Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of The Black Effect podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably Shady. I am Jaselle Bryant.
Speaker 1: Okay, y'all, she impatient.
Speaker 3: I was not ready. I didn't know you didn't. I don't even have my headphones on. Oopsie. Anyway, what's up? What's up?
Speaker 1: What up?
Speaker 2: Okay, So listen, it's summertime. We are all in the summertime, and it's like snuck up on me. I know, like we're in it, I know, you know what.
Speaker 1: Like here in Maryland, I feel like this is the first time I can remember it in a really, really long time that we've actually had that we've actually been able to enjoy the weather and the transition of the weather, because really, yes, normally it goes from like super cold, rainy, super cold, to super humid, true true, But we literally have been able to enjoy nice mild spring weather, beautiful days, not a ton of rain, and then it has gradually just gotten warmer and warmer like this. This is honestly the but and our winter was super mild. We didn't have any snow, which kind of sucks because I like a snow day. I like three snow days. Yeah, yeah, for sure, we didn't have any of those. But whatever, But this weather this year has been amazing.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Do you have when it's when it's nice like this and it's truly the summertime? Do you have like a song playing in your head constantly?
Speaker 3: Some of them? Yes, this one? We like Will Smith? Yes, yes, I mean he's done. Do we like him again? I mean we're we're over it. We have forgiven him.
Speaker 2: Okay, because Chris Chris Rock made his money off of the whole thing. Okay, so will we kind of like you again? But yes, I have summertime like running through my head. Yes, And do you know what's been on TV lately?
Speaker 3: Hatch? Have you seen that movie?
Speaker 2: Hatch is an old movie that he did. There we go, Okay, I haven't seen Hatch.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen Hitch. And when I said Hatch, I said it with like authority. I was like, Hatch, No, it's Hitch. Hitch was a good movie. Hitch was great. Yes, Yes, that was a great movie. I think he was dating Eva, Yeah, you think I think something went dad. Was he married at the time, Yeah, they've been married forever.
Speaker 2: Oh that's true. Okay, I don't want Jada coming after me. Nothing happened between will and Yes, but she is so pretty.
Speaker 3: She's so pretty.
Speaker 1: But she like literally got married and it just disappeared. And yes, like I'm I'm happy living my married life. Listen, I saw her on Ryan Gosling, Right, did you see her on the View? No, she has she she hasn't been around or any on anything in a long time.
Speaker 3: So she's on the View.
Speaker 2: So I'm all excited. And she was like selling clothes. No, a sponge, I promise you she's selling a sponge. What like it was like some anti bacterial sponge and it lets you know when you're just supposed to throw it away, lets you know, and it has like too much bacteria on it.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, throw it away.
Speaker 2: Really, I don't need for any I don't need a sponge to tell me that, I know, like throw that ship away like week one, it's out of here.
Speaker 1: That's weird. But yes, I feel like she's trying to go the Jessica Alba route because like we haven't really seen a lot from her, but she has her whole honest you know brand line or whatever that has made made her billionaire. Bookoo money same thing with Jessica Simpson. Jessica Simpson has made bookou money and she hasn't sang a song.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so does our name have to be Jessica or Jennifer? Oh no, Eva, I don't know where I got that from. I'm saying really strange things right now. They all got to look alike.
Speaker 3: No, they don't take this microphone from her? But is is Jessica Alba? Is she really honest?
Speaker 2: What is she.
Speaker 3: Her? No?
Speaker 2: Wasn't there some when when there's some pushback or when she you know, when I started having children. I think when she came out with this whole honest line, and I think that the selling point was like it could be shipped to your house in like five seconds or something.
Speaker 3: What really making this up?
Speaker 1: I thought the whole thing was like it was like non toxic, Like that was this she her? She got in very early at the beginning of like the focus on like the non toxic phase.
Speaker 3: That's it product. Yes, yeah, Okay, so I think I'm making up the other party because you're not. I'm on a roll.
Speaker 2: No, because let's talk about Okay, let me tell you really what this happened. Okay, I had children blah blah blah. And then all of a sudden, the the mail services, Walmart, Target, all of them started like shipping ship to your house the same day.
Speaker 3: So so it helped mothers. Okay, when you.
Speaker 1: Had kids, Really, I don't after me right after me. I don't feel like I experienced that. I still had to like leave my house. Okay, it was after you too.
Speaker 3: Okay, but can we talk about Target because I'm mad at them? Oh yeah, sure, Okay.
Speaker 2: Somewhere along the lines of Memorial Day, this is we're passing Memorial Dad. At this point, they had the LBGT like rainbow display collection collection. I see a man on this some video he pulls Okay, it's a collection of like clothes and all that kind of stuff, but it was a rainbow that was part of the display. He pulls down the rainbow, he throws on the ground. This is in Target, and he stomps on it. What So people were doing stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: And then instead of Target saying, hey, guys, y'all are banned from Target, they were like, we're taking the shit and put it in the store.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they pulled they I thought, they like completely took it down.
Speaker 2: Well after people started well, first they relocated it to the back of the store, which was disgusting, and then y'all decide to take it out the store because people don't know how to act. So we're just we're rewarding people when they don't when they act bad?
Speaker 3: Is that what we do? This? This country is so jacked up. It's insane. We are so jacked up.
Speaker 2: I mean, like, and how is it that an LBGT shirt or anything related to that community?
Speaker 3: How would that harm someone?
Speaker 1: Is forcing or or causing someone to have that type of reaction.
Speaker 3: There's there's it's not for you. Keep walking, keep walking?
Speaker 2: And but not only that, Like, how how does that Let's say I bought a rainbow shirt and put it on?
Speaker 3: How does that hurt you? How does that bother you? Why does it bother you?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 3: I don't even understand it? Yeah, like, what is the reason behind that?
Speaker 2: It makes no sense. People are stupid. But you know, who was I'm not gonna say what the person looked like?
Speaker 3: Who was?
Speaker 2: It was very okay, fine, it was a trumper that because he had on a red hat. No he did not, but in my mind, he had on a red hat and it just gave me PTSD, but literally took the rainbow through on the ground and started kicking and stomping it.
