Speaker 1: Warning.
Speaker 2: This episode contains a bunch of adult language and subject matter. Please proceed with caution. What about the halfway mark for our book club? Has everyone purchased their book or rented their book? Where are we on the reading journey of Blob a Love Story by.
Speaker 3: You've already done already, you know what.
Speaker 2: I have not started.
Speaker 3: Do your homework?
Speaker 2: Person, I am you know, but I actually have not started yet. I was kind of putting my feelers out to see where you guys are.
Speaker 1: I can't believe you haven't started yet.
Speaker 2: I can't believe you set this up.
Speaker 1: And you have not started yet.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable. I haven't know. Do you have the book? Do you do have? Is you've bought the book?
Speaker 2: I have the book in the library.
Speaker 1: Did you can you rent a book?
Speaker 2: How did you check it out?
Speaker 3: To mend a book?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I was going to say.
Speaker 4: When you said rent a book, I was like, is it like you have to be twenty six?
Speaker 1: You have to have your license?
Speaker 2: Exactly, it's one year older than you need to be to rest.
Speaker 4: Never get the insurance on the book. That's a scam exactly, Like yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: No, I got and then it falls in the incinerator.
Speaker 3: It does.
Speaker 1: No, I have the book.
Speaker 4: I have not started the book because I still have like three hundred pages left of the fantasy novel that I'm in right now, and I cannot do that.
Speaker 5: For sure, I would be way behind. But I'm actually ahead of you, guys. Now, I'm only nineteen pages in.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, so you just started too, Okay, twenty three pages.
Speaker 3: I got this many notes on the back.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, on nineteen pages.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, I see a nice pen stuck in there. Did you ever find Christmas pen stuck in any other book? No?
Speaker 3: No, don't know where Christmas pen win.
Speaker 5: It was a great gift, it was, I mean, hundred dollars bookmark is a wonderful gift.
Speaker 2: I still check every single day for writers leather jacket. I still I really do I have. It'd be awesome if you could lose one every year.
Speaker 5: It makes me so sad because it really is like. We found that one pretty quickly with one of our listeners sent it to us. I assumed they.
Speaker 2: Were out there, Yeah, it's right now.
Speaker 3: They're not out there, No, they're not.
Speaker 2: It's really hard to find. Going back to book club, we did hear from the author Maggie Sue, which is our Instagram.
Speaker 3: Cool until we don't like the book and then we can't talk.
Speaker 1: About it exactly.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I hope we like it.
Speaker 2: I hope so oh writers got nineteen, He's already got notes on page nineteen.
Speaker 1: I've written the first chapter.
Speaker 3: I'm saying nothing.
Speaker 1: I'm saying nothing.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Pod meets World. I'm Daniel Fischl, I'm writer Strong, and I'm Wilfredell. Season six is here. We have had our own fears about entering the final two seasons Boy Meets World. Thanks to these small fragments of memories, we still have the glimpses of our souls leaving our body mid scene already visible in season five, and the warnings we get from you listeners like uh huh, here we go or they are not gonna like this. But we are going in with an open mind like we always do. And one high point we can hang our hats on is the addition of a new character, a love interest, if that's what the writers wanted to call it. Rachel McGuire, played by an actress who was so much taller than us. Our boom mics can be seen in her first episodes because our boom operators weren't used to actors with any height being on set. She began her career on soap operas and had a guest star spot on Home Improvement, then was introduced on our show alongside Penbrook College, a brand new environment for our little high school graduates. We've already had some questions about what exactly the writers were doing with this edition, and she might have the answer. No slight to her. She genuinely did as much as she humanly could with what was given to her, But come on, give the girl a storyline. Luckily, she'd stick around right through the end of the series with many more stories to tell, including a farewell trip to the Peace Corps. But in real life, she's made the trip to hardcore. She's now a top a spicier career, navigating the industry of adult entertainment and making headlines along the way. And coincidentally, a girl moving in with two guys is still a storyline she can act in. So now, as we enter the enigma that is season six, we are happy to welcome to Pod meets World. Maitland Ward. We were just laughing because in your intro and included a little line that said that you were. You stuck around right through to the end of the series with many more stories to tell, including a farewell trip to the Peace Corps. But in real life, she's made the trip to hardcore. Yeah, we thought we thought you might like that. You thought you'd get a kick out of it. So we were just laughing.
Speaker 6: About that, that Peace Corps.
Speaker 2: I know what happened. Maybe you have the answer for us. Thank you so much for coming on before Boy Meets World. You were in almost two hundred and fifty episodes of The Bold and the Beautiful.
Speaker 6: Yes, I had a very like thick soap Upper Fast.
Speaker 3: I guess you got two hundred and fifty episodes. What was that three weeks?
Speaker 6: Working on soap is the hardest job and people don't like appreciate as much as I would because we would do like three shows in two days. Like Yeah, so I was on like three years or whatever.
Speaker 2: Wow, that is so many episodes.
Speaker 6: It's so many. And I was in school at the time, and I know you guys know about being in school and like working at the same time. Although it was different from me because I was the only person in school except for two year.
Speaker 2: Olds and so were you You were you in high school?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I was in high school. Yeah, oh wow, I started it when I was like sixteen.
Speaker 1: So, like, was that in La or was that in New York?
Speaker 6: That was in La? It was in La.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're originally from Californ yet, But what got you into acting? What was your origin story? You know what?
Speaker 6: I got into acting. I always wanted to do it. I loved like playing characters and and just you know, but I was I wasn't a Hollywood kid at all, Like I was. My parents were like, wait till you're old enough.
Speaker 3: Wait, you know where you.
Speaker 6: Can make your own decisions and stuff, and and you know, they didn't know all about it or anything. So but I actually was in Uh. I got my braces off when I was sixteen, and I went because I was a big soap opera fan anyway at that age.
Speaker 2: Who did you watch soap operas with? Because I have memories of watching psyp operas with my mom when I was a kid.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we watched different ones like The Couch Days of Our Lives with my mom and uh yeah. So so I was like, I want to like try, you know, soap acting. So I took an acting class just on a whim because I saw a casting director for The Bold and Beautiful was going to take you know, teaching acting workshop in LA and I was like, I want to go this. This is going to be so cool. And I thought it was going to be all these like hot guys and I was, you know, I was going to go in there and it was going to be like, that's so heroin coming in there, and it was all like disgruntled actors in their thirties and forties for me at sixteen, and I was like, you know, but it was good because I got noticed by the casting director because I was so odd to be in there and and I do soaps and I was good at it, and she said, you should audition for this role that is coming up on our show. And I had actually gotten an agent who had done practically nothing for me, so actually this was my second audition ever. She sued for yeah, for Bowl and Beautiful, and there was multiple auditions and I and then I got it and it was like it was a whirlwind because I wasn't really expecting to become like maybe I expected to get like a commercial or something, but not to be on the Time show. All the time, and.
Speaker 2: So what did your parents think then? They hadn't They had kind of encouraged you to just wait until maybe after high school. Yeah, then you go to this acting class and someone says, actually you should audition, and you book it. What does your family think at that?
Speaker 6: It was absolutely wild, but I mean they were super excited for me. It was just like overnight. I had to be at work all the time, right, and you guys know, and the soap opera schedule was so grueling. But I also was able to go to school part time, like I went. I'd work three days a week and go to school two days a week. So I was like I rolled in and I was like, yeah, I've been working on the soap. And all the guys that I worked with on the soap who were my boyfriends, were like twenty four and twenty eight. And I was hash and pummed to my little school plays because I still was in the drama department and I was like, yeah, I at my professional job and then I'm doing the drama plays and everything, and they would come and my friends would be like they're in the audience, and I'm like, yeah, they're my boyfriends.
Speaker 2: Wait the twenty four and twenty eight year old guys would come to your high school performance. Yes, yes, and they bring their wives.
Speaker 6: They didn't well they didn't have wives at the time, but no, not really. But the twenty eight year old and I are actually still really good friends to this day and people. Yeah, the twenty four year old, he was kind of sketchy.
Speaker 5: So, yeah, were you emancipated and coming to set by yourself or were one of your parents coming.
Speaker 6: I had a tutor there, and I had an on set tutor, but my parents would take me there. Yeah, when I was sixteen, and you know, once I got to be like seventeen or definitely eighteen, I was. I was doing it myself. But I had a great tutor. He was amazing. He was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you didn't get emancipated.
Speaker 6: You were okay, and they were really good about it. You know. There's so many horror stories about you know, Hollywood, and of course like young actors and working on sets and long hours and like you know, using them and abusing them sort of. But I think because I was the only one, like everybody was really productive of me. Yeah, okay, we had to do everything by the book or something's going to happen, and they were always watchful over me.
Speaker 2: So that's good. We just entered college in our rewatch and Rachel is introduced right away. You, of course, are in even the opening credits before we know who your character is or anything about you. Do you remember the opening credit shoot?
Speaker 6: I remember us filming it on the in the lot on the New York Street, and yeah, I totally remember filming that. That was a lot of fun. We filmed it a little bit after we started filming like this season. Yeah, so I knew you guys first. It wasn't like I, hey, guys, I'm here for the opening credits, right, but kinda but but yeah, and I remember I remember dumping the water, and I remember just it was a lot of fun, and it was just guy looking back. That was such like innocent times, sort of like we were all so young. And yeah, this was my first, you know sitcom. Well, I had done a lot of like guest parts and stuff, and this was my first like big, you know, primetime piece, and and you guys had already been so established, so I was coming in, like, oh my gosh, to this family there.
Speaker 3: So do you remember your audition.
Speaker 6: I did not audition for a Boy meets World, I was.
Speaker 1: Gonna say, because we didn't meet. It wasn't like ze.
