, he was there. But for whatever reason, this one morning, I don't know if he was late, if he didn't he had the day off or something crazy, whatever, He's not in the building. So it's just me. I'm balancing the books and keep in mind, like I am scared of like ghost stuff, but I'm not, like, since I'm not always looking for ghosts, you know what I mean. As a matter of fact, I think I'm doing the opposite. I'm like always trying to avoid the idea of a ghost because I don't want to be scared.
Speaker 1: Okay, did you think that this place was haunted at the time when this happened.
Speaker 2: Or did I'd heard stories? But I also I will say that I think a lot of times just with a certain whether scientifically or not, I do think certain places and you know, concentrations of energy can exist, you know. So when people said it was haunted, I was kind of like, okay, like, but I didn't. I didn't think anything of it more than you know, a second or two, you know, sure, But at this time I was spitting in the office, and so it's completely the office is completely upstairs, and to get in you would walk on a door. Then there was a half wall. Yes, we were just talking about under. Yeah, so we had to crawl under this half wall. And there's no quick way to do it. You can't get in, you can't get out, like truly in case of an emergency. It's probably it was a very dangerous thing to have.
Speaker 1: That's probably why it's not there anymore.
Speaker 2: So I'm sitting there one morning, I'm balancing the books at this point, probably like nine five in the morning. Keep in mind, I'd been up for you know, at least two or three hours. It's not like it wasn't like something I rolled out of bed and got there, or you know what I'm saying. I'm not at this point, I wasn't even drinking anymore. So there's all of the classic excuses are tossed out the window. I'm sitting there, balancing the books again, I'm by myself. To the breath I felt on my ear so I had a ceiling it literally felt it. And then someone whispered in my ear. They just went, yes, sir, They just said my name, and they said it perfectly. And again I felt the air of the dinner words on my ear, and I was like, oh, that was weird. So I turn around, reactively thinking it's Rita or like Rita in early for some reason, or Hayesus or somebody. And I turned around and there's literally no one there. Also, keep in mind, to get into the office outside of the half hole, you would have to hear them come in. It's physically impossible to sneak in and out. So I felt sick and I went, oh that was so. It took me a second because I turned around like kind of giggling, like I was a thought to catch someone and be like what are you doing? And there was no one there. And I sat there for a second and I took a very deep breath and then I ran out as fast as I could. I've never been more scared outside of like an actual danger, you know, outside the car, active or something. It was the scariest moment. I hauled. I like, I screamed for Haesus's name, but he wasn't there, because I was just trying to double check. I got outside, I stood on the curb and I don't know if Rita told you, but I called her and I was like, Rita, something is wrong. Someone just whispered my ear, whispered in my ear at the improv, I know, no one's here, and she was just like, oh, oh my god, like I'm gonna to be there as quickly as possible. And I just stood outside.
Speaker 1: Do you think it?
Speaker 2: Because I was like, I couldn't go back in. I've never I'm telling you, I was sick to my stomach terrified.
Speaker 1: Could you tell though, Like, looking back, do you think it was a male voice or a female voice or do you have any idea what kind of ghost?
Speaker 2: It was absolutely a male voice. It was unmistakably male.
Speaker 1: Because we're talking about this shadow figure ghost man up there. That sounds mischievous that Rita was telling me stories about it sounds like the same person. I don't know who that is.
Speaker 2: Though, wait for that last part again, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Who it is. We're trying to get to the bottom of it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I don't know who it is either, but it was It was mortifying. And I've had other like I have sweet paralysis, there's other things that like in my life where I was like, was that a ghost? And it is all easily explained away, And I also truly believe that, like in most of these circumstances, you can go like you were tired or this set of circumstances led to this set right. Like most times, you can explain it away, this one, it's not just the idea that this thing said my name, because you can hear things, you know, auditory hallucinations are extremely valid and real. The problem is that I also felt the air on me. It truly, and I told Rita this before. It was it was so in my ear. I could essentially feel my ear drum rattle. It was. It was in the recesses of my body. It was the again, like when I when I talk about, like, you know, other worldly experiences, it is the first one I talk about. It is and it is weirdly something that I think on our deathbed to bind me and Rita we will talk about until until we're out of here. It was just, you know, it was just insane. It was so scary.
