Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio. It is Thursday. It's our one NBA draft tonight. You excited? All right? Maybe not? Could get interesting there number two or three pick. Could there be a couple of trades? Yesterday we thought there was a trade involving the Clippers and the Wizards and the Celtics, and then it turns out it's Memphis and the Wizards and the Celtics and Chris tops Porzingis is still going to Boston. Here, Marcus Smat, in the words of Mark Jackson, is going to Memphis where he gets to babysit down there, and Washington basically gets nothing. If you're Kyle Kuzma, would you want to stay in Washington where there's nobody else because now you can be the man and be like, hey, this is my team here. Or would you be like, I think it's time to get out of here. Also saw where Chris Middleton Milwaukee Bucks. He declined find his forty million dollar option to stay with the Milwaukee Bucks. He's an unrestricted free agent. He could still resign, of course, and so could Kyle Kuzma in Washington. Just getting started on the day stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show, play the Dapole questions out of the Day, all of that forthcoming. Say good morning those watching on Peacock, thank you for downloading the app and our radio affiliates around the country. Jay billis working the draft tonight. Billis will join us coming up a little bit later on. So it's Porzingis to Boston in case you went to bed last night and the deal went south because of Malcolm Brogden's health or health concerns, and then the Clippers backed out of that. But Porzingis is going to Boston. There's a fascination I have with Porzingis because I think he can always be better for somebody that hype and that skill level. He should be like a Victor Wan Bayama, should be able to be a really good rim defender, pick and pop and you know, all of those different things. And then I started to look at his numbers. He's a really good post scorer, and the numbers bear out that he's only second to the Joker, and he's really good at defending on pick and rolls. He just hasn't taken that next step yet. Now you go, oh, he's averaging twenty three and seven and six. Everybody averages twenty now, I mean they do. If you're any kind of scorer, you're going to average at least twenty. But I just want to know what is he going to do when he needs to do it, because Boston's going to be in big games. There are guys who are really good on bad teams, but then they get into big moments and they're not as good. I don't know if Porzingis is big in a moment because he's going to have to be for the Celtics. But I like what they did because they got very little contributions out of Al Horford future Hall of Famer and other big man Robert Williams, and I think they're probably looking at uh down the road. Here we've got a guy who can play defense and pretty good offensive player, and maybe we can count on him more than we did Al Horford future Hall of Famer eight seven to seven to three DP show email address Dpidanpatrick dot com Twitter handle a DP show. Doesn't look like Zion will be traded tonight. Doesn't look like Dame will be traded either, But it doesn't mean that there haven't been discussions here, and it feels like if something would happen with New Orleans, it would be Brandon Ingram, not Zion Williamson. And maybe Portland is saying, hey, let's see what we get if we're going to bring in, you know, Scoot Henderson. Okay, great, Now, Charlotte is probably not taking Scoot Henderson because LaMelo Ball and Scoot Henderson play the same position. But then if Portland is getting Scoot Henderson, Dame Lillard and Scoot Henderson sort of play this same position here. But it looks like Charlotte's locked in on Brandon Miller. And then you find out Michael Jordan is selling the Hornets, but Michael is involved in the process of who they're going to take number two overall. Okay, It'd be like if Pauley wanted to buy my house and we have a contract, but before I sell it, I decide that I'm going to I don't know, fill in the indoor pool. I'm gonna I'm going to put concrete over it or whatever. Without asking. I'm just going to say, hey, you know, I'm going to make these changes here. If Michael and maybe he's going to be a minority owner in the Hornets. But Mike and his track record at drafting, and it looks like they're going to take Brandon Miller. How do you say to Michael Jordan, Hey, Mike, we got it. You know what, how about how about we take it from here? Because Michael is probably involved in the interview process with Brandon Miller. And also there was a comment by Brandon Miller that people love to run with and I know, you know, at this time of the year, you're like, hey, can we is there anything that's making headlines? Here's Brandon Miller. He talked about who his goat is in the NBA.
Speaker 2: I actually don't think Lebron is, you know, to go to fast rock thing.
Speaker 1: My go to bath Paul George. I was grew up watching them, so it's never just Lebron's right. Okay, it's not a big deal, but it's his opinion not you know, this is the guy I love. I love Paul George. Okay, I grew up loving Pete Marravitch. He wasn't the goat, but I loved watching Pete marriviag play. But man, when you grab the headlines and Lebron could be involved in this Lebron's not my go Oh wait till Lebron hears about this at fashion week in Paris, He's going to be upset about this. He is trying to enjoy the Louis show. And I have to deal with this now. Yeah. I got Farrell and jay Z at the Louis Vautone fashion I got Draymon here. What did his kids say?