Speaker 3: Yes, it was Zoe Zoe Zoe.
Speaker 6: And I went in and I was so oppos because Selma Blair was against me, like testing opposite of each other. But I remember, you know, Michael I went in there because he was doing Zoe, Duncan, Jack and Jane, and he was really hard on me on my audition and I was like, oh my god, does he not like me? Does he hate me? Like he's like giving me all these things that you didn't do this or I do this, But at the end he's like, Okay, i'll see you the next day. You got to do this good. You got to get this perfect of the Zoe audition. And I remember I went in and I nailed it. I was so proud of that audition. I was like, I did it and Michael was like, you did perfect, and I was like, I'm gonna get this role.
Speaker 3: I know it.
Speaker 6: And then they're like, no, we chose Selma as You're She was more like, I don't know, dark and brooding, and I was like, you know, goofy and light. But then Michael was like, okay, you're gonna be on boy, I'm giving you a holding deal at Disney and so because they had wanted to do something with Jack and Eric of a girl in the show. So so then he said, yeah, you're right, that's great.
Speaker 2: Well that's a good feeling. So at least you don't you don't book the role you are sitting there looking for, and then another opportunity that you didn't even know existed.
Speaker 5: I know, I was created for you. Like so essentially nobody else ever auditioned for Rachel.
Speaker 6: Yeah. So so that was really special. And I actually had the role for a long time before I even went to set because pilot that was like in March or something that I got the holding deal and then we.
Speaker 2: Would have started the season yeah, in like Augusta.
Speaker 6: So I was like just in limbo waiting.
Speaker 2: So then, what did Michael or whoever who told you what the character of Rachel Maguire was going to be? What were you told Michael?
Speaker 6: I had meetings with Michael beforehand, and basically I was told that I was like the comic relief girlfriend kind of character of Jack and Eric because they needed some kind of energy in that apartment that like they wanted to have a girl in there to kind of go back and forth. I think the character was sort of developed along the way, but they definitely wanted that threes Company type.
Speaker 3: Of Yeah, that's exactly yes, yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: Watching the season start, it was like, that's the first reference out of my mouth. I was like, oh my god, it's totally a Three's Company show.
Speaker 6: Suddenly, Yeah, it absolutely was, and and Three's Company was one of my favorite shows watching reruns growing up, so I was like, this is really fun. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Had you ever seen an episode of Boy Meets World before?
Speaker 6: Yes, I had seen it, and I had seen earlier episodes of Boy Meets World. Okay, so I definitely knew about it, and I knew the fan base and stuff, although I think none of us actually knew the fan base back now, I know, like, what was it like being on an iconic show? And I don't remember any of you like talking about it like it was an iconic show. We were just working.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, no, If anything, we all very much felt like we didn't know. We see. We would to hear of ratings here and there, but it didn't feel like a show we were where people were watching. It kind of felt like we went to work every week and it aired, but like was anybody watching it?
Speaker 6: Who knows exactly? And you'd only know if you like got fan mail or like yeah, you didn't had the internet or any of you know, Meetia or anything.
Speaker 2: Do you remember the first time you met Will and Matt? Because so much of at least, you know, we're three episodes into the season, your storyline is exclusively with Will and Matt. So do you remember, like the first time you met them? I do?
Speaker 6: I remember? Will was hilarious. You'd always have me do the Pillsbury dough boy thing to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, wait, do it?
Speaker 2: Do it now? Or she pokes you in the belly and you do what?
Speaker 6: That was bumming right off the bat, and so I had I remember you guys hazed me the first time. Like, yeah, do you remember the first you said that the new person came on the show, you had to sing for the studio audience?
Speaker 2: Yeah, serious, you have to do this, that's so good. What did he What did you sing?
Speaker 6: I don't remember what the song was, and I think it was he had it all on like a paper and like he was like, okay, you love to do this, you know, Okay, you got to do this when did you realize it was fake and they went out?
Speaker 5: I mean, that's still I feel like we still do a version of that. We'll be like, and you got you got your monologue?
Speaker 3: Ready?
Speaker 2: You did you practice that?
Speaker 6: Always do?
Speaker 5: It's like when your backstage, you're like, and you got your monologue and you watch people just like lose it, and you're like, you're supposed to say you got your whole?
Speaker 2: Then you wonder why we all have anxiety dreams around acting, because we're constantly telling each other.
Speaker 4: We should I told you that was the first thing Rusty said to me and we were walking up for the audience my very first night. He said, are you nervous? So I said yeah, I said you should be your shit?
Speaker 6: Like, oh god, that's so funny.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that I love that. Your first the first week on the show, we tell you have to sing a song on the show. Okay. So what was it like being in this rather awkward love triangle with the guys. There have been a couple of times in these first few episodes where we have cringed a little because your character. So far, we don't know much about you other than that you have been broken up with by a guy, and now you're kind of just a prop of temptation for the two of them in this.
Speaker 6: It's my term now, yes, yes, And so what did what did it feel like for you?
Speaker 2: Were you did you? Did you like, yeah, did you have any thoughts of that? Like am I ever going to get to do more than this? Or were you just having fun being there?
Speaker 6: You know what? I did it, But at the time I had a very different mindset than looking back on it now, because looking back I see it too. I see I was in Lundray like all the time.
Speaker 2: I was short.
Speaker 3: It was always it's a short robes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that's totally straight from Three's Company, by the way.
Speaker 3: Literally, it's like, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: I think it was. And I look back and I say, oh, you know, was it people trying to say make her sexy and make her be this thing? But I think it was such a mindset at the time that it was just was ingrained in all of us and Graden's in society. It wasn't like we didn't even think about it. So I wasn't like thinking about like at the time, like oh I I wish I could do more than being sexy or being like this prop of seduction or whatever, but I didn't like I was just thinking, am I sexy enough? Am I doing good enough to people like enough? So that was my mindset, and I think that was a mindset of a lot of people back then, and also especially a lot of women in Hollywood. That was really difficult time.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, it was also probably not super east. Joining a show in its sixth season had I know, looking together for a long time, you feel like a new kid on campus. Do you remember what that transition was like for you? Do you remember how you felt on day one?
Speaker 6: I remember, yes, I was nervous coming into like such a well oiled machine, like you guys have been doing this for so long and you were all friends and everybody was really like a tight knit family. But you guys are really welcoming to me. When I came in. It wasn't like I was rejected or anything. You probably like, who is this new person like coming into the storyline. But I do remember the nerves were gone pretty quick, and some of that was from the hazing it was, but yeah, it was. It was nice because it was well oiled too, because you guys had it all down and sometimes you know, new shows and stuff for americ because they're doing and they don't know if you're going to be picked up. You don't know if it's going to be a success. So I think I think it was good that way. And you know, I'm glad I didn't know how I iconic it was going to be back then, because I would.
Speaker 2: Have had more nerves. Yes, So do you have any favorite behind the scenes stories or memories from that first scene?
Speaker 6: I remember when the bear came on set.
Speaker 2: Please tell us about the bear?
Speaker 6: And yeah, the bear, like that was first of all? That was That is one of my favorite episodes that we did because it was like all of us together and I wasn't secluded from past. It was like we were all friends together.
Speaker 4: So we're now three episodes in. Has Rachel met the rest of the cast? No? No, but I'm saying three episodes in, we haven't even Rachel hasn't met anybody else.
Speaker 6: What I'm saying, I beat other people.
Speaker 2: I don't know. We're only three episodes in, so we haven't gotten to that episode.
Speaker 5: But yeah, because Eric mentions Rachel to his parents yea, and the like introductions she's had at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this Rachel girl at my house when going.
Speaker 4: To introduce the character like to everybody, or she's just going to seamlessly.
Speaker 6: At Christmas. I think, you know when the baby when the baby like was isn't.
Speaker 2: The baby at the end of the season though, Oh god, the baby because she's.
Speaker 6: Not because okay, yeah, that was when I was like cheating and not cheating, but I was going behind you know, Will's back.
Speaker 4: With Oh that's right when you picked Matt Lawrence.
Speaker 1: Yeah remember that?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well when were you told about Maitland joining the show? When were you told that was going to be your storyline for the sixth season episode three?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 4: So really we didn't know, we were we were Yeah, we weren't told. It was like, hey, we're bringing somebody on that you and mad are going to You're going to live with a girl and she's coming on. We already cast her, like okay, and so the morning of the table, like when we got the script essentially like we were never we were never told this stuff. We were never hey, Matt Lawrence is coming on the show, or hey we're getting rid of Lily or we're getting rid of Tony Quinn. We would just show up and somebody was at it, or somebody was dropped. So we were never told.
Speaker 3: Any of that stuff.
Speaker 2: Okay, so day one you were, you were told. So truly Mayland knew about her way more.
Speaker 3: Than any of us.
Speaker 1: She said she got it in March. March finished in March, right, So yeah.
Speaker 5: So Michael told us too, and we just don't remember, Like that's possible because if.
Speaker 1: You was like, I don't, I.
Speaker 6: Don't think Ny just mentioned it and said, hey, we're going to do this. We're gonna I don't think they have lands in March.
Speaker 4: So that's the thing is is the business at the time especially was so strange that you never knew what was going to happen. Hey, we can't afford that new character you wanted to bring on, or this was going to happen, or that was going to I remember, I just kept his mind. Joe.
