Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong, Joe, Getty Armstrong, and Jettie and He.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Getty Strong and Happy Independence Day everyone.
Speaker 2: It's the fourth of July and it's the A and G replay featuring bits and pieces of our podcast, Armstrong and Geddy One more. Thank get every episode on the iHeart App, Apple Podcasts and wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 4: So I was test driving some Tesla's the other day and everything that comes out of Silicon Valley, they're trying to get away from human beings as much as possible and have everything be online or an app. We all know that noticed and for some stuff that works, but not everything, and maybe someday all will work, but it's not there yet. And it's driven me crazy as a Tesla driver that you can't get a hold of a human being ever. It's just impossible. If you actually have a question about something, you can do all kinds of really cool things, like I can you know, I could go in and order a car the way I want it and have it delivered to my home like in a couple of days without ever talking to anybody, or everything you do online in the PaperWorks, I mean so many service appointments, all kinds of stuff that's just amazingly efficient. But like if you have a question outside of that, you can't talk to a human being.
Speaker 3: Now, well, I tell I tell you what.
Speaker 2: This is strictly apockephal tale made up from my fertile imagination. But say you had a I don't know a company series of companies that eliminated like all the HR people, and you had a portal instead, you had a website rights to click on, and the only blank in way anything ever happens is when you give up because it never worked, and you call the number and the human who is a backup to the main.
Speaker 3: System says, oh, yeah, we can take care of that.
Speaker 4: That's exactly the example, except for with the Silicon Valley crowd, including Elon and Tesla, they don't have that human backup.
Speaker 3: That doesn't exist point exactly. So that takes some balls.
Speaker 4: So if you end up in one of those things where it's not accepting your password or it says we already have that address, please, you know, create a new account or whatever, you know, just one of those things that drive you there's nobody to call.
Speaker 2: Along those lines.
Speaker 4: I booked a test drive with a couple of different Teslas because I'm thinking about getting out of mine because my behemoth son is too tall to sit in the back seat now, and I need a car that they all fit in. So I'm either going to get the X with more legroom or the cyber truck. So another one of the examples of it working well went on the app booked a demo gazillion different times, but multiple locations book demos. Show up car is there ready for me to go as soon as as I walk, as soon as I park and walk up to it, and and a salesperson just logs me in and I drive off.
Speaker 2: It's I mean it could. It's so amazing.
Speaker 5: And the only human interaction is the salesperson logging you in.
Speaker 4: And I wouldn't even have to do that if I didn't want to. But I'm interested in buying these vehicles, and nobody rides with me. You got a half hour to do whatever you want.
Speaker 2: You just go driving around because if you put all your information in there, it's really really cool.
Speaker 4: Anyway, on this particular one, he said, we can't find the key. It's The key for a Tesla is like a credit card unless you have the app. And we can't find the key, he said, I'll unlock it for you. You can go driving around, just don't get out or you'll.
Speaker 2: Be locked out.
Speaker 4: Okay, I don't need to get up. I get in the truck. Me and Henry are in the cyber truck where I'm driving around. I really love this thing. The stereo is awesome.
Speaker 2: But I'm driving around, but my seat's too far back and the steering wheels too far up.
Speaker 4: So I pull over to adjust that stuff. And it won't me drive after that for some reason, because I don't have the key and I.
Speaker 2: Didn't get out.
Speaker 3: You just like put it in part right, But and you didn't turn the car off.
Speaker 4: No, well, you don't really turn a Tesla on a right It's always on basically anyway.
Speaker 3: Also, that drained the battery.
Speaker 2: I pull over. I just my stringle whatever like that, and then I can't put it back and drive again. And uh. And We're a long way from the dealership on Interstate eighty in the Bay Area and I'm just pulled over to the side of the road. Cars drive them by that sort of thing, and U and I think, okay, well, and I knew this is going to be a problem.
Speaker 3: I got to try to call the dealership. It is impossible.
Speaker 4: I've tried this before alongside the road with a flat tire or various things.
Speaker 2: It's impossible.
Speaker 4: And I tried for twenty minutes, and I finally told Henry, I said, we're gonna get We're gonna get a lift. So I order a lift, you know, the Uber type company, only it's called Lyft. And he comes and picks me up alongside the road and they take me back to the test of dealership and they dropped me off and I said, your cyber truck is about ten miles that way along eyeside, you might want to go get it. And they looked all panicked and everything like that. I said, I wouldn't let me drive, and I couldn't call anybody. I was so freaking mad, and I thought, have a GD receptionist. How much would that cost you? One human being that can answer the phone, make a minimum wage throughout the day, elon.