Speaker 3: I mean even a decade later when I because Yahser was actually you know, performing last night at our show, which you're so exciting. He was in the on the main stage, and before I left, I go, oh my god, yes, you're here. I need to go down and just you know, see if he'd be if we can call him, or if he just you know, give me remind me of all the details. And ten years later, when I said, hey, I need to talk to you in the hallway last night, I go, yes, I'm doing I'm doing a podcast tomorrow about ghosts, and his face just.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: I immediately his face was like, oh my god, yes please, and I'll just I'll never forget it. He was he was literally wouldn't go back in the building. Yeah, maybe he was just I could see the blood ran out of his head.
Speaker 1: How how much longer did you work after that?
Speaker 2: I mean I haven't worked the rest of the day. It was an hour we done.
Speaker 1: But like, did you stay at the company? How much longer were you an employee?
Speaker 2: Though? Oh? Oh, I mean years? Probably another two years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would have been terrified the entire time I was.
Speaker 2: We talked about it constantly. We talked about it constantly.
Speaker 1: Like would you hear Rita?
Speaker 2: After that? I feel like, Rita, that's when you told me the story of like hearing the piano playing late at night and got.
Speaker 1: To that one yet have you did you hear other people telling ghost stories when you work there, not until.
Speaker 2: I told mine. I swear to you, it wasn't. It wasn't something that like, because again, had I I'm telling you, I would have written it off as like, oh, I've been predisposed to think that it's this thing, when in actuality, I was thinking a thought and the air conditioner kicked on and it like brushed against my ear, you know what I mean. Like, there's so many things that I would have I would have written it off for. But I'm telling you, the moment I started telling people, there are people that told me, you know that as they were walking upstairs to the office one morning, that they would they saw a man like sitting at the table, and then the moment they got out there, it was gone. You know, weird things like that. But again, none of that was said until I started sharing my story. So it's almost as if we had this shared experience. But we all either are afraid of sounding crazy, you know, quote unquote, or you're just so nervous about it you don't wanna you don't want to speak it into existence, you know what I mean. Or you know, there's even like the idea of like making this thing mad, you know, so uh so. Yeah, Rita was the only person that knew for a long time, and it's just because I was so scared. She she was the first person I called.
Speaker 1: Well, thanks so much for.
Speaker 2: Sharing, Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you. We'll talk to you later. I have a great thanks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or at least I mean people like you fortify me. Thank you, because some people are like, what, oh I love you so much?
Speaker 1: Bye bye, yeah, bye bye?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, can you believe that?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, wait, what's the piano story.
Speaker 3: The piano story is just and that's just not me. That's a shared experience where you're just up in the office and we hear the piano playing. And sometimes, like guys like Craig Robinson, you know, they like to hang out after hours. We'd like to feel, you know, like everybody's super welcome. And I don't have a problem. Somebody's down there fucking around while I'm doing the paperwork, you know, But I was alone, and I just heard the piano playing, and I'm like shit, you know, Craig, back in the day, zach Alivhanacus used to play on the piano, so I thought maybe somebody was doing it, but there was no one there. But we had one manager. His name was Big Mike, and he like ran strip clubs in Vegas and then back. He is a big, burly guy. He smoked tons of pot and like eat our pies and the the kitchen after hours. He was so funny, but he would give me shit because I was trying to tell people that this is happening to me. And we started around the same time. I feel like he started maybe a month after me, and he was just giving me shit like I was crazy. And literally he's like a big He was a big guy probably you know, six foot three, two fifty big guy. And he said, oh my god, he heard the piano playing too. It was like through the wall there in our office, It's like it's no one there, and there was no one there.
Speaker 1: Are they good at piano?
Speaker 3: No, It was just kind of like this dinking around. Yeah, it wasn't like you know, Bach or anything, but yeah.
Speaker 1: So was it Sebastian Bob at.
Speaker 3: Least it was, but that kind of you know.
Speaker 1: Well, it's interesting with places like this because clearly the ghosts. That's when I really believe that there's certain people that ghosts are drawn to or like. And why is it that some people have worked there for twenty years or more and might not even have experiences like I think you're one of those people like me that ghosts are into.
