Speaker 1: So Dave Portnoy posted that he has forty five million points on annex. So I think of this guy as like a real business guy, Like he's a hustler, he's a.
Speaker 2: Money maker, he's an action guy.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he knows that it's like the third or fourth biggest currency. There's some stat about unused points being I think it's the third or the fourth biggest currency in the world. So he's literally just burning a currency. And I just can't imagine him not realizing that. And I invested in this company, point dot me that helps people use their points, and I the hotel that I'm in right now, in a hotel within my stay in Vancouver, meaning I'm in Vancouver to shoot a movie, but then I wanted to come back into the town of Vancouver, so I decided to stay at this hotel and I used.
Speaker 2: My chase points.
Speaker 1: Like points are a currency, and you could be a schmuck and you could buy stuff, yes at the drug store or a handbag, or use it for sacks or something like that, and that's the worst use of points.
Speaker 2: But why wouldn't you book hotels on it?
Speaker 1: Like you could get a massive suite for ten thousand a night on your points. I don't know how he doesn't use points or give them out for Christmas or for bonuses, or for take people on a spring break retreat, or send your employees on a spring break retreat, or just a company team building experience, like use your points. I my goal in life is to die without a store credit or a point. I want to die pointless. I want to have lived a point pointless life and die with no gift cards and no store credits. I have a print out of all my store credits and gift cards because it's insane. That's a multi billion dollar waste of money too. So for Dave Portno, he's always talking about like, oh, I want half a million dollars, you know, on this game, or I bet this, or I did that, or I spent this or I lost that. And his dog, Mispeaches, is literally.
Speaker 2: Chewing at his wallet.
Speaker 1: You see his dog eating his wallet, which is effectively what he's doing by not using his points. Your dog may as well just go eat all your points because they're worth forty five million points. You definitely, yeah, you could. You could go on a trip for five hundred thousand points.
Speaker 2: Easy.
Speaker 1: Easy, A really you could go on a trip for five hundred thousand points, so you know, lack of doing the exact math, that's like ten trips that he could do. So give each of the barstool and employees, your top performing employees, some of your points and send them on a trip. Give Brionn a Chicken fry a million points as a bonus.
Speaker 2: Let's say you were.
Speaker 1: Gonna give her the monetary equivalent of five hundred thousand points.
Speaker 2: Give her a million points.
Speaker 1: Give Josh Richards a million points to go with Gabriella on a trip. Point dot Meal book it for free. They book through points the best trips and get you the best deal. Like honestly, I'll do it myself.
Speaker 2: Don't tell me.
Speaker 1: Dave Pornoy doesn't have a visa and he's only using an AMEX because visa is what you're supposed to use when traveling, when dining, when staying at hotels. American Express is for luxury items. But you'll get the best ROI. Yes, he has American Express points. That's interesting. He has forty five million on American Express points, which means he uses his AMEX for everything. Because he's a hot stepper and he's probably just using his black car.
Speaker 2: But American Express should really only be used for.
Speaker 1: Luxury, like if you're buying an Arama's bags or if you're buying a watch, And even then still, Visa has amazing return policies now and covers your ass. But AMEX, while I do use it, and I am using my business card right now, and I don't know why I'm not using my visa on this trip. Visa is what you should be using for all your meals, all your travel, really all your expenditures, because the points are more valuable on Visa if you're redeeming points.
Speaker 2: So if Dave Portnoy's going to.
Speaker 1: Redeem his forty five million points, those all should be used on air travel. So I double down to say that he should give all those points to Breonna Chicken Fry and to Josh Richards and to other people that work with him. That guy who does all the yelling and he's always reporting on stuff that's crazy going on right now, and like yelling the updates and the news. Give them points on American Express to be used on first class tickets to go amazing places, and Visa points are great to be used on hotels. That's how I roll AMX points for air, Visa points for hotels, AMEX points if you will, for extreme luxury, use visa to charge everything else. But it's a currency, it's money. Dave Portnoy is wasting money. So if you don't want to use it yourself, give it away or do a contest.
Speaker 2: Do a giveaway. By the way, Dave is now raising.