Speaker 2: One freaking human being. But it's funny.
Speaker 4: The Uber driver who picked me up, and this is what made me really think about it. It's the silicon Valley myopic view of the world. The Uber driver guy, I said, I told him what happened. He said, that's the way it is with this company. I said, It's fine. You can do everything through the app.
Speaker 2: You log in your hours and you pick up your car and blah blah blah, and you get paid in your fun. But if you ever need to talk to anybody, impossible. They're no human beings anywhere. And it's so the Silicon Valley's got this view that we just flat don't need humans. You can do everything through the app. And I wish they'd recognize that we're not there yet. Maybe we bill be someday with AI that can solve more complicated problems, but we're just not And it makes me not makes me yeah, yeah, there their self regard their beliefs that they can code their way to solve anything confronting humanity.
Speaker 3: It's it's hubris.
Speaker 4: There is there is a There is a Hubris and we're smarter than the world. Thing going on with the Silicon Valley crowd. That scares me a bit.
Speaker 2: Combine that with the UH is there a name for this? We've talked about it through the years. You have somebody who already understands the system, use the system, and then they say, yep, consumers will be fine with this. You know, the guy like wrote the programming is clicking around the website. Yeh, this website is perfect. Then you was somebody who has no idea what you jump on the website and it's utterly unclear to you where to go? Where where am I supposed to click? What's what's None of these menu items are like real world terminology for what I want to do.
Speaker 4: Well, that's a UI problem because I know somebody who used to do that for various companies in Silicon Valle User interface and there are people that that's their job. But like the person I know who did that was such a brainiac computer nerd. I mean they didn't they didn't think about it the way normal people think. Sit down and look at an app.
Speaker 2: You know, So it's the dropdown menu, where's the drop down up there? You click on this and you bring it.
Speaker 4: I would have never known that unless you showed me, I would have never figured that out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you have these companies that like assume they know the problems you're having. Like I had this issue with DoorDash recently where something went wrong with you?
Speaker 2: Other example, good luck trying to called door dash.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you go on there and you click help, and then they have a series of options of what they think might have gone wrong, and you're like, it's none of these.
Speaker 2: Oh that makes me insane. Here are the seven things that could have happened to you?
Speaker 5: No, and then they send you They send you to the frequently asked question did this help?
Speaker 3: No, it didn't help, Thank you.
Speaker 2: Yick God.
Speaker 4: We had a funny video we were all enjoying the other day of Larry David screaming at Siri in his car because they couldn't book a restaurant or something like that. But I have I have actually done that many times when they when the nice computer voice lady says to you, are you satisfied with your experience?
Speaker 3: Not having satisfied my experience you got?
Speaker 2: It makes you so mad?
Speaker 3: You know, I got an example, but I don't.
Speaker 2: I find myself not even wanting to bring it up because I feel the texhaustion flood over me. And that's some you know, fairly complicated music recording software that I use. There's something you know, I'm trying to figure out how to do and if you even Google like our search.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I don't Google anymore. They're evil.
Speaker 2: If you do a search on this software, this problem, it'll take you to like a message board that has videos posted by anonymous yaus right, some of which are conceivably relevant to the problem, but most of which are not, And you'd have to watch every single one of them. And it's just, how do you not have some sort of in essence, a searchable manual? Why do you know?
Speaker 3: Is that not cool these days?
Speaker 2: Better to have a forum of users who may or may not have any idea what they're effing talking about.
Speaker 4: Yes, blood, Now, I suppose any of these Silicon Valley geniuses would say to me, there's a reason where the seven most valuable companies in the world.
Speaker 2: We know what we're doing. Trust us. But god, dang it, Oh, I just.
Speaker 4: I can't imagine you can't call a human being at the location. I mean, it's just it's not physically possible.
Speaker 3: That's nuts, isn't it. That's exhausting.
Speaker 2: I think you went above and beyond the call of duty going back to the dealership and telling them what happened, although you know you don't want to be have the red and Blue lights in front of your house.
Speaker 3: Just take a left home, leave there underrest for grand theft auto mccuay. Whoa, whoa, whoa whoa.