Speaker 3: Well, I feel like I am. I'm an emotionally open person. I'm you know, I'm super open and communicative with people. And I talked to you know you going back to people that have been there a long time. Last night I talked to John Kirk and he's been a server there almost thirty years, but he did have like a two year break where he took off because we had some crazy management come in, so we took off and then we brought him back in and he said, last night he told me that when he first came back, he was going towards the showroom. There was a show going on, and he was going into the showroom and there was a doorman standing there and the door just opened for him. The door opened and then and he just stood there looking at it, and then it closed back up.
Speaker 1: Whoa.
Speaker 3: And he said that was the first time because he said he would he was looking around like, why aren't they doing stuff to me? You know, when I was talking about it, But he said that was a really spooky moment. And Jay had the same thing with the footsteps.
Speaker 1: I just don't think a lot of people know that it's haunted, you know. I think because my experience was just like Yaser, where I didn't have any idea and then you know, something happened and then I spoke about it.
Speaker 3: M No, I haven't. I wonder if this will maybe bring up more stories.
Speaker 1: So talking about you being someone that ghosts, like, I know you have other stories outside of the improv and terrifying story. Yeah, what is this one you were telling me about? You had some kind of sounds like a demon to me.
Speaker 3: So I had this is more recent. This is my little house. I live in this sweet little like a guesthouse. It's like a little cottage. It's only about you know, maybe six hundred square feet one bedroom, really cozy, tiny, but it's over I think it's close to one hundred years old.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: And I love it there. And it's up like two flights of stairs. It's behind a main house and it's got like the colonial look, you know, it's got French doors and windows and like the pillars outside. It's just darling. And I had this is in twenty This is about five years ago and I'm in La by myself. The only sense of family that I have would be work or you know. Somebody that I'm very that I've loved for a long time is comic Pablo Francisco, and he's he was on the road all the time. So I've had multiple surgeries, you know, unfortunately, and when I would have any kind of medical issue or something, he would get a car service for me. And it was family owned. And this lady, her name was deb she had she was a recovering addict. She'd been sober for I think a decade. She was just like one of those really nice but just you get like a darkness about them, you know what I'm saying, Like she just you could tell that she had a very hard past and you know, a little pessimistic, but just like you know, people have like an aura around them, like a I don't know, juju around them, or they're either like very light and fun. She did not have that. But she was very kind to me, and she you know, did the job. But her and her brother would go they would take me to surgeries and bring me home after surgery. So she brings me home one day and I needed her to carry up some groceries right, because I had to go get some stuff for food and I couldn't carry them up. And she comes up. She'd never been in my home. She comes up and she was very awkward, like you could tell she didn't want to be there. So I walked in. I sat on the couch. She goes into my kitchen. When you walk into my house, it's a little living room and to the left is a doorway to a galley kitchen and like a little dining area. And she walked in there and she dropped the buy bags out and roz. She was in and out like in fifteen seconds, Like she was uncomfortable. She like went in there socially awkward. She drops the bags off, comes back out out the door, and I look up and I see like this, it looked like a goat. Oh what It was a goat on its hind legs. It had hoofs and it ran like in her direction. It ran from my kitchen towards the window, so through the doorway to the other side. It was brief, but I could clearly see.
Speaker 1: It now, not like do you It wasn't like a person goat like it was an actual like it looked like a goat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a goat, like up on its hind legs, big head, and it was like it was like a brown color. It was like almost transparent, but it was brown in color, and it went like it chased her. She went out my door and it like went out at almost the same time, and I remember thinking, she just brought this into my house.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, I mean that's definitely a belief that people have entities attached to them. And I mean, you have to be careful sometimes, so you let into your house forced.
Speaker 3: I mean I was just like, bitch, you need to get the al out, go, get in your call and drive away. But I'll never forget it. And like the way that it moved was very animal like, and it was like it was like running out with her. It didn't want it didn't walk, it ran And I just remember I was in shock, like did I just see that? Because you know, a couple hours earlier, I was, you know, medicated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was gonna ask that.