Speaker 3: I'm just trying to enjoy my holiday. Yeah, I'm on holiday. Yeah, and I have to deal with this. We go on vacation, they go on holiday.
Speaker 4: Holidays sounds nicer, it does.
Speaker 1: Where are you going on holiday?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Because I always go, well what holiday? And they're like, what do you mean? No, you said you're going on holiday. Like what holiday? They're like, what's your vacation? I said, well, what does holiday mean? We have holidays. It's just a vacation, is what it is. Yes, Well, I want to go back.
Speaker 4: To Jordan for a second, that the horn of his team may pass on Scoot Henderson because he plays the same position or the same body style as Lamela Ballah. Would that be irony that the reason the Portland Trailblazers did not take Michael Jordan was because he played the same general position as Clyde Drexler, and that's one of the reasons they passed on him. Did we talk about this with the Golden State Warriors, Oh, you're taking Steph Curry. Don't they already have guards there? And what role does he feel? Don't you just take the player?
Speaker 1: Well, I think that's what the philosophy is now. It should be instead of like, let me just take the best player, not you know, he doesn't fit in, or we already got somebody at that position. Basketball's positionless. It just you know, I don't have a center, two forwards and two guards. I might have three guards. I might have two centers. I might not have a center. But if you're looking at these teams and their success, you're looking at I got that guy who can play, and that guy who can play, and that guy who can play. Because if you said, hey, where's Draymond Green going to play wherever he wants to, well, Klay Thompson, yeah it'll be fine, Steph, Yeah he's good. We get caught up in these Well you got to have the big man, you got to have two forwards, you got to have two guards. No, you just have to have people who can play and complement each other. But the NBA draft gives hope. That's what it's all about, and a golden opportunity like Charlotte at number two and you know, Dame Lillard in Portland at number three. But then you also have these other teams. You know, Dallas is all in apparently with Kyrie, and they have the tenth pick overall. Do they try to package that to get some veteran help? Are the Lakers going to be trading? Are the Clippers going to do anything? Is Paul George actually available to be traded for? This is what happens leading up to the draft, the possibility, the scenarios I'm hearing, is Pam aute Bio available for the Miami. It's just a lot of kicking the tires here and maybe trying to flush things out. Hey, I didn't know Porzingis was going to be available. I thought, okay, maybe they're building around him and Boston goes all in. I mean, I give Brad Stevens a lot of credit. That was a Danny Ainge kind of move there. You kind of swoop in and if you're a Washington Wizards fan, man, good luck. They should just let you in for free and then you know, maybe you'll parking and concession and things like that. Or how about this, you pay on the way out, all right, if you're you know, like you donate something like you know, what what did this meal mean to you? What? What? What's it worth? Here? And then you just pay as you go? How about that? I mean you get to watch the game and then as you leave and then they have a collection plate, you know, go to church and then they pass it down the road. Hey, what what do you think here? All right? Let me give you fifteen cents? You know, I had dollar fifty I got I was entertained there. Yeah, ton I like that.
Speaker 2: It's like an honor system that everyone will give some type of amount that can reflect what they just experienced the rest few hours.
Speaker 1: You know, I still feel bad about this. This is off topic, but it's on topic if you follow me. I was on vacation and I was in Italy and I went into a church, and you know, you're supposed to have the honor system where you put some money in then light a candle. Why didn't have any money on me? So I lit a candle and then my goes. You have to donate that money that prayer doesn't count, doesn't count, I know, and so it's bothered me. I went to Italy a couple of months, you know, six weeks ago. It still bothered me that I didn't put the money in the little coin slot there. You're going to hell. No I'm not. I just didn't put you know, a dollar in the slot.
Speaker 4: Yes, how come you didn't just not light the candle? Enjoy the church?
Speaker 1: And then I don't because I don't know, as you have to do something. All these people were there, and you know, I get into those old churches and it feels like every one of those statues is staring at you, like, what are you doing here? Dude? Seriously you're here again? Hot? Yeah you Why don't you pack like you've been here before? How about we kneel? You know.
Speaker 3: It is funny though, that if there's something to do with your hands, you have to do it.
Speaker 1: But it was Easter Sunday.
Speaker 4: Oh you gotta double down too with the money.
Speaker 1: Yes, cheap on them, bro, But I put all the money in the collection basket. And then afterwards and then my wife goes, you know, we should say some prayers, and I said, okay, for who she goes, just can you just follow me? And I go, okay, and then she had money put it in, and then I go, I don't have any money.