Speaker 2: Well, the car I drove was still at the dealership, so I had because I showed up in a car, So I want.
Speaker 4: To go back to get my car. Otherwise, yeah, I would have just gone home. This is your problem. Sounds like a you problem to me.
Speaker 2: Exactly exactly, Elon, have one of your many children.
Speaker 3: Man the Swiss board. Huh, get a little shot?
Speaker 2: Labor gone? Why not?
Speaker 1: The Armstrong and Getty Show. More John your shoe podcasts and our hot lakes. The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 4: I don't know exactly what it is. It's representative Hank Johnson, Democrat in Georgia.
Speaker 2: Right, have have you listened already?
Speaker 3: I have? He introduces it himself. Okay, cool, let's just roll with them.
Speaker 6: I hate to hurt you ears and everything, but I'm just learning to play guitar and so I'm compelled with a new guitar and with some thoughts about that old song. Hey Joe, you know to give some commentary on where.
Speaker 2: We are now.
Speaker 6: And if y'all don't mind, I'm gonna just strum a little bit. Hey trump, where you're going with that gun in your hand?
Speaker 2: Hey trop.
Speaker 3: Where you're going with that gun in your hand?
Speaker 2: Have you considered tuning your guitar?
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, miss the part of the lessonry I've under to the mfor. Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's too bad. I have to tell my son that all the time.
Speaker 4: He's kind of trying to learn how to play guitars like you, because you know, if you don't know, if you're completely new to music, you don't know it's in tune or notut intude, but you're not gonna get anywhere.
Speaker 2: If you're instrument that's completely out to, you'll get nowhere. Uh So I like to say it no satisfaction from it. I liked to singing. I just tuned the guitar.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: This other thing is somehow the WNBA, the women's NBA, has turned into the men's NBA of the early nineties, when people would beat the crap out of each other and it was just part of the sport. And there were certain things that I enjoyed about it, and then certain things I didn't enjoy about it because it's a skill game and sometimes it would eliminate the ability for people to enjoy their skills.
Speaker 1: But this is.
Speaker 4: One of Caitlyn Clark's teammates who has decided she's the enforcer on the team, trying to protect their star player. We're talking about this last week when Caitlyn Clark got beat around pretty good and I was saying, you gotta you can't do that. It's like, whether it's Michael Jordan or Wayne Gretzky, if your star player's getting pushed around, you got to go beat the hell out of those people and say no, you don't get to touch your star It's happened in a bunch of different sports anyway.
Speaker 2: So this is the girl that's taken on that duty.
Speaker 4: And you're not going to be able to see the videos obviously listening to this, but underneath her commentary or videos for like girl coming down the lane and she puts them in a full headlock and takes them to the floor, bashing their head into the floor. I mean, it's pretty violent.
Speaker 2: She's also very attractive, which is an interesting thing to fit in with this whole story.
Speaker 7: But here she is, Hello everyone, I'm Sophie Cunningham. I don't start trouble but I'm never afraid of it. You can provoke anyone, but there's one person you don't touch, Caitlyn Clark, even if it comes to a fight. I'm not worried about anyone pulling my hair. Why because I know they don't dare and they don't have what it takes. You all saw that game the Sun. We're pulling cheap tricks all night to slow Caitlin's rhythm, especially Jace Sheldon with two blatant slaps of the face, and the refs they just stood there like statues. You think I let that slide When I took Sheldon down. Some called me impulsive, Some said I pulled her hair, But have you ever thought about why I acted without hesitation?
Speaker 3: Yet wasn't a f of her fighting back.
Speaker 7: First, I'm a black belt in karate, trained in combat since I was a kid and I played college football. You want to come at me, go ahead, but you better check with your bones first. Second, I made a promise to my entire team and even the whole league, as long as Caitlyn's on the court, I've got her back. Third, I know my limits. I'm not just fighting. I use precise grappling techniques. To lock an opponent's arm, leaving them no chance to escalate. I'm not here to punish anyone. I'm here to send a message to the entire league.
Speaker 3: Caitlyn isn't fighting alone. She's got me behind her. If you want to come at me, check with your bones. For jeez, that's a pretty good line.
Speaker 2: That is a pretty good line. I don't know why everything has to have background music these days, but that was a fine screen.
Speaker 3: That was an oddly like well composed.
Speaker 2: It was an essay.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: Also, she's got that thing that people who are really okay with fighting have where they're very calm about it.