Speaker 5: I remember there Zoe's shooting next to us. Jeff McCracken was directing multiple episodes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I was on that show. You were Yeah, I went over and did Zoe, Zoe, Duncan, Jack and Jane. So they were like, yeah, they were, they were doing that whole thinges. Yeah, so it was but it was yeah, that was the whole thing was that we were. You know, it's the television, especially in the nineties, was so in flux that it was we never knew one day to another. So part of me thinks it was just Michael just not telling us because he never knew what was going to happen. And I mean, it could be, Hey, I don't want to tell you that something's going to happen, and that it's not Matt Lawrence is going to join. Well now we don't have the money for Mat Lawrence, so Matt's not going to join, or Lily's got you just never knew. I'd like to think that's what it was. But I also think Michael is such a scatterbrain with his stories that it was just kind of like, oh, no, I told you, and it was like, no, you actually didn't, and it's and in his mind he did it was it wasn't malicious.
Speaker 1: It was just like he's.
Speaker 4: Got ten thousand things going and now, no, we talked about that.
Speaker 1: We had old.
Speaker 4: Conversation like, no, you never actually brought up the fact that that was happening at all. So I think there was just so much going on that we were never told.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that when.
Speaker 4: Everyone else found out was when we found out.
Speaker 2: So trying to establish a little bit of a timeline. So you do you start Bold and the Beautiful at sixteen. You're on that, you say, for like about three years, so maybe you wrap that up around nineteen. Yes, how old were you at the time that then you started Boy Meets World?
Speaker 6: Was I twenty twenty to twenty one? I forget, like, oh no, i'd probably just been twenty one, because uh, my birthday is February and it was.
Speaker 3: Much that I got out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, okay, so twenty one, so you've basically gone from like a Bold and the Beautiful ending you do a guest spot on Home Improvement, and then you book Boy Meets World.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I did a couple other like independent films and stuff at the time.
Speaker 2: But yeah, okay, worked, it worked in between four Yeah.
Speaker 6: Back and forth, and I think there was like a pilot or something that I didn't go okay, I think or was that afterwards? But yeah, so it was pretty quick. It was pretty quick that.
Speaker 2: I got Yeah, it's pretty fast. And obviously being a regular on a TV show is like a massive deal. How is your family feeling at this point? Is everyone still super supportive? Really excited for you, Like, what's what change in your family? Superscript.
Speaker 6: Grandmother loved Boy Meets World because she thought it was just like the most wholesome show. It was really cute.
Speaker 2: Was everyone tuning in every week to aast? You?
Speaker 6: Absolutely? Absolutely they were watching every week.
Speaker 2: Do you have any episodes that stick out as being a favorite. You were about to tell us the bear story. I want to hear your memories about the bear.
Speaker 1: Danielle did not remember the bear, by the way.
Speaker 2: I didn't remember the bear.
Speaker 1: Remember there was a bear there there was honey on your head?
Speaker 2: I know I didn't. Somebody said that. I was like, oh, I do kind of remember it being annoying to have honey all over my head.
Speaker 4: Can you can you imagine the life you have to lead to vaguely remember being covered in honey in front of a bear.
Speaker 2: It was all a dream. Please tell me what your memories are of the bear.
Speaker 6: I remember because I the prank episode. So they were so bad to meet Corey and Sean. You guys, you're like, oh, we're going to steal your parking spot. You don't need it. I don't care that you have a special job. We want to get closer to this wow, and then you're like, you put my car in my room and like all this stuff. So I guess I did to get back at you, guys. I somehow found a bear and tried to have you murdered.
Speaker 2: This must be the prank episode, right.
Speaker 3: Episodes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is the war episode of War. Yeah episode.
Speaker 2: So this comes up a lot in our emails. We get emailed about the prank War episode a lot, and people think it is crazy, like the both and it gets mentioned just full disclosure. It gets mentioned as being a jump the shark moment that like this will We're so.
Speaker 4: Over the by this point is in the rear view by this point, my god, wait is this.
Speaker 2: At the end of season six?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Okay, plays with girls of season seven.
Speaker 2: How does it start? Why? Why is there a prank? Why are we going after each other?
Speaker 6: They starting a parking spot.
Speaker 2: Oh, it starts over a parking spot.
Speaker 6: Yes, okay, And then they put my car in my room somehow.
Speaker 4: In like take it apart and put it together, and then it becomes a bigger storyline about the old cast three of you and newcast and Eric is in the middle of both stories.
Speaker 6: So it was like, yeah, it was kind of like a metaphor, a giant metaphor for like real life and also the you know the show. But so yeah, so it goes back and forth for a while and then they I get the bear and I, well, you were like, do you have your period? I was, And that's when I was composing in those nudy things because I was going to do the nudy photos for for the student union, because that was how it shamed me. Was you know, revenge ports.
Speaker 4: It's awful.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but yeah, and you were like do you have your career? And I'm like what And he's like, the bear might eat you. Yeah, I mean they're attracted to us, very concerned about all of the women. They were good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, damn right.
Speaker 4: That well, I remember I think the bear trainer asked like are any of the women menstruating?
Speaker 1: Is there anything? Because it's like it's a fucking bear.
Speaker 4: It was pretty Yeah, yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was crazy.
Speaker 6: But then yeah, and then the guys they steal my nuty pictures that I had made for Jack and put them all up in the student union.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, which is just yeah, that talk about not aging, well that shouldn't have aged. Then that was like stealing photos, like kind of sensual photos that a girl sent her her man.
Speaker 1: And again, this wasn't Internet days.
Speaker 4: This wasn't throwing it out to the world, or this wasn't even like somebody hacked me or something.
Speaker 2: The guys legitimately had to like break.
Speaker 4: Into the their no longer apartment and steal photos that.
Speaker 2: Has that? Has that always been illegal or was it? Is it only illegal in like the more recent.
Speaker 6: Well probably back then, but just you know, just creepy. You guys were going through my underwear to war.
Speaker 2: Remember, Oh my gosh, we don't remember. I don't remember.
Speaker 1: It's there's gonna be a lot in that episode. That's going to be rough, is what I remember.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, just enjoy every brief moment we have before we get there.
Speaker 6: It was a really great episode that we were all and it was a two parts I mean that's where you were plays with squirrels.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it was big. It was big in the guys of the world.
Speaker 4: That's because then the the next episode is you cut to the fantasy of it being ten years later, and this is where we meet your daughter Beverly Glen and all that kind of stuff, and then plays with squirrels comes in. Matt is a captain of industry.
Speaker 6: I remember us all hugging on the floor like because remember we all to get in the pile, and it was.
Speaker 4: Like that's when Phoene breaks the desk.
Speaker 6: That was.
Speaker 2: There are so many things you guys are mentioning that I have, Like I remember obviously Will being plays with squirrels. I remember the Beverly Glenn aspect of it. I have no memory of anything related to the prank war. I don't remember the bear. I vaguely remember the honey on my head because I remember it being like this is really hard to get out of my hair in the shower. I remember that. And then obviously I remember the desk falling. Yeah, but I can't believe all these episodes are somehow interconnected episodes. Yeah, so another episode we haven't gotten to, but I was curious about what your memories are of it. What are your memories of that very final episode of Boy Meets World where we all had to say goodbye.
Speaker 6: I remember going into the table read and everyone was in tears like they were just everybody was really emotional and uh, and it was it was I didn't know how we would get through the week actually, and I was a newer person, but still I was all emotional about it, and it was a you know, it was a big thing. It was, and for you guys, it was like graduation day or thing, really big. And but I remember you guys watching on the set the last scene in the classroom, all four of you, Yeah, with mister Peenie, and that was really Yeah, that was.
Speaker 2: That was but it was it was a difficult.
Speaker 4: We all got through it, though, we all we did barely, but yeah, that was tough.
Speaker 2: So since then, you have written a memoir, My Escape from Hollywood, and one of the things you mentioned in it I did want to bring up is that you tried on your wardrobe in front of the writers, which.
Speaker 6: You guys didn't know that. No, well you wouldn't really know that.
Speaker 2: Yes, has none of none of us had to do that.
Speaker 3: They did take photos of us.
Speaker 2: I remember absolutely, They would take polaroids and then those polaroids got set.
Speaker 6: They had to Well, it was a big deal. And I've actually spoken with Michael at length about this and better understanding. We're in a really good place that about that. But but they're Disney itself as a whole had you know, a bunch of ideas and stuff of like how characters should be and and how my character should be. And I guess people wanted to put me in really like skimpy lingerie.
Speaker 2: Who wanted you to be in really skim.
Speaker 6: I'm not exactly sure. I know le Yang like was told that she know or she came was.
Speaker 2: Our wardrobe style, Yes, the costume designer.
Speaker 6: You got to wear these little ones, these little it was like slinky. It was like I couldn't believe that I was going to wear this on the show. And I guess Michael was like, no, she can't wear that, she can't wear that. So basically I had a series of wardrobe presentations different lingerie for everyone. It was like the whole team was up there.
Speaker 2: I mean like everyone like writers and producers, writers.
Speaker 6: Producers, writers, writers, writers, Yeah, and be like, come on, we're going to go up to the office.
Speaker 2: Were there any women writers?
Speaker 6: I guess yeah, there were, there were you that. Yeah, so it was like all of them, but there was. It was mostly men, it was back then, but still it was like and yeah, I mean so I would go and just try on different pieces of lingerie for them to see what was going to be acceptable. What was good? This is especially for the one where I wore the you know, the dishwashing episode where I was like, scrub a ub dub that stuff with.
Speaker 3: No idea what you're talking about?
Speaker 6: You guys, Yeah, I like to teach you a lesson. I had to get in my lingerie and say because Danielle and Trina there were jealous.
Speaker 2: Wait, I think I just didn't say like post Trina just posted the edit. Trina just posted the edit. Yes, got it. I just saw that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you guys really, Oh the boys are so cute. Don't worry if they go through your stuff and look at your underwear and read your tiring And I was like they these people need to be taught a lesson. So I got in my lingerie and danced around and did the dishes and Ben was like, screw up it up like.