Speaker 4: No ATM close by.
Speaker 1: No, I can't do that. No. And then I lit the candle and she goes, you got to you can't light the candle and not pay Oh, details details details, I'm paying them, but me being here, do you know how much an appearance fee is for me? Honey?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Technically I just gave them lots of money.
Speaker 4: They owe you a couple, They owe me.
Speaker 1: Some money by showing up here at this church. Yeah, this church in Palermo. They they owe me. Yeah, send them an invoice there, Paul, Yes.
Speaker 4: I'll just you're you're right. I mean they scored. Yeah, you probably filled that place.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And I don't understand Italian. They probably were whispering.
Speaker 4: I think that is damn Is that Jim Patrick?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Denny Patrick. Yeah, from the Sports Center. Uh. This program brought to you by the Hottest Rookie's biggest superstars, the Old Time Great. It's only one place to collect them all. Panini trading cards, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show, memorabilia cards, autograph cards, rare insurts started continue collection now Panini America dot net.
Speaker 4: Yes or yes, Paul, Speaking of prayers, Dan, there's a lot of sad Celtics fans today in the Northeast.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 4: Guy Marcus Smart, he's the heart and soul that jam Marcus Smart.
Speaker 1: They love the Draymond Green.
Speaker 4: Just hard working, lunch, pale guy, poor guy. Yeah, heart and soul, like you said, not just the heart, the heart Ansel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're they're.
Speaker 4: Bummed today you woke up here.
Speaker 1: They should be.
Speaker 4: He thought you were losing Malcolm Brognan. They have no connection.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Malcolm Brogna had been there for a year. Now they got to find some other dude. They keep jacking up contested threes and missing them. Now who they got to find that?
Speaker 1: What's my problem with Marcus smartt It was, shoot, dude, you're not Steph Curry. You know you're a defensive player. He's jop shooting.
Speaker 4: He is very hard to quantify as a player because he seems to try at all times, goes to.
Speaker 1: The floor, the immeasurables ball.
Speaker 4: Yeah, team first, But you know he's better than he was five years ago. Five years ago. He's thinking he's throwing out of bounds that it.
Speaker 1: Takes Marcus Smatt good interview. By the way, the Celtics are now tied with the Nuggets for the best odds to win the NBA Championship. Starting the week Boston plus five point fifty Now plus four to seventy five. They're tied with the Nuggets for the best odds. I don't have where everybody else is this according to you on DraftKings. I'd like to know where the Wizards are. Is there a worse team than the Wizards this year? On paper? Trying to think who else is going to be really really bad? Could they threaten the seventy two seventy six ers who won nine games?
Speaker 2: Marvin No, I think they win twenty four games, twenty four twenty.
Speaker 1: Four Okay, maybe, uh maybe picture da Ray can reach out to DraftKings and ask him what the over under is for the Wizards well as of today because they had Bradley Beal and porzingis you know up until yesterday?
Speaker 4: Yes, your Wizards the past two years thirty five and forty seven, thirty five and forty seven, they're the most consistent team of asking you.
Speaker 1: Got to sell it, you know exactly what you're getting with the Wizards mediocrity. That's tough. Yeah, that's where you trust the process. But you trust the process if you have somebody like joelnb where you go, Okay, we're losing, but we're going to start winning. If you're a Wizards fan, you're probably going, what is the prom Is there a process? Tell us if there's a game plan here, because this feels like Washington is the East Coast version of Oklahoma City. But Oklahoma City I have complete trust in. They do have some talent and they have a lot of draft picks there. But as far as the Wizards go, man, that is rough. Yeah, pulling.
Speaker 4: Is there a worst job in sports right now than season ticket sales manager for the Washington Wizards. What's the strategy there? Wrap up the fan base?
Speaker 1: Well, because I can convince you to come out and see the Arizona Cardinals, Like, hey, you know what, come on out. Kyler Murray will be back soon, and you know, we have nice facility here and you get to see a good opposition. You know, come on out and see the forty nine ers play the Cardinals. You know, the Wizards are going to be like, what are we selling here? What can yes, Mark.
Speaker 2: And now with load management, all the Lakers coming down. Oh, Lebron and ad are both out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they didn't think like they needed to play here, so that's why they're taking the night out. Hey, come on out and see Lebron in street close.
Speaker 2: Yes, mar did Tys Jones act up with John Morant because he's in Washington?
Speaker 1: Now, Like, what did I do? He's the starting point guard? Oh?