Speaker 1: So there's a video of that, yes, Because I mean I just like read the stories where said they took the display down. I didn't know there was actual video of this.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: Wow, I don't even understand it.
Speaker 1: These people have lost their minds, ye'aple have lost their said marbles.
Speaker 3: I don't understand what upsets people.
Speaker 2: DeSantis were coming for you because you a whole another one because.
Speaker 3: He the whole listen. Let me tell you something.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize this was like such a big thing until like recently I started reading about it, about him talking about the whole drag queen shows we can't have anymore because kids are going to the drag queen show. Can I tell y'all about four years ago, because you know drag queen shows a lot of times sometimes they're brunches. I took my kids to a brunch. It was a regular brunch. I didn't know it was a drag bar. But like in the middle of like our appetizers, the music starts playing and the dragon queens start coming out, and I was like, holy shit.
Speaker 3: I wasn't prepared.
Speaker 2: But my kids were like not affected, right, they were not bothered.
Speaker 3: They didn't they didn't turn into drag queens.
Speaker 2: They turn into drag queens the next day. They were actually amused and happy. Right, they were entertained.
Speaker 3: The entertained.
Speaker 2: They were like trying to figure out how to do the splits because every drag queen was doing splits in front of us. Because I was like, Grace, you're gonna throw your back out, baby, don't try.
Speaker 1: To do split, you know, Santa, these people are insane. It's really it's really sad that, you know, I feel like our country we've come a long way, of course, because there's a lot more acceptance, a lot more education just of people of different races, sexual orientations, religions, all of that. But then you still have a strong number of people that are resistant to that, and ye are full of hate and they're gonna they feel that they just maybe are being outnumbered or or diminishing or something, and they're trying to hold on to their power, and it's.
Speaker 2: Just, well, we got to do better, we have to do better. Yeah, because when you do better, well, when you know better, supposedly you do better. But these people know better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think that they're do they They probably don't because that's what they've been taught. That's what they learned from them, their mama, their hateful mama and daddy, but then their grandparents, and that's what they're being taught, and that's what's being handed.
Speaker 3: They don't.
Speaker 1: They don't know better.
Speaker 2: Okay, but the tells DeSantis yea of the world, he should know the Trumpers of the world. Y'all try to act like somebody in y'all family's not gay, right, You want me to believe that, right, that's not believable, right, So stop?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 1: Did you see Kelly and conways daughter is Yeah, why is she doing porn or something?
Speaker 3: Playboy? Playboy? You are lying.
Speaker 2: No, my kids didn't tell me that because my kids typically they were very much aware of everything that was going on with her, because her and her mother would have battles. Yeah, they would have like social media battles. So my kids were like very much they would tell me what's going on with it?
Speaker 1: Okay, she has Claudia Karmway has shared a photo of herself posing with her mother ahead of attending prom after making her debut as an online Playboy model. What. The eighteen year old launched a subscription page on playboy dot com in late April. She has shared images of herself posing in bikinis. These are openly accessible on the page, while other snapshots require payments ranging from five to ninety nine dollars to you what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so yeah, so she is Grace's age because Grace is eighteen. Wowlechip was crazy about that.
Speaker 3: What happened to OnlyFans? So Playboy's trying to keep.
Speaker 1: Up with only I guess so that's what it sounds like. Soh why don't be surprised if you see me on OnlyFans soon me either.
Speaker 3: Okay, what are you gonna put on OnlyFans?
Speaker 1: My feet? No?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I put my thumbs.
Speaker 2: Your thumb, yes, people like my thumbs or something to my thumbs.
Speaker 3: People have hey do it? Yes?
Speaker 1: My nail tech tells me a story. She's like, I don't know, I can't remember what she was saying. She's like, yeah, my one of my clients has the only fans. She's like doing my feet, like painting my feet or whatever. She's like, yeah, one of my clients is the only fans for her feet. And she's like Robin, you can make a lot of money, yes, because I have like my feet or names.
Speaker 3: You do have nice feet.
Speaker 1: I don't look at them now, but anyway, so yeah, I might explore that.
Speaker 3: Okay, so let me know what I need to do to set mine up.
Speaker 1: Okay, but would you say these are Justell Bryant's thumbs or is it just someone's thumb?
Speaker 3: No, they're my thumbs.
Speaker 1: You're going to okay, Yeah, I'm just sure if I would like actually tell people that they're my feet.
Speaker 2: So you want people on your only fans age to think that they're just Jessica's feats? Yeah, No, one's logging in for that.
Speaker 3: Why not? Who are these people?
Speaker 2: There's like random people on only fans I know. I don't think that's Yeah, you have to show your stuff.
Speaker 3: No, I want to show my feet. But you're gonna say there's someone else's Yeah, No, I'm not. I'm not.
Speaker 1: It's not going to be Robin Dixon's only fans. It's going to be like some like pseudo name you know. Oh you know what I mean? Okay, Okay, I'll do that. Should my name my only fans name be that's a good question. Yeah, how about let's come up with one. Can do people know your middle name? Not really they don't, Okay, so we won't use that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how about Corey Corey's feet because Corey could be male or female?
Speaker 3: Yes, that's right, yes, yes, that could.
Speaker 2: Be interesting, like, oh my gosh, Corey, am I gonna see men's feet or women's fan? You know?
Speaker 1: Have you ever gone to the Only Fans website? No?
Speaker 3: I have not. I haven't either.
Speaker 1: I'm about to do it now.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you're I'm gonna do thumbs. So if y'all see a thumb page nine times out of ten, guys, it's mine.
Speaker 1: Sign up to support your favorite creators. Okay, I gotta log in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I'm here for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll listen to how it goes.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, I was talking about somethinghere were we talking about about? Okay, but before the feet and the Only Fans and Jessica Simpson and Jessica Alba and I should have named one of my kids Jessica because apparently they're successful. I have no idea where talking Kelly and come way oh oh oh oh okay, so wait a minute, Santas, Hey, no tell me. So she went to prom where locally right, because from what I understand, they sent.
Speaker 3: Her to a boarding school. Oh really, then.
