Speaker 1: Of today's episode of Tacking to the Draft Podcast. We have a seven round Commander's Only mock draft. All the Commander's content you could possibly want that's draft related from the from the second Big overall to Pick two twenty two.
Speaker 2: That all starts right now.
Speaker 1: Welcome on into the Taking of the Draft Podcast. I'm Logan Paulson here with Jess the Guy. Jason and Jess A reminder, we're brought to you by Sea Geek, the official primary ticketing partner of the Washington Commanders and guys, ladies and gentlemen, we have a very special show for you today. We have a seven round Commander's Only mock draft and we will be going through every single pick kind of as GM coach, kind of that dynamic throughout the thing. Before we get started, We've got a lot of really cool events coming up for Commander's Nation because in addition to our seven round mock, the actual draft is happening this week, right, Jason.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good to see it.
Speaker 2: Logan, Yeah, good to see it too.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I'm excited for this podcast because like this is it. Yeah, everything's been leading up to this and uh, the same thing for the like just this week in general, all the work we've been putting in on this side, our studio crew and our content team leading up to this for you, the fans, right, that's what's for you. And we're doing a Command Center special live from Detroit LIB that's going to be on Wednesday. This podcast comes out on Wednesday, so tonight, Yeah, tune in live, check it out YouTube.
Speaker 1: And so that's b Mitch, Be, Mitch, and Santana will be live in Detroit with a bunch of fans hanging out getting that kind of last minute details on the draft they can only get when they're in Detroit. And then we have the Command Center Draft Night live right Thursday and Friday night on YouTube, Facebook, X and X right call it next one X and that is going to be like the big shebang, Right, So we've got me, Santana, Fred London, Be Mitch, Brian, Colbert Jenkins, and Bram. Everybody's there, and we get exclusive interviews with Adam Peters and Dan Quinn after every pick, and then on top of that, we get the first interview of the media with the pick. Right with the draft pick. The new Commanders will all be going through this show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, So when we design this, when Yoakum designed this. It was like, what can we do for the Commander's fan that you can't get anywhere else? And ESPN is fun loted mel kiper blah blah blah. But when we're on the clock, you're gonna get a notification on YouTube if you subscribe on Facebook Rex as well, and just get out your second screen, get out your phone, get out your laptop, and tune in because we're going to break it down what is happening in Commander's focus logan. You're going to be here in the studio because we want you breaking down tape.
Speaker 2: That's what you're gonna do Commander's pick who Yeah.
Speaker 3: But then when we find out, you're like, get on over here, we're going in the film room right away. They're not gonna do that on ESPN. No, No, they don't care, right, And then we're going to send it out to Beamich and Tana who are going to be there in Detroit. They would be like, guess what, we're going to interview this guy. If he's here, We're gonna do it right now. You're not going to get that on yes forgat.
Speaker 1: Cool setup, right, and then Ryan Yoakum for those guys that'll know is our boss.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, yeah, he's the big wig and a great idea by him. And then of course Fred and Jenks the Get Loud crew are going to be out at the fan rally, just mixing it up at the air and it's at the Harbor at the Harbor, Yeah, so they're mixing it up there. So if you want to learn about the fan rally, I believe Commanders dot com you can find out about that. Go meet Fred and Jenks. They're going to be live there. So they're going to reacting with the fans.
Speaker 2: Pretty cool man with you, very excited.
Speaker 3: With you guys. So it's a heck of a show. And we're doing that for night one, the first round, and night two, rounds two and three we're going to be live. It's going to be great tune into that.
Speaker 2: Really excited about that, so that'd be a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: But now, yeah, this is the nerd podcast.
Speaker 1: This is the Yeah, this is the nerdiest podcast we do. It is the seven round Commanders only drump mock drafts. We're going to go through every single pick, kind of talk through kind of all the choices at the pick right and then kind of make our decision kind of like we would if it was draft night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, the purpose of this is not the predict the commanders are doing. We don't know what Adam Peters, Dan Quick, we don't know what they're doing. We have no idea. But you and I here, we watched a lot of prospects, we watched a lot of film. We kind of get a feel for what the identity of this team, what they want that to be being around here. So we're just going to talk about some names that are going to be that like pff smock simulator says, they're going to be in these areas sure that we're picking, So we're just going to throw them out. It's more of like we're not trying to nail this right. We're not trying to get one hundred percent right here. We're just trying to give you the fans some names. So on the night of when we're in the fifth round picking one thirty nine, you you may have heard this name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one hundred percent right, that's that's our goal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one hundred percent, And we're going to try and also kind of fit it to what we think they're going to do offensively or defensively, but again, like you know, we don't know for sure because it's new, new defensive staff, new offensive staff.
Speaker 2: We're going to do our best though.
Speaker 3: All right, So here's what we're doing. I'm gonna just lay it out real quick. Here are our picks. We're not going to trade in this draft. I think we may be more fluid like as an organization actual draft night, yep. But for our purposes, we're not going to take any guesses at that. We're just going to.
Speaker 2: Pick where we are sure.
Speaker 3: So those picks that we have, we have the number two overall pick. Everybody knows that. Then we have two picks in round two, the thirty sixth pick and the fortieth pick, the fortieth pick we got from Chicago. All right, third round. We have three picks in the third round, the sixty seventh, the seventy eighth, and the one hundredth yep. Then in the fifth round we have two picks. In the fifth round, the one thirty ninth, the one to fifty second, and then round seven. Nothing in round six but round seven two twenty two.
Speaker 1: So no fourth round, no fourth round, or no sixth round pick. But we got a lot of picks here.
Speaker 3: Yeah. We have one, two, three, four, or five six picks in the first one hundred.
Speaker 2: That's pretty dark, pretty awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, all right, So, uh, what we're gonna do here? Start up to simulator.
Speaker 2: Yep, here we go.
Speaker 3: We're going to be Washington. I wonder who the Bears are taking they should take, and they took Caleb Williams, so we're on the clock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so I mean, I think obviously they could trade out of this spot. But the more noise you hear about the team, the more conversation there is, it feels like they're going to stick and pick.
Speaker 2: And it's one of these three quarterbacks.
Speaker 1: And first and foremost, let me just say this, and I think I speak for both of us, if they were to take JJ McCarthy, Jade Daniels or Drake May, we'd all be really excited about it.
Speaker 3: I'm rooting for whoever is a Washington commander because I think all three of these guys have the potential to be great Washington commandise.
Speaker 1: They all are really talented, they're all young, they all bring different pros and strengths to the position, which we're all really excited about. But you know, we got to make a pick right where the commanders. We've got to make a pick. So I would say I'm ever so slightly leading towards Jayden.
Speaker 2: Daniels here, all right, tell me why you like Jaden?
Speaker 1: And Okay, so first off, the guy that I like the most of these three is JJ McCarthy. Oh okay, Yeah, that's the guy that I like the most. It's his film's the most fun to watch. It's the most NFL ish in terms of like the concepts he's reading, the timing of the throws.
Speaker 2: There's not a lot of them, but he's the guy that I like the most.