Speaker 2: And then we get mad at them, and the girls.
Speaker 6: Were like, oh, we see what's wrong now you can't you know? I get your point.
Speaker 2: Okay, So for that episode, in order to figure out what you were going to wear, you were you had so at least for that episode, So it wasn't like the several There were several episodes.
Speaker 6: Where this was a question. But I just remember that one was a repeated visit to the office. Okay, and finally, I mean the outfit. It was respectable that you know, but because originally some of the outfits Julie had were like right and like little pieces. It was I don't know how Disney would have allowed this to.
Speaker 2: It never would have happened. It never would have been on Friday night at eight thirty that you were going to wear anything that revealing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just.
Speaker 4: Want to know why all of a sudden, polaroids were no longer acceptable.
Speaker 6: I had to be seen, They had to see how when I moved it would like, you know, show too much.
Speaker 2: And then you weren't even changing in a bathroom. You wrote that you were changing like behind a thin curtain where they could then see your silhouette as you changed.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was like because there wasn't any like real bathroom area, it was just the wardrobe kind of thing. So yeah, it was. It was pretty crazy. But again back then I wasn't thinking, oh my god, I'm trying on laundry. I was like, am I do I look good enough? In this? Am I going to be and enough for this? Are they gonna think enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, you feel like your job is on the line. There's an entire storyline about whether about you needing to hit the right chord of turning on the men in the scene and yet also being covered up enough that Friday night at eight thirty, families watching could still see you in something that would be considered an outfit. So yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: God, it's a weird balance that should never have occurred.
Speaker 5: And the only way to determine that balance is for all the writers to go together to see in person make it every time. Yeah, you can't just look at poloons. We've got to get the whole team up there.
Speaker 6: Like I was, people were trying to pressure me to like do things to keep my job or anything like that. It wasn't that, it was more like just the mindset of that time. Sure, yeah, it just we just thought everything was okay, you know then, and it wasn't even like thought of.
Speaker 2: And so when you talk to Michael, because you said you talked to Michael and you guys are in a really good place with it, what did Michael say about it?
Speaker 6: Well, he's he says that he actually fought to have more clothes on me because they brought stuff to him that was like.
Speaker 2: Like the stuff you're saying, Julie Petty, And I'm.
Speaker 6: Sure Disney was like, oh, we want this, you know, stuff to be like we wanted sexy or like certain people did. I don't have the names of the people that said here, we need to have this this certain outfit like this, but yeah, I think there was like three wardrobe tests for this because it kept like we kept needing more coverage.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I mean I don't I don't know that Disney's really known as being like the sexy company.
Speaker 5: So they were the network was really fighting to be r rated on Friday nights, and Michael likely stepped in that.
Speaker 3: He was really between the mouse and you. It was only Michael trying to throw himself on the Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, So you retire from mainstream Hollywood in around two thousand and seven, is that right?
Speaker 6: Ah? Yes, I stepped away because I was like, I was just tired of being type cast in you know, the roles of when I was younger, and I did get a lot early on, and then you know, like after I did We's World, I was in White Chicks, which is a whole other cult kind of phenomenon, which yes me. So after that and they got married, and I wanted to just step away and reevaluate who I was and who I was as a performer and a person and an actress and what I want.
Speaker 2: What kind of roles did you feel like you were getting type cast into?
Speaker 6: They just wanted to grow me up into being like the soccer mom, or like to be like the girl next door. I know it's like or just I was only allowed to play like a certain type of you know, family comedy type of situation, or they'd only see me as that, especially as time went on and I didn't I couldn't play anything really like dramatic, or I couldn't play things like it. Definitely couldn't play anything really provocative or anything. I mean, yeah, cute, see sexy, like yes, but not like like really deep storylines or anything like that. And also I wanted to create like my own stuff too, So I went away. We moved to New York actually shortly after got married. I was able to really explore myself there and I got into writing, and I started getting into erotic writing. And then eventually I came back and went to UCLA for a couple of years for screenwriting, and so I really felt like that was going to be the thing that I was going to do. I was going to like write a film and produce it or something, sell my scripts or whatever. But then Girl Meets World came around, and then all of the attention went on that, and it was like all of the attention and you guys know that. And then but that really allowed me to you know, show my base who I was, then to have fun with them on my terms, and to do things that I wanted to do. And that's where I really like built my whole brand and base from that attention from social media and everything.
Speaker 2: Because okay, so when did you start doing cosplay? Because I remember, I remember you getting you getting a.
Speaker 3: Gut right around Girls World?
Speaker 2: When did you start doing that?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 2: Because you you got you made quite a name for yourself when you started doing that. You were doing cosplays either Supergirl or Princess Leah, right, I was doing all.
Speaker 6: Yeah. The first one that I did was Slave Lea, which is the you know job of the Hut where she was hl bikini, Yes, gold bikini, that's it. Yeah. So I did that and it got a ton of attention and it's funny because at first I always loved dressing up doing comic con kind of stuff. I loved comic book stuff, and so I just did it on you know, women edited. A premiere photographer said to me, you know me, the fourth is coming up. Why don't you dress up as slave Lea. I have like an authentic costume, because you had a lot of authentic costumes. And so I said, okay, yeah, that'd be fun to do on social media or on Instagram or whatever.
Speaker 2: And you had never done cosplay before.
Speaker 6: I had done it, but not like it was only for fun, Like I didn't think I could have any sort of you know, career at it or anything.
Speaker 2: And then a photographer at a premiere mentions to you, I have a costume. You should wear it for me the fourth okay.
Speaker 6: And so and this was yeah, so I So I did it just you know, and we released the pictures and everything just to the press, you know, showing you know, and all my Instagram and everything, and it went crazy. People just went like nuts over these costume photos. And then that like branched out into other things and I did so many costumes and cosplay and I had so much fun with that and I was like, wow, I can really like do well with this something that I just thought was just something fun that I did on the.
Speaker 2: Side or.
Speaker 6: And so that was really me starting to build my brand and my name and doing what, like what I want the kind of stuff that I wanted to do. Okay, and then it evolved from there.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you start doing cosplay, You decide to start doing cosplay around the time that Girl Meets World comes out. There's a lot of attention on Girl Meets World. You see an opportunity to use that attention to do these photos and to start making a name and a brand for yourself off of that kind of that wave of I don't know, relevancy I guess with it being in the news again. So then what is the transition from there into becoming a high profile performer in the adult entertainment industry.
Speaker 6: Oh it was a long It was a long spam. First of all, I did all of my cosplay and everything, and I made, you know, a good money and brand at that. But I was like thinking, I want to explore myself. I want to do more I want and I had done all this erotic writing and scripts, so I was like, well, maybe I can do like, you know, an erotic script where I can kind of you know, I could play with that. But honestly, I kept getting kicked off of social media for like two sexier photos. That's a big issue. Like I had been doing this for like I guess it had been like a year, two three, No, it's been a little while. I did this for quite a while, I'd say like four years or so, okay, or I even like thought about selling like anything like sexual or anything. But I kept getting kicked off for like sexy photos. But they weren't even like nudes. They were just like sexy. You could see a nipple like through the you know the why they were Instagram would just kick you off. So I was like, this is making me mad. And my fans were like, well, why don't you sell content? And I didn't know what that was content? What does that mean? They go go on and like sell your pictures and stuff. And I was like people would want to see like sexy cosplay photos, like they'd buy them actually, And so I just said, oh, you know what, I'm going to start a Patreon page and I want to say, you know, I'll have kind of sexy maybe Playboy esque type photos because I play with that and I was interested in that, and so I just kind of put it up one night and I you know, didn't tell anybody about it. And the next morning I was like, I had twenty subscribers, and I was like, I didn't even mention it. So I mentioned it on my social media and by the end of the week, I was the number one adult creator on Patreon, and I was it was making loads of mine. I had loads of fans on there, and I was like, what on earth. I could not believe that all of like my stuff on social media and all of my fan base that I had accumulated there was like coming along to this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, something you had been giving away for free. Someone was like, you should be charging us for.
Speaker 3: This, knowing is it?
Speaker 4: I'm curious, is it? Were these just photos at the time? How does it start on Patreon? Are they just photos?
Speaker 1: Videos or just photographic?
Speaker 6: So, like I was going to go into like I had never done fully like nude stuff, so this was going to be a new thing. It was going to take like you know, sexy cosplay photos. At first, yeah, video or something, But then I was like, oh, I just want I want to try this maybe I could do like a little girl's slumber party setup I could do and it just kind of evolved from there. And it was funny because I did a setup where I had it was International Kiss a Ginger Day and that is day, and it actually just passed and I don't think I fully recognized it in the most appropriate way. I mean, I didn't recognize it at all this so I really should. But so a friend of mine knew like a lesbian porn star, this redhead who would do the shoot with me where you just kissed lah lah. It was it was well, it got more sexy than that, I mean in our shots and everything, and it just kind of evolved. And she said to me, she's a very cute girl. She's like, you're going to do something in the adult business. I know that. And I said, what she says, you're just not nervous at anything. I swear you're going to do something. And I thought, I kind of like, now, these were just sexy photos. It was nothing like, you know, like that. But as she was right, like, I had just evolved from there and I just found that I not only loved like sexual performing and just this kind of eroticism and ex just I just really did enjoyed it and it was weird because I just fell natural to it. And I've actually done way more deep acting scripts now than I did in Hollywood, so that I do. I have like three page monologues in sometimes.
Speaker 2: Do you still do you write them?