Speaker 4: Yes, it is not for whatever reason. And I've known people that are like to fight guy or likes to fight woman. They it it affects them differently than it affects normal people.
Speaker 3: It's just a thing. Oh we're gonna fight now, Okay, let's go.
Speaker 2: Where's the Restipers are like, holy crap, this is the biggest moment of my life. They're just okay, I guess it's fighting time. She's one of those people. And I did the w NBA see this coming a couple of years ago, that they were gonna become the nineties NBA. It's all about Oh boy, there'll be lots of fighting to night.
Speaker 3: Let's tune in. The ratings are getting big.
Speaker 4: For any time two teams play that have a you know, you know they're gonna fight like it's you know, Piston Celtics of nineteen ninety or something.
Speaker 2: I'm just I can't be the only one who's completely struck by the nature of her her speech there. I mean, because I'm familiar with the eighties nineties NBA. I was a huge fan at the time, and and a guy would say something like he wants to start some trouble, I'm gonna end it. You come up against me and MJ you're gonna You're gonna know what time it is, right, she is like, I am trained in a variety of martial arts.
Speaker 3: I have a black belt certification.
Speaker 2: I've been involved in grappling since I was a young kid, and certainly I will use grappling techniques to neutralize their arms and pin them against them and avoid any sort of escalation if it comes time to porptrate acts of violence.
Speaker 3: It's oddly clinical, except for.
Speaker 2: That one line check with your bones for.
Speaker 3: Oh that was the best part, you know, we kind of downplayed how hot this check is. Yeah, I hadn't seen her. No, She's like, uh, I mean she's runway model material.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, so give me the name again.
Speaker 3: Sophie Cunningham Craig sent it to us yesterday.
Speaker 2: He's the one that where I got this clip O a D from our text. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So that's an interesting aspect of the whole thing. Also, I don't know if this is is this going to end up being like the Bread and Butter for the WNB, where they just everybody figures out. Boy, if you want to put butts in the seats and have big ratings, we got to have a couple of fights, like it's.
Speaker 2: Holy cow, cutie. Yeah you want to you want any grappling practice, like it's roller derby or hockey or something. Just people are here for fights. We gotta have some fights. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'll put up a fight for a little while and then you can just you know, whatever you want.
Speaker 2: Ask your bones first. My bones are fine with it, trust me. They're enthused.
Speaker 1: Jack Armstrong and Joe The Armstrong and Getty Show, The arm Strong and Getdy Show.
Speaker 2: We're talking about the fourteenth Amendment and the question of birthright citizenship, which is a hot conversational topic these days and actually really interesting. And I mentioned that the fourteenth Amendment is actually five paragraphs long and it would take a long time to read to you. The first part is about all persons born or naturalized, YadA, YadA, YadA, the birthright thing. Second part is representatives shall be apportioned among the several states according to their respective numbers, blah blahlah. But the next about streaming contracts, which is really weird, right exactly, Yep, you got to be able to cancel them. Third one is about senators and congress people who may or may not have been involved in an insurrection or rebellion. Remember that one came up, you know, after January sixth, and a couple more paragraphs nobody knows, but I was looking at the amendments, and it would appear that in a close race, the shortest amendment is the eighth Amendment. Excessive bails shall not be required, nor excessive finds imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted cruel or unusual cruel and on you and unusual right. And you know my theory, they can be one of the other cruel and unusual. Right, If it's merely cruel, but you do it a lot, that's fine. And if you know, a beating from a clown is certainly unusual, but it's no more cruel than any other sort of beating, fair game. Clown beatings would be approved in the court of Joe Getty's justice. So you're on somebody over with a car. People get hit by cars all the time. There's nothing unusual about that. Right now, It's cruel, unspeakably cruel, but not unusual. I think we're missing a loophole here, folks. But I think everybody knows the Oh my god, I almost said one of the stupidest things as things I've ever said. I think everybody knows what's in the Bill of Rights. No, obviously most people don't. You should, but you don't, which is why you end up quartering troops, you jackasses.
Speaker 3: Study history.
Speaker 4: I just learned the other day James Madison was really against a Bill of Rights, really thought it was a terrible, terrible idea. But then when the vaulte went against him, he like, we should do more often now decided Okay, well that's been decided. Now I'm going to argue what they ought to be because it's going to happen, even though I didn't want it to happen in the first place.