Speaker 1: Jade Daniels, I think when you look at the look at his footwork, when you look at his fundamentals, when you look at his ability to push the football down the field. Now, their net's not getting pushed down the field in a diverse way. He's throwing a lot of box fades to leak Neighbors and Brian Thomas junior guys that are going to be top twenty picks in this draft, and Malik Neighbors will probably be a top five pick, you know. But he does have that ability and then the ability with his legs to kind of extend plays the complexity of the defense that he's facing, you know in the SEC. All those things kind of stack up and say, he feels like the safest pick. Right, He's played the most football, he's got the most experienced, the stories about his work ethic or legendary at this point, you know, getting in at five am, he's leaving at eight o'clock, like all those different things. So if I was going to just in terms of highest floor, it feels like Jane Daniels is that guy to me, just just from a thoudy right out of the gate. Yeah, right, And again, like I like Drake may a lot. I love his ability to throw the football over the middle of the field. I love his playmaking ability, probably like the best playmaking ability outside of Caleb Williams, like the big time throwers, edge his nuts, like he's elevating a bad team there at North Carolina. So there's a lot of things to like there. I think his ceiling is probably the highest of this group. But again, the floor is something that gets me a little bit concerned, and I would feel a little bit better if if if Washington had a.
Speaker 2: A more established backup.
Speaker 1: Not that I don't like Marcus Mariota, but a guy like Jacoby Brissett or Gardner Minshew, I'd feel more comfortablebout selecting him. I just feel like the quarterback, whoever it is, gonna have to play right away. And not that Drake can't play right away. Let me just be clear about that. I think he can one hundred percent play right away. I just think it's better for his development long term if he weren't, if he didn't have to play right away. And so looking at that, looking at the roster construction, it feels like Jade and Daniels. But again, I wouldn't you know, I'd be happy if any one of these three guys were to go here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so let's real quickly go through Drake May. We'll start with McCarthy, than May, than Daniels, and it's what are the things that stand out about McCarthy and how you think he could fit in this system? Sure, then do May, and then we'll do Daniels and we'll make a pet.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I think with JJ, I think he's the guy that to me sticks out is just having kind of the most the best feel feel for the position. I know that's kind of an ambiguous term, but For example, I'm watching him throw like a coe concept, which is just a corner and an out right very simple concept versus Cover two. It's a good Cover two beater, but his understanding of like of the coverage and like how I can use my eyes to manipulate the coverage, Like I'm looking at the out knowing that the corner is going to rally to the out and then I'm going to deliver an absolute laser beam to the corner.
Speaker 2: Does that all the time.
Speaker 1: The way he works the drive concept, that's an NFL concept, right, he got a five yard crossing route, you got a twelve or a fourteen yard incut. The way he's able to manipulate the underneath coverage and account for all these guys anticipate throw to spots like I love that it's a one to one corollary a couple that he does have a natural playmaking ability. I don't think it's the same level those other guys. And he's a better runner I think in terms of qrnerback designed runs than Drake. May you know what I'm saying, Like, if you want to run cornerback, power run a run zone read, he's better at that stuff And so I do think there's a lot of value there. Again, didn't have to carry the team there in Michigan. At Michigan not a lot of throw a volume. They're a run first team. But I think when you look at throw for throw, specifically on third down, third and seven plus, he's excellent. And so that's a guy that I really really like.
Speaker 3: I'm going to steal something from Connor Rogers who was on our last pod, and that was that Michigan was a run first team. Yep, right, And as all football fans know, when you do run run pass and the run run doesn't work right, you're putting a lot of pressure on that quarterback to make something happen on third down and long because everybody in the world knows that you're throwing that ball, especially the defense. And while the volume wasn't there for McCarthy, when he was in those situations, he was better than anybody. And just as a little comparison Bo Nicks, his first downs average yard per throw for first downs that he got this past year was below the marker of where the sticks was, So if he needed eight yards, he was throwing the ball six yards and getting a first down. That's not a knock on him. He's getting the ball into a playmaker's hand. That's the offense, that's what you're asking him to do.
Speaker 2: It could be schematic as well.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. Now with McCarthy, he was the highest quarterback to throw beyond the stacks the most time. So when it was third and seven, he was throwing the ball eight yards nine yards, he was picking it up in the air. And that's impressive when everybody knows you're throwing the ball. And I think that's the kind of thing where there's not a large volume of that, but there's enough of it, and he does it. He succeeds at it enough times that you're like, Okay, there's definitely something here. There's trust that Harball had in him to make these plays and just be like, hey, man, go out and make a play. You're only going to have to do this maybe twice again, but I know that you're so good at it that you're not going to be fifty percent. You're gonna go out there and you're gonna do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I also think he's got more natural arm talent that people want to give him credit for. But and again, so maybe I think you would make the argument he had to carry his team, but in a different way than the other Yes, the other quarterbacks of this class. But a guy that I like, we're very high on. I like watching his film. Got a lot of ability. Worry about his ability to kind of have every throw in the bag, you know what I mean he has. He's not played enough football, I don't think to have like kind of the layered.
Speaker 2: Throws or the touch throws.
Speaker 1: But something that he's I think definitely been working on and I would bet on him as a guy that can get that done. But a guy that I like a lot. Drake May is the next guy for me. And I really know people think I don't like Drake May. I really like Drake May. I think he's a guy that when you look at his ability to create plays, he's got that kind of it factor right. The way he can throw the ball over the middle of the field is tremendous. The tight window throws, kind of the moxie like the far Van kind of like just let this sucker rip is pretty special. I think that the only thing, the thing that gets me about him, and I've said this before and I'll say it again, is there's a lack of down to down consistency right. The highs are are very high. They rival Kleb Williams in terms of the highs. It's just, you know, in the NFL, you got to be super consistent at the position, and he's not there yet.
Speaker 2: And it's not just throwing the ball.
Speaker 1: It's kind of his pocket feel, his pocket awareness. You know, he's just out there playing ball, and I think, like there's a question in my mind about his ability to clean that stuff up quickly. And I think he can clean it all. It's all coachable, but it's just about how quickly that can happen. And if this is an environment where he can do that, you know, like if New England were to draft him, for example, I think you're probably feeling pretty good because he'll have time to sit for a couple couple of games, work on that, understand his dissections of defense and things like that to kind of grow and develop.
Speaker 2: But the talent is definitely there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I would say the counter to what you're saying, not that what you're saying is wrong, but if he were to come here, maybe what the coaches and the GMS are thinking is that, you know, what he was on a bad unc team. Right, he's coming here, we have more talent around him. He's trying to make plays there, and it's like, we're not going to pressure him to be great right out of the gate. We're going to move with the growing pains for him because at number two, where you don't get to pick very often when you need a quarterback, and there are a lot of good quarterbacks in this draft. Take the guy with the highest ceiling because we're going to basically we're swinging for four runs. We are trying to hit a grand slam, right, that's the mentality. I'm not saying that's what they're gonna do. I'm just saying, if Drake May comes here, I think that's what their mentality is going to be. And he's young. See that's the other thing. He's younger than Jade and Daniels. He's only played two years. Jane Daniels has played five ye right, so Daniels has had more time to grow and to learn, which is why he's more ready right now, which is great. So that's the chance you're taking with Drake May is young guy. We're going to develop him. But the ceiling that we see, man, we're going to take a shot on that. I think that would be the mindset if he comes here, which would be super.