Speaker 6: I work with actually a female director. I do write some of them, yes, And I'm able to create some of my ow stuff. I'm actually working on something right now that I'm creating and written a script for. I work with a female director who is like the numb top female director in the adult space, and she wins, you know, all the awards and everything. And by happenstance, I happened to meet her and we came together on doing a film, and it was because just randomly she was trying to get a film together, because she had the same vision as me, to bring together like really great acting and directing and hot sex and to make real films out of this, because I think people get the idea, oh porn, I don't make like silly stuff like sure with it, but these are like serious films and that would take a lot of time and care to put together. And so had the same vision as me. Well, she was trying to get this film together and she ended, it's hard to find really like good actors, and in porn there are there, there are good actors in it, but they're you know, a lot of them. And she lost one of her leads for this movie that she was in and somebody said, get Maitland. She's like exploding in her own her adult space, and she didn't even quite know of us, but then she did because she did watch Points World, like growing up and stuff. But so all of a sudden, like we were together making this this lengthy film together, and that's what really exploded on the Internet, and that's when everybody saw the news that Rachel does porn. Bernie Sanders heart attack that day with the Google searches. Yeah so, but it's crazy because people like, oh, you know a lot of people do it for like a sex tape or they try to get attention off of it.
Speaker 2: I mean, this was five years ago that I did that.
Speaker 6: So it's been a lucrative, exciting, just you know, great time for I mean, I've really been able to build my brand in my name and like just do so much of what I want and have so much success of it.
Speaker 2: Are you the first person to make the jump from like mainstream acting into the adult entertainment industry?
Speaker 6: Yeah, in this way, yes, Okay, I believe so in this way to go the opposite, some people go the other way, right, right, But yes, I believe I'm the only one to like have a legitimate career and win legitimate awards and.
Speaker 2: You know, then become yeah, and then go into adult entertainment. Yeah, okay. So what are people's reactions inside the industry, both in the like, let's say, mainstream industry. What are the reactions to people you having this career shift.
Speaker 6: You know what? I think at first people were shocked, But I get so much more respect now that I it's it's you wouldn't believe it, like just saying it, Oh, somebody went into porn and they're getting all this respect, but I am. And I think it's because they can see that I'm really happy at what I do, and I'm I'm really like I've chosen this path and I'm making productions that I want to make, and I'm trying to like create new kind of a new genre in space for porn because I really think it's I really think it should be like another genre on to itself, not the silly porn, but like the films that I'm making and stuff. I think it's you know, it's an adult genre and it should be treated with you know, respect in that way. But I get people like, especially if you're under like forty, I would say people like that are like so open to it. They are knowing they grew up with you know, their formative years. They porn was a part of their lives. It's not a scary space. I think the older people are a little more you know, they think it's like boogie nights, so just this wild orgy all the time. And I think people don't understand how much time and effort is put into this stuff and all like the testing we have to do, the paperwork, the consent, all of this stuff.
Speaker 2: It's like so sexy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's so much.
Speaker 2: The testing and the papers wild. Can you tell us maybe what one of the most surprising things that you learned when you went into the adult entertainment industry.
Speaker 6: I'd say that it is a lot like mainstream the sets and everything, like, it's not different.
Speaker 2: It's just people you have a gum wall. Wait, you have a gum wall.
Speaker 7: It's it's oh god, I I was surprised to know that there is a lube guy that comes in and like, you.
Speaker 2: Know, wait, what is wait? What is the lube guy?
Speaker 1: And how does Ryder get this?
Speaker 6: It's so disinterested people think on the set like everybody's oh my god, they're.
Speaker 4: Oil, ma'am.
Speaker 6: Nobody cares, yes, like like sometimes they'll just yell out what the dick because it has to look it has to look moist, right, yes, you know, New Merch. I wanted to tell you what it's like to get.
Speaker 1: Wait, finish that sentence.
Speaker 2: You won't tell us what it's like to get what.
Speaker 6: You get measured for like a flashlight that.
Speaker 2: I have, Oh my god.
Speaker 6: The lubricant and the toys and everything. Yeah, that's all I have to say. I don't know much I could say. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I didn't hear anything after what the dick?
Speaker 2: What the dick? Writers saying New Merch Merch? God, can I.
Speaker 4: Ask when when you're making these films, because I know there's there's nobly different sections. You're you're shooting a film, you're just shooting a film, and then there's probably you're doing the sex. Was it is a whole different part than actually shooting the film exactly. Is are you mostly really into it or is it an acting job and you're kind of actually it's more technical than it is anything else, or is it Is there a passion to it when you're in the moment.
Speaker 6: No, there's definitely a passion to it, and I'm in it, especially if you have a really like good partner. I always equate it to like being dance partners or like some sort of ice skating pair like I'm you know somebody, or even an acting partner that's like so good and you have that passion and that connection in that moment, and I really feel like, you know, porn is such a safe space for me to explore all of my like desires and you know, my fantasies with a safe group of people that are professionals. They're tested, they know the lines. You know, you have consent and all this stuff, so I can really just let myself go. You're definitely gonna have more chemistry with some people than others. True, Just like any actor, it's always you know, when anybody says to me, oh, I'm such a fan of Boy Meets World, I'm always like, it's either really hit or really missed with that because you know, they either get really nervous and there's a lot of.
Speaker 4: Oh you mean when you one of your partner, oh god, oh okay, Oh yeah no.
Speaker 6: There's a lot of fans of Boyet's world in porn, and they're that age group too, where like really that was a big show for them too, So man, yeah, so it's either great, like they're super excited or they're like, you.
Speaker 1: Know, now, how was?
Speaker 2: How was?
Speaker 4: I have to imagine you have to be amazingly secure in your relationship to do something like this because you've been with the same guy since we were on boy So how I mean, how does your husband handle your job?
Speaker 6: He's so incredibly supportive of it. And I think it's because we it's been such a long journey. People think that overnight I just said, you know what, I'm gonna go do porn, But it wasn't. It was first of all, it was that whole lengthy journey of my self discovery personally and then with like my Patreon account and everything before I even ever did like professional Born, So it was like baby steps along the way. But we are so secure in our relationship and also I have like erotic fantasies that he's not able to like gang bangs or like all these sort of like you know, BDSM kind of things that I want to try. I'm not able to do it like with him, which is fine, But in this like adult space, I'm able to do these things safely, and you know, I just get to explore and live them out. But then I get to come home to my intimate relationship, you know, with my husband. So it's separate, really separate. And there are a lot of relationships in the adult industry. A lot of people who work together in the adult industries because they know about the industry and so they understand. But I think people would be surprised to know how many like families are in there, like how many you know, people are married with kids and and I have lived very very normal lives. I think everything you see that is wild. We're like living on the set, so right, Like I'm not out on Saturday night like trying to you know, find gang bangs. I do that on Monday morning.
Speaker 3: Time. Yeah, oh man.
Speaker 6: But then the worst is I have one time had to do like all of this dialogue in the day and we had this huge orgy scene which are the.
Speaker 2: Four Everyone knows those two things.
Speaker 6: All those people having together like this, all these people are having to like you know.
Speaker 3: It's like the Scream episode for us, everybody trying to.
Speaker 6: Keep Yeah, it's like film a wedding scene. You have all these people and everything. I swear we shop for twenty four hours. Oh god, the sex all the way, but just the getting it together and like you know, shooting all the there was a big acting portion. There were snakes in it at one point. Yeah, it was my god, these are elaborate setups.
Speaker 4: My ironically still covered in honey and in front of a bear.
Speaker 3: So yeah, different type bear.
Speaker 2: But okay, So jumping ahead, jumping ahead to around the time, let's say twenty twenty two, and we start the we start our podcast, pod meets World. Maybe a more broad general question for you is, uh, do you hate us?
Speaker 6: No? I don't you. Okay, I think that you hate me because you wouldn't speak to me on when we would go to Groomy's world and everything, and that's hurtful.
Speaker 2: That was way I wouldn't speak to you.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 6: I did talk to you, No, not really, not really unfriended me on Facebook.
Speaker 2: I did not unfriend you on Facebook. I don't know. I truly don't know how that happened. And when you went public and said that you had sent me a message on Facebook around the time that I got married the first time by twenty thirteen, Yes, you sent it to Will. You told Will I sent Danielle this message. She didn't respond to me. I am not a Facebook person. I barely ever use Facebook. As a matter of fact. The only thing I do on Facebook is now that Instagram allows you to post the things you post on Instagram on Facebook. I have that toggle on so whatever I post on Instagram goes to Facebook. But otherwise I don't even go on Facebook. So when I heard that, I said, oh, my gosh, did not know that. I then went into my Facebook page saw that we were not friends. Was like, didn't remember when we were friends on Facebook or when we were no longer friends on Facebook. Found your message in the graveyard of messages that your messages go to, and I then felt very bad. I felt like, oh, man, you did send me a really nice message. You had said, congratulations on your engagement, congratulations on Girl meets World. It was very sweet, and so I said to Will, will you please ask Maitland if I could have her phone number so that I could apologize to her, and you wrote back to Will, No, let's just save it for the podcast. It'll be great for the ratings.
Speaker 6: The ratings, I think. Okay, I get out on the podcast. Okay, someting they talk about, you know.
Speaker 2: I believe, I believe the official quote was rock the stats but also.
Speaker 6: The and I thought the podcast was going to be like next week. Back then it was that you guys were just going to start out, So it was I thought it was going.
Speaker 2: To happen like right away, right away. I got it.
Speaker 6: But honestly, no, you did not speak to me on the set of Girl Mats World except.
Speaker 2: For hi, Okay, yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean I have no pictures with you or anything on that side like a Girl Meets World. And I thought, because you know, you were at my wedding and everything, and I thought we were friends.
Speaker 2: And then it was just like, wait, what year did you get married?
Speaker 6: Again?