Speaker 2: They sent her away because she was cutting up and Kelly and Cowery was like, look at here, you you cutting up? And and I think it caused all of the cut up that she was doing, cause well I don't want to say it caused, but Kelly Ann and her husband.
Speaker 3: Get a divorce, yeah they are, Yes, yep.
Speaker 2: And it's kind of like, you know, if my child stopped speaking to me because of my political views, because my political views.
Speaker 3: Are freaking horrible. Am I going to change my political views?
Speaker 2: Like you know, every adult has to like live your conviction, but like this isn't what you You don't tie yourself to somebody who is a racist.
Speaker 3: Kelly an Conway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a bad career move for her, just I mean, it sacrificed her family.
Speaker 2: But anyway, yes, Rob and I are going to be on only fans as other people. And so if you see new to OnlyFans thumbs or feet, yes it's me and.
Speaker 3: Robin I feet.
Speaker 1: It's white polish es, yes, only white.
Speaker 2: She will never have any other color but white on her toes, which is very strange because why I said to her, I'm sick.
Speaker 3: Of the white vin I'm sick of it. He did not. He didn't say that. No, I said it.
Speaker 1: He would appreciate, see, one would appreciate other colors. But like I have to if I gotta, like, if I have pink on my toes, then he wants pink on my hands.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's fine, what's wrong with that? That's fine? But like.
Speaker 1: Usually I keep well, my policy was chipped off everywhere. Usually I don't. I don't do my toes every time I do my hands.
Speaker 3: Okay, do you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 1: True? So like, okay, if I have pink one day, one time, and then the next time I go I might have purple. So now I'm stuck with purple hands and my feet are pink.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, dilemmas, dilemmas right.
Speaker 1: Thank you once again for being here with us. We appreciate you so so much.
Speaker 2: Yes we do, and please enjoy the Black Effect podcast fest of all.
Speaker 1: Yes, here is a clip from our performance. We are sorry you missed it, but at least you get to hear this, Yes you do.
Speaker 3: It was lots of fun.
Speaker 4: Two podcasts coming to the stage are very special.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: It's a privilege and the honor to be in business with all of these women.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: One lady is a singer, songwriter, actress, member of the biggest selling R and B group of all time, and a mental health advocate.
Speaker 5: And you may know the other two ladies from Bravo's hit show, The Real Housewives of Potomac. But today they are reasonable and shady, and I mean, if you listen to this shit, they shady as hell, y'all and I love it. So please welcome Michelle Williams, Robin Dixon, and just thou Pryor.
Speaker 2: Welcome to reasonably Shady checking in. My name is Jiselle Brud, I'm Robin Dixon.
Speaker 6: My name is Michelle Williams.
Speaker 3: What's up, Atlanta. It is so excited to be here.
Speaker 2: This is the Black Effect Festival number one.
Speaker 3: This is history and the making.
Speaker 2: Nice to see everybody. Y'all give it up for yourself house. Look at this. This house is packed. Yeah, it is packed. It is sold out.
Speaker 6: So thank y'all so much for supporting the very very first ever podcast festival. We know that it is going to be like double next year in triple, but y'all are the first. So thank you for being like she said, like Joelle said, history bristo, she said, you welcome you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: We really appreciate it. Yes, so let me ask you all. Are y'all into checking in with Michelle?
Speaker 3: Of course? Thank you. Oh this is a reasonably shady.
Speaker 1: This is like a marriage made in heaven because like we're the balance up here, we're recently shady and Michelle is just so beautiful checking in on your mental health and so she can put us in check when we might be a little off.
Speaker 3: We'll see.
Speaker 6: And now let's let's let's keep it all the way real. A lot of us like to live with boundaries and peace and joy and balance. But there's a little sliver of shady in your soul that ain't quite God ain't quite work through yet.
Speaker 2: So that's me, I'm gonna telling me, and y'all are probably wondering why the three of us are doing this together. First of all, we all know that Michelle is used to being on stage with two very bad queen so she's allowing us.
Speaker 3: To be with her today. Thank you, mische.
Speaker 6: I am really excited to be with your beautiful, beautiful ladies today.
Speaker 2: Well, In typical reasonably shady fashion, we start off our podcast with our reasonably shady moment of the week.
Speaker 3: Who wants to go first? You go first, I'm gonna go first.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Okay, guys, it's been a week. First and foremost. For those of you all who don't know me, I have three beautiful daughters. When is eighteen. Her name's Grace. I have twins, Angela and the Door. I think their dad is here somewhere. I think the good reverend. Where's Pastor Bryan. I think we're gonna call him out. I think he's here somewhere anyway. Oh, somebody's pointing.
Speaker 3: Okay, anyway, not.
Speaker 2: That that's not Pastor Bryant, but he's he's on his way anyway. So this week the girls had a dance recital, and you know, they go to a nice Catholic school, nice and the dance recital was a tork of some sort.
Speaker 3: It was a Catholic school. It was it was like it was like a semi tork. It was like a.
Speaker 2: Uh and a butt roll. But that's it. We're gonna keep it cool. However, Grace always says that the twins dance and they get it from their mama. So I'm always like, why y'all throwing shade on me? Because I do remember Michelle, the person that taught me how to twork.
Speaker 6: Don't you do it over here? I mean, I don't know how to work, and I admit that a little bit.
Speaker 2: Okay, So some years I met Michelle, very long time ago, and we were going she came to I was married to pastor. She came to the church. We were going to dinner and I told Michelle, I don't know how to twork. And she said, Giselle, I know how to twork, and I'm gonna show you how to t work.
Speaker 3: I did you did? Oh my god? What I do?
Speaker 6: It's in your ankles, right on your knees. Where's that?
Speaker 3: She said?
Speaker 2: She said, drop it down? Where's the power at? And then do a little something like this.
Speaker 6: But it's in your ankles, right, is that right? Don't be shamed.
Speaker 3: Do you approve ankle?
Speaker 6: She said, that's not a twerk?
Speaker 3: Do you approve of that?
Speaker 6: I don't. I don't approve.
Speaker 2: So that is the trk that my children do. I learned it from Michelle, thank.