Speaker 2: It would be really exciting.
Speaker 1: And again, like you said, like there's a lot of bunch of different ways to ensulate a quarterback. He doesn't have to sit necessarily, but you know, if you kind of say we're going to play good defense and run the football and then limit your exposures actually earlier on in your career, that's another way to get that done. But that's kind of like I think the narrative about him.
Speaker 3: I think that's why he gets to Josh Allen comparisons, right, because when Josh Allen comes out, he's not the Josh Allen we know now right away. It took him two years. It took him two seasons and he was playing, but it just took him a little bit to kind of learn there. And I think that's why would they make the comparison. Because the body of the arm strength, that's not all quite there. But like the way he plays and the rawness of him with the high ceiling, that's kind of what you're getting with him. All right, let's move to Jaye and Daniels.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, Jayden Daniels is I don't know.
Speaker 1: We've talked about him a lot, Like I just think his mechanics are really tight, his footwork's really tight. His ball accuracy I think is pretty high level of his playmaking ability. And so it's a different type of playmaking ability than Drake May. Like he he's going to try and work in the context of the offense a little bit more and he's going to rely. He's he's gonna make plays as a scrambler, I think is the best way to kind of characterize that.
Speaker 3: And so when we say scrambler, I think sometimes people think that means I'm going to roll around like Caleb Williams and then try and throw the ball. He's I hesitate userd scrambler because they think he's going to make a passing play out of the pocket. When he decides to move, he's running the ball and he's dynamic doing that. But that's what you're getting.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, one hundred percent, he's not. Yeah, he's he makes plays with his legs. He's not like, yeah, he's not Caleb Williams. He's not drag May in that way. He's but he does have that ability, yes, to kind of elevate lecture if you watch that Alabama game, I think you see kind of how dangerous he can be. He's this long, kind of silky strider and that's one of the best defenses in football, probably outside of Michigan, and he's able to kind of make them look silly. So he's got that ability. The fundamentals are all there, the work ethics all there, you know what I'm saying, And I think the work ethic is there for all three of these guys, but he's kind of it sounds like his work ethic is just a tick above everybody else's.
Speaker 3: Let me address one or ask you to address one thing real quick with him comes up all the time, smaller dude, skin of your frame takes a lot of big hits. What do you say to that?
Speaker 1: So for me, like, I think there's a couple of things, a couple of ways to look at it, right, Like obviously, like I in some in some ways I like it because it shows a competitiveness. The other thing I think is people think like bigger is better when it comes to collisions, But there's also a skill in terms of taking collisions, which I think he's got. And what I mean by that is like there's a amaleability to him that like, when I get hit, I'm like giving as opposed to trying to fight it. So I think Anthony Richardson's a really good example of this. Like Anthony Richardson like looks, he's like two forty, he's six ' four, like he's big, he's well put together, but he fights every hit. And so when you're fighting a hit, yeah, you're going to break a tackle, right, but you're also going to get a lot more force into your body. And Jaden Daniels doesn't really do that, you know what I'm saying. So I think there's there's value to that. Now, despite that ability, which I think you see most of the time, there's like, you know, play like a Missouri I think is what it was, where he's running to his right and gets absolutely smoked.
Speaker 2: You're like, what are you doing there?
Speaker 1: But I think on hole he shows a nice ability to kind of absorb the hips for his size, and he's got the flexibility that I think and kind of the palatability that makes you feel like, Okay, maybe this is going to be an issue at the next level. Does he still need to improve with it, Absolutely, But I'm more confident that it's going to be okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think the coaching staff here will do a good job at telling him you need to protect your body in certain situations. But you mentioned before what you kind of love about the way he runs is that competitiveness, that dog right. He wants that first down, he wants that touch in. You don't want to take that away from him. So I think the coaching staff is gonna have to walk in line with him where it's like, we want you to be dynamic, we want you to make these plays. We don't want to take that dog mentality, that competitive netness out of you, but we're also going to need you for the next play, So pick your moments.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the same thing like will any quarterback right, Like knowing when I got to like throw the fastball in there, knowing when I got to take a sack like those are, That's something that's gonna come in terms of decision making. But I think Alabama, I go back to that game, he scores like a ten yard touchdown, he breaks two tackles and gets in there die you know what I mean? Like that's what you want him to be aggressive on third and twenty. You don't want him taking a shot five yards short of the sticks, because it's.
Speaker 2: Like, come on, you've done what you need to do.
Speaker 1: We've flipped the field position, we're in a better spot for ost special teams. Unit don't get murdered here. So but again, like the knock on him, and to my opinion is something I have not been able to fully kind of mill over in terms of my mind is that offense is crazy simplistic. Like it's crazy simplistic. Obviously, he's making the throws, he's making the plays, he's standing in under pressure and delivering delivering balls down the field like he's doing the things you want him to do. But they're all box fhades, they're all outside the numbers. The throws over the middle field, they're there, but not at a very high frequency. And so it's just like, I don't know, it just makes me nervous because like, yeah, you couldn't see any like you know, JJ's the antithesis where you see every single throw it's NFL Drake maybe fifty percent Jane.
Speaker 2: It's like a few, very few and far between. So that's my one concern.
Speaker 1: I think when you look at the other stuff, you feel really good about it, but just in terms of what you're watching on tape every single week, you're like, damn, Like, this is not a very complicated offense that he's in, and that's not his fault, but you know that that projection element with all these guys is still a little bit nerve wrecking.
Speaker 3: All right, Logan, I'm going to leave it up to you. What would you like to do? Would you like to be a wild man and bet on the thing that you saw that relates the best with JJ McCarthy. Do you want to take the Grand Slam swing from your heels with Drake may Or do you want to take the win now dynamic playmaker with Jade and Daniels.
Speaker 1: That's a good question, you know, it's a really good question, and it's a million dollar question, right, And it's stilistically like if I was the GM, I'd be talking to myc like what do we feel.
Speaker 2: Best about here? What do we need the most?
Speaker 1: And I look at you know, stuff that Dan has said about running quarterbacks, not not here but other places he's been, you know, kind of defending against them. It does make it really hard defensively.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and all three of these guys can run, but Daniels is special.
Speaker 2: As a lead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we talked about JJ's ability to run the quarterback, you know, run stuff, Drake May's ability to be creative. But I just think that speedback there. He never run a forty, but like when I watch them like this, dude runs like a four to four, maybe a four to three Jade Daniels. So I would probably because of the running ability, because the mechainis are good, because the ball accuracy, I'd probably go Jade and Daniels.
Speaker 3: All right, So at number two overall Logan and Jessic guy Jason, we're taking Jade and Daniels. Now, we'd be happy, like we said, with all three of them. And I mean, honestly, if you're listening to this for the purpose because you can, you can go ahead and like as the fan here plugging any one of those guys you like like it. I think at this point these guys are all so talented and the draft is such a coin flip. It really is. We don't have all the information. We don't know these meetings, we don't know the interviews, we don't know what is happening when they're in here in the building, when you're talking to these guys, we don't have any of that information, so we're just making this pick based off of.