Speaker 2: I don't remember what year.
Speaker 6: I was in six at the end.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, so I do remember when I got the invitation to your wed and I was really I had was it came out of nowhere because we hadn't really spoken since Boy Meets World had ended. So Boyle's World ended in two thousand and then you get married in two thousand and six, and I was like, oh my gosh, how nice is that.
Speaker 1: That I got it?
Speaker 2: And I remember talking to my mom about it. Oh my gosh. Maitland invited me to her wedding, and I thought, oh, fun, we're going to have like a boy I'm sure it's going to be a Boy meets World reunion because I expect you and I hadn't spoken, so I thought if I was invited, everyone else was probably going to be invited. And then it was. It was me and Michael and it was great to see Michael. I hadn't seen Michael in a long time either.
Speaker 6: And Ben's family and d ed Yes.
Speaker 2: So there were so there was a little little Boy Meets World review.
Speaker 6: I did not know they were at that time. Literally, so it was two thousand and six on social media. No, I've like, I didn't I had your email or whatever. Okay, information probably from probably from d D.
Speaker 2: D D would make sense, yes, because Dede and I have been in touch ever since, so through d D. Okay, So I just remember being really excited. It was very sweet. We went. We took a really beautiful photo at your wedding. You looked so gorgeous. Your wedding was gorgeous.
Speaker 6: It was a.
Speaker 2: Really beautiful, beautiful day. Yes, and then you got married in two thousand and six, and we never spoke again. I went to your wedding, we didn't really and we never spoke again.
Speaker 6: But I don't looked to them either. And I saw them on the Girl Meets World set and you guys bear hugged me and oh, you know, great to see you.
Speaker 3: After we were working.
Speaker 2: Yes, I was working. I was down.
Speaker 6: I had an attitude about it though, because I know there was some beef between us because I and I didn't get it, and maybe I picked up the wrong signals, but definitely there was some sort of like weirdness there.
Speaker 2: And so what did you think it was?
Speaker 6: I didn't know at all. I didn't I didn't know if you thought that I was trying to like come onto the set and like take over or something, not takeover, but you know, like try to steal attention or something and like, but I didn't know. I really was very genuinely confused why we wouldn't be good, don't.
Speaker 2: I don't feel as though I was not good with you, but I definitely didn't have a relationship with you that was like, oh my gosh, my long lost friend Mayland. I was working. It was a very very difficult set that in those those three years were you know, the memories. Let's put it this way, the memories we have of the fun set of Boy Meets World were not the memories or the fun set of Girl Meets World. It just wasn't. And I went into it hoping it was going to be. I went into it expecting it to be, and it wasn't. It was a rather tumultuous place. It was a place I felt very ostracized. I felt very criticized. I felt a lot of different things being on that set that was not the set of Danielle being care free and running around shaking hands and kissing babies. So I am sorry that you thought I had something personally against you.
Speaker 6: Listen, I mean you didn't like the fact that I was getting a lot of attention at that time and going off in my own space and taking away like that.
Speaker 2: Attention I was on the cover of Maxim in two thousand that I definitely want you for that. But but I wasn't in any way upset. I didn't think you were.
Speaker 4: I was to.
Speaker 6: Know why you were upset. That's what I mean. I didn't know why you were. That's only what I do.
Speaker 2: You just told me right now why I was upset. You were saying before you didn't know why I was upset for sure. Just now you just I said you were what I thought maybe that's what you guessed. Then that's what you're saying.
Speaker 6: Yes, I was thinking maybe maybe she's Yeah.
Speaker 2: Back then, I'm like, got it. I thought you were saying that now that that's what it was, and I was like, okay.
Speaker 6: I'm so interesting that was when you is she mad at?
Speaker 3: That is she?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 2: Got it? And that absolutely in every experience we have had on this show where people have finally talked about things that have never been talked about in the twenty or thirty years since they've happened, or ten or twenty years since they've happened, when it then comes up, every single time, there's a reveal which is like, oh, you know what, I made this a personal thing. I thought it was about this, and we go, oh, and here's what was going on. For you and for you and for you and for you. So that makes sense. And I'm sorry that you thought it was about you or anything you were doing. I didn't. I, like I said, I did Maximum in twenty fourteen, and it wasn't until after I did the cover of MAXIM that I realized that wasn't for me. I didn't like it. I didn't like the way it made me feel. You and I actually have totally different and both perfectly valid experiences with that, where you have grown into it and embraced it and it is awoken a part of you you didn't know existed, and you feel empowered by it. I had that one experience and felt the exact opposite, but I didn't know. I didn't know that was my feeling until after I did it. So we've just had two totally different journeys in that, and they're both valid and neither of them wrong. And then there have been other You know, it seems like almost any time the podcast is in the news in the press, there's a quickly followed up TMZ interview with you.
Speaker 6: If everybody's interested, Yeah, they always.
Speaker 2: Want to know how do those happen, by the way.
Speaker 6: Because they come and get me, they find me on the streets.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, yeah, I've I've never. I don't know if I've ever been found on the street.
Speaker 3: You don't hang out enough in West Hollywood.
Speaker 2: Oh it's West Hollywood.
Speaker 6: Amusing you or are trying to me of something?
Speaker 2: Because I know, I'm just wondering. They've never, they've never, They've never stopped me outside of my house, or never have.
Speaker 6: Stopped me outside of my house.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know where they're stopping you. I was just wondering because it hasn't.
Speaker 6: Happened a big concern for you right now.
Speaker 2: I was just curious because it seems as though every time we've been in the news, shortly thereafter there's an interview with you on TMZ sharing yours because they want to know the subject.
Speaker 6: They want to know so many news outlets want to know stuff. Okay, So I think there's a divide to because you guys hate Ben and you guys hate Michael.
Speaker 2: We I don't hate Ben or Michael like you guys have not hate either of them, not hate.
Speaker 6: Hate It is a strong word. I'm not mean hate, but like.
Speaker 4: I guess, and that's one of the most important people I've ever met in my life, and I can't stand the fact that he won't speak to us.
Speaker 2: I fe the same way he won't speak to us. Correct.
Speaker 4: I can show you the the last three years literally of messages and in the middle of.
Speaker 1: A conversation, I wish that, just wish.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, he been ben absolutely one day woke up and said I don't want will in my life and never told me why.
Speaker 6: Well, I don't know the history of any of that.
Speaker 2: No, you don't. Again, is my question. Do you listen Do you listen to our podcast? Because you did then go in on one of the TMZ articles and say that our podcast is very negative and we say all kinds of negative.
Speaker 6: There was a lot of negative stuff that came.
Speaker 3: Out of that pot.
Speaker 2: Do you listen to the podcast?
Speaker 6: No, not regularly, but I do listen to the big shows in the past, but the beginning, at the beginning, I have listened to it that much recently. But I don't understand why this is like a grilling session right now.
Speaker 2: Not a grilling session. I'm just asking questions. These are things you said on TMZ, So I'm just curious because we have that we have not felt as though we have said anything negative the same way you wrote your birth about your experiences doesn't mean that they're negative. They're they're just experiences. Me sharing my story that Michael told me in a note session that I needed to show up the next day and do it entirely different, the same exact way you shared your story at the beginning of this podcast, where you said he told you your audition needed to be entirely different the next day.
Speaker 6: Because really he was looking out for me to get the role right.
Speaker 2: That's what he did to me. He wanted from then he gave me a thing. That's what he would say. His argument was, he gave me notes about how he wanted me to do it the next day. Then I did it the next day, and then he gave me a standing ovation. That's the story I told. We had a guest on who who then said his experience and got very upset and but so I just don't know where you're the one who said it. So if you don't want, if you want to not stand by it, that's fine too. But what has been so negative about the podcast.
Speaker 6: Things that have come out of the talking about the show.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, then I don't know why you can't name any.
Speaker 6: Of them, anything to do with Michael and anything anything to do with all of that. I mean, I'm not even saying I'm not telling you what's right and wrong. I'm saying negative about the show.
Speaker 2: So you don't listen to the podcast regularly, but your overall opinion of it is that we are negative about Michael and Ben and the show.
Speaker 6: Be honest about this. You're trying to go with me now to get the ratings because you know that people will be interested in Maitland. I don't you, guys, I just want maland remember good times.
Speaker 2: O Maitland. Sorry, I'm not the one who wanted to go for ratings. I'm the one who texted Will to ask for your phone number so that like adults, we could have a conversation off the air. When you said rock the stats, I realized, got it. This isn't someone who's seeing an opportunity to again use this opportunity to get into the ratings. So this is what you asked for. I wanted to write you a text and say can we talk about what our feelings are?
Speaker 6: Genuous? You'd have to be reminded that you unfriended me from Facebook and that after I wrote you a very heartful letter and you know it was heartfelt.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I hadn't read it until I heard about it in whatever year it was, twenty twenty two.
Speaker 6: Do you even care to look at it?
Speaker 2: Because it was in the graveyard. We weren't friends on Facebook. We were not friends on Facebook. It didn't come to my message. I hadn't read it until I was aware it existed. So yes, but listen, all I'm saying is, these are things I would have wanted to talk to you about, or we could have talked about had you been willing to give me your phone number, but you wanted to save it to rock the stats. And so yeah, these are questions I had. If you don't want to answer them, you just don't have to answer them.
Speaker 6: Have fun with you guys, and remember and just to have good time.
Speaker 2: Oh now you want to only talk about the good times. When runs into you randomly on the street, that's the time when you want to drag our names through the mud. But now it should all be about good times.
Speaker 6: Mud.
Speaker 2: Yes, that is what you have done on multiple occasions, because.
Speaker 6: You have done a lot of things that are very disingenuous.