Speaker 3: I don't think it was anything like that. I clearly saw it.
Speaker 1: But then stuff started happening in relation to that, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was in bed one night and you know, we're vampires in this business. So I was like forcing myself to go to bed. So I was, I was awake and forcing myself to try to get some sleep. Otherwise you missed the whole entire next day and I was in my bed and I had like printed sheets my pillowcase and like the sheets over me, they were printed and they had multiple like these flowers or like a border around the flowers. And I was, I was still, and I felt it wasn't like a grabbing. It was like a very slow grasping of my feet. I'm freaking out. I'm okay, freaking out. Yeah, Like I slept with the crucifix after this, for like a couple of weeks. Yeah, I slept with the with the cross.
Speaker 1: That is terrifying.
Speaker 3: It was these hands and they slowly grabbed onto my feet and it started pulling me. And the reason and I brought up the pattern of my sheets is because I could see the pattern of these flowers slowly going past my eyes. Do you know what I'm saying? That I could see the pattern moving like I was. It was so slow, like I was being slowly dragged off of my bed towards the foot of my bed. And I remember very clearly thinking somebody broke into my house. He bashed me over the top of the head. I don't remember this, and my head's gonna hit the floor. I remember thinking, he's he's gonna I'm I'm gonna die and he's dragging me off of my bed and my head is gonna end up. My head is gonna end up hitting the floor.
Speaker 1: How far down the bed were you?
Speaker 3: I ended up like with my feet on the floor, like I was sitting almost in a sitting position.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: When I came up and I ran out of my house, I screw and I ran out of my house, and.
Speaker 1: Of course there was nobody there.
Speaker 3: I've I've never been like how how Yaser was saying before. I've I've never been that scared. And that's when I called, you know, another someone in my church and talked to them about it. I'm like I and they were talking about how there's demons and they'll come in if there's something not right in your life, or there's something not right, you could have brought it in from somewhere where you were around, somebody that had the sort of energy.
Speaker 1: And car service lady brought it in.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Wait, So did you feel like it felt like a human grabbing your life.
Speaker 3: It was two hands, one hand arm like a human. Yes, one hand on each foot because I remember it like slowly grasping. You know, I've heard stories of like ghost tickling feed and you know, kind of fun, and no, this was a slow it felt evil grabbing onto my feet, like grasping, tightening and then pulling. And I think the most terrifying part of it was watching that, watching the pattern of my bed cheeks going past you know, my like my cheek like I was being dragged off my bed.
Speaker 1: So so how did this end? Because it's not still going on right.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I this is gonna.
Speaker 2: I had.
Speaker 3: I slept with the Cross and what I've been doing Catholic, I am yeah. My mom and dad are Sicilian, they came over from Sicily say, I was raised Catholic. Even to this day, last night I sleep with the big pillows, like decorative pillows I have on my bed. I sleep with them on my feet. Since that time, you won't get that. I never feel that again, like to that, to this to this day. Last night, that's part of my going to bed process is I put pillows over my feet and I put them, I'm gonna cry, and I put them on my body because it was that terrifying. And I have a cross next to my bed. But after initially that, I slept with the cross like next to me, holding it, big old, big old Italian cross too, that's on my nightstand. I slept with it and the only and I got rid of everything. Like you know those candles you see in the grocery store, they were like of Jesus. There are those big tall candle have that Yeah, oh my gosh, you burn them for you burn them. They burned for like five days. You're not supposed to blow them out. I threw like everything out in my I had a couple of those, and I thought maybe they had been I know, it sounds so crazy to say, but I felt like maybe those were hext or something.
Speaker 1: But were they Catholic?
Speaker 3: No, they were just like they just said the Jesus thing with like the with the with the prayer on the back. So I don't know what denomination they were, but you know, still, so I got rid of those in the house and I haven't felt anything since that.
Speaker 1: And that last incident was five years ago.
Speaker 3: Is twenty yes, twenty fourteen. It would have been yeah, twenty fourteen, so five years ago, and I just went through a phase like that. Next week when I had the cross, I would pray the Rosary, I'd pray the Rosary out loud. I would say, you know, glory be, Glory be to the Father and to the Son into the Holy Spirit. I would say it, you know, world without end. I would say it like you know twenty times or that our Father.