Speaker 2: And indeed he brought it to the floor of the House immediately because he said he would.
Speaker 4: The reason he didn't like the Bill Wrights is he is afraid that now that makes it seem like, outside of these ten things, everything else the government.
Speaker 2: Can do, and that was his concern. Yeah, yeah, I think history is proved that he was wrong as a is real statesman.
Speaker 3: And yeah, oh yeah, tiny.
Speaker 2: Tiny lady. And I've never seen a smaller founding father.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, not a long hitter, James Madison.
Speaker 2: So everybody knows freedom of religion, press expression, the first right to bear arms, quartering of soldiers, that's the third. I don't have to work, so man, when I get home, I got some news for those guys. Get out of my house.
Speaker 3: Can I get my stuff?
Speaker 2: At least I'll ship it to you, Search and seizure, trial and punishment, compensation for takings.
Speaker 3: That's the fifth Amendment.
Speaker 2: Everybody knows the part about how you don't have to testify against yourself, but that's actually one of many things mentioned in the Fifth Amendment. I didn't know that I should read that over. I'd forgotten it. It's one of those things I had to memorize it at one point. But here's the entirety of the Fifth Amendment. I thought this was interesting. No person shall be held to answer for a capital or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war public danger. Nor shall any person be subject, for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb double jeopardy, straight out of the Fifth Amendment. Nor shall be compelled, in any criminal case, to be a witness against himself. That's the wheel of fortune, after the jeopardy portion. It's the wheel of fortune portion correct. Nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property without due process of law. That's where that very famous phrase let comes from due process. Nor shall private property be taken for public use without just compensation. Which there's a lot to the fifth of men we aren't always good at. Where's the thing where you can't testify against your husband or wife or you don't have to is that in the Bill of right No somewhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's just in case, Lawn. I wish I knew.
Speaker 2: But why can't you testify against your husband or wife? There are no other relationships like that you can justify? Oh you can, you can, but you can't be required. But how come you in some situation? But you can be required to testify against your kids or your kids against you, but not husband and wife. She's talking to my law student daughter about this the other day, and I don't remember exactly because you and Judy's big Ponzi scheme and you're worried about.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, I tell you what. The second the cops are here, I go states she was running it.
Speaker 2: She made me do it right under the bus, and Jody, honey, I hope you're comfortable under there.
Speaker 3: Oh let's see.
Speaker 2: So I think the longest of the amendments I can find is probably the twelfth about choosing the president vice president. They had to clarify how that was going to work. But man, they get long. The fourteenth is long, five paragraphs long. Liquor abolished, bastardsoo, what number is that you suck?
Speaker 3: That's the eighteenth And did you say it is longer.
Speaker 2: Is it short? No more booze parties? Jackasses, that's what that one's called. Yeah, it's long and boring, just like a world without alcohol. Another are three short ish? And then how soon after that one is the one that says parties back on the twenty first, God bless it.
Speaker 3: Actually the eighteenth was.
Speaker 2: Ratified in nineteen nineteen and it was repealed in nineteen thirty three.
Speaker 3: Wow, I always forget how long that period was.
Speaker 2: Of no favorite. Some of my favorite writings by H. L. Menken were written during Prohibition. What he would describe how congress people and senators Washington, DC, you could get a drink practically as easy as you can right now. It was everywhere because the senators were never going to hold themselves to the same standards. They were just doing it because it was politically popular. It was a popular movement among women when women first got the right to vote, because so many of their husbands would come home hammered drunk and either be useless or violent, or or have spent all the money at the bar. Your people, Katie to go a wear our party.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because of what your people put us through every day by being drunk a holes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, if your people weren't all day long, maybe I wouldn't need a drink.
Speaker 5: Well, if you would do some things around the house, maybe we.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't all the time. Oh my god, the bottle, where's the bottle?
Speaker 2: I think that was all right. Boardwalk Empire. If you never watched that series with Steve Buscemi, really great portrayal of the those years. Nineteenth Amendment women's suffrages I was ratified in nineteen twenty. Man need a duo over on that one. Yeah, so again, women's voting and prohibition came up at the same time, although admittedly liquor was abolished just before the year before women got the right to vote.
Speaker 5: One of my favorite places near the Radio Ranch in San Francisco was an old prohibition bar, and the owner took us down into their storage room one day and all of the old tunnel doors were all welded shut because they used to move alcohol underneath San Francisco in this tunnel system.