Speaker 3: You very much.
Speaker 6: But that's your twerking is where she said it it's in your knees, but something else shape.
Speaker 3: It's in your knees, I think. So I was in the ankles.
Speaker 6: The ankles, okay, ankles.
Speaker 2: So what the ankle's gotta do with What the ankle's gotta do with the torque? Okay, you're losing them up anyway.
Speaker 1: Pray for my children because they have no rhythm and you're blaming it on Michelle Williams. Okay, that's a good one. Okay, So y'all, I'm gonna keep mind really quick. So flying down here yesterday, I'm on the plane. You know, you put your phone in airplane mode and you're on your phone browsing the internet, Instagram, whatever, and my phone rings.
Speaker 3: I'm actually in thirty thousand feet in.
Speaker 1: The air, and my phone rings, and it's it's a cousin, And so I'm like, what do I do? Let me answer the answer the phone in cases in important. So I literally answered the phone while the flight attendant is serving drinks right in front of me, and she turned to me and was like, I know you ain't just answered the phone. We thirty thousand feet in the air. I was like, oh shit, let me hang out because I did not want to be like that man yelling about a baby, yelling and.
Speaker 2: Screaming and crying about a baby crying. I said, okay, let me hang up really quickly. Yes, but I was the shady one for answering an actual phone call on the airplane.
Speaker 3: I was just so shocked that it came through. But was it worth it?
Speaker 2: Was it?
Speaker 1: Whatever, your cousin, It wasn't worth it. It wasn't worth it. And thank god they didn't land the plane and kick me off. And I said, let me hurry up and get off this phone. But the fact, and I was traveling with my husband and he was like, I can't believe you answered the phone in front of the flight attendant.
Speaker 3: Like who does that?
Speaker 2: So I was the shady one answering the phone in front of a flight attendant.
Speaker 3: Michelle, you have a shady moment.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to think of a shady moment. I kind of live a boring life, believe it or not, really nothing to report in my neck of the woods.
Speaker 1: Come back to So, okay, if you don't have a shady moment, since you are, you know you all about mental health and checking in. Do you have something to share just to help people mentally ground themselves or mental health.
Speaker 6: So if I could ask, I know we are recording and we wanted just to teach quieter so that people who are actually listening to us up here can hear us. And someone asked me, how do you know when you are honoring your boundaries? Does anybody know what boundaries are?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 6: So boundaries could be like literally a demarcation in the sand where you do not cross this line. And literally on my page this week, someone said, how do you know that you've honored your boundaries? So I said, imagine you say, I'm gonna go to the family reunion this year, But if ain't he so and so say something a little shady, I'm out. That's the boundary that you've made, because ain't he so and so? Or uncle so and so always finds a way to be disrespectful because maybe you've upped your game in life, You've improved in areas of your life, and they haven't. So you know the saying when people in your family say you changed, right, well, just say I have. I've changed. You haven't. And that's where the problem is. It's with you and now with me. Now the boundary is, how do you know you've honored your boundary is when you literally do what you said you were gonna do. You don't go back and forth with the person. Does anybody know what okay means? I've mastered the ministry of.
Speaker 3: Okay, right, okay, okay, and you leave.
Speaker 6: That's how you know you are honoring your boundaries.
Speaker 3: That's yes.
Speaker 2: But actually Robin and I actually practiced that on a show call The Real Housewives of Potomac.
Speaker 3: Yes, indeed, we just sit there.
Speaker 2: We sit there and say, okay, okay, okay, look, I'm gonna give y'all a little a little team we are, well, we might be doing a little something right now, and I have to ask her to honor my boundaries. But that is something when you are real friends that you can do and you don't have to fall out, you don't have to argue. But at some point you can say to your friends, no, yeah, that's enough, we're good.
Speaker 3: And we're moving on. So you'll see that.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, all right, well we are gonna move on because it is now time for our reasonably shady Oh no, no, it's our hot topics that it is now time for our recent topics. It is now time for our Robin always gets me together. Okay, it is time for our hot topics. Okay, before we get into it, I want to tell the crowd to it.
Speaker 3: She into it.
Speaker 1: Before we get into it, I'd want to let y'all know that we're going to be allowing people to ask questions at the end of this show. So if you have a question, keep you know, think of something, and when we get to that at the end, just raise your hand.
Speaker 3: So I just want to prepare y'all for that. Yep.
Speaker 2: Okay, So right off the bat, we gotta check in with y'all. I'm looking at the crowd. I'm seeing the age range. Who is concerned about Hulu and the new Freaknick documentary.
Speaker 1: Who's gonna be on it? How many are gonna be on the Freaknick documentary?
Speaker 3: Raise your hand if you're gonna be on If you're nervous? How many of you raise your hands?
Speaker 6: If you're gonna be nervous that you might be in the Freaknik documentary?
Speaker 1: Are you? Are you nervous that you're gonna see your mother on the freak Nick documentary?
Speaker 3: On your Auntiam who was conceived.
Speaker 1: Possibly during that moment, he is jumping up and down. He said, I know, yes, he is froning center on the Freaknick documentary.
Speaker 2: So I mean, it's it's it's it's funny when we get together and we we're on one accord. We are on one accord that we want Freaknick documentary shut down. Wait a minute, are you gonna be on there? You think you're gonna be on there? That might be in a documentary wants shut down. Jaseelle wantsn't shut down.
Speaker 3: I want to see it because we desist right now.
Speaker 1: I want to see it. I'm at my popcorn watch and see who I see because I think what year didn't stop?
Speaker 2: I don't know what year stopped, But there was a freak Nick Philly. There's a freak Nick in Atlanta. There's a freak Nick. But the Atlanta one is like, yes, the top tier one, that's the one. This was before such a problem holder than you, just before your time.
Speaker 6: I mean, I was in I graduated high school in ninety seven, so could I have been a part?
Speaker 3: So we're like the same. I didn't go to Freak Nick.
Speaker 6: I was at vacation Bible School, so.
Speaker 3: I might have been there.
Speaker 1: I think Miami turns into the new Freaknick. So I say, we're going to see Jazi. Everybody keep your eyes open for Jisel in the new freaking in the.
