Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers podcast, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg data.
Speaker 3: Well, let's get a look at how some individual stocks are performing today. We're joined by bloombergs Isabelle Lee Bloomberg Cross Asset reporter as well.
Speaker 1: What he have we're looking at Tesla shares are still edging lower by almost one and a half percent. So we saw it's vehicle sales slumping thirteen percent in the first quarter, and that's really dragged down. But a changeover in its most important model, which is the model why and backlash against Elon Musk. We have Canter saying that Tesla sales in the first quarter were affected by weak demand in Europe end quote, Elon's polarizing politics, among other reasons end quote. So the figures really just speak to how the disruptions have really affected Tesla's business. You sometimes you really wonder can you separate the man from the business that we have RBC analyst saying that the myths was not a total surprise and it's largely understood by the market. But we have wet Bush saying that the street knew it was bad, but it didn't know it would be this bad. He said, it's worse than expected. He meaning Dan Ives, who we know is one of the biggest Tesla bulls.
Speaker 4: It's true. When Danaives comes in and starts to say things on the margin, you really got to listen. Are you also looking at Newsmax here? That's been a wild ride.
Speaker 1: Wild ride indeed, and now we're seeing some pressure forty five percent lower, but that's after more than two thousand percent Ridley since its debut on Monday, and it's really cemented itself as a memestock right now because we have a lot of bullish retail investors who are piling in on the stock. In Fidelity, they were mostly the buyers. It was the top five most popular in stock on Tuesday, and we have in memes and Reddit a lot of memes are saying that this is the new game stop. They touted their easy returns. I mean, if you invested at the start of the week and then you have a two thousand percent gain, that's really something. So really the sturch is reminiscent of the memestock craze and wrapping it up Roadblocks's I kind of agree. Yes, three blocks is up by nearly three percent. They announced new tools to help parents control how their children's interact with strangers in the platform. We know that a lot of these platforms have really come under fire because it's seen as a hazard for children, especially underage ones. And starting Wednesday, parents will be able to limit who their child can interact with, and the company said that parents will be able to view which games their children play and restrict them from playing inappropriate ones.
Speaker 4: Love that for me.
Speaker 2: I don't know how you please that stuff.
Speaker 4: I mean I was talking to Caroline Hyde about this earlier. I was like, you know, you do your best you can. You teach them, the school teaches them, and then you just kind of hope for the best, or you restrict everything. There's only those two options.
Speaker 1: And they're scary though with peers. If they're the only ones who can't have access to anything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean she's not on any social media websites or anything. That's gonna be hard bands.
Speaker 3: Ye had software, We had software to kind of monitor that, but my my son figured out like fifteen.
Speaker 4: Minutes, oh one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now you work for Lockymart doing it, it's.
Speaker 4: Doing it for a living, the.
Speaker 2: Stockmovers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.