Speaker 2: But it was really cool. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: One of my favorite liquor stores was named twenty second Amendment Liquors, which I was always I'm sorry not to twenty forty first Amendment. Yeah, yeah, twenty second is presidential term limits. That'd just be a weird name. I went to a baron named after term limits.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: By the way, ladies, keep in mind nineteenth Amendment. We gave you the right, we can take it away. And yes, it's on a as a needed basis. Let's see, can anybody name the last amendment? I'll tell you that it's the twenty seventh, So anybody remember what it is? Limiting congressional pay increases, ratified nineteen ninety two. Essentially, you don't get a raise until another round of elections is held. You can vote one in, but you don't get it.
Speaker 4: You know, our friend Tim thinks there should be more amendments that that we or have been. We've made it too difficult. It seemed like it's acted like it's just too big a crazy a deal to ever talk about amendments.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would agree.
Speaker 2: I mean, you spend two hundred and fifth years doing something, you gotta get better at it.
Speaker 3: Figure out Oh we forgot this.
Speaker 2: I would like to see some stuff clarified, like the fourteenth Amendment that the birthrate citizenship. All I want is added on if the parents have legal status in the United States. You can't just sneak in.
Speaker 3: All I know.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you read that. When I get home there are some soldiers sleeping soundly in my bed, who are gonna You're not gonna be happy to hear what I now know.
Speaker 3: I will courder you no longer.
Speaker 1: Jebediah the Armstrong and Getty Show, Yeah, or Jahn your show podcasts and our hot lakes.
Speaker 2: It's the Armstrong and Geeddy Show featuring our podcast one more thing, download it, subscribe to it wherever you like to get podcasts. Three two one see you. The last words of a British daredevil as he attempted to base jump off a twenty nine story building in Thailand. His shoot did not open, he went splat on the cement, and he is no more.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 2: My question was, and I think this is an interesting one. Do human beings have a limited amount of empathy individual human beings? Because when I hear a story like that, I have no feeling whatsoever, like of sadness or you're dead inside, because i feel like I've only got so much empathy and I'm gonna save it for those soldiers that died sleeping in their barracks. And Jordan the other day and their families, and you know a million other examples you can come across every single day in the news or maybe even your own personal life. But somebody who decides to be a daredevil, and the whole point of being a daredevil is sometimes it doesn't work. Otherwise you're not a dared devil. You're I mean, it's as similar to sitting in an office chair every day. I mean, if there's no risk, there's no excitement to it, and if now and then it doesn't go right, I just I feel nothing for that person. It's a there's death defying stunt and death said you know today I went or would you say, Look, there's no limit on empathy. You can be empathetic toward the you know, the parents of the child who was abducted, or those people who died in Jordan, and this guy who got squashed because he has people who love him also. Which is it, Katie?
Speaker 3: Why are you putting me on the spot to.
Speaker 2: Make you uncomfortable? Very good?
Speaker 3: I think, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, what do you feel when you hear the guy died? Well, no part of me is with you.
Speaker 5: I'm like, okay, Well, if you hadn't to jumped off the building, you wouldn't be dead, correct, right, So obviously my heart goes out more to those people where it's an uncontrollable situation. But then again, of course I think about this guy's family too, and I kind of you know that sucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, Yeah, I don't. I don't have a lot of empathy for him. I don't have antipathy though. I'm not like to the guy and thinking, yes, what you get? No, no, no, I don't have that at all. I just got nothing. I have no feeling whatsoever for it. Huh. Sometimes work didn't work. This time he struck a bargain he was comfortable with. He had a life I'll bet he enjoyed very much, and an all an ever present possibility came true. Fair deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think it's a big scale of people's emotions too, because I mean there'll be so many times where I'll see a video and somebody.
Speaker 3: Will be like, oh, I'm crying.
Speaker 2: Why is there?
Speaker 7: We go?
Speaker 5: My phone won't silence, so there we go, Sorry about that. Or somebody will be like, oh, I'm watching this and I'm crying and I'm going, why why are you? What is what about this is making you cry, it'll be some harp touching thing.
Speaker 2: But I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think it's a different range and emotion for people.
Speaker 3: Hmm, somebody might be that inaction. Maybe you're dead inside just like Jack.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Well, more likely I was trying to figure out if I'm a bad person. But as Joey says, there are plenty of examples of why you're a bad person. You don't need to look to this one.