Speaker 3: New and she has not changed.
Speaker 2: She's gonna look she looks the same, so she can't And I wasn't doing anything that I don't do on the Real Housewives of Potomac.
Speaker 3: There we go that.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, We're very excited about Damar Hamlin.
Speaker 3: Yes, he is now reinstated.
Speaker 1: Is even so Damar Hamlin has been clear to play football again, to start working out, and that is such a blessing that he has come through that. But I know there are people who feel there are contradicting like feelings about it. Some people are excited for him, but some people just think he should not be long. She should not be on a football field again.
Speaker 3: Oh I didn't know that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh so some some of you guys feel that he shouldn't play ever again because he might get hurt.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think they think he went through a very traumatic experience and you know, like who knows if his body is ready to take on that that physicality of the game of football, right, I.
Speaker 6: Mean, he's medically cleared, which we know will will be okay, which is fine. Did they find the root cause of what of what happened to me in the first place. But someone like DeMar Hamlin is probably feeling like he's too young yet to sit on the sideline, So he's gonna take the risk to do something where he's worked years and years to get to that point to be on the NFL field.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I know the incident was like a fluke incident. They say it was like the hit hit his chest at the same time of like a certain I don't know, cardiac rhythmic whatever, I don't know the terminology, but it was like a very small chance that that would happen to.
Speaker 3: Me if it was your son.
Speaker 6: Yeah, ladies, man, if it was your son, yes, would you want him to play again?
Speaker 2: And Robin has two sons that are of football playing age, how do you feel?
Speaker 1: So, I know, an athlete like Damar Hamlin, he this is what he loves, this is what he knows, this is his life, and so to take that game away from him like that is probably more damaging to his mental health than to his physical health. And so for me, if that's something that he knows and loves, that's what he.
Speaker 3: Eats and breathes and lives.
Speaker 1: And he's been medically clear to play, then I want him to do that as long as the doctors around him say that he can do it.
Speaker 3: Okay, And how does Wan feel about this? The same way? Okay?
Speaker 1: Walk?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, we love one. But we're really happy Wan Dixon is not here right now? Is that the same? It might be here, y'all, it might be here.
Speaker 2: He yes, we absolutely love one. Now, how many of y'all on the Twitter? Are y'all on Twitter?
Speaker 3: Of course?
Speaker 2: Now y'all gonna pay for y'all blue check? Who paid for a blue paid for a blue check? It's only eleven dollars a month, y'all. You paid for yours?
Speaker 3: You did? She paid for? Who else paid for a blue check? Okay?
Speaker 6: Now now, but I think the new verified is not to be verified. Everybody's gonna PuO a point those of us who were verified. My blue check was taken away minus like, well all right, well right.
Speaker 1: Well, I just so I did a little research because I don't go on Twitter, but I went on Twitter and I saw that my blue check is gone. Yes, so I just deactivated my account. I'm like, I don't need any but can I go on there?
Speaker 6: But can someone do a new account in your name and likeness?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 1: I mean, at this point, if you're gonna be paying for blue if people can pay for blue checks, they can do whatever.
Speaker 3: Well, so I deactivated my account. I did see that.
Speaker 2: At first the blue check costs like one hundred and twenty two dollars a year, and then it went on sale because nobody's buying it, it's like one hundred and fourteen, So it's now one fourteen or wait until it goes down to zero.
Speaker 1: So wait, I'm gonna tell you there was somebody did a little research on who from the real house as a Potomac has a blue check?
Speaker 3: Oh? Oh, who paid for that blue check? Y'all? Who do y'all think paid for that blue check? Can't? She said? Karen?
Speaker 1: Who? Karen?
Speaker 3: Who else? Candace? Who else? So I'm gonna tell you Mia and Karen have blue checks, y'all.
Speaker 1: They paid there one hundred and fourteen dollars to make sure that they were verified.
Speaker 6: Oh, it's fourteen dollars a month.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, it's eleven dollars a month and one hundred and fourteen dollars a year, So you can either pay for the year or you could pay eleven dollars a month.
Speaker 3: I paid zero and I deactivated my account.
Speaker 2: And I'm waiting for it to go down to zero. Now, who is voting for Afroman in the next election? Do y'all know who afromans?
Speaker 3: Y'all do? Okay?
Speaker 1: Who?
Speaker 3: Business? I got high? Both Afroman? Okay? I need we need more information about Afroman.
Speaker 1: So Afroman is running for president in the twenty twenty four election as an independent, and he has proclaimed himself to be the next cannabis Commander in chief can't yes?
Speaker 3: And the pothead of States? Yes, now now for all of y'all.
Speaker 1: Clearly, his platform is about legalizing marijuana everywhere but already legal. So who is voting for Afroman? Just based on at a large it's okay? Okay, Afroman has some momentum.
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 6: Are you still recovering from four twenty?
Speaker 3: Dogs is running? Mate, She's still she's celebrating four twenty.
Speaker 6: She's still recovering from four twenty.
Speaker 3: Every day is four twenty. Every day, it's every day it's four twenty. Do y'all agree with that? I think that I think we should give afro man a shot.
Speaker 2: We should allow him to to go and do all the debate a campaign and listen and see if he talks about anything other than we But what all right?
Speaker 1: But what does a United States of America led by President Afroman look like?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 2: We don't know, Robin, nobody will be able to see we'll all being about.
Speaker 1: No, we do know. Everybody'll be calm. Everyone's gonna relax.
Speaker 6: They their body so everybody will remove the inflammation.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yes, are we going to get anything done like what happens when Russia comes to bomb us? Yes?
Speaker 3: Are we going to be ready or are we going to be a little delayed?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 3: What are we going to do? I don't know?
Speaker 1: Okay, So so if you're not interested in voting for Afroman, you can also for Robert F.
Speaker 3: Kennedy Junior. He's running as well. So we got options, y'all.
Speaker 2: Now, I know, Michelle, you had a hot topic about Oh my gosh, it was so much going on. She's a dear heart to me, Chloe Bailey.