Speaker 2: Good point?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, his time to shine. Yeah. I think he might feel pretty good where he's like, all right, I'm I'm in Washington and I'm the starting point guard for a team that's going to be terrible this year. All right, let me take a break. Jay Billis will join us. Coming up. We have a interesting take on all these interviews that Victor Won bay Yama has been doing, and we'll have that for you coming up, and we'll have our poll question as well. We're back after this on the Dan Patrick Show. Get Refunds dot Com. Well maybe you'll qualify. It's going to take you about eight minutes or less to see if you qualify. Now, this is e r C e RC Tax Refund and the folks at Innovation Refunds started this and you go to the website Get Refunds dot Com. So it's all under the same umbrella. The CEO, Howard Mackler of Innovation Refunds and Get Refunds dot Com. They've helped a lot of small businesses. They've already completed over seventeen seventeen thousand tax returns for a lot of businesses construction, retail, restaurants, bars, hotels, and maybe they can help you as well. Innovation Refunds could help you get up to twenty six thousand dollars per employee to use as uce fit and Get Refunds dot Com started the process and they'll complete the process. Maybe you've run into a lot of red tape there and decided that you weren't going to go forward. Keep in mind Get Refunds dot Com no upfront charge. They don't get paid unless you get paid Get Refunds dot Com. Or you can download the app from the app store today. That's Get Refunds dot Com.
Speaker 4: Good luck.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine until noon eastern six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio, and you can find on the iHeartRadio app at FSR or stream us live on the Peacock app come up with the pole question, play of the day, stat of the day or two also forthcoming. There's certain drafts that stand out and I was able to cover a few of those. I was covering the draft when Len Bias was drafted by the Boston Celtics. You know, Keem Elijahwan, draft Patrick Ewing and to be able to be there in person. And then there's other drafts where you go, how did this happen? That you look back on Anthony Bennett going number one overall. That was twenty thirteen, so that's a decade ago. Victor Oladipo, who I thought was going to be the best player of the draft, had a nice career. He's been injured, Otto Porter Junior third, Cody Zeller, Alex lenn Nerlins Nowell, Ben Macklamore, Centavious Caldwell, Pope, Trey Burke, CJ McCollum, Michael Carter, Williams, Steven Adams, Kelly Olennock, and uh Shabaz Mohammed. That's it. Those are the first fourteen picks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Paul, pick number fifteen was Giannis.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I wonder if there's ever been a draft where the second seven players were drastically better than the first seven players taken, because those first seven are spotty at best. And then you know Steven Adams, good career, Olenix not awful, Giannis hall of fame, you know, McCollum, nice player. The first seven are.
Speaker 1: Yeah it Jannis doesn't make it because he's not part of the first fourteen. If you said the first seven and the second seven, and then I would take the third seven because at least I'm getting Giannis out of that.
Speaker 4: Goy that was so bad.
Speaker 1: Like there's there's not a good player in there. Yeah, mar I.
Speaker 2: Think Michael Carter Williams was Rookie of the Year. Yeah, I'm almost certain he.
Speaker 1: Couldn't shoot the Hyphen but he couldn't shoot.
Speaker 2: That's one of those somebody's got to win Rookie of the Year.
Speaker 1: Well, I think he had a triple double his first game and we had him on after that and I said they should call you the Hyphen and he goes, yeah, I don't have a nickname there. And that's the last time we heard from Michael Carter Williams.
Speaker 2: Yes, smart, whole lot of ten day contracts for him now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, Kelley o'lennock, Steven Adams, and then in.
Speaker 4: The back half of the first round, decent players like Dennis Schrader were drafted. Shrewd, shrewder, he does it wrong, get the shooterter Tim Hardaway, Junior, Rudy Gobert, Reggie Bullock. It's a nice career.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Mark.
Speaker 2: There were some guys that Ibas Mohammad. He was big time, especially on the internet. He was like the number one player in his class. He was big time with the uc LA, I mean, and just nothing happened for that guy. Like oj May type height, Yeah, coming out of high school going to UCLA and Nerlan's Noel too. Oh, this think's terrible.
Speaker 1: He was just seven feet and played at Kentucky.
Speaker 2: And had a high top fee.
Speaker 1: That was it.
Speaker 2: He's really six ' nine.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Is there anything worse to be in an NBA draft than a senior, a four year senior.
Speaker 1: Like Tracy even an upper classman.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Tracy Jackson Davis of Indiana.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The guy in the Big ten averaged twenty one and eleven and four assists and two blocks and a steal. Big ten. I don't impasine and he's going to go midway through the second round. Those are big ten, great numbers, just like you know, it's almost like Draymond Green's numbers. And he's not going to be sniffed in the first Is he.