Speaker 1: See. Now, I was raised Catholic. I do not identify as a Catholic, but I've had a lot of topics or a lot of discussion on the show in recent times about do I believe in demons or just dark energies or I'm not really sure how I feel about that, but whatever it is, I do know that there are energies that do not like our Father and rosaries, and that scares them off. That's one thing I know. Not that I'm trying to make people be Catholic or anything, but I've seen I mean, that's what extracisms are, right.
Speaker 3: I always like viewed it as I had a really good experience, but it's growing up in the Catholic Church. But I identify it more as a cultural thing. It brings me peace because I know, like my father and his father and his father and his father and his father and our father and our father, you know, all did this. So that brings me a sense of peace. So I think, I know that's why I kind of run to that. Yeah, like, but that was my only weapon. I know.
Speaker 1: It works for a lot of people. And like I said, it seems to work against demons. Oh my god, if those are real. And I believe that whatever you were dealing with, that sounds to me like what people explain demons as, I mean, a goat on hind legs. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And you know what's funny, like kind of going back to our conversation with yass or, is you know talking about is that in some some sort is it in the in the living, in your mind somewhere it's something that you've thought about in the past, something that you've been in the past. I'd never thought in that context at all, especially with the goat. I mean you'd hear it, I guess throughout your you know, bits and pieces, I guess, but it's not something that I I was ambushed by it. It's not something that I ever like explored in my mind or thought even had a thought about on a personal level. So that's why I think scared. Why it scared the shit out of me so much, is because it just really came out of nowhere. And it was the timing of it too with her that I'm like, yeah, something, something's chasing her, something's leaving with her.
Speaker 1: Have you seen her since then?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I see. Your stories are stories of ghosts, in my opinion, kind of being dangerous because you've had two instances where you thought you were being assaulted or someone was breaking and entering or whatever stuff like that. That's when you got a problem. And that's when it's like, this isn't a cute ghost. This is like right, this isn't a cold Yeah.
Speaker 3: This isn't a ghost hiding for me or you know. I had an experience, My very first experience was a see through white ghost, those transparent Say what when was this? This was in nineteen ninety It was whenever the Phoenix Suns were playing the Bulls in the final championship for the NBA.
Speaker 1: And the reason why, well, yeah, I would know what year it was.
Speaker 3: I think it was ninety one or ninety two. But I had I had this boyfriend and you know, big Italian family, big Italian father, Macho Baracco, and I'd been I'd been at his house and the living room was situated you'd sit and face the TV, and then off to the right was a hallway and there was like a little pod of rooms, you know, like down this hallway there were two rooms to the right and the master bedroom to the left, and then a bathroom. And I would say probably six or seven times while I was watching TV over you know, of course of some months, I would see it was definitely a woman. She was in all white, like a flowy but it wasn't normal. I kind of feel like it was a night shirt, almost like a nightgown. And out of the corner of my eye, I would see this person walk from one side of the hallway to the other right, and I wouldn't say anything to anybody. It's like what we're what we've been talking about. You don't want to say anything to anybody because they're gonna think you're crazy. Yeah, And I would see it go. It would be like, I don't know, every every couple of visits or when we were watching TV, it wasn't every single time.
Speaker 1: And she was see through, she was see.
Speaker 3: Through and she would go from right to left or left to right right. So I didn't say anything. In the reason ghost right, she was a ghosty ghost. I didn't say anything. And then we were watching the NBA Finals. That's why I remember this so clearly, because a whole family was sitting there and we were watching the game and I saw it again and I said, and it went from left to right, she went left to right. And I just said, fuck it, I'm gonna say so go did you guys just see? And every one of them, even his father, mister Italian, was like, oh my god, we've been saying this. Are you seeing it? Like the family hadn't even discussed amongst themselves.
Speaker 1: Oh really, nobody.
Speaker 3: Had discussed it, but everybody had been seeing it. It was not my home, it was their home. Wow, every single person on that family in Do you think they had been there maybe? I think relatively, maybe a couple of years, but they all just everybody stood up and like, oh my god, I've been seeing this. I thought it was crazy, and they all had she it's it's a lady. It's an old lady. She's wearing she's in white.