Speaker 6: No, no, Chloe, She's gonna be a concert like literally tomorrow here in Atlanta. And there was so much talk about everybody was mad or there was rumblings about people mad at Beyonce for not supporting Chloe's album, and so it's kind of too sordid here because Beyonce promoted it, everybody would be like, that's unfair.
Speaker 3: You got her.
Speaker 6: Promoting, and then you feel like she didn't do enough. She's on her label. That's enough promotion, that is enough support. So Chloe's been doing her thing. She's been doing her thing and every and as she said, she said, you know, people know her music. She's on a sold out tour. So I just had to throw that out there, like, why was that such a big deal about who's who was supporting who? I think it was just because it was beyond of course, y'all.
Speaker 3: Gonna leave alone, leave her alone, Let's see.
Speaker 1: I got I gotta play the devil's advocate though, Oh Robin, I mean, why why wouldn't she support her?
Speaker 3: She didn't?
Speaker 6: Who said she didn't support?
Speaker 3: Well? Right, so I did she do?
Speaker 6: We know who said she did not support? She's very she's very involved in helping people creatively. Now Chloy can write, she makes her own beats herself. Now, did she help like kind of maybe finesse some things visually? Absolutely, but does she need to be on her Instagram? No, No, because y'all would have something. Not y'all, because we're family. We cousins are the fun that ain't related to us in this room would have had something to say because they didn't do it in here that And a part.
Speaker 3: Of me feels like.
Speaker 2: If she did continuously support and support and support, people will then say Chloe is not where she is on her own, and it would be all because Beyonce is supporting and Beyonce is pushing. No, Chloe is where she is on her own and we have to support that. And beyond, Beyonce is busy. She's raising her kids, She's working on a world tour.
Speaker 3: She is busy.
Speaker 1: Okay, So why didn't y'all support? Why didn't y'all Why didn't y'all support the album.
Speaker 3: She got?
Speaker 6: She She says she watched the movie. She does have a sold out tour, and I think sometimes sometimes seeing stuff live in person helps a person say I gotta cop that album. So you're obviously a fan of hers. If her tour is sold out, her very first one is sold out. Boom saying you make more money on tours and merch than album sales anyway.
Speaker 3: Listen to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so the Twitter will feed the album and I guess we just didn't really know about it, and'st it just fine?
Speaker 6: She's gonna be just fine. Every artist doesn't go platinum their first album out.
Speaker 3: She's going to be just fine, right, And as I think about it, Beyonce doesn't.
Speaker 1: She doesn't promote anybody else on her on her platforms, you know what I mean, most of her pages just her beautiful, artistic looking fashion pictures, and so it would be out of her. It wouldn't be something that she ordinarily does. And so I think for her it's probably all or nothing. It's probably like I'm not going to promote anything so that individuals can't be upset that I didn't. Yes, you know, it's not like she promoted her individually and solo wise.
Speaker 6: Destiny's Child put in the work. There was no there was nobody really indoors seeing and putting us on Destiny's Child word for everything, which I think equates to the to the longevity of the group and us being able to me being able to be up here solo wise with y'all so hard work does that. Yes, he's gonna She's gonna be foul. Hard work keeps us here absolutely all right, we.
Speaker 2: Gotta be up to our next segment. Is it reasonable or is it shade? If anybody out here has a reasonably shady situation that they want to discuss, start thinking about it, and if we have time, we'll do it.
Speaker 1: Sorry, but first, so, if there's something you want us to weigh in on, like say you have an argument between you and your mom, or your you know, your neighbors, or something you want to get our opinions, think about it and raise your hand when we give you the opportunity to raise your hand.
Speaker 3: So this is Asia.
Speaker 2: Asia is a faithful Hey girl, faithful reasonably shakester.
Speaker 3: Yes, Yes, Asia, Where are you from? Asia? I'm from Connecticut.
Speaker 1: So Asia lives in Connecticut. She came to our live show in New York. I traveled alone, and she tried us to Atlanta to be here for us. So she is.
Speaker 3: Give it up for Asia.
Speaker 1: We appreciate her so much she and she's been a faithful listener and supporter of the podcast. So Asia has a reasonable or is this reasonable.
Speaker 3: Or shady scenario to ask us. Yeah, and y'all got away in So y'all listen.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, So I was in a breakroom and my coworker, she was like complaining. She's like, I have kids, eggs are expensive. So I'm I'm agreeing with her. I'm like, yeah, it is, you know, gas is out of control, of rents out of control. She turns to me and goes, you don't have any kids and you still live at home, so what are you complaining about. I'm like, I have a cardinal, I have car insurance. Everything else being a girl's just expensive. So is that reasonable or is it shady?
Speaker 3: Okay, so did y'all hear what she said?
Speaker 2: She's saying she was talking to her girlfriend no co world over, talking to her worker, and she was talking about how expensive things are out here in these streets. And her coworker was like, but you live with your mama, you don't have kids, and you don't have no kids and what else she said?
Speaker 3: And that was it? And is that reasonable or is that shady?
Speaker 1: Reasonable? So, if you all right, raise your hand if you think that's a reasonable statement for her.
Speaker 6: To make, because she feels like you got extra money laying around because you don't have kids, so she didn't book.
Speaker 1: Now, raise your hand if that's a shady statement for her coworking.
Speaker 3: Now, okay, that is yes, so all the way live shady.
Speaker 1: I agree, right, that is all the way shady because nobody should be counting anybody's coins, their coins, their bills, their scenario.
Speaker 3: They don't know. Asia could be trying to say, gave up for a house.
Speaker 1: She could be she could be planning for children, and so she's feeling the same effects that we're all a feeling feeling in relation to how.
Speaker 6: Or she's saving up. Because Netflix keep going up, everybody keep going up in their prices, so you keep your coins, yes.
Speaker 1: Period, Right, So don't much, don't let her make you feel like, don't let her minimize your issues or what you're going through because you don't have children, or because you live at home with yourself. You know everything that you go through matters, and just because it may not seem as big to somebody else, that doesn't mean it doesn't matter to you.
Speaker 3: Right, thank you lady, But.