Speaker 3: Again. We could hold another staff vote if you'd like.
Speaker 2: But I'd like to be in on that vote.
Speaker 3: Another staff vote, everyone say I I any.
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 2: No, I think I admire a guy like that on one level, but no, I'm not going to pretend to be heartbroken. He lived an exciting, wild short short as it turns out, was he married. It doesn't say I doubt it. He's like in his I think he's twenty nine or something.
Speaker 5: I was just gonna say that would be that's I dated a daredevil who used to love to do things that would end up in injury, and it was the most frustrating relationship I've ever been in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll bet I don't know so anyway, So you've got that, do you feel anything for that, and then this one came across this yesterday, and I'll just tell you that our friend Tim sand Online responded to this with I guess I must be dead inside. Then, oh, a phrase that several of us have already used about this story.
Speaker 3: Here's what it was.
Speaker 2: Somebody tweeted out the picture of Travis Kelcey kissing Taylor Swift when they met on the football field after the game, and he said, hey, sweetie, and she walks up and kisses him, and I thought it was cute. But anyway, here is the tweet. I love this photo because it invokes primal reactions in people. They are the couple everyone wishes they were in high school. They represent the summon of popularity and success. Those who fall short this ideal cannot help but feel the sting of envy, a mirror into your soul. And Tim said I must feel dead inside then, because I feel nothing about this. I thought it was cute. I thought, oh, two young people in love. We should leave them alone. When I saw it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I'm trying to process that.
Speaker 2: Okay, So in Syria, I reacted badly to it because I'm jealous of them from my high school inadequacy and my phone.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 3: No, he's saying you like it because they portray what you wanted you wanted to be.
Speaker 2: See. I don't know if I buy this or not, although I think you're lying if you didn't. If you if you say I want to be the high school football star or home coming queen or in love or popular, really, I mean I don't know. I mean I was not envious of those people, Like I didn't walk around in this, But I'd be lying, wouldn't if I said I really don't want to be that.
Speaker 3: No, I legitimately wanted nothing to do with that in high school. I think I did not show me to hear that I.
Speaker 2: Did too, But I think it was it was some sort of protection mechanism for my psyche or something. It seems weird to like, you don't want to be popular or attractive and in love. Who doesn't want to be popular, attractive and in love? Yeah, I'm just and I don't want to be rejected premise out of hand guy, because I haven't thought about this.
Speaker 3: I just I don't know. Maybe it's because I'm soft and thoughtful and have the heart of a poet.
Speaker 7: What But.
Speaker 3: When today, when I see Michael.
Speaker 2: Michael, what, I'll come in there and slap you silly if you don't admit I have the heart of a poet, Michael. But if I see like an old couple holding hands and I think that's really sweet, it's simple. Other you secretly want to be elderly?
Speaker 3: Yeah, just I don't know if I buy it.
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 5: I get way more of a reaction out of an elderly couple than a younger couple.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a couple of young hot people are in love.
Speaker 2: I don't. Again, I don't have antipathy for them, mad at them for that, but I don't particularly you.
Speaker 3: Two hotties go off to get a room.
Speaker 2: So I guess I got both going at the same time in that. Like when they when they put the camera on Taylor and she's jumping up and down in a hugging Patrick Mahomes's wife, I think, Okay, you're young, you're beautiful, you're unbelievably rich and famous. Of course you're happy. I mean, it disgusts me on many levels. But on the other hand, to say I don't want to be young, rich, attractive and admired would be who am I trying to kid? Of course everybody wants that, don't they. I don't know. I guess I'm just questioning whether that was any part of my reaction to the two of them smooching at midfield.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if that has anything to do with the other, I agree. I don't think it was that deep. Yeah, I wish I were that deep. I just thought, oh, that's cute. I love love. I'm pro love. I hope those two kids are happy.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're uh okay with not having much of a reaction to a guy going splat on the pavement if it was his choice, and not much of a reaction to the people kissing at the fifty yard line. Okay, correct. I'm not dead inside. I'm just mostly numb. It's like two hours after a dental aplant. My lips sagging and I'm getting spit all over my chin. But I can feel a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, still can't drink out of a straw.
Speaker 1: Jack Armstrong and Joe Gatty, the Armstrong and Daddy Joe