Speaker 1: On film and yeah, film conversations we've had. Yeah, but again, like just to reiterate, they're all re talented. They all three have their issues in terms of evaluation that make them a projection and that's one of the reasons. That's one of the reasons that quarterback is so tough. Can you scroll up to twenty four real quick, Jason, Just one thing I wanted to point out here.
Speaker 3: So, so pick twenty four was the Dallas Cowboy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So twenty three was Amarusmims to the Minnesota Vikings, and pick twenty five was Tyler Geyton out of Oklahoma to Green Bay. Those are two guys that I would kind of if you're a fan circle. We're not doing trades in this draft, but as potential trade up opportunities, and especially with the Mariusmims at twenty three, that's not crazy in terms of reaching up to go get that right because like the offensive tackle run is supposed to start around twenty I believe, Yeah, with Pittsburgh it could start around there. If they start falling down the board, for example, and you think you can get above you, above Dallas, who needs an offensive lineman at twenty three. I think you would jump on that opportunity. And what I mean by that is, like we've talked about Amarusmims a lot on this podcast. I think could be the best player physically coming out of this draft, not just offensive line, but but the best player physically coming out of this draft. And I just thought i'd call that a call attention to that, Like, he could be really really special. And so if there's an opportunity to trade up and that twenty three to twenty seven range, I think I would probably jump on that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Absolutely, But we're not doing the trades here, so we're picking at thirty six. And I love Himarusmims played seven games, but boy were they good.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: We were watching some clips of him yesterday and you were just.
Speaker 2: Like, look at this, Look at this guy.
Speaker 3: That's pretty good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So yeah, he's definitely a name I would circle. I think a lot of teams have him circled. But I think if you're going to make a trade up, it would be for a guy of that caliber. Yeah, somewhere in there. But yeah, so we're on the clock in the second round. Pick thirty six. Now, because we had a tackle run in this simulator that you were talking about, do you want to still try and take a tackle here or focus on another area of need.
Speaker 2: So best tackle available is Jordan Morgan from Arizona. He's a tackle. He played left tackle there.
Speaker 1: He's an interesting guy because he's got like kind of these thirty two and a half inch arms. He's got great feet, right, and so usually they say, if you've got great feet, you can overcome subpar length. I think he definitely falls in that category. I don't know if he's your kind of blue chip left tackle prospect of the future. To me, he might move in a guard, which is fine getting a good football player. But the problem that the Commanders are running into is they need a left tackle right, They need a left tackle, which is a very specific thing. So Carrie on Adigi from Yale is another guy. I have my qualms about him. Physically, he's got everything you want. He's got thirty five in charms, he's six y five, he's three twenty five.
Speaker 2: He moves well. But he's playing at Yale.
Speaker 3: So but he does dominate the competition.
Speaker 2: But it does does he dominate it enough?
Speaker 1: Is my question that would be and again, like I you know, you watch as much film as anybody, Jason, like, that would be my question.
Speaker 2: He is like, is it there?
Speaker 1: And so you know, this is obviously PFF's list that we're looking at right now. And so you've got Brandon Colbyn from TCU. I think he's more of a guard, Blake Fisher from Notre Dame exclusively right, Roger Rosengarden, We've talked about him a lot. I think he could play left from a footwork standpoint. And then Patrick Paul is the next guy that everyone's kind of got circled. Played left tackle at Houston, very high pass blocking percentage in terms of PFF. He's rated lower on this board at PFF than I would probably have him rated. He's the one hundredth player on here. I probably have a little bit higher. Can we just go to the overall big board and see who's available, because again, Jordan Morgan would be possibly the pick here for me. But you know, they've got Troy Franken the receiver from Oregon. They've got Peyton Willis the linebacker, very very talented from North Carolina State, and then Tyler Nuban from Minnesota and then Zach Fraser would be the center from West Virginia. So all very talented guys. I don't know, it's interesting here because like all of these guys are good, but it's like, who do you think is the best on your board at this point?
Speaker 3: So let me ask you this. Another position of need we're gonna have is going to be edge. Now we pick again, right because forty at forty we're only four picks after this we're picking again. So do we want to go edge which has a desa Isaac from Penn State, Jenna Ellis from Utah, Chris braswell Alabama, Marsha and Neeland from Western Michigan. These are all very good players. We could probably get our pick of the litter here. Or do you want to try and grab someone. Do you feel like the tackle is a little thinner and we need to grab him now and we can wait on this for four picks or do you think vice versa, let's grab this edge here and what we see at tackle we can grab in four picks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I probably go tackle here. I think the edge class is a little bit deeper, like just as an example, go back to the edge class real quick, Jason if you just look at a guy a name like Jlex Hunt from Houston Christian, Like he played safety and then transferred to Houston Christian and is a very high level athlete that I think has a lot of traits to get you excited.
Speaker 2: I think you get a guy like that later.
Speaker 1: Reletive Prices as a guy we like a lot from you, dub Mohammed Kamara from Colorado State. So there's guys that I think, you know, Marshaw Nieland is a guy that we love, you know, like there's there's guys that I think you can get later. Yeah, yeah, and again I don't know if the difference between them and the first guy at this point, but you know, like we talked about to me, this is this becomes a question of who's the best player on your board.
Speaker 2: It is Jordan Morgan the best player on your board. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Can you go the top list real quick? Let me just hit this real quick and then we'll Yeah, so he's close to me because right now it's Troy Franklin, Peyton Woolson, Tyler Newman, Zach Fraser, Mike Sanders, Still Boonix, Michael Pennix, and Jordan Morgan So if those are the guys that are available, I don't know if I have anybody great and higher than him, And I don't know even if he bumps into guard, he's still a good football player. So if we do draft him, I'd probably keep my eye out for a guy like Rosengarden later maybe, but he's the best player on the board.
Speaker 2: I'd probably go in that direction. How do you feel about that, Jason.
Speaker 3: You are really good. Patrick Paul's the other one that sticks out, But I feel like he's going to be a little more of a work in progress you want. And if you're saying we need a left tackle right now, someone that we feel like can step in, I mean maybe he's going to need a little work, but feels a little more polished right.
Speaker 1: Def I mean he's a three year starter at Anisoda and the athletic upside is something that I think you feel really good about.
Speaker 2: So Jordan Morgan would probably be the pick here for me.
Speaker 1: Again, I think this illustrates the issue of going into the draft addressing all of your needs, Like this isn't a reach here.
Speaker 2: This feels like a really good selection.
Speaker 1: For this team, But a guy that you know, again might end up being a guard in a couple of years.
Speaker 3: So yeah, big guy six six three twenty.
Speaker 1: Six six three twenty moves like a dancing bear. Really a really exciting prospect. But to me kind of feels like could be Sam Cosby, if that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so there, all.
Speaker 3: Right, So now we have four picks later at number forty, just to let you know what happened after we picked Morgan maximil and went off the board sanders Hill and then Kamari Lassiter. So a little run on the corners right there. Now we would like to add a corner, but I don't. I think that this lines up perfectly for us. We can still take another tackle if we wanted, if.