Speaker 6: Future y'all giving up. She drove all the way from Cannadi with her fresh silt Press come.
Speaker 3: On you too, all the way from Connecticut.
Speaker 6: I mean her self, Press is just out bouncing Okay, wait, y'all some raise y'all hands.
Speaker 1: If you came from another state, if you don't live here, wow, my gosh.
Speaker 2: If you came from out the country. Who came from out the country? Who's I can't hear?
Speaker 3: From Canada? Wow, that's awesome. What country? Okay, you are a vacation from turxy CA coast?
Speaker 2: Don't count. Okay, because you were from Atlanta. Oh you from California? From California, that's awesome, that's amazing.
Speaker 3: Anybody from Chicago right quick? Hey? Anybody from Maryland? From where me and Robin a from Maryland? Maryland towers in the house? Okay, be more silver spring? Yes, Arkansas wants some love. Chack, give Arkansas some love? All right?
Speaker 1: All right, Michelle, you have you have any reasonably shared this question?
Speaker 3: I can answer this too.
Speaker 6: Is it reasonable or shady if you brought a bottle to an event to take it back at the end at the event if it wasn't open?
Speaker 3: Okay, who says it's reasonable? R Raise your head? It's reasonable? Rache add it's reasonable. Okay, all right, hold on, y'all, hold on, ye raise your head? It it shady? Rick? Wait?
Speaker 1: Wait, I didn't see all right, So this is like it's fifty to fifty who says reasonable?
Speaker 7: Who?
Speaker 6: Okay, it depends, let me tell you who. Can I tell you why it depends.
Speaker 3: It's a whole lot of things that it depends on. Who has done this before.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna tell you why it depends. If it was a potluck and everybody brings their own stuff, and then and then you take it back. But if I got a nice dinner, then I prepared for you, and the ship prepared for you, and you didn't pay for nothing, and I invite you over and you bring a bottle, it belongs to me?
Speaker 3: Okay, you got that right? Yes, Okay.
Speaker 2: I also think it depends on is it an expensive bottle champagne?
Speaker 3: Or did you get it from the five and dime? Like what shelf this bottle from? So it depends. It depends.
Speaker 6: There are certain red wines that I like from publics that are really really really good, right, and then there are some that should not come from publics that are more expensive.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: So I actually was faced with this dilemma one day. My girlfriends and I was probably about eight of us. We had a dinner party at my girlfriend's house and if I can remember correctly, we all like chipped in for the dinner, but the girlfriend that was hosting it told everyone to bring a bottle, So I brought a bottle of Tito's. I brought a large bottle of Tito's vacuum glue. 'reing the pandemic, and y'all know how expensive liquor was during the pandemic. So we go there and there was already a bottle of Tito's that was opened, so we were we were drinking on that Tito's bottle. Okay, so wait a minute. So at the end of the night, at the end of the night, my bottle was unopened, and and as I was about to leave. As I was about to leave, I'm like walking towards the bottle to grab it to take it home. And my girlfriend was like, oh, girl, thanks for the bottle. I love Tito's. It's my favorite. And I was like, oh, you're welcome, and I went and I left.
Speaker 3: And I went home.
Speaker 1: So and just to give y'all, I wanted my bottle back, but I was just like, okay, So she was, but that was nice of you rapping for it, but she should have given it back to me.
Speaker 3: No, Robin, you bought it to her house.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 1: I think if that was me, if it was my house and everyone chipped in and her and the bottle was unopened, I would be like, oh.
Speaker 2: Girl, we don't open your bottle. You want to take it back? I think it depends. No, it depends on how close you are with the person. Like, if it's my sister, I'm taking a bottle back. If it's people I don't really know that, well, I'm gonna let it. I'm gonna let you have it.
Speaker 3: The bottle expensive. This is real quick, it's real quick. This is a little tea.
Speaker 2: So you know how if you watch housewives, any housewives, if you watch our show in particular, when we go to each other's house, typically we bring a bottle of something. Karen always says, give me my bottle back. After we're done filming. She's done that to me three times. She's like, give me my bottle back.
Speaker 1: So we do.
Speaker 3: It's a joke. It's a running joke.
Speaker 1: But anyways, like recycling bottles, it's like she brings it to one event.
Speaker 6: And I mean, we don't want to belabor the topic, but if you invite me to your home for a nice dinner, and all I have to do is show up. The nice thing to do is you bring a bottle, so you present it as a gift. I don't want it back, Like I said, if it was like a pot look situation, you know how you take a little three bean potato salad back home that you made, and you take you a little RC or seven up bottle that you brought, you take your if it was a pot look type situation.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, all right, we got on one of my We gotta move on. But it is now time for you guys to ask us anything. And whoever is asking us something, you're gonna keep it.
Speaker 3: PG. Thirteen.
Speaker 1: Tell us your names. Tell us your name where you're from. Hey, y'all, my name is Deniseha. I'm from Charlotte, North Carolina.
Speaker 3: Oh can you hear me?
Speaker 1: Hey, y'all, I have a quick question for Jaselle. So I just finished Ultimate Girl's Trip. What was your reaction after you found out what really happened to your bottle?
Speaker 3: I'm so happy you're asking me that question.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna get For those of y'all who don't know what she's talking about. I was on a show called Ultimate Girl's trip. It was a bunch of different housewives, some different shows. It's on Peacock and I had a fit because someone took my bottle of tequila. Okay, so and all of y'all have DMed me your bottle and to say that y'all found it, which is so hilarious. At the end, the producers, the Salt Lake City Girls, we're joking that the bottle was in the shower, the outside shower.
Speaker 3: That was a joke. The Salt Lake Girls.
Speaker 2: Don't have it. Leah from New York had a bottle that she brought in her confessional and she was like, Oh, I got yourselves bottle. She's joking too. The truth is, we have no idea what a bottle is. But I know who has the bottle. Okay, I know who took the bottle. But the truth is we don't know does.
Speaker 3: The does the name? I know, does the name start with a sea? And starts with a sea? Okay? And it ends with the ass No, it ends with a yeah. All right, what's the next question? Guys?