Speaker 1: Money because of his dog mispeaches for a charity, and you can donate the points to them. You can donate the points to relief work. The best idea I've had yet, donate the forty five million points to be strong. Let's say, donate your points to people who are suffering. You know, you bought a dog, which is being celebrated, so that's great, But like, donate your points that you're just kind of laughing about and can't believe you have so many of to charity or to you know, the Josh Richards chicken fry or barstool people. But use your points people, And Dave is an extreme example, but I'm saying it to you guys too. Get organized about your points and how you spend them, and what credit cards you have, and how you operate on the day to day, because the money really does add up, and it could be a free vacation, or you could help someone else in need who wants to get out of a disaster torn place. So if Dave wants point out me to help them, spend those points in the most efficient way where you're not getting ripped off.
Speaker 2: And that's the thing.
Speaker 1: Two points change every single day like a currency. So funny points change every single day because one day to dollar's worth this in Canada, the next day is worth something different. Points are the same one day, you can book this hotel, and yes the hotel might be three hundred dollars today or four hundred tomorrow. But also the points currency changes too. Today you need x number of points to book that hotel. Tomorrow you you know, get double your value because they're giving you double your value for your points.
Speaker 2: So it is a currency. It is.
Speaker 1: Please double check my work and point me can confirm, but it is. I think the third largest currency in the world is points. So get educated because I think you're missing the point, and so is Dave Portnoy. I'm loving Alex Earl's boyfriend Braxton. He's so cute. He actually does look like a panda. They call it to I guess Panda. He looks like a sweet little bear. He's just along for the ride. He doesn't mind being her boyfriend, her sugar daddy, her intern.
Speaker 2: Like he's really secure.
Speaker 1: I guess if you're you grew up a football star and you're in the NFL, you're secure because you're cute and you're good looking and you're young and now you're dating you know, the ick girl, and it's adorable. Like he's just cute and they're just funny together, and like it was almost like the social media gods cast him, you know, like just put him in the role.
Speaker 2: They're very cute.
Speaker 1: My daughter Brinn likes them, which I like because like, that's a cute little boyfriend girlfriend. I don't remember what it was like to be that age and be in a relationship. It's just so funny because she's on social media, so she feels like, you know, it's not like I feel like she's my age, but she's someone that I could, you know, once in a while watch and be entertained by. It's not that relatable because she's like could obviously be my daughter, but uh, it's just funny to watch Brin watch and this cute little relationship. I mean, they're so young, I'm trying, well, not that young. I mean, I guess I was married the first time at twenty six. But they're wild and they're just they're just they're just cute and fun and they're doing their own show and he's on the podcast all the time now, so they better get married because he's like in the.
Speaker 2: Program and that would be really cute.
Speaker 1: That's giving Jessica Simpson and Nicoloche, which is not a kind thing to say, and I don't mean it to be not kind, but weren't they super cute in the beginning, you know?
Speaker 2: Or were they not? I don't remember.
Speaker 1: Someone said they didn't like the way he spoke to her because he's too her adorable. I didn't mean to make that comparison in any negative fashion. I just mean I feel like Jessica and nick were like all American cutie pies together. And that show is way ahead of its time if you really think about it, like I wonder what that.
Speaker 2: I mean, who produced that? I'd love to watch?
Speaker 1: I mean, I really probably wouldn't butt it be fun to watch that again? If I tell you that the best piece of entertainment I've ever seen in my life is that jam session with classroom in instruments that Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake do with a group of musicians, and the way that it's produced, the way that the social media post is produced. It cuts between different people doing the music, and then you'll have like they'll they'll they'll zero in on two people like Jimmy and Justin, and then they'll have like two people above them. Like it's all these different squares, like Hollywood squares, and it's insane. It is the sickest and it escalates, and Jimmy Fallon is so happy, like he loves being a musician, he loves entertaining.
Speaker 2: He really is like a variety show.
Speaker 1: And it's just unbelievable, Like it's just I honestly, I'm as impressed with Jimmy Fallon as I am with Justin Timberlake, which is a massive statement because Justin Timberlake is an incredible musician and I'm so happy for him because when he came over to TikTok, people were like trolling him. And sometimes you're like do something on stage and they'll like say like he's like Dad or something. They'll make fun of him. Guess what the fuck what? Justin Timberlake is a god. He always has been.
Speaker 2: He's that guy. He's so good.
Speaker 1: He is such a talented musician, like he dances, he acts, he sings. His voice is like so malefluous. And it's such a good album and I'm so happy and I'm like loved watching this. I just want I want to watch it all day. I was mesmerized. So if you haven't seen it, I don't know where else it is. Was it only on the show? Was it for social media? That would be psychotic. I can't imagine that that was the case, because but I can because I mean, millions of people will see it. But if it was on the show, then you know, And I'm an idiot and I'm late.