Speaker 2: We wanted to, Yeah, if we wanted to hear, or we go edge.
Speaker 3: Or we could go at. We have options.
Speaker 1: I just keep seeing Peyton Wilson's name here and I think he's a He's a first round player.
Speaker 2: He's right here on the board. I like him a lot.
Speaker 1: Another one is Keon Coleman in terms of adding size and contested catchability the receiving group. I'm I'm hit or miss on ke On Coleban, But I do think, you know, can he develop? Can he get a little bit better. I'm not a big fan of taking a receiver here.
Speaker 2: TJ.
Speaker 1: Tampa's a guy that I love as corner. Yes, can play outside, would dude wants to hit too?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Interesting depth piece there, So it kind of again, it just depends on where your evaluation is. Right now, the best player according to my draft board that I have is Peyton Wilson. Yeah, so I would probably lean that way, but you know, we've got a lot of linebackers on the.
Speaker 3: We have a lot of linebackers. I feel like he would be he would kind of him and Jamin may be kind of the same in a way, right, because they're they're fast and they're athletic. Right, So what role is he going to fill with Bobby Wagner, Luvu and Jamon What is Peyton Wilson going to do? Now? I get what you're saying, best player available, right, Like we have a high or you have a high grade on him, Just take them. We'll figure it out later. Right, I'm one hundred percent down for that. But is is he so good here that you're willing to not take a piece at another key position that we do need to fill at.
Speaker 1: Is edgern Cooper I'm assuming he is still on the board here right at linebacker.
Speaker 2: Let's take a quick look at linebacker.
Speaker 3: There we go, Edrin Cooper is still there.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: I'm a Jeremiah Trotter guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Edrin Cooper is interesting because I think he fits what Dan wants to be a little bit more past rush ability. Can have two kind of guys in the middle there. Yeah, I personally think he probably is rated too low. He's the fifty ninth player on PFF board. This seems a little bit too low for him. So if Washington ended up taking him here, I think that would be a great pick at forty. But it really comes down to like value and so do you want to take a receiver here?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's this is a little bit messy edge rusher, any elite edge rusher here? Adisa Isaac is interesting.
Speaker 3: So we don't pick again until sixty seven, so we don't have the luxury I think of waiting for certain positions now with edge with Isaac, Elis braswell Nielan. I like Solomon to away, but Trice Mo Kamara Like with these guys here, I feel comfortable that one of them is going to be there in the next round at the very least.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I really same thing with wide receiver. I really like Marshawn Nielan.
Speaker 1: I really like marsha Nielan quite a bit, and I would probably some people would say this is a reach, but I would think about going that direction here, honestly, and then TJ.
Speaker 2: Tampa.
Speaker 1: I think that's probably the direction I would go, Honestly. I love marsha nieland, but having TJ. Tampa as part of this team, especially with that being a need a guy that I think is a difference maker.
Speaker 2: I really like him as a player.
Speaker 3: I like Tampa a lot. I like how physical he is. I think he brings something that that maybe we don't quite have as far as a mentality corner.
Speaker 1: Right, and also you worry, you know, does he fit here exactly because of the lack of great ball production.
Speaker 2: I don't know. But in terms of being a good football player that's physically that's what Forbes is for got that dog mentality. I think this is a good pick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm happy with TJ. Tampa here and adding him to our corner room, sure, especially for wit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, yeah.
Speaker 3: All right, so now we're moving on to forty six. I think it's going to be did I say forty six?
Speaker 2: I mean that's sixty sixty seven.
Speaker 3: I think this is where we're going to have to look at edge.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: We'll see how it plays out, but I think I have to get in.
Speaker 1: Oh, Eddrian Cooper went a sixty five. That's that's a tough deal there, that's a tough deal.
Speaker 2: All right. So again, who's our guy? Marshall Nieland's off the board.
Speaker 1: But Chris Braswell still here. And I don't love Chris Braswell, like he's not my favorite edge of all time. But if he's here at sixty seven, I love it pretty stoked.
Speaker 3: I love it for where he is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he's a physical guy. He's bet at a very NFL ish type scheme. He's dropped into coverage. He's got I think he's got I don't know if he's got a lead power, but he's got very good power. He's got good athletic traits. This feels like the right pick for me comes from a winning program. Oh shoot, carrying on a DGS still here?
Speaker 3: Geez, that's a tackle from Yale that we were.
Speaker 1: Yeah tackling from Yeah, Yeah, that's interesting. That's really interesting to me. I don't know how you feel about that.
Speaker 3: Because I still like Trice, I still like Mo Kamara who are on the board. As far as edge rushers like, I think that there braswell may have a higher ceiling maybe those guys.
Speaker 2: But but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, like what we were talking about, where we weren't going to take U Karen, I'm a DG.
Speaker 2: I'm a DG.
Speaker 3: Yeah, where we weren't going to take him earlier. I think now that we've dropped to this third round, it's like, oh, okay, now it's worth taking a little more rich with him.
Speaker 2: Let's see what we got.
Speaker 3: I think it's worth it.
Speaker 2: I think it's worth it. This guy, again is one of those guys that.
Speaker 1: You know, a little green, comes from a small school, but has got it.
Speaker 3: There's something there.
Speaker 2: So could you imagine if Morgan and him developed the way you think?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and then we have our quarterback of the future behind a nice young offensive way. Yeah absolutely, I say we take a chance. We weren't expecting this and this is kind of the best player available kind of mentality.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's exactly right. Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and again it's close there between braswell, but just speaks to Abadiji's upside and ceiling and trust the offensive line coach to get those boys right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we get to pick at seventy eight. Again, again a great draft picks here. All these six in the top one hundred is great in helping us.
Speaker 2: Can you leave it on the top proal quick, Yes, absolutely absolutely. So this is really interesting because it's seventy eight.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of really cool football players here, a lot of really cool skill position guys. Trey Benson from Florida State is maybe, like I've talked to multiple people around the NFL, I don't think he's here at this point, but if you were, like I've had people told me that he's the guy they think would be a true bell cow back in the NFL, that elite talent. And so I know we've got a lot of running backs on this team, but like in terms of just getting more talented running back value in the third round is very, very high. That's really really interesting and compelling. Javon Teeswalther Walker for North Carolina speeds down the field. Javon Baker again, the kind of that savvy route runner got all the tricks in the bag, a little inconsistent, and has some personality stuff that's weird, but good football player. Bucky Irving from Oregon. Interesting football player. Johnny Wilson, the freaky tall guy from Florida State. I mean, there's this is a really interesting list of guys here at seven A and they all feel The crazy thing is they all feel like really good value.
Speaker 3: So I love Johnny Wilson. But here's the thing. I've taken Johnny Wilson and all the mock drafts that I do, I kind of don't want to take him. I'm like, see what happens with a bigger receiver down the line, just only because I've taken them all the time. I love him so much, I'm constantly drafting them in these mic drafts set. I kind of want to see what happens because they're the wide receiver class is so deep.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying we should take him. I just wanted to point out that at seventy eight. I think it just shows you the value of not taking a receiver earlier, because I do think devontees Walker, for all of his shortcomings, can be a true too if he develops correctly. Javal Baker can be a true too. Johnny Wilson, I think can be a true too. I think Trey Benson at seventy eight maybe the best running back in the class.