Speaker 1: Going to be the highest drafted player who's a upper classman?
Speaker 4: A senior? I got a check.
Speaker 1: Well, if you look at junior senior, who's the highest rated junior senior who will be available tonight? Because that's almost like those guys I think are going to school to go to school and play basketball, not the other way around.
Speaker 3: But at first senior I see being I'm looking at a mock draft. Okay, the first senior I see is going eighteen to the heat Heimi huck Has junior, Oh UCLA good ball handle, Jimi huck Has junior.
Speaker 1: He's a good player. I mean, he's a really interesting player.
Speaker 3: Right after that as nineteen as the Warriors, Chris Murray from Iowa.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he's a junior. Yeah. His brothers with the Kings, Yeah, you got a few rounded them out there.
Speaker 4: I always has a twenty two, yeah, twenty three year old on the rock.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but he's a he's a good player. The average twenty yeah, Mark.
Speaker 2: And all these guys that he projected in the top ten. Oh, you know, season stats forty from the field, thirteen points, four rebounds.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I know, I.
Speaker 1: Know, you're you're seeing guys who don't even start and then they're going they could be drafted. You know, like in the first fifteen picks, Devin Booker didn't started. Kentucky.
Speaker 3: Yes, well, that's the craziest thing about this draft. Maybe not the craziest, but just an odd thing. It feels like an anomaly. The oldest player in the draft. You know what school he's coming from, the oldest player in the draft Connecticut, Kentucky. Oh, you would never think that Kentucky is the oldest player in.
Speaker 1: The draft this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Oscar Sway, Yeah, he started at West Virginia but then played I think did two years a Kentucky. But you would never think that.
Speaker 1: Oh. By the way, Bob Huggins resigned after his DUI. I haven't heard who they're replacing him with, but that's one of those you're on double secret probation after your comments on a Cincinnati radio show and then all of a sudden you get pop for DUI and it was a big DUI a big number there as well in pits, and then that's like, okay, we're done. And I'm sure he would have wanted to stay around for to get a thousand wins. I think it was like nine thirty nine something like that, but he would have gone into the season as the active leader in victories there. All right, So the draft coming up tonight. All of these conversations that I've heard with Victor Rombayama is he seems like he's really mature for nineteen years of age, well thought out sense of humor. Fact, he went to Yankee Stadium, rode the subway. All these things sound wonderful, and he sounds worldly, and he might be since he's been playing professionally for the last couple of years and playing against grown men. But it's something strange where you hear somebody who feels refined and you know they probably know how to set a table. You know, you put the spoon there and the fork there. He's soft spoken. I hate when somebody says, boy, they're well spoken, because usually that has to do with a minority, Like he's really well spoken. No, he's just he is a great speaker. He is uh and you know he speaks French, speaks English, and but when you say, oh, he's really well spoken. Now he just is somebody who knows what to say and how to say it, and and all these interviews, so you wonder does he have that killer instinct? And I always go back to Troy Polamalu. Troy Palamalu would come on the show and he'd be like, hey, Dan, how are you. I'm thinking, how does that guy rip your head off? And Domin can sue same way, Mike Tyson, Dodd give me a little Mike Tyson.
Speaker 4: I just want to tell you that I'd love to have you come over my half sometime and check out the bird. That'll be kind of silly time, okay.
Speaker 1: And then he would get in the ring and then he would kill you. But but Polamalu is the example where you go that guy, you would never know what he did if you met him, and then all of a sudden you see him on the football field and you're like, that's that's that's that same guy. And Victor one Bayama seems like, I don't know if he's got that killer in him, and I don't know if you need it. Other than nobody thought that about Tim duncan Man. He seems really passive. David Robinson one of the nicest people you'll ever meet, but he's still played with such great athleticism. Yeah, chem elijau Wan. Yeah, you sit down with him, very peaceful, He's very zen like guy. Then you get on the floor. Not everybody has to be Michael or Kobe or bird Isaiah that intensity. But I did wonder about that when you hear his voice and he just sounds like he's just very mature for a nineteen year old. That stand out to anybody here. Would you have doubts about Victor one Bayama because he just seems soft spoken.
Speaker 4: I confuse soft spoken for not intense, which doesn't make any sense at all, because but Victor is sitting there, he is like his legs crossed, He's sitting there talking. It is like an actor's studio interview. And does that mean he can't elbow people or you know, get in people's faces.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, but it did. It just struck me as he just that's a nineteen year old. Credit to him and his family.