Speaker 2: I died.
Speaker 1: I just was scrolling through him like what in the hell, And it like elevates and gets to like a crescendo and it's so satisfying.
Speaker 2: It's just like a journey. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: And I'm just so impressed with Jimmy into so like ten out of ten freaking out is Kale being canceled? So I knew Kale when it was a garnish at a diner next to a warm, sweaty orange slice, next to hot eggs, and I saw cale really get to the top. I saw cale go from a curly garnish to a chip.
Speaker 2: A Caesar salad.
Speaker 1: I saw cale getting deep tissue massages in massage kale moments.
Speaker 2: I saw crispy kale.
Speaker 1: I saw yes kale, Caesar's kale quene wa kale, butternut squash power kale. I've seen cale really move through the ranks of society, and I've seen it leave tired vegetables in its wake, like escarole and broccoli rob and I've seen it also bring up different types of nepo vegetables like cauliflower that also was just like a you know, a public service punishment like eating cauliflowers, like eating lima beans and Brussels sprouts too. Brussels sprouts also was good friends with kale and cauliflower, and they.
Speaker 2: Were in like a nerd group.
Speaker 1: And now they're like Kendall Jenner, Hayley Beeber and Selena Gomez like they're or Gigi Hadid.
Speaker 2: They are like celebrities, and.
Speaker 1: Kale fucked up because kale in some way is toxic they're saying, and I just feel like we're not seeing it as much. And you know, Quenwa was represented by the same publicist and agent and manager as Kale, and they've had a really nice moment, although it feels like it's slowing down a little. As the only protein grain, that was a really.
Speaker 2: Big, big moment.
Speaker 1: But like it's you know, Kale is like a it's Kale Dashian because kale was the most famous vegetable in the world for a moment, and now it's just taken a notch down. It's just older and it's not as relevant. It's rich, you know, it's rich like Kim, but like Kale is just not.
Speaker 2: It anymore.
Speaker 1: It's just taken a dive. So who will be the next Kale? I mean, who is Taylor Swift? In vegetable talk, they're trying to make beats come up. Celery has been having a moment. It's been really stretching to be something, but it's just not It doesn't have the diversity of Kale.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think like leaks could really come in. I just don't see Ridiculo ever being mainstream. I don't see and I've ever being mainstream I feel like mushrooms really had their moment, but they're a little like dirty and moldy sometimes, and people like they don't bathe correctly. They don't bathe they cannot be in water, so I just don't think they can be as famous. I feel like broccoli is just like classic carrots. People have tried to elevate carrots, but squash has had a.
Speaker 2: Real moment too.
Speaker 1: I myself have really pushed potatoes, like baked potatoes.
Speaker 2: As far as I can push them, you know.
Speaker 1: So as I sit here, I try to think about like Swiss chart is too niche. I think leaks, I just don't think. I think leaks could do it. Asparagus is not going to do it. It's tried so hard. Broccolini's like a cousin of broccoli rob and it's just not It's not gonna happen. It's just not gonna happen, And I'm really sorry. Like spinach is amazing, but like something interesting like bacchoi, which is also it had some would have to really figure out how to prepare really well. So like bacchoi, or like snow pee shoots, or like Chinese broccoli, it's gonna be something really niche, like white asparagus, layama beans. I just like liama beans could hit because they're like at a mamee. So I just feel like we need to figure out ahead of time, Like roo vegetables is not gonna be it. They're just too like starchy and they're kind of wintry. We need like a year round vegetable. So like I just want to forecast and like bet on the right vegetable. And I'm having a hard time thinking about what is. Maybe it's something I don't even know about. Like they have black kale, they have baby kale, they probably have like redcale. I don't know, they have different colors like purple broccoli not gonna happen.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe yellow beats Like that's good because it's like also serves a purpose.
Speaker 2: It's not staining your counter.
Speaker 1: You know, it's gonna have to be a functional vegetable because people are really into health right now, and kale had to function in fiber and in like probably vitamin I think it's a or K, So think on it please. You know, fruits too, Pomegranates had a moment Asie had a moment at my Vegetable Representation agency. Maybe I'll take on some fruits I don't know. And then there are some fruits that are thought to be vegetables, I mean tomatoes.
Speaker 2: A fruit's confusing to people.
Speaker 1: So in in fruits, the small tomatoes, the like sugar bombs that are doing really well. But I don't know who the hottest client is right now. I feel like we're in a lull in between clients. That's why it's a great time for summer to come up. It's I don't know why. I just oh, art to chokes. They're very expensive to get the heart there, you know, but artichokes, there's gonna be an arto choke shortage.