Speaker 2: We name them. Please name them please.
Speaker 6: I am not getting on the show to be name them. You go against Michael all the time, for.
Speaker 2: Like, what does go against Michael mean? Is Michael? What does it mean? What does it mean to go against Michael?
Speaker 6: But like saying, oh, he was just this guy who just controlled us all and yes there were all sorts of negative things that happened.
Speaker 2: I agreed, Oh okay, but you're not doing.
Speaker 6: It just to get listens.
Speaker 5: No, No, I'm talking like if I'm talking about Michael yelling at me, and like that's my experience, right, Like I was yelled at. I watched him do things I can describe that.
Speaker 6: That's absolutely I did too. I went up to the laundering in front of everybody, so.
Speaker 2: Right, And you talked about it in your book.
Speaker 3: Yes, and that's not necessarily negative.
Speaker 6: There's nothing wrong with that. There isn't talking. It is fine. But is it negative? Yes, that's a negative thing about the show. You talk a lot about negative things about the show. That's negative. Like okay, but you guys, wouldn't you have careers and lives because of that show? And I realized I do too, And no matter what, we're all going to.
Speaker 2: Be So is the price we pay for that silence and only doting on the one of the people whose response no, of course not.
Speaker 6: I don't, of course not what your point is right now, Like, of course we're going to talk about issues and stuff, but I don't understand where you're going at me.
Speaker 2: For this well, because again I mentioned why you've talked about it in the press multiple times, and when I tried to ask.
Speaker 6: For your phone to me on set that you ignored my letters, that you yes, absolutely.
Speaker 2: Okay, And then when I tried to reach out to you.
Speaker 6: Because genuous, it was ingenuous.
Speaker 2: It's disingenuous to want to do it face to face or via on the phone, but it's less disingenuous to do we went to rock the stats on a podcast. I said in the press. We obviously just feel very differently about what being genuine is for me. Anytime, in any aspect of my life, when someone has something that they abone to pick with me, for lack of a better word, I then make the effort to reach out to that person to have a conversation. My personal belief is that there is probably nothing that can't be worked out by talking and with honesty and saying okay, here you want to know what was going on? Let me tell you what was going on or what is your perspective? What are your thoughts on this? And almost every single time.
Speaker 3: Hm, wow, so you drop that.
Speaker 2: Well, Maitland's left. Uh, I mean, for benefit of the doubt, we will wait here, wait a few minutes and see if she's going to come.
Speaker 3: Seemed frozen. Yeah, it seemed. It seemed like a point of calming and reconciliation more than a more conversation.
Speaker 2: I know, it was a very like let's wrap this up.
Speaker 5: Right, it's not gonna well, can you please text her and see if that was purposeful?
Speaker 3: This will be a fun text. I don't think it's that bad. You didn't do anything, and it just was that purposeful.
Speaker 1: No, she says, she's trying to get back on hold on great.
Speaker 6: All right, Yeah, you know this is funny because you guys, Oh, I saw you guys got there. My power just went out.
Speaker 4: Like it's exactly, it's a sign from God.
Speaker 6: It just like went out.
Speaker 4: Well, the timing, the timing was pretty perfect, I the time, pretty spectacular.
Speaker 2: Your your power company has a sense of humor.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's Michael outside, I'm plugging, I'm plugging our.
Speaker 1: Sl Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Where I had left off was just in my experience. My belief was that anytime somebody has a problem, I prefer to have a dialogue about it personally. I've never been the type of person to air aggrievance with someone in the press. And in your opinion, I guess you felt like me wanting to reach out privately felt disingenuous, which yes, because.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because you didn't do anything for all those years. And do I believe you never saw it? Okay, but we.
Speaker 2: Weren't friends on Facebook.
Speaker 6: What I have seen it when fried me, okay, friends when I sent that letter.
Speaker 2: Oh you think we were friends when you sent the note?
Speaker 6: I think so because I saw you as my friend to send it.
Speaker 2: Okay, But I mean I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 2: Again, I don't use Facebook, so I don't even know what that means. Because I saw you as my friend to send it to me. If you were thinking I'm going to send Danielle a message, I don't know what it's like in Facebook, but you would just open a message and then type my name, and my name would autofill. So I that's what I did, did not Okay, But that doesn't mean I don't know when we were no longer friends on Facebook. I had not seen you or spoken to you since your wedding in two thousand and six. It was now twenty thirteen. I don't know when that happened.
Speaker 6: Becoming friends was when you hit the button.
Speaker 4: Well, that's what I'm asking, Danielle. Do you remember did you ever purposely on a friend Maitland.
Speaker 2: I never purposefully unfriended Maitland. I don't have memories of unfriending.
Speaker 6: Memorial there, guys.
Speaker 2: That's true. That that's true, valid point. But also it's not like it's the first time anyone's ever heard of random unfriendings on things. It's happened to me multiple times on Instagram, where I will look and see, oh my gosh, I'm no longer following so and so, and I didn't I did not unfriend them. I have to then go back in and refollow people. That wouldn't have been the first time that's ever happened. Is it possible that somewhere between the time of two thousand I guess whatever, we became friends on Facebook. I don't even I don't remember when that happened either. Is it possible that somewhere over the years of two thousand to twenty thirteen, I unfriended Maitland. Absolutely, I don't have a memory of it. I wouldn't have had a real particular reason to do it unless I was just like, you know what, my Facebook has too many friends. I'm going to on this person I don't talk to I hadn't. I spoke to you and saw you one time from two thousand.
Speaker 6: Don't know why people I have not seen in years on Facebook that I'm friends with. It's not exactly a place where you have to be like intimately connected all the time.
Speaker 2: That's true, but people treat their Facebook as different things. Is there a possibility that's somewhere from two thousand to twenty thirteen, I went through and unfriended some people. Sure, is it possible you were in one of those?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: What I know for sure is that I did not see your message in twenty thirteen. I did not see it. I didn't. I wasn't aware it existed until you brought it up, and then I went to go look for it. Because I hadn't seen it. I was like, let's go see what this note says. Let's see if I can even find it and it was there in a graveyard. I took a screenshot of it where it sat in the graveyard, and I sent it to Will and then.
Speaker 4: I said, yeah, in all fairness, I can I can verify that she did write me and go, oh my god, she did a message.
Speaker 1: It's right here.
Speaker 4: Can you please reach out to her and see if I cons When I heard that you.
Speaker 2: Said you sent me a message, I said, no, she didn't. I didn't get a message.
Speaker 1: I can verify that.
Speaker 2: And then I went and looked for it and I found it. I was like, yeah, that was a very nice message. I had never seen it. I'd love to talk to her. Can I have her phone number? And you said no? So I'm glad we're getting to talk about it. I'm glad we had the opportunity to talk about it. I will very honestly when your response was no, let's save it for the podcast, it'll rock the stats the podcast.
Speaker 6: Will have told me the podcast is coming out right now, we're going to put out a press release. Can we put you in the press release? Can we do this? It was going to happen like that, but oh wait, all this time later and you haven't Adam alone you've had every single other person on.
Speaker 4: Hmmm, well no, we waited until well, no, I can address that. So Trina came. The reason we had Trina on earlier is because Trina came out and said some things that had happened on the show and things we wanted to address right away because some of them obviously we had heard of, and some of them we had and.
Speaker 2: Us, all of us had spoken on the phone. She came on the podcast.
Speaker 6: Trina didn't think you were friendly with her either.
Speaker 2: I know, and Trina and I talked about it privately. Trina knows exactly what happened, and I love Trina. I think the years great.
Speaker 4: But then it was and no, but then what happened was we then realized as we were breaking down the show, we were having characters on when they came on. So like we didn't have Tony Quinn on until Tony Quinn's character came on the show. We didn't have the Bullies on until they didn't have Todd the Bullies on the show. So that's why we're only three episodes into season six where your character has been.
Speaker 2: And lot in when you were the first show to bring on. Fore, we wanted everyone to know that when we got to your season, we would bring it on. We wanted the people to know that cast members who had been on the show, we were getting approvals from people. Would you be willing to be on the show, Yes, of course, great. Can we use your name in the press release? Yes, you may, and then we put your name in the press release.
Speaker 6: Yes, that's what happened. But that's when we were going to talk about it. I thought it was going to happen bringing So.
Speaker 4: That might have been So that might have been a miscommunication. That's a straight up. That might have been on me with.
Speaker 2: So when I said you might have your number and will sat and then you said no to the podcast.
Speaker 6: Right now, this is like we're going to talk about this right now, I'm like, I didn't think you were being genuine about it. I was like, God, I don't want to talk to her right now, like about this. It's just right.
Speaker 2: So you didn't want to talk about it then, but you but you thought also you were going to be on the podcast right around the same time.
Speaker 6: Podcast, so that it'll be a good talk.
Speaker 4: That's where I said, yeah, yeah, So that in all fairness, that was that might have been a miscommunication on my part, because that was just getting people to say yes, they because you were like, oh, it's.
Speaker 3: Going to happen.
Speaker 6: We're going to be doing this fast, you know.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, that's what Well that's what I thought, But it was what I meant was we were going to be announcing the podcast and everybody's name fast, but then you were going to come on. People were going to come on when they came on the show, was what we were because we I mean, frankly, we didn't want to have everybody on at the beginning top heavy. We want to save some of the people for when their episodes came out.
Speaker 2: If we had everyone on very early, who would we have to interview when their seasons roll around. We wanted to save a certain amount of excitement. Obviously, having you on to talk about your new career is something a lot of people are very excited about and have been looking for word too. Yeah, so we wanted to give the people what they want and make them wait a little bit for it.
Speaker 6: Well, you know that's that's the thing you do important too.