Speaker 2: Yes, Mark, how do you want him to talk like macho Manorandy Savage?
Speaker 4: A little brother we also have to decide how tall he is. I've seen three different reports in the past twenty four hours of what his height is. Okay, seven three seven four seven five. We gotta we gotta decide before the draft.
Speaker 1: Does it matter?
Speaker 4: Well, we should call it something he.
Speaker 1: Care about his wingspan. I mean that's really.
Speaker 4: You like what a guy's six too and his wingspan six wingspan?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I don't. I don't know when that became a thing, but then when it became a thing, it was a big thing. His wingspan is Do we blame j Billis for wingspan? He might have been in the first You know he's got he's got wingspan of six to ten. He's six to two.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't know how tall Kevin Durant is exactly, but he's got a seven to five wingspin for a fact.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, See.
Speaker 3: Victor's wingspan is listed here at eight feet, which is if he laid down basically and somehow went like this and put his arm straight up in the air, his wingspan is almost taller than I can jump and touch.
Speaker 1: Yes, if that makes sense.
Speaker 4: If he's planking, he could probably touch the neody. I got wingspan measurements from the NBA combine, Zachi, do you produce seven to ten?
Speaker 1: They're not talking about Zaki. I haven't heard his name going back. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's interesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah they do do they do hand measurements at the combine as well.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about what's Victor won Bayama's hands. Why is it so important for an NFL player but not for a a basketball player, or that we don't highlight those hand size. I mean, you got to have a handle. Everybody has to have a handle. Not everybody gets to hold the football in the NFL, but everybody in the NBA. You're holding the basketball. Do we have hand size for Victor one by.
Speaker 4: I don't have it. We're believing, we're looking.
Speaker 1: Okay, I hope we have it by tonight for the drive.
Speaker 4: The Spurs have it. They should probably questioning things at this junction.
Speaker 1: You see him holding that wall. He held the baseball then it looked like a golf ball.
Speaker 4: We'd never really got to it yesterday. Marvin's reaction to VI.
Speaker 1: As soon as I saw that, and then PAULI goes, Marvin's going to have a bad day tomorrow. You're getting two days out of it, Marvin, I know, and then I said, you know what, I purposely didn't bring it up because I knew that it was going to be your ten year anniversary. You were married ten years ago and congratulations.
Speaker 2: Oh thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah ten years today. Yeah, let's do this. You know you're still in love and in like, yeah, well that's more important. Oh for sure, you fall in love, you stay marriage married because you like each other. Yes, absolutely, yeah, yes.
Speaker 4: And I think we're coming up in the thirty eighth anniversary of Marvin having small hands mark when's your birthday? Because they were when they were born, they were very small and they just stayed.
Speaker 1: You know, when your child they have like footprints when they're babies, or they have their hand prints there and they're like, oh okay, that's what we took these when you were week old, Marvin, did you do that? Did your mom do that with your hands and your feet when you were born? Huh yeah? Yeah.
Speaker 3: See Victor, when bun Yama's hands are so big, he can palm a basketball using just his thumb and his middle finger. Okay, that's gigantic. Using just these two fingers, he can palm basketball. Maybe he has strong hands as well as big hands.
Speaker 1: Oh I hope. So that's gigantic, gigantare. Ronnie Hawkins had the biggest hands I ever was I saw in a basketball court, and that's the first guy I remember. He just held the ball held, you know, like a joker does. Now, Knnie Hawkins would do that with his He had these huge hands.
Speaker 4: Yes, when Manyama. This year he played for the Metropolitans in that pro league. He took two hundred and fifteen free throws and he shot eighty three percent.
Speaker 1: This year.
Speaker 4: I looked at his percentage. He didn't play a lot of basketball, a ton of a competitive basketball where they kept a lot of stats. But this year is shooting percentage from the free throw line was eighty three percent. From from three point land it was about twenty nine percent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I love that you can build upon that because you'll you'll get your legs, you'll you'll understand how to you know, take advantage of your body shooting those kind of shots. When you can shoot from the free throw line and you have touch, that's really hard. Joker, good shooting, big men from the line, Anthony Davis, good shooting if you're if you have those guys who are going to get found on and then you send them to the line. They're making over eighty percent of their free throws. It's such a weapon. But we get caught up. Remember, Shaq's hands are too big for him to be good from the line. I went, that is nonsense. Victor's hands are bigger than Shacks. It's Shaq never had a follow through. He had a shot put. Victor wan Bayama shoots it like he has a great looking for great looking form and touch. Shaq didn't. Shack would just if it went in. It was like, man, it's going in. If not, it's going to bounce out to half court. Yeah, Marv.