Speaker 2: So really interesting selection here is my point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, I think that we're Our dilemma here in the war room with you and me is going to be do we want to add to this offense to try and make it super dynamic because we've done nothing but pick offense right now it's up for TJ Tampa or do we want to say, you know what, Trey Benson, Yeah, a possible home run here. But you know what, Marshawn Lloyd, Ray Davis, will Shipley like these guys, they're like, there's solid guys that we can get later.
Speaker 2: Thing with wide receiver, we just look on the receiver.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to read some guys that were down the list, just for people to kind of here because obviously the guys we just mentioned, but then you got Jalen McMillan from you, dub Malik Washington, kind of that shorter, super shifty slot player, Jamari Thrash. Again, I think a very skilled receiver Jacob Cowing gets a lot of comps to Deshaun Jackson in terms of explosive ability, Brendan Rice a big receiver, later TODs Washington small. So the point is, you know, even Cornelius Johnson at one forty seven in terms of player rank, a lot of really talented guys. Jalen Cocher from Holy Cross, very skilled rat runner. That's a bigger receiver. So as tempting it, it is here to take a playmaker, I think there are playmakers down the road. It just depends on our tiers. Right, are we more locked into the talent of some of these other guys And then that's that's a question that you know we would only have to do is consulting our big board.
Speaker 3: So I think we just go with how the draft has fallen to us to be us here and do kind of the same thing we did with TJ Tampa and just before where we weren't expecting this guy to be here. Let's just let's just go for it. I know we still need an ed rusher, but Trice is still there, Mo Kamara is still there. I'm I feel like I'm going to take a chance here, go with the home run hitter on offense and trust in wit and they're going to be able to grab a guy a little bit later that has the mentality they like and get something out of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, I agree, I think Yeah, trade Batson seems like a very And again this is where the you know, valuing the board and letting the draft come to you is interesting and running back value of the third round is great.
Speaker 2: So I like this pick quite a lot.
Speaker 3: He's he could be something really special with the new kickoff rules too.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, getting the guy like back that back there. I know we re sign Crowder, but we haven't seen this in the NFL yet, So maybe having both those guys back there or at different like maybe crowds are punk guy and is a return guy. I don't know, there could be something pretty special there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And again here we're on our board and you got Jallex Hunt just sitting here staring right at you. Yeah, seems like it's too good to pass up from an athletic upside ability, you know what I'm saying. Like he's pretty special. Brendan Jackson, Mohammed Kamara either one of those guys. I prefer Mohammed Kamara from the pass rush up.
Speaker 3: I like Mohammad Khmara a lot, But.
Speaker 1: I think Jallex hunt Is maybe gives you some more flexibility in terms of and has that kind of freaky athletic profile.
Speaker 2: You know, pass rushers aren't built like that very often.
Speaker 1: So that would be again to me at what is this? This is pick one hundred and the third.
Speaker 3: Round, take one hundred, we pick again at one thirty nine.
Speaker 1: You know, he fits to me, he fits kind of the vision for Dan. And what I mean by that is he he played like a stand up three four SAM linebacker, you know. And you know he's six ' four, two forty eight, he's got really long arms, and he and he has pass rushed juice. Now he's on not always super productive, he's super raw. But I just look at those traits and I look at how he was in college, and I look how.
Speaker 2: He was at the Cedar Bolly.
Speaker 1: He's little quite at the Cedar Bowl, and I say to myself, like, man, that could be something pretty special given the right coaching, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So we were talking about Mo Kamara and now he's here, we can take him. And you're pivoting a little bit here on Hunt. Is that because like you're like, well, Mo Kamara is good at this certain spot, and I didn't expect to Hunt to be here. Yeah, Like, who would you rather take in this spot? Kamara or Hunt?
Speaker 1: I think, you know, like I'm getting a little bit swayed by the PFF rankings here. I think in terms of my board, I probably have Kamara.
Speaker 3: I'm with you there. I have him higher than Hunt on mine too.
Speaker 1: But I think they're both. They both fit, you know, and I think they both fit. I know they like Hunt because of the things I just mentioned. But in terms of being this is our draft, Yeah, we're being true to ourself.
Speaker 2: I probably this is our draft. I think he's got a little bit Mohammed Kamara has got a little more juice.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go with him. And while we're scrolling down the one thirty nine, why don't you tell me a little bit about Mo Camara.
Speaker 2: Yes, so, Mohama Kamara is a smaller guy.
Speaker 1: I think he's like he's just under six to one, like two forty five, so kind of a low center gravity guy. But man, he gets off the football. Been very productive at Colorado State in terms of sack production, which is always great to see. And like we've always we talked about this a ton on this show with edge rushers, Like the number one thing is production and traits.
Speaker 2: And so when he runs a four or five at the combine, you see that.
Speaker 1: You see the athletic traits there when he runs, when he when he's been very productive, you know that he's got the feel required to be productive at the next level. I just think he could be a chess piece for dan Quinn and went in this defense, uh to put them to put themselves in the best position to be successful.
Speaker 3: All right, so we're at pick one thirty nine. Let's look at some tight ends. Okay, Uh cause Theo Johnson sitting here and he's the tight end freak in this class.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's the tight end freak for sure. You know.
Speaker 1: I just think I think the thing I have a hard time with is like, what's what are they looking for? You know, because if you want a blocking y with past game upside, like, that's the direction you want to go, right, Tim Ryman also kind of same thing. But if you're looking for a true f you know, jaheem Bell I think tested like disappointed me a little bit, but is explosive and dynamic in that way in terms of best player available. Maybe that's the direction we go. I look at Cole Bishop, you know, from Utah. I love cold Bishop from Utah, Dwayne Carter as a kind of rotational guy with pass rush upside on the interior from Duke. Interesting, We've drafted two offensive linemens, so that seems redundant to draft.
Speaker 2: Isaiah Adams from Illinois.
Speaker 1: Maurice Lufau is a guy linebacker that I absolutely love. I love and four the fourth round might be a little rich, but I really really like him, really like him.
Speaker 3: I like him a lot too. Yeah.
Speaker 1: He's very aggressive, very hills, very physical, and he's long too. He's six ' three, he's three forty two forty excuse me, very traditional in terms of I'm back or build.
Speaker 2: And so I do like him quite a bit.
Speaker 3: All right, So what do you think we could go? I think Cole Bishop is intriguing. I think THEO Johnson's intriguing, or at least a tight end is intriguing in this area. I think we can kind of do whatever we want. I don't I don't want to be married here to the best available in the PFF big board, because we're getting in the fifth round. Here to where I think we just need to take guys that are our guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, I mean, you know, Cold Bishop is my guy. I really like.
Speaker 3: I like col Bishop.
Speaker 2: I think we're forgetting. What about receivers, is there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's go. Look. I know I was hoping for Brandon Rice, but he went just a little bit early earlier. Just fine.