Speaker 2: Hey, y'all, I'm Toya from Little Rock, Arkansas, the Arkansaw and the Building. I have a podcast called the Spiel Podcast.
Speaker 3: It's the ma.
Speaker 2: My question, Hey sorr Jisellah, excuse my question is for the beautiful Michelle Williams. I absolutely love your podcast. I have a segment on my podcast called Mutual Chicken to where my spillers, my peers, whom ever is on my show have to do a mental check in. When you are doing that or just coming up with your podcast, was it hard to be extremely vulnerable? I did counseling, I did therapy, and it's something that I feel like everybody should of course look into. But when you started your podcast to you know, just focus on that, was it challenging Because I'm like shy, but I'm talkative, but I don't like being vulnerable.
Speaker 6: But I'm super vulnerable and sometimes to a fall.
Speaker 3: So how do you handle the.
Speaker 6: Ups and down the bat? Thank you for asking and congratulations on your podcast. Amazing. So I've learned on my mental health journey. We all have mental health, but everybody does not have mental illness. So let's know the two mental health is like your cardiovascular health reproductive hell, we all have that, right. So what I learned on my journey is there is a difference. I think I spoke to you all about the difference between being transparent and being vulnerable. I'm an open book. I can be transparent, but vulnerable is when you in that transparent moment is when you say how something feels, how it made you feel, and you allow yourself in that moment. If you're still angry or sad about that moment, you acknowledge it and you literally feel your feelings. So when I talked about, like one time my father passing away or a moment where something happened, I believe it was something maybe with police brutality. I allowed myself to cry on the podcast or to get choked up. That's me being vulnerable, then me just reading off my personal moment that I had this week. I think we all can be open books, but it's hard to be vulnerable and cry about something or be like, bro, it hurt my feelings when you said this, or when you talk to me this way. This is how it makes me feel. That's being vulnerable all right, then being just then instead of being just a transparent hot head.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love that. I'm like giving it a title.
Speaker 2: You hurt my feelings when you did X, as opposed to just yelling at the person or responding to the person.
Speaker 3: I like that, Mitchell, I'm gonna use that well.
Speaker 6: Well, when a person is yelling that, anger is a secondary emotion. So let's unpack that. I'm angry because I'm angry because I feel overlooked. I'm angry because I feel like you ignored me when I told you. I don't like when you do this, so if I gotta tell you again, I might blow up. Anger is what's come second. Being feeling out, feeling talked about, feeling betrayed, feeling abandoned. That's the first emotion. But when it festers, when it seems unseen or unheard, that's when anger comes in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I love that. And that's also that's.
Speaker 1: Also communication, you know, using your communication skills.
Speaker 3: It's hard to communicate those feelings sometimes.
Speaker 6: Why is this so hard to communicate being vulnerable? But we can communicate the anger, right, that's true.
Speaker 3: We all working on that. We work in progress. Yes, indeed, I know. I am all right. We got another question two minutes left. Y'all.
Speaker 1: Hi, my name is Leah. I live in Orlando. I have a podcast called Adoptees Crossing Lines. I'm a black adoptee and I host it with two other black adoptees, and we're pretty vulnerable on our show.
Speaker 3: My question is for you, Michelle.
Speaker 1: I'm wondering how you take care of yourself when you're, you know, talking about all these different things constantly and just sharing your life, sharing your story. How do you take care of yourself afterwards or in between shows?
Speaker 6: In between shows depending on the topic. If it's something I know I've already walked through and I've healed from, I can go eat a bag of chips afterwards. But when it's something that seems still a little fresh, there are little things that can calm the nervous system down. You gotta take a walk, go let some water, sit in the pool if you can. But just taking a walk and getting away and separating yourself from the situation or the topic is really the best thing. Because us, when we host podcasts, we have to research some heavy, heavy stuff, or you could be walking through something heavy, but you still gotta host a guest and beat upbeat.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I also say take a drive when we do reasonably shady, I do it at Robin. We do it at Robin's house, and I have to drive. Maybe it's about thirty five minutes away. So that drive home, I like decompress and get my mind right because when I hit the door with my kids, I gotta be I gotta be ready for that.
Speaker 3: Right for sure. Okay, we have time about one more questions. Let's get a learning question.
Speaker 6: Y'all, God bless you, Oh yes, it's God.
Speaker 7: I just want to say, each one of you ladies look like full rid scholarships to IVY League. HBCUs. Keep these ladies around the applause but looking so goddamn good. Thank you, And to end the questions, I just want to know is it reasonable or shady? It's Sunday, right, so I just want to know from Michelle when Jesus say what.
Speaker 3: I just want how to sing the reply.
Speaker 7: When Jesus say what, nobody can't say what?
Speaker 3: I mean?
Speaker 6: They paid me to top d Come on, but it's Michelle, what y okay?
Speaker 3: Kip my question?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 3: All right? All right?
Speaker 6: When Jesus say yes, nobody can't say no.
Speaker 3: When Jesus nobody saying no, all right, bye, love you. I want to try to ask nobody can say no? Just say nobody can say no.
Speaker 6: Giselle will be leaving praise and worship at new Birth tomorrow morning.
Speaker 3: And give it up for the right.
Speaker 6: Reverend Jamal Brain is in the bell day.
Speaker 1: Are y'all.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for having us. Thank y'all for being a part of our show. It is Reasonably Shady.
Speaker 3: Check it in. Oh my gosh, I hope y'all enjoyed it. We'll see you next time.
Speaker 1: Yes, the podcast festival was so fun. Black effected did their thing. We can't wait till the next one.
Speaker 2: We're actually on vacation. We just were coming in and say, Hi, see how y'all doing.
Speaker 3: Letting y'all know. It's the summer time and it's time to be outside.
Speaker 1: Yes, y'all be safe and enjoy your summer. Every time summer comes, I'm like, I'm going to be out all the time, right, and then the summer ends and I'm like, damn it, you're.
Speaker 3: Out one day. Yeah, So don't be like me, y'all Okay, and don't forget to live your life either. Reasonable shape Dude.
Speaker 2: Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite
Speaker 2: Shows and you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten Giselle Bryant, and reasonably shady