Speaker 2: Watching old Lakers games on NBA TV or ESPN Classic whatever, and you can see Shack at the free throw line and he literally his hands like he literally shot put the ball. Yeah, it's not even no touch, no anything, And the ball would go in in the Staples Center, it wouldn't even beye, I know, Thank God, I know. Kolbe's like, God, get in shape.
Speaker 1: It's just And then I think somebody said that he broke his wrists when he was young, and he couldn't do with that normal follow through, that flick that you would have with Shack. But you know, there's no excuse for a big man not being a good free throw shooter. It's just put in the time and for Victor to be shooting that well from the long and that's that's great. What a weapon having your guy who has the ball the most. Like joker, he goes to the line, you're gonna pay for it? All right, we'll come back. We have to settle on our poll question and we have our play of the day coming up next. Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine until noon eastern six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and you can find us on the iHeartRadio app at FSR or stream us live on the Peacock app.
Speaker 5: This is Steve Covino and Rich Davis, and together we are Covino en Rich, Caveno and Rich. Thanks buddy, that's right, Cavino on Rich, Fox Sports Radio's newest hit show, heard weekdays from five to have an eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app. Every Coveno in Rich shows available as a podcasts. Just search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts and subscribe from such a rockin Dude. The show features our unique take on sports injected with some fun, humor and relatability. Listen to Coveno owner at five days a week on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: Rich give me a hell yeah, Oh my god. Play of the day face check this out. Oh.
Speaker 4: One pitch to Freddy the Suasion hits the ball deep the center field. It is headed back to the wall. It has done a home run. Freddy Freedom is fourteenth of the season.
Speaker 1: Emma Dodgers jump on top one nothing. That's your play of the day. Curtisy of a five, seventy at least Sports Dodgers Radio Network, Freddie Free, even Homer it off show. Hey, Dodgers beat the Angels to nothing for the second straight game. Otani and Mike Trout went oh for fifteen. In the series, the Angels combined for seven hits and struck out seventeen times. That's your play of the day. Play of the Day is brought to you by Marvin's Cookount Playlist. Oh It's hard rock, punk rock, yacht rock, Southern rock, or kid rock. You can go to Danpatrick dot com and vote for the playlist. Tune in tomorrow hear the winning playlist, courtesy of my plan from Verizon. It's all about control. Get exactly what you want, only pay for what you need on the network that you want. Verizon we got right now.
Speaker 3: Southern rock d ends at thirty percent, but sneaking up very very closely, very very closely, at twenty seven. It's only three point difference. Yes, yacht rock. See this audience gets it. They do, they do, Yeah, because the yacht rock would be great. That'd be great Southern rock. There's a little bit of a controversy too, going on with the othern rock part.
Speaker 1: Why is that?
Speaker 3: Well, the other day we were mentioning you were like, what's like this first southern rock song that comes to mind? Yes, and I threw out Freebird Glennard skinnerd. Then people were like, no, Tuesday's Gone is their better song. But then other people were like, if you're saying southern rock and Almond Brothers doesn't come out first or Marshall Tucker Band, then so there's a little bit of a.
Speaker 1: Oh no, there's no there's no dispute. It's the Almond Brothers. The Almond Brothers created Southern rock? Is it Midnight Rider or Rambling Man? It could be Melissa, you know from Edith Peach live at Fillmore. Almond Brothers Dwayne Almond created Southern rock in my opinion, my humble opinion, by the way, okay, but you can throw.
Speaker 3: On Marshall Tucker. You know, it feels almost like we're skinnered. We might get a stay in our lane. Oh god, I'm sure you will. But look when that happened with Green Day.
Speaker 1: What did I do? I went to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, So look at green Days exhibit. Educated yourself? Yes I did? And you know, oh I was still right about Green Day.
Speaker 3: Shouldn't credence get more love in that southern rock conversation?
Speaker 1: I think because they weren't from the South. They were from the Bay Area. Even though they sound like that they're from the South. I mean, John Fogerty's voice is unmistakable, but they're not true Southerners.
Speaker 4: I guess, yes, kind of like Jeff Gordon come from California becoming a great NASCAR driver, he was still from California.
Speaker 1: Not real.