Speaker 1: So if you want big receivers, you got Cornelius Johnson from Michigan. I think he's sixty three about to ten. Jalen Coker is really interesting too, big big fella six three two thirteen runs good routes right, a little slow at the combine, but you know, if you wanted to go that direction, I don't know if anybody knocks your socks off there as a playmaker at the position. I'm honestly, dude, like, just looking at this list, I think Cold Bishop I have a I have a third round grade on him.
Speaker 2: I don't know how you feel about him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like Cold Bishop a lot. So here's here's what I'm debating between. So talk me into one or the other. All right, Yeah, we were looking at wide receivers, and uh, for me, I would want a bigger wide receiver to pair with Terry and john Right, So why not go with like a Theo Johnson.
Speaker 2: Here in terms of just such.
Speaker 3: Just a size that can catch the ball. I wonder if over some of those other wide receivers and over Cole Bishop or I am I like Cole Bishop a lot. So talk me into if you're if you're Joe witt Right, talk me into we need to take a defensive guy here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean he's a guy that ran a four four five at the combine. He's six ' three, he's two hundred and five pounds, and he can he can run. He's got great He's got really fantastic instincts to the football. You know, he reminds me a lot of like Eric Weddle, his ability to like play near the line of scrimmage, play back, kind of this like hybrid star player that I think is is a lot of fun to watch. My only question with him is like is he redundant? You know, does he add enough value? Because we've got you know, we got the Percy Butler's, we got the forests, we've got the quond Martins.
Speaker 2: He's very much in that mold.
Speaker 1: I think he gives you a little bit more flexibility than those guys in certain instances specifically, like I think he's very similar to kwond you know, And how much are you going to use those guys in this system would be my question because when you watch Dallas, right, they have all these safeties that do multiple different things. They're playing linebacker, they're playing safety, they're playing nickel. He has that skill set, so I think he's the one thing I would say is he lacks elite arm length, which you know makes it tough to match up with tight ends. I think THEO Johnson, you know, So that's kind of my argument defensively, okay, and then THEO Johnson I like him, I don't love him in the sense that he doesn't He's not a super flexible athlete. He's fast, straight, he can block a little bit, Just like, what are you going to use him for? I think, you know, you have John Bates, who I think is probably better than him in that and that in that way he doesn't. He is a special athlete. And you know, one of the things that drive tight end production is traits. He's got the traits.
Speaker 3: So I don't know, all right, last one to throw at you, I know, I'm throwing a couple out there, all right. So I just while you were talking, I went and looked at my big board, and I have Cold Bishop as a fourth round, So this would be ideal here, right. Also, what about the foul here?
Speaker 2: The foul? I mean, I like the foul A lot.
Speaker 1: He's a little too rich, you think I don't. I like, what is this fifth round? It feels right for me of where I would take him, you know, like in terms of value, not overly instinctive but physical. Yes, And he can rush the passer. Reminds me a lot of Lavao or Luvu excuse me.
Speaker 3: So so that's why I'm bringing it up, because what if you bring in a guy uh here like Lafoul with Luvu and Wagner who can like coach him up a little bit, right, Because that's what he didn't lack one motor, He doesn't lack one will right, like trades. Yeah, he's got all those things. So it's like, all right, well he's going to get in here in a good linebacker room, and we're going to teach him. So when Bobby Wagner moves on right and decides to go get his gold jacket, there's a young guy ready to step up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you think of that?
Speaker 1: I like that actually because I think he can. I think you're at this point in the fifth round, you're looking for guys that can project to starting roles. We talked about I think taking a linebacker and Peyton Wilson in the second round. I think this is kind of the best of both worlds because I in terms of guys that I think could start in the NFL, I think he can start in the NFL. He just needs the right environment.
Speaker 3: And this good environment.
Speaker 2: Good environment.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so this is this was a good exercise because Cole Bishop, we both have his quote unquote the best player available, if you will. But the foul fits so well here that like, even though we're not getting the same value quote unquote according to our personal big boards, it just to fit makes sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, it makes sense.
Speaker 3: So uh and we talk all the time it's about bringing a guy in and what do you do with that guy because he can be the most talented thing in the world. But if he doesn't fit with what you're trying to do. Yeah, right, so he feels like more of a fit here, So let's go with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I like that. That was actually a nice call out by you. That was fun.
Speaker 3: All right, So we're going the one fifty two and only two picks left, So round five, one fifty two. THEO Johnson's still here. I mean it's intriguing.
Speaker 2: It is intriguing.
Speaker 1: The only one, the only other day i'd see out here that I just would give a shout out to would be like Cam Heart.
Speaker 2: If you wanted some quarterback depth, we got TJ.
Speaker 3: Tampa. Cam Hart is like Benjamin Saint just to me in kind of like his build and maybe how you'll play, got a.
Speaker 1: Little bit better competitive like mentality, like when I watched Am on physics.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I'm saying I know what you mean. That's not knocking sane, it's just a different type.
Speaker 2: Of place dynamic coverage player.
Speaker 1: I think Cam Hunt Hart, excuse me, has like a little he's a little galltle more edge to him, which I enjoy watching, right, But I think if you need a tight end NTHEO Johnson's here, I think that's the pick.
Speaker 2: Honestly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I agree. We were just debating over him. So let's just he's here, Let's go take him. Yeah, all right, one more pick left, two twenty two, so we got a little bit of time to time to kill here because we don't have a.
Speaker 2: Set another tight end to just keep an eye.
Speaker 1: It would be like jail At Hulker because he did basically play like wide receiver at Colorado State, you know what I mean, Like just he's interesting for sure.
Speaker 3: So all right, so now I think this is where we find a guy with a tree that we like yep, and all those other flaws that we may see in or whatever push him to the side. We're in the seventh round, last pick in the draft. We're going to try and hit on a tree.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh, if we're talking to traits obviously.
Speaker 1: James Williams, who's then everyone player on pff sport, is a linebacker that converted to our safety that converted the linebacker. He's six ' five, he's two thirty. Very physical, downhill style linebacker, you know what I mean. A guy that is a lot of fun to watch. You know, he's going to have to transition to the next level, but could play teams for you. I think Tanner McLaughlin here, that tight end from Arizona, is really interesting because he's a converted wide receiver. He's six ' five, he's two forty five, little in size for tight end, but has good ball ability. Joe Milton, the quarterback, is extremely interesting because he's a freak.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't want that would be cool to pair him with Jaden, I know, but I don't want to. I don't want to do that to my young guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't want.
Speaker 1: Let's go down a little bit. So those are a couple of names that stick out here. Who else we got? We got a lot of quarterbacks, but Meads is a big receiver that has some good physicality to him from Pittsburgh.
Speaker 2: Who else?
Speaker 1: Oh, I can't say his name? MBI, okay, Omanami, let's look right to you, Omanama.
Speaker 3: Sure the edge from Charlotte.
Speaker 2: He's got some juice. What's his measurables?
Speaker 1: I don't even know, but I watched this film the other day. He's got a little bit of like that. I think he transferred from a different school to Charlotte. I think it was Miami if I remember correctly. He's older prospect, but a guy. Again, if you're looking for some pastros upside, not a bad idea here.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to say.