Speaker 1: Was she like floating or walking she was.
Speaker 3: Walking, but she wasn't threatening or anything. She just I feel like it's somebody that died in the house and she's like wandering around trying to find her medication. I mean, that's kind of the like the way her gate. She was like, she's like wandering around, like huh, where's my blood pressure and medication or like, you know, I need to take an insulin injection.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: She's just kind of like wandering. It wasn't you know, uh, And she'd go back and for weird.
Speaker 1: You want to hear some ghost voices? Yeah, okay, it's time for it. EVP or ev plice. Do you know what an EVP is? Okay, EVP is electronic voice phenomena. It's when on like ghost Hunter shows, they capture a voice. They called it an EVP. So I go to YouTube and I find EVPs, so ghost voices, and I want you to guess what the ghost hunter believes these ghosts are saying, Oh no, or what you think they're saying? Just a good just a good guess. Sometimes it's an EVP, sometimes it's an ev police. So the the first one is from gas Paranormal is what they're called on YouTube, and this is in Burlington County Prison Museum in Mount Holly, New Jersey. Uh, you might hear a little bit of the ghost hunter speaking, but you can tell which one is the ghost voice. It's a little more raspy. All right, tell me what you think they're saying.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the voice. I cut it off before the ghost hunter started. Okay, let's try it again.
Speaker 3: Sounds like it sounds like he's he's got like an Australian accent. Can you play one more time? I have no idea.
Speaker 1: I'll give you some options. Is it A who's that messy bitch? B Guess who's pregnant? C? Who's that message for? Or D who's a prisoner?
Speaker 3: Play a woman? I think it's who's that messy bitch?
Speaker 1: It's who's that message?
Speaker 2: For?
Speaker 3: That message?
Speaker 1: But we've all been there, who's that messy bitch?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: I don't know if I can do this for real. I've never heard a ghost outside of the noise, like I've never heard a voice of a guest.
Speaker 1: Well, welcome to ghost it. Here's another one. This one is from Jersey Paranormal Investigations and it was in a private private house in Pittman, New Jersey. Okay, here we go. Oh, this is a little bit more whispery here, let's try it again.
Speaker 3: God, I'm here something, I'm here.
Speaker 1: That's a good guess. Okay, is it a look at it from here? B look out about here? See look Adam is here? Or d just whisper?
Speaker 3: What was the first what was the first option?
Speaker 1: Look at it from here? Look at it from here? That's look out about here. That doesn't even make sense is look at it from here?
Speaker 3: So they don't give you what they how they translated like, that's just what they.
Speaker 1: Guess, that's just what they assume. But I always think it's funny because ghost centers are like, no, this is what they said.
Speaker 3: I mean if I heard something like that, I don't know what I would do. You I would have to go to a hospital.
Speaker 1: What if you heard yes sir with the breath? Well it would be really creepy if you heard it. Oh thanks Rita, God I love that episode. Oh and also special shout out to Yasir Lester, the comedian an actor who made a little cameo in that. That was so fun. So okay, here's something I'm going to do. Here is a special offer please if you buy ticket to the live show this weekend, since we do have two handfuls of them left that I want to get rid of. If you have bought tickets already or you plan on buying tickets, send me an email at ghosted by Ras at gmail dot com and just you know, tell me that you bought tickets, give me like the confirmation code that they give you, or just snap a photo of it and send it to me, just so I know that you bought a ticket, and then I'll give you a free ticket, so kind of a buy one, get one free kind of a thing. So yeah, let's do that. Just email me. Ghosted by ros at gmail dot com. All right, guys, please join the Facebook group Ghosted by Roz dress Fales. Also follow me on Instagram Roz dress Fales. Please rate us five stars on Apple Podcasts or wherever else you do that. If you have a ghost story, you can leave it in a five star review on Apple Podcasts or in the Facebook group, or you can email me ghosted by Rose at gmail dot com wherever you want to. Guys, I love you all, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me. Hey Bye.
Speaker 2: Star Bans a podcast, a podcast network,