Speaker 2: At some point.
Speaker 1: Avocados fucking came in like a wildfire.
Speaker 2: How did I not mention avocados? Holy fuck? They like move the market, like the.
Speaker 1: Avocado industry like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: They can't keep up with the demands. Same with the kale.
Speaker 1: So we got to really think about where they can really mass produce vegetables, like how that can happen. Corn's been doing nicely, but you can't just compare like we need. You know, sprouts are too finicky, they get too moldy.
Speaker 2: There's too many issues like thing because the thing about it.
Speaker 1: Was kale was cheap, Like it's got to be a durable, cheap vegetable like kale. Also like lasts, like you could have a kale salad in your fridge for a while.
Speaker 2: You can't have like a spinach.
Speaker 1: Salad already dressed, or like a rougolo or romaine or which has or iceberg which has really not a lot of nutritional value, butter lettuce that wilt's like kale fucking held up.
Speaker 2: Kale's strong.
Speaker 1: It can handle bad press too, so it can handle pressure. It can handle like deep deep, deep deep massage and things like that. So let's just think about hearts of palm. I've been eating hearts a pond for years and that's having a moment. But it's a it's a pickled vegetable. I don't know if that really counts cucumbers, you know they're doing fairly well. I feel like for a vetcheable, what it's been around a long time. Like we haven't seen squash and zucchini really have their moment, while we saw zoodles that was a moment like spiralizing, and same thing with carrot and butternut squash, but I don't know if it's peaked egg plant.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about it and then we'll get into like lagomes at some point really like you know, is it chickpeas as it beans?
Speaker 2: Is it? And we could get back into grains too.
Speaker 1: People haven't really exploited farrow and millet.
Speaker 2: Like farrow is spelt.
Speaker 1: I think there are three names for farrow, so that could do well because it has a Hollywood name too, there's like spelt and then is one more name like wheatberries. I think there are three names farrow, wheatberries, and spelt. So it has three names. So it's like Anthony Michael Hall. So who knows a lot to discuss super important stuff peppers. There are many colors of peppers. Now. Onions are great, like maybe they're gonna be different, like I love a red onion.
Speaker 2: Herbs.
Speaker 1: We could do herbs one day. Like Cilantro has had a moment. When I was a kid, Cilantro was not famous at all. It was like a punishment. Cilantro was like very alien and soap like, and you know, Basil has had its moment.
Speaker 2: Obviously.
Speaker 1: Parsley really Parsley is like a cousin of kale because parsley was also on the side of a plate as a garnish, and it's been take it more seriously, you know. Some Middle Eastern dishes include and Israeli dishes include parsley, which is really nice. And Italian dishes. It's Italian parsley. They're very, very snobby about it. But parsley also is like an herb. You'll see a parsley pesto. It's not that common. I'm not going to overstate it.
Speaker 2: But I don't know.
Speaker 1: We haven't seen the height of sun dried tomatoes, roasted peppers, and a jar is really serious. Olives, you know, I don't know if we've seen their height. They probably are in some different group because they have they have a sea. Yeah, they have like a seed inside, so they're probably known as something different.
Speaker 2: I'm not good at that, like I might be.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry if I don't know all the terminology and the language. I'm just educating myself, like I don't want to. You know, and olive may identify as a vegetable, but it's not a vegetable. A tomato may identify as a vegetable because it's always playing with vegetables, but it's not a vegetable. Like, there are a lot of different terms that I don't know yet, and we're all gonna get educated, and I don't want to get canceled for calling a tomato vegetable or an olive a vegetable.
Speaker 2: I'm not suggesting.
Speaker 1: I feel like a palm is different too, Like people forget that a pickle really originally was a cucumber, and you should not call a pickle ever a cucumber.
Speaker 2: A pickle is a pickle.
Speaker 1: It has transitioned into being a pickle, and it should never be identified as a cucumber, even though that's what it was.
Speaker 2: Similarly, a grape, a.
Speaker 1: Grape is a grape, and a raisin I really believe used to be a grape.
Speaker 2: I think that's what I heard it when I was a kid. I think that's true.
Speaker 1: I've never really believed it because it's so different, But I think a grape was I think a raisin was a grape, and I really do think that a pickle was a cucumber. So it's hard to see things in a different light, but we have to be sensitive, So sorry, not sorry,