Speaker 4: Took a while to embrace.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not real, not authentic. I had a situation I was telling the Danets about this. Now, I don't expect special treatment when I go into a restaurant or anything. I don't promise I do not. But my wife and I were in a city and we saw where there are all these great reviews for this restaurant. Now, we had already gone to dinner, and we thought, let's just walk by this restaurant. And I walk in and there were two guys and they're like, oh my god, big fans. So they work there, and I go, yeah, I heard about this place. Hey, you let us know. I said, well, how about tomorrow? And they go, oh, no, no, it's a two month waiting list. I said, well, wait a minute. You just said big fans, do you know, let us know if you want to go. I think they left out let us know if you want to go in two months from now. Yeah. And so I was just a little confused, and so I said, well, wait a minute. You just said let me know if there's anything we could do, and then you say it's a two month waiting list.
Speaker 4: Yes, And you were clearly on vacation. It wasn't like a home based restaurant. This is where I traveled. Yeah, and those people probably know who work at the restaurant that you're in town. Yeah, you're not a regular. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then one of the guys goes, hey, I listen to podcast every day and I said all right, and he goes, you know who's inside? And I go who you know? Who's having dinner? I go, no, who coach? Pop? Oh? And I go, oh, dang, did he have to wait two months to get id? Oh? My wife elbows me, and then we walk outside and she goes, not everybody gets your sense of humor, I said, I wouldn't try to be funny. I just wanted to know did Pop have to wait two months to get his reservation? And that?
Speaker 3: Like, they were like, if you need anything, just let us know. You're like, okay, how about throwing no, no, no, We're gonna say, like, here's our website address.
Speaker 1: Just go in there.
Speaker 3: You can fill out all the information for when the next.
Speaker 1: All right, go ahead, be judge Judy here Paul.
Speaker 4: I would say, yes, you were it was fair for you to assume that them going hey, as.
Speaker 1: Soon as I walked into the restaurant, these are the two guys waiting to seat you.
Speaker 4: If you want to let us know it means I can get you a table ace out. Yeah, that's what that's a green light.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And I said, oh, I don't I don't want a reservation tonight, and they go, oh no, no, we don't have anything available for two months. And I go that's a long time to go without food. And then my wife is like, will you stop with the lines? And I go all right, yes see.
Speaker 3: I had, I guess, somewhat of a similar experience a little bit where somebody had reached out and said, hey, if you and your family are ever up this way, let us know and we'll take care of you.
Speaker 1: So I was just like, oh, sick.
Speaker 3: So we get up there, book like a whole trip or whatever, and get up there. And my understanding is that when they say come up here, we'll take care of you, is that the hotel was taken care of because they were the people inviting us up to like again. So I got up there, I was like, hey, what's up, we're here or whatever. They're like, okay, that's four hundred and fifty dollars Yo. What I just went, I was gonna come up here, Yeah, but we'll take care of you.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I would decipher that as set at least a friendly rate. If the word the phrase take care of you means you're not getting the standard rate.
Speaker 1: I could have just booked this myself.
Speaker 3: I didn't need I didn't need you to take care of it for like I didn't need you to do the paperwork for me.
Speaker 1: I've Joe Montana invited me and my wife to his house in Wine Country, so we planned a trip. See that's who I was talking about. And then and then he sold his house. We didn't know that he had sold his house.
Speaker 4: Okay, I got a note when he invited you. Did he say, hey, you guys should come out sometime or did he say you should come stay at my house?
Speaker 1: Sometimes he said to stay at his house. He was like, hey, you got to come out. You know, we'll put you up. That might be one of the greatest pranks ever pulled it. And maybe it was. You know, I meant, not everybody gets Joe Montana sens you humor.
Speaker 4: Did he sell?
Speaker 1: No? The last thing I know, my wife goes, does Joe Montana have two houses in Wine Country? I go, I don't know it, because well he's selling one. And I reached out and Joe said, oh yeah, I'm selling my house in the Wine Country, and I went, all right, we'll change our plans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, another win for Joe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, honey, we're going to go to Venice Beach. Wait, I thought we were going to Wine Country. You know what, Let's go watch some men lift weights on the beach.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's one of those things. There's a phrase, you're more than welcome to join, You're more than welcome to stay with us. More than welcome means it's a fake invite. More than welcome is a clear fake invite, and everyone should know that. America. Wow, hey, you're more than welcome to come out to dinner with us. No, if someone says you, dude, come on with us, let's go. Come on, that's an invite.
Speaker 3: Southern rock backlash is happening, by the way. First of all, you haven't even mentioned Molly Hatchet.
Speaker 1: Molly Hatchet is not in the same category as the olmen. You're from Ohio. What do you know about Southern played Molly Hatchet and skinnered? I'm from southern Ohio. Damn it.