Speaker 3: He's a project, but they mostly are in this area.
Speaker 1: Mostly a project yeah, Sam Hartman, if we want an attractive guy, he's right there.
Speaker 2: Frank Crumb from Wyoming is very interesting to me here.
Speaker 3: All right, this is a name that not a lot of people know, but I a excellent name. Frank Crumb from Wyoming. He's a tackle. Tell me about Frank Crumb.
Speaker 2: So, Frank Crumb is I think he's six eight? Is he six? A out therea six seven three?
Speaker 1: I think he's measured at three twenty at the mine.
Speaker 2: He ran the.
Speaker 1: Fastest forty at the combine. You know that excellent change of direction for what for an offensive lineman? So I ran a four to nine four nine forty fastest fastest forty for the position. And so that's that's with guys like Amarius Mims and all these other guys like he's a freak, Yeah, a little bit of a wild horse, but a guy that you say, like, if you're looking for someone who could project to the NFL and we want to make sure that they can get him on our team, we.
Speaker 2: Get him on our roster.
Speaker 1: He's a guy that I wouldn't hate taking a flyer on of the seventh you know, as a guy that so, so what's.
Speaker 3: The trait that you're buying the six, seven, three, fifteen.
Speaker 2: Runs that big. He's big.
Speaker 1: He's just an athlete's bigger athlete. I think he's got decent arm link. They don't remember off the top of my head, but a guy that because there's a lot of these offensive lineman he drafted the seventh and are free agents. They don't turn into anything, right, they don't become anything. And one of the reasons they don't become anything is because they don't They physically can't do it.
Speaker 2: He can physically can do it.
Speaker 1: And so if you've got an offensive line coach that you think can develop and turn him into something, I don't hate that at the seventh round spot, especially if you're unsure that you can get him as a as a udf A.
Speaker 3: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: Frank Crumb from absolutely that's a name.
Speaker 2: That's a name, that's a name and a half.
Speaker 3: That's right, Yeah, wild horse. Okay, So here's the results of our seven round commanders mock and draft that we did. And uh, I'll just I'll walk this down Adam Peter's office when we're.
Speaker 2: Done and be like he got just so you know, laugh at your face.
Speaker 3: No, I'm just kidding. Much smarter than me.
Speaker 2: Peters is such a nice guy. Oh, thank you consideration.
Speaker 3: He doesn't know who I am, and let's keep it that way, all right. So round one, pick two we went with Jade and Daniels. We'd be happy with Drake Jaden McCarthy right, like McCarthy, Like, I think our fans are going to be like, what, but really it's not that shocking if you think it. Right, then we did Jordan Morgan the tackle from Arizona, followed by TJ. Tampa from Iowas eight. We felt like he was there, he's a good player, let's just take him, which then went into the best player available on that board because we were debating them just a couple of picks before Kieran I am a jigbie.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, buddy, we're wor Karen.
Speaker 3: We'll get it when you're here. I promise you. I'll get it. You're from Yale. Uh then, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know, like really athletic upside.
Speaker 3: Yeah great, And I love that we have two tackles the in the.
Speaker 1: First especially with Jordan who is a good football player but might ended up being a guard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love it. We have we you know what, two chances right from talented guys. And then uh hey, we saw a home run in the making, so why not try it here with Tray Benson, the hat back from Florida State. Then the edge Mo Camara. We like this guy. We are glad we got him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, then you know, obviously PFF think I think that's a reach, but I think both of us are higher on him than PFF.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't care what PFF says. This is our guys. We trust our evaluation. We did this for so long. I'm trusting evaluation here. Okay, the linebacker say his name for foul. We think he's gonna be great here with Bobby.
Speaker 2: And especially the fifth round, that's great.
Speaker 3: Bobby Swagner is going to teach him something. And then we have the tight end, Theo Johnson from Penn Estate.
Speaker 2: Of the draft honestly, yeah, he really fell.
Speaker 3: And we're starting to take traits here right These last two like just athletes. Hopefully we can get some to work out. And that's why you took Frank Crumb, who I watched the zero film of. But because you are Logan Paulson, the dude, do you watch him? I don't care what Fred Smoot says Fred Smout has no idea who Frank Crumb is, and that's why you're the draft guru, because you know who Frank Krumb from Wyoming.
Speaker 1: Is got with some traits that you know, you know, long shots of developing is something.
Speaker 2: But at least he ken development of something.
Speaker 3: So that's our mock draft.
Speaker 2: That's what I feel pretty good about it. That's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think I think we got to hit the notes, you know, quarterback, offensive line, quarterback. We've done a couple of these over the core, you know, just us hanging out together, and I feel like this is the one that we kind of hit everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we kind of got everything we needed.
Speaker 3: And it's just I think we did a really good job of putting strategy into it. How do we win right now with some of these guys? How do we take the guy that fits what we need? How do we when do we take a guy that's like, oh man, we didn't expect him to be here, Let's just grab him, right, betting on that, betting on trades, Like just our draft strategy changed as we went through. And that's real.
Speaker 2: That's fluid.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, draft rooms got to be fluid.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, this is pretty good.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty happy.
Speaker 1: Especially after honestly, like I'm not kidding, after the third round. So Trey Benson, Mohamed Kamara, Maurice Luafu, Theo Johnson and Frank from Lafou excuse me, those four guys while they're they're third round and below because of their athletic upside, could be starters.
Speaker 3: For this It could be something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's pretty exciting.
Speaker 3: Not everybody pans out, but we've been on some traits here that could be something.
Speaker 2: Feeling good, man, it could be something.
Speaker 3: What a draft man, what a process? What a draft season?
Speaker 2: Yep? Absolutely, I tell you what.
Speaker 3: My wife has never been matter at the amount of football that I've been watching the off season.
Speaker 2: It's the off season. We feel the same.
Speaker 3: So happy. But uh, you know, one of the biggest blessings was having a baby during this time because she gets up in the middle of the night and I just crank out some film at three am. She's just resting, trying to fall asleep in my arms, and I'm just I just got Frank Cruft. Just watch look at that hit, look at the look at that look at that mentality. I like it.
Speaker 1: Right, Absolutely, let's go do it, and then you know this is going to be your Like those those draft nerds out there, this is your last little bit of drug before the actual thing happens. So we're really excited for the for the actual draft this week.
Speaker 3: Let's tune in the Facebook YouTube x. We will be live when we're on the clock. Commander's Only, Commanders Centric. We don't care what the cowboys are doing.
Speaker 2: We don't care.
Speaker 3: It's about us and what's best for our team. And nobody can talk about that more than the guys who are in the building and played for this wonderful organization. The Santana Mosses, the Fred Smoots, the London Fletchers, the Brian Mitchells. The logan Paul said, the draft guru himself, So make sure you tune into that logan. We may do a little something after the draft, just you and I, Like after the first round late at night. You'll just give me a call. We'll record something just reacting to our pick and we'll drop that on this feed. No promises, because we're gonna have a pretty late night. I'll be in Detroit, you'll be back here, but we'll try and make some work for it.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, yeah, and guys, thanks for all the support for the channel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's draft time, baby, Let's make it happen. That's it.