Speaker 2: Glad we can still find commonalities. I cannot believe I'll never get over me saying was there a gum wall and will saying it's not gum. I I will just saying it could have been candy.
Speaker 1: It could have been licorice.
Speaker 4: I imagine adult industry or regular industry.
Speaker 1: The craft service table was probably the same suction to the law. That's actually kind of cool to think about.
Speaker 2: Well, Maitland, thank you so much for coming on. Thank you for sharing your time with us. We know there have been a lot of people who have been emailing us, who have messaged us.
Speaker 6: I have so much great boy meets World fans that have been with me through everything. Like they'll say, I watched you back then and I like you. I thought you were so sexy, and I, you know, my teenage fantasies were all you know, I was turned on back then, and now I get to see the full thing and I've come all this. Not many people can say that they've had, you know, fans who were fantasizing about them back then all these years later actually seeing them in those fantasies and they had your vagina in their drawer.
Speaker 2: That's true very much.
Speaker 6: That I never thought that would happen.
Speaker 4: And one thing I do want to tell you that we've been talking about a lot is again, we're only three episodes in, but they haven't really established your character very much yet. They didn't give you a whole lot to do, and with what they've given you, you're doing great.
Speaker 1: So we're very impressed with.
Speaker 6: All work stuff in the apartment. It was really like but it.
Speaker 4: Was all it could really have been just one note, like they really didn't They haven't figured out.
Speaker 6: Who she's going to be she was yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you're doing a lot.
Speaker 4: With what they're giving you so far, and I think they're trying to figure out who you're going to be and what the relationship is because I know a lot of people talk about like I'll hear from people that conventions and stuff all the time like no, no, no, Rachel should have been with Eric, Like why is she?
Speaker 2: Why was she?
Speaker 6: I get a lot of Eric like yes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that kind of stuff too.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but it was it Michael or somebody were saying that if I got with Eric, it wouldn't have been funny for him or something. It would have been like I don't know, there was some reason like whyre but palmedy with it or.
Speaker 1: Something maybe, and they just kept Eric like absolutely the singular focus. But no, so far.
Speaker 4: I mean again with with what they've been giving you so far, and they'll develop your character more. But you've been doing great, so yeah, we definitely wanted to let you know that.
Speaker 6: That's so well. Yeah, remembering back on everything, I mean, I you know, going down memory lane of all this stuff. I don't know how you guys do it all the time. Just looking at all the episodes and examining them, I think I go crazy.
Speaker 2: When was the last time you watched an episode of Boy Meets worl oh Well?
Speaker 6: And I've seen different like parts and stuff. When I was writing my book, I went back and watched like episodes that I was in my feelings towards that and like and broke that down about you know, just what my mindset was back then, what was happening. So I did, But you know what, I don't watch them. I don't. I mean, I love that time in my life. It was so special and I'm so thankful and grateful to have been part of such an amazing show. But I didn't want to be part of you had that for the rest of my life, you know, I want to do something else, and I wanted to, you know, do other things and I'm lucky that I had success in other realms and stuff.
Speaker 2: So yeah, absolutely, we're all very lucky that we had those years on boy metsorrel that helped develop who we were as people. And thankfully we've all gone on to find new careers and things we love to do, and we still get to talk about the fun times we had on the show. Maitland Where can people find you now? I mentioned that you had written a memoir called Sorry and I Lost my paper my Was it my escape from Hollywood?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 6: Actually that's that's the paperback version, the first Rated X okay me from Hollywood. In the second, they've changed the title to get it in more markets like airports and stuff. Because rated X was title for something.
Speaker 4: I just thought it was right next to all my DVDs in my Barnes and Noble. I literally just thought.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the rated X one or the new one.
Speaker 1: Rated X one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, bookstores was fine, but like for like foreign markets or like places that weren't so receptive to having rated X on the cover, they just changed the title for the paperback.
Speaker 2: But yeah, okay, so people can pick up your book rated X everywhere.
Speaker 6: On it's Maitland Ward basically everywhere even and definitely my only fans and everything. So if you you know, I want to go there and get some goodies, it's some cameos.
Speaker 2: Oh don't.
Speaker 1: That's a good way.
Speaker 6: I do that all the time. I get so many like customer requests like that, just to have people through only fans.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm sorry, I've never been on only fans.
Speaker 4: Is you You can literally like request something specific and then somebody does regret.
Speaker 6: Good money for it, like wast you five hundred thousand dollars to get like you know, yeah, it's like did.
Speaker 1: You say five hundred thousand dollars on a thousand?
Speaker 4: Oh oh god, I thought five hundred dollars billionaires.
Speaker 6: No like for that. And if you want to do like a custom video, then it's going to be more. And there's all sorts of different things.
Speaker 2: When you said five hundred thousand dollars, Will was opening and all my fans so exciting.
Speaker 3: Will was for only fans.
Speaker 1: My god, that's wow. That's got five hundred grand video.
Speaker 3: That's impressive.
Speaker 2: Uh wow, Well, thank you for joining us, Maitland. It was nice to talk to you. Reminisce. Share some good times, share some not so good times, uh, you know where to find us, and thank you for joining us. Maybe we'll have you back for our prank war episode in season seven. You can, yeah, I'll have you back for that so we can maybe maybe we'll turn that into a whole week like we did the Scream episode. That's we could break down a few things and we'll have you come back to share your memories with that with us too.
Speaker 8: Thank you, Maitland, Thanks bye bye.
Speaker 2: What the merch? That's all what it was going to be.
Speaker 4: That I'm letting ride her do it because that's exactly what it was going to be.
Speaker 1: I even wrote down.
Speaker 3: What the merch, so pick that.
Speaker 6: But wow, I.
Speaker 4: Don't like when things I know.
Speaker 2: But also.
Speaker 1: You know now you needed the conversation, you needed, You needed.
Speaker 2: The She obviously felt like me reaching out privately was going to be disingenuous, because she very still even to this day, thinks she sent me a message, I read it and then unfollowed her, right, which is just not the case.
Speaker 5: What I understand is like, what when you hear what you're saying now you just say, oh okay, I misunderstood, Like that's it, it's over. Why would you now, Like, what benefit does it. How does it benefit you to now say you know what I mean? Like the second you said, I really never got it. I never intended to unfriend you. There's no conflict anymore.
Speaker 3: It's over.
Speaker 5: And then it's like, oh, okay, cool, Sorry, I misunderstood what I felt in the moment.
Speaker 2: When I asked well if she could give me her phone number and she wrote back, no, let's save it was very much to me, Oh, you're not actually interested in the truth. You're not actually interested in getting to the bottom of it, because in my opinion, it's a disingenuous gripe. If it were a real feeling she had, and she was like, honestly, I'm hurt, Danielle. I sent her a really nice message and she unfollowed me, and she says that in the press, and then that dan Yell says, may I have your number please? I would think, yeah, I'd love to get to the bottom of this. But to me, what it felt was, Oh, you don't actually care what the real story is you. Similarly to the way she decided when Girl Meets World and all that stuff was in the press, that that was an opportunity for her to make a name for herself. In case play and in role playing. She felt like this was an opportunity for her to get press by having conflict, which I am just not your girl to do that. I'm just not And she thought it was disingenuous for me to reach out to her. I think wanting to do it for stats is disingenuous. And the minute somebody says, no, I don't want to talk to you privately, let's save it for a podcast, I'm fine to save it for the podcast. We did it. I just did it.
Speaker 4: People need to sit down and talk, and nobody's doing it anymore.
Speaker 1: And it sucks.
Speaker 2: I don't know. And by the way, you can sit down and talk and at the end of it go we don't need to be friends. Yeah, I don't hate you. I don't hate you. I don't hate Maitland, not even the slightest. No, I Maitland should go and have the best, most, greatest, most fantastical, wonderful life. And we will gladly have her back on the podcast to talk about the Prank Wars episode when we get to it, or if there's some other great episode we stumble upon that we go, oh my gosh, we have to talk to Maitland about this. We'll have her back. Does that mean that Maitland and I need to have each other's numbers and send each other texts? Absolutely not, don't. We don't need that and that's okay. So thank you all for joining us for this episode of Pod Meets World. As always, you can follow us on Instagram pod Meets World Show. You can send us your emails pod meets World Show at gmail dot com and.
Speaker 3: Find Will's OnlyFans.
Speaker 4: Will do whatever you want, provide you can keep my shirt, Sey call naked.
Speaker 2: My shirt has.
Speaker 3: To stay on.
Speaker 1: I can't take that off.
Speaker 2: We'll do the Feenie balls the poet. I will go follow the poo.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, feenie balls.
Speaker 7: Oh this episode is so disturbing, all the way.
Speaker 3: Off the rails. We got off the rails.
Speaker 2: And we've got merch rider.
Speaker 1: Do it with the march at the merch.
Speaker 3: Get the oil guy in here.
Speaker 2: We need more oil.
Speaker 4: Somebody holding a dick with a little powder thing like making sure it was all like it's shiny.
Speaker 1: You gotta make sure it's not.
Speaker 5: I just wanted to be an oil can, like a fool on, like the man, like the tin man, like oh god, Squeaky Squeaky Squeaky.
Speaker 2: Dworldshow dot com. We love you all, pod dismissed. Pod Meets World is an iHeart podcast produced and hosted by Danielle Fischel, Wilfridell and Wryter Strong Executive producers, Jensen Carp and Amy Sugarman, Executive in charge of production, Danielle Romo, producer and editor, Tara sudbachsch producer, Maddie Moore, engineer and Boy Meets World superfan Easton Allen. Our theme song is by Kyle Morton of Typhoon. Follow us on Instagram at Podmeets World Show or email us at Podmeets Worldshow at gmail dot com